Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the bf A. Here this is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the nineteenth June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Culture.
Speaker 3: You may have seen that I've just done riki down in Dunedin.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was a fleeting trip whirl.
Speaker 3: Wind wil Win.
Speaker 1: It actually was a world wine trip, particularly when Dunedin actually doesn't have an airport.
Speaker 4: I know Mormona has airport, now.
Speaker 1: Mosgow has an airport, Doanedan doesn't. Anyway, went down there, had a bit of ariki, had a look at all of the It's a sad state of affairs down there in Dunedin at the moment.
Speaker 3: None of the student bars are open anymore.
Speaker 1: And yeah, any of the ones that I remember from my days, which about ten years ago, now they're all gone.
Speaker 3: It's like, and I felt like they were all gone when I was there.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they were in truly gone from when I was mincing about it. I mean I went to Canterbury, but we used to spend a lot of time down there, and there's zero zero of the pubs. We went to the Bowler Guardis start as Start as was THERI, then the Orientel. Yeah, none of them, monkey bar now they've all just now you just have to go to the Octagon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was trying to figure out. I mean, I guess they were all doing house parties they always have. Yeah, yeah, but you want to go out and make some mingle, Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Guardians shut the year before I went down there, and they actually did a real expert level move as well. So the university bought it to shut it down. It's now a library, and they said they ran this big campaign. Hey, this Saturday, last day of Guardis, so everyone come down Saturday, We're going to have this massive pass up. And obviously everyone was worried that it was going to get out of control. So what they did was they actually shut it on the Friday, and so Saturday came around and everybody had not had a massive blowout at Guardis because they were waiting for the Saturday to happen. They shut it a day early.
Speaker 4: Like what ursehole does that.
Speaker 1: I know it's an asshole move, but kind of respect that. That's what your goal was was to just shut it down and not have anything happen.
Speaker 3: They did a good job of that. But yeah, us I'll move and along.
Speaker 1: Short of it is, we've got nowhere to have our pre game before the All Blacks play down there, which is the fifth, sixth, sixth of July.
Speaker 5: But we're there the fifth, so we might as well make it a fifth and sixth double ban the bubble Banger.
Speaker 1: Double banger, So let us know where we've We've got We've got a little bit of Look, I'll just say money to try and revitalize the bar. We don't have a lot. Yeah, we could potentially try and bring something back we've had. We've had a couple of people send through videos of their flats. It's just been like, why don't you come and have it at our That could be an option.
Speaker 5: That's an option as well. I mean, or we could just go to a current bar. I mean, it doesn't really worry us at all, but it would certainly be easier. All we want to do is create Dunedin's biggest pre game before the All Blacks and create kind of like the Tailgate vibe. Yeah, we're never going to get a Tilgate vibe because everyone he will shut it down because the cas and you drinking can and me so basic an area where we can from midday on match day and then just time it so your peeking so you can hit four side bad Steamer lunchbox in form for the England first game of the All Black season.
Speaker 1: Fog up the roof of the systemer. So yeah, keep those coming through into our Instagram page. Let us know where you want us to go. Rory McElroy yep is taking a few weeks away from the game after shitting the bed at the US Open. He has taken to Instagram and he's posted a lengthy he has a lengthy statement. I'll read it for it, Okay, do it. Yesterday it was a tough day. Yesterday was a tough day, probably the toughest. I'm not gonna do that. I've had him nearly seventeen years. I think it's the only extent you can still do. But I'm not going to toughest I've had in nearly seventeen years as a professional golfer. Firstly, I'd like to congratulate Bryson. He's worthy champion and exactly what professional golf needs right now. I think we can all agree on that. As I reflect on my week. I'll ruin a few things over the course of the tournament, mostly two parts on sixteen and eighteen on the final day. But as I always try to do, a look on the positives blah blah blah blah blah start a tournament. I feel closer to winning my next major championship than I ever have one word I'd use to describe my career as Billy end up showing that blah blah blah. I'm going to take a few weeks away from the game to process everything and build myself back up for my defense of the Genesis Scottish Open and the Open at Royal True see you in Scotland.
Speaker 5: So I saw that he you know when there's that footage of him waiting in that little kind of waiting room there watching Bryson win it, and you know, he stormed out that backdoor. He was in his private jet within forty minutes and he was back home before and Bryson de Chamba was still signing autographs at the US Open.
Speaker 4: And he was home, he was out of there. He was like this.
Speaker 1: I kind of can appreciate it because golf. Losing golf is one of the most frustrating feelings in the world, because when you lose a golf game, it's because you lost. It's not because the other guy beat you or whatever. It's nine times out of ten you shit the bed.
Speaker 4: That's same as tennis. That's why tennis players and traditionally golf players are all a bit weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's why cricket players are weird as well, because cricket's an even weirder sport because it's individuals really playing in a team.
Speaker 4: It's a collection of individual results.
Speaker 1: Correct, So that's why cricketers can be a bit weird. All individual athletes are weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But the thing is the next thing about cricket is they're in a team environment. So that's why there's always so many not blow ups, but you can have introverts in the team who no one really likes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Richard Hadley a great example.
Speaker 5: He held that team together for a decade and I don't think any of them else in the team regarded themselves as good friends with Richard Headley.
Speaker 3: Well, Richard Hadley regards themselves as good friends with Richard Hadley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. But that's why he was so great. You wouldn't be able to.
Speaker 5: There's no way a rugby team or a rugby maybe rugby league team could But I don't know. I don't think you can have that amount of individuality in those games. And yeah, but that's why, you know, that's what makes it so great. It's like, and that's what why you see them fall apart. And that's why mentally it's so tough because it's one brain, it's not fifteen brains.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, that's right, and so and so it's one hundred percent of the blame squarely on that one person. Yeah, and again because the other person in golf isn't actively trying to stop you.
Speaker 3: It's just how well did you do? Correct? And then how well did he do?
Speaker 4: No one's no one's clubbing around the head with a driver.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: You haven't got to go in front of you and his pants down, with his dick out, helicoptering in front of you trying to put you off.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: That's why it hurts so bad when you start losing a gulf to your mate, because you're just like, ah, I'm doing this. I can't pin this on anyone else. You know, you can't be like, well, if this guy had a better game than this guy, no, no, no, no, no, yeah, you and completely unopposed you, and only you defeated yourself. That's why it hurt Rory so so much. I I think did Kyle Mills mention this on the podcast yesterday? By the way, going on, let's into that podcast if you haven't yet. It's a crack some great stories from Kyle. But he was saying, because we were saying Rory McElroy, we were betting against him. He couldn't even close the divorce. How was he going to close out a tournament? And Kyle Mills was just like, yeah, it seemed to me like he looked at that divorce sentiment was just.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, absolutely not. Oh how much a week? God, Okay, we are remaining married. We'll figure this out.
Speaker 4: We can figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so that should have been the yeah.
Speaker 1: But I don't know where that leaves hut, because you know, how how does he go the next couple of weeks. You've just tried to flick your messages, haven't been able to pull it off.
Speaker 3: Now you now you're he didn't lose.
Speaker 1: He came second, so he didn't lose This is still a good result for him.
Speaker 5: But still he's probably still won a couple of million backs's private.
Speaker 3: JITs worth like thirty five million dollars.
Speaker 1: He's doing okay, he needs a little bit of perspective, But how would you go.
Speaker 3: Over those next two weeks just sitting around?
Speaker 4: You know, I just used me? Then?
Speaker 5: How good is it to know that you know a guy who's got a thirty five million dollar jet, he's worth one hundred of millions. Still having trouble with the missus, same the same as shame issues.
Speaker 6: As shit kickers like us, same problems, same issues. Yeah, he's still on that plane going shut the fuck up. We I'm just seriously, I know, I'll come. Look, I'll separate the whites.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll take the fluff out of the dryer, for fuck's sake, Yes, give me five minutes.
Speaker 4: Five minutes.
Speaker 3: How was I don't know that doesn't go in the dryer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't separate the colors that I didn't know you your cardigan was in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you fucked the frying bet. It wasn't because I put it in the dishwasher A couple of times. You've been scraping it with that thing anyway.
Speaker 5: Can you hear off the wall of the shower, by the way, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Just you're right.
Speaker 1: It goes to show no matter whether you're driving a fucking two thousand dollars Suzuki Swift or thirty five million dollar private jets.
Speaker 4: Yet the same shit.
Speaker 1: People's problems are problems totally, you know, and they get the magnitude goes up. Oh yeah, but everybody's still got the same problems. Yeah, But again it's all framing because if you look at the other way around, he just came sick in the US Open, I take it.
Speaker 3: I complain about that.
Speaker 1: I think it's just the weight of expectation that people put on him and that he puts on himself.
Speaker 4: And he's probably got a Netflix crew following him as well.
Speaker 3: Oh that would have been a part of it.
Speaker 5: Mere probably on the private yet and he's like, can we can we know, can you guys just fuck off just for right now?
Speaker 3: Can we just take a couple of weeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, Rory mclroy is out for a couple of weeks and then he's going to come back and defin the last one that you want I'm looking forward to seeing how he comes back. I just I'm going to steer clear of him with my own yeah, be account, he's too volatile.
Speaker 3: Break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm taking a break, taking a break from him.
Speaker 1: From Rory McElroy onto rugby. This story popped up and I was like, this is right now. Wheelhouse, a former Western Force rugby player has chased down and a legit knife wielding team and a Perth street in Australia.
Speaker 3: Have you seen this story?
Speaker 1: No, so they've got CCTV footage from his front porch. His name is Brianard's Standard. He played four seasons for the Western Force and obviously has stayed on there living in Perth. Anyway, out the front of his house, a drug deal went bad. Two teams walked up to, of course, a commodore ute. They leaned in the window. There's obviously a bit of a dealing going on and one of the teams opens the door just start slashing.
Speaker 3: He's got to catch a knife. It's all on.
Speaker 1: So the guys get out of the car, the teens in the fraca one of them gets cut as well.
Speaker 3: Then old Brinard.
Speaker 1: Stand Standard he comes out the front door and just goes starts chasing them up, all of them, two of them. The two teams starts chasing them up the street. The teams couldn't outrun the form of flak oh. One of them just sat down. The other one ran and he chased them and he said, we were running. And I said to him, mate, if you want to keep running, I can run quite fast. So I suggest you just stop and wait for the police. And that's what he did. He sat down and waited he minister to calm them down, and then eventually the police took the two kids away. Got how good it would you be if you were a teenage drug dealer wielding a knife and you're like, look, I reckon, I'm going to stand over these two dudes. As long as a super rugby flanker doesn't come out the front door of one of these houses, We're going to be sweet.
Speaker 4: I can imagine.
Speaker 5: It's like it's a Dalton, Papa Lee or Tom Robinson's sized person, you know, like a specimen.
Speaker 3: He's just like one.
Speaker 5: He's just like terminated running after you go. I would run old day. Yeah, like fuck, he's probably like overtaking you. Yeah, I could have picked you know it could have picked Mark Turkey or something, you know, like you could outrun him.
Speaker 1: But well I don't even know if I could run Mark Turkey of the moment, but yeah, so unlucky for them. And now there's a story on the Herald as well about where all of the different trophies are from the various Super Rugby iterations.
Speaker 4: Because every time it changes numbers, they change it.
Speaker 1: They make a new trophy actually quite like the one that they've got at the moment. So when it's Super fourteen fifteen, I don't know if they made one for Super Rugby Pacific. I think they did. Anyway, the Super twelve trophy is sitting in christ Church.
Speaker 3: Shit at the moment, as a lot of them are.
Speaker 4: And do you get so there's not the same one.
Speaker 1: There is the same one, yes, but because when they you know, switched from Super twelve to Super fourteen, then they made a new trophy. The Super twelve one will stay forever. Yeah, and Crusaders territory. But over the I think it was ten years that Super twelve was going. Only three teams ever won the trophy. Do you want to ever guess at what those three teams were? Blues, Yes, Sharks, no.
Speaker 4: Brumbies.
Speaker 3: Brumbies are one of them yet so Blues.
Speaker 4: Brumbies And is it a Safecan team, No, it's a Crusaders.
Speaker 3: It's sitting in there.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to admit it. I don't want to admit it. I just didn't want to say it.
Speaker 1: I thought that was quite interesting that only three teams had ever won the Super twelve trophy. Probably the most interesting part.
Speaker 4: Of well then Crusaders came.
Speaker 5: Remember they came dead last in the very first Super Rugby competitions.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that did last?
Speaker 4: Who their captain was? Richard Low?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 4: They sucked hard.
Speaker 3: That was a while ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Blues were like, yeah dominant Blues. Blues just played their NPC team all Blacks, so much so that.
Speaker 1: They had to divvy up like the Auckland Northland region.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they gave it to the chiefs. They go to the chiefs and counties. Menico Counties was part of the Chiefs too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it still I don't know, I think it might be, but yeah, I just thought it was interesting that there was only the three of them. And how good the Brumbies have been for Super Rugby. How good's which one got disrespected?
Speaker 5: Was that the Super Rugby alt remember they oh.
Speaker 3: The one that the Blues won.
Speaker 4: And they broke it? Was that that one? Is that the one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it was something chipped off the ind of Yeah, like, oh no, it's a great disrespect.
Speaker 4: They just on the pas and dropped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. It would be a great disrespect of nothing happened to it. Yeah, correct, that would.
Speaker 5: So it's a long line, it's a long tradition of doing terrible things on trophy, That's right. Look at the Ramfley Shield for example in Hawk's Bay. That's not the worst thing that's happened to that Ramfley shield. No, I've heard of far worst things happening on that Ramfley shield then some reason being lined up with some credit cards.
Speaker 1: And I've always argued that the worst thing that actually happens to that rand Filly Shield is that anyone lets their kids near it when it does the tour. Afterwards, when a new region wins it and it does the tour of.
Speaker 3: The schools and not the kids, It's like, I.
Speaker 5: Think there needs to be a dark light written, you know, over that before any kids touch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, mass gloves.
Speaker 5: That's why they have to wear the white gloves.
Speaker 1: It's not because it's sacred, it's to protect your hands. Yeah, but some sad news out of rugby. This came out yesterday morning. Connor garden Baship most recently just finished up with the Highlanders multi All blacks player as well.
Speaker 3: He passed away after a medical event.
Speaker 1: It was only two twenty five, twenty five twin daughters. That's real heartbreaking stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is terrible news.
Speaker 1: Scent shockwaves around the rugby community around the world, you know, because you never expect this kind of in twenty five for anyone. It's too young, but you know, someone in the peak physical condition with so much going for them.
Speaker 3: So the rugby world.
Speaker 1: Is sending their condolences to the to Connor's family. So yeah, very very sad stuff out of the rugby world. We're going to take a quick break. We'll come back with the NBA, the National Basketball Association of America found their champion use today and what I believe to be the most boring finals that I've watched in my life.
Speaker 5: I think I look and you know that I'm not a I had Ya fan. I'm a fly By nighter. I dipping it out, mainly due to my twelve year old son's obsession with that.
Speaker 1: But you're in non considual you don't want to be. But from every angle I do.
Speaker 5: But even the finals, even the conference finals, I found pretty dull. Normally we do a watch along and everyone gets into it and there's quite a lot of banter around it, and there's usually quite a lot of talk about it, But this is just kind of fizzle in the background. They obviously Boston threw the game against Dallas that last home game.
Speaker 3: Yes, obvious.
Speaker 5: Obviously they did that so they could win it at home, and then they did convincingly.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so yeah, so they threw game four in Dallas so that they could then win the game at home. I believe that wholeheartedly as well, because they had a whole strategy when they so in the last three minutes they were winning, they started subbing players out so they could have the round of applause from the crowd. It was like, this whole thing has been staged. Ah, not by the league but differently by the Celtics.
Speaker 5: Oh totally, And I mean, if you like, I don't think we mentioned the odds on it last week around that that game is like staking on Dallas because no way that Boston are going to win it in Dallas.
Speaker 1: And then the most us thing is after they do all of that there now in my meet partying to celebrate, they don't even.
Speaker 3: Stick around and bost it.
Speaker 4: That does suck.
Speaker 3: They bounced, they left straight away.
Speaker 5: Is that because they all live there because of the tax exemptions? Do they all live in Jupiter, Florida? Do every sports style live in Jupiter, Florida?
Speaker 3: I don't think they do, but it would make sense.
Speaker 5: Because all the golfers live there, and so do a few Formula one drivers and football.
Speaker 3: Players and stuff.
Speaker 4: No state tax, yeah, so they don't pay income to it.
Speaker 3: Weird, does wealth taxes?
Speaker 4: They call over there?
Speaker 1: Where does Florida get its money from the state cocaine? Because Texas has no income tax either.
Speaker 4: They have oil oil?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's Florida got?
Speaker 3: Lots of old people, we get all your money.
Speaker 1: Florida seems a little suspicious because the infrastructure seems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got afreshing and shit.
Speaker 1: Just this morning, we had to push the recording of this podcast back because all trains in Auckland were canceled. Adam Our, producer couldn't get into work this morning. Maybe do we need to start becoming a cocaine haven so that we I.
Speaker 4: Think we are already, aren't we.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if the I don't know if the volt margins, the margins margins are so good here, so if you need cocaine dealers out there listening, international great margins here allegedly. But I'm just saying, maybe we're too far away. That's our problem, isn't it. But I'm just saying, you know, if we.
Speaker 4: We legalize it, yeah, we can, we can grow the fields of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw that there's a company over in South America that's trying to put the coca back into the coke co cola. They want to make a cola out of a proper Coca cola, proper coca cola. But yeah, I know, I think I think that could be something that could work for us. You know, they've all gone to party in Miami.
Speaker 4: Hey, I've got breaking news.
Speaker 5: We don't break the much news in here, but they say you do on Cleaver on the bounce, broke it came. Williamson has turned down a central contract with New Zealand Cricket, so he has decided not to take that central contract to and it's the excuses, not the excuse. The reason is it's going to kind of elongate his career in New Zealand. He's making himself available for the Test matches over summer, but he is made himself available for the South African League, which is through January. Apparently that's a window there in January when New Zealand doesn't have any home games, but he has made himself available. He said he wants to play three to twenty twenty seven and be available for New Zealand. But that is and the New Zealand Cricket are saying. Scott Weenick, the CEO, is saying this is an exception for only players who've shown great commitment to IU. Trent Bolt, Jame Williamson, Tim Saudi would probably be eligible, but he has said he is captain of the Test team, so he will take a central contract.
Speaker 4: But you'll have others who will slip off that as well. Lockie Ferguson has turned down the central contract.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's going interesting development and how cricket will be governed and how they will govern the players and availability because for the longest time and forever he's going to Crecket have said you if you're not on a central contract, you ain't playing Test cricket.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: Now they've got their greatest Test batsman of all time who's come off contract and said I still want to play Test cricket.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that opens the door also for Trent Bolt, because he was on his own, really on that casual contract, and he's you know, he says I want to play Test cricket and they said no, we prioritize central contracted players. But now you've got Steady the Ship. You can't leave Steady the Ship out. If we leave Steady the Ship and Trent Bolt avera test team, you're like, the fans will revolt.
Speaker 4: Yeah they will. They will.
Speaker 5: You've got to They're going to have to select him and therefore make Trent available. And Trent I don't you know, I think if he's not playing T twenty he will make himself available. Yeah, and you'd have to you have to select them, particularly last I mean, he's only got a couple of years. We've an aging team. As Cole Mill said, you know, there's only is there in the twilight. Most of these guys in the last couple of years. But he is still clearly our best bowler and he is clearly still our best bats Yes, so it's going to an interesting time to see how that rolls out.
Speaker 4: We've got some We've got some tricky games coming up.
Speaker 5: We've got a one off chest against Afghanistan in a neutral territory most likely India coming up. We have a tour of Sri Lanka and we have a tour of India with some Test matches coming up in kind of September October. So it never stops. Yeah, it doesn't ever stop. So they're on their way back from the West Indies now. But that's a difficult subcontinent. Yeah, a couple of difficult sub that. Afghanistan is going to be a banana skan in India as well. Just have a Test against Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: Uh Yeah, I feel that way because of the recent loss of Afghanistan and the Tea twenty Yeah, but I do wander even and again go listen to it Becayle Milsid yesterday that in a Test match that we probably beat.
Speaker 3: Them, yeah nine times out of nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the variants of the Tea twenties the screw up. But I'm sort of fluctuating back and forth between. You know, they kept saying this does a set of precedent for other players, and I've always been like, yeah, the president is if you're one of the greatest bowlers we've ever created and you get to do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Revenger is not going to turn around and go I want to be on a casual no, and I want to still play test cricket.
Speaker 4: They'll go, you've played one test mate or two tests or whatever.
Speaker 5: That's right, It's like you can go, you will will fill your spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that is that will be the sea changes if that happens, if the player, you know, players who are still coming up and making a name for themselves when they start to do it. Because the other thing is is the money is just going to tip massively in favor of just going on the T twenty Mercenary League.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I sort of thought it would have been already, but it doesn't seem to be. You know, people still want to play for the black Caps.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think there's a there's a clause in there that I think the players Association and I'm giving if I can completely cock this up, but the negotiation when you ZeLing Cricket is New Zealand Cricket will release players to play in international T twenty leagues, so you can get your time. Yeah, when when reasonable and suitable or whatever.
Speaker 4: There's a kind of an.
Speaker 5: Airy fairy clause near they going to know you're going to have to play this test or the player can go back. I really want to do this. I don't want to do that. You know, there's it's not hard and fast. They allow players to go and play in these leagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that potentially how rugby could get around it? Then to be like, right, here's the Super Rugby League. We condense the Super Rugby schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you we.
Speaker 3: Then have an international window.
Speaker 1: After that you go do your six week stint in Japan, yep or whatever.
Speaker 3: Make your millions come back. And that's how we work to calendar.
Speaker 5: That could actually potentially, I mean there is there is also with the cricket it's very complex. Essentially contracted players also usual Cricket get ten percent of their salary in the IPL as well as part of the deal.
Speaker 4: So you know why.
Speaker 5: I think it's just part of the partnership with the Zion Players Association allowing them to play the IPL giving them that window to make that money. As a part of the association gets ten percent of that, but that's only if they play, and this year not many of the New Zealanders played. Trent White was the only one. Lucky Ferguson only played one game. I think even came. Williamson only played one or two games.
Speaker 3: Is he injured?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, they were all available. Glen Phillips hardly played sat and I certainly didn't play that much. Mitchell played a few games. So yeah, when you're gonna creet what I missed out in a bit of cash there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think why it's so interesting is because it's quite clearly in a transition phase from the way it used to be played to what where we're actually going to end up. And so at the moment it's like, I think we'll look back on this period, but remember when like Bolt and Williamson were on some weird contract and everyone else on a different thing.
Speaker 5: I mean it maybe far before we have the the Auckland super Kings, the Wellington.
Speaker 4: I don't know what were they.
Speaker 5: Like, super Giants whatever, the Super any any IPL franchise, the kidd Kidded or night Riders, correct yeah, will Yeah, I think it will be and they'll come down and now Andre.
Speaker 3: Russell will come down.
Speaker 4: It's the KKAKR and that's how it's kind of working. And it's kind of like the old mate who's got Auckland FC.
Speaker 5: You know, he's got a Premier League team, he's got a couple of minor league teams and he's going to use it to move.
Speaker 4: His players about in New Zealand.
Speaker 5: Will be a development hub when basically developing players to then move up into the Premier League.
Speaker 1: Every Friday night in summer in Hamilton, I can go down and watch Dre Russ bash and sixes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All in for that totally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I wouldn't be surprised if that's not far away, because they mean what the night Riders up. Even they got teams in the CPL and in America.
Speaker 1: And every single one that they set up, they send Andre Russell over to start the tournament. He'll be fifty three years old when he comes over here to start k All right, let's park that for now. It is a Wednesday, so let's get into a half baked sports idea.
Speaker 2: Half baked sports.
Speaker 1: This is one that I wanted to get to last week, but we couldn't for various different reasons. And I got the idea while we were at the field Days, and my idea is sports field days.
Speaker 3: Why not have field days? But for sports it is the night of nights.
Speaker 1: The week of weeks for the rural community, and a lot of people sort of if they haven't been or they're not from a rural place, they don't really understand what it is. Is it just a sales event, Is it just a meet like a meetup?
Speaker 3: Is it this that?
Speaker 1: It's actually all of those things and it's just a carnival for those kinds of people. There's big purchases being made, there's great deals, lots of free shit.
Speaker 3: And my idea is for anyone.
Speaker 1: Who plays a field sport, they can come and check out the latest technology, the gear, the boots, the gadgets. If you sell boots, balls, bags, come and sell your wars. We could have you know, they have tracked the pulling, fencing competitions, timber sports, these kind of things.
Speaker 3: At the field Days.
Speaker 1: We could have a force back game, bull rush, penalty shootout, this kind of thing, which makes me think we could also tie this into if Super Rugby had a North versus South game, which is that which would be our version of.
Speaker 3: A All Star weekend. Yeah? Peer that with sports field days.
Speaker 5: Well you this is you're getting dangerously close to an idea ahead a while ago called the Super.
Speaker 4: Weekend in Auckland.
Speaker 5: And that's when we put every single event on in one weekend. We put the v Eights on out and POKACOI. We put the Auckland Marathon on, we put a one dayer on, we put Super Rugby on, we put a one dayer on, we put America's Cup on.
Speaker 4: Let's throw the field dates in the end.
Speaker 5: It's just we did all eggs and one basket for the Super Weekend. Check it all in there and just see if you can abstlutely just turn Auckland into an absolute abomination for three days.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I am probably getting a bit dangerously close to that. But I agree that there should be more sports there. Yeah, like proper sport. What do you mean at the orts field days?
Speaker 4: Yeah, or the field field Days. Just do it, do it like they do at the field days.
Speaker 5: Just combine and build a rugby field, build a five thousand seed a rugby field and have a game of footing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it'd just be a great opportunity.
Speaker 1: Like if you've got a high school age school age kid, I'd love to go to sports field Days, have a look at all the latest birds, catch up with their mates.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon we should combine it with the field days or you reckon?
Speaker 1: This is I think it needs to be separate field days a shit show as it is in terms of like getting people to and from.
Speaker 4: I thought, youtly you're saying combine it.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, I'm saying make this make field days of sport, okay, because no, otherwise it would get overshadowed. And also you already can't get accommodation in Hamilton over field days. But yeah, I think that sports field Days, I think people would people would go to that. You'd have it, I reckon around the February sort of area. So coming into winter, getting you into gears.
Speaker 5: To start of kind of start a super rugby, Yeah, finish have your super rugby teams.
Speaker 3: Then maybe they launched their teams.
Speaker 5: It's maybe the first game of the season has played there.
Speaker 3: Maybe the first game of the season's played there.
Speaker 5: You have it on the odd Oval and eating Park. Yeah, and then the game kicks off later on.
Speaker 1: Fijiiways could give away trips to go and watch, you know, Crusaders play against the drawer, because I still we've talked about this before, getting ten thousand people already there to do something else and then piling them into the stadium as a win.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, one hundred percent on that note.
Speaker 1: Complete side note, but I saw the Blues posting last night our congratulations we've sold out Eden Park.
Speaker 3: You haven't, the fucking Chiefs have you?
Speaker 4: Watch out? There is tens of thousands of Chiefs coming over the Bombay Hills.
Speaker 1: Yes, you watch out that. Okay, maybe they've sold every seat. First of all, I doubt it. Second of all, you didn't sell at the Blues fans. I've been watching Super Rugby this year. You guys didn't buy this. So you wait, man, that State highway that is going to be It's going.
Speaker 3: To be like mad Max Fury ro back.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I cannot wait. I cannot wait.
Speaker 5: At the Dunkirk Super Ragby is happening on Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we've got a mountain of yours pleases to get through as per usual, So we'll take one quick break and then we'll be back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought to you by Leader, Home of the Las Top.
Speaker 1: Think shout out the Leader as well. This is your opportunity to get involved with the show. Don't just sit there yelling at your phone and anger when we get things wrong. Push the button, record yourself yelling at your phone, send it through to us and confront us head on.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call it here.
Speaker 7: Yours please, Hey, fellas, gotta get a Milersy story for you. Back in twenty ten, I was working out the can't rehab Pillick and Tamaque and we assure them with the Black Caps, and I was checking this old colder on the bike and he was just abviously talking shit about the black Caps. Look up and Carl Mells was the by next time and he got off to go to this thing and I seem to forgot I knew how it was, and he was like, no, Carl Mills, mat is ah shit, sorry, oh.
Speaker 3: Well, just just ship talking about thanks to him.
Speaker 5: I mean we've probably all experienced that in some way of shape or form, and just in the media you be like, fuck.
Speaker 4: Fuck, I hate the A C. C.
Speaker 5: Fact they just just bone on follow ship and I'm like and now you.
Speaker 3: Just have to oh yeah no.
Speaker 1: But what I find is people do that straight to your face, and particularly when we used to work in radio.
Speaker 4: Hi, yeah high. I listened to the right. I don't listen to that station. I didn't ask you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what do you do? You're a plumber? Why don't use your plumbing?
Speaker 4: Seritace, I will say I didn't ask you.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask you. The one argue is sorry, I don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: It's like, do you just when I haven't introduced myself, And I'm like, do you just go around telling people that you do or do not know who they are.
Speaker 5: It's like going up to someone going hey Matte when you don't know, Hey mate, your Meddi's ugly. Well I didn't ask you. I didn't ask your opinion, but you're happy to give it to me.
Speaker 1: One week, I was filling in for metting Jerry and I was at the at this pub and I met a friend of a friend, the first time I'd ever met him. He goes, oh, I heard you on Hurdarchy Breakfast this week. Is like, oh yeah, he goes, actually stay everything. He went and got his wife, brought his wife over and goes, tell this guy what you were saying about hidaky breakfast this week? She goes, oh, those villain guys are shit. I wish they'd bring Matt and Jerry back. And I was like, you win, and got your missus to come and say that, knowing what she was about to.
Speaker 5: Say, you gotta have you gotta have a You're gonna have a crocodile skin to work in media these days.
Speaker 1: I thought you were actually going to say that time you called Edin for Do a blaker coward for taking this time to Australia, And.
Speaker 3: Then it got back to him.
Speaker 5: I first said the act of not taking him a cowardly, I didn't call him a coward, okay, and I certainly would not say that to his face or in the same rum as well, here yours please.
Speaker 8: Yeah, get it boys, it's jack awful day hair again. Firstly, sorry for calling you guys done last week. I was having an absolute shock of that down giving everyone a spray. Secondly, that multi room massy situation, I'm with you on that one gelane. That is a solid no go, but no, you can fill your booth the hard thanks. And thirdly I followed you boys in on Scheffler.
Speaker 5: Sorry mate anyway, Yeah, sorry that scheffer Also, I didn't say i'd leave the TV off either left he left the audience guessing, and the audience made some assumptions that's what happened there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would have to turn it off if you didn't listen to that episode. It was when the skyboxers were connected and someone's father was watching in the lounge.
Speaker 4: That was watching some blue content, adult.
Speaker 1: Content, and this person had to make a judgment call did they watch along with their father or do they switch it off? I don't know what they did. I still don't know what I'd do, and I guess we're never another call here. Yours fizzled a bit the more to Mini's comments about that the BFS leagues just follow the money.
Speaker 7: It's Saudi suitcase the Olympics. It's hundred million dollars every gold medal.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we'll get some absolute freaks out there.
Speaker 7: We are eight second, hundred meters and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Love to see it.
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts? Who?
Speaker 1: This is a great idea because I've been saying that like Lebron James and his prime probably would have won the high jump at every Olympics, but because he gets paid a billion dollars to go play basketball, that's where he goes. I have a suspicion that some of the best athletes are not in those events because there's more money to.
Speaker 3: Be made in other events.
Speaker 4: It surprises me that Saudi haven't tried to wash the Olympics.
Speaker 3: That's perfect.
Speaker 4: It seems like the perfect target. I guess, corrupt enough, Yeah, totally. Yeah, So maybe they make enough money. I don't know. Maybe no, no, no, no, I don't think, but I think that's prime for the picking, isn't it.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? You've got these guys who have dedicated their lives. They're not getting paid the same as professional team sport athletes. You know, you can't tell me that the guys going around doing that Diamond League and stuff, doing the javelin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that they're making millions, so they'd be up for it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, like the caller said, we don't give out gold medals, we give out the Saudi suitcase. So you give out goal, you get handed a suitcase and the suitcase depending on if you come first, second, or third.
Speaker 4: Is how big the suitcase is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's metal. It can be a gold suitcase and you just get.
Speaker 5: Past it and that's it. Insiders ten million dollars, you get billions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that is a great idea that makes a lot of sense. I can't, like you said, I can't believe that hasn't happened. Nah, because Olympics is filthy.
Speaker 4: They're asking to be washed.
Speaker 1: It's right for the pickings. We're heading through the Middle East on the way over to Munich. Makes some calls, make some calls. I want to extend my stay, so I'll pop and see shape made pop and see shake my dear friend of mine, May peace be upon him, and it's an incredible man. I'll read you some of the quotes that he's come out with. Do you know he came up with equals empty squired shake mate? Yeah, it was written on the wall of the mall I was walking through. Anyway, I digress. Another caller here yours please?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, quick question about the Warriors game on the weekend. Normally we play the Storm and over there we asked for a game back here for ends it day, got it against the Turts. Why would the Storm having the old Boys Day at our home ground when their team ran out. All their old boys are there?
Speaker 3: What was that about?
Speaker 9: It seems really weird and just the nralder in our Nral things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, walking the dog there. I presume we can hear the jingle of the leader. Yeah, I explained that I can't.
Speaker 3: I tried to look into it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find when the official Old Boys Day was meant to be. It wasn't on the weekend that wasn't there official Old Boys Day. I don't really know what it was. I should probably head up White Only Corporate, who played for the Melbourne Storm, and see if he can tell me why all those guys are there.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but power move.
Speaker 1: Holding your Old Boys Day at someone else's ground.
Speaker 5: I fully endorse it because it's like a boy's weekend. Because you don't want your boys weekend in your own turf, no, you know what I mean, Like it's like you don't you don't have a boy's weekend where you live at home.
Speaker 4: You go somewhere else. So I highly endorse the fact that they're old boys. Is should we go to New Zealand?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Should go to all just get out of the country.
Speaker 5: Let's go out of the country and get lit for our old boys, because if we stick around here, someone's going to film us bubbling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone's going to film us with a dog, you know.
Speaker 1: Like, but if we go over there, there's genuine evidence that we're here on a work trip.
Speaker 3: Here, we are here, we are standing on halfway at Mount Smart.
Speaker 5: And also, to be fair, no one's going to recognize half of them when you know, I mean I saw them and I was like, I don't know who that is. All that is there's no real big names that you could go you could point out.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, like Billy Slater wasn't standing on Yeah yeah, so I reckon that could could they would have gone up to all sorts. Yes, But I also think from a team point of view, it's a great like distraction for the other team. It's almost a half back sports to hold your moments of significance at away games.
Speaker 4: But sorry, guys, just hold on just before we start this game and do a middle presentation. We're just going to present you know.
Speaker 3: The cimber Manoring Medal for long service.
Speaker 4: When you're at home against the Roosters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, over in Bondo with us a bit nicer, So we were doing over hope you don't mind.
Speaker 4: Good backfire. Get these is off our field like that should have been the motivation. I like it's powerful stuff. Another caller here yours space?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good old fellas. This is a book lay In fact, the first form made.
Speaker 10: I don't hate you, love your passionate commitment, so fuck you run else.
Speaker 3: But but but we question.
Speaker 10: I've been to both of the Chiefs finals with no one but obviously could have made it to the Bulls or the Crusaders way one any last year could have made it to the Crusaders game we go forty.
Speaker 4: So do I go this weekend?
Speaker 10: And if I make the tru to Aukland, does that mean the mana bus gets up?
Speaker 4: Chess said, get up here, get up here.
Speaker 5: Obviously you went to some finals which we lost, so it's not a curse. You went to the They said, he didn't go to any finals they lost. He's only been to the two that they won. So is he the reverse curse?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what I mean. Get up here, Yeah, get up here.
Speaker 5: The Manabus is coming and it's going to steamroll some Blues fans. It's going to basically drive down Ponsonby Road and run over every crop top wearing buck wet.
Speaker 4: You'll ever see what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And I think this is a rare case of a man who, if he ever gets a hold of a time machine, should not go back and kill baby Hitler. He should go over to the bulls chiefs demolishing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I remember watching it in the middle.
Speaker 5: I was based in WW then and I specifically got a bar to open for me so I could go and watch it and just sat there, and unfortunately for me, there was a couple of Saffers in the room and we absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was like sixty one seventeen or something like that as the highest score in the final.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty tough. So he should go back in time and fly over there. Yeah, I don't know where the bulls are from the shock.
Speaker 4: And I went down the Northern Bulls They pratoria.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway, go back there did to us to save them? Yeah, they are alongside the Cheaters and the Kings.
Speaker 3: Was it a thing? Anyways?
Speaker 4: Again, Worms Storms Stormers, another call here yours please.
Speaker 11: Barry mcconcane back here again.
Speaker 7: And I've been away for a while, but with their finals coming up, this weekend.
Speaker 11: I just want to I want to remind you of a date, six of August twenty sixteen that was the last time we saw a final felt the fucking Crusaders And I don't know this weekend up the fucking chase manor let's go le fuck those apen bracks.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 5: I thought I heard someone like a muffled scream in the background there, like someone likely they've got a gag in their mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, help me a couple of points on this. The first is sixth of August twenty sixteen. It is going to be the twenty something of June when we play this. Super rugby is creeping further and further forward. It's getting out of control.
Speaker 5: Yeah that is well, we've advocated to move it back. Yeah, move it back, get it out of summer, back.
Speaker 1: To where it should be. I think that the country is united in this. I think that the Chiefs are New Zealand's.
Speaker 3: Team this week.
Speaker 5: I think everyone's on the bus. I think everyone's on the south of the Bombay. Everyone is on the bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think so, even as a one eyed cantab because then I can say, well, look we beat the Chiefs, you know, so it's fact that.
Speaker 4: Well that's good.
Speaker 5: That's good for our commentary as well our coverage, because we are the most one eyed coverage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you want to hear a couple of wounders just talking about the man of bus yep and crashing Auckland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then chune in on Skysport nine on Saturday, just after the Warriors. So another massive Saturday of sports. Right, it is a time for us to leave. We're gonna get out of here because David Yik is having a press conference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is at sky City. We're gonna get there. We're running late.
Speaker 3: We're about late half an hour, so we may or may not say it. We may miss it. We may have something to tell you tomorrow. We may not enjoy the risk of day.
Speaker 4: But I also say that the girls in the office when he came out, they are still recovering.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've changed. They've had to change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've had to change roles. It's an h R shot at this point. All right, we're gonakock something on the head. We will see you tomorrow for another episode of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You have been listening to The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for William. You get your podcasts