Speaker 1: Life for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra of the Beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Thursday, the twentieth of June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next sport a Culture.
Speaker 3: Good morning man, he good morning when I Stewart, thanks having me on the Agenda Podcast.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming. And we are actually heading to your neck of the woods for the Export Ultra pregame ahead of the All Blacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well in your neck of the Woods as.
Speaker 1: Well for a while. I went down there the other day. I saw that. I have a look around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a different It's a different hospitality environment down there, isn't it these days?
Speaker 1: Because when what were the bars there? When you were down there?
Speaker 3: I was big on the cook Yeah, the Empire, the Crown and the Guardis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Guardis so Gardi's finished just before I start.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, the Guardis was leading to do this so big. There's always a good time at the Guardis.
Speaker 1: Looked I went. I yeah, I never went into the Guardians, but I was. There were a few parties on like sort of castle in the adjacent area that I was there or thereabouts, But I was saying Elaine yesterday that did a real outstanding move from their behalf from the fun Police's behalf where they said final party on Saturday, everyone come and then shut it on the Friday.
Speaker 4: Oh wag.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there's a misunderstanding of why people go to a Tuger university from the university itself, so they keep shutting down all the bars and turning them into the facilities for the university. If you're going to go to a university, you're going to go to a better university than that. You know, Like, if you're going to go out of your way to go to university, you're not going to go to the one hundred and fifty thousands rated best universe in the in the world. But if you're going to go to just suck up the student life and go to the bars, It's not like the students stopped.
Speaker 4: Drinking, No, they just drunk at hut.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know that's the part that I don't understand. You haven't solved the problem, I've just forced it underground. Yeah, people still think that way. Yeah, it's like all the woke stuff that's got that you know happened a few for the last few years, and then Trump gets voted back and again and they're like, well, hang on, well I thought no one thought that. No, no, no, you just made it so unpopular for people to be able to People still think these things. People still think o targos, go there and pass up university. I gotta be honest with you. When people ask me what I studied at otag A University, I say a Bachelor of Beer Drinking, because I don't even remember what my fucking degree was. Yeah, I've got a degree from there as well.
Speaker 3: My son's looking at going the next year actually go and he went down there for the you know, for the orientation, not the orientation what it's called, I nd the look around, the open day or whatever. Yeah, and all the reasons why he wants to go there, and it goes there's so many people in my age there looks so good man and the halls of residents look like a lot of fun, And you're like, everything you're talking about is about fun, yes, and you're right. And also I think that there's a lot of people who when you leave high school, you get no idea what you want to do anyway, yea.
Speaker 1: And yeah, pass around if you take another three years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pass around before you face life. I mean you'll run up a mess of debt, but that's all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will never affect you. Then it's interest free throwing out. Let's go for it and you can get under one sharing run afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, find yourself, find yourself, find yourself some other people. So we're down the Daneedan pregames. Of course it's the thirtieth anniversary of the Baan murders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure I didn't get a chance to listen to the show this morning, but sure, I'm sure it didn't go unaddressed. Yeah, we had a little bit of a chat about it.
Speaker 3: It's there's actually been a there's a sort of a Baine generator and there's been a mix between Jeremy Wells and Bain that's been posted up on the Met and Jerry's.
Speaker 1: Socialism, so it's quite fit.
Speaker 4: It actually works quite well.
Speaker 1: Strangely. Well, I think it's a long face. Yeah, yeah, it's like a long slender face. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, well New Zealand, Well Well doned never get past Bain, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's always there's always going to be linked intrinsically.
Speaker 1: What is it about. It's it's the murder mystery. It was it was the murder dock before murder docks were a thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there was the paper run and there was there was a lot, a lot to do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My mate's dad was the first office there. Yeah, so I guess like everyone would have had a similar Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everyone in Dunedin is linked in some way to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of people from Denedon that think he was innocent oddly. No, well I just sort of think like you, me and Adam are sitting in this room recording this podcast right now. Yeah, and if somebody walked in and Glane walked in later on and Adam was alive and the two of us had been killed, Yeah, I think he'd be right to assume Adam did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean he's definitely got to be on the list. Yeah, the last one left alive is definitely on the list.
Speaker 1: That's my general theory is, don't overthink these things.
Speaker 3: And look, I just say that if you're going to try and get someone off and protect them because they're the last one that's going to be a live handwritten note is the way to go, not the computer note that you were the only one that deserve to live.
Speaker 1: I mean that.
Speaker 3: Seems I mean far up a computer. It takes freacking ages. Just just get out of pen and paper, Robin's if you want to let if you want to get David off, it would be so easy just to use your provable handwriting, Yeah, rather than the computer that had a really weird message that made it seemed like David Main wrote it.
Speaker 1: And I saw an article in the Herald this morning. Did they talk to him? Maybe? Did they interview him? I think he's living in way Eto. Yeah, I'm gotta be honest, I'd probably go a bit further.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well he headed to Australia for a bit. Then he's come home. He's changed his name again. Yeah, I mean obviously his wife thinks he didn't do it. Yes, you'd hope, I mean one if you ever asked any really tough questions.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you know. So he goes out to play golf when he comes home a little later than he said he was going to, and this kicks off a little bit of a Yeah, you never stack the dish, wash it and you never make the bit and you're always leaving your washing all over the floor. Yeah, and you killed your whole family like it must come up.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been in a number of relationships with women and I've never been. I'm not saying i've been, you know, above repute, but you know my experience, your significant other is not one to bring up.
Speaker 1: You know they're gonna bring up everything. Oh yeah, they're gonna break everything from years and years and years ago.
Speaker 3: And then suddenly come on, oh you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Bring that up? Are yet? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that where this argument's going?
Speaker 1: Is it by sitting in the car after like a heated argument and it's quite quiet, and she goes, she's going to k I could murder a family. It's that they always just come up. You think you've gotten away with stuff, yeah, in a relationship, but it always comes back up your great memories anytime. So this is something that happened to me the other day. I was talking to someone, I think it was actually Chris Key, was saying that he hates the ways missus stacks the dishwasher, so it doesn't let her, he'll just do it. Yeah yeah, And I said, man, my missus, we stack the dishwasher completely differently, and it's fine. Neither of us care about it. And then a light bulb went off in my brain, Oh, this drives your nuts. She just hasn't said anything about it, and so I asked her. Sure enough, she's just like, yeah, it really pisses me off. Do he stacked the dishway What are you doing? She's a it's the cutlery primarily, when the thing goes up or down. Yeah, I'm it down. Pull it out by the handle, put it in by that.
Speaker 3: I've been accused of using the dishwasher as like a storage device so I don't have to clean something. So I put a pot through there that's definitely not going to get cleaned in the dishwasher. You have to stop gap measure between the pot being in the sink and the pot eventually being cleaned.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking about to see ow that do. I said, well, just leave.
Speaker 4: It in three or four rotations of the dishwasher. Eventually that pot will become clean.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's a real short term solution because you're like, the problem I have is the kitchen looks messy. Yeah, if I take all that mess and just put it in here, just wed.
Speaker 3: It in the dishwasher with no chance of the dishwasher being able to clean it all.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a kitchen with two dishwashers the draws, Well, no, I've seen a video of a guy explaining why you should have two dishwashers, right, and you don't have cupboards and you just run everything out of the dishwasher. Oh yeah, So at any given point, there's a clean and a dirty dishwasher that's brilliant, and so you just pull all this stuff out of the clean one sense.
Speaker 4: It's basically having drawers that can also clean the dishes.
Speaker 1: Once it's finished, then it goes into the dirty one. Then they reverse roles. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I for a while had a dishwasher with two draws and they both obrated. Yeah right, but the bottom I'm broken. I never got to fix because it's like, who I mean, We've still got a dishwasher running. Yeah, so I can't to be bothered fixing, you know, like my lacy dis kicked in there, and I never enjoyed the full, the flawed glory.
Speaker 4: Of the two dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another story I saw when I was flicking through the papers this morning was sale GPS not going to be back in Littleton.
Speaker 4: Do we put we put on the bloody hard Yeah, it's down there, didn't we.
Speaker 1: We did everything we could. Are we to blame for this?
Speaker 4: I mean partially?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we did.
Speaker 3: We did a few crimes on the red carpet, I guess, oh yeah, yeah. But I thought your explanation of how it worked would have kept it going for a number of years. When you got the look you got out on that, I thought that was that was actually very impressive.
Speaker 1: A lot of people, yeah, a lot of people have said that's a bit. They didn't understand how it worked, and so I put a couple of bottle caps on the yeah table.
Speaker 4: I totally explained it. It was a fantastic event.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's just the shredding of the dolphins potential, just one shread of dolphin if that ever happened, would the end of it?
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're kind of living in a time when everything's just becomes a massive argie bargie.
Speaker 1: Everyone argues about it, and then.
Speaker 3: Who knows who's right, and then no one can be fuck doing anything anymore, and then they take it overseas and just take Saudi money and everyone's happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred for the slaves. Yeah. So the other part of it is that they're thinking about going to Auckland. But that was the whole reason it was in Christier last year because that fell apart. Is anywhere else in New Zealand we could have it because I'd love to put it on Lake What at Tippoo?
Speaker 3: Oh, it'd be great down in Lake what a Tapoo? Yeah, what a good time. I mean, bit risky and what you put you to need? And I tell you that's that that that's a that's a changeable climb.
Speaker 1: You don't want to base them out of Andy Bay down there of Port Charmers, off Port Charmers. Yeah, maybe you could put the Aussies over at Portobello so we don't have to deal with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Auckland seems like the obvious one. But there's some kind of issues with some contamination of some shirt or some problem.
Speaker 1: More irradiated soils. Yeah, I mean, no one cares.
Speaker 3: I mean the whole thing is you've got a bunch of people that are hitting down to get absolutely fricking steamed and watch yachting and drink everything they can and hopefully listen to some shape Shifter if that shape Shifter had been booked for Auckland as well, which fantastic. Anytimes you get to watch shape Shifter is a good one. Yeah, and everyone's worried about but a contamination. These are people that are drinking, you know, pass and you're worried that they might be standard in some slightly contaminated soil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I don't give a shit.
Speaker 3: They are literally going there to poison themselves whe they watch yotting.
Speaker 1: It's like telling a person who's smoking how bad the cigarettes are. They know, yeah, they don't. That's the reason that none of these anti smoking campaigns are going to work. It's like, yeah, I know, I know this is bad for me. I'm not doing it because I think it's good for me, and I think that it should be similar to rugby. I think that most things in our world these days, it should just be like, all right, the ground is contaminated. You tell people that, but look, we're still going to put the event on. I just want to let you know you could get croaked because the ground here isn't contaminated. And if you're okay with that, then you should be allowed to do it, shah. Same thing with the head knocks. Hey, you might not be able to remember where your keys are when you're forty. Yeah, but you will also get paid millions of dollars to players a game. Yeah, for a job.
Speaker 3: How about we just pay them more to cover the head knocks so they can get someone that walks around writing down pits of information that they need to remember.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: The problem is the murders that can sometimes oh yeah, CT can sometimes get you christ Yeah, it sort of happened a little bit, hasn't it. You could sometimes get a bit murdery.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's not just forgetting where your keys are.
Speaker 4: You can start to just get.
Speaker 1: A little bit murdery. Yeah, Aaron Hernandez I think maybe. Well, I mean, but that's not gonna happen with the contaminated soil for sal gp. No. No, we're just like, look, just do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just we just need to have a bit of a let's just do it and see what Heaven's kind of vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring that back.
Speaker 4: There's too many people. There's too many.
Speaker 3: It's like mum and dad, you know, don't go out and play in the snow because it's too cold, put a jacket on.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, but it's fucking fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is what we've thought cold, we might get sick.
Speaker 3: We love a rule in this country ship we love and we're not We're not removing any I mean, this is the thing. We just keep adding more and more, you know. I reckon this, we should decide on a set number of rules. And I think this is the same thing for rugby union. A hundred, one hundred rules and that's it. If you add another one, you got to remove one. Yeah, because because it's kind of like when you build cities and top cities and top of cities and top of cities and certainly there's a sinkhole and you not right back down and where the roads were.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, exact hundred rules and that's it. Yeah, because I was thinking even last night, I couldn't find a park for this basketball my social basketball games. But then there was like on the on the footpath acres of room too. And in any other country those would be filled with people would just parked the car wherever they could fit it. Yeah, yeah, But in New Zealand, we're like, nah, that's not a park.
Speaker 4: Because I mean the pedestrian can still get round.
Speaker 1: Also, there are no pedestrians.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no pedestrians, and if one should ever come along, then there is room for them to just shimmy around your car. And so the joy and the potential health benefits of the country of you being involved in something physical, that's what we should all be doing. We should all be facilitating people being physical because then they cost less later in life because they're more healthy.
Speaker 4: They just let them park on the pavement.
Speaker 1: Who goes a shirt, goes a shirt? Yeah, loving no more rules.
Speaker 4: If you're today, you'll think about making a rule.
Speaker 1: Don't no rules, no more else. This is our new rule, no more else, no more rules. Super Rugby this season has done this thing where they are announcing team lists on like a Wednesday. I quite like it. Yeah, I like it as well. Gives us something to talk about. Yeah. And the big story out of last night's teamless for the Super Rugby Grand Final is that Patrick Twey blow to Evan Shelton. One News has made a miraculous recovery. It has been two weeks since an mcl injury ruled him out of Super Rugby, and all of a sudden he's back it's incredible. It is incredible, fantastic for the Blues and suspicious.
Speaker 4: Did you reckon Rested?
Speaker 1: Did he No? I don't think rested. I think he's still fucked. He's still buggered. But he just knows he smells a chance here and wants to be and he should be allowed to And this is again my head knock issue. If this was a head knock, he wouldn't have been allowed to come Oh. Yeah, because it's a knee injury, he is allowed to come back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, boy boy. This is an exciting final to it. You know, sold out in hours, and that's because a lot of people are fanging up the motorway from down there in the White Cattle.
Speaker 1: So I'd be interested to see the percentage of crowd. I think it could be fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: I think it will be yeah, And you know, you know, a white kettle fan will burn the cow bell and so fifty to fifty is noise wise, you know, eight twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: And the passion if you see the passion that you get from the likes of g Lane and mccony, you know, if you if you get if you get twenty five thousand imagine getting five thousand g Lanes and Mconi's in the stadium.
Speaker 1: The Chief's manner, one is enough, Yeah, one g Lane is enough.
Speaker 3: Do we know is he is he booked in as g Lane booked into commentator or.
Speaker 1: Is he going on to the ground he has booked in to commentate.
Speaker 3: That'll be a huge boon for the for the Chiefs. Yeah, because the grum reper of sport being along bit disaster.
Speaker 1: Well, this was an interesting thing that I tried to bring up with Gelane, but it's a bit too sensitive a topic for him. If he attended the game, would the g Lane curse be in effect because he's supporting his team who are on the road, but they are in his current hometown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the tenants of the curse are that he has to travel away to his watch his team play. Yes, so his team traveling to where he is. I think it would be fine.
Speaker 1: I think it's fine too. I think that's okay. I think it's kosher. So he could actually probably go.
Speaker 3: But now it doesn't matter when a curse, When you get accused of a curse, people just break the rules. They make up the rules as they go along, just to blame you, they'll turn on they'll.
Speaker 4: Turn on you. I think it's a freaking exciting.
Speaker 3: Final and I think both teams and I think that's great that the Chiefs beat that Hurricanes last week. Yes, because it just flipped the narrative and the fact that the Chiefs lost to the Blues thirty one seventeen three weeks ago. I don't think that makes any freaking difference. I think I think it's going to be a really freaking tough game, and I think just I just think that the Blues forwards, it's a classic battle. You've got big Blues forwards that are just going to rumble it up the guts and you've just got all the show time in the back for the Chiefs. The razzle dazzle versus up the guts. I mean it's not that Mark Tillier doesn't have razzle dazzel. There is razzle dazzel in the Blues as well. There's dazzle to be rezled, but they are liking just to absolutely smash it up the guts at the moment.
Speaker 1: Does it mean anything for Boden Barrett's career if the Blues win this in his absence? Is it because Bill Simmons has got the Patrick Ewing theory, which is where a star player leaves the team and somehow the team gets better. Yeah. That happens all the time, it does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it also happens in movies, you know, like when the were wolf can't play for whatever reason and then you realize that the that the basketball team has got better in their own right and they actually need to learn to win without depending on the on the were Wolf.
Speaker 1: The Superpowerless Friendship, Yeah, there's superpowers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, and each one of them's got a specialty that you've seen once during during them during the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. We've got it.
Speaker 3: It's going to be interesting at pubs because the Warriors right there, Warriors kick off at five, Yeah, and there could be depending on how long the Warriors game goes, because there's two hours.
Speaker 1: To get that done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you Mentionine, you're at a pub and you're trying to turn the Wars off to turn the Blues Chiefs on.
Speaker 1: Well, the good thing about league is it never takes longer than two hours. They don't stop the clock for anything. Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: And you don't have zombie football at the end when it finishes. Just one of the greatest things about league.
Speaker 1: When it's over, it's fucking over. It's basically everything that's done the last ten years to be like, how do we not stop the clock? Yeah, game time the whole time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that's a good point. So two hours is enough time to get through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, and it's but it's a great Saturday of sport though. From four o'clock you're just rolling through until nine o'clock and if you were in Aucklander, you've got a chance for two wins. Yeah, which is powerful stuff. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk a little bit of boxing. Because yesterday Gelane and I went along to a press conference. I saw him in your office yesterday. But David Nyuka had a press conference yesterday. Did he come in on your show?
Speaker 3: He came in on a show today, actually today, he was in yesterday and then he came back today. He's actually a friend of the show. We've got him on for years and years since he was the amateur, and I think Jeremy's got a.
Speaker 1: Bit of a boner for him.
Speaker 3: Oh, because he's just a ridiculously He is a ridiculously good looking man, ridiculously talented, fucking lovely and super smart.
Speaker 4: I mean, he is the best of us.
Speaker 3: In fact, when he came in for the photos today, because the last photo was in with him, I looked like a little troll.
Speaker 4: I looked like a subspecies.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like there was a time when there was full humans and then.
Speaker 3: There was these kind of little I think they were called the floras, which were kind of Hobbit type, disgusting trolly, hobbit type people, And I looked like a disgusting trolley hobbit type person. So I stood on some books beside him, just just to not just not lock so shit beside him.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you look like the evolution of man. You were like the the way through.
Speaker 3: I like the one that needed to just go extinct really quickly to allow the proper species to come through.
Speaker 4: Because he's just he's just he's just too it's too good.
Speaker 3: And the fact that he's fucking lovely and lives rurally and changs to chickens like as well as that part of it, he likes to have the quiet life as well.
Speaker 1: There's a few people I know that would love to see him, watch him feed those chickens. I think, oh absolutely.
Speaker 3: It was Rocky two way where Rocky decided to train with chickens.
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: And like there's always an every Rocky movie there's a stupid thing where he has to do some training thing. One of them the meat, yeah, and the second one he had to try and catch chickens because that showed how fast you are on the feet, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if Nick Nigga's doing that or not, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he has launched his road to the title. He wants to be the cruiseweight champion of the world. I looked up who the current cruiseweight champion of the world is, No idea never heard him. Four of them, four different belts. Fucking confusing? Is that? It is so confusing? Usk in the heavyweight when he beat Tyson Fury recently, he unified all the belts. So he's now got all of them. Yeah, And we launched a campaign on this podcast and melt the belt, melt it down. We just got one, just one freaking bout make it more easy for everyone.
Speaker 4: I mean, if anyone has seen how much.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 3: I mean not for the actual athletes, but the UFC just works where you just got one thing, you know.
Speaker 1: And you go and watch the UFC. Yeah, you don't have to. It's like who's on or whatever it is. I'm just watching the UFC. So boxing needs a little bit of that. But he's announced a fight for the fourteenth of September. No opponents sit yet. I think they know who it is, they just haven't announced it.
Speaker 4: You know who it is? He swore he didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, I think there'll be negotiations. It'll be one of a couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon, But also I wouldn't we wouldn't have heard of them. Whoever it is. Yeah, that doesn't really matter, the fifteenth ranked cruise away in the world. But excitingly to me, there are going to be charity slash celebrity fights on the undercartah, which I like the way the boxing is going in this I was just sort of thinking, who would you like to see on the undercard?
Speaker 3: Well, I reckon the first one that springs to mind as Lux and Hearts.
Speaker 4: I reckon Lux and v Heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, settle at once and.
Speaker 3: At once one who was who and have them in one place together at the same time, you know, because has anyone ever seen those two together?
Speaker 1: I haven't. No, I have seen Lee Heart.
Speaker 3: And Leehart is such a brilliant businessman, and he's got so many pots on the fire, so many fingers in pie. It wouldn't surprise me if he was just running a sneaky prime minister ship on the on the side is just one of as many ventures.
Speaker 1: Sausages. He's going to run a political TV show.
Speaker 4: He's running the country, you know, like I can imagine that.
Speaker 1: So does that mean At one point, while Lee Hart was doing the radio show, he was also in charge of their New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, and it was going really well when he was in charge. You know, Snacker Champion chips are New Zealand flights.
Speaker 1: Oh shit.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to be one of those fucking conspiracy but do your own ress. I see for it down Hoyt Hosking. I think that would be a good one.
Speaker 1: I've wanted this for the longest though. I think Hoyt Hosking would be equal parts are very sad spectacle to watch, yeah, but also very funny. And I really couldn't tell you who's going to win.
Speaker 4: So such such skinny legs.
Speaker 3: Leeheart would insist on playing at boxing and pants, wouldn't he?
Speaker 1: No, j Sorry, yeah, yeah, they would both box and jeans, the.
Speaker 3: Box and jeans. Jason's got a big retound upper body. He's got quite a lot of upper body string.
Speaker 1: He's bigger than Husky.
Speaker 4: He is bigger than Hosking.
Speaker 3: I mean, i'd be I'd be barring some kind of humiliation that normally Jason Hoyd experiences, some humiliation you couldn't expect when it comes to a sporting event like as you know, pads slipping around the back and then not being able to run through for quite a simple single running out. I would say that Het would hands Hosking is ass I.
Speaker 1: Like to think so too. Yeah, now the lung compare that he's going to be an issue for Jays of course. Yeah. A lifetime on the darts, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, so many darts, so many many darts, and I don't think well. I was at the Radio Awards the other day and Reggie, who was the person that hired me for Hodeki all those years ago, he was talking about when he used to piste around with Hosking back and Dunedin back in the day when Hosking was first coming up in radio, and he said that Hosking drove a really old school Jaguar. He dressed like Paddington Beer. And this is Hosking when he was nineteen dressed like Paddington Beer, with a with a like a fool like a vest and like double breasted jacket with multi colors, and sometimes he'd wear like a crocheted vest with a jacket.
Speaker 4: But as a nineteen year old he was smoking.
Speaker 3: A pipe, so he has done some damage drawings, but also very pretigious. I mean, what kind of man is driving a Jaguar and smoking a pipe and wearing a crocheted vest with a jacket at nineteen A virgin?
Speaker 1: That's a virgin. But I think that you're right. I actually do think that Jace would win this. But you're so right. There's so much footage of Jason in athletic events, the bull riding footage that we just that just resurfaced the other week where he was on the mechanical bull and just slid off the pads, falling off, running people out, all these kinds of things. I think that if Hosking had been films doing as many athletic endeavors, there'd be that much footage of him too. Yeah, yeah, that's true. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So at least Jason Hoyd has been involved in athletic activities that he's humiliated himself, and which is one step ahead of just not being involved in the athletic activities at All's I know some intel on one of the fights that was brought together, but it has has has failed.
Speaker 1: Head.
Speaker 3: Yes, the great pairing between Jeremy Wells and Dom Harvey.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was put in the middle of the negotiations of that briefly. Briefly so I don't know if it was for this, but it was a charity fight, and and Jeremy said his response, where the fuck would I'd bother doing that when I could just be going doing something else. Yeah, for Jeremy, there was no He doesn't need to increase his profile. He's on seven sharp pissing around Hillarly Bowry every night.
Speaker 1: There's no win there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there is a loss. Yeah, there's a potential loss. And Tom Harvey is just gonna be so freaking fat, isn't he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Jerry, Jerry in his own right foot, but very very dangerous.
Speaker 4: Actually, that's true.
Speaker 3: No, Jerry is constantly running every day, but he pumps a lot of tin. I can imagine Jerry, if he actually agreed to do it, you wouldn't want to fight him, because if he gets focused in on something, you know, he can become very very good at it. If he generally doesn't give a fuck about anything, his results sort of just tiptoes through life in a sort of Laise Fair fashion. But I imagine if he was going to fight Tom Harvey.
Speaker 1: Then he would he would take it pretty serious, woul take it pretty siously, get quite good at it. Quite bare not gonna.
Speaker 3: Happen because he can't be faked and he doesn't need it. Yeah, And I think he just said, I'll just give them money to charity, sort of under you know, when you got there as much money as well as you can, just sort of write a check and go and get rid of them. They can't even run the charity vibe. And he goes, yeah, I'll write how much. Yeah, you know, I won't lower myself to how much do I give to the chief executive to pugilism?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, But give us a message on the old voicemail let us know who you'd like to see in the celebrity undercard. Raphael font de Mayor. Have you heard of this guy?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 1: He is an eighteen year old French swimmer. He just qualified for the Paris Olympics in six weeks time and the one hundred meters freestyle. And I thought you'd appreciate this through because he immediately turned a victory into a loss. And that is one of the tenets of the ACCI. We love doing it. We're probably the best, certainly the best team.
Speaker 3: When we won Best Podcast for this very podcast. Exactly where you're sitting was where Glane's turning that victory into loss ended up in a sort of pathetic heap of just right there on that couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that was the latest in a long string of any time we went an award, anytime we lose an award, Yeah, massively turning it into two a victory into a loss. This eighteen year old French swimmer, Raphael. He immediately celebrated by slapping the water and dislocated his shoulder. Oh Jesus, he popped his left shoulder out. He now has six weeks to recover before he swims in one hundred meters at the Paris Olympics. Wow. So wow. Is that a bigger victory into a loss than g Lane? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think Ballinger the Bally for the Dodgers, who celebrated a home run by jumping up and banging his shoulder into another player put his shoulder out and it took it's taken three years to get his career back.
Speaker 1: Was there a picture better he is aboutter? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's now fantastic again. But he ended up losing his position at the Dodgers. He just couldn't hit anything, and it was like, you just over celebrated their own run, mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so far along for the Melbourne Storm did it on the weekend as well. He did a big swan dive and landed on the balls. Oh yeah, I saw that as a coach killer. I enjoyed that, absolute coach killer. All right, let's get into a sick just before we move on from that. Have you seen the movie Under Paris?
Speaker 3: No, So, it's it's this fantastic movie that postulates that sharks get up the sin and so this in a preparation for the Olympics that we're talking about. They're putting on a triathlon in the Seine, and the mayor really wants to make it go ahead, but like, shark experts are saying, there's a shipload of sharks in this in this river?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is this in the movie? In real life? This isn't the movie, right?
Speaker 3: And then there's a scene that you just don't expect at the end because they do go ahead with the triathlon and let's just say triathlons sharks not a great mix for the triathletes. And it's it's so fucking if it's so fucking it's it's a movie all in French. Make sure if you watch it. It's on Netflix right now. It's been a huge hat and.
Speaker 4: Because it's so silly, it's like, where can we put sharks?
Speaker 1: Great? Put them in Paris, you know, sharks in Paris. It's a great max.
Speaker 3: If you watch it, make sure you watch it in French with the English subtitles rather than the dubbed into English because the englishs are terrible actors.
Speaker 4: But I thoroughly recommend it called again under Paris.
Speaker 1: Under Paris. All right, I'll have to look into it. Here's a segment that we started doing last week and I want to keep doing throughout the Super Rugby obviously, but then throughout the All Blacks as well. Throwback Thursday. This is where we go back and we have a look at the last time these two teams came up against each other. Now, the Blues and the Chiefs and Super Rugby actually haven't played each other in Super Rugby playoffs at all. They've never faced each other. But the last time the Chiefs won Super Rugby was in twenty thirteen, they beat the Brumbys twenty seven twenty two. On the back page there is the team list that they have and I just love said, I think this is such a classic dude sitting around at the pub going through old team lists. So I've got the team list from that Super Rugby final. This was when they won back to back titles the Chiefs. Their team list reads thusly, Gareth Anscomb, Lilia Musanga who is powerful back in the day, Charlie Natai, Andrew Horrell, Tikloy Tumor was in that team. Aaron Cruden was at the Helm. This is a few years after Beaver had left Tarwoota, kerb Barlow, Matt vint Levin. I don't know who that is, Tornado Laedimer miss him who was on the Last Fight for Life CARDI for Justin Hodges, Brody Retall At Craig Clark, Big Ben, Tommy Funa, Hiker Elliott and Toby Smith on the bench. They had Reees Marshall, Ben Alfiaki, who I member needs to make the PlayStation rugby games. Sometimes they wouldn't have the rights to some of the players names. Ben Afiaki was one of them, and so they changed his name to Ben A Freaki and so on the games. I would always pick Ben a Freaky just so he's in my team. Michael Fitzgerald's a young Sam Kine back in twenty thirteen was coming off the bench. Augustine Pullu, Bundy r Key, the Irishman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus, we let him go unfortunately.
Speaker 1: And one of the names that I refused to believe is on his birth certificate. Robbie Robinson. Yeah, great name. There's no way Robbie Robinson's name is actually Robbie Robinson. You know.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I watched two thy thirteen All Blacks with the South Africa at Allis Park, which is one of the greatest games of rugby all time.
Speaker 1: It just popped up.
Speaker 3: It was fantastic and I reckon twenty thirteen was a great era for rugby. Molely the names back then. Yeah, Brady Retallic of course was. I think it was only Brody Rettallck and Aaron Crudin probably in the team from the Chiefs at that point. But my god, if you get a chance to watch twenty thirteen, my god, I sockets read and absolute fucking blind offloading everywhere, scored a fantastic try.
Speaker 1: I texted him.
Speaker 3: I said, I've just watched you in fantastic game. He goes, that was my favorite game of all time, really, and he said, although his try celebration before he scored, the South Africans then picked on him with it forever he celebrated before He's good, Yeah, yeah, he put his finger in the air and he goes, but they said they kept coming in and putting his finger in the air at him. And he's like, I'm not feeling really insulted by this because I scored the try, you know. Yeah, he reminded me of the time, right, yeah, yeah, but that man Ben Smith, there's Aaron Smith. Such a great team of course, you know, you know all the all the classics, you know.
Speaker 4: Well, this was Richie McCaul.
Speaker 3: This was this was the same team that won the twenty fifteen Yeah, pretty much the same team that won the twenty fifteen Rugby World Cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a powerful time in the powerful time. So, yeah, twenty thirteen's the last time they won. Two thousand and threes the last time the Blues won.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's fricking insane that it was two thousand and three the last time the Blues won apart from that Asterix.
Speaker 1: Apart from the Asterix, but then there was also well, because we were saying in Super Rugby when it was the Super twelve, only three different teams won that trophy.
Speaker 4: It was the Blues just had had their foot on us for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for years and years and years, Blues Crusaders and the Brumbies. So yeah, they were a powerhouse for the longest time, so much so that they had to get divvied up. And now they've sort of they've actually been good for the last probably four years now. Yeah. But yeah, like I said before, this is going to be a what is your feeling on that?
Speaker 3: Because I mean I was there like three weeks ago when the Blues smashed the Chiefs, like thirteen seventeen, and the Chiefs came in there and they got that tri rod at the end that they took the bonus point away from the Blues. That looked like the Blues weren't going to get a home final, but then the Chiefs did the service of smashing the Hurricanes last week.
Speaker 1: Man, the Chiefs were good last week. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, and it's an interesting thing.
Speaker 3: Who's coming on, Who's who's who's peaking exactly the right time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure. I mean, the Blues just running it up the guts and and then you've got oh boy.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be. It's gonna be an interesting one. It's gonna be. I'm doing it. I feel like I was saying before last week, who I didn't know who was going to win Super Rugby, but I knew it was going to come out of that Chiefs Hurricanes game. Yeah, And so it is the chief someone going to stick with my take. I still think it's the Chiefs that they feel like their graph is pointing out the pendulum swinging up if you will. Yeah. And I also just feel like the Blues have a good bed shit in them. Yeah, they do.
Speaker 3: They love to just ship the bed at a key moment. Yeah, just against the os I mean when they went down against the Crews and they had an opportunity to make a statement against the Crusaders. Yeah, and they shut the bed down there unnecessarily. Yeah, And I mean when you look at it, I mean, I want the Blues to win, but when you just look at Damon McKenzie, it's just such a freaking excitement machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're outside backs, they're weall aside today they're number eight. Look electric. I mean, Hoskinstituto in his own right has got a case for the black jersey too. So I just think, I just think it's going to come down to can the Blues avoid a bed shit? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, because the Hurricanes shipped the bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hurricanes shaped the bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What happens if the Blues concede fifteen fourteen points in the first eight minutes.
Speaker 3: Which they love to do. They love on a big occasion, just to have.
Speaker 1: A lapse and defense, Yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: But I mean their thing is just to like But also the Blues could just keep pushing it over, pushing it over, pushing it over, meat and vege, you know, five meet and Vege tries.
Speaker 1: And suck the life out of the tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to it's freaking exciting old adding Park as we said, shiploads of dudes coming up with a cow bell from the white care door. Yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be freaking exciting and it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be good. Well, we're gonna take one more break and when we come back, we're gonna get to yours.
Speaker 2: Please, yours please, brought you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 1: Your chance to get involved in the show, seen through your opinions, your feedback. Just let this caller here his yours please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get Amory first time called a long time listener. How fuckingfromble other Boston Celtics fan's going to be for the next year. They've got the record wins, eighteen wins and Jason Tatum like he's a good player, but he's doing this corny shit, trying to replicate the Kobe photo with the trophy, trying to replicate Kevin Garnett anything is possible, and then doing Kanye the fucking Miami celebration like the worst winner we've got Celtics.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this? Yeah, Jason Tatum but you love it though. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Like the basketball, well, you know it gives something, you know it's but.
Speaker 1: He is going he's trying, he's trying to replicate, he's trying to have his own like superstar moment. And people were saying this was all these memes before he won, like he's going to do this corner shit, He's going to do this cornis shit, and he has done every single one of them. The one that killed me the most is when he was yelling, what are they going to say now? Which is what Steph Curry said after he won his Finals MVP because before he won that, he'd won all these titles, but everyone said, yeah, but he's never been a Finals MVP. Then he won it and he said, what are they going to say now? So that's what Jason Tatum's yelling, and everyone's posting that picture and be like, what are they going to say now? You didn't win the Finals MVP? That's what there's like, literally the whole point of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, But what I'm not saying that although I support what he's doing, I'm just supporting that basketball produces characters that give you something to freaking talk about definitely like no other sport.
Speaker 1: It's the best in the world.
Speaker 3: I mean, and you know, like NFL will be up there, but you know, because everyone's wearing a helmet, it's just it's a little bit different on the field, sous, they're a bit more anonymous. I mean, they've got just as many penises in the NFL, but but but they're just a little more But you know, like you know, enduring a game, they're under a helmet. You know, it's a bit different. They're not on the field as much. You know, they're not on the park, yeah, as much as basketball. But it's just it's just getting to this end of the season.
Speaker 4: It's just so freaking great it is.
Speaker 1: But I just the this has been a historical run in the last forty eight hours of Jason Tatum just doing the corny as shit. Anytime you put a microphone in front of him, he just he can't say. He's obviously not a very articulate dude, and he just goes, oh, no, I can't describe it, can't describe it, and then yells out the last quote that he can remember from someone else that won it. And that's the same thing. Is he desperately wants to be loved. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's actually what he's trying to do that. Yeah yeah. He went imposed in the changing rooms with the thing like with the trophy leaning up against the wall. One league ups. Just relax, Yeah, yeah, can't be like last year when Denver won one of the guys Aaron Gordon. He was shirtless but still had his shorts and his boots in the whole get up on two days later. He's still partying in the streets of Colorado. I love that. Yeah, just don't do that fun. I don't have to try, and that is an iconic moment. He wasn't trying to recreate anything. Yeah that's right, Yeah you can. You can. It's very easy to find your own one once you won. Yeah, you know, yeah, he's I think Jason Sadam's standing a victory into a last It was tor of Cringe. Another caller here yours Baz.
Speaker 6: Super Begs. Hey, just my four cents on the PRIs before the Orbeck's in Donedanpon. You just fucked a need enough go to the fin establishment that is the Salin Anchor and tomorrow d I s all the way down to the Sustina and it goes from there. Fuck Jim McDonald up Seth Kenneby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could hear some positive South? Can it be chat and here? I haven't had that. Every time I've been here recently has been some you know, there's been some anty South?
Speaker 1: Can it be rhetic? Rhetoric?
Speaker 4: I directed at you? But I mean, do I see all the way down?
Speaker 1: Lie?
Speaker 3: I mean it's a long way to be repeatedly pulled over for drunk driving?
Speaker 1: Yeah, about three hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so i'd not see what it's saying drunk and charge, not actually be pulled up, not actually get charged with it.
Speaker 1: I see the others understood that, but make it safely. Yeah. I mean the Sale and Egg has the stickiest dance floor on God's Green Earth. I think we did the first fifteen of sticky dance floors at one point on a commentary. I think once you walk into that place, you never get out again. It is a powerful establishment down there in Tomorrow. But I don't know. Three hours and the cards a lot of piss stops, Yeah, and how many dudes are coming with you? Yeah. Also, it's quite difficult to fly into Tomorrow, so at that point you're either flying to christ Church and driving all the way through, or you're flying to Dunedin and then driving to Timorrow and then back to Dunedin.
Speaker 3: I think, you know it just for simplicity, flying straight into Dunedin, the place where the game is. I mean there's plenty of bars in Dunedin. I mean, I mean, what was the sparking called.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if we've decided yet. No, no, no, the bar and sorry the sale and anchor, the.
Speaker 4: Sale and anchor.
Speaker 3: I mean like great bar, sticky dance floor, as you say, But is it that great that we go that far out of our way to go there? I mean, I mean, is it Is it top ten in the world, you know, because to overcome the convenience of just flying straight to Dunedin and going to Dunedin bar.
Speaker 1: It's number one in South Canterbury. All say that it is number on in South Canora. Oh yeah, that's that's a better shadow of a doubt. Even since they shut down the way Medi hotel.
Speaker 3: I's freaking exciting going down to Dunedain like the build up for an All Blacks going along to Forsyth Bar, the town gets fizzed up.
Speaker 4: It's a freaking great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm looking forward to that. All right, let's knock this thing on the head. Thank you very much for coming in of a Thursday medi enjoy your weekend of sport yep, enjoy your Friday, and we'll see is tomorrow for another episode of the gender podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to. The ACC is a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio off you get your podcasts