Speaker 1: And welcome back to the Mad Monday podcast, brought to you by four and twenty five. It's a perfect at home snack for watching rugby league. You'd be surprised to hear me a lot of you listen to the podcast. I had admitted and accepted taking an early plea to kill less podcasting and accepted a one week ban from the podcast. Chris the fellow you in and what happened? We went out to talk to them, the fellas.
Speaker 2: Out at about Smart. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other day on Monday, Jess Tavanger, we talked to Marcela Montour, we talked to look Mitcalff and I asked Jess Tavunger how the rehab was going, and he said, I'm not doing rehab and I said, oh great.
Speaker 2: And he played really well at the weekend as well. He's played for the last ten weeks to go out for about a month. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The most confusing part about the whole thing is that I have commentated a lot of those games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, to be fair, the state you're in the last commentary, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember the Friday one, but yeah, he has been in the lineup for quite some time now.
Speaker 3: How did he handle it, because there's two ways in my experience, and this has happened to be a lot this sort of shit. When I was looking at sky is they either like, go, yeah, well no, I haven't actually been doing rehab, but I'm feeling really good since the injury, and they was just like quickly, or he would just like like, I haven't been doing rehab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one. That one.
Speaker 1: That one, there's a full I think there's a full video of that going up today of that podcast.
Speaker 2: You can go and watch it on YouTube. Shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that you asking the question and then him saying I don't do rehab and then you quickly being like, how do I stop bowling a stock wrong? And then just quickly switched subject and then playing five starter over the top of it. Yeah, that's exactly what it was.
Speaker 1: Basically him, he was seen in the video, he just like steered me down and then goes, I'm not doing rehab.
Speaker 2: Then he turned to die and he goes because this guy done any research? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, so shit, And the worst part is you don't even need to research that because you've been watching the games and this is what went wrong.
Speaker 1: In my defense, if I could It was that we were actually interviewing someone else and they were injured and they got swapped out of the last minute, right, and you're right over prepped.
Speaker 2: I don't need to prep for talking about the Warriors. To the Warriors.
Speaker 1: I've watched and commentated every single one of the games, and so I got nervous, looked down at my piece of paper. First question, were you injured? That question was for Luck Metcalffe. Yeah, how's your rehab? Gune and did.
Speaker 2: You try and justify it? Afterwards?
Speaker 1: To Jazz, No, that was done. What was the justification going to be? I did go no, no, but how is the Hammitt? And he goes, yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: That's like someone heading you up about that flu you had like a month ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's well and truly gone. I was like, yeah, that was like over a month ago, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anyway, we are back for the Thursday episode. This is generally where we look through the team Less, give you a couple of super coach tips going into the end of your season, as well as our mad Monday hunch your team. The Teamless are on the back there, Creston, as I cast my eye down a myriad of changes, a raft of changes. Most surprisingly to me, just Vunger's back.
Speaker 2: He's a quick recovery far out. Wasn't it a handy? But he's back in there.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing for me is something that we've all been calling for, maybe too little, too late, because we have to go and defeated from here on out. But the first name on your team sheet for this weekend Roger to us a sheck, he's at full back. It's going to be for one week, yeah, and then Tames he'll be back. It was a head knock last week for Tang. Yeah yeah, pretty nasty had knock. But he'll be back in a week. So you're fizzed up. What are you expecting from Roger? Because obviously save our season.
Speaker 3: Just classic scenario's back to the Warriors just to save the season again. Yeah, but I was thinking about it on the way and no Tall, who Harris, no Shawn Johnson, no chance a clock start. Those are like our three guys, right, those are our three leaders and now much Barnett, Roger comes in at fullback. He's a completely different player to Chance to kol clock star. He doesn't really unlock that right, side a. He's like when you put Joey Marno at fullback and he just hummus it hard out but it's sick, you know what I mean? Maybe yeah, So it's going to have to be individual brilliance from Roger with him at fullback.
Speaker 2: But have you seen the Tigers team. I think he's going to get a hat trick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they are. They are tough to look. I mean Dream Bullock, great fallback. He's is a good try scorer, so as the Forbes Ferrari Charlie Stains. But it's quite a young and inexperienced team on the other side of the Leger Dream Bullet what is he like twenty two? Yeah, he's a young fellow. He's the future of the club. Luke low Lily, yep. If he walked into the room right now, would you be able to point him out of three?
Speaker 2: Luke Lie absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Never heard of the bloke he's starting on the wing for them, tap It Solomona and the centers.
Speaker 2: He in a shocker last week.
Speaker 3: Stafford Tula is probably the most experienced and then you've got like, I think this has to be one of the youngest pairings in the history of the NRL. La'tso Finer and Lachland Gavin we're both eighteen.
Speaker 1: If they're not seventeen. Yeah, I think that that was a bit of an issue this week though. Did you see that Baitman had a blow up with mate Benji?
Speaker 2: Is that what happened. He's gone back to the Super Lege.
Speaker 1: So what happened, allegedly according to those NRL three sixty wounds, is that he came into the changing sheds afterwards Angie gave him a spray for playing a shit game, and he said, you never spray the young fellows. You just put you know, big them up and then you shot on all the older players. It should all be back with blah blah blah. They had it out in front of the whole team and then the very next day he's signed to the Wigan the WO Wolverhampton Wolves or the Wigan Warriors or whoever the fuck he's going to play for. Right over there, he's out of here.
Speaker 3: I think John Bateman, this is the second time he's like packed to sand and gone back to the UK and now I'm back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's the kind of guy you want at your club, Like you want a guy like Mitch Barnett. You don't want a guy who just throws his toys heart out in front of everyone and signs to the Super League and dropped the hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it.
Speaker 1: Just continues like a long list of just terrible, terrible shit that happens at the West targets.
Speaker 3: Well because who are there and the reason their backline this week? So shit is because I was so inexperienced, I should say, is because I think Dewey recently came back and unresting him.
Speaker 2: It's the seventeenth a c Ellenury or whatever it is. Yeah, he three.
Speaker 3: I think Adam Caesar who was retired at dead and buried and they dug him up and they chucked the half back jersey on them. He's serving his second suspension of the season somehow. And then there was someone else in the backs as well who's out for whatever reason it might be, which just means it's just the school kids are all playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be ready, to be honest, if we don't run an absolute mark against this team, it's going to just be well, it will be season over. It will be we have to win every game we have to win every game from here on out to guarantee a spot in the playoffs. But I'll tell you what, even then, absolutely, it's like the amount of teams that are sort of vying for those last couple of spots. But if we don't run out to put fifty on the Tigers just to undo some of the damage and that points differential from that Titans.
Speaker 2: Game, just to make just for us to feel good.
Speaker 3: Just exactly just a little palette cleanser, like, Okay, we've washed our hands of that. We've absolutely keeped the Tigers ass. Yeah, let's just shift attention away from us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about because I asked him, like, obviously you can't look too far ahead in the season or you'll lose the game directly in front of you.
Speaker 2: But like, what do they do? They do a post training sessions with it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this is nothing new to anyone who's followed league for a long time. With a new South Wales cup boys coming and they try and play as the wist Tigers give the Warriors something to defend against.
Speaker 2: You're right, And I was like I really wanted to.
Speaker 1: Ask, but how back on it, because you know, I had a tough run of us and questions already, and I wanted to ask, like, did you blow them out like when they were playing like the Tigers, did they just shiit the bed the whole time? Ah?
Speaker 3: I reckon, God, that's like you look at imagine being uppy cottage seal right. He is the only dude of some decency on the side. Even Isaiah Papale who's got on there, has just been like just an average back rower.
Speaker 2: Now, I would say that the other the only other.
Speaker 1: You know, blue blood, blue chip player in there is Stefano zoy Kamanu, who at the moment is in a contract battle.
Speaker 3: That's right, and he's not even playing the great So it's like they are in all sorts.
Speaker 1: They are in disarray. I'm trying to talk myself into Warriors third and plus, but I just can't get there because our back line. I mean I was. I was talking to Angree on Readiojodaki today. I said, if this is the first time you've turned into the Warriors for a few weeks, you may not recognize the back line at all. Yeah, that's right, Ali Moila, Graham Telfa. And then you've got Lekajalasima off the bench as well. Once again, only two forwards on the bench.
Speaker 3: Does my head in just Jazz and Jackson Ford Lussex in there at hockey We barely used him last week. I just don't understand this. Just put some big fellers on there. Oh man, the injury awards. Just so, this is one thing we have to also keep in mind is we have been decimated by Andrey. Yeah yeah, yeah the whole season. Yeah, we've just like our combinations are completely.
Speaker 2: Wrecked from it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But to be fair, our run home is decent and a little cherry on top round twenty seven.
Speaker 2: But night we got the buy. Yeah, well that's right. We may not even win that.
Speaker 1: But do you think that Chandelle Harris Tavita kicks this weekend?
Speaker 2: Yes? You do? Yeah, I agree with you. I think he does.
Speaker 3: He's a footy player, this kid like he's a he's a first grade footy player, right. Yeah, he's also a really good kicker. There was a stat that Minogue found on our show. He was saying that he probably just took it from another podcast. I don't know, yeah, I don't know how much he's pouring through the stats of the world NRL players. But if the twenty NURL players have kicked fifty or more all time only sorry, of all the players, only twenty of them have kicked over eighty percent, and Chanel Harris Tavita is in that for his all time goalkicking.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's still in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after the weekend, it's a tough week to get the Harris Davida is a good kicker.
Speaker 2: Take off. Wow, to be fair, after the damage I determined the weekend. Yeah, well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And you really copped it on that video that went out on ACC's Instagram. It's just great though, because it was people looking for someone to blame.
Speaker 2: Absolutely don't want to blame Chanel.
Speaker 3: And this is the great thing about this sew has Taveta having an absolute howler is it was so bad that everyone's just like, I feel sorry for him.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's his fault. I need someone else to blame.
Speaker 3: And then into me making a lame joke which I had like a ninety nine percent I was nine nine percent sure he was going to kick the goal, so I was like, I can I can get away with this, and then he didn't and it was one of the worst things I've ever done.
Speaker 2: It was an all time comment out his curse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was really it was the first time I've really had like a barrage of hate on all these different platforms, but not full hate for anything personal. Just like, how dare you screw the Warriors over hate? And I'd like to apologize, but to be fair going if I.
Speaker 2: Went back and did it again, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: That's every piece of like if you keasy that came through, and every joke about wanting to be on a slope roof with a gun.
Speaker 1: Shooting me, I just cracked. It's just like, I love the Warriors fans, but it's so good, Well, I hate you. Yeah, I think he kicks as well. I think Shanell Harris Deveta to me seems like when he's at his best, he is like a proper game breaker.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: The first you would have heard of him was he was the guy who in the I think it was the key he's under twenties, under nineteens or something. He did the scorpion kicked oh my god, scored a try where he dropped the ball behind his back, healed it over his head and scored a try in a game of consequence. I so forgot about that. He is a player that runs off confidence.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Back in his first stint with the Warriors, he's putting shots on dudes, comes screaming out of the line and killed dudes on defense.
Speaker 3: Who Yeah, I hope he will be kicking. But if he's not kicking right, and we have to rule Mitch Barnett out because you interviewed him, he got groin surgery right, and now he can't kick anymore.
Speaker 1: He said, I got the snipper, Now I can't kick right, which I don't know.
Speaker 2: Someone screwed that up at the time.
Speaker 1: I thought it. At the time, I thought it was the sick to me. But it's just giving birth to a second kit. Well he hasn't you know, he hasn't added VI sect me. Is what I'm saying, Who do you think is kicking behind?
Speaker 2: I think? Is it not so mighty?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I assume? So right now? What can't you do? Yeah? I assume so, But just looking down, I can wait, he can kick.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have thought so. He'd say about four posts when he looked up. That's a really good point. I feel like Dylan Walker could probably kick as well. Yeah, I Dylan Walker seems like the guy who grabbed the tea at the end of practice and just drill them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what don't you do it in the game, just missing around?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's who I Yeah, I reckon to Mindy Martin or Dylan Walker. And the reason we're even spitballing this is because at the weekend we were down to our fourth choice kicker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so things happen. Yeah, I come with the man.
Speaker 1: But look long and short of that, looking at those two teams as they line up, what do you think is going to happen here? How do you think this game plays out? Would you like to know who's the favorite at the at the tab? Sure, I mean I know who it is, but sure it is the Warriors. Yeah, a dollar twenty six?
Speaker 2: Correct? What are the Tigers playing? Paying three dollars ninety? It's good eating?
Speaker 1: No, Look the issue with the lines thirteen and a half as well. The issue with that's a tricky line. But to be fair, the Warriors could blow that open or it could be one of those annoying, really close games where it shouldn't be. I feel like the Warrior is going to absolutely do a number on the Tigers and just reignite everyone's hopes for the rest of the season, hopefully start up of a win streak, and if Dyllan and Roger don't combine for three or more tries, I will eat my hat.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, we might have to look into that for the med Monday hunch later on in the podcast. I agree with you as well, the dollar eighty eight for them to win thirteen plus. I think, yes, we're in a tough spot. I think the Tigers are in even worse spot. Yeah, they've got nothing to play for. And like I was saying Angie earlier on today, I was like, look, if we can just hunt the Tigers this weekend, then we just get a week of being like you know, we get a week of everything's right in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and then we're going into the yep which which will be tough, but I mean, funk, we could win two and imagine the fever pitch here in New Zealand. If we beat the Tigers, then beat the Eels, It'll be do we dare to dream?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: The good thing about the two teams were about to play is that both the Wooden spoon contenders. Yeah, whereas the Tigers have no issue getting wooden spoon because they're used to it. The Eels, however, were in the Grand Final two years ago. Yeah, they are playing to not get the spoon. We then hit the Dolphins, who are humming. We hit the Seagulls, who are humming. We hit the Bulldogs. To be fair, Dolphins and Seagulls are sort of humming, but they are beatable. Their defense, both those teams, their defense is pretty shoddy, but their attack is awesome.
Speaker 2: Shark's beatable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then a buye surely, mate, Like, there's no roosters in this run.
Speaker 3: There's no Melbourne, there's no Penrith. Yep, there is nothing like, to be honest. What I'm worried the most about is the Bulldogs, just because of the defense. But we almost beat them the other day, you know that, very very close.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so we should be able to go on it. And we've said this so many times. Sit for about six weeks now, but we should be able to go to a bit of a wind streak here, yeah, and just get things hessing for the end of the season. I agree with you. Look the four and twenty four pack the Mad Monday. Well, we're just going to take a second to compose ourselves rehab man the four and twenty four pack prize pack, all right, Now, that's a tongue twisted. I don't on the Best of the Times four and twenty four pack prize pack. Each month, the Mad Monday team are giving away four tickets to the Warriors and four and twenty five out just to enter text a monthly keyword three two three six. Listen to the podcast apps to find out the new keyword you're listening right now.
Speaker 2: The keyword is spit to ex spit.
Speaker 1: To three two three six to be into the win four tickets to the Warriors and four and twenty pis.
Speaker 3: Just had a thought, Yeah, and the hell's justin olum and like David Klemmer and all those kind of guys at the Tigers have they just completely dropped all their old boys now and they're just giving up because that's what it seems like.
Speaker 2: Look, a bit of podcast would probably have known that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a question to you without preempting it. It's just I thought, I just had I was like, surely they have some older players here. What the hell's happened to them all. But yeah we should pants them. We better we were.
Speaker 1: Pants them all. Right, take quick break. When we come back, we're going to talk a little bit of super coach. Uh. Look, Chris, I don't know who to bring in this week. I want to be completely honest with you.
Speaker 2: And you got Cleary. We're getting down to the point hered year. So this is the thing.
Speaker 1: The only guaranteed blue chip must buy this week, I think is Nathan Cleary.
Speaker 3: That's right. So you and I, I think we both brought him in. I was on your couch when I brought him in last week. Yeah, so we brought him in and it was like, shit, he's coming back from the hammy, but he's had extra time off.
Speaker 1: I also had Nico Heines, so I was like, I don't want to have that money sitting on the bench. Same here, we did the exact same trade. Heine's out.
Speaker 3: Finally Cleary and that is locked in unless he gets in for the rest of the season. The Panthers, I think have the easiest or the second easiest run home for the rest of the season. Panthers Knights, Warriors and like Sharks.
Speaker 1: So the Panthers play the Dragons this weekend. I think they might have a buy somewhere, then the Knights, then the Eels. They do play the Storm at one point.
Speaker 2: What a great game.
Speaker 1: That's going to be going to be an absolute banger. But I think they play every game as well. Yeah they do, ye, So.
Speaker 2: Getting Nathan Clarion is excellent.
Speaker 3: It's a shame Dylan Edwards is out because, to be honest, if you don't have turbo and I've actually got a note here that says don't bring turbo and oh really yeah is it a hot take?
Speaker 1: Oh, just just we'll get to that hot take. Just on the Dylan Edwards thing. They tend to cannibalize each other's numbers a little bit. That's why Dylan Edwards has been the highest scoring player this season because Cleary has been out.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and he does more and he was also I think the goalkicker. Dylan Edwards.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a I don't think it's a good thing that he's out for Cleary's numbers, but it's it's yeah, why don't you want to get turber? He has had two massive scores in the last couple of weeks. I believe he is playing this weekend. Then next week they've got to buy. He's playing the Panthers. This weekend, he will score fifty and then he has a BUYE is why you wouldn't bring him in right the following week after that, you look at him, and then I think that's when Kaylen pomers because Kaylen Ponger is obviously back.
Speaker 2: He's on the buy this week.
Speaker 3: He's on the buy this week, and then Kaylen Ponger, I believe plays. He might be playing our team, but the Panthers, as wow, let me just double chairs playing the Panthers yet. So you've got this interesting situation where two of the best fullbacks that aren't Teddy have got Panthers and a bye wait two weeks for both, and then just have a geeze at the rest of the run home as to which one of those two you want, because I think kp is actually going to be like six hundred and something thousand, and Tom Turbo is going to be so expensive. If you don't have Turbo, it's gonna be hard to get him. It's gonna be hard to get him. But don't bring him in this week because he's playing the Panthers. And then there's a buye. Yeah, if you have to wait, And I've got Pam who's just found out his feet are broken and has to have daily injections twenty something needles in the last few days. It's just like, I can't wish I knew that news before I brought him in. I mean, cry for me, but also I've got extremely sorry for him. Just wait a couple of weeks and have a geeze because then you've got Ponger to look at. He'll be way cheaper than Turbo and I will be bringing in Ponger. Yeah, and just that Turbo against the Panthers and then a break and then who what happens when Cooler comes back? It's Cooler going to go back to fullback. And like there's just so many question marks. Man, No, I think Turbo is back to fullback full time. But that's a gamble, right, whereas with Ponger there is no gamble. He is the fullback. I guess the gamble is Tyson gamble.
Speaker 1: The Tyson gamble here is And I had this Tyson gamble last week was what if pong is a little bit flat, his team's not as good, so what if he struggles and he did last week, I was gutted.
Speaker 2: I made the call.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm going Pongo, I'm not going Turbo and scored forty nine points. Did they play Turbo scored like fifty something. If I'm scrolling back the Knights they took on.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They took on the Broncos and they lost thirty points to fourteen.
Speaker 2: That's sorry.
Speaker 3: They had a bit of a shitter, but they're run home the Bronco. Other Knights is really good. The Knights play, yeah, Panthers, then Tigers, Sharks, Rabbit, Os, Titans, Dolphins, and after their buye, which is this week, they don't miss another game for the rest of the season. So it's just it's just one of those flip of the coin things. Last year, Ponger was the best player in Super Coach when he was healthy. Two years before that, Tom Turbo was. So I'm just saying, don't bring Turbo. And yet wait till he's had that buy and played the Panthers, and then have.
Speaker 1: A look at way Out too, and then I think, decide, who's your who do you like watching play more?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's what I said.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And do you have heaps of Knights in which case, maybe don't bring Ponger and maybe go for Turbo and vice versa, and also see which one's got the highest ownership, because if like, let's say, seventy percent of super coaches had Turbo, what's the point in bringing him and you're just joining everyone. You may as well take a punt, yeah, and bring in the other fellow that, like I may be only ten percent of people, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, try and get a word instead of betting for a draw exactly the other player that's on my radar, and I've tried to shuffle him around, and I think it's quite a confusing spot for him as Angus Crichton, because if you got rid of him over that origin period, you're probably going to want to get him back.
Speaker 3: But there's no shortage of massive second row options. Well, that's the thing is. I've looked at mine because I was like, shit, I need to get critened back. And then I was like, well do I because I've got Forefeeda or look and Cator, Well yeah, the big three. Yeah, I've also got Mitch Barney into my front row, who's too second row eligible. Yeah, and kam klum a toungy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See this is the thing that is stacked. So it's a massive luxury trade. You would have to have so many trades up your sleeve to be able to pull that off. I've got six, I've got eight, and even I'm not.
Speaker 3: So even I reckon if you've got ten, then maybe like downgrade some get some extra cash, bring Criding in because he will be mean for the rest of the season. I think they've got one will buy though, But to be honest, if you've got like any of those five dudes we just said, there's a couple of other Fellers too, then you might not need to.
Speaker 2: It's a very like sideways trade almost. Yeah. I know Josh Curn's in my second row thing as well.
Speaker 1: Now that Max King's gone down, But few more minutes for him front row.
Speaker 2: You brought him in a while ago. It has paid dividends for you.
Speaker 1: And that is Mitch Barnett's now one of the highest paid or Jesus most expensive players and super coach, and deservedly so, has run and form over the last few games. They've just been a ton ton, ton, ton ton. He's taken over from Adam Vanola Blake.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Having said that, Adam Fanil Blake's five hundred and something at the moment, so you could sneak him back in, But then you have to keep in mind Round twenty seven, the final round, the Warriors have a buy, so Mitch won't be playing and Adam won't be playing, a guy I was seriously considering because I've still got tire Or May who just seems to hang in there. He's coming off the bench this week. He's six hundred and sixty nine thousand dollars, which is a shitload. I was thinking about paying aass, so was I. But he's just he didn't train today, He's got an injury. So it's just all these things like that, and it's but also I'm like, shit, with six trades left, do I give a shit about front row that. I think you save those six trades for like gun sine wings, fullbacks, second rowers.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 1: I also think, like each week I treat super coach like what is my opportunity, Like what's my advantage this week? My advantage of this week is I have a full team and I even get to pick between kale Or and Burbo off the bench, Like I've got enough players.
Speaker 2: I don't need dudes.
Speaker 1: In My advantage this week is I don't have to trade, bro, So if I can sit on those, Yeah, and then next week Nathan Cleary does his hemmy again or something like.
Speaker 2: That, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the other good thing too, is if you can go to round twenty because the season finishes, the overall season finishes in round twenty seven.
Speaker 2: But I think he had to head leagues finish up in round twenty six. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you are going over all, which I am, I'm kind of trying to do both, Sam, if you go into those two last weeks with four trades up your sleep so you can make two trades per week, there are going to be restings. There are gonna be all sorts of shenanigans going on. Yeah, so you kind of want four for the last two weeks, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you think about that and then look at your trades and you've got enough players to field a healthy decent and you're just sort of netpecking, it's not even worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's sort of where I'm at the moment. So I'm not bringing anyone in. So hey, neither of I, neither of you. I've talked to a couple of people around the office. Adam and Joel have both told me that they're not bringing anyone in, but they're also playing each other in the head to head match up.
Speaker 2: But Adam has got like seventy trades.
Speaker 3: He's going to liven. Yeah, he just doesn't trade, and he still I admire him. I think they're both foxing, right.
Speaker 1: I think they don't want to tell anyone yeah, or what they're doing, so the other one doesn't find out.
Speaker 2: Who do you captain this weekend?
Speaker 1: Then if you're looking down there, I mean, I think I'm one of a million people who kept in.
Speaker 2: Teddy last week and he scored thirty three.
Speaker 3: Avoided that just because I was like, oh, everyone's captaining him, and then like that's sort of where you can take pot shots and try and catch people up. And I lost because of it. Yeah, obviously Turbo was the god. I captain Garrick, who got eighty. I should have captained Cleary, but first came back. I'm gonna learn my lesson and captainhim. This week, they're playing the Dragons. Sorry Turbo Cleary Cleary. Yes, so Nathan Clary Penrith playing the Dragons on Saturday nights, so I think they might be on Sunday, which means you've got a free shot at Yeah, so four pm Sunday they're playing the Dragons. So vice captaining you could to be fair. Yeah, if you've got Art, yes, he'd be a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the one I'm going for is and he's got a foot with twenty one needles hanging out of it. I am going to vice captain Ryan Papenhausen against the Eels just because the Stormer in such great form. Surely he can limp over for a hat trick against a terrible Eels outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's the sort of thing where like one percent of people might be doing that captain, and so if it comes off, it's like a pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I'm probably gonna be Nathan Cleary for captain. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was undone last week by uh the person I was playing in the head to head captain Hammer. Oh.
Speaker 2: I scored one hundred and forty eight points.
Speaker 1: It's such a great game, exactly how many points I lost by I am with you as well. I think if you've got nothing clearly in your team, put the captain on him.
Speaker 3: If you lose, you lose Yeah, put the captain on him and then chuck a cheeky vice captain on one of your favorite players he's playing earlier, whether it is Mitch Barnett or just someone.
Speaker 1: You could feel might have a good game. Ed Blake Reeks of two tries this weekend.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the forward pack is pathetic for the Tigers. I love saying all this and then.
Speaker 1: And then we get shirt on probably yeah, but yeah, put it in on the Warriors there, that could be a good option.
Speaker 3: Just quickly we mentioned the Dolphins are Hammer. Would you be keen to bring him in?
Speaker 1: I did look at it, and basically I can do like Vowel Holmes because I feel like the Cowboys have come off the boil quite a bit. Yeah, I could do Vlle Holmes to Hammer.
Speaker 3: I could, can I before you decide the Dolphins, Yeah, play the Titans this weekend, Roosters, Warriors, Bulldogs, Melbourne Broncos Nights to finish. One of the worst finishes to the season is the Dolphins. I've got one of the hardest paths. That makes me want to have been a circle bro.
Speaker 2: Same And so here's here's what I'm hiring up for next week. All right? Yeah, it Suckle.
Speaker 3: He's playing the Titans this week. Defensive shit, leave him in there. Hopefully he scores a double and converts all the tries and gets a hundred. Trade has asked down to Isaac Tummel. Oh, yeah, he's three hundred and ninety something. Yeah, he was around eight hundred thousand at the start of the season because Nathan Cleary was playing with him and opening up that right side. Since then, once Nathan Cleary went down, his scores went down, the toilet fell off the cliff. He's now back and the Panthers have got a beautiful run home and he's just like your sixth option or whatever, and it frees up three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that similar option, Ronaldo Molly tulleor for a very similar reason, down to him. Down to him, you're not going to clear up as much cash. No, But with Braden Trendle dominating that team, and then the one last option that was rattling around in my head is the McLean fellow who's on the wing for the Panthers at the moment, he is bargain basement. If you really need to clear clear up some I've already got I've got Jake is a Jacob tongue, Jake tung or for the Eels.
Speaker 3: He's bottom dollar, but he sucks, and the Eels suck. I wish I had held off and gone for him for McLean. Yeah, because he's a genuine Sure, if you've got a guy who's worth six hundred thousand, you can clear up a whole lot of cash and just absolutely bring in a game like Angus Crichton or something. Yeah that he looks to have decent like decent jobs. Ish he should play at least half of the games moving forward. So I think we're in a grants bring clearian. Figure out how you can do that with your team. Captain him as well, don't ever think it.
Speaker 1: Don't bother with a massive high rolling prop if you don't know if one already.
Speaker 2: If you've got a couple of guys punching out fifties, just leave them.
Speaker 1: Probably steer clear of the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Steer clear of the Dolphins hardest after this week, Yeah, after they play the Titans and.
Speaker 1: Then mcleans your cash out option. That's right, and little tongue all there. If you want an actual playable cash a little tongue in action God four and twenty. It's giving you the opportunity to see the Warriors versus the Bulldogs on August twenty third. We will remain undefeated between now and then, so you're going to want to go. Thanks to the Mad Traveler, this includes flights, accommodation, five hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 2: Cash cash to win.
Speaker 1: That takes pie to three two, three six and you will be in to win all thanks to the four and twenty Traveler.
Speaker 2: Pie.
Speaker 1: You can eat that with one hand or the knife and Fork's entirely up to you.
Speaker 2: We're going to take one more quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we're going to put together today's Mad Monday Hunch.
Speaker 2: All right, Chris, you put this one.
Speaker 1: Together last week and you mentioned that you had never in your life hit a three league multi before in a game.
Speaker 2: Fortunately you were still undone.
Speaker 1: You did hit two leagues, which is the most agonizing way to miss one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's classic.
Speaker 3: And the worst part was I put so much research into that multi, but the raid has not being able to score points in the first half and we always come out firing, and then we did that thing where we don't come out firing. Yeah, so that was the one that led us down was the Warriors to just win the first half. I didn't even have her who was going to win overall, because I just don't want to bet on that anymore. With the Warriors, Yeah, I'm just done with those, not because I don't believe in them, because whatever I bet the opposite seems to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the problem of betting on or against the Warriors is you're already so emotionally invested.
Speaker 3: That's right, So bet on try scorer is bit on fun stuff. Yeah, that's what I like to do. Now, So you've seen something before and I've immediately forgotten. Oh, Dellan and Roger are combined for three or more?
Speaker 1: Three or more. I don't think you can do three or more. Let me, I'm just scrolling through now.
Speaker 2: I don't. Oh, maybe you can't. One two, three.
Speaker 1: Combined tries duos Dellan and Roger two of us as shiit. That was paying four dollars fifty not much, but looking at that team all right, because they think it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Now, do we multi that up with something else or do we just leave it? I think we leave We just leave that, right, and we leave it. See, this is where they get you. Otherwise it gets too convoluted. Yeah, and it's just leave that because you've now got two guys that need to score three tries plus two other things.
Speaker 2: It's just going to be too hard to yeh.
Speaker 3: Whereas what we're what we're betting on now is just a bloody exciting game where our experienced backs are going to tear through their extremely young and experienced backs.
Speaker 2: Yes, and am placing their bit right now.
Speaker 1: So for those of immutants at home like to follow us along, that is dw z or Roger two of us as shick to score three plus tries between the two of them, and that is four dollars fifty. If you want to find that on the TB app go down to try score a combo markets. It's actually quite a fun way to bet. There's a million different options down there. It'll be myself and Hurly tomorrow night commentating that one. Yeah, I was supposed to be maybe up and stood down. You've been, stops commentry curs. Oh, of course I had been and stood down, but due to insufficient numbers, we've been given a grant from the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right to allow me to still play, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that, Enjoy the commentary tomorrow live on Skysport nine. Enjoy your weekend of rugby league and we will be back on Monday for another episode of the Mad Monday Podcast. See uh, Australia without Australia without rugby league, He's not Australia.