Speaker 1: Inside, therefore getting you closer to the game you love. With Adean Wilson, Anna Stanley and Jenny Woods sowed by news talks. That'd be great Fano and welcome along to Inside netbul. We've got the full team on board today. Jenny decided it was time to make your way back to the Netball desk because this weekend we are of course gearing up for Round one of the A and Z Premiership and ladies. It feels like it's been a very long time coming. Super Rugby is nearly finished. We're just getting underway. Gen, you went to the A and Z launch during the week, how was the vibe?
Speaker 2: The vibe was certainly well vibrant. Actually it was they did things a bit differently Netball New Zealand because now that the Hits have picked up sponsorship of the competition. In the plug, well done they well. In the past they would bring up the coach and a captain of each of the teams and ask them question. It was very much more formal, whereas the Breakfast crew who just free wheeled it. I don't know. There was a bit of chat about how it went down, but I thought the stars of the show where the ladies from Somerset retired that you know, they'd come in the van and they were parked outside.
Speaker 1: But they background on that is that Somerset are sponsoring Somerset. But we don't have to say that, do we know. Well, well, I'm sure it.
Speaker 2: Will be told. But so it was. It was a bit looser, but I was buzzing around trying to get little, you know, vignettes with people. But it was good. But they what they've done is they invited only the players who they felt This is nep On New Zealand telling me this, that they felt the rule changes would benefit So you didn't have every coach and every cat players did they think that a lot of shooters, a lot of shooters. So but and there was also really no new use as such because net Born New Zealand assured players there would be a sixteen competition next year. But that was it. There was no detail. There was nothing more and e pretty.
Speaker 1: Key, who's going to pay for it? But yeah, at least we know there's a competition. That's got to be a good thing.
Speaker 3: Well you're easily satisfied, let's just start with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was a bit surprised in a way because I got a lot of corporate speak from Jenny Wiley and co. But and Stephen Hotter, I thought gave the quote of the day Instrmance manager Yes to news Storks B when he said he was asked, now, what you know, what would it be like next year and all that sort of thing, and he said, I have absolutely no idea how long there's a piece of string. But that's that's the state of play.
Speaker 1: And just saying you can say you've got a competition if you don't have a broadcasting deal, because where does the money come from. I know it's not just broadcasting the money that comes from that, but that is a huge piece of it. People don't realize is the cost of producing live sport.
Speaker 3: It is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: And then on top of that, if you're topped up and you're broadcasting deal with an extra bit of cash, what helps you run the competition? So if you don't have that lockdown, you've got commercial sponsors perhaps, but for it doesn't mean that we've got an AMZI Premiership that's not.
Speaker 3: Going to be broadcasted.
Speaker 1: Oh's and then perhaps there are two teams that are going to go and play somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I don't know how not looking.
Speaker 2: From I don't think not years anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what the way I've always understood it is Australia's broadcast deal does not finish until the end of twenty twenty six exactly. So my understanding was if there was any changes in Australia, I mean, to be fair, as Alice, you could wrangle whatever she wanted. But my understanding was that was more of the climic. That more likely was it was twenty twenty seven when you'd see that change potentially. So twenty twenty six, well, it's looking pretty dire. Twenty three, let's get into twenty twenty five the saving grace.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that, So let's get into the into this season.
Speaker 1: Of course, a few didn't listen to the episode of Insipul last week we went through three of the six AZ teams. Who do we talk about the Mystic Stars Magic. Today we'll finish the last three Pulse, Steel and Tactics, and then of course, with Round one beginning, we'll go through each of the three games. In fact, there are really good matchups over round one. But if we get into the first team to go through of our last three.
Speaker 3: Let's go start with the Pulse for you, Jenny who.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit concerned about the Pulse because they have so many isis and it happened last year and we were all worried. But look at them. They made the final and they damn near won the thing. But they've picked up Gabby Simpson. You love Gabby Simpson, Oh do I? But you know, temporary replacement player. I couldn't believe she's only thirty two? Is she only thirty two?
Speaker 3: Forty one tests for the Diamonds.
Speaker 1: She must be young when she played her test matches there, Well, she must be.
Speaker 2: I could never understand why they picked well she they just stopped picking it least, and that's why she retired. I think because she Jamie Lee.
Speaker 1: Price came in and there's a few pretty good. Would you pick the Price over probably, yes, Simpson. She's a she's a typical graft hard can be pretty physical, you know the Aussie physical backpack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, human backpack.
Speaker 1: But she's a huge she's a huge game for the Pulse, as is Molly Sullah.
Speaker 3: She's another one.
Speaker 2: Well she is. But going back to Price, sorry Simpson. The reason they've picked her up is as cover for Whitney Soonis and Gordon Naddie Gordon. So apparently Gordon didn't she didn't do it. I shouldn't say that. Hurt her knee in a pre season game and sooner anal surgery before Christmas. So and they are fully expecting that they will be all better after just you know, the early games. But the thing with this competition, it's so short. You know, you can't have early games. So I think the people who see the pulse of the threat will want to play them sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: And you saw in a news article this week, Donald Wilkins, when you threw they all spoke about exactly your point two rounds. You cannot drop games early. When it was three, you know, you could have the odd game because you had time to catch up and still make those top three this year. And that's what makes me nervous. I'm with you, Jin about the pulse we don't know, and that they're not telling us.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Of course they keep me it close to their chest about when Sooners and Gordon are going to be back, but it's been very you know, it's kind of.
Speaker 2: Early in the rounds.
Speaker 1: But there's no date to that, so that's going to be a real concern for them. Keana Williams she's also out. My goodness, that young lady is.
Speaker 3: She had a bad run.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's had a run, so that's her shoulder and the other thing. Going back to Gabby Simpson, I thought was interesting is you know there's always that tussle do you bring in your in and our plas that you've worked and you've put all your time into. But Anna, she's the coach of the Pulse, have said no, we would normally, but we needed to bring an experience. We haven't had time to blood anyone into this team. That's why we've brought an experience and something completely different. And I mean every time they bring in someone from outside New Zealand and import I actually love it. I think it's the competition. So I can't wait see Gabby Simpson. I think the saving grace perhaps with the Pulses that they're all getting injured so early that hopefully in two rounds in they'll all be recovering and they've got them out of their system.
Speaker 3: Big one for me.
Speaker 1: And Andrews Tsola, second year at the Helm. I think she'll want to consolidate on what she started last year with the Pulse. Let's not forget they were They only lost the final by one to the Mists. Had were there or thereabouts. Yeah, and Vicky Wilson is one of the coaches as well. She's doing a lot of work with the shooters. So whilst I'm a little bit on the fence about the fitness levels of both Matudo and Mali Sella, that means Warmsley's going to have to come into the game. And she's got a big year this year Pulse. She's off to Gibraltar for the Neckle Wieldeth Cup at the end of the year, so her load's going to be massive and it's a big year for her because you know often last year was kind of her first year really coming in as a starting goal shooter, and often you get found out in your second year.
Speaker 3: So I think the pressure is going to go on her.
Speaker 2: Well, they lost Salmon, didn't they She's gone South and.
Speaker 3: They used to play fifty fifty, didn't they did? And Salmon last year.
Speaker 2: As the player I'm really looking forward to seeing is this Ainsleyanna Pulliata and she's good. She is good, and she's she's had three a field and I'm just when she takes the court, I will be offering a prayer.
Speaker 3: Or I'm lucky to do one ac alb three.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd be wonder if that is getting to the end of her career ending a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four, and she's a you know what a great family she must have behind it, because that speaks volumes. But so yes, I will certainly be looking forward to watching them.
Speaker 1: And they've got Paris Mason. I love Paris Mason. She's brilliant. And Paris and Kelly Jackson. I mean, of all the defensive Joe's probably only the Tactics that got such a strong defensive combination in that circle. So that in itself gives them a massive bunt. So the strength of the pulse, of the fact that they've been in the final, they've won it three times before, their defense end is very strong, and certainly their mid court. Okay, if we move down south to the Tactics, wow, gosh, you never rule out a team and the Red and Black, especially with Donna Wilkins at the helm. I am so looking forward to seeing what Donna can do with his tactic side. They've lost a couple of key players. I think you know, losing POI will be a big one. And I think looking at the layout of their squad, I think the mid court for the Tactics will be their weakest, but their defense end of Berger and Watson will be the strongest in the league. And you've got TP and Salmon both who will shoot those two point shots. And let's not forget about Bird, who came to the party last year as a replacement player and shot the second highest of the league, you know, on ninety three percent. And the Tactics were actually in the top two for every round of twenty twenty four. They only fell out of it when they lost the Mystics in that elimination final. So they are there or thereabouts, the Tactics. But Donna Adeane, I mean, she was a great player. I'm looking forward to seeing her influence as a coach. Well, she's going to be the first coach that uses the coach box, I reckon because she's used to you know, that basketball scenario of walking up and down the corner.
Speaker 3: I can just visualize her not screaming at her place. We're giving them active instructions.
Speaker 1: Actually, what I found really interesting this week and again another article I read and you could hear Robbie Broughton coming out and watch was saying. She said, you've got to earn your right to play in her team in a starting seven. So almost gives you the sense there's not going to be a lot of changes in this team. She's going to stick with their starting seven. She's going to go with her tried and true. She might make the odd change, but it's going to be hard to choose who's starting seven because they have They've got some fabulous players in there. Martina Salmon for me, massive pickup because as we keep talking about, and she would have been at the A and Z launch because she is a key player that can shoot the two point shot, and that to me is why they are elevated in my pack. I know we're going to do that later, but she's going to be a massive get in that shooting end for the tactis. I'm a bit like you Annie, I think that mid court. Yes, they've got you to kind of Peterson who huge amount of experience, got Paris Petitor who's come from the pust, she's from the post.
Speaker 3: Another good player. But probably you know when you look at.
Speaker 1: The book ends, they're outstanding gym but that mid court's probably well your number of options there.
Speaker 3: They do it wing defense, but not so much it seemed to well.
Speaker 2: It was intrigued to see them pick Ericana Peterson as their captain because I thought that's an interesting one. I meaned.
Speaker 3: To be fish when she's come back from but the Dean.
Speaker 2: Has but I thought they might have got perhaps gone back to Jane Watson, but I don't know that. I don't know that the captaincy came naturally to her.
Speaker 1: So she's still traveling as well, that could be, and she's got a child now.
Speaker 2: Sort.
Speaker 1: It just does take the pressure off them, doesn't it. They've they've got the pressure of being silver Ferns and having to go out there and do well.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's quite nice to take it off them.
Speaker 2: But one of they've got one of the players that I just love, Paris Lockertoy, who just oozes enthusiasm and vim and vigor.
Speaker 3: I think is all defenses do.
Speaker 1: Which talked about Simpson, she's the wing defense.
Speaker 2: So you know, I have big hopes for this version, even though I am terrified of donnad Wilkin.
Speaker 1: But you're going to do an interview with her soon and just you know, rip that band aid.
Speaker 2: That's right, you're well, perhaps I should, but then she smiles and she's a beautiful smile.
Speaker 1: Well, she's a beautiful player. She was one of my favorite goal shooters to feed.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Last week I had the Magic in my top two, and I can now confirm that Tactics is my other team.
Speaker 3: In my top two. So I'm going to go down. Sorry, Tactics and Magic.
Speaker 1: Okay, if we move further down the south, the Steel six new contracted players, so they've had the most change than any other team, new coach, new assistant coach. For me, I think Poy is a great edition in the mid court. They've obviously picked up Done from the Tech from the Tactics, and I think they'll be pinning a lot on a Leah Dunn down that circle because if she plays well, I think they'll be they'll be very good. They've got Poy feeding her. They've got Donna Kumakummer, she's another up and coming mid quarter. But if Done goes off and she can, she's a bit of a hot and cold player. I don't think they've got many options.
Speaker 2: Well, but they have got hefnan.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: But they've got the other one in the middle quite handy. I mean, I'm a huge heaven and fan, but I like the reasons and I'm going back to done now because I just she was saying, you know, because she's an Acado girl, but she's never played for Steal Steele and I thought, wow, nice reasons. She's saying her grandmothers aren't getting any younger, and you know it was the pull of the family. But they I don't know. I had a chat to Wendy Frew the other day that the big strength she has with her is the woman who's coaching with her and who look, let's not forget she won a tiny Jamison as coaches England team over the Silver Ferns and that was only last year, so you know, I think there's some big nouse there. But she's not out on court. But we'll just have to wait and see. So they I will be looking forward to seeing them, but they're not quite in my top three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, for sixteen rounds last year they were on the bottom of the table. Think it was round seven they got off the bottom. They got on lucky though the last two years I've had so unlucky with injury. It's every time I've lost a key shooter, and let's be honest. I know we think we're important in the MC court, but if you lose your shooter, and you lose your key shooter, you're on the back foot to start with. I've also picked up Stuyce, who we haven't talked to. Ye left the Mystic so she'll be up again. She'll be with Abbie Lawson and Dakota Thomas who was who is us? Who was a swifts training partner. Sorry, So that's the defense end for the steal and great opportunity for starts.
Speaker 3: She didn't get on.
Speaker 1: You know, she wasn't the starting seven every round for the Mystics, but perhaps you get a sense that for the Steel she will be and it will be time for her to really consolidate. Yeah, I think it will be a good opportunity for her because I think she would have to be you'd have to pick her in your starting seven down there, and it is. It's an opportunity for her to go out week on week have a real impact. She's got some great height. We know she's not afraid to come out and get intercept, so a real opportunity. But yeah, still I love the Steel we all know my heart sits down there, but I will be honest then not in my top three. No, And just talking of Dakota Thomas, who's one of the imports. There's a few imports that we haven't talked. Oh, obviously Wallam's one of the imports. For the Mystics. You've got Charlie Boo with the Stars, she's an import. Remy Carmo is not an import because she can Actually she's allergib plans because of her hairs. Who else have we got in the competition? We's got Charlie had left for the she was with the Giants.
Speaker 2: Do we get a bit star struck by imports? I mean, were these big players across the tasment.
Speaker 3: Well a lot of them were only training partners.
Speaker 1: So I kind of like the story of the different imports that have come to New Zealand because yeah, and a lot of them have come here because they haven't had an opportunity in Australia. They come over and all of a sudden they shine. You know, you think of amilianic Canatio, she was in Australia, she came over here now and I'm helping to make it in make it for the Firebirds. She's our silver and captain and I'm trying to played for the Pulse goal shooter, never got time in Australia, came to New Zealand. This is a few years ago, and then made it into the Diamonds. Oh yes, completely shone when she came here. And if you look way way way back when we played for the Sting, we had what was anil gil.
Speaker 2: I know, okay, nod is a surname.
Speaker 3: Now you're trying to guess that it's going to come to me.
Speaker 2: We carry on.
Speaker 3: Even before that.
Speaker 2: But we'll get to it.
Speaker 3: We'll get to It'll look on my Facebook, pat, but I do.
Speaker 1: That's what I love about them. They've taken their punt. Just like Grace hair is, going to Australia brings something to it, gives us.
Speaker 2: Someone new to talk about it because they thrive on different people thrive in different environments. And obviously Alan and actually Danelle Wallam was talking about that the other day, just saying how much she's just fitted in to the Mystics environment and loving it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about that. Because the Mystics play the Stars. That's the second game of the round on Sunday, I'm actually doing that.
Speaker 3: That game interesting, interesting matchup.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of the Mystics a little bit unknign for me because Walom is at the back. Now, obviously Mystics are back to back champions. They had Grace. They were lucky to have Grace and Wiki at the back for the last two years. I guess the big question is out the Mystics good enough without Grace?
Speaker 2: Well, I think they will be. But to me, the bigger question around the Mystics is the defensive end. No Phoenix, at least early on we all.
Speaker 3: Are you banking on the fact she's going to be coming back?
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't put it.
Speaker 3: She's the commentary team for sure, is four weeks old. This is Phoenix. To be honest, photo of.
Speaker 2: Her, she's you never guess that she's just had a baby. But well but I am having my eyes replaced.
Speaker 1: So no, there's no doubt she looks good. But I hadn't heard the whisper that she was thinking of coming back.
Speaker 2: Anyway. We'll move right along, maybe Scoop Christie obviously already south. I think there's going to be a lot of pressure in that defensive end, and I just don't know, but I mean, I do think they'll be up there. But and you know, Michayla Sotockolets beats and and.
Speaker 3: Uh MELLERI bu Kennan, we're all struggling with.
Speaker 2: In fact, is Mela playing tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We've got double banger names. Mila I assume will be on return to play. She did play in that preseason game and I was quite impressed with the Stars. I mean, I've got them in my bottom too. But I think they'll they'll they'll beat a few sides. I think the book Ends is going to be where it's going to be at. So Wallam's going to be on Burleigh. Now they're thirteen centimeter a height difference there, so Burley is quite a bit shorter than Walom. And then you've got Bell, who's the goal shooter for the Stars, who's the tallest in the league. She's up against tall not so much of a hype mismatch. But yeah, I think that that lack of experience, I don't know with the mystics, I think the mid court will just cancel itself out. You've got Peter, You've got Mela, you've got Taylor.
Speaker 2: Well, you can always put Peter in a goal attack.
Speaker 3: Doing that and wats some on Nathan up to didn't we hear she was injured as well?
Speaker 4: Yes she did.
Speaker 3: She did come off in that preseason game.
Speaker 2: What I've heard is the injuries not as bad as they officially thought, so it is good.
Speaker 1: So I think whoever takes the athleticism in the circle will win that game. So if Bell is more athletic, if wal you know, like you know, because the tall players Wallom and Bell, But who's going to have that athletic ability to really take that take that one? But I think if I had to pick, I'd go Mystics for that. But I think Stars will push them for a half. Well, I'm just going on stats. The Mystics have won six of the past seven meetings, including the past five, so I know it's different teams, very different team, but you know, winning breeds winning, and Mystics know how to win.
Speaker 3: But do you be honest, I'm I can't wait to see the Stars like that.
Speaker 1: There's so much unknown to me about the Stars, whether it be the players, whether it be the coaching staff, everything. I just can't wait to see how they're going to combine as a seven. So and that's Actually, what I'm loving about this whole competition. In the past, it's kind of quite an obvious top three. This year, there's so much unknown. Well that's how I feel between some of the teams, and the Stars are one of those teams. From me, can't wait to see them on court, But if I was a betting person, I would definitely go the mystics from that experience. Can't wait to see Peter back out there again. I do not want to see her No, technically.
Speaker 2: Very entertaining. Yeah, well, anyway, I am interested. Part of the reason I'm so keen about this season is it is the coaching combinations. You know, Tennypara and Floyd. I mean, I never thought that they were such different personalities, and we've worked with them in commentary and plaid.
Speaker 3: A lot together.
Speaker 1: I think when I watched that preseason game with the Stars and the Magic, you could you could see the influence of Bubby on the court with those Stars players. They were turning, they were letting the ball go, they were very Bubbyish. And that's why I'm really looking forward to seeing what Donna can doing, how she can influence those players based on how she played. Because we played with Donna. We played with Bubby and we played in that era where we did just turn and let the ball go. So so you know, yeah, that's what I really enjoyed watching with that Stars side was that you could see that Bubby was the coach and defensively, yeah, Floyd's got that massive influence down the back as well.
Speaker 2: With Bubby.
Speaker 1: I did some work with her recently with some you know, we were doing this netble thing. More to come on that later, but I was so impressed. We had some younger girls with us at the time, and the way she coached and the detail she went into and it was just so natural for her as a coach. I was like, oh my gosh, it was such a naturateness. It was really cool to see firsthand how effective in that coaching role she is.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think she will have a huge influence.
Speaker 1: Was like that as a player, wasn't she She could connect very well with anyone. So it's no surprise that she's taken taken to coaching. Okay, so you go mystics or Stars genistics. Okay, that's three for the mistics. Okay, let's just rewind a day because on Saturday it actually all starts and it's the Pulse up against the Magic, So this is going to be another fascinating one. That's in Palmerston North. Pulse yep, they've got a few injuries. Magic are in my top two. The big one for me will be Claire O'Brien up against potentially Gabbie Simpson. So Claire O'Brien obviously made the Silver Ferns last year, She's got a lot to prove in that mid court to support the likes of Tui and Echinasio, who I think will be great two point shooters. I think, given the Pulse are so unsettled at the moment with the injuries and players coming and going, and the way the Magic have started, I'm going to go Magic for that one. I read this is when I really wish, and I know you talked about last year, Jina. I wish they had to put out like twenty four hours before all forty eight hours an injury update, because it's really hard to make a call.
Speaker 2: I apect a lot of the main Pulse players won't actually be playing, So if that's the case, I mean, I think I would probably go Magic anyway. But it was interesting talking to Kelly Jackson, who was saying, because let's talk about the new rules, and she was talking about she loves the problem solving of the two point shot because she said it's totally changed the way she plays. Yes, and you know, and we've seen this if you've watched any of the Australian stuff and they've played enough preseason games now under the new rules that you can see that they're trying to work things out, they're taking the ball in, bringing it out. I'll be fascinated.
Speaker 1: Where As a defender, I guess your job is to always keep your shooter, push them, push them out, and now they'll be wanting to push them to the goalpost, so it changes on the baseline at Lange is the dynamic.
Speaker 2: Other thing I will be watching is the commentary team because of course this will be the tvn Z plus two, Jenny Mae Clarkson, Courtney Tiree, Kate Wells.
Speaker 3: And Jenny may You did just say Geny may.
Speaker 2: So, and I mean I think it's well, I do kind of think it's great because I think it's good netballers on free to air and it's well, just this will be a fascinating season.
Speaker 1: So for those yeah, for those listening. So just the Saturday games are live on TV and Z. It will be delayed later on Sky every other game, So Sunday games and Monday games are solely just on Sky Sport, which is where you would hear Anna A Dean and Jenny.
Speaker 3: Yes, we made the card. So Magic Pulse, are you picking DENI?
Speaker 1: Well, again, if I went off sets, which was my argument just before a Poles upon nineteen of the previous twenty three matches against the Magic. But I'm going to have to agree with you two on this one. I think the Magic will have this because I don't think Pols are going to have their full squad.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to have this, this pulled together team.
Speaker 1: I'm an EMAILI Sullah can be Simpson as we've talked about, all really good players. But I think, and we talked about it in the last episode Annie the Magic, I don't like to say unlucky, but they were so close last year of making that final, that top three. It was just that elimination match. It was almost they could, you know, put their hand down and reach it.
Speaker 3: So I think this is the year. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm going to Farista and they're in my top two, but they are in my top three. If I had to pick who will be there at final time come the end of the year, Magic are going to be one of them. So I think they're going to start They're going to start well with the settled team and we'll take the one over the Pulse.
Speaker 2: The only change they've made is Kate Taylor's coming, and I mean, I think that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Von A roland Art says a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Matdo playing her one hundredth match as well this weekend for the Pulse, so that's a big one for her.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we've we all agreed, so we've gone Magic. Okay.
Speaker 1: So the last game of the round, it's the Southern Derby. That one's in christ Church on Is that on Sunday? On Monday? I think that's on Sunday as well, two games Sunday. I don't think there's any on Monday this week. Yeah, so both on Sunday. This one's always a good tussle. Still actually haven't beaten the Tactics since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ouch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a tough one. Yeah, I think that the Tectics are just too strong all over the court. I think the big one for me is done on Watson. If Watson and Burger can get the better of Done, then it'll be home and his and I think Tactics will run away with it.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go Tectics in christ Church.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll be interested in. There's just as much as anything, just to see the influence of again of the coach's Liota and threw. It'll be just because they I mean they're both fast little mid quarters. Well yeah they were pretty fast actually, but I don't know. My heart has drawn a little bit again to the steel only well only because.
Speaker 3: I am smile, because you know what you're going. You like the trips to the cargo.
Speaker 2: You're not having any of those this year see food chat. Well those are days gone by. But I've always been fond of the heathen and girls. I just think that's how she chooses.
Speaker 3: It's literally who she's fond of. You've got no Bailey anymore. This makes it hard for you.
Speaker 2: Husband at the tennis this summer made my day.
Speaker 3: She married. Where have I been?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that?
Speaker 1: Wow, she's also maybe the Swiss legends, Yes I did, I did hear that or maybe the Hefenons have replaced Bailey mes the heat of the news for you.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I do think probably the Tactics will win, but I suspect it will be closer than perhaps some of us think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't forget the Tactics have the two most experienced players across all teams to pass Albiraca and Jane Watson. They've got I think one hundred and ninety six Test caps or something between them and just that's just over four players, So they've got some big experience and in each area of court.
Speaker 3: Burger done, sleep people.
Speaker 2: I have the Tactics never won it.
Speaker 3: We've always wondered that they haven't.
Speaker 1: Always all their shooting end has always been vulnerable under the hope. But last year we saw Bird come in as a replacement player. She had no pressure on her, nothing to lose, and she played her best netball. So let's hope she can continue that. And of course now they've got Salmon in there as well, so because Tapias she's one of those players you know, and we talked about last year. You know, we even wondered last year if that was her last season, to be honest, didn't we she can come in and out of games. But as she said, any I think they've got options. They can bring Bird on, they can push. We know Martina Salmon can play out at Golatat. So they've got three really good options down that attacking in that really, I mean all of it can play all three. Oh maybe not Bird at Goltet, but then you know, I've got some They've got combinations. Fascinating. Okay, so we've that's a that's a three peet. We've gone the same feach.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm going to give places top three.
Speaker 3: Well you shall start, Okay, the floor is yours.
Speaker 2: I believe this will be the Magic's here.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we need to put a timer on that record that date stamp.
Speaker 2: Magic one, Tactics two, Mystics three.
Speaker 3: No, Pulse. Pulse have been in like seven of the last nine finals, haven't they. Well, I just you don't like stats. You're out with that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm I'm I'm with two of you on those.
Speaker 1: I'll just flip it up and go Tactics one, Magic two, and I'm going to go Pulse three, just because I think they will come good. I think they've had a bit of a bad run with injuries. But I think you can't deny they've got strength in each area of court, and I think having no grace in the Mystics is going to be a big ask for the Mistics to try and back it up and do a three peek.
Speaker 3: Did you say mistakes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Six, three, Mystics three and you've gone which order? I've gone Tactics, Magic, Pulse.
Speaker 3: I haven't gone. Got Mysticks in my top three? Pulse.
Speaker 1: I found this so hard because for me, I want to put an asterisk next to the Pulse's name because.
Speaker 3: Of the injuries, like I can't. We're wed to do it well.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Tactics and Ergic they are definitely in my top three.
Speaker 3: I keep dilly, how old am I eighty?
Speaker 1: Between Mystics and Pulse because of that injury factor. If I took out the injury factor, I would put the Pulse in easy because I love the players. They've had that consistency. There were second last year only lost by one and Mystics. We Misstics didn't have grace last year. Do they lose like two of these all capitulated? I think could be Yeah, and not only have you taken Grace. You've taken Phoenix because you.
Speaker 2: Have, because she was meant to be there and then she wasn't. That's profound, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I know, yes, because that was the whole tactic that was Yes, vomited to Grace.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: It seems wrong to leave the Mystics out in some way because they have won three of the last four, the last four. I'm going to back the fact that Whitney and Maddie will be excellent at their rehab because, let's be honest, they will want to play and that's their personality. So I'm going to back the fact that they are going to come back. They're going to come back well, and they're going to come back early in the season.
Speaker 3: Remember they've got Gabby Simpson. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: So I am going so you and I agree with Tactics, Magic and Pulse, and we're only slightly different.
Speaker 3: You'd left Pulse out and invuted the Mystics.
Speaker 1: Well, what we can aground is that the Tectic and the Magic are our two teams for twenty twenty five. Wow, so were they and on our top three last year. I think the Tactics snuck and did and tactics are in mine. Yeah, so well, and it's going to be a fascinating year. Well time for our fast five segment now and Jenny managed, as we heard earlier, to hit to the ain Z Premiership launch during the week where she caught up with tactics player Martina Salmon.
Speaker 2: Inside Nipple Inside Nipple's Fast five. So if you could compete in any other sport, what would it be?
Speaker 4: Oh, probably it would be out of basketball and volleyball, but I would probably go volleyball. And why Yeah, I grew up playing volleyball and it was out of volleyball and netball, so I ended up choosing Nebourn in the end. But yeah, I just really enjoyed it in school and yeah it was my favorite. Yeah, one of my favorite sports.
Speaker 2: And who in your team is most likely to A get you into trouble and then b get you out of trouble?
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got two For the get me into trouble, it would be Pelocks so parents and Charlie find last.
Speaker 3: For them too, yep.
Speaker 4: And to get me out of trouble definitely carden Berger. Yep, she strikes. Yeah, she is very sensible.
Speaker 2: Now, if you could invite three athletes to dinner past or present? Who would they be?
Speaker 1: Just new?
Speaker 2: No, any any sport?
Speaker 4: Okay, I would go Caitlin Clark, I would go Lebron James. And then the last one I would go, I would go with Charlotte Castilek from Rugby.
Speaker 2: Oh good, and surely no one else has thought of her. Yeah? Okay, So what is your last supper meal?
Speaker 4: My last supper meal?
Speaker 2: Did I have? I had?
Speaker 4: I had spaghetti bomonase.
Speaker 2: Oh so you've had a last supper already? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh like wait, sorry, this was the morning like this morning?
Speaker 4: Sorry, no, not so much this morning.
Speaker 2: But you know, if you if you was going to be the last day on you, I would.
Speaker 4: Want Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: Taco Bell.
Speaker 4: I'm loving it so much. So yeah, definitely Taco Bell. It's my cheap meal at the moment.
Speaker 2: Now, what's your best piece of advice that anyone's ever given you?
Speaker 4: I think just believe in myself. I feel like, yeah, I always get told a few believe in yourself, anything and everything as possible.
Speaker 2: Talking all things netball inside nedball.
Speaker 3: Okay, Geene, were you really in the toilet interviewing?
Speaker 4: My I was?
Speaker 2: I was because the venue where they had the launch was a lot of concrete, so it was very echoey, and so.
Speaker 3: I wasn't a toilet normally echoey too.
Speaker 2: Well, as it turned out, yes, the best audio was actually out on the street with the you know, the birds and the lots.
Speaker 1: Of basketball terms and there a dean at home bro Lebron James. Basketball is getting getting a good run. I'm just glad that spag Bolden end up being her last supper and that that's actually what she had for her last time Targo, Each to their own, not much better.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's it from us.
Speaker 1: Remember if you want to catch all the action from the first round of the ain Z Premiership, be sure to tune into Skysport and TV and Z on Saturday until next week. Remember you could download Inside Nebo on iHeartRadio or wherever you get to your podcast until next week.
Speaker 3: Marti wa