Speaker 1: This is an iHeartRadio New Zealand podcast.
Speaker 2: Out of the Gates with Maddie McLean, Chris Henry and Brad Christensen. Oh it is Oh, it's nice to be back. And we haven't cracked open a can in a while, so that sound effect has been missing from the podcast.
Speaker 3: She's very delicious. Bradley's away as away America.
Speaker 2: Are we about to say what he's gone away for? Do we know what he's going on? I know what he's gone away for. I feel like I can say, but maybe I shouldn't because it's not my news. He's gone, he's gone to he's gone to press something overseas like he's definitely gone for work. It's quite high level as well. And if this comes off, Okay, I'm not gonna say, I'll tease it. If this comes off, it's going to be huge a for Brad because it's very exciting and be huge for New Zealand like big for Auckland. He's pitching for something to come here. He's definitely getting Tamis for theirs. I think we might have missed the mark on that one. No, but it's very exciting, That's all I'll saying. If he can talk about it when he comes back. We'll let him talk about it. It's not my news to share it. No, definitely not.
Speaker 3: But as promised, and this is in a real out the Gate format. We're always we're like big talkers. We'd like to have big, grand ideas. And when Brad left last week, we were like, can we get a third? It's fun a third, and it's fine a third when you're away, can we like replace there?
Speaker 2: It's like having all play with someone new and fresh and exciting. And he said, go for gold, like, get on the apps, have fun. I give you permission. But what usually happens with this podcast is big idea is no execution. So there was a very real thought that we might get to today and it's just me and Chris going. We were too lazy and we didn't do anything about it, but we've done something about it. We got a third. We certainly have. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Out the Gate.
Speaker 1: Yah man, so hi, this is my first home ever being a third, And how's it going so far? Loving that so far.
Speaker 2: We'll take it easy on you. We'll go slide, we'll go slow, we'll go at your pace.
Speaker 3: The tough thing about being a third is often like all the attentions on you, so you just like you Just safe word banana. If we're going too strong, we can always pull.
Speaker 1: Back, yeah, safe word yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in this for the long haul. We you and I Chris do need to remember like eye contact. You know, we've we've built something together. So let's not forget about each other just because we've got a new sh like toy Sorry to do it, Sorry to describe it as a toy cam. You're much more than that. Absolutely, but we are very excited with you today. Jesus got to scare him up before we even started.
Speaker 1: I am quite glad. I'm the closest person to the.
Speaker 2: How are you care?
Speaker 1: Great? Thanks?
Speaker 2: How are you very well? Thank you good so. Lots of our listeners will absolutely be familiar with you. You had a very long career here at ZITIM. You also famously on Celebrity Treos. Rather than a couple of seasons, agoys, I would say, so you're a big character that season.
Speaker 1: Still don't know how to count for anybody that did watch the show, you made it all the way to the top six. Yeah, I kind of forget that that happened. Sometimes I forget that he won it. Sometimes I don't forgot about it.
Speaker 2: I don't because I've made it my entire personality.
Speaker 1: Did you win it?
Speaker 2: No, you didn't win it twice? You want to twice? One? One? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good, good personality trait to have.
Speaker 2: Well, there's worse things to be to feel like you can bring up all the time, isn't there true? He made Barbara Grindle cry? You remember, No, Barbara Kendall made me cry.
Speaker 3: I cry.
Speaker 2: Look at me. I've just changed the narrative. I am making anyone. No one's crying because of me, I hope not. Anyway, I can't imagine you're making someone cry. I don't think so. But anyway, welcome back into the building because you're not INSI me anymore. You're not in.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a slap card to get in. I was just standing on the street, like, did.
Speaker 2: You What have you been doing lately? Catch us up?
Speaker 1: Working for a company called Play It Strange, which is a songwriting competition that there's four competitions for young people across alter Or and each year we record a bunch of songs. Are doing one hundred and sixty songs, so the finalists from the competition end up going to a recording studio and recording the songs.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 3: It's so cool that you're still in music and making a difference. So hey, older to there, Ah.
Speaker 2: Because you love music. Is your life?
Speaker 1: Love music? Yeah, I don't think I would be able to survive without music.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what your earliest like music memory was? Do you remember who like got you hooked into music?
Speaker 1: Always just in the car with my parents. Yeah, we'd just be listening. It was probably something real embarrassing. I remember vividly. We would often listen to the house.
Speaker 2: Hey there was a banger because one of them did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you remember your first tape? Or it would have been a Blessed bless You would have been a.
Speaker 3: First tape would have been something like Michael Jackson. But I do remember getting a CD player when I was younger, and I bought a Tony Charles album.
Speaker 2: Tony Child, you know, Don't Look Away? Yeah, banging there, And I remember I can't remember my first tape, but I do remember my first CD. It was Real McCoy Another in the Dream.
Speaker 1: But alwaise, you.
Speaker 3: Were just to to talk about songs and they have just like performed like a little melody of like she messed it.
Speaker 2: It was like that. Like most radio stage shows will have something called a hook where they get to like actually play like a third second thing. We're not that organized, so you have to do it live. No, because you've got no idea how to use that, no clue one. It's a one where I can turn this thing on in press play.
Speaker 1: Truly, Hey, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We do manage to get a podcast out every week somehow I don't know how.
Speaker 1: But impressive.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we are. We are very impressive.
Speaker 1: It's actually harder than people think pushing all the buttons truly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the board looks far more like it looks intimidating.
Speaker 1: I think it is intimidating.
Speaker 2: Okay, well if you say that, because you've done this for years.
Speaker 1: There's lots of lights and colors. I remember there was one point in time I kept pushing the wrong buttons and I just about got fired. Continue pushing the wrong buttons out the door, mat and don't bother come down.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, well I haven't been fired. I haven't been fired yet. Well, I'll tell you a little secret.
Speaker 3: This is a secret that we'll just keep within ourselves and our Gator family. I reckon the reason that many doesn't know how to use this is because it's like being able to make a cup of tea when you first started an office. If you make a shit, people don't ask you to make abitear.
Speaker 2: It's true. So having no idea how to use it, and he's like, man, I don't know it is truly Yeah, no no idea and then I just get to skate through life with everyone else doing the work for me.
Speaker 1: That's actually genius. I think you need to write a book about how to how to conceptualize this and then bring it into the real world totally. I definitely read that absolutely.
Speaker 2: Maddy, how's your week? Then? My week has been good, really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a really busy weekend. I went up to Faraday, which I'll tell you a little bit more about. Yeah, because there were a couple of incidents not in sidence that makes it sound a little bit more dramatic than it was. There are a couple of stories that came out of it that I was going to share with you today. But I went out to Faradai, which was beautiful in Northland, I went cheered on my husband as he did the ocean swim, did the harbor crossing in Auckland on the weekend. My goodness, it looked so impressive athlete.
Speaker 3: His husband has got like a real little smart appy thing that shows you where you're going, but like better than that, like it's like three d ins yeah, and it looked a really really long way.
Speaker 2: So it's three point It was three point three k's, which doesn't seem like a huge amount if you're thinking about because often we think about k's as like walking or driving or running three point three k's it's not huge, but when you're swimming there, So that was for those of those of you who know Auckland, it was from Dimport to Silo Park.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a really long way.
Speaker 1: And also like you could swim three keys in a pool, which is a completely different experience to swimming in the ocean because there's tides and.
Speaker 2: So and that's it. So the current was so strong. I think sixty people got pulled out of the water because they were being like drifted away. And there was one point. I don't know if you looked at their map closely, but Ryan was doing a really great job of swimming in a really straight line until a very certain point in the map where all of a sudden jumps out to the side really dramatically.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: The current just started dragging him. Yeah, it's still so impressive. And he's got a big fear of sharks.
Speaker 2: Mess, He's got an insane phobia of sharks in open water, so for him to do it was huge.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, massive shout out to Ryan for doing that and to the TAMS team. That's the gay swim girl. Are they exclusively homosexuals?
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 3: I feel like the homosexuals have taken over the swim group and been like, well, have this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe they. I believe they are exclusively homosexual. I'm sure they'll be that'd be welcoming, But I don't know that they I don't know that there are any straits all women taking part in in the TAMS. I'm an ally.
Speaker 1: It's like straights judgment.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no, no, no, no, this is definitely not because the majority of our audience listening to this podcast are straights. Yeah. Straight, I hope the drop off the school went really well.
Speaker 1: This Yeah, they mind being referred to as the straits.
Speaker 2: Well they're still here with us, and we've been doing this podcast for almost three years, so here the cators. So that's true. Different, that's true.
Speaker 3: It happened to have heterosexual things, and you know it's not natural. Hey and you no, but we don't yack someone's yet, no, yack someone's yeah. And if that's how you want to live your life, that's fine. Just don't raim it down our throats. You know.
Speaker 2: Here's what I will say about cheering on someone that's in a swimming competition, because if you like, if you go along and cheer the like I was thinking, the marathon's coming up on a couple of weeks. It's very easy to spot people that you are cheering on, you know, you know, you can see them and you know them, and they look pretty much the same. They might just be a little bit more red and sweaty. I could not, for the life of me, figure out which one was my husband. We've been together for eight years. I couldn't have picked them up out of a liner.
Speaker 1: No clue.
Speaker 2: The black wetsuit with the yellow cap.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, the other thing you're cheering them on. But their heads underwater can.
Speaker 2: They can't even hear me. No, no, no, But I got so. Ryan famously does not love attention and doesn't love a farce, and so he made it very clear to me. He said, don't you don't make a sign, I don't. Don't you go making any sign to bring with you. And he said, and I don't want any fan fare, don't chair for me when I get out of the water. So I was under strict instructions to stand there silently, with no sign.
Speaker 1: Moment of silence to appreciate the hard yack of swim.
Speaker 3: But I just imagine him getting out and then you being like a like a five year old child with your arms down the side, just like honestly oop and holler yep.
Speaker 2: But I had like a little twitch going because I desperately wanted to, like like hope, whoop and holler, and I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't allowed to have just taken a megaphone of us.
Speaker 2: The worst part was I met these women who were sitting standing next to me, and we had been talking before while we were waiting, joking about how hard it was to pick the person that you were there to cheer on. But it just so happened that their person got out of the water at exactly the same time as Ryan, so just as Ryan had spotted me, and I did give him a little wave, but I made no sound, made no sound. The women beside me started like screaming and cheering, and I think he thought that I for a second. He was like, he's roped in other people. He's like found a loophole support crew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not allowed to clap for him, but.
Speaker 2: You So that was my weekend.
Speaker 3: Chris oh Waite A great weekend I went to. I was in Sydney last week.
Speaker 2: I went to the south By Southwest Town busy friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a really fun a little bit probably like insular, but like some sort of some really cool industry stuff. Saw some amazing live performances. Went to Travis Scott on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 3: It was amazing? Like he is an incredible performer. But I tell you something that and this makes me feel very unpatriotic. But I was wandering into the stadium and I was walking around, and I was looking at all the people that were there, and I was like, fuck, Australians are so much hotller than Key they are. There was not one ugly person all like skinny, tanned, beautiful white teeth.
Speaker 2: Perfect here.
Speaker 3: It's like everyone had gone in the morning, I had a haircut, got their nails down. Everything they looked so stunning, and I just just sort of like, I've been up since like three in the morning New Zealand Times, so like one of the morning Australian Times.
Speaker 2: I was dragging my ass and being like not too read bulls in me, but like would get myself so even at our best were a country of mingers.
Speaker 3: Honest slowly, I was just like just like looking at them a bit longingly.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your wonderful lives. I should be one of you. I would be born in the Promised But no.
Speaker 3: It was really cool and lots of fun and nice to be in Sydney, but also just really nice to be home.
Speaker 2: I got a I was very jealous. I got a photo from you last week. I was very very jealous. You mean a couple of my icons and a couple of your friends and they do say hello, No, they don't, they don't. They have no idea who I am.
Speaker 3: I was just partying with the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know there was a Real Housewives or Salt Lake City his favorites.
Speaker 2: You've got to get in. Have you ever watched any of the Real Housewives? May used to watch Beverly Hills. Beverly Hills is great. Beverly Hills is really good. It's the og that in New York are the Ogs. But if you were ever to think maybe I would like to get into the franchise, Beverly Hills is probably the best one and the easiest one to get into. But if you're not doing Beverly Hills, the next best thing is Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: How does it compare to Dubai? I did watch a couple of episodes.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen Dubai, but can I tell you about Salt Lake City. So, first of all, a lot of them are ex Mormons, So that often people who were raised in the Mormon Church and then for a variety of reasons, usually like because they wanted to get divorced, so they wanted to hook up with someone that they weren't supposed to hook up with. They've left the church. So now they're like these they were like repressed church goers who have now been like set free, and so they're kind of like making up for lost time. So they're crazy.
Speaker 3: Well case in point, I've never seen two women enjoyed a concert more in my life. Yeah, they were very thirsty too. They were like, I was like, what do you want to drink? Because we were we were in tonight and so we're in a nice spot of it. Just humble break. There just awaction in the corporate box.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: I was just in a corporate box. Uh.
Speaker 3: They were like tequila and I was like, well, what about some Prosico And they were like, We'll let the bottle and I was like, yeah, fair girls too.
Speaker 2: They just they know how to fight. They have great fights on Real Housewives. And then's you kind of watch it for that, you watch it for the drama. Three. The most dramatic thing I reckon that has ever happened on a season of Real Housewives of any of them, has happened on Some Lake City, and that is that in season two one of the Real Housewives, they are going they're about to leave to go on a girl's trip, and so they're all gathered in this car park like getting miked up, and the camera crews there and they're getting ready to leave, and so the crews are rolling but It's not footage that we would normally have seen because it's just so boring, Like it's really just the beginnings of the girls trip seems like a very real break of the fourth wall. It truly is. And while they're on the van getting all miked up and ready to go, one of the housewives gets a call and she speaks on the phone, and the next thing you know, she takes off her mic and she just quietly leaves and she tells the girl she has to go. She said, an emergency and she needs to leave. Next thing, maybe five minutes later, the Feds pull up in the car park looking for the real housewife. That that real housewife is now in jail, in jail. That's all I want to tell you.
Speaker 1: What a season is this?
Speaker 3: I need to watch that season and two of Salt Lake City. Okay, b to be purity and just start season one. You can't be just jumping in there.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, you need to you need to you need to understand the nuances and then you'll be hit with the most dramatic moment in Real Housewives history, which is that the arrest of Salt Lake City. They're currently up to season.
Speaker 1: Five, Okay, that's manageable.
Speaker 2: It's totally manageable.
Speaker 3: You can stream all of that free one extream all of that on hate.
Speaker 2: You There you go, well done, well done?
Speaker 1: Do you actually have a hay you account?
Speaker 2: Get into it here, we are get into it. It's so good. Somebody I got to meet two of the housewives last week. Well I got to interview them on Zoom and then Chris got to actually hang up with them in real life. He's not jealous at all, I know. And Cam not in front of our not in front of a THIRSD and can how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, no complaints. I'm trying to think of some fun things I've done this week. But all I've done is help some friends paint a fence and stay my deck? Deck? Not all right, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about.
Speaker 1: This is what we're here for. Deck is a word that trips me up, isn't it? Adam Lambert one time and I was playing that heads up game and I was like, I made a special deck and he was like, I'm sorry, you what?
Speaker 2: And then yeah, wouldn't he loved it?
Speaker 1: Loved the New Zealand ex Moving on, but sort.
Speaker 2: Of I'm how long to take you?
Speaker 3: What sort of color did you stain in it?
Speaker 1: Well, I live in a place where you have to adhere to these rules, so I didn't really have any choice over what color. I think it's called heartwood perfect.
Speaker 2: I did see if it does look so? Wait, you painted someone else's fence and you stained your deck this weekend? Yes, some hard. Yeah, it's a real deaddy sort of vice.
Speaker 1: So you're a good.
Speaker 2: How's that going for you? Actually, that's big. That's that's big friend goals to have someone that will come and paint a fence for you. Yeah, it was very generous, generous offer.
Speaker 1: It's a very close friend.
Speaker 2: So nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope they gave you a box of beers and some pizza at the end.
Speaker 2: Isn't it supposed to be the currency when people help you out for stuff. It's what I would expect. I mean, I'm too old, but people helping me out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: My friends would be like, can you not pay someone to do that? How much of an hour of your time is worth? I'd just be like, I'm busy. I'm too busy paint your own bloody fence.
Speaker 1: I'll help you paint your fence.
Speaker 2: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 3: A third, so quickly, First of all, how wild is the year going like? It's it's pretty much Christmas And I've got something Christmas wives talk about. So but Christmas has come a little bit early this year, and I've actually brought you to a present.
Speaker 2: Would you like a present? I'd love a present.
Speaker 3: Do you want to think back about what sort of is quite special about this time of year? There's an annual event in the wider calendar that is quite important to us every year and out of the gate we celebrate this very special occasion.
Speaker 2: Does this have to do what we talked about last week on the podcast. I don't know. I can't remember. It's not j October. No, but it's not Joctober, nor is it locked over.
Speaker 3: But October is the month that the So the calendar has been released this sweek twelve New Beautiful Hot Men and now is our annual pilgrimage where we look through the months and and.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, I'll give you a top line this year not into body. Here is the firefighters. There is a lot of chiseled, oiled.
Speaker 3: Up chests and not an ounce of fat. No one's rocking a dad bod my lord. Okay, So we're going through and we're picking a favorite. It was first of we'll go to your birthday month, because that's always the one that you want to find, and then tell us a little bit about them.
Speaker 2: So Cam Whine you born Okay?
Speaker 1: November?
Speaker 2: Okay? Who have you got?
Speaker 1: Or just named zach Hi zack Hi zach. He is lifting some oxygen tanks. He's looking very pumped. He looks foreign.
Speaker 2: He does like a little look a little foreign.
Speaker 1: I see that like Italian or something something like that.
Speaker 2: He's got lovely forearms, doesn't it great?
Speaker 1: Four arms? So I would love to know what he's been doing with those four arms.
Speaker 2: Obviously the month, the month of September, I think I'm a little bit more local min as a guy called George. Oh yeah, hi George. He's yeah, I'm not mad that he's my birthday month.
Speaker 1: White's a lovely smile, pearly white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gorgeous. He looks very friendly, like you could take him home to mum. Absolutely, he's a nice man.
Speaker 2: He could, he would.
Speaker 3: Actually he'd be the firefighter that would that would save the cat.
Speaker 2: Yes, right? Can some remembering me aut may May? Yes? You have got William, Oh, hi William. Definitely that is a gutter. Isn't there some serious gutters, isn't it. He's got daddy vibes, got real vibes. I'm quite low cut on the on the trousers, isn't it. Yes? But if you think those are gutters, look at January January Gate high end on. Yeah. I think my favorite, though, if I'm going to pick one, is Rob June June I'm vibing with. Rob has got a wonderful by Seve.
Speaker 1: That's a great bicet, isn't it just creator Bison?
Speaker 2: Nor would I?
Speaker 1: Also his zip is under.
Speaker 2: Rob knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: So the giv me fire Fighter calendars. They're on sale now. Well them up on Instagram so you can go and grab yourself a copy. And a massive shout out to Bevin who popped by the office and they dropped them off.
Speaker 2: Killed an even great even hooks us up.
Speaker 3: He always hooks us up. And then and the team offers always just like oh what was that? And then I put it down today and they were like, see the fur Fighter calendar. I said, all right, you can all have a lot. They've already been poured over by my team.
Speaker 1: Have a look, but don't touch.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it makes me want to have gone commit us and.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 3: You not necessarily the purpose of the calendar, but I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: You're just standing outside a little fire Well, thank you for the gift, but can I just quickly tease something because we don't want we don't want our gators missing out on a gift, and so we might not have a key Firefighters calendar. But stay tuned to the end of this episode because we have a very very exciting competition that we're running.
Speaker 3: We tease this last week and we have got two tickets to Troy Sevann My my month.
Speaker 2: Well you did there and you get to come along with us.
Speaker 3: We are very very excited. So we've got a game. We're going to play it right at the end. So it's going to reward those that stay right to the end of the podcast and we'll find out tomorrow who those.
Speaker 1: People actually are.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of months and times of year, we talked about job Tober. It's obviously the calendar has come out, but next month is something something is coming up. No, Nut November.
Speaker 1: That's my birthday month. I don't want to sign up.
Speaker 3: All the nut He's got the pistachio all nuts.
Speaker 2: So if you can't, Cam is picked up on the ethos of this podcast very quickly. How far I can position and you can keep going, keep going, keep We're all open. So if you didn't understand, the whole point of no November is very simple, just to go the whole month of November without we.
Speaker 3: Can say the technical term masturbating yep or ejaculating, ejaculating.
Speaker 2: I'm rubbing one out.
Speaker 1: That there was health benefits to rubbing one out? Have I been misled?
Speaker 3: I reckon it's in the same vein as red white and dark choppedla maybe like for a small part, but yeah.
Speaker 2: So those taking part in the thirty day challenge to not masturbate for the entire month of November, so they do it for a number of reasons, showing self restraint, you know, just a real challenge. How far can I, you know, my mental clarity become Others have claimed it as really good for their mental health and can boost their testosterone levels. It's obviously also become just a bit of a viral challenge, so some people might be chasing clout just to say that they've gone the whole month of movement without masterbating. But there are actually a potential number of problems that it could calls. According to a urologist from the US, Dr Rena Marlik is a urologist from the US, and they have said that there's some pros and cons to men cuffing the carrot. I've never heard that the real American way of putting isn't it rather than was like having a wing. So they say there are some benefits obviously from participating. You're feeling more clear, you're having deeper relationships, you feel like you're more excited about being with your partner and getting more clarity. That's great, go ahead and do it. Not ejaculating doesn't have any harmful consequences that we know of. They say body will essentially resorb the semen that you don't ejaculate out, so it's not a problem if you haven't done it for a certain amount of time. But she does have some concerns, and one of the concerns is that when you're going through this process, if you're trying to really focus on having orgasms without ejaculating, you can get very fixated on that prospect. Can be very hard to have a relationship, a very meaningful sexual relationship with a partner because you're very fixated on yourself. It can also cause a lot of stress and anxiety to go through. November masturbation, she says, does have a lot of positives that you can physically benefit from, including better sleep, decrease heart rate, decrease stress, and a lot of increase in feel good hormones. So if you're not doing that, you're not necessarily getting those benefits that you might have gotten otherwise. There is also, as she points out, the phenomenon known as blue balls, you can get pain in your pelvic floor or testicles due to not scratching that itch, and for some people that can be very painful and can last for quite a lot of time.
Speaker 3: Straighten and reading there as being like, oh my god, thank goodness, it's true.
Speaker 2: It's rare, the urologist says it. So I don't think that there's any particular like health concerns. But she does say, if you are going to do it, just make sure that you're still and you've got a partner, make sure you're still giving them attention and you're not focused too much on yourself and not you know, doing the deed.
Speaker 3: And I think that's totally fair, although I do have issue with something that you mentioned a little bit earlier in it. I imagine if you're participating in No No, No, member, are they saying that you're like brave enough that you can just sort of like do a week three quarter one where you can just get yourself like three quarters away there and then just put it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: No way, You've got to finish, You've got there.
Speaker 3: Was so frustrating on the Yeah, there would have some real serious self control, wouldn't that It would be where the blue balls would start from, because it'd be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but some people do swear by that, right, Yeah, getting to a certain point and then stopping and then doing that.
Speaker 3: Eject the business. Not for me, but hey, we never yacked someone's young.
Speaker 2: If you want to, if you want to partake him, No, no, go for gold. It's not for me. It's not for me.
Speaker 1: I have a question, and this may be a super supers away.
Speaker 2: Please don't. Don't you've run here long?
Speaker 1: Can you not? Not before you have a wet dream?
Speaker 2: Oh? Very good points. I reckon it'd be three.
Speaker 1: Weeks three weeks. I've never had one, neither have I I must wank too much.
Speaker 2: Maybe No Not November is going to be for you?
Speaker 1: Should I do it as a.
Speaker 2: Report, report back at the end of the month, report back at the end of the month. I would I would love to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, already evagators giving it a go. I mean, are you gonna do the double whammy? You're gonna come straight out of the back of October and then going to no no.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a lot of restrictions in these times.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it.
Speaker 3: To be honest, though, I have said a few tiktoks about this whole No Not November last year when it was happening, and it's definitely been taken by the like taken over by like the straight sort of Andrew Taits sort of the world where they're like, oh, I don't really need this, h but you'd just be a I was gonna use the seaweb.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 3: The only rule of this podcast. We've got to use the seaweed. Okay, that's all the other words. We can't say the seaweed.
Speaker 2: We've dropped dropped it twice, and we've cut it out both times because we said, it's almost like fourmost three four years have done this.
Speaker 3: But my point is if you were to do it, you'd just be It'd be a real angry sea to be around, wouldn't you be, like, I'm just take away some of the small joys in life.
Speaker 1: I know it is the cost of living crisis. We need to exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh dear.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, though, here's something that might be challenging to watch during no Nut November. Have you guys seen what Turkey's national sport is oil wrestling? So the turkishs like part of their national sport, these guys oil themselves up and then just jump on the bandwagon and start to just.
Speaker 2: Oh, can't off. They must know how gay the is.
Speaker 1: That was a great choice of words to wrestle each other. And just to give a little bit of context, Chris has just shown us a photo where the dude has his hands fully down and other dude's pants. Like when I say his hands, we're talking his hand and the majority of his arm les.
Speaker 3: Yet he's giving it a he's giving it a full guy, not.
Speaker 1: Just some of it, all of it, all of it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so Turkish make it oil wrestling.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a man, I was wondering what that was.
Speaker 2: He's just lying on the ground. They're being really, they must know how homoerotic that is, right when he looks like he's just giving him a nice little message. I think wrestling, I think wrestling in general is a very homo erotic sport one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: It was part of my sexual awakening truly.
Speaker 2: What doing or watching?
Speaker 1: Just watching?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I've seen many a paul where it started with a like wrestling team and a coach. Did I say too much? Not at all? Not at all, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: And speaking of things that might give you a bonat you put the bat today about a role that they're putting in it to need an airport? Oh yeah, I think I've heard a little bit about this, but I don't really understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: So essentially, what they're trying to do is the pick up and drop off area. They're wanting people to move on quicker, so they're putting in a three minute rule. When you're saying goodbye to people, you've only got three minutes to give them a hug and say goodbye and then you get the shuffle on.
Speaker 2: So the sciences max three minute hug and I think what they were trying to do was just be a little bit like quirky and clever, because what they what the CEO ended up saying, was like so many of the signs at airport, it's a very aggressive when talking about pick up and drop off, you know, like no more than five minutes where you will be ticketed. And they were like, there's be a little bit lighter and a little bit more like cheeky with it. But it's obviously gone viral around the world.
Speaker 1: Now every single news publication around the world has done a story on it. It's so funny. But yeah, if you go to any I was gonna say, supermarket, what is the airport? Any airport anywhere there is a time limit on how like in Auckland are the people that come out with their whistles and their whistles at you. Yeah, so aggressive and you have to go around and then you park up again and can they do another three minutes or do I have to drive around again?
Speaker 3: There's sort of people you'd be like yelling out the window like no, no, no, members, not for you.
Speaker 2: The other thing about it is three minutes, Like I'm a hugger. I love a hard. It touches my love language. Three minutes is a very very long time to put that into bespect of what I thought is, I'll see a timer and we'll just keep talking, and we might ef We're not gonna hug altogether for three minutes. No, I don't know that we need to.
Speaker 1: Women.
Speaker 2: We could, but it's more of a that's more of a visual thing, and we're over there. So what I'll do is, I've seen a timer for three minutes. We'll just keep talking, and when three minutes is up, I will let you know how long that has been, and then we'll see what it would be like to have hugged for this long. Okay, so imagine you were standing in your hug.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not gonna lie. I don't really like people in my personal space.
Speaker 2: So you're not a hugger. Cam.
Speaker 1: I'm a hugger, but I'm like three minutes of a hug. That's a long.
Speaker 2: It's a long long. It is a long hug. I did see an interesting step though, because because obviously did need an airport's gone really viral for this thing, right, and now all these other airports around New Zealand have come out and I was like, there's no bloody solidarity with the airports around New Zealand. You think that'll be like all in, all in together, but like christi Atch Airport and Auckland Airport and Wellington Airport have all come out and been like no, no, no, you can hug as long as you wanted our airports. I'm like, bullshit, I've been to Auckland Airport. They will they will move you on so.
Speaker 1: Quick a little blue hat. I still haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, But Auckland Airport put out did said that they did some really interesting research around hugging at airports recently, like separate from this whole Dunedin saga. They said seventeen percent of people say they're not they Only seventeen percent of people say that they would enjoy hugging in public places in New Zealand, but that increases to like ninety five percent of airports. So people are far more inclined to give hugs at airports than they are in any other public place.
Speaker 3: But airports are they do have a different set of rules, like whenever you go to an airport's probably only places where it's like acceptable to have an alcoholic beverage at like five o'clock in the morning when I was coming back from the airport on Sunday morning and coming through Sydney, and like the bars were full, like people were just really on the source. So I can see why the hugging would be in. And I suppose you're about to leave someone for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that whole love actually thing right totally.
Speaker 1: The other thing about airport's like I always get super embarrassed where I whenever I cry. Yeah, but I feel like I had an airport it's fine, Like I don't feel shamed for crying.
Speaker 3: And it's all the emotions, all the people. I just keep looking at you, thinking we would.
Speaker 2: We still be really, it would still being. It's the longest stream, isn't it wild? Isn't it absolutely wild?
Speaker 1: I feel like this entire year has gone faster than the all right.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm getting a bit of a bit of a damp sweat in this cuttle now, I know, and I love, like I said, I love hugging.
Speaker 2: I'd be getting uncomfortable right about now.
Speaker 3: Do you know the person that would love this three minute role, which should be fair, the pro Aska Elizabeth role.
Speaker 2: It would be your husband oh god, not a hugger.
Speaker 3: Not a hugger saying let's have a fifteen second roll.
Speaker 1: That was too long.
Speaker 2: I have to beg him for hugs. It's almost like it's become a currency in our relationship.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like like he's like, if you do this thing for me, I'll hug you.
Speaker 1: Cook me dinner and I'll give.
Speaker 2: You a hut truly.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, make me a coffee in bed and I'll give you a hug. There you go. Wow, all right, pull yourself off, guys, I'm sweaty. That's crazy, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Just well, I think I want to give them some creative I think today in the airport's being very generous about about giving you three minutes.
Speaker 2: For your cattles. Be a little too generous, But maybe if you're in a long distance relationship and you're leaving someone at the airports, three minutes is a long time, you want that three minutes, right, you definitely do.
Speaker 3: We like to also just break the fourth wall on this podcast and just like call ourselves out when we do a good seguay.
Speaker 2: And it was an amazing seguence. Thank you so much, thank you so much, thank you. What do you have to say about long.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm currently in a long distance relationship or first.
Speaker 2: Of all, yeah, yeah, yeah, year to love you, year to live?
Speaker 3: How far?
Speaker 2: How long? Is the distance?
Speaker 1: Just a casual Auckland to London? Oh no, this has all happened quite accidentally, and it often does now it's just too deep and yeah, but yeah, long distance relationships are so weird. I feel like it's transported me back to like the nineteen fifties or something, like we handwrite each other letters like it's real cute. But I'm like, I feel like I'm living in a different age.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So is this in New Zealander living in London? Yeah? And did you meet here in New Zealand before they moved to London.
Speaker 1: No, we met in New Zealand and he's been in London for seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He came back for a couple of months last summer. We met and then essentially just bonded over music. Yeah, and I was just like, you know, fun summer, summer of love. And then got to the end of the summer and I was like, oh no, I bought the fields and then the fields were kind of mutual and we're like, do we just try too long? Distance, and I was like, is this going to work? And everyone was like, this is never going to work. This is such a joke. Yeah, and then yeah, I saw him August, went over to London, and then he's back for another three months at the end of the year. So I'm like, just make it to the end of the year and then we can say we made it work.
Speaker 2: But you're what are you like almost ten months into this relationship. Yeah, and it's still going, still going. Oh, that's awesome. And how does it, like, do you talk every day?
Speaker 1: It's interesting. Before I went to London, no, we're just kind of talk from well, it wasn't from time to time, like.
Speaker 2: There was just no hard and fast rules about how often you talk.
Speaker 1: Talk whenever kind of thing. But then I think that trip really solidified everything. Oh yeah, we talk every day now.
Speaker 3: I mean there's nothing romantic about Europe and the summertime is there music festivals, trips to tropical islands.
Speaker 2: But when you went over there, were you nervous? Were you thinking I might have just spent the last six months or seven months thinking about this guy. And then I get over there and I'm like, this was never going to be anything, And like when he was here.
Speaker 1: He had spent like a few days and then he'd go visit his family or go visit friends in Melbourne or whatever. So it wasn't like an extended period of time. So that was the longest amount of time consecutively that we spent together. And I was like, this could be a bloody disaster and I'm going to the other side of the world to see whether or not this is going to work out.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't a disaster.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a disaster.
Speaker 3: Therese couple of old romantics like, you just go forth and conquer, my darling, You go and get it.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: We told each other that we loved each other at an a dull company. If is it ever a place to do it, that's it, I reckon.
Speaker 2: That's what Adele would want. A Dale would absolutely want that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the people standing next to us weren't so keen on it that they told us to shut up.
Speaker 2: So where do you go from here?
Speaker 1: Cam, Well, we've got three months together over summer. He's back in New Zealand for three months, so and then the end of it, just like roll the dice, do I go there or do you stay here will there have to be a big conversation in the summer.
Speaker 2: Then I think, so, how are you with big conversations?
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm a bit of a people pleaser, so I probably just you let me know what you want to do.
Speaker 2: I know that feeling. But can I say, as someone who is an eternal people pleaser and a very much burying my head in the sand kind of a guy, I have had to learn how to have big, difficult conversations obviously being married. Yeah, and there is something very like satisfying about knowing that you've done something, like pushed yourself outside of your comfort zone to do something. And the more that the faster you learn how to have those big conversations, the easier it becomes. And I would say when Ryan and I were first together and had to have some of those big conversations, they would often be very like almost like confrontational, combative discussions. And now, no matter how big and how serious the conversation is, we always keep a level head. They have very calm, clear conversations. We know how to communicate with each other. So the faster you can get to that point cam the better where it's like a bloody dream I look at you with your good advice. Easier than done. Easier is a pillar of.
Speaker 1: What we all dream.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for the summer, the summer of love, summer of love. Do you have big plans?
Speaker 1: We're actually going to a Kylie Minogue concert right in Melbourne, Great, which would be fun.
Speaker 2: So you've said I love you Adele. Yeah, what happens at Kyl.
Speaker 1: I don't know yet? To bloody to side is that going to be the engage?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh. See, Adele would love you saying I love you. Kylie would love an engagement at her.
Speaker 3: He would love that like that you'd been going to say, I love that that you were top that you top to doll.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but this is her meeting.
Speaker 2: This is on Cam's locks green like this is really side. Note he's very, very, very cute.
Speaker 1: We don't tell him too much.
Speaker 2: You want to you want to treat him and keep him king.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you both that what we said off he was going to happen has happened, and that we have gotten to the end of the podcast and there's so many things left on the run sheet that we haven't even discussed. You my god, we could save them for next week.
Speaker 3: Surely that or is in Yes, we absolutely can when we need to do a competition though, And that's why I'm wrapping us up, because we can't leave without doing the competition. All right.
Speaker 2: We tease it last week.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we like to pretend that we're like really professional, like, oh, you know how to do this, So we're talking to the promoters of the show and they're like, yeah, we can do this. But anyway, let's take abe who wants to win.
Speaker 2: Tickets to Troy Savann. Well, have we got the competition for you.
Speaker 3: Thanks to our very good friends at check GPT, we have got the name of a wonderful competition and it's called.
Speaker 2: Troy or False. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: So Troy Sevan is coming to Auckland and he's coming on December the second, and you can get your tickets today from Live Nation dot Coto in z. But I have got three facts. One of them are three pecks back to Ty Savon. One of them isn't true tomorrow. So we record this podcast on a Tuesday and it goes out on a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: So when you hear this podcast, actually the post will go up. You just have to comment on the post about with a beat or see is the one that is not true?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 3: Underligned not true? Perfect, And then next week we'll announce a winner. And then we've actually got a couple of these seconds, so we might do it again next week.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Okay, right, do you want to hear the facts? Love to hear the facts? Okay, we're gonna go around. You read number one, Okay, you read number two, and I read number three. Okay. Fact number one, Savan isn't Troy's actual last name. The second one his star sign is Virgo.
Speaker 1: Number three Troy didn't go to high school but instead was taught at home.
Speaker 2: So two of those facts are true. One of them is false.
Speaker 3: Now obviously we won't say the answer, but do you think does anyone think they know which one is not true?
Speaker 1: I think I do.
Speaker 2: I think I do too.
Speaker 3: Heal, Yeah, I didn't know any of them, so I'm I'm quite into it.
Speaker 1: Can we hold up the fingers and you say yes or no?
Speaker 2: You go on, yes?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: That too easy or no? I would imagine if there was a standard of Troy's it would be it's not the fact that I thought, so really were up? Which did you think? Ah? Okay, so there you go. Yeah. So if you think you have the Troy knowledge, we will put a post up on our Instagram page and you can go and vote there. You can find us on Instagram at out the Gate g A Y t E and we will draw when a next week for a double pass to go and see Troy s Varn in December.
Speaker 1: He is bloody good live.
Speaker 3: And I went and saw him years ago and loved it. But everything I'm saying about this to it, I'm like, get inside.
Speaker 2: Me literally just the tiny bit of spit like and he's got big topic in the g as top.
Speaker 3: Thought it was a bottom of Now he's like no, no no, And we also hope he's bringing Ross you know, the dancer.
Speaker 1: Ah Russ Lynch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mum, you are in your daddy era abltely Caim. Thank you so much for being with us this week.
Speaker 1: For havn't me. I had so much fun. I can't believe in hours gone.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy. It goes so quickly. And you know what, we went too creepy. We we we you know, we we keep it safe, we keep it conceingtion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was beautiful. The only thing I will say is I feel like the last bit of that chat there probably wasn't as much fun as the third you were hoping.
Speaker 2: Like. I love, we love deeper, meaningful.
Speaker 1: We don't advice. Thank you, Maddie, welcome.
Speaker 2: We don't mind a third that's got someone in a different area go. We'll take anyone at this point in our lives. Yeah, anyway, we will see you again next week. Bye bye,