Speaker 1: Life the Next World Be Again Studio. This is the a SEC Sports Book powered by the tab.
Speaker 2: Acc Sports Book.
Speaker 3: Thanks to the tab.
Speaker 1: And welcome back and Carlos good I, Cal, how are you getting on, Matte good Fellas?
Speaker 3: Good Man?
Speaker 4: The studio is looking flash.
Speaker 5: Yep, yeah, we got a Not only do we go on a bender, but while we went on on a bender, they rebuild our studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have to apologize for the two carcasses sitting in the studio, but the studio itself does look better and it looks incredible as the last week and a half of your life been, carl.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest, I've missed this. This is probably the highlight of my week at the end of a way. I mean, just just sitting in my little Wednesday studio, but my little room here, just talking to myself for an hour every Friday.
Speaker 2: Have you still been going through it? It's still been going through the motions.
Speaker 4: Yet to keep you got to keep form somehow.
Speaker 1: That's right up towards the end of this podcast, because it is the NRL Grand Final this weekend, I need to try and wrap my head around where we're at in the three way stakes.
Speaker 5: So wow, we've got an update on cal and I we'll discuss it with you maybe when we get to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, worrying, but I said that.
Speaker 1: As I said, the NRL Grand Final is on this weekend, no all blacks, so I think everyone's focus has turned to the NRL Granny this weekend nine to thirty pm.
Speaker 2: It's a late one.
Speaker 1: By the time they kick off, it'll be ten to be honest, but how are the punters looking at this one? Coloreds some juicy power plays on there. I've seen already the cleary or ques and their team to win. I like those ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm very excited about this game. It's going to be such a good matchup. Well it should be such a good matchup, but be a real shame it was a flop. So the punters so far sixty three percent of the money with the storm elm Storm dollar eighty seven. The Panthers are a dollar ninety eight in the head to head market. Any guesses who our worst result would be for the first trice scorer, I'll give you a tip. He's in the forward pack.
Speaker 2: Oh yol was no? Yell ya elias a cuteur.
Speaker 4: No, I'll have another tip. He's come into the lars next year.
Speaker 2: Oh James fushair hair as Wow, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: Sixty seven dollars he's paid for first try scorer. So I mentioned there's probably a couple of Seco Warriors fans is looking for for a for a go, and yeah, he's a worse result. Jerome Hughes best backed in the anytime market at three dollars thirty He scored three two heterricks in his last three starts. Oh yeah, followed by Bryan Tore and Ali Katour the most backed power play and Munster first second or third try scorer, and Ryan Peppenhausen anytime try scorer at twenty three dollars.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 1: I think if you swapped those two a round, I'd probably take a bite. I don't know about months the first or third I think that's aggressive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you reckon thus it's going to score a try if he walks on the field, right.
Speaker 3: I think we've had two nine hundred dollar bet on the Storm at two dollars ninety a three and a half thousand dollars bet on the Panthers at two dollars. Had a two thousand dollar bet on the Storm at a dollar ninety two.
Speaker 1: It's good that it's pretty even, you know, for the Grand Final this year, it's very very even. I would say at the start of the season, if you told me these were going to be the two finalists, that I would have put the house on the Panthers. But just the way these last few weeks have shaken out, as as you said, the Storm, the ependulum is swinging up and like we looked at yesterday and Lane you were saying, Oh, the Panthers must be the favorites, and you were shocked to find out they weren't.
Speaker 2: I just presumed they were. Yeah, but they're not interesting four p B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you said, punters struggling to split them as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, can we put out can you put your balls on the line? Who are you gonna who're tipping?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll go the Panthers.
Speaker 1: I just think, and it's going to be a stupid thing to say, because the Melbourne Storm have won so many camps as well. I just feel like the championship pedigree with that Panthers team, unless Cleary goes out there and blows his shoulder in the first five or ten minutes, I think they're going to eke it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I said yesterday, I just presumed they were favorites, so they're going to take it out. Interesting with these two teams, are they anyone's second favorite team?
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of key with who Melbourne is their second favorite team? Really, Yeah, I don't really know why Melbourne and the Raiders seem to be the two.
Speaker 2: I think that because I.
Speaker 3: Was thinking about this in the shower this morning, because I often do think about gambling in the shower. Yeah, Melbourn's Storm. I remember watching the two thousand and six Grand Final against the Broncos Melbourne Storm Broncos, and I hated the Storm, absolutely hate it.
Speaker 4: But I quite like them now, like their their spine is. They're all likable guys.
Speaker 3: They're all a couple of kiwis, Like it's just kind of goes swings and roundabouts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've always had a lot of keywis in that Melbourne Storm team. I think that's why I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't go them, to be honest, no can I. I don't know what it is about them that pisses me up. The salary cap bridges.
Speaker 2: I think it's just the ped degree as well, it's same with the Panthers. That's why I can't stand it.
Speaker 5: They've been winning too much, which you know, it's like it's like you can't support the Auckland and PC team of the eighties and early nineties because they won everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of the Yeah, I know, I don't. I feel like with the Panthers has been a bit more organic. You know, all those boys played for the Panthers junior clubs, the Melbourne Storm, and half of them were playing in Wellington a few years ago.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what so this is the panthers fifth Grande Fine on a row. Yeah, they go for their third title in a row. But in the last twelve years Melbourne have also won three titles. So whoever gets this will be the first that in that period four titles in the last twelve years.
Speaker 4: It's just pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: What about you, Carl, What are you learning? You Panthers?
Speaker 4: I'm all over this and I'm all over the Storm here.
Speaker 3: Yeah right. I feel like the way their spines clipped in the last few weeks and kind of culminated in that game last week against the Roosters, I just got of seen something that they offer a bit more an attack than the Panthers do, and they're going to need that to get through the Panthers defense. But I like the storm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want that either, But yeah, that is the biggest thing happening this week here in the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Long way to go until the Grand Final.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've speaking of punting. I know you talk about You've talked about people kind of where they put their money. I've gone onto the Grand Finals. I don't I've got no interest in either team. I'm ambivalent towards both teams.
Speaker 2: Got no favorites.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's maybe it's Penrith because of Clear being born in New Zealand and Ivan Clear and all that carry on. But I've gone into the same game Maltese and just gone into the favorites and I've just gone down there and I've just sprinkled five dollars on some of these Maltis and they're paying.
Speaker 2: Some of them are paying sixty two dollars.
Speaker 5: Another one hears about seventy dollars, another seventy five. And it's around like Brian to or anytime Nathan clearly more than four points, Nick many more than four points. Poppenhausen anytime under forty and a half. Will Warbrick anytime try to score a paining seventy five bucks.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm just going I'm just going along as good. I need to make this game interesting for myself, so I'm just going along and just with it. I'm just saltbaying all of the favorites.
Speaker 2: I don't need your little bingo shit in front of you and you watch it.
Speaker 5: The best thing about it is on the app at ticks as it happens, so I'm like, oh shit, I'm in with this one.
Speaker 3: I've got about four hundred grand Final related stats for later on the piece, and they all revolve around betting, so you might find something in there.
Speaker 2: I've still got money on my account, so it has paid. I'm due to reinvest. Moving on the UFC is on this weekend as well.
Speaker 1: UFC three oh seven Alex Pereira versus Khalil Roundtree is the headline of that main card. Khalil Roundtree is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC because his fighting style is basically street fight.
Speaker 2: He it looks like he he looks like he's outside of nightclub in Hamilton. Right.
Speaker 1: Is the way he fights. There is no technique for anybody that you know. There's always this argument about UFC. Is it a sport or is it just like cage fighting in their undies? You know, there's some dudes like Israel and Sonya. He's an argument for it being a sport. Khalil Roundtree is an argument for it not being a sport.
Speaker 2: And he is just a brute. Yeah, he is a brute.
Speaker 1: It's like it's everything that people who don't like UFC would point to and be like, this is why it's not a sport, and that's why I love him.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I don't know what way the punds going here.
Speaker 1: Cal.
Speaker 2: I was having a look this morning.
Speaker 1: Is there a way you bit on like the double chance where you don't know who, but someone's getting knocked out? That must be an option either man by ko because I want to put that house on that.
Speaker 4: It's it's not an option I can see, but it should be an option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's happened. It'll be paying a dollar oh one, someone's getting double.
Speaker 2: Double Ko.
Speaker 3: I don't mean the double either either, k Yeah, I thought we're talking at the same time.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying option too. I'm saying, I don't know who, but someone's going to sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and the head to head market seventy percent of the money, with Alex Pernetta at a dollar twenty caliver, round Tree at four or sixty, and the myths it's we're kind of all over the show here. And the method of victory round Tree by KO is the most back which is a thousand different options, so is at six six dollars.
Speaker 5: But the.
Speaker 4: Worst result for US is panera by submission. It's seventeen dollars.
Speaker 3: And the method slash round combo round tree by Ko TKO in the second round is the worst result. However, Panera by KO or t K in round two is the best backed.
Speaker 1: Right, I would say it is possible for a UFC fighter to submit to punches, so that would be the only way I could say submission out of this fight.
Speaker 2: Did you know if you scream, that's considered a tap out?
Speaker 3: So can you tap out?
Speaker 5: Well, because I have only ever seen a tap out during submission on the on the on the turf, Yeah, yeah you can.
Speaker 2: So you get a punch to the face and just what do you do. It's more like when.
Speaker 1: You're getting round and pounded. Sometimes you pitting me in the face. You can tap them where you can tap yourself. Also, a scream of tira is considered a submission like that would be me favored at UFC. I'd go touch gloves.
Speaker 2: Jelen has tapped out without a punch thrown in.
Speaker 3: The masky, especially against someone like Alex Pata. He looks like one scary mf oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, anything else people are jumping on there.
Speaker 1: I think most people are beyond prayer by Ko having seen what he did is and so many others.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand dollars bit on panta head to head and a dog twenty and then a two hundred and fifty dollars bit on round tree of four dollars sixty. But those are the kind of the two biggest bits which said ten thousand yeah and a dollar twenty Yeah. Now I'm terrible at math. What are we talking that?
Speaker 2: You're going to make two grand just over twelve hundred?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Is it worth it? I don't know, I don't I don't know if i'd be doing that.
Speaker 4: Just give the old heart rate monitor on that person, yeah.
Speaker 2: God ship, way to lose grand? Yeah, two grand?
Speaker 3: I don't know, pacing, the pacing, the lounge, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeeah, full noise, anything else around the three or seven traps. I can't imagine too many people are dabbling in the undercard A sorry, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Say, seventy five percent of the money on Paynia over Pennington and the Comaine, and there's one thousand dollars bet on Paynia head to hit it two dollars fifty.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I see old jose Eldos on there as well. It should be a good card. Actually, now that I look at it, mind, ouldn't mind round Tree at six dollars.
Speaker 1: Like I said, love the way fights and when you're when you're dealing with two dudes who can knock anyone out, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: It's worth a sprinkle.
Speaker 1: It's also one of the most fun bets and sports to win a knockout bet, because when it happens, it's already like oh shit.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, wait, I've just financially benefited from this.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to talk us into it or convince yourself to take it on drugs? It sounds like you you're already there.
Speaker 2: I've convinced myself yet one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: What about the National Football League That one is getting underway, And as we've said on this podcast a couple of times, it feels like people in New Zealand really getting them behind the NFL this season and last year as well.
Speaker 3: Yeap, yeah, what have we got Bucks Falcons this afternoon? Sixty percent of the money on the Bucks. First touchdown scorer Bacon Mayfield is our worst result, followed by at thirty four dollars, followed by Bucky Irving at nine to seventy five anytime. Drake London is the best back to two ninety five, followed by Chris Goodwin and Mike Evans. Chris Goodwill had yeah.
Speaker 1: Former producer for The Man Jerry Show, Godwin, Sorry, Oh, it's gonna say bang bang good ones out there at that catch catch in TDS it I was wondering where we went after the metten Jerry Show, Tampa Bay, was it.
Speaker 4: We've got three three reasonable bets on this game.
Speaker 3: There's a fifteen hundred dollar bet on the Falcons minus zero point five in the first half out a dollar ninety two, so Falcons to be up by one or more. Yep, there is a thousand dollar bet on the Bucks minus seven and a half at four forty and there is a one thousand, three hundred and eighty eight dollars and eighty nine cent bet on the over total points, which is forty four at a dollar ninety.
Speaker 2: That bet screams to me they've just hit something and they're doubling down. Oh it's an accounting dear. What kind of account do you have where you will you get down to thirteen hundred dollars? You're like, oh, fuck it, this is spangt.
Speaker 1: You What would you have had to have before then for thirteen hundred dollars to be your account emptier?
Speaker 4: It's like, I know, now we've got a syndicate and I always like to be on on round numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm saying, yeah, so maybe it's something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of money to get to a round number.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we don't know how much they're playing with, you know, it's all exactly how much good? So anything else for the National Football League or is it basically.
Speaker 3: The Vikings Jets on Monday morning and London eighty six and half percent of the money on the Vikings Early support for Jordan Addison and Alan Laizard in the first touchdown market.
Speaker 4: Winning margin. The worst result for US as Vikings by fourteen or more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might say if I can get on finn Caddy first touchdown scorer for that one as well. You sent through something about the Mega Millions. You want to test our test what we've learned over these last few weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So for punters don't know, we run a competition, and we're running a competition for the Everest which is on October nineteen. It's called the Mega Millions. And what you've got to do is select there's twelve runners in the race. You've got to select them in the perfect order, one through twelve. If you do that, you win a share of ten million dollars. If you're the only person to do that, you will win ten million dollars. Some some bloke won it last year ESZ Odds odds of four hundred and something million to one.
Speaker 2: So you're paying the unders really with ten million. Though if it's four hundred million to one.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not for me to comment on. Mike.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. That's a very good point. Shouldn't there be a part of four hundred million dollars?
Speaker 3: Someone may have to fact check those out, but it's a stupid like that.
Speaker 5: So all twelve runners with through ninety short here and I looked into this, and I talked to a few mates at the pub the other day and I was like, there's ten million bucks up for grabs. You just got to pick the order, and they're like, let's just work out an algorithm where we pick every single one. I'm like, I think he's a small little catch and it's like one account holder, one guess, so we can't start up four hundred million accounts.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, it's like when that guy on Mega Mind went missing and they were offering a reward for finding her, and I was going to try train an AI model to take a thousand guesses at where he was and send them all into the cops try and claim the reward.
Speaker 2: America over Mega Mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Generally, generally there's safeguards in place. So yeah, so there's no there's no hack here, is there. You're just going to try and pick it.
Speaker 3: That's correct. Yeah, So it opens in twelve days. I think when the barrier draws done for the Everest midweek and that and that we're leaning up to the race that opens and you can get your picks, and you can you can pick the one twig yourself, or you can do a random generator and will do for you.
Speaker 5: Surely you'd get Surely, I mean, I'm I'm not experent here, but you would get the top four or five favorites when you and then just have a go at that top five and then do random generator for the remaining.
Speaker 2: Six or seven. Wouldn't you?
Speaker 5: Is that you wouldn't You wouldn't just go for total random generator because then you have a rank outsider coming first. But yeah, I mean, I don't know, does it shorten your chances if you're putting the favorites in the first five.
Speaker 1: I'd be inclined to just go chalk, just go odds from lowest highest as it's rudden.
Speaker 4: It wasn't far from memory, It wasn't far off that last year.
Speaker 3: There was kind of one or two or three in the middle and the sort of sort of two to six range, and then the rest of it was kind of ass.
Speaker 1: Because like what you're saying, look, you'd try and look up like who's done the most research into this? I would say the tab has done the most researcher and they will tell you who they think is going to win, so I'll go with them.
Speaker 5: So it's because I was like, oh, yeah, this is then of a chance here ten million. I've only got to get twelve horses right in a row. And then I thought back, as I can't even pick fucking one horse like in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: So it's like I've got no chance of twelve in a row.
Speaker 5: And then I got a I got a Cornelle yesterday and I celebrated like I was, I'd run the Mega millions, but.
Speaker 2: I've got to get ten more yeah to do that. But I'm hold on, I'm in a training exercise for us, Carl.
Speaker 3: I think we should I think we'll cram. We've got three weeks, okay, two weeks plus every week, let's do a little cram session. I found a race on Saturday. I think it is totally a race one. Yeah, there's five runners on this race. Okay, I thought we could put ours together. We could we can do it individually, or we can do it as a team. Yeah, and let's check back next week to see if we can get five. Okay, then say next week we'll go to eight or nine, and then twelve.
Speaker 5: It's a great call, but can we I'm looking at Manaia and I don't trust him. You don't trust him, no, because if he doesn't write it down, give it to someone, or actually place the bet, he's going to come back next week and go ma I.
Speaker 2: Picked two, five, seven, three and four.
Speaker 3: I got it right.
Speaker 2: That's your problem. So I think we need to maybe Adam, we need to give our picks to Adam, or we actually just bet on it. I think we do this all together in the interest of simplicity, so it's easy to keep tracks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, small, small update. I've just refreshed the race and we're down to four runners.
Speaker 2: Who's gone, who's out?
Speaker 4: Russian Blues has been scratched.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we know that ip Bossom is going to win.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: On a deer to plus year, and then I'm going.
Speaker 3: Think it's to be I think it's got to be the one Vegas lucky.
Speaker 2: And then I'm going to go with the jockey with Narah John Palmer on board, which means Luminance is coming last year. So I'm going I concur one two three four, so we're going two one four three three.
Speaker 3: So basically we'll flipped the favorite and then we're in order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is and that's straight off the back of We recognize Opie Boston's name, correct, and not Vannie Colgan.
Speaker 2: No, I hate Vanny Colgan and I liked him. I can't got. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, it's just the name Vinnie. You know, just call yourself Vincent.
Speaker 3: It's very nice. Runners. Surely, surely we can do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, Well that's a good that's a good training exercise. Actually so, and then doesn't put us in good stead if we miss a four. Yeah, and then we're going to jump up to twelve. But well, we'll work our way up. Maybe we'll go fire.
Speaker 2: Runners next week.
Speaker 3: We should absolutely put a same race multi on us too.
Speaker 5: Yes, hey, speaking to which Carl the Everest coming up. I wish I wish I wish we could win. I wish I would win, wish I could.
Speaker 3: I wish I went.
Speaker 2: I wish I went with the big horse last year. Wasn't it in the years who we got this year?
Speaker 3: I wish our win is running it back for us, going back back for more. Yep, so he ran in the Manicato Group by Manicato Steaks last Friday at Mooney Valley. Yep, flew home for third. I think hit the line very strong. So everyone seems very happy with how I wish I win is tracking for the Everest in a.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks, and that the only Kiwi horse in the Everest.
Speaker 3: There is another one running out of the Chris Wallace stable called Jolly Starr Julie Starr.
Speaker 2: All right, well we will, we'll keep tabs on that over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: But we've got our we've got our training underway for the Mega millions. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back with grab a pen.
Speaker 2: Pause the podcast now and grab a pen for the hottest tips from around the tab office.
Speaker 1: This is your chance to get a tip from the tipsters at the tab. Carl has had his ears to the train tracks. Have people been saying around the office this week?
Speaker 3: Just real quickly, two weeks ago people won't remember, but we had two thirds, a winner, a fifth and a sixth. Ain't that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This week our harness guy who who won a couple of weeks ago, he's gone to meth find on Sunday, Race three, Rock and Roll Down. I haven't got a price yet. The price is about soon. And he gave me a blub about the runner, but all I saw was the driver and trainer. It's called Bob Butt and Bob but is in fine form.
Speaker 1: Bob but Bob but Bob But's running at med find this this harness sicko that you've got down there, who is probably living somewhere around the mid Canibury area and just just loves the hobbyist, doesn't he he's from a tago Yeah right, but yeah, anytime you've got as a myth specialist though, isn't he he's a specialists methins. Yeah, it does a lot, a lot of powerful work around the myth, a lot of powerful work around the around the butt.
Speaker 2: This week, shout out to Bob out Bob all.
Speaker 3: Right, I've got a fee here total and Race three tomorrow number fourteen mayaka Bell three ninety and a dollar forty hardware to Race nine number eight Herbert six fifty and two forty five. Oh Jessey, you love this one.
Speaker 4: Flemington Race one number five Moby.
Speaker 2: Dick, Yeah, I'm on it.
Speaker 4: Turtle's fifteen sixty already.
Speaker 1: I can already see right now I'm probably going dick into butt, and that's probably how I'm playing it this week.
Speaker 2: Grow up, just a little two legger, dick into butt and we're away, I think. But we may have more on a know.
Speaker 7: Next horse bulls deep out of I'm going let me, I'm going full day shaking the bat.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I can be a part of that. It's too late.
Speaker 2: We've lost that shirt.
Speaker 3: Blimington Race three, number four, Lavilia eight dollars and two dollars fifty. There was a Flimting Race three, Flimington Race four, Dick clicky boulevard. Excuse me, the clickie.
Speaker 2: Dick licky into bat?
Speaker 6: Clear you're going to open with dick clicky then you go click? Is that how you're playing always, always, every Friday night into me? You would not, you wouldn't want to do it the other way round.
Speaker 3: I should have thought this through the clicking boulevard thirty dollar twenty four and ran Race seven Bellona Bettina to ninety and a dollar twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 5: That the good news forever one and myself included. As I broke down the first one harness smith Bean raised three rock and roll don I lost track of all the rest of it and makes the dick chat. But luckily for you, we're going to put it up on the Instagram stories for the grab a pen well in time for you to follow that in yeah so and me included yeah on.
Speaker 1: Hopefully no one that gives you these tips listens to this podcast. It might be the last lot of tips that they ever get. The Harness does He'll come back though I know who he is. He'll come back.
Speaker 2: He'll brilliant. Thank you very much for one of the more entertaining rounds of grain. And now it's time for stats to impress the ladies.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, As I said, I've got a lot of Grand Final stuff here. I'm going to start with some try score of stuff. So in the last decade there's been fifty six tries in the Grand Final, forty two of those scored by the backs by Ford's and two by the bench players. Ooh, only two edge back rowers have scored a try in the Grand Final last decade? Really, one lock and three hookers is that it? In the last ten years, two of those.
Speaker 4: Hookers have been first try scorer, though, oh, props.
Speaker 3: Have scored six. And then in the backs we've got wingers, we've got fourteen centers, have got thirteen six each for the full back, and five eighths and three for the half back. Nathan Cleary has two of those three half back tries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the I mean, we've That's how that was our hunch, our gender hunch, wasn't it was Cleary to score Panthers to win six to twenty Yeah, six to twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah boasted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice first try scorer. It's been five wingers, three centers and two hookers. Last try scorer. Four wingers, two half backs, two full backs.
Speaker 1: Again clear he would have been that one of those last try scorers, probably two of.
Speaker 3: Them and a center has scored a try and nine of the last ten Grand finals. Okay, a couple of stats here around the henh. So they've split the last sixteen games eight inch between these two Penrith are seven and one against the spread and the finals over the last three years.
Speaker 4: So they are I think they're one and a half point outsider the moment.
Speaker 2: So they're going to win. That's good will draw.
Speaker 3: We'll lose by one. They have only led in more than two points in one of the last ten finals games the Panthers. They are twenty one and eleven against the spread against top four teams in their last thirty two games and nine and three against the spread starting at a dollar eighty or longer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's all leading Panthers is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: Wow, teams, So this is this is where the Storm come into a Teams are off scoring forty eight or more cover the spread at sixty four percent in the last four years, the Storm are nineteen and nine against the spread after scoring thirty six or more, and the Storm are twenty four and twelve against the spread off winning thirteen plus. So they've got a very good Basically, when they're hot, they run hot and they can back it up. So I don't know, basically, pick aside and side with some stats and go from there.
Speaker 1: That was basically like the presidential debate. It just confirmed the candidate I already wanted.
Speaker 2: To vote for.
Speaker 3: Basically, the bookies are pretty good at their job, and yeah, they've got.
Speaker 2: It right, Yeah, brilliant. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think it's just confirmed all of the things I think are going to happen. Will Warbrook keeps sticking out of my head, his first try scorer.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Just because he lived, because he led the hacker at the Dali M's on Wednesday. That's probably the only reason. But that's as good a reason as any for the three way now, I think. So we had a Cicco go back, and his name is Muddy here he worth from Flavor, go back and count up where we're at. What's at stake? As around the golf the loser has to carry the bags. I believe I was charging back up the ladder, I think. Did I finish before we went overseas? It was one behind you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were, Yeah, And but we said we were going to do it until the end of the NRL season. Yes, and then we had a golf tournament scheduled for November.
Speaker 2: This was the news.
Speaker 5: We wanted to tell you that that golf tournament has been put off till January. Oh so does that mean that potentially with the three way, do we extend it to the end of the calendar year before we decide who carries It also gives us a chance to haul down Carl as well, who's got a massive lead on us. Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: Actually, I've got the most of game board.
Speaker 5: And you know the worst part of it is that the of course we're on is absolute goat track this tournament' sign, So carrying the bags for that one is going to be brutal, but it allows us to carry the three.
Speaker 2: One a bit a bit longer. So an agreement with that. Just mute Carl's mike, just and yep, we're an agreement.
Speaker 3: In the spirit of punting.
Speaker 2: All right. So you're one behind me. Carl's about four ahead. I think maybe five ahead of us. I don't know if it was quite that much.
Speaker 3: I feel like I had a winner last one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got a bit fruity on it and came through. I'll start. I'll start this week's three way if you want.
Speaker 5: I'm delving into the NPC and I looked at these odds and I thought it was a good eating. It's it's Auckland versus Bay of Plenty. Bay are plenty of the favorites. But they're playing at Auckland Grammar. The Auckland MPC team have gone back grass roots. They're playing at Grammar. It's going to be a festival of rugby. I think it's going to be an amazing crowd. I think Auckland are going to step up and they're paying two fifty your head on that, So I'm going Auckland over Bay a plenty at Grammar.
Speaker 2: I'll add that to the bed slip. Two fifty juicy.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't be venturing that far away from the dollar aidy minimum with this on the line.
Speaker 2: I see, but totally in January. Now, are you going to go back to the South can every well? Are you your big massive puss? I may do, Carl, what are you looking at?
Speaker 3: I am very born here as I am every week. I really want to take Jack Howarth to score and for the storm, but I'll take our man, maybe Dick when at two dollars fifteen it's Flemington Race one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to try the search function here. Flemington Race one. Maybe Dick on the tip dollar hang on, stop it.
Speaker 3: Two dollars fifteen, two.
Speaker 2: Dollars fifteen, Yes, yep, we're going to add that to the bed slip.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And at the stage when I is searching odds half for a.
Speaker 1: Dollar championship, South Canterbury playing West Coast, good god, this is going to be an absolute bloodbath. The lines at a dollar eighty So sorry, it's it twenty four and a half. I want to go South Canterbary minus twenty four and a half against West Coast at a dollar eighty two. And look, it's not about filling the kiddy here. This is just about winning, all right. So I'm going to I'm standing very close to that minimum there. We put that together into a multi. It's nine dollars seventy eight, so we're paying nine hundred and seventy eight bucks back and I'll put that on right now so we can keep track of that throughout.
Speaker 2: The weekend if anyone else has got anything else otherwise. No, And he's got a table booked at Prago. Very weak class, very grassroots, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was his last show today car at the Hiddacky Breakfast.
Speaker 5: So it's been a very and we're in the same kind of sere, in the same office, and it's just a distinct smell of Margarita's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Very nice, very nice. Hey, just quickly before we go, I need to mention last Saturday, some person had a five hundred dollars four leg multi.
Speaker 4: That returned one hundred and six thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Shit. Yeah, this is what keeps us pundum. What was that on there?
Speaker 3: It was four four different races, races one through fort Rickedon. Yeah, they had a top three at two seventy, a three dollars fifty winner, a dollar fifty winner, and a fifteen dollar winner.
Speaker 2: It was at the last race.
Speaker 3: That was the last one.
Speaker 2: That's a hard stop of that one.
Speaker 5: Imagine the celebrations. I hope that punter was at the race where it happened. I hope he was in Rickadon, the name of the horse too much.
Speaker 2: It's written in the star, and the star is brilliant. That's enough to keep me on the hook.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the one drive off the aighteenth t that'll keep me coming back next week. Thanks very much, Carl, Enjoy your weekend, enjoy the Grand Final, and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Cheers boys, go b Cheers back the ACC Sports thanks to the TAB