Speaker 1: Life in the Export Beer Gaden Studio. This is the ACC Sports Book, powered by the Tab, The ACC Sports Book thanks to the TAB, Morning Lane and good Morning via zoom Carl.
Speaker 2: How are you, Carl, gents? I am good.
Speaker 3: Not quite the same studio setup you've got, but I'm trying.
Speaker 1: It's not far off to be fair. In the background, we can see golf clubs. We can see a couple of a TB had a rugby ball, Stephen basketball, a TB screen, a bunch of awards, and a pink unicorn costumes at yours, Carl.
Speaker 4: I thought I was blocking that out. You've just uncovered his weakingd activities.
Speaker 2: It's my dress up collection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, powerful stuff. No, what are the awards for? Just before you get into.
Speaker 5: The November or lated? Don't they with your work with November?
Speaker 2: They are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good good call the elane. Yeah, yeah, something that I'm pretty proud of. And yeah, just some just some stuff.
Speaker 1: I only asked because I'm not used to seeing awards. We don't have any in our studio. We don't come across them very often. So I think this week probably the biggest bit of sports action that people are casting their eyes across as probably the All Blacks taking on South Africa this week. Is that where most of the punters are looking at the tear beca.
Speaker 3: So that's between that and the spoon bowl in the NRL. But we can talk about that shortly. Yeah, yeah, a lot of action earlier for the Abs at that what are they two fifty? I think at the moment eighty six percent of the money in the match betting with the I was about to say the Warriors with the All Blacks Talmothy Williams is the worst result in the first try score market at fifty one dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Mark Tellier and Will Jordan by far the best backed in any time. The most backed power play is Jordi Barrett first try scorer refund of for his scores anytime at thirteen's.
Speaker 5: It's not bad. That's not bad.
Speaker 1: There's a.
Speaker 5: Sorry, now there you go.
Speaker 4: I was going to one of my juicy ones in there is which I quite like the look of. As Mark Talia or siv Reese first try scorer in New Zealand win one to ten, that's paying fifteen.
Speaker 1: I quite like that one.
Speaker 2: It's very nice. As long as you stick to your guns this week and you don't take both sides to co sign that.
Speaker 1: Those one of the all time hedges yesterday because you've got access to multiple accounts that don't come out of your own money. And so he went South Africa one to twelve and then you went the All Backs one to twelve on a different podcast.
Speaker 4: Maybe that wouldn't come back to both, but that was that was as a result of the Carmo kid giving me a dressing down around how I was doubting that the All Blacks we're going to win and he pinned us against the.
Speaker 5: Wall and just absolutely gave it to him about how they're going to win. I mean, And then I was on another podcast, so I flipped and I mean, now all Black.
Speaker 1: The figure is it's hardly sound gambling advice because it was basically one eight and everyone that follows in on their first I don't have a seeking account, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a missions. Last week it was a bit of jeckl and hide.
Speaker 3: The biggest bet so far, it's not a huge bit. Two hundred bucks on the abs one to twelve at three dollars sixty.
Speaker 1: It's not enormous, and it's.
Speaker 3: Not that's all got so far on the abs, but I would like always that'll that'll ramp up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as we get closer to Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at about one or two in the morning, as people start piling their bets on for that on three in such a brutal time, Did you get up and watch that one live? Carl last week.
Speaker 3: Had every intention to, and then after the Warriors game, it took me about an hour to get to bed because I was so pumped up. So no, I chose to record it and get up at five and watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the problem is that you wake up and you check your tir beackout and things have come off with HAMD, so you already know.
Speaker 4: I know it's to be a completely collect complete media blackout. I had great intentions on waking my kids up, you know, yeah, piling them full of Milo and making them watch it, because that's how I remember, Yeah, as a kid, He's getting working up and just feed hot chocolates and whenever I wanted, But I slept through my alarm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, three it couldn't. Three o'clock is nighttime. Yeah, you know, four o'clock that's an early morning and you can kind of get about your day. But three. That's like you got to go back to bed at that point, do you? Yeah, So it can be pretty brutal. You mentioned the spoon bill before. Outside of this, I really don't see any value in gambling on the NRL this weekend because there are players being rested, there are teams that couldn't give a shit if they were, and there are teams that you know, everything's right on it for them. So most punters just all in on Paramatta Eels versus West Tigers tonight.
Speaker 3: It's three games that kind of holds significance for different positions. Is obviously the Spoon Bowl Tiger's Eels, Dogs Cowboys effectively playing for a home semi yep. And then the Knights Dolphins playing for the eighth spot.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Dolphins in eighth at the moment yep.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: So pretty even regards to spoon fifty three of the money with the Eels, punters can't can't split them. Blaze to Lungey is our worst result first try scorer Guthason and Blaze to Lungy anytime, and Cottasaur is the most backed Tigers player.
Speaker 2: In terms of power player.
Speaker 3: Will Pennasini first second or third try scorer and Sean Russell anytime at twelve dollars is the best backed.
Speaker 1: I find it interesting that the partners can't split this one. I sort of feel like the Eels. I feel like that the Tigers are so much worse than the Eels because if you told me at the start of the season, where do you think the Eels are finished? I honestly thought it would have been top eight and they had, you know, probably one of the best players in state of origin. Whereas I could have told you the Tigers would have been the spooners at the start of the year.
Speaker 3: You know this is I can give myself a pat on the back here, and I picked the Eels to finish thirteenth this year. Really sim over the moon. I think the Tigers will get up. I really think the Tigers will get up.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be a pat crowd of one tour a row too in a row.
Speaker 3: I just think, I don't know, it could be. This could easily be like a four to two or a forty two, forty forty, like, it could be anything.
Speaker 1: I think it could be anything. I do. I think it's closer to being a forty. I mean just last week or was it forty four to forty Els v Dragons the Ils? I mean they scored forty four points, but they also let in the highest losing score of all times. Fucking biz. These last two weeks have been absolutely mental. If you've been able to pick anything, you just don't get footy. I think if you've been able to pick any of the results, you don't understand the game of regularly because nothing has gone to script.
Speaker 2: What I'll ask you boys, what do you like? And the Knights Dolphins? Who do you like? To make that eighth spot?
Speaker 1: This one is tough. I can't go past the Dolphins. I feel like they're better across the board, but I feel like the Knights have a bit more strike. Where is it is it at home for the Newcastle?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to go the nights?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think yeah, I think I'll go nights too. I have images burned in my mind from that nine in a row last year where they marched into the finals. That place was heaving, you know, we were we were all fizzed up about the Warriors, but over there in Australia it was all Newcastle like they were. It was an outrageous end of the season for them. So if it's like that again, it's probably Newcastle for me. I think. Fuck, I don't know. That's what I'm saying. Don't go near the end around this week. That's just too hard it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I like the Dolphins. And then the other game, I like the Dogs to beat North Queenslane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. North Queensane just sacked one of their assistant coaches.
Speaker 2: They did, James Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seventy nine of the money though, what's the Cowboys really?
Speaker 2: The heat did market? Yeah? Turtles?
Speaker 3: The Turtles ten Now, I think they're were favorites earlier in the week before James Malone got sacked.
Speaker 1: What So have their odds gone up or down since he's been said?
Speaker 2: Everyone up? But that could have been before teams are named. Also, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I don't think James Maloney's firing is gonna affect the line. But yeah, so everyone's just getting on the Spoon Bowl, everyone getting on the seven eighth playoff and the and the was that four or five for the Bulldogs? Five? Sex? Yeah? Yeah, And I guess the other sport that New Zealanders care about is the NPC. There's a big Shield challenge this weekend is that where everyone's looking.
Speaker 3: I have got one line on a couple of games here, yep, I'm just going to go through them top to bottom. Eighty percent of the money on one or two of a bad Plenty Yeah, okay, hang on my computer is not something I'd expect.
Speaker 1: There to be more money in the bad Plenty than in month or two. However, a lot of students.
Speaker 2: I think ten dollars is obviously have a little go at that and see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yep k Eckland worst result, first triscore at nine dollars seventy five.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad He's a hooker, Yeah, it's not bad. He was the leading triscorer like two years ago. And so rugby yeah, it's a real a real g lane play there.
Speaker 5: Love a hooker. It did me well during Super Rugby.
Speaker 2: Southland.
Speaker 3: This is all based on the head to head price they're paying twelve bucks against the Lions is eighty two percent of the money with Southland.
Speaker 2: Someone's put five hundred dollars in Southland at twelve dollars up.
Speaker 1: Stags, yeah, very patriotic Southland Stags a very passionate fan base. Unfortunately, Wellington are very good this year. They are.
Speaker 3: Auckland over Harbors Many seven percent of the money with Auckland a dollars thirty five, a Targo White team holding eighty percent of the money over Canterbury at home at two dollars and five cents six hundred dollars on a Targo plus five and a half, and then Hawks Bay Tasman sixty five percent.
Speaker 2: Of the money with the Bay there at two dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not bad as it's I mean they're defending the Shield Hawks May and paying two bucks.
Speaker 5: Got Tasman's at one seventy for that, I don't know, seventy five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think that that's a good money on Hawks Bay because they'll they'll be up for it, There'll be a big crowd.
Speaker 5: It's a big my biggest serious challenge in quite some time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I don't know this for a fact, but it normally plays out when you look at NRL and other sports at home underdogs close and close games are normally a pretty good play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that at two dollars. Well that selfishly, I'd love the Shield to come back to the South Island.
Speaker 5: So you can bust up with South Canterbury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Is that all for the National Provincial Championship? It is, Yes, all the keys are looking at and the look And I know this as well as anyone. The NFL, the National Football League starts over in America. Probably by the time you're listening to this. In fact, definitely by the time you listen to this, the first game will have kicked off. And I know this because I've spent the last forty eight hours of my life in NFL fantasy draft hell, where we've had one draft canceled, then the next one was paused and then unpaused, and then one guy had to order. It was just a shit show. And the long short of all of that is that the NFL is now underway. The Punters, I feel like this has been growing in popularity over the last few years.
Speaker 2: Eh, absolutely, Yeah, sure, I don't know. I can we can we think tell us that.
Speaker 1: It was before Taylor.
Speaker 3: Ravens Today, I think you just say it kicks off in about six minutes. Huge support for the Chiefs, though surprised there ninety percent of the money with them most backed anytime touchdown score. Derek Henry for the Ravens, Travis Kelcey and Russia Rice for the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: It you've been taken a lot of vibepunts on Travis kelce over the last year or so.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, you can think we can thank Taylor for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then we get a game tomorrow as well, Yes, which is cool.
Speaker 3: So Packers pretty even to be fair, fifty fifty five percent of the money with the Packers at twenty ten cents a j Brown the worst result first touchdown score, nine dollars seventy five Josh Jacob's best backed anytime, and two hundred dollars on the Packers at one to thirteen at three.
Speaker 1: Dollars, So locking the Packers.
Speaker 2: How did you go down in your draft?
Speaker 1: I got Jalen Hurts and have subsequently rebranded my team Hurts in for a squirtson and and I think I'm playing my mate's wife in round one.
Speaker 3: But on Netley we had an eighteen team draft at the start of this week.
Speaker 2: It took about four hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean side of ours, there's only ten of us, but one of them was mad enough. Yeah, but yours is over three days. Oh, it was cruelly So I've had to punish ever on every podcast I've been on this week. If I'd punish this hard, you are too. Yeah, so that's the NFL. Have we seen any massive, massive punts across this week? And we love hearing about this all huge ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I got some big wins. This one jumps out from Friday last week. We must have just missed it live two league multi sixty dollars at odds of two hundred and five dollars. This guy has picked a forty one dollar winner at scone Race seven into a five dollars top three shot to collect twelve point three k.
Speaker 1: Oh my god? What did he see?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What did he see?
Speaker 5: Rank?
Speaker 1: Outside of that?
Speaker 5: How do you even how do you even go about that? Has he sprinkling more than more than that one?
Speaker 1: Bet?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, it's putting that into a multi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't nine putting it just on the nose.
Speaker 1: Now, the two leagues is what makes it suspicious. He's like, I know these two things are going to happen, you know, like if it was if they were two of like a ten league spirit, you know, thrown at the wall. Moulty, I get it, But the two like a forty one dollar thing he must have been walking through the stab was like the horse and a Murdoin race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seen something, And I mean the other one paying five bucks for a top three are winning have been far off?
Speaker 2: Forty one is to win it either. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Anyway Congress to that guy. Yes, we've got a one from Saturday. It's a four leg multi ed Rickerton four dollars into just under three thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite Warriors Sharks six league, same game multi. This punt had put on whopping two dollars fifty on this bet Dallan to score, Luke Metcalf to score, Warriors one to twelve, Ko Aero to score, Tom Hazelton to score both teams to score twenty plus points.
Speaker 2: Two dollars fifty into two thousand, six hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yes, that he would have had a great night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a game that would have been for that in a watch wild Yeah, especially at halftime it were like like you got that. Yeah. So all of the tri scores happened more or less before about the sixty minute mark, so he was then at that point just sweating on the result, which didn't happen until the seventy ninth minute. That's pun that's what it's all about, and a responsible amount of money to yeah to fifty put that on an ad car. Very good.
Speaker 5: That's a hunch.
Speaker 3: A couple more here there's a five leg NRL multi which included four of the legs were all outsiders, including the Raiders and the Warriors. Fifty dollars into eleven three hundred. Oh and then Monday this week, another big bet two dollars on a twelve leg specky that included football, tennis, baseball.
Speaker 1: Table tennis, two dollars into five and a half k.
Speaker 5: I can confirm that wasn't me.
Speaker 2: How do these people? How do these people do it?
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm like.
Speaker 1: Are they?
Speaker 5: Is there twenty of those two dollar bets going down?
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, huricon has to be. I think that's like a payday Friday. You chuck twenty bucks in, you put ten two dollars multi moldies. Yeah, and you only need one of those to come off in your lifetime, and that's very happy. Yeah. So yeah, powerful powerful stuff. All right? Should we take a quick break and come back and hear your tips? From around the office in the TB cal pause the podcast now and grab a pen for the hottest tips from around the tab office. We need to start, as we do most weeks, with a bit of an accountability session. How did we go last week?
Speaker 3: Oh, it was a very mixed bag last week, but in a good way. We had three winners, so read about it at three dollars thirty recommendation two twenty five and our harness man got one up on Sunday at two I was fifteen Sandy Show.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's saved g Lan's weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: I was an.
Speaker 5: Accounting deer on that one and it brought me back. Now I'm into the nice total of sixty nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Mister Bright's side came second prior of Jenny fifth, our guy Doctor Evil came sixth, and Arts, who I took in the took for a top four came tenth, which is disappointing. And Mulin miss missed DFL. So mixed bag but three winners, yep.
Speaker 5: I'll take that though.
Speaker 1: Well look we yeah, I think I think we fell victim to the same thing that all blacks fans have in the last few years, and we got two used to winning. I think there was twil the three weeks there where we were just flying, and I think that we that we came to expect that, and as we all know, you can't expect every bit to win. So I wouldn't say we've done a great but I wouldn't say we've come crashing back down to earth. I still think that is a that's a that's a good weekend. But I just think that maybe that because we had been playing it where you just got every horse top four finish and that was basically as showing. But I think you're going to be a bit more tactical about how you're going to do it this week. So what have you heard around the office this week? Car?
Speaker 2: Well, you say that, and I think we should take every horse top four here today.
Speaker 1: Okay, comen, yep, I've got my I've got.
Speaker 5: My app open. I'm just waiting for you to start talking.
Speaker 3: You've convinced me hate the start of Hastings Race one number three, Don Poorly at three dollars eighty and a dollar seventy, get Don, PAULI We're going to go to Hasting's Race nine for the first group one of the new Zealand season Tarzino Trophy Trophy over fourteen hundred meters Number four Crasheti at two dollars and ten cents.
Speaker 2: Should should just win? Yep, Top four would be very very safe. Mooney Valley.
Speaker 3: Race one, number one Evaporate at two dollars seventy and a dollar twenty four.
Speaker 1: Great name for a horse.
Speaker 2: Almost as good as this one.
Speaker 3: Race too at Mooney Valley number four, Lamon's Lamon three dollars seventy and a dollar sixty five.
Speaker 1: Does the jockey run and mount the horse before it starts.
Speaker 2: Resume?
Speaker 3: So this name gets even better. Race one at Randwick The Extreme Cat four dollars twenty and a dollar eighty five.
Speaker 1: You just know there's a good story behind that one.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then our our guy, a harness man, he's given he's gone sticking with Sunday. I'm just going to see the odds went up before. But it's Methvin Race ten number two Zia Bromac and I'll just check the odds.
Speaker 1: Is it another field where no other horse has ever won a race before?
Speaker 5: It's very important to us.
Speaker 2: He didn't give me that.
Speaker 1: Also, is this person that's tipping out the Sunday Harnesses and Mid Canterbury. They love Wellington.
Speaker 3: He does, Yes, it's just the Mid Canabary. He's from Ears from the South Island.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, somewhere around Hines. I suspect.
Speaker 3: Dunedin, but close grass. I can't find the odds. It's not it's unbackable, Zia Bromac. Anyway, it'll be up there.
Speaker 1: What these on the old Instagram story and the odds will be up there by the time you are looking at it. But is that all of the that's all the brilliant all right? Let us rap straight into then stats to impress the ladies. Alrighty hit us, Carl.
Speaker 3: Not your traditional start to stats and press ladies, but these starts to impress me, so I assume they're going to impress the ladies. Twenty five runs, one hundred and seventy six meters, two line breaks, one line break assist, three triassists, three tackle busts, and five hundred kicking meters.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Shawn Johnson.
Speaker 1: That monster. That was incredible, ste monster and apparently scored that night as well, according to the signs I saw.
Speaker 2: Apparently he didn't according to Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd say the Instagram story as well.
Speaker 3: All Right, Spoon Bowl. The West Tigers have won two of their last four matches versus the Eels by a margin of one point. Oh, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: Spoon Bowl is going to be tight.
Speaker 3: Tight, As we said, this game Chiefs Ravens will be on now. But Lamar Jackson has not thrown an intercept in his last thirteen regular season appearances with the Ravens as a road underdog.
Speaker 1: That's because he doesn't throw it.
Speaker 2: That's very good. He just runs And I did not consider that.
Speaker 1: He's basically a running back in a quarterback's helmet. He is.
Speaker 2: MLB. The Cubs are playing the Yankees tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The Cubs have trailed after three innings in each of their last four day games against American League East opponents that hold a winning record.
Speaker 5: I love how it just keeps on giving those ones at home in the dark.
Speaker 1: You know what, next week, I'm not going to do it today, but next week I'm going to put a bit together off the back of one of those those MLB ones.
Speaker 2: I did the other week and gone up. It was incredible, right.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Last one tennis Jack Draper has won the first set and four of his last five atp main draw matches.
Speaker 2: As an underdog at the US.
Speaker 1: Open, it likes it likes being backed up against the wall. Ol Draper Draper does his best work off the back into a corner. He loves it. Powerful stuff. There's my whole light of the week stats from Priscillades. But now it is time to turn our attention to the three way.
Speaker 2: Getting in on the three way action with man, I am lane and the tab.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, so you've made a comeback and I, after hearing the stats and the tally last week, you have got a laser focus.
Speaker 1: Now. I got spoke last week, So shout out to Marty. He went back and dug up the official tally and I think I had Carla hit on twelve, then you on ten, and then me on seven. So I at this stage could not win the competition, right, But it's not about winning, it's about not losing. It's like out You don't have to outrun the beer, you only have to outrun the other guy run it. And so at this stage I'm trying to outrun you. Just play. It's just a two horse race, and there's a two horse race. Carl can just get silly with it now this week, but mine did get up. So last week rose Hill Raced went arts. As you said before, car that one came tenth laying you went on the unders fifteen and a half hours. You were very unlucky to just that very unlucky because I remember looking, because I watched the replayer, knew what the score ended up being. But with about ten minutes left, I was like, hell yeah, and then sure enough and then Mid Canterbury versus South Canterbury. South Canterbury covered the line got me home. So coming into this week, I was thinking I might just see if I can whip South Canterbury home for the rest of the season. Their line is twenty eight point five against King Country.
Speaker 5: I don't know that's that's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I tried it last time they did it to I can't even remember who they played, but last time they had one of these ridiculous lines. I'll go there and they obliterated them sixty nine points. Debugger all. So I'm not going to do that. I'll go first. I am going Spoon Bowl. Earlier today I was talking to you, Laine about I think it's going to be tense because both teams don't want to lose. You made a good point. If either of these teams were able to park the bus and shut up shop, they wouldn't be competing in the spoon Bowl. Yeah, so I'm taking the overs fifty three and a half points. Tigers be paramedic eels. I'm taking overs carp I like that.
Speaker 3: I am as you say, get to get a little bit, a little bit, Larry, not too much, but I'll take evaporate in the first race at Moody Valley on the nose at two dollars seventy.
Speaker 4: You are nice, Okay. I'm going to go for all ex South Africa. It's one of the top power plays.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go for.
Speaker 4: A successful penalty is kicked in the first ten minutes of the game at two ten, so I think the All Blacks will park up and they'll want points early as well.
Speaker 5: The South Africans a reckon, so that's.
Speaker 1: Pollard back into the team for South Africa as well kicking it from halfway, so you I don't mind that. So if we add all of those together, because we're finally starting to learn and I've put this in ahead of time, that is paying it. We'll put one hundred dollars on it. It's ten dollars thirty seven, so it's paying it brand. It's quite spicy if and when that one comes in, so we will place that right now and keep tabs on that across the weekend, and that'll do us for today. Thank you very much for joining us, Carl. You can put your onesie, your Unicorn onesie back on now next week ACC Sports thanks to the tab