Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gadden's studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the BF for here. This is the Agenda for a Thursday, the seventeenth of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and Clap Trap, brought to you by Export Ultra.
Speaker 1: And later on in the show we will be joined by Ali Williams, who is in the car wash at the moment, which is what we refer to when someone comes through and is interviewed by every media outlet in the building.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's been at every other building. I know he was in at Sky on Tuesdays on my team for Gamer two Haves tonight eight thirty pm on Sky and Sky's Sky Open yep. But joining us in the podcast this morning is New Zealand's answer to Adrian Wodrian Narowski. It is James mcconny, Good morning, Good morning. Wo'se bombs boo boo boo, boo boom everywhere. And a more obscure reference that I was trying to get off on social media was Jams Sheronia, you know, because Woe is retired. If you don't know, I've got no idea what these.
Speaker 4: Are the NBA reporters who come up with all the early scoops on the NBA.
Speaker 1: Stuff and Woj's Hall of Famer. He just retired this year and in his stead is now this though, Shams Scherania. That's picking it all up. So jam no, I got it's fine, but you broke a broke a Woje bomb. Was it last night yes?
Speaker 4: Or maybe uh early? I was in midday yesterday. I just got sick of all the New Zealand journalists were just not onto it. So I don't really want to do this. I don't want to have to put out stories or angles. But I'm just like, oh, for foxs sake. So I just said, you know that Hoskinstitutu will not be playing for the All Blacks fifteen that he had turned down to play for a turned down raiser to play for the All Blacks in Japan because he's got a knee injury and so, but crucially that means it keeps his options open, doesn't it to go skippity doo overseas and play for either England or Fiji. Qualifies for Figi of course, through Wassaki, his dad and then his mum is English or as an English passport, so he's got options, you know.
Speaker 1: Is that because he has played for the All Blacks right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think the last game was in twenty twenty two, so it's a three year stand down. If you want to play another another nation the next year, he'd be almost straight in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man, they'd put him straight in, wouldn't they.
Speaker 4: I think England would love it. But then can they afford him because English rugby clad rugby is a little bit dicey at the moment. But if the arif you said, well, well, well yeah, we'll talk to our people, because they've.
Speaker 1: Got many of money, so much twicking twigs and range rovers yeah and range rovers and estates yes, and those weird little gum type gumboot things that they were. But couldn't you the England. Are you allowed to play in France but still play for England?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, you have to play in England.
Speaker 4: They have to play for the in the English Premiership and that's the thing. So for Fiji, I say, reviewer, we'll find you and come play for us. Yeah, And so that'd be pretty cool because even if if they started assembling a team of Fijians who were sort of thinking about playing for another country or whatever, you know, like a tabatava nahwai or whatever. Although they've got lots of wingers, right, but you start getting your what your hoskins, Sotutu's coming around.
Speaker 1: Mark no longer need to work there exactly might have played union in a few years.
Speaker 4: True, I can't deal with it, and so yeah, that would be incredible. But yeah, playing for England. I kind of applaud if he does it because it's the most trolly thing to do.
Speaker 5: Also financially the best thing to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that could be right. It's tricky because he would command so much money in France or Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is France in particularly.
Speaker 5: While still playing by having international goals. England's the best one because you played international rugby and get paid a ship load.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. If you want to sort of cement your legacy is a really great test playable then England. You've got so many opportunities to just go well. The tilted the title of course will title, but the Six Nations is a big deal, even though we sort of think it's the box kicking championships, the world box kicking champions falls back instead of like, okay, we accept it's quite good, but except for elite, Oh I don't provedn't proved.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I look at that French competition and I think if you're like, obviously everyone wants to be an all black, every kid in this country. But you know, there's nothing wrong with just being a professional rugby player for a job, like and if you're going to do that, you could do worse than France. Those parades that they throw after they win the championship, the crowds that they get at those games, like, it looks like a sick place to be a professional rugby player, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: It is, the only issue with France is how long the season is. It just they pretty much grind you down. So if you're a number eight, they're expecting so many carries, head ups, what do you call it? Like jackals, your jackals, you're turning up to rucks, you clean outs? Yeah, all that sort of shit, and it's it goes on forever. That's why France are threatening to send an understrength team to New Zealand next year because this season is still in playoff mode and they're like, well we don't do not care. There's a long we bummed you once and now we just dignor fuck you.
Speaker 1: Can we still do excellent? I think I think you can do French.
Speaker 4: French is still look gay. We will not get canceled doing.
Speaker 1: Any white guys.
Speaker 5: I think about Italian Italian French.
Speaker 4: I think Italian. I feel like you can get canceled for being too Italian.
Speaker 5: I think why because come after you, you just don't want to keeps doing that.
Speaker 1: Open open season on the Irish help on Irish Scottish.
Speaker 4: Russians are all good, you know, does give them there?
Speaker 5: Still we have a great we have a great Russian.
Speaker 1: I support man named.
Speaker 5: And Surge came down and he was he was changing over service for each brand. And he came down here and the Flavor radio station is just here next to us, and he was looking at it lost, and I said, are you right? He goes, you're woking for someone form of floor and I was like, you, Mikie, do for.
Speaker 1: Is a flowing floor office?
Speaker 4: Because my my beautiful lit where I'm thinking of.
Speaker 1: All of me. He came down, he said, this graph on the roof a reactor for.
Speaker 5: So I hope he found flav but he did. He was standing right next to it. There was just no one there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so who are the people that Peter Archives have been brought in?
Speaker 1: Josh Lord? Just Lord's been brought up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh Lord, big unit, beautiful man, goofy bastard. Love him because he's kind of like the fun guy, the lock and so yeah, here's he's he's just good value, Josh Lord. And so it's this is a big chance. He's looking pretty good. Like now he's sort of turned that corner because he came in as a baby draft is like.
Speaker 1: Nineteen or something called up for that Northern tour just because what we don't have enough locks? Is that what it was?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I feel like it was just like almost what are they doing in the NFL the combine right where they just measured him and went yep, okay, yeah you go on the plane.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's mighty Williams, all these kind of guys. Yeah are you six foot eight?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you want to come play for the All Blacks?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah you do? Have you heard of them? Yeah? That's right. I was wondering if maybe he was a bit of a who's our man? American dad? Look Jacobson. Yes, because he looks like a future All Black captain, Like physically, that's what he looks like. And I always wondered if that's why he got because he got called into all of those chiefs early, into the all Black squad early. Do you think he's getting pretty privileged? I think he was getting a little bit of pretty privilege. Now he's backed it up. But I do wonder if because he's one of those guys that an All Black selected a rugby coach looks at and.
Speaker 4: Goes, yeah, I want him to be so do you can cut it? Isn't actually the goat. He just got pretty privilege the whole way through.
Speaker 1: Possibly I think he's definitely the goat, but I think the pretty privilege helps.
Speaker 4: I think it helped to get in a few teams here.
Speaker 5: Because you look at you look at the likes of who is Simon Calhane. Yeah, you know he didn't get much privilege.
Speaker 4: No, there's nothing. He's battling away and he's like come on, and they're like, even agree, he's quite cute.
Speaker 1: He's cute, but it's not hot.
Speaker 4: Carlos is hot. Carlos Dan Carter's hot. Nick Evans so it was skipping and Bowden's good looking. He sorted out his teeth. Yeah, he is hot, and he's kind of like, how would you call it, just like a storybook hero, you know, you can imagine on a horse riding he's a prig.
Speaker 1: A hot guy. I mean, obviously Richard Carhu, We'll probably be right up there with I'm just thinking tense but sorry, yes, yes, but yes, Cahu, you were just changing the whole paradigm and just going hot wen't. Yeah, but would you say I would say, would you say, if we're going Australian, would you consider Stephen Larkham to be hot when he was playing?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nah, he's a bit.
Speaker 5: He's a bit skeletory for me, Like just a bit.
Speaker 1: I know, saying yeah, the hit gear and the tape everywhere, but you put them in.
Speaker 4: The living suit beside a Spanish villa and you're going, oh, yeah, okay, just a bit of shit, unbuttoned the Man Simon shirt and yeah, exactly, I get it.
Speaker 1: He does have a touch of the James Bonds about him now as a coach.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I think he does have leading men looks and he's got a mole in the right place, you know, like he's got a good mole, one of the great moles, one of the great moles, Stephen Larkham.
Speaker 1: I've always said that about Stephen Larkham. He goes through gaps and he's got one of the great moles. Ethan Blackadder's also out as well. Yet another injury for Ethan Blackadder. Then you can't is it just because he's too reckless? Is this what it is? I don't know. It's just he's just dangerously unlucky and Dalton Papoli as well. So it's interesting to me that we're only bringing in Peter Lucky and Josh Lord, wouldn't we want another Lucy in there?
Speaker 4: Well they did ask.
Speaker 1: And now they're going, oh shit, okay, so.
Speaker 4: Not you, by the way, should they be playing a bit of Australian crawl to Ethan Blake and you know in his rehab.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, had Man, don't be so reckless throw down your god because I just heard you call them recklar. It takes a while to get into the chorus on that song. You'll notice that anytime you throw it on at a party, other songs made and you're like, oh yeah, it goes on for a while. There's about a yeah, sixteen baron a manly ferry. Yeah, makes sits away across the bay. I think this is a would you like a hot take place? Get the hot takes thing? Really, ge Lane, you'l you might like this?
Speaker 4: Why not pick that absolute freak of nature from the mulus Oli mephis open side flanker who played on the last week scored a try on the wing. Put the step on.
Speaker 1: And he's a flanker people.
Speaker 4: And when he played, when he kept using secondary schools, he had a game where it was like a heck and two crazy assists, like it was run meters of three hundred and something plus. And I know that's schoolboy rugby, but every level he looks amazing. Yeah, And so why not just go? This guy's so talented. Were still not sure what position he should play?
Speaker 1: Just pick him?
Speaker 5: So is he naturally a fling cap inside?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And he played on the wing, played right wing for the scored a try. I love this kind of it's got quite a good try aim and I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, well I've seen it. I'm going to have to follow that. He had two tracking across from here He's managed to get shake one pretty easily, just a little stop and then duck the dove in. It was almost like a touch try in the end. You know they're just dive in and you can't get low enough for them. You don't want to hear that's right. So yeah, he looks, he looks tremendous. Say let's take a quick break and let's talk about the MPC here. So we do have a couple of MPC semi finals this weekend, fellas, We've got the Josh Morby Memorial Battle of Topau and that's Wellington versus.
Speaker 4: There's Josh Morebury already gone to France. I feel like he's gone. He hasn't turned up for whiteot Or for a while.
Speaker 1: We speak quite a while this morning trying to find someone who played for.
Speaker 5: Both played Chiefs and well and Wellington.
Speaker 1: And we settled on Josh Morby.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to have a quick squeeze.
Speaker 1: Also, top was more than Wellington.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a lot of people from Wellington holiday in Topul. It's a very big Wellington bolt hoole. It's either that or the sounds where they go. So that's why that's the better of Topel, because because that is he is Chiefs country as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the Chiefs are not the Chiefs the Mulus. They tipped up Taranaki last week, that was and that was an upset and thus released Josh Lord for the Northern tour a week early. But do you think they can keep it going against Wellington this weekend? I know you're both Mulu men.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look the All Blacks are they playing again this weekend? When are they off from the Northern tour?
Speaker 1: James?
Speaker 5: Do you know they're off now?
Speaker 1: And all those French All Blacks have gone?
Speaker 4: I believe they have. So like Olmore had an absolute blinder and then Billy Proctor was on fire as well. So and when your Proctor's on fire, you got caller doc. You need to another thing as a rule. But the thing is he is. I think Wellington, though losing those guys, they're still super strong.
Speaker 1: That's my favorites dollar forty.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, but did you the way Aaron Cruden, the Old Master Old Yoda controlled the game and Josh Jakin the vampire like he was, he's trying everything he could, all his vampire powers had him and then yeah, yeah, and then but Aaron just ran the game and I just wonder whether he's kind of got that one last title with him and could he could he make a big run and control He just ran the cutter, But American Dad was the best in show for the for the moders last week.
Speaker 1: We were saying earlier this week I made Lane try and guess how old Aaron Cruden is. Deceptively young? Do you know how he is two? He's thirty five?
Speaker 5: Oh right, Okay, that's what it was, late dirties been for so long, he was so young.
Speaker 4: In twenty eleven he was skateboarding, remember when he was called into the squad. So he was skateboarding, and fucking Beaver was white baiting. So who knows what the other person was, will be good if someone was just honestly, I'm just watching porn and massive.
Speaker 5: Well that's isn't that what you do in your white bait anyway?
Speaker 1: That euphemism, right, that's why they always come back with such tiny amounts of white bet. So you've been out there all day and you've brought back one little SnapLock bag of white bait. Yeah, so yeah, well I've been doing other things as well there as you're getting ten on the on the phone though, while you're while are you going for it? It would just be I don't know it would help or where you just sort of all of a sudden, it would just be all that's all I've got. I've got a better offer for you. Come, I play for the all back. Do not tell me you masturbating beaver? Are you?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Stop it? Stop it? Or you go to be fair?
Speaker 4: To be fair? You got me there? You got me made ye?
Speaker 1: Well, man, I'm down the river. What if I'm doing down there? That's my best beaver. I've lost a little bit. I had a great beaver there for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's already clips the ends of the words, doesn't he a little bit?
Speaker 1: You're going to drop it down as low as you possibly can to be fair. And they're running in the back of the last word that said as well, and then good, he's going to ask for his boots back if you just keep marching into No, this is a term of demon. Spend a lot of time mimicking the ways of the beaver. And I do have a Worl Cup winning boots as well.
Speaker 4: I've got him on FaceTime, now do it?
Speaker 1: Don't they have plenty of playing? Oh sorry, just before we do. I was just going to say, cook Savage that drop goal? How sick was that? I know?
Speaker 4: I loved that? Someone said to me or it was a bit of a wobbi drop goal in anything from forty past isn't amazing drop goal?
Speaker 7: A bit wobbly? Who gives give him something like? Why don't you always have to say? I was like, there was epic and such a good call. I think Crewden passing the ball right.
Speaker 1: No, it was the winger. It could have been Cruden, I'm not sure, just goes snap it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but anyway, Yes, to pile Cook Savage, what is happening with Josh Morby Now? I almost feel like he is the guy who would decide the game. But you s back to the drop goal, Gulane, you love a droppy.
Speaker 5: I love a droppy, but I also love that name. To pile Cook Savage, yes he needs to be an all black well it it pretty much.
Speaker 4: Sums up a lot of the early history written by bley the Cooks, mainly by the by the British.
Speaker 1: Cook seven his whole. But it was the way he did it as well. As soon as he got that ball, he knew that's what he was going to do, and I feel like he's been waiting all season for that very scenario someone doesn't find touch. He's been like, I've been trying this training every day. I know I can do it. And everyone else around him was okay with it too, because up until then they were hammering the tryline right and then they tried to clear it, didn't get it. He's like, I want to fucking slot this from forty watched this, I know, and it was you could see the crowd and Tatanaki the just going what the fuck this is?
Speaker 4: This isn't the script. They all turned out and huge numbers and on one side of the.
Speaker 1: Wrong side too, on the wrong side.
Speaker 4: No, the cameras can't change, but it'll be sorted next year maybe. But the way that Taranaki came back and the forwards kind of like mowed through everybody in the second half ship that was bizarre to me. I just couldn't work out how they could changed, what changed, and how they couldn't win that because they just made so many mesas and every single time, why coulds have tried to truck it up? They're just like breck Wall Tartanaki defense in place.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a reason why second half Taranaki lost and that was the curse of coming on the agenda.
Speaker 1: We had Barnzy on the Weary on.
Speaker 5: The week before, and before that we had bred Shields on before the Shield. No, both of them were both very very quietly confident, weren't they, And then they came on this podcast and then four days later both of them were Actually.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm looking at it and recognizing the pattern. We also had Nigel Walsh's the coach of South Canterbury and Ireland on before they lost their first game and four that was about two or three weeks before that happened, but that's still a curse.
Speaker 5: And we talked about the Beanfree Shield Challenge with them and what we could do to whip around. We actually that I'm now remembering back, we said we'd do a whip around for the next challenge and he said, we haven't won of you boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, could you could you call that that interview thing the ship the bed segment, like in sell it to someone like either beds or ship or shipping. Oh yeah, well now mida mucial, Yeah, mida mucile like the laxative.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we've got Ali Williams on next and they've got he's got his debut game for Auckland f C.
Speaker 3: Ship outside.
Speaker 1: Now don't tells you'll know what, but also just to me if they don't know that. The segments called that welcome to the ship the big sig. But for the next person, he's got absolutely shit the Neil Buds.
Speaker 4: How's it going.
Speaker 5: We actually had to tell Barnsy we've got his jacket as chiefs social club jacket is like one thing where they had fucking gone, oh I.
Speaker 4: Know it's not you got given it by one of your mates and now he wants it back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said, can't carry. He goes here fucking can't carry. He wasn't happy. How did you get hold of it?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about America's Cup quickly if I could.
Speaker 4: Please do just bring us up today just before I.
Speaker 1: Do, though, if you haven't heard, James, we're selling our ute, that Ford Falcon ute. Look at that the nineteen ninety eight Ford Falcon Auto Trader. Want you to tell New Zealand about your your car. We're taking the lead here and it's a massive own goal because I drive that all the time. But you can look out for our Ford Falcons going up on in November, so we're get another couple of weeks. Annoyingly, work has already cut the fuel card off. That's just how that was disappointing. I got stuck at the petrol station the other day ringing Lane like, what's going over the fuel? Good cut off? What about sign? Running the wrap and seen wrapped black? It's jet black now yep, so you have faces and on it anymore, which is.
Speaker 5: And we've got some new bench seat at the front for the for it as well, and we've got a few surprises were going to throw in as well.
Speaker 1: Part of the auction wasn't g Lane's mouth with a petrol fla chucking nozzle storm purposes?
Speaker 5: You chucked your nozzle down stun purposes, Oh.
Speaker 1: Dear, So yeah, that was the That was the first thing we directified. Actually the other day we went and we were doing burnout, spun it round, we were rectified it. We're doing burnouts and they've filmed it in slow motion and for some reason, the fuel the fuel was the cap wasn't on quite right, so all of the fuel was slotting out of the tank and it was just coming out of Storm's face. There's just petrol coming out.
Speaker 4: Like tears and vomiting and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so good as we're doing burnouts anyway. If you want to buy that, you can November. All of the proceeds are going to go to November as well. But fell As the America's Cup mesh on the Hadaky Breakfast has cursed it because when we were four nil up, he said it's sewing up. It's coming home. We can't lose, and we said, mate, it's not coming home. That's well, obviously it's never coming home, but that's coming.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't care. I'm like, bring on sending it back to the Isle of Wight?
Speaker 1: Do you care? It on more? Now? So we will four nil up. They've now overnight won two races. It's now four to two completely different ball games.
Speaker 4: So we need to get to seven? Is that right?
Speaker 1: First to seven?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm the same as Gulane. I just don't care as much. It's not down here. I don't know, like I mean, it's obviously high level rich people shit, and I'm happy for them and I'm gonna let you finish. But there's other stuff, you know, like Beyonce made one of the greatest video music videos of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of all time, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I tend to agree. I'm really I mentioned this the other day. I'm really struggling my emotions. I'm struggling with my emotions. She don't they're not coming back.
Speaker 1: To New Zealand. I don't care. Yeah, I quite like the New Zealand.
Speaker 5: I could put up with all the Winkers on their boats, shirtless winkers with pals in their hands around. I could deal with that because it was here and you get to watch it, and I get to watch you get out of the vite act and by proxy it was quite a cool Atmoss. If they're forever now, it's always going to be in Saudi or UAE or Barcelona.
Speaker 1: Oh, my key factor is struggling a little bit. Yeah, it's imi.
Speaker 4: You get that. The prestige is there, so there's a Wikipedia page, it's devoted to it. It's pretty cool saying on New Zealand, look we want it, blah blah blah. But then now I just think that it doesn't matter enough. Like I even think the prestige of all sporting things is just dropping a little bit Olympic medals are still up there. I think a gold medal and the Olympics they reckon a major like leads to the co winning the British Open, but then a lot of those other things that we were told to care about because we all watch the news together collectively. There's one Now it's like, no, it's not important to me.
Speaker 1: It's such a good boy. Because the sailing, I always was like, I actually don't give a shit about it, but everyone's telling me I need to, so okay, will, but I don't, Like I never grew up Tuesdays Thursdays training sailing and then Saturday regatta like I never had that. So it's right. The boats are sick, though, the boats cool. Boats are fucking sick. Have you seen the pit that the cyclers they they look up, it's disgusting. It's literally the shoulders are touching the wall and they're just grinding it out like it's just their sweets just pouring down the sides of this little they call it the coffin that they said it.
Speaker 4: That's old Hamish bonder. There isn't.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it is like it's yeah, it's a strange situation where you've just got guys in there, just specimens, just going for it.
Speaker 4: I have to tune in actually and watch it. It's going to business end. You've got to watch the you gotta watch it when it gets to six or like a you know the match point.
Speaker 1: Match point would be great.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. Pretend you have to throw the last piece of the row for someone overboard or whatever. If it's a tie, you just keep throwing people over board. Most boundaries instead of a boundary count back, you have people overboard count back.
Speaker 8: It's like it was our last money count back. You just look who was the thin we lose that. Yeah, so that's the.
Speaker 4: The forest nation that's ever won the America.
Speaker 1: And so easily ship there is no one else and might be dominating per capita, absolutely dominated. You know, we love per capita per per access to ocean. The Swiss team along, he's probably winning because they don't have an ocean.
Speaker 4: It's good, exactly. Yeah, landlocked country are really punching above their way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably got us there. But yeah, a few lakes.
Speaker 4: We were actually a few lakes. There are lovely lakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a little bit of sailing petergree.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I was just going to say, now that you mentioned lakes, that that's how Deep Purple wrote Smoke on the Water. Wasn't it at a there at a Swiss lake and they saw a fire on the on the other side, fire run side and.
Speaker 1: There every tenage boy taught themselves how to play it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you could almost do the drug. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the rest of that song really lets it down, that intro circ and then when it gets into it, I really feel like it loses, much like this podcast has.
Speaker 4: It has a little bit I was gonna say enclosing, if you want to be proud in New Zealand. Oh, actually two things. One as while you're away, Gulane myself and and I talked about the idea of having a podcast with his dad and my mate who was mad about the Warriors, absolutely rabid fans. So that's steward Ons. So who my dad your dad is? Is it? Warren Warren Warren Stewart and my mate Matt Sievil, who's real estate agent in Cambridge, And so I think it might just work. So you're gonna have to think about that, g Lane. But I would have to mediate those.
Speaker 5: What would be great is if you still had this podcast and you basically had another audio stream where those two were on a phone together and they just talk warriors, and then throughout the podcast we just fade them up to see what they're talking about, and.
Speaker 1: They'll be like and then we fade them back down.
Speaker 5: We carry on and then we just can go into dipping and out of what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, he's looking at moving back jew so he's already approached me about about how serious this offer is.
Speaker 4: Well, why don't we have what about this for an idea when you're doing a warrior's call, like a match, you have them on on zoom or FaceTime so you can go to the lounge and see how the stuff they.
Speaker 1: Are the ultimate commentary you.
Speaker 4: Just you just put it on screening how's Warren Handling's conception?
Speaker 1: Just keep but then you just and it's like.
Speaker 4: Was that TV show they did in England where they sort of always follow them in that Yes?
Speaker 1: Was that goggle Box? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Google Box?
Speaker 1: Yeah, with a drim picture with my man just blowing up in the lounge. Yeah, you might put it on mute. It couldn't be much worse than what we're doing. The podcast that yeah, there we go. So that was okay, oh yeah, that's while. While we're talking about n r L. And just before we get to Allie Williams in the studio, we teamed up with our mates at helen Stein's to present the ACC's Best of twenty twenty four Warriors edition. We wanted to know what the best moments were on and off the field for the twenty four Warrior season. You voted on social media and the results are in and I don't have them written in front of it, so you're gonna have to go to social media to check them out. But best off field performance, try the year, Warrior's newcomer, best moment of the season. It's all on the instagram right now. Four of you Lucky Barsard's one two hundred dollars worth of Helenstein's just for voting as well. So go and check out that and let us know whether you agree or disagree in the comments. And without any further ado, we're gonna take one last break here and when we come back, James mccaroney's going to magically turn into Ali Williams. Well, it's a great privilege to have co owner of Auckland i FC. He's doing the media rounds this week. Ali Williams. Good morning, Ali, gentlemen. How are we good?
Speaker 5: Thanks here, and you're in the car wash in the car you really took him and I this morning?
Speaker 1: Is they gonna blow your ears off? Mate? She's on a bunch of here on your team later will turn it down.
Speaker 3: Who shall we speak to? Export?
Speaker 6: There's a lot of sponsors floating around here, but headphones are pretty tricky.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I am, I'm right in the blender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, third time you've seen me this week today.
Speaker 6: So the third time I saw someone was once the Queen, And when I spoke to the Queen, I said, you know, this is the third time we've caught up in a New zeal And that constituted a date. Yeah, so this is we're dating. Yeah, have fun.
Speaker 1: Smile on. Isn't it when you get isn't it when you get to third base?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Fourth base?
Speaker 1: Well, second base for us was discussing whether or not shitting yourself in the shower is actually technically shitting yourself because Brodi Kine, Well, by the way, we are on game or.
Speaker 9: Two halves, so you discussed this on Game of two halves. I don't think they recorded it. Okay, I'm hoping it's not live. Potentially are you going to ruin that live here? So you know, we're just sharing content up. I can't see it making the cart.
Speaker 1: But we did discuss with it because I think Brodi Kaane did sh herself in the shower and we were like, well, I don't think they're shitting yourself. No, it's a wet room.
Speaker 6: She did publicly come out and say that she shared herself and.
Speaker 1: I said, look, I don't know I should be around this conversation, right, but.
Speaker 3: My view is that.
Speaker 6: If it touches you in the shower, then it's shooting yourself. But if it's a clean.
Speaker 1: Drop, right, yeah, it's probably just.
Speaker 6: An informal execution of what can be done in a different manner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I I tend to agree, and it's just a little bit of waffle stomping is between you and you know, getting rid of the evidence.
Speaker 6: Isn't it waffle stomping? Now here would be the real real talk about it. Is is it four foot or is it the rare heel.
Speaker 1: I've never done it, but I know Loan's done it multiple times. I'm definitely it's definitely the ball, not the heel.
Speaker 3: Got to be it's got to be the heel.
Speaker 6: No, if you're waking, if you're whacking the front, that is doing toa squadge and everything.
Speaker 3: That's no good man.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not talking toes like if you like that little ball, because.
Speaker 1: That's way more nice, way more dexterous, even though it's yours.
Speaker 3: It's not some cow or I'm random.
Speaker 1: The feeling of it between you. And also, but Lane, do you have cracked heels?
Speaker 5: Is that the actually severely cracked heels, So I don't want any sort of excrement in there, and I find I'm a bit more there's a bit more dexterity with the front of my foot as opposed to the back.
Speaker 6: Can well you have a just just two seconds silence one because this conversation is going really hideously wrong, but also just a just a two seconds silence and more a commiseration because my dog last night unfortunately lost his nuts, got got them pulled out. So yeah, the poor kid, and many was moping around to this morning.
Speaker 1: He just looked at me and would you get it done?
Speaker 5: He's looking at you going what have you done to me? And also that we had our dog and they opened them up and they look at you and then look at it and then they go.
Speaker 1: You did this.
Speaker 3: Just lie?
Speaker 5: Or you're like, h poor guy, I'm feeling did you keep his back wheels?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: AND's got them. She's looking at them. I don't know what what are you going to do with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you do? What do you do with category? I not touching? Other people can don't tell the kids. So it's in the kind of shame is it so that it doesn't lick itself down there? How old is it.
Speaker 3: He will be?
Speaker 6: I'd say about nine eight nine months? Yeah, yeah, Portuguese war.
Speaker 5: You're going to say nine years old.
Speaker 1: You're a bad man if you've done that.
Speaker 6: Anyway, buddy, may I love you, mate, and you don't need balls to be to be a man.
Speaker 4: Be a man.
Speaker 5: You thought some thought thought some price working dogs.
Speaker 1: Get out there and for you. We actually do have a duck You have Daisy.
Speaker 6: We have Daisy and daisies for Daisy is about three weeks old. And the kids, the kids, they're they're quite a venturot our lot and they go to keith A Park and that duckling type of period time. They walked up to us and they said the poor duckling was by it and had nothing anyway, Okay, Anda loves her animals, so she's like, yep, bring it home and we'll look after it.
Speaker 1: A dog with no nuts and a duck and kidnapped duck kidnapped an abducted duck.
Speaker 3: So I got the.
Speaker 6: Truth and they were like, yeah, we shoot all the others away and we just got and I was like, you cheeky bag. So daisies, but Daisy's lives a pretty decent life. I imagine a lot of pampering, and so yeah, it's definitely a venture playground.
Speaker 3: And then there's then there's.
Speaker 1: Me e, well, the middle of the madhouse.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're obviously in the middle of the media car wash for a reason. The Saturday debut game for Auckland f C pretty big occasion.
Speaker 1: It's there's a lot of hype around it. Almost sold out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're almost sold out.
Speaker 6: There's a few more tickets to get, which I'm sure we'll get that we'll reach that milestone, which will be really really really really good just for a team and also for the town to know that ever run's behind us. But it's exciting, right, Like, you know, we've all well I've done sport, and a lot of the other owners have done sport, and Bill and Anna have.
Speaker 3: Done massive things in their lives.
Speaker 6: Right, So if you if you think about it, it's little milestones like a sellout, but also it's it's the excitement of what you're doing. And it's also the challenge that I don't want to sound Donald trumpy, but let's make sport fun. Yeah, Like, let's let's bring some real excitement exactly what you boys do. Yeah, yeah, let's let's make it fun, right because at the moment, I think everyone concentrates and focuses on results. Well, trust me, an athlete not going out there to lose right now, it doesn't matter if it's the Black Clash or whatever it is. We all want to win, right, So let's let that side to the players. And the guys are getting paid the big bucks, you know, all the girls are getting paid the money. But as supporters, let's have fun. Like, let's enjoy it when we lose in a weird way because we can, we can chuck some banter out blah blah blah. Let's let's enjoy it when we win. But that's also enjoy it when it's using next to your mate and something happens and you look at your son or your daughter and you say, man, they had a lot of fun at that at the game and wearing the merchandise and all that sort of stuff. So we're challenging ourselves to have some fun, be lighthearted and enjoy and get back to the community.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't agree more.
Speaker 5: And it's kind of the journey that I think the rugby Union's going through around there's a few losses and all of a sudden everyone's panicking. But I like it because it makes the fans care a little bit more and also get make the wins better because when you do win, because being a cricket fan since like you know, the early nineties, we were so rubbish, but we loved it so much that when we occasionally beat Australia, it was so much better. Yea, and you had and there was a kind of a group of people who didn't care about the result. We'd go to the game dressed in beij and just be fuck withs for six or seven hours.
Speaker 6: Well if you look at the Warriors, right, and you know, we all love the Warriors. Whether you're a league fan or whether you're not, The Warriors have this I don't know what it is. I don't know what their magic sources. Yeah, they haven't won a championship in thirty years, right, and they have a slogan saying keep the faith. Yeah, mate, we all want to see them do well. Is that the recipe? The fact that they actually haven't won? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I know that's scary to say, but is that the recipe?
Speaker 6: But you know, you speak to them and you see the Warriors and you're like, you know what, people just love going to Warriors games. And regardless if they win or lose, they love going to Warriors games because of the atmosphere and what it means to them, their family, generational stuff. And that's really what we're hoping to get to with this football football team.
Speaker 1: Another thing that we talk about a lot on this podcast, probably too much, in fact, definitely too much, as the whole stadium debacle debate around whether they were going to build the waterfront one, then they were going to put a bloody roof on the thing. Then we're reading an article last week, you guys are looking obviously first season is going to be out at Mount Smart and then from there are you looking at down the track some sort of Western Springs or some sort of stadium types.
Speaker 6: One thing I can tell you is it takes longer than a year to build a stage, So it won't be next year and it probably won't be the year after. But I think given our ownership structure, given our passion and loyalty to this town and sports in this country, we are looking at every options and how can we.
Speaker 3: Change it.
Speaker 6: You can't just change it from a basically from a sports team point of view, but from an ecostructure and from a physical structure, that's how you change it and turn entertainment. So yes, we are looking at those things, and Western Springs is a great location to do something like that. But we've got to go through the process like anyone else. We've got to go through the process. But we're committed, let's put it that way. We're committed to give the fans what they want. But it's not solely about sport. It's entertainment. It's creating a precinct that people.
Speaker 5: Can I've got nothing about admiration because I dip my toes and me Jeremie Wells and a few others are when the cricket debate was going on about where cricket should be and we got it and we've got an architect together and we put a proposal for Victoria Park as a test being, you not as a one day We don't want a big you know, as fifteen thousand people in vic Park and all the corporates that are around and everything, and you know, everyone thought it was a great idea. But then I like just skimmed the edges of council bureaucracy and I fucking nearly wanted to finish myself.
Speaker 1: Like I went to so many meetings.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, I'm in the same rowboat as at the moment.
Speaker 5: So I'll say it all. It is tough man, and you've got it. I'll be honest. We gave up because they just ground us down in the end. And I was like, you know what, I care, but I don't care that much. I'm just a Joe Bloggs. Just with my point there is I think there's a lot of good people in there. Yeah, and you know, fundamentally they have the mandate. They want to make Auckland great.
Speaker 6: They do want to make Auckland better and they do want to do things they asked, hamstrung by certain elements. But I don't have a problem with the people in there, to be honest with you. I think more there's elements and that's where Wayne and the likes are trying to make a change. And you know, I can sense positivity, and yes I deal with them on building consents and all that stuff, which can be pretty tricky, as we all know, team and escalating prices and all that sort of stuff. But I strongly believe the time is right and I strongly believe that we can make a change. And you look at your example for instance, you know transformed cities. It definitely transform cities. The big international one is not where we're playing at. Just to get clarity, it's not where we're our zone because that's a government council type of level. This is more a private, you know, public collaboration to give to the people of Auckland. And when you talk about down there at the park, I mean, look how the success of Haadly overall and christ It doesn't need to be a lot, right what we the simple things in life, the smiles.
Speaker 3: That's what we're all striving for It's not the it's not the.
Speaker 6: Massive gains or been seen to be this or that and having the shiny box.
Speaker 1: It's it's the simplicity things. What we're going well, we're all in behind you. We can't offer much from a financial logistical point.
Speaker 4: Of view.
Speaker 1: Right behind you. It's all about the vibe, man, It's all about the energy.
Speaker 5: Right when we're meeting the Port boys, we're going to meet them at Lily World beforehand, we're going to get the march on with them and get down that southern standing. I love them what they're about.
Speaker 1: I'm going to let off a flair.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, you didn't hear that, but won't hertit. But I do encourage excitement, and I do encourage variation, and I do encourage, encourage and encourage stuff.
Speaker 3: So that southern end is going to harm right.
Speaker 6: And you've got the Port and we've got football fans are different fans, very passionate fans, and the Port guys are driving it hugely and it's all self driven. We're just sitting there saying, you know, what can we do? What can we help? I think there's another element which is really really cool, and we're calling it this is Auckland, and this is a combination of all our ethnic diverse cultures that we get that we have in this in this town. And that is about bringing all those people together. And that's going to be a little area and that's going to be like a tailgating type of event outside of Lily Will So that will grow too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know that that whole vibe.
Speaker 6: Of getting together an hour two hours before the game and two hours after the game because kickoffs at five o'clock.
Speaker 3: You've got that time, and you've got your kids, and you know, you imagine imagine.
Speaker 6: Being a true blue Aucklander and walking through this is Auckland and seeing all the different different diversities in our town and going, man, this is a special place to live, right because they all bring something different, right, and they're all very, very passionate for so many different reasons. So this is our way of giving to the people before they give to us, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: And I do strongly believe that, Yeah it does. I thought it.
Speaker 6: And so that's a real passion of ours, is to really bring in Doug greater Auckland, not just you know, twenty people, twenty percent of people that actually born and bred in Auckland and still back here because may We've got Wellingtonians, we've got christ Church people, we've got the needing people, all that sort of stuff. But we've got a massive cultural diversity and it's let's walk towards it, not away from.
Speaker 1: It, looking forward to it. Lane has got a couple of questions. Who wants to ask you? We do?
Speaker 5: We do twenty two questions in two minutes. It's a very quick year, Snow. We've had Carl Mills coming here as Sody, Liam Lawson.
Speaker 1: What a champion.
Speaker 5: Legend, very simple, the quick fire. You don't have to do right or wrong. There's no right or wrong, no judgment, no judgment judgment as he looks Williams twenty two and two. Coffee or tea, coffee, sex or drugs?
Speaker 3: See hard or fast hard?
Speaker 1: Would you rather wake up neude next to Dan Carter or Richie.
Speaker 3: Mccaugh done both of them?
Speaker 5: Tie or Indian Ty? Eat out or don eat out? Freddie Mercury or Elton John wet or dry wet dogs or cats dogs, Travis Kelse or Taylor Swift, Taylor, Andrew Whore, Anton Oliver and Brady Retallick, who's the biggest downstairs?
Speaker 4: Oliver?
Speaker 5: What rugby legend? Would you bring back from the dead Williams?
Speaker 1: You did no. No, in terms of my playing.
Speaker 3: From the dead Jonah.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: If the serah maade did bring back Jonah Jerry Collins, and if the seramade to bring them back resulted in you talking like Stephen mckiva for the rest of your life, would you still do.
Speaker 1: It for the sake of the country.
Speaker 5: Have you ever fired a gun? Have you ever killed anything bigger than an insect?
Speaker 1: Who's the most famous person you've met now, Si Mandela the Queen? I've been pretty Yeah, I've been pretty.
Speaker 5: If you had a rearcurring dream that a snowman killed himself with the hair dryer, would you be concerned?
Speaker 3: Isn't that on Frozen?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Son comes in? What's that?
Speaker 1: Would you be concerned?
Speaker 3: I let them watch it.
Speaker 5: If you're offered a knighthood, would you accept it?
Speaker 6: Um?
Speaker 3: Probably not, because probably don't think I deserve it.
Speaker 6: What age do people say, say nights someone that goes to battle.
Speaker 5: You've gone to battle. You're going to battle? Yeah, the battle has just begun for you.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: What age do people say they've had a fall instead of falling over.
Speaker 1: I think it's two to.
Speaker 5: Have you ever screamed google me, motherfucker?
Speaker 6: Maybe not the last bit, Yeah, google me. Yeah, I told dad too. Okay, now now I'm actually doing it the other way. Don't google me. Don't google me, don't google me.
Speaker 5: Last question, if you were going to get a statue made of yourself, what pose would you be in and where would you put the statue.
Speaker 1: I'll give you time to think. An example.
Speaker 5: Tim Soudi is nude on a horse rearing up on the and he's going to put it on the front of Dan Vatori's house, on his lawn.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so that that wild. That doesn't be wild either. I'll go with Sally too. Let's go nude.
Speaker 3: Yeh, pitch.
Speaker 6: I'd probably do the the albatross swaying tree type of pose.
Speaker 3: Legs slightly wider than than normal position, but sure.
Speaker 6: And I'm sort of I need to be high up because I'm not I'm scared of heights.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I'd like to conquer that.
Speaker 6: Fair and I'm thinking potentially ah Paris, Yes.
Speaker 3: Looking back over so forty three.
Speaker 1: As a reminder, yeah.
Speaker 6: Probably at Okay, on the top of the they could resttraction, it'd be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be pretty special.
Speaker 1: Oh, very good. That awesome. Thank you very much for joining us, Elie, we'll see you on Saturday. Thanks very much, Jans, thank you.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for of you get your podcasts