Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Friday, the twenty fifth of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Vultra.
Speaker 1: He this morning, j Lane, We're coming to you from a top a bicycle with like a ice cream basket thing on the front of it, and it has parked behind the espresso machine at Gg's Cafe and Mount Monganui.
Speaker 3: Yep are on the corner of the Mount Manganui at Sisters and cop a female fashion store. Yes, so we're massively out of our depth and here, but definitely some gifts that might get us out of a bit of trouble after the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot, a lot of clothing coming into the store.
Speaker 4: We brought most of it in this morning.
Speaker 1: We actually had to pay our way by unloading a car full of dresses, shirts, all sorts.
Speaker 4: As we were carrying them in. You dropped one. I dropped about five.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's hope that they had and they looked very expensive silk numbers as well, which I think they were.
Speaker 4: It's a certain uh is it Ali Bengal? Is it bing or something?
Speaker 3: Any bing?
Speaker 4: Any being? Is it? So any female listeners would be rolling in there in their grade. You don't want to be dropping any band and they don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be dropping any bangs, but both maybe a coffee here and gigs and the mount. Of course we're in the Mount because we have been sent on a project to cover most of New Zealand looking for the best beer gardens.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, and you're going to I mean yesterday we're in the Coromandel. You're going to find them around the Mount Monganui area as well. Yep, no beer garden has such here at GGS. But I mean with this mobile bike that I'm sitting on. By the way, here's the bell. Most bokes and bikes and mobile, most bikes are mobile. But this you could put just about anything in this basket. You could convert this into a beer gun. Yeah, it is it. It's more than a basket.
Speaker 3: You Basically in front of you is about one meter by sixty centimeter by about one meter deep box painted green with a lid opening, lid on.
Speaker 4: The top like that sell ice creams out of us. You know that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look overly insulated that it's just plywood. No, but yeah, you look, you look, you've got quite good astride.
Speaker 1: That I will say this is one of the more uncomfortable things that we've ever said on while doing a podcast. Another pointless world first for the ACC How did we get here? Yesterday we were and we woke up in Fungo Mata did the podcast yesterday. Yeah, Paul Side at the part Pacific Resort YEP and funk Matar. Then we drove down the treacherous, perilous drive from there to todung It. Well we pulled into the Todunger Sports Fishing Clubs. So more really impressive fish on the.
Speaker 3: Wall fish species that have been hauled in, the black marlins they've got.
Speaker 4: They had a sign up on this side.
Speaker 1: It's the leaderboard, the hall of fame for the biggest fish that people have caught. Someone pulled up a fifty kilo kingfish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it was a world record that one back in the seventies. And then a kid had pulled in one hundred and eighty kg hammerhead.
Speaker 1: Like a shot because they had like senior, junior and then children's categories and yeah, a small childhood reeled in a hundred and I think it was one hundred and seventy something kilo hammerhead Shark, which would have been quite nineteen seventy seven, that was, so that would have been it would have been a real stir back then, full noise.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Then from there we made the trip beautiful drivers down the coast a little bit to the mud of t Tar Pub. Yes, I've never been in there, despite the fact that I've been past there a lot family living forne so first time pulling in there.
Speaker 4: Great spot absolutely probably.
Speaker 3: One of the best garden bars, with a view out over the history and into the dunes.
Speaker 4: Great locals, very hospitable.
Speaker 3: Yep Sidey gave us, gave us a ride, and Karen was there as well. One of the locals Vicky, but I gave you the nickname Sticky Vicky, which he didn't really like. I was astride of Harley with her on the front. He's a Pellian. You were riding, Yeah, I was riding Birch, but I was happy to ride Birch with Sticky Vicky on the back of that Harley. From out the front cools quite a stir, but that was what a place there is. The locals came out in their droves because apparently they put on the white board out the front our commentary collective here at one ish. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we were just sort of hoping to sort of sneak in under the radar because you know, we're on the Bier Garden Tour Museum. We're trying to find the best places and you know you'll see these videos come out over summer.
Speaker 4: Ye give you a few pointers as to where to go.
Speaker 1: We weren't expecting a welcoming committee, and I actually think it turned some of the locals against us because when we showed up though, all right, then what do you what's this all about?
Speaker 3: The bet for it also said you're late. We're like, what didn't know we were? I didn't know we had a cool time. I didn't know you knew we were coming. I didn't know you knew who we were. Yeah, which was even more shocking. But great, they were very friendly. I loved it. The great got a great attitude there.
Speaker 1: We'd commanded the radio Hudaki utes. So that's what we've taken because our you we just didn't trust it.
Speaker 3: Well that and we don't want to do any damage before we sell it. Oh yeah, before it goes.
Speaker 1: On auction next if we if we got side swiped in that day, a week before we sold it, which wouldn't be able.
Speaker 4: To forgive ourselves.
Speaker 1: And so I was talking to some of the locals there and they were saying they remember when Radio Hawky was still on the boat. Yeah, because it was that or what Radio New Zealand or something like that.
Speaker 4: It was it was only state broadcasters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's I mean, that's the origins of hardaki is they went offshore and played rock music. Yes, that's right, the Devil's music.
Speaker 1: They said there was it was either that, but if you wanted to listen to archers, have you heard of this so Archers? The Archers or something like that? They said it was basically like Emmadale but on the radio it.
Speaker 3: Was like.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and that just.
Speaker 1: Played out on talkbak radio and they were like, it was basically that or radio.
Speaker 4: So it was a pretty easy decision for them. But a corn hole as well.
Speaker 1: Great service they've got there, the girls behind the bar if you've had you know, because there's obviously it's a great spot to go. If you're, you know, on a motorbike ride, go riding up and down the coast, pull into this pub. If you end up having a bear or two and you feel like you probably shouldn't be driving anymore, they'll park your bikes for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll pack because they've got the lockerble beer garden.
Speaker 3: It's big gates and stuff, so they just drive your bike and lock it up for you and put you for the night.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's one of the best services.
Speaker 3: It's there the best of us. They wear the best of us out there at Meta Tak gigs, gigs all the time.
Speaker 1: They've got they've got a quiz night, first Tuesday of every night.
Speaker 4: Watch out for the Numpties. Who's the team there.
Speaker 3: Raining bottom dwellers.
Speaker 1: Yes, the perennial losers of the of the thing. I think Numpties was the name that was earned, not given. And so the Numpties are down there and if you want to go and see them at the Mater Tar pub every second first Tuesday of every month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I must have met. We've It's been very quiz focused this trip because obviously we had a there was another pub quiz at the Smoky Palette and fung Maitar which we hijacked and then walked straight into the Matitzar quiz Chat.
Speaker 4: As soon as we walked in, we got it was quiz Chat, walked.
Speaker 1: Into the Numpties and then yeah, so then we made our way back to Total on it.
Speaker 4: We popped into Bruco.
Speaker 1: Yep, great little set up and there they got the dart board, they've got the pool tables set up.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Vibey little bar. I feel like I have memories of being there before we stuff there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before the Black Clash last year. We had a bit of a shin dig in there and it was packed out and there that's a good little place. Gotta love the mount and everyone's so everyone's so good looking.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the spiritual home of the Smoke Show. Yeah, it is plenty.
Speaker 1: Did I hear that the Auckland team are now playing down here, Yes, well.
Speaker 3: The cricket team they're based here for the next few weeks because Travis Scott has taken over each part.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can see where the priorities lie when it comes to Eden Park and now they're allowed concerts. They're like, see you, We're going to have forty thousand Travis Scott fans.
Speaker 1: Well, they would have looked at the Auckland you know the ACES schedule and be right, how many people a shout up to your games?
Speaker 3: But to be fair, if you were in the Auckland Aces, would you rather be based in the beautiful plenty at Mount mong and Nui or Auckland?
Speaker 4: No, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: We've been saying that since we got down here, we need to move the sec to the mount.
Speaker 3: I think everyone needs to come to the mount, but I think that's half the problem. Traffic is horrendous. I don't think it's quite built for the amount of people, but it's it's pretty much summer here.
Speaker 4: It is the use today. There were people walking around in bikinis.
Speaker 3: There was several guys outside of outside of Master Kom Master Kong just no shirts on, just boardies, shirtless. Geez.
Speaker 1: The parts of the country wouldn't be wouldn't be able to believe that. From where we were sitting, we could also see into a fast food franchise where they were two teenagers shirtless play fighting.
Speaker 4: But yeah they were kind of doing what's that?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the one. The slow motion kind of punches. Yeah, yeah, it was. And they weren't eating any of the any of the products in the fast food restaurant. It was just loitering. And I did ask question, why weren't they at school? That's we're with the appearance, Maniah. I thought for sure it was a real fight.
Speaker 1: Anytime you see dude shirtless at a fast food franchise and the scrap and it's like, that's that's for real. But no, but yeah, you're right, The Mount just spiritual home of the Smoke Show. I've become acutely aware of how good looking I'm not when I'm when I'm here, I'm not beachy. I'm not a beachy guy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You see people the year and they look like they couldn't give a shit. It's just not me.
Speaker 3: Can we just bring up something last night Game of two Halves? Your your team, you had your dear friend Dan Hooker, yes, on the on the your your team, and you had Dame Susan du vois on your team as well, who did take on the kind of mother hen roll.
Speaker 4: But very and it very very disappointed in.
Speaker 3: Your your both yourself and Dan Hooker's intelligence.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, and I was like, well, usually I'm the one answering all of the questions for my team, but for some reason in that in that game and actually to pull you behind the curtain. Dan Hooker his we found out at the end of the show that his buzzer wasn't connected and the reason we didn't figure it out is because he didn't push it.
Speaker 3: I think, so okay, Dame Susan Devoi was right and describing you both as dumb and dumb.
Speaker 1: She pointed us out, so at least he got dumber till the head knocks, I suppose.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was disappointing because we looked Across and Hayden Padden, Gustave and Sam Winders and I was looking at them. I was like, they're not going to beat us in a quiz, and poor Dame Susan she was. She had a Hall of Fame performance. She guessed one of the questions straight off the first clue, which was a birthday and a middle name.
Speaker 4: It was kind of McGregor because she'd google Dan hook.
Speaker 3: It and saying, oh, because you wanted to. I mean, look, how mack good that that is a veteran, that's a veteran of sports and I would say even broadcasting. She's done her homework, so she's searched. I mean, god knows what she would have found out about you if she'd search my nice Stuart. Yeah, no, I think nothing came up.
Speaker 1: And she was like, what, I think the charges have been suppressed, but that she subject But no, yeah I did. I did feel bad for she was a very competitive person.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's the reason why she is a multiple world champion, former.
Speaker 4: Race relations minister as well minister.
Speaker 3: Or conciliators, which is more a role where you put press releases out and I don't think that should happen. Yeah, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Well, she'd sit our relations back considerably by calling me dumb.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got a bit of a past with Susan Devoy and her wider family. Yeah, her her nieces and nephews just to live over our back fence and Hamilton Simon de Voy. Huge controversy one summer when we found the boy's cat floating in our pool and I hated that. We hated that cat because it used to come over and cause all sorts of have it and but it had just accidentally fallen in our pool and drowned. However, there were accusations of potential foul play to do with the cat because we biffed it back over the fence because we don't want to deal with the body. And to this day, when I bump into Simon, you know, he's a he's a father of two, he's you know, he's every time I see him in a social occasions, he goes, I still reckon, you kill my cat. So killed Simon Devoi, Like I promise you we didn't kill your cat. Okay, we may not have had steers in our pool, and the fact our pool wasn't even it was an above ground concrete.
Speaker 4: Pool, so that cat had So that cat.
Speaker 3: Was dicing with danger when it jumped onto the side and was patrolling around the pool like it used to and slipped down. There were no stairs, which we got the accusation one even you've got stairs in your pool if.
Speaker 4: You're going to put steers in your pool just in case the neighbor's cat jumps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the cat the cat controversy that would away for years over the back fence, with the divorce still unresolved, still unresolved. They never used to return any of our balls that went over there. I think out of spite. Yeah, hundreds of hundreds of tennis balls and Kubi cricket balls. You sneened up over there.
Speaker 4: Maybe by association, that's why I was on the back foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think she would have searched acc she would have seen a lane on their lane that sounds familiar, would have rung around and goes, why is this familiar? Fucker killed my cat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this went good, good, Okay. I was done. A member of the SEC present there, so I copped all of the yeah you dad, sorry about this is why?
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's why our bloody team fell apart, despite the fact that she just about single handedly won the cause for us. I haven't seen the episode last night because we were parked up watching the cricket. So let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the cricket. So stumps at day one and New Zealand finished two and fifty nine.
Speaker 3: We got rolled. The last seven wickets went for about fifty one, which, having a look at Washington Sunday, he got seven wickets. Rabbi Ashman got the other three. Now we were watching that, we put an inflammatory post up on social media around Wood the Indians produce a dust bowl. They took the bait, We chummed up the burly. The Indian fans came running and what do you know after forty five minutes of day one, that one ball that turns square, Oh my god, And it was like, oh oh, there.
Speaker 1: Were there were ones pitching outside off and then going way down league. Yeah, and they weren't even appealing them. Well, they were appealing them because they fucking appeal everything. Yeah, but they weren't reviewing them because they knew how much that thing was turning.
Speaker 3: That one delivery that we saw before, I think before the lunch break where it was outside leg and they replayed it during the break and it was almost the perfect delivery because it was outside leg. It turned and it was clipping the top of off stumps and it was like, how do you play that? So they didn't review it. I'd take two five to nine. Yeah, I'd take two five nine because that's runs on the board. India have lost an early wik It clean bold row. It's been clean bowled by Saudi. But now we're going to have to Ajs Pateel is going to have to play out of his skin, as is glean Phillips as is Ravishion Retravendra as a Satna because that pitch. You don't want to be betting last on that pitch, and India will be betting last. So we need those four bowlers to play out of their skins because I really want this to backfire. They did it against Australia and massively backfired and they lost on the worst pitch potentially ever produced for a Test match that lasted like two and a half days. So I really wanted to backfire. I want us to take this series out what away, What a week of sport that would.
Speaker 4: Be to India.
Speaker 1: In India, that'll be outrageous. You're right two fifty nine when you look at the way that pitch was at the end of the day. But the annoying part was I feel like we were like one ninety for like three.
Speaker 3: We were two hundred for three. Yeah, because Revenger looked good, so did Conway, and they they got they got undone by some well. Conway's shot was probably not to do with the delivery, but Revengers was. It was an absolute beauty that bold him Washington Sunda. He looked good, he looked real good and he's the successor for Ravi Ashwin. He's not as punishing as Ravishwan, which is quite a relief.
Speaker 1: I need to retract something I said on the podcast yesterday. I said that raby Ashwin looked like the middle manager who plays cricket on the weekend. He showed up with the tightest fade you've ever seen in your life this game and he looks ridiculous. Now it does not suit him at all, and he no longer looks like the middle manager who bowls part time spin.
Speaker 4: He just I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It looks like a geezer now, yeah, yeah he does. It looks like tant So he had day two. And by the way, we had a great night watching the cricket last night. This is something that the first time I ever listened to the ACC. This is what my men and my friends were doing. We were betting over over yeah, so they'll sit it. It's very confusing because they said it over under, say two and a half runs, yes for the for the next over and then that's a great way to spice up a tedious Test match.
Speaker 4: And so we were doing that all night last night.
Speaker 1: Hits why we never got to see the game of two halves because we were too financially invested.
Speaker 4: Totally in unders and overs, unders and overs.
Speaker 3: It's funny when you're in a group dynamic, do you all go for the one bit and celebrate together or do you do a spike bet? Because there was four of us punting, and I think majority we all punted the same thing, so we could root for the same thing. But then occasionally someone would go, now I'm going under yeah, and then they'd be like a piece of crap and Nu'd win and a little bit of a little bit of niggles.
Speaker 1: Because the last so say you've gone two and a half fronts, they're on two one ball to cut. Yes, one of year has gone over one. He has gone under. The tension in the room, it's just for an otherwise meaningless over.
Speaker 3: Yes. And there was one one particular over A four was hit off the last ball and that was just divided.
Speaker 1: The room cooked me. That was the end of my my punting. I also got on Revenger to be the top scorer. I think we all did. Yeah, we did.
Speaker 4: It was six dollars fifty to be the top scorer. He wasn't far off either.
Speaker 1: No, he scored about sixty five and I think Conway got seventy six.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we went far off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too bad. Ajes Ptel got three overs in last night. I see and Sat they've got a couple as well. A maiden for Ages as well. He'll be looking his lips this morning when he's waking up anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could probably hopefully the b yc are back next week. I think they're all on holiday at the moment, but they would have some insights into that because I feel like the Indian spinners they're just a bit quicker.
Speaker 4: He saw Ravi Ashwin.
Speaker 3: He bowled a couple over one hundred klimeters an hour and you get that bounce, and I'm not sure that we've got that with our spinners because you've got Phillips. He's about the same height as Ages, and they kind of always rely on flight rather than just a bit of pace. I don't know that's a real bouncy sort of bowler. That's coming from a person who knows fuck all about spinning. So but just from the look of it, it just they seem that I've got a bit more control of the pace of it, and there's probably that for us though yeah, I'd say so, but he just doesn't turn it as much as the.
Speaker 1: Likes of ages. That's the thing that kills me well in their dudes. So like Ashwan's turning it a mile and you're like what Jadasia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole thing. And they've got they do have. Their batsmen are the best players I've spent in the world. So that's why our spinners are going to have to play out of their absolute skins, yeah, to win this, but it's possible. It's possible. We've we've rattled them early row, it's gone stuck on that, the skipper is gone.
Speaker 1: Anything could happen. And it kicks off again at five o'clock on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: Ah, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: What a week in though. But because you've got that, and then you've got the NPC Final three o'clock Saturday, leading into All Blacks versus Japan at seven o'clock next day, you've got the Kiwi Ferns versus the jill arrus at three.
Speaker 4: Do you know what a jilla rus female kangaroo.
Speaker 3: No, it's a name of a novice female ranch worker who looks on cattle and sheep ranches.
Speaker 4: A novice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was like, I don't think their league team should be called the Jiller Rue or is it named after a famous female rugby the player called Jill called Jill? Yeah, I looked it up. So what is it chill? Is it an animal.
Speaker 4: Female novice on a kettle station or sheep station?
Speaker 3: H there you go. So that's on and out in christ Church and I think they could tee off at like six o'clock. Is the kiwis versus the kangaroos down there at Apollo.
Speaker 4: Which is a novice male sheep station worker?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, So it's a big weekend and then you've got the cricket does bubbling along in the background.
Speaker 4: It's huge.
Speaker 3: So if you're not multi screening both Saturday and Sunday night, then you did to me, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You're out of your mind.
Speaker 1: We're going to have Carl Tyley back on from the TB for the a SEC Sports Book later on today as well, so make sure that you check that out on the same feed. But you mentioned the All Black Star playing. I mean, first of all, what time is it. It's like stupid o'clock in the morning, is it.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow night. The Yeah, they played day games over in Japan, so it's an afternoon game in Japan, which means it's perfect, it's like prime time. But there's a little bit controversy bubbling around around New Zealand Rugby Union. They're the New Zealand Rugby commercial Remember the division they set up to make money to.
Speaker 4: Serve as silver ac Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, well the new CEO for that has left and under a year he's gone. And there's about seventy in zied ass staff and players in Japan and we're headed to Europe right now. And no one really is no representative, no senior representat from Zeon Rugby is going to be attending the NPC, which is you have to say, is you know it's a bit of a get out of their own way. I know. So of course India, I mean India Japan is a very lucrative market for New Zealand rugby and the Blacks. Sure, I understand that, but it just shows the priorities, doesn't that when they optics, Yeah, the Optics have sent over a whole lot of content creators as well for this northern to Yeah, so it's we not get the bloody Wow, not the kind of content we create. I think what they don't want someone sitting on a novelty bike with a basket that you can sell ice creams out of recording a half past podcast over there. Well look, I mean if I was the decision maker, be very different. Also, copy a lot of criticism. We haven't commentated anything for about a month and there's a reason for that. Most of the team are in off season training because I don't know if any of you know, but Brian Waddell sets up off season training camp down in the Lower Hut at his house. Jason Hoyd is there. I think he's come back. He's just come back recently. Actually, Jeremy Wells is heeded there. So we take turns of going down and getting a refresher building up for the summer of cricket which is coming up.
Speaker 4: It's almost five weeks time.
Speaker 3: England are here for three tests and we've got we're commentating all those tests live and free on iHeartRadio. So and it's a big summer of cricket for us. So that's what we're preparing for. Just letting these these kind of Northern Tour games and Kiwis games just you know slide under the radar for a bit.
Speaker 4: Well it also they also snuck up on us. I had no idea that we were looking.
Speaker 1: We were really circling November October is all right, suber rugby for yeah.
Speaker 4: Else, First, cricket hasn't started yet.
Speaker 3: He's pump the brakes.
Speaker 1: This is our one chance because we do not see our families over summer.
Speaker 4: So we were like, this is our one chance.
Speaker 1: Then we shut ourselves in the football, going on the road on the export of Trivia Garden tour of So it's so true.
Speaker 3: It's so true. That's just supposed to be a time we were both to be repairing our personal lives. Yeah, massively. You talk about the n PC final. We had bread Shields on on Wednesday. I think that was man.
Speaker 1: He he was saying it wasn't aware of the curse that may or may not exists around this podcast. He does now, but he said if if they lose, he said, knock on wood, they don't, but if they lose, he wants to come back on on Tuesday to give us a real dressing down.
Speaker 3: So I don't want to dressing down from bread Shields. He's terrifying.
Speaker 1: We're going to take our medicine. I think if we it doesn't doesn't come off. Bread Shields has got every right to come on and were the hot favorites as bad plenty. Like I said, I love the Steamers.
Speaker 3: We're in. We're in them and.
Speaker 4: They love their footy down here too with the Steamers.
Speaker 3: So my as I said on Hadeki this morning when I did my sports update, my heart is with the Steamers, but my head says Wellington are too strong. You kept him by fair and path dupless care fee they've got, They've got a great backline, so I don't know. I think they'll take it out. But there's a good there's a good power play on ta B which I've jumped on, and that is they want to prehipt the sports book. But any hooker from either side so his first second or third try scorer and either team went by one to twelve paying four bucks. So I think any hooker what any hooker first second or third try scorer, because you if you look at this game, I mean that's a final. Yes, human centerpede is going to come and there's going to be initially you want to get on the board early and a chance to form the human centerpede from a five minute line out and flop over is too strong. So I think that's a I think it's a good punt. I'm in and on that one.
Speaker 1: Well, we have a a gender hunch to chuck on this week, and this week we're going vibe. We're going massive vibe, Bunt Wellington dwin and anytime try scorer.
Speaker 3: Chi that's good because if this comes off, then we can you know, we can tell him not only is the curse broken, but you made us a lot of money.
Speaker 1: This is a bit of this is a bit of insurance policy for ourselves.
Speaker 4: Exifally backfire, they lose, we lose our money. Yeah, this happened to me with South Canbridge just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: So when he's dreaming us, when he's giving us a dressing down on Tuesday about the curse, we can also fire back you've lost us money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. So we're even, We're actually square.
Speaker 1: If you don't mind, mate, Let's take one more quick break and we'll come back and wrap this thing up. He's the last piece of sport to discuss. As the key Wei's playing the kangaroos. As I mentioned before, and I think that we I was saying this the other day. I can't remember. Problem maybe on this podcast. I think we're too different, differential to Australia. We sort of still see ourselves as the underdogs against the Australians.
Speaker 4: I don't think we are surprisingly. I think the fans might think that.
Speaker 3: I think fans and media, but I think the players know that after they thump them, what thirty six nil? Yeah, last year. I think for the players, they play against these guys and with these guys they know every week, so they know how good they they know how good they are, and playing at home.
Speaker 1: It's a perception issue because the Australian media just as their dudes up so much hard. It's the reason why I've always had James Tedesco, and it's not because he's not a good player. It's because they always go up when gone about how incredibly is he's the greatest player of all time? In all those years when Roger was playing fullback for the Warriors and I'm like, Roger is better than Tedesco. Yeah, They're like, he's just hands down better than Todesska. But they talk about him as as if he's the greatest player of all time, and I think that seeps into our psyche as as Kiwi fans. We're like, yeah, oh yeah, they are all way better than us. They play Origin and they blah blah blah blah blah the fucking not nah they I mean they only just farted over Tongo, but Tong are a good team.
Speaker 3: But I love I love the Kiwi Test matches, particular against Aussies because I find the harker at the start. I find it's the last best you have. A fight could break out at there because the All Blacks have. It's turned into a bit of a show for the All Blacks. The other team has to be like twenty meters from them. Yeah, they're miked out, they're in a flying v. It's cool, like it's great drama. But I find when the Kiwis it's a bit looser. They charge it the other team, They get up into these schnozzles. I think, I think, yeah, I love it. I'm just like fuck yeah, and that you like that part of it. For me, I'm like, this is the fucking difference between rugby and league and the fact that they are fucking up for.
Speaker 1: It and you need that, you need that, like ship. This actually could hop off. Yeah, I love, I don't know. Yeah, it's it's the best. There's a you know, I was going to mention something that you listened to a lot of trouble. I'm not going to do. I'm making a business soon here.
Speaker 3: But anyway, that's some unlike you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So yeah, I think the Kiwi's I'm fairly certain they're gonna win. I didn't think that the Kangaroos look outstanding against Tonga the other week. And then also, like you say, home game sold out, Apollo sold out a pollow, and I do think it means more to the Kiwis playing at home as well, because they spend most of them, I mean, most of these dudes live in Australia.
Speaker 4: They all sound like Dingo's, they all.
Speaker 1: Sound like Dingers. When Phoenix Crossland, where did they find his burst? And to forget to get him back into the Kiwis squad, I had no idea he was a Kiwi. But yeah, I know, but I think that a lot of those dudes they feel displaced, and so when they come back and they put the Kiwis jersey on, it actually means something to them. I don't I think this is like an All Star game to a lot of those Australian Yeah, it's state of origin is their big thing where they fire up. But when they put that Assie jersey on it, I think it's more of like an honor to have the jersey than it is to actually play for your country, whereas the Kiwis are like, fucking let's go, yeah and bring on chance to be Kiwi.
Speaker 4: I've been living a fucking you know, Bondi for the last time.
Speaker 3: I think we're being waterboarded by dingos. Yeah, just having a crack at me.
Speaker 4: Get me home. So yeah, I'm looking forward to watching that as well.
Speaker 1: All Right, I think we need to knock this thing on the head because we've got Carl joining us.
Speaker 3: For a shortly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sportsbook, one last thing before we go.
Speaker 3: If you're listening to this on a Friday, the same day as recording the Great News on Tea Off, which I've talked about, which is one hundred and ninety golf clubs around the country have donated tea times for November and they auction them off over that. I think it's another week to go in the auction and then one week in November everyone goes and tees off in those locations some great courses and anyone who bids goes in the drawer for us to host them at Tiada for eighteen holes and yeah, yep, yeah, eighteen holes. You get one on Wax, you get to stay the night, we give you dinner out in Tata Links. It's one of the great courses of the world. Just by placing a bid. So you just go on there text t to three two three six like tee and you'll get to the auction, have a look at. Just place a bid on any of them.
Speaker 4: All to be on.
Speaker 3: Tiado is not e on. There's got great courses like Cody Cliffs down to you know some just regional, little regional country courses. I know Methans in there, Methan course. But today only on the Friday, there's an additional prize for anyone who jumps on there, jump on our social media. We'll put a link up. So today only is a chance to win a four ball at wider No at kinlock in Topor and you get carts, you get four dozen volley golf balls, you get a five hundred dollars half a golf about you just if you get on there today. Check out the social media on our Instagram or jump on Great New Zealands t Offs Instagram and you just have to tag three mates. You take Boom, You're away place of Bid. It's all for a good cause. They're looking to raise They raise seventy grand last year, looking to raise one hundred this year. So get onto it.
Speaker 4: Tee to three two three six for the Great New Zealand tee off. I'm going to do that right now.
Speaker 1: And once this podcast finishes, I suggest you pull your phone out of your pocket and you do it too, and without any further ado will knock this thing on the head.
Speaker 4: Join us on No Tuesday because it's Love Day on.
Speaker 3: My whole long weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, treat yourself, enjoy your long weekend.
Speaker 1: If you are so inclined, to listen to the a SEC Sportsbook later on today.
Speaker 4: Otherwise we'll see you on the Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's a Gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for William you get your podcasts