Speaker 1: Football Fever with news Talks, enb's voice of Football Jason Paine and Bonnie Jensen.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome into a fresh episode of Football Fever powered by FIFA Plus. Stream New Zealand Football live and free on FIFA plus dot com. I'm Jason pine Great pleasure to be back with a fresh episode. Bonnie Jensen is here too. We had a week off last week, Bonnie, a little less football to talk, but quite a bit to get stuck into today. How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good, Thanks Piney, So good to be back. Obviously, you know it's ramping up now into the Olympics, so really looking forward to talking more football.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of the Olympics, what we've decided to do today is start by predicting our football fern squad for the Olympic Games and eighteen strong squad. We did this with the the Ollie Whites a little while ago and we wait to see for July the second whether our predictions are right or not. So I've come up with eighteen players and four reserves. Is that what you've done?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 2: Good that we're on the same page, then good that the WhatsApp group is working well, okay, well, let's just work our way through and come up with our eighteen players that we think Yetka klim Kova will take to Paris in a couple of months. In fact, it's less than that. It's about six weeks away now, So let's just go through position by position. Bonnie and an eighteen person squad.
Speaker 4: Two goalkeepers, Yes, I've got two goalies.
Speaker 2: Pretty obvious.
Speaker 4: An Elite Vikersen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think there's any question there is there. I think that's probably the easiest part of all of this, is to name the two goalkeepers.
Speaker 4: Do you have as your number one?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Well, I think they'll work it out when they get there. Both. I think Analytes kind of had the gloves recently, hasn't she more often than Vackssen, But vick Ersen's been playing a lot for Rangers in the back end of her Scottish season. An elite. I haven't heard the latest around where the analyte is definitely staying at aston Villa. I think they're both great keepers. I don't think there's a wrong answer really there No.
Speaker 3: I think an elite is you know, it makes sense her being the younger one and she is the future of this team and saying that she started both games against Japan, and I don't think she played her best games or a few eras, and I think that showed her lack of experience. But in saying that, you know, that's why we need to give her more opportunities playing for New Zealand and that and that starting shirt.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I know we're jumping around here, but did you name a third keeper in your four reserves?
Speaker 4: No? I did it? You didn't do that, Okay, yeah, I didn't think that.
Speaker 2: Well who would have? I don't want to put you on the spot, but who would it be if you did?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 3: I mean I'd like to see Brianna Edwards here, but I mean she's been a little bit off the radar with personal reasons, so I don't expect her to be there. And that's why maybe Aaron Naylor, I'd say.
Speaker 2: I think maybe Murphy Sheef would be one. It probably won't matter because unless there's an injury to one of the top two, those two will go. But yeah, I'm not sure what the situation is around Browner Ribards either. You know, at times magnificent for the Phoenix, but yeah, but in and out for reasons, we're not entirely one hundred percent sure off, so we'll just wait and see with that. All right, defenders, how many defenders have you got?
Speaker 4: I've got seven?
Speaker 2: I picked six, Okay, So have you gone with?
Speaker 3: Have you gone with c J Bott, Mikayla Foster, Ali Green, Ali Riley as the four kind of full bat roles, and then Katie Bowen, Rebecca Stott, and Cordia Bunge as center backs.
Speaker 2: All right, so I've got all six of those. Also, I've got six of your seven, so I've I've gone Bot, Bowen, Bunge, Foster, Riley, Stott. I haven't picked Ali Green in my squad, so I kind of feel like with c J. Bott, Mikayla Foster, Ali Riley, you've kind of got enough cover on both sides. Mikayla Foster can play both sides, Alie Riley can play both sides.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 2: Bot to me, he's the Lockton right back, So I didn't really see the need for an Ellie Green. But I like what you've done there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree, and I know you know it gives you more kind of midfielders attackers to take, which I like what you've done there. But in saying that Ali Green looks pretty good and she's also quite an attacking player, so yeah, she's she did quite well in the last few camps, so I feel like they're just vibing with her at the moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I also cheated a little bit. I've kind of named a defender as a midfielder, so let's let's go to that. Yeah, well, just just to provide cover in an eighteen person squad. Really, but I've gone five midfielders. How many of you got one?
Speaker 4: Two, three, four?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Okay? Should I'll give you mine my five. I've picked Kate Taylor in midfield.
Speaker 4: What you had?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she can also obviously cover center back if needed. So Kate Taylor, Malia Steinmetz, Daisy Cleverly, Macy Fraser, and Katie Kitching. My five? Who have you gone for?
Speaker 3: I've gone Malia Steinmetz, Katie Kitching, Macy Fraser, India Page Riley, and Daisy Cleverly.
Speaker 2: All right, so I've named India as a forward. So yeah, but no, that's cool. So you haven't got Kate Taylor in your squad?
Speaker 4: No, I've got her amongst the reserves.
Speaker 3: And that's why I like what you did with Ali Green, because I you know, maybe you take Kate Taylor as well and you get.
Speaker 4: Rid of Ali Green. I thought it would.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's between Daisy and Kate as to who they're going to take in the midfield. Obviously, Daisy's been around for years, Kate's up and coming in this team. So it, yeah, depends who you probably want to bring off the bench. Macy Fraser is another interesting one. We know how good she is and you know, on a good day she starts for this team one hundred percent, but she clearly has, you know, some some personal issues going on. She just left the recent camp. And with an Olympics where you can only take eighteen players, it's a pinnacle event. Are they going to want to be taking a player that's not one hundred percent mined in the game. And so that's another big call for yik.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's such a good point, and they'd have to be really, really sure that she was going to be available for the whole thing. I mean, it may only be the three group games. Let's be honest. It's a tough group that New Zealand have landed. And but you're right, with an eighteen person squad. You'd need to be rock solid in your assurance that all eighteen we're all in. I just think this could be Daisy Cleverly's time, you know where Rhea Percival is out of the picture now, so as Betsy has it. You know, two players who have been a big part of New Zealand's midfield, Annally Longo another one who has been beset by injury. With Daisy Cleverly playing you know regularly now in Denmark, I just wonder whether it might be might be her time to shine over the next little while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, And you can tell with these players, the more minutes of getting the more they kind of step up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We talk about Gabby Rennie and how many goals she's scored for a club at the moment, and you can tell and the way she's playing, she's getting minutes. And I agree with the same as Daisy. And yes, Kate Taylor is an unbelievable player in the midfield and she's the future of this team. Another one, but I feel just more confident bringing someone like Daisy Cleverly off the bench to see out a game or you know, add a bit of leadership to this team, and yes, she hasn't got a whole lot of minutes in the past, but we're starting to see that ramp up with the likes of Rhea and Betsy and Annalie Away as you mentioned.
Speaker 2: All right, so that's the midfield. As I say, I've got India Page Riley as one of my five attackers. So I'm just trying to do the sums in my head. Do you have I've got four? You're four, that's right, okay, So I'll tell you what my five. India Page Riley is one, obviously, and the others I've gone for are Millie Clegg, Jackie Hand, Grace Jarlay and Hannah Wilkinson.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 3: I've got the same obviously, minus India Page Riley.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, So we differ, really, we differ really in that you've picked Allie Green and I've picked Kate Taylor. Otherwise I think we're the same, aren't we?
Speaker 1: Yeap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly the same? Yeah, look at ass, but what about your reserves painting?
Speaker 2: Well, I did pick a keeper. I picked Murphy Sheef as the as the backup backup keeper. My other three I picked one in each position. I picked Mackenzie Bowriie as my backup defender, Gabby Rennie as my backup striker, and I've gone a bit wild card on my backup midfielder. I've gone with somebody who's uncapped. I've gone with Daisy Brazendale out of Wellington Phoenix. I just I really liked, don't laugh. I really liked what I saw from her during the season. I think, if we're going to regenerate and you know, and try some new things, and to me, I look around the other midfielders that are available and I think, well, you know, is there anybody really who states a case really strongly? Maybe I've forgotten somebody? Who have you gone with?
Speaker 3: I've got obviously I didn't add a keeper in, but I've got Kate Taylor, Grace nebl Gabby Rennie and Mac Barry. So that's kind of three defensivesh players. Yes, but that these these players are, you know, almost deserving of being in the team. They've had minutes for the fern SI I'd say they would be brought along. They're still young. That makes me leave out. I've a left out Murphy Sheef and Mikayla Moore from the last tour they're the only two that miss out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've left Mikayla Moore out obviously as well. She's looking for a new club, isn't she. I sorry of the weekend that she will be leaving Glasgow, so's she's on the lookout for a new club. I just feel like there's enough defensive cover, especially if you take Mackenzie Barry as one of your one year four, because you know you've got Cadie Bow and Claudia Barnes, Rebecca Stott, Kate Taylor and Mackenzie Barry who can all cover center back. And yes, Mikayla Moore has given great service to New Zealand, and you have to say has bounce back really well from the disappointment of being left out of the World Cup squad last year. But yeah, I just can't find a place for her in my twenty two unfortunately.
Speaker 4: No, we've got too many to defend too many.
Speaker 2: So look that really it feels pretty locked in then, doesn't it. You know, unless Yitka is thinking in an entirely different way. I don't know that there's anybody we've forgotten. I don't think Analie Longo is going to be able to prove her fitness in time. I haven't heard anything to the contrue that she's playing any football at all to try and get fit for the Olympics. No, I don't think there's anybody we've forgotten. It seems like a fairly straightforward squad to choose apart from one or two positions.
Speaker 3: I mean in saying this, obviously we know what it's like with the football ferns. We know there's a whole different concept of kind of who you think will be picked, who you think should be picked. I would like to see Hannah Blake and Devon Jackson in the mix. I still completely rate both of those players, and in an ideal world, I see them either in the eighteen or definitely in and amongst the reserves. But they're just not talked about enough. And we've seen that Yika clearly you know, doesn't doesn't prefer them as players, which is absolutely fine. It's her choice, she's the expert. But yeah, in terms of players, miss, I think both of those those two would should you know, be involved in the future of this team and the lie long. I've heard inklings you know that that maybe she is targeting this return. But again I don't think she's made enough of a case. I don't think she's that much of a star these days that where we should be pushing to to or rushing her back for this event.
Speaker 2: The other one I kind of toyed with was Emma Main. I think she had she had a good season for Wellington Phoenix. And is you know somebody who could stay the case? Yeah, Devin Jackson, Hannah Blake. Look, yeah, all sort of a league women's players, aren't they? And is Hannah Blake still and later or is she is? She? Is she going to still be there next season? Do we know?
Speaker 3: I think so At this point, I'll have to go and do some digging. Maybe I'll try and get in touch and see what she's viping. Yeah, I feel like Devon as well as not sure where she's going to be. I also noticed that Grace Jarale is considered unattached. Maybe she could be heading back to the Phoenix.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the others. I'm just looking at some of the names who have played for New Zealand in recent times who we haven't talked about. Los Anton is another one. Again. I think she just gets forced out by a log jam at the back and players able to cover a bunch of different positions. Ruby Nathan is another one who's been in and around. Grace Wishnewski, we know, is only coming back from a long term injury and has also left Wellington, so she's looking for a new club.
Speaker 4: And for a Savander Man.
Speaker 2: Yes. Another one, Yes, and I think in the future she'll definitely be there. We'll talk about her in a moment. Ava Collins is the other one who's been in and around, but I just don't think it's a place for her at the moment either.
Speaker 3: No, especially at the Olympics, where like you have to pick eighteen players and lucky for the football Ferns, it's kind of pretty straightforward. You and I have very very similar squads that we've just named. But I you know, you know Piney that I am someone who's kind of obsessed with the US women's national team and I'm kind of following along at the moment. How Emma Hayes, their new coach, is going to pick their squad because their pool of talent is just so much bigger. So I mean, we're lucky in this sense that you know, not too many players miss out, but can't say the same for other nations.
Speaker 2: All right, July two is when the Football Ferns and the Ollie Whites will be named to contest the upcoming Paras Olympic Games. Football fever on my hard Radio. Let's go to the men's national side. The all Whites are in Vanawatu for the OFC Nations cut. Their campaign has been shortened already unfortunately by the withdrawal of New Caledonia, so only two teams to play in group play the Solomon Islands tomorrow, Vanawatu on Friday, and provide that they can finish in the top two of that three team group, which they absolutely should, I'll go through to the semis and then hopefully on to the final. In the group game that was played on Saturday, Vanawatu beat the Solomons one nil and the other group Fiji five one winners over Papua New Guni, Tahiti beating some more or two nils. So it feels like Fiji and Tahiti come through from the other side. So those are the two teams that New Zealand will probably have to negotiate in the semi final and the final. What should our hopes be for this tournament?
Speaker 3: Well, I was just kind of talking with some people in the office and you know, maybe this tournament wasn't the best one for us to go to to play, and I you know, the conditions over the ere obviously really intense, the facilities aren't amazing, and you know, just the timing of it heading into the Olympics where a lot of the Ollie Whites, the younger players have been named in this team.
Speaker 4: Is it a good decision? I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm keen to hear how you feel, Piney, but in saying that, it's I believe it's a one that you know, hopefully boostuffy for rankings, which is something we really need. What over one hundred in the world, which I feel like doesn't really reflect the All Whites. So yeah, I'm hoping they go out and score a whole bunch of goals and Darren Baizley can finalize his last few Ollie Whites that he's still not sure about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just on that. The reason they're there is for the ranking points. Because ranking points in competitive matches, which these are, they're not friendlies because you're playing for something their WAFC Nations Cup, they count for more. So that's the reason they're there. I actually, on the contrary, quite like the idea that they're together and a bunch of them who are going to be going to the Olympics are spending some time together. Because if there's one thing that has really afflicted New Zealand teams for a long time at all levels, really male and female, underage and senior, is the lack of time they get to spend together. And this has certainly been the case with your whites. They get together so infrequently that I just think they grab with two hands any opportunity to do so, whether it's an un frimely conditions or not. Even the chance to spend time off the pitch building relationships with one another I think is valuable. So yeah, I'm I'm I'm yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Pleased for that.
Speaker 2: I'm for it, and I'm looking forward to the games. And I think they have to go out there and just look to smash these teams. That's what they have to do. Just that looks like the football Ferns did in their Olympic qualifiers. Go out there and yes, the opposition we know are going to be you know, by comparison limited. So you go out there, you beat your chest to be you put your fur on the throat and you win these games comfortably. That's how how I would like to see them approach it. I think bes has got the opportunity to give a bunch of guys debuts and to give some guys gain time together ahead of the Olympic Games. I'll be interested, actually to know what you think our best eleven is in this in the squad. I think they'll probably all get games over the first He'll probably try and rotate, I would say, in the in the group games. But if you're picking a team for a final, for example, what what is your team for the for the from this twenty one man squad, what's your best eleven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it was really tricky to pick, obviously, because we know Darren Baizy is going to use this tournament to rotate the squad and also see those under twenty one players heading into the Olympics. I do know Darren Baizley loves a back three, and it looks like he's taken three out and out center backs, so I don't know if he would do that. He'd like to preserve one on the bench in case of injury or something like that. So I'm saying that I've got Alex Paulson and goal obviously he plays for Bournemouth in the Premier League.
Speaker 4: We can't not pick him.
Speaker 2: Yet, well he will, it's on stage. I'm sure, yes, you're right, fair enough, okay, yeah, surely.
Speaker 3: And then I've got Tommy Smith and Tyler Bindon in center backs, and Libby Cacacce and Tim Payne as fullbacks. I've got a midfield three of Cam Hollison as Cam Housen and Alex Rufer Alex Rufer sorry as the sixth, and then cam Housen and Ben Old as the two eights, and then Costa on the wings, Mutter leading the line and Alex Greeve on the other one.
Speaker 2: Okay. Interesting we differ a little bit, well not, I mean probably more than we did in the football firms example, I've got Alis s Porson and goal obviously as well. I think Max Crokum has had a really good season and he probably is the he's the incumbent. But you've got to give Alex Paulson a cap at some stage. He's uncapped. But you say he said in the Premier League, I think he's probably the number one, or soon will be yeah, I've got I've gone for the back for pain, I've gone Sermon ahead of Smith in central defense. But that's not to say that Tommy Smith won't won't be able to provide. And I think he's only there for the first couple of games, or is that he arrives for the last couple because he's Chris Wood's best man, and the reason Chris Wood isn't here is he's getting married, and clearly if you're the best man, you've got to be at the wedding as well. So yeah, I think Tommy Smith is either there for the first couple or the last couple. I can't remember which it is, but yeah, but so i'd go Binden Sermon Cacacia left back. The only problem with Luby Carcacy in the first game is that I think he's still supp bended. Remember he got that red card right at the end of the game against t Nizia. He got sent off basically right as the players were coming together at the end of that game to almost, you know, almost in the handshakes. He got sent off. So I think he misses the first game. He'll clearly play in the final. But yeah, but that's just a word a word on Kakachi, but yeah, he's left back. I've gone Rufa Hallison Old as well as my midfield three. I like that a lot. Up front, I've gone Barbarusis Wayne and Eli Just. So I like the left hand side with Kacacchi and Just. They've built that combination over many many years now on the left side of New Zealand's New Zealand's formation. So I've gone Barbarusis, Wayne and Just. Yeah. So Marta, Grieve and Smith your picks. I've gone Sermon, Wayne and Just. But you know it's good to and then that leaves the likes of the guys we have mentioned, fin Conchi, Lucas, Kelly Healed, Sam Sutton, Oscar van Hatam, Jesse Randall. A number of those players I've just mentioned are under twenty three and so I'm sure as I say that, Basil want to give them some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, exactly. It's it's so hard to perk. Obviously, you set our best lineup. That's what I went off, but I don't think that's what's gonna You know that they're not going to be fielded as a team. Maybe maybe in a final, but especially for these pool games. Yeah, I can see Darren Bezie wanting to, you know, get some combinations going. Obviously, the Olympics is the pinnacles at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So our first game or first game for New Zealand is Tuesday, that is against Vanuatu, as I say, and then they'll they'll turn around and play the play the Vanatu side on Friday. Then it's the Semis in the final in the following week. So let's hope that New Zealand can get through safely and win the OFC Nations Cup.
Speaker 1: Football fever on a hard radio ron.
Speaker 2: A few other things. I want to just kick around with you. Ben Old has been linked with a French club, the newly promoted League One side Saint Ettienn. This has been floating around over the last week or so. If you're Wellington Phoenix, are you happy to see Ben Old go?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm a Wellington Phenix fan and no, but for a big enough fee surely, yeah. I think it's really it's a really good look for the club to have so many young players that they're they're kind of sending on and you know, you've got to support these players have been coming through the academy for better opportunities overseas.
Speaker 2: So surely I think they've almost put a marker in the ground, haven't they With Alex, With the likes of Alex Paulson and others who have gone before Ben Wayne the most recent example. I think you know, they've said we're not going to stand in the way of no players ambition. And we all know that Ben Old has a ceiling much higher than the A League. With all due respect to the A League, he was one of the best players the last season. I too would love to see him run around in a Phoenix shirt next season and tearing it up again. But I feel like maybe he's already at the level where he can go. So yeah, pretty strong mail about this. And it may be that, you know, we find out before the end of the international break or into the Olympic Games, that Ben Old is going to Paris for the Olympics, so he might just stay there. John't Blaker stayed dead the end, So yeah, maybe another hole for Chief in a film when he gets back on the women's side. Marissa VanderMeer has re signed. That's a good piece of business. She missed a large part of last season with the injury she picked up. Kate Taylor is departing though, What did you make of this news?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I obviously messaged you Parney going the Phoenix aren't going to have a team next year. I just feel like so many players or this, you know kind of there's stalwarts of all are all leaving and saying that mauricea Vandam she's a big signing or you know, a good player to keep around with the likes of Mackenzie Barry and Rebecca Lake. So we know that the defense is going to be good. But Kate Taylor, Yeah, I'm excited for her. She's done well for the football Ferns. She's done well the last couple of years. And you know, it'd be interesting to see whether she stays in the A League or you know, goes over to Europe like some of her football fans teammates have so came to hear.
Speaker 2: Would she leave Wellington for another A League women's team.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe Grace Charlie did it.
Speaker 2: And that was that was but that was the first season Phoenix. This is a different kettle of fish now right, this is a solid home based Phoenix team. Sure, if I'm Kake Taylor, why would I go, unless it was too.
Speaker 3: Like Sydney and Melbourne City though they have like top class conditioned, you know, facilities, and i'd say much higher standards. You know, with all due respect to the Wellington Phoenix is still a very new team. You know, it would it would definitely be a step up playing for one of those those top teams. But yeah, I mean, if she could get to Europe by all means go.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I look at the players who are playing We mentioned them a lot when we do our kis overseas on the podcast. You know, the ones who are playing in the second tier in England for example, one down from the Super League. I feel like Kay Taylor could slot in there easily. You know, She's she's good enough, She's she's now got a couple of positions that she can play at. She's she's got international experience now played over ten twelve times for New Zealand. So yeah, I think it would be almost for her. I feel like, why would she leave an A League club for an A League club as she unless it was for one that had had a much better you know, set of facilities or whatever. Speaking of going from an A League club to an A League club. Hannah Wilkinson has left Melbourne City. Could she come to the Phoenix?
Speaker 4: Could she? Maybe?
Speaker 3: I mean we're talking, you know, you said would one player leave an A league club for another a league club? But you're on different ends of your career when you're talking or comparing Kate Taylor and Hannah Wilkinson, I'd say, you know, she was on the cusp of missing out of my football Firms squad, and yeah, I'm not sure she's got a lot of you know, the highest level football left in her. Again, all due respect, she's been a legend of the game here in New Zealand. But yeah, maybe it'd be great to bring her back to the Wellington Phoenix.
Speaker 4: A bit of a marquee player.
Speaker 3: You might come back here every year and then go to Auckland FC when they get their women's team. Who knows, I might again have to do some digging.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what we can find out. We haven't heard anything definitive around mddy unaspect may yet. I feel like that's just a key piece of re signing for Wellington. If they can get murdy unaspect Meyer back, I think that'll that'll really, you know, give a lot of fans optimism for next season. You know, leading goal scorer, quality player international with Venezuela. You know. So yet the choice between mudy unspect Mya and Hannah Wilkinson, you chose spect my I think, but maybe they're just yeah. I look, I've heard nothing other than the fact that Annah Wilkinson's leaving Melbourne City, so you know where she ends up, I guess remains to be seen. A couple of pieces of news as well. Sky Stadium has been voted one of the top A League men stadiums the season by the players, rated first for pitch quality and second only behind Adelaide United's Cooper Stadium for atmosphere. So that's a feather in the cap of those who run sky Stadium. And just a rumor out of Auckland FC that was bubbling away last week. Japanese international right back Hiroki Sakai apparently is in the sites of Auckland FC. He's played seventy five times for the national team as recently as the last World Cup, is currently playing in the top Japanese league at Red Diamonds, so he can play center back as well as I understand it. So Hiroki Sakai set to be unveiled as perhaps the first marquee or import player for Auckland City in the next little while.
Speaker 1: Football fever on aheart radio.
Speaker 2: Let's finished as always with kiwis overseas. A number of our women still still playing or coming towards the end in some cases of their competitions around the place.
Speaker 3: Bonnie Yeah, Malia Steinmetz, I saw it all over social media HERFC Nordaland Champions Denmark. They won the competition over there with after a one all draw with their closest challenges Bronby in their final league match, and they now have the chance to do the double when they play Bromby again in the Danish Cup final later this week. Gabby Rennie scored her fourth goal piney, I saw you retweeted it on Twitter or x as we call it now for Aland United and a three all draw against in their latest league match in Finland. Millie Kleig's still waiting for a racing Louisville debut. I thought, surely after her football firm's goal, I thought she would get the caller Yeah. But however, Macy Fraser has played in two games now for Utah she's got another one this afternoon which I'll be tuning into. And she's looking good. She's looking real good, Piney. I'm excited for her.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am. I And yeah, I hope that you know, we don't know what's going on with Macy Fraser in terms of her reasons for withdrawing from certain squads and things like that, but I just hope that she has the opportunity and the wherewithal to realize her potential, because I think we can all agree that her potential is very, very high, that she could achieve, you know, a lot as a football player. And I've loved it that Utah have pretty much seen that straight away, and unlike Millie Kleig who's just waiting, she's been on the bench in the match day squad Millie Cleig at least half a dozen times without actually getting onto the grass.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I guess like you must say that Racing Louis Villa a stronger team in the NWSL. They're higher up on the table, they've got a good squad. We obviously know Abby u Sig is the former New Zealand captain, so yeah, she's got a lot of players to contend with US women's national team players. That being Utah are a new team and the competition, so hence why probably Macy's getting a few more opportunities. But you know, hats off to Macy because she's gone over there and you know, could be in her shell a little bit, take a bit of time to find her comfort zone. But she's just you know, gone in and come off the bench twice and kind of not been a game changer, but you know how her own and looked.
Speaker 4: Really really good. So yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: You know that a player you know, can go from New Zealand can go over to the best league in the world and do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, they've got to get They've got some work to do. The currently bottom of the NWSL, which is not just grace because as you say, they're a new team, but just the one win, one drawer in ten defeats from their first twelve matches. They played BAFC this afternoon, who are third bottom, so it's a sort of a they're also.
Speaker 4: A new team, they're also a team in the league.
Speaker 2: Cool, all right, we'll look forward to that this afternoon. Just a quick word on Ollie White playing for Hakka in Finland in the latest Finnish Cup game. He came off the bench on about the hour mark, got a goal in the seventy eighth, another in the eightieth and then completed as hat trick of the eighty six minute as part of a five to one win for Haka in their latest Finish Cup match. So if your coach says go on and make a difference, going on and scoring a hat trick is about as good as you can go. So well done to Ollie White for that. For Football Fever for today, there was quite a bit to talk about, Bonnie, as it too now. So look, we will reconvene again next Monday, by which time New Zealand would have played their two group games at the OFC Nations Cup. That will be more key. He's playing around the world and who knows what sort of transfer news around the Wellington Phoenix and Auckland FC will drop into our consciousness over the next seven days. Have a great week, Bonnie. We'll see you next Monday.
Speaker 4: You enjoy watching the Euro's piney, We'll see you then.
Speaker 1: Football Fever on iHeartRadio