Speaker 1: This is an iHeart Radio New Zealand podcast Out of the Gate with Maddy McClain, Chris Henry and Brad Christiansen.
Speaker 2: Jeers up above my Daddy.
Speaker 3: This is a deliciously cold one.
Speaker 2: I'm a cold one on a very sunny, hot day and Tamaki.
Speaker 1: Color so hot is here.
Speaker 2: It's a couple of days late officially because officionally summer starts on the first Yeah, was it the second?
Speaker 1: Today? Third?
Speaker 2: So it is a couple of days, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Third today, but it's fourth tomorrow when this podcast comes out, because we record on a Tuesday release.
Speaker 2: Of all Right, we're gonna have to come up with some new stuff for the next year.
Speaker 3: I don't think we should break a winning formula.
Speaker 1: If it an't broke down, fix it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, What are you gonna do? Come in the NB on the face? No babies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's true too, That is.
Speaker 3: True, but gooble gobble down the throat.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have the same ring to it.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Got to stick with that. Yeah, we're going to field days. They're always going to always going to field and we record on a Tuesday, upload on a Wednesday. That's the way it's always been and wait, yeah.
Speaker 3: How things should be? How things should the foundation? Absolutely, the founding documents, Horskin Fathers, three, Skin, Brody Ca Jody can be the fourth. Fourth Skin Jody can be the fourth for Center, the Founding Document. If we were ever organized enough to organize the founding Document, Yeah, absolutely, we hang on. We were the founding online document. The Dog and tell us about it this week. Well, it's got three great things in it and they all come from me. Oh, wind down, it's the silly season. Could it be? Could it be any more three weeks out from Christmas?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Like, it's just like beers fucking getting me in the dark. Who cares? Like, you know how we often talk about or how like hetero sexual people talk about you know that like unbridled male thing where it's like, you know, I could land a plane, Like if I was in a plane and I had to land, I could totally do I reckon. Our version of it is that we're like we commit during a podcast a week and we're like hundred forty five minutes of the best podcast you've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Zero bra was nothing in the dark, Nothing in the thing in the dark. Well, you just say you know what we're leaving in the dark. We can wing it. We can absolutely wing it. Yeah, so what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: It was the weekend.
Speaker 3: Boys, there's a one as a go on, it's a go on. That's my weekend. Oh, I went a wonderful weekend. I went and to family stuff this weekend. It was my sister's baby shower and there's already had one. So someone said to me, it's a baby spring cole in there. But either way, she got presents, she head cakes. She was pretty happy about it. It was so nice up to the beautiful winter north that rained the whole time we were there. Love to hang out with the family. Beat one with my sister in order of her mate. Does your mom come up for her?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She certainly did no show without punch mate. She was there with boughs on. I did some great regional things. I went to a regional antique store. Got buyers remorse because I saw something that I really wanted and I was like, I'm going to go back the next day and get it. Guess what it happens in the regions things open. No, Okay, so I can say it now because it's not going to happen. But I've done all my Christmas shopping apart from my need to do one thing, which was a secret Saner present for a family Christmas of my best mate. And it was explained probably it was a figurine or a little statue of a Catholic priest and he was all dressed up in his garb. It was a little flinging on his neck.
Speaker 1: What do they called the white collar? Yeah, I didn't you know what that's called. I have a name, they do have a name. Yeah, forgive us lord, And he was sort of good, I mean to be fair. Forgive us for a lot of things. Yeah, you're not remembering what the white collar is not low down on the list of things he needs to forgive us for.
Speaker 3: We give us for the past. I don't give us for the future anyway, anyway. And so I've stood up for this one because this is a visual demonstration, which you appreciate the podcast. And so he is like leaning over like this, So he's kind of got his ass cropped out and he's leaning down and in the small of his back you can put a wine bottle.
Speaker 1: Oh, very health, very Kim Kardassians.
Speaker 3: A very Kim Kardashian and I was like, this is absolutely perfect. This family has got some great Catholic roads. This will be perfect.
Speaker 1: But wait, what happened? So you went and saw it? And then did you think I'm not sure or you were in a Russian you thought I'd go back later?
Speaker 3: What it was actually even sillier than that. We saw it and we're like, oh, this would be a great one. But the limit of this secret Xander is twenty dollars and this thing was thirty five dollars. Firstly, who the fuck would know whether it was twenty dollars or twenty five dollars. It was a job done. We were into the car and I was like, we should have got there, and Matt was like, yeah, we definitely should have got there. And I thought, well, come back tomorrow. Brog all the way back there nothing?
Speaker 1: How far north was it?
Speaker 3: So this is up in Funday. So I think it's called treasures and troves or something like that. So if anyone, if we've got any Fangaday Gators coming to walk real good one, is it called treasure and tros.
Speaker 1: I have to look at my messages because mother was my mother went to be back together on Monday also closed on a Monday.
Speaker 2: You per spars between Tuesday and Saturday.
Speaker 3: Treasure drove. It's called can you riddle me this?
Speaker 1: While we're on the subject of things closing, So sorry, let's let's put it. Let's wrap this up.
Speaker 3: It up.
Speaker 1: So if for Gator is in far today and they're coming to walk on the next when do you need a buy?
Speaker 2: Oh, two weeks, two weeks time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know where treasures and troves are, yeah, held us up.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like in Fangaday town. You go out towards my new past the hospital a bit further on that way, small town starts of them.
Speaker 1: The So a couple of things. One, why wouldn't an antique store be open on a Sunday? Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: That seems like the regions that seems like the perfect antiquing day to me.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and on that lord day.
Speaker 1: On that note, just up the road from our neighborhood is a very good like Malaysian tie restaurant. Oh yes, I can't remember if it's Malaysian or Tie. They do a meager ring, which says to me Malaysian. But they also do a lot of Thie inspired dishes. So maybe it's just a amalgamation all very good food. Not open on a Sunday. Isn't Sunday like key takeaway.
Speaker 2: Night Friday and Sunday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose people are all had to have time off?
Speaker 1: Are they random? Monday or Tuesday night off when most people are cooking at home?
Speaker 3: Well, the space is also closed on Monday because I set my mum there the next day because she was still up there. So you're going up between Tuesday and Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yesterday when we recorded.
Speaker 1: The parameters are time. But I've got faith.
Speaker 2: I've got faith.
Speaker 1: I've got faith.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a pre spending over he's got faith as well.
Speaker 1: Forgive me, father. Indeed, how are you?
Speaker 2: How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: Weekend was very good? I have and I don't want to I don't want to be negative newly, but I have been very tired lately.
Speaker 3: That's the time of year.
Speaker 2: That's all right, it's to be tired, said in the fields.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I did try and have a bit of a like relaxing weekend as much as I could. We woke up, We woke up at a reasonable hour on Sunday, like seven a m. Or something. But we stayed in bed for like a couple of hours, which is so unlike.
Speaker 3: A cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Coffee and bed this thing down with perfect Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we stayed in bed, and then I was going to get up and play tennis because of course I'm a tennis pro.
Speaker 3: Of course, absolutely three weeks of the Amadillos and he's fitterer the games.
Speaker 2: That's like the casting for challenges too, being alongside Zandia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would Zinda, oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And I will, like you would definitely for all your sons prior to them. My god, I think.
Speaker 1: Right if I went for Zinda, yeah, and you go, you know what all that previous bumming forgotten about?
Speaker 3: God, he would be high fiving.
Speaker 1: Then fear this, What the funk would I like? What would I do? What would I do with it?
Speaker 3: In you watch you have to watch the instructional video.
Speaker 2: I think there's a few links around you could probably learn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not real life, that was it?
Speaker 2: No, it's not, it's not. You get the guest, the guest of the gest, the guest how they say it down in a yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, but he was in dire before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you all knewho I was talking about.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so I got up. I was going to play tennis that day. But it turns out gays in the rain don't max no icing. Sugar got canceled. Melt tennis got canceled on Sunday because it was raining.
Speaker 2: Melt in the rain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it is probably a bit dangerous to be slipsop sliding around the court.
Speaker 1: There, and apparently they didn't want to get their balls to get wet.
Speaker 2: Rugby players though, can you get their balls?
Speaker 1: Were absolutely? But I'm a bit nervous because I've got this big tennis tournament that I've signed up for this weekend.
Speaker 3: I tell you.
Speaker 2: That is that this weekend on Sunday that's coming around so far Wow, round robin.
Speaker 1: Round robin. And but I'm used to playing doubles and this is the singles tournament. Ah, so you'll be right.
Speaker 3: It's about about participation. It's about giving it a crack feel the racket, the racket, smatnan balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just never know. The spirit one with the rex, sleep with the record the night before.
Speaker 1: If you come a lot, you've both seen challenges, right. If you come along and watch me bread it will be. It'll be You'll be my Zendaya, because if I saw you in the stands, I'd be like, there's a dead one I can lock.
Speaker 2: And dress like fuckings in Zindia. God, she's hot in there for and just that that the outfit she's wearing is just yeah banging. Obviously what I'm up to Sunday. I've got some family up this weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, I'm the first one for the podcast, isn't it. We just started the podcast. We've we've covered off the regions, sports chat and how hot.
Speaker 2: A woman is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But we're a diverse group, aren't we? Just we're so diverse we never yak each other's How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: Bread week Yeah, bloody wet one, Edmund heavy, Edmund heavy weekend. You know, I didn't want to get out in there in the yard, but I didn't quite get out that you had. Yeah, they had a few tasks, but it was quite nice after Bannings. I was meant to bank into Bannings, but I didn't. Did I get the other weekend?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But you know it was that was actually quite average. Yeah, nothing exciting to report. And just for Carl, how are you good? You know, I'm just how are you good? Yeah, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Do you guys have big dalams with your boyfriends? Y?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, do you know? No?
Speaker 1: I try and have them with Ryan and it was it's just not it's not interested.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't even know what. I want to have a dn M in D and M about after a couple of like bev regenas, Yeah, after a couple of b Reginas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you need to nix nix sime morning the little morning and being maybe a couple of Irish coffee, yes.
Speaker 1: True, absolutely, okay, yeah, a little bit of getting I think rumby dumpy car and I start communication.
Speaker 2: Stufs quite good. We I think, yeah, like we've got something on him if something's bagging us.
Speaker 1: But it was working. That is true. We are good. We're real deep and yeah, no, we are good at that.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: You just wants some mindless default.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes you think about that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not fair enough.
Speaker 3: Hey, I started the week off with a big hat though. Tell me I went to Choice of Arm last night. Our wonderful gators are their kielder.
Speaker 1: I will say, I feel like maybe me and Brad were the only game in or not at choice of arm last night.
Speaker 3: Well, that was definitely what it was like. It was like going to It was like you going to a Buddings on the on a Saturday morning, and they were everywhere. I saw lots of gators in the world. Definitely saw some great people that I've seen comment on things, got to meet a few.
Speaker 2: Kielder to you, boy, that's awesome. It was so fun and she was filthy, really such.
Speaker 1: We've talked about we've talked about the clips we've seen in a line of him getting done on his knees in front of his dancers and.
Speaker 3: The song the first song is out on his knees and he's got that thing. And so it was last night of the two last night, so he was they were ready to let go, right he and I say this in probably a space of maybe like envy or jealousy, but he's absolutely living his best back in life. He's got six dancers. They are all gorgeous. They are all different shapes and sizes and genders and ethnicities and everything, and he just spends the whole show getting ridden by each one of them individually there's one part of the show where he is lying on top of a very big long table which is a very last supper esque, and a guy just gets up over the back of him and just like really just goes to town as behind while he just leans over and sings, oh my, oh sexy or hot, also knows where the camera is and got those real like little twink puppy dog eys where he's just like looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yes, but Top famously.
Speaker 3: Absolutely never touched the book works covering Yeah but sorry.
Speaker 1: An amazing show, so good. It was like a It was a full club spectacular. It was heaps and heaps are fun in and out pretty quick. I think we'd like an hour ten now twenty maybe like giving a lot of energy, and then heim And is like a pump club. Absolutely, I'm not mad at an hour twenty concert on a Monday. That's good.
Speaker 3: And then I saw from the internet today did he went to g a y last night?
Speaker 1: Are they open on a Monday night?
Speaker 3: That must be opened for had Well, they're not.
Speaker 2: They're not the bloody Treasure and Tribes, are they.
Speaker 3: No, we're not the readings anymore.
Speaker 2: And there's a big gay in town.
Speaker 1: I get of Troy Sevans in town. And you know that there's a lot of gays that have come to Auckland for the concert. You open, g A y, don't you have?
Speaker 3: I would think so moneymaker he even and I know this is internet's talking. You can see here that he posts to Otto with the UV lights that are in g a y, Oh my god, amazing and then lulls one amazing.
Speaker 2: I did no other sort of on the UV lights. No, definitely just the white teeth and don't those kind of comestains on his.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, g A y.
Speaker 2: I know, but you could have been a little bit more subtle thing subtle a brick, that's right.
Speaker 1: I did wonder how many gays in Auckland will have done their little like location search on grinder and put it specifically at sparking yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was definitely one of those days where I missed the orange face. Yeah, I was like, oh, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: I'm quite sure what I would have done with that, but the idea of being part of the party, I definitely saw.
Speaker 3: A lot of like window shopping, a lot of like looking through the grids, and I was like, oh, yeah, no shirts, you know, but yeah, everything. Everyone was dressed up really nice. Say, it was a great show. So if you were there along last night and I got to say hello to you, curedity. You other great thing about the show they were handing out free connies at the door. Very responsible. There would have lube in the packet and some people talking on themselves to blow them up into balloons. And so when he came up on stage, it was just a sea of condoms up in the air blowing around.
Speaker 2: Good but responsible. Hopefully they've got some more to use.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they did. I'm sure they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of doubt, wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of grids, I was on Instagram the other day, and you know, you can go deep into the like you can go deep into your algorithm.
Speaker 3: You for you page sort of thing you explore.
Speaker 1: No, I'm more talking about the back end.
Speaker 2: It taught me through this.
Speaker 1: You can see your insights like oh, and you can see your specifically your audience makeup. On Instagram.
Speaker 3: You can as normal plubs see this. Well, I've got a business account, so I don't know if you're a businessman. I'm very I'm very business heavy, very business focused, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but I'm not sure. But what I can do at least is I can see like where most of my followers come from, like countries. It breaks it down to cities. It tells you the age ranges of your audience, and it also gives you the gender split. Now I know that, like I love I love women, and I've always been drawn to women, and I surround myself with a lot of women in my life. But I was surprised that eighty five percent of my audience are women, gossy five percent. It's a bit like our list It's a bit like our listeners on out the gay.
Speaker 3: It's not there not, there's definitely still some there's home some Homesually.
Speaker 2: It's not about I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing doin the gay's a fuck all though, Right, I don't know. I follow Hi because he's you know, like so all I'll.
Speaker 3: Follow you, and then because you don't follow them, make that follow you.
Speaker 1: So I've only got fifteen percent men, and part of me is like, well, say, like that's oh totally, and also that's kind of probably the content I'm saving up is you know, maybe more targeted towards women. Maybe, Yeah, I am wondering, do you think there are things I could do to maybe just maybe, you know, change the percentage ever so slightly, so it wasn't like eighty five fifteen, Maybe it was seventy five twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about where you ask the gators what do they want? But it's going to be it's going to be the same audience.
Speaker 1: But maybe if you're a man, or you have a man in your life, what a man want to see on Instagram? What should I be serving up to them?
Speaker 3: I think they need to get that shirt off when you're running, I say straight to the job strap.
Speaker 1: About close friends, sort of scenario that's definitely attracting a certain audience. Maybe would you like some Well, I don't know. I just don't want to rely on the gates because we're a freckle bunch.
Speaker 2: You don't want to go down that far the continuum.
Speaker 3: You want to know?
Speaker 1: Could? I could? But I also don't want to alienate heteroceterral straight Yeah yeah, right, yeah, let's have to think about this, so let's work shop this, and maybe the gators do have some good suggestions that we be full of that.
Speaker 2: We definitely won't work shop it because we just never follow through. So anything from the Gators, can you tend to throw them all? Workshop that in twenty twenty six. Yeah, I'll give you a week to think about it. It though, and we could come back next week and talk. We've got a week to do that in two weeks to get bending over priest.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you usually thing that we do some sort of like sort of deep dive brandy in a Instagram handle.
Speaker 1: My Instagram handle is Meny mccleans.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did take you quite a lot in stories. I think also, as my uncle says, you got a pest with the cock you've.
Speaker 2: Got, it's I think maybe like whether you maybe get some more some more tennis, some more tennis. I'm here all day, you know, some tennis, some of your tennis stuff, some of your sports stuff. What I'm looking at, I think you're running and you know the summer at the beach speed election as well, because you might start creating, you know, bringing some of the other gays and I say more of this, I say more?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: That was That was the one and only topless photo I've ever posted on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Well, Gators, let me tell you something that photo has had two thousand two hundred and eleven likes. That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's not bad.
Speaker 3: It's not bad. What are you missed?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, that did well. Actually it did.
Speaker 3: Well more than a photo of you and Teddy swims Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, oh so more people like the topest photo of me than they did of me and Teddy swims.
Speaker 3: By almost three times.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really I'm doing I'm doing a deep dive in here now.
Speaker 2: So lots of woman like you and your you should please shoot off or.
Speaker 1: Maybe that got the gaze?
Speaker 3: Yeah, potentially absolutely, Okay, able to go bad news what you and your cute husband and earlier who has done better?
Speaker 2: Ah, that's always going to do well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's it. And there's a co lab post that's two people's audience is made true. Okay, yeah, anyway, this is this rivening conversation for those Okay.
Speaker 1: No, but this is good. This is good. Okay. So if the gays have any ideas of things that I can post content wise that might attracted the men, let me know.
Speaker 3: Perfect, So you had a quite weekind at home? Did the tree go up?
Speaker 1: Tree hasn't gone up? And that's honestly that's my bad on you and it's really just laziness on my part.
Speaker 2: My tree didn't go up either, but I because I ordered it too late, so I thought it was gonna you know, So hopefully it's on my doorstep tomorrow to put up this week.
Speaker 1: My grand plan was to put it up on Sunday because that was the first of the SCABBA and I wanted to put on like a Christmas movie. But Ryan was busy and I got busy and I ended up socializing with some friends and they got home late and we just got takeaways and went to be early because we were naked. So the tree didn't go up. And then yesterday just it's been busy. The tree has not gone up yet, but I'm desperate for it to go up.
Speaker 3: I got home from the podcast last week and there was a beard tree in my living room.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: All they talk about it home alone was on the TV. The tree was being put up, a half naked boyfriend just putting on some lights. I was like, it's loving.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: It's so nice. It's been and so it's obviously this was last week. It's been out for a week. It's got the lights are on it, they're on automatic timers. I wake up in the morning and it's just twinkling away in the room. It's so go. Yeah, I went to the season.
Speaker 2: I purchased one that's got like the lights in it, you know like that they booge. You don't have to wrap the lights or place the lights. It kind of does it itself.
Speaker 1: Smart.
Speaker 2: So ohday fuddy old house, goolder. Black Friday sale too.
Speaker 1: Did you guys partake in mini Black Friday sales?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: I find them overwhelming.
Speaker 2: It was just that it was a pre Black Friday sales. So I actually got at the on the Wednesday night or Tuesday morning something This wouldn't write.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I do have, as we just see going away through the podcast, I do have, not necessarily about sales, but I do have a warehouse story. I went in there late last week to purchase some stuff for a work thing that I had the next day works up.
Speaker 3: I was just about to close, got to the checkout. What do they have in their impulse by section of the warehouse? What two things of garlic bread? And they came home with me.
Speaker 1: I came home with a whole bunch of work stuff and like just like like.
Speaker 3: Cradling a baby. I got in the house and I was like, I got garlic bread and it was like that, like the traditional one that like the mom green and.
Speaker 1: One you're talking about. I love a garlic bread.
Speaker 2: You've also because you've been diligent you stand today. You've been putting things in the dock. You've got something else in there with a link a.
Speaker 1: Link this is continue on the Christmas themes. So rolling it back, I can hear it with Mike. It was very and that.
Speaker 2: Was that was planned. So if you enjoy ace man, enjoy listening to me drinking a glass of water because I've finished my beer.
Speaker 1: If you enjoy listening to bread swallow, there's so many of us do.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me three quarters of a beer.
Speaker 2: It's been a hot.
Speaker 3: Long I'm no founding. Like I mean, things we were talking about obviously with Christmas and all that sort of stuff about Christmas bangers, and I mean we obviously know our favorites, and I know that. Madie, you've been really young. I've been following along from your radio show. You had a competition too, who could go the longest of that hearing Mariah.
Speaker 1: Carey all I want for Christmas isom yeah, and I win a surprising amount of time because I love Christmas. But I'm on TikTok every second of the day, so I just and see. I like, I am always going into shops and stuff. I just assumed I would hear at some point. It took me a very long time, and I only got out because of bloody sabotage. A listener rung in and playing it down the phone, or.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, I haven't heard it this year? Have not heard it this year?
Speaker 3: Wo?
Speaker 1: She makes like do you know she makes like two million dollars a year from that song? Right?
Speaker 3: That is absolutely wild. But what I didn't realize so obviously she kind of is like the Queen of Christmas and she gets thought out of her little ice bock and messaged up and then she goes. But I don't notize that a lot about other sort of icons of our community, our queens, shall we say, have all got Christmas songs?
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Lots of people did? Did you know? Ariana Grande is a Christmas song called Santa Tell Me?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you that? San To Tell Me? Is my favorite Christmas songs? Such a banger. It's like it's just enough festive whimsy to be great for this time of year, but it is still enough of a pop hit that you could feasibly play it in like July, right and get away with it?
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, it's a really stirring recommendation on your but tell me is such a banger?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, this website I describes it as the perfect balance of sweetness and sas with your desc grating cookies or dodging exs as a holiday partner, send it. Tell Me is here for you.
Speaker 2: I'm probably listening to that in my home.
Speaker 1: Listen to it. I've got a whole Christmas playlist on Spotify that I listened to.
Speaker 2: Oh then and jump into your playlists? Can I do that?
Speaker 1: And it's got a few of the pop girlies on there.
Speaker 3: Does it have Lady Gagays at Christmas Tree? Released in twenty doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have that, but it does have have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Christina Aguilera. Yeah, it does have My Only Wish by Britney Spears. It does have Center tell Me by An.
Speaker 3: Do you know that the one called it Christmas Tree Farm because you know that's where she grew up and a Christmas tree farm.
Speaker 1: She grew up on a Christmas tree farm. Taylor Swift don't care. That's an interesting fact.
Speaker 2: Well don't Taylor Swift so much?
Speaker 1: I know, but you can share, you can appreciate.
Speaker 2: This absolutely weird. Do you wipe from back to front or front to back? I mean, it's just just a fact, like just trying to figure out some facts. I'm just just coming to my head.
Speaker 3: So you are you are?
Speaker 1: You're clating Taylor Swift with wiping your arm just.
Speaker 2: To be effects. And it just popped into my head.
Speaker 1: What else is on there?
Speaker 2: Cress Magic, they're doing their top teen Christmas Hits of all time? Magic Magic all the time? Am I to say that they're on this?
Speaker 3: No differently on the side of these wolves. Gwen Stevani has got one. You make me feel like you just got us bullet.
Speaker 1: You've got us canceled.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh, I thought like got coum spots on his head. My I thought that might have cause canceled.
Speaker 1: And it's as say, I worked for a radio station.
Speaker 3: Forgot should be gone. And then the last one that was on the list, which I thought it was great, was Leona Lewis who I hadn't heard of for a long time.
Speaker 1: Lewis.
Speaker 3: She put out a song called One More Sleep. Her powerful vocals can under Christmas Bob, a seasonal staple. It's joyous, romantic and full of holiday sparkle sleeper. If you're going to be decorating the tree this weekend, here's some songs that you can.
Speaker 2: I'm going to check out that link and probably check it, check.
Speaker 1: It on and go listen to the definitely put that on.
Speaker 3: Oh de chart this one.
Speaker 1: I forgot eight days of Christmas bony. Yeah, I love a bit of bonium. Hey, confession, Oh confession? Oh are we doing that techtalk trend? We listen and we don't judge. There's we all leave in the We all live in this. We all live in the same neighborhood.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: And I've been caught out. I reckon four or five times in the last month of driving down the street and going, oh, who is that hoty in our neighborhood, and then getting closer and closer him realizing.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 1: No, it's Chris's partner man. Every only because I don't never see the two of you in our neighborhood, but I see your partner all the time.
Speaker 2: And here's a dog walker, that's why.
Speaker 1: And he wears his little singer. He's got his guns out. She's having ten and he's going to Every time I see him, I go, oh, who's that, hoy, And then I was, oh, it's Matt. Well, I've actually got to confession to make off the back of that. The other day, I was driving to work.
Speaker 3: I was about quarterback seven in the morning, and I was going down the road and there was a man running out the other side of the road and he was running very fucking quack and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, what it is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not, but I think I've showed this as well. Carl and I were driving down down one of the main roads needs first up and good recovery.
Speaker 3: It's running very very fast.
Speaker 2: They had a really good cadence and I thought, I said, he's got a good cadence, very hot.
Speaker 3: And that and that part of the road that's near goes up quite a bit, so I've got a high.
Speaker 1: It's got a high, it's got a high elevation.
Speaker 2: Elevation, it's pockets, great cadence, Thank you hot, take the shirt off.
Speaker 1: We've talked to me, is this Instagram content do you think.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Look, if you'll be out there tomorrow morning seven quarter past seven, I'll see it going on on wednes Green and I'll film you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what this bear is going down.
Speaker 2: Very god, it's gone. Just to be honest, I've had probably three I had three beers for lunch. It was my lunch. I don't tell anyone, But so this is dessert for you.
Speaker 3: It really is wrong to the night.
Speaker 1: Now we can't as much time, and we can maybe just treat this to our Christmas as our Christmas is Christmas pature, because we'll do a Christmas pre because we come back in here on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorite part of Christmas.
Speaker 1: I get up, I have a little mimosa in the morning, a little mimosa, and then come in here and obviously do the podcast with another with another mimosa, and we exchange gifts, and then we say goodbyes bodily, and then we both then we all scarper to our respective homes and we spend the rest of the day with our families, and our partners are just understanding, understanding and support. They go. I always say, should we do it this year? And they always say you must.
Speaker 2: You must, simply mass simple must the highlight of the year.
Speaker 1: You have to go into the studio on Christmas Day and record the podcast with the boy you must.
Speaker 2: I have loved this evening. Thank you boys, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Christmas. But my point, my lasting at Christmas is actuallybout Christmas traditions. Do you guys have any Christmas traditions that you have done, like right through the years we do as a family, any that you've brought into your into your new family, into your like kind of well, you're your family that you're building.
Speaker 1: Um, not just me and Ryan, because he doesn't like it's hard enough to get Christmas over the line and at all, let alone like into introducing like traditions. But with my family, we play a game on Christmas Day when we're all together, and we call it the Danish game because we had a Danish exchange once we introduced it to our family, so that's just kind of stuck beautiful. But it's not Danish specific. But we all go and by like maybe three little gifts, oh yes, wrap them, put them in the middle, and then we sit around in a circle. Mum sets a timer and you roll two dice. If you roll a six, you get to pull a present from the middle. If you roll two six, you get two sixes. You get to pull two presents from the middle. And you keep pulling presents from the middle until they're all gone. And then if you roll a six, you get to steal a present from someone else. If you roll doubles, the presence all move one way or another, So doubles odd If the odds doubles, they move to the left. Are there even doubles, they move to the right. And you just keep doing that until the timer runs out. And then once the time is run out, whatever presence you have in front of you at that time are yours to keep. It's very fun, very competitive, very silly, and it's kind of evolved over time because now one of the key things that we do is it is the it's the fake wrapping of the present. Ah. You might have a sminy little thing that you put into a massive bo because then people go, I want the big box, so they pull the big box in the middle.
Speaker 3: Clarification, While the game is going on, there's no opening of the present. We end up with a stack of presents. No presents, No.
Speaker 1: You don't know what they are, but every time people will I in for whatever reason on a few maybe a couple of specific presents without knowing what they are, and everyone's like, I want that even though they don't know what's in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the classic was the one year someone got an empty box of favorites and then and then filled it with something stupid. I can't even remember what, but because the box is very distinctive shape, everyone wants when I want the chocolate, so I want the box of favorites. But of course then they unwrapped it in and it wasn't there. They're very good to watch it on but that was our that's our family tradition. And we're all together this summer for Christmas, so we're definitely going to play that game.
Speaker 3: What about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do something similar with Karl's family to the Danish game, you know, swap dice and then ye swap steal whatever, so something like that. Yeah, but you're not. Yeah, Carl and I don't do anything specific. We don't flip fuck or anything like that. But in the morning we'll just get on and get a Yeah, get on with it. Well, because you're busy, you're going to come in here to do the podcast. So I've got to do you know who I am.
Speaker 3: I would have thought you would have gone recording.
Speaker 2: I've got to have him most of any with you, no coitus.
Speaker 3: And on Christmas morning, what would bloody Jesus think? Yes, that happens on Easter.
Speaker 1: Absolutely when you get nailed.
Speaker 3: Chris um Well, I'm hoping that some sort of fortication on Christmas Day. I don't know, either get it done early or be prepared to do special.
Speaker 1: So in our family, our traditions are actually food related. So we have like iconic foods that have come across the year.
Speaker 3: And this is not meant to be as sad as it sounds, but my dear grand passed away at the beginning of this year. She was like ninety four excellent innings, like applued it on the way out. Good, you did very well. Sad, But at the same time, last man standing off, you go, good on you. And she would make this rice salad for years de lat'sous rice sealad. We're talking like mid nineties. We've got brown rice, We've got some sultanas, We've got like some orange and lemon. So good, and so we decided to bring it back this year. This year we are having the rice sellers who's in charge of making the rice sellar though, because I was going to say that's a big responsibility, well decided to move Amber early in the proceedings this year. Because what happens is that Mum, she someone just like, oh, make a dessert, and then she gets a bit too excited by the day and then she is someone who famously does not like cooking at the best of times. She would then get to the end of the day and she would have had a couple of glasses of white wine because obviously it's Christmas, and then she'll slop.
Speaker 2: Some shit around and then sort of bring out mentioned the record. A bloody Christmas podcast special should be bring her in this year.
Speaker 3: But the other tradition that we were talking about in the weekend because it was a little niece and you nibbling on the way, was the idea of elf on the shell. Do you think you're doing it with your kids? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I I do. I love it. I love watching the kind of real you know, the blokey ones that are just a little bit probably too far. Yeah, it's almost like Obama on a lama, And I love it.
Speaker 1: I would. I love the idea of it, and I think I would come in guns blazing. But what I do hear from a lot of people who have done it is that that that that is the whole thing. You come in and you're like, this is going to be great, and the first few are so good and so well thought out, and by the twenty second, twenty third you're literally just like shlling them in the fridge and.
Speaker 3: Oh look, oh look, he's literally on the shelf. Just when they sound the box.
Speaker 1: Someone said, someone said, I caught up with We had dinner with some winners of a competition on Friday night out for our radio show, and they were like all mums, and they said. One of them one night was like, it's ten o'clock. I haven't done anything with Elf on the Shelf. So wrote a note saying Olf on the Shelf is invisible today and she just just know UF in the Shelf.
Speaker 3: How good is that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That is fucking brilliant.
Speaker 3: I have seen some great ones, so I feel like, even so they talked about it, I've gotten real Elf in the shelf. TikTok. Some of my highlights include putting some critical cut chips and some like normal chips and then putting next to the iron and being like, I've ironed these wrinkles out. It's brilliant, like little chocolate raisins and making them out like his stumpoos.
Speaker 1: So were you considering doing it just the two of you?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, no, no. I think if I was doing alf for the shelf, he'd have to start ten days out. Yeah, but help the rise in the week before it's late.
Speaker 1: It really does sound like the kind of thing that Matt would do.
Speaker 3: I think he'd be quite into it. He would do it without any children around the souf. He would be quite yeah that he has to wait for a baby for that.
Speaker 1: Hey, boys, we got through an entire podcast with like two things in the dark. Pretty this is the beauty of the three of us just hanging out. We just should the ship and here we are.
Speaker 3: And if you'd like to go back through some of the highlights of the podcast, Brad saying come on the face quite a few times. It was on my favorite forehead flip fucking before Christmas.
Speaker 2: Not yacking. Anyone else is young.
Speaker 1: We never would, never would.
Speaker 2: I'm foosd on Christmas. Work comes first.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's ever a chance to to show you versatility. It's Christmas is an ass.
Speaker 1: What I will say though, is if you did manage to get a flip fuck him, at least that gives you something to put in the dark.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I don't think I would. Oh, probably dog that we've done it, Like, would I do that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. No, I wouldn't. Yeah, fear enough, you're true. Also you're apprud all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Ever, Season's Day Christmas.
Speaker 3: See, but what would happen to be fear that? As if you did do it, you post that clarity, whereas right now he's three beings and he's like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I do that.
Speaker 3: Talks about game anyway.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being with us this week, and we'll talk soon. Bye bye