Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus lush Night's podcast from News talks'd be.
Speaker 2: Greeting's welcome Marcus. Hope your weekend was good. Hope your week's even better. Hope your years good. Hope the rest of the year's even better. Yardy yady and all that sort of stuff. Welcome here on midnight to night. If you want to set the agenda, feel free to come through. Eight hundred and eighty. There's some good stuff around there we can talk about tonight. So I am hopeful and promise, promising, hopeful and full of promise. There you go. That's what I meant to say. Oh, eight hundred eighty ten. If you've got breaking news.
Speaker 3: Let us know.
Speaker 2: If you want to set the agenda, feel free to come through too. She's all on guys. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine two ninety two to text hither it's Marcus. Welcome, good evening.
Speaker 4: Oh hi, Marcus, let's hear the here. I'm a great brother. I'll just see this new run up thing that's come on TV. Have you said it was the sport?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, I have heard about it. And then I saw that one of the Burgess brothers was bringing it to New Zealand. I didn't think anyone take it so seriously because it seems so stupid. Tell me what the sport actually involved? You just run at each other or do you have a ball.
Speaker 4: No, they're just running at each other by look of by the look of things. It was on the news today. I'm just disgusted. I'm just absolutely disgusted.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I think top sports people and top doctors should get it stopped before to rise. Well, give everybody his injuries for God's sake. And I know, I know it's a rugby, but I think it's it's just absolutely stupid.
Speaker 2: Was it in the sports section or was it in the main part of the bulletin?
Speaker 4: Sorry I can't remember well, or who was the sport it was on? It was one Channel one. I watched Channel one news.
Speaker 2: Wow, Channel one still going at good on you? So they both run at each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, hard, hard heart right heart out. It's just it just looks absolutely crazy, and I think it should be stopped before it gets here, you.
Speaker 2: Know, unfortunately hither because there is a little bit of outrage about that. They probably want that, because that's why so many people have comments on it, because everyone's got an opinions us. No, I haven't, but but I kind of avoid it. I kind of avoided it because it seemed so eronic and and I would imagine that the people that are promoting the sport would have relied on the outtrage to get publicity, which we're doing now. Fair enough, but it does seem to be maronic to me. I don't even know how it works. You just run into each other or do you try and tackle each other?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they end up on the ground with each other. Yeah, they run from either end of the to each other.
Speaker 2: There was competitive slapping. Have you seen that when they slap each other in the head? That's not pleasant to watch.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I just saw this tonight and I'm just discussed it about it. I just think there should be a lot of, you know, people against it so that it has stopped, especially with doctors and top sports people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it doesn't even seem like.
Speaker 4: The other ones that should have the brains. For God's sake, I'm a grandmother with kids that play sports.
Speaker 8: But what I want, that's all I want to say.
Speaker 2: What I want to say is the whole point of sport right is for people to have fun, and that's right for them to be for there to be fitness and good things to come of it. You know, it's social and people do it. This doesn't appear to be a sport because it doesn't fulfill those criteria, does it. I mean, you wouldn't want kids running into each other, and you wouldn't want to run into each other all the time because you damage itself before the big event.
Speaker 4: That's right, and that's what kids will start doing watching it. You know, they'll think it's funny. You know, they'll they'll just copy them.
Speaker 8: It's just it's just not mind.
Speaker 2: If you bang it, you send it down into the down into secret warehouses kind of in the in the murky parts of town. They'll be having unofficial running competitions, won't they.
Speaker 4: Oh, destinitely, yeah, despinitely Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't think the attitude is bounding it. I think I think I.
Speaker 4: Just wanted to talk to somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you've responded like that was the article on the news paper, in the in the TV news where they sort of sounding supportive, what they sound in goodness, graciously, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I just saw it on TV. They just showed that the people running it showing you what it was like. So I don't know if it was on the news or if it was on the sports section.
Speaker 2: Kenn, thank you. Else want to comment on run It? It does strike me as being remarkably mindless, although I also think that there's shows like Game of Two Hearts and know what's it called the Sports Bulletin. You know, there's that lighthearted sports program on Sky and they always sort of have smash and bro and things like that that sort of glorify hit something. People seem to love that sort of stuff, but it's probably not so much what the sport's about. You might want to mention that as well. Eight hundred and at this game of run It. I kind haven't mentioned it because I didn't think it was worth promoting, but yeah, you might have something to say about that, and I'm up for that. Guys, I never know how it works. If you know how it works, to explain it to me, I imagine you want to be a fairy big unit to get involved with it. They might have different weight grades. It would be the smart thing to do. Run It. Don't know where it's originated from, Josh, can you tell me any more about this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, run it. So the videos of saying they like a two meter wide strip and it must be a couple of bus lengths sort of long, and one guy stands in the middle and it's like bull rush basically, another guy runs. It's what I think is odd. This is what my problem is fundamentally. It's it's I mean, you're two meter wide. There's no it's not a backs game, is it. It's not an evasion game.
Speaker 2: So it's one guy stationary and rango. They're not both running at speed one guy stationary.
Speaker 9: Right, I think so? Man, the one that I've seen, the guy was standing there and a big dude just came running. But it kind of reminds me of that slap, you know, that ling and slap thing.
Speaker 2: I just mentioned that to heat her. Yeah either yep.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Where people are going to think it's great because they're capable of it, and the people that are capable of it will probably sign up and say, hey, look, let's let's go. But no, man, I don't like the idea, Like like, I don't think any all black Wood would want to play it for fun because they realize, you know, you can't cut off from the angles because you're you're so you're on a you know, a fine strip. There's no evasion. It's it's basically hitting it up. It's it's coming off the back fence and smashing through somebody basically. Yeah, I mean, hey, look, there's no luck for what is it? Bull rush coming back?
Speaker 11: Is there?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: You can still play Yeah, I think it's a bit of a myth about bullrush. I think you can still play it. But what I want to know is one stationary one.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind any bit more about how it works, Josh, But thank you for that. Edit's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 14: Mat bit less run it on TV night. I seem if they do it, they shouldn't get no ACC. If they hurt theirselfs to a spinal injury or head injury, or they break through ribs whatever, no ACC.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't know things that they shouldn't do.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily think that they actually Yeah, I think acc sort of when you have a universal cover, I don't think you can actually pick up particular But you're obviously think that's moronic, right, Yeah, of.
Speaker 14: Course it is, and they shouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Do you think not did it explain the rules. Did it explain how it works?
Speaker 14: No? I think they're just running each other real fast. And who stands up as a winner. I don't know, but you know we don't want to. We don't want the kids to watch it.
Speaker 2: You're not tackling the person running at you.
Speaker 14: No, they're just trying to just bowl them over. I think that's what it works. But anyhow, they shouldn't get a sec at all if they take the sport on no acc because.
Speaker 2: Kids will be loving this. They'll be watching on YouTube because they've all got phones. I'll be watching, they'll be doing that. I don't want to sound like Heather and a grandparent, but it does seem slightly moronic. Okay, ed, thank you? What's good for talkback? What's good for talkback is not necessarily good for people?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 2: That's right? Expensive butter not good for people? And run it. I suspect it won't go ahead. That'd be my mad reckon looking at the press release and the likes the the Brain Insury Charity of very much opposed. It shouldn't be happening at trust arena. Who runs that? And I see Charns Nickel clocks Dad's getting involved too from the Warriors. Well that's not I mean, the Warriors don't want bad publicity. They'reing a dream run. You want to keep your players close and not get them channel Harris to vetas involved. There we go, not shan' s nickel clocks Dad, so many triple bang is a Alan Marcus? Welcome Marcus Allen.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just wanted to talk about run it So. I think it started in Australia and basically they just yeah, basically that's what it is. It's run it straight, so you're not side stepping or trying to go around anyone, that's just run it straight past them, through them whatever.
Speaker 2: So is one person trying to stop the other person running through or they're both running at each other.
Speaker 15: Now one person's got a ball and then yeah, just.
Speaker 2: All okay, that makes more sense. Okay, see, not two people running fullse there's one person's got to tackle the other person's running straight towards them.
Speaker 15: Basically yeah. Yeah, And from what I've seen on all the YouTube clips and that that pretty big guys. There's no small guys doing it.
Speaker 2: Are they tackling or are they doing and no, a no, are they doing legitimate around the ankle taple tackle or a no arms kind of a shove.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's like a big like a shoulder charge pipelone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is which band in contact sports you've got to use the end the arms because it's dangerous and the people go the people go fly. I mean there's probably a hedge alters there.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, oh yeah, there's some big ones people get. I've seen a couple of guys have been like sort of sort of seeming knocked out or they stay down on the ground for a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's it's kind of crazy because leagues are tough, sport made or whatever they can to protect their head. You know, they've been quite fly on with that, even if it's the nextdentle just light tap, it's ten and the bell. So that's surprising that they got two shows here in New Zella and Awkard. Yes, that's what. That's what's on the news tonight and people are appalled about it. Is that the trust which one trusts arena? Is that that is that White Tuckley? Is that that one?
Speaker 4: That's it?
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been to fireworks there. Okay, Well, is that who's that run by the licensing trust?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 15: I'm not sure, but as the people from Australia that have.
Speaker 2: Come up, Yeah, it's one of the Burgess brothers. Is that right? One of the three you know, those three of the three English guys that played for South.
Speaker 15: So I think I'm not too sure that you yeah, but that it's all over TikTok the pages and that's all over there, and that's where I've seen it.
Speaker 2: So will you be going now?
Speaker 15: I'm not going that.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't go well. I mean sometimes it's quite funny to watch idiots, but it's yeah, the Trust shouldn't be involved. I mean, don't get me started anyway. Oh wait to eighty tell you nine to two nine to the text? Have you got a comment? God, h Marcus if you beat five hundred mills of cream into matter, how much buddy to get? I don't know. I've been often quite surprised by that. A lot of texts about running got a nursing text as well, great texts. Marcus must have been a huge night New Alix and Central and said they have to dune some college first with the Dago Boys. Are his second time in school's history. Are there's some fairly tall units come off the land there actually where at I AM softball tournament and in the other week and there was a fairly good there's some Philly good softball players. I think they're quite quite spawty though. Steve Towns, Steve Marcus welcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there you go, good Steve.
Speaker 16: Yeah, why not.
Speaker 17: It's it's quite because people gonna get it. You know, I watched They'll be broken brains, baking nick something. It's just not right.
Speaker 2: Well, the sad thing is it's for money, so there might be people that probably shouldn't.
Speaker 17: Money money maybe ye. And I've seen some of these skies we hi they had. I've seen a people drive off peace and it's not nice, not nice at all, quite punishing.
Speaker 2: Why are you why? Why why are you watching it?
Speaker 17: No, you don't watch it. I just said I figure out overseas on Facebook.
Speaker 8: And really.
Speaker 17: Not unbelieval people do this for entertainment.
Speaker 2: Kind of surprising when rugby, when rugby is trying and leagues trying so hard to make the game safer and still making enjoyable. They've done quite well with that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, Well these characters are just making money and someone's going to get seriously hurt one day, and you they'll just really be a wake up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: For those the promoters will be the promoters will be long gone once there's consequences with concussion and brain damage and Parkinson's and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be I don't want to be too moralizing, because you can't protect people from their own stupidity. But I'd be surprised that Trusts Marina are getting involved. I'll be surprised the Warriors are getting involved. They need to look at themselves, because the Warriors are good. You know, Warriors for four years are apart from that guy current Josh Curran, there's been no one in trouble with the law. They've behaved perfectly. You know, they've kept quite a tight ship. They start getting involved in kind of running at each other competitions.
Speaker 17: You're saying that they're promoting it in that way, or or they're saying that it's not a good idea.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is that, so what the connection with the Warriors is one of the Warriors is involved with helping to promote it. My gosh, really, so what the situation? Just reading from a press release, right the largest of the upcoming event has been held at the Trust's arena in a Headway They're they're the Brain Injury Organization. Headway is particularly concerned about the involvement of Chanelle Harris ta Vita as a special guest, and have contacted Warriors to express concern about his endorsement of the event. Because make no mistake, if you're turning up, you're endorsing it, aren't you?
Speaker 12: You are?
Speaker 10: You are?
Speaker 8: I see on the clip.
Speaker 17: I could not believe the side of the guys in that. Oh that's just ruthless. I don't see even read they kind of you don't see the rugby union either. Oh my gosh, that's so much the.
Speaker 2: Stepping Yeah, okay, and please people feel quite strong about this, thank you. It does say in this particularly informative press release. It says Headways also contented AUK and rugby Union, Ork and rugby league. Understand how you had a rugby club and rugby league club could also host smaller versions of Run It Straight. It doesn't. It's not clear in the article what that's referring to, So I'm slightly confused about that. Should have a broadcaster version A I'm joking. Oh wait, one hundred and eighty to eighty year nineteen x Q. The outrage on run It. Not every good name, but that's happening at the Trust's arena. Not good for the Trust, for their profile in the community or the esteeme of which they're held in the community, which understand is probably pretty low. Anyway, I would think million texts. I'll get to those your comments on run It. There'll be some people say, oh, a free country, do what you like, but yeah, do we need it? I imagine it's one of those flash and of pan things. In two years it'll be gone, but people be left kind of you know, that's what that will go full cycle, so it will be in a wheelchair from run it and then what do we do then, well, not much we can do. I had no idea I was going to get smashed like that, but yeah, with the crowd goes wild, and even the footy show and shows like that, they always sort of a smash and bros they sort of glorify the big hits and I guess it's part of the sport, but at least they're protecting their head. This one sounds like you don't even protecting the noggin, just straight bang baying oh e one hundred and eighty Sady monuments, Marcus welcome nine to nine to detext Will these runners be covered by ACC? I understand that ACC covers everything otherwise you otherwise it become like people luring up to try and get the covered become too costly to administer off. Someple had it and some people don't have it. I think it's pretty much across the board. Not many people are excited by it. But the night's young. I hope it's not.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Is it televised? I suppose. I suppose the word televised doesn't make much sense now because you just check something on a YouTube channel, can't you, And that in effect does mean it's televised. Because phone advice, as you probably should call it, we don't call it televised anymore. You probably should call it phone advised because it comes on your phone normally. Now that's where people watch most of this stuff, don't they. It's amazing how well you can watch. I ended up watching one of the league games in the weekend on the phoneca I've putting the kid or the kid had gone asleep, and I thought, oh, well, hang there and not disturbing, but watched Yeah, it worked out quite well, doesn't it now? Texts? Will these runners be covered by ACC? I guess so. It's called one up straight. Basically, one guy carries a ball. The other guy job is to smash him, like the old school league. You can do no arms shoulders after the hit injuries in the NFL and now in the rugby. Can't imagine timmy sponsored and want to have much to do with it. Someone said wildlife researchers are scratching the hits after reports of entire families of magpie has been wiped out. Judah unknown paralyzing syndrome across the West. Marcus, I'm pretty sure that run it. The video clip was on seven sharp, not the normal news. Of course ACC will cover this, after all, if you drink and drive and hurt yourself, that ACC covers you. Get in touch. You on talk about this. One man in the middle, the other man run man's directly at him and tries to get to the other end. Can't go around the man in the middle. They are big units, ridiculous. We have red card yellow cards to try and prevent injuries, and this comes along. Should be banned before kids start doing it. David, run it straight as both natural selection discriminates against the LBGTQ plus community signature. Get in touch. You want to talk about this? All up for it, Marcus, I wholeheartedly agree. It was on TV one Sports section. Towards the end. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The burgess guy said, it's safe. They sign a waiver. I'll sign your waiver, mate, Marcus. It's modern day Joustein. There's always been testosterone fuel competition. I don't like it, but we reinvented over and over from Brent Marcus, I'm having a run it a moan about running. It's the ossy thing, right, Ossie culture. Ozzie dad's display this behavior in front of their young sons. My son who lives in Queensland had to pull his two little sons two and four a dcare because of this culture. The older boy would come home at taking his perients. For God's sake, Now what, it's not really fun. You have to look at the bigger picture. Goodness. Oh wait, one hundred and eighty today. If you want to talk about run it modern day jousting. Of course, I think modern day jousting. I don't know much about modern day jousting. But I'll tell you one thing. They have those kind of fears. It's bigg In America we address up as the Middle Ages. Yeah, that's pretty weird, isn't it. And you're going to do jousting and stuff like that. I've seen it on dating on the spectrum. That's how I know about it. If you want to talk about this that we're on about twenty six to ten nine eight twenty six to nine oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine nine text, Are you opposed the Trust Stadium as holding it? Are you opposed the warriors are involved? I wouldn't be surprised. All Captain sensible, the coach says no, we're not going to do this. They're calling it the dumbest sport ever. What would be the other contenders for the dumbest sport ever? Well, the neuroscientists have condemned it, of course they have. It's the job modern day jousting. What's the difference between this and boxing, for example, Well, I guess with boxing you probably could say that it encourages to get quite fit. But maybe if boxing was invented a day ago, they wouldn't allow it to happen. How much is a pair of jousting sticks worth? Marcus don't know, might have some in the basement, Marcus run it as a great way to test Darwin's theory of evolution. The game should be restricted to those haven't bred yet. If you want to comment on that, there's three lines three eight hundred and eighty ten eighty Did you see the item? Are you were posed? What about the Burgess brothers? No good any of them. By the way, Costco shoppers are stocking up on boxes upon boxes of cheap butter at the price for a block Sowes, it's ten bucks a kilo. It's a shark feeding frenzy winter now and no more for two weeks. Ten bucks of kilo. Goodness me, there's been a robbery. I'll tell you more. Old Stephen Joyce, yeah, the old former National Cabinet minister had a fairly powerful comment about the price of butter and the Herald this weekend, where we don't know how much butter it's worth because no one else is really allowed to make it with Fonterra's monopoly. Oh boy, run it? So is it the best of five? How do you score?
Speaker 5: Run it?
Speaker 2: It would win the broadcasters version. Braiden, it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 5: Are you how's it going good?
Speaker 2: Brandon? Thank you very good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just bringing about the run it straight?
Speaker 2: Is it called run it straight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a couple of them over and Assie. There's a one that kind of started. It was quite big as well. Where they just do it. It's not as kind of a glamour in a stadium. It's just they do it a rugby clubs and they're actually coming to Auckland I think pretty soon. Yeah, it's just commenting on it. One thing, one quick coming. Did you get a restaurants about the Justin sticks for the price?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's why I said I'll check my basement.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I just said it was quite funny with the castle reference.
Speaker 2: Is the castle reference is always good?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the other thing I thought you might want to look at. People think carslap is ridiculous. Do you know someone called Dana White who used to whose sold you've seen still runs it? Yep, So he started a thing you might want to look up called castlap, and that is more ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Tell me what that is.
Speaker 5: It's two men and they do females as well. Now standing head to head slapping each other until they knock each other out. And yeah, it's quite big. He's trying to push it. Quite big. There's a sport they can bet on it and stuff.
Speaker 2: But people just watch it because I can't believe how stupid is Is that right?
Speaker 5: It's kind of like he saw an opportunity where it's very TikTok clickbait kind of quick twenty second snap videos of people getting knocked out and slap. But you can buy the paper view and watch the whole thing. Yeah, but that is ridiculous. The run I find quite interesting. It's you know, part of part of the league, and.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not really pad of leg because League's tried it because you can't do the no arm tackle and you kind of touch the head and league.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean the winter I've seen on the runner straight they only didn't touch the head. Oh really Yeah, and they do get penimized to some sickles. You can't drop them on the head. You can use no arms, but not you're not about the shoulders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you're moving towards someone no arms, I mean you can well, I suppose it's not much that different from a tackle, is it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's a little bit ridiculous, But is it as ridiculous as touching someone on the face as someone said, totally not get.
Speaker 2: What are the injuries? What are the injuries? Like Braydon, I think.
Speaker 5: It's too new still, it's still too immature. I think just another one that you're talking about is kind of making it a bit more professional. Was very sponsored and they hit it in like a arena with you know, cameras, and the other one's kind of more homegrown and it's kind of like days ago. They give away about eight grand with surprise money. So the one who gets five grand, you know, it's two two years, a thousand kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Is it a good watch?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 5: With watching that, I like. I like the one. I think it is called run Its Track.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, appreciate Brad, thank you just if way. I see Woolburg's Burgers has closed in and Queenstown rather so that hasn't gone so well. Don't have anyone tried it Wallburger's. There was one in Auckland that opened with much whopla, and now there's one in Queen's and one of the queens someone did not last long. It's Gomberger. I guess you couldn't compete with Fergs. That would be my assessment. They're also a terrible location. If you're not downtown, you know where they are up in some sort of god forsaken place by the gondola where people aren't working. It kind of the Queen sounds a gravity sort of the situation. People walk downhill not gonna end up there. What about run it? Would you give it a go? Be better than leastic at the back of them so you get dragged backwards. There'd be my take on that. One oh eight one hundred and eighty twenty nine two nine to textra run It and Woldburger is if you tried one of those. That's what I'm about tonight. It'd be nice to hear from your here'll twelve there's something else different you're desperate to talk about that than I'm up. They've got a couple other topics, but I always like to run with one for the hour anyway. So, yeah, how freaked out, how furious? How opposed are you too? This's what will you do to make that happen? It's at the Trust. I'd be surprised if it goes ahead. I'd be certainly surprised that that guy from the Warriors ends up going there. But you know I've been wrong before. Note I'll be wrong again. It's kind of just the vibe I'm getting. It does sound remarkably stupid. There's sort of been sort of strong men anyone tune ups, anyone comes fighting competitions in the past. Also that they've had the kibosh. They've been blocked because people went into it. I thought it was stupid. I don't know how it's you score it? How would you score it? Is it the best of five? Someone might know about someone might have competed. Are they doing it in the school yard? My child at primary school hasn't mentioned that they are doing it. It's a pretty rough and ready school, so who knows. I think it's probably something he'd mention. It's very good. Tell me what goes on lunchtime? One seems we're playing basketball. Actually funny enough, the country's gone basketball obsessed. Marcus. My name is Herry Sanders. I'm running one hundred k's on pih Beach this Thursday to raise money for kids sport fees in Auckland. There you go, p one hundred k's Thursday wants me to promote it. That's exactly what I've done. Rugby is the sport of the thinking plow. I'll run it as the sport of the ob something for burger retailers to support chairs. John, there's something you can make butter from cream, but you'd need a pint to make five hundred grams, and of course you're eight bucks. What do they do with cream at Fonterra when they make milk powdered? Is it all the milk or do they separate the cream. I've never really understood that. Was it full cream? Allison Marcus Good evening with all.
Speaker 19: The controversy with head knocks and there, it's ridiculous showing that story on the news, and actually there's a lot of rubbish on the news. They should cut it back just to half an hour and you wouldn't see all these stories. And I tried to ring to the teak television New Zealanding to their side. I tried to ring them today to tell them like on Saturday night at ten to seven they gave an announcement that the six minutes to go in the score with the what worriy is game and people that were taking and watching it on the other sky open at nine o'clock. It spoils it for people when they know what the score is of that stage. I just don't know why they had to mention that some people are going to watch it at nine o'clock and it's you know or.
Speaker 16: Something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I kind of can see why they I can see why they are doing that, but yeah, you're right about there. Who's been half an hour? Half the time? Is the guy with their hands talk about what's coming up on the weather? It's the weather? Then what's up the weather? What's happened on the weather? Too much weather?
Speaker 19: And it's a nice little quih show that that's on called Tenables, and I sort of tape it, and a little chap hosts that Warwick Davis and he's a really quite a quaintly chap. And now this week they started it today and a Coronation Street they is now hosting, and they came on and they don't even tell you where he is what's happened to him? And I'm a synopsis it says RK. Davis is still going to be doing it, So you think that talents what happened to him? Wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Oh he's the guy. He was one of the Eboks on Star Wars. I think you yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, straight shooter. Yeah. Nice to hear from it, Tenables, thanks for the heads up on there, Ellison, Daniel Marcus welcome.
Speaker 13: Oh you know there, can you I've got your speaker and I'm out on a long walk.
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yes? Thanks? You really good. Thanks for consideration. You're sounding great. Appreciate it, no problem.
Speaker 13: I just thought I, of course did the Google search. I've sent a couple of those little videos of the run it Straight, and so I thought I would read you out the the AI overview of course on Google Chrome of how you score.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're.
Speaker 13: Saying in the context they've run it straight. A new combat sport. The scoring is based on dominating contact during a series of rounds with the goal of inflicting damage and bowling over your opponents. Because this incident, run straight, run straight at each other, and the scoring system awards points based on how effectively they had to stand their ground and inflict damage on their opponents.
Speaker 2: Judges.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, I think it has judges and they score it, and I'm just chuckling Actually I was listening into your first time in many years. I'm glad to hear you still pumping it out there, and I'm just chuckling because the whole way I'm met in this about five k walk, just doing a big lap around town, and I'll make you the whole time, I'm trying to lower my left shoulder because.
Speaker 5: I know I never quite hold it right.
Speaker 13: Being the I jumped in and tried to play league when I was nearly forty, and I jumped in and played one game and yeah, very first run. You know, I busted about three tackles and nearly scored a try and I was running back, going, wow, I've still got it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 13: I looked down on my left art I couldn't even lift it up, and the shoulder has never quite been the same.
Speaker 2: What time you're working at walking in Daniel.
Speaker 13: In Hamilton and North Hamilton, so that you wrote it to in a area there's It's almost the amusing thing with Hamilton. It's one of the only places in Hamilton.
Speaker 5: That has a little hill.
Speaker 13: Well you can actually see from here and you can even see the tip of Mount Caddioy over the hills. But I almost had forgotten Hamilton had any hills.
Speaker 2: Oh will you enjoy it?
Speaker 5: Walk?
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you, Daniel. I appreciate that. Thank you. We're talking about run it. Should they ban it? Janet or let them go for their lives and knock each other out. I suspect there could be some further traction on this. I'd be surprised if the Warriors want to continue their involvement. It's also at Trust Stadium and that mightn't be too good either. But it's all about Costco and butter ten bucks of kilo. You get butter for at Costco, but sells out very quickly. I think it comes from Hoka ticker Chinese own company there there obviously found a cheaper way to make it. I keep saying Mission Impossible was opening last week, it was opening this week.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: The twenty second Have you had a Wohlburger? They've closed in Queenstown, which is not good. Presume was just too hard to go up against Fugburgers. By the way, it's the winning anniversary seven years since Harry married Meghan, since George Chapel Winsor Castle twenty eighteen. Obviously, Allison was upset about the News channel giving updates on the Warriors. I think that's legitimate. I think they can do that. It is news, And of course they're in competition to Sky too. They're not involved with Sky, so I do understand why they've done that, and I think that's legitimate. We're talking run it or run it straight. This is this new combat sport I guess should call it. It's been invented and what you do is you run at each other and hit them hard. Kind of sounds crazy to me. It doesn't even sound like it would be that. I mean sports normally for some people to keep fitting and playing and enjoy. It doesn't even really seem like a sport because it's yeah, but but it won't be around in two years time. I wouldn't think that slap it thing didn't really well, it might still last. Do you think we should ban it or do you think we should just ignore it? And I hope the people come to their senses. Kind of curious in your input on this one. Oh wait, one hundred and eighty ten eighty nine text Marcus, still midnight, So what do you think? I'm kind of surprised they had it on the news tonight. I didn't see the story. I don't even know the angle they were taking, because if no one talked about it, there would be no one wanting to do it. We wouldn't know about it. So much happens at on TikTok. Now that doesn't it kind of glad I'm not on tiktop.
Speaker 12: Enough.
Speaker 2: People tell me each night what's going on on TikTok. Get in touch by name is Marcus? Welcome, Oh, eight hundred and eighty to twenty nine nine to the text You're John Marcus.
Speaker 12: Welcome, Oh Marcus.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 12: I want to talk about my son who wanted to play rugby at high school, and I didn't want him to play because I think it's a dangerous game. But luckily, but anyway, he'd insisted on going, and I used to go along to watch the games, and on the second or third game, he broke his leg, and I was very pleased because that meant he wouldn't be playing rugby for the next six or eight weeks. I think ugby is a real problem and we shouldn't put up with it as parents, and it's bad for our kids. He has consequently become a surgeon in the hospital and treats people all the time is a useful life, but anything could have happened to him in another game of rugby. So I'm really again strugby and I'm proving from.
Speaker 2: My point, John, you've got any comment about running straight, it's just stupid.
Speaker 12: We're only humans, We're not machines, and human bodies can't cope with the physical performance of other human bodies doing anything and it's allowed, and allowing it running it straight to just the stupidity in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I appreciate your input, John, Thank you. Any other comments, feel free to come through a living past nine. Also, butter been a lot of butter sweeps of the weekend with Costco. You've been hearing about that, me talking about that someone sticks through and they got involved with three of them, so yeah, you might want to talk about that as well. But yeah, I think Stephen Joyce says some fairly interesting stuff in his column in The Herald. I only I don't normally read it, and I only read it because I mentioned Fontira and I thought, well, we've talked about this on Friday night, so I'd give that a bit of a read. But what he said is that maybe it's time that someone else started making the butterse How do we know that Fonterra does it as efficiently as possible? Because monopolies tend not to be that efficient, do they. They've become cumbersome and top heavy, with too many buriaucts on top earning top dollar. So yeah, you might want to mention that you can make butter of yourself. You can make butter yourself, right, You got to whipped cream and then separate the liquid the buttermilk. But to make half a pound you'll need a liter of cream, and I think that's nine dollars, So you're not going to say it's not gonna be any cheaper. What I don't know right someone might tell me is that Fonterra exports mainly milk powder. When they've got those giant drying vats. Is that the whole milk or do they separate the cream off the top first? That's what I don't know. Someone will know about that. That works at Fontira. I never really thought about it. Is milk powder, cream milk powder? I guess it probably is. Is they want the fat, I don't know. You might know something about that, but mainly it's about run it. That's a topic for tonight, this part of the night anyway, stupid idea about it now? Tim? Thanks Tim. We used to play boris as kids. It sounds just like that trash. I think people still play borish, but it's probably adults too and running at each other and big units. As long as I don't make it compulsory, it would be my major problem. And a bit of stuff about butter. Always talking about butter sixty five percent, it's gone up in the last year. But what Steven Joyce said about it in his column or just buffering it up. I'll read it to you. It's clear one of the biggest contributions to food price increases. Dairy products of five hundred grand block of butter's cost and consumers are whopping through free dollars more than did a year ago, while milk is up fifteen percent of cheese up twenty four percent. These are hefty in anyone's language. The conventional response of farmers and Fontira to such price increases to shrug and talk about the influence of world dairy prices, which is true to appointment, not the whole story. Fontiras a government sanctioned in their monopoly which controls about eighty percent of the milk collection New zealand And is only partly regulated. The laws around it focus on the farm gate milk price to ensure as farmers are treated fairly, and retail regulation to ensure their options for retail competition. The gap which the commis commissions higher from time to time, but over which there's little influence is the cost of dairy processing. Nobody really knows whether Fontira's factories are as efficient as they could be and whether the consumers here are paying a fair margin for the cost of production. Put it this way, if there was genuine competition on the processing side, we'd know whether Fontira was doing the best job at confuse and consumers or not. The current way, we are just guessing something else. You might want to mention that it's fifteen past nine and run it straight, Marcus, is no cost co in ninety nine percent of New Zealand towns. That's right. Another reason to live in Auckland for cost co. I think they are bringing one to the South Island. It's going out to Hornby. I think have they started it?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 2: I don't know the felt full details where I'm excited about that. Good evening, Marcus sure, the governed ACC need to make it so they are not covered under ACC for the outcome of run it straight. Premiums are high enough without covering the stupidity. Also, well, I guess they cover boxing evening. Michael, it's Marcus, welcome home.
Speaker 18: Market's see you think so talking to me, I'm just talking about butter and met sort of thing. We've just been to Japan and in Singapore and came back on the News Zealand or Japan to Singapore was Singapore Relines, but the other two were in New Zealand and they have the finest New Zealand wine. I'm thinking the finest Danish butter. So there you go, so den pack with something the butter of choice on in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: It's extremely good butter limp peck or something.
Speaker 18: And it wasn't as nice as her butter.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing, yes, I'm hearing more and more people say they prefer it.
Speaker 5: No, well I didn't.
Speaker 18: It wasn't. It was very white and it tasted white as it were. It didn't have the nice buttery taste that we have here. But but I can't understand why, you know, the national flag carrier of New Zealand has a Danish button. I think they have New Zealand wines. I didn't have a wine, to be honest about it. But yeah, there you go, and that's the story there. So the cost of tickets you can afford, they could afford by butter surely from New Zealand.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just where they pick up their goods from. That would be my guess with that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but two flights, but I thought it would be. You know, it was a bit I was a bit sad and disappointed markus, to be honest about it, that that we were promoting our butter to the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think our attitude towards butter has changed. Really it's to be sold around the world and we just kind of have to respond to those prices.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but.
Speaker 18: They didn't worry me. The price of the price is okay. If you've got to pay for the price, you're going to pay for the price.
Speaker 2: But well, do you think I think thirteen dollars are pounds reasonable for butter?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 18: Well, no, not thirteen dollars a pound, but.
Speaker 12: It's up to that.
Speaker 18: We had water pounded, but it was five hundred grams or not. The other day. I think we're go pound a butter we got and that was only eight dollars ninety or something or eight dollars fifty. You know, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: About the what were doing in Japan, Michael, Oh, well, the.
Speaker 18: First time we've been here, fabulous. We had our godson lives in and so he showed us around Takeo, but he's lived here since ninety seven. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's very he's very very good over there. And then we went on a boat cruiser, a cruiser both around Japan.
Speaker 2: Like like like on a cruise ship.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Cruisiery's fabulous. Yeah, and I'd say to anywhere to go for it. It's really it was really good.
Speaker 2: But I've never even seen those being promoted. A cruise around Japan.
Speaker 18: It was wonderful, really wonderful.
Speaker 13: Well, you had a bit of.
Speaker 18: Was with the Norwegian Norwegian cruise.
Speaker 2: Lines the ones and there's a heckup, oh, a bit of a heck.
Speaker 18: Up at the start we could we were left from Yokohama and we're due to go, and everybody's excited and you're standing at the balconies. You know, they used to have flags and buntings, but knowing more there and anyway that the tenoi comes of, Oh, bit of bad news. We can't go out for tomorrow. We can't get a pilot. So oh that's anyway. That happened the next day too, but it was there was apparently the harbourmastered cruck closed the port of Yokahama and wasn't things in and out because of rough weather.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so you go, oh, that's a good thing here.
Speaker 21: He is good.
Speaker 18: You wouldn't want to be I was thought. We were talking to some North American couple.
Speaker 5: They came from.
Speaker 18: Tallahassee and Florida, and they decided during the winter summer was only just after Christmas here, they were going to Norway look at Fiords and the mountains and snow. Never seen snowing that. So they got on a boat and in the middle of the ocean whatever oceans up there, north North Pacific something, and the boat breaks down and the hurricane comes and there was sixty sixty feet waves and one hundred and thirty six mile hour winds.
Speaker 2: That's a bit it's a big wave.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but you want to hear the funny part of it. The boat was a bit broke, so they they got escorted and whether it went the phone power or what you into the the ords and they looked looked at the mountains at the end, but the snowed all gone in the rain and so forth. So they got flown back. They had to go home because the cruise was canceled, and they flew from New York or San Francisco wherever they flew from down to Georgia, and then they had had to catch it connecting flight from Georgia to Tallahassee, but Tallahassee airport was closed because of snow.
Speaker 8: So yeah, so.
Speaker 18: They had to drive four hundred miles and five hundred miles from where whatever the airport and Georgia across to Laurada.
Speaker 2: Nicey for you, Michael, Thank you Marcus, and asked your question. There are many different types of product coming off the drys at Edendale. Whole milk powder was just that. So I presume that's the cream and nill the milk together and it's just milk powder. Skim milk powder has the cream removed regards PJ. Thanks PJ. So it depends on how much of the marketers skim milk, depending on how much cream they've got over that they can make the butter with. For those that don't know, Edendale's the home of cheese in this country, the first place to make cheese and one of the big dairy factories in Southland. It's the big Fonterra one. There's also a Tally's related one also too. Marcus. I've worked in butter factories for Fonterra and if I all butter is the same. So your Palms butter is the same as your anchor butter which I tend to export to, same as mainland butter. And so all they do is stop the line and put a different wrapper on. Marcus, you can make vegan. You can make vegan butter with olive oil, garlic, butter, beans, and salt. Yuck. Interesting enough, right, I think we've talked about this. Butter in America is quite different. And in America butter is quite a rough kind of a stuff because there's a less limit of fat that's got to be in it. And so in America, correct me on this, because I might have my facts jumbled in my head. But Americans don't use butter. They just use maya. They just use mayonnaise on their sandwiches because their butter is not worth eating. Maybe that's the way we'll go. Maybe that's well the road we're going on down. Because America's butter, it's regulated. I had did a deep dive into it not so long ago. The details. I can't remember too much about its American but if you tried American butter. Once upon a time I learned Russian and the Russian teacher was from that great island off the east coast of Russia called Suklan, which is above Korea and to the east of that. And when she wasn't talking about Russia, she was talking about dairy products, and she thought the butter and things then were very, very inferior to the Russian stuff that was much much better. I think probably countries prefer their own butter. But yeah, American butter is not good at all, and I guess that's because the cows aren't on the You know what we're talking about, run it straight, that's coming to New Zealand and should that be banned? Or you're excited about it? You run into each other mental, absolutely mental, and people get knocked blat. It's like that slapping one where people slap each other. Just not even that pleasant. To watch. I think it's good to be knocked out. That would be my gut feeding on that one. Marcus, mayonnaise is no good either. Eggs are the same price as butter. Oh yes, but that's yeah, but interesting. The American cows are just fed on corn things, zero grazing, and it tends to give them a milder taste. And they've got a low butter content in their butter. So yeah, the Americans aren't big on on sandwiches or baking. I don't know what they use in baking. What are they using baking?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Want to be involved in the show. How you going people? My name is Marcus. Welcome oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty. Anything goes but a good startup from Heather on the Run It Straight. If you want to mention that, I'm up for that love that is a topic. That's one of the goods. So let's be hearing more from you people. Eight hundred eighty ten eighty. Run It Straight. Sounds like a charity, doesn't It sounds like a charity for something that does doesn't sound like what it is. Gosh, I tell you what you follow you. I keep a cursory glance on formula one. That doesn't look good for the when's the last time Liam Lawson had a good headline? Long long time ago? Oh well, good, Orem still got a job. If you got to be a part of it. Welcome on him, as Marcus hitdle twelve eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine to nine two detext run it straight, Run it straight? Gee, No, none of the crowd of sharks of the State of Origin team. What's that about? Oh that's next Wednesday, by the way, if you don't they love that, and the teams are out where bore they get into that anyway. Now, if you need to email e Marcus Atnews Talks, there'd be dot co dot d head on midnight, by the way. The price of coffee through the roof also, and the price of a coffee at a cafe between six and seven dollars. Well, surely that's the price people would stop buying it, isn't it. Hello, Steve, it's Marcus.
Speaker 3: Welcome, good evening, Marcus.
Speaker 5: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Who would you run it straight with? Anyone the New Talks they'd be officers, Heather, Oh, that'll be matched too much for you. I think, Okay, the question I have, Marcus, I wonder are they paying like a higher acc levey or so those who ride a motorbike have to pay a higher surcharge as part of their licensing to cover the increased cost of those who rode motorcycles to the health system. But surely the run at straight people should be paying some form of compensation for the idiots that are going to get their brains knocked out.
Speaker 2: You think so? Because he's just this guy. I think he's one of the less successful Burgess brothers, right, He's just a bit of a grave digger coming across here and taking taking a quick check from a tiktop phenomenal. Mean, yeah, I think it's kind of surprising. I presume he's one of those brothers that played league, is he?
Speaker 3: He's the least successful of the brothers, right, yeah? Because they must be making some Sorry, I was going to say, they must be making significant money out of it to have the significant paydays that they're offering, and.
Speaker 2: I presume that would be TV rights and charging people to get in.
Speaker 3: I think TV rights, but also I think probably just YouTube payments, and because it is all over the social media, I think That's probably the great concern that I have for society these days is we all like to see well not weave, but but now you know the videos that trend on social media or a street fights of people kicking people's heads in on the street or run a streets. It's not the old fashioned one on ones or it's nothing what I would call clean or fear or anything like that. And I think that's where people seem to get their enjoyment from. I think it's sort of probably a great a great revelation of society is where we currently sit now. You know, I don't think there's much of a community spirit where people will put their phones down and go and help someone. We just we want to record someone getting their heads on or the head knocked off.
Speaker 2: And straight absolutely, And what are my concerns to about social media? Even if you're looking at news websites that are you know, they'll put up news footage and you can quite quickly click on and use story and you'll see someone getting run over by a car. You see some pretty gruesome stuff, stuff that I've never seen before, and it's just all there for kids to look at this horrendous stuff, and that must be desensitizing.
Speaker 3: I think absolutely. You know, you can attack sort of mainstream media and all the like, but I think they did a relatively good jurisdiction of absolutely, of a censorship of what we being society deems is acceptable or not. And it feels like now there isn't anything there, And you know, I just worry about, you know, what people are seeing, but more more what they see. It's what they see and how they think that is now acceptable and becomes modern day practice. That's what concerns me the most. You on TikTok, not on TikTok. I'm on the other forums and often see some video shared with me of what happens on TikTok, but the videos circulated across all the channels.
Speaker 4: To be fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's street fights and all sorts of stuff, isn't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what you want to find it? Yeah, and the algorithms, once you watch one, you get served a thousand more, so you can see how quickly people do go down a rabbit hole with it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I'm pretty I'm pretty quick to ban and marking the stuff as it appropriate stuff because a lot of stuff comes through that's sort of on a slightly sort of not sick sexual, but sort of slightly sort of sexist sort of body shaming stuff comes up quite often. I think, what the hell are they sending me that for? And I can't go. You watch one, and I imagine there's all sorts come through.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, it's a slippery slope. I just tend to look at my lawn mowing videos of people mowing their beautiful lawns, and that keeps me relatively happy.
Speaker 10: On social media.
Speaker 2: Oh and look, and I also agree that that the articles and things that you can find on so it's unbelievad. You know, never before have we had so much good information at our hands. But boy, there's some rubbish there as well. And I've just done Yeah, I mean it does come to me sounding a bit of a proud for that, for kids having cell phones, but yeah, I reckon, I'm pretty much filming against that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I am too, and I've got younger children and I'm sure that they will come that. I'm I'm called that. But yeah, it's that challenge of generation. But I think the generational shift and the impact that it's having is so large now, you know, it's not like back in my day when we had black and white TV and now we've got color. I think that the shift is so dramatic it's not fair to do the old you know, the previous generation had it different as well. I don't know if this is necessarily a linear shape progress outweighing that the negative impacts. I think the negative impacts are probably going to outweigh and I'm yeah, it's going to be an interesting, you know, society we live in over the next few decades.
Speaker 2: From you, I've just seen evidence of just how compelling young people find cell phones. They get it, and they get one of They just on the whole time, just watching it, just watching TikTok. Ye're Dave. Nice to hear from your Marcus welcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 21: I trained hard, to say, thirty years ago, to condition my body to handle the impact of running straight and hard as a rugby league front rower, jim boxing, grappling and I used to have a hit up here one first and third for Eastern Suburbs and Bishop Dale rugby League. And I was good at what I did as a good front rower, good front row property league. I enjoyed the game, so running straight, yeah, no worries. That was pretty much our job as a front rower, head up first and third and maybe make a breakthrough couple of offloads, and yeah, I mean that's what we did. And rugby league hasn't changed much in in thirty forty fifty sixty years, so I mean, I don't get this. Running straight is an issue. If you want to do that, then condition your body, harden it to handle the impact and don't take it lately. If you can't handle the jen, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Good to see a Cantabrian sun the fronting up for the Warriors on Saturday, Yeah.
Speaker 21: Indeed, and the and the Canterbury Crusaders notoriously slow starters, but they'll get there all right. They'll do all right, very important.
Speaker 2: I think the guys asked ours Smith was his name? One of them seemed that, yeah, tennis, now is smith Aucle.
Speaker 21: Warriors doing all right? Instead of things going against them in the last ten minutes, or the ball not going their way, things the pendulum swung back towards them, but bit of luck, bit of luck's going their way.
Speaker 2: Did you get did you ever get knocked out?
Speaker 12: Dave?
Speaker 2: We have a flat on the ground, No.
Speaker 21: No, no, we had a few scraps a trip over to Covam was a yeah, we were playing against It was for Shirley Rugby League. Randall Turton was my coach the next Kiwi and where if you and a top beam for Shirley Boys High School Rugby League. We won the comp two years in a row, one year against Aaron Neui. Second year I think was against combination.
Speaker 12: Would would you?
Speaker 2: Would you spend the nightron Cobhom Would they host Georgia come back that day?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 21: They put us up, They builted us in cob them. Yet I can remember drinking pissing of sparfor and then going white baiting at midnight.
Speaker 2: The trip down the coal mine afterwards.
Speaker 10: Dave.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from it, Craig Marcus, welcome. How's a game good, Craig.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was listening a little bit before about the running the people. I don't really know how that's a sport. But one thing I did quite funny a few months ago. It's one of the guys at work out. She's quite interested into watching cardjitsu, which is jiu jitsu in a car.
Speaker 2: Wow, hang on, hang on, because what's jiu jitsu?
Speaker 11: Normally like a martial arts type thing.
Speaker 2: Leagues is it and kicks and holes?
Speaker 11: I think it's like kecks and legs something like that. Yeah, but he is quite into watching cardjitsu in the States, which is basically they do it in a car inside a vehicle and try and use the different components of a car like seats or head wrests or whatever to try and get leverage. And I thought that was even stuff.
Speaker 2: Orough It was pretty bid brilliant and have you got your seat belts on?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 11: Parodly you started in the front scene and you moved to the back seat and then fight. But I thought that was quite crazy. And so I heard your subject for tonight and thought, okay, running to each other. That's that's even worse.
Speaker 2: Is the car moving? Is someone driving stationary?
Speaker 12: Station?
Speaker 11: No stationary?
Speaker 2: As it was a car?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a car, but.
Speaker 11: Yeah, apparently have it all round there like tournaments around different parts of the world, so apparently it's quite big. But I always thought I never heard it before until about six months ago and thought, that's weird.
Speaker 2: What kind of car like a Swift to a Swift Sozuki Swift.
Speaker 11: Different type, different types of cars. When he showed me a few weeks ago, I was in a record, which I thought was pretty small as it is, let alone trying to do that. But yeah, I thought it's novel, but a little bit crazy, thought of all the things you can prey keeat yourself on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but what the beauty of that is we're hearing new things on this show, Craig, you're broadening my world. You said, a girl, and you said it was who taught who taught you about card jets? A woman or a man?
Speaker 16: At work?
Speaker 11: The receptionists there were. She's ready into watching it, He goes, that's quite impressive.
Speaker 2: How during work time now.
Speaker 11: And the stuff lunching at lunchtime on the phone, and I was watching a little bit of and go really this is the sport?
Speaker 5: Okay, what if this is.
Speaker 2: One of the great lunchtime discusses. What are you watching? Shown a cardgets? So what's that? Yeah? Okay, wow?
Speaker 11: I thought it was something to do with like restoring cars or whatever, you know, like one of those retroit programs. And because no, no, they fight inside the cargo and jiujitsu.
Speaker 2: And it's like, uh, I'd rather watch that than running straight CADGETSU.
Speaker 11: Yeah, iver heard it before, but I watched a couple of them.
Speaker 10: It's like interesting.
Speaker 2: What's what's interesting is that you find that interesting? It is so interesting.
Speaker 11: I find it interesting that someone that should put the two together and going, oh lot car martial arts sport. Hey, we put the two together and make a new sport. I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 10: But you got it?
Speaker 3: How do you work?
Speaker 11: He pins on the person down like normal jiu jitsu, but you do it in a car or something. But yes, that's the same sort of thing, but combined to a car as opposed to like a net on the floor type thing. So yeah, I thought it was interesting that.
Speaker 2: That's bloody brilliant Craig. That's a great call from you. That's something you have wi my world, little Cadjetsu, that's what you want to be doing. That's what they should be televised. You should be able to bet on that. Which cay ask? Which is the z be stuff? I'd like to beat at Cadjetsu Cadgetsu. Who would have thought? Because half the troubles run it straight? Has it got a very good name? That's the trouble. It's got a terrible woo's name and show business run it straight sounds like a charity. Just google seuch it Haha, looks bloody ridiculous. People are loving cadjitsu. Anyone played it? Marcus, Here's a video of vir genuine south and girl my daughter running it straight? Can I say I was super pleased to receive this video? Can't say I was super pleased on step chanting last day score. My daughter is the blonde, smaller girl. She sent me a video of this downloads. I'll narrate this for you. Where's that video gone?
Speaker 5: Down?
Speaker 2: It says downloaded? Where would that be? Where will I go to that? Yeah, I've got to get out of different different, No, I'm looking at Oh yes, service desk, Office three six five. Where is it right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep, yep. Download left hand side down a lot of things I've been looking there.
Speaker 23: It is.
Speaker 2: There's all the things I've ever wanted. Is there? In fact? Todds and reverse alphabetical order? What's the day? Nineteenth? Nice? Click on it, I'll click four times supposed to be double click. I bet you went super pleased. That's terrible, that's terrible. She could be in the head injuries unit. Cheapest. We went to the principal. Just just a tangent to go out and a tangent on this one a little bit. There might be some other interesting recently invented sports that you watch on the internet, like car jitsu, because it seems like people are stringing each other with a seat belts and doing all sorts of stuff, shutting their hands in the glove box, doing all sorts of stuff. Anything goes to jiu jitsu, putting people in the boot, locking them in the boot. There might be other sports that you are watching, like card jitsu. You can tell us about Marcus run it straight with cars. You don't even need to be fit. I think it's pretty much jousting. Me and my partner play naked car twister. That's always fun. You know they don't anyway, So I get amongst it people card jitsu and run it straight. It's gonna be at the Trust Stadium. It's not a good idea. Dave likes it, though. Dave's remembering the good, good old days. Someone said an invented game they want to watch as walking netball. Walking Nepple's become quite a big thing. I don't think people like to watch it, though. I think it's pretty even pedestrian to play. So go figure get in touch if you want to talk one of us. Marcus welcome, oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty Hddle twelve and Butter Butter, Butter butter and the Great Costco Giveaways ten dollars for kilo nine ninety nine. It's half price. But a lot of people are doing those raffles now where you buy Costco butter and you get your twenty five bucks now and you get your tickets. It all goes on the lotto drawer. I don't fully know how it works. There's something different you want to mention quickly, feel free, But if you want to make your own butter, it's not worth WHI unless you've got a cheap source of cream. But who's got a cheap source of cream? No one.
Speaker 23: I know.
Speaker 2: This might sound like a silly question. I'll ask it anyway. I presume I'm not gonna ask it. You never know what You'll never know what it is. You'll never know what most silly question is. Because I've just pulled myself back, so I'm not quite sure how well that will be received as a question. But yeah, so what happened when they get the milk out of the cow and they make milk powder? It's all the milk. They don't separate the cream they do for skim milk, so there's not a great amount of cheap milk floating at cheap cream floating around to make butter from to you ap people don't go on about much these days. Cronut? How much would a cronut cost? With all that butter? Got about fourteen dollars for a cronut be under lock and key in the bakery. Remember those That year it was all about cronuts disappeared twenty thirteen. It was twelve year ago. Marcus, what sort of cars do they use for car Djitsu answer? Daihatsu's Is that a joke? Not quite sure that joke works. Someone says they're competitive air pulling on YouTube. Get in touch one of as marcus welcome card getsu? Anyone into that? Oh, by the way, Woldburgers and Queenstown gon Burger any good? Anyone tried it? Never had a Woldsburger, only about four burgers a year three probably never. If I'd remember it when I was there, I would have had one. So I promised the lad of Burger. The other day. We'd been, we've been for we'd been we've been up the Glassier up. I had a Warner cab. But then we're happened there's a new bike trail in Queenstown that goes through a tunnel. They're built in the sixties to find gold. Nineteen sixties, not the eighteen sixties. But it was a strange kind of a and we walked. It was a strange kind of a go and see you go to Arthur Support, you go down, but it almost seems like that it wasn't a natural bike away. They'd gone down to this tunnel them back up the other side. So it's kind of a bit of a contrivance. And plenty of people on ee bikes. That gets me going. But anyway, it was quite worth while to go down for But anyway, I said, we'll keep going. I think we had a bit of a short cut, but we ended up doing about fourteen k's. I also to get your burger, but got him a ferg burger. Didn't. Yeah, and we're actually remarkably quick to find a park and get We got into Queenstown, friend of park, got the burg, got out in about forty minutes, and I thought it wasn't bad for Queenstown. But yeah, so I thought of the Woldsburger. I'd gone there, but not they're already shut down. I think it wasn't because they had gone Birdy. That was partly because of that.
Speaker 5: But the.
Speaker 2: Enterprise up there has been converted into Backpecker's Accommodation. But it was up by where the you know, the skyline where the gondola is, so that's kind of a back You tend not to walk up there if you're bouncing around Queens Town. It's kind of out of the way. They almost need a gondole to the side of the gondola. They're gonna find theffing around for parking. So that's my little break about that and that. So anyway, we are talking about run it straight Marcus. Evening Marcus talk about sitting on the edge of your seat excitement. German game show where they try to divide food perfectly in half. Wow, Marcus, we're in using can you get the best of the best donut? Now the pizza places are doing them too. I'm not a particular fan of the donuts, those round ones. They always taste a little bit. I had one the other day because us Krispy Kreme. We here just a bit I don't taste like using in donuts is something. Maybe they don't use butter, but they just taste a little bit artificial to me. Now when we's got twinkies, they always taste a bit like what's that about? But anyway, that's just me. You do you, I'll do me. Get in touch. Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty Hettel twelve, name as Marcus, Welcome halftime stretch. We talk about run it Straight if you want to talk about that good or anything else? And card jitsu. You're having a game while we speak. So we've talked about run it Straight and card jitsu and the German food slicing show run it straights when two people run at each other and trying to inflict damage before judges. Right, run it straight? Most people are opposed. Sounds like more on one oh one. But it's coming to Trust Stadium. One of the Warriors is involved. Not a good look for the Warriors cause does seem to be moronic. I'm not a good look for Trust Stadium either. But people, well, I mean it could go underground, couldn't it if they tried to ban it? Don't know what you think. Run it straight? People have also talked about card jitsu, which is another internet sport. On card to there's two people in a car and they do jiu jitsu on each other. Someone also suggested a game show in Germany where you've got to slice things in half. I've just spent the whole news break watching that. It's quite compelling. You've got two scales, two people and two scales each. They started with a fennel, and it's the gap between your two amounts in the lowest score wins. They did a fennel, a fennel, some fennel, a bulb of fennel. Then they did a pass it, then they did an aubergine fund enough of aubergene appears to be a German word. So what's your reaction to run it straight? Should we just ignore it or do you think they should ban it? Or good on them? We did much worse in our day. We dropped irons on our head. Say something like that, good toys.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 2: That's what we're on about tonight. And also someone said there's a very good crona you can get from the fat ki an auto the Hunger I couldn't find on the menu. I can't tell you how much it costs very greasier cronat greasy fetty fetty. And since we are talking about run it Straight, we're also talking about internet sports you've followed, like the Slaps one or run it Straight or Cardjetsu. I'm just enjoying. I'm just finding fun saying CADGETSU cardjetsu here till midnight, then going home to watch videos of people chopping the vegetables in half. There's one story that's going around about how they're looking at people want to ban cell phones from restaurants, and that's not a bad idea, but that ship's probably sailed. You might want to pilot that if you're looking something different to commune. I know some of your people will probably wait for the topics. By the way, more Britains on a first date will go for a jog together than meeting at a bar. Anyone being on a running date or the most interesting dates you've been on that's not meeting at a bar, or it might in fact be running. And the other thing too. A four day school week is looking likely as a future for education. What about the parents? So a four day school week would that be a good thing or not? Mention that if you want to hit till twelve. My name is Marcus. Good evening. Anne.
Speaker 13: Welcome, Hi, Anne, Hi, I'm just turning the radio off.
Speaker 2: Good on you, and I thank you. It's Marcus Welcome.
Speaker 20: I'm going to batter you up with bush.
Speaker 2: God, good, good good.
Speaker 20: We've had We've had all this on and on about butter and the price and why doesn't then then sell it to us locally? And I thought tonight, in the back of my mind, I've listened to all this, and I thought, there is a worldwide butter shortage, and there is a global shortage of butter. It's very tight.
Speaker 2: Where are you getting this information from?
Speaker 20: I just asked, I asked the man in my phone. I said, is there a shortage of better worldwide? And I tried to forward it onto you.
Speaker 2: But because Stephen Joyce, Stephen Joyce, did you hear me talk about that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't know, Okay, because Stephen Joyce written the column he's in a herald today in the weekend and he said that Fonterra because they're monopolistic, right, they make all the butter, and he suggests that probably they aren't that efficient necessarily at making it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know anything.
Speaker 10: About that.
Speaker 2: But that's that's kind of why we ticked off the discussion and go read his column because it brings up some fairly good points about butter. Because, as we know, the monopolies become effective at manufacturing because they're management heavy and not fast and fleet on their feet and don't make chip goods. So yeah, we probably are paying far too much for butter. Peter Marcus welcome.
Speaker 21: Yeah, the.
Speaker 16: Milk that many ghosts do factories, they separated and then put it back into the milk when they dry it, so they control some fat content.
Speaker 2: Huh. That's a good explanation.
Speaker 16: Okay, and you know, of course all cows, you know, freed and cows, that's contents about three point five percent and ADUs he cares about five.
Speaker 2: So they so they separate and they put it back in. But they also make skin milk. Yeah, they also make skim milk, which wouldn't have cream in it, would it.
Speaker 16: I think skim milk still have one percent or something like that. But they're saire. They control the percentages fat percentage of milk powders.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you work in the industry same, what's that? Do you work in the industry no, not now.
Speaker 16: If I'm retired, I do nothing.
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What's? Is there a big demand internationally for skim milk. You don't hear so much about that these days.
Speaker 12: Do you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 16: Still even why there's a big demand even what?
Speaker 12: Sorry?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 16: From trees left over from trees, isn't it? That's you guyed up? And they use that in a lot of health food stuff.
Speaker 8: And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I think they also use way and making alcohol for Alco pops rt ds, they use way. They can ferment it to make alcohol.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, you could be right.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but you know, dairies under three there's so many products that that can make out of it, yes, you know. And that's how they get the butter, you know. I think milk padders, whole milk patterns are about three percent and probably the average milk fat dirty hand reason is probably about four point two of someone that's they got all this all this cream left over.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's interesting, Peter, thanks for coming through about that. They say the perfect stort the butter shortages to do with extreme weather. So once again, coffees through the roof, eggs are through the roof butters through the roof. It's probably to do with the climate.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 2: The first ear of food devillipity is defended on the food supply chain, which has become a punching bag for extreme weather events. So you rice shortage, butter shortage, extreme perfect storm of extreme weather patterns, and a shifting economic landscape. Record heat last coup of Summers caused cows to produce less milk, while stimultaneously demand increased for dairy based products. Malcolm Marcus welcome, Yeah, Marcus.
Speaker 8: This new game is called one on one when they try and take the ball off each other or knock them down.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: Look from my understanding, it's a call run it or run.
Speaker 8: It straight, or run it straight. That's a sport for savages. Yes, that it is, because they don't care about the side effects what could possibly happen, and the built big and yeah, that's that's where it's going to go. You don't see you know, like a CC. It's the one that they can't disallow spots because the complications from some of those contacts will be put around us.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you can get that. You can realize that you've only got implications years later when you realize you've sort of got when they chop your brain up, once you've died and realized it's no good inside.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're you're the super savage far.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd love to hear from your Malcolm, so west All convenue for Run It Straight will get an increased ACC Levy having this type of event In an ideal world, Marcus, the run it should be banned. It's pretty much one on one ball rush, which I think it'll cost ACC a small fortune. Mindless thuggery. Marcus. Run it as a sport for big egos, people who think they have something to prove to others said Ready, cheers, brend On, Marcus, run it seems all too much like a snuff movie concept, Malcolm ten twenty four.
Speaker 10: Run it.
Speaker 2: You run into each other. There is a ball. I think the ball's much good. I'm looking at the news. They've got to pop up add for Hannah's hush puppies. I must agog with those were talking about footwear to see what I look like. Look terrible. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. Hurdle twelve be a part of it. If you want good evening, jan this is Marcus.
Speaker 24: Welcome, good evening, Marcus, those hush puppies are very comfortable. I wore them at high school through the whole three or four years of it, and they still carried on last.
Speaker 3: Forever you thought of doing, you thought of doing?
Speaker 2: Run at Jen.
Speaker 24: Pretty help anybody, because I'd be I'd be jumping from side to side to avoid them. Okay, well, yeah, no, it's a stupid idea. It's a bit not like these falls that are doing sperm racing. Stupid. They've just got nothing happening in their brains, probably on tea or something. So I see there's a rampant outbreak and pee use throughout the country and three.
Speaker 2: Hundred I thought the government was going to crack down on it.
Speaker 24: Well three hundred percent increase they found in Ypuck of all places. So it's just out of control.
Speaker 2: I'm going to buy it because I'm going to buy it because I'm curious. I'm not familiar with sperm racing.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 24: Well, you know what sperm Have you heard about this? I've seen it on TV these young boys. Yeah, some young kid in high school over in England. I think, yeah, well, anyway, I won't say anymore about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Did you sit on the news.
Speaker 3: Did you say, oh, I don't.
Speaker 24: Know what program it was flicking through the channel.
Speaker 2: Have you got what? So channels do you flick between?
Speaker 24: I don't know the whole range.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever you've got Sky, it's just like your free TV.
Speaker 24: Yeah, free okay? Well yeah, so I thought, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Be free high hard to I guess the magnification do they.
Speaker 24: Yeah, they must do. They could have sort of rule of things that they race them hard it gets past the finish line first. Anyway, It's just.
Speaker 2: A conversation I expected to have with you tonight.
Speaker 24: No, No, I'm just revealing the stupidity of me.
Speaker 2: No doubt about that.
Speaker 5: No doubt that does go downhill.
Speaker 2: But people like to invent something that's new. There's always this craving of something new, aren't there. I've never I've never heard about that before. Or this running straight seems crazy madness.
Speaker 24: And you know about the butter the price of it going up.
Speaker 3: Did you try to.
Speaker 24: Cover the cost of the CEO of Fontira? I think it's five million salary, really, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: It wins.
Speaker 24: I can't remember who was reading them all out, all these different CEOs and how many millions they each get, so that's what the rise and prices for all dairy products to cover that. I think they should do awayward CEOs go back to having managers.
Speaker 2: Miles heral four point six.
Speaker 24: Million madness for all madness.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. He'd be to afford the butter, wouldn't they. He'd be out of out of touch with one other people they paid.
Speaker 24: I think the government should increase their taxes and their rates, council rates, everything, maximize it. If they can afford to pay one person that's sort of salary, then they can afford to pay waiting higher rates of texes.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from your gen thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It would be pretty easier running Monopoly, wouldn't it. It is on the game, Marcus, margarine has the same chemicals as paint. Really natural butter is better, but olive oil is suppearing, can be submitted in most subject of most recipes. Much better for your heart, Marcus. I buy wool with instant coffee for three dollars a peck and have a last a twice a week. I also have an expressive machine. It costs me about twelve dollars a month. For beans, I buy five hund grams of butter every month for ten dollars, So isn't that much out of my pension? Poorly? Thank you, poorly? What's enough out of your pension?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: Isn't it that take up when your winter warm a saver just for your butter? Evening, Pete? You know Mark, they're going good, Pete, thank you for asking, really good?
Speaker 3: What have you got? Yeah?
Speaker 22: Just regarding these they said, those people they run into each other argon, it's like a like a train crash we're waiting to happen.
Speaker 8: I reckon.
Speaker 22: I'm hoping that a ce C doesn't cover that, because that's either they've got to have some sort of private insurance and where's text player shouldn't be paying for that because it's just this guarantee they're going to be a liability to to US taxpayers doing the first's not they've got their own private insurance.
Speaker 2: But I don't think as even not covered. I don't think. I don't think exit compensations even not covered anything.
Speaker 3: Have they.
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 22: I don't know when's they can't? You know, it's just it's just crazy what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Pete, Pete, have you heard about this before?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 22: I just watched it on TV. Isn't mean Brother's place tonight?
Speaker 2: That's exciting, yep, And I just like three.
Speaker 22: It's like true, it's like an elephant and the rider having to go with each other. You know it's going to someone's going to get hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh, that gets the object?
Speaker 7: So was it was?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Was it part of the sport bullets? And how was it handled in the bulletin?
Speaker 3: I got?
Speaker 22: I know that many brothers there and it's about I've got there about seven thirty or a cordata. I was watching it, but I justn't know what you had on, what what whatever station he had on, but I was watching and I was, it's just a ludicrous what's going on there?
Speaker 3: That's just what that was.
Speaker 2: It was the reporting saying that it's a stupid idea, or were they encouraging it?
Speaker 10: Uh, it wasn't that.
Speaker 22: Long a bullet and I was pretty short, looked sort of finger but I saw that and I thought, well, I'm just hoping as a a sec clems down. Then it's just that textpayers money going down.
Speaker 5: The drain there.
Speaker 2: How many kidos are you, pete.
Speaker 22: That they're gone about about eighty eight.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do you. I thought i'd do you run it straight, but not if you're eighty A, I'll be a lot less than that.
Speaker 22: Oh, those guys are like that book, like rhinos, you know. But I'm just hoping the government looks at it and if they got out of the Home puts, I'll be pretty much they're gonna have a.
Speaker 2: Dis government, right because I don't want to look intofering and they've got the the coalition partners wouldn't be into that now, they'll let it go.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that's just, that's just, that's just, let's just it's just textpayers money just going down the door, out the door, vegue and look at it. They're gonna have long term injuries of those guys. They're gonna have busted shoulders.
Speaker 2: And also they'll get they'll get Parkinson's, they'll get dementia, they'll be walking in circles.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm just hoping that government looks at it and they say, we're not paying for those guys. You're gotta they're gonna have a private insurance and that we're not. They're not covered by a sec.
Speaker 2: Okay, good on your beat, there we go. Oh, nice to hear from Susie good evening and welcome.
Speaker 6: Oh good evening, Marcus Tilter. Yeah, I'm just wondering. Like I had a quick Google search, and you can buy a dairy cow for under two grand, and you can go through a pound of butter and something like say five liters of milk a week, and that's not much and that comes to just over a grand. So with and cows are real nice animals, Like they're real friendly, and they eat your grass. But they eat grass, so they'd mow your lawn, eat your grass. That be a family pet. Plus you'd milk them, look after them. You'd probably have to worm them and maybe give them a inoculation or stuff and get a bit chick. But you could actually if you had a cow in your backyard and melt it every day, you get the cream blah blah blah, you get fresh milk blah blah blah. If you didn't use the wheat color or anything, that would be eating your organic grasp and keeping the lawn down. It would actually be cheaper to have a cow, which would also be a family pit because cows are very sensitive.
Speaker 2: How much cream do you reckon you're going to get a week from your cow?
Speaker 6: No, I don't know, but you'd get a lot more than what you get from the shop. I can guarantee you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just wondering how much it would be. But it's not a bad idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I don't know what council rules are, but could Joe like that?
Speaker 4: You could?
Speaker 6: You could just a little calf and bring it up and it would be a family pet.
Speaker 4: And it was.
Speaker 2: But I think I think for a cow to produce milk, you'd have to have had it would have to have had a calf. Yeah, yeah, so you need a bull, you need to get it in seminated.
Speaker 6: No, but you get one that's you know, already done sort of thing there.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't get a pregnant calf, though, would you have to get a cow?
Speaker 6: No, but you could just buy a cow, yes, that's already been impregnant. But I locked and it said the average cost of a cow, a dairy cow in New Zealand as like twelve hundred bucks. Yeah, and if you worked out how much milk and cream and butter and everything that you're using, it would be cheaper to buy a cow and milk it and it would be your family pet and it would eat your grass, the po you could use for fertilizer on your regie garden or if you know you'd have to. It wouldn't be any good if you're living in an apartment obviously, But cows are really sensitive animals and they make actually make great pets.
Speaker 2: Would you want to go and milk your cow each day? Though, because I presume you, yeah, well, well you would.
Speaker 6: It just be it'd be something natural you do, just like you pet your dog and you take your dog for a walk, or you cuddle your cat. You go milk your cow, give it some loving and you know, praise this and.
Speaker 2: It might it might well become a thing, mightn't it?
Speaker 6: Well, it could do, but I'd just don't know what council rules. So you know, if you're in an urban area with a little bit of grass, because you have to have grass, obviously.
Speaker 2: We'll find out, so I'm sure someone will know. Thank you, Good evening, Roses, is Marcus welcome?
Speaker 25: Good evening with Marcus. That lady was a cow in the backyard, I would like to see that she needs a very big backyard.
Speaker 2: How big would it need to be? What's the ratio the grazing ratio for a dairy cow.
Speaker 25: I couldn't actually tell you, but I would.
Speaker 2: You say she need a big backyard. How big would have to be?
Speaker 25: Well, I think your padicnic store would be fine. Well not, but I know exactly what big your pettic is. But most they need a better room because you cut the grass get stale. They like to move around, and I see most gardens in the town pretty small. And I do make a lot of noise when I start moving. The neighbors may not appreciate it, and the smell of the deposits, but.
Speaker 2: I think that I mean, you might want to ridicule a good idea, but people always People always had the milking cow.
Speaker 10: Didn't they.
Speaker 25: Yes, but then the backyard was bigger.
Speaker 2: You probably need two acres. But there are plenty of people with lifestyle blocks now, aren't there.
Speaker 25: You're like you you've got your little life style block's yeah, well big, you're not a bigger pa, yes, next door.
Speaker 2: But I don't necessarily know that I want to start milking a.
Speaker 25: Cow, and that you've got to have to milk a cow. Yes, and they do make a kind of noise.
Speaker 2: How hard would it be?
Speaker 25: I've never done it, but I know you've got a yes, and you do get quite big now boisterous they can knock little old ladies over.
Speaker 2: Yeahkay, I mean I appreciate his sentiment. But thank you Rose Marcus. I'm told the whists and milk product is the butter supply to Costco. Yes, we have dealt with that last week. But thank you. The cows has like a good idea. They need an acre of good pasture each year, one acre of two acres. I thought it might be two acres. But thank you people who have enjoyed her though Marcus, does he even know how much Buddy can get from a leader of cream one? If anyone has whipped, try whipping their own things. You get a leader of criminal costure eighty nine bucks. From that, you get half a pound of you get half a killer wet. You'll get five hundred grams of butter. So if you make your own creaminal workout. If you make your own butter from cream, it'll work out at the same price. You might get some buttermilk that you can fry your chicken in, but you're not going to beat the system. And least she got a black market for cream. I don't know if there is one, Is there you haven't heard of anyone stealing cream, because where would you go. You have to milk the cows first, wouldn't you be problematic? So like there's stolen avocados we heard about the year before last, market should allowed chickens to own a cow? I think you're own our chickens. It depends on your counsel. Is it worth Sue? Is it worth Susie buying a cow? That's the question for two grant How much butter will she get carry? Marcus welcome, Hey.
Speaker 17: Marcus, he good Kiri soul cow thing.
Speaker 15: It's a good idea, like what that lady was saying, good and fury are.
Speaker 10: But it's a lot I have.
Speaker 13: We're okay, and I can't know because we're going through the process at the moment, and uh, generally it's a sorry Marcus, I've got to go see.
Speaker 2: He's going through the process of what buying a cow. We'll never know. Good evening, Katie, this is Marcus welcome.
Speaker 26: Oh hello, Marcus. I just couldn't go to sleep until I had told you about Ardie Savia on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Yes the rugby, Yes.
Speaker 26: He's been he played a supurb game, absum and all the sports programs and tonight all it's been about is Artie Savia and I haven't set to think that you didn't know that they.
Speaker 2: Say it was one of the best performances by an all Black giver or rugby by a rugby player. Ever, I think it's probably what they've said. And he's in a rugby player.
Speaker 26: He used to play for Wellington with his brother. This is the first year he's joined the Pacific A.
Speaker 2: Team and oh yeah, well, I'm fully aware of the backstory to it about what's happened.
Speaker 26: I just like to think the other night where around you weren't very interested, and I thought, well, I really would like to tell him because it's been quite a lot of the news discussion today and.
Speaker 2: Also to it shows too that the older that the Pacific teams that you know, I mean they within the next five or ten years I think probably teams from the Pacific could become world champions.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that happens, and I don't know if anyone wants that to happen, but if you look at the league example as well, and people playing for Samora and Tonga and the likes and that pride that's come from there with great players choosing to go and play for those small nations. Yeah, it's exciting. It's about time actually, And look, I don't know if he was encouraged to go and do it or was his choice, but certainly it's made a very doer super rugby team finally slightly exciting, which is it's needed. I don't know whose idea it was, Sarah, it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 23: Yes, hello, Marcus. I just thought you might be interested in this. I was in one of my local shopping malls today and we've got a like a wishing well where people throw their money into it and there and I think, I think I couldn't quite get all the words of it, but I think it's raising money for cancer. Anyway, there was a boy there about ace. His mother was right there, and he was taking the money out, fishing right down until they took the whole arm to get down and getting all the money up for himself. And I said to him, you shouldn't be doing that. And I just got a mouthful of the square wears and everything from the mother, and so he kept doing it and kept doing it, and then they walk go away somewhere and they'd come back and she had other kids there, and so I reported it to the there's a countdown not far from there. So I ported it to them and they said, oh, oh, you will do but they didn't do anything. And I said, if you just watch out for it, particular mother. She goes back to some fords. And then I reported it to the security lady and I don't really want to do a bit, so I thought, well anyway, just thought you'd be interested.
Speaker 2: What more was that, Sarah?
Speaker 23: It was in Hunter's Plaza, and.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it was Hunter's Plaza, and what sort of wishing well can you put your hand in?
Speaker 23: Well he did it sort of the top part sort of slopes down. I mean, I wouldn't never have thought of it.
Speaker 2: Is it where they go round and round and round and round and round?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I don't know. Oh yeah. He was just sort of sitting on the chair and putting down and putting his hand down into the washing wheel because actually the washing wheel.
Speaker 2: Because what what what quite often happens with those things, People put their own coins down and then grabbed them to put them down again. I imagine that's probably what he was doing.
Speaker 23: He wasn't putting them back again. I think he was giving them to his mother. But anyway, I ran the office thing when I got home and I could be more on camera. It's only seen himself.
Speaker 2: And did they did they say it on camera?
Speaker 23: Oh well, I don't know. I didn't ring them back again.
Speaker 2: They said, but if it's one of those, if it's one of those yellow ones that you put the coin down, it goes round and round and round and round and round, right, which is quite good fun. And then sometimes you do that and you grab the coin before it goes at the bottom and put it down again.
Speaker 23: Oh no, he's just taking out all the money.
Speaker 2: And you sure, because I don't think he can put your hand in there. I think he's probably just taking out his own coin. It's probably Did you see the handful of coins in his hand?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, really yeah, Okay, everyone footage. They're nice to hear from you, Sarah. Thank you, Marcus. It takes one lead of cream to make photograms of butter. That's right, that's right, it's exact what I said. Then you get the buttermilk, that's right. I don't know what you can use with buttermilk. I think he used buttermilk to make KFC type chicken Marcus cows need one and a half acres a minimum around fifteen to three thousand dollars in vaccinations each year. Would they pass around one thousand and fifteen hundred dollars per year in specialized food PROCs to keep them in peak hows just grass lots to sustain them. There is no way in how they'd drink milk straight from a cow, as it's full of ringworm, lung worm, tapeworm moulds virus that they peck up the grass they eat. You never feed milk from a cow to a ketra dog because their lectose a toler There's why pizza the old days never lived much past five years before dying of some disease. I think a lot of people like the raw milk. They'll be into that one day old rfks into that. It'll kill you, but it's good. Google see is roughly one cow per acre, so they'd rule out most backyards markets. When I was farming, I hand milk to a house cow. I took a bucket of the milk to the house the next day, skimming off to the two days of cream. Used it for butter, butter milk and ice cream. I put two extra calves on the cow. You had so much milk. The leftover skim milk like went to the pig. I now have two way becas that's not enough to feed a cow in summer due to droughts without buying and feed. I'd love to milk a cow again, but need to be realistic regrazing requirements. We always had a milking cow when I was a kid, dead juiced, would milk it by hand twice a day. Dad build a cow bale where he milked the cow once or twice a day. It was usually a buck or two of milk at the time. Was our jobs as a kid to get the cow and from the panic and separate the calf off. We also turned the separated machine to separate the cream from the milk. Each few days we would put the cream and the chewing to make butter. Butter milk is great to tenderized chicken. So we're talking about having your own cow. Is that the answer the cheaper butter or is it a lot of faffing? What about fairing around? Maybe the community could buy a cow. And what about the great robbery from the hunter plaza? Wishing found? Have we got any pictures of that good evening Fayettes. Marcus, Welcome, Hello Marcus.
Speaker 27: Were brought up on a dairy farm. Well, we had two acres of ground. We were down Coromandel, two acres of ground and we had two cow troughs. Water Cows do not drink their own milk. The calves drink the mum's milk and they should stay on the mother's milk for about three weeks because of all the cholestrum. But they tacked the calves off the mums early and that's why at a certain time of the year. But the butter we buy is a darkish yellow color. It should be a creamy white color. But anyway, I.
Speaker 2: Thought that changed color on and the milk changes color when they're on the silence, doesn't it.
Speaker 27: No, No, With our cow, we had to leave the calves on it for about two to three weeks because it wasn't a big farm. It was two acres of ground. We had one jersey cow, but you had to have about four calves. You always had twins.
Speaker 2: Where where was your farm lit?
Speaker 27: Yeah that was down in Corimandel township.
Speaker 2: Oh God, what a beautiful place to be.
Speaker 27: Yeah, it was lovely. We back onto the water. We had a well, the place now has been sold and is now the Jersey Paddock where the cow was is now the Tide Water Motel.
Speaker 2: Really good to hear Fromith. Thank you so much for that. Windy. It's Marcus. Good evening.
Speaker 28: Good evening, Marcus. We used to get the odd cow that would drink off another cow. They were mainly two others, and they would sort of remember a drinking.
Speaker 2: They were very young, okay.
Speaker 28: Yeah, and so we used to put a nose ring in their ring through their nose that had spikes on it, so when it went to drink off the other cow, it would get a.
Speaker 8: Kick to do it.
Speaker 28: Yeah, so they will actually if they remember drinking milk, the majority of them drink so.
Speaker 2: Good answer, Wennie, thank you very much for that. Good evening, Julie, welcome, very.
Speaker 7: Good evening to you, Marcus. I've been in dairy industry and had housecows for many, many years. Yeah, there's been a lot of funny things. Said one person it teached you and said that you get worms and ring worm and other kind of words. Amount of the milk it's just rubbish.
Speaker 10: But yeah, that was a bit love.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a bit skim hungery. Yeah, sorry, I thought that was a bit skim hungery.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah. There was a few comments made that were a little bit silly, but that's all right. The lady just so just now answered one question for you. But having a having a house cow is quite delightful. I've had quite a few over the years, but I've worked in dairy farms as well. But yeah, I think one statement one guy said three thousand dollars to vaccinate and keep a cow. Well, at the moment, you can pay about three thousand dollars for a really good cow. But yeah, the vaccinations and there don't cost three thousand dollars, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: No, I was surprised.
Speaker 7: Yeah anyway, Yeah, but that's all right. But yeah, good fun, good fun to be able to have the good old quiet cow. And I used to milk one that I had here, and I'd let the calf drink on one side and I'd milk the other side, so a se milked with the calf.
Speaker 2: How much butter would you get from one cow for a week?
Speaker 29: Do you think for a week?
Speaker 7: Depict like cows are not just that you wouldn't get an x amount of butter, you'd have to milk the cow for a week and refrigerate the milk. I've got a little hand cranks separator, so from my cow I would get safe four four lots of butter from a week. But in the buttermilk, the buttermilk, yeah, a lot of today, a lot of the margarines that you can get the s I'll say S rather than say the name of the product, but that has buttermilk in it. The most people feed it to the peg or my chooks. My chooks absolutely love for the milk. You know, if you've got a is it almost.
Speaker 2: A semi solid thing or is it just very much a liquid?
Speaker 10: It's a liquid, okay.
Speaker 2: So you've got the choks will almost pick it and pick drink it, will they?
Speaker 18: Yeah, they drink it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they drink it. And if you mix it, whether with a bit of meal or something like that, chooks that absolutely adore it. And cats and dogs they hang around cats. And one person said, you have your dogs have short lives because they drink own milk. Well, I've got a dog out there that's seventeen years old and he's had cow's milk. So that put that one to to rest. But yeah, lots of lots of misconceptions of what you can but very old cow running around that you can milk and.
Speaker 2: Use the product niceting for me, juddy, thank you for that, Josephinis Marcus welcome Hello.
Speaker 29: I was brought up on a farm hill country farm. We had two cars, one called Strawberry and Susie, and my mother milked them every morning. And I remember one day my granny had come down from Wellington and we were going to a fancy dress party and she'd made me this beautiful fairy outfit, little fairy dress, and I was so busy showing it off. I twelve roumed in a circle and fell backwards into the milk market came up a very draggled fairy. That's one of my real memories. But my mum always milked the cow, and we had she we had a separator for a while and then she gave that up. It was too much work. We used to just put the milk in a big bowl and in a cool place to let the cream settle on top. We'd skim that off for our porridge in the morning. So that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: That was a good life, says A great life Josephine, thank you very much for that. Some texts Marcus, buttermilk is really good for making pancakes ceady using normal milk, and which is why something when they buy they really made mixers. They are in the little shaking bottle of plane and have butter milk pancake mixtors. Rebuying the cow. We have been there and done that. It's not a hard work and you would have not you would have to have the right facilities. I have a friendly made butter at the weekend. She made one point two five cages of butter from a cream, so it's not economic. Looks like the Olivia, the Blue Bridges, New Fury, as def dry Dock and Denmark. So it Donald's way to New Zealand. Good news evening, Joyce, good.
Speaker 30: Morning a lot of us. What they're talking about about cows. I started milking when I was six years of age, and we lived our way out behind the hills, and mom and dad milks thirty seven cows by hand. And when I was ninety seventy I was working up at Ripaore milking nearly fifteen hundred cows, keetting up Acord to three in the morning. And you never got back to the house at night till billy ten o'clock. And my mother had eight kids, and we're all brought up on cow's milk, and and I and I milked all my life.
Speaker 19: And I'm I'm.
Speaker 21: Now so all this.
Speaker 30: Things. And we separated the butter and used to make kerosinean fulls of cream and used to put her a hand in the cream and make it into butter and take it to the shopping in then those days of tea rooms and sell it to the tea rooms for making their cakes and everything. So a lot of these people, there's nothing wrong with and and and all of us cous and my I had five children, and my kids were all brought up in cow's milk, so all the time, and we milk cows all my life on milk cow us. So I was seventeen, I'm nearly ninety five now and I'm still living online and everything else.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 30: There's more things that will kill you. Made you sick, the bit the butter and cow's milk.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you, Joyce, Thank you so much. Good evening, John.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we lived in Auckland in the nineteen forty nine. We moved it from Auckland to Narrawahia. My father got this great idea to buy a housecore, so we bought a Housecore. It was a shouldered jersey and it was good to milk because her teeth were fat like sausages. Australia jersey had didn't sort of teeth. But we used to graze that cow on. Now what he means the meeting of the waters, well, that's the meeting of the white power of the Narrawahi Waycot River. And there was a big point there, probably keen acres. And we used to have the chain on and a leather bilt around cow's and the chain on it, and we had a thing to drive into the into the ground like a boil's like one of those things you sharpen knives on, but it was you're pushed into the ground. Now, we milked that cow had a stain of steel bucket and we bought a separator and we used to separate the milk and get the cream out. And for the monk of the house, my mother used to boil it. She'd bring it up as she caught it was like pasteurizing it and did bring it up until it's just about oiled.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 10: And that's that's you sated with that. And and she made a lot of butter. And the butter milk is the milk when you just before the cream turns the butter, then you get the butter around it. The butter milk is the milky stuff that's left after you made the butter out of the cream.
Speaker 2: You get me yep, copy that so quite a successful idea of your old man's by the sound things.
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you what.
Speaker 10: The whole bag had ever milked the care himself? We had that book in the town. And next door to us there was the hook for family who were well known, and next door to him was the policeman. Now they had they had a Jersey care and they they used to do the same on a chain, you know, on the point. But the their care they could actually sit down, take a seat, a little seat and milk the care wherever it was standing. Wow, our cow at the top of a tree, because she'd wander away. Sometimes she'd put her foot in the bucket.
Speaker 2: Did people still jump in the river then, oh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they used to jump the river. My old man man used to drink a bit. They always said he was a good swimmer. But he must have been the hell of a good swimmer, because it's quite strong, you know, the current.
Speaker 2: Probably really strong there. I think a look of sketchy as.
Speaker 10: Heck, well eat bloody dived in one day, the old bugger, and I saw him swim from one side to the other. Now and I couldn't do that. I'd have ended up and help probably, And.
Speaker 2: Was he cut when he did it? Was he thrown out of the pub into the river.
Speaker 10: I know it had a couple of drinks. But but they said that he'd been a good swimmer. But that that cow and the finish, because you know, I married leftain, but I don't lie long we had that care for. But in the finish they sold the cow to some break with a dairy head. Well, you know, I don't know how far away this farmer lived. But the next day that gear must have escaped from the farm and it came back and it was moving over the over the over the heat.
Speaker 2: I didn't think. I didn't think cows were kind of sentimental like that.
Speaker 10: Oh she was. She was a lovely cow with a lovely care. And but you know he had to milk at night in the morning, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yes, yes, that's a big commitment. You can't go on holiday. I mean a lot, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Oh, it's the hell of a buddy. And then then we we we we take her down the main ride. Didn't you know how camp is from our way or to big your pattern? Do you know where hoperhyper camp? The military camp? It's about a mile down the road from going north?
Speaker 13: Yep?
Speaker 10: Well, well well my my my had a farm down there. So we used to walk at them the main ride and we're here to get her into cast with the bull. You get me ye, And then we'd have to walk home again.
Speaker 2: And it was an easy job.
Speaker 10: Who was as I said, it was the old man's idea to get the care. But he didn't worried.
Speaker 2: Maybe did you have it on a lead?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh no, we'd just have her just put a short lead on it, because you always had a lead of the color collar around the nick you see. But see she had big big when she was a lovely care, lovely care.
Speaker 2: And what would happen with the calves?
Speaker 10: Oh we'd we we we the calf and we usually sell the calf. And what you do is I mean in latter years when I got married, we are teenagers, and I raised a lot of calves. So what you got to do when you buy a calf, it's got to be on the mother for at least a week because because it gets the colostrum and the clossroom is all the stuff the same with a mother and a baby. It gets all the stuff that prevents it from getting You know, if you bought a cow a calf and you pulled it off the mother within a day, you'd have a job raising it because it puts all the antibotics, biotics and stuff into the cat, into the calf which you can then remove it from the mother once it's about a week old, and and then you can raise them yourself and you know, mix the mix the milkup. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You got a cow these days, there john no attle. It sounds like you might be tempted. Sounds like you might be tempted too.
Speaker 10: Well, well, I'm eighty nine.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 10: It's a hell of a it's a hell of a commitment to have a dairy cow market, big job.
Speaker 2: And I don't I mean people start talking about house cows. But people are too busy these days because you've really because I mean, imagine trying to find someone on Facebook to come and milk your cow because you want to go to Fong Maatar for the weekend. It would be with the hessel, would it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 10: And you know we had a one little onion wine that the bell would ring and when when the bell sort of stopped ringing, that was the separator. So we used to and then you had to pull all that separador the bits and was it all them boiling water. It was a big deal. But it probably saved them a lot of money because mum made butter and we had cream and always had any milk. You know, that was a big deal.
Speaker 2: Did you make cheese?
Speaker 10: My son's got twenty six He makes cheese and bloody soap and he's milked a house cow and his head go. Now he's got a whole lot of sheep that they shed the wheel markers.
Speaker 2: You don't have to well, yeah, I'm familiar with that now. I had some of my land that they look terrible. Though they look it's just like a bad cheering job.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll tell you what. Up until quite recently, about three weeks ago, I was going out there getting mushrooms. I don't think do you get mushrooms on your place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not as many as I thought we would. I mean, yeah, I'm not quite sure why they weren't more. But yeah, I'm sort of trying to cultivate them for next year. I'm hoping that I'm planning for a big crop. But I think it was really hot, but was just too dry. We didn't get the rainfall.
Speaker 10: Do you like mushrooms?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love mushrooms. I love mushrooms.
Speaker 10: Well, tell you what you do? You picking me know, and you just put them into the pot and you don't put any water in with them, and slowly they'll make their own water.
Speaker 12: Yes, And.
Speaker 10: Then you're thick in them a little bit with a bit of corn clay I think it is. And you have them one taste, you have.
Speaker 2: Montays delicious, deliciously delicious.
Speaker 10: Boy.
Speaker 2: Did you ever feed this year? John?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I never feed this year. I had a couple of feeds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna run job, but delightful to talk to you. Thank you so much. Will you talk to me?
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus Slash Nights, listen live to news talks there'd be from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.