Speaker 1: You're listening to a shares these podcast you're pitch to investors. So this project could produce between your one point one million of ounces of gold and that could mean one point one billion to two billion dollars of net profits over ten years. But a lot of that depends on the gold price. Talk to me about the outlook for the gold price. How do you think about that because it's quite high at the moment right.
Speaker 2: That's quite high. Outscoping study was actually done on a conservative long term goal price of sixteen fifty US or twenty seven hundred key we even on that metric produced that, as you say, one billion dollars a net profit after tax. But going forward, yes, we're definitely at record pricing right now. For gold obviously has a gold mine. It's pleasing to see and definitely drives a lot of interest. Where it ends up is beyond our control, definitely say that because it's a it's an international commodity that's are well traded. What we have to do is we get our project up, get our capital, get our project, manage our bottom line, our costs, and ensure that there is a margin there. And look at almost two and a half thousand dollars. Key, we announce there's plenty of margin.
Speaker 1: And yeah, got goal process tend to Yeah, what is the lowest it can go before you have to pull the plug on the project? Do you have do you have a goal price in your head that if it gets to that you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Oh look, it's well below two thousand, seven hundred. I see that was a conservative pricing and we still made a profit.
Speaker 1: What is it now through thirty nine?
Speaker 2: I think it was over four thousand this week, So go back over over that price. So it's I guess it's it's a commodity that is complex, it's well traded. It goes up when it goes up, and it goes down when it goes down, and you can pick the drivers for that, I guess right now at central bank buying, but also a little bit uncertainty and international geopolitical scene as a financials. But we'll take whatever the prices at the time we start producing, and that's what it will be.
Speaker 1: So you've scoped the project at a price of two thousand, seven hundred US, so it's profitable at seven two seven.
Speaker 2: Hundred absolutely one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the one billion, and then the two billion dollars is at the current price at.
Speaker 2: Three nine hundred virtuals. Is the spot back in April when we release that report.
Speaker 1: Very interesting in terms of what drives the price. You just referenced central bank buying there. What about just things like in tech components and jewelry and what would call it practical uses? Is that drove the price much? Is it all about the story of value?
Speaker 2: Oh, look, no doubt. I'm not much of a student on that goal pricing on the mining engineer by trade, but absolutely I think the technicological applications are a big part of it. I think, you know, there's all a little bit of gold and everybody's smartphone a very small amount, less than ten bucks, but it is something. I don't know how many smartphones are in the world, but I think there was a.
Speaker 1: Lot a respector not the gold experting. We ask one more question because as a retail investor show, and that is gold suddenly has a competitor in being store of value Bitcoin, which people love and call it digital gold. How do you think about that? Are you worried that you know, bitcoin is going to displace gold?
Speaker 2: Not really, not really, I don't know much about cryptocurrencies. I think people like the idea of a physical store of wealth, and of course it does create its own physical industry. You know, we're going to have two hundred and fifty direct jobs at our operation down in Central Otargo. That will spawn at least three other jobs through free full time jobs, so be close to a thousand new jobs in the Central Otago region. So that's I guess widespread real economic driving activity versus Yes, sorry, crypto again, but I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: Don't want to fick a fight today. I guess one's one's one's one has a longer history.
Speaker 2: I suppose it's exactly a millennia long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Investing involves risk. You might lose the money you start with. We recommend talking to a licensed financial advisor. We also recommend reading product of Schoosure documents before deciding to invest.