Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus Lush Nights podcast from News Talks.
Speaker 2: That'd be first and foremost just a warning. There have been solar flares, so that's been happening. Shortwave radio on five continents have been shut down because of solar activity from the sun. This is something we monitor. It could be ramping up. That could mean that everything could breakdown. I don't know this is true, but I'll keep you posted on that, guys. Happened about four thirty today American time, although I think today is used today in America. So yeah, go figure. Shortwave radio blackout to be reported part of North America, South America, Southeast Asia, Africa, the Middle East. So that there's solar flares and they could cause all sorts of hassles, GPS, the whole shebang they reckon. The planes in the air will be fine, but some of the other stuff not so much. So all across that, thanks to all the feedback about the flags. We discussed the flag last night, Change the Bag. People very very triggered by that. People said we had no right to discuss it, which is interesting. So there we go, ten years on we can't even talk about it. Flip go figure anyway, we won't be talking about flags tonight. Go to the Facebook page if you want to vent it's gosh, some of the comments. They are unbelievable anyway, Gosh, people are quick to take offense, now, aren't they. No one can be neutral, by the way, speaking of taking offense and not being neutral. I don't know if you've been following this story, but I need to talk and in fact know what I need to say. However, for those of people that follow Auckland based media, which is probably most media these days, there is this obsession about the reporting of the businesswoman and her husband who is an all black former who want to get a helipad, and that is in their house in West Mayor. Now, if you don't know Westmere, I'm not quite sure where it is. It's like in a west never used to be a suburb, but now it's a suburb that people seem to go to. It's a bit mudflatty, I think when the tides out, but it could be all right the high tide. But West Mayor it's the suburb of the moment, it seems. And these people want a helicopter pad but cheapest. I spent some time thinking about this today, not a lot of time. And by the way, there seems to be a pr offensive with people doing well, who knows what they're doing, but you know it sort of seems to be a charm offensive. And by the way, with the whole council hearing on whether they should have a helicopter pad a helipad or not, they do pay for this process. They foot the bill for the consenting process. But the question I have, and I don't even know what the answer, is, who is so busy they need a helicopter in the front lawn? I mean, I can imagine if you were the president or the Prime minister, or if you were some extraordinary surgeon that could name their price and value their time at home and wanted to just fly into organ transplants at a second's notice, But who else. I don't get it, And maybe the whole point is I don't need to get it. But I would imagine that if you wanted to go somewhere and a helicopter, you would drive across town to the heliport, which I presumed on the Monaco Harbor, which looking at State Highway twenty, you go into the water of your tunnel to take you five minutes. Okay, fifteen minutes. It's not going to take you long at all. But where would you need to be if you're just the general run about town socialite that you couldn't afford to dispense with fifteen minutes? And obviously the neighbors don't want it, and some of the reasons seem nefarious. Birds and trees and some of them seem tall. I mean, I'm not saying I don't want too little birds and trees, but people kind of people hate to see their neighborhood go in a different direction when the money moves in. They think, oh, well, hang about, we're going to lose as well. Lose that. But who's who has a lifestyle that's so urgent because I presume most people with helicopters they fly to play golf, which is a three hour walk anyway, so they're saving ten minutes to waste three hours playing golf, or they go to arrest one on way Hickey. So I can't quite work out why people need helicopters. You might have because I presume what we actually really need to know is that it's a status symbol. And that's fine as well, I suppose, but should you have a status symbol, if you're having the status symbol adversely affect your neighbors, I guess that's the question I'm asking. But it seems to be a huge about a pilava to save ten to fifteen minutes. I don't know that I'm necessarily opposed to it, but a lot of for a lot of me, it's about it's a sense of ga. Some people must have no spare time, but then they go and they're the sort of people that go and sort of socialites, And a lot of the life of socialites is about having spare time and spending that sort of anyway looking like you've got spare time. Oh well, I don't know. In Bluff we have anyone with helipads. I don't think an in Vcago we've got anyone with helipads. Queenstown probably although no, probably not. Actually I've never seen anyone landing and taking off with the helipad. They normally the aerodrome. Sarah Marcus, welcome, good evening.
Speaker 3: Hello, how are you make good Sarah? I just thought I I can be talking about that Hallihead thing with a few people because I do live in Aucklands and I know West farewell, and I found a lot of people. Some people are saying, you're envious, if you you're just being green eyed, if you if you want to stop these people getting so I'm not at all events. I don't care if they had temporaries or five year old roses in the garats, whatever, you know. And I don't care if they have a gazillion dollars in the bank.
Speaker 4: Good to them.
Speaker 3: My thinking is West Bear is quite a unique little part of office because it's got quite an ecological area where is a lot of scouting and you know, children's scouts and stuff like that, and I just think the infringement on the area from a noise and ecological point of view, it's unacceptable, and I think it's a pretty selfish move.
Speaker 2: But from a love style, from the community, from a lifestyle point of view, why would you need a helicopter? I mean, it's probably none of our business, but I'm curious that I'm curious to know where you need to get to so quickly.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I think the idea is that they can fly to an airport in the helicopter, but I don't think, well, that's what I believe is the case. I think that apply to an airport and not have to drive from the traffic in Auckland.
Speaker 2: But then you get to the airport, you're waiting around forever anyway for customs and stuff.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, okay, well, hey, there are plenty of people in Auckland, believe it or not, who can afford a helicopter. So does that mean that these people can need a helicopter and a helipas that suddenly we open up diskies to anybody with the dollars for a house to buy their helicopter. Suddenly, I mean the left dozens are serving around and well I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: They need to have a pilot as well, though, wouldn't they When does the pilot order? Do they fly it themselves? Do imagine if you're flying a helicopter, you've got to get keep your hours up, which is probably quite arduous. You've probably got to fly a lot to remain match fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would think so there's been quite a few people who are people wealthy, people of leisure, spend that time I'm getting their helicopter or a pilot.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so he or she would have their license and that fly away at the drop of her head on too, or are wealthy and oh god, I'm pleased. I haven't got that that moral dilimma of getting my own helicopter. How much do they cost?
Speaker 3: Look, I think they're a bagon Marcus. I think they're only you know, you can hit runs for a.
Speaker 6: Couple of hundred thousands or so.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like those ones within closed back and closed back helicopter. What about the eurocopter the Black Propeller. Thank you, Sarah Andrew Marcus welcome.
Speaker 7: Oh hi, I.
Speaker 8: Guess I just children and just now on the helicopter thing, I think the saying that you might be missing is that some people like flying helicopters.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've missed that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, just if I I.
Speaker 2: But people people also like flying People also like flying planes, but very few of them, apart from John Travolter live next to the airstrip.
Speaker 8: You previous scholler, your previous scholar makes a point about this, you know, the noise and stuff. But yeah, I mean yeah, I mean, if you're on a more remote area, if you're not going to have that problem. I actually think, you know, find helicopters into and too, you know, areas that are high density and now lights of Auckland or wherever, whatever city. I think New York's really sort of you know, just landing pairs on top of roofs, you know.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't it wasn't sorted for that family last month. They had that shot of them all about to get in the helicopter, next thing another or did. It was hard?
Speaker 9: So my point, right, I don't.
Speaker 2: Actually if I was mad keen on flying helicopters, I'm not sure they are, because I don't think they've said they fly them. I'd buy a property rurally and I would live there. And if I want to go and get on the Sangreas, I'd fly into a heliport and get a text into an uber into town. Would be living in a thawing out space. Well I'm just talking. I just think about any drink spring to bind.
Speaker 10: Okay, the irony is there, but yeah, what what.
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, so.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I've got I've got helicopter in Spain, so anyway, but none the less, they're not very expensive to run, and you know, if you do the maintenance and there's a lot of study involved in it mechanically wise.
Speaker 8: You can do yourself or you can pay someone else.
Speaker 10: To do it.
Speaker 2: You are you are you a helicopter pilot?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, oh okay, we should have seen that at the beginning. I know this.
Speaker 10: I've got duke bites, yeah, after the deer bikes for my pastime.
Speaker 2: So how how far do you have to drive to fly your helicopter?
Speaker 8: Well, no, it's in it's it's my garage.
Speaker 2: And you lived you live rually or urbany? Is that the right and rural?
Speaker 10: How many three helicopters in there?
Speaker 2: How many hours a month do you have to fly to keep your license current?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well it's not any zeal One thing? So in in Spain, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not sure in Spain? Okay, I can see the irony was okay, it's all coming coming together now, Andrew. Now you've actually revealed your card to hens.
Speaker 10: I don't know if I have a helicopter in.
Speaker 2: New Zealand, No, nor would I what could tell you? What them? A lot of a lot of helicopters aren't there. I was working on the firm yesterday there was two I'm going to one huge numbers of helicopter because I think all the mutton birds are coming back home, so they all seem to go down there mutton birding and they yeah, they were back and Ford, you know, flying south of Stuart Island all Yesterday's nice to hear from me, Andrew, Thank you helicopters your thoughts twenty past eight eight hundred. Of course you know the word helicopter, don't you. It derives from hellico, meaning spiral and pte r to fly, like in tyodectyl, So it probably should be pronounced helicope because it's helico like terodectyl. Who's who's so? And it's up for the tributal to work out if they're out a helicopter pen or not. But who's so busy they need one? That's well, I can't quite work out. But as Andrews says, it's not so busy, they won't love flying. Well, if you love flying, then you go where you need to fly, would you. Someone says that the boy racers can't have their allowed exhaust. How the hell allowed are they allowed to fire a helicopter? Cops should slap it with a sticker, Marcus. Why has the question not being asked? Where are they landing. Only so many places of business that have their own helipads cheers in. I think why Heike has a lot that they go to golf courses too. If they're into golf, you go to golf courses and fly your chopper and then play a round of golf. And Marcus, good evening.
Speaker 13: Hello, Well the interim music was as bad as the helicopter noise. I had actually done the text as I decided i'd ring up and I started off, Hi, Marcus, this is a residential area, not like about it's ten cars or oversized cars. But the big thing is the decision will or set a precedent and the invading nature of noise, etc. And this is that's on the other residents in the area. And it's only a personal demand, as you said, if it was an operating specialist or a surgeon serving a public benefit, that would be a different matter. But there's no extending circumstances. Lots of negative in impacts the environ meant in the pleasure and the safety of the area. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: So are these people so busy that they needed to say themselves ten minutes or is it just a state of symbol.
Speaker 13: I've got no idea. I read they they're talking about for I don't know. It's not for or trips. They talk about movements, which is in and out up to four and it may be that it is to fly to the airport because it's limited to ten ten a months. But I personally, I live in a rural area on an orchard and at one stage suddenly got helicopters in too frost fight and they come down low and horrendous noise and.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, no. When I lived in Cromwell and there's a frost coming, it was like apocalypse. Now they came over low gee, it was like where there new Born.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if I if I was made helicopters, I wouldn't move to Westmere.
Speaker 13: It's a purely personal thing. Yes, well, I mean, let's face it, the police have their helicopters, but they're doing a public service.
Speaker 2: Worked out the police helicopter. It's always above your house. You never see anything in the paper the next day. I wonder if they just fly around for the hell of it.
Speaker 13: Well, they're not telling you. You're the secrets.
Speaker 2: No, but you think it was a big deal. If you think of there's some escape prisoner out. You'd read about it in the paper all.
Speaker 13: Quite often they're apprehending or following somebody.
Speaker 2: Are they really though in conjunction.
Speaker 13: With forces on their ground?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 13: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm you to be convinced, but yeah, they tried run and christ you it s freaked everyone out, took it away because most places don't have a police helicopter and they get by whether this is true, and I don't know, Ah, get in touch, oh eight hundred and eighty to eighty nine nine two to text. We are talking, heal, what's the point And I don't know if that if the way the world's going. In ten years we'll all have one, or in ten years have flying cars, or in ten years a helicopter will be superseded, or people will come to their senses. I know, I'm wayhiki. A lot of people have heli pads and you go to a restaurant and the people come to their helicopters, and they wander down from the hill and they have their luncheon. Then they go and think, well, gee, what do you think? You think? Well, actually, those people have really made a commitment to come here today, haven't they spend that much on a helicopter. But anyway, the Robinson R sixty six helicopter was specifically designed for transporting golfers. Really, I don't know much about the Robinson sixty six. Is that the one with boom, mast, bang or whatever it happens. I'm not necessarily sure I'd go running to get into one of those. But was it designed for golf? I like to affect check everything these days could well have been, by the way, BTW golf golf, golf, golf, golf. Does it say that? Maybe? Oh eight hundred eighty tennion nine two nine two ticks about talking helicopters, they're quite remarkable bit of engineering. Just don't necessarily know that the neighbors need one, but maybe they do. Talking helicopters. Who needs them? And I'm not even quite sure at the by laws, but I think probably you get permission from your neighbors and you're good to go. But I imagine too, if you're in a neighborhood like that, it gives the neighbors something to talk about, doesn't it out walking your dog with your plastic bags? Oh what do you think about the old neighbors wanting a hella? Then suddenly that cushions ensue. You couldn't be without an opinion. You have to have something to say about. Oh, very much opposed of course the noise. Oh good on them, Good on them. They've worked hard, where have they? But you see they're so handy to that motorway to get to the airport. You go into that tunnel, you're there in twenty minutes, say fifteen minutes. dB. It's Marcus, welcome, good evening.
Speaker 12: The cars you got a new garage.
Speaker 2: Weren't every garage all right?
Speaker 12: Every cars you got just abothering nosy, it's turned into what I would better say. So there are people out there who's the helicopter is no more or no less than a car. Of course, they just hop in it and go. You do it on the road, they do it in the wild blue yonder. They sell places land. The only one I can think of straight off the top of my head is Current Eco in Picton. You buy a house that has a taxi way to your house and you have your commuter aircraft.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I know places. There's places in pau And I saw last time I was at the Alexandra Airport. There are houses going and there that you can go, you can go and use that great est. They're not quite sure why they're in New zillunt flying there, but yes, they have places you can fly there. Also you can fly and go to your house.
Speaker 12: Yes, So it's sort of like a mindset. It's a take away the fact that most people don't fly an aeroplane of any type, and therefore it's very strange to those that do fly aeroplanes, who are who can and quite normal people fly them. When I was of railways, I think three most of it. They all drivers. Three of them had private pilot licenses. One of the monitor's own air power a craft. He had a sister, and two of us had gliders.
Speaker 2: So but a lot of people, a lot of people are passionate about flying as a hobby. But do you need the helicopter on your front lawn? Yes?
Speaker 12: No, maybe, I think if you get away with absolutely. I got taken by I made him story anyway, we're just glune dropping on the maid's place. And he landed on this guy's front yard and he said, you're the third helicopter here today.
Speaker 2: Wow, where was that?
Speaker 12: We we'd flown out of power ram and we landed in a piggery at the mountain southern portal of the Wilimsack Tuddle, and we were the third aircraft in there that day. That wasn't his.
Speaker 2: What was the attraction of the piggery.
Speaker 12: I think it was just the guy who was quite a friendly. That's what he did for a living. He was relatively well off and he had his own helicopter which wasn't sitting out of the yard. He says, No other people just fly in here. Yeah, just say hello, have a couple of coffee and back off again.
Speaker 2: Are you governed by air traffic control and urban areas?
Speaker 12: Sort of depending on how close you are to the airport. So it's an upside down Christmas cake. The closer you get to the airport, they have over you. The closer you get so you can fly across the mouth of Porri Rua as long as the por have as long as not above two thousand feet the air traffic control.
Speaker 2: Do you mean you think they'll get it?
Speaker 12: I know there was trouble at way Hecki when a guy got caught out living music is resource said more than he had. Says that he was allowed to think ten movements a month, and the neighbors were sitting in their accounting and when they got to fifteen, they potted them.
Speaker 14: So I think.
Speaker 12: Those that haven't got a helicopter, like, it's not no real difference to having your next doorabor with a very large, noisy motorbike.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's not good, is it?
Speaker 12: And that is not good? But for those who can fly or do fly, and they're not in all rich, I mean I was never rich.
Speaker 2: Did you a helicopter? Did you have a helicopter?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: I wouldn't trust those things.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the other thing. That's the other thing too. It's you know, to wake up and see that some some prejudices happened.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 12: But as my last comment is, and I know it's very trite, you're in more danger driving to an airport than you are getting into any aircraft, commercial or private driving there than getting in that aircraft. And that even includes me.
Speaker 2: Why does that include you?
Speaker 12: Because everybody who knows me knows I'm a complete nutcase.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that. You didn't say that that. Yeah, okay, are you a driver?
Speaker 12: I'm an average driver. I'd like to try and be better, but I when I concentrate, I'm an okay driver. But when I don't concentrate, I'm as dangerous as the guy next to me try to overtake me on the inside.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about a helicopter. What about it? If you are you safer driving to the airport than flying a Robinson.
Speaker 12: I've done it over this show into helicopters, only to say that I'm held the controls. The Robinson is very easy to fly outside its safety zone. But having said that, in Australia they use them to herd cattle and they fly them like a motorbike, and once in the while they kill themselves. But people on motorcycles hurting kettle kill themselves too.
Speaker 2: That's definite. Someone says the helicopter's not going to be kept on their property, or that's not the case, they're not helicopter pilots. Then there goes a spontaneity because I presume if you want to go somewhere, you've got to ring your pilot, who I presume is not going to have their helicopter on their property. They're gonna have to drive to the heliport across town, getting the helicopter fly across town to pick you up. So in that much time you could drive to the heliport yourself. Couldn't. I can't. I just can't work out the advantage. Just can't work. It makes no sense to me, and probably that's not what they're trying to understand it. The tribunal is whether it works for them or not. They're trying to work out if it's going to affect the scouts or the birds or the wetlands. But I just can't work out what sense it makes for a practical point of view, because if you're going to have to organize what's going on when old Peter of the pilot comes across, it's not gonna be that spontaneous, is it. You might have changed your mind considering the noise the helicopters making it around in the hospital and coming to land on the roof. I'd hate to live in one of those bays in Auckland where some people have helipads in their backyard by the water. Someone said must be worse than some Uranga Tamadiki houses. That's from Kate. Brilliant Marcus. Have you ever seen the movie Blue Thunder? I don't know what's that one about. I have to google it up. Someone's trying to have discussions with you about my dream team All Black first fifteen, and I made the mistake of texting how I thought would be the best two wings, and now I can't get it out of it. Someone said one or two million for a dezel Haacre. I think you can rent them as well. Can you used in a high country for mustering, dropping off shepherds and dogs fearing timber supplies to backcountry guts. Also, I think we know what helicopters are used for. I'm just not sure what social like couples need them for. But good luck to them, Marcus. I imagine they'd get to the airport in their chop and then they would jump into their private jet. Marcus, on the subject of helicopter pads, I watched a really interesting YouTube video and what they do to land at the White House lawn to allow for helicopter landings while not damaging the lawn for other uses of interest. Biden changed the landing location when the press started filming his gait. He says, reading the trick today about old lot's been written about buy and they tried to coach him to take bigger steps because nothing takes away confidence in your leader when they do tiny Inseypancy little steps like he did. Was the beach not good? Marcus? There is a commercial helipad Mechanics Bay and north Shore, both closest. Just rubbish. They need one on their own. I don't know if the commercial one at Mechanics Bay is still there. I think the police might be there, but I think the helicopter port moved to the Monaco, the north side of the Monayico. I think I am right. Maybe I'm wrong, but there is a big heliport there. Get in touch, heittled twelve helicopters. Do you care? By the way, it's probably not going to affect you. It might affect the neighbors. What I've known with people Sometimes with people like this, they have a big campaign to get something for the neighborhood and polarize everyone. Then they finally get right about two weeks houtter they shift out anyway because they find the neighborhoods not quite the same after they've gone through the whole process. Oh yeah, they've been up in Queenstown, wouldn't they chopping around top top Welcome Chrisus Marcus, good evening, How are you good, Chris? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm just just about the helicopter thing. I live in her Bay, which is obviously close to west Mare and very close to the Caronov Street off off ramp and the motorways, and numerous times I've been woken up by the Eagle helicopter three in the morning, following people around and buzzing around. But I'm sure they these people aren't going to be allowed to fly that early in the morning and stuff. I don't really see a problem. From what I've read is that they've organized they flying over the water, so when you go over Westmere itself and they just land in the lawn and take off and fly over the water, so the disruption is not there. Really.
Speaker 2: That means they'll be coming up the harbor past your place, though, Willard.
Speaker 4: What's already there's already doing that.
Speaker 2: Yes, So there's just there's one Helly does he use it often?
Speaker 4: Not that, not that often. But like I said, it's more more the Eagle helicopter more than anything else.
Speaker 2: So the people the Whoon, they are they excited because they think it means that their neighborhood's getting ahead and progressive and becoming aspirational. These helicopter type types or they sort of think, oh, well, this is the beginning of it becoming very, very noisy.
Speaker 4: It's like I said, it's no different to the Eagle helicopter, so you know, you know, one more that flies during the day at the minimal disruption. I don't see a problem with it.
Speaker 2: Last from you, Chris, George Marcus, welcome a god, Josh how.
Speaker 16: I live in Marlborough, a sunny old town of Mulba and where a marker and what we put up with a noise from my market. But it's not that I don't keep to themselves, so I don't see the point in the way you such out of the noise.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they are upset. I think they've got yeah, okay, no, that's not quite right. I guess you've got to go for a consultation process. So they ask people what they want. And if you ask people if they want a helicopter coming and learning next door, most people probably the first thing would say, well, thanks for asking, but actually probably now I think of it, no, I'd prefer not to have it. Yeah, because they haven't moved next to the era of drone like you have.
Speaker 16: I suppose yeah, well, yeah, so you signed a contract when you move there, but a lot of people now have moved on since then, and touching your money about it?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you ones mainly coming and going for horticultural work out there, George, like spraying and frost fighting.
Speaker 16: Yes, and other recreational GISs.
Speaker 2: Because I think probably people are slightly more sympathetic to frost fighting because it seems to have some tangible use. But it's just someone to save ten minutes on a journey. You think, well, actually, why should I give up my piece and quiet so someone could just get somewhere to the upside the reason for it, That's what I can't quite work out. I can't quite work out what their great need for a helicopter is. Altho it's probably none of my business, but I can't help but wondering why have they got so little time so they've got to save ten minutes. I don't know where they're going to the airport or to mud brick or to carry cliffs cold E cliffs. But yeah, that's what I'm wondering about. But anyway, hope, but I don't need to go through these hurdles for permission to get my donkeys. But anyway, nine away from nine Hedle twelve sean good evening.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm Marcus just on this helicopter debate. There are some reasons why they'd use one. I mean, these guys rub shoulders with the rich and the famous all around the world, business investors, so and so forth. So they'll be fining them up to the Dariedy golf course, yikey, holiday destinations all over the place. These guys don't want to sit in our traffic.
Speaker 2: But would you say, okay, say Bill Gates or Elon Musk's coming over right yep. Would you say, we'll meet you at my front lord at West Mayor and we'll go to Cody Cliff's Or would you say, actually, we'll meet you at the airport and we'll go straight up. They're not going to drive across They're not going to drive across town. I go to Westmere, are they Well.
Speaker 17: Not necessarily, but you know they've got I believe they're tied up with the dot com x, dot com mention things like that. They'll be in and out of all sorts of exclusive properties. I would have thought, not necessarily just coming in and out of Herne Bay. Herne Bay might be a nice location to come into because they're going out with dinner down the viaduct somewhere. I think it will just, you know, open things up for people in a couple of shorebirds. I mean, the kids jumping on the sand dunes at over Are on the weekends do more damage than the helicopter's going to.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, yeah, so you're.
Speaker 17: I'm all for it. I think it's great.
Speaker 2: Are you involved in the neighborhood.
Speaker 17: I've worked in and around the neighborhood in the trades, but I don't live there myself.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, you think it will happen.
Speaker 17: I think eventually it will. I think it might be restricted a bit somewhat, but I think I'll get there in some capacity.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from Mi Sean seven away from nine oh eight hundred and eighty to ten eighty nine to nine to text for it's pretty much like a kind of an Auckland novel, doesn't it. Here in Tiatitude, refer to the helicopter is the ghetto bird. Marcus police helicopter now lands in the industrial are of only Hunger mounts about Penrose. My brother looks an onny Hunger and groans about them all the time. Marcus having a helicopter, boat, motor home, motorcycle in your backyard is often more about spontaneity than practicality. If you want it, you got it, and you're gone. Yeah, but they're not going to fly it. They need to get your pilot across wouldn't you. He wouldn't be living there, would he. He'd have to go to the heliport somewhere else, drive across town. It's not gonna be that spontaneous getting on the bike or getting on the uber or something. I just can't see how it's I just can't see the practicalities of it. Well, each to their own, but I reckon it's probably more a status thing, is it. If people can afford to fly a chopper for coffee, then they can afford a wealth tax. Brilliant John Marcus could evening welcome here there, Yeah, I'm here, John, you're there.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, Marcus helicopter business. I've owned light aircraft and we used to live at Point Chief. First thing I'd say is the eagle is a big bird, and when we lived at Point Chief you could hear it flying around. But anyone that's someone's flying in there the house, it won't be anywhere near that size. They don't make any anywhere near as much noise. It's like comparing them. That's sound of a Harley Davidson too, a vest. But really so it's the first thing. The other thing is a lot of people use light aircraft just like use planes, because they're not expensive. You can buy a really nice aircraft, take you miss us around for thirty or forty thousand, and keep it out north. Sure it are more somewhere. People do that all the time. We had planes by wife Ester. We lived down in Cabny Coast. Now my wife takes a plane and goes up to new planets and to see grandkids. That flies home and just on our own and it's not expensive made. It's just something that people do.
Speaker 2: I guess the difference John, with your sister and you is they don't They don't have them at their home normally. I mean there'd be one or two instances where they would, but to go and to go to the aerodrome and jump in.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 18: But here in White and Ize, the guy's had a helicopter. He's up on the side of the hill. I don't if it's still they haven't seen it for a while, but it was there for years, just use flat off his front lawn and I'm fly in and out and oh.
Speaker 2: That's very big down South where everyone got their own air strips with their own planes and the hangar.
Speaker 18: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well this was in a residential area we had. But it's it's not a big deal. I mean, what's what's the problem and what's John?
Speaker 2: I think it's a big deal to the neighbors because there's there's been a fairly long consent process. So it's not a big deal to you. I mean, I couldn't care either way, but it seems that the people who live in Westmere are concerned because it's noisy. And it's probably also the change of the neighborhood that suddenly the you but rich are coming in. I don't know why they're not in Queenstown or Sydney, but you never know. But you're good to hear from you, Marcus. Just because they're wealthy doesn't mean they get to disrupt lives of potentially thousands of people just so they can fly the little toy. Thanks Stuart Marcus of the Territories in the Ages had the privilege of two flights in Iroquoit. What you do both times the door was open, exhibarating there we go. You should live in a vineyard town. Windmills and choppers can go from ten till seven the next day. That's frostbusting. I suppose we're going to get a helicopter, But Mum and dad, you got a two thousand and eight Camra Toyota instead the old ghetto bird.
Speaker 5: Eh.
Speaker 2: People quite split on this. Would it be fair to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I guess because he's in all black people there, he's a bit of a hero for people, is he?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess so, always fairly smiling his media appearance. Isn't he happy, go lucky sort of a unit? Would that be right? That's him, isn't it? It's rid? It's got it all the well known couple and their helipad, and they're campaign to get it. Yeah. No, I don't care. I presume most of us and they don't care category, But it's interesting.
Speaker 20: What do they need it for?
Speaker 2: What's the hurry? That's what I don't really get. But you never know. I think people quite admire the jet set lifestyle, don't they. All goodness, you're gonna be there? They get high exciting people coming in. Marcus I would not call a person charged with position of cocaine a good role model for young children. Thanks, Oh, well, they all make mistakes. Do you have the richest subject to the same lads or the land as everyone else, and you're doing their money counts for nothing. Well, no, that's not quite right. They are paying for this whole tribunal. I mean, anyone can have a helicopter if they just get permission, and there's a consenting process or whatever it's called. And there in the middle of that they're trying to get permission to get a helipad. And they're right, you've got to get your neighbors approval of pill have the right to protest, and goodness, gracious me, in neighborhoods like this, people can't wait to have this. Say you've got the zoo, you've got the mudflaps flats, you got the scouts. Well, I don't think anyone tunes up to the sea scouts. I think many people to have to sea scouts anymore, do they? Goodness, el Baden, Powell, Marcus and Parwanui houses are built on the waterfront with a private mooring. Whist has been having a sports fisher outside your balcony or a light aircraft park there. I don't understand that, but it's a good spinning of parwanui. Oh eight hundred and eighty nine detext your comments the other topic that you might want to to go at. Why do we get so freaked out by people wanting to name their kids prince or royal? Every year we get those of the names that the government or the law society ever is involved saying they can't make them Christian names in this country. Shouldn't people have to call their kids what they want? Apparently the United States they're very common Christian names prince and all sorts of other ones. So it's surprising, eh, but we're yeah, we we're not into it. I don't know why. So why are we so uptight about what people call their children? We names come and go, but prince is a fine name, isn't It can't quite work out what people are going on about with that one eight hundred and eighty to nine two nine two de text. Looking forward to your comments, I've got to say, actually, surprisingly looking at the text, people are very um triggered each way or not triggered, but people have strong opinions each way. No one's that neutral about the heliport. People are either strongly opposed or they or they worship this guy and think it's a great kind of right to have your own heliport. So make of that what you will. As I say, oh, eight hundred eighty tatty and nine two nine two to text, first names Christian, I will still call them Christian names and heliports. I presume it's your front yard, not your backyard.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Oh, eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine two nine two to text, looking forward to what you've got to say? And I say, oh, eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine two nine two to text, looking forty input anything else you want to mention, feel free jump in there. But yeah, what's your what's your vibe on the heliport or not the heliport, heliport land. I don't even know what you call it, heliport line area. I presume big city is going to get busier and busier and noisier and noisier, and some of those people will move away because of that. But yes, Christian names and peerl been told they can't call their kids prince. I'll find the article for you if you like, I mean, some of the names are some of the names are kind of well. There's all sorts of reasons and names are turned down, but some of them are turned down just because they think someone's going to be confused with Prince Harry or some ridiculous reason. New Zealand is forcing a band on names that resemble officials titles, such as king, Prince, and princess. This contrast with the United States, where those names are rising in popularity. King ranked two sixty six amongst the most popular baby names in twenty twenty three, with Royal at four h two, Prince at three sixty four, and Into is a nine one nine. So we seem to be particularly restrictive when it comes to names. I've got no idea why, apart from in this country we take ourselves way too seriously. Nathan Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going good? Nathan, Yeah, So about the heliport, like wanting to put a helipad on their place, I'm all for anyone do what even they want. If they buy the place and want a page for money for can sing, let.
Speaker 20: Them do it.
Speaker 2: Although they need you need to go through the process to get neighbors approval. Wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, of course all those neighbors approve all But that's the same thing as like any other thing. It's like when people have like they want to get something, there's always going to be a negative response on It doesn't matter what it is. If it's a shoe, a boat, how it really doesn't matter. People just have a set to be jealous.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like when you're building, when you're built, when you're building something that that's that goes beyond the boundary or something, you've got to get the neighbor's approval for the ability to do that. And that's every right, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're right to it, and that's up of the council if they say not yeah or no. But at the end of the day, there's a lot of people that are angry about it.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, well, oh, I don't know, I don't actually know that there are are they are the people angry?
Speaker 17: Well, there are a.
Speaker 6: Few people because they want take one they like help the homeless, etcetera. And with the money instead of doing that, it's like, well the money they can do what they want.
Speaker 5: Sorry say that again, there's people they want like I saw in my work notes, and they're like, well, one, they just instead of paying for the consent, help the homeless, or like give it to a charity, or instead of paying for all this to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, how much is it costing?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's mega bucks. We know that much because I can't it.
Speaker 2: Do you know why putting all this aside, Nathan about whether they can do or they want what they want or whether they can't do. You know what the advantage would be of having a helipad on your house would at your house would be.
Speaker 6: Noticeent than having a garage. You can just go out and just go for a flight.
Speaker 2: But I presume these but these people aren't flying the helicopters.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, that's what they may do, or they may well no, they.
Speaker 2: From what I can hear, they're not going to. So you'd need to arrange someone to drive across town to pick up the helicopter and come and pick you up, wouldn't you. So it's not going to be any quicker than driving to the heliport. That's the part I can't understand. Is it just a status symbol? Because I can't work out practically that it's going to be any quicker.
Speaker 6: Well, also a storage fees, hang a seat, they're expensive. So having on their own property where they can do their own get the mechanics to do their matenance and get everything done. Okay, So that attacks because when you've got a helicopter stored at an airport or heliport, you pay by the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tho, it's yeah, okay, Yeah, that's just my thoughts on that. And what do your workmates think. They think? Probably money to the homeless, is that what they're saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're like that, And I'm just like, well their money if they more hard for it, didn't.
Speaker 20: Do what they want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, worked hard. Okay, fifteen past nine if you want to come through eight hundred and eighty Teddy Marcus till twelve Marcus, do I not have to use the scrappons anymore? Do what you want? An zech is not allowed, Marcus, and picking up my daughter from the air equivalent ecodets go you, Marcus. Yes, they are still called sea scouts. I know they're still cold sea scouts. I just ask if many people still go to Sea Scouts, if they're still a big deal. This surprise you, but by my family's pretey much involved in Sea Scouts. Yeah, true story, true story. Yep, you heard it here. First. What do they call the chief? What are they to call the person that runs the Sea Scouts? Yep, they've got quite a strong Sea Scouts chapter and bluff obviously because we are a maritime town. Yep, you got that Marcus at our beach and the Corrimandel and developers started to come and go in a helicopter. It lands two to three meters away from us and the noises terrible. I would hate to have it leand in extoors somebody to load and not fear another residence. That's from Dave, Dave, Dave, get in touch Marcus till twelve Steve. Good evening.
Speaker 21: It's over the friend over in Sydney. They're on a very precipitous sort of a cliffyede house. It's on four evels and they packed their cow on the roof. They come off the road straight onto the roof of the house. But three houses down they have a helipad on the top of the house.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 21: And there are others in the same area of that same sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Is it on the North Shore beaches? Or like Tamama or.
Speaker 22: Something like that.
Speaker 21: It was all sort of quite hilly, silly. We've had a few here and Thames actually apply for permits to have helipads on in the Hill suburbs above us, up on Hill Street, but nobody's ever got a permit to do it. But you could see the point. I mean, we're not that far from Auckland, you know, a twenty minute flight. You can see it happening. Eventually.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't get a helicopter flight of Thames though, would you, Well, would you be I don't know, would you have a flesh house and Thames or what would be? What would you be going to teams?
Speaker 23: You wouldn't to go to golf house.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean I'm just trying. I just tried to. I didn't know. Yeah, okay, I just tried. Yeah, I can't work out. I just can't work out how it fits in with your lifestyle.
Speaker 21: Well, if you're a business person and you like the lifestyle of the country here and on the Coromandal, you know you're twenty minutes right from from work in Alburn, why not I guess. So we have to put up with the helicopters going to the hospital at all hours of the day and night. Nobody seems to make any noise about that.
Speaker 2: I think people are quite in supportive of the work they do and people for I don't think anyone would be would be opposed to them picking up the roads and taking them, do you.
Speaker 21: I don't think anybody would be opposed to up from the hills someone having a helipad on the top of the house or beside the house.
Speaker 2: I wonder why they've turned them down in the past.
Speaker 21: I have no idea. That's a council decisions.
Speaker 2: Who's your mia then soul? Any good?
Speaker 21: Yeah, he's I get on well with him, yeah, you know, yeah, I know him personally is yeah. Age, Oh, he's a he's an. He's an Auckland though, well we're the same age and no. But he really has his hat and soul in the town. He's here for the benefit of the town.
Speaker 2: Did they get that more? Did they get gold Fields sorted out? It's still terrible.
Speaker 21: No, it's coming on all right. We we we haven't had a ram Rade for a little while. Things are going on all right.
Speaker 2: So is it fully occupied?
Speaker 14: Yep?
Speaker 21: You know, we haven't got any empty shops in them.
Speaker 13: All it's full.
Speaker 2: It's good. Okay, it's not all full of two dollar shops or anything, is it.
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 21: No, we've got them in the main street, in Pollen Street. We've got four of them, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything worth buying in them?
Speaker 21: I wouldn't buy anything in them. Sorry, I don't support child labor. You go, You'm very staunch on that. But yeah, no, it's like stuff made in China that doesn't last very long and then you can't repair it because there's no spar parts. I'll buy something made locally.
Speaker 2: There's a coin mixing them all. That's a two dollar shop, isn't it.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 21: I prefer to buy something that I can. Is it made in New Zealand? You can get the spear of parts for it and you can repair it, you know, but that's getting very hard to find.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a dreadlocks place in the in the gold Fields, Queen's Dreadlocks and Haircuts.
Speaker 9: Oh is that right?
Speaker 21: I haven't see that. I must have a look at it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you want to get yourself dreadlocks. Steve, thanks for eight hundred and eighty to twenty three past nine here at the end midnight. Whatever names would you call yourself, prince or king?
Speaker 19: Why not?
Speaker 2: Marcus said, the folks we are going to fly themselves. So thinking of the helicopters and a Newbert, you order it for a particular time it arrives, it takes you to the airport directly. Time saved for some I imagine timers money leave helicopters for life flights. Maybe they should try electric scooters. Thanks Kurt, Kurt Kurt, twenty five past nine. If there's any news happening around the wood or all across it, what does that mean? I don't know exactly, but will there be a quake tonight? The little one yesterday?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Levin? He pulled to Italy will host a thudieth edition of the America's Cup. It's going to Italy. Let's ta prior to get a look. And I always liked Prata. They've done it for long enough, you think they'd win eventually. So that's happening. Eight hundred and eighty Taddy in nine to text Trump where is he now? Qatar? They had a mobile McDonald's. Did you see that? They put a mobile McDonald's. They took that with him, So get McDonald's when he wanted it. Yep, that's right. Oh, by the way, too, there's an article, a big article, they say, the talk of Sydney Fashion Week crocs. Everyone's wearing crocs. So yet we talked about crocs this week, whether they last long within the generals, not in terms of wear and tear, but in terms of their ubiquitousness. I think we decided they probably would. Well, it's been a week of divisive topics, hasn't it? Divided the nation with chicken sandwiches or chicken burgers, divided the nation with crocs versus journals, divided the nation with re energizing the flag debate, very little passion for a new flag. I knew you'd wrecked the chances of it, and our division over a helicopter, And I guess that's to do with our attitude towards people who are successful. I suppose what rights does that give you? Yeah, it might be something you want to mention as well. But here till midnight. By the way, who's excited about Mission impossible tomorrow? With the ageless tom Cruise. I don't know if I've ever seen one. It's only hanging off planes they mission him. I don't know if I've seen one. I'm not really one to comment, but but they've done very well with the hype. I'm real ware it's typening to I've seen all sorts of footage of him doing stuff anyway, helicopters and Christian names. Should you to call your kid king or Prince Marcus? The drive from Taomojune to play with every one of the best of news in and yeah, the wipe of Delta down through the King Country in the coastal Taranaki beautiful, you're the limestone and is impressive? That gorgeous? Yeah, no, I've got your big tick on that one. I don't know why they don't make more of it. Actually, one of the great trips get in touch helicopters. What's the point I can't understand. I mean, obviously people got a lot of fuss to get one, but what would it change your life that much? You must really hate the drive to the airport because these days you got your you got your laptop, you watch a movie or something, could you There's no downtime anymore. You can do anything the whole time, watch your movie, do whatever. Oh yeah, I quite like a bit of downtime. Someone's driving you catch up to your emails. We really set an email. It's why I quite like roadworks or red lights. You get on your phone, check things out, catch up with the news, where you go again? Never good. When the light's gone green for a while, you realize you'd forgotten it. But anyway, there probably should be an app on your phone that gives your text when the light's gone green. They'd probably be quite easy to do. Sharewear or something. Oh wait, one hundred and eighty Teddy Women's Tonight. I keep you updated without forget who won the first one? I remember watching you just don't remember who won. I think it might have been. Might have been the Queensland emails if you've got them, Hi, Marcus can't stand tom cruise to what We headed to the cinema tomorrow. Not many helicopters in this part of the world, and thankful for I do find drones annoying, though, when social media crowds stay nearby. If parients are stupid enough to give their child a ridiculous name, then they need to be prepared for the ridicule that will come when the child reaches school age. Mind you yesterday's ridiculous name. I mean names come and go. I mean Look at Wayne. No one's called Wayne anymore, are they? Or Kevin? But fifty years ago you couldn't get finer class without a Wayne or a Kevin. It's all changed. Your names are quite different now, are they.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's all sort of alo and otto. These they are all sort of valley words, I think, Marcus. I'm still freaked up by the caller from last night. Change and progress is bad? Yeah? Wow, what a New Zealand first voter. She was cheapest. Imagine spending Christmas Day with her stuck hearing her nonsense. Any takes for first names? Want to talk about that? Nineteen to ten? Them might be something different? Want I mentioned? I'm not fussed. If that's what you want to go on about. They'd be good to hear from your head. Of twelve oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine ninety two to text helicopters. Why would you want one at your house? Yeah, that's the question. How much time would it save? Or is it one of those things you think, well, why not? Why shouldn't I have one? So I guess there's places you could move to it becomes easier to have one. I think I probably could lend a helicopter in our place, actually what I want to do. I think the only problem was becoming a helicopter part. I think it's quite hard to keep your license, isn't it. You've got to fly quite often. I think it's you've got to fly more often than when you fly a plane. I don't know how many hours as a month, but I thought it was a few and I made it would quite quickly become a liability because you've got to fly the whole time to keep your license valid, differently doing it commercially. But yeah, there's actually a helicopter pad next door to us. They come and go all the time, particularly with the Mutton booers coming home. I saw two planes lending simultaneously, which is something I hadn't seen for a while. Anyway, be nice to hear from your people. One of as Marcus welcome, Oh eight hundred and eighty. Terribly wet for the state of origin. This is the women's state. I don't know where it is, but it's just she's bucketing down. Every time I watch League in Australia these days, it seems though it's raining. It seems though the climates turned very wet over there. But yep, get in touch. You ont to be part of the show. If there's some different topic, you gonna run up the flag. Good. I'll be good to hear from you always. Yeah, this looks like the picture is not going to hold up, Marcus. The newer helicopters with an enclosed tail rotor a significantly quieter I like those. I think they're the eurocopter. Oh why they follow the motorway. It's just the fastest route, Marcus, the lowest level of a few thousand meters. Marcus. I regularly buy granulated instant coffee from New World. Ninety grams in pay between two fifty three fifty mechs eight dollars for one hundred grams of instant coffee must be top of the line. Yet makes a good story. By the way, did you know a New World will make cakes for your on request? Is that something people know? Only found that out today? Evening? Sam, welcome, Hi, How are you?
Speaker 22: Marcus?
Speaker 2: Good? Thank you? Sam?
Speaker 20: Good?
Speaker 24: Hey about this helicopter SGA, I haven't been following it too much or two because you're working. But I mean, one would imagine if forgot that much money would not buy a big pad in the country, and I mean, no one would really care, would they know?
Speaker 2: It seems like they've they've got their dream place and kind of a recently fashionable part of Auckland. And yeah, yeah, change yourself would change the world. Often say, but you just move into the country, wouldn't you.
Speaker 24: Well, no, I really camplained. I suppose you get the old neighbor that would complain. But yeah, I mean imagine if I'd imagine if you got that much coin, you'd you just buy a big pad in the country and and live everyday life, won't you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I imagine most people do that get a big, a big slab but bend a mere resort in Queenstown or something like that. You'd fly and you chopp it from the airport to your house and spend your time there. You go to Europe for the rest of the year, if you're serious about, you know, doing the money bit.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I I haven't been following it too much, mate, but yeah, that's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think a lot of people think I think a lot of people are on song with you about that one. Sam. It just seems strange that you're there, want to go and live right in the middle of the city, and you'd want a helicopter. The two seems slightly incompatible, or maybe they won't be incompatible. Maybe they will get permissioned, but surprising.
Speaker 24: Well, yeah, that's the way the world is, Mascus.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 24: I think they will get no matter how much people throw up their arms and complain, you know, and they have to get permission. And what's going to be done about it?
Speaker 2: Well, often what happens with people, they spend the whole time fighting, and the fight takes out, and they get permission, and then the house goes on the market. They move somewhere else because it changes the perception of their neighbors and their neighborhood. Often, I think that's what will happen. I'm not saying that's one of my predictions, but I wouldn't be surprised. Marcus, good day, Marcus. I live on the West Coast, and sometimes it feels like every second person here owns and flies a helicopter. It's great, what can man can do when he sets his mind to it. Although it rains here all the time. Can you let your nimby Auckland listeners know they that, so they don't move down here, Charlie. Where are you? Charlie? What coast west coast and northid of West Coast of South Island, Marcus free easy to keep the license current? No minimum hours to keep up You sure that's the change since I was looking into it. Faulty Yeah, good evening, Mark.
Speaker 7: It's long time no here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm never quite sure how I should reply to that, because I mean, you're bringing me after all, But anyway, it's just small.
Speaker 7: Quote to you. Was in cyclone Gabriel when I was stuck on the Mohocker coach.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the mighty more hocker. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, ye ye ye. Where are you now?
Speaker 7: Faulty Tuty between Jenny Verurk and Prolong. I look five hundred meters?
Speaker 2: What's five hundred millies?
Speaker 7: That's where I love A five hundred meters altitude? Yeah see, I live in the clean here, not down amongst the Towny's.
Speaker 2: No, wow, five hundred meters are you're on the top of a hill or on the side of a hill?
Speaker 18: Ye?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm exposed to up to two hundred and forty kN now ones where.
Speaker 2: You can see who's coming into a tech? Can't you? From there? Your command of the hill.
Speaker 7: You've got it dead right, mate. But I'll tell you what. I've got a two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three billion, now the way it's going. What do you want? What do you want to say about helicopters?
Speaker 7: Can I put a bit of a towny aspect on this? Please? A country a country aspect on toppers? I used to work out I one in Live Deer Captain nineteen seventy eight. I won't go into that. I've also been rescued by one save me life twice, and when we hear them in the country out here, it means that's either doing work or helping somebody out. So I think it's perviosed to use the chopper as a luxury after we see what we see out here.
Speaker 2: That's a different angle. It's there now, they're not They're not some sort of rich kid's toy. They're in a sexual work tool saving lives.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you very much, Richard Chopper putting fertilizer on. We're talking worktoppers. Now, something else I want to try.
Speaker 2: You did you have one of those guns?
Speaker 5: Was no?
Speaker 7: I used to jump on on the blooming things I need. He sworn in up until you that we were specking to river honey and a millionais seven nothing.
Speaker 4: I was doing no good.
Speaker 2: Who is your top of pilot?
Speaker 7: Uh, Peter somebody for Lakeland Helicopters. And and then he had to go. He got employed in Aleska, Toma.
Speaker 2: Master caribou that's right, caribou muster.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am one o the things quickly. Steve Wan Harris, do you know that name?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Have you heard about his book he's launching this weekend something about meteors. You know he's a meteor taser yep? Okay, it's a tid's book about a meteor. I can't remember the name of the heard it on the local radio of the station this morning, and he's launching it this weekend.
Speaker 2: I thought you might be interesting, brother, there's a brilliant update. That's great, okay to meteor Chase the book is it?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's something something like I lended here or something. I carry remember the name that I hit her on the local radio station centrally off him this morning.
Speaker 2: You know who does the breakfast there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Seveh and Harrison now part.
Speaker 14: Owner of the.
Speaker 7: Radio station.
Speaker 2: I know that he's because he retired.
Speaker 7: The son's taking over the farm.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, he's a citizen signed to seize fireballs are I think.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, he's a close neighbor. I live in Central Hawk's Bay by about a one and a half case from Taru area.
Speaker 19: So he.
Speaker 2: How far are you from the coast to put on the hoe?
Speaker 7: Twenty eight k thirty road. Hey, the sun comes up over the sea in the morning and shines in my back window up onto my ceiling.
Speaker 2: Cheap as creeper, the old ceiling so brilliant.
Speaker 7: And I think, yeah, I shouldn't say too much because I'm happy here for a reason.
Speaker 2: But I see you'll see them coming, Faulter. You'll see them coming. You have time, plan your plan, you exit and you'll be right. Ouldest trick in the book defending a hell Beck Catch your people Hddle twelve six Narl Queensland up over and you and names to an America. You can call yourself right, you can call yourself royal or king or prince. In New Zealand you can't do it. Oh, but to uptate on the names we let people have. I don't care. Call yourself what you want. You always changed if you're not happy with it, for goodness sake. Fancy been so precious about because I might confuse you with Prince Erry chief is Way eight one hundred and eighty Teddy nine nine two tacks lines for you, mainly about the helicopters. Why you'd want one? I don't care where they have one, or I just don't quite I just don't know who's so busy a helicopter in their front yard. People say it's for the enjoyment flying the thing themselves. Think someone comes across to pick them up. Oh well, Marcus, power just went out into the attitude South. Thank you, Here we go, We're away. Marcus. Believe our motorways in major stays and six is both nationally collectively have quietly surpassed residential and domestic electricy usage. What's that mean? Tell me what I understand that? Mac Mac mac Welcome people eight one hundred and eighty Today your timo's Marcus welcome, Good evening.
Speaker 12: Hey Marcus.
Speaker 25: Interesting about these names, yes, in particular Royal King.
Speaker 22: I can recall I went to the school with.
Speaker 26: A young man.
Speaker 22: His name was Blue Boys.
Speaker 25: Oh yep, after that famous song.
Speaker 2: What's the song going?
Speaker 22: Oh jeez, I can't remember now.
Speaker 2: It's a famous song. But I don't think I've heard it, but I'll look it up.
Speaker 22: A yeah, anyway, that's what I heard. Anyway, he was named after a famous song, so that's why they gave.
Speaker 25: Him the name blue Boy. But I guess the rules have changed over the years. I can record going to school with two girls. One was Tennessee and one was I think it was Mississippi or something. And you know, there's been a few Mercedes Porsches obviously, so there's never been anything wrong with those names.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people are named after geographical places. For what did you say, Mississippi? Yeah, yeah, I mean that became medicine at Medicine Avenue, London. A lot of people are named after towns and cities, aren't they.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it's quite like like you just said, I think they're being they're being a bit precious mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because I find someone wants to call themselves prince. I mean that seems to be like, yeah, I got no problem.
Speaker 22: With it, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 25: And just on the helicopters, I mean, if I ever owned one, i'd probably use it just to fly from I don't know, Queenstown, Towanica or the Day of Isolence. Fun it a or something like that. But man, it scared me once I saw that incident over the huts and they when the propeller came off the the actual helicopter.
Speaker 2: What was amazing about that was they had shots. It was a terroist thing. They had shots. They had They got them all on the helicopter with their headsets and they took publicity photos for it and they published. I don't know how they got out. They might have posted on social media for they took off, but it was horrible to see these people so happy and moments later that all died.
Speaker 22: Oh terrible, terrible, and you know young family as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, okay, Yeah it happened.
Speaker 22: That shouldn't hold you back from doing what you want to do in life.
Speaker 25: There's you know, how many people this great country.
Speaker 2: How many people die yere in helicopters.
Speaker 22: Oh, I couldn't tell you, mate too.
Speaker 25: I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be much.
Speaker 2: Well, there's always well, I mean, there can't be that many helicopter pilots in the country. But yeah, okay, I'll look.
Speaker 25: At the steps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think well, I think he does also, I mean does he work. I think he's involved with the rugby union running that. Yeah, yeah, I don't know too much about what he does. I imagine if you had him employed in your company, it would be good for business, wouldn't it, Because you know, I mean to be a fairy, you'd be a fairy capable pilot, one would imagine. It seems to be calm, calm under fire. If you think about all black you want to be driving your helicopter, you rather Mitch McCall than some of the others, wouldn't it. Who'd be the worst helicopter? Who'd be the worst all black to drive a helt fly helicopter? Can't think of the answer there, but there will be someone anyway. Get in touch, Laurie Marcus. Welcome hear of Arcus.
Speaker 20: Would you mention all blacks with helicopters? Isn't it the Williams that's interested in?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what we are. That's yeah, he's the one. It's a big old clinch story, him and his wife. It's gone on forever and it's in the consent process now, which they have to pay for. But there's people being kicked out. It just goes on and I kind of work out what why they wanted?
Speaker 20: Well, it could be just straight recreation. I mean, did you realize that John, Sir John Key's got his license a little while ago, that's right, And he took Samantha Hayes for a ride round. And he's just doing it as a as a hobby. It's quite nice to little just a two seater help chopper. But hey, guess what flag he's got on the back of it. It's on YouTube, the one you were talking about last night. He's got a He's got that. That's the US got got that flag on his helicopter.
Speaker 2: The Mozambique one.
Speaker 13: That the.
Speaker 2: Jesus. Let it go, John, let it go. But I would imagine if for them living in Westmere, they don't want to fly the helicopter themselves, So to get picked up you need to phone your pilot, you have to drive across town pick up the helicopter from the Helles. You'd fly across the get you. There'd be two hours. That's not that spontaneous, is it. Yeah.
Speaker 20: No, i'd expect that he'd probably want to fly himself.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 20: But just straight recreation, you know, I mean, just like people with jet skis, you know, they go out and just go around in the circles and come back again.
Speaker 2: Don't get missed out on skis. Look, you're not a jit skier, are you?
Speaker 14: Certainly not?
Speaker 2: What a moronic form of transport. Knuckledraggers on their dwing, such a terrible noise.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but for the small, these small choppers, it's almost getting into stage. Looked like the jetsums, you know, sort of it's if you're it was this one. He didn't mention. This has been across a million dollars, the little French shopper that since Joe KIE's gone, But for a pretty neat little thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, have you got you? You have you a helicopter license?
Speaker 20: Hell no, why not?
Speaker 7: They probably?
Speaker 20: Actually, I I am quite I mean, even though I do a hell a lot of flying, I'm I'm revolutely apprehensive for about being in at the controls. Yeah, I mean, I've done parachute jumps and I spend a lot of the time looking down through a hole on the floor of an aircraft. But yeah, I just did a couple of trial flights but didn't didn't feel moved to sort of take lessons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am. I actually always felt quite comfortable, and I spent a lot of time with helicopters, always felt quite comfortable in them, but I've never really felt I think it's quite hard to fly them. You've got to get that sort of stalling thing going, which is quite hard work. I think requires a bit of skill.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, I mean a lot of hours of practical used to be quite expensive years ago when I was in Canada working back in the late sixties, basically that the North they were getting ferried around with helicopters. But there's quite a few guys learning then, and they used to go down and the place to learn was down at Niagara Falls. Yeah, that's where people would get their hours up. You know that you learned to fly, and then you've got the job of flying the tourists, flying the tourists around.
Speaker 2: And which a lot of the guys, a lot of the guys I've met in the South Island that are that are pilots. They've spent they've spent years in the middle of the Atlantic with the big fishing boats going to look for soon. I forget what they're doing, but it sounds pretty boring just flying around looking for schools of fish, I presume.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they're spotting spotting tuna. Yeah, I've seen those.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Yeah, when I was up in Micronesia, there was they they came out of out of Seattle.
Speaker 10: Usually.
Speaker 20: Yeah, the civilian families I think that sort of run that deal. But yeah, they catch their fish. Well, they go out and they spot the birds working and then you know, the guys will direct them to the haller up. But they actually sell it.
Speaker 14: You know, uh.
Speaker 20: Online, you know, from the ship. It's bitually. The it's sold bually when they catch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are they a school fish. They just get one at a time.
Speaker 20: No, they're school fish. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a bunch of them. Yeah, I mean when they sometimes they use when the guys fishing for them, they use it like a live bait. They have it in tanks when they find with the schoolers and they let that stuff out and then they just sort of guys just they can sometimes lean across this with hooks hook and the fish you know, off the surface. So it's a very like a feeding frenzy. They get them times not.
Speaker 2: To watch on YouTube, but sometimes I think it needs a good edit. Yeah yeah, here, I'll leave it there, Laurie, but thank you. Seventeen past ten six all New South Wales Queensland women's state of origin. Why don't we just call it the state of origin? Anyway? How are you? What's happening worst? All black to fly helicopter justin Marshall, Perhaps five hundred and fifteen helicopters per year average since two thousand and six. Death and Helicopter. Marcus I reckon to be awkward being named king on the off change, you'd become a king. That's very good text. Then you name would be king King brilliant. But then if you name your son prince, his name would be prince Prince. But then when you died, he'd become King Prince. You follow me, I think it's very good. By the way, chop of deaths decreasing down two percent per year. Blue Boy was the son of Buck Cannon and the High Chaparral. The thing was because they had red ginger hair. Oh yeah, blue yeah, if your ginger you called your kind blue boy. But were they not at birth? Probably it's normally fairly a parent in it that they're going to be of weird headed persuasion. Marcus I went for a quick supermarket run tonight, was amazed at the number of street lights out must be a storm hangover. No demand for hell. He got repats here in upper hut oh jab with the hut Zach Guildford. Good on you. Apparently you can't call your kid justice or judge or anything that sounds like an honory titled what about Earl? Exactly? You can't call your kid Fanny either, which I thought was weird. My name is Earl. You call your kids what you like, Marcus. I think the worst all Black to be a helicopter pilot would be Dan Carter. He can't fly all of them, he can only fly half. Quite good. I mean, I see what you did there? You worked on it, Well done, well done. Everyone's in the joking mood. I had a good joke today. What was it who told me a joke? Someone? Where was someone that got told a joke?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can't remember it? Oh damn? Did I screenshot and I read it and screenshot it? Maybe? Joy o Joys? How are you going? People? You've got something interesting to say? Be nice to hear from your Marcus till twelve helicopters and strange names, not strange names. They've caught footage of a to atara fighting at Takahey, go figure anyway, get in touch, you on to be part of it. My name as Marcus welcome. Oh what about? That's why I did ask, and I've got no replies. What about who's coming across all these raffles for butter? Apparently what happens is you all sell tickets and then someone goes to Costco and buys heaps of butter because it's like four dollars for five hundred grams. And then you go home and you wait for the lotto drawer and the last ball for Powerball. That's the person that wins, and they win all the butter. This is butter, people, This is what's happened in this country. Butter. It is like the depression. Raffles to win butter, like it's some sort of Christmas emper, like it's some sort of special delicacy. Butter frigid spinner. It's not good. It's a sad world we live in now. Marcus. I live one kilometer away from wests and Milk Products who make butter. And you know I'm paying eight fifty for a pound Luxe and has done nothing for this country to text from the coast. Eight fifty pounds it'll go up to thirteen dollars in some places, people asking why some want to call a kid Fenny Marcus. My nephew's name is Bishop, and by no means is he religious. His parents had a fight on their hand when regis during him, but in the end they got their way. Cheers Bishop. They might be into chess. Bishop is the bad name Bishop? Well they've fled up at the old state of origin. There's a fight. Well it's pushing, but it's a fight. You don't know about the name bushop Bishop. I think Fanny used to be quite a popular name in the past, but I think it might have I think it might be short Fenny short for something. I don't know that. I think we get Fanny's on here from time to time, don't we. I still think it's a short form of Francis or a diminutive of France. Was Stephanie and called Stephanie Fenny or Stefania. Yes, it means free one, So there you go. You might want to talk about that. Also, Fanny is a name, but you say it's one of the ones that's benned. How do they ben what we want to call our children? I'll tell you what people don't do much now ballooning. I often think of the Wizard of Oz when balloons first arrived, pre flight, when balloons become big, was everyone buying balloons in their house and just taking off, because it must have seemed been quite incredible that you just go up in the air and fly people privately owned balloons. I was ready about a woman that too in New Zealand and balloons and oh this is quite interesting. I forget what her name was. She has avia tricks and she had two of the country with the balloon.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 2: But the weird thing was to go ballooning, first thing you'd have to do is dig a trench and full of wood and create the hot air for the balloon to go. So it wasn't straightforward because it was They didn't have bottle guests in those days, so yeah, it must have been quite exciting. What her name was Laila Adir, the Aerial Queen. She toured New Zeland in nineteen eighty four. Her as sense were known for mishaps in cleaning a balloon, being blown out under the ring of toeto and think I talk to her channel in Auckland and bursting during a decent in Hamilton. Yeah, I've never heard about this. I was reading a book about Great South Throw the other day, just in the bookshop. Where was that a bookshop? What was I read in that book? Somewhere? Very interesting? I thought it was. But yes, she was like like in the day, ballooning was a big deal. But I'm thinking about the whole of Wizard of Oz because that was how you kind of could go into different worlds because it was a balloon. The Wizard arrived in a balloon, didn't he? But yeah, you might want to talk about that. And June ninete eighty four, American woman Leila add traveled us in and performing acrobatic act on a trapeze bar runner in front of balloon. I was unsuccessful in her master's attempt after the boon caught fire at the park over and then it was abandoned. Apparents is quite compelling, this woman Pixie here caut they say on the articles Good Evening, Jim AT's Marcus, welcome, Hey, MICUs.
Speaker 12: I just want to talk about the game show The Chase.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm across the chase. Yeah yeah yeah. Bradley yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, funny.
Speaker 14: It was one episode here we was talking about an Olympian I think it was or.
Speaker 2: Something fish Finnish Shima or.
Speaker 24: Something Fannish smeller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I don't know that's why the way they banned the name, but that seemed to go viral a with with the Governess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a funny episode.
Speaker 2: And he's you have to be the best quiz host has ever been one. And he's got a tremendous manner about him.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I like him.
Speaker 4: I like as human. He's real funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never lose it to you. You're right, Jim been that touchy guy from Tipping Point, the octopus end all over the contestant. He's terrible for what they call the octopus. I forget his name? Did eyes Pete.
Speaker 23: Marcus here?
Speaker 2: Guy, good Pete, thanks for asking.
Speaker 23: Ye just regaining Ellie with his helipad. You know, even these people think they are they shouldn't even go on.
Speaker 22: To the way.
Speaker 23: It's got to the stage. The character just Jersey walked with the application say sorry, that's a residential area if you want to do that, going by a block of land somewhere out in the country somewhere, but not that much. It's disrespectful. You've got to draw the line in life. And I think these people who think they can do what they like and when they're like he's on the rugby team, now he's going to pull his head in and say no, he's out of line.
Speaker 2: You sound quite sensible on this.
Speaker 23: Pete, Well, what do you think you know? People are doing shift work. You have your washing out there, next minute comes up with his chopper and next minute're going to go. Look, we're gonna go all around the neighbor looks be washing. Its being blown off the line. Who do they even thinking of that idea? Are they normal people? Really?
Speaker 2: You think he's got some sort of lack of perspective for others.
Speaker 12: Definitely.
Speaker 2: So oh, thanks for your passion, Pete. I'm liking this. You ever thought of learning to fly? You ever thought of getting your helicopter license?
Speaker 23: There's a time and a place for everything. I used to go out on the rigs and that when you have a chopper or where you get picked up, you go out to the industrial where your chopper pair is.
Speaker 7: With it exactly.
Speaker 2: You go to some other buildings, not daycares and people playing. Then you get on your hell cut and out to Maui one platform.
Speaker 23: No, I was doing the pipeline from Mary A Mary Beta when they're doing the laying the pipeline and they're dis insulation on some of the one on the aura on that as well. But there's a time and a place, you know, that's where're playing, that's what your airports for, that's where you have helicopter hangars, not in residential area. So the council simply put their application and they say, sorry, we're not even going to proceed it. In the story going for Goings and I said, repeat myself, you're going by a block of the lanes and where you're not disturbing people in the residential area. It's that simple. The ball's going crazy, marketers, really are.
Speaker 2: You're going for count love vote for your peak. You make a lot of sense. You have you ever been to West Mayor.
Speaker 23: No, I have, and I'm messing hearing you from up So I'm actually thinking about it really because we have the same thing in this council here. If these cycle lanes are putting in here. The stain has been in the media a yet I didn't realize there's a meeting on Tuesday. I smoke one of our councilors. They know that I'm against it, but they won't. They don't like guys of common sense. They won't invite you to the meeting.
Speaker 2: Them you make too much sense for them.
Speaker 23: Well, I think that's I think you're dangerous.
Speaker 2: Ah, good on your feet, A siren's Marcus.
Speaker 7: Welcome evening, Marcus.
Speaker 4: How are you you good?
Speaker 2: Yourself?
Speaker 7: All good?
Speaker 14: Not too bad? A little bit upper arms about this butter though, Yes, you know, I'm one of my I'm twenty four now, ah, and I specifically remember being I know, twelve years of age, and butter would have been two dollars forty a block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't think it's cost six five times as much for the farmers to make it.
Speaker 14: Also my point, I think you make it could observations here. You know, even ten years ago, Marcus. You know, supply and demand seemed to be the parameter that by the things we pay for are set, you know, and now it seems that supply and demand doesn't mean anything. Don't mean jack, Well.
Speaker 2: If they can flog it over seas, if they can flog it overseas for higher price, they can, it's crazy, But we.
Speaker 14: Pay the same prices.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: We seem to pay more. It's cheaper in Sydney. Apparently it's it's four dollars.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so what what has gone on? And I mean it's it's totally skill worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the farmers always there's always this love of the farmers, you know, expect their good will, but it'll run out. If people got to pay thirty dollars for butter, the good will's going to go.
Speaker 14: Well, but I don't think. I don't know if it is engineered by the farmers.
Speaker 2: No, but they belong to Fonterra and and you know, and they're always kicking up about costs on the farm and rules and stuff like that, and you know, and they're expecting, they're expecting a febrius sympathy from you know, your average kiwis. But you lose that sympathy when you're paying thirding bucks for butter.
Speaker 14: Well, this is the point is that you know, you look at look at the Australian government. They have a they've got a federal side. Yes, you know, so as soon as you introduce a federal government aspect to the whole picture, well things seem to change quite a lot. And I might not send it to the average purpose. But when you when you hear when you have sort of an entity that can operate outside of the government and start to tap into some of those levers that should be good patted into, changed dramatically. You know, I've just come back from Australia. I'm going, what what is so different about us? And then their economy is booming. You go over there. There is a lot of wealth here. You know that money exists and it is prudent in everyday life. And I've just landed back and I'm going, it's all mineral wealth.
Speaker 2: It's all mineral wealth, though, isn't it. I mean, it's all apart from that, they don't have much else. It's just huge amounts of mineral wealth.
Speaker 14: True, true, But I mean, like, why haven't we why haven't we been mining for the last thirty years?
Speaker 2: I don't think we're blessed in that same way. We're not a massive kind of a desert like they are.
Speaker 14: But but I think I think the question do it literally market? How is it that people outside this country can buy our butter for cheaper than we cand? Is that not morally wrong? Well?
Speaker 2: You reckon that probably be Fontier is not working. Maybe it needs to be broken up.
Speaker 14: Well this is well, yeah, that's that's probably a good point, but it's still it's still like, no, what's happening? Is we the average day New Zealander is getting starsted like Boo blomberates wanting to It's just profiteering, that's.
Speaker 12: All it is.
Speaker 2: And that's why the small towns of the country getting stripped by everyone moving to Australia. They can't see any way out.
Speaker 14: Well, no, this we're getting pleased, weet pleased mst.
Speaker 2: What we're doing in Australia, sir, what we're doing in Australia?
Speaker 14: Holiday or yeah, well I was just going there to visit some family and you know, spend a bit of time.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think are you going to move?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 9: Not at all?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jenny, it's Marcus.
Speaker 15: Hello, Oh good evening, Marcus. I've just seen listen to all the prices of buttrom there, didn't the government appoint a commissioner for looking into all was sort of our overpricing the things and what's ever come up with or looked into anything?
Speaker 2: Always trying to make the supermarkets more competitive. But when you've got a single, a single manufacture of things like butter that's got such a market share. I don't even think a third player in the supermarket business is going to make any difference. I think it's still going to be expensive.
Speaker 15: So why are we paying probably paying and big money for doing what?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I think this is probably even They couldn't fix that because this is I mean, but it's not going to be competitive because Froonter is monopoly. That's my understanding. There's a few other minor manufacturers that make it.
Speaker 16: But so what what sort of.
Speaker 15: Things does he look at or what has he found that is wrongly priced or outpriced store?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I guess he's looking at it.
Speaker 15: It wasn't me to sort of look on the consumer's behalf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's about making sure there's free competition amongst the supermarkets.
Speaker 15: Oh oh, that's not working, is it.
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 15: They all just put their prices up because I know their pans butter, which is nothing wrong with it. It used to be about four dollars sixty amount. It's over eight dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's double.
Speaker 26: It's a short time.
Speaker 24: Yeah, okay, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: That labor might have gone up and feed and stuff. But gog evening, Craig Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 12: Good, here's a go good Craig.
Speaker 27: And yeah, the butter is a little bit expensive. I mean, but I finds quite interesting is where we live in New Zealand and stuff. But it's expensive. Like lamb for roast lamps on Sunday dinners is expensive. Seafood is expensive, and we grow war the ingredients here, so not any butter. It's like a lot of big quality meats and seafood as are expensive as well.
Speaker 2: So if they do defy as logic because everything you think would be cheap is really really expensive, right because they can sell it overseas. That's the trouble with our lamb. You can sell it over you because remember when they stop buying it overseas, we're getting legs of lamb for eight dollars.
Speaker 27: Yeah yeah, and you're like really, yeah, that wasn't there a isn't there a place down I'm at bit unsure of the details, but down in west like down the west of the South Island, there's a community called West Gold or something makes butter. They're shipping containers of butter overseas.
Speaker 2: For certain I think the Chinese bought it. I think it's the Okay, so that's theirs. They can do with it what they want.
Speaker 27: But yeah, yeah, they would explain. I thought, well, you know, you think, well maybe there's a demand for butter, and you bet the prices, you think they've be able to sell it locally and try and compete with Fonterra. But if it's owned by Chinese coming.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that a bit of fact check that, because you've got to be careful.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Westland Milk Products a dairy company based in Hokit ticket News. It has been known by the Chinese dairy company Yearly Group since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 27: Okay, well that makes sense, but yeah, I've got a right of mind. Lives in Springs and he said, can.
Speaker 4: Buy in New Zealand butter.
Speaker 27: They're cheaper than here. When you work out the exchange rate, you think Ella Springs is pretty much off the beat and track.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean, yeah, it's going to have to go on it's going to go on truck, I go on rail. It might but it's expensive to get there.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Yeah, And I was looking that game really and where I live in the White Shadow, I'm sort of only about probably ten k's away from the Fontier effectory.
Speaker 2: You know, crazy. What's he doing in LS Springs? Anything interesting?
Speaker 3: No, noa day.
Speaker 27: He's got a job over there as an electrician in one of the one of the companies that does work for one of the mines over there.
Speaker 2: Could be raking it in.
Speaker 27: Oh yeah, he's basically over there with they supply more food and accommodation for freezers. But they're just trying to wreckon enough money to come back to New Zealand and buy a house because it's so expensive.
Speaker 2: How how many years are going to take him to get a house?
Speaker 27: I have no idea. I had another friend of mine when I got ten years ago, we to do buy four five, sorry, sixty years and he came back. He did enough money to buy a house and Orkham cash because obviously because they've got free medical and everything over everything's free and all that. So but yeah, so a lot of things.
Speaker 2: What was it what was his than Dubai?
Speaker 27: It was on it doing computer software development and stuff like that. So that's always a specialized field. But you think it's pretty bad and you've got to go all the way to another country right on the outther side of the world. You get enough money, sess, buy a house in your own country.
Speaker 2: Crazy, it's not working, Craig, thank you some good points nine thirty half thirty past half past eleven final school state of origin, New South Wales twenty six Queensland, Sex. That's that they've gone two out of two. Good game btw it sure, that's I always get caught out because it's only thirty five and it halves evening Shaw and Marcus welcome.
Speaker 19: Price of butter high up and shut up because what we did for our butter is based on overseas price and it's all income. It is an exporting nation short.
Speaker 2: Sure, and people can't afford it. So you know, we get we get degradation of our farmland, we get rivers, we can't swim, and and we can't afford butter. So you know, it's not really working for people to fontierror model. See, you can't say put up and shut up because a lot of people aren't actually making money from the economic miracle. So and that's not what the people in the supermarket are saying. You going to tell them that they can't afford butter, that they've got to put up and shut up because it's going to go down pretty well. People had a guts full of paying thirteen pounds dollars for five hundred grams. Anyway, off you go twenty eight away from twelve. If you want to come through, my name is Marcus. Welcome helicopters and names and butter. I know all these people are trying to extend butter and do stuff like that with it. I was kind of interested in that person that had butter that a butter warmer to make it go further. And I'm thinking, actually, I don't love butter because butterque often goes rents it. You notice that I can't stand butter if it's sort of I've got a sort of a super taste when it comes to butter, so I occasionally use it, but I'm not a big fan of it. That's my take on butter. A ton of texts, Marcus. The possum in the powered pole was too sal that's why it's gone out. Should have mentioned earlier. Thank you for that, Marcus. I'm thinking butter might be best shaped in an ingot. These days, the prices are just wrong, and usen we should never have to cower at buy at buying butter eggs, milk, and bread. Keep the helicopters away from the housing. If they have that much money, move to the country and have as many as you want, Sam Marcus, a bottle of wine is cheap than a pound of butter. A seskin? What's seskin? Marcus, you're talking about the balloon travel reminded me of the Hindenburg disaster. We're a couple that survived the Titanic only to end up on the Hindenburg twenty five years later, and Die doesn't even know about the story. I've never heard that story. I'd love to know more about that, Marcus. I've been eating butter for years. But yes, I've bought a large march for half the price of a pound of butter. Jenny. Yeah, people aren't happy. Remember when cheese and butter with staples are not luxuries. Pepperidge Farm remembers Marcus what to object to the most, how people are gambling using butter or using butter as a currency that Lato drawn the bonus number goes back to the nineties. Oh, I'm not a poster all. I think it's fantastic. I just want to know how it works. I'm just curious to know how the system works. Think you buy tickets and you go to Costco. Marcus put a five hundred g of soften buttered to a cake mix with pharograms of milk and beat that till it's creamy, and you'll double your butter. It really works. Cheers and Marcus that seven four seven present to be converted to the Air Force. One will take an ungoldly amount of time and money to complete the US Air Force. Are we have to under construction? It's a pretty and piece that They're a pretty impressive piece of kit. Yeah. Trump happens to have it flying by the end of the year, but there's a lot of avionics needs to go in it, all sorts of stuff. It's it's not a quick convert. As butter has increased in price, I've made a promise and told others that when it's the same price as the Danish lupak, but I'm buying Danish. I remember when there were coupons in the South in times for three founded butter for ninety nine cents. Wally Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 9: Oh here, damn Marcus.
Speaker 2: Good Wally, are you going all right?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I'm do any dancing tonight, just tending the night off good butter, butter, butter water water water. People paid two over two dollars for a bottle of water.
Speaker 2: Oh they're mad.
Speaker 9: I've had butter for the last couple of years. I'd just use avocados or peanut butter or something like that.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 9: Also, you can if you're not happy with something, buy shares in the company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you. But people won't have the money to buy shares. They're just trying to save up to buy butter.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah, you just got to learn how to budget.
Speaker 2: I suppose what happened to this fonterier shares. The fire farmers were opposed to that when they came in. I don't know what happened to those.
Speaker 12: At the end.
Speaker 9: I'm just looking at the graph Fontier. At the moment, it was on five dollars generary January, February, March and Febry was on five dollars, and it's now on six dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about over what about over ten years time?
Speaker 9: It carries up and down with the price of butter.
Speaker 2: I think it's quite communicated because there's farmers. Yeah, okay, it's quite communicated that the frontier shoe model.
Speaker 9: I think but I've also bought shares in power companies. I get sick opone and power Bull. Say you buy shares in the power company and they send your dividends and you pay for the power of that. Oh yeah, I'm also buying shares of en Z and me really yes, tell me more about this.
Speaker 2: This will be interesting.
Speaker 9: You're going to have a meeting in a couple of weeks time. Yeah, but I quite like your show, Marcus.
Speaker 2: What do you think is going to happen at the meeting in a couple of weeks time?
Speaker 9: You make me smile. There'll be a few big changes, I'd.
Speaker 2: Say, hasn't it already been resolved?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've already. I think they've already got the directors and all that. All the directors sort it out.
Speaker 2: I think they've got haven't they got that National Party guy coming Seawan Stephen Joyce Joyce?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think he's going to be the big big man there, I think.
Speaker 2: So what's he going to do? Who's he going to fire?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 9: I'll just when they have the meeting. They they just voted whoever's going to be voted in.
Speaker 2: But how are they going to how are they going to increase the profitability from ends and me, what will they be doing?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought you might have. I thought you might have some ideas if you're a shoe older.
Speaker 9: I've only just bought shares in the last three or four weeks. I'm just talking because when I buy shares, I look at the what the yields? Pain and all that. I said, look not pun too bad a yield?
Speaker 2: What do you hope to happen? Media companies aren't with what they were ten years ago, and I'll just I'll just.
Speaker 9: Go back and have a look in said me. Hang on, wait, yeah, let's go to the chart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're working that app well, Okay, ten years ago, I was on forty seventy seventy was it?
Speaker 9: Two thousand and seventeen was on fifty cents? Two thousand and it's double, yes, a son of a dollar, and twenty twenty was right down to twenty five cents.
Speaker 2: I think, okay.
Speaker 9: I then from there, from twenty twenty to twenty twenty two went up to dollars sixty or dollars seventy.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure how I feel about shareholders as talkback callers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be going on about it.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Why it's nice to hear from your forty three eleven forty three Joan Marcus.
Speaker 11: Welcome, Hello Marcus. I've got a friend, she's late eighties and I was talking to her yesterday it was her birthday. But she uses a pound of butter a week on her toast and sandwiches. Cooking. She uses a pound of butter a week. She got no weight, no cholesterol, and she's healthy. And that's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: What do you do with if you cook with it and have it as a spread on toast sandwich?
Speaker 11: I mean, I love butter. I love the smell and taste of butter, but I limit my butter. But she's extremely well and butter is more of a natural than a margarine or olivio. Olivio spread would be better than margarine. But I used to churn butter on the farm because we didn't have bought butter on the farm in North Canterbury.
Speaker 2: But you can say it's natural, but it's meant for a young calf, isn't it.
Speaker 11: The milk, yeah, yes, but we do have milk. I have the light blue milk for everything.
Speaker 2: I just when people say things like it's more natural, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 11: Well, the butter is better. Well that margarine, that's.
Speaker 2: What that's what the that's what the marketing board would lead you to believe.
Speaker 11: But yeah, but margarine wasn't very good when it first came in though, was it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, And I know there's all this thing against seed oils, But when it comes to what's more natural, I guess that's the debate that's up for it, Joan. But it's interesting what you make with the pound. Mike Marcus, welcome, Oh hi.
Speaker 26: Marcus, how are you good?
Speaker 19: Mike?
Speaker 26: Yeah, hey, Look that's the thing. It's just nonsense, absolute nonsense.
Speaker 22: Okay.
Speaker 26: If you are somebody that goes to a bakery and you like your songs, yeah you're going to be paying fifty percent more.
Speaker 21: Or more.
Speaker 27: It's just crazy.
Speaker 26: I can't see why. It's something that is produced in this country is now unaffordable for the people in this country.
Speaker 27: It is crazy.
Speaker 26: I mean I went to a supermarket today. Am I allowed to say the supermarkets?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 26: Please, I can say, Oh, they've just had heads on the we're the last year we have.
Speaker 24: Been the lowest price per basket.
Speaker 26: You know, for the last two three years, a block of butter Hams brand just knocking on the door of keen dollars unbelievable and to me that is criminal. So what is our Minister of Grocery doing.
Speaker 2: They seem they seem to have no idea about it. They've got no idea about cost delivery.
Speaker 26: No, they have no idea because they're in La la land. They've been paid by US voters and tax payers and don't go to the supermarket probably, I'm saying, and they just have no idea of the chast cost of food items. I'm just besides myself. I mean, I'm an eat cheer for twenty six years and I'll tell you what, No way would you use butter in the bloody kitchen because of the senior food costs right out the window?
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I'm just dismayed besides myself.
Speaker 22: And feel sorry for the rest of the population in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Cheers Mike. I found very interesting that what people did about but people see to be furious about butter.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus Slash Nights, listen live to us talks. There'd be from eight pm weekdays or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio,