Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gudens Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra, the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for the first of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting nonsense and clap trap, brought to you by Export of Ultra.
Speaker 1: I pinch it a punchline, yeh of the month halfway through the year. Yeah, what did you deal with the first six months? Anything productive?
Speaker 3: No? No, I don't think so. I think we did a lot. We did a lot. I think we did a lot.
Speaker 4: I can't remember any of it. Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: We were in Wellington just last week and I was like, why do I feel like I've been here before because we were there a couple of months before.
Speaker 3: And we're in Deneeda on Thursday. We are in Dunedin for the Kensington pregame. This we've got an announcement on that. Yes, so we're at the Kensington from midday on Saturday for the biggest pregame in Donedan. With Export Ultra. We've got a since the Kensington's a little bit way away from the stadium, we've got the Richies Export Express, which is a Richie bus all branded up in Export Ultra. But he's the kicker. The driver is Richie Muwanga. Oh it's back in New Zealand. Yeah, so he's back. Richie Mo's back and he is going to be helping us shift fans from them from the.
Speaker 4: Pub to the stadium to so bar the stem a steamer. Yeah perfect. Does he have his heavy transport license? Who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 3: But the Richie's Export Express get into it this week. If you're in Dunedin or you're keetting down to Dunedin midday on Saturday, we're also going to be there Friday night and we're going to be We've got a few flat drops. I think we've got some leader in zed southern fried chicken toppers to drop off at flats. Maybe a few beverages as well perhaps, and then on the Saturday the pregame getting into it.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a big weekend supplementary question.
Speaker 1: You're on a is he going to bring his boots because we could probably deal with them out there.
Speaker 4: Old Richie I didn't think that.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'd rather see him on the field than driving our coach.
Speaker 4: But it didn't get picked. So you know, that's on Razor and the beneficiaries are us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, so the Kensington I was thinking maybe we should do some airport transfers as well, because that's dangerously far away. Yeah, Dunedin does not have an airport, Momona does.
Speaker 4: How far can Richie be bothered driving?
Speaker 3: This is I don't know that the exact details are about what that, but that would be quite good. But I think we've got the Richie's Export Express for the entire week, so we can just do it for the flat drops as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah well, oh yeah, there a nightmare if we've got a flat tire up Castle Street. I drove over a bottle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there would be good. And then Richie May is out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the second All Black that I've ever heard of driving a bus. First as my uncle Billy Bush, uncle Kenny, he drives a bus.
Speaker 4: For the All Blacks when over there down there in christ Church. Oh nice, Yeah, runs of the family. The athletic potential that you see non.
Speaker 3: Have you got your HT? Have you got your or? Is it a transport license? Is that the mass transport license?
Speaker 1: You have to get your endorsement, which means you can carry passengers, and then I believe you have to have your heavy transport.
Speaker 3: License as well. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure someone will correct us because they love to get bogged down on the mind you shir big story over the weekend presidential debates. Lane, everyone's talking about it. I went to the gym this morning. I mean I go quite often, but this morning I went and there was a lady there talking about the presidential debates loudly and across the thing. She goes, surely his wife would have Biden's wife would have said something to him like you're too much of a zombie to be going out there on that stage. Then she goes, imagine him coming towards you wanted to have sex.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was looking at my mate like, holy shit, this is at seven thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: And she's thinking about Biden in the sack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seven thirty in the morning. Aggressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't watch any of it, to be honest, I didn't watch any of it. I saw a meme about them comparing their golf games, which I thought was probably the most amusing, like I'm the better golfer, the better I don't know, I don't know what Biden sounds like. You sound like a zombie, ditary old man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you think about like ninety years old or the mid to late eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they should just decide the election in a long drive competition, like put your nuts, ye, put your nuts on the line.
Speaker 4: Trump, we have them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we reckon.
Speaker 1: I've seen videos of Trump swinging a golf club. It's ugly, but it's effective. You know those old boys out on the golf course where you like, how does that work?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: What don't they just don't to do a three hole playoff? Then for the presidency.
Speaker 4: I don't think Biden could get around three holes? Could he?
Speaker 3: He really begged himself on the debate. He reckon. He was a bit of golfer than Trump.
Speaker 1: Good, they're just saying shit. He's a fun fact for you, Belle. Clinton is younger than both of those candidates.
Speaker 4: He was elected in nineteen ninety two as a young Bill Clinton right now is younger than both of them, and he was elected in nineteen ninety two. He probably beat them both in golf too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably would.
Speaker 4: Does that range. So I reckon because I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Sure Bushwood as well. George Bush was a good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he was. There's that great clip of him talking about how we must stamp out terrorism wherever we find it in the world's strive and I love who crushed it as well, crushed it, lit it up.
Speaker 1: So I think there's a minimum age requirement to be president over there.
Speaker 4: Think it's like forty, there should be a maximum age.
Speaker 3: Is there a minimum age?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's a bit age, just, isn't it it is?
Speaker 4: Having said that, do you want a twenty one year old run the country? Watching the clips of that debate, Yeah, maybe that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Maybe get Jojo Siwah up there, you know. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's the guy from June maybe worked at the end withthy shell may Oh. I just found out the other day is actually my age? I thought he was like seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. Anyway, I mean it's gonna unravel. I do like Trump's approach, though, because his calls for Biden to be sacked and replaced because he's basically a walking zombie. Yeah, but he's now coming out going there is no better man to be up agains because he knows that he's falling a bits and if they replace him, that's the worst case scenario for Trump. So now he's coming out saying how much he loves them.
Speaker 4: You leave that guy in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are massively pro on this podcast. I think people may have forgotten, and I'd like to remind you, or if you're new to this podcast, it's because Biden signed off on an agreement. Yes, that moved the seventeenth eighteenth NRL franchise to Papua New Guinea was christ Church.
Speaker 4: It was going to be. They were talking about christ Church. Yeah, but then the Landis and old Sleepy Joe Sleepy Joe teed up, struck up a deal and as part of their like a retaliation against Chinese expansion into the Pacific, they're going to put a rugby league team and pap on New Guinea.
Speaker 1: And so he's absolutely screwed our Sleepy Joe. So we're pro Trump. There's a big pro Trump podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's the small there's a smaller strex on the pro Trump. I must admit it's just to do with that one maneuver, geopolitical maneuver.
Speaker 4: We're anti Biden. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, he's also going to bring back clean Cole, so I'm looking forward to that one. It's balled across the weekend there was only one game that anyone really cared about, and it's that the Warriors one.
Speaker 4: We're back, We're all aboard the train.
Speaker 3: Just when we were just about to kick off, and I had all that T shirts read go, I had the artwork ready to go.
Speaker 4: I was just.
Speaker 3: About to send on ordering. You know, two thousand Warriors supporters support group T shirts. And what do they do? Turn around and hump the Broncos.
Speaker 4: And they looked incredible as well.
Speaker 3: When you say look incredible, they also they literally looked incredible with those halves. It's mighty Martin and Chanelle Harris Tavita, Yeah, a couple of absolute dream boats at.
Speaker 4: Six and seven yeah, and good looking yeah.
Speaker 3: And Jesscott's and they and you know, they're the kind of guys who know it and that's why they're so good, you know what I mean, Like they've got the BDC.
Speaker 4: Oh for a good looking person, there's so much easier.
Speaker 3: So there you go. I mean it was good to watch, but I mean, look, you take the win. It was a pre depleted Broncos team post Origin.
Speaker 4: Yes, so that will take it. We will take it.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much to read into that, but me and Ben Hurley will go over that one on the Mad Monday podcast.
Speaker 4: Later on today.
Speaker 1: We got a bit of feedback on Instagram and it said, please remove Kezy ed Me and I from Warrior's commentary.
Speaker 4: Have not won a game with those two commentary. That's true.
Speaker 1: Well, I did a deep dive. I have commentated seven Warriors games. Yes, we have lost six of those. Seven of those seven, I've commentated four of those with Chris. So yes, great, we have not won a game with me and Chris commentating. Of those seven that I've commentated with, lost six, we only won one.
Speaker 3: Okay, good news for the fans out there this Saturday. For the Doggies, it's Dyeingwood and Ben Hurley and it's the it's the double head before the All Blacks too.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, well, thank god. That's that's a good that's a good omen. I wonder if the TB a factoring that into the.
Speaker 4: We can talk.
Speaker 3: Maybe we took Carlos Friday on.
Speaker 4: The sports Yeah, see see what he reckons.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break here and then we'll get back into some more actual sport. Actually we're gonna stick with rugby league too, so we'll be back in a second. One of my favorite highlights from across the weekend. In fact, my favorite highlight from across the weekend came from the New.
Speaker 4: South Wales Cup YEP.
Speaker 1: One of the weird things about the Warriors is our New South Wales Cup team is excellent. It's packed full of great players. Were dominating the competition. You got tanged to a pick. He's still playing a pike. He's playing down there. Bunty l four played for them on the weekend to start the season. To mighty Martin was playing for them, like it's an outrageous team that we've got down there. Three players were sent off in the Warriors vers Raiders New South Wales Cup game this weekend. It was outrageous and it started with Corey Hawsbrough, who's played many years in the NRL. Big red dude, Yes, big redhead dude. What a surprise. So he hid butted Jacob Laban on the way to try and score a try. Yeah, then there was like a peck and go. Jacob Laban tried to make a tackle. Cory hawsbro was just seeing red by the stage. He starts throwing punches at Jacob Laban and Laban just took them.
Speaker 4: You've seen the footage. He's smiling.
Speaker 3: He got the head bart and he's like, what are you doing? And then the ginger Ninja rage came over and he helped him with a terrible punch that just glazed his cheek. Well, there were like two or three, and then he was laughing at him, mate, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was laughing at him as the guy was punching him. So then a bunch of people start running in third and fourth man and blah blah blah blah blah. Roof blows the whistle. They settle everyone down. Then they have a quick down to the bunker and then they make their their judgment and the riff goes Ken Jacob not Ken Laban, Jacob lurban is he related, I don't know, You're gone send them off?
Speaker 3: And he's like, I got punched. I got head battered and punched and and now I'm off. And I didn't react because he was great because if you see his reaction, he goes he looked around and goes.
Speaker 4: Me, yeah, me, I'm off. I just got lit up, got Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: And then he got it up and then the guy came in to protect him apparently through a punch. Yes, he got sent.
Speaker 1: Third man, and they're very harsh on but surely the first person to go would have should have been Corey.
Speaker 3: He did go, Yeah, he did. Eventually the third one he went.
Speaker 1: But it's like, what what are you supposed to do? He This is literally what they're trying to say is don't throw punches. So one of the guys throwing punches you get bin for retaliating in that situation. He didn't retaliate. No, so what's he supposed to do in that situation? I think if I see that I'm an NRL player, I'm like, fuck it, I'm throwing.
Speaker 3: Then I'm going to throw down, Yeah, because there's no lot. You don't get away with it for not And I had a feeling Laban may have been ahead the upper hand. No, maybe the upper hand if they were going to throw hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think Jacob Laban would have looked at that and gone, I'm on the fringes of this Warriors squad. I'm one injury away from playing the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: In first grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to throw a punch and get suspended for six weeks. So I'm going to stay here and do the right thing. Then he gets sent off anyway. So now if I'm him, I'm coming back in and I'm just throwing down first, head up. I'm not even I'm just throwing the ball at a guy and I'm just lighting them up.
Speaker 4: Like fuck it.
Speaker 3: I'm already out go full mark guy, Yeah, exactly, just full play the ball and then just swing.
Speaker 1: I think that's the president that's now been set in the NRL. You're just gonna have to swing because there's nothing else. You've got no other recourse. You're going to get sent off anyway.
Speaker 3: You'll get the integrity unit will get coming to play.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: Way, I love the NRL Integrity Unit. New Zealand is starting up their own integrity unit. I don't know who's commissioned this. Yeah, so they have.
Speaker 3: I got a press release in my inbox and I'll read the start of it. I was confused about why it got sent to me.
Speaker 4: Who sent it?
Speaker 3: It was Riley Hodson. I don't know who that is. I think it's basically a PR person.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: Yes, So here's what's happening in New Zealand. The Sports Integrity Commission Takahu ruin Nui opens its doors. Today marks a significant milestone for sport and recreation in New Zealand with the official launch of Sports Integery Commission. Rebecca Rolls is going to be the first chief executive. Now what does it cover. It's safeguard participants in sports and recreation are right, it's emerging of several The Commission, a newly established independent Crown entity, is tasked with promoting and protecting the safety and well being of participants and the fairness of competition in the Sport and Recreation Center. Anti doping services will included INZADA. Yeah, antidoping service, testing and educatation will now fall via It will be provided by the Commission. They'll also deal with complaints.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: If you've got any complaint.
Speaker 4: About sports from the public or from within the sport.
Speaker 3: If the warrior aren't performing, write a letter. Okay, I feel blacks ship the bed, write a letter. If you don't like this podcast, write them a letter.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, the Sport and Recreation Complaints and Mediation Services is now part of the Commission, So there we go. And I don't know what else. So it's anti doping, anti competition, manipulation, anti corruption, and supporting positive integrity outcomes amongst sport and recreation providers.
Speaker 1: So if I get drunk and walk into the wrong flat, Nie McDonald's on their.
Speaker 3: Couch, read what Rebecca Roles is coming for you. Rebecca Roles is going to roll into town and yeah.
Speaker 1: She's gonna roll me. If so, then INZADA has been brought into that. Has that been a thing before New Zealand Anti Doping Agency?
Speaker 4: I haven't heard of it.
Speaker 3: Obviously, we're either very clean, clean, clean athletes, yeah, or or they're not testing that.
Speaker 1: Much because I am not aware of a doping policy in Super rugby one hundred. I've certainly never heard of someone be suspended for it in super rogue. We have it in the NRL all the time. I think a dude just got done for it the other day. Oh, Michael Jennings just came back from it. Bronson Sherry this.
Speaker 3: Year, just for a weekend in Bali and come back and.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Bronson Scherry came back from a four year ban for doping. Yeah, during during those four years, I'm sure he was clean when he was outside of the competition. Never heard, never heard of a player get done for doping in rugby here in New Zealand, and boy do we outperform our expectations here in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm not saying we've got a very robust talent management system and we breed great ruggy players.
Speaker 4: That's it, don't we Yep.
Speaker 1: Despite having no genetic advantage in the smaller pool than anywhere else, that you need.
Speaker 3: An advantage because I'm you know, Polynesian and very kept at athletes, and there's a lot a lot of them living in New Zealand a year.
Speaker 4: You know. That's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I think you're reading into that. But I'm looking forward to the New Zealand's Integery Unit hiring whitewash investigations. Oh yes, they'll be. They will be rubbing their hands because whitewash have they would have been contracted to so many different government departments to whitewash. Now they just have to.
Speaker 4: Deal with old Rosy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Rosie, Okay, Let's let's roll this into one open intended and let's sort out a retainer for whitewash and will you'll have us on call anytime?
Speaker 1: Going to be sizable? The retainer because the things that we're you know, whitewashing. Yeah, they could really bring us to our knees as a country, I think obviously if you don't know about whitewashed investigations.
Speaker 4: They were brought in when the Shield debacle.
Speaker 3: Was going on, not known as the ramfully resin.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Ranfilly risin. Turns out it could have just been plaster, Yeah that was used, or risin.
Speaker 3: That looked dangerously like cocaine.
Speaker 4: But anyway, when one of the South African players was accused of racism going into the World Cup Rugby Grand Final, I've never heard anything about that.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, No whitewash came in. That was probably some of their best work. That's enough of that. That's enough of that, and then we never heard anything more about it.
Speaker 1: And that's only the stuff that we do know about for white washing investigations. What else don't we know that white washing investigations have swept under the car?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well their head office is in Sydney, so that reads into a lot in terms of the NRL. Yeah, so they are they're busy, busy organization.
Speaker 1: Rumors are that they brought in the no fault stand down in the AFL yes, we can test positive for drugs and then stood down. He stood down here as like a pre emptive drug test.
Speaker 3: Yes, Samon and I he's out. He's out with a tight hamstring, yeah, slash saw nostrils.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then it's like, oh, what did he actually do?
Speaker 4: It's killing my maltis every week.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm interested to does the Integrity Unit cover podcasts as well?
Speaker 3: That could be for U, Yeah, that it could be. I mean we've had a lot of criticism about being just sports adjacent. Yeah you know, and that's fine. Look good cop to that, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing from the Integrity Unit. And in Zada they do they drug tse podcasts certainly not football. We're going to get Pony on tomorrow, yes, to talk Euros. But can I just can we have to pat ourselves on the back. Do you know what our agenda tip was on Friday Germany?
Speaker 4: And it came in six dollars fifty.
Speaker 3: Six fifty and that has taken the that's taken our kidy over one thousands. So we're going to give that away this week. So I mean, look, we get criticism for not knowing anything and you know, sometimes it pays off when you just throw some mud at the wall, like a two year old Germany victory and that's them through to the quarters. So they're through the quarterfinals. So is England and they're going to play Switzerland in the quarterfinal. But England classic England man, they just they terrorize their fans. They're playing Slovakia. One time they scored two goals in the ninety first minute and in the ninety fifth minute they scored to win two to one and go to the quarters.
Speaker 4: One of them are bicycle kick. I understand. They say you only get one chance.
Speaker 3: So it's insane like the English, No wonder, English fans are so crazy because the emotional rollercoaster they have to go through. Yeah, with that team. So it's getting interesting now because we're at the final round of sixteen. We're into the quarterfinals. So get Piney on tomorrow just to get us the oil on that. I wonder if because Spain where they were drawing one all with with either one for one, they were drawing one all with Georgia for quite a significant amount of that game, but obviously came back and humped them.
Speaker 1: Unlucky Georgia aut less you get a beautiful country to go back to in not in the Euros, but over in the US.
Speaker 4: Did you see this video of a block by the name of Jamal Tiari. You must own that role, I hope.
Speaker 1: So he stole the ball from the goalkeeper and scored, oh yes, to win the game too to one for Atlanta United over Toronto FC. So there was the goalkeeper got the ball. This guy just ducked off behind the goal and he was drunk.
Speaker 3: He was stalking him like a lioness stalking an antelope, you know, when staying out of his vision. He was moving with him behind him, making sure that he couldn't see him.
Speaker 1: And the goalkeeper completely unaware of him, his bounce and the ball, and he was like indicating to his plat, gesturing to his players.
Speaker 4: To like, go down the field, go down the field, because they I reckon. They must have been screaming at him, there's a guy behind you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the crowd was screaming so loud as well, so he couldn't heal it that And he's like, yeah, all good, all good, Just get down the field, Just get down the field and win the hoof it. Then he throws the ball out in front of him. This gud dude just comes out nicked the goal.
Speaker 4: Game. That is the howla to end all howlers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a that's that's a game of two halves.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: Next question, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: One pause?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could see him, you could see it in his mind, the way when he was behind him, he was moving his head just to stay behind the goalkeeper and goal rolled it down to kick it, and then she was all over.
Speaker 4: There's a guy in NBA has made a career out of doing that. He hides on the bench or in the crowd, because you know how the crowd an NBA game is right on the sideline. Alvarado is his name. They called him Grand Theft Alvarado.
Speaker 1: And he just stands on the bench or in the crowd and then runs out and steals.
Speaker 4: The ball of it. It's just like that. It's exactly what it looked like.
Speaker 3: And other football news, since we're like, since we're slowly gaining momentum in the round ball, gaining the respectives all whitesh for one winners over Vanuatu in the Oceania Nations Cup the OFC a year, so I mean I thought was sponsorble OnlyFans, but everyone's saying a lot of people who kids, they're playing van Fiji, you know, in New Guinea Caledonia there. But it's what's quite important here is that I think in the next World Cup or maybe the next one after, I'm not too sure. This is where we fall down in the round bowl. There isn't going to be an automatic qualification for Oceania because at the moment, if you win Oceania, you've got to go and play the fourth place South American team, which is usually like Costa Rica or Mexico, and that's a tough that's a tough away home.
Speaker 4: And Costa Rica playing the All Blacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there to expand the FIFA World Cup, they're going to give Oceania an automatic qualification. Is Australia Ocean No, they moved to Asia. They moved to Asia because they thought it would be an easier road and it is for them really because I think they have to play the Middle East and through Asia and they they constantly qualify through that channel because they gave up Oceania because the South American roots too hard.
Speaker 4: Now what left us on that?
Speaker 3: And now we don't want them to suddenly change and come back to Oceania because they can get.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a very Australian thing to do.
Speaker 3: They have to stay in Asia.
Speaker 1: They'd come back and be like, well, actually, if you look at the tectonic blokes, we are in ocean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look well, I mean we abandoned you, you know, many years ago. But look no, so that's good news for us that if we can keep dominating there. And there's a few there's a few Auckland Football Club Aukland City Football Club players and the all whites there black Knights, Yeah, the black Knights who scored there. So I'm interested to see the Black Knights how they go. I'm all in, I'm all in.
Speaker 4: I am to.
Speaker 3: I need to be actually just just for my own sporting knowledge stake, I need to get them behind something football And yeah, they happen to be down the road.
Speaker 1: So piney on tomorrow we'll talk a bit of euros just quickly before we go to yours.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 1: The Snacker Changy Sports Scholarship is underway at the moment we're binge watching.
Speaker 4: Sport actually is a sport. We're about to announce our first winner of the Scholarship. I believe, Yes we are.
Speaker 3: We got the winner.
Speaker 1: No, not yet, but to enter chip to enter text chip to three two three six. Follow the link you could be in to win the Ultimate ACC Prize.
Speaker 4: Back. Of course, we've got Snacker changing chips. Yep, A few refreshments. Few refreshments, will drop them off to your house. Yeah, so good luck to your Text chip to three two three six to enter the Snacker Chany Sports Scholarship.
Speaker 3: There's no rigorous, no hopes you have to jump through it. Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: You don't have to prove your athletic prowess.
Speaker 3: No, well, I mean all we're saying is, you know we're binge watching. Sport is a sport, so why what else would you not into that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely so do that text chip to three two three six while we take a break. We'll be right back with yours.
Speaker 2: Please, yours please, brought to you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 1: As usual on a Monday. We have plenty to get through. I think there's about nine of them at the moment. Just before we do, we had one that I wanted to play, but the audio was just too muffled. Bloke by the name of Josh, Josh, you send us in a request for time off. Because this is a new initiative we've started. We're giving away fake prizes so that you can get time away from your family, your partner, whatever it is, whoever, your boss, whoever it is that you need to give an excuse to.
Speaker 4: We will give away fake tickets to you. Yep.
Speaker 1: On the podcast, you can play that audio to whoever. Josh sent one through. It sounded very muffled. I suspect who's hiding from his partner to send this message in. I couldn't hear what the tickets were that he wanted to send that one. And again, Josh will be more than happy to do it. I think he's under a blanket. Here to help, here to help, Yeah, first call he please.
Speaker 3: I'd just like to shout out to that one backbone.
Speaker 7: You've got sixty five feral cats on one for Operty in the feral cat competition. What a bloody backbone you get on your mate?
Speaker 3: Bloody red eye shot? Yeah, that's right, it was the It was the bunny shoot, was it? And they heard a stray cat category down and feral cat was Southland.
Speaker 4: It sounds like something.
Speaker 3: It's in the Southold. Yes, I think it's that they killed a couple of hundred stray cats. Yeah, one wild cats whatever they were.
Speaker 1: One guy, I got sixty five. How many of those were actually pets?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't like cats, so hopefully sixty four of them.
Speaker 4: If I set that over under at three. How many of those cats do you think? Well?
Speaker 3: I heard I heard the organizer of the competition on it, and they said they were only shot in the bush and out the back of farms. So if your cat, if you're if your suburban cat is pisting around a farm or a bush, then you're not a very good owner. You're not looking after that cat.
Speaker 4: If you get a bush in your front yet, well, it's going.
Speaker 3: To get his headline off the shock, an't it. They're killing native bodsman, and I I know that, I know.
Speaker 4: That it is disgusting, but I just like the thing. What do they do with the pelts?
Speaker 1: Oh, you couldn't count we one, You couldn't make something out on good. I mean, sixty five is enough.
Speaker 4: But now he's starting a boot leg market, you know, a black market, black market and cat peal cat pelts. The people would be breeding them for their fooit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'd be like the Grouella devil walking around.
Speaker 4: In sixty five kittens.
Speaker 6: Call here yours please, Hey fellers, love your work, love your podcast. Just something trivial, just going to pull you up on the all Blacks train for sillies. They're an upper heart, not lower heart, as they would claim. Try and claim my Brewtown, Trent and racecourse. But just try and put your right on that one. Yeah, Fox South Canterbury, fuck you, and I if you're hating on motorsport, fuck you, Dulaney.
Speaker 3: How did I cop the straight for that? Speaking of motorsport, the Formula one on the weekend, Yeah, high drama, high drama.
Speaker 4: Let someone got overtaken on the track.
Speaker 3: Norris and Vias Strappan crashed with a couple of laps to go. They were racing, uh you know, toe to toe, and then there's an arguments about who questioned who. They both got knocked out and comes through George Russell from behind. You was just watching in the corner working off, and he came through, took it out.
Speaker 4: Stephen b Yeah, Oscar.
Speaker 3: Pierrestre came sick, and then calisains. It's so good to mix it up, yeah, absolutely, but to have a strap On. Apparently he's been accused of just ramming into Orlando Norris. Norris's I think the strap On accused Norris. It's great stuff.
Speaker 4: I love our drama. It's yeah, they get mixed up, but we want to apologize for getting mixed up between Lower and Upper Hut. Can we just call that valley just yea?
Speaker 1: I know, but this is the thing about places around New Zealand. There's such a better rivalry between these places. If you're from Upperhart, you'd have been, like, I'd much be much better from Lower Hat, would you.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why Waterfront?
Speaker 3: Well maybe it's Patony lower Hat.
Speaker 4: Patoni is lower Hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although I'm sure now someone's going to ring and it's not. That's actually its own thing and it's.
Speaker 3: Pronounced that now.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, anyway, but I would rather not be from either of those places.
Speaker 4: But thank you very much for your Eastbourne.
Speaker 3: Is that is that still counted as being in the valley Eastbourne? It's kind of aide out the side of the harbor. Okay, all those places, no I call here yours?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 8: Good a fellas Mikel's along here. Hey, I'm just looking to see if there was any plans in the future to extinge your commentary towards the n PC or New South Wales cups.
Speaker 3: Uh South Canterbury. I like how he questioned himself there, Mike Cox, long should I say it's happened to me?
Speaker 1: Like Mike's got no problem with the region. He just wanted to say that because that's what he thought do.
Speaker 3: But it sounded like he was he was reading an auto auto Q and it had a question mark on.
Speaker 4: South he got ron Bergen. Yes, by the way, let's throw it open to any other region that you want to slag off. Doesn't just have to be South Genery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, commentating New South Wales cap probably not.
Speaker 4: I think we'll commentate that, would commentate that fight again.
Speaker 3: Yeah absolutely, I'd commentate in PC finals, but every week MPC is is tough.
Speaker 4: It's tough enough for us to get through to rugby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lelane, m PC and NRL.
Speaker 4: And as we've found out, I've only commentated one Warriors win this year? Do you want me to bring that down into the New South Wales Cup? Ruin that as well?
Speaker 3: Look, if a sponsor wants to come on and because it's not a cheap exercise commentating live sports, So if you've got a sponsor there. He wants to cover where we will.
Speaker 4: Be up for it.
Speaker 1: Brendan the Chainsaw Laney commentates the Heartland games. I don't know if they're going to broadcast them this year, but last year they broadcast one game per round. It was commentating South care Enery game in Tamurka there. I can't remember who they were planning gets. Someone got a serious injury. I think it was a spinal injury. Yes, but they had run out of ads and for twenty minutes, Chainsaw had to just pad for twenty straight minutes commentating the heartlet I was like you.
Speaker 4: Paul Barstard.
Speaker 1: It got to the point where they there was a game of touch that broke out on the sideline between some kids. He started commentating that nice for about fifteen minutes that eventually the ambulance came cleared the thing out and then they got back underway.
Speaker 3: I know what's I know what that feels like. After that dB conference when I had to delay for the for the for the porfity, yeah, the Katakia and I had to pair it and I was struggling and I only got told to paid ten minutes. I made it to five. Yeah, it's a fellow us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They got to five and they were like, give him out, bunnet, get this go out out another call here yours please.
Speaker 9: I'm concerned. I was cut off at the end of the last message for the most important part, which is fuck South Canterbury and fucked fuck, fucked why Maddie.
Speaker 3: He's got a great voice that got yeah, but it sounds like he should he's a voice over artist.
Speaker 4: Sounds like PETI goal.
Speaker 1: I've loaded those in the wrong way because he's got another voicemail, which I'm hoping is this next one that may not be But call here yours.
Speaker 3: Booz Glaane Maniah.
Speaker 9: I've listened to you both long enough now to know you're not the best punters, particularly you Jlaane Ah. Suddenly, in the time I've been listening, I know you've made a pretty sizable donation to the tab. Let's not put a number on it, but it's a good chunk of money. Can we take some of their money? And by Carl and microphone for the Friday podcast. Jesus fucking Christ, is he calling in from a fucking no kid twenty to eighty?
Speaker 4: Fuck up? It's even funny that we played those out of warders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, funny, Yeah, you're right, we should get Carla microphone. And that's a good caull.
Speaker 4: He does it from Wellington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've got various different limitations on our own capability here in the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, he does deserve one.
Speaker 3: Hey, and you know what, deep throat my prediction on Friday, if you follow me and on the Germney too, Neil, you would have won yourself a decent amount of money. So you know what in the three way, let's not talking about the three way because I nailed my leg, so Carl has nailed his leg.
Speaker 4: I was wrong for the right reasons.
Speaker 1: I picked the Dolphins to win because I thought that Ben Hunt and Zach Lomex wouldn't back up from origin.
Speaker 4: I was right, but they still lost. Caun't win them all away, can't. But yeah, all right, we'll send the mic down to Carl. Another call here, yours please.
Speaker 3: Good fellas bend Over.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say on your dictator chat Paul Pott, you know he was a great Newsylander. He just like to roll in the tanks, which I thought was that was yeah, really showing them what's up.
Speaker 3: That was that was good. He's more tank by any pop pop.
Speaker 4: Well, he would just walk.
Speaker 1: Dudes past the tank and if they were taller than it. But you did, yeah, oh you got glasses.
Speaker 4: Yeah you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you went you finishedhigh school? Yeah, you're did.
Speaker 4: The irony was he himself was one of those thirts. He had glasses. He finished it. He went to university in France.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he learned all these Marxist communist ideals, brought them back.
Speaker 4: It was just like, I'm going to be the only educated dude here.
Speaker 3: Yep, rest of you, I'm gonna drive a tank.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. He wasn't a poisoner.
Speaker 3: I got Yeah, I got called the pole pot of commercial radio when I was in charge of Radio Head.
Speaker 4: Yes you did, which I thought that was unfair.
Speaker 1: I think it stuck with you too, because someone's miss mentioned that on Instagram recently, the pole pot.
Speaker 4: Of commercial radio. You're just lining up announcers and executing them against carts.
Speaker 3: We're just driving tanks into the workplace. He had rises above the pulpit.
Speaker 4: Adam's got glasses. Actually he's notice that. Another caller here her was pleased.
Speaker 5: Captain ask Greb here, I know you guys put out a disclaimer that you know nothing of the round ball, but Jesus Christ, you've said that Georgia have knocked Portugal out.
Speaker 3: I knew this was going to Portugal still topped the group.
Speaker 4: You're idiots.
Speaker 5: And then you've gone and claim that Germany Denmark is a nothing game. It's the first round of sixteen game. Come on, you need an expert on the panel, idiots.
Speaker 3: I knew this was going to come back to bite us, and because when I was talking about it, and then I went away and I it was I read an article. I was like, oh, ship, Portugal still top of the group. There's gonna be some blowback on that.
Speaker 4: We've got a bit outside of our crease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. And then and then I saw the Germany with the actual first round of sixteen was gainst Denmark, and I said that it was gonna be nothing game, extreme, you're going to win too nil, and they.
Speaker 4: Did and it was a nothing.
Speaker 3: Look, we'll get better, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we will. No, well, we just need to stay well and Trilli in our lane on these things.
Speaker 3: Do you think us completely just completely fucking up round ball chat? Is endearing us to the round ball fans or angering them. Should we just stay away?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I've already I feel like it's having this effect that I have on motor games fans.
Speaker 4: It really just grates them.
Speaker 3: I'm going to convert you to motor games. I'm gonna. I'm trying to. I'm trying to get it. I'm trying to sort out a trip to Bethurist and to the Formula Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. Yeah, see, I reckon.
Speaker 3: It'll change your mind when you go, when you go to one of these big events like the Formula One. I like the sale GP. Yeah, so you're assailants into it. Yeah, I think I can converte you.
Speaker 4: I think you black fails over there in Barcelona. I like cars. I was just racing anything as I find who.
Speaker 3: No one watches the racing. You just got along for the event. Yeah right, so that's okay. I think I can converte you to motor Games.
Speaker 1: Having said that, no, because I do know people who would watch every lap of Bathurst or just the v it's every Sunday and just be like, hang on, sorry, I'm just watching the thing. If you don't mind, mate, I was just sitting inside.
Speaker 4: He's watching every lap.
Speaker 3: I think there. I think that's also people who want to spend time away from their family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was usually like family gatherings of barbecues or something.
Speaker 3: And they're in the garage just crushing.
Speaker 4: I'll leave him alone. He's watching his bloody VA.
Speaker 3: He's into it, and really he's watching you like you know.
Speaker 1: The other thing that really put me off is all of my mates who've got massively into Formula one after Drive to survive.
Speaker 4: Off. You're not into Formula one.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like full swing though. And golf now people are quite into golf and they think they're into the players and they know.
Speaker 4: Who the players. That's yeah. Anyway, I hope you can convert me another call here yours please?
Speaker 2: How good were those Dark and Stormies on the Wednesday lunch time?
Speaker 4: What a great lunchtime?
Speaker 7: Still can't get amber talking about pictures of Dick though, How fucking good.
Speaker 3: But it's obviously someone who's at the dB conference.
Speaker 4: What a massive like inside inside job that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, because they see how Dark and Stormy's at lunchtime. They were good, they can they can seven per centers. They were good and then and then also I think a member of the management team was introducing another management team. His name was his first name was Deak and not Richard, by the way, No, not Richard, straight up Dick, straight Dick. Yeah, and roared one line she delivered which I so immaturely just completely lost it on when she said, here's some interesting facts about Dick, and I fucking lost it, and I was I was side of stage and making sure I wasn't my mic wasn't on, and I was in hysterics. And then and then she goes and here's another photo of Dick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a photo of Dick.
Speaker 3: And I was then again, I was like.
Speaker 1: Here's some interesting facts about Dick, and you were laughing around the corner.
Speaker 4: Me and Joe were at the back of the thing. Six dark and Stormy is deep, just clean losing it, very disrespectful, and I'd like to apologize.
Speaker 3: But then I came out and doubled down, and I was introducing the next speaker, and I was like, look, I can't go past the fact those fun facts about Dick.
Speaker 4: Nobody laughed that one got cracked.
Speaker 2: One laughed.
Speaker 4: He's a well respected member of my team.
Speaker 3: Dick he was, he's a great man, and she dicked enjoy his long Yeah he was. He was from Holland and he didn't really like my smock and a pancakeeau either.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't.
Speaker 1: I wonder how he felt about you making dick jokes of them. So anyway, if you'd like to sponsor the a SEC, it should be up for.
Speaker 3: If you want to, you want to see your.
Speaker 4: Conference get in touch. I think we've got one more here, yourspose.
Speaker 6: Good lads chatting about the AC slogan. Shouldn't it be drunk for worse? Giving your habit of turning a massive wind into a giant loss.
Speaker 1: So this was off the back funnily enough of the same conference that their slogan is better for better. That's their internal sort of the north start they're working towards. We thought we don't have that here at the ACC. Drink for Worse.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure drink for Worse is got that aspirational.
Speaker 4: No to it.
Speaker 1: It's not really the north star that we need to orientate ourselves towards.
Speaker 4: Also, very tough for you to relay back to the upper management.
Speaker 3: How about stay breathing.
Speaker 4: It's got purpose, there's lips above water. Yeah, yeah, stay breathing, stay breathing, acc stay breathing as long as we can.
Speaker 3: Just stay alive, barely stay alive.
Speaker 1: But the skin of our teeth. Yeah, okay, I don't mind. That doesn't fill me with confidence, no.
Speaker 4: Fight like l I'm gonna stick with thirsty for better and we can think of it another one.
Speaker 3: I don't agree.
Speaker 1: Drink for worse is gonna do us any favors internally within the business anyway. That'll do us for today tomorrow for all of you Ramble enthusiasts with someone who actually knows what they're talking about, the voice of the Ramble in New Zealand, Jason Pine.
Speaker 4: Until then, we'll see you later on.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Accs, a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you get your podcast