Speaker 1: Life from the Export Beer Gaden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra. This is the Agenda Podcast for Friday, the sixth of September.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of sporting nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export of Ultra.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Lane Moning, Happy Friday. Great.
Speaker 4: Great to be a Friday, isn't it? Although I don't know Fridays.
Speaker 1: These days haven't really been feeling like a Friday because I feel like when you commentate over the weekend, it's just sort of all blurs into one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got nothing.
Speaker 4: This is the first Friday where we don't have any commentaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the All Blacks are playing at stupid o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's a scheduling issue.
Speaker 3: And do you know what's gonna happen. I'm gonna score a massive on goal at some stage during the weekend and go and get a massive your Hammond. And it's been half a day or full day in the dog box and hungover.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, actually we should addressed this. We talked about it on the podcast yesterday with Matt hethan you weren't here. We did mention that we had received a one thirty am. Things have gone pear shaped text are you allowed to share anything with us?
Speaker 3: And yeah. After the Marketing Awards on Wednesday night, there was just there was a lot of confusion around kick ons and where we went for kick ons, and at one stage a person who shall remain nameless from the communications team here it wide zied me company, Yes, rang me, and it was a tirade of abuse about why they couldn't get into the bar that we were in. Yes, And disappointingly one of them was yelling at the bouncer. Mike Lane said we can come in, let us in, and so it was again a bit awkward.
Speaker 4: And then here's a tip, never tell a bounce of Mike Lane.
Speaker 3: I said that. I said, that's the worst thing you can do. Don't do that. No, there was a lot of confusion about kick ons and getting to places. We went to a couple of underground whisky bars and getting to them was quite hard, and then when we got on there, they said you're the last people. One more drink and then we're closing. And then we had a whole group of other people outside just kind of calling and yelling at us and sending us abusive text messages and then demanding to speak to other people. And it was just it just just me pear shaped. And that was two in the morning. I was trying to find a dive bar to drink it. At two in the morning on a Wednesday. On a Wednesday, nothing good happens, like when someone just say it's midnight, go home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was tucked up in bid by eleven o'clock. And when I woke up the next morning and saw that text, I was just like, yep, right, decision, we were saying. So my understanding was that there was like two spots left in that bar and they let you and one other. And yes, And I saw that person yesterday morning. He looked like a lizard.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. He yeah, he was not well used.
Speaker 1: To and we're like, so you've only got two spots left, and these are the two people.
Speaker 3: Well, they knew there was some money makers.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 3: I mean, we might have been the biggest lizards, but they could see that these lizards drink.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're going to be able to ring the towel drive on these guys. So yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Moving very slowly. A lot of people around the office yesterday.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was a struggle, was yesterday was a struggle, but you know it was for all for good cause. We spent the night with our great friends from Dby Export Ultra and that was great. And I did particularly enjoy being forced to drink the opposition's products. Yes, and you created some sort of death wall.
Speaker 4: Of death death cloth. Well, we just we just didn't want to have.
Speaker 1: We didn't want the competitors product piling up in front of them.
Speaker 4: We're like, they don't need to look at this.
Speaker 1: And so Joe took his little napkin, you know, the black napkin, black napkin, and.
Speaker 4: Just put it over the top of it.
Speaker 3: So it was like a dead body in the middle of the table, and it was made up of like two dozen bottles.
Speaker 1: Yes, he closed its eyes and then pulled the blanket up over it.
Speaker 4: They quite like that. I think they really did like it.
Speaker 3: And they said, that is probably the most respectful thing you guys have ever done for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we immediately turned it into a loss by aggressively shouting down anyone that beat explore at any award.
Speaker 4: That's that's patriotism, you know. Yeah, well it was. It's the marketing awards.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't. We don't go to many awards for that very reason. This one was sponsored by YouTube and which we're now on. Of course, we're on on YouTube, and shout out to YouTube. If you could switch our pipe on a little bit bigger, it'd be great. Yeah, you can kind of tell that they control the pipe with who they partner at.
Speaker 1: There are a few people there who weren't up for awards but were invited by YouTube.
Speaker 4: And yeah, oh that's why. That's why they get so many views, because they go in despite the fact that their audience is too old to actually operate YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but tell you what, they flopped it out, can I.
Speaker 1: Just to be clear, the reason no one watches our podcast on YouTube is because it's ship, not because we haven't had the pipe, want to be clear.
Speaker 4: But they flopped it out YouTube.
Speaker 3: Holy moly. The after party basically they opened up the rest of Sparker Arena and had Symphony play for an hour and a half hour.
Speaker 4: And a half yes, full noise, and they.
Speaker 3: Finished it with Sandstorm, which is compulsory obviously, and then just basically let loose one thousand marketers and agencies onto the streets. Of Auckland on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Well, I walked out of there and all of the taxis had congregated around. They're trying to get everyone into their taxi. I was looking at them, like, everyone that's about to walk out of this business has a company Uber account. Yeah, you're not going to get a taxi right out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think they rely on the one and twenty who's so fucking wasted. They just get into the net whatever they can. Yeah, right, that's what they rely on. And then it costs you eighty dollars to go like four kilometers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Friday, we're all back on track. Later on today we have the sports book out. We'll be joining us for that. But we are down to the point end. The greatest New Zealander of all time debate has come down to the Grand Final and it is Edmund Hillary versus Sir Charlie Upham.
Speaker 3: He picked that from the start, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just thought I didn't realize how big a groundswell there was going to be for childs up I. Actually he has gone from strength to strength, and so we're going to let this thing cook over the weekend, give you every opportunity, because what we don't want is to announce the winner and then people say I didn't get my chance to vote.
Speaker 4: We got your chance.
Speaker 3: And look, it's pretty fair. Both of them can't campaign both past, so you know it's an even playing field because potentially if it was say Edmund Hillary versus Richie mccare on, one tweet, one post from Richie mccaugh could swing it, whereas this is level playing field.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Also, fun fact about New Zealand law, you cannot defame the dead, so anything you want to say about either of them on social media you can.
Speaker 4: I'm not encouraging, not.
Speaker 3: In the spirit of the greatest New Zealander though, that's.
Speaker 1: Not But I am trying to so discontent among the population. Don't just get in the comments with your support of one guy.
Speaker 3: Attack the other can attack the other. Yeah, we got a character assassinate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. You want to bring them, drag them through the mut Yeah, cancel them.
Speaker 1: So you've got an entire weekend to cast your votes, and at the moment, very close. It's sort of like fifty fifty at the moment, so I don't know which way that one's going to go. My guts is Charles up sort of thought he was going to win that from the get go.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, the thing is with Suid is that he is more everything to all people as opposed to you might not be a fan of military campaigns or of that kind of side of humanity, you know what I mean. So that's why I think it'll leave it up really patriotic Charles Upham fans, and then you'll have the kind of you know, the Sir Edmundhillary climbing mountain, bee keeping great bee keeper, Ye get voted up the Ganges, all that kind of carry on.
Speaker 1: As a vote for you know, we talked at the start of this whole thing that a vote for Jason Gunner's a vote for thinging, is a vote for Sir Edmund Hillary a vote for Tensig Norge.
Speaker 4: Do you see it that way?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, so no love for Tensi.
Speaker 3: He's not a Newsyander anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that is up right now, Facebook, Instagram, go and have your say. The votes have been different on all platforms, so it's entirely up to you, and by the way, rigged if you want, if you want to vote multiple times on multiple platforms icking go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want to check it into the ration algorithm and fucking go for it.
Speaker 1: Get a bot farm going. All right, let's take quick break. We'll come back and talk some sport raiser yesterday named his team annoyingly after we recorded the podcast. We didn't get a chance to talk about it. But wholesale changes, yes.
Speaker 3: Very interesting, very interesting changes.
Speaker 1: I thought, it's on the back of your we rundown if you need a refresher, but basically the back three is entirely different. Yes, so we've got Will Jordan's, Sevy Reese and Mark Salina. I think Cale Clark was injured.
Speaker 4: Yes, see this is the butt.
Speaker 3: There is one change there with Talia coming in for him, but yes, being obviously Will Jordan goes to the which opens it up for Severed Peace to come in body back on the bench with TJ Pittanada. Yeah, and obviously, and I came out and said obviously, just to shore up the last twenty minutes with some leadership and experience, which seems like a bit of a knee.
Speaker 4: Jerk reaction to me, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of I don't know if I agree with it. It's kind of at least I've come out and see it's exactly what they're doing it. I mean, you've got Body with over one hundred caps, you've got TJ. Peranada with eighty odd.
Speaker 1: And if you think back to the English series, it was when Body came on that last twenty minutes that the game's completely changed.
Speaker 4: Complexion hell of an impact player.
Speaker 3: And also you got doughbro on the bench as well, Anton Brown and Pintinada. So between those three, I think it is a knee jerk to that last ten minutes. But big cool though for Wall aside today years it's cool. So he's debuting and this is his first start for the All Blacks, right at six, and he's at six. My only thing I would say about that is that basically loose forwards, you could play whoever you want to do, Like you could play Richiem Wong and you could play whoever you know.
Speaker 4: You can play whoever whatever position you want. It really doesn't matter. It's nominal.
Speaker 1: What you need, though, is the roles, and the role of the six is is a cleaner. He's a tackler, he's a big beer who fucks people up. Yeah, but we've got two of those already. You know, Scott Barrett has played six to bo has played six as well, So it's not like there's this massive.
Speaker 4: Responsibility to be the only starting six.
Speaker 3: And Summer Penny female as well as he is. He injured.
Speaker 1: I do wonder because Karma was saying he didn't appreciate the penalties that female gave away the lass, you know, so I wonder if maybe Razors looked at that as well and said, you're a little bit of a liability.
Speaker 4: Go I think about it. Can they come back? It's a big call for Satiti.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love him, I like him. Yeah, he's a chiefs Maunner fan, chiefs man all the way, but he's South Africa. Yeah, that's going to be a big challenge and I'm I hope he steps up. But good to see sneakers start. I think that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: I think that's good too. I just wonder, like, is it too reactionary to what Resi's doing, you know what the bomb squad thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is it sort of are.
Speaker 1: You rolling over and showing your belly a little bit to be like, okay, we'll do it too. And then even then doing a not quite doing it the same because we've still got three backs on the bench. Yeah, last week we carried a winger on the bench, which I don't really understand.
Speaker 4: The point of that.
Speaker 1: If we're going to allow eight reserves, I mean didn't in the World Cup last year South Africa go seven and one on their bench and now they've been doing six and two.
Speaker 4: Is it time that we start doing that? It's only one more away, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Who would you have though, you'd probably you'd say that it would.
Speaker 4: Probably be Leonnet Brown, wouldn't It would be because everyone can cover all the other position.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it was me, I would have him starting and then I would have another back, another forward on the bench.
Speaker 4: But again that's why I'm not coaching the All Blacks.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know how now that you've seen the team named, actually before I get you prediction that there's been wholesale changes on the other side as well.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've seen this.
Speaker 1: No, Villi Laroux and Andre Pollard are back for South Africa. They have changed their winger out as well, and lukanno Am, who was the World Player of the Year like two years ago. He's back on the bench as well, so wholesale changes from Razi as well. Do you think does that change your opinion on how this one's going to go.
Speaker 3: I always said that if we lose this first one, we win the second one. And I'm even more convincedly, well, given we should have won that first one, they'll take confidence out of that and say we should have won that one. We're going to sort out the issues there. We come off the high Velt. We're in Cape Town, surrounded by vineyards. It's more there too, dang and playing, so they'll and not off the Highvelt, so the kicking, kind of long distance kicking goes out of play as well. I think they're gonna win. I think they'll win by one to twelve. Yeah, I have my hunch with Hadaki. Was Peace to be the first, second or third triscore paying four forty?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought it was quite good.
Speaker 4: Sev Reese is an exact kind of player we were missing last week. Reckon the Furnisher, Yeah, find the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those two dudes that they had, the Orenzi and Colby carving us up. How about Colby bumping off Scott Barrett a little bit of an optical illusion, but he still did bump them. But yeah, I felt like we missed, we were missing one of those dudes ourselves, and we got one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we got to really because I find Princess Tally and Sevie Rees very similar players. They're very strong on their feet, Yeah, you know they they their kind of horizontal movement is very quick. Yeah you know what I mean. And they beat players they shouldn't beating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: And Marx Lea looks like he drinks a gallon of canola oil before he goes out there because he's so slippery and I could get their hands on him. So what is he wearing a tighter shirt than anyone else? I don't really know what thincause I agree with you. Yesterday we put our agenda hunch on all Blacks to win hit hits two dollars thirty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anytime you can get the all Blacks two dollars thirty five is good eating.
Speaker 3: Yep, I agree.
Speaker 4: So we're going to pile on on that one. I reckon speaking on the rugby though.
Speaker 3: There's also a big Shield Challenge happening this weekend. Oh Hawks Bay are hosting Tasman. Wow, and Tasman are the favorites by not of a considerable margin to paying one to seventy to Hawks Bays two dollars. Right, So that's probably the first serious Ramfley Shield noise we've heard, and you know, in about a year. Yeah, so that's happening this weekend. So that's probably going to be the biggest kind of non international game to look out for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, NBC rages on.
Speaker 1: I think this is good for South Canterbury because if Tasman win it, at least we know we can get a team there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the bus on a bus to challenge for it. So I'm all more than on the Marco there, Okay, there you go. I might actually check that at my hunch my three way later on.
Speaker 3: The Marco won seventy.
Speaker 4: Oh it's too low, yeah, because he has paying a home paying two dollars.
Speaker 1: But you know you're not going to trick me into that. It's become very competitive now on the old if you don't listen to the sports book with the TB, we have a three league bit each week, myself, Lane and Carl from the TB and who ever loses the most by the end of the years to carry the bags for golf comp round of golf and I what was I like three behind you? Yeah, well I'm now two behind you because I one came in over the weekend. So there's been a bit of campaigning to get each other to do dumb bets, try and dog each other into stupid bets in the office.
Speaker 4: One of them will come off. We have an NRL.
Speaker 1: Off field scandal, Yes, Lane, we're in the alarm. North Queensland assistant coach James Maloney has been sacked by the club after being charged with drink driving and a blow to the Cowboys on the cusp of the NRL Finals to thirty eight year old who you will remember from the Warriors Grand Final run in twenty eleven. He joined the club this season, the Cowboys, that is, after finishing his playing in France where he got banned for stewoids in a two French league. He then showed up in the changing rooms that the Cowboys as an assistant coach with a full on ponytail and he's now been done for UI.
Speaker 4: Is this the most rugby league thing of all time?
Speaker 1: A player getting involved in an off field scandal when he's not even a player anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I mean, is it a secable offense to get done drunk driving?
Speaker 4: Well, if you need your license, like if you're a courier, yes, have you a truck driver, a truck driver, Yeah, even a forklift driver will probably argue.
Speaker 3: And I'm not condoning drink driving at all. But then this must be the final straw.
Speaker 4: There must be other shit because well, particularly on the eve of finals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a number of people who have been done do UI who keep their jobs. In fact, the majority of people like except like you say, people involved driving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even then some of them get a license to use them they get the interlock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so he's done something else. This is some This is probably the third discipline issues and a right, that's it, you're out of here.
Speaker 4: First was the ponytail.
Speaker 1: They would have dragged them into the office and just been like we can this is this is struck one. You've got two more. There'll be another one that we'll never hear about whitewash investigations. Yeah, and then this one would have that'll be like look, bargaret, But yeah, I agree with you. I didn't think that would have been the second thing, has the game gone soft?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Absolutely, he's gone gone soft. It is a Thursday night. We are it's a Friday Yesterday.
Speaker 1: We usually do the Mad Monday Teamless podcast, but obviously whereas don't have a Teamless for the remainder of this season, so no Mad Monday podcast yesterday.
Speaker 4: However, we still do have a bit to put.
Speaker 1: On, and there is I would like to draw your attention to a game that's going on tonight and it's sold out a week in advance, and it is the Tigers versus the Eels for the wooden spoon. The loser of this game receives the wooden spoons. The first time in years that we've had a spoon bowl. How exciting is a spoon bowl?
Speaker 3: I love effect it's called a spoon bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's at Campbell Town's. It's a home match for the Tigers, who sucked their fullbacks out.
Speaker 1: Obviously they're sucked in the fucking spoon bowl. But what how do you reckon you gamble on a spoon bowl. There's probably a question for Carl later on at the TIRB. But I was talking to someone out in the office about it and he was like, it's going to be bit the overs.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a high scoring game. I was like, no, I think both teams don't want to lose as opposed to wanting to win.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to win. There is everything to lose because the loser gets the spoon. So I'm kind of thinking, do you go unders.
Speaker 4: I don't know, won't it be a real negative game?
Speaker 3: No, I think they're both. I don't think it'll be negative because I think they probably both got teams who have got quite weak defense. Oh definitely, So I think for that very reason, I don't think they'd be capable of shutting it down.
Speaker 4: If they could shut it down, they wouldn't been the Spoon Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a very very good point anyway, for the hunch, I was looking through the power play on there at the moment micas Cibo, who has come back into the squad after injury.
Speaker 4: And bad form.
Speaker 1: He's come back in and he is rollicking at the moment, So I've gone him anytime. Try scorer and the Eels one to twelve. I do think it'll be tight when you when you're fighting.
Speaker 4: For the spoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's at five dollars, which I think is very juicy. Mica as Sievo, I think is the shortest try scoring odds in the NRL this weekend at about a.
Speaker 4: Dollar thirty six. So the TV is saying he's gone to score a try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just when you sprinkle a little Eels one to twelve action on top of that, and I think the Eels will win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so it's your Mad Monday hunch. Yeah, speaking of Mad mondays, any any.
Speaker 4: Whispers, I haven't. I haven't now.
Speaker 3: Most teams Mad Monday's. Oh this coming Monday, isn't it? Because yes, Warriors of a Bye, Yes, this weekend, so technically the season finished that so their Mad Monday was last Monday? Yes, or they'll have it? Will they have a traditional one with the rest of the teams this Monday?
Speaker 4: Half the teams, Well, their prize giving is on Sunday, So would it be the Monday after that? Do you reckon?
Speaker 1: No, because you can't. You can't keep thirty dudes who have been hanging out for a big blowout yea, waiting for over a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a difficult the age.
Speaker 4: Will it will have happened?
Speaker 1: I reckon, I haven't heard anything, so They've done a great job of shutting it down to the degree that my only inside source Taylor Montour, wife of Marcelo Montour and star of the Montours podcast. She actually finished up working with us the week that their last game was. I can't even ask her what's going on? So I wonder if that was technical from the Warriors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just basically isolate all third parties from media. Yeah, like, good on them. I mean, there's obviously key learnings from the year's gone by around how to keep these things quiet.
Speaker 1: I have heard, and I don't know if this was the Warriors, but I have heard about a team and I know I've told this story before, but that on their Mad Monday, they had a fleet of taxi vans waiting out the front, and the taxi each driver had a full teamless the photo of the guy, their name, their next of kin, and their address, so that when the person got put in the back of their van, they don't even have to talk to them. They're just like, yep, this guy, this is where he lives, this is who the ring to say, we've got your your mate coming home here.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they definitely it's become an art.
Speaker 1: But the thing that annoys me is and I remember Joe John's talking about this was like in the early two thousands when they had their med Monday, they'd just be like in the pub, down the pub, down the viaduct, down, yeah, wherever it is that their team was based, and people would get involved as well that in the past with them and join them and blah blah blah. But now so everyone's filming everything on their phones and that, so now they can't do it, and it's like, wouldn't you rather they were out, you know, wouldn't you rather the Warriors just down the viaduct on their med Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm back back in those early two thousands. I did bump into the Warriors at Fox's Alehouse. Yeah, and it was when Stacey Jones's dressed like Biggles.
Speaker 5: O.
Speaker 4: When Gouten Bill hat his pubes on fire. It was great stuff.
Speaker 3: And I was just down there having a drink with a mate and they just all came into the bar and they were lighting pubes. I like my pubes on fire. It was great. No one had phones.
Speaker 4: Out and everyone had pubes.
Speaker 3: There was no pubs way into the night.
Speaker 4: Powerful Yeah, bring it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't live it. And the case in point is that we're trying to fight streets.
Speaker 4: Yes on Wednesday, that videos just sort of surface.
Speaker 1: That's throwing the rounds on social media at the moment, and he posted on social and so it's ridiculous that I can't even you know, go down and get a pie after training about Yeah, but it's I've always found it interesting because it's like you don't go up to a basketball player and try and dunk on them in the streets, like you don't go up to a rugby player and try and tackle them. Why is it that when a guy fights for a living, people just want to.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's combat. It's like, no, I mean with the guy who's taking him on, he looks like he's been on the back end of the glass barbecue for a while. He just like he's shorter than him. Yeah, it doesn't look.
Speaker 4: Like he's march.
Speaker 1: And there's no win there for Israel to say, because what he sparks his dude out and then what you knocked some random dude out, you know, like he would have got trash in the media for doing that.
Speaker 4: Car though, fucking sick car. Matt Black McLaren.
Speaker 3: Massive fucking deck shrinker for that guy though. When he opens the door and it's like the straight up up and it went straight up, and it's like fucking get back in your fucking that's.
Speaker 4: What he said. Get back in your busted piece of ship. Yeah, and I'll get in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get back into your car with no hubcaps, the fucking windows up and smoking the glass barbie, And I'm gonna get in my eight hundred thousand dollar McLaren. Yeah, and I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I got for beating people up, by the way, you fucking idiot at.
Speaker 4: That kind of I don't know, I felt I was embarrassed. I was embarrassed too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cringey because what's the best case scenario and that dude's head, like he gets out and knocks out Israel Asni and people are worked. Man, Oh you knocked out a dude who was just going to get a pie, fucking nice one like I don't understand. And fighters always say, oh, look, if you want to, we can fight in the ring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is what the UFC pay me you match that, I'll fight you.
Speaker 3: Well, he did say in the video. He goes, I will pay you to fight me. He shit, he should get that guy down to whip Brown. Put it. Give a little together, let's get a pot together and let Israel beat the snot out of this guy in the ring.
Speaker 1: Ye, and we'll let the TB take our money on it as well. All right, let's take a quick break when we come back. But the yours please for a Friday, yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought you by Leader Home of the Top.
Speaker 1: We have a couple of them to get through today late because call yours please.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 6: Those Warriors bar is an actual great idea. It's for all the Bandwagon supporters who are going to be stuck at the Blues game. And when the Blues finished about nine o'clock and the Wars are playing overseas, you stroll over to Kingsland watch the Warriors. You can't get to a sold out Mount Smart you watch it there. Let's just for all the fancy pency to watch it from the comfort of not industrial Central Central.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you mentioned this when they first bought it. But you know, some person are like, oh, that's not a true supporters, But no, it's not. It's probably a bar that wants to make money.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, you know what. I mean, that's a good point. We're looking at it the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's not a supporters bar. This is a bar set up on the back of Warriors' success. The pen noise Matt Heath lives around there for an example, and you know, and when the Warriors are playing, they don't.
Speaker 4: Want to go to go hard Mount Smart. Ye, go hard.
Speaker 3: They can just go down there and watch it. But I mean, that's a.
Speaker 4: Really good point you raised there. We're looking at it the wrong way.
Speaker 1: We're looking at it as we've been told that the Warriors have bought a bar, but actually it was a bar that wanted to rebrand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're like, who's real hot right now? Yeah, the Warriors here.
Speaker 1: But I thought I really liked that caller's point because it was like if you yeah, I was trying to figure out who goes there, because you can't go there after Mount Smart, you can't get no, no.
Speaker 3: You go there for I see you target away games as a base. But then again, you're looking at the hardcore supporters of the Warriors aren't living in Kingsland or Mountain at all, so you're not targeting them.
Speaker 1: No, you bear in mind Mount Eden are the community that banned concerts at Eden Park because they were too loud and they all wanted to go to sleep YEP.
Speaker 4: These are not the Warriors faithful living around there.
Speaker 3: Yeah so, and I guess yeah afters at a Blues game, But then again, about two thousand people go to Blue.
Speaker 4: It was the other thing I was going to say, like, have you watched a Blues game this year?
Speaker 1: They probably wouldn't fill out the pub, But I am.
Speaker 3: I am all down for a decent sports bar. It's particularly in Auckland. Shapiro's is cool, but it's just a bit too small. You can only get about one hundred and fifty people in it. Good sports bar where you can get, you know, three hundred people, get a real good atmosphere, just geared towards sport, not a half ass effort which is half a strop ub, half sports bar. Doesn't play commentary, plays the music. Looking at you, Empire, you got screens everywhere and never played the fucking commentary when we asked you too. When it's full of Warriors fansy City don't know how TOEP fuck.
Speaker 4: I love that. Let the bars tell you they don't know how to change.
Speaker 3: It's like, why are you playing prodigy? Everyone's here to watch the Warriors, and I actually it was funny. I got up on the table when I went everyone who's here to watch the Warriors and pretty much everyone put the hand up and I said said to the barman, ah moment you didn't appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the last like decent sports bar I've been to in New Zealand. There's obviously the locals that have the taarbs and they play the horses, but that's not it's not a sports a sports bar like it's you know, the best one I've ever been to was pre earthquake, Holy Grail, Yes in christ shirts.
Speaker 4: That was sick. Yeah, Like they had a.
Speaker 3: Big grandstand, big enough theory to have a bit of interactive ship in the air.
Speaker 4: It was a movie theater turned into a bar, right yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I mean, it will get there eventually, but I'm glad that they are.
Speaker 4: I hope that fuck it up. It's all we could all be wrong.
Speaker 1: And maybe the full time bar owned by the Warriors is that, by the way, isn't it. We talked about it, Yester, that there's so many other options.
Speaker 6: Cole.
Speaker 3: They didn't call it up the wars bar or something, because that would have been up the bar.
Speaker 4: That would have been so bad. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Full times pretty what is it? Anyway, we've already discussed that. Another call here yours.
Speaker 5: Yeah you get Fuller's just a reality checked to the muppet who said that Richard McCaw wasn't from a Tigo's way Tiki District is famously a cross regional district with Canterbury and Otago and kraw and the Hucker Valley are in fact on the Canterbury side. So Richie McCaw is indeed from Canterbury.
Speaker 4: Fuck Targo.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was me obviously, my my, you know, I'm yet you said you were going to spread a map out for me lower South Island and go through that. I just presumed he went to a Tigo. Boys, he's from from Otago. And you look at some say that it still sounds like it's the Keshmere of the South Island, where there's some disputes over where it finishes and inns.
Speaker 4: All right, that was confusing because there is a suburban christ Church called Kashmir.
Speaker 3: This like this is the India Pakistani order up in the mountains here.
Speaker 4: No, it's very clear. It's a very nice distinction.
Speaker 1: The Waitaki River divides North Totago in South Canterbury and uh Richie was born on the South Canbury site of the river.
Speaker 3: But he's from Kourou.
Speaker 1: That is the nearest town. That's the nearest town to where he's from. Unfortunately he has to cross a bridge to get to that town.
Speaker 3: So where was he born?
Speaker 4: Oh? Gee, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is he was he born in Dunedin hospital?
Speaker 4: Was he born an Amoru hospital?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That would be even worth you know what I'm going to do. I'm going to google it right now. Yeah, we have the capability, we need to find it. He really lives.
Speaker 3: Where did he come out of his mother's vagina?
Speaker 1: Well, uh Richie mc core because I know that the Hacker Valley does not have a maternity suite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is North Otargo?
Speaker 3: Here he go, The's one for the north of Tagos.
Speaker 4: There is one for the North of Targos.
Speaker 1: All right, then South Caneroy is still claiming it, but I don't I know if you are, Tommy would say not from South Caero.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we digress.
Speaker 1: All right, let's look this thing on the head for today plenty coming out of the next sort of twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: We've got the sports book very surely, and then we've got a very special edition of the podcast. It could be out today, it could be out across the weekend.
Speaker 1: We're still working through the legal ramifications of oh yeah, whether we're even allowed to release that podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, David Nika, Yeah, he did say some cancellable stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did say. I was quite surprised. Actually, yeah, you could be canceled for this. So if the podcast is out, go and listen to it.
Speaker 1: And if it's not, it's because all three of us have been internally canceled before we release that podcast. Otherwise, enjoy your weekend, see you on Monday.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for if you get your podcasts