Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gaden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the seventh of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by nextport A Culture.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Julane, although this is not the start of your morning, you were up bright and early filling in for Matt Heath on the brick.
Speaker 3: We'll not filling in. He's gone, isn't it. Yeah, he's gone.
Speaker 4: Burger No, just stepping in for on the Jeremy Well's Breakfast Show Jeremy.
Speaker 3: And Friends, Single and ready to mingle. Yeah, that's right, So you know that it was good. It's good fun.
Speaker 4: Here we gave a guy on how to derail Matt Heath's first day on Z by.
Speaker 3: On different techniques on how to get on air.
Speaker 4: All Well, they take calls in the last twenty minutes of the hour, So from like the forty the topic topic topic interviews and then at forty pass they take callers for twenty minutes. Yeah, and often it's very hard to get callers because if the topic's a bit dry, that one's going to call So you've got to be willing to engage in a really dry topic and be passionate about it. And we called it the burly technique where you dropped the burley and you're shaking the burley and you're letting the fish come.
Speaker 3: That's what Matt's doing. Now, that's what you do as a caller.
Speaker 4: You've got to shake the burley and then the host go, oh yeah, this guy's into talking about this, okay, and then you hit him with the spear gun. And the example we gave them was the Murray Deeka, the famous Marridka one where Caler was talking about the Test match with the All Blacks Australia and talking about the first half and the bench and the weakness of the bench and everything, and he goes, you're exactly right, Kevin, the All Black blah bla blah blah, and then he goes, I'm just one more thing, Mary, you're a ballcunt, and just drop that one in there. So these different techniques, and then we went through the ten Acoto challenge with just repetition, just to.
Speaker 3: Derail it slightly.
Speaker 4: But we wish him all the best, but I mean he's doing well he's got thousands of thousands of fans on the Hidaki that will be tuning in. I'm sure there's going to be some temptation there because the relationship always between the Hidaky audience and the host has been kind of treated mean, keeping keen. You know, there's a lot of abuse goes on some other Mondays, for example, where you just abuse each other. Yeah, and sometimes that can get construed as people being serious.
Speaker 3: So yeah, sure hat translate across the z be well.
Speaker 1: I hope that they do think that they're taking it seriously. It'd be great fodder for the other shows if we do. You know, if people get in there and grenade it then asking he will be like Jesus, listen to what's going on in the afternoon show.
Speaker 3: Have you heard what's going on in there? Your muppet? I mean, there's going to be so many of your muppets, Yeah, coming through, There's going to be a lot.
Speaker 1: They may not even need to chum the waters because I have been a producer for a talkback radio show and the callers that you get through, you just get some of the absolute nutters. There are people who call through every single day and you're their only like lifeline and that you're the only person that they talk to during that day. We had one guy, God bless him, and I felt bad from the first time he called through.
Speaker 3: He said his his wife had just passed away, older gentleman.
Speaker 1: They called him the next day and got on here and imediately said, yeah, my wife's passed away. Then he started lying about so he would call in and I'd be like, oh, yeah, mate, how are you getting on today?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, we're talking about the all blacks at the moment, So if you could just keep it on topic with the all becks, Yeah, yes, sweet, I'll just talk about the all blacks.
Speaker 3: Gets on, Yeah, my wife died a man, what is this at this point?
Speaker 1: Is this some sort of like perversion that you just love telling people the grimmest shit that you could think of.
Speaker 3: And the other one is on well, particularly.
Speaker 1: On sports talkback, if you let a caller get to their second point, it is racist. Every every single one hundred percent of the time, the second point of sports talk back caller is racist. It'll be like, look, the warrior, is that just the the fitness isn't there this season? And I think that's why we're not doing too well, and then has to be like, yeah, that's great, that's a good point. Anything else in your money, guess he'll always inevitably a too many tonguins and they are always they've always had a problem with that.
Speaker 3: You're like, come on, man, just count want he is not be racist. For the second point, I did suggest actually to man. I sent him a text and I said, look, this.
Speaker 4: Will this will make your first show fly. Okay, talk topic. Would a man have crashed that ship eighty I weight hundred eighty ten eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the HMNZ is mono annoying. This is one of the most embarrassing stories. So I think that we've had as a country for quite some time. So we have nominally a navy. It's parked over and Devon bought, which is, you know, a pretty swanky suburban in Auckland. And I couldn't really tell you what it does. Does it ping people for undersized kenner And.
Speaker 3: It's more it's it's more.
Speaker 4: There to patrol our exclusive economic zone. So it's basically to scare away mainly Korean and Chinese fishing boats sure from coming and pillaging our resources. That's mainly what it's for. It's not for any defense in there's no guns on it. It's basically just a patrolling unit.
Speaker 1: And even now and then it goes over to conduct a reef a survey.
Speaker 3: They found the reef method.
Speaker 1: Just like there's massive boats way deeper than any of the boats you've got. We're just swimming around your harbor until we crashed into the fucking thing. That's the most humiliating thing. It just crashed straight. I don't know, they haven't really said what it's crashed into. I suspect we're going to find out it's like the biggest reef in some more that it's just completely destroyed. It burst into flames before sinking. Yeah, that's probably a good thing.
Speaker 4: Actually, you need to get some of it, of some of the diesel that's going to be it's going to be.
Speaker 3: It's not good for somemer Oh my god, can you imagine how fucked off they'd be.
Speaker 1: But you've come over here and then you've just sunk at hundred million dollar boat.
Speaker 4: You can imagine how Remember how angry we were at the boat that ran into the arena, that ran into the arena.
Speaker 3: Live it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Leehart's still talking about it. He's still selling off stuff that he found from the Rena disaster. I know, and then and we've just gone over and done that. It's one of the most embarrassing stories I think as a nation, which would be it should be a shame and we.
Speaker 4: Can have a hond of it because no one died, everyone survived, which was thankfully, no one perished.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: And I saw in one of the stories this morning it was saying it was a controversial decision to evacuate the ship pretty early, but then within an hour the whole thing was sun so it's not controversial.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good decision. He crashed into the reef. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: You can't reverse off it and also only one years could anyway the rest of his might as well jump off. It's only the driver and needs to still be on there. But that is a great idea, Colin, what is it eighty ten eighty? Well just call those Well look, if as Pettel was white, he'd have one hundred testcaps. Let us know your thoughts. Grand Final was on last night. The Grannie disappointed with the Grannie.
Speaker 4: I was hoping and I know you already said on the met and jew shows when it was always going to be a torrid affair some of you probably could have shared with me last week. I was just, you know, I like, I had so many Maltis on that game in terms of anytime, tryscorers, points differential that I thought.
Speaker 3: Surely one of them is going to hit.
Speaker 4: I think I had seven different Maltese running, and stupidly I had at least most of them two try scorers from each team.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was going to be like last year's fine.
Speaker 4: I remember last year's final Brisbane that was a real ding dong high scoring. I was like, fuck, yeah, little did I know it's going to be a torret affair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I knew it was going to be a turgid torret affair. I had a couple on the go as well. They were both hinged on under forty and a half points, which it was the end was sixteen eight, sixteen six, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was. It was tense, turgid. There was a lot of.
Speaker 1: Different a lot of different storylines going on throughout that one. There of course, there was the try no try, which I've seen various different angles of on social media this morning. None of them are conclusive. I do think it was a try. It hit the turf, yeah, so it so did the bunker.
Speaker 3: So did the bunker. And then they said I was sticking with the on field decisions. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then this morning there's another angle that's doing the rounds on social media. But what's misleading about that is so he grounded it initially, then he was held up and the one that's circulating social media this morning is when he was held up right, It's like, yes he was, there is an arm under the ball in that shot, but he scored it before that, and that's the misleading thing. There was also the bite. Oh bit he bite?
Speaker 3: He cam Muncher? Did he bite? Did he not bite?
Speaker 1: This one's always a squirrely one again because like, was he forcing his arm into the guy's mouth? Did can Monster actually bite him?
Speaker 3: I mean, I am if it did happen to I'm with Can Monster. If someone puts something in your mouth, you are within your rights to bite down. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that because if you someone sticks your finger or elbow or something in your mouth.
Speaker 1: What if someone puts their face in front of your fist, are you're allowed to punch them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If they put their nuts in front of your you're throwing bunches and someone walks in to your punch, then they deserve it.
Speaker 3: I'm not that's a fair point. So he just sounds like he has a mouth. That's what's he supposed to do, exactly designed to bite down, he'supposed to just yeah, take it. Maybe a gag reflex kicked in with that arm when him down.
Speaker 1: Well maybe you could definitely tell when he pulled his arm away. There was resistance to him pulling his arm away. But yeah, I know you made this. One's happened quite a few times over the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: They generally get done for biting.
Speaker 1: And like I was saying on the Matt and Jerry Show this morning, hopefully we play the Melbourne Storm early doors next.
Speaker 3: Year and the munch is gone. The munch is gone.
Speaker 4: The problem for us now is for the Kiwis. So you said, Matt and Jewis show, Met's gone. Oh sorry, the Jeremy and the Jeremy and Friends Show. It'll take me a while to adjust to that.
Speaker 1: The big issue that we have now for the Kiwis is that Jerome Hughes looked like he was injured, so he was almost a no show in that game, and he was limping around before that game even played, as Jones had rung Seawan Johnson and said, if on the off chance Hughes gets injured, would you be available for the Kiwis? And just last week Sewan Johnson ruled himself out And now Hughes is injured, So fuck knows who's going to be playing in the halves for US.
Speaker 4: I yeah, he Mighty Martin probably, yeah, I'd say so, he's definitely clocked out. I mean you can't just come back for the keiwis. Yeah, yeah, he's had a couple of weeks off. He's probably.
Speaker 1: They did ask him and he said he tested the old thing out, the Achilles out, and was like, nah, the last thing you need is for your first year of retirement to be rehabbing an Achilles.
Speaker 3: To be absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 1: But at least myself and Chris Key will digest that on the Mad Monday podcast later on this afternoon, Let's take quick break and come back and talk a little bit of AB's So this afternoon, the All Black Squad will be named to go on the Northern Hemisphere tour.
Speaker 3: It be about two o'clock. Hell of a tour. Hell of a tour?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Ireland, England, France? Is that right? I believe so, Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: We've basically just been on a shortened version of that. Yeah, and if it's anything like what we did, it's going to be a hell of a trip.
Speaker 3: I did see.
Speaker 1: So when they went over to South Africa, a few of the guys have started like vlogging and making their little YouTube videos and there about it. It was Artie Savier and Mark Talia. They've given themselves some sort of Backstreet boys nickname for these videos that they make. But they're at the hotel pool and they were just hanging out. But they were talking in the video that they really wanted to just like jump into the pool, but they're conscious of not looking like they're on holiday. They don't want to be seen to be like just skiving off. They must be so hard if you're on a European trip like that. Anyone who's been on a business trip to the overseas.
Speaker 4: Well, Yeah, that's a good point and it's something you you got to watch out for with your how your social media looks when on.
Speaker 3: A work trip. Yeah, and tv.
Speaker 4: Insead have been suffering this for a while when they're making cuts, and then the exec team was over in Lay at some sort of content conference. That photo of them like on the desert and helicopters and.
Speaker 3: Shit like that. But you've ready got to just shut it down.
Speaker 4: The unfortunate thing for us as we go over there under the guys of it as a beer garden tour. People need to see us drinking beers in a beer guarden, so it kind of works the other way for us.
Speaker 1: But it's all staged because you know, you'll see the photos of us doing that, You'll see me falling over on the traveler. But rest assured, we're on the Excel spreadsheets, we're in the emails.
Speaker 4: Absolutely that beer, you know, at that moment in time, sure it's full. And then when you see ex someone's empty. Yeah, but I've just tipped that out, swapped it, swapped it.
Speaker 3: With another one. Actually didn't touch to drop a beer on that whole trip. I'm still got the Bavarian I've got the Bavarians.
Speaker 1: So I've still got the Bavarians as well. I'm desperately struggling to shake it off. On Friday, there was a long lunch at Prago for Matt heaths leaving, which he did not pay for, and.
Speaker 3: We mist win. The bill came. He ate like a king, drank like a king. Did he what? I don't know who did pay for that bill. I had to believe though it wasn't me. It wasn't me either. I also had to leave.
Speaker 1: But my point was at about seven o'clock I fell asleep on the couch on Friday night and I slept for like sixteen hours. This bloody jet legs no joke. It's out of control and I'm still so stuffy. Anyway, The long short of all of that is, do TJ and Sam kin go to the Northern Hemisphere tour?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 4: I'd see that Jk's He's come out swung and saying no, TJ. No, they need to concentrate on Cortes, Noah, Hotham and roy Gard should be their priority, given that they're going to be the probably three half backs going into the World Cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I teem to agree a little bit.
Speaker 4: But the Sam Kine one as well was interesting because he signed up Japan for the next three years come on of January, so he's not going to be on the scene for the next World Cup.
Speaker 3: All the All Blacks for the next three years.
Speaker 4: So that's an interesting call because do you bother or do you take our best number seven or do you say right time to move on?
Speaker 3: Dolt and Papa you don't preach you, it's yours, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the difference is I don't think anyone would say that TJ has let the world on fire when he's come on, Like, is he hidden shoulders above any of those other guys, particularly if Roy Guard's.
Speaker 3: Fine, Yeah, you know, he'd be our number one half back.
Speaker 1: The difference I think with Sam Kaine is he probably is that much better than Dalton Papa. Not that it's not a shot at Papali. I'm just saying that Sam Kine has been excellent. And I think this is the thing that Raz has always going to deal with is yeah, he's going to contend for the future, but he also doesn't want to lose games as an allbecks correct, so he has.
Speaker 4: To pick the best possible players and his backs against all a little bit result wise, Yeah, at the moment.
Speaker 3: So it's whether they go for results or they go for the future. It'd be interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean my gat is the old like the Scott Robinson. I'll save last year he would go No TJ No, Sam Kaine. I'm working towards the World Cup. Yes, but since there's been so vet, since the season has been a bit warbbly, you lose a couple of games, yes, totally.
Speaker 3: Now all of a sudden you've gotta pick them. So what two o'clock today? Yep, there's an ounce.
Speaker 1: Two pm today. I reckon there'll be at least one boult that we haven't thought of. It'll be it'll probably be a prop that none of us have heard of, can remember. But I reckon there'll be at least one or two shake ups there. I think because going on this Northern he was fair too, you know you might as well.
Speaker 3: And there's a there's a fifteen being made as well. There's a second fifteen. What's fifteenth? There'll be twenty nine blokes named in that one. So there's sixty going to be sixty dudes.
Speaker 1: Yes, And the and the All Backs fifteen are only playing two games. They play against Munster and then they play against Georgia, presumably not in Georgia.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 3: It's like a massive traveling reserve bench, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I'd rather get picked for the fifteens. They're going to have a good time. They're going to have a hell of a time in Ireland. Yeah, and then probably play.
Speaker 3: Georgia hopefully like twalking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was about to say somewhere that I don't think they're going to go over to Georgia. Surely not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've got friends who went to Georgia about three or four months ago.
Speaker 4: You can do it in the United States Georgia or no, no, no, Georgia, United States, that'd be better.
Speaker 1: No, But yeah, yeah, that'll be a hell of a tour, like particularly if you're roy Guard, you know, and if he gets picked that all Blacks fifteen just go over there.
Speaker 3: Light monster up.
Speaker 4: That's you're right though, that is going to be a good time and then that's going to be the party to it.
Speaker 3: Get pretty severely into the Guinness. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then if you do go over to Georgia, great wine region. Apparently they invented wine over there and Georgia it's what they're saying. They got the George Georgian monks or something invented.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly it. Have you seen just on Ireland and having a good time with the guinnesses have you? Is it just me? I'm skinning served a lot of content about splitting the G? Yes, I am.
Speaker 4: I yeah, so it's you know, it's about drinking a Guinness first sip and until it goes and it splits the G in half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's all glad. It's not just me.
Speaker 1: No, I'm getting like videos of Sydney Sweeney, you know that one from the Hot Ones video. She's looking lustily at the guy and it's like when she sees you split the G in the first attempt.
Speaker 3: Things like that. Yeah, okay, good. I was worried there.
Speaker 4: I'm just being targeted, but it's working because I don't want to go split the G.
Speaker 3: Makes me on a fucking creamy, fucking point.
Speaker 1: Speaking of rugby though and Ireland, the Rica Juanni and Sexton thing just continues to blow. But I think this came out actually on the Friday. We didn't address it on the podcast, but obviously the books coming out from Sexton and he was saying, you know, Rica Uannie told him, don't miss your flight, enjoy retirement. You can't blah blah blah. He called him a fake, humble fucker. And then I think on the Friday, then Ricco Juanni posted to his Instagram story was the photo of the two of them with Zombie playing over the top of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which it's also the photo of Sexton mouthing it looks like Janni's just walking away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes him look bad. Yeah, yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It's real framing expert from there from Juannie. But then so yeah, Zombie was like the song that they were using as their sort of unofficial theme for the World Cup. And then also the lyrics are in your head and that's the part that he put on the Instagram story.
Speaker 3: And as much as.
Speaker 1: I I'm kind of on Sixth inside on this at all, but I just liked that there's a little bit of a brew haha.
Speaker 3: Though I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love the fact that And also he's kind of ruined the song for them by putting it up as well. He's kind of taking but it's going to make that Irish test so much more spicy. You Aren't is going to be there, The fans will be well aware of all this. Sixth will be in the crowd, Johnny six Peace will be there. This is the kind of ship we've been calling out for this This is the UFC mouthing off kind of ship I've been asking for, which is great, and I think they should let them do more of that. I guarantee that at New Zealand Rugby Central on Friday there were of being panic stations around what procedures, who who authorized Rico to do that? Did Rico did someone? And where they were like is it as good as it bad?
Speaker 3: What the eyes are? My god? We need to do we need to apologize to Irish Rugby? Oh my god, what are we? That shit going on? We are mother fans like fucking a Yeah, finally, but.
Speaker 4: Because that test is going to be super spicy exactly, and if Ireland win, they are going to sing that fucking song loud and proud towards Rica Jani.
Speaker 1: So this storylines now, and this is what the NRL has been doing a great job of these last few years, and Rugby just can't get out of their own way with this kind of shit. Yeah, I hope that they. I think that they'll play that when they come out Ireland.
Speaker 4: And then if all Blacks win and then Rico just goes up with the crowd and you were here, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's that's what it's about they'll singing in the changing sheds if they win.
Speaker 3: This is great. I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, more of this and more of like characters in the game and storylines rather than just show up, watch the game clap politely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know that rugby players respect the game and we saw it with Sam Kain's hundredth cap. You know, he got a tunnel walking off from the Aussie players annual blacks and it was great and players will still do that. But let them talk about a smack as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just you only need like one or two of them and each team. Yeah, everyone else can be the nice guy, but you need a heal like in the Wwe just sticking with rugby union as well for but the NPC's down to the quarterfinals after Yes, Tartanaki took the shield off.
Speaker 3: Tasman got it for this summer. They've got it for the summer.
Speaker 1: They won't have another challenge for the for the rest of the season and god, it must feel good. It's also very annoying for me because I really wanted South Canterbury to be able to take a bus trip.
Speaker 3: They're not going to make it to Taranaki Tatanuky's about as hard to get to as anywhere.
Speaker 4: It's as harder to get to then Napier where was where they had to go last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are sort of the only two parts of the country I hadn't been to as a South Candebrian because they're not on the way to anywhere.
Speaker 3: You've got to. They're left and right. I've still never been to Gisbet. They left and right of State Highway one there. Yeah. So yeah, they've got the shield shield fever.
Speaker 1: They've got a stacked team too, if you if you look at that team, they've got the Napkin back there at fullback. Yeah, klein Bush here, just just stacked across the park, that Tartanaky team.
Speaker 3: And they whipped them as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they whipped them forty two nineteen or something like that. So then yeah, this weekend the quarter finals, you've got Wellington versus Counties. It's at Wellington, the Battle of the Bay, Bay of Plenty versus Hawks, Bay Tot then Totanak you take on the White Kattow at Eero Stadium.
Speaker 3: And Tasman versus Canterbury. So some good matchups this weekend at the MPC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it has, and I'm disappointingly Auckland got pepped in a thriller yesterday at at Auckland Grammar, which actually ruined my three way, So means that means how did your three way go? How did South Canterbury go? Because I know that Carl missed out and his one too, maybe dick by warning and I went dick into butt as well, So I don't know. I will try and.
Speaker 3: Log it and log back in and that's fine. But yeah, so point the end of the NPC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right though, it has been a the games I've watched, and that's not heap to them for the NPC. Yeah, they have been cracking games like high scoring, close, plenty of all blacks playing or former all blacks or fringe all blacks playing.
Speaker 3: So I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought you by Leader Home.
Speaker 5: Of the.
Speaker 1: South Canibridge did not cover the spread, but they did win forty three thirty eight over Westcast thirty eight.
Speaker 3: They leak thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty four points was the head start I gave them anyway, This is yours please.
Speaker 3: It's your chance to get involved in the show.
Speaker 1: Bottom right hand corner of your iHeartRadio app, there's a little microphone button.
Speaker 3: If you tap that, you can record a message.
Speaker 1: If you do that, we'll play it out on the show, just like this is yours please.
Speaker 6: Gulane, congratulations on the book. One an amazing way to mark ten years of the ACC mania. Some of the stories and there would piss you off if you could read.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 6: The book's got me thinking what items would be in the ACC Museum. Obviously shit shirt would be the newest tent tree. I'd love to see the text machine, you know, all these texts are there? Is the horrors that that thing has seen, a mold of Jason Hoyt's bats, the tissue, is it camera?
Speaker 3: Is it soap?
Speaker 6: What do you think what else would be in there?
Speaker 1: We've discussed this, haven't we? Or was this the New Zealand Sporting memorabilia? Yeah, well we've got a lot of it in the studio, don't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 4: We've got signed boxes from Karen Reed, Brenda McCallum, a few other.
Speaker 3: Bits and pieces.
Speaker 4: The photo of Jays getting his baps, out when we won the World Tiest Championship.
Speaker 1: I think if we're going to have an ACC museum, it would be like a Madame two sword's wax.
Speaker 3: Yes, figurine of Jace with the baps out. I mean, I'd be quite happy with it.
Speaker 4: With Jason in terms of Riggs, He's given a good account of photo he has and I think that's why he's quietly quite happy about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not so happy about the book. But there's the brick of cocaine.
Speaker 4: There is the bricker cocaine that's come with us obviously icing sugar, but it's making about it. But it's been stabbed so many times by various authorities thinking it is real. Yeah, we've had to Actually there's actually lots of bit so celtatee pluck it back up again. Yeah, interesting is there is? Yeah, there's the milk of the gepsy tissue. It's the photo of the perineum as ship shirt now has to go in there. Well, you can house everything in the caravan, because that's a that the caravan itself is an item that should be that should be recognized as a national treasure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, slash also burnt to the ground.
Speaker 4: Something about it I'd be quite sad if we did burn into the ground. Though there's something there's something quite nice about the fact that it's still around.
Speaker 3: It's still got a warrant, still semi functional.
Speaker 1: And every time I've taken it in for a warrant, they've said, yeah, it's past, but there is some rust that's going to require some attention at some point. But we just seemingly never approached that point.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know how. I think it's fast approaching. When the exle falls off on State Highway one, we know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean the hatch did there's an original hat baggie cap yep, behind you.
Speaker 4: The baggie's the I mean all the steate of the ship hats over the years. Every year there's a different one.
Speaker 1: So it's a collection of those, the pads that fell off Jason Hoyd's leagues.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got them. I've got them, the black flaps, the colond of black flaps, all sorts of merchandise items.
Speaker 4: Also the hairy JF T shirts, Yes, the Cory Anderson T shirts, all the World Cup T shirts that came out. Yeah, We're magnificent, Steady of the Ship ones, the champion ones, Yes.
Speaker 1: A lot of stuff, but the text machine thing, we get thousands of texts per game. Yeah, so it would be so hard to put it on and when we could.
Speaker 4: Last year we received fifty four thousand text messages Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, that's exactly it. It's so hard.
Speaker 1: Like even last night commentating, they're come in so thick and fast that you're like, I can't I can't keep track of these. We're asking last night where because people were tuning in from around the world, so we said, let us know where you're watching. One guy send us in a message from his pager. He was watching in Beirut. There was there was another guy.
Speaker 3: Watching in a trench in Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Someone else was like seventy five meters below the summit of Everest and they were watching.
Speaker 3: Someone said a wreck from a reef, and some more about fifteen people I reckon the entire boe.
Speaker 1: So once they disembarked, they must have gone into up here and then just found somewhere to watch it. But yeah, we had about fifteen decks saying that they were on a boat and some more they just might have to pop off and go and watch the game on sure, Yeah, but no I think there'd be there'd be plenty of stuff that we put in there.
Speaker 3: Oh this hat now, the chicken head, the chicken hat, we're talking about it last night.
Speaker 1: The grease stains, the dancing chicken hat that Laye had on his headed October face, and these grease stains on it from when I hit you so hard in the bumper cars.
Speaker 3: The whiplash it flew off.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like one of those hits you see, one of the get googe because you've seen it. You don't see someone coming, like you're passing this way and someone hits you from that way in the ribs.
Speaker 1: That's what it was like. You're still making you I was blind, drunken. It was like the one moment that I can remember from that day. It was just rounding the corner and seeing your car stall and my eyes just lighting up.
Speaker 7: You've got this chicken hat. It was dancing away making this noise. Oh no, And I around the corner and say this.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, yeah, that's why it's got all the grease and creple over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's disgusting, look at it. Yeah it is filthy. Yeah. No.
Speaker 1: Ship shoot to be the latest addition to the a SC Museum.
Speaker 3: Another caller here yours? Please? Yeah, yeah, Mary, first time, last time. Listen.
Speaker 4: Enough of the butter, give us the grease, give us the good oil of what we're down in Episodam.
Speaker 3: Let me on your substack. How do we hear about that?
Speaker 4: I don't have a substance. We're not planning on heavy in a substance. Look, I'll let you know the full oil. If you ever see me at a bar or a pup, come and see me, buy me a being, I'll tell you the full oil.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't put it out.
Speaker 4: On a into a into a forum which you get repeated. But I can do it face to face because then I can deny it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, and will and will tonight.
Speaker 1: But I think we were, for the most part fairly transparent what happened in Amsterdam?
Speaker 3: Did I tell?
Speaker 1: I told the story of the woman counting cash with ther baps out in the red light district? We outlasted the red light district on our first night. That's right, not quite what I remember it, the red light district. But no, I don't think we left too much out. I mean we spent a good hour describing Naden, which was the whole day of our lives.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can probably work out what went on there, Yeah, exactly from the dogship.
Speaker 1: Which yeah, but anyway, if you see, if you see laying out and about, ask him and he will tell you.
Speaker 3: One last call at yours.
Speaker 5: Please come on and I have baby.
Speaker 3: Fuck hell.
Speaker 5: Gary Freeman won the w M in the early nineties. There, wors come on, call yourself a fucking league AnyWho, fuck recage there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I thought Gary Freeman. I thought the Wizard had won something in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I must apologize to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dear friend of mine, Gary as well, had a lot to do with him over the past few years. And yeah, just to disrespect him like that, I just like to apologize to him. But I'd like to apologize to the call of their and the wider ACC community.
Speaker 3: Won't happen again. Gary Freeman.
Speaker 4: Interesting because you know you had you had the Benji Marshall step. You remember that everyone was doing the jump, But before that there was the Gary Freeman socks down end diver end pass. Yeah, we used to primary school socks down. But the past was wasn't a spiral, wasn't anything else. But it's the full end on end Gary Freeman pass. That was I remember as a kid, just everyone doing that and d just socks down your.
Speaker 3: Full wism, powerful stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, let's knock this thing on the head for today. Thank you very much to everyone who got involved on the old yours. Please fire through a few more as well. We see if we can actually tried this morning to get one of the Taranaki players on who won the shield.
Speaker 3: Haven't heard back from them this morning. They're just cleaning the resin off the shield.
Speaker 1: I reckon they might be repairing the shield, So hopefully we can get someone on down the track to find out if that shield's still in one piece. Otherwise, we'll see you tomorrow for a Tuesday episode of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio form you get your podcasts