Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus lush Night's podcast from News Talks.
Speaker 2: A'd be welcome to New Zealand. Marcus here till midnight tonight. I hope things are good where you are. I hope in the next three and a half hours, three hours fifty three. If they're not good, they will get better. Obviously, a big deal with the old supermarket of Victoria Park. That's where, well some of you will know where that is, near the old Victoria Park markets, just across the road from there. It's a weird kind of supermakers. You park downstairs, it's all above there. Oh yes, it's quite she she two people going from the gym buying skinless chicken and things. So that's well involved that far of you and I witness there have got any stories from that today. I don't know if the cars still stuck. You're probably more across that than I am. Feels real reminiscent of the fire at the convention set. It doesn't it one of those ones that goes on and on and on and maybe is still burning. You might have some information. You got to fight the all night. I imagine the food's all gone. Imagine that we quite the insurance claim to work out what food's there? Goodness, foreigner souper. I can't even think of the present for a foreigner supermarket, kin'd of I think the last time that happened, so you might have some information about that would be of interest to me. I will keep you updated with the news around the next three hours fifty three minutes. I know that Trump has left the G seven. There was some talk about heading around with a bunker buster. I don't know if that was just talk. The story seems to have become more complicated than that than that in the last couple of hours since I've been following that story. So if anything happens there, and I think we'll know if something happens there, I will let you know about it. See won't miss the news by sitting it settling in here for the next three hours and fifty two minutes. Gosh, I'm quick at working out the calculation, aren't I what I try to do today? Because it's fifty years since the movie Jaws, and I decide I wanted to watch it, having never seen it, couldn't work out where to go and see that. If someone could help me where to go and watch Jaws. Where do you find all the old movies? I kind of did a quick google on how to watch it, and then I was on the second hand shops. So there's some VHS's, but I've got a VHS player. So if anyone I've really keen this week to discuss Jaws, the book or the movie, but first of all, I've got to watch it. I intended to front up tonight having watched it. That didn't happen for me because I couldn't find the damn thing. So if anyone knows where I can watch Jaws. Apparently the book in the movie are quite different. The book is really good as well, but different from the movie. The book's got more subplots. But yes, fifty years I remember it vividly when it came out. The thing that was most terrifying about it was the poster and the music. Don't know if anyone watched that recently or know where they can watch it. If you've got information about that, do let me know. Eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine two year, fifty years from the I think the book came The movie came out for Rest soon after the book. It might have even been the same year. I think the whole story of the making of Jaws was some of you will know more about this than I do. That because the mechanical shark didn't function very well, they had to film in a different way, which made it even more terrifying because the threat and menace was implied rather than some mechanical thing. But you know what I love. I love the fact they never remade it. And that's a topic. They're just they're sitting there, isn't it the movies. You're very happy they haven't remade Well, let's put Jaws top of the list, although having never seen it, I'm always an expert on that, because what a terrible thing that would be. Could you have some agi gpt CGI shark coming at you wouldn't look good at all. So I'm very happy they haven't remade Jaws. You might want to comment on this also, very happy they haven't remade the Sound of Music. Very happy they haven't remade Star Wars. Well, we'll think of all the movies they could have remade, they just didn't do that. Thank you people for not doing that. Anyway, that's something you might want to mention too, So get in touch. You want to be a part of the show. If there's something else you want to mention talk about, get in touch. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty, get in touch here till twelve nine to nine to is the texts, by the way, just as a complete different I don't want to chuck too many topics that you're to start with, but it feels like it's going to be one of those nights he'd be read that be where that lugie that's going around one hundred day. Heck, you don't want that goodness anyway. I'll tell you more about that some other time. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty. This day in twenty eight a millionarire I the first woman to fly across the Atlantic. Pushy husband, they reckon Gary, It's Marcus. Good evening and welcome. Oh you mice good Gary good, Gary, very good, Gary.
Speaker 3: Bloody yell fifty years ago since I had to leave the theater because I pull my eyes out with parents were terrified. Not that old. Parents decided it was a great idea, even though we lived near the beach. Let's go see Jaws. Fantastic idea when I was ten years old. Great, So the part that got me it was all bit as scary, But the part that got me was when the boat started to he was feeding the I remember it distinctly. He was feeding the slush out going I don't have to feed this stuff out. I don't think the sharks and have turned out. Next minute it jumped out of the water at him and I just lost it, falling my eyes out. Parents took me out of the theater and fact then you had a custodian who looked after the theater, so they took me into their office and they had all the posters of doors as well, I know. And I settled down and I was all good. And then as a many of the custodian signed a poster and gave it to me.
Speaker 4: Mom and Dad put it up on the wall.
Speaker 3: And I didn't sleep for a week and I never went in the water for years.
Speaker 2: Did your parents go back and enjoy the rest of the film, Yes, it's a good story. When did you find when did when did you finally see it?
Speaker 5: The end of it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: When did bick age later? Bick age later?
Speaker 3: And then I watched the sequels as well?
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, one, two, and.
Speaker 3: Three, I think yes, But traumatized, never went in the sea for probably five years.
Speaker 6: Horrific.
Speaker 2: It's well, I never saw them, but there was a neighbor across the road and their father was quite a military type person. He I mean, never took his kids to the movie, just stayed open. Took us three kids, I think, almost a tougher them up and I thought, jeepest creepers. That was a tough move and as a rest by that. But I never saw it. I missed the boat, was scared. Never seen it in my life. Can't wait to see it. Can't work out where I can see it.
Speaker 3: On YouTube and just look out Jaws and then find the movie link for Jaws. I've watched the Waltons, all the ard stuff on YouTube. We just find it and watch it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Will Jaws be on YouTube?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They thanks on you man.
Speaker 3: Just you do a little bit of a search. I'm sure you'll find it.
Speaker 9: Haven't you giving me a poster?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. Because the poster was terrifying, The music was terrifying.
Speaker 3: It was all terrifying, exactly, exactly, just nuts. Because I'm sweet and just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, because because living in Bluff there were people always asking me if I want to go and go shark watching where they drop in their cage, and I'm thinking I couldn't think anything worse.
Speaker 3: You're in a cage, you'll be right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to go. Gary, not that interested. Thank you too for Tuesday. We've got two. Gary's got a doublehead of garys. Second Gary, Gary, but two it's Marcus. Welcome Marcus.
Speaker 11: Hey, you want to know we watched yours. Okay, you can stream it on Neon or Apple TV and JB Hi Fi sell the DVDs.
Speaker 2: Wow, would most people still have a DVD player? I don't even know if I would have one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, probably for most of your Blu ray players will play DVDs as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why I think i'm sort of in the in the Okay, we've got a JB High fight down. They'll try that and report back. The poster if you don't know, the poster is that great lettering of duwelers. And then you've got a woman swimming and she might be naked, she might be a skinny dipper, and then most of the poster is just a shark surface about to take her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's a pretty interesting story, is it. And the shark looks menacing April. It's Marcus, Welcome.
Speaker 12: Marcus Hello. I just had to talk to you about Jaws. When that came out, I was seventeen at the movies, and back then I think it was pretty well made, and it was damn scary and at the tender age of seventeen, like so many other people that are probably going to ring, and I was terrified to go in the ocean after that. Look, even I take we'd go on holidays to Tatne and then we beat j Nelson And if anyone knows what I back, it's.
Speaker 13: Like a milk on about you.
Speaker 2: It is too if the water.
Speaker 14: Came up past my chest, who would be terrified? There was going to be a sharkner And that's been one of my favorite I've never been too scared to watch a movie, but the impression it made on me was lifelong.
Speaker 2: Where did you, April? Where did you see it? Who did you see it with? Were you and Nelson?
Speaker 12: It would have been with my with my boyfriend at the time.
Speaker 15: I saw it in.
Speaker 14: The movie theater in donedan Wow and.
Speaker 2: Hang on did you Holiday? And Tahuna Nui from Dunedin. Yes, often every year that's a drive.
Speaker 14: We'd go up for a couple of weeks and stay out there.
Speaker 2: I want a mission. That'd be like a twelve hour drive, wouldn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Oh, we did it in a couple of a couple of days. We'd sometimes stop in christ Church on the way up. But we loved it up there. But even in that water, I was still terrified, and to this day I've never felt the same about swimming in the ocean. It really did have a lasting effect. And they did make a Jaws two and the George Jaws three, but they didn't measure up and they.
Speaker 2: Didn't but they didn't remake. They didn't remake the original either, which I think is the best thing with because I'm sure there's a temptation to bring the real crash hot animatronics, you know, CG CGI, and they've never done that because I think probably what was quite good about it was that the mechanical shark didn't really work, so it was used quite sparingly.
Speaker 14: He I think I remember reading that Steven Spielberg, who was quite young at the time when he made that movie, just to spared sometimes with the mechanical shaft didn't behave. It didn't behave, but we didn't know that when we were watching it, obviously. I think I also remember reading that because he was quite young and he had quite a lot of headstrong actors in the film. But that was a bit much from two the Old Sea Captain apparently the chiefmin that played that role actually was a bit of a drinker and it made the acting a little bit more real maybe at times. And he didn't get on with Richard Dracus apparently, so that caused a good attention.
Speaker 13: From what I've read over the years.
Speaker 14: But if I think, you've still got to pay per view if you want to see it on YouTube or something like that. But it was on Netflix for a long time and I used to watch it once a month, So not scared of the movie. Totally impressed with it for the way it was for the time, but honestly, yeah, just terrified me. And I used to love to swim in the ocean. I'd dive in the waves, so new I got beaches inndermedia and we used to spend a lot of time in them.
Speaker 2: But you know, of course, seems quite shocking. Well, thanks so much, Donna, quickly, Marcus welcome.
Speaker 16: Hi, it's Donna. I just thought i'll tell you Acus.
Speaker 17: If you've got sky towards.
Speaker 18: The is on Saturday night, is it really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I saw in the Buddhistment today on Bravo on the movies.
Speaker 2: On the movie, we've got sky. But on the movies.
Speaker 17: No, no, it's not on the movies.
Speaker 16: It's on Bravo.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, jupesscreepers. It's we can sort it out. I'll watch the kids. I'll get the kids to watch. Okay, Donna, thank you. Remind me that Dan, that's good for Matarika. Yeah, okay, yes, Sky Bravo. Oh that's brilliant, brilliant. Okay, I appreciate that. Our line's free. If you want to talk. We're talking Sharks and Jaws. Why not just a couple of things. Quickly they called the mechanical shark Bruce, after Steven Spielberg's lawyer. That's quite funny. And the production of Jaws was such a was such a troublesome experience, the crew nicknamed the movie Flaws rather than Jaws. Are like that. Twenty three past eight, Louis, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 15: Why.
Speaker 19: I think the reason why they haven't remade.
Speaker 15: The Jaws is because the guy who wrote the.
Speaker 19: Book was at Brenchley or Peter Brenchley, and also Stephen Spielberg. They both expressed enormous regret at the impact that the film had on the public section of sharks. And yeah, because the decimation of the shark population since that, the people saw them as you know, like you know, shark hunting and fishing and all of that. Yeah, So it's interesting what a film can have, the effects, the cultural effect that can have.
Speaker 2: So I was reading that last night, according to Benchley's widow, that he spent a lot of his later life, you know, really campaigning and putting money towards the preservation protection of sharks because he I mean, look, I don't know what it was like before that. It's hard to remember what it was like because I was only ten at the time. But it's hard to remember if people were terrified of sharks pre the movie.
Speaker 19: Pet's not to that extent though, because it really was an early horror movie, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and look just all of it, the music, everything, and just you know, you didn't even have to see it to be terrified by them.
Speaker 19: They're always playing it is that callers said they always replay it on television like three times a year on that. I know you probably don't watch free to air channels one, two, and three, but they're forever playing it.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's on channel it's on Bravo, which is free to wear on Sunday nights, so that's channel four or channel twelve. So I will be watching it if the kids. I don't know, if I've got trouble with our kids, right because our kids jump off the wharf at Bluff.
Speaker 19: I wouldn't show it to them, definitely, no.
Speaker 2: But the thing with them jumping off the wolf at Bluff, it's it's controversial because they're always having fights with the council. But now one of the news in shark Experts to see that's the same place the boats come in and they're fillitting fish and doing stuff like that. Sounds like a perfect shark spot. So oh no, okay, there's sea scouts as well, so don't want to fill them with Tara Marcus, how really old? Are you lush? Not seeing Jaws? Are you a sock? Get real?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm desperate to see it, but you know, I forgot to see it for a long time. And now I'm looking back and realizing it's fifty years and I'm appalled. I can't wait to see it. I think of all the conversations of used out because I couldn't say we're going to need a bigger boats, because that's what you say, isn't it when you're at sea? Jules Marcus, Good evening, Marcus.
Speaker 20: Did you ever work at Armadillo? Yes, in krop.
Speaker 2: Simon Street, f Street. Yeah, yeah, anyway, Eden, Wellington, Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 20: Anyway. My story about the Jaws is that I couldn't stand university, so I left it my first year. I went traveling and I was walking along Oxford Street with my handy Canon camera and I saw it crowd forming, and I thought I'd go along there. So I went along there and it was Andy Warhol and is then very young mus.
Speaker 2: And Oxford Street, Sydney or in London, London, yep, okay, yep.
Speaker 20: And I thought I was the official photographer, of course, you know, hiding behind my twenty year old fears. And they said, make way for the photographer, make way for the photographer.
Speaker 2: What year we talking.
Speaker 20: Seventy four or seventy five?
Speaker 2: Okay, you've got a young setting woice just hanging their jewels. We'll come back to the rest of the story because you're not going to be a short call, because this is a good material and we'll build it up. So just don't go anywhere jewels. Thanks Tony, Back to your jewels. So nineteen seventy four or seventy seven, what did you say, seventy.
Speaker 20: No, no, no, no, I'm fifty four. I was born in fifty fours seventy four or seventy five, okay, and had just come out and I had lucked into the crowd lining up to see Andy Warhol, and they thought I was an official photographer, so they let me in. I got all these great photos of Andy Warholf and I lined up also with the box that was his A to B again, I think it was A to b Andy Warhol is one of Andy Wowholf's books. And Andy Warhol said to me, oh, who do you want me to dedicate that to. Now remember at this time the whole world had banners about Jaws and everything, and London, Jaws was everywhere. And I said Jaws and he said, oh, that's funny. He thought I said Jaws, so he wrote me in autograph saying to Jaws, wow, it's still on my walls.
Speaker 2: And did you actually say jewels?
Speaker 20: I said jewels, but he was as Jaws. Wow, Now how's that? And I've still got it on my wall. And I just went to check it that I was still there, and I thought my wife replaced it with a Chinese painting. I found it.
Speaker 2: It's a poster of his book, is it.
Speaker 20: It's the you know, the inside cover. He wrote a book A to B. Yeah, and so you lined up to get him to sign it and he signed it on the on the inside cover, A to B to Jaws Andy wohol.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 20: And I've still got it and i've you know, I kept it very really carefully on the sid free paper and stuff. But fifty years ago you can hardly see it. Very funny story. I still have the photo.
Speaker 2: That faded away, has it?
Speaker 20: Oh you can still see it?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What a story. Thank you, Jiles. I appreciate that greatly. Sewanotte's Marcus, Well.
Speaker 21: Marcus, welcome. What a fantastic topic. I was only five years old when George came out, but I saw it later. But it's a movie where there's been several documentaries. It's had a number of unique stories. The first story is Steven Spielberg was Tho, the third string director. He'd made The American Caffeedi and he couldn't get a job with only twenty nine and a big studio wouldn't give a young man a big budget film. It's much much like Peter jackson sly story and try the directors pulled out, so we've got the movie by mistake or in his opinion, and he says he wouldn't have gone on to do Star Wars and The Terminator. He credits his entire career to Jaws being part of that film. Also, there was a series of mechanical issues. Several of these stunt actors who were working the Shark are nearly drowned. It was actually very digitual to get insurance underwriters. There were some near fatalities. And thirdly, the guy that played Quinte, who was a famous Thesman actor Broadway, was a drunk off the ship several times and nearly drowned. They had to rescue them. It was a movie set with everything from the director who was never meant to direct the film, to the to the to the to the mechanics. Also, what environments are worried about is after the film came out, there was a huge spike in shark hunting and there were several endangered species around the Caribbean they were trying to protect, and that any numbers were decimated because people thought it was open season nine sharks, but not realizing some of them are protected species.
Speaker 2: Wow. I think it says originally that Spielberg wanted to use a live shark, to use live sharks for that, But that's that's why I think the production or the Yeah, they delayed because I wanted to use live shots, but had decide they did to use mechanical ones. But they just would have to scratch.
Speaker 21: And they got inside and the drowned that they nearly had fatality. It was quite a it was quite a comedy of well I say comedy of eras, but it was. It was a remarkable and did die. But he credits his later career if he didn't didn't get Jaws, he didn't believe he worked done a terminator or when part of Star Wars, he says it started with Jaws for him.
Speaker 2: You put it as one of the great movies.
Speaker 21: I do think it was one of the great movies because I thought it made people think about it was a unique subject. There was nothing like in the past. It wasn't a horror movie, it wasn't a science fiction. It was something unique. I think it was authentic, and also said Royce Schneider was a very seasoned actor, and I think it was actually quite quite a pointed thing. It may be a little bit of fake to go in the water for a while, but as I recall, but it was. I think it was a good story and shark hunting was a legitimate thing back in the early twentieth century, whale hunting because they wanted to get rid of him. And there was a lot of problems that came after it. But the first film was the best. The second and third I think they lost the magic. But the first film was the original, and Spielberg credits as one of the movies. You're way made by a mistake, but it actually gave him great career afterwards.
Speaker 2: Just I don't want to affect check you sure, but I don't think he did American Graffiti. I think that was Lucas, wasn't it.
Speaker 21: Something?
Speaker 2: I think I think Joe was his first one that had kind of done, which is just a truck chasing a car. But nice to hear from you, Seaw, this is good stuff. Guys twenty four to nine, Karram, it's Marcus.
Speaker 5: Welcome Hi Marcus. Yeah, just Jaws.
Speaker 6: It reminded me.
Speaker 5: I know this is probably going off topic, but kind of related to the Jaws. There's a movie playing called The Dangerous Animals at the moment of the cinemas.
Speaker 2: Is it a guy feeding people to live sharks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's a shark movie. But it's really interesting that they've shown the animal the humans to be actually more dangerous than the sharks, because he's doing something more dangerous than the sharks. So it's kind of like, you know what I mean, it's kind of like opposite to the Jews.
Speaker 2: What's it like? Have you seen? Have you seen it?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I actually like this.
Speaker 2: So he's a psychopath and he's catching people and feeding them the sharks, is he.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's what he does. And it's kind of it's you know, the message is seending is that actually the humans can be more dangerous. And I thought that's very interesting because you know how everyone's kind of like skin of sharks and then here there's this human trying to Dutch people and then feed them to the sharks and you know, so, yeah, it was quite an interesting movie. Yeah, the focus is not a lot on the shark itself. It's not really scary in that term at all. So Jaws kind of one wins out. You know, like, I don't think there'll be a shark movie made as good as the Jaws again.
Speaker 2: You know, what are the special effects like on this one?
Speaker 5: They're okay, But it's just because normally what he does is he you know, the sharks kind of like you know, he's just paus a bit of blood or whatever into the water and comes around and circles around and he's feeding these people. And it's not really much to do with the shark itself. It's he likes capturing the you know people, He likesmera and then he likes to capture to see how they're being eaten.
Speaker 2: Does he feed them? Are they alive when he's feeding them to the sharks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he ties them to a ripe and then like kind of lowers them down into the water. And it's this whole movie is about you know, the whole rope going down, you know, the noise, it makes and the cinematography and all of that is pretty good, like you know, the movie Buff, but yeah, the shark itself, you don't really see much of it because you know, sometimes they're kind of half their bodies in the water and it's kind of eating away or something. So you know, you don't really see much of the shark.
Speaker 2: Is it a horror?
Speaker 5: It's a thriller? I mean, yeah, yeah, I think it's just a yeah, thriller. But yeah, I just found it quite interesting, you know. I mean I go to most movies that are playing, and I found this one to be kind of interesting, like a lot of other ones are just so boring.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: It's a different take, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. Like, so it's a naughty film? Is that I just filmed in Australia?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know you get the Gold Coast and everything, and it's quite well band Like sometimes you know, they can be too weird, but this is kind of it is weird, but you know it's kind of not too weird. They've kind of found a balance, I suppose, you know. So it kind of reminded me like I didn't even know what was the movie, you know, I just thought of dangerous animals and it's kind of I thought, okay, well it's a shark movie, will have started, and then you realize, actually, you know that people can be more dangerous than the sharks.
Speaker 23: You know.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you, Kuran, Thank you. Eighteen to nine. Jeff, it's Marcus. Good evening.
Speaker 5: Hi, Jeff, yeah believing.
Speaker 8: Oh sorry is this why call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's your call, Jeff, This is Marcus. Welcome about that.
Speaker 8: It's just going back to talking about Jaws. That took me right back. I was twenty four years of age in Australia and I'm not about nineteen seventy four, and when the first Jaws movie came out, Yeah, sure, who was pretty scary, but it was great.
Speaker 22: It was a great movie.
Speaker 8: I went and saw Jaws two and three, but not very impressed with it. It will never be the same as Jaws one.
Speaker 2: I think there was Jaws and three D two was there.
Speaker 8: It could have been. I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 15: But the.
Speaker 8: First Jaws was really scary. My girlfriend and I were sitting there and in one part, I think she jumped about ten feet out of her seat and I had to keep telling her it's onny a movie don't get too carried away. And anyway, it was a great movie. Steelbird did a great job of making that movie. But Jaws two and three it was okay, but not the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody ever thought that Matrix were going to be in the sequel, and at least the three at least they've never remade the original. That's what I think I'm happy about. Jeff, thank you. If we had three Jeffs, two Garries, one Jeff. Oh wait, one hundred and eighty ten. It's all about Jaws tonight, fifty years brilliant, so plenty of you would have been young kids when you're dragged along to set and terrified. Someone says, watched the Shallows, another good shark movie, Marcus. When Jaws came out in South Africa, the sence has made so many cuts, everyone called it gums. I used to practice swimming for competitions beyond the breakers. My dad used to sit in the hell and watch out the Jaws. I've never gone in the ocean above my knees ruin my lovers swimming in the ocean, Marcus. Fun fact. The shark on the Jaws poster as a Marco, not a great weight. We're talking Jaws. You've got anything to add, it's a good topic. Oh, eight hundred and eighty thirty nine two nine two to text, your experiences with it, your commentary about it. Everyone loves it, don't they seems to be. I think one puts in the great the greatest, Well, in the top ten, wouldn't they. I think it's top ten, isn't it? Just from its sheer impact into popular culture?
Speaker 13: Brilliant?
Speaker 2: Not quite sure the story of the music, but that was pretty legendary as well. Steve Marcus, good evening.
Speaker 13: Andy Marcus, How are you good?
Speaker 6: Things?
Speaker 13: Good? Jaws three was the three D one. Oh, it's the marketing, pretty sure, because that was one of the first ones I saw as a lad. And I'm pretty sure they played the first Jaws on TV prior to freak Us all that. Again, that was the first time I saw it.
Speaker 2: What we're talking like nineteen eighty eighty five or something, Yeah, yep, something, And then I guess there's plenty of the action of the shark jumping out towards you. It been three D.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was pretty good. Back in the day. That was when you had to wear or make your own glasses with the blue limbs and the red Lins as well.
Speaker 2: It was quite good, they market. Yeah, it was quite good. And then it came back about ten. Yeah, don't quite because even about ten years ago there was a huge thing about three D. It disappeared because Evatar was three D, wasn't it.
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: There was, and I think maybe even the Hobbit they did it their high refresher rate end three D or so.
Speaker 15: Maybe.
Speaker 2: So you saw the Jaws movies in reverse order? Did you start off with a terrible one then worked up for the epic one?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Probably a bit like Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I will. Star Wars is different all together, Steve, Thank you? When do you start off with number four?
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Pleased? I've left the Star Wars behind. I did a job for the kids. We watched them all a number of times, but you don't miss them. They never really grabbed me. Don't know why. I think in the in the end, the whole Star Wars universe became too complicated, too different characters and different things. Although I like the last one actually surprisingly enough, Rise of Skywalker thought that was good. I'll go see any when they come out of the cinema. I think these cinema things, it's where you've got to see them. Dave Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 21: Macus.
Speaker 22: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, well, thank you, thanks for asking. Yes, well, thank you.
Speaker 19: Hey.
Speaker 9: I really enjoyed showing that too.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I've just caught the tail. I'm just setting minute ago the leave the topic, George. It's just reminded me a great movie, really good book too. I can't remember the name of the ride, but he's written some other quite there's another great book he wrote which is all similar. It's not a shark, it's kind of like an octopus thing, and it's about this couple and it's that's another great route. It might be called The Beast or something like that. It's a really good book too. But I'm just just a I don't think because it's something that I saw again. I saw years ago, and then I saw it again. It came up with my my news feed on my on my Facebook, and it was about because you recall Richard Drefus.
Speaker 21: You know he was he was the guy on the boat.
Speaker 9: In the movie with Richard Dravia and I can't think of the actor's name, but he's a he's a famous famous British actor someone Sure. He was this He played the part of the Nailei old skipper.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So apparently those two had what you what you called bad chemistry going on from the get go, which really helped these scenes. And it was just to the sort of it was to the extent where they couldn't be together without people being around them unless you know, when they weren't playing their role. And I think a story is that Draaic has kind of swanned onto to the.
Speaker 5: Film set.
Speaker 9: And complained about having to be out on a boat and he shouldn't be there because he just had a couple of big films and he was a bit of a star, and he was containing about being in this stupid movie out on a boat in this very famous English I think it's someone Sure, someone on Oh took an instant dislike to him, so just really really gave him a hard time the entire.
Speaker 2: Robert Sure, Robert s, Yeah, I thought you thought Grayfuss was arrogant and sort of above the station. I think, but I reckon it made the movie what it was the fact that they were so so sort of you know, there was so much hatred.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, well gave it that great tension, you know, but like Lingwood Mac, Yeah, that's right. And and also and of course that that that movie. You know, there's there's scenes from movies like Lawrence of Arabia and it's you know, certain scenes from movies. And of course Robert Shaw's little story that he tells, you know, him and his mates by the bombing and the Second World War on that ship and then they all float around in the water and then the sharks came. That scene, is you know that that that's that's often quoted as one of the one of the greatest acting pieces in any movie. And it really is, you know, whether you're on the fence about the wholehighlight shark context or not that bad is it? Because I've gone back and watched that scene again and it's it's fantastic as acting and that really is just bang on steals the show with that scene.
Speaker 2: I think, as I say, Dave, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 16: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I started off tonight's show by saying, look, it's fifty years undetermined to right the wrongs. Where will I watch it? And anyway we've ended we've ended up just talking about it tonight anyway. So so I'd like to watch some of those documentaries about the making of it, because the whole thing, I mean, it seems absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 9: You know, there's so much going on because of course Spielberg. I think that was was that was that was.
Speaker 6: I think that was it was.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 2: It done duel in a couple of minor ones, but this was as big as he was only twenty nine as a young guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, I mean you watch it as well. I actually I watch sport of but yeah, yeah, well, well you'll enjoying it.
Speaker 21: That's one thing.
Speaker 9: Else one and another thing. I'd encourage you to because it's reminding me of I think I ard you one night say you don't we and have never worn gendles. I encourage you to do the driving the word right now.
Speaker 2: I might we Gendles and watch Jaws. Dave make a real Sunday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, tack too often the same night.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, You're good on your day. Thanks for calling me out on my stupidity. Fancy that there's been a bed of honor. How ridiculous six to nine never worn gendals. It's good what people remember. Oh yeah, lust, he doesn't mean Jennal's an idiot. That's what you want to get people going around about. I was seventeen when Jaws came out and I was traumatized about going in the water.
Speaker 24: For years.
Speaker 2: I was met on She used to go out from Carlo karabaita fish and the whole Eccre Gulf. I'veter seen the movie. They're seized off for a couple of summers, not because I was nervous, but also my boyfriend and his three brothers. The dad music is embedded my memory even now I go for a paddle. There are really scary moments and at tension throughout the movie. Beatty gives you a breather, relentless terror and unforgettable. He also did Peter Benchley, the author also did The Deep, which was quite a good film. But I saw that one that was all sort of about black magic and stuff. I think in the Caribbean. Pretty good film actually, The Deep. I don't know if Spielboo did that, but it was eventually written one Marcus im in Beard listening and every time they mentioned Sharp from Jaws, I visualized it and said, jumping out to get me Lowell now after to get up and have a coffee. Well, coffee is the last thing you need, Marcus. The most chilling part of Jaws is Quince's monologue about the sinking of the US is Indianapolis when they were torpedo in World War Two. Sharks talk about thrown and sailors over a few days as they waited for rescue. Quince's monologue terrifying, Marcus. If you watched Jaws backwards, it's actually beautiful stew about a shark that cruises the world oceanslating limbs to those in need. See Dan thought that was funny, Marcus. We just spoke, but you mentioned the movie duelas totally drawn to that movie on the edge of my seat, whilst my friend who sat beside me was bull witness. Never realized it was a Spielberg movie, Jewels, I'd like to see it in the theater. Actually, I reckockon. They should be putting on a fifty year anniversary for those that haven't seen it, including myself. Wasn't it biggest city? I'd organized something? I suppose I still could, but I think the days of radio station is organizing movie screenings is probably a thing of the past. Praise the Lord, get in touch of your to talkethel twelve. It's all about Jaws. Dirdent dernent, dird it eight hundred and eighty to nine nine two text just back to the New World Fire at Victoria Park. A text has texted through and this is the point I thought of. They said they're suspicious that the New World Fire could well have been started by their red Hot specials. Quite good. Ah, so there we go. That's that one sorted. Marcus. I was nine. My parents took the family to Sea Jaws at the King's Theatre in Wellington, probably January seventy six. Have not been back in the ocean since. You think it was a very It was a very quiet summer that summer in America. I think on the beaches, everything in the ocean wants to either live inside you or itch you. As a child growing up in the eighties near Martha's Vineyard, the movie definitely felt all too real, terrifying. We're talking Jaws. I want to know all about it from your point of viewer experience of seeing it. How terrified you were, were you were, the name of the theater, what you had at halftime, because of course, once upon a time we did have half time at movies. A very good thing it was too.
Speaker 9: Was it a movie?
Speaker 25: The other day?
Speaker 2: Tiana had a half time and I thought that was quite good. So, yes, it's all about Jaws tonight. So let's be hearing your take on this one. Eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine to nine two to text. Loving the calls, love a bit of movie nostalgia. Also fifty years ago. I don't know when it came out, and you see them, that's not important. Tonight's the night we talk about it, and I'll be watching it on TV on Sunday. Be a good wine down from Matariki. Can't wait with commercial breaks? Even better? You do so much during the breaks. Gosh, what can I do now? Get the house cleaning done? Come on, Jaws, Jaws, Jaws, anything you want to talk about as far because it seems like a lot of you've got on information from it too. You might be one of those PEO want to convince to commit to. Have never seen it? Like that pussy lush? Oh like you have you seen it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: You people love that, don't they? Six victims in the movie, including a dog, not that i'd know. After seeing Jaws at the Savory in christ Church, I wanted a bigger boat, Mike Chopper. Someone's texted to intermission and I use the wrong word, so I apologize, so I say interval. Kind of think why that's sen through that?
Speaker 7: Come on?
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: According to Fire and Emergency Senior Manager Senior Officer Mike Neville, the fire Victoria Park has been extinguished and five fighters will remain there of have an ideal with any hot spots and ensure the perimeter of the side of secure. Nine crews sell at the site. This will reduced to five. They expect to hand the building back to the property owners in the morning. It's too soon to have an information about the fire investigation. No word on the Red Hot Specials getting touched. Marcus till twelve, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty all about the Jaws, the movie I haven't seen, and unlike some of the movies, I haven't seen this one. I am going to see Scouts on her fifty years on. I don't quite know when they're what they're doing in America. For it that we're doing something, no doubt. I think Trump will be a big fan of Joe. It's June twentieth, so we're quite timely for this last year Quentin Tarantino called Steven Spielberg's film possibly the greatest movie ever made. He was quick to wear it isn't the best film in terms of script, cinematography, are acting, but he was convinced of overall quality as a movie remains unmatched.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 2: Just that, and of course they had Golden It didn't get the Oscar for Bex's picture. That got that was One Fly Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which I have seen. But America is full of kind of articles and stuff talk about the fifty years on, so come on, that's what we are talking about tonight, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine too known to detext YEP. So the novel came out in seventy four, of the movie within seventy five. Pretty hard movie to make too a lot of time they'd be in the water and Spielberg had had some success with Duel and the Sugarland Express, but the mechanical Shark was a disaster. Someone said, one of the same effects now as the special effects are ancient. Well, well, the probably thing is the good thing is there aren't that many special effects because the Shark didn't work. Good evening Jansips Marcus welcome.
Speaker 18: Oh hi, I'm just sitting here. I'm reading something interesting. Anyhow, Jaws is on at twelve fifteen on Monday during the twenty third, and that's in the TV week that's in there.
Speaker 2: Start okay, Now, I think that might be on Bravo, was it? Because it's on yes, Bravo. I think it's also on the Monday on the Sunday night, so that's a repeat. So that's good to know.
Speaker 18: I haven't seen it, but I've looked for Saturday. Was it Saturday night?
Speaker 2: Sunday?
Speaker 18: The lady? Oh Sunday? Okay?
Speaker 12: Is yes?
Speaker 2: She still get the TV guide, Jennie, Well, it comes on our newspaper. I see what you like in the press. Is it the Press?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 2: And christ Church for next week.
Speaker 18: The Sunday, the twenty second.
Speaker 2: And Monday, so it's all next week's TV.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 2: Are you planning to girl? Are you planning to watch it? Janus, Well, you seen it already?
Speaker 18: Oh whoa.
Speaker 10: I watched it.
Speaker 18: I was twenty two. It was a bit scary, but I need to rewatch it because I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Man, was that when you were twenty two? Was that fifty years ago?
Speaker 14: Here look him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well we conveen on Monday and discuss it. Jedous, thank you for that. Thirteen past nine. We're talking about Jaws eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and your memories of it or your experiences of seeing that, and how terrified one was. Keep the text coming through two people nine two nine two to text. Good response so far, Keep it going. The music score from John Williams absolutely amplified the suspense. Brilliant two notes and everyone knows the film Eliza. Thank you, Marcus. We used to stand up for God save the Queen before every movie. Cheers, fils goodness. Eighteen past nineteen and it's Marcus. Good evening and welcome.
Speaker 18: Oh hi Marcus.
Speaker 26: We live up the road actually not too far from the fire this afternoon and quite shocked in appalled because this is the second major fire that we've had. From our home on the second level, we could see the sky City Convention when it burned for three nights straight after a I think a welder left a guest torch ignited and the whole bitchermen on the or the waterproofing just went up in flames and it burned like a distant fire and we could see that from our window and it was scary. And today has been exactly the same. They have recently opened up the area and I've actually actually shop at the New World and quite shocked that this has happened. I know they were doing a redevelopment in the car park.
Speaker 22: I just don't know what it was.
Speaker 26: Yeah, so it has the news come out about what exactly started the fire or someone did.
Speaker 2: Say they thought it might be the red Hot specials. But I think they are being humorous. But you're probably not the mood for that.
Speaker 26: No, absolutely not, not when you're stret back it's shut down areas actually almost.
Speaker 2: Shannon, tell me a bit, a little bit about your anger. Who's it towards?
Speaker 15: I know it.
Speaker 26: I feel sadness over the loss of quite a building that was being rebuilt. I don't know what they were doing on the ground floor, but you know, it's already so congested through the inner city there, and then to have these awful fires and the liability the past just over small eras it frustrates.
Speaker 2: Me because another fire to take a long time to put out that three day one didn't it?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 26: Absolutely, And it's just frightening when you all. I can see up our window because we've got a second level, and all you can see is the spire in your in your window frame, and that's frightening.
Speaker 2: She had a nice to talk. Thank you. Twenty past nine, Maxing, it's Marcus. Good evening. Oh Maxine, that's Marcus good evening.
Speaker 10: Ah, hello, Marcus. I'm suffering you cold at the moment. I hope I'm quite audible.
Speaker 2: You are, ding, Oh, thank you.
Speaker 10: I do want to share my experience of.
Speaker 3: The Jewels movie.
Speaker 17: Yes, fantastic.
Speaker 10: And you haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm going to see it on Sunday and I'm going to become a Jewels boar. Yes, oh, very very good.
Speaker 5: I saw it.
Speaker 10: Goodness me, I must have been was when it first came out and my brother and I were shipped off on the bus to get out of our mother's here and we would take ourselves off to the Century Picture Theater Indonedan and here was this Jaws movie.
Speaker 16: It was brilliant.
Speaker 10: It had all thoughts in it, It had wonderful family dynamics, it had caring of the community. You were really going to enjoy it, and there were certain aspects of it where you basically.
Speaker 9: Screamed, and I agree.
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 10: Where were you?
Speaker 2: Where were you? Bust from?
Speaker 10: I was brought up indonnedan.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah, okay, but you will okay. So you caught the bus from home to the city to watch it? Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, to basically get out of mother's here.
Speaker 2: You know, it was fifty years ago today or in two days. Do you know how old you would have been?
Speaker 7: What have you been?
Speaker 2: Six or seven? Nine? Well, it's quite young to see it.
Speaker 10: Yes, it was, but a very very good movie. I sent the neighbor across the road from our spirit glamorous woman was reading the book because it was like a summer.
Speaker 5: The book to read, you know.
Speaker 17: And I remember viewing the.
Speaker 10: Cover of the book of Jaws coming up underneath.
Speaker 8: The south board.
Speaker 10: It was brilliant shot. And I know, I suppose we must go to the theater. Mum, we must go to the theater. Take money, go, get out of my hair.
Speaker 27: Wow, And off we went.
Speaker 10: To this movie, very very good movie. And the funny thing is, for months I wouldn't even slash the toilet. I was too frightened the chores would.
Speaker 27: Come up through the bottom.
Speaker 2: Goodness so fast. That was, you know, interesting, very interesting, Maxing, thank you for that. Twenty three past nine, we are talking Jaws and every iteration about that fifty years ago. It was on the June twenty it was released, and I think one hundred and fifty theaters across America. I imagine it would be somewhat later in New Zia. It might be three or four months later. Marcus. I watched Jaws the eighties of my parents' lounge was seven to eight. I still remember going to the toilet the ends and not being able to sit down, freaking out. The shark would cover the toilet, toying calls when I go. Even the old one foot pedling bull in the backyard was out of bounds. Had to rewatch years later to get over. It wasn't so scary then. So if New World Freeman's Bays are right off, where's the nearest New World and walking distance? Isn't there a new world in herne Bay? Marcus. I was listening to a podcast the other day on music and they are saying the two notes and the Jaws music are a semitone, a part which in music is known to create suspense, regardless of where on the instrument you play them, Marcus Taring infern I came out at the same time as Jaws. That was a scary fire movie. Well, I enjoyed Towering Inferno much Ley, I wasn't too scared for that anyway. Good evening, Jason, welcome. It's Marcus, sir.
Speaker 10: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 28: And the Jaws movie from a cinematography point of view, was quite roundbreaking, the way they did the course up shots, you know how the cand of zoom men. That's the first time that technique was ever used in mainstream cinema, and it's still like used a lot in my horror movies and stuff the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's quite groundbreaking, it seems.
Speaker 28: Yeah, yeah, just I just like, yeah, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that. Jason, Thank you. Twenty six past nine catches soon see your text through two people or your emails. Marcus at Newstalk zb dot co dot m Z. Marcus loved Jewels not on you him personally. As my birthday and Monday, I'm planning to see the new zombie movie twenty eight years later. Looks good. Oh the movie called twenty years I haven't heard of that. I think I said, zombie movie. I never heard of it. Oh yeah, okay, the third film in the twenty eight Days Later franchise. It's three decades since the Rage virus escaped of Biological Weapons laboratory 's a documentary. Denny boyle upcoming post apocalyptic horror film sounds cheery, doesn't it? Get in touch? Keep those texts coming through. Two People eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two to text. The Italian Fair is not quite the same, is it? Marcus? I was a teenage judger working on after school hol job the Octagon Theater indneven when Jaws came out. We had to stay in the theater in those days and weren't allowed to leave to the film as over. I was petrified when Jaws came out of the water and attacked, and I couldn't look at the screen. Well, I think of the ashes must be terrifying for them stuck there watching it time after time. Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty All your stories duels related. For those haven't watched it. We had watched on Sunday on Bravo with ads. Did like it intimitional. Every ten minutes I.
Speaker 29: Saw Jaws when I was sort of fairly young and at the Saint James Theater in Auckland. I think it was I was in the balcony. I just fell off when Jaws the guy's ladling chum off the back of the boat and the shark comes up right behind him. I got such a friday. It just about fell off the balcony.
Speaker 2: Were you too young? It was about right for you, Tony.
Speaker 29: I think most of it was that was not that scary, but there were just a few kind of explosive, unexpected moments that kind of made the whole film, and it was it was pretty impressive for such a low tech era. But then they spoiled it a bit later by showing us the sort of gas canister that drove the shark and kind of ruined the whole thing because it was great.
Speaker 2: And of course when you would have seen that, there were no sportler alerts because people wouldn't get on the day and say, oh, you got to watch out for this, fright. I mean, it was all you didn't know what was going to happen.
Speaker 29: No, exactly, no, if you hadn't hadn't spoken to anyone else who saw it. I think I saw it quite early on in it's run, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Because it was quite this seemed to be I don't even know how you did hype in those days, but it was quite hype, wasn't it. There was a there was a frenzy for I don't even know how you did that.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I think it was on the back of the because it was on the back of the book as well, which had come out. And of course, you know, there's no decent Hollywood film that doesn't have a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it was.
Speaker 29: It was a pretty It was a pretty big issue, a pretty big sort of thing. And I guess movies were hyped a little bit more in those days than they are now, with the posters and the launchers and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, good on, you tell you thank it to ten. My name is Marcus. Welcome eight hundred and eighty ten eighty. We are talking Jaws. When did you see it? Marcus? The presided VEGISEI two was the first part of the three scary ones for me. The town in Funty, then Jaws scarred me for life. Yes, I saw the Beside, then I saw the Infernover. Didn't go to Jaws. Don't know why just tapped out, didn't really appeal, didn't really appeal to me. No surprises there. But I'm gonna watch it on Sunday. I can't wait, and n should report back. It's gonna be hard for me seeing it fifty years later because I can't have all those conversations. I can't say, oh, I just saw this amazing movie. You might have heard of it, anything else you want to mention, good for your free cume through as far as special days, today it is apple strude all day. Out of all the desserts I've made, I think apple Strudle's probably one of them more enjoyable to make. In order to talk about the most delicious asert, but the one that's the most fun to make. We won't talk enough about what's fun to cook always quite like, what's that plum thing I made? Love making? That French name? Anyway that'll come to me? Enjoy baking? Yeah, twenty three away from ten, Alex, it's Marcus welcome?
Speaker 17: Is that Marcus?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Alex welcome?
Speaker 30: Yeah, thank you Marcus.
Speaker 17: On about nineteen seventy nine, my wife and I were doing a tour through I'm pretty sure it was Paramount and we were open, followed with many other people and we're quiet. They're going through all the studios, and one round we came to this corner and suddenly this massive shark came out. At this this massive shark came right. You've never heard so much screaming in your life. It was it just stopped short.
Speaker 16: Boy.
Speaker 17: It was so real that it was pretty scary.
Speaker 2: It was it was it the same one from the movie. Was Is that what it was?
Speaker 17: Well, I don't would that be Paramount was made that film Paramount?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know too much about the studio tours, but I guess it probably would have been.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Oh, you never heard so much screen of your life. I'm beating myself and I believe it or that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Alex, Chris, it's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 31: Oh yes, hi Marcus. It's Chriss speaking. For years and years and years after seeing Jaws, I could never ever swim in the sea. And my husband was a fisherman and we were living at the beach, but all I could even do was pedal in the waves. And now I've tune seventy one and I've just moved to a beach. I never even think about Jewels, I swim in the sea in summertime.
Speaker 10: And yeah, but no, it left.
Speaker 32: It left a long term.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you wonder why you're really, Chris. You wonder why you went to see it. You must have known you'd be prone to getting terrified of it.
Speaker 31: No, this was way back when it first came out.
Speaker 15: Nobody had seen it.
Speaker 2: Oh so you didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was?
Speaker 31: No, nowhere it.
Speaker 15: Was nowhere near.
Speaker 32: I knew that it was.
Speaker 10: It was about a shark.
Speaker 31: But you, like other people are saying, when it rows up out of the water, everybody in the theater just screamed.
Speaker 2: Did it fect your husband?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 31: He thought I was being stupid, He said, for heaven's sake, you know, it's only a movie. I said, I know, but I can't get there music out of my head. It isn't it funny? Now I've moved and I live right beside the sea. In fact, it's right outside my house, and I don't even think about it, not to.
Speaker 2: Hear from Christin and what that indicates. Marcus call it and upper Hut the last night currently two degrees hitting downwards. Jim mcgrandad Jim for one one who know that we've turned the heater on in the garage for the cat. Marcus. My girlfriend I saw Jaws as sixteen year old, didn't find it scary and all. It was so ott clock with orange seventy do it spooks me to this day, Chris. We're talking Jaws, though not the other films. If you want to come through and talk about that people, it's fifty years It was released on Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday, Mataliki is the day. That was the day it was released to the States, So we're on topic. We're three days ahead. Marcus. I went to stay at my elder brother and sister in lawa are so scared, went home and didn't slept. Check the bath Worice movie I've seen, probably fifty years ago was The Exaucist. We are talking Jaws eight time. And there's a new Shark movie too, about a guy foreading live victims to sharks. Sounds terrible, so a sick purse would go see that. I'm getting touch at nineteen to ten. If you want to be a part of it, here till midnight, oh eight hundred and eighty ten, eighty good evening. Kimmit's Marcus.
Speaker 22: Welcome, are you I'm just driving home?
Speaker 2: Yes, draws terrified me.
Speaker 24: I don't like going in the water over my knees, but I love going to the beach. But what actually does terrify me? As have you seen the David Edinburgh doco with.
Speaker 15: Get the Seals?
Speaker 22: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Are you just cut out there a bit? Tell me more?
Speaker 24: Oh, oh, the David Edinburgh with the killer whales and the beach and they come up onto the shore and grab the seal.
Speaker 15: So now I'm afraid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 15: Yes, that is.
Speaker 21: That year Jaws.
Speaker 24: I mean I loved I loved it being by the beach, but.
Speaker 19: I hate going in the water.
Speaker 2: Do you regret seeing the movie?
Speaker 24: No, because I've watched it probably a dull a dozen times since. Still, but my poor children, like you know, the adults now that's growing up, like my younger sister seem and to this day, you know, she's not allowed and over a waist.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm kind of amazed that the whole movie has just passed me by all those years that you know, the originally I didn't step. I've never come across and as some sort of all night session or anything. It kind of surprised that it's passed me by. But anyway, I'm going to remedy that.
Speaker 24: Yeah, but the look out for the dayvid es for a one that's here.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that they do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll keep an eye on that one. I thought you had about this. It's got a new Ocean documentary out too. It's amazing he's still alive, isn't it. Mind you are, Dick, Dick van dok must be just to be about one hundred. I felt slightly bad telling Shannon what caused the fires at New World. She didn't seem in the mood for laugh at all, did she. That was a miss That was a misstep. You do wonder about people that ring up and are furious about fires. I mean, where's your fury at that? These just happened, don't they. I kind of always thought that she was angry about how long the fires had gone on for. Oh well, I remember going to watch Jewels and Timid who I jumped at one scene and my contact lens fell out. After the movie, the boys wanted to go to the Caroline Bay Us girls were too scared. As far as Jaws goes, I wouldn't get my neighbors paraple in the dark Marcus. Back in the eighties when I was in primary school, it was quite scared. I think it was the simplicity of the times, the lek of technology and all that stuff, as the young ones having a repaced, fast paced life. I'm not talking you about Jewels that, Marcus. I grew up in an outer suburb of Melbourne. Jaws was the first movie I was allowed to see without my parents bracket strange choice. My friend and I were eleven years old and caught the train then tram. Mum made me learn the grid pattern of the CBD streets so i'd know when to get off the tram at Russell Street. The movie was terrifying, but we loved it. The entire audience reeled back in their seats and screamed when Jewels came out of the water. It didn't stop us swimming that summer. Carolyn, and of course too. The Aussies have very special relationship with sharks, don't they. I imagine there's probably more people get eaten by sharks Australian anywhere. It's pretty much I love hate thing, there isn't it. They love the sea but they don't love the sharks.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on iHeartRadio, This is Marcus, says Call eight.
Speaker 2: On Youth Talks' good evening, Sandy, this is Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 33: Thank you Marcus. Hope you're having a wonderful evening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good evening.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 33: Let me tell you a few things about my experience with not only Jaws, but also great white sharks. So, my husband is an avid Jaws fan and I probably have watched the movie over about fifty times. Wow, And there are certain parts of the movie that still makes me jump even though I've seen it so many times. However, with my husband being such an avid shark fan, we've done a number of shark dive trips around the Neptune Islands in South Australia and also Stewie Island down there BYU So we've had a lot of experience with great white sharks and been out with Rodney Fox, who was attacked by a great white shark back in the seventies. And there's a really good story about him on the internet if you ever want to read it. But he's got a big research vessel. He takes trips out to the Neptune Islands, the South and the North Neptune Islands. He's a bottom diving cage where you can jump in and get down to the bottom of the ocean out there, and you can actually watch these beautiful sharks swimming from the top of the surface of the ocean down to the bottom. And they are the most graceful looking animals in the water when you see them.
Speaker 2: Was it the Jaws movie that got your husband into sharks?
Speaker 33: Yes, he watched it when he was seven. Wow, had the little T shirt to wear and everything.
Speaker 2: Did you do the cage diving in Fobo Straits?
Speaker 6: That what you did?
Speaker 2: Yes, we went out with Mike and you saw.
Speaker 33: Them, Yes, the sharks, and straight there they are, or actually out towards Stewey Island. They are the most aggressive sharks I think that I've seen around the top cage. They are a little bit more boisterous, let's say, when they go to comeing towards the cage. That it's generally the smaller male sharks that, let's say, arc up a little bit more. But we were out one day with another dive company and we'd run out of throw baits and we threw out a yellow piece of boogie board right off the back of the boat, and I've got a fantastic photo of just after the shark had taken the booby board and left a beautiful circle in the middle of the water. But yeah, no, and they are amazing creatures. They're not really very interested in us as such, but yeah, they're an amazing creature. I could highly recommend anybody that has a passion for any form of sharks to get in touch with the Ruddy Fox Shark Expeditions out of Australia. It's well worth it.
Speaker 2: What's your next trip planned for.
Speaker 33: Are probably, I would say it back to Adelaide to go out again out there?
Speaker 2: Goodness m And that's just the Nptrid Islands that just south of Adelaide. Is that where they are?
Speaker 33: They're about forty five I think it's about forty five nautical biles of the coast of South Australia here.
Speaker 2: And what's the set up? What happen in that one? Okay?
Speaker 33: So you go out and you fly from Adelaide up to Port Lincoln where you join the boat the Princess the Princess too and you spend either four or five nights on the boat out at the Neptune islands and the shark diving.
Speaker 2: In a cage.
Speaker 10: In a cage.
Speaker 33: Definitely in a cage.
Speaker 2: And did you say the cage goes to the ocean floor? Did you say that?
Speaker 33: Yep, they have got the only ocean floor diving set up in this part of the world. I'm not sure whether or not they do it in South Africa anymore. You know that orcas kill great whites, right, yep. Yeah, so most of the big great white sharks in South Africa have been evacuated by orcas, so they have disappeared.
Speaker 2: I think they also did. They also did shark diving in Ekapolko, but someone got eaten I think, and they stopped that.
Speaker 32: Ah.
Speaker 33: Yeah, there's Guadaloupe.
Speaker 22: Yep.
Speaker 33: They do quite a lot of shark week filming over in Guadaloupe. See it, it's been cut right back.
Speaker 2: Well, there we go. Okay, standy, thank you, six away from ten. My name's Marcus Wilk. If you want a text, see you a lot. There we go, husband, well into sharks. Eh goodness, anyone called it Stewie Island, But there we go. Never Marcus, I'm on the boys trip the Caple going out to the Ranfredy Bank at father m to hunt for bluefin tuna. My mates are all snoring, so I'm listening to your show. We may see some sharks out there. Jaws movie is great. A trial for bikes on Auckland buses seriously on the trains year good, but buses. Why bloody dogs now bloody bikes. I think the whole point of that is because you can't bike over the Harbor Bridge, So it makes the whole cycling in the city kind of null and void because you can't get where you want to get because you can't go on the Harbor Bridge, which is crazy that they never worked out for that. Thanks Darren for that too. Yes, I was thinking about that. What a disgrace feeding a polysterring bugging board to a great white. They need their concession canceled. I didn't want to say anything, but I thought that sounded to me to be extraordinarily stupid. And what for for kicks really stupis? Oh, well, each to their own. I guess the fact that you were so free with the story she saw nothing wrong with doing it. But yeah, thanks Murray Terriot's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 23: Yeah, hi Marcus. Yeah, I think Stephen Stielder was a bit put out because he wasn't not expected to be nominated in the director's category, but he wasn't so and it was up against like you say, one two over the Cookoo's Nest, but burn a field two of the editor.
Speaker 2: She won.
Speaker 15: And he never employed her again, so he probably little bit out of spite. No, no, wow, she never worked again for him.
Speaker 5: Side.
Speaker 23: I don't know she but she won, yeah, for editing. But I got a real shock. Robert Shaw, who played quint he died only three years later. I've got a really real shock when he does, because it.
Speaker 6: Wasn't that old.
Speaker 23: And his son Ian does a play called The Shark Is Broken. He plays his father in this stage play, which is I think it's been one of Edinburgh Fringe Award and he plays his father and our actives play Roy Scheider and Richard Dreyfus parts. So Richard Dreyfus is the only one who's still living of the three.
Speaker 15: But it was a brilliant movie. It stands a test of time, you know.
Speaker 7: So could just.
Speaker 2: Explain to me Terry. For those of us are not familiar with I presume Richard Drayfus is the boat's captain and nal kind of a seaman, that's correct. But what's Quentin's role?
Speaker 23: Hooper? Yeah, Quinn he is he had the the boat that that that went out to catch the shark.
Speaker 2: So so what was Drafus's role then, Hooper, Yeah, explain what the role was.
Speaker 15: He was, you know, the oceanographer okay, and sharks yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a shark expert. Okay. The other one was the skipper. That makes sense, yep, yep.
Speaker 23: So but they all played their parts really well, and I think that was part of the success, you know. And Ray Shaded went made Jaws too, but the others stayed away from the sequels, you know, but I think, yeah, I thought, I mean, yeah, it was a scary movie, you know.
Speaker 15: So, and it was brilliant. The script was good.
Speaker 23: And the Benchley, the guy who wrote the book, he was had the easy played the guy on the stand who was played a reporter. He was dressed in a suit on the beach when he was So that was Peter Benchley. He just had a scene in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see Terry? Were you Truman? Did you see it? As a child?
Speaker 23: Fifteen years get to the beach and deaf and port Ye have a friend when in the water thought, oh my god, maybe this's just year this sort of put the TV GBS into it. But you know, it's it's pretty I mean, that's the power of movie making.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm looking for I mean looking more and more forward to seeing it. Terry, so thank you, and for those that don't know, it's not a film I've seen, but not through any reason apart from I didn't really want to see it as a child and haven't cover across as an adult, which is surprising. It's one of those movies you can always you know, you almost said that you've seen so many scenes of it. I can actually, you know, I'm looking forward to how it all gets strung together. Actually, we are celebrating our fiftieth Like Jaws nineteen seventy five, the boys are still storing in the bunk room. Jaws will be so dated and corny. Now, well, I think the script and the acting is pretty good. However, I'm of the opinion no Shark movie documentary should be shot on TV within three months before summer. It ruins my ocean swimming and snorkeling regards. Owen. Of course, you could choose not to watch it. My late mum always told us how it was Jaws that scared her away from the ocean. Only found out when the school trip to Kelly Toalmes ended in her having a panic attack as the parent help. Oh yeah, not good for the parent. Help. I get in touch if you want to talk. It's eighteen past ten. Welcome on him, as Marcus. It's the movie Jaws, fifty years ago this week in the States.
Speaker 30: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just going to tell you.
Speaker 34: Uh.
Speaker 2: Someone said all the smeg stickers it knew, well, possibly would have burned. That's right. That could affect the smell giveaway, couldn't it. We're trying to find out the Jaws screening date New Zealand. Someone will know. I'll tell you what doesn't know. That's chet GPT New Zealand. I said it was October seventh of the ninth. Oh that's twenty twenty, stupid. So I'm looking out when it was released. Well, there we go, the Gavette Brewsters having a fiftieth anniversary screening. Good on them, they're sensible. I will keep looking, Michelle. It's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 32: I guess I was almost ten.
Speaker 25: I think when Mum and dad took me to Jaws. I don't really remember the movie, to be honest. I know I liked it and I probably jumped when the shark came out of the water. But the notable thing was we went to the Saint James on Queen Street and Auckland, and I think it was the season. Immediately for us, a man dropped out of a heart attack.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's exciting, you know.
Speaker 25: I think we read about it or heard it on the news the next day, and I think, like everyone a little bit after that, I didn't really want to go through it at the beach, but the thing was to always make sure you were the last one out, so if there was a shock, someone else would get eaten first.
Speaker 2: I imagine it would call into question your parents judgment for taking a ten year old to the movie. But that was just then, was it.
Speaker 32: But yeah, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 10: We didn't.
Speaker 25: There was no great discussion of oh look you're too young, Togo or anything so and I wasn't disturbed by it, or I wasn't a sort of child who was, you know, like timid. I think if you were, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Were you like a movie going family, you'd often go to movies as a family. Yes, okay, yeah, Well.
Speaker 25: Years later as an adult, I remember going down to the Beats at Brown's Faith and I decided to go for a swim at night, and I'd parked my car on the boat ramp with the lights going out, and I can remember going out there thinking, Oh, this is just too freaky.
Speaker 35: It's just completely black.
Speaker 25: I can't see anything behind me, And I think I stayed in for all of about five minutes and then dumped out again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, having not seen the movie, I presume there was some shark attacks some people knowned swimming at night?
Speaker 11: Is that right?
Speaker 32: I only remember the daytime attacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah, nighttime is classic. How did you know someone had died in the screening before? Were there ambulances the stuff there or was it just everyone talking about that?
Speaker 22: No, we heard it on the news.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 25: So when we got there, and that was in the days when you know you'd have there was a two o'clock seasion, a five o'clock session, and at eight o'clock, and so I'm pretty sure it was the session immediately before us, and so I don't know if it had happened early in the movie, but there were no signs of ambulances or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's an interesting point. It was always the movies eleven two five, and what did they change that? Now all the show I enjoyed the regularity of that, go to a five o'clock catch at eight o'clock. Goodness, it's all become sor But ho hum, movies these days, has it? Although I know the kids have gone plenty of movies they haven't bothered going to because they's just kind of not been myice. What was the last one they went to? Lilo and Stitch was something before that. I can't remember. He might have been Minecraft, by the way. Watched the Robot one the other day on TV. Thought that was quite good with the robot on the island. The animation, well, that's quite fun. I sort of we'd read the book, and the book took a bit of getting into. Actually I knew there was something to it. But the movie is good. I think it might be called Iro, but I'm not entirely sure. Something like that. Just have watched on TV. Watched it with the kids the other day. Sort of animated movie, but quite different text. If you've got them, it's all about Jaws. Evening Ben this is Marcus.
Speaker 22: Welcome, hey, market towns and hangs and all right, good have you been? Everybody a laugh when you're talking about Jaws? I think I've got that last. I was about ten years old and we took the family Carl who was a dats in two sixty c from them the Tago back up to the Naden and and we went and went watch a show. It was called the Food Tube. It was the family Show. We got there and there was some bloody walk around the stage pop withs. I remember. The old man just grabbed me, so you can't be watching that, and he dragged me out, and we've done and picked a teather down the road and we walked in and it was a it was a movie called Jaws. I was ten years old.
Speaker 6: We walked straight in there.
Speaker 22: And yeah, I've never looked the water ever since. The same a Markers freak you out? Yeah did it?
Speaker 6: She did?
Speaker 22: And it was like that. I didn't move the Damien. I think it was about twelve. I did in when I watched it. Remember the triple sixth boy year whatever it was, Damiens.
Speaker 2: What was the stage show your parents took you too?
Speaker 22: It was it was called the boob tube.
Speaker 2: The boob tube.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it was some sort of I don't know. It was in't the Need, and it was like a production play. And right at the start we all sitting there and that because I had three sisters and one brother and mom and dad, We're all sitting there. And next it starts, and the light go down and it's part here and it's gone, and this lady just starts worn across the across the stage, pop goodness.
Speaker 6: And I remember thinking, oh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what was called the boom tube. You wonder what your parents were expecting.
Speaker 22: Well it was it was the paper. Apparently it is meant to be, like, I don't know, some sort of play, and yeah, it turned out to be a web bit risque.
Speaker 2: Have you eats your fear of the water been diluted over time?
Speaker 22: Well, no, I remember going across my brother LAWI used to live on Durgle Island and we went across from a little rowboat or a clinker as they call it. He used to go back and forth from school from from Durgal Island to the mainland, just right at French Pass on the north side of it. He knew where the where the coach through the general stick because he's will force and all sorts. We're going through the little clinker. One day he was rolling and I just sit on the back of it, and this Barco shark went past it. It was probably about three times as file as after the fin was. I was sitting down.
Speaker 6: The sin was buller than.
Speaker 22: Me, and I was just like, let's go, mate, let's go, Let's get the.
Speaker 5: Heck out of here.
Speaker 22: All right, this is not cool, but yeah, yeah, that's I remember that Marco looking it was one passed. He looked at me with his eye, he was looking up. He just swim past, and I was like, oh, this is not cool, but yeah, chores when you're young like that, that was just yeah, you're absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'll see what I can find about that, play Ben, But thank you. The boob chup. Never heard of it. Keep your calls coming through Angel Texts. Two people. Nine to nine too was the text number. I'm still trying to find an opening date for Jaws in New Zealand. It was the twentieth of June in the United States nineteen seventy five. Someone says, did he have any fear of boobs as well? Good question, which I thought of that Rod and Valerie Taylor, Australians, provide a lot of the underwater live shark footage following the movie. They dedicated their lives to conservations, to the backlash against sharks, especially the Great White. I'm getting bombarded with shark frogram adverts on TV. We're not expecting the Marcus. While my three months before summer band was tongue in cheek. Recent shark images do make one jumpy if something strikes one's flipper. My big buffhead dog Barney swam out behind us and gave us heart failure when he swam up into us from behind, and we inhaled so much. Would have laughing for us all because it was difficult to carry on. Born nineteen seventy seven, Third child movies of note, Jaws, Alien Nightmare on Albastick Cocone, Unbeatable. Unbeatable is not a movie. That's an adjective.
Speaker 29: You're calling a bend there. Marcus was talking about the movie. He said it was Dami and it was called The Omen, and that movie made me dead scared of rot wilder dogs.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that terrible, terrible, I've never seen terrible.
Speaker 29: I was well freaked out. By those things.
Speaker 2: I don't even know they existed before that, did they?
Speaker 24: Right?
Speaker 29: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. I don't think I've ever seen one in New Zealand. And I've heard of Doberman's but never rot whalers.
Speaker 2: And I've always known, well, maybe I thought they were what they would have been, Doberman's ros. Weren't they.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I've always been very wary of rot whalers ever since.
Speaker 2: What good reason? Okay, Tony, thank you for that. Twenty nine to eleven. Jennet's Marcus welcome, good evening, Oh Markaire, good Jenny, it's good. Well.
Speaker 36: We had an account with the real Jaws. Oh god, back in the nineties. We're oven America, and we went to Universal Studios and we jumped aboard the little train thing on wheels that takes around on the movie sets, and we came along as along to this little lake and they said, oh, this is a lake where Jaws was filmed, and maybe one was all looking out the window and next thing, this nonstrous shark come flying out of the water towards the vehicle. Everyone just about shat themselves and all screaming, and yeah, well.
Speaker 2: That sounds quite clear how that works, because you're not expecting it obviously.
Speaker 26: Well, no, and the and the.
Speaker 36: Lake was quite small, and they said that that was where the whole thing was filmed. And when when you saw the film and it saw on this you think it's in this big ocean, but it's actually only on a small lake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that. Yea, I think a lot. I don't know where the whole I think a lot of it was filmed out. I'll look into that, but Genny, thank you for that. Patrick, it's Marcus. Welcome, Mike.
Speaker 7: How are you mate?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 2: Patrick? God good, goody good, good good.
Speaker 7: You're wanting to know when Jaws was released in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and where would you look? I find that out?
Speaker 7: Well, I just remember it because I actually went and saw it, and it was it was during the Christmas school holidays of seventy five seventy six. I would have seen it very early seventy six, and I'm pretty sure it was a Saint James thea fre in Auckland. And we parked the car up the top of Queen Street and walked down my friends and their family and they were building the civic car park at the time, and we looked over the fence and looked into this great big hole that went way way down into the ground. So the things. So, yeah, that's what I remember it. Say, Yeah, January seventy five to seventy six. I would say that probably the first or second week of January. Where did you Where did you park up the top of Queen Street?
Speaker 2: Where did you drive? Where did you drive in? From Patrick, South Auckland. Yeah, I'm lucking the story. Big family out there.
Speaker 7: And years I say it was. It was quite scary for a fifteen year old kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there were a lot of kids a lot younger that went to it too, because the kids across the road must have been about seven and eight. I was surprised they went, but you know, I think their father took them to toughened them up. I thought it was a strange choice.
Speaker 7: It was actually good. I think it's been on telling a few times and I think if I remember OLLI scoring through the sky planner sort of thing, I think it's on in the next few day sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I think it's on Bravo on Sunday, Yeah, okay with the commercials and then the next day as well, so they must be they must be honoring the fact that it's a fifty year anniversary. So it seems that it's going to get quite a few outings. I don't know if they've done it. I don't think they've been a recut or a longer version, have they. There's never been a director's cut. It's always just been the movie, hasn't it correct?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Correct? Yeah, Yeah, I've seen them a couple of times. I say, seventy five, seventy six, but yeah, I think i've seen it on TV maybe once since.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't put you off the water?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 22: Yeah, did?
Speaker 7: I think it did initially? But yeah, Now I think as time goes on, you get a bit older, and yeah, like life goes on and you go in the water, I think, yeah, I just like.
Speaker 2: Your family mission. Driving into town and parking the topic. It seemed a long way away, but I guess that's the that's the reality in those days.
Speaker 10: One of them.
Speaker 5: Oh it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we just came along along the Southern Motorway and talk and found a found a parking spot where with a friend of mine and his parents and and I'm pretty sure it's the Saint James Theater. Yeah, it's during it's definitely during the Christmas school holidays. So ye're siventy five s and six there. I think it'd be pretty safe to assume.
Speaker 2: That you've got a good memory. Patrick.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. Mark, it's good to talk to you, my friend.
Speaker 2: I talked to you too. Twenty five to eleven, I would say, is it text Marcus? I would say the irrational fear that Gen X and boomers have with Jaws as similar to the irrational fair millennials have with logging trucks driving in front of them due to the final destination movie. Blair texts, my mother went into labor with me while she was watching Jaws in seventy six at the cinema. It's been my favorite movie since childhood. Watch it every couple of years. Cheers, Blair Marcus. I was a total water baby. There's a teen seeing Jaws completely ruined deep water swimming, just putting their head underwater and seeing the murky green depths fading to the distance. Finally started surfing at twenty six and spent twenty six years surfing three early stormy days alone way out the back of waves until well after sunset, even into moonlight. So I guess I got over it. Did you have any fear of boobs as well? That's funny that text day, It's funny. Wild Robot was the film I was talking about. But the text of the night, The text of the night was I was trying to find it people, He's gonna find the text of the night. Suspicion is that the New World Fire was started by the Red Hot Specials. It is twenty to eleven. Good evening, Celerets, Marcus. Welcome, Oh, good.
Speaker 35: Evening, Marcus. I'm just listening to about the Jaws movie. I was an oper girl to the family that booked in New York, and they had a summer house on Martha's Vineyard.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: And that's where they That's where it was filmed, wasn't it. That's where they filmed it.
Speaker 32: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 35: We had We used to go down to the beach and snorkel and swim because it was summer. And then one night we went off to the movie theater and we saw Jaws, and of course a lot of the locals were the extras, and they all stood up and everyone cheered, and God when I got home from there, and I don't think I ever at the beach again.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 35: Apparently it was too cold. I think there to actually have sharks.
Speaker 5: So but yeah, it was.
Speaker 35: It was filmed there. And you know down where we were, we were living, you could see the places, you know, down by the wharf. So yeah, Martha's Vineyard off the coast.
Speaker 2: Of Yes, because what was up and I'm remembering now, that's what said the article I started us talking about talking about reading about the career and the f year was filmed at Matha's Vineyard.
Speaker 35: Yeah, a lot of a lot of the locals were in the in the film, and of course they were all there at the theater and everyone was cheering. But yeah, it was pretty pretty gary go on the water after that.
Speaker 2: Nice place, Martha's Vineyard, Yeah, oh there was.
Speaker 35: There was in the seventies way back. And yeah, we lived we actually lived next door to the Kennedy And I don't know who. I don't even know who the Kennedys were until some yacht past our house and park next door. And yeah, there's quite a lot of I think wealthy people and movie stars.
Speaker 14: The Taylor Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: There must have been quite that market family you were working for.
Speaker 35: Oh yeah, he was a developer, a Jewish fan, Jewish family, and we went to this place on Martha's vineyard, but place with the tennis court, and they had the people come. They had to have private beaches there, and they had a couple of guys come and they took all the stones off the beach so we could just have stands. But I mean, I I had to work because I was working for them. And it was a it was a it was a lovely place. But I mean the houses were beautiful. But you know, I just remember Jaws and was filmed on Martha's vineyards.
Speaker 2: And just to get me right, just to correct, Martha's Vineyard is an island, isn't it.
Speaker 32: Yes, it's off.
Speaker 35: Oh Boston or the Cape Cape Cape Cod. There's another island called Nantucket. And it was the bigger island marthas inion. I think a lot of people from New York and they go there for the summer.
Speaker 2: It's not a huge also, it's about five kilometers across. It's not messive, is it?
Speaker 35: But no, no, And it's got like a real Cape Cod like.
Speaker 27: Town.
Speaker 35: And you know, all the boats go fishing and people say, you know, sail over there and stopped there for the summer.
Speaker 2: Did you fly there? Did you fly there or go by Faery.
Speaker 35: No, just buy Faery, okay, because we lived in New York, just in Rye, New York. Yeah, and then we must I don't know, we must have traveled up somewhere and then they went across with the car. If I can remember, yeah, it was a while back, but yeah, that's where Jaws I remember.
Speaker 2: I'll remember that it put you off swimming for life to that silla.
Speaker 35: Yeah, kind of. I like swimming pools now, but.
Speaker 10: No funny.
Speaker 35: I never I really enjoyed the swimming with the snort cling and you could see little fish, But that that night stopped stopped all swimming.
Speaker 3: In the sea.
Speaker 35: From then onwards, I think I spuck to the swimming pool.
Speaker 2: That's a talk, So I thanks so much. Seventeen to eleven A text door says, I went to the Jaws movie in nineteen seventy six on a first date and have been with that person for coming up to forty four years married this year. Nice story. Maryland says, I'm enjoying as the the Peel's Memories of Jewels. I remember the aerie music in the film. Whenever I heard it gave me the creeps. I think it still does give people the creeps for a famous bit of music and you got to hit two bars. You know what it is. Don't even know if there was much else on the soundtrack. Get in touch you want to talk here till midnight twelve for midnight Hello Kendle. Sorry, twelve to eleven, Kendle. It's Marcus. Good evening, Hello Marcus.
Speaker 27: I'd like to tell you about a tale, a true tale about forty years ago, approximately seventy star from Foodstuff Swellington and some of them were grossers, went to California. One of the places we went to was one of those film studios now around. They had a lake there and they towed a little trailer around for a bus and a trailer, and in there we went alongside this lake, and the lake had a pier going out and it looked like a single toilet at the end. All of a sudden it blew up, and everybody looked over there to see what was going to happen. But in the meantime it was to take our mind off yours, who came into the shore right where we were. But everybody was looking at this action from the toilet, and we got a hallow of fright and I took Yes, I took a photo of it, but it was in fright. I had the camera in my lap and I've still got it today here.
Speaker 2: So anyway, what were there other special effects on that tour? Was it the only one?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 27: I know, there was things going here, there and everywhere. You know that the House of wax and went into a railway station, for instance, and a train came and alongside the platform that we were in the suttle cart, and all of a sudden there was an earthquake and the concrete all broke up, water pouring out of it and all the rest of it. You know, very realistic.
Speaker 2: No good on food stuff taking seventy people. Were you a grosser?
Speaker 27: No, I was in charge of the property at the time.
Speaker 2: Well it was a good junket that way, Yeah too, right, it was what else did you do when you were there?
Speaker 5: We went and saw a lot of.
Speaker 27: The s supermarkets Disneyland. I thought, oh, well that would be for kids in that I'll tell you what. I've been back to America since, and in the first place we work with Disneyland because it was really something so well, there's many many things I saw.
Speaker 5: Are they you know the.
Speaker 27: For the world, the fish and so on. But anyway, that's their adventure out there.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite supermarket? These days? There are Kendall, I do the shopping and I go to a new world and stoke brilliant. It's good, is it?
Speaker 5: It's just being a.
Speaker 27: New ones being built at the at the present time?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Are your self checkout, no, no where.
Speaker 27: I'll get a bigger order than that, okay, and so I get the the ladies to do it.
Speaker 11: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from your Kendall. Thank you. Nine to eleven. What we are talking about is Jaws. Because it's fifty years ago on the twentieth, which is three days away that it was released in the United States. Many call it the greatest movie ever made, not for the greatest skip, not for the greatest acting, not but just the greatest general all around film, which is probably fair enough. Spielberg did it twenty eight apparently he was when he nailed that. That's pretty unbelievable. And I think a lot of the success of the movie is because the mechanical shark was such a dud that a lot of the frights hat to be implied rather than spelt. Out, which made the movie psychologically more terrifying. Of course I haven't seen it, which I love telling people. But it's on TV this weekend on Bravo on Sunday night, so they never know. But come Monday I might be all sharked up. Be fun to watch it with commercials. I flew from Nelson to christ to eight pms. We're born in the partner, so we want to get away hit a schedule to try and beat the fog that's due to cover Christ Churcher other time we land We took our five minutes early and no sign of fog when we landed fully three minutes that I've never been on a flight that actually left a hit a schedule. Great, Hi John, AT's Marcus? Good evening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's quite a famous scene in Jaws when Roy Scheider, the guy that plays the police chief.
Speaker 22: Is on the beach and.
Speaker 4: There is there's a big scare on the beach. It creates a whole lot of panic and Steven Spielberg, the director, he is quite a what's become quite a famous method of filming for that scene and what they did they put the camera on a like a little track that allowed them to pull the camera back from from Roy Scheider, but at the same time they zoom in, So it creates quite a cinematic effect that that enheartss the sort of panic that he's showing, you know, And it's a famous method of filming that has since been used quite a lot. And sometimes I see it in movies and I think, oh, that's the that's the Jaws technical or that beach.
Speaker 2: So just to clarify, you've got tracks with the carts on it, and you've got the camera fixed and they're pulling that back, but you've got a focused person that's actually focusing zooming it in as it's been pulled back.
Speaker 22: That's right.
Speaker 2: Well, I hadn't thought about that. That's quite clever, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're watching it this weekend for the first time, you might notice that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it must be quite cinematog cinematographically significant with some of the things they've done, because I guess what happens when you're young and you're kind of pressed for time, and you know, and the mechanical shark's not working, you pull out all the tricks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I think there were quite a few, because I think It's really a film that, although he didn't get the Academy Award, it certainly put him on the map as a very innovative director.
Speaker 2: I think we all know the Academy. I think we all know the academies are rigged though, aren't where someone gets because.
Speaker 5: It's the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think so too. But he went on to direct, of course, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, with Richard Jafuss starring in that as well, who was in Jaws. So yeah, that was another thing they collaborated on.
Speaker 6: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Have you seen it recently?
Speaker 4: I can't remember the last time I saw it, but I have seen it several times and it's it's in a movie I enjoy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: Actually the first ever three D movie that I saw was Jaws three three D. I think it was quite quite an early one that they did in three D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was very good. My first three D movie was Piranha and it wasn't much good.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, I only for that one too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, because ten to fifteen years ago, three D movies and all the rage again. But now they're cand be disappeared again, haven't they. There's no nothing anymore?
Speaker 4: Na you don't see it, you know, I remember because I've taken my kids to three D movies, can't remember what they were, but no, that would have been yeah, sort of probably over ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because even Avatar was three D and I don't know if the sequel was or not, but that seemed to be a big part of Avatar's success. That was at hollow me kind of feel that's right, Yeah, it was okay, John, Thanks for that. Now Dolly Zoom, I've been to look at that. I was talking to you, Get out of the water. That's the famous Dolly Zoom. Thank you for those texts getting touched. My name is Marcus, Welcome. We are talking duels. Your thoughts on that could be fifty years before another chance to talk about this on the radio, that's right, long time. You might be one of those people that have never seen it and how that felt like spending your whole life something that you've kind of couldn't even talk about because you had no experience of it. Well, just looking at that video of the Dolly Zoom, what's the colors look really vibrant on it, which I'm quite excited about. There's all those movies in the seventy. Look that looks sensational. The old Dolly Zoo may fire seems to be contained. That's the father. Oh, I can't remember afar in a supermarket like that before. By the way, there's this huge supermarket opening in Rolliston. The South Island's largest supermarket are Peck and Save forty million dollars. For those that don't know, Roliston is a city you can actually see growing, built to withstand anything. It's been built to continue operating through major seismic events. Four hundred andy five car parks because you need those because there have been no buses. The people used to have Peck and Save Rickerton and New World Bewcluther fourteenth of October twenty twenty five is where it opens.
Speaker 11: There we go.
Speaker 2: I wonder whether they'll have tellers. It'll just all be self scanning. Good evening, George, welcome.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you're mentioning the Trump parade. The birthday present parade.
Speaker 2: Yes is seventy ninth and the two fifty year of two and fifty years of the American military.
Speaker 34: I suppose it was I've recorded that, but I watched most of it, and there was a couple of things that amazed me.
Speaker 16: How slow it was, and they seemed to spread it out so that the fireworks would end up being taken in the dark because they couldn't have it going any faster.
Speaker 2: I think the service people would just round off, having just spent a day rehearsing. It just seemed to be over it.
Speaker 16: They I've watched the Russian parades. Those guys have impeccable timing. Everything's up close. It's mess on mess, you know. And you watch the Chinese one and.
Speaker 8: They have just.
Speaker 16: Impickable clothing, the timing, the lines are dead straight, no one's out of place, every movement is all together a mess. It's incredible. In the North Korean ones, you know, same again, huge background, huge number of people with flags, all waving and everybody cheering, everybody on. And he watched the Trump ones. The guys weren't even walking properly in step. Their expressions on their faces was why do I have to do this? Didn't even in straight lines.
Speaker 2: Did you see the drone guy.
Speaker 16: Oh, he just sort of carried it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unbelievable the.
Speaker 16: Point, I don't know. And it looked like a drone out of the local toy shop. Yes, yes, And Trump many times his ies grouped doing a Biden. You sort of wondered if he'd fallen asleep.
Speaker 2: Well, I think most of the time he's realizing, Gee, why did I ask for this? This is just ridiculous?
Speaker 16: No, why did he demand it? Because he demanded on his first time and they refused, so he didn't get it.
Speaker 2: He went to Paris with mccrawn and saw one that he was quite impressed with because the French you're good at that, and wanted one, and of course too. It just made the US military look incredibly underwhelming and not laughing and not fight fit, because I reckon most of them can't serve anyway because they won't pass the health standards because their physical condition is so poor. And I think that was a fairly quick representation of it.
Speaker 16: And where are the missiles? Where are the decent bits of armory instead of tank on tank on tank?
Speaker 2: Were there any fly people? Were there any flyovers?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 16: There were. You didn't see much of them, though, But the guys in the tanks were all waving and cheering everything as if they'd been told to do that, you know. But the guys marching one or two would turn to Trump as if they wanted a salute, but the rest of the guys know, in the middle of the crowd, you know, in the Chinese they all turned to the president as they go past, or premiere or is he what his name is? The Russian ones that will turned to putin, you know, their heads turned to the right and snap.
Speaker 2: And the same with the where did you get hold of it?
Speaker 16: I watched the whole thing on teev It was interesting. Fox Fox had it on, but they kept poking advertisements in the middle of it, which I thought was really amazing. And then they replayed it later in the night full with no advertisements, so somebody must have complained. And then if you went to Sky Australia, they had it on there and the BBC had it. But the BBC had their own commentary running to a certain extent as well, and the girl and the Americans when they had the parade running, instead of watching the whole parade when the advertisements were on, well they seemed to cut to this chat stuff and it was just you know, yak, yak, yak, about how great they were in everything between these two guys or this guy on this bill commentary, and it was like, shut up with you. I want to actually see the parade?
Speaker 2: How long was it?
Speaker 12: And the.
Speaker 2: Sorry, how low did the prey take?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 16: Ours started at ten o'clock on TV and they finished about three and it finished well, it must have been an afternoon one there, because it finished as it got dark and then they had it would have been an hour of fireworks in the middle of all this stuff, which was choreographed with music, and it was quite interesting. But the amount of money they must have spent on fireworks was huge.
Speaker 2: Were there any bagpipes or anything?
Speaker 16: I didn't see any bagpipes. They started the parade with the sort of like seventeen hundreds with drawn carriages and guys and red and white English type soldier uniforms and all this sort of stuff. So they went right back through history and slowly worked there up to the present. Then they went through all the different platoons and all the different airborne divisions, everything related to the army. So they had all the desert uniform Desert Storm uniforms, and all this sort of stuff was all there, so they showed all the different.
Speaker 2: It was quite a big deal when Desert Storm came out with that special desert camouflage and those special dessert boots. That was a big thing. I remember that win.
Speaker 34: In nineteen ninety I was which I was actually involved with an international outfit and we had a TV screen satellite feeds from all the Iraq and Kuwait, Yep and all the American armories.
Speaker 16: You know, in the history of the Americans, they used to have those wagons and circles to fight the Indians off. In the movies. Yes, well, we saw flying over the desert. They had huge encampments, tampments with there would have been probably five hundred one thousand tanks, not kidding, in tents and all sorts of stuff in these huge encampments in the middle of the desert. And then there was a big gap, and then there'd be another one would fly over that, and there'd be another one and another one, and Yeah, it just went on and on, and I wish I'd videoed it. And I just couldn't believe how much money had been spent on all the stuff that was never returned to the States and just left behind. Wow, and it's just amazing. And you know, the tanks had blades on bulldos of blades on them, so that when they got to the trenches where the Iraqis were they simply just pushed this end over them and buried them. Then they could just go ahead, but rowning over the trenches. You know, the stuff that I saw there was just amazing. The the you know, the shots of where they shut up all the all the roads and all the trucks and everything, and demolition of that. What you saw on TV at home was nothing compared to the international news feeds that were going through at the.
Speaker 2: Time, because it was the first kind of contract we had CNN, didn't we There was a lot of you remember for.
Speaker 16: That, yes, yes, but it was also choreographed all the newspeople. From what we saw and what we understood from the army information for the Americans was they were all taken in groups to the same places to see the same things. They never saw the rest of what was going on, So they were taken to what the army wanted the public to see, and so everybody kept seeing the same thing.
Speaker 2: What was your role, George, Can you say any more about that?
Speaker 6: I was and.
Speaker 16: Sometimes controlling feeds to Televison New Zealand, Okay, and all this sort of thing. So we're feeding news feeds through and feeding news feeds out I was actually in control of the nineteen ninety Commonwealth Games to the World. Wow, I pushed the button to turn that on. So I've had some interesting moments. I looked at the button on the console and the screen as we had the opening ceremony, and I could turn off the world. You know, if I was a rebel, I could turn off the world and they wouldn't see nothing.
Speaker 2: Clearly, you didn't nice to talk, George, Thank you, twenty six past eleven. Well, he's a good point. Got a feel for the New World staff at Freeman's Bay, the uncertainty of where they may be relocated to other food stuff locations if you're lucky enough. So yeah, I don't know about that. The insurance not cover their wages during the rebuild. Perhaps they don't. That is a concern. Marcus. My memory of Jews. When I was twelve years old, my mother dropped myself and three other siblings off at the picture theater. She was late picking us up. I went back there together toilet the movie theater locked up. Was in the bathroom. Locked inside a theater at twelve was traumatizing. I bet my mother ran down the street to find the lady with the Keys. Every time Juork comes on now it brings back memories of me being locked in the theater. I often wonder why did my mother drop us to see such a gruesome movie. At twelve the Crusaders, we meet the Chiefs in the twenty twenty five Super Rugby Pacific Grand Final. I see old Colin Man's bridge. I think it's some. He's banned the cow bells from the stadium, so I thought it was gutless. But they've done that and slightly precious New Zealand's winter Solstice. The shortest day is Saturday, twenty first of June twenty twenty five, at two forty one pm. From then on the days get longer and the first all Black game of the years against France July five in Dunedin. Have destroyed that by sending down a B team. I can't work out when they can't stop that, just ruining rugby, the obsession with the World Cup. Would have loved to have gone that match if it was going to be any good, but now have no interest. Good evening, Pete, it's Marcus. Welcome, Marcus there going good Pete yourself? You're not seeing George?
Speaker 35: Yeah?
Speaker 30: I have actually see I put the damn good movie, but I thought it was quite well. You were old they had made it. But in the day I don't stand good move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone seems to think that one of the best.
Speaker 30: I reckon it was, yeah, sounds and everything, it was quite quite well done. You're just regarding the I can't play bring the bells down at thet the final on.
Speaker 2: So they're not and it's very toldish, incredibly childish, because there wouldn't be many people coming down from from the Wyekado anyway.
Speaker 30: If they bring whoever whatever team it is. If you can't handle the pressure, well tough.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 2: They said it would be dangerous to have a cow bell, Well no one's been. No one's who'd of Whitekato standing with the cow bells?
Speaker 30: Are they absolutely prosthetic? And yeah, there should be a shane in themself. Actually, I hope they do. After that, they lose it by quite a bit.
Speaker 37: They deserve to lose it now. The crusaders don't want the cheat to win anyway, but they deserveship.
Speaker 2: Brother, did you know about that or you just heard it when I said it?
Speaker 30: No, I just hit it now.
Speaker 37: I couldn't believe I just can't believe and if you cross shocked, I just.
Speaker 2: Bring the article ups to make sure I've got it right.
Speaker 37: Yeah, yeah, shouldn't be to stop that.
Speaker 2: Crusader's chief executive Colin Maine for said the band was due to spectator safety.
Speaker 37: We have, we have the games here on some you plumber the highlands. What they bring their buckets along, you.
Speaker 2: Know they bang on the part of it to kill the vibe.
Speaker 30: Apparently detonment.
Speaker 37: I think, bring whatever you like along long you not hit anybody.
Speaker 2: We've made the decision to ban cow bells for the Super Rugby Grand Final to ensure fans are able to come to the stadium and enjoy a great game of rugby where everyone is safe.
Speaker 37: What that is bad sportsmanship?
Speaker 2: Totally bad sportsmanship.
Speaker 3: Yees.
Speaker 6: Not not that they got room.
Speaker 2: That they've got room for those bloody horses going back and forward.
Speaker 30: You know, let's see what they can have that fun.
Speaker 37: They don't mind bringing the horses along with it. They can bring whatever they bring along. But is the other the other opposition team they want to bring what they want to bring along and where it's just intertoned.
Speaker 2: Just certainly makes half the country want to back back. White cutter, doesn't it?
Speaker 7: Ah after that, never coding.
Speaker 30: These crusaders now they're hips the car a tune on them.
Speaker 2: Good to hear so animated. Pete, thank you, and it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 6: I'm Marcus.
Speaker 38: I've just been listening and talking about sharks and things, and I always remember my mother telling me the story. She was a good swimmer in her day, and this would have been about them or forties. In the nineteen forties, she was a member of the Wolminary Surf Club and they were at a competition down in Tea tie Bade near Willington, and they must have had a lunch break or something, so she just went out for a swim in the bay, and she said, then she was swimming around, she all of a sudden had a feeling that there was something swamed past her, but she couldn't see anything. And when she happened to look back into the shore, her teammates were waving at her, and she thought they were just waving, so she waved back and it wasn't until she got back into the shore they were waving or I hope that they've seen a spin in the water.
Speaker 3: Wow, they were.
Speaker 38: Waving at her. To come back in. But so she must thing went right past very close to us, so obviously it wasn't hungry enough for you know, she had.
Speaker 2: Lucky escape, did she see?
Speaker 16: Yous? I do?
Speaker 38: And I'll never forget that. I can still have that very first scene lodged in my mind when they still went out early morning, and I can still remember seeing her shooting sideways through the water all of a sudden, and I'll never get that first scene out of my head. But I haven't started the swimming.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it. And but thanks so much for that. Nice to hear from you. Yes, the other topic too, if you want to get outrageous about the Canterbury rugby team or the Crusaders. Health and skinned evening, Cheryl Good evening, Hi.
Speaker 32: Marcus, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Cheryl Good?
Speaker 32: Yeah, I'm really gutted that the no cowbells are allowed on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seems surprised. A cow bell is a feature of White Cato the Super rugby team though.
Speaker 32: Yes, of course the games yeah both Yeah, whether it's NPC or Super Rugby, the cowbells are always there. And I'm really really pissed off the Crusaders. They need to get off their bloody pedestals. I don't know who they think they are, who made them chiefs go? Yeah, I hope the chiefs go down there and kick their asses big time.
Speaker 10: I really do.
Speaker 32: I'm really pissed off, to be honest, yep, not on bad sportsmanship.
Speaker 2: And there's probably no one going to find up with cow bells anyway. It's probably sold out for the cantabs.
Speaker 32: Oh exactly. I had looked at at prices of tickets, you know, the e fares, but they were between four hundred and six hundred dollars that was in I find from Hamilton or Auckland. Yeah, not not doable, which is which is a shame. So yeah, I'm just I'm discattered.
Speaker 17: I don't know the text.
Speaker 2: The Texas people are furiously saying, no, no wonder. Everyone hates the Crusaders. People think it's terrible, yellow yellow bellies, pecker w words. People hate them.
Speaker 32: I know that we were some of the some of us up here call them the cheap Saders, not the Crusaders.
Speaker 15: The cheap Saders.
Speaker 2: Don't see how that works for clever I me, Marcus, welcome, Are you.
Speaker 15: Cool?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You just said the old rugby thing mate episode. So who canceled.
Speaker 2: The beltin Colin Mansbridge?
Speaker 6: Who is he?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: He's like the head biscuit of Canterburry Rugby.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, So he speaks for the whole of white Killow rugby.
Speaker 24: Is he?
Speaker 2: No, he's speaking for he runs. He's the Crusader's chief executive.
Speaker 6: So he speaks for the whole of the White Kidow rugby people.
Speaker 2: No, he's the guy in charge of the Canterburry Rugby. And it says they run the venue. This is they're not allowing cow bells because it's dangerous.
Speaker 6: Okay, So for their safety, is it? Okay?
Speaker 7: Set on alcohol?
Speaker 2: Very good point, Very good point. It's such a joll be they'll be having their flags.
Speaker 6: Because he just put his name on the on the on the mets.
Speaker 2: He's a loser.
Speaker 6: Eh, he's a great fellow. Call him a Greek soul.
Speaker 2: How's it soft, Gary Marcus welcome.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 39: I won't be quite as rugged as that lady call of But the fact is I've always thought they were very parochial, and now they've just proved it.
Speaker 2: Do you watch many of the games they're running scared?
Speaker 33: Yeah.
Speaker 39: Whenever an opposition team makes a mistake drops them all or something. They laugh, And if that isn't being narrow minded, I don't know what is. But I certainly agree with that, lady. I just hope the heck good Chiefs can take them down, although in a way I've done a bit of a doubt because I've noticed I've done an analysis of the Down and Super Rugby and ninety percent of the games are won by.
Speaker 9: The home team.
Speaker 39: But having said that, we mustn't forget that Moana Pacifica took them down, didn't they exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, without cow bell's Good on you, Gary, thank you. I'm out of here. I've had enough. I'll return hopefully tomorrow. Enjoy your thirusday. Good on you, Shyril with you all the way. One eyed Crusaders was it the Chiefs go and said that they were selling cow bells at the game. Well, this lady's youngest I've heard on your show. Go all night, go the Crusaders, cheepers. Put the cow bells sound on your mobile phone. Very funny thing to do. It's a great point.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus Slash Nights, Listen live to News Talk Set B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio,