Speaker 1: From the ZIM podcast Network. This is for the Flesh has Big Pod, brought.
Speaker 2: To you by Chemist Warehouse, the biggest brands of the lowest prices.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Flench, Fawn and Haley. Welcome to the show. Vaughn's ten dollars Suburb returns today on the show, We're going to play after seven thirty this morning, a wild round of ten dollars suburb. Yesterday, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, we made a toddler jump of fence into a pool, into the area with the pool, but he's safe.
Speaker 3: Benji taking home ten bucks and fitz roy on New Plummet. Yeah, so a bran new suburb after seven thirty this morning, the top six coming up. Everybody's striking. I'm right, nurses, teachers, fire people and do you know what? Pay them all the moneies? Those need three very crucial areas. I think that's a I'll say that reflection to the state of the nation, Mount Peace of the Left. But one of the big ones is we can't have our beautiful people of the fire and emergency in New Zealand. We can't have them striking because we need them. We need the calendars, don't we.
Speaker 4: If you guys close over the Women's Firefighters Calendar, New Zealand.
Speaker 3: No, I reckon, just give it a clock. You don't even know. I reckon. Just cast your eyes over it. I've got eyes and they're free for casting. Follow the women's calendar, Women's Firefighter Calendar. We're not up seating. Oh my goodness. No, okay, so there I'm going to set myself off. They're stroking on Friday, freud morel So all, I've got the top sex ways to not catch fire tomorrow? But am I right in thinking they're only striking for an hour or a certin amount of specific yes, even there, Whereas teachers have a whole day to make it a long weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you popped down to the cormandor it's heating up. Yeah, you start swimming in October.
Speaker 3: My daughter's school has teachers on Friday, Thursday strike Friday, teachers on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, long weekend. Now teachers. He heard from the teachers or the top sacks coming up? Top six ways not to catch fire during the strike. Yep. Next on the show, though.
Speaker 4: Kevin Federline X husband and baby daddy for Britney Spears is releasing a book and it is going to tell all and he's already started pouring the.
Speaker 1: Tea plays Fletch Vaughn.
Speaker 4: And Haley Kevin Fedderline baby daddy to Brittany Spears, two sons. He was one of her backup dancers back in two thousand and four when they met and headed off and you know, got married and he tried a music career for a while, and everyone thought he was a joke.
Speaker 3: And now he is the primary parent. Tho he's parent, won right, He bloody took them away as quirk as pass and they are like fifty eight now, the kids, right, yeah, I think they're just about pinsion age, but they're like adults else. And they made the decision I think of few years ago to distance himself from knife dancing.
Speaker 1: Mum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and great choice.
Speaker 4: This is my gym, that's right, and the music video one of New Zealand's biggest proudest moments. He's the hot guy and the toxicity Toxicity, No, that's wrongband Toxic.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Anyway, So Kevin Fiderlein is releasing a memoir. It's called You Thought You Knew this is? This is gonna have a lot of teeth.
Speaker 4: So considering he didn't really do much else, Like he's not known for much more. Yeah, I think this is gonna be a very Britney based book. I read her memoir a couple of years ago, loved it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was so good. I saw. One of the things he said in this book was the night before their wedding, he caught her on the phone to Justin Timberlake and was like, what, al babe, I don't know shit, And he was like, who you're talking to? Yestin? He was like, Justin, that was really good for me, actually appreciation.
Speaker 4: Another thing from the book is that he caught her cheating on him with a female backup dancer bisexual activity.
Speaker 3: Wow, it doesn't count if it's the same six right, No, because that's just hot. He's like, in a different area code if you're on tour. Yeah, answer, it's not cheating. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he's been doing a bit of publicity for this, and he was on Entertainment tonight and he was expressing some of his genuine concerns about Brittany.
Speaker 3: What's going on now?
Speaker 5: And I'm not going to get into details because I'm not going to just expose her personal life, but it's ten times worse than anything that I've said in my book. I've stayed with my mouth shut for the sake of my family. I've tried to help my sons build a relationship with their mother, and I prayed to God every day that she gets the help that she needs or wakes up and realizes. And you have two sons right there in front of you that are screaming for a life with you, seen that they have with the rest of their family.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, I just.
Speaker 5: Want Brittany to be around for her children for a long time.
Speaker 3: I think this is going to be a good raid.
Speaker 4: If you, like me, have sort of become obsessed with the ongoing saga that is our.
Speaker 3: Beloved, I think the world always obsessed totally. We just want to know more. It's so she's a peculiar anyway, that's our On Tuesday next week, wrap your ears or your eyes around.
Speaker 1: That play z Ms Fletchborne and Hailey.
Speaker 3: It's all the rage at the moment.
Speaker 4: Dopamine detoxing, Oh yeah, I'm a dopamine addict for sure.
Speaker 3: Quick fixer ruining our attention spans. Yeah, well, guys, science is here to ruin the party. Oh no, because science has debunked the popular dopamine detox trend, which is all over TikTok reels and social media at the moment, because you can't detox from dopamine because it's not a toxin that you can flush out. Isn't it good for you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But the little like the the addiction to those little dopamine hits is the thing that you're trying to detox, but you can't actually flush dopamine from the body.
Speaker 3: No, no, And so that's what they're saying. It's like it might feel good for a day if you avoid screens, sugar, social media, all of those kind of things, but it's not actually going to reset your brain's system. And apparently the only way you can do that is by making like meaningful improvement. Yes, I know, I know, you've got to focus on you just got to do all those little things and just change.
Speaker 4: As Okay, I found this little article of the forty five ways to get it a quick little dopamine hit, No phone needed. Should we try some of these? Give me number between one and.
Speaker 3: Seven. Wait, are you on your on slides? You can't do this when you're on slide? Yes, I can stay with me, You're going to have to shuttle backwards. Okay, here we are eat lean protein. What are we talking? Get some chicken nuggets in here? I don't that. I was talking to a food technologist on Tuesday night for about technologists. Yeah wow, like convinced food. Yeah wow. And she was saying, what is the thing we take creatine? Yeah? Next, like everybody should be taking its new type coming out too. There's a new a new type creatine. It's all the rage at the moment eased off because what they said was you would have to get creatane naturally, you'd have to eat one kg of like tomatoes, meat. And I was like, well, I'll just do that because it comes just a whole lot of other stuff. But I want to eat a cajuice to day. Okay. It's really good as well for like people like us and people listening now that get up early in the morning. Everything cognitive, she said, everything, everything, everything, family, You want to do it, get doad on some cretan keep brain Yep. Though it adds water to amongst this, right, what makes it so good for you, yeah, is that it keeps you hydrating. I was getting too jacked, man. I had to go like sideways for a door. Yeah, yeah, that was a really tiny door though, playhouse, but I had to go because of the scrouch and kind of crowd. Okay, do you want another dopamine hurt? Okay, that's not like a bad dopamine hurt. Sniff coffee beans. Okay, Oh my god, this is I'm now looking at the last one of them to look at the stars, the moon this morning, the lovely am care and weirdly low north nor yet sinking the moon. Okay, here's yeah, people don't know because the COVID vaccent. Yeah, damn it, there's another run on the list. Don't do that. I don't like number two on the list. There was a sort of girls use a silly voice like that. I couldn't pick a voice I don't like. Am I just going to go back to my I'm just going to go back to scrolling talks to be honest. Yeah, I think it's time. No stop, I'm gonna go Why did you put all the voices any slippery impression? I was telling the boys. We were like, who's the first because Prime Minister, you remember Jim Bolger has passed away and he's like the first Prime Minister. I can remember being Prime Minister and knowing what a prime I remember he came to our high school. Did you play with boys from? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well my first memory of knowing the Prime Minister was Jenny Shipley, and I remembered that when I was like a or nine years old. I used to she was my first impression. And I used to walk into the room and be like and I'd be like, Mom, Mom, who am I? Who are you like Jenny Slippery?
Speaker 3: Because we used to say Jim Bold in his pants? Yeah. It's pretty good day, you know when you could have a laugh at the Prime Minister and it wasn't like just said yeah. It wasn't like oh no, it wasn't just like sad. Yeah. It wasn't just like do you guys want to see my chimney slippery? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Okay did you do a voice too? Because she didn't. I don't remember her voice, not like and Ruth Okay, whoa whom I Genie slip? Wow? Wows? But who am I? Bulson his pants?
Speaker 1: Zms Fletchborne and Hailey.
Speaker 4: There is a updated version of chat JPT coming When is this on Front?
Speaker 3: December December December twenty twenty five, and it's supposed to.
Speaker 4: I mean, originally they had a lot of sort of safeguarding all over it to protect you know, whoever was using it. And I remember, you know, trying to be a bit naughty with it, and it was like, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: It was like last year, and I was maybe, well the year before, look what I did with mine. Yesterday I took a photo of where I want to put my Irish pub and I said, can you show me what it's going to look like when I built my little Irish pub. It's tubag. That's dizzy one lotto last night and not tell us we've got a deal. I don't. I haven't checked my ticket. No, this is my dream. You don't have to be able to afford your dreams, now, that's true, actually towards them. You have a goal. You work hard to get what you want lovely. So I plan to work moderately and still get what I want. To look at generated images of my dream.
Speaker 4: It's called entitlements, still going to want. So it's part of the new version of chet GPT. It's going to allow more human like personalities.
Speaker 3: It's going to be able to.
Speaker 4: Use emojis, respond like a friend match user tome, and it has introduced a new erotica feature to in line with its new treat Adults Like Adults policy. So I think you'd have to log in to do this, I don't know, to prove your age. It will have age gaining measures, so you maybe upload idea or something like that, and then you.
Speaker 3: Can go on and be like, what does mama want to read today? So it'll write me? Is it cashing in on the whole girl?
Speaker 4: I'm go in and say, write me a piece of a roshka centered around a.
Speaker 3: Radio station. One female, two.
Speaker 4: Males always have historically been platonic.
Speaker 3: But the tension has been there since day one. Yeah, one of them is half man, half horse. One of them is a centaur. Yeah, one of them is, and one of the minotaur yeah yeah yeah, and it's an enemy lovers.
Speaker 4: And during a team meeting, staff meeting, of which we have today, this is this a meeting that could be in an email?
Speaker 3: It feels like, yeah, what's been an email?
Speaker 4: We could say they were set at the back of the sea, the seabam meeting. Yeah, when thighs brushed and then off it would go and it would ride us an erotica.
Speaker 3: Is it Is it about that or is it about getting their users more in love with their product? Definitely, because I mean I love reading smart we all do. But it's sometimes you're like, oh, I'm not that's not so much my cappetite. But there's not going to be that personal Lisali. You can go in and say it.
Speaker 4: I want the lead character to be a hilarious, hot thirty six year old woman from New Zealand for example. I would put in there, and I want the main male character to be Jason Mamore and they mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, Carmen's just message that it's the problem with authors and I've heard this is that, and this is the same with all of like anybody that uses it to generate art or stories, it has to draw inspiration from somewhere. It can't. It doesn't think it up. No, it can't create. Yeah, it just takes and changes, and it's using actual author's real works. Yeah. So it's still as basically stealing, isn't it. Yeah? Yeah, I mean that would be as good as a creative brain. You have sat there and for months mapped out as store all of the massive like a lot, not all, but A lot of the massive titles in this area started out as fan fiction. Yeah sure, yeah, little Internet fan fa Remione fan fiction, Romie Raco malfoy it hooked up with Hermione grangery in the Harry Potter World. No, I'm still really devastated that there's no homes brow fan fiction. There is one, yeah, that Jeremy Yeah a task that was task Master fan Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Okay, Well that's coming in December, so I think we're going to lose you people time for Christmas. Yeah, falling in love with their AI machines, Yes, just in time, just in time for Christmas. A Christmas Roman, Mum and Dad. Can't wait to meet your new partner? Yeah, well you can't because he's in here in my laptop plays Fletchborne and Hailey clay z MS Fletch Voorn.
Speaker 4: And now yesterday Flinch and I went to the gym together and so we were hitting downstairs to collect my vehicle, and that was when I believe Flitch felt a small rumble in the tumble and see it before I get into the vehicle.
Speaker 3: I am going to need to evacuate my bolls the bike bathroomthrooms down sometimes skip the toilets and the foy air at work, cash the lift down to the basement when my cars parked and immediately be like, I'm not going to make it home. No, and I go and use the there's only one toilet in the downstairs? Is that five showers? I think the showered toilet ratio all way down it's so out of ex same with the female ones as well. And I can't have urinals down there because it's below Yes, I worked it out. I was like, whire so that So you flush the toilet down there and your hear go and get sucked up the street levels, sucking up your poops straight, whereas the wheeze and aurine wouldn't work. No, it wouldn't.
Speaker 4: So you were heading to the bathroom, which is when I heard you say he.
Speaker 3: Literally caught out. Help, wait, what's happening? And they go around the bind and that's when we see Vaughan's truck lights on, lights on, unlocked with Vorn. I was like, oh, my god, is going to be collapsed in the front seat. He's had a heart at heart attack. There it is, there's all that red mete an incident. Right. Yeah, it's hard to guess yourself in a hybrid pretty hard, Yeah, for long, just goes to electric, you know, as it starts. So I'm like, oh, Vaughn's left his lights on. The idiot. I'm able to open the door and I'm like what, And I'm like, I'm trying to turn off the dial it's on off and the light no, the button shuttles between the different lights, and I did, and I did please it as well, and that's when Haley and I realized that it's not turning off. The lights aren't turning off because your keys are in there. Your keys are in the car, and the car was like on, not motor running, but on. Yeah, And you'd gone to catch up with a friend for coffee and I'm like, oh, well, Warne's just obviously dumped his bag and the keys and left it here. So so we're starting to picture a horrific afternoon for you.
Speaker 4: You come back from a lovely, friendly catch up with a friend, you can't get there and batter it. So we were like, we'll save the day.
Speaker 3: Get in the front, and.
Speaker 4: I turned off the car properly, and I've took your keys out and I hid them.
Speaker 3: You hit the month put them on. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I had the car running with the keys in it, so it was like the safety wasn't this is really an issue? Is it's in a lot car? Yeah? And then you had tried calling him.
Speaker 6: I tried.
Speaker 3: I seen a photo. I said, he we've left your keys, and Hayley and I went on with our day, and we did say to ourselves many times, could we really saved and stay there? Yeah? And crazy? Actually he must still be catching up this mat because he has not sent us the thanks that we felt so deserved we deserved.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you finally missed it after catching up with you.
Speaker 3: And I said, no, I did it on purpose. I was charging my Apple Watch. It weren't anymore, were you no? Because I was only gone for like maybe ten minutes before you guys these two clowns came along and turned the car off, so watched. Yeah. Igine, it's an electric battery, so it would like just sit with that for a very very very long time.
Speaker 4: I don't know how batter it's worked. Sometimes in my car, if I leave the lights on.
Speaker 3: Rocking up hybrid, I'm not rocking a highbrod. I didn't know because my watch didn't charge over night, and I was like, I'm not going to the gym if I can't close the rings, Like what's the point. And so I needed the encouragement of the watch having a full charge to the jewel right home. Okay, So I left it charging full well, knowing yeah, how battery wouldn't go flat in the hour and a bit I was away, Yeah, how much charge did your Apple watch have when you got back to about fourteen percent? It's not enough for a long workout, is that? Nope, So you didn't go to the gym, but I go to the gym because then I got back in the car and I was like, oh and I put it back. I put it, plugged it back. We'll see that you could have just done that eventually. A way, we're still waiting for our thanks for saving your afternoon, not thanks, kind of just pulled out the watch. Was constantly that. I was just finishing my workout and I was like, I'm gonna go flat again. So I just managed to get it in. Okay, we'll go well, no no harm, no foul, no harm, no foul, Just don't just don't touch it, and you're not thanks as not accepted. Next time something like this happens and you actually do need us to, you know, step in and help. Come give me a jump, plays Fletch Thorn and.
Speaker 1: Haley from the Fletchforn and Haley group chat. This is the top six.
Speaker 3: Can know my strikes are happening everywhere man, Yes, so fire fins, fire and emergency in New Zealand are oraging people and businesses and cities and towns primarily served by Korea firefighters to remain extra Korean firefighters Korea, Korea, I'm young Korea firefighters, KA firefighters. No, they they park their fire truck on the just put on the non volunteer full time firefighters. So for example, volunteer brigades will still okay because they're doing it for free anyway of the fire. Yeah, they do it for volunteering, you know, for the community. Whereas those in cities and towns people are urged to remain extra careful during the hours of mid day and one o'clock tomorrow that is when they will be fight a fight striking not.
Speaker 4: Can I just say we've had like twenty messages on police cannot strike police in the defense force.
Speaker 3: And you know why though, because it'd just be lawlessness. Oh my god, imagine they strike. I go, I'd steal a TV. I'll just do it. I'll steal a TV TV. I don't know. I've got a TV I don't need. Take what do you need two TV's?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'd just got a Moucci and I'd steal frocks. I would, and I'd be like, suck it. You know, what are you going to do? Call the cops striking? They're striking, but yeah, they everybody that can strike is striking. Yeah, pretty much striking that could possibly be striking. Should we strike a union. We're not union. I'm also happy. I'm fine, Yeah, yeah, happy, Yeah, I'm happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean my sign will saying very well, pay them the money we need. These guys totally the essentials. They give them what they want. Most of the fire people are just like, we're just like the right sort of equipment to be able to save lives. If that's okay, what a what a minimal eye? Have you seen the truck, say, with all of the year put over it, like this truck is however old, and this latter is broken and this is yeah, you don't think about it until that bloody burned down. Yeah. Top six ways not to catch fire during the fire strike. Number six on the list, stay in the bath. You can't catch fire and water. It's literally one of the weirdest places to be. It's one of the one of the best. Get in the bath. If you don't have a bath, you could use a pool, ocean if you don't yet. The ocean is pretty much one big bath. Just the world. Yeah, late the ocean, the bath of the world. It is, it is. We're all just sharing it. It's just a bath. Is the world with a bit of food in it. Food and fish and fish pose. Yeah. Number five on the list of the top six ways not to catch fire during the fire strike. Do not play with matches or lighters. Lighters classic that they make fire, yeah, and that fire can spread. Maybe just maybe just have an hour off candles too, just take the time. Since number four on the list of the top six ways not to catch fire in the fire strike, do not, under any circumstance cover yourself in flammable liquids.
Speaker 4: Damn it, I was gonna for the skin and you know, I've been having skinner.
Speaker 3: Shirt, I know, but it's flammable fireworks because it isn't Guy Fawkes coming up. I don't have fireworks because it was a producer. Did you say someone was letting off fireworks in the city yesterday?
Speaker 8: So I went for a little walk and I was walking up Pops and straight off to Ponts and Bay.
Speaker 3: To the supermarket. Darla, Wait, what you go to the dairy es today?
Speaker 8: Well, I went to the dairy later, as we'll talk about later in the show. Okay, I did a second dary visit Long tes No. I was going to the Ponts and Bee supermarket and as I was walking a lot, I heard what I thought was gunshots, and I panicked, and because I was with my partner, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Was that a gunshot? And he's like, I think they're fireworks. And then we looked and there was like the tinge.
Speaker 8: Of like daylight fireworks going off at midday apartment. Well it was just off the side we will walking out the road, so I think they were leading them off their apartment onto the road. But they let off the whole you know how there's like I don't know, maybe ten and a go. Yeah, it was the whole ten Like it was.
Speaker 3: Like man, man, Man, Roman candle. Well maybe maybe you've just seen that.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow there's a huge fireworks display where we live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is. I'm going to go, and I'd be like, think about the cats. Well, I didn't have a fireworks but number three on the list of the top six ways not to catch fire during the fire strike, if we could all just not firewalk for a little while. I know you loves and fire, but I can. I can give that a resk to my just for that time, because put you out if you catch fire. Number two on the less of the top six ways not to catch fire dre in the strike. Don't wear cheap flammable pajamas and stand next to a gaars seater. I love my flannelits and the change of the season. You do, and you're still rocking a three bar gay seat. Yeah, don't stand be careful. And number one and the less of the top six ways not to catch fire in the fire straight, whatever you do, do not bloody rub two sticks together at a rapid pace and put dry pine needles on them and gently blow. Whatever you do, what would happen? Well, you could start flying fire fire a couple of sticks. Stick. We'll get our heart of a pineails far easier said than done.
Speaker 4: Do you genuinely think if you got lost in the bush, No, you'd be able to do it.
Speaker 3: No. In New Zealand, bush is too weird, don't you. We are a moist. We need to get somewhere. You need to get out from under the canny cover, yes, and find some dry stuff. But even then, or just a McDonald, This ould country is as weird as a shag.
Speaker 4: You'd probably just get a I start one of those blocks in a lighter, yeah, bother of sticks.
Speaker 3: Men use a lighter. Yeah, I mean that's a great idiot. If you're lost, light a fire with a lighter. Take a light. That's what I always have a lighter in a knife. Yeah from last CBD. You won't catch me. That's top sext today.
Speaker 1: Play zims Flitchford.
Speaker 4: According to the survey, three in ten American adults are still afraid.
Speaker 3: Of the dark, A lot of them. One in ten sleeping with the lights fully on. What it's so bad? What the hell? You should try and have it darkness? Sleep with an I mass now, it's so good life change iron mark, im mass ugly but masks and the iron mask leaping in an iron mask it's light. It's like an anxiety blanket for the face. It is quite nice, but you need darkness to like you tell your body it's.
Speaker 4: Time for the hell to sleep and replenish. No, I need complete darkness as well, and I love the dark. The other day I did see a shadow and I went.
Speaker 3: But you can't have shadows in the complete because I've got a.
Speaker 4: Little window that looks into my bedroom, do you know, like at the top of the door.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was me, the peep window, peepet window, and my TV. She's so deserved for attention. She even wants to able to watch her sleep genuinely. Is no one looking at me?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nightmare. Someone look and listen at me, laugh at me. The most horrible nightmare that no one was laughing at me anyway. So it's a very childish fear. I guess it is here. Yeah, I want to know. Is it one of the innate human fears? It's just because you can't see, and so like fears that you're born with, one of them is falling. Is it? Is it so that we keep our sounds alive, so we don't go out in the dark because our bodies will I guess wired to escape predators. Yes, I mean cave men had the moon, didn't they. Yeah, that's true, had the moon. We're born with eight fears, the fear of falling, and the fear of loud noises.
Speaker 4: I do apologize the darkness isn't one of them. I hate loud noises. If you pop a balloon near me, I'm going to punch in the guts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I want to know if you have an unreasonable or a silly fear like the dark. And I don't want to purpose anyone's fears because, let's be honest, mine is one of the dark.
Speaker 3: A lot of them have like the actual names, don't they. Phobia, Yeah, clanophobia? What's that of clowns? Planophobia? There's a proper Name's not clownophobia. M't come around here with your education. Chorrophobia consistant fear of clowns that can trig a significant distress. Do you know a lot of people to this day as adults will be scared to get to their beard hanging on the side of the bed. One of the main reasons that good solid bed based rules because you can run. The monsters can't live under no one can live under my bed unless you're in one of the drawers. They can't actually open that. So when the monsters are in your wardrobe, your shape the wardrobe, they actually can't open that. But if you leave it open, they can get it. My clothes. Horses slid under my bed and that's all that fits under there. So good luck monsters. Okay, so you want to hear from people this morning?
Speaker 4: What is your silly or irrational or you know, maybe like a childish fear that you still have now as an adult.
Speaker 3: Okay, eight hundred Wait, what did someone message?
Speaker 4: Just message in the word and they said that they're legitimately scared of m O t hs as well, But you can't because you were happy to type the word.
Speaker 3: Whereas you can't even say the word or look at the word. Okay, oh, eight hundred dolls and mson number, give us a call. You can take through nine six nine sex. What is your silly fear? Third of Americans are still scared of the dark.
Speaker 4: So I want to know what is your I guess, irrational or sort of seemingly silly fear that you still hold onto as an adult.
Speaker 3: As an adult, Yours is the powdery butterflies, powdery, but dusty butts. Fletchers also scared of dusty butts. Yeah, you gotta keep them fresh dusty, but my god, I hate them. The irony is, and I think we've mentioned this before, is that Haley is terrified of m O. T. H is. But we have double glazing, two layers of windows, exterior and the insterior, insterior interior, and there's an emots did that. They didn't clear the windows, and it sits there. It's like a a tree like a museum displays a cheer. Yeah, there's a cheer in front of it. And every now and then I see it again. It made me feel quite so just move on. Other Okay, other people's phobias. Michael, good morning, what's yours? Good morning? I hate like and like weak glad rap. Could I give it a peck and a roll and a flick? Oh?
Speaker 1: Think they was going to cut it off with a knight.
Speaker 3: Really, so you'll just you'll lose a bit of the skin and apple just to get rid of it.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: Gone, it is weird. They put those stickers on everything, like even every piece, every piece like and we know it's a mandarin, you know, like we're of the mandarin status of this mandarin it is. They needs it, They needs it. They need it because if someone just posed a single mandarin, they're not going to know it. Put in your mouth and all the stickers have got the plu on them. Yeah, yeah, but the weak glad rap I can kind of understand because it's a weird texture, isn't it.
Speaker 1: That's a texture the oh you don't how long it's been there for?
Speaker 3: It's yeah. How much money, Michael, would you take for us to cover you in wet glad rap? Like you couldn't pay me? Like, what about the thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: I've got ten grand in my pocket. I'm going to give it to you right now if I can wet lad wrap you.
Speaker 1: Ten grand and one dollar were on.
Speaker 3: My head, tin grand I don't have while you're covered in wet glad rap, willpot fruit stickers on your cheeks. He's like, no money in the world. Sorry, Sorry for traumatizing you there, Michael, Sarah, what is your fear as an adult?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 3: My fear has been for a long time, robots or people dressed as robots. The future is going to be bleak for you. Wait, wait, not robots, but just humans wearing robot costumes.
Speaker 7: Both and I don't know where it comes from.
Speaker 6: And the other thing was stilt walkers.
Speaker 9: I am highly creaped out by stilt walkers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like wall but like it's just a but you're still in aportion. Yeah, anybody else want addresses a robot and get on some stilts? Really blow my mind. Robot's supposure therapy. It is a real way to get over fears.
Speaker 9: I think it comes from Doctor who is a kid and Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, it's scary as a kid. Yeah, the Daraleks and doctor Who. Thanks here? Anonymous? What is your fear as an adult?
Speaker 9: Long time listeners?
Speaker 3: First on Lovey Welcome, No, my home.
Speaker 9: My fear it is biting cello tapes.
Speaker 3: I like to break it off. I'm actually really good at this. Yeah I'm not not good at that. You don't like it? You don't like it either? No? No, just my teeth are funny shaped? Doesn't do it well? Have you broken a tooth or something? Anonymous? What's the origins?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just just even the sort of it makes me feel so and I couldn't even watch someone do it.
Speaker 3: It's just I can literally hear the quiver in your voice. Wait, could you do you still use selitate like to rat presents, but you just have a dispenser. Yeah, I just have a spencer use That's probably good because we're not supposed to be using our teeth the way we use them. No beer bottles and cracking, you know, ripping ship open. Anonymous, thank you so much. Some ticks in string of It's on the sides of banana. H Kelsey said, I've got megalophobia, like having to walk off planes if I have to because that's so big and standing next to the skytower absolutely freaks me out. Okay, so winger of things. Yeah, when things are way way bigger than me. Imagine seeing a huge whale. That'd be too much. Yeah, absolutely phobia. I've never heard I've never heard of that. That's so fascinating. So when you go overseas, if you're going to London, you just have to do like lots of three hour trips on little planes, yeah, because I mean you could take a boat, but those things aren't small. Some of those jumbo JITs say you like they're well, yeah, when you're like walking past it to get on it and you're like, oh, that's not that's not that's not flying, that's not hovering. Get off the ground when you get that makes all those squeaky noises. Yeah, ice block sticks. I can't even see or watch someone holding on to my toe balloons. Are scared of those discussing latex bags of hot breath, lay tix bags of hot breath. That's so funny. As a kid, someone told me that when you kill a spider, all of its family will come for you. And so now I'm like terrified of spiders and also won't kill them because I don't want us. I'm scared of using big spoons and a tea spoons only that probably makes your meal go further. Yeah, it does. Yeah, makes you feel like you're ready more. I have trapophobia. That's the cluster of holes punges. Lots of people have those hummus trif of holes. No, well so they couldn't even go timp and bowling? Are they big enough?
Speaker 10: No hole, whole busters?
Speaker 3: No, I ain't. The hole was okay, whole Busters. We didn't know because we hadn't said that doesn't it doesn't always hit script. I think broadcasting Santa's authority has they're a bit looser on improv r.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a calculate yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As broadcasters, we make mistakes, and whole Busters was one of them. I don't know if there's a name for it, but when it's nighttime and dark outside, I can't have the curtains open, it feels like someone's lurking in the darkness. I mean that's just being afraid of the dark. I think that's watching Scream as a teenager. Yeah, yeah, lobsters or crabs. Mom threw one at me while I was on the toilet once as a mom. Sounds funmm sounds sound fun sounds for all. Mum had a couple of mum it had a couple of wines. How weird is it that your mum's like, I've had a couple of drinks and throw some crabs at my kids. Is in the toilet, Craig, Craig, watch this crab. I'm about to create a lifelong tram.
Speaker 2: Plays its Fletchborn and Haley plays it Ms. Fletchborn and Haley.
Speaker 3: Vaughn right now has a sob story. You've only got yourself to blame. That costs more than ten dollars. Okay. A friend of mine messages a while ago and she said, I've got a package fire. She started doing like marketing and power for Lee the saw mill bears, Oh yeah, out much kind much kindaway. So she moved there and she's like, I've been I'm doing this now and I've got this package for you. And I was like, oh, she's like a career down. I was like, well that's going to cost. I was like, just give it to a mutual friend and I'll catch up with that friend and they'll be in exchange.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: That is one of those things where you're like, yep, sit and done, and then weeks are passing and you still haven't got your thing, and then the friends like, I'm sick of carrying around this thing for you. Can I just post it? Time to get it, And so I was like, let's catch up for coffee. Okay the middle friend. So yesterday went and caught up with coffee for her, and this box sat on the table the whole time. And when she left, she's like, how are you getting this back to your work? I said, I'm going to pop it in the back of a Lime scooter. Some of them have baskets. Some of them got by the seats in the baskets. The seed lime scooters are embarrassing for a fully grown man to stay around a few times and everybody, every time someone said to me, just stand up, Yeah, just stand up. Yeah, I stand up. If they're's only one to you, just stand up, I'm feeling silly. Also, when you sit down, I feel like you get all the bumps whereas you stand up that you feel like I'm a freestyle motocross off roader. Okay, I feel like I feel like I'm a nitro circus okay, or the middle Yeah, jackass, I'm a forty three year old man with a bad bag. Actually very dangerous for me to be doing. Yes. So then I get back to work. I hop off, I take my photo of my scooter in its position, and I walk away from the package. Dum, didn't you leave something? It was your protein powder, that's right, Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 4: Like I'd picked up his courier and we split ways, and I was like, I'll bring this over to yours back of the thing.
Speaker 3: He's walking because you don't see it, and the basket needs to be on the front. So were you constantly looking at the thing. I went back. I haven't told them, by the way that I both.
Speaker 4: Both the look because I went back and I saw and then the package was in the back and I was like, oh my god, I just grabbed it.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think about it till I got home way later in the day after some runabouts with the girls, and I got I was like, man, I could do with the beer. Oh my god. N wait, Shannon, who just left a box of beers in public? A kid could have found those on me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now he started his lifelong relationship with alcohol and that's on you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the teacher's striking yesterday, the probably yeah happened. I like to think someone living in Central Auckland that's living rough found.
Speaker 4: Themselves a lovely local craft beer, lovely warm, lovely shaking warm, slightly shaken but you know, not fussy.
Speaker 3: Just greatful. So I like that. You've got got in our group chat later in the day and then like kind of kind of said maybe, I'm like, she didn't know that, is it doing a run around? She said, I live clothes. I'm going to go to the diary anyway. Yeah, I was going to the deery. I needed tomatoes. So I was like, I'm going to do a round trip.
Speaker 8: I went to the other dairy just for you and uh, And then I was messaging you being like, is it the scooters?
Speaker 3: At the scooter it was and it wasn't any and they were long only one of those scooters, but the packages go on. I haven't told either of them, by the way, I just yeah, I'm going to message and the Delicious because how funny it would be if I found the beers.
Speaker 8: How suspicious I would have looked just walking up to a scooter stealing from it essentially walks like a.
Speaker 3: Drug drop A yeah, it does, you know what I mean? Like, I believe us here and then you're going to the money in the air and then you scoot a wound it. That's actually the best because no one touches the drugs, and in the movies that's it's always the touching of the drugs in the exchanging of the money.
Speaker 4: Have you pulled up on scooters? So today, if you were thinking of doing.
Speaker 3: A drug, well I don't in the back of the scooter and then you switch. You're not encouraging that or drinking some free street beers. I don't know. What some of those things, free streets, free street beers, you, free street beers, free streamers are going to be out there with a shower beer for top five types of beers beers Yeers is always top of the list. Play z Ins.
Speaker 1: Fleashborne and Hailey ms ten dollars Suburb.
Speaker 3: I think this is fast becoming people's favorite radio competition. I know, but I was just going to ask Vaughan, how are you going reclaiming some of this money back from ross Bos. It's actually a really good point. I got declined at the supermarket yesterday. I can't declined yesterday too. And all I wanted was some Greek yogurt? Yeah? And what else did I get? Not much? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And were you like god, I'd had that ten dollars? I went, who right, Louie, I said, I'm transferring this from your tax account again. I think we'll be dipping a talent to my tax savings tax. Yeah, so robbing Peter to pay Paul, Yeah, well, robbing Peter to pay whoever calls. Yes, that's rhymes sounds that pool. Yeah. Well, this is how ten dollars suburb works. Will randomly generate a suburb. Now and if you are in that suburb, you're the first call through. You win ten dollars I know, a life changing amount of money. Vaughan pays it instantly from his personal bank account after he's done a little trends. What was that looking for? Oh, I've just you need us to foot this one home. No, no, no, I actually haven't even checked that financial situation.
Speaker 4: So you just look at your bank account and when oh we can't play today, No, well I'll make it work.
Speaker 3: Okay. What was your face about that? You just said for another matter off here? It might be another matter, okay, okay, No it was no, no, no. The matter that made my face go that was I clicked to generate suburb. Okay. And you don't know where this is? No, I know where it is. Let's trail luck today we're going to end the cargo. Oh in a little suburb called Waikiwi, the Gateway to the good life and gore just north of Vercago Center, Wakiwi. If you're in Waikiwi right now, one's gonna call less how many people live there. It's a suburb that thinks of itself as a lifestyle choice, big backyard, freely dogs on proximity the highway makes it feel like a mini escape from the city, though technically you're still five minutes from cam out. Oh that's good love being close to it came. You just don't even know whim storage. I need an ice tray, I might need Okay, so that's randomly generator. Now I can I've got the boundaries. Okay, so that's a fairly big part of the car. Okay, say the suburb begin wai ki we, why ky we? If you like why key we right now? And in vercargo, Oh, eight hundred dollars at him for ten dollars, suburb, I'm going to be in a Vicago sern with Seven Days Live. I love it down there. Get your tickets now, seven Days Its part about it's the best part about the Cago, the wide Street.
Speaker 4: The last two times I did Seven Days Life down in the Cargo, there was a brawl both shows.
Speaker 3: Famously was where we saw one girl jump on the other one's back and I've in a friendly manner and then she like reached around and bitter on the cheek, like yeah, and it wasn't in a friendly matter at all, and then the girl who was being but then swung back overhead with a bottle of tattoo. If you remember that article straight on the head, it was a hell of a sho one to watch. Janelle has got through. Good morning now, welcome to ten dollar suburb. Good morning. Are you calling now from Waikiwi? Yes, I am.
Speaker 9: I'm just about to leave because I'm gonna go to strive to work.
Speaker 3: Checks out, she's she does the big Scottish are Yeah. Okay, before you leave, we need to know whereabouts you are because you might think you're in Waikiwi. Like yesterday someone thought they were Oh my god, they were perilously closely losing. Yesterday they were right next door. So we need to know where you're at.
Speaker 9: I am at I've just pulled over at way Kiwi will work.
Speaker 3: That is. I think that's one of the landmarks of Waikiwi, according to right in on that So are you on Durham Street or North Road or Fraser.
Speaker 9: On nor North Road, right by the corner of Durham Street.
Speaker 3: Right by the corner of Durham I'm believing her. I'm also believing what is it? What's around you? Tell me what's around you? I'm just dropping my st there is.
Speaker 9: A school across the road on Durham Street. Yeah, it's an adventurest school on this there's that.
Speaker 4: There's some fun Adventist Ventist school across the road from Woolworths.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, well I'm just home. Just down the road cemetery right next to the wrist time from the school.
Speaker 1: Road from the cemetery, over the road from.
Speaker 3: The school, there is a building. It's tell me can you tell me what company owns that building? Over the road from the school, over North road from.
Speaker 9: The school, over North road from the school.
Speaker 3: You know what, Wait a minute, I think you're on the wrong side of I can pop down here and have a look, because that could be like an Janella. It sounds like it's weirdly the building I'm looking at a red it's red. It's got a red. Huh where you see a bit? I'm like, you know when you see a building and you're like, that was once a vents. Yeah, that was once an that was once of something, you know. J Now, congratulations from why Key and in the cargo you are today's winner of ten dollars. Subber Fletcher. Everyone was going to be in there. Fletch didn't think anyone's going to be in there someone was and so quick and so proficiently describing an environment. Yes, I know this is a perfect winner. Just to have a teacher. What can I say? Wow? There we go help. The next time you strike. You know, you've got ten dollars your primary secondary ten dollars. I am primary. So we're striking on Thursday.
Speaker 4: You had a next Tuesday, Well you just got a ten dollar pay rise one day only one days.
Speaker 3: You that'll be building a hole in your pocket. Though, if you can hold onto ten dollars for a week, it will be well do you now? Wait there, everyone's going to personally transfer you. Are you just doing a transfer bank transfer? On? Are you just showing chicking what account? Okay? Right, okay, I reckon it come out of that. We've got to talk to Rosbos today about boosting some funds into your account. Mate, I'm sucking a worry. It might have to become Hayley's play Ms vorn In Hailey Kim Kay, who, by the way, I love.
Speaker 4: I'm such a fan of hers. I think she's very funny. I think she's very self aware. I think she's very successful, and I think I just think she's smart. I really I do love Kim Kay. I say that with no irony a meet of fifty seven. So I did see her in the Apple once, so little, So okay, two.
Speaker 3: Bits of news. Let's start in the skims territory of her underwear or active wear. Her brand.
Speaker 4: Basically, they're famous for some of their pieces, including the bra that Morgan is sexologist Morgan Penn bought, the hard nipple bra.
Speaker 3: Remember we did a test. I believe it's just.
Speaker 8: And Hi.
Speaker 3: She will often go without, yes, I know, but when she does she likes to push up. And so this was a push upn't it with a hardened nip on it? Who did the nipple testing at that lunch? And I had a hard nipple and we tested her fake heart with my real hard novel. Why we don't get invited back to a lot of lunch recently? Your birthday? No, no, no one before. I don't remember traumatic I blanked out. Has she just recently done a co lab with Nike with Nike, Yeah, Eddie, one of them, one of them anyway, it was Nike's Nike Nike Nike it is yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Her brand is like size inclusive and like colored skin inclusive. I love it.
Speaker 4: So her new piece already sold out, which it always does right on skims. It is a thong and it is tiny and in the front is a little panel that would go over the front and on it is a sort of sown in pubes.
Speaker 3: This is the modern mercan and it's sold out. Why idially, Well, we've all laised it off our pubes. So now if you want the bush, here the bush. Yeah, the bush is back launch drink and pubes. As a matter of fact, right, I mean I think it's like it's a bit of tongue in cheek as well. Yeah, it's just marketing.
Speaker 4: What was her last the face strap that sold out immediately. She it's smart, so.
Speaker 3: Smart, she gets everybody talking. Yeah, so that sold out.
Speaker 4: If you want to buy it, I think the nipple push up bray you can still get online. But yeah, the merchant is sold out. And I saw this this morning when I was having a little scrolly wolly. Kim Kardashian is the latest guest on the Call of Daddy podcast which she gets great guests and then does it just has amazing interviews. And Kim Kardashian is the latest one. And I tell you what Aleck's. The host didn't hold back of the questions. She asked him what it's like to co parent with Kanye and how involved he is.
Speaker 3: When was the last time Kanye saw the kids?
Speaker 11: Hmmm, whenever he'll call for them and ask It's probably been a couple months since we've heard from him. Look, it's not easy no matter what. Every time he has asked, I will always let them see their father.
Speaker 3: That's just who I am.
Speaker 11: You know, if there's a time where it's just really super unhealthy, I will, you know, say hey, let's do it here at my house, or let's figure out a different time.
Speaker 4: And so she basically doesn't. She just doesn't sugarcoata. He's got her hands on father. He's barely involved in their lives very much.
Speaker 3: The question that the host Alex asked was what's it like co parenting with Kanye West? In terms of media? Answer was, what do you think it's like co parenting with Kanye West? A nightmare?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you just get this sort of idea that she's a very patient and like tolerant woman, but she asks all these questions, like she asks about rumors of fake you know, the stuff that the cardation's been accused of for years, like implants and you know, planting paparazzi and leaking sex tapes for their own success and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And it's very very honest and very raw. And that's the latest episode of Our Calling. Yeah, it was out like.
Speaker 4: Ten hours ago basically, and it's definitely worth a worth listen.
Speaker 2: Playms Fleshborn and Haley play Zms Fletchborne and Hailey.
Speaker 3: Bit of a saga to quickly unfold here before I want to hear from our lovely listeners. You may remember last week I took Tuesday off the day before my birthday. Yes, I don't know what you guys said on air, sick say, I think we're yeah away. I wasn't away. You were away with the bloody fairies.
Speaker 4: Because I had woken up on that Tuesday morning to go to work at four forty or whatever for twenty whatever it was, and I felt a burning on my chin like no other and I had messed with the chin the day before. No, I didn't think it was I thought I was sort of wake up and what I'd done would be over. And I went and I looked in the bathroom mirror, and my chin was starting to blister slightly, and as I tried to touch it or put something on it, the skin would sort of start melting away.
Speaker 3: And that's not what you want from your skin. Yeah, you know, because I remember that happened to me when I was working in Chernobyl. Yeah. Your whole skin melted off. The whole skin rubbed off, covered with some savalon.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So what I had done the day before was I had dormaplaned my face to remove my chin bristles and hears right, little blades of go like this, and lots of girls do it all over their whole face. But I was just kidding the pricklys. I do this a lot, and I've never had an issue before. And then later on in that day, I noticed some light pimples. I didn't put two and two together that I just probably had a little bit of, you know, a Brasian or whatever.
Speaker 3: And so with the pimples, what I did was.
Speaker 4: I squeezed them and they weren't purple light because what came up was more of a water watery liquid. And then I thought, I'll put a pimple treatment on it, and I got one of the harshest ones I could find that was full of all sorts of acids, and I put that on my face. And so when I woke up on the Tuesday, I was like, something's gone horribly wrong. My skins start melting off. And then so what I did on that day was rub it quite aggressively and then put hydroquarterzone on that. So then I throughout the day it got worse, and I jumped on a video call with a doctor and he said, why on earth have you done that? Please stop touching it, but I didn't quite believe him, so I continue with the hundred quarter zone for two more days.
Speaker 3: Later there so I also did an emergency doctor I literally says, on the tube of hydroate cordzone, don't put an open open.
Speaker 4: Words, words and sores. And then I sort of thought that was the worst of it. And on that Tuesday I had sent photos and it was like it didn't look as bad I was. It looks worse in real life, and I just sat off here before I had no idea what was coming. The next day was my birthday and I wanted to feel attractive, so I put makeup on it. Mistake number nine. At this point, or whatever. By the Thursday, like shit hit the fan. It got so bad my skin blistered, it melted, like my whole it grew through like my nose down to my chin.
Speaker 3: It was cracking. It was bliss. It was. It has been horrendous. You never happen if you washed your face with some ives foot scrub. I know. I think causing the abrasion was mistake number one. What so it was it the plane in the derma planing.
Speaker 4: It created small This is because I've seen four doctors now. I created basically micro little cuts and abrasions.
Speaker 3: Then I'd squeezed.
Speaker 4: Bacteria through it by popping these little pimp or blisters or whatever it was. Then I'd put acid on it and created a chemical burn.
Speaker 3: Then I'd mas it didn't kill the bacteria. It didn't kill the bacteria. Feeling this, I had a big I swallowed the spider to catch the flying why and then.
Speaker 4: But so the last doctor I've seen was but was it's concluded? And then I had a staff in fiction on my face. So it's literally been awful. And then you may have noticed on her socials, I was like, don't film me, Shannon, what is.
Speaker 3: The staff in fiction? Real bad. Yeah, yeah, get real bad.
Speaker 4: And then just to sort of add to it, so I went on antibiotics to get rid of the staff and then I thought I got thrush, and then I took anti thrushing medication to get rid of the thrush from the antibiotics.
Speaker 3: It's flying, and I finally today feel like I've woke it up, and I'm like on the mint. It's been a big ten days for Haley. It's been a thing. I've cried a lot. Have we sufficiently provided comfort? You've been great? Okay. I was like, you were really upset, and Fletch and I were just sitting here looking at each other, and I think I patted you, but Fletcher was just like it's okay. And I was like, I don't think we're doing enough, no one. And then Haley's like, I'm not used to being ugly. I said, I'm new. I said, don't bully me. I'm new to being ugly. And it's been harrowing man for years. Cry. She cried again again, but like we can laugh now because you were trying. It got so bad. Yeah, And it was all in the name of beauty.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: It was like you just left your face alone, you'd be fine.
Speaker 4: I know literally every step of the way I messed up anyway. I want to know now, what was your beauty nightmare? And this always happens when you take things into your own hands, when you're like, I'm going to give.
Speaker 3: Myself a wax, I'm going to wax my eyebrows. I'm gonna this ointment will be fine, this week will be fine. It's not used for that, but I'll use that. But you, literally every step of the way just made things worse. And then each new doctor I saw was like, why why It was one of those doctors, Dr Shawney, our friend.
Speaker 4: Doctor doctor Shawnie was doctor number three. He provided excellent advice, and then doctor number.
Speaker 3: Four was like, because you had the thrush and the uti, the thrush from all of that. She was the one who was like, that is now officially staffed. So Jesus, I did a number on the face. I was like, should we put a photo up on socials? But it was GRAMM, we've turned a corner. We've turned a corner. Yeah, it's like the antibiotics have kicked in. Everything's it'll be gone. I reckon come Monday next week, all right, there might be a little it'll be read for a little bit. But do you know I went on a date with this face? I mean, that's that's the true test. I was like, Sprowl's still got to prowl when your cat there's been in a fight with a cat and it's looking a bit bad but worse for wear, but it still goes out on the were in Burka, weren't you? Yeah? And then I was like, is this wrong? You know? So I took it off and he was like, out anyway, you've got a color. You bought me at my best, you got to have me at my worst. Yeah, this is true. Okay, So if you can't handle it her at a burn's victim, you don't deserve it to Beyonce. That's right, exactly on a T shirt. Yeah. So I went one hundred dollars at Ina And we want to hear some calls. Now take your stories. You can take some nine six nine sex that we're flooded already. I want to know what was your beauty nightmare? Make me feel better? Yeah? Because because I did it all to myself. Are you using face mouths again?
Speaker 4: I just want to say, and I want to apologize to Casey. I am a Casey ambassador, and that says nothing to do.
Speaker 3: With it house from her well.
Speaker 4: Over the last ten days, I have quietly and emotionally been dealing with a self inflicted chemical burn that turned into a staff in fiction then the great place of my face.
Speaker 3: There were days last week when we were told her for making you laugh because you can't open your mouth when it was.
Speaker 4: Doing the drying process. I had to and I couldn't eat very well because I couldn't open my mouth. The mouth's been completely useless for ten days. Tell you what, anyway, I want to know. What was your beauty nightmare?
Speaker 3: Giant? Good morning? What happens?
Speaker 6: I was just laughing with my daughter about what shade of orange my head turned who when I tried it? When I died it from dark d brown to try to diet on myself.
Speaker 3: You can't just do that.
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't. It was way back in the early two thousands, and we decided that it was a fire crops orange. I I helined my way to Stephen Martin your market if I can.
Speaker 3: Name drop that so and I don't think, oh my god, yea.
Speaker 6: And I was still crying at the end, and it's taken so long over so I still can't deal with the color orange.
Speaker 3: You say she's triggered, She says, mandarins. Donald Trump's on the news.
Speaker 7: He's okay.
Speaker 5: It's okay.
Speaker 3: You never he's okay. I don't think. I don't think we said he's okay, He's okay.
Speaker 4: Look, you don't try to make yourself blonde.
Speaker 3: I feel like every woman learned that the hard way.
Speaker 9: It was way back in the two thousands.
Speaker 6: More flatting and Koei Murama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what color is you here? Now? On? Have we stayed dark? No?
Speaker 9: I just said to her my door and here we are.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, we didn't stay dark.
Speaker 9: We went to the blonde.
Speaker 6: And it did take a long time. And thank God, O.
Speaker 3: Plea Jesus the Lord. It's like it helps strengthen you're here. Sorry boy, Jane, thank you. Let's go to Charlotte. Charlotte, what was your beauty nightmare? So I go to a beauty school and I got my first Brazilian wax, and long story short, she stilled me shut. She was shut.
Speaker 9: Well, my Brazilian wax, you sealed my.
Speaker 3: She built up the who has Yeah, she resealed putman Cummons to why was the wax on the lips? It should be on the outer, not the inner. I don't know. That's what beauty school is for. It's about trial and error, isn't it. It's about you have vagina on the line for you to learn learning the inner, outer, ins and out. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it's literally learning the ins and out minors from your majority yeah yeah, which ones? Which also, It's just it's a weird going to course, Charlotte, and everyone in your course sees you who hunt. But it's even worse the teachers seen it because you don't get it. Wealth. You don't go to welding school and get your dicks, you actually do. You obviously don't know how many engineers. How did we separate? How did we separate the sea?
Speaker 9: She just had to just rip it far up.
Speaker 3: Listen, cheese, there's a lipsmacker, there's a there is a okay letter, Okay, Charlotte, thank you sorry, Okay, yeah, yeah, Brenda, Good morning. What was your beauty nightmare?
Speaker 9: Good morning. I was a student in Denate and I came home from town at all hours in the morning, and I was like, right, I'm going to be good. I'm going to take my makeup off, I know what a thought. And the makeup remover bottle looked very, very similar to the nail polish.
Speaker 3: Remover bottle.
Speaker 9: That on, and yeah, drowned my face and all my eyes and a nail polish remover I got so the steps to the skin and soil. It just burned and rashed up.
Speaker 3: No, how did you go to have to go to the hospital or anything.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 9: I was like, we'll just We're just going to have to set this out.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to It's basically like to say yeah, yeah, because you wouldn't you would have noticed straight away. It's not like you would have Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: It's an instant thing, ye, burning of the eye.
Speaker 3: So now I just go to be with it on and then the next day you can still tiny it up a bit and have you stay and the to wash it. He hates it when I don't wash my face at his house. It's just a courtesy, isn't It is like a big brown spear on the white sheet. Thank you bring so many messages there in your beauty nightmares. I cut my own fringe two days before the school baller looked like one of those weird short HAPs the fringes French ben fringe one hundred men friends, got a friend in her hands? Yeah, one hundred bench friends when I who answers? If you call that, I don't know. Okay, you have to die, want to get out out? Eight hundred Oh wait, I don't have the letters on my key. You're going to have to tell me? What is it? Nine no? No, no no M not nine M? Was sex? Wasn't it sex? Hang on, aren't I It's here we go. I've got fun eight hundred six yep for six yep, four three yep and then probably get just f three inter it's cooled. No, this is what it doesn't it cause reception. You've got a wasting if you didn't realize as a company or you have called is either not allocated? Men friends? If love, well, that's good to know that it's available.
Speaker 4: I got squirted in the face by one of those automatic fly sprays. That's why I didn't pause.
Speaker 3: I just care rolling through. There's a proficional squirted in the face by one of those automatic fly spray dispins. Is my whole face swelled up like I was the was like that cat lady. It was horrifical. So how tall are you or who's leaving one of those? Those aren't it face height? Those aren't it like the breakfast bar level? No, you have them high or low. Yeah. I met a month ago a little sore on the tip of my nose. I thought it was a pimple, gave it a squeeze that grew into a cold saw. Turns out it was also staff infected and I have to miss out and missed out on an awesome event. I've still got some red scar on the end of my line. Some one of my friends gets her cold saws and the nose only not on the lip. Oh, okay, you get some there, the nose in the verge of the lips. Yeah. Yeah, people who get them, they look so sore. When Stefo, my mom put hair removal cream on her butt crack on the way out for a date, forgot about it and went out. She was driving it and she want to wear assles on fire. Chemically, you have to be so careful with that here removal cream. Yeah. When as a teen I used pisboan to tan, which was about twenty five years ago an orange base, so I went what was described as tandory orange ridicule. Girl came home, took a bath and did and aggressively scrubbed, resulted in a red awfully awful, itchy rash and guess what still a tand or orange tan oh no?
Speaker 4: When this fream went viral on TikTok okay you scream with viral on TikTok trying to film and get ready with me I loved and accidentally pulling all her eyelashes off with the eyelish curler worth it though it's launched a semi successful influence a side hustle for it.
Speaker 3: So hello, you know there's a little stampy. I've seen a few of these and then people go there and the eyelish just came off. Yeah, that's horrible.
Speaker 1: Fletchorn and Hailey Big Pod.
Speaker 10: Fact of the Day, Day Day, Day, Day, Do do do Do do do do deep dead doop dead doop doop doom.
Speaker 3: This week in Fact of the Day, we're looking into the Matilda effect because Tuesday was a lovelace day. The Matilda effect, just to catch you up, is an effect that describes the bias where women scientific achievements are attributed to their male colleagues. I'm a real feminist for campaigning. This week, I hosted an event on Tuesday night with some very inspirational females in the STEM industry, and the most confronting moment was when one of them said, I was born in two thousand and four. And I said, impossible, people was born in two thousand and four. Should still be at school? You're a baby? And she's like no, and I said, hah. She said what were you doing in two thousand and four? And I said pretty much what I do now. And then I went to the toilet for a cry. But anyway, that's by the bye. Today we are learning about Nettie Stevens Netty I love there as a name.
Speaker 1: What is it short for.
Speaker 3: Netty? Natty? So? Nettie Maria Stevens was a pioneering American biologist who made one of the most fundamental discoveries in Jeannette Dicks. She worked out that an organism's gender or at sex, was determined by its chromosomes. He bought the name Annette can be called NITTI, yeah, Jeanette, what was leddy short full shir right? Yeah? Also Lynnette's, Henrietta's and Antoinette's also get called Netty that could be a good fact in the day theme for next week. How some because you know I've learned recently how Richard's became disks. Yes, James, it becomes Jimmy, Jimmy. So she was studying meal worms, nitty. She was studying meal worms, and she sorry, what was she responsible for? She discovered, I'm about to tell you far be it on this week for a man to tell a woman to wait. But but you said something before, and I missed something about She made one of the most fundamental discoveries in genetics that an organism's gender was sex was determined by its chromosomes. Okay, So, while studying mealworms, she observed that male meal worms carried both a large and a small chromosome that we now know is X and Y, so x Y male and then females carried two large ones x X. In nineteen o five, she wrote a meticulous scientific paper that was years beyond like where she is and the technology she had, but she worked it all out. She clearly described the chromosome or mechanism of sex determination, overturning the popular belief of external factors like do it on a Monday and you'll have a boy. Or if she's on top, it'll be a girl. Oh yeah, but her leagues up afterwards, it will be this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If it was cold outside on the day, it'll be a little boy. Old twise, old wives sales. She said, no, it's all got to do with with the chromosomes that we carry.
Speaker 3: Thomas Morgan here he is here boys male, a more famous male contemporary, dismissed her findings as premature. Sadly, at the age of fifteen. Nineteen twelve, Netty died it cancer prest cancer nineteen twelve at the age fifty. So she's the oldest. All the other wonderful scientists, these beautiful minds that we heard about earlier in the week kind of died in their thirties and such. She got to the age of fifty and died in nineteen twelve and nineteen thirty three. Twenty one years later, re entered Thomas Morgan, who wins a Nobel Prize prick for being a prized for being a prized son of a gun after he adopted her chromosome theory as his own, despite saying it's premature time and it's not right. So she died without even knowing that her discovery and her work would be the cornerstone of modern biology. I'm opening junior Counseling ivf oh love quies screening and how our understanding of inheritance and diseases that you inherit from what side of the family, and if you inherit like a specific disease through the females on your family or the males on your family. American all pinned back to her work and systry dot com would have blown her mind. Oh well, she bloody started at yeah her and how do we learn about on Monday? Roslind Frank and the first one to take the photo of the double helix DNA that had her work stolen by Crick and Watson.
Speaker 4: Could it upsets me greatly that these women didn't get to experience the recognition.
Speaker 3: What sorry, sorry, it was well for me, it was very good. It was very good. Did you just time it? Let him finish? Sabe babes Shush all right, sweetheart, sweetheart. So today's fact to the day is Nattie Stevens discovered the modern chromosomes of X and y xx woman ex wife for men, and had her work stolen by the son of a gun called Thomas, who won a Nobel Peace Prize for her work twenty years after her death. Fact of the Day, Day Day.
Speaker 1: Day Day podcast network play that ends flesh Worn and Haley.
Speaker 3: I've got a skill that I sort of forgot that I had and I'm actually really good about. I was really surprised in the group chat last night. I was like, it was a good effort. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I I've got a photo shoot happening at my house because I've finally got curtains after only the house for four years, and I've been working with this company, Martha's, and they've they've done a great job of these curtains.
Speaker 3: They're coming over to take some photos, and the house isn't like done, you know, it was a bit lame, and the couch is so plain and boring, and I was like, man, I really need some like cool cushions, you know, like to kind of funk it up a bit. And so yesterday I quickly hit Newmarket and I was having a little shop around and charging what for a designer cushion one I really liked. I was like, that's going to look perfect. Two hundred and ninety dollars for a cusion. Now I do have a nice house and yeah, okay, so I've got it, but lucks, you know what I mean? How much recushion? I don't have blacked out two hundred ninety dollars. But you didn't buy that because no, no, no, no, no no, even I have a b because when you think about it, it is so cheap to make right like a square. It's square. It's just fluff. Yeah, it's fluffy. It's nice to feel square. Happy to pay you know, good money for the feather and think my chickens fithers that the drunk. Great idea, great idea to go to the park and just abduct some ducks. Oh my god, yes, and then just put them if you're if you don't know that effort. Abduct some geese, give them goosef give you. Yeah, it's always and they're a pain in the ass. They're a pissed. Actually, I think we should're good for jackets, something for a warm jacket, for a puffer.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll luire some into a tramp perfect pluck them. Well, then you might want to come into my business. Well, I'll come back to this.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know. I feel bad about releasing naked geese. I don't. They'll feel for shame, they'll feel embarrassed. Walk around behind them with a bell shame. You can look at me, please.
Speaker 4: So I was thinking about this and I was like, oh, and this shoots up like it's today, and I just I was not winning. And then I remembered in my garage, I have all of these old pillows, like feathery pillows that are just like lumpy now, all different shapes, some old thin cushion things, and I was like, man, I could kind of reshape those and make an inner.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll try and make some cushions. And I remembered I.
Speaker 4: Got my sewing machine fix. I got my sewing machine for my seventeenth birthday.
Speaker 3: So she's an old gal. That's cool. Yeah, And I got it fixed not long ago. So machines any one of those things that last forever though if you look after them.
Speaker 4: When I took it to this place to get fixed, the first time it's ever been fixed since my seventeenth birthday, the guy was like, no, it's just perfect, it's all good, just fixed the foot in the there you go. So I remembered that I had a sewing machine, and so I went back to Martha's, which is a fabric shop, and I was like, well, maybe I just have a little look for some fabrics.
Speaker 3: And I looked around the shop and I found some like cool. I went embroidered. I got a velvet. I got a kind of a boot clay fabric. The team was, I won't do it. It's pronounced buckle. It's not a fabric. No, no, no, clay, soft, lumpy, don't come here, very warman listening bloody boot clay is can you just use words that you know? Cheers are all made of boot clay. I never heard of. I'm not making party clay. Jesus make pillows particular booklet party And I was surprised because it was not. When I was all, I was like, where's the cushions? And it's like you would say, it's a model fabric, kind of blumpy fabric. How I spell it? Bo you ce l e with an xcent? Literally, I was so funny. That was a very funny show. Okay, can I move on from bou clay?
Speaker 4: So I got these fair bricks and then I thought, do you know what make these not look amateur? If I got like a trim and I was like, how would I sew in the trim, I don't know know. I had to look through Martha's trims and I was like, we get some damn trim. So I left the place with four different fair bricks and two different trims and no plan. And I go home and I sit up my sewing machine and suddenly it's like like this like a rat under the hat almost takes over. And I remember how a thread down up, hook down through fish for the bobbing, and then.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's my favorite part is when you fish with the bobbin.
Speaker 4: I fish for the bubble. But then I realized my bobb and is not right. So then I'm like, I know how to make a bob And I get the cotton and I put it on the things.
Speaker 3: I switch it sewing myself, bot put it back.
Speaker 4: In go fashing, and then I sort of just start cutting squares and figuring it all out.
Speaker 3: I make this cushion that is legitimately yeah, I'm so sorry, And this is all with a fringe embroidered. It's all stitched nicely. I stuffed just an old pillow in there. I love it. It looks you never know, it looks like you'd spent two hundred and ninety dollars on that I know.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, oh my god, I could start doing this for gifts. You imagine at Christmas time, and I think, okay, what as Fletcher's apartment need a drop of you know, and so it's gray, black and white, and that is.
Speaker 3: Not my jam. It suits my cat.
Speaker 4: Maybe he needs his freely cushion and tricks here. But I might be doing cushions all right for Christmas because I'm on.
Speaker 3: And you can go to fabric stores as the best bit if you're making cushions, get scraps. Always got the bundled up scraps for cheapest chips, because it's not enough. I'm in press considering the last time you would have done sewing was what at intermediated High School. I've done some like crap stuff over the years and the machine was broken. But this, honestly, if you saw that in a design store, I would happily charge ten dollars charge one hundred bucks for them. Wow. I would charge one designer trim and my muffy one hundred bucks would be mates rates. But you guys are getting one each for free. Okay. Anyway, So the business I have Garfield on mine the business. I'll give you some Garfield fair the business ideas I'm going to make. It's the store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm making the cushions. Flitch your I'm not sure of your use. Often I'm unsure what to do with you. You are going to caw New Zealand made geese.
Speaker 3: It's a sustainable thing because the geese are an invasive piece. Yeah, and they're awful. Just put the whole ghost in there. Yeah more because it's way more of a get a stink and you're gonna go to lay down on the couch and a sharp but if the foot's gonna hit you, we'll get rid of the the limbs. Yeah, and the beag real real goose stuffed. New Zealand made cushions its seats, does then.
Speaker 1: Podcast network silly little pool silly?
Speaker 7: It is so silly, silly, silly that silly little pool silly, silly little pole silly.
Speaker 3: Well, the cross body phone case holder seems to be all the rape, all the rage. It cuts onto the bottom too, which is really weird. Yeah. Apple, when they release in you iPhones a few weeks back, they have an Apple case with the little strat strating would be good for a festival maybe, but I think we love a small side bag for fist, but also as we need less and less cards and keys and stuff to carry with us. This could be the adventure satul slash purse replacement, George. But what iPhone are you rocking? The iPhone fourteen? I'm on the fourteen two. I honestly reckon. Those cross body cases are epic? Do you like them? Okay? The absolute cream dollar cream would be. This is a haybbit fan right here, a road phone case with your lip gloss in the back, but it's also a crossbody. It's actually spelt the same. But no her skincare sweetie, that was already a brand name roads skin. But I reckon they'll be like the cream cream. You got your lip, All you need is your lippy and then your cards already phone and especially when they put it make our driver's license electronics. Y, yeah I missed that. I often like barely even take my wallet out of my handbag now, so I watch my phone. Yeah yeah, it's usually only for ID.
Speaker 10: I'm like, oh, they're gonna ask me for ID at this place, aren't They'm going to just take that to.
Speaker 3: Buy a lot of ticket. They only you do it with payweight. No, yes, exactly, You've got to have the money. Yeah, so the results today is the winning ticket right there? Did anyone want to look after that? I don't. Actually, if you could, let me know, I'm not going to scan it live on here because I don't want to except my personal you won't go to hide it. I won't be a Homemaks sigement. I think it has been one. It hasn't, hasn't twenty three million? Okay, I'd take a second V while I wait for the big one. I won fifteen dollars. Yeah, it was so not one millions. Let me have a skin. Nah, you know we have it?
Speaker 10: Won?
Speaker 3: Are well? Today's so I might have want to. I counted seventy nine all rights today, Fletcher, but that's a new personal record. Off how many of those? Did you count? Seventy nine of those? Two? All right? Well, if you enjoy it today's podcast, give us a rate and review off
Speaker 1: Play z ms Fletchborn and Hailey