Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gardens studio and brought to you by Export Ultra, the beer for epic pregames before All Blacks Games. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the eighth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Vulture.
Speaker 1: How's the health this morning, Lane.
Speaker 3: I'm not too bad, not too bad. It was quite a heaty weekend though, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Ed.
Speaker 3: I reckon, it's enough three nights in Dunedin. It's like Vegas. Yeah, three is.
Speaker 1: Enough, I'll say on the whole weekend. The worst city in the country to be hung over in because it's so cold outside and then so hot inside every ego. So to be able to try and regulate your temperature when you're already, you know, sweating out your eyeballs.
Speaker 3: It's quite draining, isn't it. Yeah, it is quite draining. But what a weekend.
Speaker 1: It was a huge weekend. I want to address something before we're going to recap our weekend. But I want to address something right up the top. The Fox South canerary rhetoric have reached fever pitch. The whole time we're down there across the weekend, people yelling it at me up the street, and it's one of those things where it's now starting to leak out into the mainstream where people that don't follow the acc are starting to hear and see it. Because somebody's drafted up a Fox South Canterbury Supporters support group shit that it's looking like we're gonna I.
Speaker 3: Think it's called the Fox South Canerbury Social Club.
Speaker 1: And so now people are seeing and town getting tagged and everything. People from WYOMT have been like, what's all this about? What's going on? And I just want to I want to try and clarify that this was something that someone from Mid Canterbury center in a few times and it just gains steam and the more that you try and stop it, the more it's going to grow. The more oxygen you put on the fire, bigger the flames are going to grow. So I don't know, we're gonna have to lean into it. I think the FUX South Canerbury Social Club what we need to do is sell that to anyone that's playing South Canterbury in the Heartland comp this year. So I think we'll make a lot of money doing that and if I can somehow funnel those funds back into South Canterbury.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what you need to do. You need to check like the black Cap Supporters support group, you know you short the market. Yeah, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: I need to if someone could put me in touch with Craig Growley, who's the mire down there, and I can explain myself.
Speaker 3: But I do like the way that we met a lot of great New Zealanders over the weekend, both the Friday and the Saturday nights, and I did like quite a few of them. It was their partying farewell, like they go make great to me, see later, fouth kenry and just do it under their breath as they walked away. And I was like, I like that. So that was a good interaction because you didn't have that hot with it. You just left him where as he left me.
Speaker 1: By the way, it was getting to the point where I was like, oh, think this guy was nice. I think we've gotten away with this fox South Canterbury by bt W. And then there were some other guys there who were from South Canterbury. They didn't know what was going on. What is every what does everyone first of all even know where South Canterbury is Yeah, thinking of well, why does everyone give a shit so much? Why do they hate it so much? As I don't know. Look, I take it as a positive, a term of endearment because in South Canterbery and in a lot of parts of the country, that's how you express a fiction. But telling each other to get fucked, Yeah, that's that's how because we are too emotionally stunted as New Zealanders to be like love you man.
Speaker 3: And look at least we're talking about it. Yeah, that's a right, thanks, we're talking about them. There's probably a lot of provinces who've got a lot of money and they spend on tourism and comms just to get people just to be in the conversation, you see, and that they'll probably spen hundreds of thousands of dollars to get in the conversation, like North Otago for example. Southland. Yeah, they're still they're still recovering from the gay gore slur back from the early nineties from Jeremy Wells. Yeah, they're still trying to calms their way out of that. Yeah, So you know, I would, I'd take it South Canterbury. Yeah, but it's turned me into it.
Speaker 1: Like now I get my back up every time I'm talking to some punda out in the streets, because they'll immediately be like, fuck South Canterbury, where are you from?
Speaker 3: Well, the true tests will be this Saturday at the Postsman's Postman's Leg for our pregame. Oh yeah, from two o'clock and Glenfield. If people are coming up to you in Glenfield, Auckland and doing that, then you know that, okay, it's they staying to get serious.
Speaker 1: They probably will, but they won't know where South Canaba is. A lot of people think like Hornby or just south christ here to South Canery.
Speaker 3: Initially I thought that I thought just drive ten kilometers south of christ Church there is South Canterbury.
Speaker 1: No, it's about two hours south of Kross. That's that's how long Canary is.
Speaker 3: But we meet some people from tamuk aademy, meet what are they called Timukians.
Speaker 1: Sort of just try and generally avoid them.
Speaker 3: Were possible, I didn't, but I didn't have any to comparison. And you're the only Wimo I know, you and Katie Bell. So I need to meet some other Waimos just so I can gather an opinion on the Wimos versus the Timukians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, okay, Well I'll get get a couple around. If you are left to go and do a show from the region theater, have bell play after it.
Speaker 3: If we do do that, I want to find where the boundary is between Canterbury and South Canterbury. And I want to erect a welcome to South Canterbury. Fuck South Canterbury just in brackets and erect didn't see how long it lasts.
Speaker 1: I think it's the wrong it's hard a river.
Speaker 3: Or do we say maybe it's not, so maybe it's like, well, welcome to South Canterbury and just have if is c like just at the bottom and of brackets so people who people who know will know. Otherwise it will get taken down pretty qurect.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of regions have those signs now in the towns. Yeah, look, I don't want.
Speaker 3: That to happen, but well, I'm sure I've got some sign riders out there who listen to the spots so that you get in touch slide into the DMS. I'll stop and iah deleting it and can't get onto it.
Speaker 1: First because all that they see people from South canbary that may vaguely know that I'm associated with the ACC, they must presume that it's me that's driving this whole thing, and that for some reason I've turned on my home my home region.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean by association, it is your fault, it is my fault.
Speaker 1: But I'm not I'm not propagatting anyway. We've already given it too, We've get it.
Speaker 3: The first ten minutes to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Is the problem again to try and explain myself so that if someone sees those posts, they're like, let me listen to this podcast, see what this is all about. I just want you to know it's not I don't I don't want them. I don't want that. We flew in on Thursday. We did the Friday podcast, so everyone would have been up to speed with how our weekend was going by that stage. On the Friday afternoon, we went out to the airport, picked a few punters up and I love that. You would have seen the photos on social media, but we got about three different groups of dudes who are all on lads trips at various stages of their life. You know, there was the young bucks who just finished university. As a group who were a little bit older. And then there was the old boys. You know, we would just like catch.
Speaker 3: It up for it was to go with the dB draft bag.
Speaker 1: That bag was awesome. It was an original dB draft bag. We were out there with dB. They couldn't Boody believe it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 1: Check this dude out. And then it was a raucous bus because everyone, you know, it was Friday afternoon, everyone's taken the afternoon off work. They've just flown into duneed and all of a sudden you're on a.
Speaker 3: Bus with a few complimentary beverages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Snacker Chiny Chips was like, this is the great start to a boy's weekend.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what though, it was it was genuinely quite hard to convince people that there was a free bus with some complimentary beers on board.
Speaker 1: So what do you want from me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're looking me in my guy look at me and dug whatever, mate, And I said, no, that's true. Yeah, and I mean a few of them look, okay, I've heard about this. I'm into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was very a lot of blanks.
Speaker 1: It was right up until they got on the bus, sat down and had a beer. In their hand and then they were like, oh, there's actually no strings attached to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was because you know, you know how I blame for that, and that is all those scamming ads, you know, like if it's too good to be true, because it's not. Yeah, you know, they take a take a step back, and then before you commit, take a step back. And so everyone was like scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well because also like even if it's not a scam, it's usually like okay, but I'm going to make you take a photo and do some humiliating thing.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, We're just jump on the export expresence.
Speaker 1: We've just got this bus for the weekends, like we might as well drive people into town from it.
Speaker 3: That was a good time.
Speaker 1: Dropped a few boys off and said, cleared into the octagon. I had fallen victim to First Night fever by then had Friday.
Speaker 3: And you were in an absolute state.
Speaker 1: I was on that bus for about four hours on Friday afternoon and it just it just did me in. But the great thing about it, and because we know ourselves so well, we know that we're going to get First Night fever. So we had that day buffer. So I was in mid By, like nine o'clock Friday night. Saturday was noted Saturday morning. We were up and at him and we were around doing the flat drops. Ye, a few people had sent had sent in notes shout out to Josh. I think he was the only one left in his flat. We dropped off a few beers to him. He had a very questionable tally drawn up on the fridge bachelorst Yeah, something to do. I don't know. I don't know what it was about. I did ask him, but he didn't tell you. But you don't want to say I don't want to say it very literal anyway. Yeah, we kick going around. We just saw like groups of boys walking up and down the street of Dunedin. It was a holidays so there weren't too many people around. But yeah, people couldn't believe it when we hopped out there.
Speaker 3: Hekay boys yeah once, some mixed but ultra yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And then one of them was like, is that gee lane driving that Lane's send there? And he goes, don't you let this guy into the ground. It was a bit of that. Yeah, yeah, Fox South Canterbury a man and then carried on and then we rolled into the pre party at Kensington and for the moment we showed up, it was just packed. We showed up at about midday and there was just people absolutely everywhere bringing books. Matt Heath was down there. They were bringing his book to sign. I signed one of Heath's.
Speaker 3: Books, So did I? I actually said by many in one of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so so he got he signed the book for this kid kid man. He brought the book over to me and goes, oh, can you sign it as well? As oh? Yeah? And then I opened it and Heath had written Fox South Canterbury and then signed it. And I looked up and I was like the fuck and he goes, yeah, I didn't think he was gonna ask you to sign it as well. I didn't know you'd see that. So I just wrote funk that Hey, that signed the book as well. That just sums up the acc audience because the people from d B were here as well, and they were like, you guys got a lot of fans, and I was like, fans an interesting term for what we have. We have an audience.
Speaker 3: No, it was good. I must at about three o'clock because we were there from about midday. Yeah, I had to check myself at three because I'm like, wow, kick off for another four hours away. Yeah, I was like, whoa, So I had a steak sandwich. Yeah, just a bit of a reset and then blow me down. Shannon Frazel walks in, Oh.
Speaker 1: I know Shannon and Richie. Obviously Richie had to drive the bus. Richmonga showed up, he brought us good mate Shannifrazel still lives in Dnedan. Yeah, and they played together over in Japan this year. I think, yeah, yeah, they won the they won the season. Ask that was Richie? How when you s yeah, it was good fun. He enjoyed his first season in Japan. Blah blah blah. And then later on I was talking to Shannon Frazzel about and he goes, yeah, no, Richie Moja showed up and won us the camp. It was awesome. I was like, they hadn't been doing well up until this year. And I was saying to him, because I said this on the podcast, I was like, if Richie Moonga shows up to a professional rugby competition, he wins it, Like there hasn't been he hasn't competed in a competition that he hasn't won in years. And I was like, when was the last time you want to comp and he goes the World Cup last year. Thanks for bringing it up, mate. I was like, oh, I'm sorry, sorry, that's that's not what I mean. I mean like a promisional. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Joan and Natiki was there as well. Yeah, Highland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the host who of me and Sheddon Frazell actually got deep into our inn RL fantasy teams. We swapped phones and we haven't looked looked through each other's team because he was going.
Speaker 3: He was good.
Speaker 1: He's sicken in his league, so I think there's a bunch of japan guys that play over in Japan have an n RL fantasy league. He was telling me about his brother, Tyson Frazel. Oh, yes, yeah, I could never figure out what the I heard rumors the brothers, the cousins, separated birth brothers. Yeah and yeah, Tyson just played his two hundred and fiftieth game for in the NRL. Shennon's never played rugby league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say, did you ask him if he's going to give it a hoon's.
Speaker 1: Everyone that walked past was asking him when he's coming back to the Highlanders. They love him down there. Yeah, And he was like I've got one more year on my contract than Japan. That was his answer. Every time. It's like, here's nothing.
Speaker 3: Though, nice, nice there. They were good, good chaps, those guys. And i'll tell you what the bus ride was. Something else was loose. Yeah, it was great because I sat down and I was like, hey, Richie, jump in the front seat and welcome everyone on board. And then I'm going to give you the Spotify playlist and you run the cutter on the music. Yeah. And first of all, he welcomed everyone on board the Richies Export Express and was like whoa. And then we had two rounds of buses, so we had beck falls back and forth. So the first one he experimented a little bit and played Poor Year oh and didn't get a great reception, right, And they said to him, look, you're in the deep South. He mean, just maybe bliss and he's like okay. And then then he found his rhythm and he played wagon Wheel as well. Yeah, bought the house down with wagon Wheel. But good on them. Next bus first hung up Poor Year straight into it again.
Speaker 1: He's like this could work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's going to drill it into them, and then dropped in a two ten to my Wei and then hit him again with bliss and then hit him again with wagon wheel on the second time. At one stage I thought the bus may well have tipped over. The people were jumping up and down.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, So I was on there were we had two buses going back and forth, and I was on the other one that was going just as hard. We had all the English boys on our bu and so they were singing Swing Low and that was really pissing off the people at the front of the bus and they was singing two to my and it was just just absolute cacophony. There were there were these random group of like four women in the octagon who just waved our bus down and jumped on and jumped on, and we were like why how they didn't know that it was going to the It wasn't marked pretty obvious, and so they got on and as soon as they got on they were English too. They started singing, and so it was just a wild I've never seen anything like it. There was one of the dB reps it was down there and I was talking to him and he's like, I've never seen anything like this before. It was one of the most outrageous pre parties. Mitch James was.
Speaker 3: In there and he say, he sang for an hour.
Speaker 1: He sang for an hour. I've got a song stuck in my head. He was doing this like mega mixed mash up thing with all these songs that everyone knew and you were just everyone was singing the entire time. So he's playing, he's wearing a warrior's jersey, there's a giant screen behind him with the new South Wales Cup game going on. It was just like it.
Speaker 3: Was everything and there was Pokey's out in the back, something for everyone.
Speaker 1: There was genuinely something for everyone.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was actually outrageous that that.
Speaker 3: Whole day and we're gonna do it all again again. At the Postman's lead, I need another week, I think, yeah, yeah, I'm going to have to take a couple of days this week just to recalibrate. But post league in Glenfield, you don't need to book and I sing to roll up first two hundred there to get a free lift eed and park. That's the key. It's a long way to go if you're on the shore, so you get a free left to the ground.
Speaker 1: No Richie Mo this week, but it wasn't missed on our bus.
Speaker 3: He's away. He brought the house down him, Shannon for him and Shannifer is al singing Bliss was probably just one of the great videos you'll ever see, and on viral it got picked up globally and they said check out richiem Wan are partying within New Zenger Fans after the game after the winner was like, oh no, no, no, you got that wrong. This is this is two hours before.
Speaker 1: This was on the way. So I'm look partly excited, partly terrified to do it again this weekend at the Postman's League. So yeah, if you haven't madjor plans yet, come down and see us. Then after that we did go to the game, we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to try and piece together what actually happened because my memory is a little bit vague.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same.
Speaker 1: Goodness, all right. We showed up to the game and we were sat in the deep corner where they usually parked the buses, so the opposite end of the zoo. The zoo, Yeah, which for parts of the game, like sitting behind the post at a rugby game, is real head to miss. Like for some parts of it's it's really really intense, but for some reason, all of the actions seemed to happen on the posts down the far end. Yeah, and I think the biggest thing that like, yeah, it was a one point thriller, it didn't really feel like that at the game. It kind of felt like it was a little bit of a fizzit.
Speaker 3: Well, I I was too busy trying to fit my ass in between your ass and Matt heath ass. Because something's up with those temporary seats. They are so small. It's like they are a primary school design. Yeah, it's actually physically we're not. No, We're in a group of huge people. No, And we struggled to fit nine people in a row, I know, no seats.
Speaker 1: And because it's so cold and the everyone's going to puff a jacket off. Yeah, so I had to take the jacket off at one point because I couldn't flip to I didn't mind being weidged in with you in Heath, but at one point we had a bit of a reshuffle. I ended up sitting with one of the girls from dB and I was like, I feel like I'm making this such an awful experience for her because I'm just two people white, so I had to take my jersey off that I was just freezing. I was like, I'm sorry, but I got to put this bag.
Speaker 3: That's one. That's my one bit of feedback to what as the best stadium in New Zealand to watch for the yet because it's rectangular, it's got steep stands that look down on the game, it's got a roof. It was pretty easy to get beers. There's no cues for me. When I went for the beers. There was an issue really just with the price of them and the beers. But hence we hit the red Wines, and I think there was gen tonics genatonic.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you. Red wine at a sports event shoe for because yeah, as soon as a bit of excitement goes on, everyone jumps up out of these seats. Now I've got pino noir all over my white shoes. Now I managed to leather shoes, so I managed to wipe it off the shoes, but the lacers are stayed red. So I get home from my weekend, How was your weekend? What happened to your shoes? At least it wasn't blood, No, yeah exactly, But I mean yeah, so I don't know reach out if you know how to wash shoelasers.
Speaker 3: I think you've taken them out in bleach, check them through the washing machine. Yeah, you just got to take them out and soak them.
Speaker 1: Pleus get some new ones. But anyway, so, yes, so I learned why you don't drink red wine at an event like that. It was packed out as well. It was a sellar. Oh yeah, absolutely, I and everyone was into it. There was a kid in front of us playing the Warriors game because our worst nightmare talked about it the countless meetings and the lead up we were gonna we had the if you didn't watch it, we had the Warriors commentary straight into the All Blacks commentary. Warriors started at five, All Blacks started at seven, and we were coming and ring do We split the channels to avoid a crossover, and we were like, look, unless it goes to Golden Point, which isn't very likely, Yes, we're going to get away with this and we'd rather have it on the same channel for you watching it home.
Speaker 3: Sure enough, worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: Worst case scenario goes to Golden Point, and we had to cut and go to the All Blacks, which it's about as bad as it gets. It would have been infuriating for those watching the Warriors game. But we at the game, we had to watch it over this kid's shoulder. It's like a ten year old kid sitting in front of us watching the Warriors game on his phone.
Speaker 3: He was mad king. He threw so many mony waves during that game. He was just biffing them out. Yeah, to the point where he had a shocking blonde hair, blue eyes when he started doing some of them. It looked a little bit nineteen thirty seven thirty eight.
Speaker 1: For me. It'd been the risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rest at some stages. The rest have been up a couple of times, and I was like, you need to you need to work on that one. I was just yeah.
Speaker 1: Bit Nuremberg shout out to his poor mum because she so dad had taken all the kids to the game. Yeah, and she wanted to watch the game at home that they were watching on the skysport now, so she couldn't watch it at home. So she's like, you've gone to the game and you're watching the other game, like I've got nothing here.
Speaker 3: Oh, blessed him. They drove away from christ Yitch as well and they drove back that night.
Speaker 1: They drove back that night. Jesus, So what time is that game finished? About nine point thirty. That's a five six hour drive. You're home at three in the morning. There is ambition.
Speaker 3: Anyway, The game itself so started well, obviously we died it. We got it down first with Adie Severe in the corner was a severe and then Ardie Severe and I actually, I actually thought the floodgates were going to wait, and I was like, here we go. They just got got him out wide. The wingers are playing well, Severy Reese and Mark Talea looked dangerous, Cheese looked good at the back that we were half break to put Severe and yeah, and then sixty five minutes had gone by and we were losing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I couldn't really point to my man, Manny, who I got on the plane with Fei Wabusu. He doted down for them sort of late doors. But it just felt like we looked up and we're like, there's only three minutes left to go here, and this is way tighter than it seemed for how the game was going, you know what I mean. I think because there weren't a lot of tries scored, so then those massive eruption moments and then also Marcus Smith lost them that game with a shocking performance off the tee.
Speaker 3: But Mackenzie had a shocking performance off the tee as well. Yeah, so I I was about to blaming the ball.
Speaker 1: It was down that one end, and I was watching the replays this morning. You could see him yelling at someone about how there was a breeze coming through that one end and it was throwing them off because he's like, we're inside. But then every time he missed to the left of the post because down that on that far end, the zoo end is like an open side, yes, and I reckon there was just a howling gale coming through.
Speaker 3: There was howling, it was so it was that wind was owne chilling, I know, And so he was just like, what is happening?
Speaker 1: I'm inside what looks like a systeam of steam in lunchbox.
Speaker 3: And my kicks being sprayed to the right. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he was going off as nat but by that stage had already lost his head. But his kirking performance was awful and it really cost them, not only because it was you know, you know, a one point loss in the end, but also just to moralize them. You could you could see they were trying to take every penalty available to them and they were missing them, and they were like, fuck, we should be up by six here.
Speaker 3: And then I'm just talking to a few pundits afterwards. So he knew no more about the game, mentioned that the ref, not that anyone's a pile on the ref, but just he completely shut down the last ten minutes, wasn't talking to any of the players, just gave penalties for no apparent reason, didn't explain it. Even the Damien McKenzie thing, there's no warning or anything because normally say you got twenty, you got ten.
Speaker 1: And to the letter of the law. Yeah, he did take too long, Damien McKenzie, And I guess it would have been weighing on the ref's mind that he was probably trying to gobble a bit of clock. Yeah, I've only ever seen that called once before against Australian when they won. Massive a massive uproar about that. But yeah, I've never seen anything like that, and I think if we lost, we'd be in a massive uproar about that. Yeah, we'd be sending him back to Georgia. Yea for the Wagner group to deal with. But yeah, you're right. I was saying going into that game, was like he's going to swallow the whistle. That was not what happened at all. Nah, he got by the opposite he got busy with the whistle. Yeah, there was a scrum penalty that he was so like immediately almost the front row hadn't even hit the ground and he's just like, penalty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He gave a penalty for the All Blacks pushing before the ball came in.
Speaker 1: Hm hm.
Speaker 3: And I was like, how do you if you're in opposition, couldn't you just back pedal? Yeah, and then just milk that penalty. I just believe that the scrum looked awesome. By the way, our scrum absolutely owned them.
Speaker 1: Had about eighty kilos on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. I we were saying.
Speaker 1: That before we got on the when we got on the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, not big at all. A couple of beginnings. I mean, like Joe Marler, but I think he's out injured. I don't know he started he was hobbling around, Yeah he was. But I we don't want to get into pre match before the park game. But I fear for the English team in the Impact, so do I yeah, I think that this All Black team they clicked a couple of times and they know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I thought we looked a little bit sort of disjointed, versus looked kind of a bit polished. Obviously they're at the end of their tour, so they've been playing a lot together. I think it's it only goes up here. Despite the fact that everything you're going to see in the papers today will say all shaky start for the Raiser era.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah, how's the how's the flex from the All Blacks? Postmatch, the whole squad stayed out and did fitness training. Yeah, yeah, I don't love that. That was that was quite a big neck energy. Wasn't the entire squad? It was all the dirty dirty's and the bench. Yes, Boden Barrett was doing wind sprints, yes, at the end. But a lot of the players stayed out and did extra fitness who didn't get a full game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I because I people do this at club level sometimes and you're like, you're only doing this because you guys won, because if you lost, you'd be back in the shids. I guarantee you. So I was just like, I hope that they.
Speaker 3: Do that again when they lose. They lose, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I hope they don't lose. And then Razor did a we lap after the game and thanked all the fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which I quite liked.
Speaker 1: It can sometimes look a little bit eat us to go around and like it looked like some sometimes when coaches do this or players do this, it looks like they're trying to congratulate themselves. It didn't. It look like he was trying to thank the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he was like trying to calm down and it's under control.
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, yeah, we're okay, We're okay, we're going to win this. So yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed. It's always good being in an almost gape. Sorry, I'm really struggling. It's taking it, taking it out of it.
Speaker 3: It's taking it's tough. But post match was good. We uh that went was brutally cold on the way home, and then we went to a local establishment and brought up with ice sockets. Well I clapped clapped him into oblivion.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was lucky that he was there too, because it was quite a massive line and we were standing there with him, and then the bouncy you could see being like, I don't want my boss to find out I didn't lick here and read it, so I'm going to lick here and read in and then if I'm going first, I'll go last. Go go, go, go go. And the poor bouncer was just like no, no, no, yeah, okay, because I didn't want to be the guy that kicked out Kiaran Reid after an All Blex game.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. I took on the role of photographer in there, and I was quite proud of myself because I reckon. I took thirty photos of fans with Karen Reid, of which there are forty five photos of me as I reversed the camera and photos of myself their classic move, classic yeah, classic gig. And I did a couple of gigs where I'd cut their head off and just take so it's the top because he's so tall.
Speaker 1: At the top of the head and Karen Reid, Yeah, that was good the bits that I can remember of that. And then threw the drive through and on the way home and we were out of there and that's where we find ourselves today. I think. Yeah, Game one final thoughts on Game one of the Razor era. I think it's up from here. I didn't think that there was anything too radical the change.
Speaker 3: To me, that is the typical first game of the All Black season.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: I can't remember a game we've come out and just demolished a team unless it's like a shit team.
Speaker 1: I do, Yeah, I do feel like I do feel like Bowden be Barrett's probably going to start the next game at first five no.
Speaker 3: Fallback, oh yeah, instead of the Cheese. Yeah, I thought the Cheese had a pretty good game.
Speaker 1: I did too, but I also felt like they brought They brought him on at about fifty minutes, so I just wondered if maybe he was their first choice fallback and then for whatever reason, eitherre is a bit rusty, bit tired, but Nigolie or whatever. I wouldn't be shocked the Phraser pick. But again, my sources have betrayed me sometimes. So that's six months so I don't know. But yeah, no, I think other than that, I think we are gonna really round it into some form here over the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, and I'm looking.
Speaker 1: Forward to it. All right, we have we actually had so many yours pleases across the weekend. A lot of them were about the game before the game, so those ones probably won't bother getting too. But we do have about seven of them to get through. So we'll take quick a break here and we'll be back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought to you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 1: Front button in theottom right hand corner of your iHeartRadio app. That is how you can get involved with this show, just like this caller here, yours please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get a lead just about the All Blacks team, and I and his sources need to go on a sabbatical.
Speaker 3: Fuck Ralston, it's hard getting this new Razor era you're going to need. I think there's a different protocol. And I reckon how this team's announced and I mentioned it and nothing we discussed it around the fact that I think all the assistant coaches give their opinion to Razor. Yeah, and the moment Raser announces it is the first time they hear it as well. Yes, I reckon that's how it's worked because he's no leaks in this ship.
Speaker 1: No, you can't leak it because he hasn't made his mind up. Yeah, I think pretty much until he's on the dais announce.
Speaker 3: And good on that, and that's how it should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think I'm gonna in the interest of everyone's health and safety and well being, I'm going to release my hostages.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, and we're going to go crystal ball.
Speaker 1: We're going to get well. I'll bring some sage into the studio, some crystals, some crystals and tarot.
Speaker 3: Cards, different approach.
Speaker 1: I'll consult some of the girls out in the office, will begin into their astrology.
Speaker 3: I'll I would just peck on looks. Yeah, that's let's be honest.
Speaker 1: You know what I think Razor should too. We've gone away from the hot eye in rugby union. I think we need to bring it back. But anyway, yeah, I agree with you. We're gonna go on sabbatical from that. But I am going to still try and pick the team later on this week. But we're gonna go we're crystal ball bullshit here instead of hostage negotiations, we're gonna change tactics now they're call here yours pace.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, that.
Speaker 5: Road Decks day was one hell of back They gave me a watle phenomenal backline Douggie Hellen and Schmoke and Joe on the wings.
Speaker 6: They can DC atwelve.
Speaker 1: What's going on here?
Speaker 3: Fucking never mind Carlos.
Speaker 5: Speed England's taking to your household names in there as well, would only be drinking pissed tonight and naming old body buds like pass out, George BC leading Henri.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 3: It is naming old players. I actually loved his naming old provincial players. You, Dwayne monkly Is, you're Richard Jerms, your Steve Gordon, your Rob Gordon, your grand Purposes, you know, Yeah, that's that's that the yea, Warren Gatland's Yeah, Andrew Strawbridges, you know, Battler's Huwayne Wallows.
Speaker 1: Batler's of the nineties and two thousands. I think there is just something in it. I don't know why. This is just what dudes do.
Speaker 3: Kevin part Gray Green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're gonna, I think we're gonna have to keep that in for yeah, for the foreseeable future. If you missed it, the Throwback Thursday where we go back in time and just go through a couple of team lists from back in the day, and we did the last time that the All Blacks played England at Carrisbrook. And yeah, that's a go back and listen. That's great. Another caller here yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good boys logan here, that's one doesn't really bold either, are you? But for yesterday's caller, judging by the name Drew Peacock, I can only get that he's from so from Karaka. Fuck you, Pooky cheers.
Speaker 3: I do. I love the closer you live to another suburb or province, the more you hate them. And obviously Karaka and Poky are at Loggerheads. Yeah, and they don't know who that is. That is just a small part of counties. Yeah, just over the hill. There's probably I reckon, maybe five kilometers that separates them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like north yes, South Auckland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah, they're very close.
Speaker 1: I know, but there's Yeah, you're so right, but you'd never be more similar than the people. They'll be very similar people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same with South.
Speaker 1: Canterbridy and North Otaga.
Speaker 3: And despite that, well, I think it's a bit of jealousy there with Kadaker because it's getting bigger and more populated and they're getting more facilities, newer facilities than it feels like it's behind it. Yeah, they've lost the race courses well, and the lost the v eights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like the yours police, folks, is just evolving into regional warfare. Let's keep going. Get another one here, yours please.
Speaker 6: Laying I put up with an awful lot from you over the years. You sledged me in Hamilton's school cricket when you went to your fancy school. You've cursed several important Blackcat results for me by attending games when you should have stayed home. You've punished my ear drums with absolute nonsense for several years. And your commentary and your comments. But I'll be damned if I'll let you get away with comparing West Hamilton to the mighty East Hamilton. Fuck West Hamilton and fuck South Canterbury.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad, I'm glad. I know where what what piece of straw broke the camel's back there? You know, look, there is a lot of geopolitics within Hamilton, and I submit you know, you got your Norton's versus Norton and Franklin kind of back to back there, But then you've got the likes of kind of Hillcrest and then you go into the more kind of posh Woodstock, but that's Back's not a fair Field and they hate each other as well. Wood Stock in Fairfield.
Speaker 1: Was there a West Hamilton. I lived in Hammeast for a couple of months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he Measter and he's Chatty Charity. Yeah, there's Chatty supply. Yeah, he got his chatty there with the big with a big mall.
Speaker 1: Chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Here, Mace. They got a like a aeroplane turbine outside one of the supermarkets there or something.
Speaker 3: There's a.
Speaker 1: So it. But the thing is that's a really clearly divided city because there's a river down the middle. Yeah, so there's a very clear like what side of the river are you from?
Speaker 3: We never went to the kind of left or right bank of the river I did.
Speaker 1: There was never a divide the west bank. Yeah, this is the Gaza strip of chat The river is the strip. Yeah it is all right. The regional warfare that's kicked off on this podcast, so just another call your space.
Speaker 7: Look, I just wanted to apologize to Monicas and I'm sorry I got carried away thinking about all of the wrongs that Lane has done to me in the moment expressing my distaste for West Hamilton.
Speaker 6: I threw on a South Canterbury and it didn't feel good or right. I just wanted tooze West Hamilton.
Speaker 3: I love I love the fact that an apology yours please afterwards he's obviously felt guilty he sent it. I can't recall I mean sledging that gentleman at Club Cricket in Hamilton. Could that have happened? Yes, yes, can I remember? Probably not not that specific. The thing is I wasn't I wasn't like an innocent bystander there. I was a victim too of some horrendous sledging. And that's what you did. What you did, It's all part of it. It's all part of it. I was just following my peers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's still part of the game. Some people just don't really expect it. N At the trades, the big bush, that one got stuck into it, and he was not expecting it at all. No, he was just like, oh what shit. Sorry, he was being it was being quite full of for what was what was quite a social game. And then yeah, the chirping. But anyway, he very big of that man there to call back and apologize and apologize to me for catching astray. It's just so hard to explain this whole thing to anyone who doesn't listen to the podcast. Why does everyone hate South Canery.
Speaker 3: I don't think they do.
Speaker 1: I just you know, thank you, thank you for being the bigger man apologizing another one here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, get o fellas a little half boat sports idea and house this round. We get a Bingo card going. Everyone's always lagging off South Canterbury and the other various regions of late So can we just get someone to draw up a little scorecard and each region can be and then have a cheeky Bungo one at the end, you see.
Speaker 1: I like the idea. It's very easy to to sort of doctor it a little bit though, because you can send in you know, you're slaking off whatever.
Speaker 3: Region, So it's like controlling the Bengo drawer. You can't Yeah, you can't dictate when two fat ladies is going to come out, you know what I mean? Or is it up to us?
Speaker 1: And this is as you can well, I mean I could screen them because and just not play the ones that I don't want to play, but it would be good. How would you divide it up? You divided up by NBC teams or Heartland teams. Yeah, and then yeah, and then see if you can.
Speaker 3: Tick through rugby regions. Yeah, yeah, I tell you what. I saw a shocking game between tim year Old Boys and McKenzie Country Rams. Oh yeah, and then McKenzie can't nearly put one hundred points on Old Boys.
Speaker 1: He Elliott playing for them at the moment.
Speaker 3: And he wasn't even playing and they always put a Hondi on them. Oh that was some grassroots rugby on a Saturday morning. Yeah, anyway, and all I swung past the alumbra oh yeah, yeah, the lumbra under twelves.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did. We stopped in there on the we were doing some of the drops on the Saturday morning. Yeah, yeah, stopped in there for that game. And someone would go, oh, there's those blokes from the radio.
Speaker 3: Quickly moved on, see you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, desperately great footy going on there as well. Yeah, there's a sort of mixed division there. And yeah, someone got absolutely lit up on the outside. Even on the ground knew it was happening to the screaming for this one kid, why Jamie ye as soon as they did just gone. So that's a good shout out to the Lamber Union. Another call here, last one here for the day yours please, Yeah, you get a fellas.
Speaker 9: Just on the topic of eating the English rugby team, they were actually seen at Fat Puckoo's the Smashburg's placed on Queen Street earlier in the week. So much like the kiddo after munching on some palm beers. I think they would be fat and juicy and some very good eating. Maybe there should be a new policy for all visiting teams just in case they go down over the Southern Elks, sort of like a forced handso and grittles grittle situation. I know it could be the move fuck them all sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ah, I copped a straight on the back of that, did I?
Speaker 1: I had that feel?
Speaker 3: No beaches, No, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I like this idea. Anytime that a team has to plans and eat.
Speaker 3: It, quishing them up first, just set them up first, Yeah, just in case they go down over the Alps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little foi grass situation, just to make sure that force goose, force goose feed down their necks, just to make sure that if they crash.
Speaker 3: You know, we've got a bit of good bit of eating. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Although I don't know how how much that's going to fit them up to be fair, but.
Speaker 3: I would provide some sort of internal marinade probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, true. Maybe it's more of a flavor thing than actually a weight related thing. I think that's a great move. I think we because we do it under the guise of like showing Kiwi hospitality. They would love to show you around, like get your feet on us, blah blah blah, but actually we're just preparing in case we have to eat them. They'd never see it coming. All right, that'll do us for today. Thank you very much for everyone that sent those through the voicemails throughout the week. We'll be back tomorrow for another episode of the Agenda Podcast. We will see you then.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for you get your podcast.