Speaker 1: This is an iHeart Radio New Zealand podcast.
Speaker 2: Out of the Gate with Maddie McClain, Chris Henry and Brad Christiansen.
Speaker 3: Oh she.
Speaker 1: Oh this is I'm so happy. Today was such a sunny day in Tom mckimccado in Auckland, and I was walking, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 4: Sorry, like a shotgun. I kind of found that was what was happening. So okay, though, I'm totally fine, don't tell you what one of these the wheels is going to come right off.
Speaker 3: I love that you don't need the he.
Speaker 1: So I was walking away today that was so sunny, and I thought, man, I could do a drink sometimes, just those days where it's beautiful and hot. Yeah, I thought I need a drink. And then I got a got a little ping, a little notification in the group chair. Brad Christiansen, I'm bringing beers tonight. Boys were like you, and then a hero comes along with a strength to care. How can you you know you'll know the answer to this. I reka like music music rights. Yes, obviously if we were to play Mariah Carey, we would have to pay for that. Yes, if you sing it like if we sing it, could we feasibly sing the whole Mariah Carey song on this podcast without being charged and having to pay rights.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think she's probably seen. It's a different sort of legal letter. Really, if we sung it, wouldn't Cheason dessssed. She's she's due for a big paycheck from the first of December, isn't doesn't she just she'd be climbing up those things. He'd be being defrosted deathward.
Speaker 3: At the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's coming out of the cryogenic freezer and ready to sing.
Speaker 1: I listened to I've been listening to and Embrace Yourselves. Boys, I've been listening to another podcast recently.
Speaker 3: Okay, not that you listen to your own podcast.
Speaker 1: No, Sometimes I'll debble in our podcast, though. If I feel like we've had an interesting chat or a funny chat, sometimes I will go.
Speaker 2: Back and listen and listen to that piece. I want, Yeah, I want to listen to the I was away. I'll clearly listened to.
Speaker 1: Listen I'm away. Did he get into your d N He hasn't slipped into my DMS yet.
Speaker 3: I reckon he's a listener.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call him out on this podcast and see if he finds us.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, that's good. Make a big bold claim. It's right off our alley, isn't it, big bold claim? And then see what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did notice on his socials today he posted a cup of himself drinking a cup of coffee or a hot, hot drink of some sort that had sexy on the cup.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes you are. I didn't message it that really. I thought that you were going straight into the DM is why. I mean, he's a very tall cup of water milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard drink of milk talk talk glass of milk, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that saying.
Speaker 4: And you know, you know a median saying tall glass of milk talk about let's google it. Oh god, I'm behind on my Googles. Just going back, just going back a couple of steps. A says, No, you cannot sing a song without paying royalties. If it's copywriters, it's automatedly copyrighted when it's written down, recorded, given the created exclusive rights to perform.
Speaker 3: Distribute, or replicate the work.
Speaker 4: So yeah, because obviously we're in a commercial, commercial space, you would have heard a lovely commercial on the way in and thank you so much. That'll be paying for our Christmas lunch, so we thoroughly appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Talk glass of milk similar to talk glass of water. Okay, tato. Anyway, we've got, we've got with zigged and we've zagged, and we've gone in so many different directions. I didn't even get to make my point, which is that I had been listening to this podcast and they asked the questions all about pop culture, and they say, what was the culture that made you realize like pop culture was for you? And sorry that this is a long roundabout way of thinking, saying that I've been thinking about what it was for me, and I think it was Mariah. I remember vividly, like listening to like the Fantasy album and thinking like I'm all about this, Like I love this woman, I love this music, I love everything about her.
Speaker 4: Now do we think this is you discovering pop culture?
Speaker 3: I mean I think it's a little bit of color made a little bit of comb.
Speaker 1: They go hand in hand, don't they.
Speaker 4: It's like, instead of a tall glass of milk, it's a tall you know, traffic light from com and coke.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's clean I do remember I was good, wasn't.
Speaker 3: It's so good to have you back, Hey, thanks very much.
Speaker 1: I do remember vividly, like choreographing dance routines like Fantasy. I can just picture you doing it, and I do remember having that thought of one not like the others.
Speaker 4: I kind of feel like it's almost like a little movie montage, and you're here when you were just sort of like And we pull away and little Matthew McLain is choreographing the song to the Fantasy album as we pull away from his room and realize he's.
Speaker 3: Not just like the other boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fast forward twenty five years him and as a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of so I can't remember why I sheard this last week, but we went to when I was in New York State side in the Northern Hemisphere.
Speaker 3: You went to Europe American Joe.
Speaker 2: We went to the show Wicked, right, and one of the friends I was traveling with said.
Speaker 3: God, you got your gay on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So apparently that was you know, a real really fagged it up.
Speaker 4: I got gated up a lot. Apparently, Well, if you can't be gay at Wicked, can you be gay?
Speaker 1: Wicked is inherently homosexual without even meaning to be homosexual. It is very gay, very gay.
Speaker 4: I mean this is a segue because there is one person in this room that has already seen the Wicked.
Speaker 1: Movie in the dark. I put it in the dark.
Speaker 4: Look at that. Were we gonna We're gonna break all roles. It just moved straight into the dark.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get it, let's let's do it. Wait the fucking what's the what's the timer on the clock? How long has it been with s?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's with sex minism? And but I feel like we could have easily kept going before we got to this, But I might as well just bring it up.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I went to worked last night and I went with high hopes, high expectations. It exceeded my expectations.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: It is. It is a masterpiece. And it's very gay. It's very gay.
Speaker 4: With lots of gays in the audience, lots of gays in the audience, lots of lots of well known gays.
Speaker 1: Celebrity Gaze were.
Speaker 3: C clearing you were the well known.
Speaker 1: Feed the backs mateo. It's my motto.
Speaker 3: After are you on?
Speaker 1: Are you on the mailing list?
Speaker 5: On the rao to get you always on the mailing, award winning podcasts, award winning award own award winning in our own minds, if we were organized enough to ever like into awards.
Speaker 4: I think we're just going to keep this between us and the Gate.
Speaker 3: It's really appen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they like, they like being here. Yeah, but it was epic.
Speaker 1: It was so good, and you know, sometimes you just I know, like lots of people felt this way about and I did, like I loved, but like Babby was great. Yeah, but something about working, like those movies sometimes just come along that feel you It feels like you're watching peak cinema. Yeah, like I remember it. I remember the movies from my childhood that felt that way, Like Titanic really felt that way. I remember Jumuni really felt that way, those movies that those movies there. You've never seen Jumunji.
Speaker 4: Enough of this ship at home. I don't need this ship here. No, I don't think I've seen Jumunji.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, were you not a big movie kidders? All right?
Speaker 3: No, No, we lived. I've already been.
Speaker 4: I've already been called out in this in my life. So do I you know we're in a safe space, Yes, very safe, and we're not yacking. You're young, but young. By the way, we lived in a beach town, which means that after school you went to the beach. Yeah, and it's very privileged to come from the beach down and go to beat the beach up of school. But there are some key parts of pop culture I have missed, especially around the movie front, because of my.
Speaker 3: Very blessed child. Funny though, like it's a great movie to watch as an adult. Though is that? I think?
Speaker 1: I think I've got a.
Speaker 4: Lot of other movies ahead of this before I'm allowed to get under this one before very Potter.
Speaker 1: If you wanted to come around one night, I'd put on I'd put on Dream on Dren watch it with you.
Speaker 3: But I would do that some one that would come with you.
Speaker 1: I would do that annoying thing that you do when you put on a movie that you've seen and you're watching it with someone who hasn't seen it, and that I would just sit there on the couch watching you watch the movie, waiting for your reactions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and I.
Speaker 1: This is this is important part. You've got to watch this bit. You want to love this bit.
Speaker 4: I'm going any immortal words say less things now because I could definitely get in trouble. But yeah, I do have exceimilar experiences like that where ob guess I wouldn't have to pick my phone up because that's always one that causes that.
Speaker 1: This is the podcasting in trouble again.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm I am mat and Ryan as you. Yeah, And I get so annoyed when I put on something great that I know Ryan will enjoy and he's not paying attention. He's on his phone, and I go, you need to watch this bit.
Speaker 4: Type and type B is that it?
Speaker 2: Because I've seen that on like on the TikTok recently, like different different videos like these. A Type A and a Type B in a relationship? Yeah, but type is more like up tire they.
Speaker 3: No, I think no.
Speaker 4: Type a's are definitely people like are the organizers of your friend, Like the person that's like, we're going to go and do this on the weekend and buys all the tickets and all picks up and puts away and you know, tied Like.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think I'm Type A, but I do. I'm very pedantic about watching movies.
Speaker 4: Hang on a second, maybe you are Type A, soy do the three crew terriers of type A go for it please?
Speaker 3: Competitive?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, time, urgent.
Speaker 4: I am almost last one is a sad one, hostile and aggressive.
Speaker 3: Lawn.
Speaker 4: I think it's if the first two points are not adhered to, the hostile and aggressiveness happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, Yeah, yeah, so you'd.
Speaker 3: Have to be type B Bradley read Type.
Speaker 1: B relaxed, patient, easy going.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna incriminate myself after the receipts that come through last week, after last week's chat.
Speaker 1: By the way, we need to talk about that. Will we do need to really quickly finish off my wcord. Yes, it just felt like peak cinema. I was like, you know what I thought? I thought, Hollywood is back back, baby back baby, Ariana Grande is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: What's the other?
Speaker 1: A revo? Beautiful voice, beautiful Jonathan Bailey, ol queer king, who is just hoty so yummy?
Speaker 3: Oh yummy. I was gonna ask because a want to know.
Speaker 1: So yummy and can act and can sing and can dance and is so fucking hot. Part of me went fuck you you, but also, Bravo, I love you. I'm putting you on a pedistal you are my you're my hero.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Bailey.
Speaker 1: You yes, you know him?
Speaker 3: I do you know?
Speaker 1: Hello Travelers. He was in Fellow Travelers, which we talked about thirty six. He's in Bridgeton.
Speaker 3: Very hot, very hot, very hot.
Speaker 4: So we'll have to get along to the movie.
Speaker 3: Then. Now the Gators would want to know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm assuming the answer is no, but there are any penises in this movie.
Speaker 1: No penises and Wicked.
Speaker 3: No penises and Wicked.
Speaker 1: No, sort of like outline, Jonathan Bailey was tight pans. Okay, I do need to tell you in case you don't know this, and you should know this. Wicked is a musical because two minutes into the film, my husband turned to me and said, do they sing like this the whole way through it? And I said, yes, they do, my love, because this is a musical and that's what they do in a musical.
Speaker 3: They're talking as well, though.
Speaker 1: Lots of talking, yeah, but also inherently musicals do have singing involved, so you do need to know they're going into it.
Speaker 4: I've got a Wicked adjacent story because obviously Wicked is very big on the internet at the moment when Rip the Queen died, the Queen of England very sad.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so I'm so fascinated to know where the story is going.
Speaker 4: So when the Queen died bucking In Palace, so she died in the afternoon, backing in Palace, put out a creed to the west end of theater in the UK and said, it's very saying that the Queen has died. However, it is her request that you continue on as normal. The show must go on. And so all of these Broadway shows you know, are going up and they've got sort of like God, it's very sad people in the morning. Maybe I'll bring some light ingertabments, some light theater. There's this great tektok doing the rounds of the poor manager of the theater that has Wicked, saying I'd like to welcome you to the theater. It was it was Her Majesty's request that the show goes on. The show is going to be performed tonight as written and as performed, So please enjoy the show if you haven't seen the show, and this is going to clock for you in just a second.
Speaker 3: The opening sequence.
Speaker 4: Of Wicked the Musical is a huge number where where they are going, where they sing the song ding Dong the Witch is dead right.
Speaker 3: It starts with like she's dead.
Speaker 1: It truly does it? Truly does? I just imagine the audience in there being like, oh, just performing it, being like you almost have to, like you'd have to break the fourth wall after the song and be like no disrespect, no, just refect your majesty. We love you anyway how much. So they're just my little p s. A Wicked is amazing. Okay, go see it.
Speaker 3: You will love it out now.
Speaker 4: Tuesday, so we records on a Tuesday and it comes out on a week Wednesday.
Speaker 3: So you found the podcast tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Although tomorrow tomorrow, I love you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I got like I just gated up a little bit more. I started singing the hills exited after part one to go to the bathroom. My friends like.
Speaker 3: We cruise someone in the toilet just to really it was their home over.
Speaker 4: Fun.
Speaker 1: I really hope, I really hope they don't. They don't come for us for the music rights, because we've now sung like four different songs on this plant. Maybe you get away with it when you do it really quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah a megamix, bring it on, Bring aute, good luck, Old iHeartRadio towers seriously good.
Speaker 3: They'd be like the what what is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a guy that.
Speaker 3: Don't get back to the old ones.
Speaker 1: It's so good, so let's get back to them. The story at hand though, Oh yes, So last week on the podcast, we had to talk about the fact that you had gotten your international flight times wrong.
Speaker 4: I sucked it up. You fucked it up. I said, excuse me, your I didn't.
Speaker 3: Fuck it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are very You were very effusive in your defense that you didn't fuck it up. And you said, I think I'm quoting here. You said about your partner car who had told me specifically that you had fucked it up. Listen with your tartingers's.
Speaker 2: Tarting at all, which went down like a cup of cold sack.
Speaker 1: Of course, he messaged me and he said, I have never felt such boiling rage as I have when I heard Brad say that phrase. Yeah, so he posted He posted on Instagram some receipts he has.
Speaker 4: So if we read the best leads, okay, here our story time. Who are we the blue one? I there we having on that? He said, Hang on a minute. Read the date of the message as well, The thirty September at nine.
Speaker 3: Thirtieth of September. Be get this in mind, Oh don't you.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether you're going to use this opportunity to anyhoy. No, this we can. We can run this like a court of law. So you're allowed to put a defense for it doesn't mean you're going to be found note but.
Speaker 4: To be fair, I'm the Crown prosecutor, so I am so I think that I was starting and you will hold your defense that he called so Carl says, morning babe, how are you today? My work dates down south of shifted from the four to the third of November and increased of seven weeks. It hates morning, get done? Is that clash with your travel question Mark?
Speaker 1: And then Brad.
Speaker 4: Says, morning babe, that's exciting. I'm back fourth of November, proud of you. It's going to be awesome down the are.
Speaker 1: And then he has added to the story Brad.
Speaker 4: Land and Wednesday, the sixth of November, and he's used the song Taylor Swift, Look what You made Me Do, which is really the ultimates match.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: So you did tell Carl that you were landing on Monday, the fourth of November.
Speaker 3: On the thirtieth of September.
Speaker 1: What did your flights change to?
Speaker 3: They No, because I.
Speaker 2: Read my new Zealant apt wush you know, which is quite handy, and read the fourth of November right, And I wasn't leaving until the whatever it was in October, two weeks after those messages. And then while I was in the States, I said, Babe, I've got this wrong. I leave on the fourth and land on the sixth.
Speaker 4: You realize that you were absolutely is issuing the biggest challenge. If you said to him that there's a change of notes, he is going to absolutely rip you back with those to seats because he'll have them.
Speaker 3: Well that's all the receipts.
Speaker 2: He's got to think, No, because I was I was verbal over the telephion.
Speaker 3: Oh of course in a quarter of low.
Speaker 4: But I will fought on.
Speaker 1: But the argument was never like. The argument was never that you didn't tell him that you'd fucked up. The argument was that you just fucked up in the first place. Like he never claimed that you never told him that you'd fucked up your dates.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to fall on my sword because there are receipts that on their September I had sucked up.
Speaker 4: Would you like to apologize to your darling in this public forum.
Speaker 2: Publicly on out the gate who the iHeartRadio Ivory Tower knows about. Wow, I sincerely apologize and I love you dearly, my love.
Speaker 3: It's so big of you, big man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other person, I'd like to apologize to them about gators. Ah, I won't name your name, but you did send quite a few messages. Admittedly you did say the next morning I was drunk. You will know who you are, and I think you're fantastic because when I read the messages, you brought me so much joy and energy, and I did reply to you saying I love it. We're all about the energy. So receipts are there. I've apologized, and Locke, we've talked about how many promises we make and what we've want to do on this podcast.
Speaker 3: We will get to your request, hopefully in the new year.
Speaker 4: I think my favorite part about it, and also we're not going to name this gator, but also he'll be listening right now and he will be like, oh fuck, because you know what it's like when you get a little bit drunk in the DMS. Here's a couple of my favorite lines, boys come on field days, even on your gay radar.
Speaker 1: It's a mystery to me. Different message.
Speaker 4: I'm a gain for episode one, most of the Chris's kiwi xent, which is the worst of the lot use and the inflection upwards It's coming for.
Speaker 1: You, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then the other one the dirt you conditioned ways you never could Wags and then yes the next morning a future many one. Sorry boys, now I'm here.
Speaker 2: Hey, if I'm actually here for those messages, I thought it was brought me joy and laughter that when I read those.
Speaker 4: So wait, he was calling us out for not doing anything that we see the empty promises that we've made.
Speaker 1: But isn't this a cornerstone of our podcast. It's a character trait, it's a foundation. It's a foundation that we make these promises and we don't follow through with them. We got merch and it's only because somebody made the Can I just hit say here and now it is a fucking wonder we get a podcast out at all any week. So do not come for us in the DMS and drag us for not going to field days or presenting a WAG episode.
Speaker 4: We'll get there, mate, and good time, good things time.
Speaker 1: Should we do the wag episode.
Speaker 4: Really thinking we need to really do it and Christmas it's easy, this is get it done a couple of way. We won't get it done the side of Christmas, but anyway, watch the space and also to be fair, if you do to get drunk and then just drag us on Instagram and we when we love the free contents.
Speaker 3: So I love it. It's so good that brought me to I wasn't angry at all.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, they're cool.
Speaker 1: I did think. I was thinking today, you know, like we've done this, we've been doing this podcast. We're coming up three years now, my wild right, three years I did. I thought about it today, Sorry, bab, I thought about it today. Should we be should we be soliciting for feedback because we you know.
Speaker 3: Oh we're too centsy for feedback.
Speaker 1: We just turn on these mics and we go for gold.
Speaker 2: Like when we tuned up this afternoon, someone else didn't have content in the podcast and we see that in the dock, but we said we got yeah, we got yeah, and you said many the best.
Speaker 3: Podcasts that we ever do.
Speaker 2: We talk shit and don't even touch the dock until at least twelve minutes into it.
Speaker 1: Well, we're twenty five minutes in and we're only touched one thing on the docks so far, and that is wicked.
Speaker 3: Look, I'll be honest, it feels like a good podcast to me.
Speaker 1: Feel like that's what I meant. It's my favorite ones are the ones where we don't even get to shore on the dock. Maybe it's the maybe it's the be But do you think is this a dangerous thing for us to do? Maybe like a to do a little performance review three years in and say to the gators, what do you think about our podcast? What do you like? What do you want from us?
Speaker 2: I think what we would like is to definitely give us all the stars on our We never asked that we get to ask and write a write a review on our you know, on the on the platforms iHeartRadio app and will really you find your podcast?
Speaker 4: So give us, give us some stars, give us some feedback reviews, but also slip into our DM.
Speaker 1: Slip into our dams and maybe we'll do a little Maybe we'll do a little I reckon.
Speaker 4: We we'll put a little story thing up. I'm getting good at this next ride it in the docks, I remember, but we could, we could ask for some performance reviews. I think so.
Speaker 1: Was his brackets be nice the gate. This is the thing about Gators. Though we love the Gators even when they're drunken and like and ringing us for not going to field days, that we still love them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and again I think I think that's great. That communication has been so good.
Speaker 1: So I feel like we can do it. And even if they're roasting us a little bit, I'm.
Speaker 4: Here for I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it, no spect roasting.
Speaker 1: Well, sweet for yourself. Okay, should we do it quick because we're twenty five minutes in? Do we need to do a quick little work around? And how are we or have we moved on from now?
Speaker 4: Okay because that's part of the show. Yeah, fair enough, but Gus changing up the format crazy?
Speaker 1: How are we good?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm going to piggyback on Brad's good News of the week because I also participated in it.
Speaker 3: So, Brad, what was the parlor of your week? The week cold Play got on the Bend week?
Speaker 1: It was I went to did you go Friday Night? So Goodnesday? Friday?
Speaker 4: Were you fridayy?
Speaker 1: Snurday got them all covered, got the bases covered, wedness, isn't it. We went we we jumped on the bandwagon late in the piece, like we got offered tickets late in the piece. And then Friday came around, and remember Friday was terrible weather, very and Ryan messaged me in the afternoon and went, because we were uncovered, and he went, should we just sell the tickets? I don't know, I don't want to go on the rain And I went, no, I think we should go. It's meant to clear. Let's hit your bits and given you with the man, let your finger and put it in the air and ah and far out. I'm so glad we stuck with it. It was incredible.
Speaker 4: I would probably say this is the summary of the conversations that I've had over the last over the last week about it. If you isolate the music of Coldplay and you put it within like a top forty radio format or when you're on hold of the bank or you're in an elevator, like track by track, there are some bangers, but there are also some very sad kind of slow songs.
Speaker 1: And sometimes do I say it like vanola, like vanilla music, white people.
Speaker 4: Music absolutely not offensive when you put it into the confines of a stadium experience with balloons, light up wristbands, fireworks.
Speaker 1: It was confetti. It was probably the best show I've ever been.
Speaker 4: To from a show perspective thought likewise, I can't speak highly enough.
Speaker 1: We were there the night that the guy got up on stage because he said he had been woken up from a coma because of Coldplay's music, and that was amazing.
Speaker 2: I just think the show, the in the audience inclusion interaction. Yeah, the music was great, but just I think the vibe on just peace and kindness and how they sold that. Yeah, and the music was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Ryan said. He read an article with Chris Martin who said, we perform every show like we never take it for granted, and we perform every show reminding ourselves before we go out that this.
Speaker 4: Technical issues in the studio, the cheese is falling.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to be such a beautiful sets, Okay, we he said. Chris Martin said, we perform every show and we remind ourselves before we go out again.
Speaker 2: Jesus I had the Ivory Tower is going to be you cannot play that that that this is going to be a someone's first ever show that they've been to, but b someone's.
Speaker 1: Last ever show that they will go through. And so they perform every concert like that, and you could.
Speaker 4: Tell you could feel the infantas.
Speaker 1: It was very authentic, and I go on, play your bloody clip. I'm sorry, I play your clip?
Speaker 4: Well it makes sense in context? Okay, so no, no you can't. This wasn't in the dock. So coldplay do as part of the show where he goes around and he puts the camera on people and he sings a little ditty about them and then kind of imprompt you ditty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And on one of the nights, the Detective going viral because he goes out and the songs that were like he made beautiful brother, well, he made beautiful sister. Well he picks a wonderful young person who happens to be non binary. And that was on said day at the concert I was at, do you want to hear how he played?
Speaker 3: So he's putting up a video, So.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, you beautiful person. That's all I wanted to say, thanks for coming to our show.
Speaker 1: Telling me what I should already know.
Speaker 6: I'm represented l g B t q I A.
Speaker 1: They held up a little signing phone saying I'm non binary.
Speaker 4: And he handed it so well, I was alive and we used to be bringing this to the doc and it was. It was a beautiful moment. It felt a little.
Speaker 2: Pre premeditated, yeah, but it was still a beautiful moment. And how he wrapped it up and how he was represented with the rainbow flag and the streamers and yeah, it was just but back to your point around it was someone's first or someone's last because the age range of the audience. There were you know, six year olds or seven year olds on parents' shoulder, you know.
Speaker 1: People with gray here, our older generation.
Speaker 2: It was just really lovely to be was it was filled my cap I was, I had a traffic light, very full.
Speaker 4: And so I'm good.
Speaker 3: After that, it's me.
Speaker 1: We're all good. We're all good or really good.
Speaker 4: Though, before we wrap it up, there is one thing that's in the dark that I would really like to cover because we talked about this in great detail last week. Matthew McClain, can you please go to agenda item number one on the document.
Speaker 1: So I told you boys that last weekend I went to the Medillos, the gay Tennis social tennis group.
Speaker 4: Yes, just seeing someone out the window with a head on. It's a nail. Sorry, cancel them. Sorry, I just caught the corner of someone's here.
Speaker 3: Sorry. I think I did a report on a story.
Speaker 1: You got that one wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, I just say it was so wrong.
Speaker 4: No offense to you, don't ye, you're young man, not worthy the podcast, stop though. Sorry Anyway, I went to the Amadillos last week and played tennis and I talked to you boys about my feelings about it, and it was very It was a very yeah, it was an interesting experience. I felt very like I loved I loved a lot of it, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of it, but I also really really did not like a lot of it as well.
Speaker 4: It made you feel like you had gone back in time and you were back in high school sports and not being good at that and.
Speaker 1: Feeling humiliate, like very embarrassed, and very like. It was almost an outer body experience where I remember like being on the court and I just had this overwhelming feeling of I don't want to be here, I don't want to do this, I hate this, this is not for me. And then I said to you boys that I After that, I thought to myself, I need to go back because I need to. I need to do that for myself and for younger me. I need to give it another go. So I went back. I went back on the weekend.
Speaker 4: And I'm very very proud of you for this and that because it is very easy when something happens to us that we don't feel like we're absolutely winning, and especially at our age where time as sure.
Speaker 3: But that's not what I mean.
Speaker 4: Freshious and you know, if you're not into something about something doesn't work, get off the pot.
Speaker 1: And I'm very proud of you for getting another thank you, And I went back. And I don't want it to I don't want to sound like, you know, we talk about how I'm very competitive and I don't like to lose famously. I did win a I was part of a few winning matches on this weekend that I just went to. And I don't want it to sound like the experience was only good because I like won a game or something. But there was just something very powerful about like I was able to stand there and go. I went back, even though there were lots of things about it that I didn't enjoy last weekend in terms of how it made me feel. So to go back and then to have a couple of wins, and I had lots of losses as well, and I played. There was some games where I played terribly, but also some games where I felt like I had almost like improved even within a week.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 1: And so I just had this very powerful moment where I was still in the court and I was like, I'm so so pleased I came back. H and I had such a great day out. I had so much fun, and even with the losses, I was like, no, this is good, and this is so much fun to be able to come and be part of something like this because I haven't felt part of like sporting athletic thing for a very long time effect almost never really because I was never felt a part of that at high school, and so to be part of that was just amazing. And yeah, I was so pleased I went back.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, awesome, go the Armadillos.
Speaker 1: That great. It's getting busy though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was going to come on Sunday, but it had had to finish up the yard work and go.
Speaker 3: To the you do a dump run a dumb run?
Speaker 1: Do you want to come though?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come with me?
Speaker 3: Oh, I was thinking I wouldn't mind coming. I wouldn't mind coming to jump.
Speaker 1: Come with me, though, Yes, come along Sunday. Yeah, I can't go this. I can't go this Sunday, but come.
Speaker 4: I do, and I want to. I want to join.
Speaker 1: I'm in their group chat now so oh nice, great, let me get there.
Speaker 4: We'll get there, criss No, no, no, definitely for me responsibilities in an all time high. Totally need the Lord's day to.
Speaker 3: Get on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shit, yeah, I've covered watching the outside as long as long as well, like it's a fourth three art like, I like.
Speaker 3: It as a concept.
Speaker 4: But I as I older, I'm aware of my limitations of what I am good for you, what I what I can't accept, And.
Speaker 1: It's easier to say used to things, and you sometimes got to take stock and go actually no, yeah, not right now, not right now. Maybe one.
Speaker 4: Some of them just need a day at home and that's my and that is Sunday. Can you talk to me about your Bunnings trip?
Speaker 2: Also with the Bunnings after the dump really Sunday, Yeah, because I am on on the said day. I broke a set of secateurs, some garden snips.
Speaker 1: This is really the content we're here for.
Speaker 2: Off because I couldn't finish all I needed to do. Oh yeah, all right, So anyway, I loaded the track up with what I needed to went to Bunnings and needed a half brush and shovel.
Speaker 3: Pir of sic of tours found some rubbish bags.
Speaker 4: I've got those as well.
Speaker 3: You know, is a sausage.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't, so I didn't have any cash on me. They didn't get us I do the I didn't know anyway, friends.
Speaker 2: Is so I just want to pose this to you guys, and the and the gators, and I think we've talked about this before, but there was a couple of other homosexuals, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple, but when you're in public and you don't you know that because you've seen them on socials or you've seen them all yeah, yeah, and it's that kind of like and you know, I was really like down by the pergola section, by the outdoor furniture, you know, absolutely close to the bathroom and the cafe and enough of a sauce, you know.
Speaker 3: You know, Sidney's this lovely couple.
Speaker 2: And I said, oh hi, and then kind of got the eyebrows smile from both of.
Speaker 1: Them because what happens in that scenario.
Speaker 3: So I reckon this is my theory on it.
Speaker 4: If you're in a scenario like that, both of them immediately going through the head, is the other one fact here?
Speaker 2: Yes, So the answer to that question for those so it's absolutely not absolutely no, it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: But that'd be the conversation they're having in the car on the right.
Speaker 3: I was just being nice and like, how are.
Speaker 1: You totally you know, I'm very much a gay thing. It's very much a gay thing, and I have found that there are some gays that are very receptive to that and will acknowledge the fact that it's a small town with a small community and everyone knows everyone. And then some will just not give you the time of day. There are some real mean gaze out there.
Speaker 3: Mean case.
Speaker 4: I like that. Actually, I hope these guys that the threat buddings aren't gators or our gators and can come forward and say, yeah, I'm sorry they didn't give you that.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that these guys are men gays, but there are men gayser.
Speaker 3: And I'm not offended by that.
Speaker 2: It's just that kind of like, you know, you want to say you know, I say hello to just reading people sometimes.
Speaker 3: Hey how are you?
Speaker 4: You know? Yeah, but you know, just that was my experience, and well, I don't read too Bread was in a hat, a T shirt, like shorts, you know, like the cloth shorts, you know what do they you know, like, you know, cloth shorts and red bands. So I looked pretty rough.
Speaker 1: Also, you're a bit too straight acting, and they were like also, there's also that thing though, there are definitely like I've definitely seen gay guys out where I'm like, do I have we met before or do I just know you from like social media or whatever? And there is that moment where you go, how how enthusiastic am I going to be about seeing this person because realistically they are more or less a stranger or maybe I have met them, and you kind of have to make that snap decision of am I just going to treat you like a regular stranger or am I going to acknowledge that actually I.
Speaker 3: Do know you? Very true?
Speaker 4: But is it similar similar to stopping at a pedestrian if you're pedestrian and give a wave to say thanks to the that's a total stranger, Yeah, isn't it? So you know, like you know, a wave or a maybe we need to have like a special wave and maybe you need to like, as you see someone coming, you need to like.
Speaker 3: Just drop a rest. And they were like, Hi, I think that's I think.
Speaker 1: Don't even let the actions of others diminished.
Speaker 4: I like my Dallas I was my life wasn't demosed at all, but it was, you know, just just it's definitely a gay thing, isn't it. If you're a gay couple and you see us out at Bunning's, smile, smile.
Speaker 1: Say high, say and Cryst will see you in the bathroom and not for Dodgy, not for Dodgy, not for Dodgy, just because that's that's because just because that's just because you you spend a lot of time at Bunning.
Speaker 4: Hey, if I get proposition at the Bunning's toilets there in the.
Speaker 1: Dock, well that's us for this week.
Speaker 3: What a fucking great part.
Speaker 4: Absolutely yeah, don't even need to put anything in the door. Five hours, five stars, actually yeah, and self raiding, Well, I mean it's not a bad podcast for us to like throw out that we might want to do some beer of you on it.
Speaker 3: If you didn't like this one, well for.
Speaker 1: Us, you know, or we're not via we're not for you or vice versa.
Speaker 3: It's been great and I love it. We don't you, No, I love it.
Speaker 4: Hew.
Speaker 2: We've coordinated address so we'll get a picture out of us three coordinated.
Speaker 3: We're looking at so gorgeous today.
Speaker 4: And also we didn't talk about it, but the beers that we're drinking today also a little bit in keeping of our looks like.
Speaker 1: Very esthetically, very pleasing, very well.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm very pleasing.
Speaker 1: Hey, boys, I love you both, love.
Speaker 3: You mate, We love you to.
Speaker 1: One of the joys in my life with you guys, I.
Speaker 4: Just feel really relaxed on the swibbling. I know it.
Speaker 1: What's going on, even a great time, what is going on, there's something, there's something in that, there was something in the air that.
Speaker 4: Definitely if you want to join us, carry.
Speaker 3: It'll never be there because we never followed.
Speaker 1: But we'll see you at field Days next year. And the Wags episode is any day now, any day we'll see next wa