Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus lush Night's podcast from News Talks.
Speaker 2: I'd be I will start with a quiz question, just to get your brains engaged on this cold evening. Here's your quiz question. Two years ago today, what happened something that was news that was big news? Happened this day? Two years ago?
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd tune on the radio and someone's asked me that question, because I woant a thought, and I would have thought, and I would have thought, and I don't think I would have known the answer two years ago today? What happened twenty twenty three, eighteenth June. Who knows? Don't Google? Let me know though, if you think you can guess what that is? Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty two years ago today, three hundred and sixty five, seven hundred and thirty days ago or thirty one depending on leave ho day, Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty yes, seven hundred and thirty one days ago. What happened today? Two years ago? Got it? You worked it out? Someone will know someone won't. I like the guesses. Get in touch, bring me now, No prize, not yet anyway. Ooh if it's prize. If there's a prize, it's always butter. But there's no prize, so there's no butter. I'm just curious to know if you know, because if you know, you'll know what I'm curious to know. If you know two years ago today, text it, I'll call it. I'll read the text as they come through. Up for your sounding a fear in the voice. Nine nine two, by the way to text, something's happened in a car park and christ Church and Rickerton. The police have re much involved, so this is just the stuff website reporting. This is his breaking news. Although the band is now down. No police have called off a christ Church car park after a serious incident. Six police officers have seen Leslie Hill Drive seven pm, including police photographers. That does not sound good. Car park appears to service least businesses five businesses in a commercial area, so there is that. But first off with the quiz question get through. If you think you know eight hundred eighty eight, I will tell you about rather I guess two years ago today. It could well have been the biggest news story of twenty twenty three, although I can't think what else happened in twenty twenty three. By the way, anybody anybody jumping if you want ever guess no kudo, Well you've got kudos personal kudos. ILL eight one hundred and eighty twenty nine to nine text. I spent some time today talking to the kids. No I said to my kids, I said, we've got to watch the Super ap Final because they've banned cowbells. And they said, why does the whitekaddo team have cowbells? I though that was an extremely good question because I said, well, actually, and I thought, and I thought, and I thought it well, actually, I think cowbells are from Switzerland when you send the cows into the hills and they're free roaming, which is certainly not what the cows and the whiteaddle are. They're fenced. So it makes me wonder whether they've ever had cow bells as their symbol, because I think in some ways it's an accurate symbol, and an accurate symbol they need something more appropriate. So I've been thinking about that a bit today as well. With cow bells. By the way, I think the ban is absolutely ridiculous, and being someone that was impartial on our very much support Wakao, I think it's extremely small minded. Although I heard someone say they reckon The only reason they ban the cow bells is because it'll be too noisy, and the people in Kantary won't be able to ask each other which school they went to. Which is what they do there apparently? Oh eight hundred eighty taddy and nine two ninety two to text year. Oh goodness, me, boy, oh boy, I'd go in the night before and dig it into the ground jup as creepers, health, thin skinned. And I know we like our sport in parochialism. However, to me that's just too full on. Yeah, not good about that at all. I know it's been a bit of a threshing to day, but you might actually want to You might want to tell me why infected? Is there symbol for when they don't send the cows into the hills. I wouldn't have thought. I don't think we ever put cow bells on cows, did we? Now we put bells on cats to stop them meeting native birds. And it's a good thing. But you couldn't take those to the rugby goodya? Cat bells? Oh eight one hundred and eighty State of origin five past ten. It's in Perth. It must be like an afternoon game. There would it be. We're in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: Ed.
Speaker 5: It's marcus ed, I mean even Marcus.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 5: Look, and I don't think they should bring the tarbells. Ten a tall and supporter and it's a big and so leave the can the bells at home and come and play rugby.
Speaker 2: But you guys sound like you can't take a joke and take everything too seriously and are running scared. I'll tell you what ed of Christ. But it makes you, guys, look, it makes you guys look like you've got your world out of perspective, like the only thing you care about is rugby.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's not true.
Speaker 7: It's true, and it's true.
Speaker 2: People are laughing at you. People are ridiculing you.
Speaker 5: They are no not Look if they put on the one eyed pictures on the eyes, there would be more than heavy. Don't bring the hairbells.
Speaker 2: But the thing is the thing is that we all enjoy you know, we're all key, we're all New Zealanders. But the people of Christ jud it's just take their rugby so seriously. And this is indicative of that. And people are people think it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Go to those of good old players, mate, and well come from Tenny.
Speaker 2: But you sound like you've got no sense of humor.
Speaker 5: Sorry, do you.
Speaker 2: Sound like.
Speaker 5: You tell those guys not coming with bells?
Speaker 7: Okay, how do you guys go?
Speaker 2: Last year?
Speaker 5: Well that was just a bit of bed lap. Well we're going n last, but this year we made up? Was she Aortland's come last and the top of the table last year? I don't think it around.
Speaker 2: I don't think Auckland's come last. You see, you guys, You guys can't enjoy your own enjoy your own success without putting down others. It does come across as mean spirits and you see even then, yet to ever go at Auckland, which makes you sound incredibly insecure. No, it makes you feel like at this you've got your rugby with your tiny stand. No one else is going to care about you.
Speaker 5: Can Who is the best city in the country?
Speaker 8: Mate?
Speaker 5: Is the way to go? It was to kend to Canterbury.
Speaker 7: What's the best?
Speaker 5: Bring the bells?
Speaker 2: What's the best city in the country?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 2: Have you ever been on a plane?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Where have you been?
Speaker 5: Perf and with some Australia in the mines, No thought that was quite a nice place. They see Australian played really well too last this season they're unlucky to lose.
Speaker 2: But okay, I I had enough of d But still, wow, should we be happy? They asked? So well? I don't know. It just does strike me as been because one day they wonder I'd even know what to say. Actually, I was still waiting for my quiz question to get answered. Oh yeah, Ross Marcus.
Speaker 10: Welcome, Yeah, high Marcus. Home makers. Hey Lek, is this the province that about five six years ago had when Auckland was playing Canterbury It some father gave his ten year old son a sign that that said I hate Aucklanders in a rugby game. They front page it of the Herald here.
Speaker 2: I think they'd be more like twenty five years ago, Ross, wouldn't.
Speaker 10: It I hate Aucklanders. I mean, this is a mentality that people down there, you know, they've got no sense of humor. There's still there's still most Robbies still get their newspapers papers from Mother England, and they've got no sense of humor when someone comes up with a good idea, because it's not theirs.
Speaker 2: And I think the I mean, the cowbells are a fairly lighted and ocuous kind of thing to take to a sport, and I quite like it. I mean it's sort of you know, did we ever.
Speaker 10: Did we ever bear the grizzly masks of one eyed grizzly masks?
Speaker 2: I don't know, did we no?
Speaker 10: Because they might have been offensive to someone. I mean, these guys have got to get to life.
Speaker 2: I think the Crusaders, I think they did have to change their symbol because the Crusades appeared to be slightly from vocative. But yeah, they have got to get life. That's the thing. Men's Bridge, Colin Mansbridge, goodness meet. Anyway, you might want to mention this, by the way, why is it the symbol? Because I don't think we have cow bells in this country. It's more like in the sound of music, Marcus, I'm a Crusader's family. The CEO needs to give himself an uppercut. He's embarrassed the province. It's a struggle enough to get good crowds at Rugby. He wants to make the atmosphere even more sterile. You what a tugger? What's wrong with a few cow bells? Misery? Guts? Can to rego the chiefs, Marcus, I know way to Twysele from Christ jur It's just passed fairly and a road sign saying be cautious, black Ice, We're enjoy listening to you on the road. E nol Emma, Izzy and George, are you a family? Marcus, the guy just contradict themselves.
Speaker 11: You did.
Speaker 2: Old players are the best, well, old players with cow bells for years, and they'd never banned them. I think I preferred the chainsaw sixteen past night, eight eight eight. Alex, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 12: Marcus, there you going good?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Alex.
Speaker 12: That's the figure I made. I couldn't help but call up just when I heard that gentleman on the phone before the Cantabrian, and I just had to call over the cantaby myself. As an avid Rugby fan, we need to stop being so pesthetic. For goodness sake, let them bring that they want to bring the cow bells, bring the cow bells.
Speaker 2: What's the big deal You've got to behave like winners, like oh.
Speaker 12: I mean, we're going to let the rugby speak for itself and all that stuff. But it's like you're right, well, who cares a cow bells?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 12: It shouldn't matter. It shouldn't matter. Were the most vanilla blank sports reporters in the world. You know, you hardly hear a powdered anyone at a damn all Blacks game. The cow bells, you know, let them bring them?
Speaker 2: Correct metaphere, brilliant, Thank you, Alex. What if this is because the stadium is small and compact. I wonder if you can take cow bells to the new stadium when that opens. It'll be the test. Oh wait, eighty Cal, Marcus, welcome, Mark, good Cal.
Speaker 13: There's one order as they come here, and I say, bring the care bells.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, that's what people. It seems like mains Bridge is spoken out of tune.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, I agree, but I'd like to say they can bring the care bells and we'll bring back our swords.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, did they take swords to the stadium.
Speaker 13: No, nothing more. The horses run around on the stadium.
Speaker 2: Where they like foam rubber swords.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was just the old phone swords and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't you take those?
Speaker 13: Well, because they's a whole nasty crusoder, look the whole company.
Speaker 2: Enough, it's complicated, doesn't it.
Speaker 14: Too much?
Speaker 13: For a game of forty Week's just down, play rugby and have had fun. Bring your bells and we'll bring our whistles, and we'll see the ones at the end of the day.
Speaker 15: You know, it's.
Speaker 2: Bells and whistles. Put Carl, I'm liking at bells and whistles. Twenty two past eight, Marcus till twelve? What are the text doors? Said Dot had on the canteb Some not all lost these humor when they lost their knights on horseback. White cotta used to be called Mulu's hence the bells. Yes, but they don't have cows with bells. And the whitecaddow I've never seen a cow and he's in with a bell. The cow bells are in the retaliation to the banning of the Canterbury flags and saying that though the more cow bells, the better cheapers. According to My Day in History book, Napoleon was defeated at Waterloo. Mommy water anyway, get in touch your to talk back us till twelve. You got cows? You got cowbells on your cows.
Speaker 4: Mary.
Speaker 6: No, but I've got a new name for this whole fiesco. It's called cow bell gates.
Speaker 2: Very good. Did you do that yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I just I just thought of it when I was talking to you.
Speaker 2: You sound sound like you come up with it quite quickly at Cowbell Gates CBG. Is it why cowbells are a symbol because of the dairy But they don't have cows with bells in the dairy country?
Speaker 6: Do they know we'll be too annoying on the farms? I think it comes from I think they still use them in Switzerland. I've seen them on mountain biking videos so that when you're riding through the hills you don't run into a cow. They're like sort of like cleaning and clanging everywhere from the hills. It's down of music styles.
Speaker 2: So you must go to get your cows to milk. Then you must listen for the sound.
Speaker 6: Nay, yeah, possibly like if you had a like think instead of an alpine, grassy mountain environment and there's a white house, where are you going to find number six and number sixteen? You know, over on that far north knob and then you go up.
Speaker 2: You listen them. Have you ever been to have you ever been to the rugby with a cow bell?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 6: I'm a I'm a Northern tiny Fas supporter. Oh okay, there we just go blue and you do a big crouch and you yelling to you whatever you're drinking out of and you go blue and it sort of echoes out your vessel around the ground. That's the tiny far version of the cow bell.
Speaker 2: But I thought, okay, I don't know because it's that light blue, isn't it.
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: You're right now, I can remember that now, matey, thank you. Twenty four past eight. Yes, it was a summarine that exploded this year ago, two years today, two years ago today, this day. It was the submarine the titan exploded. That poor kid, that poor child, His dad took him down there with his Rubik's cube. Heartbreaking. The cowbells are so loud, let them bring them like goham deaf as well as demoralized. What if we think about cowbells? There are nothing compared to the fury of the vovoo Zeila. I love the Vovoozela. I'll take cowboys any day. Tony Marcus banned the cowbell. That also been that damnoy in Canterbury Ground announced that bleats out a huge roar off the reef is reviewing an oppotion to play, but hushes up as he against the Crusaders, Marcus. Massive fick up by Crusader's marketing management team shortsighted. Gives the chiefs a huge advantage. And I'm a huge Canterbury van forever. Not a lot of thought got into that decision. Brilliant All go this passion, boy, this passion, looking forward to your call to eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nineteen nine to de text our milk and cow had a cowbell Southern Hawk's Bay around the late nineteen fifties. Godness, where was this other text? Marcus. I lived in Christich for six years. If we got invited to an event where the dress code was smart casual, the local guys would turn up wearing their Crusaders rugby Josey's. I've found it a very large village with more than its fiercehear of idiots. Goodness, Russell, it's Marcus. Welcome, Hi Russell.
Speaker 14: There, Marcus.
Speaker 16: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes me yep right, I'm.
Speaker 2: In Bellkleser, perfect perfect place for you, right.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hey, we have appearance. We had a farm down the Catlins milklessipy odd cows and we didn't have a bill for all the cows. But we hadn't had won. Now I'll give you a ring, I give you a shake. You want to hear it?
Speaker 2: Yeah you're listening, yep, pretty good. Why why did that one cow have the bell?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 14: Well we in the winter time when just active milk won, we just uh out in the patic should just stay in there, milker just through the window.
Speaker 2: Okay, it must be nice to sound, and Switzerland must be. It must be like like wind chimes, but with more bass. I don't think they're coming back anytime, so I think, if anything, the cows these days are going to necklaces. But it's like with no fences, they get a shock when they go close to where a wire could be. It's how Mardy's got his cows. They just rode around up with no fences. That's particularly good. But I mean you can't take that along to a game, can you, Marcus? Are they called cow bells or choker bells? I don't know that crowd announcer at Canterbury do they? Is it sold out yet? Got a good mind to go myself? Actually, I don't know if I'm cann be fuffed with the drive? Eight hours, seven hours, eight hours? Is it this day in twenty twenty three, the experimental Submersiful Titan imploded during a dive to the wreck of the Titanic. Are you ready to go back to Titanic? All five people on board were killed, Stockton Rush, the magnet, and his son. Don't who the other two were, Actually, I haven't watched that thing on Netflix yet, the old Netty. Do I want to watch a documentary on that? No, I'm still actually not even quite sure. I'm going to watch Jewels this weekend? Read second thoughts anyway, Um State of Origins at ten past five past ten and there is some basketball to NBL soul who I'll tell you what the South and have come right?
Speaker 17: Boy?
Speaker 2: That was a good game on Sunday. G that was a good game. Gosh, that was a good game. Flick boy, did we get all into the Franklin team? Wow? There was a fight. The coach ran on jeepers, Adam, it's Marcus.
Speaker 15: Welcome, can you you Marcus?
Speaker 6: Trust you all?
Speaker 15: Well? Yes, thank you, congratulations on your recent achievements.
Speaker 9: I got the.
Speaker 14: Opportunity, thank you.
Speaker 15: A few years ago, I lived and worked in Switzerland and I was on the weekends a free time. I'd do a bit of hiking, and I was an area generally referred to as the Bernese Oberlin and my specific area that I was tramping on this occasion was known as Schmidhmut and I came across as farmer and he had two cows. Now there was also a bit of a part time blacksmith. And what he showed me was that both his cows had goals, but each bell had a certain certain iron content, so that one bell gave a different tone than another bell, and that was how he could distinguish where his cows were during particularly during the winter months, and while they were outside and walking around what had So I thought that was quite interesting and.
Speaker 2: Did he was he just in some value that needed no fencing? Is that the way it worked? You kind of?
Speaker 15: Absolutely? Yeah, it was just in some ye some gully. And he had a little bit of a hole of a accommodation. He built his own home and yeah, he made his own cheese or well him and hear him and her and doors were a bit of a joint efforty, I think, But no, he was totally independent. During the winter months. He was telling me he had a he had a cellar there and he had everything all the provisions that he would he didn't need to go anywhere outside the valley during particularly during the winter months.
Speaker 9: He was just he was totally enclosed.
Speaker 6: It was quite interesting.
Speaker 15: I spent about two or three hours with him, him and his wife and God had a bit of girl yard with him and learned a few things. So that was sort of made my day, made my trip that weekend, I remember.
Speaker 2: And there was no way for the cows to get out because it was mountains on both sides. Would that be the Have I got the lie of the land right?
Speaker 15: Well, they sort of knew that they it would be wouldn't be in the interest to go wandering too far from from because they the area. They were well versed with that area there. They were well familiar with their surroundings. So they had an idea. I mean, they weren't silly that they wouldn't be the as to they wouldn't be in the interest to go wandering off too far because that's you know, that was good. So that was something I learned on that trip, so I were really quite pleased about that. But yeah, they different bells had different lead content. He put a certain amount of lead and let's se how he could distinguish one from another as they were hobbling around the round the meadows and what have you?
Speaker 2: Did you see did you see cows without bells?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 15: Well this is quite a little a few years ago now. But the thing I was stuck in my mind was learning about this part time Blacksmith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice, the two from you, and well that's a good cal Thank you. Twenty three away from nine, looking forward to you. Input. It's all about the bells tonight so far, good evening, Bicky. This is Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 4: Hi Marcus. I stumped in the car and started looking to your conversation, so I thought I'd add a little bit to the cow bells story. I did a trip in twenty nineteen with my mum. We went to Vietnam and we did a bit of a high capins and mountains one day, just as a day trip think, And as we were climbing up, we could hear these bells going off in the distance, and then they arrived sort of towards us.
Speaker 18: It was a group of.
Speaker 4: Ladies and they were walking their goats and they had bells around their neck, so that you know, it was quite steep and there were no fencing and there were some houses dotted on the way down, and how they kept hold of their goats, and we stopped and had a chat. And it took a bit of a while to have a chat to sort of they had limited English, but they were unsats.
Speaker 11: So the goats that we.
Speaker 2: Buy, you know for Christmas. Let let's don't give gifts by a goat.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, So they were doing embroidery sort of stuff at the same time as they were walking. Talking about multitasking. They were walking down the hill doing all their needlework and making you know, things that they sold in the in the markets, and while they were walking their goats and yeah, and so it was really lovely to see, you know, just that culture and that lifestyle that the things that we buy for Christmas for people do. Actually, you know, they were that was their livelihood.
Speaker 18: It was great.
Speaker 2: Did they milk the goats? I guess that's what you do with the goat, is it?
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, that's what they did. Yeah, and they you know, they were their prized possessions because you know, there wasn't a giant herd of them. There was only sort of five or six goats.
Speaker 18: You know, there wasn't a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't think I might remember in Bali that some of the animals had bells as well. We might investigate that a bit more, Becky, thank you, there we go, Oh, Colin Mainsbridge. It's given us a bit of a geography lesson there with all of that eight hundred and eighty to talk about cow bells, tonight? Are there the other stuff? So I just can't work out what tonight? Yes, get in touch by name? Is Marcus welcome? Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty get in touch? You do want to talk? Nine to nine two to text. Staate of origin is in Perth. I don't know if it's been in Perth before. It's a big match. Oh wait toned eighty two nine nine to to text. But yes, it seems to be a misstep from Canterbury. What did Colin Mansbridge get in?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was there, that's right. I can't remember. He was all at the yes and I remember him his some of his headlines from the past. Anyway, it's eighteen to nine. You can email also, by the way, Marcus atnewstalks'db dot co dot nz. Marcus, you mentioned bells before the ad break. I have an old bell my granddad bought in Havar, Croatia has to be sixty years old, original string and all side note. Went fishing today. I got two sibeke rigs with sinkers and a bunch of crabs. Good day, I say, I have to look what a sibekey rig is. I don't know if it's a fish or a type of tackle. It's a type of tackle. Goodness Oha eight one hundred and eighty ten eighty nine two nine two detect there's breaking news, will bring that to you, whatever that may be. If there's something else you want to talk about, feel free to come through. Lotto's gone. I don't know if it's a powerable situation. I never know. They always say the lot of numbers. Wouldn't they tell you' straight away if anyone's wonted or not. Wouldn't that be what we want to hear? Godness, I'm so excited about the rugby now that I so want Canterbury to lose that I'm even thinking of a sweep steak. I just don't know how we can make the sweepstake more interesting. I can't think of anything cowber or related to make it more interesting. So I wanted to pass that one by. Marcus just arrived and tackle poor plenty of snows on the ground. Get up the Crusaders whatever, Andy, Marcus. Welcome Marcus.
Speaker 19: I thought you were a Mainlander. Yeah, yeah, I just do to say, uh about the Crusaders, you're not backing.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's I think it's thin skin and pathetical. They've been the cowbells.
Speaker 19: Well, anything to upset the North Islanders, you do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not about North Island. So it's not North Island South Island, is it?
Speaker 15: Yes, it is?
Speaker 20: Really What about if it was a.
Speaker 2: Blues What about if it was the Blues?
Speaker 19: Well, because the North Island they hate us with a passion, the passion.
Speaker 2: The Blues don't care about you. That's the trouble in Christians. Don't anyone hates them, but people just don't even think about them.
Speaker 19: No, forget about you, No, don't think about the Crusaders. I'm talking about North Island. South Islander say, I mean, if we didn't have the power source down here, they wouldn't be able to live.
Speaker 9: Mates.
Speaker 2: Come on, I think they're all on the solar now, aren't they. There's less and less of that. I think these days. Are you you're talking like cut the.
Speaker 19: Cable absolutely, let them float away.
Speaker 2: I can tell you what worry are you, christ your gendy?
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 2: I saw that more people are moving to the South Island from the North Island, vice versa. There's a huge flow of people.
Speaker 19: Exactly exactly how many thousands of people come from Auckland to I think christ Church was the main place they came to.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to rollestered.
Speaker 19: Well, well yeah, don't go. A cheap little cheap attack and saved coming up, haven't they.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest in the South Island. Yes, exactly, cheapers creepers. I'm not quite sure. I'm not quite sure what I'd like to live in Roliston. It's all a bit sort of Rollistons, isn't it.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, no, so lovely places, rollister. It's only only now with a new motorway. You get out there in fifteen minutes, tell.
Speaker 15: You, yeah, but go head down.
Speaker 12: We're going head down here, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah until them, until the until everyone decides some move there in the motorway gets gridlocked. That will happen soon, wanted.
Speaker 19: No, there won't. There's too many people in the in the north of the Bombay. They won't all come down, but the ones with any brains.
Speaker 3: Will come down.
Speaker 2: Moved ever lived anywhere else?
Speaker 19: Yes, I was born in the mainland of Tay.
Speaker 2: Happy wow railway family, No, but there was a butcher brilliant. Wow, what a train and.
Speaker 19: You know what he wanted to do when he when I could remember what he's saying. The place he wanted to retire was the Bay of Islands.
Speaker 2: She first? Did he get there?
Speaker 19: He did, he did, And every move we made as a family was north to get him to the Bay of Islands. Pie Here he got to.
Speaker 2: You don't hear so much about pie Here anymore? Do you?
Speaker 19: Oh? What a place? What place? Unfortunately I didn't get to live there himself.
Speaker 2: Why do you go back to Canterbury? Well?
Speaker 19: I started moving around New Zealand, met a beautiful Canary girl and married her, being married to her for fifty two years.
Speaker 2: And fifty two years.
Speaker 19: Yes, fifty three years.
Speaker 2: I know you sound about you sound about thirty.
Speaker 19: Five, Thank you very much, seventy one.
Speaker 2: Because you've got a young sounding name too. There would be many seven year old called Andya. I guess there's Prince Andrew. But cheap as creepers. I thought you're a young arengster?
Speaker 19: Thank you very much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Are you retired?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, you gonna match on Saturday.
Speaker 19: In my movie room with my homebrew? Yes, I will be there.
Speaker 2: What's your homebrew? You got a kit? Or just start old school?
Speaker 19: I start old school? Threw it then over bricks with beautiful bourbon chip taste better than the better than the best bourbon? You goodbye?
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's it's bourbon, or bee, it's bourbon you're making?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, you got to still?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Ge what do you drink it with?
Speaker 19: I drink it with lots of ice and a splash of coke zero.
Speaker 2: Wow. So you come a long way from the butcher's son from ti Ha with either your own movie theater and cheapers creepers.
Speaker 19: You did right.
Speaker 2: The wife's run here. You're gonna tell her? Are you talking to? And off you go? Are you dogging? Are you talking? Let's say that? Are you talking to? Where's the privacy? How are you talking to? The old?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know what. Sorry about beer? When you asso said the bourbon chips? Goodness? Guys need to go anywhere? Probably can't drink driving and all that, but to start your home tiny bit of coke zero, plenty of ice, tiny bit of coke zero. Now, how's the mushroom trial going? Not good?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: You want to want to just lock her up? There's gonna be no excuse going to make it sound reasonable anyway. Do you want to know about the breakthrough in the Air India case? Authorities investigating the deadly aer India crash believe the doom flight was using an emergency power generator that promly finding his Waird questions over where the plane's engines were working properly during takeoff? So why would that be happening? They are studying the black boxes and are looking at whether it was overloaded. So there we go. It's more complicated I thought that article, so I'll just probably lead that one there to text. If you do want to come through. My name is Marcus. Welcome hettl twelve six away from nine talking cow bells. I could listen to Andy talk all night. Well, I think he's got the mix right tonight, Marcus. I hope the Crusaders lose to be good at lowest Ring and gave her prediction or Susette, Oh my God, Marcus Summer Southlder. I can't stand the anti North Island rhetoric. Drives me crazy. Yes, drives me crazy too, actually because it sounds remarkably close to paranoia. Marcus. For your proposed sweepsteak, how many yellow cards and how many read there will be cards? For sure? Who's running the whistlers at Gardener? Is there that got used to work for us?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's maybe. I don't know. There was a I heard who the guy was. It was the ref running whistle anyway, if you want to be in touch, welcome six away from nine. It is Gardener. What's his first name? What's his front handle? Your angus? Oh it is an angus? Yea, that's right, was going to be angus is confused. Seems to be a much free much referees name angus. I don't know why that is state of origin from ten. I'll give you updates on that. The Blues well use South Wales are up one nil. It's the best of three, so Queensland really need to win it tonight otherwise the third one becomes a dead rubber. No one wants that. Everyone wants a free match. I don't know what you call it, but they want one of those, So yes, welcome if you're to talk. One name is Marcus head on Midnight Marcus cowbells. They are a throwing weapon, just like glass bottles. What about shoes? Anyone tried melatonin? I've kind of haven't. Really, I've missed the memo on melatonin. I think it's probably studioscience, is it, Marcus? There are still three types of New Zealanders, North Island and South Islands and Aucklanders. It's about twenty years. Does anyone's calling me one of Jeffer? Isn't it? Marcus? Good evening, because I'm so astonished a number of people can recite Pie to one hundred disimble places regain? Who can I think anyone came around as Pie to one hundred?
Speaker 7: Can they?
Speaker 2: Three point one four one f nine This is pie, followed by it's a fulls game learning Pie. There's no joy in that. It's like, not a practical bit of information, is it? You never need the area of the circle that accurately. You wouldn't think three point one for what? What's a funny text that one too? By the way, three point one for one five Marcus. There was a paper, an article in the UK pap your stab an English school teacher with India who changed his air in their flight the following day and forgot to tell his wife back home. She thought he was dead. The most amazing thing the article was that his seat number was eleven A would he have lived if on the flight regards mark? So his wife thought she died. Wow, Cantabrians call North Island people pig Islanders, do they? For goodness sake? Whatever? Next he had a twelve make no apologies for that eight hundred and eighty ten eighty all about the cow bells. Tonight, let's see very long and get that one going for a jeep as creepers. So first, super rugby farm I've been interested in for a long long time because of this righteous being. Marcus.
Speaker 7: Welcome you, Marcus, say you do man, good thanks being.
Speaker 3: Yea, this is interesting, you know with the old. But hey, no, let's start at the top origin on tonight. I'm just trying to stay awakening. I always go to sleep halfway through. I've got three bourbons. I'm doing bourbons. So I've had three bourbons.
Speaker 2: Do bourbon and coke because the coke will pip you up to be carefully.
Speaker 3: Yes, We've got the cocon their full strength, no zero sugar. So I've had three. I still are now to go there.
Speaker 2: I reckon you might have picked too early.
Speaker 3: Well no, no, no, no, I'll go home at eight o'clock. Yeah, no, no. I didn't usually have a beer, Marcus, but the beer kicks in and you know I don't need the maltone and I've got beer.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, that's good point, you said.
Speaker 3: Especially once I had dinner.
Speaker 7: Once I had to feed in the have you have you had your feed?
Speaker 3: I've had a feed, but we had chicken Bergers tonight with a bit of bacon in it.
Speaker 2: The dream chicken burger. You got your bacon, You've got your bourbon and coke. She's an envious light.
Speaker 7: You mind?
Speaker 2: Do you work out? I didn't finish to late. That's a long day.
Speaker 7: Were she was? She was?
Speaker 3: But now that you look, I'm getting ready for the to the Crusaders this weekend. You know, it's funny that the last year and I always said that there was just teething teething issues, teething problems, you know, and here they are in the finals.
Speaker 2: But are you a king Tembor?
Speaker 3: I'm not originally like I should be by birthright the hurricane supporter. But I've lived in here since I was ten years old, so it was nineteen.
Speaker 7: Ninety, so it's thirty five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm yeah. Put it this way. I've got a cruise, I don't any scarf, I don't have a Hurricanes jersey.
Speaker 7: Where would you every time?
Speaker 2: Where would you wear your Crusaders jusy to you were that like to Christmas dinner and.
Speaker 3: Stuff on special occasions? Put it this way.
Speaker 9: I had to.
Speaker 3: I hate to dust the body thing off because last year I didn't want to wear it anyways. But now look these these boys have They're building eating problems, pincers, pincers, and the work is not going to come down here and take it.
Speaker 2: See, I thought, because I thought, because the Crusader's got such a hiding last year, the people have came to we would have anything more in perspective, it would not be so smug about being in the final this time. But there's smugger than they've ever been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit of it's a bit like supporting the worries. You know, you don't want to get your hopes up too high. But there was a few Indy seats last week terrible. I hope, I hope this this this week. You're not going now, I'm going, really, I'm going. I'm going.
Speaker 2: When you get the brute, will you drink the bourbons before you go?
Speaker 3: Listen, I've got a who do you think does the cookie? Who do you think makes these lovely chicken burgers? Marcus with baking on them. I mean, I'm all right on the smoker. I'll be right on the barbecue. But you know, when it comes to putting all the anti bits in theirs the rock in my house.
Speaker 2: So you're making are you making? Who take the hip flask?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then drop me off and picking me up later on. We we haven't gone down there yet, but it's hard. It's a hard case scenario. I'm a bit of a super call of Marcus. So I'm talking about Melton and I'm talking about medic Russia.
Speaker 2: The super cool called themselves a super cool. That's the best thing.
Speaker 3: The super superseded super spread a super cool year.
Speaker 2: You are super cool.
Speaker 7: Have your head below toe.
Speaker 3: When I was a young boy, we did the when I got down here in christ Is because they don't grow up north and back then it was the rave days, you know, and I hope this is nothing. You can't hold anything against me, now, you know, I was a young Coelody, but we used to do the rave thing and the old Eli Steven whatnot. And then we got introduced to the magic mushrooms and they were. Yeah. We used to go around Hagley Park and someone who you know, I was under a bit of a bad influence, showing me where to get these things. And we took these bread bags, you know, the old old bread bags, and tried to fill the things up. But I kept eating the things as we were going, and you know, we were in finding little patches of two or three or four of the things, and they were the gold tops. And by the time we got to the big pictures, when someone struck onto those, I was, you know, I was already off my chops.
Speaker 2: Can you switch? Can you switch to melatonin?
Speaker 3: Well? What what the hell is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know saying it's it's to keep you. It must be something the body producers, but they must make it out. I think it's kind of junk science. But I thought someone might take it themselves to jet leg but you would take it.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't me I've never had to do the old segment. I've never had any trouble with it. When you go to see and I'll wake up early, you know, way before I'm due. But look, I just I just think that maybe in Iran and around the Middle East and in Israel, they need to have a bit of those things, you know, and just just just chill out of it.
Speaker 2: Far reaching cool being for super cool. The Inn wasn't too good trying to prag peace to the Middle East Cheapest. That was like a mushroom conversation. Thirteen past nine. Keep the text. It's all about the cow bells, Marcus. I know quite a few people who made a permanent move to christ Gut when you are storing the North One and Rugby Jowseys on their socials. And apparently Pegasus Bay has been renamed by a few locals to Piggy's Pecketive Jeffers. Wow, it's not a very good name, is it, Piggy's Pecketive Jeffers. I mean, Pegasus was all right until the lake went septic, Marcus. Clear of footage of the air and the Dreamliner shows the aircraft rapidy a turbine had deployed on the right on the side of the aircraft. The rat as it's none, deploys automatically when both engines have failed. It's a propeller tubine that powers the avionics and control service in the events of both engines fighting, allows parts to make emergency landing. I think we have covered that, by the way, but thanking John, the audio of the aircraft allows you to hither two and see the turbine. Given there was no bird, did we found on the runwhere points with double engine failure? Just after the aircraft wrote? By the way, what has rotated me? A lot of people say rotated? That mean when it takes off? It seems a strange word, doesn't it. I've heard that a bit meant to look it up melatonin? Anyone onto that rotation refers to the specific moment during takeoff when the pilot pulls back on the ground control the yoke to lift the aircraft's nose wheel off the ground. Why don't call it takeoff? People love using jargon, eh, rotation? Never heard that melatonin? Well, by the way, the other thing I was going to mention tonight, just in case he wants to mention it milk run. Anyone using milk Russ think some of those people that they talk about having to go in get a taxi to go to the supermarket and all that sort of stuff. I think milk runs a service where you get the basics dropped off and it's quite cheap. It's not a service I've ever used. I think it screams laziness, but that's I'm not in that kind of area. If anyone's tried milk run, let me know about that. I just thought it might be of interest to some people. So there's that also tonight, Milk Run, Melatonin Air India and the cowards banning the cowbells. Jeepess, what's that about? Melatonin is life changing asleep in twenty to thirty minutes, not adut addictive like other sleeping tablets, doesn't make you wake up groggy. Take it after working late at night on the computer. Naturally crowd in the brain, so it's not a chemical substance like Zoppa, clon and other sleep aids. Super Cooler was a lot more than three deep, just saying, no way he's staying awake for the game. No, I reckon, he's cocked. I reckon the White's given him the un Burger to try and calm him down. But he's gone the big Bourbons and he says he always falls asleep. Yeah, I don't think it's looking good for him. I think he's cross addicted. I take melatonin, but I buy mine off Elliot Express. Marcus, I always prescribed militonin in a few years ago. I was very unwell and my step was affected by pain levels. I took one a night, and almost exactly half an hour I had uncontrollable yawning. It's natural and much better than sleeping tablets. Mind you, hemlock's natural. I wouldn't take that, but just saying, Marcus, the extra rotation is rotating about access or seen to an aviation It's relative for the action of the pilot. If you think of the plane on a three sixty degree excess with the plane at one eight degrees, when the runway rotating makes more sense, ready for rotation. Oh yes, it's just not an expression on you. We've learned a lot through this crash, Peter, Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm bringing here on the mighty cheese cutting to Marcus.
Speaker 2: God, thank you for calling. I appreciate your input.
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 17: They're not scaring us. The CEO has lost the plot becase crusade. The CEO gon down.
Speaker 2: That's a career end for him. If the thy lose, he walks the plank. That's terrible.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well they'll get pleaded anyway. We've all put it down our phones.
Speaker 2: Who's going down?
Speaker 17: I'm in a group of ten, yep, and we've all put it. We've all bought the cow bell on there on our our phones.
Speaker 2: Is it real loud?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 17: When they allgether, they will be.
Speaker 2: It's like an app. You just shake it. Ah, yeah, good, you're good on you will the will the chiefs do it?
Speaker 17: Yep, because they're scared. They haven't beat us all the season.
Speaker 3: We've knocked them over, you know, just the same.
Speaker 7: Have you played them?
Speaker 2: Have you played them once or twice.
Speaker 17: Twice this year?
Speaker 7: Down?
Speaker 17: Mad up here?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, so yeah, okay, So you're going and you're going and strong.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but we're we let one slip a fortnight ago.
Speaker 2: Have you found accommodation? Have you got accommodation there?
Speaker 17: Peter?
Speaker 2: Was that easy?
Speaker 17: But no, that was a little bit hard.
Speaker 2: Where did you find we're going to stay?
Speaker 17: We're at in a motel? Good about two and a half three k's away from the ground. It's not bad, no, you know, but they tell me they tried to limit the number of seats that were sold to the White Kadow terrible. How do they until the Rugby Union stepped in?
Speaker 2: Will you we? Will you we? Why can a jersey?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I've got a cheese jersey I bought to you twelve months ago.
Speaker 2: And and what sort of what sort of thing?
Speaker 7: Peter?
Speaker 2: What sort of things? Will you scream out?
Speaker 17: I don't just get a yell abuse, It'll be time, it will be clean abuse. Yeah, because I just I just think he's he knows they're in.
Speaker 2: Trouble, running scared Peter. Nice to hear from. You got three Peter's in her row? What are the chances it's a triple play, Peter, triple play Peter's Marcus welcome, Yes.
Speaker 9: Good evening, burger. I'd just like to talk about cow bells big from Taranaki, the cows that are around the mountain here, the cave lead and the old days used to wear bells. Now with rugby. We whenever we played White Katto, they were the Mulu and Taranaki was the the bull. And cow bells you would hear nothing else when the moony crowd would come down here. And during the Shield era and even just alled Green PC games, they bought their cow bells and they bought their colors and everything else, and Rugby was always the winner on the day.
Speaker 2: What would the what would the what would the Taraniki peop? Would they bring a bull bell or was it not such a thing?
Speaker 9: No, they were the square cow bells. They were made out of tin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what when what was what was the the Taranniki team's kind of thing that they would hit?
Speaker 9: Well, they just shake the bell that have.
Speaker 2: Bells as well. That's gone trying to ascertain. So both teams would have bells, yes, okay.
Speaker 9: Yes, team bells. And with the Shield Era they used to White Shadow supporters do travel in good numbers and support their team. They always have done, and we used to get them in the supporters club and they were a good bunch to have around, you know. And as I said before, rugby's the winner. It's unfortunate that color Maybridge has stated what he did say and it has put a damper on one thing, yes, one thing it has done. It's taken the good will out of what was supposed to be a great Grand Final, and I find this disturbing because, as you know, grand finals where all the supporters like to show their colors along with their enthusiasm. Unfortunately, Canary Rugby's going to cop this and it's going to have to deal with it, which it makes it even more more of a shame with the with the NPC just round the corner.
Speaker 12: So yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Hope that there will be a resolution from the Cademy Rugby Union in time to make sure that we are witnessing a spectacle and not not just abuse between supporters.
Speaker 2: What's the supporters club you talk about? We had met up with the way Kato's team.
Speaker 9: The Taranaki Rugby Supporters Club, but we haven't got one now because the Rugby Union didn't make any provision for us. With a new stadium and the new you think, wow, it's difficult, it's tyfficult.
Speaker 2: It's your stadiums had done? Is it wasn't an earthquake wrecked or something? What happened to it?
Speaker 9: Yes? Yes, been a lot of money. Marcus. It's now magnificent ground.
Speaker 2: Oh they've got have they got it right now?
Speaker 9: Yes, it's all right. It's up and running that the Shield game was played the other night last week, Taraniki Club rugby players basically selected to play Kid Country and we won it quite comfortably. I didn't go to the game, but and I couldn't listen because it's not broadcast on sports radio.
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on? What's happened with sports radio? That's a travesty.
Speaker 9: It is a travesty. Yeah, because it wasn't televised either. Backer So yeah, well a lot of people, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people won't know that Taranakis still got the shield.
Speaker 9: No, no, they won't.
Speaker 12: Let's dead right.
Speaker 2: That should be that should every Shield match should be free to wear on the TV. Winston should have sort of that years ago.
Speaker 9: Well you think so, wouldn't you?
Speaker 2: Well, God, I mean, cheap Is even blind Bully would know that that's something you need to do. Cheap Is. I've got to go petef. I get angry. Why didn't we watch that match? Was exciting when there was some drama on the shield. Cheap Now, no one even knows who's got it, basically just club players this time. Brilliant King Country, come down, greetings are welcome. Here'll twelve. You got to be a part of it. We'll have a triple play Pete three peats, Pete repeat three peat. So why it works tonight ify one's called Pete. Keep your texts coming, Bang those through like there's no tomorrow, because they mightn't be. Nine two nine two. Oh there's the big Red Hawseborough. He's come to play for Queensland. Put a bit of spark in the spine. Good evening, bitter next Southender. I support d MAC but still support the South Island. Enjoy watching sport the last month, great watching netball, local rugby golf No a young north Candary lad five games, four tries and setting up tries Division two, Division one or after him unless he's earthy lad and hunting calls. Marc has just got in the car driving home, so just catch the start of your calls about melatonin. I'm a sleepwalker and a sleep talker, which comes with night terrans and anger as well. Every night I hate going to sleep because I know it's going to be restless and angry. Have any of your cause ever experience that I wondered to Meladonia help with that, don't ever know no where to get it, but I'm looking into it. If it works night Terrors cheapers, Marcus, I've been taking melantonin on and off for about two years. I buy a much bigger quantity way cheap off eBay. Oh, it's not there on eBay anyway. We don't need to get it, like get on, Timu, what tamu melatonin to be like brilliant? Pete up?
Speaker 7: Take going there, Marcus, good, pete up.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you're just regarding the cow bells. I was in Switzerland there. Oh, it's going about thirty eight years ago. When I was over there. It's actually quite nice having the bells around there around their neck. You can hear them because a lot of those places in Switzerland and they have those home stays, they make all the butter and everything there and they have a few cows so they can make their butter for the guests that stay up there. It's actually quite nice. You can hear them in the field and you walk. I was and loose so and that's where I got my army Swiss knife from there, and you can actually hear them, and they hear them in the hills and it is actually it was quite Oh that's what.
Speaker 2: We need to do now with the price of butter. We also own cow with a bell on. It wouldn't sound nice. You'd make your own butter.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but I think they didn't have a lot of fences. I think they had they only a little small little we are not big acreages. I don't think they only had a little small area where they want. They just producing enough for themselves. And then they sort of knew where the cow was, so I think they did it for that reason as well. So they knew who the cow was when they were hit, the go and find them or call out, and they knew. They're so friendly the animals over there. But yeah, but that that sounds quite nice.
Speaker 2: So Peter, Peter the question everyone's wondering, right, Yeah, thirty years lady, you've still got your Swiss army knife.
Speaker 18: I still do have you haven't put me name on it.
Speaker 2: You still got the toothpick.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I've got the whole lot of here. I looked after a tweet like a golden like a gold of butter. You got the tweezers, You've got the whole lot of you can get with everything.
Speaker 2: I love those ones, that big wide one with the magnifying glass and the scissors and the tweezers and the talk me through, talk me through it, you gotta. I had one of those, but lost and loved it.
Speaker 18: And I can't get it. I got it on my bedroom in the air.
Speaker 2: I'd love to talk us through the different functions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 12: Well, I just didn't lie.
Speaker 2: He's head. If he's lost a day, I can't find it. Put him into a panic. There is smoke a lamb beeping. I think I heard that. I hope it's not dead. You here your smoke alarm beep dead?
Speaker 18: Ah, just like the industrial definitcy of Marcus.
Speaker 2: You might need to change a bit. You might need to change your batteries on your smoke alarm paint.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's not doing that. It starts going off, or do something about it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not too bad. They want they wanted to take the fire off the battery. Okay, anyway, you tell us what you got, tell us, you tell us your different things in your miss an army knife.
Speaker 18: Got everything, and it's got a magnifying glass on it. It's got a h it's got a bottle eight rods, got a uh you know, it's got heaps in the mark. It's gonna phillips phillips, stoody uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, screwdriver. It's got these things that change around? Is it that comes out in a narrow one goes in there?
Speaker 18: Yeah, And it's got a pair of claws on it.
Speaker 13: Got a sore, got a it's got a saw, got scissors, got the.
Speaker 18: Got a pair of what you don't cut myselfie. There's got a whole lot of got about three about three or four different size knives, you know, the longer blade, just push everything.
Speaker 2: It's got a leather thing too. You can sell leather at all, hasn't it.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and it's got the little we uh here you go. You have a bottle of wine. You got the screwed in.
Speaker 2: Mind. You wouldn't get any You don't get many wine like that anymore, do Yeah, it's all screw toping it. Yeah.
Speaker 18: And it's got a way else. It's got about yeah, so backically it's it's the best one you can get. It's got everything. Yeah, it's got the tooth picked up, the old little we a little we eve even got a I think it's even got a it's got a pin on it.
Speaker 7: Little it's got a pin.
Speaker 2: Ye you haven't lost that either.
Speaker 18: No, there is still this like but a sight brand new got me, got me name on it, so I got that he had a choice on it, so I put my name on the end z on as well. So yeah, pretty much I came to live it the leather case as well. That's what it's going to live. Liver case. It's gonna yeah, sharpening stone, there another pen. It's quote, it's got a compass.
Speaker 2: The trouble with nine to eleven, though, is you can't take them on a plane anymore, can you. You got to actually take him in your in your baggage.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well that's right. They go back about the old about the cowbells and that. I just noticed there seems to be a little bit of a in the culture of rugby. Same thing with Mark Robinson. Member how he treated Ian Foster.
Speaker 7: Yeah, terrible, right, that was bad how he handled that.
Speaker 18: Now he got this situation with the CEO, this Colin Man's bridge. What he's doing, he's like a sport little brand is it seemed to be a culture in the rugby. I just know I'm putting all these things together. So they don't get their own way, they turn into like little kids are like bullies. Yeah, that's sports.
Speaker 2: You don't a game that way. Peter, thank you. I have a severe as somniar issue. I'm on two three milligram. It's been a tiny in ten it's a beat time. Still needs upper clone to get off to sleep, but melatonin helps. I went to Colorado last year, walked into Walmart and brought straight off the shelf that was loaded with melotone and a bottle for five dollars. Slept for nine hours on end us in on the way home. Brilliant. I've been prescribed Melantona twice to help me sleep, but for me it was JUSSS didn't work regards k been getting it for years now. No issues arrived in five days. Marcus made the best team win. I am a chief supporter, but I hope there's no backclash. When it comes to the NPC rugby, they wonder why numbers are down. You would think the southern town would tea, would welcome visitors. Oh, no, breaking news. KFC Tata two has just run out of all chicken. Wow, what's going on there? Who could you blame? That's just a basic that's just basic logistics. How could KFC and a chicken for goodness sake? Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty of other options now, wouldn't there It's gott a Lincoln Road. There's everything there. Eighteen to ten, melatonin and cowbells. That's the topics. They are the topics for tonight. You want to mention something around that good? There's something different you want to mention God, it's all on eight hundred and eighty eight nine text. If you got something else, we're there for your people. It'd be nice to hear from you anythink happens around the word to let you know what that is. I'm all there for that. I do wonder really if the cowbell is an authentic symbol for the white cat oe. But there we go. I guess it's the only thing caralated that makes a good noise. Which team has the duck caller? That's a good thing to take along, isn't it? Just thinking what people were taking those there for a while jumping hadle twelve Oh wait, hundred eighty ten eighty and nineteen nine two to text if you want to be a part of it, bar bla barh blah bah Todd, it's Marcus.
Speaker 22: Welcome, Thanks Marcus the cow bells. I'm a Blue supporter, Big Time will always be Blue supporter, but absolutely.
Speaker 9: Very very short sighted Tantabrian. They just why are they like this?
Speaker 16: Why can't they see Tomas?
Speaker 22: Why can't they relax a little bit and just get with the rhythm, get with the ambiance?
Speaker 2: Todd. I think they lack perspective. They take it too seriously. We all enjoy rugby, well, we don't take it like it's the most defining important thing in our life, which they do.
Speaker 22: Now what no cow bells because somebody doesn't want to have a bit of fun. It's just it's just weird in this day and age where it's all about crowd engagement, atmosphere, let let friendly banter.
Speaker 9: Rivalry, just this sort of attitudes like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, well, look how exciting it was for Auckland f C. With all the teams getting behind it. Did you go to any What did they take a lot? What did they take along? They took long stuff?
Speaker 7: Did they?
Speaker 8: I was I went to a game at the Aukan Grad Mkings game in the weekend and the boys from both colleges were allowed forty four gallon drums and softball bats and banged the bang the.
Speaker 22: Bath houses out of them, you know, create but of atmosphere.
Speaker 13: And what these boys in three years four.
Speaker 22: Years time can't go down to a stadium with some cow bells, you know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Anyway, that's me nice, nice, nice.
Speaker 23: Hearing you Brian, Yeah, you know, Marcus tonight. Brian, thank you, good, good, just for bonding to your query about the rotation call when they're taking off from the airliners.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Thanks, yep, a couple of replies You've had a sort of sort of almost correct, but need a little clarification ii FI small light aircraft, junior aviation, small stuff. I'm not an airline captain but the pilot by any means, but as I understand it.
Speaker 9: The co parler.
Speaker 23: There are a couple of reporting points really V one and rotate the two separate calls. The first one, V one is the speed where the aircraft is accelerated down the runway sufficiently quickly enough fast enough to attain flying speed.
Speaker 17: Yep.
Speaker 23: So let's say that's one hundred and forty knots or something like that. That's the speed of which aircraft can safely launch itself into the air. Yes, okay, So now the parliament command usually referred to as the captain if he's happy with everything. If he's heard the V one call, he knows that he can launch aircraft, pull back on the stick, and get the aircraft into the air and everything shall be fine. But he will wait until the co pilot calls rotate. He see there's a pause between the V one call and de rotate call. That's the decision point where the captain has to consider, Okay, I can get this aircraft safety into the air and proceed with the climb. Or heck, there's something wrong. I'm not happy with the toe called roll. Maybe the engine power hasn't been attained on the engines, you know, to speak, there's something wrong, hydraulic pressures are down. All sorts of things could happen in that small time. If he's not happy, he won't rotate, which means that he can stop the aircraft and can break it in the remaining runway lengths that's left. Okay, You see the difference, Yep, once you're rotated. If he decides it's all okay and he does rotate by pulling back on the stick, that's a that's a critical decision. It's one that he cannot go back from. Once you've lifted off. You can't land back on the remaining runway it's left.
Speaker 20: See.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it's simple, it's really simple, quite simple, just a decision.
Speaker 2: How long how long is there between V one and takeoff and rotation normally?
Speaker 23: Oh well, look, I'm not a I'm not aunt a jed a line captain. It would just be a matter of five or six seconds, maybe hooding down the runway quite fast by that stage.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear, Brian, thank you. If someone says, Marcus, people buying melantonin online aren't always getting what they think amount wise, if it says two megs, not that fully of a bottle with a hundred tabs, it won't be one hundred and two megs. They can be up and down of that amount as supposed to prescribe him out from chemists. So there we go. There might be sketchy, Marcus. I brought me a time from a pharmasy thirty years ago for several years, and suddenly Farmak decided had to be prescription. Have now been back from overseas two forty three megs for fifty two bucks. I didn't get scripts from any hears to regards Diane Marcus, this caller has V one and VR backwards. V one is decision speed out for this point in the aircraft is going too fast for takeoff. VR is the speed which the aircraft can pitch up the nose and take off. V two is a minimum safe speed climb out. Marcus disappointed but not surprised it can to be Rugby's banned cow bells at the Super Rugby Final. As someone who's just moved back to the North ard living in christ Church for five years, it just reinforces how unwelcoming christ Church can be towards Waikato and other North Islanders. Cow Bells are a proud part of our Rugby identity. Science them shows a lack of respect and open mindedness. Rugby should bring fans together, not push them away. Good evening, Ken, It's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 12: I like to kill you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, thank you.
Speaker 21: Just a little bit more explanation on that previous caller is talking about the V one and rotate calls on the aircraft. Yes, the V one is the decision speed for either being able to or stop on the runway. It's a go no go call, So any malfunction before V one aircraft for not one way to stop after the one commits by, and the aircraft will fly then and the rotate.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what's the call when you ever got enough run what's the call when you ever got enough runway left?
Speaker 9: Well, it's rotate.
Speaker 21: The V one is the go no go speed. You can't stop after you've hit V one.
Speaker 7: You have to fly, okay, but.
Speaker 21: The aircraft not fly until it reaches the rotate. And when you're talking about the time between them time differences, maybe you called me one and then rotate only a few seconds.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that, Ken, Thank you, Darren, It's Marcus.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 16: Even Marcus thought I'd put my ten cents in on melatonin. Yes, I'd take a sixty milligram tablet pretty much every night and have done for the last nearly two years. Yes, and I take it because having to say, I had cancer, which was stage four cancer, and I've been through a lot of surgery through that journey, and I researched early on many things that melotonin was one of the things I came across. And if we even just talk about my experience with taking it when I had surgery and I had had a lot of surgery, and when I took the malatonin on major sur where I was under with her with a general. I would get out of the hospital within two days instead of the seven to fourteen days that they said I'd be in there, and the anecthotus would had a conversation with me because he was like, well, we're not used to letting people go so early. What are you doing? And when I said, I chose my words quite carefully because you have to. And I said, well, I take another tone and it's one of the things. And he said, oh, how much do you take? And I said, oh, well I take sixty milligrams and he was blowing away. He asked me, well, how do you do that with are the side effects? And I said, well, no side effects and I haven't had to have any of your heavy medicines to protect me from pain. And I'm walking out. I'm ready to leave him too, you know, after day two of having say, major liver surgery, and honestly he was scratching his head. I've never had any side effects from it. And it just blew me away today when they said that you can now get it across the counter, because of course, I just I just got to mate who lives in America just to send it to me directly, and it ends up every single time.
Speaker 2: So it's going to make things such easier for you, I suppose. But it's not been a great hassle anyway, has it.
Speaker 16: Oh, not a hassle at all. I'm combs up across it. It's it's in my mind, better than vitamin C or D. It's certainly made a difference to me, and after the many operations, I haven't had to be constimpated with all the anesthetics wearing off me because I have the painkillers. And I think it's quite a nun thing. When you look on the internet, it's everywhere like it's only thumbs up, especially when you go and get scans. If you if you had a bunch of melotone in the night before you recover from the scan, the MRI or the CT A lot a lot easier.
Speaker 2: Really interesting, Darren. I appreciate you coming through. Thank you for that. Hang on, callers, if you want to talk, we'll talk to you after the news. The number is eight hundred and eighty ten. We are talking melatonin. Not something I've ever to discussed before, but there's some fairly strong referra. What's the word I'm looking for testans to testimony as to how good that has been for sleeping for all sorts of other things as well. It's not something I've ever looked into a research, but yeah, you might want to comment on that.
Speaker 5: I'm going loon wire one well with two posts and with a crossbar.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's the one that's.
Speaker 2: The old West Coast classic in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is, it is.
Speaker 2: It is got one of those myself.
Speaker 7: Jake.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you. Thank you, ten ten. If you want to talk, my name is Marcus Welcome. Eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine Text Raymond, It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 7: Hey, go good Raymond.
Speaker 24: That's the story. I've just got another little story about melon pone and sort of on the flip side of most ord. I heard this evening, as you know, a should pointed out as a chemical produced by the brain, and it's attributed to some forms of depression or the lack of it. I should say so about fifteen years ago, I had a series of family issues and gotten a bit of a down of a black dog and went to the doctor and he Brisca dried me a tablet that had milatonin in it. So after he said, keep taking it for two weeks, it'll take a while to work. So I took it in. After two days, I was speeding off mitits absolute absolutely gone thousand miles an hour. It's like being on a drug, you know, on a high. It was really nice. But I knew it was too good to be true and it could last. Something was going to burn out sooner or later. So I went back to the doctor two weeks later and I said, mate, I can't handle this. He said to me, He said, I think you've got what's called serotonin syndrome, which is when your body's producing up or even a little bit too much and are being prescribed more. And it sent me over the edges, like being like being on speed. Yeah, so that's just something for people to keep in mind if they have a bit of a dodgy reaction to it.
Speaker 2: I would wonder why there it can't be when you can bite of the care not prescribed. If people can react to it like that, Yeah.
Speaker 24: It's actually a syndrome. It's obviously been I doubt whether I'm obviously wasn't the first person to come across the situation. So that's all I had to say.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I appreciate you coming through Raymond. I'm kind of curious to know when melatonin's become so sort of talk to that it's become part of act policy and now they've made it sort of you know, something that you can buy with the counter if you've got the experience with it, let us know. The number is eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two to text. We are talking malatonin and also the cowbells. A state of origin has started in Perth. Unfortunately it's free free wit, which I think if I was expecting extremely dry day at Perth. But great crowd there. It's a good stadium. Oh it's not a sellout. I'm looking at some empty seats, but there's a good crowd there. I will keep you updated on schools with this also too, So get in touch if your talk with's something else you want to talk about too. Nine to nine to a text or eight hundred eighty ten eighty looking forward to want to say Marcus till midnight to say as I say, Oh, eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two to text. Yeah, Mainly it's your experiences with malatonin. I thought it was money to help you sleep if you were jet lagged working shifts. The Blues have gone ahead in state of origin the Penrith three or the formerly Penrith three, Nathan Clary, Jerome Lewy and Brian Fall. They combined beautifully to score on the left flank. So they've touched down. So it's wet, there's dropping the ball a bit there. It's not great conditions for rugby. But yeah, it's only gone about six seven, eight nine minutes, so the Blues are in the lead there. But looking forward to your calls people eighteen plus, I want to talk about melatonin, although I do say there probably needs to be some sort of caution with the discussion because I think, yeah, I think it's one of those things that's quite hyped up now, but I think probably people's reactions and how they enjoy it will vary. But yes, if you want to talk about that in your experiences with melotonia, particularly with sleep, I think I'd be interested to hear that, Marcus, nocturnal melatonin from darkness is the best you can get. I did a lot of healing research into the healing benefits of natural melatonin, and then substantially reduced light at night for myself to allow melantonin levels to build naturally, and wow, what a difference. Less light at night balances hormones, brings calm, can improve symptoms of chroduct fatiguing concussion. I've found cheer reduice contains natural melatonin, and even Orchard's brand not from concentrat in my opinions, but in the lamb made temblats which I've tried, lights off at night, switched me back on for daytime. Chairs There we go, melatonin. It's all these seems to be the obsession with sleep and circadian rhythms and melotonin now it seems to be the big deal, doesn't it? And sleep apps. It's like anything, you get too obsessed with it, though, I think, good evening, Maggie, it's Marcus. Welcome thanks for calling.
Speaker 25: Oh welcome me, Thank you, Sorry, I'm miles away. Sounds good. I do take malatonin each night. I get a prescription from the doctor. But years ago I used to buy it. I worked overseas and I did a lot of air travel and it was the most amazing thing for getting your equilibrium landing from London to la and things like that. I did you know those flights and I found it incredible. I never ever had jet lag at all with it. But I'm achy three now and I just find that I need half a tablet at night and I sleep through for about seven hours. So I prefer to have something like that rather than one of these other drugs that give you, you know, it sort of make you loopy the next day.
Speaker 2: So sleeping pills do that do that? They make you feel quite sort about it?
Speaker 25: Yeah, okay, and a trip to lane and all those things. You know, I've tried one, and if I have any reaction, then I just take the prescription, take the pills back to the chemist, because I mean it's just another drug. So yeah, but I find malatona amazing.
Speaker 2: So maybe what's it like if you don't try it?
Speaker 25: Well, I don't see, Okay, it's almost it's not psychological, honestly, I just.
Speaker 2: I just would worry about people dependence on something like that too, So I know.
Speaker 25: Well, yeah, I don't think I have a dependency on it, because if I don't have it, I've only started taking it a while ago. Again, so I don't take it literally all the time. I get one prescription and that's three repeat. Well, yes, that prescription to repeat, and I only have half at night. It's not as I'm having a full tablet. So yeah, but if I don't have it, and if I forget to have it, of course I take to celebrate something else for my joints. Yes, and if I forget to take the other I wake up during the night. I have very you know, sort of three three hour shifts of sleeping and things. So yeah, the male Oftonian works for me. It might not work for everyone, but it works for me.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a lot easier to get hold. You want need a prescription now, I just get any old time.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: That seems to be the thing. It's just over there.
Speaker 25: I know that that was the beauty. I could get it in America and Australia over the counter, and it's only just coming now. And I mean this is thirty years ago when I was working overseas, so you know it takes a while, but never my fifteen now.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you. Thank you so much, Megan for generous Helen. It's Marcus. Good evening.
Speaker 26: Yeah, hi Marcus, and my first time cooler.
Speaker 2: Thanks for making that for Helen.
Speaker 26: I've just stard to tell you about black cherries. So I have trouble in summer, you know, and the cherries are ripe cherries, I sleep like a bomb, brilliant, so peg out on cherries and I sleep.
Speaker 2: Because they've got melatonin.
Speaker 26: Yeah, because they're full of malatonin. In fact, I buy them when they're cheap and I freeze them and I have you know, four or five cherries and I sleep well.
Speaker 2: Heard of that.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it works for me.
Speaker 2: And have you ever gone to the other melantonin the prescriptions?
Speaker 26: Don't I've never taken a prescription. No, I don't know that. In summer, when the cherries are ripe, I do well with my sleep.
Speaker 2: Why cherries produce.
Speaker 26: Melatonin, it's that's why they've got black skins. Yeah, okay, thank you, see you later.
Speaker 2: Defu Helen, thanks so much for that. Seems to be a much better performance from Queensland at the state of origin. It's now six all. The hammer has scored right on the wing too, so six all those both conversions have been successful for every wet at Brisbane at Perth. But yeah, just about seventeen minutes gone in the match too, so it's six all. But seems to be a much more robust looking Queensland's side a bit more spine than last time. And yeah it's been fitty even I would say, bet a couple of drop balls. Even old Crichton dropped the ball to which is not like him. Look very disappointed with himself, Stephen. Quite enough talking about but that's the situation there. Anyway, I get in touch. I used to get melotone on script for my daughter forty five dollars for thirty tablets plus dop fee. Now I buy from Amazon two fifty tablets for around twenty five dollars that include shipping. Marcus, I'm tuning in mid show, which is dangerous. But Farmers sell a mushroom based sleeppowder that will put you to sleep fast the reality TV everyone I recommend it to agrees. Farmers you mean farmers like farmers. Farmers don't know where they'd sell stuff like that. I always thought Farmers was more sort of cushions and couches, but we are talking melatonin and also cowbells with the Canterbury banning of that, if you want to mention that. Eight hundred eighty ten eighty, So yeah, get in touch. My name is Marcus. Welcome, as I say eight hundred eighty thirty and nineteen nine two DE text. If you got anything else you want to talk about jumping, I'm here for it. People, Yes, yes, yes, yes, as far as international news go, I'm not seeing. Oh, Farmers Markets, that's it, that's it. I see what you're saying. Yes, important to bring that up. Farmers Market sells a mushroom based sleeppowder. I don't know what mushroom that would be, not the one Aaron Patterson's using. Obviously, goodness me whine that trial up. Well, they cheap as creepers as poor kids are. Malatonin and cow bells. It's kind of what we're on about. Get in touch eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine two de text. Looks like queens and have just scored again. Looks like the hammer's gone over. I think it's the hammer fed the situation there too, so ten six queens and leading the hammer scored both. It was a kicker high kick which he grabbed right on the trailine and put that down.
Speaker 7: Dead.
Speaker 2: And I think with the kick and in the eleaped, grabbed, fell down, got it, that's a situation there. So certainly there might be a decider with Game three Queensland playing very very well twenty nine to eleven. Oh, I see, No, it wasn't Farmers Market. That was someone else that texted Farmers Market. No, I really do mean Farmers Like the shop at the mall, it's called Junior Beauty Sleep adept Genic Superpowder. It sounds like a beauty product, but it will knock you out. Like Mike Tyson, got a good turn of phrase. They've got rid of the census. I reckon they'll bring that back. I reckon they're gonna get rid of that. They're going to find out they need the information. That's my take on that one. And the Lord of the Rings The Hunt for Gollum will be filmed and you did and start the next couple of months. I'm quite sure where they going to film that twenty twenty seven release. The Hunt for Gollum will in to cinemas in two years. Andy Serkis will direct the movie and star in it. I don't know if it's based on I of Tolking's works. Shooting at mid part of next year a size of or production. They say it's the first live action Lord of the Ring film that isn't directed by Sir Peter Jackson. I just don't know where it fits them with the books. Poised is one of the most expensive future films to be shot in New Zealand. Oh there's talk about tariffs as well, so I don't know the situation there anyway, I didn't know that that passed me by. That was good information. So there is a new Lord of the Rings movie coming out, which will be the fourth in the Hobbit ones as well too. So by the way, Queensland have scored again, so they really are doing very very well, fairly straightforward try too, just running through a gap. And that try has been confirmed. I think it was the captain might have got it as well, don't quite don't reconnize. They can't thing much shaved off as mustache, so that's a situation there. We are talking Melontone and the number is eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine to nine, two to text, fourteen to eleven. Yeah it was Kevin Munster. He's shaved his mustache. Don't know, I look too much like the other guy. Good evening, Kennet's Marcus. Welcome, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 11: I'm just listening to you while I'm driving about Maltonin. I do a little bit of part time works and hospitality, which means I get in quite late nights, slight as late as two or three am, so that's normally and by a mults by at home. So an hour or so of Netflix. You know, you can't get straight out of the can't go straight to bed. So I calm down for an hour and then I go to bed. But my body clot wakes up about eight and nine o'clock the next morning, when really I want to keep sleeping on till about midday or one pm. Even So, my daughter recommended Maltonan and she had some which she gets she was getting online from America from the usday. So she gave me a few and I took them, and they on those late nights, and they do definitely give you a nice sleep, a good sleep. But I was waking up roggie and disorientated, and it took like an hour to sort of snap out of her sort my sort of sleep stays to get awake, and I was a little bit sort of.
Speaker 13: It felt a bit weird.
Speaker 11: Anyway, I mentioned that to her. I said, see, they really knocked me out. And she did a bit of research because she's that way incline, and it turns out because I'm on an anti antidepressant. Then then la faccine it's not that compatible with maltonin, and in fact it says it's only a short sentence of quota. Using then lavaccine together with melontonin may Meltona may increase side effects such as dizziness, browsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairments and thinking judgment and motor coordination. Well, I'm not elderly, but I am older. I'm overster sied. So once I once she told me that, I stopped stopped using it. So the reasons for the call is just a put.
Speaker 19: It out there that if you are.
Speaker 11: Ryan answer depressants or any medicine at all, you need to check the compatibility because Miltonian can be quite strong.
Speaker 2: I can't work out why they've just made it over the counter. I can't work out why they've done that, But there must be I mean, I guess they must process everything like that. But if it can cause side effects with other drugs, you it'll be a room for caution. But yeah, so I didn't work for you in the end day.
Speaker 11: Well, it did in terms of it gave me a great sleep, but it just sort of achieved the objective because you know, I was if I was going to bed even at three or four am, I was still getting a good eight or nine hours.
Speaker 3: So it did the job.
Speaker 7: But like I say, I was.
Speaker 11: Sort of, you know, I was just a sort of bogging the next day, and so it's yeah, I sort of used it sparingly, but I wouldn't use it. I probably wouldn't use it if I was going to work that next day, even at night, because it's just sort of I just didn't feel one hundred percent sharp. But I mean it's generally known that whenever you take anything, whether even so called alternative medicine supplements and stuff, that you always check compatibility and something you're on by description.
Speaker 2: What sort of hospitality work are you doing?
Speaker 18: I work in.
Speaker 11: Sort of entertained than I guess you could.
Speaker 2: Say no, but cady about that. They don't you Kim your performer?
Speaker 7: Say again zone are you performer?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: I host? I host some music nights and things like that.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, Okay, I'm nice to hear from you, kid. I appreciate your genesis of your information as well. There we go. It's all about miltonin and cow bells tonight. My name is Marcus. Welcome State of origin, Queensland twenty New South Wales six. I think it's going to be an extraordinary second half because they're up for it. New South Wales. Here we go, there's Cleary going over now, run on the post, that'll make it twenty twelve and he's done. Well. Good evening, Brian, it's Marcus.
Speaker 27: Okay, Marcus, how are you buck good?
Speaker 4: Brian?
Speaker 27: I these care bells, there's nothing wrong with a bloody calls, nothing nothing.
Speaker 2: They're gutless, the Cantabrians gutless.
Speaker 27: It's just absolutely stupid. The guy from the Crusaders was the ext his shoes as not his shoe size Mainbridge.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know why he's done it, but it doesn't make him look bold or brave or confident.
Speaker 27: All those plastic swords we used to have, they were more dangerston and share than the study care bells.
Speaker 2: I don't think the cow has it ever been injured by a cow bell? I don't think so.
Speaker 27: I don't think so. There's probably more injuries with the plagues than with the care bells or with a drink.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, well I need Dicky's drink.
Speaker 2: Isn't that well, well, people drinking and then fighting, but anyway, yeah, okay.
Speaker 27: But no, the flags do more damage to the care bells.
Speaker 2: Would are you a are you a candbre supporter?
Speaker 27: Oh? Differently a Canneby support on as one orders one order as well.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we didn't say that.
Speaker 27: Yeah, but no, it's just absolutely stupid.
Speaker 2: Will you go to the Mets.
Speaker 27: I'd like to go to the Mexico and get a ticket, but they're sold out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good thing, but.
Speaker 27: Yeah, no, it's just absolutely crazy. I've hed a lot of people going to be staying away from the Mets because of it.
Speaker 2: We'll have to tell out. That won't matter, well, because I can tell your tickets to someone else.
Speaker 27: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Nice to talk. Thank you. By the way, Cleary's try was just allowed. I don't know why our obstruction. That seems to be the case. Seven Away from eleven. My name is Marcus head On Midnight Tracy, Marcus, good evening, hullo, how are you doing good? Tracy? Thank you, John?
Speaker 20: And look I'm in contemporary and I'm a Crusader supporter. I just want to ask one question. Has any one of these people that are trodding your queens, including yourself, is it being a bad sportsmanship thing. Have you ever sat in that dumerable stadium we've got where all the seats are squashed so close to again that even people raising their flags and jumping up and cheering, you're getting best from all sides. The stadium is shit. It's done itssel of oversea years that seriously, like I know's hey, I'll have the problems for the cowbolls, but hey, here's caught all those people in one section where they're all just fashing each other where everyone else isn't getting based and jumped around and thumped and having it ringing in your ears. I'm all for it, like I loved them to be there. It's atmosphere and all that, But I think all this negative You're going, oh, it's good sportsmanship, No, it's not. If you haven't been in that stadium and actually had to deal with the crap conditions that we've had to for the last fifteen years, you might actually understand. And I mean it's no different than you're not allowed to take in any other kind of hard objects or anything like that. It's it's big bit petty all round, like they're the anti crusader crowds all collemin fridge blah blah blah, being a coward. It's not. There's so many other things I will not do.
Speaker 2: What's your U stadium.
Speaker 20: Called new stadium? To Kaha, that's going to be amazing stadium we've gotten.
Speaker 2: Now can you take your bill to the new one?
Speaker 7: To me?
Speaker 20: Look, I don't know. We're not there yet, We're no. What's six eight months? Remote?
Speaker 2: Tracy? Tracy, you would be the most level headed can temprid I've ever spoken to.
Speaker 20: I've never been cold level headed in my life. But because like seriously, the stadiums we used to here season ticket, so we used to go to every game, but it goes to the points from the last twelve months or two seasons. It's like you're just so picked up. Stadium seats are not made as in other stadiums where you've got an arsenal gear where you're comfortable, you and cannery winters. You're wearing your big pathia checket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tracy, what is that? What is that? Was it originally a league stadium? What it was for what's the background of it was.
Speaker 20: I'm old, but I'm not that old, but yeah, I believe it was originally for rugby league.
Speaker 2: What was it called in its original day off.
Speaker 20: I'm pretty sure that it used to be like the Edington Showgrounds.
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 20: We used to have like the industry spheres and all that sort of thing here in the A m p s Os used to be there, Okay, way back in the day. I remember as a kid going to like industry spheres and things like that in.
Speaker 23: The area on that sort of area.
Speaker 20: So I don't know how how long that.
Speaker 2: So you're not you're not going anyway because the stadium is a pig, is it right?
Speaker 20: Well, we're not going because you know, we have got tickets we can use to go.
Speaker 13: But but we've got.
Speaker 20: The Warriors at five o'clock, we've got the Crusaders at seven. Stay home in the warm watch the bluecill on the big screen and have air drinks in the warmth. Your best pay anybody just.
Speaker 2: Backing up the Warriors. Caples just scored for Queensland too, so good to see a Warrior there on the board too. So he's done. I don't think he's back in time for Saturday. I don't think he's going to play, but he's having a good game. Queensland the monstering New South Wales at twenty six to six, so it's going to make that. Yeah, it looks like they'll win this. They look a bit shell shocked New South Wales. Anyway, I'll get back into it. You never write out old Nathan Cleary. Christina emails. I was wondering why didn't the construction workers where they were doing the extension of the burnt down New World have fire extinguisher handy. I haven't heard the cause of that fire yet. Do you know it was the construction workers? I think that might be speculation. I think the fire knew, the fieries knew what started, but can't say. And I wondered if there was going to be some prosecution. I just thought that that was a bit suspicious. They hadn't released what the information was there. Anyway, we are talking melatonin, which everyone on everyone's lips, and the Crusaders and always talk about the Air India flight of those things. The things you want to talk about, come through and make yourself known to me for this final hour. Would love to hear from you, Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine two ninety two to text get in touch. You want to have a bit of a banger banger bit of a discussion, Marcus. I'm pleased the cow bells aren't allowed at the Crusader's Chiefs games are re annoying, speaking from personal experience, cow bells band at the Rugby No stress. Just bring a jb ol speaker blasting cow bell MP three on repeat, all the noise downe of the head injuries, Marcus. When the Chiefs played the Hurricanes and the cake to my friend had a cowbell confiscated as it was support as supposed hazard. Quite ridiculous, Sue, Marcus. The Palace want the Sussex to have DNA tests done on Archer Lily bit to prove if they are or aren't surrogates. God, people should just leave them alone. Cure for sleeplessness hot milk works so quickly. Anyway, Good evening, Pam, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 28: Hi, How are you good?
Speaker 2: Pam?
Speaker 28: Thinking that lady before she said it was a league ground, it was actually years ago where they used to do show jumping in that for the a MP show. Okay, that's why it's sort of a small stand.
Speaker 2: It's all quite it's all quite compact in, isn't it.
Speaker 28: Yes. And of course they extended it a bit for the league and then the rugby a bit more. But it was very small and it was because it was just jumping. You couldn't have cowbells and things with horses show jumping.
Speaker 2: No, what was it always called?
Speaker 28: It was?
Speaker 2: It just called the showgrounds stadium.
Speaker 28: There MP show grounds.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's been there, It's been there for years and years, isn't it.
Speaker 28: Oh yes? And then they moved out to Curl It's road out to a new one they built it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, I walked out to cur. Let's hey, I tell you what is shocking how long it's taken to get a new stadium, hasn't I mean, it's taken a long long time. Will you think how how fantastic that new stadium was before it collapsed. It was a beautiful thing. It's taken so long, oh.
Speaker 25: I know.
Speaker 28: And there's I mean, there's so many things here that are taking When you think about when the Youth quake happened and how long it's taken for a lot of things to be you know to be rebuilt, and now I.
Speaker 20: Think that both.
Speaker 2: The latest thing that's about to happen is that swimming center that's new to town that looks can't quite work out what the point of that. That's quite a big deal, isn't it.
Speaker 28: Yep, yeah, that's quite big. I think they're going to have netball courts in there as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh well, okay, I will pay this for information. Thank you for that, Kathy. It's Marcus. Good evening.
Speaker 29: How are you, Marcus good?
Speaker 2: Think of Kathy.
Speaker 29: That's good lust And I'm eleven Saint Alban's christ Church. I'm originally from a Cagle and I've been here for teen years and I can tell you I went to summer today and I bussed and I did a really big walk through the city of Christ Church in the city today and it looks ambulous.
Speaker 17: Does it.
Speaker 29: Yeah, it looks fantastic. And there's only a couple of buildings now that I think that look pretty shady, but the rest it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: So it's finally looking finished, is it.
Speaker 28: I believe so.
Speaker 29: But I do believe like they have knocked church on the corner of Carlton.
Speaker 26: Mill Road.
Speaker 29: And parked Arras and that church is finished, and it looks amazing. And if only the cathedral could have knocked it down, used some of their building materials and what they could have salvage and built something quite modern, that would have been really, really, really good progress, and it would have cost a lot less.
Speaker 2: Well, I suppose once the stadium is finished, and once that new sports he has finished, I guess then the cathedral becomes kind of the monument to the quake, because it's the only kind of ruin that's left, isn't it. What about? What about? What about across from the Margaret Mayhe, there's that from the library, there was that big there was that big deep hole where the seagulls had moved in and they filled that up.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 29: That's all gone. Yes, that's all gone. They had that monument with a sort of car up on the stand. Yeah, that's all gone.
Speaker 2: What have they done with that?
Speaker 26: Yeah?
Speaker 29: Just wow, that's just land at the moment. Yeah sure, yeah, so that's been awful done. But it looks amazing. But look, I had a brother that lived in Japan, and he's married to a Japanese woman for thirty years, and he lived in Tokyo actually for four years, thirty years ago, and he went to Hearroshima and he said, you know, the left part of the inner city, a tiny bit of ruin to remember the hero of a Shima bombing. And he said, and of course he lives in christ Church now with his Japanese wife, and he said, why not just make it a museum and this is a reminder of what happened.
Speaker 26: That's his take.
Speaker 7: So I'm pleased to hear that it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I'm pleased to hear you're positive about that, that it seems to all be just about finished.
Speaker 23: I believe.
Speaker 29: So I think it looks fantastic.
Speaker 2: Did you walk back in from some as you walk the whole way.
Speaker 29: In most of it, yes, right through to Saint Albans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's quite nice.
Speaker 29: It's fantastic. Read clips and bright around and past Mount Peasant and then three to the study Bury Road and yeah, it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Was it one of those nice clear Cross Church days today?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 29: We had blue, clear skies and the sea was just clustering. You could see the crystals on it.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Oh did you say that? Did you move up after the Quaker before the quake Kathy after not many people who have done that, lovely people who have done that? Would they? I was here like three weeks after really, yeah, is there a story to that?
Speaker 29: Yes, my brother lived here, so I wanted to see what had happened. So I flew up from the caval and then I went over to the Minds for like six years, and then I came back, so I didn't really.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see you've been You've been doing five file, You've been flying out into the you've been working the Minds in Australia Church.
Speaker 29: Yeah, so from two thousand and boughtin. I've been here, so three years.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, okay, really nice to talk Katy. Thanks so much. That eighteen past eleven, at twenty six six out of origin to Queensland. We normally go up and spend a week or two in this July holidays in christ which I normally work from there. So I'll see if we're doing that this year actually, because I love those winter days in christ Church. Fantastic, good evening, Pepper, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 30: Yeah, Hi, but guidphoned because I am actually on Malatona and at the moment I was having some various serious issues sleeping. I'm a shift worker. I'm shift working now, so it has actually settled me. I'm happy with it. I was prior to that, I was on a stopper clothes. But it's a botanic taste of my mouth. So I asked my doctor if there's something else I just take, but you have to favorite so for a subscription that was twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, And the how the doctors like when they prescribe it a tone they say sort of will you could try this? Or because I think probably there's not quite Yeah, I'm just curious to know what they're how they how they put it to you when they said that, or did you ask for it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 30: I never knew what it was. I just said I can't take sopoclone, soperclone or zoppies I called it anymore because of the metallic case.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 30: Left, And he said how about you try this one? And I said what is it? And he said it's latonin balatonin, I think you say it. I said, well, I'll try that, and I find it a lot better to use. And it does relax it's sort of like a relax it really and it worked and I actually highly recommended. I'm not too sure why it's actually made it on a talk.
Speaker 2: Factor, so you're not sure why what, Papa.
Speaker 30: I'm not sure why it's actually found its way on a talk factor. Was there some disagreement about it or it's just subject.
Speaker 2: No, because what's happened today is they've said that it's now no longer a prescription meet so you can just bite over the counter. Oh okay, well an an issue a child, but you can just you said you don't need to prescript. Anyone can buy it.
Speaker 30: Okay, I think it's still on prescription now, and it's twenty dollars. It is normally thirty. But my chemist, you became chemists and Stratford and they gave it to me. I don't know if I should name it.
Speaker 9: They gave it me to.
Speaker 30: Twenty dollars, and then I really like it as stepping my sleep pattering down really well.
Speaker 2: It's great news. Hell are you been on it for, Papa?
Speaker 30: I'd say probably two weeks now. I find it all just admitute. I've got a truck coming in Bye, I'm loading trucks. So anyway, No, I highly recommend it. It's really can be down a lot.
Speaker 2: Are you at Fontira? Are you at Fontira?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 20: I did not so where I am?
Speaker 2: No, don't say it, don't say I don't want to get in trouble. On the phone, Pepa, nice to talk to you. Thank you. Twenty four past eleven New South Wales have scored. The score is twenty six to ten. I need to score three more times, Marcus. When we lived in Australia, melatonin was widely available at the chemist and didn't require a prescription. We use it for our sons with ASD and ADHD under medical consultation, but only because they're diagnosed sleep disorders. It was part of a strict bedroom routine to help them fall asleep as the bodies didn't naturally produce enough melatonin. It doesn't make you sleep or keep you asleep, but it helps signal the brain that it's time for rest. And New Zealand melatonin requires a prescriptures typically prescribed as sleep disorder has been formally diagnosed. I'm really consumed that it's over the counter. Meds need to be checked by a doctor pharmacist before taking alike. Saint John's Wart is very dangerous taken with other meds. Marcus. I went to a homeopath in nineteen ninety and he bought melatonin from overseas, very strict conditions to buy. He said. Pilots use it to regulate the Cicadian rhythms while crossing timelines. But it's not a sleeping tablet. You mean to take it early evening when the sun goes down and simulate your melatonin and your circadian cycle. Evening, Marcus, I've been taking five MiGs of melotone every nuight for years. Apart from great sleep, I think it keeps you young. State of origins on currently Queensland twenty six, New South Wales ten. Not much talk or the census tonight. Someone might have something to say about that that would be of interest. I quite enjoyed the census was always good for talk back with people's ridiculous questions. I don't think you can just not have a census because it costs money when you stop doing a lot of things, because it's a cost saving things. But some things are probably quite important. So there we go. That's that. Stephen Crichton's just gone over to score the try as confirmed, so a bit of a comebacks on for the Blues at the moment. Boy his quality dropped the ball earlier, so it's made amends for that.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus slash Nights, listen live to News Talk Set B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio