Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the twenty fourth of June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Vulture.
Speaker 1: Lane. We'll get to the Rugby, do we have to? We do have to, and we will.
Speaker 3: We will get to the rug like as long as we can just put it behind us, we can.
Speaker 1: But we have to deal with it. We have to grieve, we have to have a tongue in for the chiefs, and we will in a second. But first I just want to address something that I've just become aware of. There was cakes and candles for Jeremy Wells's birthday out in the office this morning. Yep, it is his birthday. But except for the fact that it isn't, he's moved his birthday.
Speaker 3: He's identified as his birthday being late July, late June instead of January because he didn't like January.
Speaker 1: Because he was actually born in January.
Speaker 3: Yeah, January, I think January nineteen or twenty yeah, nineteen, very close to Dani Vittori's birthday twentieth as well.
Speaker 1: And so he's then moved it to June twentieth. Yeah, he's moved it six months. Yeah, he's moved.
Speaker 3: It to the day after the winter solstice for the longest day. So you know it's right, Sat, I don't mind it. You know you can have it. You can do what you want these days, because you can be born a man and identify as a packet of SNACKACHINGI and people can't criticize that.
Speaker 1: So he identifies as being born June.
Speaker 3: Yeah, six months after he was actually born. He's identified has been as his birthday, yeah, being six months later. And you know, you can do whatever you want these days, and you can't criticize it, Mini, because if you do, you are a bigot.
Speaker 1: Well you've been able to do it for a long time because there's someone else who's did it, and it was one of the English kings years ago. That's why King's birthday is in June May whenever it is. It's because his actual birthday was in winter, and he's like, oh, fuck that, you're not going to have it too cold for public holiday. Let's move it to summer. But Jerry's done the opposite. But his rationale was that, like January nineteenth. Who kres like, Yeah, you've just had Christmas, New Year's you're away on holiday. Save it and have someone to look forward to in the middle of winter.
Speaker 3: Well, he did say that the reason he changed it was to avoid scenarios like the office cake situation. And I said to a mass you stupid because you don't come back to work until like the twenty fifth of January. So you've never had cake in the office, and now you've changed it to a date where we can do it in the office. You've really shot yourself on the foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he said that it sucked and whos occurred because it was always in school holidays. As a person who's birthday is always in school holidays, I loved it. Fuck been at school on your birthday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But as she there is. I've got two kids and both in July coming up. It's the hell month for me. They're both in school holidays, and the issue for them is all their mates are away. So what happens is we have a celebration on their birthday and then two weeks later, when all the little shits go back to school, we have to do it all over again with the fucking party yeah, right, so it just keeps on giving. That's why I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Where do their mates got just leave town of the holidays.
Speaker 3: They or just bagger off. I mean I'm on the north Shore, so most they're in Fiji or Toma or somewhere like we're in near place in the Maldives.
Speaker 1: That's a beautiful part about growing up in way mate, is no one ever left, and so my my birthday and the July school holidays, everyone was still around. Yeah. I just thought it was innovative and I've only ever heard of one other person changing their birthday.
Speaker 3: I'm into it. I mean I was born on Friday the thirteenth, so I could be up for changing it, may explain if you thinks out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I've got an uncle who was born on a Friday the thirteenth as well. But yeah, I don't know. I'm not going to change my birthday. But I thought he might have been one of those people who just hates when people acknowledge his birthday. But no, he seemed to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah he didn't. He doesn't mind it. I would have chosen a bit of date, like you said, middle of winter. Maybe go for Year's Eve. Yeah, or somewhere everyone's partying.
Speaker 1: No, I'd go like around just after daylight savings, so when we're just starting to come in to yeah, you know spring Spring Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because I think you can change it when you get older, because when you're younger, anyone who's born in December or early January hate it because you get too you just get one present at Christmas, yeah you know, and you get overshadowed. But as you get older and you don't really give a shit about your birthday in terms of gifts or anything like that, I reckon put it around a party area Patty zone would be good.
Speaker 1: Only someone who had their birthday on Christmas Eve on the twenty fourth. Yeah, and they loved it because every year it's like everyone's at the pub passing up. She was like, oh, no, you have my Birthda's true. But actually they weren't. But but you can pretend, you can pretend. Look, we're dancing around the topic. The topic is the subject. Super Rugby Grand Final twenty twenty four. You'll winner has been crowned and it is the Blues. Twenty one years on from their last legitimate title. They win again and a resounding victory as well. Forty one ten. What happened all.
Speaker 3: Went completely wrong for the Chiefs manner right from the start, when the rain was coming down an hour before the start, it was like, uh oh, because, as Steve Devine said on the Friday, he's like, this is going to be one up front. You know, the Blues are going to smash them up front, dominate, and it's going to be brutal and a wet weather affair. And you could see immediately how slippery it was, players slipping over. It was like kind of a weird greasy. It wasn't like heavy rain. It was like they're just that kind of drizzle. You could see it on when they were running their footsteps. Yeah, so from the start that was like uh oh. And then in the first ten minutes, you know, there was penalties galore. Nick Barry was not having any of the Chief's manna carry on. He was threatening cards most of the time. Most of the game was under penalty advantage to the Blues, And to be fair, I was expecting more rezeldzil when they play under advantage, but they didn't. They just kept picking, going, picking, go, picking go, and as old Vern Cotter said, you don't win Awards for you know how pretty it is, So we're just going to grind this one out. And sure enough they did, and that the Chiefs had nothing Patrick Tupola to even Charlton one News. Fuck the How the fuck did he come out back from a four week injury two weeks later and play a game like that that was next level?
Speaker 1: My theory on him is that he actually wasn't any further along in his recovery than he would have otherwise been. He was just like, fuck it on playing and I don't care, you know, his own up. I'm going to risk it. Shoot yeah, fill me up to the girls with any pain killie. And I think that's what they did. And I think he knew he was only going to play. I think he played fifty seven minutes and I think he knew that's all he was going to play. So he's like, fuck it.
Speaker 3: I was sixty seven. He played fucking quite a decent haul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think he just used Maybe he's just like, this is as much as I can do.
Speaker 3: That's all they needed though unhelpfully that yeah, and he was excellent, that's all they needed. And now the Chiefs lineout struggled really missed Takiaho yeah, and Bradley Slater, the two first up hookers were gone, and you could just see in that first lineout Tyrone Tom he threw a ball that just floated and it wasn't straight and immediately Blues were on attack in our own twenty two. It was just like, Yeah, it was this bit of a horror show right from the start, and it was tough to watch as a Chiefs manor fan because it's back to back Grand Final losses for the Chiefs. They I mean, there are chants again next year. They don't lose a lot of players next year. There's I think they're pretty much that rosters pretty much stays the same. They may have to look at maybe beefing up that front row, yeah a little bit. They just seem to get out muscled by Tonga. Fussy and muscled, and it's a it's.
Speaker 1: Almost like a role reversal because I don't identify the Blues with having a strong, hard nosed forward pack.
Speaker 3: Oh man, they've been a strong year.
Speaker 1: They have. Yeah, they have been dominant and the Chiefs have been winning their games. From Razeldazzel in the back.
Speaker 3: Line, Yeah, from the Nawel nada. I mean, Sewan Stevenson had a He's had an up and down season and compared to the year before. Injuries, Yeah, injuries all through there. But Doughbro's been good. I think it's seen to don't as good. And I think you've got the likes of I'm like a poor hippie and Quinty Pye, Like that's a pretty solid inside back combination.
Speaker 1: Then you throw some Rezldezzel on the edges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Cortes Latima as well. He's played pretty pretty buddy well with Mackenzie. But yeah, I copped a lot of a lot of shit, mainly from my family who went to the game and they all dressed up in blues kit and then they picked me up afterwards, and then they all near just absolutely giving it to me, and I'm like, I don't need this from my loved ones. My phone has been lit up of people like Joel Harrison, like Delli, like all these guys just going sorry for your loss, sorry for your loss, And I'm like, yeah, fuck, you didn't make.
Speaker 1: A lot of noise going unto that.
Speaker 3: I don't. I know, I like, and I didn't. I didn't. I did not expect it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess the shocking part is how many Blues fans all of a sudden there were. So I was like, where have you guys been for the last twenty years?
Speaker 3: I may have said that on the commentary and was the Blues fans copped a straight from me on the contrary because I'm like, you don't deserve it. You're five thousand, you tune up for the first game next season, yeah, and you'll be champions. You don't deserve it. Like, actually, if you actually believe in it, get in behind it.
Speaker 1: That don't properly, they don't. I think a large part of it is not a lot of people in Auckland are from Auckland. Three of us in this room, Yeah, I live in Auckland aren't from Auckland. There's a massive, massive contingent from.
Speaker 3: But there is about a million who are Yeah, that's right, you know what I mean. There is there's only so many Kiwi kind of regional expats here. There is still a buttload of true blue born and bred auckland Is here who need to get off their fucking asses and go and support their team because they're champions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're so right. They don't deserve it. Did you see? Rico Juoni afterwards said that it means more to him than a World Cup? Is that because he's just lost a World Cup? Yep?
Speaker 3: And this is the first thing he's won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if he has oh of course, yeah.
Speaker 3: He's one a few blittersloads and stuff like that. But in terms of a title, yeah, it's the first one.
Speaker 1: So he never won.
Speaker 3: So he doesn't know what it feels like to have a World Cup title, does he No, So of course he's going to say that this is bigger than a World Cup. Is because I've never won a World Cup.
Speaker 1: This is bigger than a World Cup loss. Sure, but I think winning the World Cup would probably meant a little bit more to him.
Speaker 3: I think, yes, I think, yeah, let's hope. Let's hope he, you know, went, wins a World Cup and then can turn around and say I said this the Super Rugby, this was bet.
Speaker 1: I was wrong. This is hope. Let's hope he did. It's hope he eats his words. I hope he gets the opportunity. Yeah, and I think if you asked him he'd probably say the same thing. But yeah, disappointing forty one ten, That is a whopping score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just blew out In the end, he could sell that the Chiefs knew they were behind and they had to start playing a bit of razzle dazzle, but not in those conditions shut down. You know, all Bell's being kicked out on the fall, just being penalized at the breakdown was im metally. I'm not going to sound like a Wingingana fan, but there were some penalties that were like, I'm pretty sure the Blues did exactly that same thing that earlier ruck and got away with it. Yeah, I'm on the like, not off your feet, not on your own body weight or whatever it's called, come over the ball. We got panged twice and the Blues did it and it was okay. There was just a bit of that that just didn't fall, and as I think it was was. I mean, Steve Devine gave a great insight he said when he was talking about you can only have been quite lucky in terms of got the rubb of the green the Chiefs the last few games, the first ten minutes of the quarterfinal and semi final, they just came out of the blocks a couple of lucky breakouts, bounces and it's not going to happen a third time and fuck him.
Speaker 1: He was right, he was right, Yeah, you're right. It was like a couple of penalties. Now all of a sudden the reef is up. Luke Jacobson being like, hey, next time, someone's going to the bin. Yeah, so now you're up against that. And that carried on for a long, long long time. Yeah, happened down the other end as well. Someone eventually did get sent to the bin. And Luke Jacobson did I think in the end, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: No, No, it was a prop. There was a George Dyer. I think it got sent to the bin. But hey, all in all, I think probably the best Super Rugby season and terms of the quality of play and the running play, and because I was a bit nervous coming out of that World Cup, which is so turged. That whole World Cup. There's too much TMO, there was too much referees actually not just actually using their instinct and actually letting the game flow. And I'm glad there was a director for at the start of the season was like, just use your common sense for scrum collapses, the balls at the back play on, you know, don't put up with any ship from half backs, run of milk, penalties, just play on. Yeah, and that's it's not quite there yet, but it's gone a fucking long way to have been a better product than it ever has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely has. I hope that. I hope that people started to latch onto their teams again because I feel like that's when Super Rugby was humming. Everyone was like, I'm level die by my team. Yeah, and I think a little bit of that's starting to comeback, with the exception of the Blues. The home actually in Wellington, old advantage is starting to come back, you know. Yeah, Highlanders look quite.
Speaker 3: Good to Zoo. You've got the Zoo down there, So you've got.
Speaker 1: Zoo down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got like a little bit of passion down there.
Speaker 1: Even Orange Cheerry, as much as their place sucks Apollo Stadium, people turn up.
Speaker 3: People turn out and they've got something to go. They've got something to get behind. Now, Crusaders fans.
Speaker 1: They're like the rebuild, You've got the rebuild.
Speaker 3: Even behind them. Wellington fans should be getting behind their team because again their squad is going to be very similar yeah the next year, and they are going to be knocking on the door again. So yeah, so they're gonna be knocking on the door again, and I've they'll learn from this season. And then obviously Chiefs fans are just lunatics. They'll they'll they'll love it, like Blues fans need to step up as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but congratulations to them were your winners forty one ten.
Speaker 3: The social content coming out of their celebrations, I had to just I had to completely disengage through into the air.
Speaker 1: So now looking at our calendar as commentators, it does get all a little bit easier for the next sort of five or six days, and then we're into the All Blacks and the All Blacks team list gets named later on tonight. Maybe by the time you listen to this podcast you may actually know. But as we did last year, my sources have been worrying into action. I've been beavering away behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: He kidnapped, kidnapped another child.
Speaker 1: I've kidnapped people's children. It's hard. When one of the selectors used to be Grant Fox, it's quite hard to kidnap his son Ryan. Yeah, yeah, people knew where he was, so it's kind a high profile. Was so, but no, but I've been beving away I'm not going to tell you how I've done it, but I have managed to find, you know, a few scoops ahead of time. So we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, I'm going to get the crystal ball out and predict the next All Blacks squad. All right. As I said before the break, I have kidnapped someone's skid. I have. I've been extorting the powers that be. I haven't just read a press release before it's come out and then completely fl out of the embargo to tell you this. Although some journalists do.
Speaker 3: I don't think that they don't put a press release out of the Blacks team prior to the announcement.
Speaker 1: How are they finding this?
Speaker 3: They never do that. I think that that's surely not anyway.
Speaker 1: I've got my ear to the ground. Here's okay, here's the squad that I'm predicting. Okay, that's going to be Now.
Speaker 3: Can I say agree or disagree? Yes, okay, ago along, absolutely.
Speaker 1: But you'll be wrong if you disagree, because this will be the team Tyrell Lomax Ethan Flitch, and you'll to Mighty Williams. George Bauer. I don't think that confused too many people.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. I think that's pretty curate. I mean, I think both. So is that an entire Crusaders Fletcher newl To, Mighty Williams and George Bauer. Yes, okay, yes there's three of them, so just a couple of Islanders and one Blues front rower from interesting.
Speaker 1: The Super Rugby Championship demolishing forwardback. Yeah, this is what I'm hearing. Hookers Cody Taylor Suf obviously Tokyo's out yep, Ricky Rickettelli, I'm hearing Ricky Rickettelli.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, because there's obviously this is there. George Bell is a young hooker.
Speaker 1: Yes, between those two, that is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: Obviously that third hooker position is available obviously due to takyaho He otherwise he'd be in there. Interesting. I quite like, I quite like the cut of Ricky Ricattelli's GiB. Not only does the Rhino have the greatest name ever, he looks like a peaky blinder, he looks like a real good bugger and people like him. He's very popular within teams set up, so I hope he does get the call up locks Yes.
Speaker 1: And also your all black captain Dog Roll dog Roll Yes, is going to be in there too. Yep is going to be in the Patrick tooper Loor to even Charlton, He's going to be in there, Yeape dependent he's going to be named And I'm hearing Sam Derry Sam Darry okay is going to be named in there, another debutante. I'm also hearing Josh Lord, who has been out injured, could be back playing for Tartanak in the NPC, with an eye to bringing him back into the camp. This is what I'm.
Speaker 3: Hearing, right, Sam Darry interesting, Yeah, Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Darry, Sam Darry. Your loose forwards, Yes, Ardie Savier will be back from Japan. Dalton, Papa Lee. This is where it gets interesting. In the number eight battle we were talking about you know all of the loose Fords that are in the Peter Lacy yeah, Braden your set, yeah, Wallace Sititi yeah, none of them are going to make it. Hoskins, Satutu, Luke Jacobson and either Ethan Blackadder or Sammapenny Female.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, looks I think Female needs to be in there.
Speaker 1: I think he does too.
Speaker 3: I think on form man, that guy is a weapon, like you've got to have him flying off the line and smash and Sea next Tuesdays, because that's that's what defines the number six in New Zealand. Luke Jacobson, Yeah, it looks solid experienced, but.
Speaker 1: I mean Breden, you're set. I mean and well a side City, White City. I think side Titt might be a year to it. Yeah, I think side Titty another super season. Have an eye on him for the next World Cup.
Speaker 3: I think it would be too early to bring him in and I think Hoskins showed his class in the in the weekend during that final to probably have it up over him for now.
Speaker 1: Also, just the range of skills that Situdu has.
Speaker 3: And Peter Luckeye man, if he misses out, he'd be like, what do you have to do in super rugby? Yeah to get a call up.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm telling you now he's going to miss out.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: Where I'm hearing some real wild shit at halfback. Obviously the number one whose name's escaping me, Roy Guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's out. He's looking good day. He was on the same flight as us back to Winnington to Walkland last week and he seems to be walking freely.
Speaker 1: He's got a skutxy haircut. He's got eyes that carried deep sadness.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He he was seeing next to Joe. Jury was he and Joe was trying to engage. You got nothing, absolutely not mate, So fin like Christie Yep, okay, that's fair enough, incumbent.
Speaker 1: I am hearing a debutante for Courtier.
Speaker 3: The man named after a Nike sneaker.
Speaker 1: Has to be in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's had a great season, so I hope, I hope he gets he's a big body. This one was shot here t J.
Speaker 1: Pitter Nada.
Speaker 3: I think if that is the way they go, that is a huge safety call in terms of safe payer of hands. But I mean, is he gonna be around the next World Cup? Is this is this?
Speaker 1: Scott Barrett cannot be leading the hucker for us. We have to bring TJ.
Speaker 5: In.
Speaker 3: Well, Courtiers could do it.
Speaker 1: Courtiers could do it. You can't. Ever, I don't know, can you have a rookie in there? I just feel like, you know, obviously ideally you'd have the captain leading it. I just wonder if they're like, can we help dog roll out?
Speaker 3: Are you saying you're bringing they're bringing a hucker? Specialist disignated designated har guspacialist. Okay, look, I mean he's he once Roy Gawds was my Camroyds was out. He did have a great season TJ, even though he wound me up no end doing the Hollywoods in that semi final.
Speaker 1: He has played pretty well. First five eighths. Buden Barrett will get back from the overseas. Damien McKinsey shock. No One midfielder is Jordi Barrett, Anton Lennard Brown, Ricco Yuanni and I'm hearing a debut for Billy Proctor.
Speaker 3: Interesting unkept midfielder for the yeah, three of them. I'm totally fine with the Juanna, Anton Dobro and Jordy Barrett. That's experience, yep.
Speaker 1: Billy Proctor, Billy Procter.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Interesting. Obviously you've got you know, Quincy Pyre back in the mix. Yep, you know, I make a poor hippie. Who else is there on that? Who's installer hem install a heem? Yeah, he's injured though. Interesting, Billy Proctor, doctor Proctor outside becks. I am hearing Caleb Clark, I am hearing Amoni Nadowa. Yep, I am hearing Sivu Reese. Yes, I'm hearing Mark Tala yep, and I'm hearing Rubin Love.
Speaker 1: Interesting another unkempt all black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't mind that. I don't mind that. Outside backs, that's that's a pretty dangerous set of units.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's all the same dudes that we would have taken to the World Cup had Nada were not been injured. Yeah, plus Rubin Love. I think Rubin Love is the future. I think he's He looks excellent and I knew it from the moment he took an absolute screamer at the Black Clash right in front of me and the commentators both. He that was out of frageous. It was a free hits asn't count, but it was the most athletic thing I think I've seen in the flesh. And he's the future, man.
Speaker 3: What it is looking That's the big discussion points were the outside backs and the loose forwards. Yes, I think, and they still will be no matter what the name today.
Speaker 6: People will just told you it's going to be named Yeah, okay, but people will miss out and there's going to be some pretty I mean, like you're saying, if you're Peter Luckeye and Branden, you'll seat, you'd be like, what else?
Speaker 3: What more Japan here? I come like that. I suppose that's the danger when you don't get picked, players like that don't get rewarded. Hopefully, Razors seems like a he's a pretty switched on dude. He knows how to manage people. Hopefully he's on the blower to anyone who's missed out. These ones are saying, mate, you're in for the Safkin series or for the Aussie you know what I mean. But otherwise, because he'd just be like I could be making millions. Imagine Peter Luckeye playing for a French team like cleaning up.
Speaker 1: And he's young enough too that he could go over there and become like a hundred game duran for.
Speaker 3: To lose or something. He ended up playing for France.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the next World Cup. Monsieur, you're where's Monsieur? So a cooler then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been older though, so a cooler. He's subbi cooler. Was in his thirties he was getting on a.
Speaker 1: Wow unofficially, but I don't I reckon he doesn't have a bit. I forget it. Could probably go over and say it's twenty one. Yeah, so that that is that will be your team. This is what my sources are telling you.
Speaker 3: And for the first I've got two English tests, one into Naden on the sixth of July and then the following Saturday in Auckland. And we've got our pregames. Finally we got them sorted, I believe, sir. Yeah, so Dunedin, yes, now, hand hand on heart. We looked at trying to resurrect the cook I flew to toned it. Yeah, and we tried to resurrect Starters Bar the Old Ori. Both were shut down, condemned, condemned by the council. And see, you cannot go anywhere near those places.
Speaker 1: I went into Starts Bar and it was it's a in dire shape.
Speaker 3: But you can still have a party there. Anyway. We tried to revive them. Unluckily we couldn't revive any of them. So we found a venue.
Speaker 1: Where is it in the Kensington?
Speaker 3: The Kensington, that's right, so the old too, the Old Toe Pub the Kensington. So we're going to hit that.
Speaker 1: We went last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's officially going to be the biggest pregame ultra pregame in Doneda in that day because we've got live music we've got the Export Ulture Express, which is a coach that will be going backwards and forwards to the stadium. News coming on. Who could be driving that? Ye all, I'm going to only clue I can give there is the company that we're using as Richies, so it could be a richie driving it. Never know. In terms of the dive music, we'll let you know. We've got drink specials.
Speaker 1: Could be could be some local bands, Yes.
Speaker 3: It could be some local bands. The two for one specials will be on. It's from midday right up all afternoon. So if you're an English fan, you're for an all Blacks fan, get down there for that. On the tour we're going to be the near of the night before as well, so we will we might go do some door knocking around Dunedin and down Castle Street just to rack them up. I think we've I think we've still got a palette of Export Culture to find a home for.
Speaker 1: I gave away a palette of Expert Culture last time I was down there and I felt like Santa Clau was walking into these student flats and just sling in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the following week we're going to be at the Post men's leg.
Speaker 1: Which is over on the north Shore. Yeah, buses again, buses.
Speaker 3: Again, Glenfield again. That we're doing that one from about two thirty I believe on Saturday afternoon and we'll provide coaches too for the first couple of Hundi there. So they're always good. There, always a good time. I'm going to live music there as well.
Speaker 1: So beauty. All right, let's take one more break when we come back. We have got yours please, yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought you by Leader Home of the Top.
Speaker 1: It's always on a Monday. We've got plenty to get through straight out. You know where this is going, calling number one yours please.
Speaker 2: Max Harris coming in right from Eden Park, firstco thirty nine ten Tell the Mighty Blues, fuck the Shaves.
Speaker 3: Like you got the whole crowd to cheer mine. How many people were there?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's around?
Speaker 1: Was just like guys, guys, I'm going to send them a voicemail to the agenda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell the work. That's good. I like that is you know the messaging I didn't like, but the fact it was from the game live but an atmosphere. That's a ten out of ten for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've had a few of them. I've been thoroughly enjoying the life from the ground was. Actually I think we've got another one here. Call it yours please.
Speaker 5: Coming to you live from the ship House at Fifth Province in Melbourne. I just want to say a big fuck you to g Lane and mahoney. He comes with so one sided the whole time. Bullshit, we didn't get over the bug and Bombay Hills. Brother, what was that?
Speaker 3: I can now get up the fucking blue.
Speaker 6: I love he still managed Canterbury in there all the way from Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that, even though called mcony mahoney, that's a far better name for James mccony is James mahoney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very please Academy mahoney, thank you for your correspondence throughout that. I know it would have take I reckon that guy's in the toilet looking at his phone, just like you.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Want to get up.
Speaker 3: I mean the rest of them like this is that it I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, let's find out call it yours please.
Speaker 4: Why not rather than shrink it down to why Maddie, we extended and just say fun Canterbury.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, So this is the suggestion that people yelling South Canbary on these calls as as really kind of.
Speaker 1: It's upsetting the wide Yeah, and really.
Speaker 3: The argument was just to see Waymi, which is where you're fronts, is where I'm from, and this person he is asking to extend it to the whole province of Canterbury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too broad. Yeah, it's way too broad. The Canterbury planes deserve it. I mean Canterbury basically strip just from like Blenham down to well where I'm from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't deserve it. No, the wider Canterbury region don't deserve the abuse South Canterbury years, certainly.
Speaker 1: I just I just know that people from you know you Geraldine's your Timokah's, your feelies, your pleasant points. They're not happy about you in London. But you know what it is, what it is. It's not for us to decide totally. We never started.
Speaker 3: Its just a matter of it's just been a channel or a portal to unleash people's hatred on South Canberary.
Speaker 1: If you if you if you're wondering where it came from, where it actually came from, was there were these guys from Hines. They had started doing it. They were trying to get us down for their for one of their games. Yeah yeah, and they had a deep hatred for South Canby because of course Heines and Mid Canterbury and they said fuck South Canterbury and ever. I was like, now it's just become a whole thing, and you know, I feel I feel a deep shame for the for the designer that I've brought on my my home region. That'll be my lasting legacy is that I've just got the whole country saying fox South can Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, like I said last week, make some merch out of it and run with it.
Speaker 1: Make a little bit of money another call here your splits.
Speaker 4: Hi, fellas just was wondering. I booked a trip to go over there, Germany for the for the Bearfest. I told them thiss is that I won the trip through acc So if you could just sayers would be well appreciated, and I'm sure I'll see you over there.
Speaker 1: This is great stuff. Happy to this is great stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want from us, yeah, we will provide it. Because that is that's thinking outside the box. When you've played and booked your own trip and then you tell them, miss as you want it.
Speaker 1: It's genius.
Speaker 3: That is fucking genius.
Speaker 1: If you need like a video or something to prove. She starts to smell a rat and she's just like, I don't think you have send us through your name where you're from. Yeah, and we'll doctor up a whole fake sort of.
Speaker 3: I'll do well, do a whole frank voice break.
Speaker 1: And by the way, for anyone else who wants to do it as well, for it through.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. We'll pretend to do a live Cory and it. We'll call you yeah on air, and then you can replay it to the missus. Look we are we are here at your service.
Speaker 1: We're here to help. Look we we wish we could take you with us, but we can't. The next best thing we can do is eight and to bid you. And you're lying to your own partner. Now we're going to completely distance ourselves from you. If Sieva finds out we're selling you down the river, we are walking away, yeah, but happy to help in the meantime. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we're there from the seventeenth, So if you want to book it the seventeenth of September, we get it in on I think the eighteenth. I think we've got a few days in Amsterdam and then three days in Munich, so yeah, round that round that period. The first I think that's the first week of b Fest.
Speaker 1: Even if you just want to bug her off, like down the road a we bit and.
Speaker 3: Tell her that you're totally you just sitting up in Australia, but she's gonna want to see social media. This is a problem. She's gonna want to see some comms from over there, and we happy to provide that. We'll meet up with you. We'll get a photo, maybe a bit of a video. Yeah, you know, you made me come on the podcast for a little bit.
Speaker 1: This is good stuff. Another coll yeah, yours.
Speaker 3: I felt.
Speaker 6: I just want to give you a shout out for calling the Hurricanes the hurricanes, because what the hell is a hurricane anyway?
Speaker 1: Hur Oh I like it. I hear this all the time too, the Hurricanes hurricanes. It's commentators, the mainstream lamestream commentators.
Speaker 3: They call it the Hurricans.
Speaker 1: They call it the hurricanes. Yeah. I feel like they do it on purpose to try and make it sound like they know how to pronounce shit and we don't. But it's a hurricane.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got to look, that's what the chat is.
Speaker 1: King. Yeah, you can't be. It can't be hurricanes, hurricanes another couple, Yeah, yours.
Speaker 4: I reckon at some point they's to be minive as a shameless fight like a luxe and in heart you never seen to in the same room at the same time.
Speaker 5: Could just be an alter ego of manias.
Speaker 1: I do get confused for shamous from between two beers quite often.
Speaker 3: Well, you're in the podcast in game, you know, they were part of the ACC stable until they started interviewing amputees and refugees and dropped ones.
Speaker 1: And you know, just too brown guys with beards. I think is is the thing that's really throwing a lot of people off. Yeah, it happens literally all the time. That has sort of trailed off recently.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's because they've kind of moved away off the ACC. We don't really are really seen on the because I think people were consuming ACC content and just like they're saying beard brown, Yeah, that's that's Steve, It's that's shamous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it kills me because what happens is people But I was listening to your podcast the other day and you know, I do about ten podcasts a week, so I'm like, which one, but I can there's a look in their eye and I could tell. I'm like, oh, what one was? And you're interviewing Mark Ellis about his juice company and selling that, or if they're like you were talking to a breathwork coach about ice baths or something. Thank you? Do you like it? Did you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Like and subscribe?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: This is the celebrity death match that you mentioned last week, which has got a bit of ground swell.
Speaker 1: It's because on the undercart of David Nuka's next fight, he's going to have a few celebrity boxing matches. Yes, So that's Heart res Lux and Hoite Hosking versus Fairly. Yeah, cut the fourway, and then there's obviously you and Seamous Martin. Yeah, it's big.
Speaker 3: He's you need to work him around the ring though, you need that's what you need to do. You need to get him moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah's it's on a fitness journey at the moment.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't get in close quarters with him.
Speaker 1: No, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: This undercat is going to be bigger than the fight.
Speaker 1: This this has been great. I've gone down from a couple of years ago, was I was going to fight Beaver on the Fight for Life. It went down to storm He from My Day's show. Yeah, and now it's shamous, so I'm much more comfortable with that Beaver fucked me up.
Speaker 3: I'd say that Stormy Tower could throw hands as well. He's kind of he's so he's so naturally gifted at anything else, so I can imagine he like he'd have quite a sharp little jab defenses.
Speaker 1: It may not look like it, but I go to the gym with him quite a lot, and I have to take a considerable amount of weight off. Okay, whatever bar we're lifting.
Speaker 3: He's playing front row for like Takapoona senior Bees. So yeah, he's not afraid of he's not afraid of getting down and dirty.
Speaker 1: So I'd happily take on shermus.
Speaker 3: Steed.
Speaker 1: Oh no, chuck him in the two just all beards, all beards, yeah, between three beards. Another call here, yours face you get from Boger here, just listening to the old party on the way home and the organ traffic and just a bit of a bit of a curly one. You talk about coming up the river. The chief supporters to Auckland. It's actually down the river because that's the way it's flowing. But then you kind of come up.
Speaker 7: The road north. So the fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but yeah, that's that's the man. He obviously spends a lot of time on the road, having commuting between Auckland and porkenor this is important. It is important.
Speaker 1: So what he's saying is, when you're driving from Hamilton to Auckland driving, you're driving up because you're driving north and north is generally considered to be up. Yes, but the river actually flows that way, yes, so you are technically coming down the river and driving up on the road. This has blown my mind. I didn't know that's the way the river float.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes. It starts in Popoor and ends up going out Port Wakator on the west coast.
Speaker 1: I think, just because I've grown up looking at the map, I just always presume water flows down and I look at a map and I'm like, downs that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to wonder if the world is round, you know what I mean, this is your own research. This is evidence to me that the Earth is flat, because how could you be driving up Highway. But sailing down the White gaddow rivet. This is we need to do more research into this. You can do it, I will do it.
Speaker 3: I'll up with here anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got one more here, call yours fellas.
Speaker 7: I think you're onto something, but why stop? It looks and at heart, let's be honest, middle aged, bold, white dudes all are pretty similar. Right, It's one of my gym that could be lucks in all heart. So why not go full King of the Ring style and have a battle royal to leave one man standing for the belt?
Speaker 1: Thoughts?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I love that, Like Mary Deaker check him in there.
Speaker 1: Just any bald guy.
Speaker 3: It has to be clean shaven head, yeah guy, Like, no, I'm not talking to George Costanza. It needs to be Tony needs to full clean, full clean shave. Can't be Larry David. There's plenty. He's right, there's plenty out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There. In fact, here's how many there are. When we went over to Fiji for Boushevnaka promo back in.
Speaker 3: One of the great promos. But I must have met what a name? Yeah, the name itself were.
Speaker 1: Flying to Fiji just based off that name. Lee went missing for a date, like you just confined himself to his room. But we were you know, part of the agreement was we were going to put up all this content about what we were up to it while we were over there. So we just took to filming any bald guy at the resort for about two days straight, just from back from behind him, like Lee's off to the bar, Lee's off down for a snorkeling trip, blah blah blah. And it was just none of them wore. It was just all random ball guys. That's how common this phenomena is.
Speaker 3: King of the Ring, King of the bald head, white bald heads.
Speaker 1: How confusing would it be to watch it? Though? You'd be like, how would you commentate? Who the hell is who? Well, especially if you got hit gear on. Well, we'd need to put gear on and put numbers on top of the heads. So but I think the whole point of this kids lost if you put hit gear on them. The whole point is it's a bunch of bald heads. Yeah, it's gonna look like a t the eggs just getting around. We need to make it heaven, that's that's good.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: We need we needed We need a good name for it, because you're saying before it's the fight for life. That's not what we're we're doing. Celebrity death man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. And that one the King of the King of.
Speaker 1: The Egg, the Ting of the Keg Baskets. Yeah, I think we need to get the trovies. Gun. Thank you very much for all of yours players today, they've been absolutely outstanding. We didn't mention the Warriors today. That's because me and I will be diving deep on to that one. Yeah, there's been enough sorrow on one podcast, so that'll be out on the Mad Monday feed. Gun. Subscribe to that one otherwise we will see you tomorrow for another episode of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Accs, a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeart Radio. You get your cost