Speaker 1: Live from the Export bing Addin Studio and brought to is always by Export Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the twenty second of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Culture.
Speaker 3: Good morning to g Lane. Morning. Is it all gone? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 3: No? No? No? How to keep breakfast with an agenda this morning? Thing? Both of us got the morning off? Who did it? Ben Hurley? I think I didn't.
Speaker 5: Having rolled Ben Hurley out, he looks like he just got out of bed to just sware him in a hoodie and it's like he's in his pajamas.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did. He did? Or did the gym this morning. We're just gonna start there. Yeah, here's the gym.
Speaker 1: I saw a dear friend of the Alternative Commentary Collective, the Lucky Ferguson.
Speaker 3: Ah, the fucking manor Express.
Speaker 1: I didn't talk to him, but I did notice because I don't thank you know's who I am. But when I went over there, we were just on this machine that was right next to where he was doing his you know when pro athletes do exercises when seen before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, weird ones that exercise muscles that you didn't think you need.
Speaker 1: Like standing on a Swiss ball and juggling and that kind of shirt. And then I realized I'd taken my hoodie off and I had worn a Black Caps shirt, and so he in his mind must have thought those guy's come over here, because I went over there and then took my hoodie off and then sat down on the machine right beside him, and he would.
Speaker 3: Have been like a fucking really handy on my head. Yeah, he didn't talk to me. I didn't talk to him.
Speaker 1: And if he's listening to this, like, I'd just like to apologize.
Speaker 3: I wasn't stalking you. Look that may have looked like it, you weren't.
Speaker 1: Definitely looked like I was honestly so close I could have reached out and grabbed his foot at one, but they kept stop. Did you have like the white ones with the stars all over it? It's like the retro y Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's what am my go to. I just work out exclusively in promo shirts.
Speaker 5: You do, yeah, And whenever you siler shirt, were think you immediately into a promo shot.
Speaker 1: It's right that I sail the shit this morning maybe and is that what I had to put the black cap shit on. Maybe we'll lucky except any of those excuses, probably not. Later on in the show, we're going to be talking to Meddi Extons. He is the captain of the Thames Valley Swamp Foxes. They won the Meats Cup, which is the Heartland Championship. Swamp pyece on on Saturday, and so I want to find out what the celebrations look like. I'm sure he's not going to admit to too much. And then yeah, just what it's like to win the Heartland Championship and whether he was to watch South Canerbury get knocked out just before they had to run into them, could have gone so very very differently. So that is later on in the podcast and also of yours please as well. But I wanted to talk a little bit about Wayne Barnes. So he popped up at the top of your newspapers today with a story about how.
Speaker 3: He had to have an.
Speaker 1: Operation to restart his heart midway through last year's World Cup. Yeah, so he's got an issue with and I've heard of this before. I forget the name of it, but it's basically where your heart rate can run away on you and it just gets too fast. There was a what do they have to do? Just give it a give it a reset. I think there's like medication that you can take. But yeah, he had to go in for an operation where A yeah, I guess it turned it off and on again.
Speaker 5: Obviously that it's fairly not very invasive, is it, because if he's doing it mid World Cup, you obviously bounced back the next day.
Speaker 3: And the other thing I was wondering is why is the story come out now? Beauty?
Speaker 1: He's got a book out. I called Wayne Barnes throwing the book and this is shown up Wayne Barn's throwing the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it was the first thing that Joe Jury said out in the office, just like a will fucking this is why you know, this is why he's bloody duded us all these years. It's because in two thousand and nine he was diagnosed with this issue and then yeah, heart ran away on him last year and he was like, I can't pull out midway through the game because then there's gonna be all sorts of dramas.
Speaker 3: So he just had to go into the changing shed.
Speaker 1: And be like, look, fellas, I what a heart attack would just keep an eye on it.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the touches had to keep an eye.
Speaker 5: On Oh there is they do have a reserve referee. There is a reserve there because I've seen a referee pull the hamstring and have to go off.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he just didn't want it because he was like, that'll be the end of my career. Was that the final? Well, no, that's the midway through.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he did referee one of the greatest World Cup games ever, that Ireland or Black Skins.
Speaker 3: That was one of the greats.
Speaker 5: Hardly any controversial cause, actually none except the Irish believe that last penalty was the probably most controversial thing, the white lock and reach over.
Speaker 1: And now they'll be blaming it on his heart, Yeah, Barnes's heart.
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought he was going to blame it all on his shorts.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Blaine Barnes has got a book out that no one read and that's the headline that they're going with that one, the America's Cup. I mean, I am going to bear it. But this just illustrated my point as to why we don't give a fuck about it is because already Wayne Brown, the Auckland Mere is arguing with whoever the brings these things back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he said that it's Dalton Grant, He's the one that's in charge.
Speaker 1: He said that Auckland can't afford to host the America's Cup without a hotel bid tax, so he wants another tax. Okay, what this is the same This is the same mayor who wants to text people for using the roads despite the fact that there are no public transport alternatives.
Speaker 5: Okay, So he's basically saying, because a hotel bid tex So, anyone who comes and stays in a hotel in Auckland pays an extra what twenty bucks or something, I guess, and that's going to fund the next book America's.
Speaker 3: Cup, that's what he Reagan's I fucking doubt it.
Speaker 1: And the thing about all of these sports, like I think I said it yesterday, is like if people wanted to watch the sport. You've never heard the NRL Grand Final complaining about bid taxes or any of that shit, because people want to go and watch it.
Speaker 3: This is the problem.
Speaker 1: If you ever in a situation where you have to negotiate with the government to put on your sport, it's a clue that no one gives a fuck about sport.
Speaker 3: I like it when it was here. When it was here, it was awesome. I loved it.
Speaker 5: When it was here. The Violect was going off, Auckland was going off. It was a good time. It was a good time and it was a great vibe. Apparently we did our ass financially. Yeah, but you're right, it's really got very inclusive. You need a boat to watch it.
Speaker 3: Got to be honest.
Speaker 1: Even then, I went out last last time it was on and I was on a boat watching it.
Speaker 3: I still didn't know what was going on. It was it when we went out on our Christmas party and we came back through, what did you.
Speaker 1: Get No, I was with another company at that stage, and Bo was just standing on top of the thing is we were standing on top of this boat watching it, and the people who were genuinely into it, they were still watching the coverage on their phone. Yeah, because you need you need the graphics to be able to know, Like, it was cool watching them to turn the corners, but you didn't know who the hell was in front.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I like it, and the fact that we're the best at it in the world. We've got the best sailors. It's quite a cool thing. And those Peak guys, who are the best sailors in the world are making sweet coin and good on them, probably making more money than any of our ruggy players combined.
Speaker 3: How because no one's watching it.
Speaker 5: Well, no, it's the sponsorships for it, you know, because it's a big swinging dick competition between rich guys. So you want the best scapper of your boat, and you'll pay a lot for that. And then you've got another dick swinging comp going on between Larry Allison and Coots against the whole America's Cup with sale GP. So sale GP is basically a rival competition to America's Tap to show how dalla it is and how four years between competitions is too long.
Speaker 3: There's not enough competition. There's needs more action and certain things that we're complaining about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so that's when they see, let's do a sale GP with make it the formula one of.
Speaker 3: Then can we've been the America's Cup off.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, it's like combining the belts. Ye mount the belt, mount the belt and stick it all into sale GP and make it the greatest satury. But that's the but that's see, that's what Larry Ellison and Coots.
Speaker 1: Won't you see this is the administrators, man, This is no one who gives Yeah, this is what they do.
Speaker 3: That is what I was saying yesterday.
Speaker 1: Sailing is just lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit, and at a certain point a race breaks out and that's that's about it.
Speaker 3: Except sal GP. I know there's many lawsuits going on there, even during the race that were bloody lawsuit. Yeah, well that's yeah.
Speaker 5: These has some crashes and stuff, and but a jepardy goes on in that sale GP, which I quite like.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My point is, fuck the America's Cup. I don't like that. You've never heard the NBA petitioning to the governor of California to put a Lakers game on, you know what I mean? Like, if people actually cared about the sport, you wouldn't have any of these.
Speaker 5: If we can't afford to host it, we probably shouldn't have been playing in the pond.
Speaker 3: That's a fucking very valid point. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All the alternative is that we whoever wins it, hosts it and fuck it.
Speaker 3: If you don't like it, beat us. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: How also, I guess because we can't have the most money out of all of those teams.
Speaker 3: No, no way, but they can. But what happens is you set the design.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get two months extra on the and the designing of the boat ahead of everyone else. You decide set all the components for the boat. You so basically you decide the location. So you probably know the location well in advanced to the other team, so you know the conditions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's all But that's America's Cap. That's what's all about you. It's hard to win.
Speaker 1: It's got nothing to do with actual events on the track. You know what, I think I've realized I don't like racing of any sort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not just racing.
Speaker 1: I don't watch horse races unless I've got money on it. Even then I probably won't watch it.
Speaker 5: I think I just am off racing as a as a thing. You went about parameters. I mean once every four years, I'll watch one race.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Does that? Am I into that? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: But one thing I am disappointed if America's Cap doesn't come back is and maybe it can do it at the sale GP.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to do the first on water Streak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, like just nude on a jet ski, standing up on a jet ski and just hone straight across the course on a jet ski full nude.
Speaker 1: You'd want it to be dead flat, Yeah, because because you were bumps. Oh yeah, true, You're junk's going to be get a bit of moonhop direction. Also, you are going to get intercepted so hard.
Speaker 5: When the America's cap was back in the day when it was this the kind of slow boat ones, and when I was working for Zitim, I was working with the end Stables. We did the first ever all nude America's Cup supporters boat and we charted an old Mutton bird boat that having to be parked up in the Viadact, run by a couple of Southlanders who were the ruggedest thurds, like one stage women out there. Ice turned around and he was just smoking his massive bomb while driving us out there.
Speaker 3: Every on the boat's nude. Yeah, high proportion.
Speaker 5: Of girls actually, And words spread pretty quick when we joined the flotilla and we're all nude on deck drinking beers, and within like five minutes we were surrounded by police and Coastguard and escorted all the way back into the Viadact and then got off the boat and they just disappeared, like all the punters, and then it was me and Stables hiding in the bells of the boat amongst all this mutton bird fack naked, yeah, got no head clothes on by the stage, and the cops came down. They escorted us off the boat and we got a one year trespass order from the.
Speaker 3: Viaduct, like from the bars as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah what yeah, well what.
Speaker 3: How can I know just for being nude? But also you weren't nude at the viaduct, you were nude out in the harbor. Yeah, it was weird. What the fuck is so?
Speaker 1: Hold on, if I get skinny dipping, can I get trespassed from the viaduct because they fucking manage it.
Speaker 3: It was weird come up with that all? At what point? Where's that in the treaty.
Speaker 5: It's pretty funny though, getting it and the fishing boat we had that. It was literally a fishing boat ahead like a kind of a flag running off the top. There was some beer brand flag. It was like it was rugged airs and the guy driving.
Speaker 3: Was blazed the mutton boo yeah, and.
Speaker 5: We it was all free booze too on board, so unfortunately attracted a couple of homeless dudes jumped on and they were more than happy to get ned and smack person.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting day on the water.
Speaker 1: But if you're homeless dude, if you're an unhoused gentleman and you find out of an opportunity to get three person on a boat, all you have to do is get naked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why wouldn't I do that? Let me check my schedule. So it's been done. But it wasn't a streak. It was just more of a statement, but a streak on a high powered jetski, full nude with of course, with a life jacking on with safety first one of the ones, just the shoulder ones, so it doesn't cover up too much.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to go full nude. I think you're going to go full nude.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I reckon? You'd get done that? Do you for having no life jacket before they do you for being nude?
Speaker 3: That's through the fucking book. Yeah, for the life jacket situation. Anything they could find.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're going across the courses, Yeah, one side of the course to the other. You've got a time it right, obviously. I don't want to get in the way of the boats. No, that you've got to you want to be behind them.
Speaker 3: Like all streaks, you gotta have some match awareness.
Speaker 5: So yeah, So basically when they cross over, headed to a top mark, Yeah, across.
Speaker 3: There, behind them, behind them, Yeah, yeah, I reckon. That's a brilliant. How would they even apprehend you? They'll get you, don't worry.
Speaker 5: There's so many coastguard and like harbor master, harbor masters and police out there.
Speaker 3: But what do they do?
Speaker 1: They just pull up beside you. Yeah, what if you just keep blasting? Yeah, that would be good. Yeah, just head the head to the barrier. I actually no, you need other boats that you can DeCamp on. So basically you need to sacrifice the jet ski. Yeah, so jump onto a boat like you need to just and then have a floateteller jump on.
Speaker 3: All the boats go different directions.
Speaker 5: It's like the drag deals and coming into America when they have the nails and they have the horses that go over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the final scene of Fast and Furious where a million cars come out of the garage and I don't know which ones.
Speaker 3: Wor Yes, that's what we need to do. So you need to hit, need to get to a bunch of other skis.
Speaker 1: I know what you need to get is that there's a place down on the waterfront by swashbucklers there and it's got the people park their boats and it's like fifteen stories high with full full of boats, like a library of boats. You get there, you fill that thing with jet skis, so they chase you in the garage. Door goes down, comes back up, and there's a hundred of us all on a jets, all nude. We just go. Good luck finding the one of us that did it. That's a brilliant idea. Yeah, well that's the only reason I'm upset. The American's Cap is in back salpiece a bit hard.
Speaker 5: I think because he's so many boats, you got lots, there's so much chaos in that one. I'd worry that I'd get sliced in half where there's just two boats going uper courses. And also I think it's the America's Cap deserve a bit of nudity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 1: I think it's that'd be there'd be some pill clutch and going if you did that.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: All right, let us take a quick break and when we come back, Tim's Valley Captain mediex ins joints us.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, on the.
Speaker 1: Weekend, the Heartland Championship was taken out by the Thames Valley Swamp Foxes thirty seven to twenty nine at Boyd Park and SEATTLEHA against Mid Canterbury.
Speaker 3: I made a bit of money off that game.
Speaker 1: And joining us fresh after celebrations is the captain Maddie Exton. Mate, we can see there on the zoom. Have you got a bit of a shiner? Is that is that the last trophy from the game?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good a man, This is actually a little bit of friendly fire. The cops probably in the first twenty minutes came into cleaner ruck and tracked me on the way through. So yeah, when it happened, the first thing I was thinking was like, oh no, that's going to be stitches.
Speaker 4: That will take me out of Saturday night.
Speaker 1: So so how have the celebrations been? Obviously, you guys won on on Saturday, and yeah, what what did it look like on Sunday?
Speaker 3: Have the celebration has been since then? Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was really good obviously, as you leader's all finally don't want to think about about the Sunday. But you kind of have to be organized enough to have something really so you can tell partners what you have to and all that. So we just thought of a wholesome party bus around the around the region, around the valley would be it would be cool. Got a bit of a tickie tours, so we stopped off on a few pubs we went to. We went to Teadle Thames and Pidor spit of a loop around and you know, we're luckily enough to have the Meads Cup on board and kind of got on got on on it with the locals and had a few beers and yeah it was really good actually.
Speaker 3: And what shape as the Meads Cup?
Speaker 1: And right now because we saw after hawks Bay won the Old Shield last year, you know it was in a bit of disappears.
Speaker 3: There is the Meads Cup and good Nick.
Speaker 4: Well no it's not.
Speaker 6: But we kind of got it like that, like we had to go filling up, you know, because you always want to s so how many beers you can fit in it? And it's just leaking like a sib so like oh you boys in South Canby have been treating there, but mean.
Speaker 5: Ah, yeah, I six South Canterbury to do that. Kind of thing and disrespect the trophy.
Speaker 3: Was it made? Was there a bit of a relief.
Speaker 5: To see old Mid Cannibury knock South Canterbury out in that semi because they've been a really formidable team for five years now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they had and I've just been dominant the whole way through and credit to them.
Speaker 4: I mean we had a crackit them in twenty one in.
Speaker 6: The final down there if the meats Cup and and man they put probably twenty or thirty on us that day and they've just kind of been untouchable.
Speaker 4: So yeah, to see.
Speaker 6: Mid Canibury get up like we're aesthetic, you know because we get the home got home final. Yeah, but I mean no matter who you play in the final, they don't get there by chance, right, So we knew that we're in for it. And a team like Mid Canbary they can show they play for eighty minutes and they don't give up. You know, if you put a bit of pressure on teams, they tend to roll over on seventy minutes, but not those boys.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they definitely didn't roll over in that Finally, that was very hard fought. What's so the scoring has been massive season is it. Have you noticed anything different about this season Heartland from the from the previous seasons. Every game the over under for total point has been said at like fifty odd almost sixty. Is there something about the style of footy that's being played?
Speaker 4: Or I think anyone likes defense.
Speaker 6: That it's strange that you've got really good players all the way through, you know, guys who have played a lot of NPC Super footy, or maybe they just come back, you know, they're going to play a few more seasons before they hang up the boots. So you've got there, and then you've got your your classic kind of Heartland homegrown boys that are probably starting their journey, so it can be a little bit all over the show. And then you've got, you know, a few weeks to prepare for it and just check everyone in and go for it. So you can get these games where you score amazing tries, but then you might not catch a kickoff, you know, you turn it over and then all of a sudden you're under the post. Two months later, you're like, oh, you probably saw from the case final like over time it was like forty six forty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, some of that.
Speaker 4: Just kind of you know, yeah, amazing games.
Speaker 5: So you're saying there that you know kind of teams potentially just get thrown together. You guys are Heartland champions, So it means next year you get to get a horn at the Ramfully Shield in Taranaki.
Speaker 3: Does that How does that change it?
Speaker 5: How does that changed summer for the Swamp Foxes, you know, because a bit of an earlier, earlier start.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I was lucky enough to be around for the Red Challenge when we played Otago down there and got called into it, and we had I think two trainings on a field in Wahoe that had really had lights.
Speaker 4: I think we had to show the horses off.
Speaker 6: It done like a line out session, and then we walked through some some set plays and we've got on the plane and went down and yeah, I think at half time we're up maybe by three points or something. And then we scored another drug, another penalty, and I would like to say we're in it for sixty months and.
Speaker 4: Then put in there, but I don't think that will change.
Speaker 6: To be fear, We've got a message from our coach is saying enjoy some of the boys. You know, we'll be in touch. But you can't stress it too much. Hey, you've got to let the boys kind of relax into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to pass on your apologies to my apologies to your coach as well, because I actually asked him if he could come on this morning as well. But then we had to bump him for you because we had a caller call into the podcast last week and he said that he he gave us a hot tip that we should all bet on the swamp Foxes this weekend to win the Mets Cup because he saw you eat a banana in two bites.
Speaker 3: Do you know who would have sent that in?
Speaker 1: And how do you respond to the allegations that you can eat a banana in two bits?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I'm on competitive, but I'm probably not gonna be on there.
Speaker 4: Maybe on Sunday around the boys. I sound like there's a snitching camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does. I've gotta be honest.
Speaker 1: As soon as we heard that, I was like, yeah, I'm loading up on the swamp Foxes and that's all on. He had some success, Yeah, I had a bit of success. Yeah, we got a week gambling thing going on here. And whoever hits the fewest leagues this year, they have to carry the bags for a round of golf.
Speaker 3: And I've been, I've been.
Speaker 1: I'm from South Canbrary, so I've been riding South Canterbury home this whole season. As soon as they got tipped up, I was like, spipe be it against Mid Canterbury.
Speaker 3: Fuck med Cannibury.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean occurred some mcnbury.
Speaker 6: Like you know, after the final and that doesn't get your way, you feel pretty down. But those boys, they came to half the match, they got around it. They were bloody singing and dancing on tables, enjoying it. And you know, you don't mind when you kind of lose to good teams, well you know for a better teams winning and you get around them, you have a beer. And I kind of felt like that on said they night, so like, no, those Canary boys are good boys.
Speaker 1: And then you had the Sunday obviously a bit of a tikey tour on Sunday. What is there anything else planned? I mean you can't let the party die. Surely is there anything on teed up for Friday? Bit of a long lunch?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Well I'm hoping the boys get back into it.
Speaker 6: Myself and a few other lads will be done in Wellington for INSI at Heartland. So we assemble on the Friday, you know, we go go for a week games against New Zealand, Moldy Select and the Barbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, for me, that's probably will be the focus for the next week two weeks. But after that might be able to run the troops and you know, get a few invites out there.
Speaker 3: Nice maybe that good stuff.
Speaker 5: Man, keep doing what you're doing with all that that Goldfield school stuff was pretty cool with old Harper doing his doing his cartwheels and his muscles.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was good that you guys what you go to the community as well, so that's awesome.
Speaker 4: It was that almost didn't happen on Harper.
Speaker 6: So he was supposed to do it when we ran out because that was at halftime when he did his.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, yeah, he was supposed to do it at the Stuart.
Speaker 6: But Brett Reno, who's just played like his fiftieth game the Union had promised him that his son could run the ball out, right, They pushed Harper to halftime and then you know, Brett's sons around the ball out which is cool.
Speaker 4: When they came on half time, did his thing and kind of stole the shows.
Speaker 6: We were down I think by maybe a try and he's doing cartwheels and are kind of cracking up and like, boys, we need energy like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, man.
Speaker 5: He just kept on going to He did like two or three the flex and then he had two or three more stopped a couple more flexes.
Speaker 3: Has to take him on the road every week.
Speaker 6: His favorite wrestler is Triple H and our ten announcements were made with the Triple H wrestling song in the background. Oh yeah, nice time to play the games. So like little things like that, you know, it just kind of keeps irrelevant and cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awesome, good ship man, worth to get you back on ahead of the Shield Challenge as well. I know you'd never say it, but Jaez, look, if you'd won Heartland, you're almost not want to make the Heartland fifteen. Just so you keep keep the party rolling without any consequences. Enjoy the enjoy the wind, mate, Go well in the next couple of weeks as well, and enjoy your off season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, appreciate it, man, Thanks for reaching out.
Speaker 3: Noways cheers Maddie.
Speaker 1: The honor and a privilege to have the Swamp Foxes Captain at Meddi Exton's what a great New Zealander there on the show. If you haven't heard already Lane and I know you have, Auto Trader want you to tell New Zealand about your car. And here at the Alternative Commentary Collective we are taking the lead. We're selling our beloved nineteen ninety eight Ford Falcon Ute on Auto Trader with all the proceeds going to the great New Zealanders at November in z You can look out for our Ford falcon on November this November on Auto Trader and tell New Zealand about your car.
Speaker 3: So is that next week? Is that the first of November next week? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's going to be auctioned on there.
Speaker 5: And there's going to be a few surprises. We're going to include in the glove box of that thing as well, which is going to take the value up. Well, they're worth about five grands worth of extras we're going to throw in. So I can't wait to get that on the Auto Trader. Although you do drive it, so it's a bit of an own goal for you, massive on goal for me.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 1: Like I said, we are donating all the profits all the proceeds from selling this car to November, and so a few people have gotten on board to.
Speaker 3: Help us out with that.
Speaker 1: There's some pretty good freeb's going into this thing and the other surprises. You're gonna have to try and outbid me, because I'm going to try and fucking buy this steak because I've realized the more I like, I drive it to them from work all the time, and I love that car and I don't think I'm going to be able to deal with, you know, moving on from it. So yeah, you're going to have to try and out bid me, which good news for you if you're looking to buy this on broke, so heck could work in your favor. All right, let's get into yours please, Yours please.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Leader Home of the Lap.
Speaker 1: Think it's about four to get through today, first caller, yours please?
Speaker 7: All right, a bit of good oil for you lads.
Speaker 4: First in the.
Speaker 7: Story is apparently South Kenterbury is still in the mix for a chairchampionship this year. Tim Mumber pick Elliott has been called on the Wellington team for this weekend's final.
Speaker 5: So up South Canterbury, Well, I mean, do you do that well, well, yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Okay, you do it.
Speaker 5: He's been blaming South Canbury all year and he's just got to come and play the final for Wellington and they short of Hooker.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago they released the entire all back squad back into the NPC and I wrought hevoc on the playoffs.
Speaker 3: There are teams that are in there that shouldn't be. There are teams that are out that shouldn't be.
Speaker 5: I think the right two teams are in there now though, I think that sorted itself out because Werington qualify top.
Speaker 3: They plenty have had a good, good run. I feel like.
Speaker 1: Desmond should have had a They just ran into a buzz or and a juiced up Cannerbury squad. Yeah that's true, but yeah, I can't see why not I did. I heard that that voicemail this morning and I had a quick google. There's no no confirmed reportings on the mainstream site.
Speaker 3: So but that was that was hot oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah you heard it here first on their gender podcast this week come to for the scoops. So that could be huge, huge for Wellington. Another caller here, yours pase.
Speaker 4: Okayis have you even a great Tuesday here.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to come on here and congratulate the AUKLANDFC and the supporters on the inaugural game and victory in the A League over the Prison or looking forward to the rivalry match between the Phoenix and them, just on them.
Speaker 4: I wanted to.
Speaker 8: Introduce maybe an idea to some Morgan exvans here. Since the Phoenix are doing the tops off, what an Aukland go a see further and do pants off in the stands?
Speaker 3: Sorry, anyway, very rue.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, just pants off? Swing it around your head now the issue you're going to run into. And I did think about this at the ground because I've had the same thought where I was sitting.
Speaker 3: I said yesterday there was a bunch of kids trying to get a thing started. A Mexican wave meanscan wave. You would need everyone to.
Speaker 1: Be on the same page. It's like jumping off a cliff into the sea at the same time. Times three to one. We all go at the same time, because if only one of you goes, you're getting kicked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, if you've got jeans and you've got a belt on the bottom of your pants, and you're swinging that around your head.
Speaker 1: You're collecting people in the head. If someone bumps into you and you've got your pants around your ankles, you're gonna tip over. It's just there's a few problems there.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe just remove your pants completely and the hole stand does helicopters?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Oh I thought you meant waving there no no pants around your head? DELI with you, right, Okay, it's quite cold at some of those games.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It would certainly great some noise that'll go.
Speaker 1: Viral for sure, and they can't kick us all out. I think that's something that's important to remember.
Speaker 3: You gotta remember that pack pack mentality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it would be quite problematic with the kids around again, that's sort of the first thing I'm thinking of.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think pants off makes sense. Yeah, well what or we.
Speaker 5: Are about to take stock of about ten thousand steed of the ship hats.
Speaker 3: Yep, and obviously the port supporters.
Speaker 5: Of you know, they're all about the port. I think their logo actually has a sailor on it with a sailor's hat. Great, could we supply them with some seat of the ship hats. Some expert ultra steed of the ship hats. But maybe it should be you know when the sailors used to leave and they used to raise their hats they go off to war.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's something like that. So it's like oh yeah, ah.
Speaker 5: That and everyone takes their hats off and waves the hats. Yeah, so maybe it's something like that. It's kind of classier, but classier than getting your kid.
Speaker 3: Off and we turn a profit. That's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: This is and this is what Auckland FC one I talked to Ellie Williams about fifteen times last week. He said that because people kept asking him about like, oh, is there going to be this charge or that charge or whatever, and every time he's just like, look.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna let the fans sort of yeah, it don't I can't engineer that shit. Nah.
Speaker 5: It's like when New Zealand cricket back in the day they tried to start arriving to the Barmie Army and they started the mad Caps and they got some comedian to come and lead the mad Caps and it was all created by its all created by New Zealand Cricket and it sucked hard. People don't want that, and that's what with the Beige Brigade we started with Paul Ford and I. We were so outraged by that that when we started the Beige Brigade, we started selling the BEI shirts. And the first hundred dollars we made, we sent it to New Zealand Cricket with a letter saying, her, Dear New Zealand Cricket, this is who we are.
Speaker 3: This is what we're about.
Speaker 5: Supports about passion, not fashion, all this kind of hero and here's our first hundred dollars we've ever made to put towards some decent marketing initiatives, not stuff like this dodor When we listed all the ship mark like mad Caps, all this other crap, and they wrote back, and it's in the acc book.
Speaker 3: They wrote back about a.
Speaker 5: Week later, Martin Snedden saying that they invested millions of dollars in the black Caps brand and they're not going to play in beij And they banked the fucking chair. Don't worry about that. Yeah, the bank the hundred Actually yes they did. That was back in the day when you'd seen chicks. Yeah, they banked it, don't worry. But and then again and what happens five years later they played in Beige.
Speaker 3: Course.
Speaker 1: Yeah I like that, setting them their first hundred, which by rights should have been yours. But you couldn't fucking think to do it yourself. So we've done it for you.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. Yeah, I love the grenading the port with their hats. Just give them more hats.
Speaker 1: And if I bump into Oli Williams for the sixteenth time, yeah, I'll let him know. Climb on a chair and tell him yeah, whispered into his ear.
Speaker 3: Now they call it here heel spurs.
Speaker 9: Good to see the ACC who have been massive supporters and champions of the Round Bowl in New Zealand for years. Now go and support orpen FC. What should I say, jump on the bandwagon when there's been a perfectly good, successful New Zealand team just down the road for years, the Wellington Open FC up the Bloody Necks.
Speaker 3: Look, uh, surprise, surprise.
Speaker 5: We live in Auckland, both of us live in Auckland, Okay, and we don't have a team and I know and now we do so and they we were there at their first game, which some would say that's where you're building the bandwagon, not when you're on it.
Speaker 3: Well, Yeah, I don't understand the bandwig.
Speaker 1: There's been so much on social media about the a SEC's bandwagon fans.
Speaker 3: Although aren't we.
Speaker 5: Day one fans? Isn't that the direct opposite? And can you let us be fair? Are we allowed to be? This is the fucking problem here. Everyone's so so protective. It's like if we want to be even if we want to be bandwagon fans, we can't because the team doesn't exist. So how can we be bandwagon fans? And even if we are surely more than Maria no, or are we just keen just to limit it to just hardcore funck with?
Speaker 1: What's the bandwagon? When did the bandwagon start? The team didn't fucking exist. If you look at the Warriors, what's the opposite of a bandwagon fan? As a day one fan, we are day one fans of the yeah and nothing against the next. The very successful a league heaps against the next, fuck the next. If we can't go on any of their games, because that's right. And by the way, you guys can and you didn't, So yeah, crowd was terrible weekend. Yeah, but anyway, Yeah, I can't wrap my head around the bandwagon chat. Yeah, I've been to every single game they've ever played. I watched every single minute of every game I have.
Speaker 3: You're going this weekend?
Speaker 5: No, I couldn't get into the lily world. I can't go this game. It's Labor weekend. Yeah, so I hope they have a good crowd because I it was a good time. I think we've got one more. We got one more call of yours please.
Speaker 7: The soccer I've never been a fan of the old soccer football roundble.
Speaker 4: It's good for Aukland.
Speaker 5: Everybody says you can behind it, am I correct and saying our first goal was an own goal?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's sort of very Awkland like. It's almost like overpopulated in.
Speaker 7: City and forgetting to build the roads.
Speaker 4: What was the flyover.
Speaker 8: One of our broken planes or Ali Williams's helicopter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the flyover, I think that was just a private It was a private collection, a private collection of a vintage planes went over.
Speaker 3: I think our Air Force crashed into a reef on the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, I think they were a bunch of mainly former New Zealand pilots, uh own those planes, those private kind of.
Speaker 3: Planes. That was the flyover. So now it was well, good on that.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 5: You know he's wasn't a fan of the round ball, but now he is, and get on yet, look and tell you what he's a Kids love it. Kids love these kind of events as well. So soccer ball.
Speaker 3: So much going on. There's like a big slide at the end. There was heaps of games going on.
Speaker 1: I will say this is the first game of professional soccer that I've ever watched live and in the flesh. Really, yeah, I don't think it. Well, when would I have watched a professional football game?
Speaker 3: How many go to an all whites game? How many?
Speaker 1: How many all whites games do you think they played in tomorrow? Okay, enough, so I'd never seen it, but it was. It's a much better sport to watch in person than I think it is on TV. If you don't understand it because on TV you just see the ball bounce back and forth. You okay, But when you're at the game, you can see how hard it is just to get a pass off to the other guy.
Speaker 3: You didn't go to any of the Women's World Cup games?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I did a tear when he's Ylander, yeah or a broke Newsylander. I don't get into the in part corporate box. I've been to far too many, to be honest.
Speaker 5: I worked at the Germany Football Cup, so I've been to I went to four games there, Australia, Croatia, Australia, Japan, well countless FIFA games. I've just proportionately been to way too many football games not to be a fan of football.
Speaker 3: I like it, but I'm not I like it. I can watch it, but I'm not a hardcore no. But yeah, like I said, I enjoyed watching it at the game.
Speaker 1: As you can see, there's a whole lot more going on because when you watch it on TV, you're just like someone, hurry up and score. But when you're down there at the ground and you can hear them colliding into each other and that whole thing is quite good, it's a lot more, a lot more to it. So yeah, I'm on day one. I don't know if I'll be there on day two, but for this week, i am day one. Let's knock this thing on the head tomorrow, very special guests, potentially a curse.
Speaker 3: We'll find out. This is the last chance. I think.
Speaker 1: If we do curse this man, then it's definitely well and truly a thing. He's definitely not aware of it because he's agreed to come back on. Brad Shields will be joining the show tomorrow unless he listens to this part of the podcast, in which case you may not tune in tomorrow to find out. We'll see you tomorrow for another episode of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, I can follow on iHeartRadio for if you get your podcasts