Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Gardens Studios and brought to you by Export Ultra the perfect beer Fray lunchtime knockoff on a Friday. This is the Agenda Podcast for as I said, Friday, the sixteenth of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport of Culture.
Speaker 1: And I want to remind people again that these podcasts are now on YouTube. So if you're struggling to find something to watch while you're eating your dinner or your lunch, chuck on YouTube, much to the shock and horror the rest of your family.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, get into double digits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we almost broke double digits the other day. Nine people watched it. If you can believe that.
Speaker 4: It's passed it onto the sponsors, perhaps if we were better looking and weren't sitting slashed on these couches potentially and.
Speaker 1: Hadn't eaten so many Rindo Pineapple lollies that were fidgeting the whole way through, then maybe one day we're hit ten the greatest.
Speaker 5: New Zealander of all time at rages on.
Speaker 1: I've just realized that we didn't touch on it yesterday, but it was the Mad Butcher versus Tammy from Briscoes.
Speaker 3: One that's massively one sided.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Briscoes lady and she got wasted. The Mad Butcher, I think he is beloved. I don't know that the Briscoes Lady is beloved.
Speaker 3: No, I think she's revered.
Speaker 4: And revered in the retail space, but beloved probably not. She should have come up against She's more than Magnus, Ben Rose, John and Adrian. You know, I think that would be a ding dong. Yeah, between John and Adrian and the Briscoes Lady. I think a retail head to head. But Mad Butcher he transcends the retail butcher store into you know, an actual personality warrior. Is he's knighted, Yes, you know he's I think he's he's more relatable than Tammy and like.
Speaker 1: You say, at a broader appeal. You know, he's done so much within the community of rugby. League of Butchering interviewed himwhaalagas. I didn't know how he got started as like the Mad Butcher. He was just a butcher and he used to ring into like newstalk z B or something and just go office chops about it might have him been radio sport office chops about whatever it was that they were talking about, and so then they saved him in their little system as the mad Butcher because he was just a butcher and then all of a sudden it sort of took off from there.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the media, media created him. Media created him.
Speaker 4: So we didn't touch on Bears smoked Martin Crow too. Oh yes, you there so, But you're saying today, Tomorrow and Sunday.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, sorry, Sunday is there's a real.
Speaker 3: Real ding Gong's coming out?
Speaker 1: Well today, this one breaks my heart. It's Simon Mannoring withs Stacy Jones today. I feel like within the country, Simon Mannering's not far behind Stacy Jones in terms of what he did for the club.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But I just think that Stacy Jones, like you said about the Mad Butcher, he just sort of transcends about He's still relevant. You know, we on the med Monday podcast on Funnily Enough Monday, Ben Hurley did Hurley's Heroes and it was Simon Mannering. Yeah, and you know, all of the stats and facts around him, three hundred and one games for the club. There's a mural of him out there. He's now a builder around the Nelson Marlborough area, I believe. But Stacy Jones, you know, so he sort of disappeared off into obscurity. But Stacy Jones still rolling durries in the coach's box, coach of the Kiwi's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just belove it isn't he.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go. I'm going to go. Simon Mannering, I.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, as the greatest New Zealander in that battle. Yeah, he's a great in New Zealander Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and in my mind, I mean I'm just picking sides. Yeah, but tomorrow's Tomorrow's going to be interesting. We haven't went to Saturday, so we won't be on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we need to address it now. And this is Joan Ohlomo versus Colin Meads, and actually quite topical because the documentary about Jonah's life has just been greenlit. Yeah, they got halfway through and then there was an issue around who had who owned the trademark for Jonah.
Speaker 5: I think that went through the court. So now they've picked it back up again.
Speaker 3: Well quite controversial, really, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Because Jonah Lomu gifted his entire IP to his lawyer. Yeah, not his wife, Yeah, but to his lawyer, and quite relatively forward thinking from Jonah because so it's not obviously his lawyer doesn't benefit from it any Any money made from the youth's IP goes to his sons through a trust right. So he's trusted his lawyer to say, use my IP, and anything you make from it goes to my sons.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Skipping out the wife. Yeah, she's just like, what the fuck, that's my husband. You can't tell me that you own, you know, but it was.
Speaker 4: It's his last will and testament and the and the law and the courts have said that's what he wanted.
Speaker 5: Sorry, it's just another one of those like everyone's right, but unfortunately the courts are going to say this way, Yeah, he was your husband, you should have say on whatever happens with But unfortunately there were pieces of paper that was signed and he knew something. Long short of that is we get to watch a Jonah docco and I think that because I think there's going to be a massive there'll be a generation of people who never got to see him. I only just got to see him, you know, in the sort of waning years of his career.
Speaker 1: I wasn't you know. I was four and ninety five, so I don't really remember it.
Speaker 4: I watched Jonah play school boy rugby as a fourth former Real Wesley College played our school in Hamilton and the top four. He was playing number eight against Saint Paul's Collegiate and obviously he was enormous and they were getting owned in the front row Wesley by our school who had a pretty formidable front row when I was a fourteen year old, and they just put him in the front row.
Speaker 3: And he just buckled, absolutely buckled our front row.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh God, this guy is an absolute freak show. And then I think he played for the All Blacks a year later. Everyone knew he was coming through the ranks. It was like a it was you're watching school with rugby and he was.
Speaker 1: Like, holy shit, what was that? It was like, my god, you haven't seen anything. Look, I love that that he's that much better than everyone else.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, where are we having problems off front row? You check them in front row? Right?
Speaker 1: Did the halfback ever see the ball out of a scrum when he was at number eight?
Speaker 3: No, not when he could.
Speaker 4: It was one of those players that he did the minimum, not the maximum, so if they were down, he would take it off the back of scrum. Every time they did beat us by about five points and he had to step up in the second half, and when he did, he was like I remember seeing about seven guys hanging off them once, just like holding on for dear life, trying to get him to the ground because I guess his entire life he would have just been so much better than everyone else.
Speaker 5: It's like, don't be a waker.
Speaker 3: I've seen him on a Swiss ball.
Speaker 4: He used to do squats on a Swiss ball with like one hundred kigs on his shoulders on a Swiss ball.
Speaker 5: That was how standing on top of him?
Speaker 4: Yes, Jesus, yeah, it was next level he because he hung out with kiddie armor quite a lot down in Wellington.
Speaker 3: Hence he's got his kidney.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, and you were with them, Yes, yeah, I did. So.
Speaker 3: I spent a little bit of not heap of time with Jonah.
Speaker 5: He was you laying claim to his ip and estate. I will go on here.
Speaker 4: Look, I've been in touch with his lawyer and we're going to recreate the time that I did a bodybuilding competition and Jonah trained with us.
Speaker 5: He did. That's because he did bodybuilding.
Speaker 4: He did what was that a bit well he I mean he couldn't compete to anyone.
Speaker 5: No one year.
Speaker 4: He wanted to get fit again, and I think him and Grant and I entered I think maybe I think it was a mister Wellington comp and he just wanted to trim down and get in shape, so he did a bit of bodybuilding. He was a unit man, but nicest guy, nicest guy on.
Speaker 1: Earth and a legend of the game. Totally like God bless pine Tree.
Speaker 5: Too much black and white footage. I don't think he's going to win this.
Speaker 3: I don't think he is either.
Speaker 5: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you anything about the way Pine Tree played rugby.
Speaker 4: He was a legend in his day because he was just he was big, uncompromising back in the day when there was a bit of there's any argy, barge on the field, you see Colin and knock the fuck out, Yeah, knock him out and then carry on. Farmer from Tika Witty, Soul to the Earth. My granddad he's from Tika Witty as well.
Speaker 3: I had a farm out there. Would always get.
Speaker 4: Confused for Colin Meads similar bills loved the massive ears. Yeah, played a bit of code, looked like kind of well foot a little bit.
Speaker 5: This is going to sound like a lie, but I once got confused for John Olmu.
Speaker 3: Kind of sounds kind of sounds like a lie.
Speaker 5: I was at a like a bar, were you in Wales, New Zealand? Boys out the front of the bar? Is that yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, he guys smaller in real life. It was still quick though, but yeah, so jonas Pine Tree tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That is really going to pass a few people off, I think. And then on Sunday it's the Motor Games. Enthusiasts are up McLaren versus John Britton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, McLaren's taken that out.
Speaker 1: I think it was much shorter odds when we have poor Muliady from the tab putting this together. So yeah, those are what you have to look forward to over the weekend and hopefully something for you to you know, debate discuss at the pub across the weekend. Hopefully we've sparked a few discussions. I know that the Trump photo that we posted last night head have you seen that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the portrait of him in in a cricketing vest, which is a very preppy, ye kind of Stanford.
Speaker 3: Princeton vibe, you know, like a pre Ivy League Ivy League.
Speaker 5: Some transporter in the comments is like, I actually think it's a tennis It's all right, it's actually probably a golf outfit.
Speaker 1: Who knows it looks like he's playing cricket. And so we posted up there, what do you think people would would? What would he bowl? I thought he'd bowl to chain it man. But the comments on this have just been tremendous. I wanted to read a couple of them to you. The first song came to it said he would bowl tremendous, tremendous stuff.
Speaker 5: No one's ever seen a spell of bowling this good, No one, no one? Yeah, he said so beautiful. Then it's really hard to define. You guys are gonna love it so much? Is that carpman? Or is it?
Speaker 1: I'm going to it, although I'm not sure the world is ready for it. It's something as friend Vladimir and the guy they used to call the rocket Man call a real bang it. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be huge, so very very huge. You guys are gonna love it. Another one. He's going to bowl the ball. It'll be a great ball, maybe one of the greatest. I don't know, you know what I mean. No one knows how to bowl like I do. I'm going to get that ball bowled.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get Mexico to pay for it and make cricket great again.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Getting Mexico to pay for it is good.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: One of the best Halloween costumes overhead was I was dressed up as a wall and my friend he was dressed up as a Mexican and he paid for my costume.
Speaker 5: And I stood in front of him for the whole night everywhere we went. I don't really get your costumes that he paid for it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 4: That's like when Matt he turned up to a dress up party. It was an American theme and he dressed up as Donald Trump. Oh yeah, but he over over the overdid the ten and he came as full Barack Obama blackface and everyone was like, bro, and he's like I'm Trump. He guys, you're not You're not giving you're not giving Trump vibes. You're giving very much the Obama vibe.
Speaker 5: And he's like.
Speaker 4: The fu fuck and he was trying to wash it off at the party. Didn't come off.
Speaker 3: It was a disaster.
Speaker 5: That's a hate crime. Yeah, are the photos of the Joe Jury's got the photos. Jo Jury has a mess of dossier on every run of the a sec of all the different photos. Yeah, I taken out of context.
Speaker 1: It could be very very He also made me dress up as a monkey one time for a for a photo shoot.
Speaker 3: I've seen you dressed up as a Nazi.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've made I've been made to dress I was made to dress up like a Nazi. But that that was another one of those ones where it's like, hey, can you come down and do this video shop?
Speaker 5: Was that for the last Olympics?
Speaker 4: I think it was for Champagne Rugby when we talked about who made you?
Speaker 3: Sorry something Nazi? And you just walked into the shot and we're like no, no, no, not that kind of Nazi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're like, can you come down? Are we going to do a shoot? I was told it was something to do with Steve Irwin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone was dressed as a thing, right, Joe was Tom was dressed to Steve Irwin And then they're like, yeah, here's your costume and like I already had a mustache, but then I had to put like a fake mustache on on top of it. I think it got sent back to whoever was sponsoring Champagne Rugby at that time, and they were like, absolutely not, did not post that, and so that's still out there. Yeah, I forgot this footage of me dressed as a Nazi there.
Speaker 4: You know when there's those big hacks that go on and they slowly leak all the documents over time. If somebody ever hacks into Joe Jury's computer and just slowly leaks the photo, that's going to be the end of quite a number of people.
Speaker 1: There's the photo of you in the dress from just last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, from the head of you, you'd swapped clothes with the head of legal from our company.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a great photo, No, it was a great She looked way better in my clothes, I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: Then, oh look, you looked okay in in the sequin sparkling dress. It was just the fact that you were maggot.
Speaker 5: That really got that really gave it away.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of sports actually happening this weekend. Let's take a break, regroup, compose ourselves, run through the roll adeics of hate crimes we've committed in the past, and then come back and talk about the actual sport that's happening this weekend. The All Blacks team has been named over the weekend sorry overnight, as it always does, is named immediately after we finished recording this podcast on a Thursday, so we haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: Not too many changes.
Speaker 3: I'm just not a massive surprise obviously.
Speaker 4: The big talking point is Sam Kine back into the team, coming off the bench, coming off the pitch.
Speaker 5: He hasn't played since something like February or March.
Speaker 3: Yeah, given twenty minutes though, that's all he needs.
Speaker 4: And I think we talked about it on Monday post the game. It was when they emptied the bench in that last fifteen that the Ford Pack just looked a little bit lost.
Speaker 3: The line out was in disarray. Yes, it was just lost shape a little bit.
Speaker 1: To be fair to Argentina, their line out was sick like they had obviously been like we're going to line out the fuck out of these guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but in the first half we had a Our lineup was foldless in the first half, you know, Darius Rucker, Sam Dowry was on fire, it was looking great and then it just felled to bits in the second half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's a pretty good moves. The old argis. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw a lot of stuff online saying, oh, this is the redemption arc of Sam Kine.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't feel that way.
Speaker 1: Like, do you think that people out there feel like he let us down in that Rugby World Cup final?
Speaker 5: No? I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: I think everyone was in a grance that because that whole year had been like the rules are fucking stupid, it's going to affect a massive impactful game, and that's exactly what happened. And I don't think anyone looked at that and went, jeez, Sam Kaine let us down.
Speaker 5: We're like Rugby needs to sort their rules out. They had nothing to do with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And prime example is that was in the weekend with Ethan Blackhead are getting hit butted oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then discussing whether he should be sent off.
Speaker 4: He got bumped off on his ass and they're like, look, I know you're embarrassed that you got he's out in your ears. So just going to maybe, yeah, just tack that embarrassment and sit on the naughty seat, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you don't get to play anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So I don't think. I've just seen a few stories saying Sam Kine's back, you know, has shot it redemption. I don't say it that way. I don't think really, to be honest, anyone does. I wonder if they were just looking for a bit of a headline there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Joanne's back, Yeah, Rico's back?
Speaker 5: What's that about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I thought Anton Leonart Brown is he starting?
Speaker 4: Aton leonnet Brown? Is Joanne's on the bench? No, Jordi Barrett Rico janis starting?
Speaker 5: Is he? I thought?
Speaker 4: Because I thought dough Bro played pretty well against Argentinian, so very solid. Maybe this is a chance for Rico, you know, maybe he's got a little shot up his us that he needs it. I don't know who knows what's going on and raise his head, But yeah, t J. Pittinada is starting again and the return of Caleb Kardashian yep, Jack Jeb with the butt back on Eden Park.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good call.
Speaker 1: I think it is to him and Will Jordan, So you know, I've swapped the wingers around entirely from where they were against England.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. I think Will Jordan has to be on the field. Yeah, you got to find a place for him. And then that does free your bench up to just carry a winger, which they have as mark Talia. Because you've got four full backs on the starting field. You got d Mac, You've got Jordi Barrett, You've got Will Jordan and you've got Body Barrett. Yeah, so you've got four of them.
Speaker 5: Watch bear.
Speaker 1: I think Jordi Barrett was in this morning. He was doing the car wash here it is, Yeah, him and Dalton Papa. You don't preach looking looking, fighting fit. How do you think this game goes?
Speaker 3: I think the All Blacks win. I think they bounced back.
Speaker 4: They remember last the last time the Argentinians beat the All Blacks, they got absolutely spanked a week later.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 4: But saying that they look pretty tidy. The Argentinians they kind of know how to counter the All Blacks and how to upset them, and that is basically through the forwards, through the line out, scrums, breakdown.
Speaker 3: They were pretty immense in that second half.
Speaker 4: But I mean I know this sounds like a classic All Blacks, but I think the All Blacks this time will have enough impetus and motivation to beat them.
Speaker 3: And I've gone.
Speaker 4: I was on Herdechi this morning and my hunch with them was a same game mold. Because you can do the same game multi three miss a league, you get your money back in bones bits. So I've gone All Blacks to win All Blacks between one to twelve, and due to the fact there's going to be a little bit of rain, under fifty one and a half points total.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't five bucks. I don't mind that the All Backs are the shortest favorites, like they're about a dollar seventeen, yeah, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me after watching them just lose by eight points.
Speaker 3: Yea and Argentina back to five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, which seems like a good bit of happiness insurance. I'm with you. I don't think they'll win, but I didn't think that'd win last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm unsure because they played so well, the Argentinians, and they look so composed, yeah, last week, and they looked they broke our line so many times they's scored fucking thirty eight points against.
Speaker 5: The All Blacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's unheard of by su Forka, Australia or England, let alone Argentina.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: And the whole time I was watching the game, I was sort of waiting for us to like, Oh, we're going to win it, Yeah, win it.
Speaker 5: And then we didn't. Yeah. Oh I was at the final whistle fuck yeah.
Speaker 4: And then when there was that, Yeah, we talked about the money when they ran the clockdown. It was classic rugby league behavior. But yeah, So that's seven o'clock on Saturday night. You're on the call with Matt Heath. Some people saying that since you haven't called a Warriors win, you may be the curse that lets your black.
Speaker 5: What are the rules? Now? Fuck it out? I thought it was me and Chris were a curse for the Warriors. Now it's me. Now it's not even the Warriors.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to fleck it.
Speaker 5: PARTE. Are the rules at that point?
Speaker 2: Rule?
Speaker 1: The biggest cus that we've managed to pry Matt Heath away from a corporate box at Eaton Park.
Speaker 4: Oh, he wasn't committed and apparently got last minute call up to a corporate box. But he's committed to us, he's committed to the commentary. You know, he's committed to the audience. Yeah, well, God bless him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure he'll bring it up a couple of times on the commentary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's myself and Heath Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Back on Skysport nine, thank god, back.
Speaker 1: On Skysport nine, you know, our cultural, spiritual home. But because god, we got a lot of backlash last time.
Speaker 3: Sky Sports Select.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that on the wrong channel.
Speaker 1: Oh, just just quickly on the game. The other changes were to Mighty Williams comes of Ethan Degrut who got injured. I don't recall it, but apparently it did happen. And then that's about it. Blackadder, papoli Ardie Savier. It's powerful.
Speaker 3: That is a powerful back three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think that the all Becks are going to win the dollars seventeen is ridiculous. I don't think that's I don't think I think that's a fear reflection. Also, it doesn't seem like it's a sellout.
Speaker 5: They're still still flogging tickets, flogging tickets at the moment. I love when you see an ad that's saying, hey, tickets are selling fast. It's like, why are you telling me.
Speaker 3: Then final release?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was like, okay, that's our selling so well, why do you need me to buy one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's a concern, isn't it. It is a massive concern.
Speaker 1: It's like when a real estate agent tells you you need to sign off right now, or if you go home, this might sell to someone else. This is what this dude just trying to do to me in this car park one day. I was like, then, why do you care if I buy it? What does it matter to you? Who buys it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like you.
Speaker 3: If you've got another buyer, they sell it to him.
Speaker 5: Why are you waiting for me? I'll just go you sell it to someone else. Why are you accosting me in this car pack? You fucking vampire? Anyway, shout out till the rest. Shout out to real estate agents worldwide. God, where would we be without you? But anyway, they.
Speaker 1: Are they siphoning money out of an otherwise closed system. Yes, when I sell you this guitar right here, do I need to pay anyone else?
Speaker 5: Know? Why is it that with houses? Anyway? I dugress steell tickets, but getting fast to.
Speaker 1: The All Blacks game Final release, Final release, Mate. You don't want to miss out, so make sure that you get down there are. The uf SEA is also on this weekend as well, Lane, Yeah, is this an all Kiwi fair It's basically yeah. So it's UFC three or five. It's over there in Perth. The Aussies are playing against South Africa the same night as well. Jesus, Yeah, it's a hell of a weekend over there in per.
Speaker 5: And it is.
Speaker 1: It's almost an all Kiwi cards. We've got Kay Carter France is fighting. Dan Hookers also fighting, and the main event of the evening will be Israel. This son, your fighting against dricks Pussy. This is the Battle of Africa, Yes, battle for the true African Champ. So yeah, if you don't know dricas is. The guy's a white South African gentleman and he's calling himself the only true African champ in the UFC because he's the.
Speaker 5: Only one who actually lives there, you know. So that has really Israel off.
Speaker 1: Quick recap on how we got here is he beat Alex Pereira in the rematch, knocked them out that the bow and arrow thing. Then he fought Sean Strickland. Yes, who is the most u is the most cage fighting looking dude of all time? Strickland? Strickland beat is he? Then do plus C beat Strickland? So dupless? He has the belt? Yes, that is he lost?
Speaker 5: I see.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So if Israelisaunya wins this weekend, which I think he will, he'll get the belt back. And Sean Strickland has apparently been promised the winner of this fight. So there's a lot of different sort of machinations going on.
Speaker 3: So and when is it Saturday?
Speaker 5: Sunday?
Speaker 3: Sunday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they do the Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Wherever the cards are around the world, they line them up so that they're at the prime time for America, right, which means that the mainline, the headline is usually on at like three or four in the afternoon on a Sunday here for us. But beer in mind that Perth is five hours behind us, so that's about eleven o'clock.
Speaker 5: In the morning in Perth.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dudes are there from like five six in the morning preloading, preloading on the purse. Cut to about nine ten am in Perth, and dudes are just punching on.
Speaker 4: That's an all night of situation, isn't it. Yeah, you going to the rugby the night before, going all night, just straight and maybe a couple of pineapple lollies and then straight into the UFC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Israe to SNY.
Speaker 1: I think it's fairly even odds on the two of them, as he would be favored by about fifteen cents or something.
Speaker 4: If as He drops this one, there is some concern about what he's gonna get up to for the rest of this Nah.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because he's still enough of a draw card and he's active enough, you know what I mean. It's not like Condor McGregor, where we haven't seen him fight in like three or four years. So no, I think if as He loses this one, then it'll be Dricers versus Strickland. And I still think we would want to see azz He fight whoever lost that one, you know, for another chance at the title. I think he's still a massive, massive draw card in the UFC, and it always prompts a talk of like when are we going to see another card in Auckland because we haven't had one in ages. Azrae Artison, you're basically told we're going to get fucked. He's never bringing a card back here again after they all got kicked out of their gym in lockdown. But I think it's starting to sound like it might be a bit closer. I think he's starting to feel the love from the New Zealand media a bit more so. Yeah, but that is on Sunday as also a whole host of Australians fighting in that card as well, so that'll be good watching on a Sunday.
Speaker 5: Also great watching UFC.
Speaker 1: I've sait it before or say it again, my favorite sport to watch when I'm hungover because it's so good to see someone having a worse day than I am.
Speaker 5: And that's exactly what you get to see.
Speaker 1: You have to see a man getting his eyebrows split open and his undies in front of millions of people around the world.
Speaker 5: You're at least I'm not him.
Speaker 4: When's the press conference, because that's my favorite. The press conference for UFC is hands down my favorite. When they line them up in their terraces and then they just start abusing each other even when they're not even fighting each other.
Speaker 5: I feel like that might be today.
Speaker 4: I love that, and they always give out us on your shit about whacking off to anime porn.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is wild and this is broadcast live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's talking about, man, you whack after anime and he's like, fuck it, dude, No, it's.
Speaker 5: Just like fucking wild.
Speaker 1: This is what It's taken so long for the mainstream media to pick up on UFC because they can't wrap their head or out of it. What the fuck Like if you've got a you know, a sports journalists in New Zealand, all they've ever reported on is rugby union, yeah, which is missionary the antithesis the players are very similar tot UFC fighters that don't let them talk about that kind of stuff. Then these guys couldn't give a shit because you got to think about the mind of a man who would fight another man in a cage and his under his four A job. Obviously he's going to be a bit nuts. Yeah, And so they say the wildest shit in the UFC has done a great job of been like, look, fuck it, this is who they are.
Speaker 3: Imagine that. I mean, we've talked about this at ruggy players.
Speaker 4: If say, if Kayleb Clark came out and just said kadat is his opposite number. I am going to snap you in half like a twig. You come at me, I am going to murder you. Yeah, and him come back and go you're slow, I will. I've stepped grandmothers than you, you useless piece of shit.
Speaker 5: Piece of shit. And they weren't even playing last week and then.
Speaker 3: The game you'd be like, get it to kayleb clak, get it to is. I want to see them go.
Speaker 5: Heare to hear. I've been saying this for the longest time.
Speaker 1: I think a big problem in New Zealand why it won't happen with Super Rugby is because those guys all have to play together for the Blacks.
Speaker 4: I know, but it's all surely a year older and international? Yeah international, fine, but surely you're older. I mean it's scrumming up business. You know, when you can abuse someone in the office, which I've done recently, and you move on.
Speaker 3: And you carry on.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you because I feel like Boden Barrett got away with moving from the Hurricanes to the Blue scot Free.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No one said anything about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah they should. There should have been loads of smack talks. Can't wait till you run it straight, suffer am He's going to fold you enjoying awkward?
Speaker 5: Did you get a bunch of Instagram followers for it? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How's how's the Graham going?
Speaker 5: Do you see Matt Heath in the corporate box?
Speaker 3: You know you're hanging out with Eth now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think the trash.
Speaker 1: I've said before they should have the press conferences for Super Rugby games and have the captains and coaches sitting up on the dass.
Speaker 5: Figure it all out.
Speaker 1: Huge rumors coming out of the Gulf world Apparently Live is going to be coming to New Zealand.
Speaker 5: The headlines came out this morning overnight.
Speaker 1: Roomors have been circulating that they're going to bring it to christ Church, possibly as early as next year.
Speaker 5: The year Old Understands is reporting allegedly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That they're looking at the possibility of bringing a high profile tournament to christ Chooch Golf Club, New Zealand's second oldest club. When they talk to the guy Mike Hadley, who's the general manager there, he said that Live officials did visit the course, but they haven't heard from them yet.
Speaker 3: And shock horror, New Zealand's oldest golfer is not happy.
Speaker 5: It's Jason hid play golf.
Speaker 3: Bob Charles has come out and said I don't want any part of it.
Speaker 4: I was like, Buddy mass respect, You're amazing golfer, was someone of the world's best left handers. I don't think you're the poster boy for live golf, so I think you're going to be fine. I think you're going to be okay. I don't think they're gonna you don't have to be part of it. I don't think you're going to be on the poster because the demograph that they're aiming for aren't going to go. Fuck Bob's going to be their fucking neck and pass on the fucking party hole. Yeah, but it's strange they got him to come on it. It's like when they used to get Colin Meads or Walter Headley to comment on the modern game of cricket or rugby and Colina say they don't even eat enough red meat.
Speaker 3: Walter Headley would say they're not doing you know, they're not in the nets long enough for they're not like they just get some cliche. That's the same with Bob. Bob's I don't want to be involved. So the headliners, Bob Charles, they someone anything to do with live.
Speaker 1: That's why they packed them before, before they even asked them, they had the article written.
Speaker 5: They're let usk Bob Charles and the records. He's going to tell us the funk off and then we'll make that the headline.
Speaker 3: He said they'd been far too disruptive for the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, ship. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: When I worked in the mainstream media, the whole Fozzy Razor thing was going on. I just call Laurie Mains every other day. But what do you make of all of this lorry bullshit?
Speaker 5: Wouldn't I have a beck in my day? Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: That is out of the park anyway, great idea, Yes, any government funding we've got that we're not spent on the America's Cup, throw it to christ Church and get live there.
Speaker 3: I'm there and heartbeat and you watch I reckon.
Speaker 4: They would get twenty thousand people there and a live event in christ Church, a great place to do it.
Speaker 3: Auckland's a bit apathetic on that shite.
Speaker 1: Christ Hurt should be perfect And while everyone's looking at the golf course, Russell Kurtz can go out there and just clear Akado Harbor out of all of the Hecter's dolphins.
Speaker 4: Dynamite Akado Harbor. Bring the sale GP back to christ.
Speaker 5: He Yeah, I don't know lives ready for the Canterbury level of maggot.
Speaker 3: That I don't know. Adelaide Adelaide is.
Speaker 4: Adelaide got voted the best live event in the world, and ausis and we're talking countrysies here to Adelaide.
Speaker 3: It's not Sydney.
Speaker 5: I think they do call it the christ Urch Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: It's flat, flat as anything, a little bit religious sometimes, a lot of cathedrals and churches around. I agree with you, there is a level there that I mean, having experienced a number of black clashes, you know. And it's the guys who wear the sunglasses when when the same and goes down, they put them across their forehead.
Speaker 5: That kind of vibe. Yeah, the concrete cowboys, and there are in Williams boots and belts.
Speaker 3: Yes, cashed out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's old money down there. Yeah, a lot of old money down there. A lot of insurance swindlers down there as some new money. But yeah, I think love and if it happens, we have to get down. I'm whoever's about charge of love.
Speaker 5: Let's just start.
Speaker 4: Pounding them with emails and DM saying I'm happy to be involved, heavy to be involved, Heavy to be involved.
Speaker 5: Involved. We'll do anything, literally anything. We have no obliged. We don't have any moral objections to what you do. We think it's fucking great.
Speaker 3: We'll take We'll take Bob Charles out of the play.
Speaker 5: You rebel.
Speaker 1: All on the Saudi back lift. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back with your splits.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought you by leader.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the hearty community that I know listened to this podcast quite religiously.
Speaker 5: We've got five I believe to get through today. First caller, heir yours please.
Speaker 7: Frosty Boy. Frosty Boy, his tasty treats will bring you joy. Your taste buds will start to tingle when you hear his happy jingle, often licked, never beatn Unfortunately I can't say the same thing.
Speaker 5: Fuck with Hamilton.
Speaker 4: There you go, see another Frosty Boy fan out there. Yeah, often never beaten.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I forgot that that was his, That that.
Speaker 5: Rings a bell?
Speaker 4: Yeah because I never beat him. Yeah, because you say when you hear his jingle. Year, So I think there was a rival that. I think Frosty Boy, if I'm going, if I'm thinking correctly, was a rival to mister Whippy, mister whip, Yeah, because he had his own little chune too often licked, never beaten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was the jingle. Yeah, yeah, that does ring a bell. That really sparks something in my mind there. So Frosty Boy was more your your deary based, but I think he I think they had a soft serve as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he hits the road to frosted work at the road. Yeah, yeah, least know it's it's somewhere in the memory back.
Speaker 5: I might have to do some research. Yeah right, another call here, yours please?
Speaker 6: Fuck?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Fair enough, sweet, thank you? Another call here yours please?
Speaker 6: Hey, fellas you cooy yourselves. Sports adjacent journalists got about the one of the best throws towards the end of the Olympics, the Serbian basketball team being persed as peg ship at the middle ceremony. They finished your game straight to the Serbian pub in the person for the next ten hours. Should Billy stand on the on the podium. That was great cheers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't see the middle ceremonies, so I can't really comment on that.
Speaker 1: I saw a bit of it, but I have seen Yoki is basically on the perss ever since he was about twenty four hours later. He was over back in Serbia at a horse race. One of his horses was racing, and he's just sitting down having a beer. He looks ridiculous when he's out in the wild because he is seven feet tall, yeah, and sloppy. And he was just sitting there and they obviously had like I don't know if it was like the owner's box or whatever. Some old auntie was just standing there with her phone out. Of course she had the like flip case flip case with all of her.
Speaker 5: Cards and ones.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she just had the phone filming him in the side of his fucking head. Then he sat down turned his head away, so then she took another step to the side.
Speaker 5: To keep filming. He was like, Kevin, my fucking break.
Speaker 1: He's been on the source for forty eight hours, he said to bloody play Lebron James, just go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what more can he do? I also saw him in Javo Jarmo Javo Javo, not Jarmo, Jarmo Cretney Zealander, Javo, the guy who sneaks into all of the sporting fixtures. He was in the of course, he was Olympic closing ceremony.
Speaker 3: You get onto the field.
Speaker 1: Not only did he get on the field, he was dressed as in England like a member of the Great Britain team. He walked up onto the stage while people were performing and they're yelling at him to get off the stage.
Speaker 3: So did he get up there when Phoenix are playing that kas Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I respect that.
Speaker 4: I respect that because it wasn't interrupting play of a game, live game. It was just being part of a party and taking the pass there because some of his antics got started to get a bit tedious for a while there.
Speaker 3: But like being involved in a team photo, funny, that's funny. That's funny.
Speaker 4: Interrupting a game, live game, not so much going into a closing ceremony and getting on stage and partying.
Speaker 3: With athletes, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Gameers, great game winners. One last caller here for a Friday yours please.
Speaker 4: Guys, Just first watching eastboundon Down for the twentieth time what would be New Zealand's Kinney Powers?
Speaker 6: Who would be New Zealand's Kinney Powers?
Speaker 3: Like who has gone from zero to zero and then think I can come back again? All right, that's a great question.
Speaker 5: I love Kenny Powers. Has he got like a Pitt Magpie in the background.
Speaker 3: Of Key or something? That's a good question and something he might have to revisit.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, I need to.
Speaker 3: I need to go into the memory bank to think about that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Maybe something we address on Monday, but I wanted to play that out in case it triggered anyone sitting at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for me.
Speaker 4: Would Jesse Rider fit the bill, Yeah, I guess, and tried to make a comeback and didn't quite work.
Speaker 1: I guess he had this sort of over the top personality. Yeah, it kind of looked a little bit like Kenny Hours. And he had the same sort of game, like is that a big motor hittingers? Yeah, and then lost it all and never try to get it back. I don't feel right.
Speaker 4: He had a big personality as well off field, different than Kenny Powers.
Speaker 5: You're never gonna have a key with it's like him.
Speaker 3: No, And I don't think Jesse writer owned a jetski called the was it the pante drop?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know. Well, hopefully that's triggered someone at home.
Speaker 1: You can send that and we'll knock this one on the head for today, we're going out to do your weightlifting things after Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know what, it's the worst possible timing because I'm off on holiday next week for a week.
Speaker 3: It was a to go skiing and I'm potentially going to go in a back brace.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it's your elbow that's going to go. You can do you know, you've got acls and your elbows and you're about to blow both of them.
Speaker 3: A right, sports book coming up?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, we've got the sports book coming up, So we're gonna have to knock the cig on the head and get into that. That'll be on the same feed otherwise. Whase tonight eight pm, Dying Chris Sky Sport nine tomorrow myself and Heath commentating the or Wicks, and we'll see you on Monday for another episode of the Gender podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to. The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on ihelf radio. You'll get your podcasts