Speaker 1: This is an iHeart Radio New Zealand podcast.
Speaker 2: Out the Gates with Maddy McLean, Chris Henry and Brad Christensen.
Speaker 1: Cheer he is no babies? Is hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Just like start the podcasting what we're doing. Start we're doing a podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm almost with the cheers. And famously I've done it before because I've been on the phone and I was just getting ridly like, I've got the dock up, I've got some you know, some contient.
Speaker 3: You've got some supporting documents since when it isn't isn't you man and your man? You go, you go, I doubt you go to Washington, d C. Once and you come back a changed man.
Speaker 1: Well, they say be prepared. They do scouts. Honor was never a scout. I think we've talked about this, but always be prepared.
Speaker 2: I was a scout.
Speaker 1: Were you a scout?
Speaker 3: Crass?
Speaker 1: I was a scout Sea scout.
Speaker 2: Because you're you're from the beach, ben.
Speaker 3: So bad. I haven't actually get called out in a year. It was like I thought I thought it was coming, but no.
Speaker 2: I was a boy scout and then weirdly.
Speaker 1: We that's that's a thing that's before a girl guy always I think so.
Speaker 3: One of those words when you say it out loud, you're like, that's a weird word.
Speaker 1: It is a weird No, it was a boy scout.
Speaker 2: And then we changed in Queenstown from like just regular scouts.
Speaker 1: To sea scouts.
Speaker 2: You don't even see famously on the lake, fustly on the lake.
Speaker 3: Answer answer it live? How is that?
Speaker 1: No, we won't answer that. Well, it's just someone bringing me to organize pre Christmas be it. Oh it's not boss actually, oh right.
Speaker 2: So after that, I thought, can.
Speaker 3: Be doing this? Absolutely not? If I'm for anybody see and I'm a scout, what are we going to be doing? I suppose you can go sailing on the lake, can't you?
Speaker 1: Hood?
Speaker 2: Yeah you could, And that's what There's what the plan was to go selling on the lake, but it wasn't for me.
Speaker 1: Kind knots and survival all of that. Plava pilava is also another funny word I heard today and I'm going to try and bring pola. Plovers are great love lava.
Speaker 2: I went on a jamboree, a scout jamboree. Wow to Fiji, bougie seaman skin what queens down?
Speaker 1: Of course? What do you expeed?
Speaker 3: A jamboree in Fiji.
Speaker 2: Jamboree in Fiji. So there's like a New Zealand.
Speaker 1: It's copa trees, r island and contingent.
Speaker 2: The thing is the only terms I've ever been to the islands either fucking boy Scouts or Treasure Island.
Speaker 3: So you've never gone there, and just like at.
Speaker 1: All year, can eat no resort.
Speaker 2: So I went to the jamboree in Fiji and I got on a like argument with another scout another boy. Yeah those islands. They really got into a fight with a fellow scout. And then this is very unscout like behavior. You pushed me over a little ship.
Speaker 3: There would definitely not be part of the code of ethics.
Speaker 2: Pushed me over, I fell backwards. I landed on my elbow on a tent pig shattered my elbow. The only bottom I've ever broken my elbow in Fiji on a scout jemboree.
Speaker 3: There is did you reckon that? That person just spent their life being like, oh god, I remember times iping bit of a dick in my life when I was younger, I did this thing and then.
Speaker 2: I hope so I hope you remind me own but not funny, funny, nothing funny about it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Now, just before we get into this podcast, we've got some unfortunately sad news that's developed today, and I think we should just address it early in the pace because I think it's worthy of saying the right honorable for former National Party minister Nicki Kay has passed away today. And I know that some people might be like, oh, what has that got to do with your podcast? Well, she was quite the ally old Nicky Kay, a huge ally, a massive ally. She crossed the floor on quite a few gay issues across her time. She's a huge supporter of a lot of Rainbow organizations. She always threw her weight behind a bunch of things to support our wider community. And we knew that she did cancer and she kind of seemed to have like she'd got a bit better, but obviously has gone down hele and is today passed away. And I, yeah, I just think that's really says said moment.
Speaker 2: I got to meet her quite a few times over the years, Like just in my role on TVNZ, we used to do a segment on breakfast called young Guns where we had like some of the younger politicians.
Speaker 1: We had like Simon Bridges, was on there.
Speaker 2: Just Dern was a young gun at one point, Paula Bennett was a young gun at one point, and Nikki Kay was one of our young guns.
Speaker 1: So I got to meet her quite a few times.
Speaker 2: Over the years, and she was just always so kind and very very thoughtful and passionate but really cared about about the issues that she was proud about. But also I always felt like she put people over politics, like she wasn't She wasn't a career politician. She really was in there because she truly wanted to make a difference for people. And regardless of what you thought of her politics or the party that she represent entered, she was she always cared deeply about people. Yeah, and so yeah, very sad to hear that news today.
Speaker 3: Really sad well, sending lots of att hard to her Fano and friends who yet no doubt. Yeah, pretty upset, but thanks Chris.
Speaker 1: How are you boys? Otherwise good?
Speaker 3: I think I'm getting towards surviving November. I feel like maybe is worse than December. I feel like everyone's just like, let's do a this ship early and other time December comes around, it calms down a little bit. Or am I just being a bit optimistic.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think you're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: But it's it is the silly season. Oh, it is so silly. It's quite the plava.
Speaker 1: That is quite the pluma.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Hell, your weeen kicks off and it I think it starts from mere right, Yeah, yeah, the silly season. Yes, all right, so yeah, I tend to agree.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, though, one from in front of the other. That's how it feels. I actually feel a little bit like I was thinking today about our dear friend and producer Jodes, who used to say to us, oh, oh, boys, go for a gold in the busy Olympics.
Speaker 1: This week is the Olympic? Yeah, is the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yep, And I reckon, I reckon. That's what I'm aiming for this week. I think at the moment, I'm probably just like if it wise, I'm going for a gold achievement wise, probably the silver.
Speaker 1: He's still on the podium, absolutely on the podium.
Speaker 3: But she's been busy, and I don't want to make that my personality trait, but that's been a little bit of a a character a character trait of myself over the last last week. While but apart from that, you know, what positive do you do?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 2: You bite off more than you can choose? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Is it like a classic Chris thing too?
Speaker 3: I can't Yeah, I can't help myself. Yeah, yeah, I am my own worst thing of me when it comes to it. Obviously, I had some professional responsibilities, which I think probably causes a little bit of a bit of that. But is I like to say to myself, this is my little pep talk I give myself in the morning if I think about the busyness and what's going on, and you know, here I am busy day at work and then coming and recording a podcast with you guys and then off to some drinks tonight. If my fifteen year olds i've heard me it' say one mony thing about what my life is like at the moment, they'd kick me in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. And at that time where you do start reflecting because you think on new year and news is coming up, and that's the stuff. I sort of had similar thoughts as well. So yeah, I bite off more than I can chew. And sometimes and actually I look back and think, fuck, look at where you've come from, look at what you're doing, and it's pretty cool, you know.
Speaker 3: From stealing me out of a woman's freezer to hosting an LGBT podcast.
Speaker 1: With us, I mean a gbt Q plus Pope podcast.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's great, isn't it. Yeah? Having to catch cray up the no babies knowing by thousands of people all over the more too.
Speaker 2: I may have recruited a new listener today.
Speaker 3: Every year I might have welcome.
Speaker 2: Have I told you about how I've been cheating on barbers?
Speaker 1: So the new barber?
Speaker 3: Have you cheated?
Speaker 1: Like? Have you?
Speaker 3: Have you actually broken up with the barber and have decided to go to the new one?
Speaker 1: It was, it was It was always meant to just be a one off fling.
Speaker 3: It's how it normally starts.
Speaker 1: It starts.
Speaker 2: It's a slippery slope. But I had a good time, enjoyed myself. You connected connected, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean that your other barber obviously like very unavailable, quite distant, sort of pushing you away totally.
Speaker 2: And I was, yeah, you know what, And I just I felt like I started to get something from this from this barber, you dick.
Speaker 3: Rub We all laugh because it's so true.
Speaker 1: TikTok. Maybe last week week before, maybe around and you know, pops up ere now and again on my algorithm. Algorithm, I don't know about that, but you you know, sitting at the barbers and the barber said, the barber isn't on it, and you know, the boys got their elbows out trying to, you know, and the barber just sort of rubs.
Speaker 2: The old pen on the elbow or the funny bone, funny bone on the bone. I didn't get one of those from this guy. But there's still time.
Speaker 3: You know, may probably treats you with respects, totally totally.
Speaker 1: For now, consentual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but god, maybe you'll be calling me a little slap before.
Speaker 3: We know it. You know, haven't he listened to this.
Speaker 1: Look out for the elbows, keep you keep your hands in your anyway.
Speaker 2: So I went to see this guy once and then I thought, that's I'm going to return to my old barber.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I've scratched the itch. I'm ready to I'm ready to settle back down. No one needs to know, no.
Speaker 1: One needs to know. It's a one time thing. This can just stay between us.
Speaker 2: But then, of course, so because when I used to go to my old barber at the end of the session, i'd always book my next hair cut in right. But because I hadn't gone to him and I'd gone to this new guy, I hadn't booked the next apploytment with my old barber. And then when the time came around, I'm pretty regular, like a four weeker. Oh yeah, four weeks, I'll get a new haircut. So when the four weeks came around, I thought, shit, I never actually booked him with the old barber. And then of course I went to booking with him, fully booked. I couldn't get him the silly season the others so I couldn't get him with him. So then I went crawling back to the one night stand and said do you have any room for me? And he said absolutely, I can squeeze you in great, had a great time with you last time. Come back indoors open, just squeeze you win.
Speaker 1: Great to squeeze you win.
Speaker 3: So shut it behind her on the bed.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So then I went back and stow him a second time. And then of course same thing happened again, and I forgot to book him with the old barber again, and so this week I thought, here's getting long le the haircuts today, went back to the guy. So three times.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, you're gonna I think you need to. I think you need to admit it, and you need to break out with this other barber.
Speaker 1: Do you break up or do you just ghost? Funny? Funny? You should bring this up because I had a haircut last Thursday and I've cheated on my barber for the last six months. We've heard about it, you know, so and I was like, what I can I go beat? What's the conversation with me? With your bet? We have you been getting haircuts?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So what did you do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I haven't gone back. No. I think you just need to know. Life's too short for not following your heart. So I think is the courtesy tags. I don't know. I mean, you've been seeing him for a long time.
Speaker 2: I have been seeing him for a long time. And then just be straight up, but I'm enjoying the new guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh fuck it. Then just you know, get short like.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this was all a little diversion to say. I told the new Guy about the podcast very well. We're listening right now. So anyway, thanks for a good time. It was fun and I'll see you again soon. Planet book all week on the calendar build it all up, roll it out. It's about you, not well hope, well new listeners. We had we had a message at DM and our in our out the Gate Instagram, did.
Speaker 3: We I've stopped reading them?
Speaker 2: Excuse me, partly because I enjoy I like, I like them being a surprise, and I just forget. I always forget to look in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on, I'll just see if this person did message that or just message you. I think they have.
Speaker 3: I'm watching, do you know what?
Speaker 2: I just realized this, and God, we opened the canon wombs last week when we asked people for their feedback, I just had this realization that people probably have their favorite right one.
Speaker 1: Hun sorry say that again? What I was trying to read and listen at the same time.
Speaker 2: I'm not to know the Gaters probably have their favorite. Like they'll listen and they'll be like, I'm such a I'm such a Brad fan, or like I love Chris, like Chris favorite.
Speaker 1: Has to be. So this person's obviously well, this person's coming, like has it's Cam he said, thanks for the shout out last in last week's episode. I'm late to listen, but I'm listening, he he he, But he has obviously messaged us and out the gate and I can't now see No, I know what it was. He put a story up on his thing. That's right.
Speaker 2: He put a story up and he called christ chriss out. That's right, because you said he was you called bullshit and thought he was a fear with a friend who wasn't actually listening to the podcast. Now that he wasn't on it, I did do that, and he put up a screenshot of listening on his app and he said I'm absolutely listening to the podcast, and then has clearly thought, hello, mister Bray Christiansen, I'll slide into your DMS and let you know I was definitely so.
Speaker 1: Nice to have you acknowledge Chris's calling Chris out, but nice to have you us been in your ears?
Speaker 3: Did I say that right?
Speaker 1: I can't get words out tonight, and him and your and you something. Cam is listening now.
Speaker 3: He knows he's thrilled about. He's thrilled about being the hot topic of conversation.
Speaker 2: Really is the bum No babies, indeed, that's what they say. No, you're both happily taken me absolutely, we just enjoy good personalities and great looks.
Speaker 3: Speaking of ice throw on the internet that someone might have had a conjugal visit over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I was down in Queenstown.
Speaker 3: Did you catch out with Trace?
Speaker 1: She was busy. I went in for some think she was busy and she said, no, I do not have enough going on that face.
Speaker 2: Silly season for her as well.
Speaker 3: Just got a little bag all around the town.
Speaker 2: Go go, go go. So no.
Speaker 1: I flew into Queenstown and spent the weekend with my prince in Central and Central Attago. So it was really really cool. It was lovely to see him because we haven't we haven't seen each other for like seven weeks, so nice. It was so nice.
Speaker 3: Came in without some excess baggage a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't leave anything significant behind. But we did a fair bit of walking, so I'm guessing I lost a bit of weight.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's definitely exactly it maybe a perfect that.
Speaker 2: Was not beautiful weather. God, Central attag is beautiful. It's stunning region, stunning, stunning region.
Speaker 1: So what's it like after see.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know what I wouldn't even know what to do after seven weeks apart used to kick off with you?
Speaker 3: Was it like riding in a bike. You just want to call him a bike.
Speaker 2: Well, some people might just talked and we caught up about you know what do you run? What we've each been up to and had a cattle.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: It is like running liken that. Yeah, it doesn't it? Yeah? Are you blushing for me? I'm not blushing at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, great, I'm just feeling I'm feeling jealous because You've gone from Cam to Carl and I'm nowhere to be seen.
Speaker 1: Oh you're still in the fold, babes. But mind you, you know after this barber, the barber is just a friend, just a friend, just a friend in some competition while I was down there, you know, because I was over in the States a few weeks ago on Canal Street and I got hussled for a gatchy wallet. And so we're about to break this one.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I've been I've been called out quite a lot. I said to couch wallet cost me twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: It's great, it's gotchy, gotch Have you seen this.
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Have you got out here in the fleet?
Speaker 1: Cal No, I haven't actually American Express card.
Speaker 3: But anyway, it's having really beach with a slight Connie in.
Speaker 1: Through it, and I said, oh, look I can while on the stage, and he was like, oh my god. So took a photo of it and he goes, can you get any gayer? So I got called out by Carl's social He's got a big following, and I have been called out significantly on Carl's social media about my wallet.
Speaker 3: I mean, should we join the pylon or would you like to be would you like support or would you like honesty?
Speaker 1: And I just like that. I do like the honest honesty. This message from one of Carl's online followers, I'm sorry, I think your boyfriend's gay ding clearly. Here's another one here. This is great. That wallet just offered me some poppers in the club. That while it has been playing Disease on repeat, that wallet has been de slee wicked six times while it was a judge on drag Wax. Oh my god. This is so good. Over the coals for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So thanks to if you're a gaming you listen, thanks for your constructive feedback about my gutchy wallet. Now I do feel like I should come clean and admit that I did reply to that story and say that it was the gayest wallet I'd ever seen.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm really proud of it. I love it. It's soft, it holds my cards, it's got a pouch for some notes. It just no spit it out, you know, I've got I've got like a really thick hide because it's because it's real weather as well.
Speaker 2: I just think, like we've talked about it before, you're overall esthetic. It doesn't match the rest of it, okay, right.
Speaker 3: If he's just driving the highlights down to the down to the dump Andess goes swaning on and he just whips out.
Speaker 2: The gutchy wallet like, that's when I think of you. I think Swanny highlus So.
Speaker 1: One way to describe all of the above practical holds cards, holds cash, goes on the little cubby hole in the highlight.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but it's like, but it's cute. It's cute and leathery with like fashion brands, fake logo on it.
Speaker 1: It's authentic from Canal Street.
Speaker 3: That's my biggest sessue is that if you decide to go with something that is very fake.
Speaker 1: Oh I pat well Price.
Speaker 2: The thing about it is, I just if I was if anyone was to come to me and say, what kind of brown wallet would bread have.
Speaker 1: I would think valcrow, Oh you know there was long gone like Billabong, long gone. Oh, long gone. But that sounds more like you than quite keen to get one again, because I think they're practical and quite cool.
Speaker 3: Anyone with a chain?
Speaker 1: Nah, No, definitely not that we draw the line. Yeah, well I went from a brown leather barker's wallet. You very kind of bloke your friend did coming like, yeah, that's the kind of wall like speak to you ahead, yes, like like that. This is such a warm.
Speaker 3: But anyway, look, do you know what we take the best because we love you? But also what is the golden rule of this podcast? What is one of the founding values that I.
Speaker 2: Would say one of the core pillars We do not yuck one's young?
Speaker 1: But please can we keep taking the pasovnia that we do?
Speaker 2: Oh we can, we can.
Speaker 1: But also we love and support you no matter what you do. Thanks very much, hey.
Speaker 3: And if you want to identify it as a guy that carries that waller, then that's all good with us.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Gutchy gay got gotchy gay actually got while on the same street, I got a.
Speaker 4: Man as well, all right, I didn't creak fish, not authen pic but great.
Speaker 3: I take it.
Speaker 1: I take it back, I take my gosh, my god, any great podcast.
Speaker 2: Great seeing you two, and I'll catch you le great see great seeing you boys as well.
Speaker 3: For a second I was like, as it finished, we haven't even got any of the dog.
Speaker 2: That's one topic on the dock. But what time are we I'm going to ask the severe time twenty two minutes.
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 3: All Right's litzt is and Correick fires many, McLain gates everything news.
Speaker 2: Yes, colead, you know colead the singer.
Speaker 3: Now we discussed as before. I didn't immediately know my name backy, the name is familiar. I couldn't do the songs. But when you played me the songs, it's so many, so many read drunk young drunk and yes banger.
Speaker 2: The right, the right, tune, the wrong lyrics closely young Dum, Young Young Dum and Brook young young Yuh. He has joined the family. Welcome home, welcome, welcomes dancers, though pocket we will put some we will what do we do organize drinks and nibbles like a welcoming party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we give him a cheer, give him a che the side of his room.
Speaker 1: We'll blind Porpody. Yeah, and we give him a cheir.
Speaker 3: You're right, and then we scour the internet to see who's going to release his deck brick first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we watch his follow account go up. Oh, all of the gays starting to follow.
Speaker 3: It's a very good point.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, he has been kind of forced to come out of the closet because someone has outed him online. They have shared photos of him to get like with a man, and so this man has shared in a slightly intimate photo of the two of them together.
Speaker 3: Sorry, just quickly, the man that shared the photos is the man in the photos or is a different man?
Speaker 2: Is the man in the photos?
Speaker 3: So he's been intimate with him, and then he's decided I'm going to do a hard launch of this for clouds.
Speaker 2: They've clearly had some sort of falling out the two of them, and so this guy has gone, screw it, I'm going to out him online, which is just I just think, no matter no matter what you know, I don't I'm not privy to.
Speaker 1: What has gone on between these two people.
Speaker 2: No matter what happens, no matter how angry you are at someone, no matter how personal it gets. With a breakup and break ups, it can be ugly. You know, I just think this is not the way.
Speaker 1: That you do it.
Speaker 2: Do it that is such personal news that you know, we've talked a lot about that on this podcast. You have to come out when you are ready to come out. That is your story to tell, and it's not anyone else's story to tell. And I just think it's really sad that that that is he has been forced to address this very personal thing about him because someone else has taken that story out of his hands.
Speaker 3: Definitely not somebody else's story to tell. No. Yeah, well, now that it's happened, I watched some of the comments about how he's played it, hopefully a little bit at peace about it and kind of being honest and would like everyone to move on.
Speaker 2: And to his to his credit, he has he said I was never hiding anything. I just this was just no one's business. You know, I was living my life quite happily and healthily. I just didn't feel the need to talk about it publicly. And that is absolutely his prerogative. So it's not like he's been shamefully hiding the secret, which just wasn't a part of his life he wanted to share with people and have We talked about this on the show before, about how celebrities there's there is this thing where I think you feel like you are owed everything absolutely from a celebrity, and we're absolutely not. We are not owed anything, let alone everything. So if you if you're a celebrity and you want to keep something personal and private, you are absolutely entitled to do that, especially around your sexuality. But how am I welcome?
Speaker 3: Come on and on?
Speaker 1: And the water is fine being very popular there.
Speaker 3: There's been some great people coming and getting in the party recently. Sure, and Mendy is coming, well, you know he's dept is depest toe in the water. We got Khalid in I see our brother Teaks has got a beautiful video with him with a lovely little in it too.
Speaker 1: One not Mendys or ticket free tickets to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Oh do you want? I'm sure Mindy is sorry.
Speaker 2: I think I'd take the Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 1: To go to Taylors with concerts. Yeah, okay, because this is in the dark. Was on train, sorry, and it was just seemed the right time. One night with Tom Daily or free tickets to Beyonce. Oh, you're picking the wrong people. This is what the instagram is feeding, right, okay, okay, and that those are two very good examples of what what's been fed.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the tickets to Beyonce, but then maybe for the story, I just feel like Tom and I would be obviously similar. Elk, yeah, okay, do you know what I mean? I do know what you mean, and I'm just not sure that we would be able to provide anything to the other one that would be of much use.
Speaker 3: No, fair enough bumping and grinding around.
Speaker 1: Chris hems like tortoises.
Speaker 3: No, I'm long on my stomach. I'm long on my stomach.
Speaker 1: Awkward toodle Chris m Daily or tickets to Beyonce or definitely don't okay cool Chris Hemsworth or tickets to Adele Chris.
Speaker 2: Now you're thinking a ol maybe Yeah. See this is that it all comes down to the person.
Speaker 1: It really does.
Speaker 3: What about David ni or a Sunday afternoon session at Wicked?
Speaker 1: Oh hello David, Hello David. A photo We the group chat lit up got quite clucky.
Speaker 3: That's good. Our true gators that are a big fan of David will be like, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was just.
Speaker 2: I mean partly innocent, partly you know what the fuck you're doing.
Speaker 3: And also he knows what he's doing. But you know, who really knows what they're doing?
Speaker 2: His girlfriend, girlfriend, his girlfriend. Bless her and bless her because it would be.
Speaker 1: Very easy to keep what would be very easy.
Speaker 2: And she's going no, no, no, no, no, gals and gays, I got Yeah, she's looking after us, she's really looking up so much. And do you know what, I feel it very I feel it's personal. I feel it's personal.
Speaker 1: She's a gator. I can you please, we won't let we won't let the world know that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, but just for our benefits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now ver again, they haven't seen it because obviously, like I mean, m covers a shot to nobody, we're not tagged in these stories of David, so we can't share them to our story to shop what they're about. But maybe Bread, would you be able to just give it, like a little explanation of what was in the photo, maybe even the composition that the photo was taken in.
Speaker 1: Mid drift, chicken skin, teddy, si titty, what really stuck out for you? Though?
Speaker 3: He's got anady?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know this it's hot. It's a really hot, really hot, just halo everything. And I tell you what he looks after his boods, doesn't he he's really passionate about his boods.
Speaker 3: Because he's got no cock around.
Speaker 1: So there'll be three around there and oh, becoming home to roost head.
Speaker 3: I've got something to share with the group. Guess what I did in the weekend.
Speaker 1: What could it's been?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Have you said you've seen wicked?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've I finished my Christmas shopping in November. I haven't even started. It's a slight lie because I realized this morning is on the way to work, I was like, I've definitely got everyone. I've got anything all sorted than I thought to myself. You've got two very important people in your life. I've taught you two to go. But you guys require a lot of thought to make your ultimate birthday gifts Christmas gifts.
Speaker 2: I've got an idea. But it is I've had this idea for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Now, who's it for?
Speaker 2: I might actually be getting you both very similar gifts but slightly slightly adapted.
Speaker 5: Okay, but I it's I've just even a large I've just remembered it was, and it's not a it's not a clique. No, you can't tell us because it's good.
Speaker 3: It's prime.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, I know.
Speaker 2: But what this is just reminded me. If I'm going to get it, I need to get onto it now. Don't outdigate it.
Speaker 1: No no, no, never, that's a good term. Yeah, that's a great no. Never.
Speaker 3: So it's almos. Christmas shopping is done. However, I do a little bone to peck with society. Mean so, I can't remember whether we talked about this last year, but it's definitely got worse, you know, in the old Cozi living crisis and everything's expencing and all that sort of shit. Do you know how hard it is to try and buy a present for your sort of like family secret center that is at the nominal price of fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There is fuck all out there. There's fifty bucks. That's not absolute tach garbage. Yeah, yeah, I there was. I've got so I'm trying to make out whether people listen to this or not. There's two I would have buy two by two to fifty dollars presents and my partner's family secret center. And I just was like looking at it, and I was like, am I going to buy something that's absolutely like it's just shit? Or am I just going to break the rules and go up about higher so that I can actually get something that somebody that means something to somebody. I'd break the kind of cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would break the life bak the rules.
Speaker 3: I think seventy five is the new fifty when it comes to it.
Speaker 2: When it comes to it, you know what we've got to do for our work Christmas party? Twenty dollars?
Speaker 3: Twenty dollars?
Speaker 1: Fuck? Am I getting for twenty dollars?
Speaker 3: It's what I'm not gonna be in the landfall in thirty seconds to look.
Speaker 2: At the chocolate is like twenty bucks these days.
Speaker 3: I remember there's something worse like then, how do you? Yeah, I'm trying to think about something that has thoughts like you can't. You can't find something that's twenty dollars. There has thought unless it's just rude and silly, which I suppose maybe it's the point, maybe, but.
Speaker 2: It's also a work colleague, I'm going to get this for us.
Speaker 1: Do you know who it is? Or do I know who it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But also so you've got to be semi professional, don't true, but also thoughtful and funny for twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, push me last what a pilava?
Speaker 2: What a pilava? That's the word of that. I think it might be. It's gonna definitely be integrated into the title of the year.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah. So I mean I'm gonna throw it outs out to the gators because I feel like a lot of our gators excuse me, would be responsible for buying all the Christmas presents in their house, which is your good point actually segueing here, and I feel like, actually propects this is a more a question for you, for you bread right, since you've become a married man. Yeah, do you still segregate who like that you have, sorry, the responsibility for Christmas present buying? Like is Ryan have to buy for people on his side of the family and you buy for your side of the family, but for both of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's probably generally how it goes, although.
Speaker 3: I feel like a Hittory world, it's like you must get married and it's like you're your responsibility wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, Yeah, I think this is generally He'll do his family, I'll do mine. But then occasionally I'll be like, right, I've got some time up high sleeve. I'll go get the kids. Because it's we don't we're pretty minimal in terms of who we do presents for, so like our family, for example, this year of my family have said we're not doing presents, but we're all together at Christmas time, so we're just going to go and do something nice as a family together.
Speaker 1: After we catch up on Christmas morning breakfast, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breakfast, sorry to breakfast mimosas the three of us, and then we'll go and do family stuff. And then we only really get presents for Ryan's nieces and nephews. A bit cheaper, yeah it does, yeah, easier.
Speaker 3: A little bit entertain medical on the morning.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't care. Christmas is so not about gifts for me.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: But we do do fun little thing is our family. We play this game where you get little presents, silly little presents, and we put them in the middle and you roll the dice and if you land on a sex you get to pull one of the presents from the middle. It's very fun. We play this fun little game.
Speaker 1: How do you go with that? Even you're quite competitive.
Speaker 2: Horrible, because my whole family knows I'm very competitive, and my brother and sister always gang up on me because you're allowed to steal presents from people, and I'm constantly being targeted. So I might need to actually have a little chat to my sister pre game and almost form like.
Speaker 1: A little lion and a lion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice getting off for my brother this year because she's always safe because she's the little sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm every in your family home for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my brother's bringing his girlfriend home.
Speaker 1: And the family chat.
Speaker 2: She's not in the family chat yet, but he's in her family chat. But I think what will happen is because she has met mom and dad and my sister. She hasn't met me and Ryan yet, So I think post Christmas, having spent a bit of time together as a family and not just a one off, meat random meeting, I think that'll be.
Speaker 1: Group chat.
Speaker 3: Do you think that perhaps Tracy will either see it as a bad omen or she just do a tried and trude approach and just wait till they're just on the.
Speaker 2: Time, and like, dang on the time. This is for those who don't know. This is what happened to my husband, Ryan Firs Timmer. I brought him home for the weekend, sitting on the timeac flag home. Mom headed him to the family chat. Yeah, and he's been there ever since. So it did work. Yeah, but we also have had one awkward encounter where we added someone prematurely and had to remove, had to remove, So we don't want we don't want to repeat of that.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm into it this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm into it this year. I'm going to purchase a Christmas tree this year because I'm we're hosting my mum's sister and little nephew. I'm quite fair, so I want to get a Christmas tree. And as you know, and the Gators will know that past Christmas is I'm usually a bit of a faxaate least get out and done with you. Yeah, I'm really embracing it this year. So you've got to put a tree up. I'm going to go and purchase a tree and put it up this weekend. I am aria I wander a fake run to be a fake one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you do? Real?
Speaker 1: Fake?
Speaker 3: Fake? Yeah? We bought a bigger one a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Have you put yourself already?
Speaker 3: No, not yet.
Speaker 1: When you're putting an app it's December first, this weekend.
Speaker 3: Soon hopefully, and it came out of the roof earlier in the week.
Speaker 1: So thinker's cross cool. You know, I'm excited about Christmas. I'm putting mine up this weekend. Ryan doesn't know it yet.
Speaker 3: I think it's totally acceptable though.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he's away doing an ocean swim up north on Saturday. So I'm going to take Saturday as my opportunity to put it up. And then when you get time, it's already going to be up. And what you're going to do about it.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna take down.
Speaker 2: Don't want to take it down because it's a pain in the ass. So it's gone up. Put on a Christmas movie. It's my little tradition for myself. Put on a Christmas movie, pour myself a glass wine.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, put up the Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christmas. Well, that's us. I think that's us.
Speaker 1: I think that's again not a great great party.
Speaker 3: Oh we've missed something.
Speaker 2: It's not us at all. The most important thing. What did we talk about last week?
Speaker 1: Jesus all got excited about putting Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: They were like moving on and real out the gate Star we talked about something we followed up.
Speaker 2: We know John never went anywhere. So last week on the podcast, we said, we don't ever ask for people to do ratings or us you know, a review or anything like that, but we would love you too because it would help get the word out for the podcast, and we want as many Gators as possible to listen. So we said to you, well, leads, do a little We're almost three years into this podcast. Let's do a little review. How are we going any feedback? Is it anything that we need to know about, anything we can improve on? And the Gators have come to the.
Speaker 1: Party with some feedback.
Speaker 3: They did, most certainly did. And also I was a bit nervous about the feedback, but I shouldn't have been because everyone was so nice.
Speaker 2: So nice, I really and power to you because you know, you could have easily ribbed us, even if just in a joking way, and we would have loved that. But you were so nice, which god, it just warms the cockles of my heart. Credit a very lovely little community here, haven't we certainly?
Speaker 3: Indeed, we have literal around the room. We'll read some of the nice ones out. I'll start your fantastic role models for the community. Keep being authentic and real. We see you.
Speaker 1: This one.
Speaker 2: Love it boys. I've learned so much about your beautiful and filthy community and considering myself even more of an ally since listening to your pod. I've been a Day one listener and your episodes bring me so much joy. The Troy comp was awesome and I would love to come to a live show if it was ever on the cards.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know. We'll lot that one away. Now I'm going to read this one out on the back of being gated. Yeah, haven't caught up on the potty yet, but really want to hear the husbands. That would be an epick potty, so we'll follow through. It's a New Year news.
Speaker 3: I like this one. I'm out. The gate is whatever the adult equivalent is of a pleasure to have in class.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that's.
Speaker 2: That is really cute. That that was a very that's a very gay thing.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that a pleasure to have in classy?
Speaker 3: Very very much so?
Speaker 2: They'll all have bloody gutchy wallets by now, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Some good suggestions in here though I keep sharing all the international, local and regional events. Guest speakers from the community come and speak about maheting events and awareness at they're involved.
Speaker 2: Yes, someone else said that I would love to hear some guests. I loved cam on for a few weeks, so to Brad, so that's good to know.
Speaker 1: More iconic than k Road, sassier than a Ponsby brunch keeps slaying balls.
Speaker 2: So some very very lovely messages which just you know, a couple of little couple of little suggestions there are things that we need to a either follow up on that we've suggested already or be just things to note for potentially further on down the track. But very lovely and nice to know we're kind of we're on the right path certainly. And to everyone that listens in tunes and thanks for having us in your ear.
Speaker 1: Can I just read this last one out because they's just cracked me up? And please as a core memory, love yours yarns you crack me up every week. Also, the com trees are smelling. Oh, the countries are in full bloom, full bloom.
Speaker 3: This is the time of year for coum trees apparently, so I have to get my nose out.
Speaker 2: Go have a little go have a whiff, Go have a whiff, and we will see you next week, all right, Bye,