Speaker 1: The Flavor podcast.
Speaker 2: Network Island Roots Auckland Ways.
Speaker 3: This one's for the Brown brothers and sisters who want to be one with themselves, their culture, their identity, their roots. This is Island Roots Auckland Ways.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, and welcome back to Island Roots Auckland Ways. What's up a lisser?
Speaker 3: Literally not that much?
Speaker 1: What's up with you? Mass? Yeah, same saying. But you know who's busy? Diamond Lungey.
Speaker 3: Diamond Luney is so busy girl.
Speaker 1: She is that girl the way that she is that level of busy, but comes into the studio looking as flawless as she did.
Speaker 3: No, she looked amazing. Can't wait for you guys see the social clips because she looks timming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, laid face, beat dress, body giving.
Speaker 3: Oh body is tea girl.
Speaker 1: And she has her debut single, keep You Here Out Now. It's such a meaningful track. It talks about the relationship with her and her late father, who she actually learns a lot of what she knows about music from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, such a special chat. It was awesome to see her talk about her dad and talk about her creativity as well. So we won't hold you back any longer. Here's our chet with Diamond Lungny. Welcome back to another episode of Island Roots Awkland Ways Today it also hapens your Tongue and Language Week. This won't be released during Tongue and Language Week, but feels apt that this queen is here today. Let's hear it for the one, the only, the multi hyphen it.
Speaker 1: Diamond Lungy Dylond Welcome to Island Roots Talkland Way Guys.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh girl, as of time of recording, you were just here. It sounds like you never left. Did you sleep downstairs?
Speaker 2: It just around the corner.
Speaker 1: Diamond, thank you so much for coming in back into the studio. As always, we like to share what we love about home. So whatever home is to you, whether you live, where you live or where you were raised, where you were born, or where you go off to to feel like home, what is it and what do you love about it? We'll start off first. What I love about home this week is the food. Girl. I I just like eating, so that pantry at home is always stocked with my snacks and trust I will be there. I still believe I will be there.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love the kitchen at mine. We love the kitchen at yours. Actually, actually, anywhere I go, I be eating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Period.
Speaker 1: I was at Alissa's house. We were eating.
Speaker 3: We were actually, yes, we were period.
Speaker 1: And I don't do the cooking.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did it.
Speaker 3: We made our mom cook. From my mom sorry to like, she's your mountain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She basically is what I love about home this week. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm so I come from a lineage of like such cool people, Like my mum is so epic. So I feel like what I love about home this week is my mom, but then also all the people who've come before her, all the people who have come before my dad. Just thinking this week, I've been reflecting a lot on my ancestors and how epoch the people are in my family, and so what I love about home is family connections. Yeah, it was really. I got to hang out with my mom and my godmother the other day. We had like a little girl's night out together, and I was just looking at them both and just thinking, I hope, I'm like that's cool when I'm old. I hope that I'm still hanging out with my friends. I hope that we're still talking about those times like twenty years ago, we were back out in South Aukland and la la lah. But yeah, I think that's what I love about home this week. What about you, girl?
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. What I love about home is the opportunity to just come back into your safe space and rest. I'm a sleepy girl, like I love sleeping.
Speaker 3: We love to sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, like on my days off, Like it's so funny, I go into this little shell, like I call myself a little snail, and I just like take that time and opportunity to rest up, take care of my well being. And so when I come out of that show, I'm like, hello, birl.
Speaker 1: Is so important. I love sleeping. I love a good nap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who doesn't.
Speaker 1: Speaking of naps, how long are your guys nips? Because I feel like, oh I'm on the elder when.
Speaker 3: It comes to naps I have. I feel like I can't nap for longer than an hour?
Speaker 1: No you can't, Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: I also find it very hard to nap, like I'll rot and beard. But I'm billy sleeping. Oh yeah, but the most recent nap I had was about an hour.
Speaker 1: How about you, Diamond, how long are your naps.
Speaker 2: I just like, I feel like I remember taking a nap and it was like six hours sleep. When I say I'm I'm a sleepy girl, Like, sometimes my family get worried. I still.
Speaker 3: That's kind of a dream though. I would love to be under net for that long. Can you just like close your eyes and sleep?
Speaker 2: I can literally sleep anywhere, like as long as I'm warm. I'm just like, I just make myself.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, like a cute three hours. Oh okay, three hours is too long for you though, way yeah, see, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: And I was going to say, now, I'm gonna say it anyway, you don't really like talking to people and they're like, yeah, I'm just going to go for a nap, And then you're like, are you like ghosting me right now?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, are you using the as an excuse yeah to talk to me?
Speaker 3: But then usually they actually are nepping. Yeah, anyway, what's going on?
Speaker 2: How long are your naps?
Speaker 1: Like three hours max? Three to four hours? And also I can nap anytime of the day. I love napping near nighttime, which is so bad because that's like a sleep page. Yeah, but I just can't have like a midday nap like it has to be after lunch. After lunch is to be a kid. After you have a full belly, get yourself into bed, you're feeling warm, and then you got to sleep for a cute three or four hours. Mind, you had did that yesterday and it was very hard for me to actually sleep at night. But I did that to myself. That sucks hours. You go, girls, we've got sleeping beauty in Oh well, that is what we love about.
Speaker 3: Okay, girl, let's talk about living in Auckland. So your tongue in born in New Zealand but raised in the US. How do they compare?
Speaker 1: Hmmm?
Speaker 2: I would say it's hard to compare the two, yeah, because you know they're both different in their beautiful ways. But what I loved about coming back to New Zealand was you can just go to South Side and then you feel connected. You see all our people around. You know where I was living at Salt Laic City, Utah. You still see our people, but it's with special events like if there's like a Pacific a festival or a reggae concert, that's when you see everyone come together. So coming to New Zealand and just we can just take a drive and be connected. I love that, like and I got so excited. I got tiri when I went when I first came back and I went out South, I was like, I love this. It came like a long time ago. So yeah, it's so beautiful. And of course, like the food is different, you know, like the people is different as well too, in terms of like the African American community, the Hispanics, it's you know, coming here, you'll see a few, but it's not as much as in America. Yeah, and of course comparing like the Pacific Islanders in America, we have so many, you know, and where there it's it's like quite rare to find like certain different groups. So yeah, they have their own different beauties and their own unique ways. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What prompt did that move back to New Zealand Because you see it off Mike, you moved back when you were like s even team.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, so back because my grandfather got sick and my mom wanted to be close to her dad and was like, yeah, why not. I mean they said why not? But you know at that time, like I.
Speaker 1: Know, because you would have been a teenager, then you're leaving your life behind. Did that freak? You out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was so sad because, like, your senior year in high school is.
Speaker 1: Huge usually America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my reference to that is like high school, which is like huge, such a beautiful movie, but it's like such a big event, like it's not important.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, like you know, we're planning like the graduations, like dances and everything. And then when my mom broke the news to me, I was sad, But then, you know, I wanted to be there from my mom, you know, like having a father that's sick or in any like parent that's sick, that would have been really hard for her. So coming back the transition and moving like I started high school was so difficult.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then I'm so thankful we did make that move. Yeah, a blessing in disguise.
Speaker 1: Tell us about those early stages in New Zealand. Was it an adjustment to the culture and the society here as opposed to you know, living most of your life in Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Like enrolling back into high school here, like I was not used to wearing a uniform, you know, we couldn't wear certain things I was not used to, like not wearing nail polish and ear rings, and we just had to wear what we were told to wear and follow the lines. So I went from like being a good girl in high school in America to coming back and like into New Zealand. I was like always in the detention I was wearing something wrong. They're like, you're wearing their polish, your hair is wrong, or like.
Speaker 1: You know, so strict about that stuff here, so strict, especially on the girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I went to an old girls Catholic school and it was like it needs to be this length, no jewelry, you can only wear this kind of Nicholas. If you are going to wear a Nicholas, like you have to put your hair up this way. So strict.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember at primary school they were so strict about the color of the hair tis Oh wow, yeah, so black or maroon or navy, Like how does that even relate to that you're doing in that classroom? Oh my gosh, oh wow. But now you've been here for so many years, do you see yourself going back to America.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say no, because I don't know what the future holds. But I love New Zealand so much, and you know, when the time comes and I become a mother, I'll love to raise my children here because I feel like there's just so much culture and I want them to be surrounded by our people and learn, you know, like we're so thankful to have people like you and listen and Maz who know, like my kids might want to come up and they want to do radio. They have people like you guys to look up to, and I want them to see representatives. So yeah, I don't know yet, so but at the time being, I just I want to be based here in New Zealand. It's lovely, beautiful love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have your beautiful new at your new song, keep You Here. Tell us about the writing of the song. How did keep You Here come to be?
Speaker 2: Keep You Here came about when my father was in and out of hospital and me visiting him in the hospital and not really being able to talk to him and express my feelings at the time, and you know, having so much on your shoulders and in your heart, you don't want to be too emotional because it takes that little shift to happen in the room and everyone's crying, you know, everyone's really in that space where they're trying to come out of that sadness. But it was just trying to really have that uplifting attitude to celebrate my dad's life instead of just going into the hospital being sad constantly. So my outlet was music. I would be in the hospital write and then come back and then write. It was my place of letting how I feel out, and my outlet was music. So that's how it came about.
Speaker 1: Where did your relationship with music start.
Speaker 2: I believe it started when I was six? Oh wow, yeah, yeah, quite young. My father was a musician, and I grew up in a very creative family. My mom is a creative as well too, and I would see my father write a lot and play the instruments, and so that inspired me. But it's quite hilarious because I got six, you're writing about like fairies, yeah, you know, you know, all those cute things, but not realizing at the time, that was me being a creative and it really inspired my pen game. So when I hear a bet, what comes to me is like a word like I'll hear the rhythm and then like flowers, and then I'll write around flowers.
Speaker 1: Wow. What a talent that you developed at quite an early age. Is it something that carried on through your childhood? Teenagehood into adulthood or is that something you've only recently picked back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it continued throughout even when I was in different spaces of creativity. I was still writing, and I believe I have like more than like three four hundred songs. Wow, right, And sometimes I can't sleep, like like I have to write sometimes, Like that's why I probably take long.
Speaker 4: Naps because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like a bad product.
Speaker 3: Do you even have those moments? Because we're both writers, not songwriters, just writing like pros and stuff like that, do you I always had moments around like okay, please be quiet, I've just a sentence has come to mind. Do you ever have those moments where you're like, everyone shut up, I've got a song work.
Speaker 1: I have to write it down.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, because I feel like those are the moments like I am a believer, your guardian angels are sending you messages, so you quickly write it down before like it goes back to Yeah. So I'm like sorry, guys, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: You to excuse myself for a second. Why was now the right time to release the single?
Speaker 2: I feel I have the confidence, yeah, where back in the days, I'm confident in other spaces but with music, I always had that fear, and I was like, because I feel like music is where a lot of people would see me and see sides they haven't really seen. Yes, they'll see that in acting, but that's if I get given that character. Where music you tell so many stories and you have that creative freedom, and it's not just bubbly stories. There's some dark and gloomy moments, and when you tell those stories, you're putting out your vulnerability. And I had that fear because I was so used to, like being in a space of modeling and pageantry. I was so used to putting a facade. I knew what had to wear in certain spaces. But with music you can't do that, and acting as well. You have to really tell the story and you have to tell it truthfully, and it can be hard, and you might put it out and people are like what in the world, But that's our responsibility as artists to put it out and you might save someone's life with sharing your story.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: It's an incredibly personal story, this one keep you here? Were they nerves and the lead up to the release of the song, because this is about you and your late father and his health, which is a story that I would like to think because quite guided to your heart. So were you nervous? Were they feelings of like, oh, I don't know if I want to put this out now, Like what was going through your head?
Speaker 2: I feel like the process leading up to it, I felt so ready okay, and I felt this calmness. But I felt like that was my dad guiding me, like he's like, I got you, because he could see like I was kind of moving back into the space of like, no, let's just wait, let's just wait, let's go back into that comfortability. But my I don't know what it was. My dad said to me before he left, He's like, you'll never ever feel alone. And I've never felt alone, Like even moments I felt fear or I felt like, oh, maybe I'm not good enough for this role or maybe for this opportunity, I felt like my dad was right there beside me and that confidence. I was like, no, actually, no, this is the right time. So in terms of that, no, I wasn't nervous to tell my story. But it just hit me a couple of days ago where the song was about to drop. Yeah, and it was I believe it was after coming here, and I was doing an interview with you and I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, And then I was like, oh my gosh, the song is coming and I was like wow, like it hit me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it didn't hit me before because I was so into the writing and telling the story. And now I was like, oh my gosh, I'm getting ready to release the song, don't.
Speaker 1: And now it's out. The song keep Me Here is available on all streaming platforms. How do you feel, Diamond? I feel free, so like a weight lifted off your chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How long is it a song being like sitting in your vote for.
Speaker 2: A year and a half? Wow? Yeah. And I have songs that's been like sitting for like eighteen years years. But I feel free. I'm like, oh my gosh, I can breathe. But then it's like, oh I got more stories?
Speaker 1: Yes, girl. Are we already onto the next lot of music?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah. I'm in the space of like getting ready to film the next music video. Excited. But it's just fun and just you know, I'm not worried about if it's going to be a popular song or like if it's trending. I feel for me as an artist, it's just about telling the story. You know what I mean. I'm interested in that artistry. So yeah, it's so exciting.
Speaker 1: How have your family received the release of the song? From your family here and in America and then Dona.
Speaker 2: They got so emotional because they know me as being a musician. Yes, and they've seen me grow up singing my whole entire life. And for them, it's kind of like, man, finally that she's had that courage to step out and just be seen. So they're happy. They cried when the song came out, and then they were also like, since where your family, what's the next song?
Speaker 3: Can you give us a previous.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to do right now, Diamond, Thinking about your father, how is grieving that loss been like for you?
Speaker 2: I fell into deep depression. Yeah, and it was a difficult time for me because I was trying to act like I was okay, but I wasn't. And I'm just thankful I had creativity to really save me because I didn't realize it until I lost my father that he was one And of course my mom as well to that really understands me and being a creative and I feel like you both can understand were not really understood by many people, and my father really got me. So when I lost him, I felt like I lost a lot of my creativity because every time I had like an idea, I could bounce back ideas with him. And it was the first time I really felt alone. Like my mom was there, yeah, and she would support me in her own creative way, but my father was there for me in terms of music and bouncing off ideas and really just understanding the niche of that. So but I'm thankful that I really hit that rock bottom and really being alone, because really being alone with yourself really you have to confront certain dark parts of you that before you would hide. And then now it's like I've made friends with my dark side.
Speaker 1: My friend, You're in a bitter space now.
Speaker 2: That absolutely yeah, And I felt like my dad wanted me to feel that because you know, eventually, you know, with creativity and when you get given different roles and I'm gonna be telling different stories, You're going to be reliving, relieving that, reliving certain moments in your life that are in that realm. So not running away from me, And she's like, yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask, actually because I feel like releasing a song, creating a music video like that for me, if I was still on my grief journey, would be so so emotionally charged and really like emotionally exhausting. And so the fact that in some way you're almost like reclaiming that aspect of creativity that you've and that relationship that you've always had with your dad. But has there ever been like while you were in the process of releasing or recording the music video you're like, oh my gosh, no, I can't do it. It's too hear me, too much emotion. Or have you always been like, no, I need to do this.
Speaker 2: I felt like if if I were in a different timeframe, maybe a couple of years ago, I would say, no, I don't feel like I'm ready. But what's so interesting, it's like it's quite fierce, this strive, And it's like, you know, people will name certain artists and I'm like, yeah, like I'll just reach out to them and they're like they get so like, oh, like do you know them? Or I'm I'm like, no, I don't, But that's what I love. Like I always go back to the storytelling of us Pacific Islanders of being great navigators and you know, like really learning to navigate those tough sees. You know, why can't we do the same in this aspect of creativity? And you know, I'll always look at people and be like, this is our family, but we're distant family. Let's just connect, you know, just like I reached out to you, listen, why not why not reach out to people? These are your families, you know, connects and let them help you tell your stories and also vice versa.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you don't only wear the singing hat. You also work in many different realms of the creative space. Tell us about pageantry, girl, how did you jump into that pageantry?
Speaker 2: I got into it there was a lady that I did a bit of modeling for and her name was Bo's Fashion, and she decided she wanted to enter a contestant that year for a competition called Miss Halalay. Yeah, and so that's how it came about. And she's like, do you want to compete in Miss Halala And for me, I was like, oh, because I've never really considered that. I was just really heavy in arts. And so I went and told my family and my family's like, oh, like they got shocked as well, said because they know the background that I come from. Yeah, and then it was quite a surprise. But also they were very supportive. They're like, just give it a go, give it a try. But it was so funny the year I did miss Haylala because I literally was like a comedy girl, Like I remember my sponsored being like, you gotta be a little bit more serious sitting there, like chatting and getting to know the girls, and that's when I knew. I was like, Oh, some consistents actually come really competitive.
Speaker 3: It's very real for them.
Speaker 1: I'm just here to say hi to everyone, get my photos, And what would be your words of advice to any girls wanting to take up pedgeantry? It feels like it's very is the era, this is the era girl, especially with I feel like she has taken pageantry to a whole Yeah, yeah, queen. What would be your words of advice because it seems like a very intimidating space.
Speaker 2: I would say, do it if you want to do it, do you know what I mean? And understand the responsibilities that come with wearing that crown, but also don't be afraid to be yourself. I feel like some girls feel like they need to be really polished and be well put together. But I always get I'm always interested in attracted to the girls who are quite like themselves. They're not afraid to be seen. So if you want to do it, be authentically you you know what I mean, And that's very beautiful within itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always think about pretty hurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like that's the like perception that a lot of us have, which is why it's so excited to actually talk to someone who's on a pageant or like see this kind of new era where it seems like people like the pageant girls actually like being around each other or like it's not Yeah, like I don't know, because we like fit. That's super toxic. Yeah, beating each other up back. What's your aspiration to be?
Speaker 1: Quickly diamond? Before we move on to our rapid fire, do tell us about your experience acting in the theater adaptation of Red, White and Brush. Just recently.
Speaker 3: Review review so good, like so so so good, and JP spotted me and I became the counselor person who was unimpressed.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was, like, I promise, I enjoying.
Speaker 3: But so good? What was tell us about it? It was your first time doing theater right.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was my first time having the opportunity to be in the theater space Boom. I loved it, and I would definitely say it was one of my highlights for this year. I just want to give a big shout out to the directors unabailable A Tai and Vela Mano South there for giving me the opportunity because you know, they are kings and queens in that theater.
Speaker 1: Street Beasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that visionary to bring a story to life, and I enjoyed it. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to work with that cast because everyone was so kind.
Speaker 1: Did you watch that video that they did and it was like, backstage, what's that?
Speaker 2: What was the song?
Speaker 1: You guys are lip syncing something?
Speaker 2: A working?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love he was working, but with like the spray what a.
Speaker 1: Cast honestly perfect people for those YEA so good? How was it working with those with those fools?
Speaker 2: I loved it. Everyone had big personalities and you would think we would clash, you know, but we didn't. We really gewed really well together. And that just comes back down to the directors, like really having that vision right, who would be the right cast to play these characters? A and b who would be the right people to play these characters and really gel together to really make this story come to life, which they did a perfect job doing. And I loved it. I really enjoyed it. And when it came to the last day, like we all cried.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's something about like the theater family that you create when you're putting on a show. It's so like, it's so heartbreaking when you have to leave each other because a lot of the times everyone's so busy. It is the last time you guys might be together in like a room, and it's just such a magical experience. So I'm so proud of you girl, the fact that it was your first time doing theater.
Speaker 2: She like, you guys can go into our bike. See I knew it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's a little girl. She's the actress. Allow, I just got a degree.
Speaker 3: It means nothing.
Speaker 1: I saw the crowds for it, man, I was packed. Oh so good. We love Pacific Excellence. I hope like there's another theater play like that that comes up, so surely, Yeah, there's so much popping up around. Yeah, we love we love Diamond. One last, Christian, how do you remain connected to your tongue and culture while living away from the islands. Is there a relationship that you are navigating or is there a balance there that you can find? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would say for me, I always reconnect by eating the food Kirian see and just like learning little things, whether it's the language, how to cook the food, you know, learning the history miss and the music.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm getting ready to also release tongue in music as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yes, yes, yes, I am here for it.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I can't wait. You know, the last tongue in song I did we saw was Wow. We released that twenty seventeen when the World Cup was here.
Speaker 1: Wow. So it's been a hot minute.
Speaker 2: It's been a hot minute. So yeah, can't wait. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it like the same process that you go through when recording a song in English? Or I does it come from a different place.
Speaker 2: I feel like writing tongue in comes from a different place. It feels quite more heavier, my MafA, like words like sink in a bit deeper.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that's what it's important to sing.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: It's yes, we can sing English songs, but we if your tongue in or if you're smuring if you're mo, it's important to seeing songs in your native tongue as well.
Speaker 1: Oh we love that. We will be listening to that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, period, we are pre saving yes following on Spotify. Sorry, Diamond, I just want to mention that me and Diamond are cousins.
Speaker 1: I haven't mentioned that yet. We are both from local Uku and Tonga, So what do you know about us?
Speaker 2: Okay? I was so crazy. I just remember my saying you're from local Nuke because I'm so used to being from Are you from viny people? No, I'm from Viiny this village. But when he was like, I was like oh, and I was like, oh, I do you know people? And He's like, girl, are from I love that.
Speaker 3: It really is reconnecting with family, just like he was saying before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're excited nic breeds.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 1: I'm just agree because I don't know anything that young face Diamond. Speaking of the Kingdom, we are wanting to narrow down which tongue and delicacy is bitter to you, lotty horsy.
Speaker 2: Or lou like lou sipy or just lou by itself, just lott period. I'm gonna have to go Horsey.
Speaker 1: Have you tried before?
Speaker 3: No, it was offered to me once and I turned it down.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it'd be intimidating.
Speaker 3: One day though, with people that I trust, I would love.
Speaker 1: To try it maybe and Diamond to take you. How would you describe the taste of lot e Hossey.
Speaker 2: I feel like you will love it, like if it's cooked right. They will cook the meat so then it becomes really soft and chewable, where some people make it quite different. It's still a little bit hard. Yes, so it depends who's cooking it and also how they lot it.
Speaker 1: Charlie, this is Charlie for me. We're going to keep this big shout out to Charlie.
Speaker 2: Can come back in, Charlie.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. So Mars is from and Charlie is my cousin from Charlie.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to actually come at that. Please, we've got to keep this in. We've got to keep this recently come in unless I only recently tried cover.
Speaker 2: Yeah when today?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, like literally a few a few days ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome, Charlie brought me here into the studio.
Speaker 2: No, I wanted you to come in. I was like, Charlie is from by.
Speaker 1: Me Nickel, so we're practically here and the listeners family by Associations.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, thanks Bro.
Speaker 1: I was the cover they had covered this morning for breakfast. They had it early this morning.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: And Charlie's covers the best, apparently, said.
Speaker 3: Bro has cover once and there's cover dog.
Speaker 2: Now wow.
Speaker 1: How much should I pour?
Speaker 3: Just a little bit? I only had a step. It was differently for we flour it up for both of us.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: That's just too much.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's definitely enough, fellow, Yes, we'll share it. Come on, baby.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: You're like a fraud.
Speaker 2: Anything. I was gonna say the same.
Speaker 3: Not to the bottom, mare, and we have that's a lot.
Speaker 2: You had a lot. What I'm proud of. You get it. You do your thing. You and a listen to your thing.
Speaker 1: This is so bad.
Speaker 2: So why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Monday mornings?
Speaker 2: Monday? You never miss a Monday. Oh wow, I never knew they came packaged like this.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually quite nice.
Speaker 2: Happy tongue in Language, Happy Tongue.
Speaker 5: And Language week languagege Okay, thank you for joining us, Charlie, and for the cover.
Speaker 3: Yea, love you very much.
Speaker 4: Take care here, very tongue.
Speaker 3: Just what just happened?
Speaker 2: Very very.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you so much for joining us, Diamond. Where can we find you on social media?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So all my social media handles is Diamond, Lungy. Don't be afraid, come and send me a comment, message, interacts.
Speaker 3: And you can find keep you here on all streaming platforms and you should stream it on I.
Speaker 1: Let's get those streams up.
Speaker 4: Coming on for having me, Marlo okay, and that brings us to the end of Island Roots Auckland Ways for you another week.
Speaker 1: We have the videos on our Instagram and TikTok Island Roots Auckland Ways. Thank you again, Diamond.
Speaker 3: Thanks girls.
Speaker 1: The whole cover tension.
Speaker 3: Happened because that was so random. It was really really wild, actually very brown, very broad, very put me to coded and just he was literally waving in the window and then we were like, oh, come on.
Speaker 1: Come on to be honest. I'm not like woozy, but I'm like, damn, I can feel it in my sister.
Speaker 3: It's a nice tinkle though, don't you think very much. This is my second time drinking cover and I really liked it.
Speaker 1: The ancestors were doing something with GBA.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't know why. I see I liked it. I'm still unsure how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give it a little bit of time. Yeah, but maybe we can catch up with Diamond for another round of cover and Charlie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a multiverse of madness Sixties gag baby, you would think that Alissa's talking.
Speaker 1: Well, there, we'll catch you next week. Bye.