Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the twenty fourth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast the home of Sporting Nonsense, said clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Vulture Lane.
Speaker 1: Welcome back from your most recent stint and witness protection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in and out isn't. It's quite an emotional time for me, But I'm back. I'm back for good this time. All I can say is, look, say what you want about David Seymour me and I I know you're a huge fan. He got pseudo ephedrine back into pharmacies. Yeah. And I was feeling crooky yesterday, like everyone's going down with the flu, I know, but I got stuck into some pseudo I found myself. Last night. I made three dinners. I've made pumpkin soup, and then I put some mints on for some for some spaghetti bolog knaise, and then I cooked a chicken like risotto thing, and then I did some cookies, and then I cleaned the house. Holy shit. And the wife came back and goes, what I'm feeling great? And she looked at the end of the bit kitchen bench and there was just a sea of like empty packets of pseudo. Oh it was I'd highly recommend it. I might start doing it recreationally. Yeah, well I think that was half the problem why I got ban initially. But recreational. Yeah. So, God bless David Seymour and God Bless pseudo is back on the shelves. So if you've got the flu, just smash some of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you go and by it, then you turn it into miss smoke that and then make three dinners.
Speaker 3: That how works? Correct? Yeah? Right, Yeah, it takes something as a process.
Speaker 1: I got steered away from it. Last time I was. I was in at the doctors. I was like, look, I'm going down with a bit of a cold. Here, can I get some of that David Seymour? Yeah, And they're like, nah, how about you just have some of this squadroal stuff.
Speaker 3: It's like, come on, mate, I can, yeah, come on, if you get.
Speaker 1: To hear the treaty, but at least let me get the pseudo. You can't have it both ways, Dave.
Speaker 3: Trying to get andy botox these days you have to go pretty much like crawling on the floor with kind of kind of gangering falling off here before they Yeah, they're like, nah, heavily resistant these days, we can't just dish amount. Yeah, give them to me now.
Speaker 1: I always think that were those like, well, look I could give you the strongest stuff, but there are side effects. Are the side effects worse than what I'm going through right now? Yeah, so I'm willing to take the risk.
Speaker 3: Well, this is like it is. And it's the same with when they give you the green whistles a good example. It's like they can tell when you're in pain, or they can tell when you're really sick. Yeah. Men, when I was in hospital, I really wanted to give more phine go and I'd go, what's your pain levels? And I was like, what's the scale? And they said, oh, like one to ten. You know ten is unbearable. I'm like a like, and I guess six. Go I'd go five. Yeah, so they just gilded me back to five because I wouldn't. They never gave it to me.
Speaker 1: And people are generally unresponsible. Around eighty you usually just killed it up, going.
Speaker 3: Full of shit. Yeah, hate big news today, Vegas. Everyone will see on their socials. Vegas. Everyone's trips go live to go to Vegas. I know Grabs've got a charter going with the Warriors. We've got a slightly different trip organized and we're going through Boys Trip and we are going via LA, So we're not going on a charter. We're going by LA purely because we're going to have a night in LA and we're going to go to an NBA game. Oh what? And then why are you telling me this? And then we're going to go to Vegas for three nights or four nights and then do our thing there and then go So how is a proper sports tour? And they are on sale now from eleven am today. Just if you want information on that, text Vegas to three two three six you'll get a link to it. You only have to pay a twenty five percent deposit. There's the full package before Whamo, which is about just over six grand, and then there's the land only, which is eighteen hundred. It's up to you what you want to do, but make sure you put the code word ACC in because you get one hundred bucks off one hundred and fifty bucks I think off the main package and fifty bucks off the land package if you put ACC in the in the promo code.
Speaker 1: So that's and obviously this isn't part of the promo. But my degenerate brain wearing is that's a three hundred and fifty to slam straight in the pokes when you get to Vegas. Correct, is the way I'm looking at correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're not we're not part of the official one because I don't think he reread that's not us. No, we don't really belong to the official so they're going to make us do stuff. I know. But this one here, this one is a real home wrecker. Okay, this one's a home wrecker via la to an NBA game. Schedule's not out on the NBA, but we're pretty sure we'll get like a Clippers game or a Lakers game on that day that we land. Same as last year. The boys trips. Guys did it last year. They took fifty odd last year, great time. So we're looking to take a couple of hundi. So yeah, Vegas to three two, three six. You'll get all the details here. Twenty five percent deposit. Just do it. Don't ask, don't ask permission, No ask for forgiveness later. That's your only way to do it. Do your instinct, follow your gut.
Speaker 1: I don't really have a bucket list. The only thing that's that I'd love to do is watch an NBA game live, watch the near them on TV.
Speaker 3: Wedding this I don't even ever. This is why she hadn't told me this.
Speaker 1: This morning. We went out to the Warriors on Monday and I asked them. I was just like, look, we're going to Vegas. They actually say, he's going to Vegas my mate's weddings on the same weekend.
Speaker 3: What do I do?
Speaker 1: The same Everybody asked the same questions, like how good it made?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, yeah, he's yeah, it's it's like a whole thing. It lasts, Yeah, yeah, pretty pretty rocks, rocks, fiances great, everyone loves her.
Speaker 3: Of those ones we go to those mini gates.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna last, No, I know, so yeah, because that's right, because then if it's if you know it's not gonna last, you're like, right, I've got two maybe three years of people being like you went at the wedding, and then and the fourth year, I'll be at the second wedding in saying it'd be like welcome back.
Speaker 3: Everybody good to see you.
Speaker 1: Sorry I couldn't make the first one. So you think I'm gonna be in Las Vegas anyway? Well this is the thing now, Like I'd already made my peace with it. I was like, you know what, bug, because everyone keeps asking what are younna do? What are you gonna do it? I was like, look, I've made my peace with it. Yeah, I can go and watch the worries at other time. Maybe if we get over to a magic ground, we go to the NRL Grand Final, you know, it'll alleviate my pain. Now I find that you're going to NBA game. We have some phone calls to make after this podcasts three two three?
Speaker 3: Can I dig this? Can he text it? What if I want a trip for Do you want me to set up a fake?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And he has to tell us fiance, Hey, I know you've poured your heart and so I been thinking about this since you're a little girl. Bought the dress, the whole thing. I've won a competition.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, I'll do it for you. Oh, but you one, you have one, this competition. Yeah, I'll be like, it's your own competition. It's it's still a competition. I got to take it. Yeah, I don't take him. I don't think that will fly. Yeah, well that's the thing. I know.
Speaker 1: Put a stand in for the for the groom.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It just made my life so much harder.
Speaker 1: At the end of this podcast, we have a dozen yours pleased to get through, so we're going to rattle through the top of this podcast, but just quickly. We didn't manage to address it throughout the week. The only person I don't know who knows anything about it, but the Tour de France finished on Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Didn't they. Yeah. Every mammal in New Zealand was all over it. Yeah, watching it, watching the catch up. Even our own legal counsel, Paul Gillick. He's a massive Tour de France fan. Was it a meeting with him on my desk and we're trying to go through some sort of legal issue you don't even know about. You probably got a good idea what it is we're going through that And he was wasn't paying attention, and he was looking up at the TV screen and I said, Paul, he's sorry, just a massive, a massive Tour de France fan. He's right in the wheelhouse. You know forty's he's skinny as anything about the size of Pagatchia. Yeah, and vinger Guard and Pia did win, Yes he did. And I think this is great for Bagtchia. But I mean vinger Guard was injured coming into this. And also but I said to I said to old mate, Paul is big sparkling. I say, you pergut your man or vinger Guard, because that's the first thing you asked. You're a Gachia or vinger Guard. It's a bit like are you Lonel Messi or a And he's like Pagatcha because Piggatci races and all the races. Apparently vinger Guard just trains all years and go chains all you and goes to the Tour de France. Doesn't do the Gio Italier right, Tour of Southland, Yeah, Tour of Southland and whatnot. So yeah, Pagatcha win's that, but it's a growling event. You got to watch the Netflix doco. Watch the I mean, like even the other sport. If you don't know what's going on with the Tour de France, don't know how it works or don't care, just watch the Netflix doco and all of a sudden you're an expert. Yeah, so do that. That's what I did, And now I can hang out with all the dudes and like her at the local cafe and their clip clops. Yeah, but don't they I don't. I don't, But if I wanted to engage with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have the only explanation I've heard for the mammal phenomena the middle as men and like, is that for a lot of these dudes. You know, they used to play rugby or football whatever this sport was back in the day. Then they have kids and then they sort of get sped out the other end of that and they stopped playing. Now they can't pick rugby.
Speaker 3: Back up again. Why are you looking at it?
Speaker 1: They need to get some sort of thing. All I'm saying is keep playing cricket because at a certain point going to show up here on a bike again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is there is that around the joints thig as well. Like, yeah, play a lot of rugby, your joints give way and you can't go for a run anymore. There's a point where you can't go for a jog, and they say it's either cycling or swimming. Swimming swimming sucks and so does cycling, and that's why that's why, that's why there's no hope for us. So I might just hit the CREA team and just bowlk up. Yeah it gets jack. Yeah, just get jacked. Yeah, I don't won't be fat. My heart will stop at about fifty five.
Speaker 1: But that's cool. But it was going to anyway. So you gotta you gotta pick and choose your your poisons. I was gonna say, yeah on the Netflix docod thing, you're so right, because I everyone's watching the it's called receivers on the NFL one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my kids are all over that. I mean, the fact that there is fuck every second word is difficult for me because they're on the field. I'm like, okay, I'm trying to I'm trying not to overreact because I know he's going to go on the rugby field this weekend against Northcote and he's going yeah, motherfuckers, yeah fuck you man, Like because they're at the North Shore rugby. The coolest dudes on these received wide receivers. Yeah, like loos as cats, they're like quack, they're fast, they're rock stars, mouths like sewers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know that's why they because you know, the NBA is such you're sitting so close to the game. They were like, we could individually like boom mic each player and just follow them around. And then they did it for one game, didn't televise it, and they're like, absolutely not, we will not be broadcasting this.
Speaker 3: I get that ship out of here. Fuck you man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then some of the urban gentlemen referring to each other colloquially was a problem as well. I see, so yeah, they've been that. But yeah, the receivers one's the next one on my list because I got into the UNFL fantasy thing last year.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's good, it's good. I'd recommend it. Yeah, it's it's the hole you go down. Once you go down the Sporting Docco hole, he's no going back because he's the PGA's full swing. The tennis one, golf, there's a sprinting one, athletics one. Yes, that's that's quite good as well. Heaps, that's great because they're all apart from the golf and tennis. There's heaps of smack talk in the war, but the tennis one is and the golf one is good because there's such.
Speaker 1: Tortured souls no more about punishing themselves than their opponent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's that's so there's a different dynamic. Same with the Formula One actually the drivers, but then there's the teams and then there's all this politics in the background. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: Well have you watched the receivers one you have a Ye, is Darren Waller and there is. He was a tidy end. I think he was on my fantasy team last year. Actually lost me in the league.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: I think he was a tidy end and he played all season. At the end of the season, his missus gave him the flick and he recorded an R and B song trying to get her back, and he's like lying in the water with like the waves washing over him and shit.
Speaker 3: And then he retired.
Speaker 1: And I was like, if I hadn't known he was about to do that, would not have drafted him. Because there's good CTR and there's bad. Cittyre Hellenstein's VP, we want to hook you up with an exclusive opportunity to win a VP Warriors experience. You get tickets, cash money for beverages, and vouchers to be cuted out by the legends at helen Stein's to get in the drawer takes VIP to three two three six.
Speaker 3: You can be a VIP at.
Speaker 1: The Warriors thanks to the ACC and Helen Stein's brothers. We're going to take a quick break. We'll be right back. Olympic Slane. I was just saying yesterday the opening ceremony is six thirty on Saturday, out time. But we got our sevens and football dudes kicking off.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But the US have just announced their flag bearer and it is going to be Lebron James.
Speaker 3: How balling is that? That just puts to shame everyone else's flag bearer. Yes, it's like, let's just pick one of the most famous dudes in the world, in the history in history and give him the flag.
Speaker 1: Arguably the best player at his sport ever, he's as good at his job as anyone has been.
Speaker 3: Can we just get him to carry ours as well?
Speaker 1: Well? I was just thinking that who should be our flag bearer?
Speaker 3: Can? Because what usay? Have we bit behind in New Zealand? He could do a lap with us and then go back to the States team. Just contract him just to do a lap with our flag.
Speaker 1: We'll just give him his flag, Just give him a flag.
Speaker 3: We'll go yeah, we just what we just tailgate behind the US team, but alphabetical it's yeah. I like watching it. Sem Well.
Speaker 1: I think if we rung Uzbikistan and said, look can we just swap spots?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, come on, do us a solid? Yeah, do us a solid. We want to tailgate behind Lebron. It's gonna be Dame Lisa Carrington surely, yep, it'll be our greatest Olympia.
Speaker 1: It'll be the goat in the boat. But they have a female and a male flag bearer. I reckon it should be a shirtless Joe Webber with a boar on his back. He's the seventh flaer. Oh yeah, he was the one who had the full on like dreadlock mullet thing receiver in the front situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he should be out there giving it a goosey with the like a pig that he's just pulled out of the bush over his back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, who's going to be the dude? I guess Hayden Wilder to be up there. I don't know Tom Walsh here to actually Tom Walsh. Tom Walsh'll probably be in there. There's a husband and wife, U and equestrians. The equestrians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our oldest olympian as well. I think he's mid forties and he's a horse rider.
Speaker 3: Price. I can't remember his first name. I see, the three time Olympic champion from the UK has just been bin from the Olympic team for whipping her horse's leg. Is it Workinger's gone mad because everyone knows they do it, Because.
Speaker 1: I dare say if you went back to the nineteen twenty four Paris Olympics, they would have been betting the shit out of those horses back then.
Speaker 3: There is only one reason those horses dance like they're on a hot turn roof, because they get the shit whipped out of them if they don't. Yes, there's no way you can train a horse to pants around like that.
Speaker 1: They don't speak English where.
Speaker 3: Like treats, you know what I mean. You don't give them a posse youum or something for doing a little dance, sugar cube, you do? They do that because if they don't, they get a massive whip around the house or the.
Speaker 1: Chillies or wherever they do so eaten severely.
Speaker 3: Yeah kidding us. I mean even Mark Todd got caught, he did, he got caught doing some whip pairs so like, and he did it to the horse as well. But yeah, anyway, I diagree. So yeah, so who is going to be got in the boat.
Speaker 1: And got on them both? Sure, I'm picking Tom Welsh.
Speaker 3: Did he do it at the last Olympics?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but that's going to be a huge gulliver and we've got in the boat.
Speaker 1: Yep, maybe she goes on the shoulders.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do they carry two flags?
Speaker 1: Oh, now you're asking the whole question. Surely surely they do. Do they both hold one flag? Now that's a long time to hold with the same flag.
Speaker 3: Like do they just kind of I don't know.
Speaker 1: We need to do more research into that instead of doing research into half baked sports ideas, which I have been doing this morning. And so it is time for another half baked sports idea.
Speaker 2: Half baked sports idea.
Speaker 1: Grace to Survive as a TV show that's been filmed in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Have you heard of this? Yeah, I've heard this is the Wicker. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they it's just one of those situations where they like drop them off beer Girl's style. It's like you've just got to make your way down wherever and survive out in the wild, and they found a wika and killed it and ate it, which always cracks me out. But this kind of thing happens, and everybody's you know, people have been going absolutely ape shit online like so many wickers.
Speaker 3: Disgusting.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be doing it with our protect the SPECEI and I understand that Pookick is protected.
Speaker 3: God no, no, how can they not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they can survive through Yeah they are, but it's because there's so many of them. They can survive through anything. They'll wing rats Pookick. Don't let the colors fool you. They're basically like half half pigeon, half tyrannosaurus recks and they just that's why you see them in every big city there's like Pookick, like right in town.
Speaker 3: I see Wicked everywhere as well. Yeah, cow, I mean you can't get rid of the little shits.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well it's a is it a predator free island? I think they're trying to make it one anyway, long short of it, as you can't eat those And so they've been told off, and now there's all these everybody's sounding off in the comments, all the producers, blah blah, blah blah. And this happens from time to time. Someone will lead a bloody woodpigeon or something and then get in deep shit.
Speaker 3: They look delicious. Look they look so tasty. A weaken not so much. No, that looks terrible.
Speaker 1: But my solution to all of this, and a half back sports idea that's not related to sport at all, is farm them.
Speaker 3: If we farmed wicker well, no animal's ever gone extinct from farming.
Speaker 1: Sheep or cow is going to go extinct anytime soon. A chicken's going to go extinct anytime soon.
Speaker 3: This is not a half back sports idea or a half baked idea, because I think there is a guy who does farm wacker and it's called waker waker wou and Jeremy Wells. Jeremy Wells went and visited him. I think he's out on the Chathams or an island where they're allowed. They're permitted to eat wecker and he farms them and he makes worker socks and stuff, so they pluck them and they make garments out of them and eat them. Wick a wicker Woo. He visited the guy. It's and the reason it's called wicker work of woo, because that's how he calls them over to feed you.
Speaker 1: He probably could have get there on a house. To be fair, I don't know if I would have been broadcasting that every dairy farmer has a horrifically embarrassing way that they call the cows, and I wouldn't be broadcast against to the world. But yeah, you do the same thing with kiwis. You could do the same thing with any of the endangered species that we have.
Speaker 3: So it's I don't know if they're good eden or not.
Speaker 1: I guess the problem with the kiwi is the gestation period and the fact that they only lay one egg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, can we do some I mean, like we didn't we gently modify a sheep a while ago, and there's that controversy about that sheep. Can we just modify a kew to fart out a few more eggs? Well? The only way you make them a bit smaller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, And the only way we could do that would be if we were farming them. That would then lend itself to like a Jurassic Park type situation where the kiwi egg is so big you could conceivably plant more DNA in there and then bring them back now all of a sudden, you only get a farm one of those a year, and you're sweet.
Speaker 3: We're already in trouble with Doc about our stuffed hawk. Okay, oh yes, we don't need to We don't need to roll them up eple more with our suggestions of farming kiwi. But I'd rather eat Would you rather eat a kiwi or a wicker kiwi? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Way fatter and just funny. I think if you're you know, if you're telling someone from overseas and they're like, oh, have you ever seen a kiwi?
Speaker 4: Birds?
Speaker 3: I've ever seen none? I ate one.
Speaker 1: I think that's just the most bitty.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I think most people know what a wicker is. But people overseas, you go, I ate a key. He goes, all right, okay, you can eat them, can you? I don't think they They wouldn't. But know that there's only about fifty of the brown spotted.
Speaker 1: One because everyone else is national bird is just everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah or yeah, Like in Sri Lanka, the national bird is called a jungle fowl. It's basically a jungle chicken. So it runs around in the jungle looking all colorful. But that's the National bird. It's a jungle chicken, so maybe we should change ours to a seagulls, I mean chicken sparrow. It's bin chicken.
Speaker 1: Fantails not in your house, yes anyway, farming worker, farming kewy.
Speaker 3: That's my idea. Keep them alive.
Speaker 1: Shep aren't going out of style anytime. So just before we go to an air break, snack changing sports scholarship lane, we're binge watching. Sport is a sport. We've got a few more of these to give away yet. If you want to enter that DROI Conitects chip to three two three six, follow the link and you could be in to win the Ultimate acc Price pack. All right, we need to take a break because when we come back, we have a dozen yours please voicemails to get through.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought you by Leader Home of the LA.
Speaker 1: Just couldn't bring myself to leave you any of these out today, so we're going to get through all of them.
Speaker 3: First call here yours please, Yeah, you get over their team heye.
Speaker 6: Just a quick call regarding South Canbury. I've actually just picked up the signing.
Speaker 5: Of Chiefs Legion Tim Mumba picker Elliott, so I feel like there could be a call to Hecker about all these South.
Speaker 3: Comments to see if anyone wants to go to his face anyway.
Speaker 1: Cheers, Yeah, so he Yeah, he's a retired professional athlete. Now, Hecky Elliott. He's moved down to the McKinsey country and he's playing for McKinsey down there in the local camp. He's just been picked for the South Canary squad. Obviously pretty handy rugby union footballer.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 1: So all the people that are saying fuck South Canterbury, WHI should direct them to heck Elliott? And would you say it to his face? And evidently people have been too, because there were there.
Speaker 6: Was like a.
Speaker 1: Like an investigation or like an official complaint laid because people were sledging him from the sideline and there's like unnecessary rouffage on him as well, which is very South caentrary to be like oh you played for the or Blacks, did you? Or let's ever go there, you know, And that's.
Speaker 3: The size of him, I know. But this is why I I would if I I was.
Speaker 1: An ex professional athlete, I just would not go back and play that sport again because everybody's going to be out there like wanting to take your head off. If you're a cricketer, they're going to want to bowl your bouncy out or whatever like Kyle Mills did.
Speaker 3: Yeah to Brian. But I can see in rugby it's a bit different cricket. I can see why there's no wine because you get as you get older, but slower reactions go. And rugby you're still a big steak and you can still cause some damage. So if someone's giving you stick, I'd say to Hecker Alli, you mate, run it straight. Yeah, run it straight, mate, It's not running your mouth off, and run it straight and watch Hecker Elliott send them into the sub canopy.
Speaker 1: And he's going to be doing it all season long. For South Canterbury, can.
Speaker 3: We do something down there? We need to go down to South kener Can we go to a South Canterbury North Otago game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love to just do that.
Speaker 3: I shout the bar.
Speaker 1: The only problem is I feel like most people down there aren't aware of this, and they won't even better. They won't be until I show up and we run this whole promo around Fox South canterber And he was but why is he back here?
Speaker 3: First of all, at all.
Speaker 1: And secondly, why has.
Speaker 3: He brought all these people saying we need to unfox South Kenbury.
Speaker 1: They campaign to unfox South Canibrey.
Speaker 3: You're getting paid from South Kenby.
Speaker 8: That broke.
Speaker 1: They can't even send the team up to play for the shield. H A, I'm launching an unfox South Canibury. That that needs to be the new sign off for every voicemail. Unfox South Cannlebury. He to gun fox South Canbery right another leave another to get through. Let's keep guarding yours place.
Speaker 8: Yeah, get a flowers. Just following up on the nice sports at school, what you came up with and being to etctera, did you guys either have a caretaker or male teacher that would come down and play what the kids play sports? Or the kids at lunchtime where one of each and they used to out of each other playing cricket And I think it was all because they were after the same female teacher.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, Drummond. So a little bit of peacocking going on. Yeah, the groundsmen come in and peacocking in front of the staff room. Perhaps we did have a teacher who was like quite a handy basketball player.
Speaker 1: Was the only male teacher that we had and we'd play rugby with a ball like a soccer ball, and he would come play at lunchtime as well. But the thing was he would have to dribble the ball while we were playing, so everyone else was just like tackle rugby. But then if the teacher got the ball, he had to dribble it to give him some sort of handicap. Otherwise it was too easy. We did have shout out to mister Matheson. He was our groundskeeper when I was at primary school. One day we were playing tennis and a kid was sitting up on the umpire's chair thing just kept hitting balls at me while I was trying to play. I was like, fucking Simon, grind, turn around, slam the ball at and well Simon comes down off that. They starts chasing me with his racket. So we're doing laps. There's two tennis courts and we're just doing lapse of the two tennis courts and I'm running past Missus Firth is standing on the sideline and I was like, oh amaze. She's like I can't you know all the teachers are female. They couldn't stop him, and I kept doing laps and then I came back past again. She goes, We've gone to get mister Matheson. He's on his way. Just keep running gun till he hits here. It's so I'm doing laps of the fence. Simon's just in a fit of rage, trying to kill me with this tennis racket because I've branded him with the tennis ball and had to wait for mister Mathison to come from the other side of the field.
Speaker 3: It sounds like mister Mathison might have been quite busy busy man.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like a rural school, so these massive, sprawling grounds's way down the back.
Speaker 3: We had to get a caretaker called Malcolm. Malcolm was so deaf he used to talk like Lance Ken's and it was impossible to talk to him about actual death. Yeah, it was impossible to talk to him about what condition we wanted our pitchon for the cricket because he was also the groundsman, so it was very hard to communicate a lot of sign land which but he was a great man, Malcolm RP. I don't think he's around anymore.
Speaker 1: I allowed he allowed Jeremy Wells.
Speaker 3: The keys to the groundsman shared and Wells would be stoned high as a kite at high school and get hold of the roller and he would roll the pitch all night as the most Jeremy ship before a into school game. He rolled it. He couldn't sleep, He rolled it all night and he just turned it into an absolute dust bowl in which victory came out and turned it square.
Speaker 1: Jeez, we needed to get Jerry out on the on the roller before black Apps games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally all night zz So what do you do? What do you way up all night rolling? It's God bless him? Malcolm, was it? Yeah? Malcolm? That was going to be my name was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were going to call me Malcolm, Big mal I don't know how my life would have been different, but guarantee it would have another call here your Spurs.
Speaker 6: Get a team Andrew from Napes here just kid up on some old podcasts and just came across the one following the second Test against England and Auckland when you regaled us with a story via Piney of Gabriel who couldn't set up his box. Can I employ all the acc youngsters who get invited to set up their grandparents box to go and set it up, stick it online, leave it there, don't tell them the code, make him sit through it. Cheers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, poor Gabriel, what a legend he was.
Speaker 1: I've known so many times. If that was a setup by us.
Speaker 3: No, because he did sound it did sound like an AI old man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also all the things he was complaining about, like all the things that Boomer's traditionally complained about about us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, it wasn't set up.
Speaker 1: And yeah, absolutely if you are called around to your parents your grandparents place, to set up the skybox for them or even show them how the app works, check it on ours and don't tell them how to change it.
Speaker 3: Now the call it yours pace.
Speaker 9: Yeah, good a fellas love the Matt and Jerry Show. Oh fuck, those are my notes for the next voicemail. Shit, that's embarrassing anyway, I reckon the best way to describe the difference between League and Union to Americans as like softball and baseball the same but different.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 9: Fuck Taranaki dot dot dot ah.
Speaker 1: Did you listen to the podcast yesterday We're talking to about around what's considered past egg in a text or things situation. I've only just found out that I use the thumbs up at the end of my like I'll write something like yep, sweet, I'll do that, and I put a thumbs up, because otherwise I come across quite Kurt. Apparently that comes across across as quite past egg. And also the dot dot dot, And he's pointed out, you use the dot dot dot quite a bit.
Speaker 3: I do Do you mean it?
Speaker 1: Do you intend it to be passive? Aggressive?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Not really. I leave the conversation open for you to reply, yeah, right, Manaia, why aren't you at work?
Speaker 10: This is this is what I was.
Speaker 3: And then you go it's open invitation. I please respond, and you go, ah, I share my pants. Sorry, and I'll be like, thumbs up. Cool.
Speaker 1: And then I take the thumbs up as a sign aggression, not because we're saying like some people do, take it as the dot dot dot is like a pass egg thing. But you're seend a message and just be like, hey, great work this week, dot dot dot, have a great weekend, dot dot dot. It's like, not meant past egg at all. But then you sit in this like the fuck did he mean they have a great week?
Speaker 3: What is it? I'll tell you. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what really fucks with boomers and that is how they read text messages. They lose their mind. My my mum. If I send just years back, it goes, will you be homestaffed? And yes, I'm sorry, I won't come again, and I'm like, no, I just said yes, goes well yeah, but what you said it well, I always say sorry, hey, how are you? I'm good, thanks, hope, everything's good. Yeah, we're around the softernoon'll be great to see. That's what they expect back, yeah, but then not just a call something. So just this tension just keeps going backwards and forwards. It's like, I think it's just a yes.
Speaker 1: I think as the people, just everyone that speaks English needs to figure out like a universal what like is there that this is the pass egg emoji, this the sarcasm emoji, you know, and we all just need to agree on the thing because you know your mum's when you say yes and she goes, oh, that's past. So you might go yes and then put her thumbs up. She likes that, then you send that to someone else fucking thumbs up all about or.
Speaker 3: Yes dot dot dot yeah exactly, says yeah, I guess, yeah exactly, that's how Yeah. Maybe haven't even got to go through nine. Yeah, all right, keep going you please.
Speaker 5: Good a petition for g Lane not to go to Vegas or become a resident of.
Speaker 6: Vegas for a month or so.
Speaker 5: Go, get a citizenship, get married, meet Elvis, meet fucking Trump, Biden, do whatever you've got to do. Overnight bride, overnight citizenship, don't go to Vegas, don't let Keesy commentate, go worries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, convent the curse. Yeah, but I mean it's quite hard. I mean, look, I'd love to get a green cat. It's not that easy. You don't just go to Vegas and and Mary Elvis's assistant. You got to get a green cat involved, Yeah, something like I'd love to If you can get me a green cat, I'm into it. Otherwise see in Vegas.
Speaker 1: All right, another call.
Speaker 3: Here, yours please.
Speaker 4: Gooday voice. Just on the topic of the Olympics. Chat sort of having to think, well, what we could do to really push the sport forward. You know, I was kind of thinking maybe a bit of a mash up between the summer and Winter Olympics. We can go for a long jump with ski boots on. That would be a good laugh, very entertaining. Or we could go for the snowboarding pole bowl. Some great ideas and terrible accidents.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, what do you think? Yeah, I love this.
Speaker 1: The thing that springs to mind immediately for me is long jump luge yep. So you come flying down the lose and just get shot out the end of it and just how far can you go and then you'll land in the sampit ice hockey rugby Oh yeah, I mean ice hockey basically rug but yeah, yeah, that'd be quite good.
Speaker 3: Anything on scale. Something to do with gymnastics and someone to sports gymnastics on ice, yeah, yeah, yeah, I like the pole volt. Anything to do with that javelin in downhill? Yeah, so you yeah, once you hit the hit the finish line, you've got to biff the chaplain. So you've got to do the whole downhill with holding a javelin up above your head. And then as you hit the line you go through, you just stop and if you go over the line then it's a default. All live animals come running across and just hit the javelins. At Cariboo new javelins, just pull out of your bed and just yeah, well, like you know.
Speaker 1: Conversely, you could take the ski shooting what do they call it the jewethlne where you like ski along then you got to stop and shoot.
Speaker 3: What if you're just like running through a Safari.
Speaker 1: Park in South Africa with your gun, you know, and you're just gonna you're running across, You're gonna stop and.
Speaker 3: Every now and then a small child goes and you can't shoot that one like like on the kind of training. Yeah. Yeah, so if you shoot that when you're just qualified, not real kids obviously, no pictures of pop ups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love that. Love the snowboarding polvo. Another one here at your sports good.
Speaker 3: I made you just saw the d Olympics.
Speaker 11: I wonder if they could use that spray on shoe technique for your your downstairs operation might be required if you're a male roller, because I'm your best dangling round one of those boats I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're talking about should we go back to the original Olympics and do the more nude But I guess what I did in factor in is that they didn't have boats with moving seats back in the original Olympics.
Speaker 3: Or cycling cycling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they certainly didn't have Winter Olympics, so you know, you couldn't do the bob slid stark naked.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is completely nerd except for the spray on. Have you seen those sprown shoes. We were talking about them yesterday, sprown shoes now spraying downstairs loin cloth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to help you get down the louge. I like it.
Speaker 1: Another call it your spurts, good air lads.
Speaker 11: I've always had the idea of combining Olympic sports so you're running at the same time. So for example, you could have the two hundred meter run and the javelin going all at the same time, and the javelin guys are trying to now the runners combined teams one points that way. Or you could just put the hammer throw cord next to the hockey turf, or put the triathlon in the same area as the rowing.
Speaker 3: It could be a good bit of fun. Ah. I quite like that. I quite like that. You could put the hammer throw like in the sailing, so it's like basically sending cannon balls out into the ocean to fire off the side of the laser. So basically the hammer throwers are on shore and then they're like the forty nine at Sales are sailing off shore and they're basically hiffing hiffing steel balls out into the harbor. I like that.
Speaker 1: I love the triathlon at the same time as the rowing as well. Like, oh you're worried about the pools and the seine, what about getting cleaned up by the men's.
Speaker 3: Eight foiling foiling with getting the boilers. Just I'm a big fan of this. I'm always a big fan of the super event as well. Just put it all together and and want and just see what happened the hell. So yeah, yeah, I mean the marathon at the same time as the cycling as well.
Speaker 1: So there's a couple of good videos out there of dudes getting skewed by pole voltze Evelyn.
Speaker 3: It's ugly. Oh yeah, it's usually, but it's usually Marshalls. Yes, some old dude with a clipboard who.
Speaker 1: Just gets pegged from behind and he's like or maybe to speed the whole thing up, like you could run the one hundred meters heats from opposite ends.
Speaker 3: That's great, see how they.
Speaker 1: Go, brilliant idea. Thank you very much for the call. Another one here yours please.
Speaker 3: I'll get it.
Speaker 7: Get off your cousin and iron g lane joke here from the only station with Kenny. Here's the thing. Every time to Mudie Martin goes pig hunting, the Warriors win Major ground, Him and his horse and his dogs would bet the Panthers, Dolphins, him and Jaars, the Cowboys, Him and Dylan Walker. And when we beat the Broncos, him, Dylan Walker and Jess Tovanger went pegannning.
Speaker 3: This is proven.
Speaker 7: Let the man go pegannning. Mid week we win fuck South Canbury.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jack. I think he was the original Fox South Canbary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he was. I like it. I think you know.
Speaker 1: There's a photo that came out of him and Jesse Sevanger and he's on a horse to Mighty Martiner's Jesseevunger's pulling a peg out of the bush. Probably the first warning sign that he wasn't in rehab. And I just thought when I saw that photo, to Mighty Martin is the man that every New Zealand bloke thinks he is. You know, we all think we'll think that has these rugged. Yeah, I love the city.
Speaker 3: Now look and kill pegs. That was his week.
Speaker 1: He went out and killed a peg with his hands, and then on the weekend he played half back for the Warriors. Like if it was a movie, you'd be like, oh bullshit, I love it. Send him out, Send him out into the bush, Send himighty out in the bush.
Speaker 3: Today. I don't even see them to the bush. Just sen him for some farm to kill a pegi to him. Yeah we can't. Yes, some bring a pick to Mount Smart and just didn't kill it. Sacrifice. Yeah, someone please halfway just.
Speaker 1: Before the game. That's brilliant. Another caller on the line here, yours please?
Speaker 10: Hey, fellas on naked Olympics doing the Olympics naked crowd have to be naked too, anyway? Fuck something?
Speaker 3: No, the crowd doesn't need to be nude. I think that's the step too fast.
Speaker 1: No, I think we I think. Do you remember when the NBA brought in the T shirt jerseys. They played a season where they had T shirts instead of singlets, so they had like an alternate strip and it was a T shirt. And the issue was is because fans are showing up to games and singlets and no one wants to sit next to a big, sweaty dude and a single for like two hours. So add on top of that, he's also got no pants on. You know, I don't think we want that. It's only for the athletes. Another caller here.
Speaker 12: My first time call, a long time listener. Just think about the alternative Olympic sports. I mean, I know you guys have talked about the All Star weekend a lot, But last day of the Olympics, every character he puts forward some athletes for bull rush. I think it'd be bloody good. You've got seven players, of course, been you at your track guys. You got field people who've got to throw some turn around. You got the swimmers. They're just slippery. I guess could be a girl.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 3: It's like the ultimate ultimate fighter at the end, or the ultimate athlete at the end. Only issue is, once your event's over, you're on a tear. You know what I mean. If you're events over in the first couple of days, you are on a tear in the village, you're on a tear in Paris. The last thing you want to do is dragged carcass out in the last day and play a game of ball rush against Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, You've just spent four years. Thank you about getting to this point. And that's another great point is like, what if you're just a gymnast. You know, you've spin around on the pommel horse thing and now all of a sudden David Liddy's running at you and you're gonna try and figure that out.
Speaker 3: It's a massive discrepancy, but you know, for the nolday to be, it'll be true if it was an arm wrestling or something. Maybe it's something there's some other sports or or maybe a great level at it's beer pong, darts and paul. Maybe it's like something a bit more kind of a boat race. Yeah, yeah, actually that's it. A boat race, an Olympic boat right, Olympic boat race. They're at the closing ceremony. Each country nominates ten athletes, five women, five men, and they we have an Olympic boat race. Yep.
Speaker 1: I'm all on board with that. So some god, they would be so smashed after that. It'd be so good, the fittest human beings on on the planet, crushing purse. One last call here, call it yours please.
Speaker 12: And my first time call a long time listener. Just think about the sports. I mean, then you guys have talked about the.
Speaker 1: This is the same guy, all right, then we'll bin him we'll get another one.
Speaker 3: That's it great.
Speaker 1: Thank god we got through it. Thank you very much for sending them all. I wanted to make sure that I played them all. And thank you very much for joining us on a Wednesday edition the Gender Podcast. We will be back tomorrow for a throwback Thursday, and we'll see you then.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for willo of you get your podcasts