Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gardens Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast, Fourth Thursday, the fourth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting, Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Vulture.
Speaker 1: Independence Day in America as well. Well, it'll be tomorrow our time, then that'll be the time. So fourth of July. Celebrate that me? No, how do they celebrate it? Five works loads and shit?
Speaker 3: And what was it was?
Speaker 1: They kicked the British out? There was the Boston tea party, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: All that kind of stuff. It's always the British.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, isn't it. Yeah, celebrating independence. They have more celebrations about them leaving people's countries than anywhere else.
Speaker 3: It's also the school holidays at the moment.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: It starts tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh, school holidays next two weeks.
Speaker 4: I'm getting punished because I've got sickness in my house.
Speaker 1: I've heard no, I've heard a lot of people talking about the school.
Speaker 4: And the build up to it. It's like for parents. I've seen this before in podcasts. If you aren't a parent. You know, you can switch off for the next kind of thirty seconds, but if you are, it's so punishing, so punishing like that, no one warns you that they get twelve weeks off a year and you get four. Yeah, there we go. That's for the next two weeks. You just you know, just be weary that people are going to be on edge yep, a little bit, yeah, and forced to deal with a whole lot of punishers at home.
Speaker 1: And to celebrate the start of the school holidays, you're going to leave.
Speaker 4: And go down to Dane after Dneed and after the Kensington for the pre game. Down and done.
Speaker 1: As we fly down tonight. By the way, the po I saw the photo go up of Richie Wong is standing outside the bus. So he's going to be driving the bus from the Kings again to the game. Actually, does Richie moo look in front of that bus. He looks so happy to drive it.
Speaker 4: Ah, Hey, I mean, look, I don't know if he's got his what does he need?
Speaker 3: P endorsement and a level four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think he's got that, but I'd like to see him give it a go.
Speaker 1: For legal purposes and for anyone listening to this. I'm sure he has. I'm sure he's done all the appropriate testing.
Speaker 4: Hey, we had to tell you that the buses are eighteen, so you can't bring your kids on it. Yeahause we're going to be serving pass on it. There is I would have thought a given.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't bring your kids, and if you're seventeen, don't try and sneak in there.
Speaker 4: No, no, you know, not welcome on the bus if you're under eighteen. Says it's a license.
Speaker 1: Because there will be beers on that bus. Ahle year, which you know, if you are over eighteen, there's going to be a hell of a bus.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a hell of a bus. Strip.
Speaker 1: Do we need to come up with because there's a bus trip to a rugby game? You know? Do we need to make the rookies sit up the front? Do they Does someone have to sing a stand up and sing a song?
Speaker 4: Or do you have to do the kind of the gauntlet? Run the gauntlet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you have to do that when in front of the bus to the back of the bus and everyone just beats the living crap out of you.
Speaker 1: Never had to do that, but I always had to do the stand up and sing a song was a big thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like either at the hostel you'd have to do it, or because people always thought that that was going to be really humiliating for whoever had to do it.
Speaker 3: I freaking loved it.
Speaker 1: I'll do it on angels, people, angels, Oh angels, so do bloody justin Timberlake, Ao Technology.
Speaker 4: What I want those that export express bus to pull up to full sight bark, We're going to do shuttles. He's going to be to three or four shuttles going back some Fords because it's only a ten minute drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But what I do want is that bus rock and to bliss as people pile off. So people are going, what is going on there? And here all your hears.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and then the doors and people just pile out.
Speaker 1: Yeah it looks like Richard Moonger. No, it's me, but Richie is on the bus. We had that because we used to drive from Wyman to Timaru or wherever the woolshed party was, and we're kids. We had a van. We put about twenty of us in this van and when it pulled up, everyone knew the Waimos are in town because we filled it with like speakers underneath the floor of each of the each of the seats. One night, one of our Tom Cochran was driving and he was because he wasn't drinking, because he was sick. So we pull up just how you're picturing that us pulling up in that bus. We pull up to this party and timorrow he's the first one out of the vand he hops out and throws up on.
Speaker 4: The floor and crown.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, the Wims have just showed up. This sober driver just jumped out and chunned its powerful some actual sporting news.
Speaker 3: Our dear friend Lulu Sun continues to.
Speaker 1: And I hate this, but this is every every newspaper at the moment's trying to shoehorn the same gag in that the sun is shining at Wimbledon.
Speaker 4: I thought it would have been the rise of the sun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rising sun. Yeah, I don't mind that anyway.
Speaker 1: She has one again surge to her second round comeback over another qualifier, Julius.
Speaker 3: Ever, the long short of all.
Speaker 1: Of that is she's into the next round, the third round, and she's earned three hundred thousand dollars for her efforts, which.
Speaker 4: Is that's a good that's that's a solid day's work.
Speaker 3: That's good eating. Yeah, that is good eating.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited that we've got I love when we've got individual athletes like this, a tennis players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, jump on board wholeheartedly, and hey, you need to you need to you need to wind this back this next update here.
Speaker 3: The tall Blacks, yes speak Croatia. Yeah. I did not see that coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and didn't because yesterday you absolutely laid into them. No, they're going to get a pant scene.
Speaker 1: I thought they were, and right up until about three minutes left to go they were losing as well. They went on like a twelve point run to close it out at the end. It was outrageous. I was watching it this morning. Shaye Iley absolutely cooked this dude. His name is Avitsa Zubatz. They call him Zubuka. He plays for the Clippers and the NBA is seven feet tall. He actually scored thirty points in this game, but old shae Iy took him to the hoop, went reverse layup, and the other guy went stumbling out of bounds, stood on his foot in his shoe, cam flying off. I'm shy early, I'm posting that everywhere. I'm getting a photo of that printed out that's up on my wall. So yeah, they beat Croatia. Croati had two or three NBA players.
Speaker 4: And so they need to beat Slovenia tonight with Luka Doncic and they're in.
Speaker 1: The throw to the knickt round. Of course there's still more qualifiers, I believe.
Speaker 4: And at this point, at which point are the New Zealand Olympic Committee game, Well it would have.
Speaker 1: Been now, yeah, because there's no way that they thought they were going to be I mean, I didn't think they were going to beat Croatia.
Speaker 4: How many flights is that? You've got how many people in in a full basketball squad, including you know, backroom staff, you've got your coaches.
Speaker 3: You'd be twenty five to thirty probably that is.
Speaker 4: You know when you're seeing Tom Walsh, you're seeing Tom Walsh and as trainer yeah too, and you've seen some of his kit, you know, Zoey Hobbs maybe a trainer in physio yeah, and your coach mate Max four yeah, and so basketball they're like they're going to have that twenty five.
Speaker 1: So there's like twelve, there's twelve in the playing day squad, So then there'd be big like fifteen to eighteen and the roster. Yeah, plus you'd have a coach, two assistants, physiers.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, I'm happy to do a whip around. Oh yeah, I mean if they if they qualify, then yeah, I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Everyone was riding them off. They were like, Pira, Cameron's not you know, the team's not going well. Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: You watch you watch New Zealand basketball in the next ten years though, Yeah, you look the amount of kids that are playing at the moment and kids that are.
Speaker 1: Are so good.
Speaker 4: Oh, we've got outrageous athletes. Yeah, you just watched That's I reckon. That's a space to I think.
Speaker 1: I think it's a population thing though for us, because in basketball, as long as the hoop is ten feet off the ground, the tallest people on earth are going to have an advantage.
Speaker 3: And so it's just a percentage.
Speaker 1: We've only got five million people, So what's the percentage of dudes that we have that are over seven feet? I think there's only one and he is in the NBA, Steven Adams. So I think that's by that logic though, China should be way better than they are. Yeah, social India, sociald India. I think they've had one player apiece in both those two places. But anyway, Yeah, they play Slovenia tonight, which is Luka Doncic in them, so that's going to be pretty tough tough ass. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm also in the NBA. I would have heard last couple of days that the Celtics have got the for sale sign out. So two weeks after winning the NBA, a group that owns them have said we're up for sale.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bill Simmons was on his podcast and I can't understand why they'd want to sell it right now, like it's never going to be higher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if you read into the details, I don't know, if you read that article around, you know they've got two of the most expensive players in the NBA three hundred million season for the next four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the NBA has just changed the way that the salary cap works, where you pay way more if you go over. But they're in this weird position where they because they drafted all of their players, they can pay them way more, but it also pushes them into this massive tax bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because over their wage bills over a billion US and you know, like, this's got this luxury tax over there that is looking punishing. But I mean saying that the guys who bought it, they bought it for three hundred and twenty million back in two thousand and two, and the reports then where they're massively.
Speaker 1: Overspent two hundred million, Yeah, three.
Speaker 4: Hundred and three million, twenty million, and it's now the rumors Art's going to sell between five and six billion.
Speaker 3: I think that, Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 4: But as one of those legacy franchises is that the Yankees, there's the Celtics, you know, the Lakers, The Lakers is about five or six, a handful of Kid Dallas, Cowboy New Zealand Warriors, yes, kind of the you know the way Cattle Chiefs. There's only a handful of these legacy brands that are worth that much.
Speaker 1: So I mean, yeah, there's I think a couple of sold, A couple of franchises have sold in the last sort of five years or so. I think the Suns might have been the most recent one that was around the three billion dollar mark. Yeah, and that's the Phoenix Suns, which is like whokires.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michael Jordan got out of the Wizards, didn't he the Hornets, Hornets. Yeah, he owned the Hornets. Yeah. So yeah, I mean, god, it's stack's eye ordering amounts of money. I can't even figure out how much five billion is. How much more than three hundred million? That's one hundred million, that's a thousand million million.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's six of them, six thousand million. I don't know, man, a lot of coin. It's a lot of coin. But yeah, that's yeah, they're out obviously their investment company because most of the people that have got these franchises now are either investment companies or kind of the hedge fund consortium and sortiums. Yeah, they've got a few names in there because they can put out.
Speaker 1: Because what they'll do is they'll put together a group of about five or six dudes, we're all worth billions each, and then also a rapper or you know, play like who's our man, not Derek Jeter, the other guy who's banging Jayal anyway, A rod Alex Rodriguez, he's in one of them. A Dwayne Wade owns part of I think the Minnesota Timberwools.
Speaker 4: You've got to got to have a straw man.
Speaker 1: Jay Z.
Speaker 3: Everyone was like, oh, jay Z owns the Nets. No, he didn't know.
Speaker 4: He's got a season's passing about a one percent. Shit, that's exactly what he had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like, I don't know, So it'd be funny to find out who it'll probably be Bill Simmons. It'll be like, yeah, six billionaires and Simmons now own the Celtics.
Speaker 4: I kind of find it's so it's so bizarre going into the world of American franchises and sports and then coming back to New Zealand and looking at a rugby union that's lost forty million dollars or whatever, and you've got scratching around to pay players one hundred grand to play rugby professionally. It's like, oh my god. With such small fry, who owns the Blues. They're all still owned by the rugby Union of majority Is, but you can have certain private investors like Islanders have. I think Mark Allis has got a few people together and I think they own forty percent. Rugby union will still got the controlling percentage of all of them.
Speaker 1: Been that off.
Speaker 4: They tried to and it didn't work.
Speaker 1: If you had private owners like that'd be way more incentivized to make the game get big.
Speaker 4: Bull Foley in here and rename the Oakland Blues the Auckland Blue Knights.
Speaker 1: So who would own it? So Mark Allis I think would be hands down the owner of the Highlanders. Who would be the Crusaders? Maybe Richie would buy it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's a guy there's the Polar Capital guys. He based down there, you know the guy bought he You need like a local rich dud who just got a lot of cash.
Speaker 1: Now, but I'm saying who would you want to Oh so no, who's who's your front guy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So basically the Dean's family would buy the franchise and he would front it.
Speaker 1: Dean's family, Yeah, absolutely, that'll be down there in christ.
Speaker 4: Church, Wellington. You want Bob Jones to buy the Hurricanes. You didn't ever do it because he's a league man. Yeah, but then you're to front it. You want tana Umaga.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah? Who for the Chiefs? Dwayne Monkey?
Speaker 4: Oh my god if Flamee Monkely is headed that up. But you need maybe you need the Beaver, Patrick Hogan, the Hogan family, Oh, Hogan family, the horse racing You need a big horse racing family to buy the Chiefs. And then Led by Marty Holler, Dwayne Monkely and Beaver. Yeah, as they can sort him.
Speaker 1: There and then the Bluesbee Carlos, Yeah, it'll be the mobra Michael Michael Jones, the Zuru guys to buy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they will try and put Ali Williams out as the front man, but he's already doing the So Michael Jones, you've got to throw You got to throw the iceman. Yeah, chuck the iceban in there. H. I think they were sort of look again, we've sold rugby in this country.
Speaker 1: We weren't even to I have had my sources children held hostage for quite some time. Now are they back? Okay?
Speaker 4: Is this back on the table?
Speaker 1: It's back on the table now. Do they have as many fingers as they did when I got hold of them, No, they have as many ears. No, But this is their last chance, right and you've got your sources. My sources have come through with what I believe to be the team raiser is going to name them.
Speaker 3: The beauty of this is you.
Speaker 1: Listening at home will already know by the time you hear this what the actual team was, So you'll know the fate of these children when you hear it.
Speaker 4: So basically they're kind of complicit in the torture.
Speaker 1: Yes you are, Okay, after the break, we're all going down together. After the break, I'm going to reveal Razors team for twenty twenty four's first Test match against England. All right, I have does my last my sources last chance. Okay, Right, So if you get this wrong, people get hurt. Like are we talking concrete slippers situation?
Speaker 4: Look, I don't want to say what's going to happen in people. All right, Okay, hit me with it and I'll I'll give my feedback.
Speaker 1: Here's what my sources are telling me that raises about. And now again the front row we are I'm doing. We're recording this at ten thirty two in the morning, by the way, So I don't know what the team is, but I have heard that it's going to be Ethan Dgrout, Cody Taylor, Tyrell Lomax. Yep. Can't argue with that. I can't argue with that either, because there's a story about Ethan Dgrut in the paper and how excited he is to play.
Speaker 4: He's the only Highlander in the team. I think he's going to play. Okay, Yep, Patrick two blot even chart in one news.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: On form has to start, on form has to start. Knee concerns. If he says he's sweet, he's sweet, to raise it. Scott Barrett yep, dog Roll yep. Captain Obviously, I'm hearing Ethan Blackadder at six. Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I would not be surprised given the links he has to the Crusaders and to Razor.
Speaker 1: Yes, but on form you would probably go femal Anyway, I'm hearing Blackadder, Dalton Papalali at seven. Yeah, the incumbent, I guess Artie Savier at eight. Yep. I'm hearing TJ. Petanata to start. That is what I'm hearing to start. I've read stories saying that Raza has challenged him to make this his second you know, does his second opportunity. We need a leader out there, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only the only I'd look at that. They've got plenty of leaders, I'd say, Christy. No, well, I was going to say, I was going to say Cortes at mat has he got the combination with Damie mackenzie or do they do that for the second test if they win the first?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know any that's what I'm hearing, TJ. I'm hearing Damien McKenzie at ten. I don't think anyone would argue with that. I'm hearing Princess Teleia at eleven yep, I'm hearing Jordie Beart at twelve yep. Ricca you only at thirteen? Yeah, Sevu Reese at fourteen yeah, and Bowden Beirut will be the fifteen. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, i'd ain't mind net. I mean, I hear there's a few injury issues with jebe the butt. Oh was it with Caleb Clark. He's apparently there's a few nickeles here. So that backline, I could I can't argue with that. That one. That's some pretty dangerous outside backs. And Talia and Reese very slippery, a very slippery, and.
Speaker 1: The bench are more to mighty Williams flitch and you'll to both weight yep, Summer Penny female will be coming off the bench. Fin Lay Christy obviously, Stephen Peter Fetter and Antonine Lennard Brown will be covering the back line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's half back and blindside for me are an issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think they'll be wrong?
Speaker 4: That could be banana skins Wow. Not for the children's sake, Yes, for the children's sake.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right. I hope I'm right now something that we started a few weeks ago that I am thoroughly enjoying. And it's something that you do when whenever you're at the pub where you're on a road trip, it's just sitting around talking about old teams. Yep. This is a segment I like to call throwback Thursday and today I would like to throw back to the last time that the All Blacks played England at Terrisbrook, which was two thousand and four, which is way twenty years ago. Yeah, twenty years ago and way later than I thought. When I asked Joe Jury in the office, he said I would have been like ninety. No, it was two thousand and four.
Speaker 4: The last time England played in Donedin was twenty years No.
Speaker 3: No, at Carrasbrook.
Speaker 4: At Carasbrook. Yeah, I loved Karrasbrook.
Speaker 1: Back in the day. My auntie and uncle used to live up on the hill, so from their kitchen you could see the game. You couldn't really see what was going on, but at halftime they'd let people into the ground. So me and my cousins are going to sit outside and then wait till half time and then just go and watch the second half.
Speaker 3: I've told the story before.
Speaker 1: One day me and my dad went down to Kerasbrook painted our faces. He went ridden black for Canterbury and I went on the other way around. He went blue and yellow because I went ridden black. But we grabbed like fence paint and it's set. By halftime. We turned around and looked at each other and neither of us could move our faces.
Speaker 4: So we had to get that off with turpentins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like honestly, it was like an hour in the bathroom, like over the laundry sink, just scrape. You basically had to scratch it off. Couldn't come off. So anyway, the long short of that is check your paint for your paint your faces. Here's how the teams lined up on that day back in two thousand and four. Yeah, thirty six thousand people and attended. Sir Graham Henry was the coach. Sir Clive Woodward the coach for England. The All Blacks team reads Dusty Mills, Mulliena, Doug Howlett on one wing, Tara Umanger, Dan Carter at second five. Oh, Joe kor Thokor was on the other wing and Carlos Spencer Man.
Speaker 4: That's a hot back line. That is as a hot hot back line. Spencer Lock, Carter Umanger, Howlett Mullyina.
Speaker 1: The frosted tips of Justin Marshall and the number nine Jersey, Xavier Rush, Richie McCourt, John o'.
Speaker 4: Gibbs, Big John o' gibbs. Yeah, there's a throwback. Yeah, we'll keep the throwbacks. Keith Robinson beg a throwback. It's the chiefs manner there, Gibbs and Robinson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris Jack was in there as I loved when we had Chris Jack and Ali Williams is our locking combination there. I think that was at the two thousand and seven World Cup. I was like Norm Maxwell was in the rotation as well. So these guys are two meters tall, just pass them the ball because every time they fall over, we make two meters.
Speaker 3: So why don't we just pack the team out all black? Number one thousand.
Speaker 1: Carl Hayman was in the front row alongside Kevin Mirlamu and Case Mues.
Speaker 3: A hell of a team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, it's hell of a back line. I'd say that probably not the strongest food power.
Speaker 1: Front row, Yeah, front row good, Carl Hayman, Kevin Melamu case muse. The hits keep coming on the bench as well. Andrew Whore, Tony Woodcock, Jerry Collins, how's he on the bench?
Speaker 4: I know, I know, gibbs keeping out Jerry Collins.
Speaker 3: Just keep the Jerry Collins.
Speaker 4: Maybe that was that must have been a shower situation, like I can't pick s Graham. He Andry's like I can't pick drop your pants because John O. Gibbson won every time he is packing heat. That's the only reason I can think of. I've seen Jerry Collins with.
Speaker 1: That bull whip as well.
Speaker 4: That's saying something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your man Marty holler on the bench as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah there's a holler.
Speaker 1: Ye your other man boring Kalahara on the bench. Oh man, what a what a beach?
Speaker 4: I want to drink beers with this bench?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nick Evans was in there covering every position in the back line, and Slam and Sammy two to Poe was on there as well.
Speaker 3: And hell of a team.
Speaker 1: Back in two thousand and four.
Speaker 4: Here is that is a hell of a team. A lot of characters in that team. Yeah, a hell of a lot of personalities in that team.
Speaker 1: You know, even Tanner, who you know is sort of like a statesman of New Zealand. But he did hit Chris Massoy over the head with a Handburg he did.
Speaker 5: And you've got you know, Carlos Spencer, Justin Marshall Dougie style, Dougie style, got Keith Robinson who post career got gotten a bit of a scrap at a campground. Currently young, a young Dan Carter, Yeah, Andrew Whare, Jerry Collins of Brian.
Speaker 1: Keller Yeah, and Slam and Sam Yeah. As a hell of a team, Dan Carter. In this game, it was thirty six points to ten. By the way, Dan Carter scored twenty one points, three conversions, five penalties. Oh and it was only.
Speaker 3: Blues players who scored tries.
Speaker 1: Carlos Spencer, Joe Rocathoko and Doug Hawlett all dotting down on the other side of the ledger. Josh Lucy was the fullback. Yeah, James Simpson. Daniel Tendall was still on the team around here. He did well himself, didn't he. Mike Tindall, Mike Tendall and Mike Katt were the cent appearance and so Mike Catt what got run over by Jonah in ninety five? Yeah, he was still playing in two thousand and four, still trying to make up for it. The white Jonah Ben Cohen was on there when they labeled him the white Jonah Relac.
Speaker 4: Can you say that the other way though?
Speaker 1: What the brown bean color? Yeah? Yeah, anyway, I don't know if you can. Gay Charlie Hodgson was the first five eight, Matt Dawson was the half back, Big Laurie Delo at number eight, Mick Keel deak Hell openside flaker, Chris Jones, Danny grew A cock At Locke, Simon Shaw, Julian White, Steve Thompson, Trevor Woodman. The bench is basically.
Speaker 4: Steve Borthwick, c current coach.
Speaker 1: He was on the bench, so do you Yeah? He was. He was there all those days, all those years ago. So that was the team that the last time that they played at Carrasbrooket. I think they only played a handful of games after that. I feel like the last game was against like Fiji or something.
Speaker 4: Ars Brooklyn eighty sixteen. That's that's a bit of a.
Speaker 1: Hiding there was a hider. Yeah, do we read anything into that? Should we say, Steve Borthwick, last time you were here and you played against the All Blacks Anddneeda how to go?
Speaker 3: You got dusted? Does that hang over you? Will you think about that to know?
Speaker 1: If we come across Steve Borthwick tomorrow, we'll remind him. Okay, you do it. I'm not big enough because the All Black's absolutely toled him. Yeah. So that was the team back in two thousand and four, and that was another throwback Thursday. All right, we're going to take a quick break. We have six of your feedbacks to get through, and yours please right after this.
Speaker 2: Yours please brought to you by leader.
Speaker 3: As I mentioned six of them to get through, we'll get straight into it. Are they nice?
Speaker 4: Are they nice? I'm feeling a bit vulnerable today and they're nice?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fun. First caller, play nice your spars.
Speaker 4: I got a question for him and I and I used to be a boner.
Speaker 1: Mm I'll recently be a feed of my dog bones.
Speaker 6: Really smell like milk?
Speaker 2: Have you ever noticed that?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Fuck that counter?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I was, in a formal lifetime a boner.
Speaker 4: What's the calcium, isn't it? I presume so it's the calcium and bones. Is it the calcium and milk?
Speaker 3: I will say, though, because I used to.
Speaker 1: If you're the way the freezing works works will work, then I'm sure it's the same today. There's like a band saw at the top of the table and there'd be a swarman standing there and head cut it into manageable chunks, goes down the convey about you pick it up. If you were closest to the saw, you would just get showered in bone dust, which smells like burning here. It was a revolting and it just gets into into your paws. You'd have like a here nit type situation on face mask. No, not a face mask, although if you had a beard, you would have to wear like a they called it a snood, you know, like the skiing masks that you have where it's only your eyes sticking out. So no one, no one ran a beard or anything like that. But just the smell of burning bone that would just soak into your paws all over your clothes. I gotta be honest, never sniffed the bones while I was there, just just cut them out of the animals.
Speaker 4: That's all I did ask a question. Not really sporting. It's sports adjacent, but the.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know. I don't I've never noticed the similarity. But I presume, like you say, it's the calcium. Here's a fun fact, not sports related. White dog shit. You never see it anymore. When was the last time you saw white dog shit? You probably haven't seen it a long.
Speaker 4: Time, in a long time. I just presumed it was frozen stuff.
Speaker 3: No, it's not frozen.
Speaker 1: That was because they used to put way too much calcium and dog food and the dogs couldn't process. It's when they shudded out.
Speaker 3: It was just white chalk like chalk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, a great Dane used to chalk up the lawn.
Speaker 7: Heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. White dog shit. You don't see it anymore, you know. We dogs another call here?
Speaker 8: Yeah, gooday, guys, it's Billy Long here. What about Lebron dressed as the Michelin man. I'm sure they're baked through an interesting one. I still don't think I could let it b Yeah, fust Cagory.
Speaker 4: Nah, this is the I still don't think you'd beat him. He dressed up in whatever. No, like even the michelin Man. He's still six foot nine or whatever, and he's still got the athletic ability. He's just in a big fat suit.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is I'm built like the michelin Man.
Speaker 1: So it's not really even. It's just yeah, it's just leveling the playing field a little Bit's funny you mentioned that my dad just missed me and said eight year old Michael Jordan beats ten year old Lebron James.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that because he was a late bloomer, Michael Jordan. He was in college when he because he was regarded as being too short, and then in college he grew like a half a foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, famously didn't make his high school team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whereas Lebron was in the NBA at the same age. So I think, Yeah, anyway, we digress. Get again. Another caller here at yours please.
Speaker 1: A fowlers Drew Peacock here, just filling up from an yeah about sports being on too late to watch?
Speaker 4: What about kids sports on a Friday evening for a hard work at work?
Speaker 6: It's on a few besies at the yard.
Speaker 4: The flowers and you've got to go and heard seven cats around the field for forty minutes master three Saturday morning.
Speaker 7: Anne, AnyWho, fuck Corraka.
Speaker 3: That's a real digg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't expect that it's South Auckland. I suppose North Hamilton County Counties.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, that's obviously coming from a coach because there's a lot of young ripper teams kind of you know your J six, J seven, J eight.
Speaker 1: They're moving them to Friday.
Speaker 4: Nights and as a parent, it rules, Oh it does, because they open the bar in the clubhouse and the kitchen, so on a Friday after a week's work, you just roll down the clubhouse, get a jug, order three burgers and you're sorted. You don't have to worry about cooking dinner or anything. Saying that, I feel for Drew Peacock there because he's got a coach, and I always feel sorry for those coaches because it is like hurting fourteen cats, especially that younger ripper age with it as you know which direction they're running, you can't. And the worst thing is because when I do it with cricket, you look on the sideline everyone's crushing beers and you're like fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: And this is the thing is like he long week, you would have gotten through all sorts of you back to the yard. Everyone's ripping into the beers and you're like, I gotta go a coach. It's the same feeling as when you used to get held back at school and all your mates throughout playing at lunchtime and you're inside.
Speaker 4: But saying that, good on you, Drew for volunteering to coach the team, because it's actually quite hard to find people to commit to that. So you're doing a good community service even though you don't like karaka God bless you another caller here, your.
Speaker 7: Splits, all the negativity. Just get along?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah that's true. And why can't we all get along? It's famously said in the La Riots way back in the day, why can't we just all get along? On when Rodney was his name, Rodney Rodney King, Rodney King. Yeah, he said why can't.
Speaker 1: We just all get along?
Speaker 3: I don't know what that was in reference to, but I appreciate this intiment.
Speaker 1: I think it was more around.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a lot of funks South Canterbury and now there's a lot of fuck lower heart, fuck upper heart. And and just recently from Drew Karka. I mean, I think that's what he's meaning. Why can't we just all just get along?
Speaker 1: It was never an option. It was never an option. A couple more here we go back to the phone lines call of yours please, Hey.
Speaker 6: Fella, has just been watching that Americans Hearts the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders doco. I'm sure mainly for women in short shorts, but actually quite enjoyed it. Anyway, raises a question, do the ac C need cheerleaders or with Matt he's just pissed around them too much anyway, Fucking Northotager.
Speaker 1: I agree with that one. I hate north Otager.
Speaker 4: That's pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've always looked at that doco on Netflix and just bypassed it because I know my my partner is going to walk in on me and I'm going to be watching a doco on the Dallas Cowgirls. So I'm waiting for a time when potentially I'm on my own, and that hasn't been for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm the same as yours, like my missus out to play nipple or something like afterward because she's out for a drink and I'm at home, that's when I watch my sports stockers.
Speaker 4: But also if you don't watch all of it, she's going to go onto Netflix and say, you know things you've been watched. It's the first one and you've only like.
Speaker 1: Halfway through it. What are you watching this for? I love I just love sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, but getting back to the cheerleaders up like, I don't think a commentary team really needs.
Speaker 3: It would be another world first, though it would be a.
Speaker 4: Pointless world first, as the raising the point around Matt Yes would be a potential issue as well, But he is a happy, happily in a relationship and a long term relationship now, so I think that would negate any pist. I mean Fan Caddie, one of our producers.
Speaker 1: Also in a long term relationship, but he is Pythagoras.
Speaker 4: He's always running an angle.
Speaker 1: That's great nickname. What I thought of it? Um, alright, no they call here's.
Speaker 8: A fact check.
Speaker 7: Tid Ge Lane was correct to Greek freaks. To Bradis and the I'm not even going to try and say their last names. Only one of them is a freak, but they're both freaked by blood relation. One's just living off the other ones fame, I.
Speaker 4: Thought, because the reason is that what you meant when you said two freaks, because I remember watching the All Stars weekend in both there was both Antis. There was two of them.
Speaker 3: Well, not to reverse fact check, but there's actually three of them.
Speaker 4: Are they all in the NBA?
Speaker 3: They were?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the other two like only Yannis is good. Also, not to check it again, but it's the Nessus, Notas, and the other one is called Costas. Anyway, the long short of it is the other tour only in the NBA because they used as bait to try and get Jannis onto your team, so they'll keep but like but like Bronnie, but like Bronnie. So literally, the Golden State Warriors just signed I think the Nessus to their team and they like, here, boy, yeah, you want to play with your brother here, boy, well your brother with Stiff Cary.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be awesome if you came played with Stiff Carry as well?
Speaker 4: He's good dude, great guy.
Speaker 1: Jeseus a good three point shooter game, a whole lot easier for living living in San Francisco with you invest in some tech companies. Yeah, but yeah, anyway, it doesn't make the job any easier for the tourlbacks if they were to come up against them. Yeah, but I don't think you can say that just because your brother's with the Greek freak, that you're some kind of freak as well, you know.
Speaker 4: And Greece you'd be a freak, I reckon because they're all over seven.
Speaker 1: Foot yeah true. Yeah. I mean if if the NASA Center too good Bo walked in here right now, we'll be like, freak, why are you so tall? You freak? Yeah, I don't mind it, all right, that'll do us for today. We'll be back tomorrow live from Daneta, and the head of the pre game pre games on Saturday will be down there tomorrow furying people to and from so the airport. So if you are flying into the need and tomorrow from wherever it is that you may be, fireus a message open on Instagram and we might be able to come out and pick you up in the old bus. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna be hanging around the airport and just filling it, filling the bus in because it is a long way into town. We'll save you some money. Yeah, and also we'll probably check an export. I'll try on your face, so nice who nice. It's the only one way to find out. So yeah, fo us a message.
Speaker 1: If you're hanging around and need and say gooday, come down and see us at the Kensington. I think we'll be there Friday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are from Sex thirty as well.
Speaker 1: From Friday night, come see.
Speaker 3: Us, Come come see us on Saturday and other than that, we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio form you'll get your podcasts