Speaker 1: Oh, I have the energy levels on a Monday.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Mad Monday Podcast, brought to you as always by four and twenty PI. Is a perfect at home snack for watching the NRL Grand Final for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: My name is Tin.
Speaker 2: I saw a Monday OWI and joined in the commentary position as it was last night, but the podcast position as it is this morning, ed and for newer Keazy. Now a question I wanted to ask you, as a man who starts work in the afternoon, and I presume you have a cursory alarm that sets that wakes you up before your missus goes to work and then you go straight back to sleep. What time did you actually get out of bed this morning after watching the Grand Final?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll start with you. What time did you get out of it? I took a sleep in this morning. I got out of a bit of eight eight. Yeah, I was nine thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah the fuck it was good to Oh my god. And I feel like most people would have been like, if you could, you would have taken Yeah. We got a lot of tech last night, people saying that they were going to take the day off right. There was a Gohader's birthday. I hate his isit though? It was his birthday on Sunday and he's like, I'm going to trend. I'm going to Monday as my birthday. Take that day off.
Speaker 1: Like, to be honest, my alarm goes off every day at seven thirty, which when I was first working and starting late working for Sky, I got into a real hole where you just stay up till one am every night and then wake up and get out of bed at like ten. Yeah, you're back on UNI hours, that's right. And I'm like, I'm in my thirties now, man, So seven thirty every day, my wife goes to work and I don't feel like a massive piece of I don't do anything. No For the first like two hours, I'm a piece of shit. But yesterday was really nice that I could just sleep and in fact, I even stopped got some fast food on the way home. Watched the video on YouTube. Yeah, oh, well, you know I live around the corner from particular fast food chain. Yeah, every few of them, a few of them, but there's one that's literally like what four hundred meters from my house. It's actually harder to not go through there, that's right. And the lights weren't playing ball, so I just carried on straight, turned into there and ended up eating that in front of the TV. It was delicious. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that was of course the out just around the court of your house and drive through four and twenty piles. The Grand Final last night, fourteen points to six in the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as we predicted, it wasn't going to be a high scoring A fair and I two of the best defenses in the in the league. Yeah, it was always going to be stingy a. I was talking to Lane this morning about it. He's like, Oh, you could have let me know beforehand. I had all these bits on it being over X amount of points. Who did you talk to? Well, hang on, you could have let me know. Why are you putting bits on something if you have no idea? I know what? And why didn't you ask me beforehand? Yeah? He had. He had like nine different bets that involved multiple tri scores, not in the screen final.
Speaker 2: I have not talked to anyone this morning, and I've talked to a lot of degenerates today. I have not talked to a single person who hit a bit last night.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, I almost did. Shit, I almost did when I just said, will Warwick to score and my multi to come in. But it's just no one. No one had anything. If it was another one of those scrand finals where you've got the Panthers and then in a team a sort of middling like if the Sharks or someone had got through, Yeah, that's when you'd be getting a lot of any times. But against Melbourne, it's not happening. No. And like I said before, we all predicted it was going to be stingy on defense, and I felt like both teams were quite tense when they were Yeah, particularly the Panthers I thought were I was talking about it at nauseum on the commentary last night, but I was like their fifth tackle options were just chaotic. Yeah, there was a phase, especially in the first half, where they kept sort of they pass it out wide and then Luay or someone would pass it back infield against the grand play and then all of a sudden, Mitch Kenny's got the ball or Isaiah Yo. It's just like, oh shit, okay, Yeah, that was quite unpredictable. James Fisher Harris looked out to the wing and his eyes lit up, and I think you've had in a Panther's jersey was like no, no, no, no, no, no, no. He thought about it. Isaiah Yo had to think about it as well. Yeah, there were a lot of Fords getting the ball and having it, like even for the stormlic cart with that weird little chip kick that went out. Yeah, so a lot of guys were definitely was not the plans that Ivan Clear and Bellamy had put in place?
Speaker 2: Or are they both so good that they shut down what each other was trying to do?
Speaker 1: So okay, this is how good they are as coaches. They're now getting benefit of the doubtful like bad things that happened. Yeah, well no, I'm saying like defensively, both teams were so excellent defensively. Maybe okay, maybe why the Panthers looked so frantic on the fifth tackle was because Melbourne Storm coming. He knew exactly what they were trying to do. He's like, let's just shut it down. I've got to say I didn't. I didn't actually see who ended up giving the Clive Churchill was it Liam Martin? Was Liam Martin? Well scored a try stole the ball clean off. Xavier coach could have scored himself again, Yeah, freaked out and pasted it, but it ended up being a Paul Alamodi try in the corner, even though he was very unhealthy and his shoulder was knaked shit. Nathan Clear was just any everything his running game, he was. He's such a good player.
Speaker 2: There is a chance that we're watching one of the greatest players of all time. There's a chance we're watching the greatest rugby league player of all time. That's it's all said and done. It's going to be very hard to argue against. And I would actually say that now that they've hit this four.
Speaker 1: Peat, and in fact, I probably would have said this last year. I reckon and I'm not a great historian of the game, but I'm willing to go on wax and say this the other greatest rugby league team of all time, this Penwrith Panthers dynasty. So what are the teams? Then? This is where we need Ben Hurley and Die Henwood. What are the teams that would you know, well, the one that sticks out.
Speaker 2: So this is the third team in history to win four straight premierships, and the first since Saint George, who won eleven in a row from nineteen fifty six to nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go ahead and say that's the greatest NL. Yeah, but eleven man, would you say, who do you think is the greatest basketball player of all time? Blake Griffin? Okay, and so he's won how many titles? No? Now, because he was my favorite player for a long time, I'd say the best basketball player of all time is probably Lebron James. Yeah, and so he's won four or five? Yeah, four, He's been there and thereabouts a lot.
Speaker 2: If you want to say Michael Jordan's the best for bust same player of all time, he won six, Yeah, that's right. Bill Russell won eleven championships, but nobody considers him to be the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: And when you think about it, too, basketball's five players on the team, so he's a pretty light pevotal role. He's not one of thirteen. He's twenty percent of the thing.
Speaker 2: So all I'm saying is eleven in a row back in nineteen fifty. I just don't think it really. No one can remember that team done lately. Yeah, that's that's all right, But also it just I don't know, there's just something about this team. If you want to say that that st George side that won eleven in a row is the greatest NFL team or Rugby league team of all time. Then you've also got to say that Bill Russell is the greatest basketball player of all time.
Speaker 1: Well, the difference is eleven in a row that Bill Russell did the exact same thing. No, no, no, compared to four in a row, That is a huge gap. That's not Lebron with his four or whatever. It is compared to Michael Jordan's six. No, but it's Lebron compared to Bill Russell. It's literally the same number. Okay, I'm gonna have to do some more research into this, Saint George. I want to know how many people will play, how many teams there were, Zach Lomax aren't still firing? Was there a party at Paul Vaughan's, That's right. I wanted to know all this sort of stuff. Was there a was Corey Norman hiding underneath the bed? These are the things we need to know about that team from the fifties through to the If anyone listening that was sort of old enough to have witnessed that, so you know, maybe eighteen onwards, Yeah, it's listening right now, So you probably what almost ninety at least, ye send us a talk back on the iHeartRadio ninety years old, get your nurse to fire one through for you, Yeah, and joining the discussion. Yeah, I don't know. I just think it's it's definitely a discussion now. And I know it's always.
Speaker 2: Weird when we when we're watching them play, Like the same thing's happening with Lebron where it's like, how can you say that he's the best? It's hard to say when you're watching him. I you know, like I said, I was a kid when Joey John's was doing his thing but for all his purposes, a lot of people saying he was one of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: It is hard to And also that's sixty years ago almost that they won their last one. That is just such half a century. Yeah, it's a different game, man, it is.
Speaker 2: It's like when you go back and watch Pine Tree Meads videos, Broddertallic would snap Pine Tree Meads and half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you put the Panthers out against that original team, they would abou destroy them one hundred percent. But I just think it's it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing that's happening not to use another basketball analogy, but when the Golden State Warriors were dusting everyone and people were starting to get a little bit bored of it. Now we look back on it and we're like, that was greatness and we got to witness it. I think that's how we look back on this Penrith Panthers team.
Speaker 1: That's how you know it was greatness because it was just suffocating the life out of everyone with how great it was.
Speaker 2: And casual fans were like, oh god, these guys again. Yeah, my missus one of the storm to win just because she's sick of the Panthers.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's how good they've been. Yeah, and she's not exactly like a you know, an into it legey. Yeah, she just is sick of hearing about the Panthers being good. That's right. Ah. What do you think the Panthers moving forward? Obviously, Leuile, there's quite a lot of players leaving sort of. James Fisher Harris is leaving as well.
Speaker 2: Would it surprise you to know that the Panthers four dollars twenty five favorites to win it again next year?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't, because every single person they bring through it doesn't matter who is leaving. You know, Stephen Crichton left, Matt burdenle It just does not matter. Viliami Keku left and that left side was the most dominant side in the NRL last season and now it's not. It doesn't matter. They still won't up cottas Ou left. So like if you put those are some top level players, it has not made a difference. They've still got Cleary, They've still got Yo. I think it's a massive part of this and probably one of the underrated members of that team. Well they lost Lynn you as well, yes, so, but now they've got all these other follows coming off the bench that have just slotted into these roles. You've got Schneider in the haves, who seems pretty sound. Ye looks like he rode for Germany at the Olympics. I saw him on the sideline For some reason, I just had never seen what night to look like. I don't know why. Up close did he wear headgear? Yeah, and so seeing this like Nazi Hitler youth guy on the sideline, the Schnyder. Yeah. But I to be honest, five in a row, I think it will happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, James Fisher, Harris, you know he's a big loss, Louis. I wonder about whether the team may get better for not having I.
Speaker 1: Think we like to think that because he's a prick. Yeah, I bet, I bet it'll be worse without him.
Speaker 2: I couldn't watch all of the celebrations that he was doing. There was a photo that was doing the rounds and it's him leaning up against the goalposts with all his like his medal around his neck and blah blah blah, and the caption was, what do you think is going through his head right now? I was like, I guarantee what's going through his head right now? Is I bet I look sick.
Speaker 1: Sitting every celebration, he had to just be right there, front and center in the middle of it, as if it was his celebration and he was sort of ring leading it for everyone else his birthday party and you're all just invited. That's exactly what it was like. Well, at least he's not going to have that at the Tigers unless, and this is going to be really annoying, he really spearheads a turnaround and is like an all time great After that, all's forgiven at that point. But then we would have to just be like, Okay, he's a deck but he's pretty damn good. Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I'm not there now, despite the fact that he's just one. For the last four years, if he's walked onto a rugby league pitch to play in a competition, he's won it.
Speaker 1: Unless it's in New South Wales. Is probably the only hookut. Yeah, and you know, but everything else good as goal. I think did he play for some more as well? Eighty thou attendance as well?
Speaker 2: And that's the stadium of course, stadium there that they've been having a lot of issues with this year where they've been. They've booked a lot of games there, but no one, no one's turning up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just a I forget what the term is when it's just like it sucks the life out so massive. I know, it's one of those stadiums that it's no I feel like it's no one's true home ground.
Speaker 2: No one feels an affinity to it. So it's like, I don't know. But but when it is full, it looks ridiculous. I mean it looks like a toilet bowl. Yeah, it's Hessen.
Speaker 1: From from the top angle there. It looks like it, but eighty thousand people in the air. Well, it's like playing at Wimbley or something. Right, It's just it's the big dog of Australian stadiums. You haven't you're the right for these two teams to be there. It's just packed out. This fireworks the Kidler Roy is playing. Yeah, there's plenty of as we're saying on the commentary last night, now that's what I call white people music. Volume one was in full blast, which was great. Oh my god. So they had Sweet Caroline it was the first one. Yeah, they had. The next one was take Me Home Country, right, Home Country Roads. The Gambler came on after me saying I wonder if the Gambler will be on there. Sure enough, the very next one, the Gambler. It was out of control. Yeah, there are hits. It's a universal thing. There are hits that people just fucking love. Oh. Absolutely, we're at Oktoberfish. That's exactly all of the songs they played in the English speaking tents. Just play that shit. Oh man, it's like they were just dancing Queen One, dancing Queen away from just you know, playing the full album back to back. Yeah, just call of an atmosphere that looks so great, bringing the place to its knees. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another thing I thought funny that was funny on social media this morning was almost every outlet posted a picture of the kid l Roy and said, how do we rate that performance?
Speaker 1: What do we think of that performance? I felt like they were trying to bait. Yeah. Absolutely, they were introversial opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all of the top comments are always were always like great, love him, he's Aussie, he's a league fan, a brilliant because I think for the longest time, the NRL has been stuck in this like eighties promo thing. They play old rock bands and they you know, and and that kind of music. They promote it like it's Bathurst. It's like this year, do we go Cold Chizzel again or wolf Mother?
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: But it's like what percentage of the league now is of Polynesian descent.
Speaker 1: They don't. They're not listening to the Cold Chizelna Unfortunately, they're missing out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And because and because the you know, it's growing, so the audience is getting younger and younger. They don't associate the league with old rock bands anymore.
Speaker 1: No, And so what they did. There was but the kid. And to be honest, the kid LaRoy is almost I don't I'm not across as too young for me as well. Yeah yeah, all of that. We're fitting into the older fellers category now. And so you had the kid l Royce and all the sons and the daughters of league fans were entertained and then boom, Sweet Caroline comes on for us old bases. You know, everyone's happy, So just get like a nice common ground there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think the other thing about the pregame entertainment is it always looks shit. When you're playing on a rugby league field, which is enormous. You can't see the guys down there on the track. It always looks shit, it does. It don't really matter who it is. Man Embone's six sixty did the Aedton Park No the Grand Final? Oh my god? And they got shit on. I hated it works because it's supposed to be this big hype up.
Speaker 1: For the game. They're like, don't forget your roots. It's like, the fuck are these guys.
Speaker 2: The game wasn't without its controversy, though, I think one of the biggest ones was I mean, I mean, it's the biggest cont controversy from the game, the Jack hewth try no try in the fiftieth minute when we watched it live and they showed that first replay on the TV, you could see the ball touch the ground.
Speaker 1: But have you seen the other replay angles that round? I have, Yeah, so I don't think that cancels out the first one though. I think the mistake they made was obviously in the bunker they've got because I've been in control rooms before. The one at Sky there's fifteen camera angles, yeah, and they've only allocated three and a shot of the referee to be the ones on screen, so they're looking at more than just the ones we're looking at. But in order to avoid controversy, controversy, controversy, they need to flash that one up, you know. They need to put that one up first and get everyone on the same page. And they'd be like, it's no try, Yeah, that's right. And the other thing is if you're going to have a bunker then and we stopped the game, then let's go through the whole process. I don't think anyone's too worried. If it takes like three minutes.
Speaker 2: They've split it right up. Having that I know, and that's what it felt like it was last night. It was like they showed us that one on TV. They watched however many others they did, and then they were like, no, no, it's not a try. I do feel like the NRL has done a great job today of plastering that video that we've seen everywhere, because I've heard that they took all the media into a room after the game and showed them that replay.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I feel like it's a bit of propaganda. But I wonder if we can't afford to have this be the storyline. So what we need to do is Floody runs social media channels with this other angle that looks like there's a hand underneath the ball.
Speaker 1: Well, it didn't look like it there was a hand underneath the ball, So then what was that other one where you could clearly see it hitting the checker of the lens refraction, So that one's refraction, but the arm under the ball don't. I don't know. All I know is that Jack Howith almost lost them that game by not scoring the try. He went in in a real non try score of fashion. He's pretty young and inexperienced fella. Yeah, and like just get the ball on the ground. He did it weird, it was like and it was just the wrong way to score a try. And if he had scored that, Melbourne would have been slightly hid. They would have drawn a level yeah, yeah, and then had a kick. Well that's the thing, and then you know, the Panthers second try through Liam Martin was a total like just freak him stealing the ball of Xavier Coats like that is something that's just I just feel like it would have been a completely different result. Yes, if he had just scored the try, like it was not a hard one to score, yeah, and he went incorrectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, in my heart of hearts, believe he scored that. I know that there's that other angle going around as well, but I just can't I can't get that first angle out that we saw on the game.
Speaker 1: I can't get that out of my head. But the first angle, though, it wasn't conclusive. I was looking at it going like far, that looks like it was a try, but I'm not like, oh, that definitely was a try, yeah, whereas the angle going around was oh no, that clearly was held up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But there was all so like multiple points where he was held up, you know what I mean, Like he initially got it down then was held up again. Look, it's all very confusing. I don't think that's why they lost the game.
Speaker 1: But I did enjoy watching another team get dutted by the bunker, and it was Melbourne. It's usually the other way around, Yeah, so I don't really care. Suck on that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other one that while we're talking about replays, the Pappenhausen kick out on the full.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, with the Sirrenson catching it.
Speaker 2: So Sorenson Pappy sliced this kick off the team, There's no two ways about it. And it was curving towards the sideline and Sorenson did the old foot and touch catch thing. When you watch the replay very slowly his.
Speaker 1: Foot was off the ground, yes, and he caught it right foot was touching in play and then his left foot went out, which is him taking it out. It was. It was so very quick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But again, if we're going to have the bunker, you might as well sit there and go through it and go letter of the law. Now, as we always talk about on this podcast, the NRL adjudicated on Vibe and the vibe was Pappy's kicked that out on the full.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent and Sorenson he's a backgroun. I felt that there's a bit of leeway for that as well. The forward has caught it and pulled off this great move.
Speaker 2: I just think if that was the NFL, that would have been called that he take he had taken it.
Speaker 1: In the NFL, that's so many more stoppages and fucking around, whereas in the NL they wanted to keep it moving. I wonder, can you challenge that because they probably if they had challenged it, they probably would have been successful. But who's going to challenge that after an absolute shocking kick. Yeah, so maybe they could have actually tended around, But well that's what the challenge is for, right, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It's still there was a challenge. We saw another challenge in the first twenty minutes. I think it was an Alamodi maybe he had challenged right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like a kick catch knock on sort of situation, and they got away with it because it was inconclusive, so they retained their challenge. But I have been saying, oh, year and obviously great ones and Maya deciding these things. I would not burn a challenge in the first sixty minutes of any NRL game, Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You need that.
Speaker 2: When it comes down to it, you're going to need that challenge. I just would have a blanket roll and be like, guys, I'm sorry as the coach. Look, you might You're probably right. You might be right. We'll check it on Monday, we'll check the footage. You probably would have been right. We're not fucking burning it.
Speaker 1: So I guess Ivan Cleary has full trust in Yo is the captain, right, Yeah, full trust in him. But I was really surprised that the Panthers did that because that's not something the Panthers will do. That's something the Warriors will do. And I don't know if you can remember a couple of years ago though, talking about medically retiring Isao for a string of concussions. You think it's going back to bite him. Now, well, I mean he got away with that one. But yeah, just as a rule, I would love, you know, for the Warriors, the team that I support that I love watching, I fucking hate seeing even when it's clear as day. Yeah, you know, just cop it.
Speaker 2: In that first particularly in the first half. Yeah, and I would say, right, up until that fourth quarter. Don't bother burning it because you just don't know what you're going to need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing is the challenge has way more value at the end of the game because how many times have we seen a team use their challenge just to use it to have a.
Speaker 1: Rest as well, have a breather when you hold on defense or something. Panthers actually did it just last night. And at the end of that game.
Speaker 2: The Panthers turned away five consecutive That was crazy sets from the Melbourne Storm. And I think, yeah, and I think if they're going to, you know, take any pride, well not take any pride, but the thing they should take the most pride in from this game is that.
Speaker 1: The way they held them out because there were a few moments in the game where Melbourne started to throw the ball around a bit and you know, found space through the middle. Harry Grant, to be honest, he had a great game, but he wasn't sort of breaking things open through the middle as much as they needed him too in order to you know, ask questions. But it was that five straight Melbourne set where they just couldn't get anything happening. I think quite a few of those sets were finishing with sort of the ball and a back rower's hands or something, so there was a couple of those in there, but still the Panthers were on their own line, pinned down for a good five minutes or something, and it just they just waited it out, waited it out the way they've been doing for the past four years, and then just wait for the other team to make a mistake, boom their ball, go down the other end of the field and usually score a try. Yeah, they actually scored twice that way. That was just very Panthers and it's super demoralizing too, because like Melbourne came out firing, man. Yeah, in the opening fifteen I was like, shit, Melbourn's gonna win this. The Panthers were like, you know, sort of just making the tackles and blah blah blahlah blah. But they were making them. And then after a while Melbourn started to run out of gas and the Panthers, just after weathering twenty minutes of punishment, had scored a try within five minutes of their own punishment, which is demoralizing, hugely demoralizing.
Speaker 2: So and then that boyed them to take on those five repeat sets. I thought Hughes looked injured.
Speaker 1: He wasn't right. Well, I like to think he wasn't right either that or as the Pantsman was calling, he massively choked or was an isaac I can't remember. Uh oh, yeah, I don't think it was a choke.
Speaker 2: You could see him limping around. He we mentioned in commentary last night, we really hadn't seen it name. No, for most of the game, it was just kicking and yeah, Munster seemed to have It was almost like Hughes was a bit injured, and so Monster was like, shit, I've been injured in a bit rough all season, but I'm going to have to get the ball and try to be the one to spark things. Because he was trying and he was failing, Like he dropped the ball cold and made quite a few mistakes. Yeah, he was trying really hard to.
Speaker 1: Be that guy. Yeah, one hundred percents. Hughes was sitting in the pocket, yeah, and just went missing for a large part of that game. I think we will find out that he's quite injured. By the time you listen to this podcast, you'll probably know. Worrying thing about that is now we go into the international window, the kiwis he's our half back. Even before the Stacy Jones last week had rung Seawan Johnson and said, look, hopefully it doesn't happen, but if Hughes gets injured, would you be free? And he said I'll get back to you, and then he got back to him and said no, and so well, I don't think this close to your retirement, like he's been retired for just over a month. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like you come to talk to me after a month of retiring, I'm going to tell you, you know, piss off, basic mate, Tell you come talk to me the day after I've done a podcast. It asked me to do another podcast. Well fuck that. But apparently the Achilles was still was still playing. Well that's the reason why he's called it quartz. But who's our halfback then for the Killies? Nikoima? Yeah is it? I don't know, Kieren Forn get another run? I don't know. I reckon to Mighty Martin's probably to Mighty Martin, ye man standing and then we'll find out he played for Queensland at some point. And now we can't well let's not let's not react too quickly to Jerome Hughes having an off game because he might have just had a niggle. So still got a few weeks, so hopefully we don't have to worry about that Munster. Did he bite him or not? Yeah, he definitely bet him. Yeah, we talked about it last night.
Speaker 2: It looked like when you're biting into a piece of chicken, a piece of KFC, and then you pull it.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of tension.
Speaker 2: There before the things, and that's exactly what happened there, that's right.
Speaker 1: And to be fear, Alamotti's forearm was right pushing and squeezing right up against his mouth, so he almost forced his arm into the air, and then Munster just bit down and then as Alamotti pulled it away, it obviously hurt Monster's teeth away because he's, oh, what the hell, essentially giving away the fact that yes, he was biting him. Yeah, so he's on report. Should you be allowed to bite a man's arm if he puts it in your mouth? Well, I think it's you say the NRL's left on vibe. I think the vibe of that was it's sort of a mutual situation, you know. It wasn't him going out of his way to bite someone was in his mouth. Yeah. Well, I was talking about this with Lane this morning on the Gender Podcast and I was like, well, so if your if your face is in front of my fist and then allowed to punch you, is how that works? And he was like, well, yeah, if you're just.
Speaker 2: Standing there throwing punches in midfield and someone walks into the way of one of those punches.
Speaker 1: That's right, it is. They knew it was that. Yees. So I think he'll get off it. I think he has. I think I saw this morning. They've already cleared it. The NRL don't want that being a storyline. Yeah. I was praying that he'd get like a four game suspension and we'd play the Melbourne Storm in the first It's not how it works, man. We'll get him on week five if that's the case.
Speaker 2: Twenty six dollars for the Warriors to win next year, by the way, we're about middle of the field, good odds. Yeah, I mean, if you think we're gonna if you think next year is our.
Speaker 1: Year, do we have twenty six bucks? Do we have a tob hunch bonus bet or anything we just chucked out right now? We don't. They've gotten onto us that we've got no more NRL to punch. Ah bugger, Well are you thinking little futures bit just a little like do you remember this time last year we put that hundred bucks on man? That was genius? Yeah. I mean I have not a lot of faith as of yet that that's going to come in. I need the stink of this season to settle. Yeah, and I need to see some pre season and some big signings and stuff to get me fizzed up again. Yeah, one hundred percent, just to get us onto that twenty six dollars. The Storm actually tied with Panthers for the shortest odds next year Ford dollers twenty five. Do you subscribe to the theory that after you lose a Grand Final to the penwith Panthers, your team goes to shit? I traditionally do. But I think it was more that the teams like Broncos for example, who Yeah, they went to shit eels, Yeah, Rabbit O's rabbit Os. I think that was more a factor of those teams just happened to get everything right so that they could get to the final just with everything they had, and then it didn't work, and then it all crumbled away. I don't think that's the Melbourne Storm. The melbourn Storm have been guns for so long. Yeah, that's right, So I don't think it will be about those other teams. Yes, absolutely, because who are the Melbourne Storm losing this year? No one, really, no one. And that it was after that last Grand Final they won against the Panthers, that's right, that's when they lost everyone. They lost the Broniz brothers, that's right. So they had to rebuilding and yeah, completely redesigned things. And also they've had a horror run with injuries to their key players like Papenalzen and stuff. So I think Melbourne will probably be in the conversation next season. They'll probably be second on the table by the end of the season or something. You know, overall scores on the game, how did you find that game was to watch as far as the Grand Final goes, But for me, we were treated last year. Last year's Grand Final was arguably.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was great, one of the greatest of all time, one of I'd probably put it second in my living memory behind the Jonathan Thurston of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah one twenty fifteen is it? Yeah, that was the Ben Hunt drop ball gold point. It was a lot. Yeah, there was a lot going and rewatched that one. There's a lot going on in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the Benji Marshallow five flick Parcel always absolutely living our memories and obviously any Grand Final that we played in, although we got humped by the Eels, and yeah, I think this one, if I had to give it a rating out of ten, probably like a six or five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like two teams I don't like. Yeah, playing some pretty shaky ball to begin with, and then it was low scoring. Yeah, lou I won four in a row. I think it's a five. Yeah, Yeah, I think it's about a five for me as well. It wasn't enough drama, nah, Like it wasn't like a good State of Origin Game three matchup where it's all on and it's high intensity and stuff. It's just it wasn't this year. Yeah, And to be fair, the whole final series has been pretty average. Yeah, after what's been a great season. Yeah, it's almost like usually the season most pretty predictable and then the final series is where the interesting stuff happens. That was not the case this yet. It was the other way around. No, it was a very interesting regular season, although very disappointing for the Warriors and then yeah, disappointing of postseason. Yeah, so I'm gonna give it five out of ten. What about you? Yeah, I'm exactly the same.
Speaker 2: This is no different to me than the rabbit oz one than the Eels one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Obviously last year was tremendous. So yeah, I was about a five as far as Green Final, like if that was a regular season game, you know, just a good match. Yeah, there's a great, great game of rugby league. But yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I thoroughly enjoyed doing the commentary. The texts we got last night were absolutely hilarious. Thank you to everyone that texts it in a lot of people on a boat off the coast of Samore. Someone even managed to get a text through from their page and be route right. Someone ticks someone was watching from a trench in Ukraine, and another person about seventy five meters below the peak the summit of Everest.
Speaker 1: It's just rugby league bringing people together, you know, that'scc it's all we're all about and speaking to, bringing people together. We need to at some point this week or the next get all of us from the Mad Monday crew in the same room to record a podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll get die in here. He's still over in Australia, by the way. He was at the at the final Hurley's Away as well, So we need to get all of us to sit down and have a good old fashioned debrief for it.
Speaker 1: We're not going to say when that's going to happen, but hopefully it happens at some point soon.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it happens this week, but we'll see how we go. Otherwise we'll not this thing on the head. Thank you very much for joining us today and indeed throughout the season, and thank you as always to four and twenty pies.
Speaker 1: We will see you guys later on in Australia without rugby league, He's not Australia.