Speaker 1: All right, emergency episode of the Mad Monday podcast. This is coming out on a Wednesday afternoon. Look, if you listen to this podcast, you're probably aware of the Hello Sport podcast.
Speaker 2: You probably listened to their latest episode.
Speaker 1: But they have come up with a pitch to reward the efforts of our very own Mitch Barnette and missing the birth of his second child to go over there and be in State of Origin camp. So I wanted to see if we could lend a hand with that. So on the Agenda podcast earlier this morning, we had a chat to Tommy Birmingham from the hellow Sport podcast. I thought, you know what, I know who's going to enjoy this. It's the Mad Monday audience. So without any further ado, here's our chat from the Agenda podcast with Tom Birmingham from Hellowsport. Well, it's a great pleasure to welcome our dear friend from across the ditch from the hellow Sport podcast, Tom Birmingham, get a Tom Hay getting on this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Mate, very very well, thanks for having us. How are you guys doing, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Doing very very well. Thanks mate, State of Origin tonight. Obviously you're a proud new South Welshman over there, and I see that it's caught your eye that our beloved Mitch Barnett has actually missed the birth of his second son. Just the whole pads at training across the ditch. Let's call you right, didn't it?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely did. We're calling him mana much from across the Dutch. Yeah. And also just we are new South Welshman, but myself and Eddie who's my cost on the show, both half key we so I just feel like mentioning that off the top, maybe just to ingratiate ourselves further with your audience. Look, it was made apparent to us after Mitch got selected in the second game that he missed the birth of his child, and we were like, oh, that's I mean, obviously that's incredible. But then as the story developed, it was like he actually a kid been born for a couple of weeks. He missed the birth of his second child to literally come and train with the boys, not on game day, not, I think, man, just to hold pads, run through some plays and I just think that's New South Wales spirit through and through. Well.
Speaker 1: I've thought this from the moment that he got that he got named into the squad. I was like, Mitch bhaniit as a state of origin player. You know, he's got all of the things. I think he's raised on a dairy farm out in rural New South Wales. I couldn't tell you where. And I was like, that is the kind of man that you need in your food pack. And I think you and Edie came up with a plan to reward him in some way for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Look, I mean we sort of we were just trying to think about how we could give back to a man who's, you know, given everything to the state. Now, you could argue that if you've seen one childbirth, you've seen them all. Maybe that's true. I don't know, but we felt like we needed to do something for him. So we're in the process of basically just trying to organize almost an obnoxious amount of Hauge's nappies to be delivered to worries training basically just a way to say thank you, see what we can do to maybe just ease the strain at home. Having a couple of kids myself, nappies and wipes a commodity, So we sort of feel like that just will do our part.
Speaker 1: Am I right and thinking if I got the mets right on this, I think the metric was it was tackles times meters run plus a fuckload.
Speaker 3: Correct. Now, you know it's not exactly an exact it's not an exact science necessarily, but tackles times meters times of fuckload is the metric we're going off. So it'll be interesting to see how that shakes out after the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to entirely depend on how many minutes he gets and also what.
Speaker 2: Exactly a fuckload is?
Speaker 1: What the I know you got Jacko on from the Warriors to help facilitate a little bit of the logistics. He mentioned, why don't you just give him the money and then he could buy the stuff himself. I don't think that's the spirit of what you were trying to do here. I think it's about obviously as a as a good half key to yourself. You know, it's about the koha. It's about the gift and the act of gift giving. And so I think in that spirit, how how far along the road are you with us?
Speaker 2: Do you need a hand?
Speaker 1: We've got a ute. I mean, it's got fuck all storage in the back of it. But we've got straps and stuff. Do you need someone to pick it up at customs and take it to the training facility.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this couldn't have come at a better time. Initially we reached out to Huggy you thinking, you know, maybe we could help them, help help a good news story, get Huggies involved, and they gave us one of a great parning offs of all time. As is, they're right, But obviously they will come to root the day and they see, you know, the success of this gesture. But look, if you got it'd be fantastic. We were, we were, we were considering flying them over there. Then I thought it's probably just easy to buy them on the ground in New Zealand. But you're right, Jacko will be getting none of our money, that's for damn sure.
Speaker 2: Well he's probably going to siphon some off anyway.
Speaker 3: We've just got as a concern.
Speaker 1: We've just had a costco open up here in New Zealand. I feel like that's probably the way to go in terms of buying in bulk. Don't why don't we take our ut It's a nineteen ninety six Ford falcon yute sacked out. We have to take it to a dodgy workshop to get the regio over here. But why don't we take that out to Costco get meters times tackles times a fuck load worth of nappies and then drive them out to South Auckland and deliver them and deliver them to muna mitch from across the ditch when he gets back.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a fantastic idea now, where if you can give us the details of this, Costco happy to, we'll get on the front foot and make the purchase for you and then just have it all set up so you guys can come and pick it up.
Speaker 1: I think, I think that this is this could be fruitful for all involved. If not on the back of the yet we also have a caravan where we commentate sports out of the back of we could probably you know, potentially empty that out fillet with a metric fuck town of nappies and what wipes was it?
Speaker 3: Well? Look, I just feel like wet whites are. If you're going to be changing nappies, there's a very big change. You can be covered in shit, and not just any shit, it's new baby shit, which is the most potent of all shits. At least from my experience, so you probably want to have at least a healthy dose of wipes in there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, what here's what I think we do. I think we put a pen in this and take it offline. We'll see that if we've got any connections over the side of the Dutch that could potentially help out. You know, we scratch the e bec, they scratch our beck, we scratch your beck.
Speaker 2: Sort of situation.
Speaker 1: Love that, and if we can't, then other option as we get the Hello's book credit card, run it through the wall at Costco and happy.
Speaker 3: Families sounds fantastic. And listen, I mean, I don't know what our next couple of weeks look like. I'm not going to commit to it. But if there's a world where we may be hop on a flight and get over there and deliver them with you, then I'm just keeping all options open at this point because I want to see mana Mitch from across the ditch Shaddy Navies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we all do, and so anything that we can do to help make that happen, We'll just keep our eyes up over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: For joining us on the podcast today, Tom, go well, enjoy your state of origin football quick prediction for the score.
Speaker 3: Tonight, New South Wales by a fuck load. To be honest, Game one we basically wanted a man down. Game two it was a fuckload, and then Game three, I'm just feeling it. There's a lot of positive vibes in the air here in New South Wales and whilst you know positive vibes, have you know turned up to be incorrect vibes in the past. I'm just I'm feeling it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll check.
Speaker 1: I know we've got different betting apps across the ditch, over your side and outside, but I'll check our betting partner and see if they've got a market for New South Wales by a fuckload. Enjoy, enjoy the game tonight, mate, and we'll be in touched to see if we can't get these new match perfect.
Speaker 3: Great to talk with you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well again, a massive thank you to Tom Birmingham for coming on the podcast this afternoon. Depending on when you're listening to this, enjoy the commentary live on Skysport nine.
Speaker 2: It'll be live from ten o'clock. Die and Ben Hurley.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this on the Thursday morning, keep an eye out for another podcast later tomorrow afternoon. Thursday afternoon and time travel gets a little bit squarely, but either way, we'll be back on a Thursday afternoon for another episode of the Mad Monday podcast