Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the thirtieth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next sport a Culture.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Lane, morning, How better, better, better better than you today than yesterday?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: How's your headphone set up? Just the same as yesterday as it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's all are we going to get into the weeds of Edmund Radio Edmund?
Speaker 1: Our cables have been cooked for quite a while. Lane, can't really hear.
Speaker 3: It goes in and out, which is actually quite good sometimes when you're grabbing on.
Speaker 1: So yesterday we'd down the rock shop to buy a new Mike stand and some cables, and I went in there and the guy goes, do you have a picture of the stuff that you're trying to replace? So now I don't have a picture, but I could pull up like a video and pause it because we post so many videos of us dolling this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, please tell me.
Speaker 1: So I pulled up the video and I went to pause, but I accidentally paused it on me instead of you. Yeah, and then I scrubbed forward a picture of you, and he goes, was that Paksasati? Literally I'm standing in front of him. He's just seen a video of me, and he goes, does that packs so Sarti? I love how many people you get compared to that are not you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look Shamus from between two beers. Obviously he's as a one that's kept quite a lot. At the pub.
Speaker 1: The other day a woman said that I looked like a Kyrie.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and yeah PlayStation one where someone.
Speaker 1: Else has said that I look like a funhouse mirror of James Tamo the NL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, the Funhouse vision. They were not They don't sound like they're all compliments. No they're not.
Speaker 1: No, they always go because they always then back it up by then like trying to soften it a little bit. Yeah, but no, like like in a good way. I thought I thought you did mean in a good way.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: No, like in a good way. So yeah, shout up to that member of the Rocks shop. Here's a massive John on beinfan because he because then he goes, oh so because I put it on the ends of me account. Because do you work in bit do you know Jonavan Ben So.
Speaker 3: Do I imagine everyone who works in a rock shop as like the guy who owns the cartoon store in the Simpsons. Yeah, you're right, you're right. Okay, good, that's right, Good, Okay, I'm glad that assumption is correct.
Speaker 1: Nothing makes you feel and this isn't I just mean like, I don't mean the brand of the rock shop, I just music sowes in general. Yeah, like you feel so unwelcome when you walk in there and you're like, I'd like some guitar strings please. What kind of guitar strings do you want? I was like, are they're different ones? I don't know, I just get the normal ones. Well you don't want those, mate, those are the wrong ones for the kind of guitar You go like, fuck, I don't know. So now everyone's just bunch it online, which is what I've done. So don't worry. There is a new cabay. There is a new cable coming.
Speaker 3: You're I was worried, sick. I know.
Speaker 1: Social media is a flame with the latest debate that we've introduced on this here podcast, and it is the greatest.
Speaker 3: New Zealander of all times.
Speaker 1: Came up last week off the back of the Olympics. Who is the greatest New Zealander of all time? There have been undreds and hundreds of comments across Facebook, Instagram and far right social media threads that were on I've got to meet a couple from yesterday.
Speaker 3: I got fact checked a number of times yesterday around Constable Keith. Did you what Yeah, no relation to Meghan Keith, but Constable Keith did work at Newstalk ZB and christ Church. He had a Sunday morning show yes right, christ Church. But his first name was Keith's first name is Keith.
Speaker 1: This is what I was sure yesterday. I was like, surely they called him Constable Keith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the community liaison for Canterbury. He's got his break on What Now. He was always on what Now because that was based down there out of white Bait Studios with Jason Gunn. So that's three. He got his big break. Constable Keith and his cocaine riddle dog sniff How do you train a.
Speaker 1: Cocaine sniffing dog pretty easily? Yeah, So the messages have come through thick and fast. Sir Peter Jackson would have to be in the mix. Sam Neil and Smith, John Walker, Jason Gunn, Richard McCaw has gotten a lot. Cooper the first New Zealander, Susicado, David Longie, the Wizard, Constable Keith, the Beast of.
Speaker 3: Blenheim, you can company. He's not a great New Zealander. I think he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think we need to stay clear of those sorts of things.
Speaker 3: I mean, convicted criminals. We may just have to just put sentim through to the keeper. You can't have Mark Lundy in there.
Speaker 1: No, although Lundy v. Baine would be a great showdown.
Speaker 3: Oh you just the bread the bracket and just having it there for the brackets. It would cause controversy because I mean, the word great New Zealander is bandied around a lot and you can't throw it at a couple of mass murderers, no, and let alone a rapist. I think they also need to be New Zealanders. Yep.
Speaker 1: I think Shane WARN's gotten a lot of love for one of the greatest News Islanders of all time.
Speaker 3: He's so in Australian. That's why he's, you know, so likable, But he isn't. He's the most Australian Australian.
Speaker 1: All the Frosteds that would probably big the different, but yeah, I think they have to be from New Zealand, which actually ironically rules out Cooper because he's not from because he found New Zealand. Probably rules out Maui as well, I guess. But yeah, great New Zealander, Diainwoods and a few that's good. This is better, this is better. I'm just just distant, singing myself from the Criminal Criminal Arment, Sarah Almer. John Sweetman his message now now. John Sweetman is the guy that does the infomercials. You'll know his voice is the wait, there's more good Wait the tv O too is now four exactly. He commented a bunch of names, and I really wanted him to reply to his own message and be like, but wait there's more, and then seim through a bunch more. But unfortunately he didn't.
Speaker 3: But you did it in your head. They didn't you? Oh God?
Speaker 1: Halfway through his list and his list is the Mad Butcher, Billy T, James, Barry Krumped, Hillary, Peter Jackson, Richiard mcause, Simon Mannering, Benji Marshall, Shawan Johnson, Matt Watson.
Speaker 3: You should have said, but wait this.
Speaker 1: P Walker, Oh so you mean besides Neil Wagner right in that case, Troy fleavel Roger to check and the Mad Butcher. So yeah, keep sending those through a lot of sports people, a lot of sports people that it's the Olympics going on. This is how it came up in the first instance. But we've noticed a vacancy on a banknote as well this morning, for whoever wins the Greatest New Zealander of all time. The twenty dollars note at this stage just has an unregistered hawk that they do not have a permit for.
Speaker 3: And on the other side it is the Queen oh Queenie wrestom power. Is she going to get replaced by old trophy hit, Well, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Instead of that, we should replace it, replace her with someone that means something to us, A great New Zealander, in fact, the greatest New Zealander, the People's Champion, the People's champ. Because we're gonna have to replace her at some point, why not replace her with the People's champion and fit ends up being the nick Minute, Then.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the twenty dollar note at the moment Kate Shephard on the ten dollar note, yep, and obviously the Queen got on the fifty and then straight Rutherford's on the HOUNDI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you've got syriads on the fives, on the five, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's a vacancy and I think we need.
Speaker 3: To fill it. There's also magic mushrooms on the fetty. Have you seen.
Speaker 1: That's that's up there with the little triangle on the American dollar. Yeah, it's a real easter egg. Yeah, Gray about fetty. You just have a close look at that fetty and just notice a few Our country has founded on psilocybin. I've always said that it's the stone date theory. We came down from the tree, started eating mushrooms and learned how to talk. That's the only way you can explain the expansion of the prefrontal cortex in our brain. But besides that, I think we need to make sure that we get a great New Zealander on the twenty dollar.
Speaker 4: Note.
Speaker 1: Have you been watching the Olympics? Did you get into anything last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I've had with my kids to thinking they're watching live sport. I mean I've got no idea at the time difference, so I've actually hoodwink them and they want to watch mountain biking, and I saw it was just about over an hour and a half of just watching people go around in circles on dirt track and a lot of Jeopardy because I saw a few people bowl on the logs and stuff. So I just went back to the start and went play from start and they said, does this happening right now? I'm like, oh, yeah, yeah, right there over in France, yeap, And they watched the whole lot, right. Was it the men's race? It was quite a finish now it was the women's race, but that was dominated by the French lady. Yeah, she just took off after about three laps and just hung on. She was all over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the men's race, they were like, oh, there's massive controversy and then you go and watch it. And basically they had to split either side of a tree. When they came back together, the guy sort of tail whipped his opponent a little.
Speaker 3: Bit and then just took off. It was game over from there.
Speaker 1: Everyone bowed him when he crossed the was that pet cock yeah, pitcock headcock?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Because he he features quite heavily in the Tour de France docco oh really yeah, because he's now races in the Tour de France and he's an absolute madman down hell yeah, everyone steers clear fromhim. Then when he goes to downhill parts of the sort of France because you do the Superman. Yeah no, he just goes tucks down and just goes health leather. Yeah and yeah. But yeah, he's fairly controversial in the in the old Tour de France. Doc check it out. But Pitt cocks in the air. So there's a bit of track record there. I was wondering.
Speaker 1: I was like, surely he's not the only person in this race to have tailwhipped the competitor.
Speaker 3: Also, it's in France and Tour de France. He caused a few bit of ruckets in the Tour de France as well, so they would have known who he was. He's amongst all the other mountain boat riders, he is easily the most famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he went over to an incredible amount of booze. I was like, God, that would suck to finally win the gold and you're chosen sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so French to booth the moment. I mean it happens here. Everyone gets its national shame. You remember when those Aussie fans in the World Cup got some ships thrown at them and all of a sudden it was a national shame. It's like, have you into Australia and tried to support New Zealand. Yeah, they did the same. Fuck yes, we got a police escort out of one ground because they were going to beat the shit out of us. There was no national shame there. They was like fuck it. I was I I yeah, but over here, one little boo, have some respect. Get fucked.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: They need to sit there and shut up. It's not too hard to hoodwink me into watching a replay. I've done it many times throughout this Olympics already. I've just sat there and going, eh, oh, fuck, hold on, this is a replay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last night, though live, I was watching our equestrian team and their search for gold. They ended up finishing eighth, but show jumping. I was getting really into the show jumping, and I did that thing that we all do at the Olympics where you become an expert in it. And within five minutes of watching it because my missus went in to have a shower and I was watching it in bed, and then by the time she got out. I was like, see what they're trying to do here is when they hit the trible, they want to make sure that the strides are right now. If it's a smaller horse, you can put the extra stride in there, but that's just going to take a bit off your speed, and you need to finish it in eighty seconds. So for every second you go over, you're going to incur penalty. I don't mind taking a couple of punity points for time as long as you're not dropping poles. Did you get late?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Good? No, Yeah, that wasn't my I wasn't like, you know, his his his. I was wondering because I already could have gone either way. His Monday Night's move could have gone either way. I was first I was gonna ask to has she left you? That's what That was my other one. But then I thought maybe, man, maybe it worked. That wasn't my ploy.
Speaker 1: I wasn't like, you know, it's going to get her in the mood punishing equestrian administration.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know, I don't look, I don't know your missus that wells. Wow, I'll try anything these days, I try. I'll throw a lot of mut at the wall. But yeah, no, so I watched all of that.
Speaker 4: There was.
Speaker 1: It's good getting into these obscure sports, not the equestrians to obscure a sport from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not obscure. But you don't even watch it once every four years obscure to me, once every four years. You're into it. That that that's obscure enough. That's all right.
Speaker 4: There was.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately for our team they finished eighth in the end, and the main reason was a girl, Janelle Price, hit the jump yesterday and so they basically knocked them out. A lot of teams were in that same situation. They come into the show jumping. It's like you're already cooked because you because you crashed. It's a Japanese Chinese gentleman who he skidded his horse over east today as well. So the team was done. But just as a show of like hey, just so you guys know, I'm mean, he aced the whole thing, didn't drop a single post fastest quite like fastest time.
Speaker 3: As well for the team around. But the team were already knocked out. But it was just a matter of pride for him and does he but did it in equestrian does the individuals go at the same time as the team.
Speaker 1: I couldn't figure that part out, okay, because there were yeah, there were individual points and then there was like the team points. I don't know our team finished eighth, okay, despite I think Tim Price is like sixth. I really don't know how that works. It is impressive they watching those horses go around, and impressive that they fly them over to the other will ship them. I don't know how they get a horse to the other side of the fly you know, you know, you don't stick them. It's not spending six months on.
Speaker 3: A boat and then you stick him on a special little business class Emirates flight. I think yeah, right, because they were like, it's obviously very hard to deal with the time difference for that both the athlete but also the horse. And I was like, that's a good point. How do you train the horse? It's just like, go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I am all out of work. Heah, yeah, It's like I've talked about. My missus works with the rhinocero and daylight savings. Every year when the clocks jump forward, because the rhinos are used to getting up at the same time once a year, she scares the pass out of these rhinos by coming into the enclosure and our really, what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Lights are on right, fellas were up. I can only imagine how hard it be for a horse. Yeah, they don't care to they they don't care what time it is the horse. The rhinos around daylight savings you're not hanging out for it doesn't mean anything. You can drink beers to eight o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: Scares the absolute but Jesus out of them. But yeah, horse racing was what I got into last night. I tried to stay up for our rowing, but I ended up falling asleep. How's the medal tally looking? We'll get into the middle, Telly. How's this for a tease. We're gonna take a quick break and when we come back, I'm gonna update you with the medal tally. But just before we do the snack changey Sports Scholarship. If you want to win that text chip to three two three six. You could be eating chips and beard while your missus in the shower and you're watching a questrian yep and crumbs all three sheets. So if you want that text chip to three two three six to win the Snacker Changy Sports Scholarship will be right back. Quick update on the meddle tally for New Zealand Lane. As of yesterday we had no medals, and I'm very happy to report that as of this morning, we still don't have any medals, unfortunately, but that's because we're not into the finals of any of the major medal contention that the Sitting Down ones. So our sailing's still gone around our forty nine er boys in the lead.
Speaker 3: There's two of them on that one.
Speaker 1: The Blackburn sevens are into the semis against the US, so they're almost I wouldn't say guaranteed. I don't want to curse it, but they're a good chance for metal because if they weren't that then they've at least got bronze. But they're looking gert. They absolutely humped China, who forgive me, but they had an upset win. China beat someone that they shouldn't have. It would be hilarious if China became a rugby powerhouse. Wuldn't it be terrifying? It would be terrifying. Our wind foiler bloke, which is sort of like the windsurfers, but they're on a foil ye, he come fourth. Obviously, we just talked about the equestrian team finished eighth. For some reason, they were getting sprayed in the papers too, worst results since two thousand. Well, okay, okay, eighth, they didn't like, disgrace the country. Lulu Sun and Aaron Rutliffe. They lost in the doubles, but they lost to the favorites.
Speaker 3: That's a been disappointing though, because old Routliffe is she's like number one ranked doubles player in the world.
Speaker 1: She's a gun and.
Speaker 3: Louis Sun is on a heater, so they'll be a bit disappointed. That's too and done. Yeah, well, I think it's it's sort of like a.
Speaker 1: It's a scheduling loss, you know, like they just happened to come across like a middle favorite right early doors. They would have loved to have been on a different side of the of the drawer. But you can only play who's in front of you. Our trap shooting man is in nineteenth he's still going again today. Trap shooting is quite cool.
Speaker 3: So trappers, the stag the stags. Yeah, yeah, I still think they should shoot off the hip way more interesting for me.
Speaker 1: And they just shot off the hap like you know up here off the hap Yeah, full stag there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to be nude or dressed as a woman or some humiliating nurses costume.
Speaker 1: They wax you before you start. Yeah, so they wax you. Then you've got to try and get your I love that they've got the little heart rate monitors on them and you can see the heart rate.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it. And maybe maybe also pepper and paintballs. Yeah, so it's Kevinn Welts as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, fill him up with shots of tequila and then send him out there with a loaded shotgun. The stag trap shooting stag shirting. Both of our surfers are out, Billy Stimm and then and a Vetti Vet. They both got knocked out and Sam Gaze came sixth in his mountain biking, which is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Does Sam Gaye? Is that that guy the guy that did the fingers Andrew Maintens remember it was the Calm Games where his teammate left him behind in the kind of pet stop area and he took off and he gave him the.
Speaker 1: Big I have a vague I'm sure someone will facture us whipping around the rest of the Olympic action. Novak Djokovic beating Nadhal on the second round, and this is probably the last time that those two will play against each other. I think I think Nadale's probably cooked at this point, has been for a couple of years now. And it's not that he's not still a good player, it's just that this is how every athlete's career ends. They all of a sudden have a spate of injuries, yep, that they just can't recover from anymore.
Speaker 3: And he's also wholly on for dear life onto his hair. Oh have you seen that? Yeah, the bandana's going further and further back. It's het company.
Speaker 1: Well, Lebron James had this for a few years and the bandanna, the head band got thicker and thicker and thicker, and then one year it was just gone.
Speaker 3: Did he do a season in Turkey?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely Yeah.
Speaker 1: And people were saying, what if I told you the greatest comeback in sports wasn't on the field, was on the forehead of Lebron James.
Speaker 3: It came back.
Speaker 1: It's so thick like even now he's playing in the Olympics and yeah, forty years old, heirline just getting lower and still the best player on that team as well. Simone Biles is cleaning up in the gymnastics. She would have to be, I would say, the biggest star at these Olympics. Yep, she's carving up. Tom Cruise was allegedly in attendance to watch.
Speaker 3: Her great doco on Netflix about her as well. Yeah, you want to get in behind that. Yep, what kids are watching? That's that's really good. Yeah. Yeah, she's a machine. Yeah, she absolute machine. She has.
Speaker 1: The Only problem with these docos is all of the players executive producers on the doco.
Speaker 3: This is true. I watched the namar One as well, and very much a big pr exercise and making him not look like I see you next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the thing. It's like, well, okay, so this is basically just an advert for this guy. All of these people, if they agree to go on these documentaries, they're like, I'll do it, but I get final sign off on you know what you put in there.
Speaker 3: And once again, the pioneer and the best of it was Michael Jordan. Yeah, exactly, he started it all.
Speaker 1: And even he who was an executive producer on that and obviously had like final sign off on what made him look good and what didn't still look like you can't have to it, which is so funny because he's obviously looked at that and gone, yeah, that's fine, leave it.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, And I guess you have to be m Yeah. Tom Cruise allegedly in attendance, but remember was it the football work up the.
Speaker 3: Cricket World Cup? Did he show up there? That was Beckham looked at and but it looked like a wax work of Beckham and the crowd at the Cricket World Cup. It was just like anxiously shiny and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon, I reckon, do your own research into this.
Speaker 3: But I reckon it was a double.
Speaker 1: I reckon it was a body and I reckon Tom Cruise's body double isn't in Paris.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm saying that I don't think it was a body double because he nailed the accent when Laura McGoldrick interviewed him. Laura McGoldrick was in what must have been her teenage sandwich of joy. She was talking to Sushingtondolka on one side and David Beckham on the other in the middle of the World Cup semi final and you can see Laz just like this is. It doesn't get much better than this. Nah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The hit Strive show is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It was pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Another one of our favorite athletes have been unearthed. You were watching him in the rowing Billy Bender, belly belly bender, HEA's my Spirit Animals belly bender from the United States, and the double skull.
Speaker 3: Also, it was quite a problematic swimming final and I saw the first La Kenny from South Africa, then number two from Croatia, Seamen Over, three from America, Weinstein four from Canada, Harvey.
Speaker 1: MM, it's problematic, Illuminati, It's.
Speaker 3: Problematic first especially Lane's two to four, the Semen Over and the Harvey Weinstein. Yeah, i'd encourage you to do your own research into those. Yeah, problematic line up, that one for athletes as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, as it stands today, no medals so far, but we are starting to get into the finals and the semi finals of our various different sitting down and going backwards disciplines. Yes, and Hayden Wilde I believe is racing tonight, YEP.
Speaker 3: And that's how that's our hunch as well, a TV hunch for him to bring home gold. I saw m interviewed last night with James mcconey. He's been training up in the andes Oh altitude for the past few months.
Speaker 1: So much pools in the water in the andes heeps, sprinkling a bit in the heepes.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard much of the Pooh controversy. Are they still going to swimm the p I reckon. They'll be trying to.
Speaker 1: Sort of quiet and that sort of chat down so that yeah, okay, you know, sweeping under the rugue, sweet the po under the rugue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but you had to be going ahead.
Speaker 1: They'll be swimming in that river, yeah, rayan hale or shit, Yeah, they'll be swimming in that river.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, if they do a triathlon in central Auckland Harbor, they will do it there. Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: It's no worse than what you're swimming in at your local beach, I reckon, particularly when it's been running heavy. All blacks, by the way, we missed us yesterday they named their squad. Yeah, they chucked in another four players. They did, and still had no room for Christy the clown well dropped them. I mean, there's no other way to put it. They dropped him, dropped him like he was hot. Yeah, why do you think he was that bad?
Speaker 3: I don't think, you know, I don't think he was that bad. But I think they obviously seen the potential and Noah Hotham and also Sneakers Ratima played so well, yes, saying that I'd probably have Christy ahead of TJ. Yeah.
Speaker 1: TJ's back in there after suffering some sort of knee strain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then MI knew we did miss him in the Hacker. We did miss him in the Hokker.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who then do you think starts for the allbackses at Courtez.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon he's jumped to one. I reckon he should be starting and TJ coming off the bench. Yeah, because even when TJ was coming off the bench for the Hurricanes when Royguard was Yeah, he was very effective, Yeah, very effective because he came on and brought an energy and he brings that real a whole energy as well, where he gets into people's faces.
Speaker 1: And empty heads and he's pisty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're part of a half back and that's what you need if you bring him on the last twenty.
Speaker 1: Like, oh God, deal with this guy, his high energy. You know wherever you seem, unless it's on George Street and Dunedin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then they had to take a joke, didn't lean into a compliment.
Speaker 1: I when we bumped into him and I said, I was on the flight with the English boys and they were all booking their accommodation and balley.
Speaker 3: Mate, they already checked out, you're gonna hump them. I was like, give him, give him a.
Speaker 1: Hiding for us, and he goes, you know, professional athletes are allowed time off too.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, yeah, I know. I'm just saying what you're you're supposed to do is just go yeah, thanks man, Yeah, thanks very much. Yeah bro, we'll give my hiding for you. Yeah. Anyway, was the real life cycle, wasn't it. So we kind of just dived straight into the bakery after that.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, let's get straight at this bakery.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Jordan's back in the team. Surely he has to start at fullback, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: Oh do you put him straight at full back? He's playing no rugby. Do you put him gay at fullback?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I think you put him straight at fullback. I don't think that Razor will be messing around at all. I think he's going to be like he's my fullback at the Crusaders. He's going to be my fullback in the All Blacks.
Speaker 3: Nobody at back then.
Speaker 1: Nobody at the back that I think Birdie starts at ten. He's played too well. You have to you have to start him, and I think Dmax comes off the bench. Who are who are your sources? No, this is my speculation. I don't have any sources. This is just what I'm saying. He has picked ten Crusaders and this, uh, this squad is that the worst rugby union team to ever have ten all blacks come out of it? Yes, yes, by a country mile.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So I think he's gonna He showed with sticking with Sevy Reese on the wing. You know these kind of players have Illi's back into the squad. I think he picks his I think he picks his favorites.
Speaker 3: Well, do you know what if they perform, then old mate, the Easter Island head Rob Penny will have a lot to answer for if these Crusaders all performing in all black Jews, which is.
Speaker 1: Another layer to it, isn't it? Because is he doing that to spite not many Rob Pennie and.
Speaker 3: Sam Kine the Cleveland Steamer back and yeah, do you know what, I quite like a specialist seven. I don't feel like we've really got one. It's either Luke Jacobson, Papa Lee, I guess, but I mean he did start at six and can play eight, and everyone can play all three positions. Whereas I quite like the fact that Sam Kine the Cleveland Steamer is an out and out seven. Yeah, doesn't play anywhere else seven. This is what he does. Yeah, And I quite like that. And you know what, he deserves to get his hundred caps for the All Blacks ninety five. I think he's on the five more games left this year. This is his last year. I'm sure he's done the numbers. I reckon he comes out of retirement if he's stuck on ninety nine. Surely he did say it came out of nowhere. I wasn't expecting it to be honest. No, because Jury from from Japan did to have a bit of a faux pa on social media when he was spotted skiing on one ski at Lake Catapedo out of Hamilton. Not long after. The fresh utter of expos is in between gigs and his pressure meths have to have time off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, professional athletes do deserve to have time off. I've always said that. Tamasi Thama, he is the coach of the men's sevens team, the All Blacks sevens team, is a phenomenal player on his own right back in the day, and he has come out and echoed sentiments that were first heard on this very podcast saying that the All Blacks should come back and play sevens. They should, And we were like, well, I wonder what that means for the for the guys that are on the circuit. You know, what would the actual people in the camp think, Well, here's the coach said, yeah, yeah, bring them in, bring them. It's good for the games, good for the sport. It has to be the best players rising tide lifts or butts. It has to be the best players. Yeah, antoine Zo Punt has proved that. Yeah, and we need a metal like that really eloquent voicemail that we had yesterday said it's not good enough.
Speaker 3: There needs to be changed. Yeah, and that's change we need to say, Like that voicemail was meant for Gold Sport, or ZB for Poney.
Speaker 1: Or to Marsie Thumer himself.
Speaker 3: Well, it wasn't home. Was he just just doing across all of them?
Speaker 1: I am almost certain that that voicemail was not to Marsie Thumber. Just before we take another quick break and get to some more poignant yours pleases at Helensiegin's VP, we want to hook you up with an exclusive opportunity to win a.
Speaker 3: VIP Warriors experience.
Speaker 1: You will score tickets, cash money for food and beverages, plus vouchers to be kidded out. But the legends at Allenstein stuff like this T shirt that's behind me. To get in the drawer for that, you text vip zip to three two three six, and you could be the VIP at the Warriors. Thanks to the a SEC and Hellenstein's brothers, all of those games sold out as well. By the way, this is the only chance to Yeah.
Speaker 3: How's that? The full house? Yea, literally the full house all season Warriors, never done before, sold out every game.
Speaker 1: And the good thing about this, I know we're going to an ad but the good thing about this, this is why we can start to attract players back, Yeah to the Warriors. I think nannie La Marpi was quoted on The Warrior's own Instagram page yesterday saying he's keen to come back.
Speaker 3: I do fine. I love the fact it sells out. I love the faithful, I love the passion around it. I still believe this crowd needs to find its voice better than it does. Yeah, someone something needs to happen. They can sing the team song when they win, that's because on the screen, and it's great and that's heartwarming stuff. And last year when they when they won at home, that last game was probably one of the great sporting moments I can remember in quite some time. But they need to find their voice somehow, and it's up to that k Creek end stand to start a song. It's a song chant. That's not why we because it'll travel as well. Oh and that's the only opportunity because no Super rugby games selling out every week, no nothing else. This is an opportunity for the Warriors and Warriors fans to change the landscape of being a New Zealand sports supporter. Yeah, because already the match experience is called the Pukana cam evening amnutally a little too heavy on the DJ. That sucks the life out of it because you can't find your voice. Kills chants, kills chance music kills chants, let the crowd be uncomfortable in their silence and then create something. But instead, what they try and do is fill the void with punishing music.
Speaker 1: If they just had a little bit of game awareness and didn't do it when there was a chant going on, yeah, because they do, they absolutely kill it. But I think that'll happen. I think that will happen next year. I think all get it.
Speaker 3: It would be great because they've got we've tried support, they've got the faith. Yeah. Well, I think we need to just I think we need to probably double down next year in terms of I'm happy to fly Assessna over and drop leaflets with words on it as the game's going. Yeah, you know one of the things.
Speaker 1: I suppose it's a jinx to sing the team song at halftime, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get ahead. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: We need to think something, but I do think you can't force it. It's going to happen organically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm going to come from the fans.
Speaker 1: But I think it will happen. All Right, we've talked for too long. Let's take a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back.
Speaker 1: Yours please, yours please, Brought to you by leader home of the.
Speaker 3: Five of them to get through first one.
Speaker 4: Here yours please, good o boys Andrew from Napes here, just listening to a podcast where you guys are talking about having the random swimmer out of the crowd and the ninth lane, or having somebody from a particular seat number come on a field and players the eleventh man. I was wondering if each Olympic and he could select their team and then it's a random ball drawers to which sport you play.
Speaker 1: That is a brilliant, brilliant idea.
Speaker 3: Ah, so you pick your team and then you've got Roman Grecoe wrestling, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck good, all right, Luca Jones are up. I think you would still pick the odd specialist, just on the off chance that you, you know, roll the yatzi. So you picked David Liddy on the off chance that you get powerlifted, right, and they've got some you know, they've got some own biles.
Speaker 3: Oh the horrific injuries at the back of that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, But you would have to be the perfect, like well rounded athlete.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said that. Just picked Antoine du Pont. It strikes me as the kind of guy I could just do anything. Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, he could do the shop.
Speaker 1: He could probably throw a javelin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rhythmic gymnastics. Lebron will be the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lebron done. If Lebron could swim. But I think that you would basically be trying to aim for the Lebron type. Yea, you'd be like, we'd send Steven Adams. Yep, Like, God, Steve, you're you're up for whatever we've got. Because I was thinking of a similar idea with the rowing.
Speaker 3: It's too many.
Speaker 1: I don't like these sports where there's like fifteen different variants of the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're rowing. It's like it's the two handed. There's the one hander. Now now here's one year. Now there's two year. Now there's four year, Now there's eighty year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, fucking chuck them all on the same boat. Just do one race, just an eight. There's thirty four years in one boat, and you just all go, who's the fastest.
Speaker 3: Get it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this is why Michael Felt's the greatest Olympian of all time. It's just because running doesn't have an egg and spoon race. You know, if running head when running head fifty sixty eighty one hundred hundred and ten two back good sideways Grapevine. Now you're gonna do the bloody hopping race, you know?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that's a great idea. But how would it work? So you would put together a team of like, what's sixteen people yep? In the end random draw, yeah, and then do you get to pick.
Speaker 3: Your Then you are okay because you've got sixteen of New Zealand's most premier all round athletes. And then you pick heavyweight boxing and you're like, let's hear you're out mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, all of a sudden, Ardie is getting called into the teams to cover in HL. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was a brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: Really enjoyed that. Thank you for your feedback. We have another one here at yours please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get a fellas.
Speaker 5: I'd like to introduce the idea to having another metal category as the comedic Gold Medal. You touched on it with a cowboy dressed up shooting. I like where that and add the gilly suit to the crome shooters and also the hammer throw just toss a fire work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like I say, we.
Speaker 5: Could make the gold medal chocolate one and use it up a bit, make it a bit more fun.
Speaker 6: All right, you're seeing busy gate.
Speaker 3: Let you gate? Yeah, like that. That's up there with you know Heath Davis famously bowling a mince pie after the break of a first class cricket match at sid In Park. Just put it on a link that exploded all over the pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also like reminds me of when Ruggi used to do the race and the bag. I think maybe this is something for after the ceremony the games are over. Yes, you know, you could make some sort of comedic sort of situation at the end of it. Get the slows, get the power lifters out there to run the eight hundred meters hurdles would be better. Some sort of humiliation where think you just just run straight through them. Yeah, just collect them up as you go and just keep running with them all in your hands. See see how Lebron James, See how Steph Curry goes on the back of a horse, you know, just completely mix it up quite well.
Speaker 3: Actually well Lebron's feet would touch the floor reckon, but running a donkey it would be.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: I think afterwards they should be the closing ceremony as you have them out there just doing the dumbest shit. They're too busy beinging. Hm, true, tell them? Was that another caller?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: Yours?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 7: Can a fella's bend over? I'm just wondering what your guys thoughts on getting some Olympic breeding going on. I mean, we've got some fucking specimens over there. What do you reckon would be the best sort of crossover? You know, if you're thinking like sprinter, cross swimmer or you know, shot put, a cross high jumper, what do you reckon would be just the absolute Olympic fucking specimen.
Speaker 3: I think you definitely it's one hundred. You're gonna breed someone from one hundred meters, yes, and that's applicable to any sport, yeah, because you need power speed. And then is there a skill based one after that?
Speaker 1: Like do you have rhythmic gymnastics?
Speaker 3: Oh, so someone who can do flips real fast? Yeah, a gymnast, which I think covers most. The only thing with a gymnast is the small height. It's going to be an issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think it's basically Lebron James and then whoever's the most athletic Carrie Richardson. Yeah, something like that where you've still got a mix of the height and athleticism.
Speaker 3: She rich is quite she's quite small. She's crazy, but you need to watch the one hundred meters.
Speaker 1: You have to be crazy to be an athlete.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 1: She's the crazier you are, the better an athlete you are.
Speaker 3: So you're saying basketball into sprinting, I'm just saying Lebron James, by the way, Yeah, okay, I think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Lebron James an outlier. But yeah, I think Lebron and then whoever else you can find.
Speaker 3: Swimmers are quite good. Rigs got great rigs, but they've got specimens.
Speaker 1: But they are also bizarre shapes. Yeah, okay, like they have massive torsos, short legs, giant feet, long arms, they could tickle their feet standing up. I don't know that that translates into, you know, like a court. I don't know if they'd be any good at handball or right, Okay, but yeah, I think basically Lebron and whoever else for another color here yours.
Speaker 4: Please, greatest Kiwis.
Speaker 6: Graham, Henry Bruce McLaren Formula one chat.
Speaker 4: How good was spark.
Speaker 6: Any of the inventors Old Fred Day. Dave Dobbin wrote flat murray Ball Chris coming in Warren.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, I like that. I like murray Ball in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bruce McLaren is a good one. Yeah, Like not a lot of people know, and you aren't because you're like claren is I know, but you don't know. You started the McLaren Formula One team. I could have guessed and yeah, but a lot of people just think it's just a name. But it's Bruce McLaren. And if you look at their logo, what is it. It's an orange keewe kee with lasers coming out of him. Yes, pretty much. And that's that's that's go kiwi. That is give him a taste, Yeah, John, and that is yet John Britton. Whatever happened to that motorbike? As soon as he died, no one could build another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wondered that he won like some famous was it Daytona motorbike race? The guy won doing a wheelie. Yeah, he overtook the one opposition doing a wheelie. That's how good his motorbike was. Yeah, and it looked like it was designed by doctor Zeeps. There's a mural of it in krish It. Well, he's got the replicas at Papa and I mean tragically he died of cancer quite young in his forties and for some reason with it died all of the ideas and technology that he never drew up the plans. Maybe not, maybe not, But that's a great story as well. You find the doc on the on the Britain story that is next level. That is what about old mate who went to on the Indian World's Fastest Indian Bert Monroe. Oh, Anthony Hopkins, Bert Monroe. Yeah, Bert Monroe, well's fastest Indian. Yeah, I don't mind checking him in there as well. I think we're going to make this bracket today, probably launch it tomorrow. How many people do we want in there? It's going to be a lot because we did sixty four last time. That was too much. Yeah, the nickname ones, but there is a lot of nicknames. But they're saying that there's a lot of great New Zealanders.
Speaker 1: I think what we do is we'd probably go the sixty four, but we just bang through it a bit quicker.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think my vote on the whole today, the whole first round, yeah, is in one day. Yeah, I think so all right, so keep keep an eye out for that. I think we've got one more.
Speaker 5: Yours, please, good a boys, Chris Pacock. Care with your greatest New Zealander ever competition? Why don't you have some pool play to start it off, different categories such as milk for the nation. You know, you could have Hillary Barry versus Samantha Hayes or greatest sportsman slash rugby player versus cricket players, that sort of thing, and then I'll weed it down to your top thirty two or even top sixteen kind of lot the Cricket World Cup anyway, who wrote.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna steer away from me first yeah, first idea.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind his theory, Old Crispy. His name's Chris Chris B. Coock.
Speaker 1: His last name is Peacock. Yeah, okay, sorry, Christy Cock.
Speaker 3: So I get it because he's looking for the category just avoids them all being sports people, because you could have a sports and then you could have history, or you could have arts, then you could have politics, you could have invention and innovation. So I could see where he's coming from on that one. And I mean, we'll park the milf one for a sek. I don't think we could include that one. We're going to steer away from that. Yeah, yeah, Chris. I mean I'm happy for you to draw one up, sure of your own and make your own bracket. It sounds like it could be its own thing. Yeah, for you and your friends. But we're here at the a SEC will not stand for it. No, I will not sit here and tolerate that.
Speaker 1: But I don't think we need to put any blinders on or any categories.
Speaker 3: And it's just the best.
Speaker 1: And if it's the Nick minute, then it's the Nick minute, you know. And he goes on the twenty dollars note. I think this is going to be for the people, by the people.
Speaker 3: Lenatawa.
Speaker 1: Throw her in there, lend of Tawer. Yeah, I will happily put fictional characters in there if you want, well, for rot yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, any anyone that you want to send through real otherwise they just have to be a New Zealander.
Speaker 3: I think what was Wall's girlfriend's name? Run on a real big lips and great.
Speaker 1: G don'ta guess, don't guess, But anyway, keep those coming through on the Instagram, On the Facebook, you can send through a voicemail We're gonna kick this great New Zealander, greatest New Zealander of all time off Tomorrow. We'll also have another half baked sports idea because it is Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yes, lam Cheey Dobson, Cheecky Hobson was your name, Darlene cheekey Hobson as well? For what's Gilfriend? I'll be able to sleep tonight.
Speaker 1: Keep the miss just coming through Instagram, Facebook, keep the voicemails coming through as well. We will see you tomorrow for another episode of the Agenda Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio form you get your podcast