Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the sixteenth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you my nextport a Vulture.
Speaker 3: Good morning, mat Heath, take getting on on a Tuesday morning, Matte good thanks. I'm meaning to hold my little thing very gently to be able to hear this. Yeah, the old headphone jack and the I've got some jack problems here, the a sec big jack problems in the Export Beer Garden Studio we always have.
Speaker 1: That's a new mic stand just to take everyone. Oh, it's way less droopy, very god, it feels good. Yeah, but it can't all be right.
Speaker 3: No, it's either you can hear you can hear me now, but I can't hear you. It's yeah, yes, it's like a sea saw. Yeah, but we're all right. We can't okay, we can't have all ends on the floor at one time. I've got a question for you, Matt Heath. If you had just been shot, but had a tea time book that your local golf course tomorrow, would you still shut up and play golf in Auckland, Yes, yeah, I mean if I own my own golf course, they'd be different. But in Auckland's what happens when you shot through the ear? Yeah, through the right ear? Ye does that? That doesn't effect much? Does it? Does it throw your balance off? No? Like everything now the way, like, because I've been reading about this and there's like everything in America, there's a huge debate about whether he did because the first shot was put up was from a different time, and so every no one believes anything. No one can believe anything.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I saw that because when I looked at it as well, the first headline was did Trump actually go and play golf?
Speaker 3: The day after? It's like, oh, I thought he definitely did. Yeah, Well nothing's nothing's real anymore. No one knows.
Speaker 4: So he's made.
Speaker 3: Everything so confusing that you can't even tell if he wouldn't play golf or not.
Speaker 4: No one knows. No one knows it all.
Speaker 3: But I mean, but I mean, like if you shot through the air, you can still do a lot or you know, I mean, like you know, any any closer and it wouldn't be good.
Speaker 4: But but I think he's still operational.
Speaker 3: I guess the thing is, are you supposed to go and see the peeps the person that did die?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh that's a.
Speaker 1: Good boy with the family of the person that And they're like, I'll try out play golf today.
Speaker 3: But I think he's rustled up like three million for them or something Bucks rang them.
Speaker 4: It's so complicated.
Speaker 3: I want to delete all social media if I hadn't, if I didn't have to, because it's just like, it's just it will everything's unreal now. Fletcher and Nell he plays rugby every game. It looks like he's been shot in both ears so they can play rugby. I was went on to the rugby on Saturday and given me a Lamu was near me and he was telling a story about how he goes and helps kids. Now, like you'll peer for kids and then the kids will just go yep, he'll say this, but I'll go waw. Years will be the first question every time, and then the next question week can we play with them? And then his speeches to kids just end up with all the kids just squeezing as he is playing with weird saying with this weird it is because I suppose when did he retire?
Speaker 4: Would that have been ten years ago?
Speaker 3: Well he really maybe did he play in the twenty fifteen World Cup, but I don't think he did. Yeah he did, I think so, So that'll be ten years ago. Yeah's ten years ago. They got no memory of keivin me Alama. We're playing for the All Black. So there's just this guy that's come in with crazy years and they go, what happened to Thanks for your inspirational check?
Speaker 4: Can we play with your years? And he's gone and he goes one hundred tests for YEP, and they all come and play with his ears.
Speaker 3: What was your Your experience from the ground there at Eaton Park Watch in their game.
Speaker 4: Was it was pretty good? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was sitting next to Kiaran Reid and so he was also funny years. He also funny years. But we were what miles miles back. But analysis from an ex All Black captain is high level compared to say, the guy to the right of me, it's Jimmy Wells. He was giving some poor analysis. But Kieran Read's eyesight, he'd like call call something from you know, like one hundred and thirty meters away. He could see exactly what was going on in call it. So it was pretty good.
Speaker 4: Experience.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good, good understanding of the game. Yeah, I feel like we need a bit more of that on our TV screens because we always get these guys on and then they're not allowed to give actual analysis or anything. So well, just it's going to come down to who plays harder, who wants it more, who cares for the football little bit more. In defense, if you get full analysis from an all back captain, complete with Iffan and jeffin, it's pretty good. It's just a completely different game experience. Do you think it was still a little bit quiet and eaton Park. There's this weird thing that happens because you get so hyped up for the Harker and the game kind of dies down after that. Yeah, because the hype is so hard and the choir is singing the national anthem, great national ampstence with the choirs excellent. They sounded really powerful, and there is just that little bit where it just drops off a little bit when the game starts. It's is quite odd, and you don't get the league first hit up, no, which so you know when the Warriors start the first but it's always freaking exciting.
Speaker 1: Whoa and then yeah, in a rugby union game. It's often a knock on off the.
Speaker 3: Yeah off the well the week before when we were down in Dneda and that was weird because we were watching the league and then at the same time he was watching the rugby. Yeah, I will give Eden Park their credit where creditors due one of the all time Mexican waves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I've seen in a New Zealand rugby game. Yep, it was powerful. It took a couple of goals to get going.
Speaker 3: They're always like an old chainsaw, aren't there the Mexican wave. It takes a couple of rops before it finally burst into life. But when it finally did, it was wrapping around that stadium. I was a little bit more into it than anyone in my immediate sit although Ralph Lane was sitting two seats down from me and was it.
Speaker 4: He was very into it.
Speaker 3: So I Later on after the game, I was asked, do you want to see something in Eden Park that you've never seen before? And I was like yeah, And we were taken down into the bowels of Eden Park.
Speaker 4: Where ever headed someone No, but there was a secret room.
Speaker 3: By a black door of the most luxury bar you've ever seen. Oh, really, like just a secret bar.
Speaker 4: Are you allowed to be talking about this? I don't know if I'm allowed to mention it.
Speaker 3: It was called the black door, so you go through the black not the back door, the black door you go through and then it's just this beautiful, the most incredible bar.
Speaker 4: It looks like the kind of thing.
Speaker 3: You might see, you know, NBA players hanging it after the right and it's not far from the changing room. So I think it's a bar for absolute high ends of sporting elite kind of people, right and you and me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: What like I'm picturing NBA VIP Yeah, that kind of felt robes, bottles service, yeah, that kind of thing, yeah, yeah, dancers, Yeah, And I think it's about to announced to something that you can book for the high end, absolute right ultra.
Speaker 4: VIP experience. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I just have to be standing beside Martin Guptal talking about something when when he got called to come down. Yes, so they said, I guess you can bring your little friend as well. There's an age old a sec tradition we were talking about this last weekend. We did that with Kieran Reid at the bar after the game and they were like, oh yeah, Kieren Reid can come in, and he goes everyone go, and then I'll go and last because they're not going to stop me from going to That's right.
Speaker 4: About eight of us went in there. Oh I was that down in Dunton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I did the terrible thing of trying to you know, rustle us up getting in the bar. Quicker Bot Yeah, texting you know one of the guys that lay to the bar and he's like, nah, wait out the front.
Speaker 4: But I didn't mention Karen Read this. Well, it was the security guarden.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned this on the podcast, but it was the look in his eye of being like, on Monday morning, do I want to have to face my manager and tell him that I didn't let Kieran Read into the bar after the older ska, no, I'm going to have to let him in. And then Kieren checkmated him by being like, Okay, well here's my eight friends who was like me you Lane Joe, and then just like five other randoms.
Speaker 3: That joined the party were just there. Yeah, it's just the kind of guy he is. Yeah, And then he stood out in the freezing cold with us just because he wasn't willing to just be you know, it was the Titanic. He wasn't going to be the woman and children on the lifeboat. Yeah, that's right, and leaving us to drown. He stayed out there with us. So the speakeasy, he's going to be available to the public. Then, I think, like the flashes speakeasy you've ever seen, right, Like, yeah, I left the trade out. Surely we're going to just hang out with an international player, you know after the game just pissed them and then you can get in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of international players, A dear friend of ours has been on an all time junkeard.
Speaker 4: I want to take a quick air break.
Speaker 3: But when we come back, the latest from Richie mo Oh yeah, a dear friend of ours smtt Heith. We're hanging out with him and Danita and just recently Richie Mornga. Oh what a great man he is. I've been saying this to everyone because you know he was obviously I don't think I'm revealing anything to say that he was paid to be at the Expert Yeah pre party, pre game down there just last week a man was he chatting to everyone getting photos. He gets paid, Whether he's a really, really good guy that gives a lot of time to people or not. Yeah, that's done. You know, people were just happy to be in the in the area with them. Yeah, but he had time for so many punishers and there.
Speaker 1: Including us, well, we arguably were the biggest punisher. Y Absolutely, I punished him for the longest time. Yeah, you know, it was one of those on the guys are protecting him from other punishers. We were massively punishing him. Yeah, that's right. You know, did I wake up the next morning and think shit? Probably oversheared with Richie there last night, you know, but you have these times, and you had great chats with Shannon Frazel as well. He was lovely chap as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely we swapt in our ol fantasy tips.
Speaker 1: But he's been on a hell of a junket since he's been over here. Obviously, he's just come back from Japan. He has another contract as contract's got two more years, so he can't play for the All Blacks. So he's just been over here basically on a junket doing absolutely.
Speaker 4: Whatever he feels like doing.
Speaker 3: He's hanging out with the city kickboxing dudes, Sonya and Dan Hooker and them.
Speaker 4: Oh yep, just hanging out, giving them a few tips.
Speaker 3: And now just for these last couple of days he's in camp with the State of origin of the New South Wales Blues, just to be what an inspirational figure, just an inspirational figure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were interviewing him and they were like, what's your role here and he's like, oh, nothing, really, I'm just sort of here. It's been all very authentic and organic. He's just having chats with people when they ask.
Speaker 1: Him, how bloody good I know, what a ridiculous junket he's been on. It's hit the news the headlines though, because he said that when he was talking to the Blues team, he said, I was actually approached to join the Warriors in twenty eighteen and for the longest time, probably since twenty eighteen, I would say he has been the number one player that any league fan would poach from union to bring over to rugby league. Apparently it got as serious as him, his manager and Stephen Kearney getting in a room together wow and hashing it out. And the only reason he didn't do it was because of the World up in Japan twenty nineteen. Yeah, right, and so he said, Bagat, I want to go and play at the World Cup.
Speaker 3: So but he's got some years in them, could still happen. He's thirty, yeah, thirty this year, so finishes that has finishes his contract in two years. Yeah, so he's thirty two. I mean, what's Sean Johnson. Yeah, Sean John's about thirty six. Yeah, so you get four years at of Richie Wangan That was it.
Speaker 4: Was jeez, wouldn't turn it down.
Speaker 3: He actually is shaped like a league player, he is. He's got that league build. Yeah, sort of small study five to eleven type mastulation. Eyes that you can get lost in. Yeah, beautiful man, wonderful complexion, great lines on his beard. Oh trying to like, you know, shape shape to the beard. Yeah yeah, beautiful curls and here that stays wet all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could just steer into those eyes all night. And we did, and we did a great expense to our friendship with him. But what a junket he's been on, just just flying around the world doing absolutely whatever he wants. Because that that Japanese tournament it's quite short, it's only like three months or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so he what a life is loving. He's one of the highest reported two million dollar contract. I don't know if that's per year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well going, you know, you know, when you're still in your prime, you know, you know, he could still be verse five for the All Blacks.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: That's so that's worth a lot of money, you know, one hundred percent. Yeah, so so good, Jenniferraze. He could be the number six for the All Blecks as well.
Speaker 4: Do you think so?
Speaker 1: The only swaying decision factor in his decision was that he wanted to play at the Rugby World Cup in Japan. If he knew then what he knows now that he would not only lose that World Cup but the following World Cup.
Speaker 3: Do you think it would have changed his mind? It's a great question. It could have showed a water cut a situation. Yeah, there's been some highs and lows of the Wahs as well.
Speaker 4: Though. He could have changed that. Yeah, that's right, he could have changed that. That's what we don't know.
Speaker 3: It's funny you say that the All Blecks lost the World Cup, but you don't say that the Warriors lost the NRL.
Speaker 4: Lost the NRL last year. You don't say you it's how good you do?
Speaker 1: They came second year because like I was saying last week, Shennan Frazzell said, basically our team was sort of like okay, and then Richie Moke came over and we won.
Speaker 4: Turned to Richie, dear friend of mine, I can get lost in here.
Speaker 1: That stays weird all day and said, when was the last time you played in a professional rugby camp that you didn't win? Like, if Richie and Wonga shows up to a rugby comp, he wins it. He said, oh the World Cup last year?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. I was like, well, yeah, franchise. No, yeah, I'm saying franchise yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking of international rugby, here's a fun fact for you. Australia currently have the longest active winning streak of any Tier one nation.
Speaker 3: Wow, well, okay opposition and how many games?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Wales? Three times?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think I think actually what happened is that did they win their last pool game last year and now they've turned around and beat Wales twice?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 3: Well, hang on a minute, so aren't we on three?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Because we lost our last World Cup game?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, of course, yeah, sorry, because you don't play another Yeah, yeah, you don't play another got them an idiot? So yeah, so we lost. Yeah, we lost the final. It's a mathematics thing where but they are on the longest winning streak of any Tier one nation as.
Speaker 4: They are back. The Wallabes are back. They've just lost two of the best players the rugby league. But would you would it be fair to say that rugby's back in Australia.
Speaker 3: I can believe they've lost all their best players to rugby league forever in AFL.
Speaker 4: And switching tacked now.
Speaker 1: The Sales GP yesterday were saying how amazing a weekend it was to be Spanish. The Spaniards were still racing when we recorded the podcast yesterday. They went on to win it in the final over there in San Diego. We not only do we lose to them, we actually ended up coming third.
Speaker 3: Yeah overall, and the we missed out on a three point two million dollar page Chicken.
Speaker 1: I New Zealand one in christ Church when we were there, Yeah, there was talk.
Speaker 3: Of sending us over to San Diego to cover the final as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What happened with that talk, I don't know it was there was strong loud talk, yeah, and not just by us, no, other people suggested there were people at because we did such good coverage and Littleton.
Speaker 4: People at sale GP that we're like, look we.
Speaker 3: Did all singing, all dancing coverage down there. We gave it a hundid. They were like, look, we'd love to have you over there. At San Diego said we would love to come. And then just crickets, nothing, nothing, And now we floated up upstream and and people like what no, not those guys.
Speaker 4: They were awful. Didn't they bring the dolphins in?
Speaker 1: They're the ones that brought the dolphins in, so we didn't get sent over there, and then the Blackfoils lose.
Speaker 3: Is that a coincidence? Not a coincident at all. No, I mean Glane is a he's a massive curse to everyone except for in yachting. He's actually never been to he never supported a yachting regatta that hasn't won.
Speaker 4: That's a good.
Speaker 3: Point, is that technically part of the g Lane curse when he's supporting his like a New Zealand team in New Zealand. Well, one thing that we do know about the g Lane curse is it doesn't and that all of New Zealand is all blacks home territory. So he can fly away to Dunedin for example, and that doesn't cause the All Blacks to lose. Yes, flies over seas to see them, it does. Yeah, it's kind of complicated as home the home all of New Zealand is home home to the All Blacks.
Speaker 4: So potentially is that why they didn't send him over there? They heard about the curse?
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, we can't, so we needed to actually go through the actual tenants of the curse.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And in Olympics news, Olympics is very very close.
Speaker 1: I actually believe the torch is in Paris and it's making its way around Paris. There's still so many stories about the.
Speaker 4: Quality of the sin River. Did you see Yeah? Was it the Prime Minister the mirror of parwis swimming in the thing? Did you see this? Right? Is that a she?
Speaker 3: It's a she because I saw a documentary and some sharks came up the scene because the Mirror of Paris wouldn't shut down the triathlon that was going there, and the sharks rang a random muck. Yeah, with the triathletes in the water. No, I know, I had in Wild's a little bit worried about that as well. But no, No, they did a bit of a pr stunt and they went down and swum in the in the sin Rivet.
Speaker 4: It proved that there's no poos in there. Anyway, I digress.
Speaker 1: The point I'm trying to get to is Sammy Maxwell, she is one of our mountain bikers. Yeah, she was snubbed for Olympic selection despite the fact that she actually met all the criterias in terms of she won the right races, she was fast enough. And then New Zealand Cycling said, nah, she can't go because she's got an eating disorder.
Speaker 4: They didn't check it at all.
Speaker 3: They didn't ask her if she's still She has had one in the past, but this wasn't based on any report or any They didn't ask her about anything.
Speaker 1: And my only thing to New Zealand Cycling is like, she's not going over to beat Joe Chess that on the fourth of July. Can she ride the bike real fast?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's what her personal Life's got nothing to do with you, No who cares with you. But by the way, have you looked at what any professional athlete, you'd be like, they've all got eating this definitely, yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah, that seems freaking crap azy. Would you deny Arnold Swarzenegger the chance to compete for his fifteenth Mister Olympia because they've been eating too much chicken breast, chicken breast and brown rice. Yeah, that's an eating disorder, right there, Come on New Zealand cycling. I just think it's absolutely terrifying to me how late they're leaving the run for all of these sports to be decided. Yeah, it's crazy. The shit starts in like two weeks. Yeah, I'm so excited. I love an Olympics. Yeah, what's your favorite one to watch? She Sai's a good question. I mean, obviously you get most excited about the you know, the ters. I mean that's the one that really builds you up. But every year you get surprised by what you're into. Yeah, I do get into the diving.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of time. I've got a lot of time for whatever's on.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, I know this is the same thing for me, because whatever's on, you sit down and you end up watching it. Yeah, and you're like, I know nothing about Olympic weightlifting. Yeah, then within half an hour someone else could walk into the room. You're like, right, this means that, this means that's now this guy dropped this one on the first one, so this means he's got the second chance you come back and win it. This way, yeah, it's you're become an expert in everything, which is which is, which is great, and then you never and you just really freaking care and then you never think about it again. I find Olympic not just because I'm the Kei Wei, but I find Olympic growing really tense. I guess maybe this way I like it because it's generally a key we involved. You know, you jump on board, but the key we involved.
Speaker 3: If the key's got a chance of winning, and then whatever the sport is, it doesn't freaking matter what the sport is, you freaking care.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think one of my favorite parts of the Olympics is just exactly sitting down at a pub and trying to figure out what it is the sport that you're watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've ever watched the Winter Olympics with Lee Heart, but it is one of the the hardest I've ever laughed, sitting at a pub and having him try to explain what he thinks is going on on the TV. He was like watching the you know, the luge, and there's like one man. He's facing backwards, then he's facing forwards. Now there's two guys.
Speaker 3: The double luge is the double means louge is quite something, Yeah, because do it on tops, not doing much by leaning a little bit. I mean he's just ballast. You know, you do that with a mannequin. Also, I don't know, it's an od sport to get into. I think if it would be better if it was face to face well and mixed. Yeah, Lee was wondering if it shouldn't be sixty nine where one person's facing down and steering and the other person's leaning back and sort of like if that's a competitive advantage into it. Yeah, you know, and just just live with the consequences.
Speaker 4: I think you're going to have to. And but I mean any of it.
Speaker 3: You don't see nude double louge, do you?
Speaker 4: Not often?
Speaker 3: No, But you know, like people get pretty nudy and some sports, yes, But yeah, I just wonder if they found out there was an advantage of being nude doing it, whether they do it, I think it's like the sharkskin suits they had. Yeah, in the pool, there's actually an aerodynamic advantage to wearing the old Kathy Freeman on.
Speaker 4: The on the ice skating.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have been asking if we're going to commentate the Olympics, and each one of those people I've said the same thing, what's event?
Speaker 4: Because there are millions of events?
Speaker 1: And are you going to get up at one in the morning towards the badminton qualifiers?
Speaker 3: If we commentate it, we will commentate the whole of the Olympics. Well we would if it was up to us, Yeah, we would ae haelndred percent, we'd be all over it.
Speaker 1: But it'd be like when Glane commentated the black Caps versus Uganda at two thirty in the morning.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's been non orgent.
Speaker 3: What's the deal with the sevens?
Speaker 4: Like? Are we looking good? Are we? Oh? What's happening there?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, And what it was there four years ago?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no three because they had to delay that. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's going to say Jesus Christ if that was four years ago, Tree is pretty bad.
Speaker 4: That's what seems like.
Speaker 3: It's some round some ruby, Tilley and the crew wrapped in a new one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as far as I'm aware, we're still dominating every other week.
Speaker 4: We hear that we're in the final. I think our men lost the last final and the woman one.
Speaker 3: But I think anytime you show up at the Olympics, unless you've got Sunny Bill and your team, you're probably a good chance of winning. When he jumped ship to try and get himself an Olympic gold, yeah we crashed out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, a little bit disappointed by I'm also looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: I think what we're actually going to do is just give you a recap on this podcast every morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Let's let's not spoil anything by making any predictions, no, because they will inevitably Ye. Let's just learn the names of the players and remember them for the rest of our lives. Once they once they they bring home the glory, the quiest for bronze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, care we gold.
Speaker 1: We're going to take one more quick break when we come back. We've got your feedback on yours Please, yours.
Speaker 2: Please brought you by home the top.
Speaker 1: Your chance to get involved in the podcast by hitting the microphone button and the bottom right hand corner of your iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: When you do that, you.
Speaker 3: Have thirty seconds to record a message, just like this person here has caller, yourles, please good a fence.
Speaker 5: I'd love to know the t's and.
Speaker 7: Seas of betting on the kids, betting.
Speaker 4: On the babies, nappies, bottles, tantrums, how many night fees?
Speaker 3: How crazy it's.
Speaker 7: Going to drive me?
Speaker 3: You do love to know all the same game multis and anything you guys can make happen.
Speaker 7: Yep, I'll get amongst it.
Speaker 1: So last week we had a caller caller and say that he liked to gamble on him and his wife liked to gamble on whether the baby had a full nappy or not. They just gambling between them. Lane said that he started to introduce a little bit of gambling with his kids. Unfortunately, now it means that because he's giving them prices for how far they can hit a put on the golf course, and so now there's trying to hit the furthest part that they can. Yeah, right, they try and win the biggest amount of money. But as as a father of two, have you ever run any gambling odds on your on your kids?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's not I have not, actually, and I think I've missed because you know, like when you have a punt on a on a sporting fixture. It makes everything a lot more exciting. Yes, so maybe it would have like you know, god, I could have not even just a birthing sweep steak or I guess you could put money on overs and unders when the kid's gonna start screaming and wake you up, and if you win, you don't have to get up. That would be a great way to do it, even if Yeah, so whoever's closest gets to stay down. Yeah, yeah, because or either either way, it would just be good to if you wake up in the middle of the night, you can at least check your phone and have that fun moment of like, oh yeah, yeah, and I'll be going straight back I get Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, no, I didn't do that. I feel now my kids are getting big now it's hard to bet on what they do. Never bought a bet on any of their sporting activities. Oh well, because it's already the most terrifying thing in the world watching your kid bat or bowl at cricket. Yeah, is so freaking terrifying, just because you know how much it means to them, and you know the repercussions.
Speaker 4: You know, like it's more to see them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or if they bowl two wides in a row, and then you see them starting to eat themselves alive. If you're seeing them get the yips in real time, that's hard for a dad to watch. Yeah, and then it's it's not vicarious, no, it's just them. Yeah, because you know, I'm so crap that. You know, my eldest son was better than me at sport by the time he was like thirteen at all sports bybby earlier. But it's just you know what they're going to go through. So if I had a punt on that as well, I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: You watch your son capitulate out there on the cricket pitch and then Mike Lane comes over and goes, oh, and I'll have that twenty bucks off your thanks because your son just so happy.
Speaker 3: Gelie, I had wide next ball for your son three words in a row.
Speaker 1: The thing is the way the game it would be. Mike Lane would were one hundred percent bet against his kids. Oh yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: You could fix it really easily because he'd want happiness assurance for how annoyty you'd be if they did well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and how much they'd rub it in on him.
Speaker 1: It would be deflating as a kid to come home having just missed out on a representative sporting team and just be like, oh, look, mama missed the team.
Speaker 3: And then she's like, oh, I'm sorry to hear that, and then slides your dad twenty bucks.
Speaker 4: I told you.
Speaker 3: I told you he was not going to make that heavily against Yeah, those other six kids have just hit puberty. There's no way he's making the basketball team right now. I beat you twenty bucks. He doesn't make this team. There's been no recovering from that. I think it has to be while there's still babies you have to bet on, like yeah, could you could actually be like yeah, as their babies? I think because like in that situation, you got inside knowledge you could not beat them breakfast, and then you know, there's a lot of things you could do.
Speaker 4: To affect the outcome.
Speaker 3: Arrive late, you know, like you know, put the wrong sized pads in the get bag.
Speaker 1: You've seen the left all of their gear outside and it's about to rain, but you don't say anything, yeah, because you've got twenty bucks riding on it.
Speaker 3: You take the NSLs out of their footy boots, heavily against them.
Speaker 4: That is real degenerate parenting.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if that's triggered anyone else, any other markets that you'd like to open up on gambling on children would happily be the home of child gambling. Here at the a SEC, we've got no problem with another call here yours please yeah.
Speaker 4: Good a boys.
Speaker 6: Firstly, if lee Hart does make it bug over in Europe with the chip game and buys a super yacht, don't step foot on it. I went for a company that Solomon's Jet skared a deal three years ago and we still haven't seen it back for its first service. Secondly, I have heard rumors that Quartez Rattima has or could bench one hundred and fifty kilos coming out of Hamilton. Boys High and just on that note, cheers boys, riscause love.
Speaker 3: Love, bless you courties. How good well?
Speaker 4: I was saying this yesterday on the podcast.
Speaker 3: As soon as he came on my missus and then subsequently subsequently Lauren from out of the office, who I was sitting with, they both who's that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's hot? Yeah? Changed everything.
Speaker 3: Obviously, we don't stand for sexually objectifying people on the sports field Here at the ac so we never would do that, would never bring any kind of sexual anawly's listen to our coverage, Never have and never would.
Speaker 4: But I just thought it was interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen I've seen Lee hard out on that jet ski. Oh you have, I've seen him out there. Yeah, he keeps it up at the Echo Lodge.
Speaker 4: All right, that's still going yeah right.
Speaker 3: I think, like a lot of things Lee does, he does it for a bit and then he finds the reason why he doesn't want to do it and goes to the pub.
Speaker 4: On what kind of we're talking about Richie Monger's junket before? What kind of junk it is? Leon?
Speaker 3: We were saying this yesterday, like, hey, the snack changing Halftimes.
Speaker 1: First week it's from Mexico. This week it was from Croatia. Just yesterday it seemed that he was in Spain. Yeah, for the Euro's Final?
Speaker 4: What is he up there? Do you know?
Speaker 3: He took us kids over there for a bit. But they might be back. I'm not I'm not I'm not really really.
Speaker 4: Sure he's gambling on them. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He just seems that, yeah, maybe he has to see how long they could handle keep up with their dad's drinking. I don't know, but I think he's doing quite well off the big chap. It seems like he's doing quite well. I think he's the kind of guy that can just stay in Europe and luxury accommodation for as long as he freaking wants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a man of leisure about too.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to have him on board as the sponsor, one of the sponsors of the ACC one Final Call of yours space.
Speaker 5: Yeah you get o Fellers, how you cheers for sitting out that white fan's cricket bat that you put out the Dems. I was pretty surprised to receive that in the male full size cricket bat with all the ladies' names slightly.
Speaker 7: Jet gave it to my daughter who is also a big fan. And for white fans, we've got a few tests, men's tests, and then we've got a few domessic games and white fans games, and she would also like to say something to.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the cricket and fu South Canbury.
Speaker 3: Ah, that is that is so good? Oh that was so wholesome. I was tearing up with the wholesomeness. And then that fuck South Canteribar at the end. That is the perfect I think it's reached its peak. Is that time to shut down the US?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: I mean that is Can anyone now do that that was a false flag at the start.
Speaker 1: I had no idea whether message was going from the start where he's like, thank you for sending the thing that I've got my daughter here, and then to be zoo with the fuck South Canterbury.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I felt for you when we were down in Dunedin apart and there was people getting around. There's a lot of fucks South Canterbury and and you said something to me, and you know, we joke around a lot, but I saw a real hurt in your life and you go. So the thing I'm going to be known for is fuck South Canterbury. Like the thing it just swirls around me, you.
Speaker 4: Know, just just just.
Speaker 3: Really shitting on my own home, you know, my home turf. Well, yeah, there's a couple of things on this one. You don't get to choose there, that's the thing. You don't get to choose what blows up. The people have spoken, Yeah, and it's fuck South Canterbery.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The second part that I really hate is that everybody that's seeing it on social media doesn't listen to the podcast, doesn't know what it's about.
Speaker 3: They think it's coming from me. Yeah, that I'm saying fuck South Canterbury.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the third part is the more I complain about it, the more that comes in. Oh yeah, there's no way out for you. But even if you're not complaining about it, people know. Yeah, people know that. People know that it's cutting through. Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: And the only solution that I've come up with is, I don't know, if you saw the mock up of the jerseys that someone wanted to make the fuck South Canterbury Social Club Yeah yeah, is shorting the market by selling those jerseys to anyone who's playing against South Canterbury and the Heartland and then using the money to fund South Canterbury to fly up to compete for the Shield next year.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant. Yeah, that's brilliant. I think that's the only solution here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: That's that's complicated. Three D cheers you're playing there. I think to have a small child yelling fuck South Canterbury at me for a voicemail on a podcasts simultaneously the highest and lowest point of my broadcasting career. Well, I think I told you over a few beers that you know, I campaigned really hard to get a TV show on TVNZ many many years ago and finally got there, and I wasn't nobody from duned and got this TV show and was it rated really well on its first night. But I had this joke and at one joke in it where I was going up to people saying, eat my shit and drink my purse and I'll give you five bucks.
Speaker 4: It was just just a little joke, so it was like pretending to be.
Speaker 3: It was called a Danny dearsy bit and so like immediately have some six says. But all that happens is wherever I go, eat my shirt, drink my purse, as all the people you know to be at a full show, just one little joke, eat my drink. And then so everywhere I went people were just yelling at me that, and I was thinking, as you said, you don't get to choose it, and why do you expect it won't be quite as good as you'd hope. Yeah, well, I think we'll knock it on the head for today. This has been a bo As I said, a simultaneous high and low in my broadcasting career. Thank you very much for joining us, Matt Heath, Eat my shirt, Drink my purse. We'll see you guys tomorrow for another episode of the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Accs, a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you get your podcasts