Speaker 1: The Flavor podcast network Island Roots Auckland Ways. This one's for the.
Speaker 2: Brown brothers and sisters who want to be one with themselves, their culture, their identity, their roots. This is Island Roots Auckland Ways. Twerful lover my list four, I feel my Welcome to one of the episode of Island Roots Aukland Ways.
Speaker 3: What a note to start this episode of I wanted to say it so badly, Welcome back to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Today's guest is like literally one of our biggest.
Speaker 4: Like we stand I think we actually are his biggest fans.
Speaker 3: No, no, truly he was called god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, god Tia. I put that in the run sheet.
Speaker 2: I feel like he is No, I feel like I we can tell he's not very good at take compliment, so we'll just commiment about him while he's not. He and I can't allegiend he is the moment Yeah.
Speaker 3: Broadcaster worth so much experience, intel, connections to the industry.
Speaker 2: Truly, you can just tell, like me and someone are super passionate about what they do, and man and I are really into like the art of interviewing, like we love to unpeck with each other, like what it's Helena should be like and so it was really cool to hear about his perspective on that because he's someone who's so passionate about like talking to people.
Speaker 3: That is what you call a broadcaster. Talk so much away from that episode, and I hope you do too. Have a listen right now and welcome back to Island roots Auckland Ways. We have a very special guest in the building. Are for your mates. I love my Oh welcome to my lord. So hello, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I've got first off, congratulations on the big award and congratulations on your money.
Speaker 4: Oh wild, worst experience of my life? What about you and your pit? What was that?
Speaker 1: Like? Traumatic?
Speaker 4: Traumatic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like it was like four days the first week, five days the last week. The last week. Decisions got a little longer because I think when we booked My Bitter Yeah, there was a lot of area to cover, so they were like yeah, they like kept going and like at one point even the COPA was like I'm so sorry, and I was like so much. That is like it's like a weird experience where it's like the most beautiful thing you could possibly imagine and the worst thing you could possibly literally.
Speaker 2: Like euphoric and also the lowest pit of health possible, Like it was just fainted during mine. I didn't I've never fainted before, so that was that was also traumatic because I didn't know what was happening to my body.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, what about you.
Speaker 1: I never had a tattoo before that, so like, oh yeah, that was my first tattoo. And like like ten minutes or like like maybe actually it was like ten taps in. I straight up thought I was gonna pute and I had to ask them. I was like, please stop just for a second so I could like sit up and take water. And man, I just made them looking at me being.
Speaker 2: Like literally exactly the same. I got like ten taps in and my friend Dorin was holding my hands and I went.
Speaker 4: Can you just tell them to stop?
Speaker 2: And I just need to cough, Like I really just need to take take the out off because.
Speaker 4: I need to cough.
Speaker 2: Cough, And then I just kind of coughed and like coughed for a while. You'd be like, Okay, now I know what it feels like.
Speaker 4: We can keep going. But they know they were all like that girl is not gonna survivee.
Speaker 1: This is that thorn in your mind of like I can't quit because the one was like, what for six hours?
Speaker 4: Mine was eight hours?
Speaker 1: Eight hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they got one league done and I just was like, you know, I'm only off for gusty.
Speaker 3: Maybe I just.
Speaker 4: I just thought that to myself. I didn't tell any one that. I was really like you going.
Speaker 1: Guys, no congratulations.
Speaker 3: No, I mean my heart is palpitating it right now, so no, no, thank you, thank you for representing bloody traumatized listening to them.
Speaker 1: I remember, I'll never forget. The worst part of it, I think was like because you for me. It was like we'd turn up at like nine o'clock in the morning because we did our mine InSAR yeah, and we'd turn up at nine in the morning and I'd wait like three hours there with my mat for one of the coursoles that just come over and be like now and I remember like after you had finished for the day, it was like all good. And because I was getting working up every three hours to show. Yeah, it was like around midnight was when the dred started sitting in and was like, oh, I gotta do this again tomorrow. And then I'd start the conditioning started sounding like that tapping and like just little things like that, and I was just like that was the from like midnight to nine o'clock the next morning was the worst. Like I think the thought of it coming up was almost worse experience because at least you're in it and you're like, mean, this will be done in a couple of hours. Yeah, but the not knowing, the anxiousness of the lead up to it was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the tapping.
Speaker 2: I went and saw my friend Dora and get his because we got ours in the group obviously.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: After I saw him on the first day and hearing him like moaning and agony, I had like dreams for the next two weeks of the tapping sound and like that moaning and like it was just yeah, pretty awful actually, like it's.
Speaker 1: A genuine it's genuinely very top The hardest part, I think is in your mind. Yeah, like it's the it's the biggest battle. The thing that kep me going was I was very lucky to do it with my granddad there, and that was really special, you know, because I'm the I'm the first up from my grandfather's line to do it since like before Villheim, which is the German Schwelger who came. So it was like a big my granddad kep saying like you weren't the grandson I thought was going to do this, the widest one. But he's very happy for me. And I was like that keep me going. But otherwise like man, yeah, there was there was a there was another old fellow there. He was like in the seventies and he was doing his again. Oh yes, yeah, he was redoing his because it had faded a bit of a time and he was redoing it. And I looked at him and I was just like, man. And there was another sumum follow there who kept falling asleep during your sessions because he was just handling it so well. And I looked at him and I was like, I mean, wow, you Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was falling asleeep, but I think I might have been actually like fainting, like it was like many I was dying.
Speaker 4: I was just like, oh, yeah, we're still here.
Speaker 1: Okay, the congratulations you got through it, thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah thig fuck.
Speaker 3: Shall we bring our spirits up?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: Every week on the podcast, we talked about where we love about home, whether it's where you live, where you were born, maybe it's back home in Samoa where you feel most grounded.
Speaker 4: We'll go first, Mayes. What do you love about home? This week?
Speaker 3: Coming off the CEV discussion, What I love about home is I've always lived close to a diary, so I never take that for granted. Just growing to go buy a ladder on Saturday for some activities and take the lot I live close to a diary, got me a power aid and I had a good night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that for you.
Speaker 3: And I also love close to an establishment, an eatery so to speak. And it's one of those hood eateries. I can always just trust on it. If I'm hungover, I've got somewhere to go eat. I can walk there. I don't have to drive, just easy. And it's like there's a laundry as well, like it's very handy.
Speaker 1: Eats from the eatery that's like next door to you.
Speaker 3: No, but I have driven. I literally lived like two houses away. But I don't want to be seen like that. My crocs and my warehouse chack hands not.
Speaker 2: Are you calling a hen or are you just going and ordering and then sitting in your car just going.
Speaker 3: That's really no brain capacity through I.
Speaker 4: Don't think nice.
Speaker 3: What do you love about home?
Speaker 2: Growl Well, since my law is here and he's like iconic music journalist number one up there, No truly number one. I'm going to take that music journal energy.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 2: South CP came out, it would be probably out for about like a month now, no three weeks on a week, literally a week. But by the time this comes out weeks about three weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's patent.
Speaker 2: Is just the best, and like he's just such a nice person and this music is just so freaking good. And I was very lucky to go to his EP release party last week and I got to meet his A made partner, Esh. I know you're listening and I'm obsessed with you so thinks wire being so nice but also thanks making great music past and it's just so fucking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you? What I love about I I I love how rude Auckland can be at times very grounded. There's nothing like people don't understand when I say, like, you become the best driver possible when you live in Auckland. Mess I live, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Part of it.
Speaker 1: I think that, like like how people think of New York, I think of Auckland, like as soon as it's like a noxiousness to Auckland is but people see it as like a bad thing. I take it as like a like a badge bonner, like like I can start vive the toughest but like, but period.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you from rewhere?
Speaker 1: I'm genuinely direc from. I'm a white boy who's speak someone and it's from Gleenfield.
Speaker 4: Wait really Foodfield?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: The movie ruined my life to be very proud of. We were from like an bricking and beach table would be like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't be a hater, be a player, congratulator.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know, I know she studied it. What did I know about that?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: But you live in South Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I love. I love in SOUTHLK. I have. I've lived in South Okland for I think in total like ten years by I lived in glen I've lived all over Auckland. I'm very grateful for it. I've lived in the CBD, I've lived in Greenfield, i lived in glean Eating. But I'm very great because I love you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Wait, I've just realized we didn't congratulate you on your engagements.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, I was going to yeah, that's so exciting.
Speaker 1: We we were just talking about it. Last night. We were like sitting down and being like, so when are we going to do? But we're We're like, I'm very My fiance is very private, she likes her you know, she's very low key. And I've founders, I've gotten older, I'm very I like just not being in that I picked the worst career possible to want to keep me. Yeah, so it's like one of those tough things, but I'm very grateful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We're thinking of doing like a just my parents who appearents waiting. We even considering just going courthouse and doing it there, like because like are expensive. I'd rather go holiday. I'd rather, you know, like buy a house. I don't know about that. We want to have children and stuff, and that stuff just seems like more of a priority than throwing a party for other people. Fair enough, So I'm excited. It's it's a yeah. I did it on I did it on Masiki and we were up. We went up the moment and I was up the top. There was like sixty seventy people trying to engage it and I was like this, and I think the first words that came out of her mouth she was like, what the fuck here, and I was like yes or no, it's like five degrees there, which said yes eventually, yeah, yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 4: It's just like life changing, I guess, but for two private people.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. She was like, please don't like so many ways, like yeah, it's like it's a it was. It was strange, like I didn't even want to post it on social media because I just felt weird about like this thing that's very special to me personally and putting it out there into the world. And like it took a little while, but I was like, I'm very proud of this, like I'm very happy this is something that's special. You should so yeah, yeah, but I was very anxious posting it. And then like just the and it like went on Instagram's explore page or something like that, and that only strange and I was just like, the worst one could happen. But I love so I'm very sorry about that. So thank you for you guys.
Speaker 3: We love around here. So my law, it's without saying that you are a broadcaster that we both look up to, and you just got the best questions in the game, there's no two ways about it. Tell us about your journey into broadcasting, did you always see this for yourself?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Nah, no, no, no, I dropped that. I dropped out school at like fourteen fifteen. Yeah, I had to take my dad with me to the school to sign out because I like, I was too young to drop out on my own. Yeah, I didn't think because my old man has been a panel beater for thirty forty years and he still works at the same place, and he eventually the owner soldier to my dad. And I was just like in my head in high school, I was like, I'm gonna be a panel beaterer. That's it. But my dad was like very much like I don't know. As I got older, I understood it, but at the time it was like Dad was like, I came here to this country in the eighties. I made sacrifices. I don't want you to do this. He's like, you could do this, yes, but he was like, I want you to do something else too. I got sent to some more I came home. I was like, education is really important. I don't I want a good job. And I when got like my certificate Tertiary Foundations.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess it was just a period where I was like I don't know what I'm gonna do. I just need to make money. And I thought you get paid a lot of money in radio.
Speaker 4: You thought it was damn yeah, people think that, think.
Speaker 1: That all of our and then it's your working eighty hours a week other forty hours as about it. I hope I can pay my bills. Yeah, it was. I I mean I loved music. I love music, and I think that was like a pull to it, and like as kids, like radio was cool to us, Like I just remember, I have so many vivid memories of getting dropped off to school listening to the radio, when I was working at my dad's panel shop, listening to the radio man when the radio stations would come and like you know, they do those giveaways, they drop off lunches to workshops and things like that, and that was so cool, the relationship we with radio presenters. It was so meaningful to me, like having that friend you'd never met. Yeah, and at the time, like when I was a kid, like you'd never you didn't even know what they looked like. Like I remember getting shocks when you'd see billboards and we're like yeah, so like I had, I always loved the radio. I never genuinely thought I'd get a job in it, and then when I went to radio school, just the stars aligned. I was tour driving for Swiss Tree and Semi j Wowkland because my radio school is Downkland.
Speaker 3: Instagram Serenity.
Speaker 1: Were like, hey, we know this kild school. You should give him a shot, and he took a bit on me and it's just kind of been my life ever since. Really, Wow, that's so cool. You spent many years at you Yeah, I think just eight eight years shy of nine maybe something like that. That was I like was there from like eighteen through to twenty six.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a formative years. Yeah yeah, and like just having Yeah, that was the thing. Like I really grew up here and I was the youngest person at new EFIM for like five years or something like that, and then the Wister guy took that from me. Oh yeah yeah, And it was just it was a really special time to grow up there. I like, I think people know me now as being Simon, but when I first started there, I didn't. I was always proud to be someone, but I really didn't know anything. So being at new EFIM like really helped me get in touch with my culture. And my heritage and then something I'm like super grateful for. It was a yeah, it was. It was a really special time to me and I always hold that place near in theater my heart because they really helped shape me to be who I am today, not just like on a professional level, but just on a personal level. It was a really special time for me. That's very cheesy. I'm very sorry.
Speaker 4: We love the cheese.
Speaker 2: That's so that's so epic, especially when we think about broadcasting and how it has necessarily been super kind to our communities. It's really really cool that you were able to enter a space where you felt like really like you were able to grow in that confidence and then also create representations for our people. So how do you feel to be part of that community of broadcasters who are really trying to accurately represent our communities?
Speaker 1: Now, I didn't think I was, like, you know, like I think, but it kind of just happens when you work in Pacific media. It's it's really special. It's a great honor. It's it's a lot of pressure, especially if you I think people, I think people get stuck in the trap of like Pacific culture is salmon culture. When you work working at PMN, you realize it's not just us, you know, like you, I mean song and you when Tuvalon Lao Fiji. There's so many Micronesian Melanesian Polynesian. It's not just and youve got to realize that representation goes beyond just you. I mean, I know someone's are overrepresented in media, but you know, I think it's about ensuring that we can bring through other communities and things like that. I yeah, I never thought i'd be that representation because look at me, but it just kind of happened, and I'm I'm very grateful. I don't I don't want to be the representation as per se. I've sort of found myself in a position where I'm able to provide opportunity to other generations to be their representation through music. You know, sitting down and chatting with young people that are doing really cool stuff in the community, but like musicians that are just crushing it. I want them to be the stars. I don't really, as per se, want to be the star. But you know, ours privileged coming out of New EFMS, I have so many role models. I mean there was before I even started, there was Oscar Twelo, I think that that new e Fan Nixon, Nate sell Up or Jendles Nico and a Corbett, There's so many people to look up to coming out, and it was a yeah, I don't consider myself in the same realm as them. They've done some phenomenal things, but I think I'm just I'm grateful that I get to be in a position to be like, Hey, here's these really cool people doing really cool stuff in the community. Let's celebrate them and learn more about them. Yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, because TAHI is not necessarily like a Pacific focused podcast. When you're like reaching out to people or when you're brainstorming people to bring onto the podcast, are you specifically being like, no, they need to be Maldir pasificer or is that kind of just something that happens like naturally.
Speaker 1: You know, It's been really interesting for me career wise because pim Ino was like, we're about our bussfeker and now it's about expanding that because we're trying to target not just bus speakers, We're talking mad youth, Southeast Asian youth, and things like that. We're trying to like really represent young people as a whole, which is very difficult. We're such a diverse city a diverse country that it's like we got to sit there and we gotta like consider that we're we're making sure everyone's voices are heard. It's really difficult, but it's a fun challenge and the people they would get through a phenomenal because, like, I've learned so much more. I've gotten a step outside of the BUSFEKA community and see what's that thing out there. I still think we're the best, but like I get to see all the other cool things that are going on, and I'm just like, man, like young people are the circus generation. Like this young generation are doing I did not have my life together there doing all this really cool stuff and I'm like, man, you're a way ahead of me. It's yeah, it's a new challenge, but it's cool. I think the city and country is so diverse and getting to celebrate that's like, man, sick.
Speaker 3: How has that adjustment been moving into mainstream? Coming from p men and going to Radio New Zealand.
Speaker 1: It's when you leave a network that's all brown, you're always going to have a different experience. But that's not to say the experience is bad. I've been very fortunate and provide a lot of opportunities to really celebrate and champion young busspeaker people, which put a lot of trust and faith in me, and man has been scary, but like it's like, I'm very grateful for that, you know. I mean it's still public service media, you know, which I think is something I'm well adjusted to, is working in public service. And yeah, the hands to the question that I'm I'm grateful that I've been able to no matter where I go, people are like, you can celebrate bus speaker people. Nobody's ever stopped me, nobody's ever question that. They're just like that, you know, Sort mine probably knows what he's talking about, Yeah, which is going to trust them. And I've been so grateful that that people feel that way about me, that I have a reputation to be like a trusted person like that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of that trust comes from your previous experience and the name that you've built for yourself, especially when it comes to interviewing. Honestly, I tell you every one that Sort my Law was probably the best interviewer.
Speaker 1: No, I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm bad with compliments, That's true. I remember back to your New FM dates. The questions were just questioning. You have a way of speaking to your guests in such an intimate way, like crazy, you.
Speaker 4: Really get the best out of your guests.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: How do you go about preparing for an interview?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't prep don't well, I I research. I don't prep questions. Okay. That's the key thing to me is because I think, you know, like in a radio in particular, we talk about you being a friend, like talking to each other like very casually, whereas the American presenters like you performative. And that's how I like to go into the interviews, is like I think, especially if you can get a talent to let a guard down and just speak to you as a person, that's like, that's the beauty of it to me, the passion that all these people have because you can prepare your questions as much as you like, and that's great. I know that there's people out there who are like really well media trained, but I'm not looking for that. I want to know. It's not like I'm looking for the exclusive. I just want to hear you speak like a human about something, especially because artists love the art. Yeah, so let me hear you get passionate, like let me hear your love for this thing that you love, and like we love it too. Like I always do the research on my guest. I always want to know as much as I can about them, but there's certain things that I don't want to know about them because there's just like so much stuff that comes naturally in conversation. I was really inspired by a zay Low, Yeah New Zealander. His interview style is very it's very personabal, it's very casual, it's very conversation, very.
Speaker 3: Very cute, and.
Speaker 4: So by the time this episode comes out.
Speaker 1: There, I just like that idea of just like getting somebody to let their guard down and just speak to you and get comfortable with you. And like I'm I mean, I don't. I have been told that I have a very wristing goon face. I can look very grumpy quite often, and some people think of me that way. So I really work hard to make my guests just feel comfortable and know that this is a safe space. Know that you know, if they say things that they don't really want in the interview, like afterwards, because sometimes you get people too comfortable, yeah, and they just open up a little too much, and then afterwards you have to go back and be like, oh, they're like I don't actually feel comfortable sharing that. I'm like, that's fine. Yeah, that's so fine.
Speaker 2: We've recorded a few solo episodes and because like Marinon and I are beasties, I'm like I did this, and then I'm like, oh, hey, so I actually don't want to release that episode at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the two of you having a real conversation, and then he realized this has to go to the war.
Speaker 4: People will listen to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and man, have you ever read a TikTok commentiction?
Speaker 3: Don't even start with TikTok, It's a waste.
Speaker 1: There are some critins on that. Satan himself honestly mix like that's weird, that's the comments. So like you ever put like I've said something really personal and meaningful to the conversation has just been like and it will crush?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't care what people have to say. What it's like, man, like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We did like a silly comedy video and someone wrote dry in the comments and I was like, I'm not dry, I'm hilarious.
Speaker 1: Where it's just like dumb no, it's not.
Speaker 3: But what did you find dumb? Tell me more?
Speaker 1: Someone someone keeps calling me by my English name, and the time he comments, they're just like, man, there's Ethan.
Speaker 3: I sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm like, who told you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I know somebody from like high school or something like that. You want to find them one day. So like, when it comes to getting a gift, to get comfortable, like you have to put measures in place to let them know that it's safe to be open and will make amendments if they don't feel comfortable with stuff. Yeah. Like when it comes to the process, I like, I just know what I want to get out of it when I go into prepping the interview on just like, these are the things that I want to learn. How we get there is irrelevant because I I did an interview produced an interview for me years ago, and she was in my ear telling me off because I wasn't actually listening to the guest I had. I was just listening for my turn. Yeah, you know, like you're like, Okay, they're finished talking, here's my next question. Yeah, And that stuck with me because she was all right, I wasn't listening to anything they had to say. I was just listening for the breath me to be like, okay, now tell me about this. And I know that in in radio you get like three to five minutes for a break to ask these questions. Very difficult, but that's sort of the beauty of being able to do a podcast. I can I commit those answers, breathe, yeah, break them down, ask more questions and things like that, which is yeah, I think we're like my strength lives isn't just talking to people. That's what I enjoy the most. And honestly talking about myself today has been very difficult. I hope I've answered questions absolutely.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, listen, who's one of those gifts that you've walked away from being?
Speaker 4: Like I killed that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Like that was a great chat.
Speaker 1: I the movement, Oh, I love that. The movement is a I mean movers not only just incredible community leader, but being able to pick his brain. He's so smart. I call him sometimes and just ask for advice on things, and he gives me that time even though he's a has been right. Yeah yeah, so he'll like he'll call back, and he's calling he's not even calling me on FaceTime. Like that was a great interview. I felt very proud about that A Radna. Yeah, I got the interview a Radna and it was so special to me because I'm like, I like knew her for like eight years working at New ethan like I'd just feature from reception and take her to the other shows. And that was the first time I actually got to sit down interview with myself. And he's very grateful for that, Yeah, and hearing her journey and things like that. Yeah, there's been some man, honestly, they have done so many interviews, like it's hard, but those were two standouts, especially from last year that really stuck with me that like I walked away from and I think I was like, I did good service to those musicians, the talent, and I think I serviced my listenership by giving them a valuable product. Here's a good interview for you, yeah, to enjoy.
Speaker 3: We have got our rapid fire Kim this week, which is guy I swear eight with this game. So this is what we're going to do. We are going to ask my law question and he has the option to either answer or should he wished to plead the fifth, he can take the shot of cover my law to four shells cover from VTS, not from the theory. All right, I've got some Christians here. Did you want to read the Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, okay, your first Christian sort.
Speaker 2: I feel like there should be some dramatic music keptening right now. I'm just mentioning your mind. Who's the rudest person you've even interviewed.
Speaker 1: That we've got? Sorry, answer question, Okay, I'll put it out there. I haven't had a really bad interview. Okay, but I've had some Yeah, yeah, I haven't had any like like what a diva. They haven't walked down Oh yeah, yeah, but I've had someones where I was just like, hmmm, that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be like that. Okay, question number so, how do you feel about I Love I love it?
Speaker 1: Now? I want to answer that I have to. I think that it can put unnecessary strain on people trying to survive in a world that is not particularly kind. Times are tough. My groceries are up two hundred bucks, you know, like petrols up, and like some people just can't afford it. Like, I mean, I get I see, I see the impact that I Love Love is have when they go back home. They can do amazing things. But I don't know, it's not all fairy tales and rainbows and like that here, like times are really tough. I think that I understand and respect the cultural importance and value of them, but I think we need to look at them differently because when they were invented, we weren't under capitalism, so we need to review how that works and our families can still contribute, but without like my like strained. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that we're taking a title.
Speaker 4: Like a last question, should girls be able to show their mud?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like yes, like you guys already know I was gonna say, because yes, Like I think that's like you know, like I don't know people think that my ancestors will pants or something, you know, like put like women wear them. They have significance in that's all The significance is to be shown, yeah, to show them off. Like why can I wear short shorts and show them off and woman can't.
Speaker 2: This is something that I have come across. When my guy friend show their pit, it's there's like a like a oh my gosh, you got your like it's like a really cool thing like me, and there's like a camaraderie almost.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I wore pants for two years after it just.
Speaker 4: Like the level of cell covers through the rum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then yeah, I'll go running in my little running shorts and I just see people driving past, Like but you.
Speaker 1: Know what when you get back to someone, like they're shown Like I didn't see that conservatives as much in the Islands. Like when I got back, I see girls wearing their shorts and things like that, chewing it off, and I'm like, man, shot it off, Like you went through this thing, you contributed to our society, our culture. Man, show it off like you Like, do you know who's always allowed us about this stuff? People that don't have them, Like, oh my what the yearly Twitter debate comes up and people are like, oh yeah, you know, if you don't speak, it's shut up. Yeah, And it's all people that don't have just like shut up you. The thing is, at the end of the day, we nearly lost this really beautiful things colonization. We should not lose it because of what gatekeeping. Yeah, it's yeah, like I think everyone should show them. I don't know, I think it's I think it's weirdo behavior to police all body about something that's so special, like or just in general, to be honest with you period.
Speaker 2: Okay, my top three quotes from this episode just try shut up weirdo behavior.
Speaker 1: Editorials.
Speaker 4: My boss is gonna be like, we're gonna hold that episode.
Speaker 3: I hope this was okay.
Speaker 1: I very really sit down and talk about myself. And it's so strange to be only but I really appreciate what you both do. I think that this is a really special show because it doesn't just I think like you don't just celebrate musicians, you celebrate everyone from every background and all these different cultures. I think you have something really important here, like don't give just keep going, Like you guys have developed something really special. And I think the stories that you hear two are really important because they're not just the usual stories. There's stories from so many different facets of society. This is this is really unique. This is really special, and I mean, you've both been young people. It's incredible voices to have, Like, I'm very honored to be here.
Speaker 4: We're so thanks so much for saying that.
Speaker 1: I think you guys have done something really cool and it's really cool to see it thrive, like and that's why you guys got the award. Many well deserving all this.
Speaker 3: I also am very bad at taking Yeah, very quiet, it's just.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: Call me here.
Speaker 2: You can listen to on all the podcast platforms releases Tuesday and Thursday, and you can find all medal on Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's don't find me, h, I don't want. I think it's my.
Speaker 3: But we'll catch you on the every Tuesday and Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yes you will hopefully.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, sort of thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah so my low icon' legion moment host of the Tay podcast, which you can find on I think pretty much all streaming platforms just like us, just like first us first please then.
Speaker 3: We love them. We do, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: You can listen to mo iral every Thursday for episodes coming out. I've also got clips out on the socials literally trying. Please please like and comment and I'll reply to you.
Speaker 4: If that's what she wants, she.
Speaker 3: Will Alsa's comments background.
Speaker 4: I'm trying.
Speaker 3: I'm really trying. You're about hiding us, hiding up.
Speaker 4: On the ma langa.
Speaker 3: Make you very much, please pay her bill. She's trying to get into influence.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyone out there specifically looking for like an uber sponsorship or an awkward transport sponsorship. Just so I can get around the town.
Speaker 3: They should put a so for the next run, and let's form outself. Let's teach them how to catch the bus. Oh.
Speaker 4: I can definitely do that.
Speaker 3: She can, She's got that under her belt.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you guys, see you on the socials at I Heart Radio.
Speaker 3: Yes, she got it right this time. Bye.