Speaker 1: Life in the Export Beer Gardens Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra, the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the twenty fifth of June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting nonsense and clap trap, brought to you by Export of Culture.
Speaker 3: Huge podcast of a Tuesday coming up very shortly.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk to James McCarney about the first all black squad that was announced for twenty twenty four Razors first squad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously your contacts went, your sources didn't provide, so I'm presuming you killed the child.
Speaker 1: I started cutting off fingers and ears and I'll be mailing them to the respective sources.
Speaker 4: It was close.
Speaker 3: It was close, and.
Speaker 1: To be fair, not to spoil it, but a few of the players that I called were in are in, like the widest squad or can't take that. No, I know that's why I'm cutting off fingers, you're cutting off ears. But before we get into that, we missed this yesterday and I feel like a bit of an accountability here.
Speaker 3: Afghanistan beat Australia.
Speaker 4: How good was that? Wor the amount of shit I got from Ossie mates like sending Megan just saying, how shit are you? Kiwi's how is someone looking into the bookies? Those two games are the most fixed games I've ever seen, And I'm like, and I ignore them because I just don't want to give them bait. And then as soon as they lost yesterday, as text him and goes, you guys are so shit. You can't even beat teams. We can't beat Yeah, and they came back going fuck you. But they are potentially red hot favorites. As I said at the start of this tournament. Now they are relying on the kind of strangers, the kindness of strangers. They are relying on Bangladesh beating Afghanistan by just a little bit. Because if Afghanistan win against Bangladesh today at twelve thirty, they go through and knock out to the knockout to the Semis what it was Semis or Quarters.
Speaker 3: And knockout Australia. Yeah, this is great.
Speaker 4: And if Bangladesh absolutely hump Afghanistan, they go through. But if they only just beat them by a little bit, Australia go through. Okay, so there's still a chance. But so it can bang the Dish go through only if they hunt them Yeah, this is great.
Speaker 3: What is going on with Afghanistan? Why are they so good?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: The Tallyman. They fucking love T twenty. They have poled all their resources. Obviously, they've shut down all the education system. You know, women can't be seen in public, so you know, there's less expense. They've just got all of that savings they've chucked in to T twenty.
Speaker 3: I also think that fear is a great motivator.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I've said this before, but you know it's one thing to come back to Chris Luxon when you've lost the World Cup.
Speaker 3: Very different thing to face the talibanion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going to come back to a hero as welcome Russia can't. He's he's a made man. Yeah, absolute made man. No, absolute barnstam me from Afghanistan. And it's great they I mean they've obviously love cricket and if they care, if it can take off, and I mean I wouldn't want to two there.
Speaker 1: No, and you can't because we're going to play Afghanistan and India.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to play their first ever test against them in India. Yeah, on neutral territory. I mean, throw us a bone, let us play in abub or do bio something. At least they have a good time. Why India, Why India send us the guitar maybe yeah, yeah, kits that would be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be great.
Speaker 1: So the Afghani's played Bangladesh Yea at twelve thirty, all eyes on that one. I would just love for Australia to get knocked out same because it would just it's so infuriating at the moment because Ossie friends are just they've got so much ammo on us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we well, obviously the cricket game knocked out, but the news headlines a pylon fell over because some dudes forgot to do the nuts up on the bottom. They took them off, they took them off and it fell over. So cut power to like a significant amount a part of the country. And then our fairy just runs a ground lose his power and.
Speaker 1: Then we find out, oh, the government actually been a plan to get to buy new ones.
Speaker 4: It's like we've got the worst headlines. It's like, what, I's got a message going the hell's going on over there? Like as anyone sober that was I was as anyone sober, and I had to say I don't think.
Speaker 1: So yesterday afternoon I took it into my own hands to figure out if we could build a fucking bridge over the Cook straight. We can't, by the way, twenty two kilometers long. That's okay, that'll be a very long bridge. Yeah, but two hundred and twenty meters deep as the problem.
Speaker 3: And we can't go under that quite rough seas. No, there's a bridge. Oh, yes, we can go under that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A tunnel would work the only way.
Speaker 4: We can do it as a tunnel.
Speaker 1: As a tunnel, and it needs to pop up and blean them, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or preferably crush it all the way to crush all the way to cush. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a long way to be underground through, like quite like pron territory.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We had a travelator that'd be quite good. Yeah, like not people. Yeah, that's like a airport travelator.
Speaker 3: That is a long time.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I run, Some people stand and some people walk on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, are you a stander or a walker?
Speaker 4: I'm a walker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a walker.
Speaker 4: It's built for speed, it's not built for convenience.
Speaker 3: It's to get us there, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know so many people are just standing on it. It's like, oh, it does the walking voice. No, no, no, it's to get.
Speaker 3: You there faster. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only time I'll stand is if my missus does. Is every time she won't get on them, she'll just walk. She's like, fucking, I'm about to sit down, I'll just walk. And so I'll just stand on it, right next to it. How's you walking it?
Speaker 4: Do you do the turn backwards in moonwalk?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thatttle bit of really feeling like fucking with it. But yeah, a tunnel?
Speaker 1: Why not a tunnel, because then all of a sudden, Nelson becomes a suburb of Wellington.
Speaker 4: And listen, I look. Talk to Lee Hart. He helped build the Channel tunnel. He did, so, you know, get him on board as an advisor.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 4: And let's just maybe I can't believe we sent the Waterview Tunnel boring machine back to its home.
Speaker 3: We could have just kept it here and just dug holes everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all of the minds that are going to a business on the West coast a hole. Take us a hole underneath the bloody tunnel the Channel.
Speaker 4: It'd be great, it would be great, high speed train under there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could be from bloody Wellington. To christ Such and Harbor. It'll be cheap a few beers on the train.
Speaker 4: I'm going to throw it out there. Rather have a tunnel between the islands than the city rail link and Auckland.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I think everyone, even people in Auckland, like, no one's asked for this, No.
Speaker 4: One's asked for it.
Speaker 3: Where does it go from the waterfront.
Speaker 4: To It's a lean brown okay, a full lean brown Nati far to her room. It's a tribute to the Nati far to room into the tunnel is how they got it done, in a metaphorical kind of tribute to the tunnel of Bev and Schwang.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And after all of this discussion about bridges and tunnels and new boats and various train railway lines, what will do in the end is just put a roof on Eaton Park. And I actually heard someone complain about that for the first time the other day. I was like, no one has ever said I love it in park, but I watched they had a roof except until it's talking to clear. The other day she's like, first game of rugby she took her son to. Yeah, She's like, I got soaked. Yeah, needs a roof and there's a roof. I was like, well, what about a flying fox or what about across the tunnel across the strait?
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you know, maybe maybe not a flying.
Speaker 3: Fox, you know, like a cable car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cable car like you know in Brazil they love a cable car in Brazil South America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: But it gets a bit windy though, doesn't it through that straight very fucking windy. Yes, so you get a rock on when you're with a big gondola.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that would be tough.
Speaker 4: What about what about well of those vacuum tubes that you know you used to send mail. Yeah, so you get in like a little coffin and go.
Speaker 1: And shot through it one thousand miles an hour through to Pectant from wellings In.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that could be a go. I think it would be.
Speaker 1: The positives are so outweigh the negatives, like all of a sudden, the Marble Sounds are like a genuine place you can go to because at the moment, I haven't even been there, and I lived in South Island most.
Speaker 3: Of my life.
Speaker 4: It's hard to get to, hard to get to a lot of boats, a lot of boats, a lot of organizing too, because you've got to take awayr shit with.
Speaker 3: You, the old murder.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think if it was a tunnel or a bridge, all of a sudden, that's your that's added to your travel itinerary, if you're a foreigner, it.
Speaker 4: Would absolutely open up Tasman. Tasman tourism would boom. I probably hate it. They'd be like Waiki Island. They'd be like, you know, Wayaiki Island biggest, one of the biggest tourist destinations, wouldn't survive without tourists. They fucking hate tourist.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The locals hate them because they think they've found something that they wanted to keep away from everyone else, and.
Speaker 4: They got the little express lane they going to. I've had a couple of pops at the express lane in the weekends and the residents come up and flash their id.
Speaker 3: Oh this is to get onto the fear.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I was like, there wasn't even a que and the normal people and like the right and I was like, hey, what are you doing, because are you a resident? I was like no, no, but I I do pay rates. Auckland City Council, which subsidized your fairy and subsidized most of your facilities here where that's cool. She's like, yeah, well we get we miss all that fairy time of it nearly hit butter and spread and nose across your face.
Speaker 3: Anyway, sounds like a fun wead trip to it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, As I said, we're going to talk about the All Blacks team very shortly, but they've also unveiled their jersey.
Speaker 3: They've brought back the white collar.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's the twenty fifth anniversary of being peered up with Adidas twenty five years. Yeah, and then that they've been the most the winningest team. Dove won two World Cups. The Black Ferns have won five World Championships, so very successful. And twenty five years ago they had the white collar. Now for the first time ever, the Black Ferns and the All Blacks we have the same jersey, although it's actually not because the color is completely different. But yeah, the collar's back with his NND on the collar. You got a photo of it in front of it. I love the collar, you do.
Speaker 4: I like the collar because that's every rugby jersey I had known, and when I was growing up had a collar. Yeah, and they're going away from the collar. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I quite like.
Speaker 4: It looks quite formal. Have it done any funk anything funky with like the design inside the shirt or anything he kind of hidden penises or.
Speaker 3: No, it's just black. It's just like black on black on black. The silver fern is actually silver this time around.
Speaker 4: I think white.
Speaker 1: No, I think it had been white up until now, but I think it's actually silver. They've still got all Tread on the front of it, which could not tell you what the fuck All Trade do.
Speaker 3: I've seen one of a deary.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to It's a French isn't it a French company?
Speaker 3: What do they do?
Speaker 4: The guy's quite I think the guy is quite controversial. The guy that owns All Tread, I think he They copped a bit of a grief for it. It's not as controversial as Enios, which is basically big oil.
Speaker 1: Also, don't know what they do Big oil? All right, Okay, so they sell me their petrol?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like they they're there. They're the ones that OL Tread group. I think it is. Our tread is a glance. Here you go. You're ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you ready? It's gonna blow your mind. It's big oil as well, OL Trade as a world leader in the provision of it industrial services, generating high added value solutions, principally for oil and gas, energy, power generation, process, environment and construction sectors.
Speaker 1: This is why whenever people shit on live, I'm like, we've got fucking oil on our heads, literally on our chest.
Speaker 4: I think they do logistics for oil. Yeah, they don't actually deal on any of us. Does the dealing? Sure, So there you go. I mean that's where all the money is. I mean, they took away, they took away tobacco, so they've got to look somewhere.
Speaker 1: The Saudi Wealth Fund doesn't actually deal in slaves, but they do profit from it. So just whenever someone jumps on the high horse about where the money's coming from for sports, like, we're all you know, yeah, we're all dipping our toe in a little bit totally, you know. So who I think that before we get onto the actual team naming with Maconie, I think that they should.
Speaker 3: Televise the squad naming. And I'm sure it was.
Speaker 1: There was a live stream somewhere. There's a video of it. It should be because they announced.
Speaker 3: It like six o'clock. So why isn't it just on the news.
Speaker 1: Why isn't the first half hour the news that or been the chase and played at five point thirty.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know because it's so unceremonial.
Speaker 3: You just see it on your Instagram.
Speaker 4: Feed and they sucked the life out of it. Da poor Dame Patsy Ready and got up there, mispronouncing names, said that Jordi Barrett's from the Blues, Like I know that she's chairman of the board, but as a fan, I.
Speaker 3: Don't give a fuck who's on the board. Have Richie reading it, I don't give a fuck at that.
Speaker 4: You're chairman of the board. Good one, great, well done. You've got free tickets and flooring and the will go to the World Cups. I don't care. Make sure the games run well like which also you're not doing. Yeah, I mean fuck yeah, Like you're saying, get someone, I mean Richie probably not. I mean he's great, he's the goat. Yeah he's not show bars, is he? It's like why when I get Stephen A Smith over Yeah, okay, yeah, Stephen a co who just like just fuck, I don't know. And then like you're saying, make it a bit of show bars tell was it.
Speaker 1: Have all of the players from Super Rugby there, Yeah, and announce a player by player and someone's going to miss out.
Speaker 3: Cut to Hoskinstitutu in absolute tears.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have the families there, Yeah, have the families there, and you know, have have players who have just been called into the team for the first time. They're with their families celebrating someone else who's just had their absolute hopes and dreams crushed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, televised that too.
Speaker 4: Even there, they're like live streams of people's families, you know, when like when they do the NFL draft. Yeah, they've got a camera in the house and and the dude's got about a thousand people and his family. Yeah, and obviously they're all rooting for him because they're going to probably benefit from it, and they all go ape shit when he when he gets drafted, and the sick and pack or whatever and make it something for us to watch. They sucked the life out They sucked the ever living life out of it.
Speaker 3: They have some players there already, so they already knew that they were getting packed. Yeah, there was no surprise there, and it's like, I don't know, just make give us something that's entertainment.
Speaker 1: I think for the longest time people haven't been like New Zealand Rugby can't figure out what their role in society is. It's fucking entertainment. Entertainment when I get home from work, just entertainment. I don't care, like it's not it's not anything more than that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: You like to pretend you're different than you know, singers, dancers, whatever, you're not your reality TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so lean into that.
Speaker 4: And that's what America do so well. Yeah, and even Aussie to be honest.
Speaker 3: They understand the role of sport in society.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's Kardashians for dudes.
Speaker 4: It's like yeah, and it was like that when I went to the topor V eights and the supercars. All the Aussie supercar guys who run the supercars, we're talking about the fact that this is entertainment. Like, that's why we haven't changed the engines. That's why there's still a gear stick and it's not paddle shift because at the entertainment value of having a camera and people and you see the drivers with the two pedals and the gear stick, people are like, fuck, I can do that. I've got a gear stick in my car, and I've got three pedals as well. Yeah, it's all about showers and that's why they have the big bangers.
Speaker 3: That's why you watch that and not slock cars. And it looks like your car.
Speaker 4: You can go out and buy a Mustang that looks like that and pretend that you were fucking Mark Bengezbergen. Yeah, exactly, And that's what and that's what it's all about. Mark Vengersbergen, I got it. I got it mixed up with Mark scaife anyway, So I agree, I agree. I don't know, but I don't We've been saying that for the longest time. But I heard I didn't get to see it myself, but I heard even from my kids that the halftime entertainment at the Super Rugby Final was the next level.
Speaker 3: I've heard this too yet.
Speaker 4: The ground they had basically Fred again played and as Fred again Bill Ta Yeah, no, he didn't play live, but they just said Fred and it goes what does it leave me alone? A lot? And then when the base had all the fire weeks went off and then they had a laser show that laser projected maps the field, so there was projection mapping on the field that filled, the whole stadium was smoked.
Speaker 3: So the laser so getting his sleep on.
Speaker 4: I hope not now, because she would have just wanted to sleep to the sound of the rain on her roof and it was all over by nine o'clock. Yeah, yeah, you would have turned it off.
Speaker 1: Good, a bit better than the marching band that had had for the couple of weeks before that.
Speaker 4: Now they went all out, hopefully, hopefully that was a good example for everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 1: All right, we've tiptoed around it for far too long already. Let us take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to digest the Razor's first ever squad with James mcconey.
Speaker 3: All right, well, it.
Speaker 1: Is a great pleasure to welcome from the sky TV car Park, James mcconey. Mcconey, I presume you've seen the team list, a few shock inclusions, a few shock omissions. I'll let you start wherever you want. What did you like?
Speaker 3: What didn't you like about the announcement, the team list, all of it.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought it was pretty cool that Dame Patsy really pretty much nailed all the tough names. I mean, if she had g Lane's shock collar on. I think she might have come through unscathed. You know, so do you not hear it?
Speaker 3: But more?
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry I missed that one that was at the start. I was, yeah, I was taking a slash. But the thing is if you if you break it down, there were a few bolters Passilio TOSSI. I'm stoked with him, an absolute godzilla of a man who called him Godzilla on the a CC and he blocks out a lot of sun and he's so much fun. He in his interview is all about ozamjocks and you know, raise a called and all this kind of thing. And I was like, yeah, you're you're good. Well we'll have you in the All Blacks bringing some sunshine. And then of course you know there's we're happy at the Chiefs. We've got Wallace at Tz, We've got Cort, We've got plenty of others. Luke Jacobson American Dad got through the gauntlet. And of course the proctologists. Billy Procer is a new cat. That's pretty cool. You know, he's he's a bloody good scener, a traditional whole runner with silky skills, good distributors. That's all right, What did you guys think, well.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, Tossi. I love I love just having a man man monster. And I saw that if Tamaiti Williams Tossi and Somemmersoni taki Yaho, if he comes back from injury and they play in the front row together, that is over four hundred kg of human in the all black front row.
Speaker 5: Yeah. That's that's huge, isn't it. I mean the thing about having you can see the games going towards monsters. The latest to a Luny brother playing for France is humongous. So personally Tossi is is put in different player profiles, He's either one hundred and forty or one hundred and fifty four kg summer in that vicinity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is good.
Speaker 1: It's what makes rugby union rugby union is the fact that you can have these monsters out there and it's part of the part of spectacle. Where do you sit on the Satiti Satutu. I was a bit more of a Satutu guy than a Satiti guy. Even during the final I thought the Satootoo just brings a bit more. Obviously fourteen caps for the all decks already, but Satiti, you talk about a big body. He's one of those and a bit younger. Are you a Satiti or a Satutu?
Speaker 5: Well, if you break it down into even finer syllables, you know it's it's Teti versus Tutu. And clearly raise it likes his titty. You know, he loves the tetti and who can blame them? You know, like straight away he's he's pretty much come out of the blocks as a massive excitement machine. But we had Goldie on the Cragos World last night and he was I asked him that question because I was like Natalie and Brockley and nothing's right. I'm torn, you know, I honestly feel that I'm stoked for Satiti but gutted for Stutu. And Goldie said it was a defensive thing. It was. It was something on the on the other side of the ball, as those you know, the experts like to say, and I mean Glane, we've we're basically called all those chiefs monna games. And you have to say, apart from Citti being an incredible ball carrier, he hits hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely him. Between him and Summer Penny Fee, now I'm just flying off the line and smashing seas but I mean as Wallace as side Titty. Is he going to get much game time though, because you look at the other loose forwards and you'd say the starting number eight will be Ardie Savia. You'll have Summer Penny Female on the blind and probably Dalton Puppi Letti on the open. Then you've got Jacobson and Blackadder. Do you see that side Teddy coming in as a more as an apprentice role this kind of first series. Get him in the environment, get him in the camp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so. I mean, because the All Blacks are playing England, I think it's Razor has been even more conservative than if we were playing Whales, and then there probably would have been like twelve Boulters. Everyone gets an all black jersey, you know, Oprah Staff. But the thing is getting him in the camp, showing them what it's all about at that level. One thing I would say is Rais has stayed pretty close to what Fozzy selected, you know, like he hasn't deviated much at all. In fact, Fozzy had you know, Hevely in his in his squad and and Hevely has only made the wider training. I you saw the you know it's for I think Ruben Love, there's no love in this All Blacks team, and then there's Sam Darry and one other.
Speaker 4: Who's in that George George bow Wow isn't there.
Speaker 5: So you know, I think ras has played it safe. But in terms of who he plays, I mean he loves Ethan Black at it. I mean, I know he's Todd's son, but I feel like Raises kind of adopted him.
Speaker 1: Who plays fallback for the for this team when you look at it, is it body because they haven't named an out and out for work of.
Speaker 5: That exactly good pointment, I Stuart. I was looking at thinking, man, there's so much room there for a proper, proper fallback, you know, like the Bean Smith days, the Christian Cullen. We just go he's our fullback, but it's still Bowden and Boden's got all those backfield skills of you know, the catch to kick, the the whooped to do and all that sort of stuff. I think that he's probably just been You know, Razor is very much a stats man. Bi he's a stats man, and I reckon he likes the fact that he's got enough experience across the board because if you throw in TJ. Peranada. You throw in Bowden, Ardie and dog Roll, you know, your test caps across the board go up, And I think Raiser only feels comfortable with that many that much experience there. But personally, I was all about Shafi Huckey being the ultimate bolter and he played the house down for the Barbers and Maniah, you're a bloody Crusaders fan, how good this is going to be?
Speaker 3: What he would have been excellent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have been the boulder of Boulters, though, despite the season that he had, I think because that is just shipped the bed, so they probably wouldn't be rewarded for that. But you're right, Raises, he's got two eyes, but he's more or less a one. I can he's picked a lot of us, He's picked a lot of.
Speaker 3: His mates in there. But yeah, he would have been an absolute bol.
Speaker 4: Who's on your wings, James, Who's who's on your wings? Because he's four standout wingers and Jabbe the buck caleeb Clark, the Narwell Morning Nadawa severed piece and Princess Taliah. Who's who's starting on the left and right?
Speaker 5: I'm going to throw a can amongst the kenderdu here and go for me, I would start old Caleb Clarkia Caleb Clak, Claire Kardashian trying not to save jab of the butt. I mean, on the on the right, I'll go with the Nawel the Morning Nadaware. I mean, I know, Taliah is bloody good, slippery as hell and all that sort of stuff, but Nadawa just gives you proper linebreaks and tackles, beaten and ex factor. So I'll go with those two out there, because you know you've got body at the back being the old, steady, old geezer, so I think you can go even higher in the excitement machine factor. And that's where I go with Nadaway.
Speaker 3: Do you think if Will Jordan was fit, he'd be the starting fullback? Yes, yeah, yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 5: He would have played a full season, don't you Reckon?
Speaker 1: And yeah, well I don't, only because Raises the coach. So I think Raiser is just going to be like, yep, sweet, you're in I know what you. I know what you're about. Will Jordan, You're your silky as hell, You're the number one fall back in the country. So yeah, I think he would have been straighting there just because raises the coach. Yes, oh yeah, he's going to be in there, but again he just can't catch a Breakdan.
Speaker 5: Do you reckon that? I think that the Test team is going to be the one that runs out is going to resemble pretty much the World Cup final team, you know, just with a couple of key changes, right. No Aaron Smith, Nos Caine, no, Sam White.
Speaker 3: Lot no Richie mox straight goes in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there you go. And I just feel like it's that team with the with the four replacements, you know, four or five slaughters in. I can't see anything. So when it comes down, I guess we are replacing Will Jordan as well. So I think, Tala, we'll stay on as the incumbent. And then and then it's a big battle royale between seven Piece who raise the loves and older he loves a sevid piece and then and Caleb clak dash in.
Speaker 3: Well, Raisers and seven Pieces go hand in hand, really, don't they?
Speaker 6: They do.
Speaker 1: The presentation of it itself. Did you go along to the team naming.
Speaker 5: No, I was going to go down, but then I sort of canceled. The Flights had other stuff to do up here, Craiger as well. I had to host the show last night with mealmate Miles. And then yeah, I looked at it and I thought not many people were like they're almost putting people in seats, you know, seat pillars to make it look like it was a lot of media. Yeah, and then it just was. It was, I mean, very similar to past times. I thought it was nice for a razor to name dog role by himself, so he's a little bit of meat on the bone to make a big announcement, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just we're saying before, I'd love it to be like an NBA draft type thing where it's like appointment viewing. It comes on after the news and at seven o'clock texts over, we've been Jeremy Wells and Hillary Barry off, and then we're like, right, sit down and go through and name the team. And you have all of the players who are like on the bubble sitting in the room. You get to watch sheer elation as a guy reaches the pinnacle, you know, the thing he's dreamed about since he was a kid, or you get to watch someone's absolute like heartbreak Melhouse style on The Simpsons, and then all of a sudden, you've got you know, James mcconey with a microphone in his face. I just think that there'd be the human emotion of it all would be would be appointment watching, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like Mike cost constitution A word for Mike Costing. Please, we want to get your your immediate reaction of your grief.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, you can tell that it's just so hard to get all those players together. And it's quite interesting that they get They got Tossy there. They sort of got a few stories down there, didn't they. You know, you get a few people in there. Yeah, but I mean to do that that would just cost so much, Like we need silver ac and then you know, and the rest it will be huge, Jay, like it would be. We almost need something like a draft at some point. But I'm not sure how you do it, because even getting drafted to the Blues, it's like, well, all your money is pretty much gone. No one can afford to live in Auckland. So whereas it doesn't matter where you get drafted in America, you're a freaking millionaire. You can live in any city, and even probably in New York and still be able to handle it.
Speaker 1: That's such a good way you get drafted onto a rookie contract and Super Open, it's like good luck you now moving from like South Otago to Ponsonbill, you know, good luck and everyone would just be like Ireland as Highland, as Holland, as Holand is just.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking you'd be flirting with Pugsy or something like that as well.
Speaker 4: I just I just think it just needs a bit more show biz. I don't I can't stand that the chairman of the board, who knowing they do a good they do a job. The chair the board and the chairman, I don't care, and I don't care that she reads it out. It needs I suggested maybe that Stephen A. Smith should come over and do it, or get someone get turn it into something that's entertaining and don't suck the life out of it every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that's a good call. I think maybe that's the happy sort of like medium between the full jo's hands of a frecker NBA draft and remember NBA draft, there's only a few people in the room that get left, you know, sort of absolutely crushed. There's always tomorrow, right, hope. But the thing is with the all blacks, you can't really. I've done that before actually, and I I remember there was one famous one they did straight after the final game of the season and Dwayne Monkley was in the room when he was stubbed for the nineteen ninety three All Blacks, and that was an absolute shocker, you know it was. And so yeah, you've probably got that reaction back in the day when they went I was the last game of the season, the All Black coaches, here's get him up and now it's the team. But yet to your point in Julane totally, maybe they need tim Wan and Morrison just getting up there and just giving it a bit of star power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that if you get Yeah, anytime you can get someone from Star Wars up on the stage, he had to be full Star Wars KT. Yeah, there's a thousand of them walk onto the stage and only he takes his helmet off and you.
Speaker 5: Go, like, hoskinsitutu too much, weight's not no speedwork, move on.
Speaker 3: I think you'd have to and if he did, I would watch their as well.
Speaker 4: So we're going to do movie themed All Black announcements. We'll do a Titanic, We'll do a Titanic one.
Speaker 5: Oh exactly, are you the king of the world? VAILI Tossy, I know the ship's going down and standing at the front of it. Oh shirt, yeah, wear the iceberg? Why do I find you up the front?
Speaker 1: We assemble the squad like it's the fellowship to take the ring to Mount Doom from whence it came?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: And my axe fly you fools all all my axe? Oh yeah, that will be for the front rowers.
Speaker 3: Right, Hoskins, Tuto, you shall not pass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there'll be make right. He's a bit of a crowbarrol Metal. But anyway, I do love them.
Speaker 1: I think we've solved not only world rugby but also the naming of the All Blacks here on this podcast, Brainstorm.
Speaker 5: Check it up on the bloody board. Let's do this, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Thanks very much for your time from the sky TV car park. Mccaroniy enjoy the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Matte yours please brought you by Leader Home of the Las Top.
Speaker 1: Big shout out to James mcconey for coming on the podcast and lending some credibility rugby analysis time for yours.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: This is your chance if you've just joined the podcast to weigh in. Have your voice heard via the voicemail function. It is the microphone button bottom right hand corner of your iHeartRadio app, and you can send in your voicemails just like this person has. Call it yours please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interesting finish, change gears a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Change flavors, change flavors. I can almost smell it.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously, initially I thought that might have been a bower movement and not the first bower movement that would have been sent in the end of this podcast.
Speaker 3: But it went on for too long.
Speaker 1: First of all, yeah, Second of well, when it changed into that last year, it was a bit too like fall on. I feel like, I don't know, was that like a drill mixing something up, like mixing plaster and a bucket.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, it almost sounded to start like bubbling mud a little bit, but yeah, a little bit, and then finished off and second gear he had for home straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Yeah, as I said before, we have had bower movements, people passing gas bodily functions on the podcast before. We don't encourage it, but you know, oh god, I feel like we may have opened the floodgates here. But thank you very much for participating in the show. We've got another caller here, yours.
Speaker 7: Please bloody hell edding after that one?
Speaker 6: What a chief fans have to do to get a bloody championship?
Speaker 7: Men, A few boys put a headsgiver, and we think we need a diverse sport. You have a super rugby franchise, Now about a super sports franchise. Get the nitball, get the hockey, get whatever we can in there, just so we've got a few more cracks at the championship.
Speaker 6: Make the odds, but better in our fever.
Speaker 4: All right, I see what I was thinking here, that under the chiefs Moniker, we throw a nitball, hockey, cricket, cricket. I don't like I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 4: I don't mind it at all. But it's going to require a bit of sports washing. So it might be the Saudi Chiefs. I don't mind that, the sovereign wealth fun chiefs, and you could pretty much dominate any sport you want.
Speaker 3: The Cannibury night Roders. Yeah, I think I think this would work.
Speaker 1: It would simplify everything because for the longest time we've been saying it's all too fragmented, particularly in rugby. Yeah, it's too much rugby. It's like, boil everything down. Who we're in the northern mystics from? Who are the mainland tactics? Boil it all down? The Crusaders they are a netple team, they're a rugby team.
Speaker 4: How good would the Cozy club be if you had the Chiefs the Chiefs like leagues club like in Australia, sorry late, go to the tron and it's the home of the Chiefs Netball, Chiefs Hockey, Chiefs rugby and the Chiefs cricket. And in the facility is next level. It's got whatever you want in their cheap steaks, cheap beers, you like the meat raffles, and it has to have Pokey's, you know, lawn bowls, whatever. And you just go into the greatest sports leagues club in known to man.
Speaker 3: And it's in every town as well.
Speaker 4: So you're yeah, so you'll go to the Chiefs one. You can go to the i mean the Blues one. Yeah, it makes sense. Why are we fragmenting it?
Speaker 1: It makes far too much sense. And then also you can pull resources as well. So if you're a smaller sport like hockey, Yeah, you're now you get a share of the rugby process.
Speaker 4: You've got and you've got the nutritionists from like the Chiefs Rugby and the netball. You've got the physios, you've got the trainers, you've got the facilities. Yeah right, can you get hold of the crown Prince?
Speaker 1: We needs the sports Belle Simmons talks about it. If he was made sports king or sports for a week, what he would do?
Speaker 3: That's what we need in New Zealand. Well, why don't we just who's the sports minister? Chris Bishop? Isn't it an AC fan? Yeah, he's probably listening to.
Speaker 4: This, Yeah, but I think even he don't don't think he is enough money for this. We need, We need billions. We need a Middle Eastern crush to lean on. Yeah right, shak moo, shake Maolan on his plate. Though at the moment, I'm going over to see shakemo in a few months on the way back from Jymnyre. Can you pop over and see the House of sued over there in Saudi. I think that'd probably go a bit more disposable than.
Speaker 3: Yeah, than you it's just up the up.
Speaker 4: Oh even and if you're on a swing past Doha, as well. Yep, it'd be good.
Speaker 1: Or a tour of the Middle East, New Zealand's special sporting Inboy, you can be the fake Shak, the fake shake Shak.
Speaker 3: And I have been Warren al WAIMETI.
Speaker 4: Just it happens for the sake of sport in New Zealand, Mania. It is on your shoulder.
Speaker 1: As the fake Shake is doing a tour of the Middle East, just asking for money, just selling franchise. People love rugby in New Zealand. There's five million of us with the premier rugby competist around the world. If you're going to wash your money, bring it over here and I will be your special invoy. Yeah, shake, Ma, and I have been Warren ALAIMETI.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to do it. I think we'll get another caller here. You're spitts.
Speaker 6: Just me on the cotail of mister bar fest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Curtesy of acc I'm now going to the next three all bextes.
Speaker 6: Thanks very much lads.
Speaker 7: If you could see him through a video of my winnings, sorry to cry, the misses will be much appreciated.
Speaker 6: Hey callers or who wrote.
Speaker 4: Did you get a name from him?
Speaker 1: I did so this is off the back of the go messaged in yesterday and said he's bought tickets to b Fest as told as missus that he won with okay, yeah, we said, happy to help out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to before before we do this, I want to put a disclaimer out there. This this is a fake winter announcement for the purposes of you are getting away with going all three games.
Speaker 3: Pause the okay. Name is Zaiden.
Speaker 4: By the way, Zaiden.
Speaker 3: Okay, pause the podcast. Now, Zaiden, go and get your misses and then come back.
Speaker 1: And by the way, anyone else that's listening to this, this isn't legit.
Speaker 3: We're not actually giving.
Speaker 4: Tickets withk okay, should we do two or three seconds?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, lane, But there's now time to give away our man of Special prize. We've got a double pass to every single All Blacks game.
Speaker 4: Like the next two England ones and the one.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, we've got tickets to all of them to give away.
Speaker 3: And it's flights and accommodation. So wherever you are around the country, you've got.
Speaker 1: To go and one person wins the lot. That one person wins the lot, okay, yep. And so without any further ado the winner.
Speaker 4: Is Zayden Jayden.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Zaiden Jayden with Z Yeah, Jayden with a Z Zadan.
Speaker 3: Big Z dog the Z spot. Congratulations mate.
Speaker 4: You're going to every single one of the All Blacks games.
Speaker 3: Enjoy yourself. You're very very welcome. That's all on us.
Speaker 4: Slide into our geams and we'll get that sorted for you.
Speaker 3: All right, Hopefully.
Speaker 1: Dan, hopefully you've listened to this first and then you've scrubbed back.
Speaker 3: You'll get the missus play this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all we can what we can do is we can maybe get the video of that and send it to as well.
Speaker 3: We can send them to you as well.
Speaker 1: And if you're out there and you heard that and you think, jeez, I could do with something like that, let us know.
Speaker 3: Give us the details.
Speaker 1: Help give us your name, tell us how many all the details of the fake prize that you want to win.
Speaker 4: More details the better, Like if you want to win a golf weekend to white Aki Resort in Topore, sure, if you want to go to Tiaa Links up in Auckland, if you're in the country, let us know, want to get a Jack's point down in Queenstown.
Speaker 1: Let us know if you if you want to head over to Perth to watch is to sign your fight in a couple of months.
Speaker 4: Let us know.
Speaker 1: We'll we'll will doctor up a video, will doctor up a fake bit of content for you.
Speaker 3: This is to get out of jail, Freaker.
Speaker 4: This rolls into my idea of startying a fake cricket league just called the Phantom Premier League, which is basically a league of cricket where you don't actually play, but it's fake scores come out. You just go to the pub. We run a whole fake social sport yeah for you, so you can you can see what the result is at the bar and go fuck, I scored fifty. Sweet, I can tell them missus, I scored fifteen. But you just smash in past and when you get home, howd you guy scored fifty? Check it out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the Yeah, how'd your bowling? Hey?
Speaker 1: You know what, babe, you've been playing so well at cricket lately. I've decided to buy a box of beer. Houck sped on that thing? All right, All right, it's like saying on the head we will be coming to your live and direct from Wellington tomorrow, so join in for another half baked sports idea Other than that we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Then you've been listening to the ACC's and Gender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you get your podcast