Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Audin's Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra of the Beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Friday, the fifteenth of November.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you my Export Vulture.
Speaker 1: Had a very good morning to James mcconey of a Friday He James Monsieur.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, ge Lane, what are you wearing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's good. That's a good Sorry, sir, we're slight lieutenant to you.
Speaker 5: Mcony.
Speaker 4: No, I was down in o'hackeya last night actually with Matt Heath. Got invited to the bog Rets dinner down there and O hockey.
Speaker 1: What's the bog Rets dinner. It's like a.
Speaker 4: Junior flight kind of function, like all the junior flight I don't know what. Yeah, pilots, they were good, these good times down there. Think it was a great time. And I woke up this morning without my acc jacket, and I woke up with someone else's jacket, which I found out later on is flight lieutenants Sandbrooks, Oh Brooks. Yeah, Brandon, Brandon Sambrook, I've got your jacket.
Speaker 5: Okay, Senior has quite a few medals all over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are, so I like it. There's a helicopter pin, there's a yellow bar, which I presume is earned, not given the Crunchy. He's won the Crunchy medal for services to Cabre's. Yeah. Look it's stolen veller. It is stolen vella. Yeah, you did not earn that. No, you don't have your wings? And then what's that one. That's a bit of metal.
Speaker 5: That's a three year service, it's just regular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you flying without wings?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, I'm going to have to return it to him at some stage, so I think coming near Christmas.
Speaker 5: This is their foremark kind.
Speaker 4: Of dining out first the number one. But I woke up and looked at the back of my door. I was like, well, where the I get that from me? I was like, where's my jacket? And okay, I've had recollections of swapping clothes at some stage.
Speaker 3: Hey, what happens in o'harky stays in a hockey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there great New Zealanders down there. Layton and Cardy looked after us.
Speaker 3: Is that our top gun? There are our top gun Academy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The best of the best down there, is it? Yep, that's for all the helicopter squadrons as well.
Speaker 1: We've got choppers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hell yeah, right they were good, are they in nineties?
Speaker 3: Didn't you see hump for the wilder people.
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 5: You got quite a few of them. They're pre stock and they've got new herkules as well.
Speaker 1: We got For the longest time thought our air force consisted of a hang glodder and a spud gun.
Speaker 3: But no, we've got it. Does That's part of I think.
Speaker 4: I think they want to they want to make you think that. I think it's just so they can ship away down there in hockey.
Speaker 3: But it was.
Speaker 5: It was good fun. They're a good time down there.
Speaker 1: We had a good time and no one crashed into a reef. Suppose it's hard to do when you're not a chat about that. I bet that. I bet their bloody a lot of chat about that. I bet the Armed services are a flutter. Oh yeah, yeah, the Defense Force, so yeah, how many times you have to bow these clowns? That's funny because the Air Force, the only time you ever really hear about them is when the planes bloody broken down and Chris Luxein's got to hop On in New Zealand. There was a lot of feedback about that as well.
Speaker 4: They were like, these planes do so much any missions, and that like breaks down once in its headline news They're like, so yeah, yeah, there's a lot of There was a lot of that going on as well in terms of just I mean, I felt like Matt Heath and I were just the media punching beg for a little bit.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 1: We were happy to take the punches. Oh so they were pinning everything on you that was being reported on the idiot.
Speaker 4: No, they were pretty good actually, but I wasn't expecting. We had a nice formal dinner, you know, got a gavel and everything. You can't sit down until the you know, the most senior person sits down. You can't state your food until they sat down and he start eating the meal. And some guy walks up and drops a coin into my full glass of red wine, and then the whole the room stops and looks at me, and I had to chug my full glass of red wine, save the king, yeah.
Speaker 5: And then remove the coin. And I had that and I had to drop in someone else's drink.
Speaker 4: God dropped in my drink. Four times throughout the night. I felt like I was getting picked on.
Speaker 1: Yeah you were over mate, who he cut his head to bits in an angle grinding incident. The blade exploded as they do. And then a couple of weeks later he was playing he was at a bo and they were playing that game. He put his hand over the glass to cover it. When the person went to put it in, the glass shattered, ripped his other hand to bits. So now he's standing here like mister crabs both his hands.
Speaker 3: So is it called save the King? Is it well, save the Queen, Save the Queen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because yeah, because she's on the coin.
Speaker 6: He's on the coin, so yeah, so that's the game, Save the Queen, Save the coin.
Speaker 3: They yelled at you.
Speaker 4: Yep, and the queen yeah yeah, and then a plant clap when it was all drunk as well, and then I tried to do something.
Speaker 5: I was we're talking about some terrible stuff.
Speaker 4: And then I suggested they still had the queen above, you know, like in the center of the room as the head of state, and there was a real fruity picture of Prince Charles somewhere else, and I said, why don't we why do you swap that for the King. Can I remove the queen and put the King up there? And it was like the room went silent. Don't touch the coin. I was like, oh, okay, don't touch that, don't touch that picture. Good to us, I said, there's a lot of shit going on. This room's way worse than me putting Prince Charles. We should be on the front wall. But I think they're still holding onto queeny.
Speaker 6: I feel like if you took the queen's portrait down, there'd be someone who come out of a little door instead of attack you like a you know, and just like just strip away.
Speaker 3: At you and like the protector of the queen's or something, the honor of the queen. Take the queen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, take it off and something explodes.
Speaker 3: It would be like that I was booby trapped. I was an actual booby Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Got a great wreck head head, wrist and power.
Speaker 1: We have talked quite much. She probably still has it. We were talking at there and say the other day about whether you we think we could replace one of the photos of the return serviceman on the wall with our own photo and how long it would last before somebody noticed it. Do you think mconte, you send the photos, do you think you could know?
Speaker 6: This is the weird thing. I'd actually even noticed the photos. I applaud you for noticing the photos. Like you're definitely a details guy, like perfect, there's some kind of ricky sniper sort of working out the lay of the land. But I the one thing I thought was that if there was ever a quiz stuff in the room, that would be your superpower. I feel like you sort of walk around, you notice everything, and you're ready to go yeah, Cyril Burgess, I think. And also they don't like us anyway, Like we're only here because one of us is a member. It might be you, and so we just put my Nya's name down to say that we can drink the air, and the rest of the time they barely tolerate us. I mean it's just I order food. So I feel like they said to go all the fact. Guy's going to have something.
Speaker 4: Great food, some money. And the photos black and white most of them. What's the key, will you up outer?
Speaker 1: Is in color?
Speaker 5: That's the key.
Speaker 4: I think you need to go black and white. Yeah, because you can never tell how really how old the photo is.
Speaker 1: No, because I don't think anyone and then looks up at them like you said, only someone like me would even notice that they're up there.
Speaker 4: I think if you put I think what would be better is not yourself. I think if you put John Rambo up there, or someone like a black and white photo John Rambo and put it up there like that would be better.
Speaker 5: You were like, fuck is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I definitely look at the honors board, all the jerseys at a rugby club.
Speaker 3: It's always kind of like I'll go around and say someone.
Speaker 1: Played for Barbers or some rico funny name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like the ones that say on loan from such and such.
Speaker 1: You like, you take that back?
Speaker 5: You take that back?
Speaker 6: He's there the club, the central the central Vikings are no longer.
Speaker 5: The Central Vikings rip.
Speaker 1: The closest I've ever come to getting my photo up on a board like that was one day I got confused for being an essay soldier. I think I've told the story before, but I'm snuck into ben a military camp, after me and a mate who lived there were on the purse one night. The next morning, I woke up and I went to the bathroom and went back, and he goes down to breakfast, comes back up and goes. Everyone's talking about this guy with scruffy facial here walking around the barracks, and only people that are allowed to do that are the essays. Everyone else has to be clean shave. So they're all going, who's this essay S guy. It doesn't look like a soldier. Oh, but the essays guys never do. That's the thing they all blend. And so I was the ESA S guy getting around Burnham Military Base.
Speaker 4: For where did you get caught? Eventually made a quick evac. No one tried to throw hands and just test out.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I won't say his name, but my friend who was living there, he checked into work for the sergeant or whatever. He said, go and get your new kit. Goes to get his new kit, tells the guy at the kit shop, I just got to duck back to work real quick. Then I'll come back and grab my kit. So now he's told mummy's in one place, dad, and the other he's in a black hole. Comes back. We played PlayStation all day, and that's what you're funding with your tax paying dollars.
Speaker 6: Speaking of SAS people, isn't James Tavanga's dad an SA S guy or he's a military guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and also I don't miss military guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I can imagine.
Speaker 4: I bumped into Willie Apiada at the fish and Chip shop in Belmont about about maybe a year and a half ago, does he I think his girlfriend was out there. I was walking back from Aggie practice with with Ralph and we popped in and very friendly him and I was like, how's it going, how's it heading away?
Speaker 5: Be playing rugby yet?
Speaker 4: And then Ralph had no idea who it was. I pulled up a photo and a video later on, He's like.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that guy's love as fuck.
Speaker 1: That is a war hero. Yeah. Rugby practice was that tough?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was like, oh yeah, my knee, yeah yeah. I've been through some tough stuff myself. All right, let us take a quick break and there's plenty of sports to talk about this week, and we're going to start with the All Blacks. Razor has named his team, but there's some dramatic stuff coming out of the French camp. So quick break and we'll come back and talk about the Abs this weekend. The All Blacks play the French in you two will be commentating it on Sunday morning. Friendly time of about nine am. Again, isn't it beautiful time? We'll get into the All Blacks team in just a second. But have you seen the headlight that their first five? I have jail bait. I can't remember, I can't remember how to say, is actually Jaliber? Jaliber? He doesn't want to play for the French team. Basically, the story is that he was asked to come off the bench this week and he said, if I'm not starting, you can go knock yourself and yeah, and so he's laid his arms down and surrendered and he will not be taking part this weekend.
Speaker 6: That's I didn't realize that. I was wondering where is Jaliber? What the story was? But they've got Ramos playing first five. Who's an a normal goalkicker anyway. Yeah, the problem with doing a surrender as a French person as it's been done before. But also that they they there's plenty of people that play first five. Everyone in the French team can play first five. It's pretty much all their preferred positions. But even Antoine DuPont apparently his first five cover for the game. So they're like, yeah, well we'll play whereas new Zealand we should our pants and go who's going to play ten? France are like who doesn't? Who isn't going to play ten? We're all keen, they're all they all fucking love to kick. You can imagine how they came through. They end up in rugby. It's just they couldn't kick straight enough to play football and so so yeah, you go to rugby because you get to kick it out and you get applauded for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, like the balls do wonky anyway, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You're a rugby guy, you know.
Speaker 6: And if you're too big and hulking, if you're sebstied shabal, it's like, unless you're a really good goal that you can fuck off the rugby psychopath. Yeah, if you're a big psychopath, ruby rugby. If you love grabbing the tistacles, yeah rugby. Yeah, football not for you.
Speaker 1: He's named his team as our Razer to Mighty Williams and Tyra Lomax, of your props because Ethan degru is still not starting. This is the third week in a row and there's a headline don't fall for it. I did this morning and it says Razor explains why the group's not playing for the third week straight. His explanation is, we didn't play the last two games and so now the other two are playing well enough that they are in front of him. It's like, yeah, but what did he do the first week? I know, every time you're in here, Marconi, I keep asking you. I know you don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've got answers for you.
Speaker 6: And I just last time I said I thought he strangled a duck. Apparently that is incorrect.
Speaker 5: It was I ran with that.
Speaker 6: There's a strong theory, and I just thought he'd be the sort of guy he'd be, you know, as a duck hunter. You just go, well, I haven't got my gun, I'll just strangle it. Yeah, But apparently it was a q few issue. It was a few and I mean I don't know like there's been a coo few issues before. Is that Mark Till in the Rugby World Cup?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: And he mister test.
Speaker 4: Who enforces the you is here like a night warden that stays in the four yer with a watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ira is it?
Speaker 5: Rely you're relying on teammates telling on you.
Speaker 3: You have to GP that would be quiet. They're probably the fastest side run as well. I reckon with a shopping trolley and ship. You know, it's like, did you see my buddy Stans from last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine fifty nine you reached a heart of two hundred bits per minute?
Speaker 3: What we would do?
Speaker 1: You're on your own, Yeah, going down as a bourboard street.
Speaker 3: You don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: You're in the forty third arrondissement and BELLI, yeah, you just missed your train. So yeah, yeah, you're right, Marxala did miss that. I reckon it would be what's our man?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Hanson? The assistant coach, Scott Hanson said his name, I reckon to be he'd be sitting with a watch, lights off.
Speaker 3: Yeah. By the way, that is pure speculation. I don't know.
Speaker 6: So if it isn't qfew, sorry, Ethan, I don't know what you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're back to the duck.
Speaker 3: We're back in the dark and back to the duck. Sorry, and we're in the dark.
Speaker 6: But the one issue is that when I saw the training footage where they send this, you know, the all Blecks training, two things stood out. One was dupless. He was on his back and flipped up to standing like a like like a gymnast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, oh, it's straight away.
Speaker 6: He's in the oor blex for one day and he's just doing all these little sort of physical tricks and then maybe puppetry of the penis, I don't know. And then he and then I saw Ethan the Grout walking by himself in the dead ball area. I just felt sad. Yeah, I wonder.
Speaker 1: What he did. I wonder what he did. I really want to know. Cody Taylor's back in Scott Barrett to provide the shake up at six, seven and eight, because of course Sam Kaine's out. Samapenny female now comes into the blind side Artie Savia to seven, which means Wallace to Teddy will be playing his favorite position at number eight. Does that just make him even better? Do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Gives him more chance to get his hands on the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Him off the back of the scrum could be something scary for France because he's been given that wide channel, which has sort of been Ardi's favorite. But they've said, well, Ishi Wallace is pretty good out there, he does, you know, And anyway, now he gets every single scrum move he can just do just morale the way he always does. I think He's kind of been given a bit of a free reign anyway, because before you had like Sam Kaine was just heading rucks, right yeah, and he hit won too many rucks and got split open and then old Artie Ardie number seven. There's really no room to hide. It's a lot speaking of GPS, that'll be a lot more work than number eight, I reckon. Yeah, so Wallace still has a lot of freedom, which is great.
Speaker 3: Summer.
Speaker 6: Penny Female I think comes in because he's a big unit and France always put out these behemoths. You sort of think the normal sized humans and then you go, okay, collectively you're just this massive kind of like glob of I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is there that too lungy in there?
Speaker 1: Some we all know I haven't notched in there.
Speaker 3: He's not quite reached that level.
Speaker 1: The he's the biggest one out all of them, isn't there. Yeah that's one fifty kges or something a lock.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, fore nowe he is the first five killer, right Jelley Beer probably went, I'm not playing that human scure.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does. He just goes hunting for half backs first five, anyone who's under like six foot and will he will obliterate you. Roygar gets to start Boden Barrett and at number ten over Dmac. He's back from his from his headnock. That's his jersey now, isn't it number ten? You think Body?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think Body is the steady choice. He's kind of the he's become a bit of a steady the ship guy for them. The combo with his brother already is you know, that's that's nice.
Speaker 1: And the image of the three of them before they walk out together it.
Speaker 6: Makes you feel good, doesn't when they're together for the anthem, those Barrett boys. But really Body is the sort of guy who's been there, done that. And I think d mac, even though he played bloody well in one Man in the match in Dublin, I still think there's probably there's some things that that they like from Bowden and it's really just the when to kick some of that technical stuff that they do, the distribution side of it. I mean d mac was lucky with that try that Wallace of t scooped up the pass on the half folly, you know, and let's be honest, I think and then had to scoop up Walla passes two half follies in a row. So all that stuff. I think in the end we're quite lucky because I think d Max is the guy is gonna probably come on and win the game if we're in the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great problem they have, Yeah, great problem to have. Peter Luckeye finds his way onto the bench as well for the old Otherwise it's pretty standard stuff in the backs. Now. Earlier this week they were talking about, well, the squad's got released and then the Super Rugby squads that is, and then we were talking about gold. Wouldn't it be good if there was some sort of trade system in Super Rugby? And so we put our heads together yesterday and thought, well, what kind of trades would we do if there was like a trade window in Super Rugby. We've come up with a few. They have ruffled some feathers. Forty three comments and it's all what I've noticed is the teams. No team wants to trade anyone away. That's what they get upset about. That's what all the comment is a bit about.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, we love him. Here's the first trade. Now the Blues have three first class first five. They got Perafeeder, they got Plumber. They also have Boat and Barrett. Those traders trade Body Barrett to the Hurricanes for Dupless see Carrife. So Carrefi comes up. He replaces basically a Kiri Yuani, except they'll probably put him at seven and then Papa don't preach around at six. They don't need all of those first fives. The Blues and you seen body Hunt and I feel like dupless coref he'd fit right in at the Blues. He had really is a mixtape with Mark Telea and Caleb Clark, Ryanni.
Speaker 5: And you get reunited with Ricky Rictelli.
Speaker 6: He's at Ford pack, all that Blues team, all around with full jazz hands.
Speaker 3: You know, you think about people who are camera ready, media ready.
Speaker 6: You throw Duplessi in with Angus Tarvour and Caleb Clark, it's like, okay, just everybody calm down and form an orderly line and they'll just be doing.
Speaker 1: You are by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay, right.
Speaker 1: You actually got Levi are More from the Crusaders. They get a log jam, they got in all they got har Velly, They've now got are More. But what they don't have is a decent first five. They've just brought in James O'Connor from Australia. So trade LEVI are more away again to the Blues. Bring Harry Plumber down to christ Church. I feel like the Cans would love Harry Plumber.
Speaker 6: See what you've done there is you've done it. I mean, yeah, that's presuming that the Bowden Barrett trade doesn't go ahead, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, But it's a good point because if you've got plumb Dog, Stephen, Peterfetter and Bowden all on the same franchise, one of them will surely want to leave. Yes, I think I think that's that's a very doable trade, that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because but but they can't because the other thing you remember is they've got the National Bank horse Don Sullivan back at fullback. So even if you put one of them back there, now you're losing him. So there's a log jam.
Speaker 3: And he's massive.
Speaker 6: Remember that t ab event we went to and the National Bank horse, he's enormous. I could see you get in quite sim He got you sort of aroused in the same way that they have a teaser pony that comes in.
Speaker 3: You were the teaser pony from the Big Stallion. Yeah, you really you.
Speaker 4: Drank him in when he want I dig drink him and yeah, just stroking his hair like you know, it's quite creepy.
Speaker 6: Just and I introduced the National Bank horse to Mike Lane. He just didn't say anything. He just sort of just stood there like Brick from Ankerman. And I was like, you're allowed to the other to say say something, land was under landed landa Yeah. Lane just sort of was I don't know what to say. He's so impressive.
Speaker 1: It was him, was it Bryce Ham? Yes, yeah, and one another and they were all enormous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bryce, heanes are big. He's a big barard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's also out for the seasons. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 6: It's a bit of a bummer, isn't it. The installer Hem has gone, and so.
Speaker 1: That's why they need Levi L. Moore. Then Harry Plumber comes out.
Speaker 6: I think that trade makes the most sense because of Boden's coming back. He won't want to play fall Back again. He just doesn't. And so he is saying I'm a ten. And then that means straight shoot out with plumb Dog. Yeah, he's got to go somewhere.
Speaker 4: That'll stick plumb Dog at second five, They won't they That was stick him at twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there'll be a bit of that, but they might have to. I don't know. A did a j Lamb play midfield? Yeah?
Speaker 6: He looked fucking good, like when they had their title run. I've got to say a j Lamb is probably the biggest movement in terms of stocks going up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Was he called into the All Blacks camp or no?
Speaker 3: But he was.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Anyway he was. He was getting talked about a lot old j Limb.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you think that last one makes a little bit of sense, least more for Harry Plummer. Yes, Now for someones that make no fucking sense. Findlay Christie born in Scotland, Scottish read here, Send them to the Edinburgh of the South, send them to Otago, bring up to the Blues. Who says, no.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: But they're both good players?
Speaker 5: What's the makes no sense there? No?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to send end.
Speaker 3: Did there?
Speaker 6: And also with Mark Ellis as part of the ownership team, the bullying that he get as well as yeah, yeah he'll find out what it's all about.
Speaker 1: And one last one reunite Daniel and Antonine Leonart Brown trade Daniel Lennart Brown up to the Chiefs and then send Josh Lord down to the Landers. The Landers only have three locks on contract.
Speaker 6: No, get funked, there's no way we're letting go of Josh Lord. We've barely seen them play. He's supposed to be the next big thing. Now the sky Fabian Holland is kind of overtaken him. It might be the rocket up Josh Lord's us, but.
Speaker 1: You've also got to provid and there's one other whose name's escaping me. You've got like five locks, you got a Koyoky.
Speaker 6: But I don't think we've got have we got that many. We've we've clicked out of McConnell. Jimmy Tupo is one of our locks. Yes, yeah, yeah, So what I'm saying is like Josh Lord would probably come and straight away into that team. Nitol would be a bit gutted because if it's Lord and tu A, Nitol would have to reinvent himself as a locked blind side effects yeah, which is what he kind of wants to do. But you can see from his Bad Plenty season that he's definitely an eighty minute So he's pretty he's ready to go all day, and.
Speaker 1: He's a big fizz guy. He gets the idiots, the crew fizzed up. You've interviewed him a few times. It seems like a good good year.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean again, if you threw him into the Blues, then it would just be there'll be a battle for the microphone. You're just like if you brought a microphone out, you've flushed them out like that crunching cornflake said, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: Down to me too, Did I see a microphone?
Speaker 6: And then they all just like converge and it would be ridiculous. So you can't have too many jazz hands like performers.
Speaker 3: In one team.
Speaker 6: So I mean, I know that you haven't suggested trading nil arc voy, but but you.
Speaker 3: Couldn't know what was your what's your last trade?
Speaker 1: That was at the Josh Lord for Daniel Lennlebrow.
Speaker 3: Well, me and Gelane we're etoing that, don't.
Speaker 4: We absolutely don't touch the chiefs. We don't want anyone. Well, actually I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure about trades, but I always feel like repatriating chiefs who go away, especially when you know full well they are from Chiefs country. So can Royguard is from Cambridge, went to school in Cambridge. His granddad around the sports store in Cambridge that their biggest selling item was cow bells and freaking red, yellow and black beanies, like forget the sports gear. He was like Lutell. He dies and his grand son is playing for the freaking Hurricanes.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that hurts.
Speaker 6: And also Pasilio TOSSI went to Boys High and that is gutting. How can you not miss someone the size of Godzilla and think he might be quite good? You know, like at some point you have to go, we could, we could use that kid.
Speaker 1: Don't get too cute with it. Just he's huge, peck Peckham. I just don't find it.
Speaker 3: Find a way.
Speaker 6: William Warbrick was at Boys as well, so I guess sometimes when you see those players who are definitely from the Muna country, so come on home quarters for roy Guard, then we can't see.
Speaker 1: No one wants to get rid of their players. This is the problem, though New Zealand's not really Maybe you can go down there.
Speaker 3: He is just the beautiful human trip.
Speaker 1: Tea anyway, So those are the trades. Get on there and tell less said to go fuck themselves in the like everyone else says. And just quickly before we take one more break Jake Paul versus Mike Tyson is on this weekend. How do we feel about this as an event? Mconey, you hate it, you love it?
Speaker 3: I don't care about it.
Speaker 6: But all I think is that I presume Mike Tyson will just run at him like your fitsa, probably your senior back in the day, off the back fence for the Warriors, for the wars, just straight at him, and if he catches him, it's over. And if he doesn't, then I guess it's a long night for a fifty whatever eight year old bloke. But I figured that all he needs to do is connect with one punch in this guy's toast.
Speaker 1: R Tyson does. Ye, yes, absolutely, And that's why with our agender tab hunch this week, they've got a special market on for this fight. You can bet on this fight. By the way, it's on Netflix. The market has gone in sixty seconds. Either dude to get knocked out in sixty seconds. Mike Tyson was twenty six dollars last night. I work up this morning he's twenty three dollars to knock Jake Paul out in the first sixty seconds. We've put one hundred dollars bonus bit on that nice. That's how hush Mike Tyson knocks out the YouTube. I hope he does fucking YouTube. It needs to be one hundred all right, Time to take one more break when we come back. We've been talking about our headphones getting stolen the Big Show. We've accused the Big Show of doing it. They've fired back. We need to go over this and James, I think it's time for you to get out of here. You don't need to be part of this. We don't. We don't want this blood on your hands. Man, you don't need to be part of this.
Speaker 6: No, those three intense humans, they act all chilled out entertainers, but they're not deep down. This is This is going to end up at a car park somewhere and it's not going to be like a really sort of cool music video type.
Speaker 3: It's going to be ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we want to shelter you from this, shield you from this, James, and we'll let you go. Thank you very much, God coming in this morning. We were just about to get James mcconi out of here, but then we had late breaking news. We had to address that. We had to get him back and hear James Michael Lane. What have you heard?
Speaker 4: Tim Saudi has just announced that he will retire from Test cricket at the end the third Test against England and Hamilton. He's going to go out at his home ground from Test cricket. So wow, James mcaine, it's quite big news because I thought he's going to stick around, try and get four hundred wickets and then try and overtake Sir Richard.
Speaker 1: But he's called time.
Speaker 6: I mean, there must be some pressure on the Sexy Camel and so they've probably given him an option of doing it going out on his terms, probably their terms.
Speaker 3: But it's kind of it's tricky because when you.
Speaker 6: See how long James Anderson bowled for and you sort of think, oh, I keep myself in good neck, and he is. He's a wiry individual, salvy, and I sort of feel like he's not. He's never put on weight at all, and so you'd think like physically he'd be okay. But maybe it's just all those other guys just knocking on the door and now it's signed for the Sexy Camel to bow out.
Speaker 1: He's thirty five. Yeah, you said you thought he might try and track down four hundred. He's not far off. Is he Nah, he's not. Is he three to ninety something?
Speaker 4: He is this, he's got the second highest. He's just overtook for Tory. But I mean rich Hadley's what he's at four hud and thirty two I think unassailable for thirty one. Yeah, I think potentially he's looked at that and going ooh, it's another forty odd fifty odd Test wickets.
Speaker 1: Is it a case of I mean, it's always shocking when this happens, But I mean, here is thirty five you know, that's about how long a professional.
Speaker 3: Athlete career goes for.
Speaker 1: Is it a case of jumping before his push? Did he not want to get Wagnant or has he been wagnerd?
Speaker 4: He's been given a better option than where Yeah, Wag's got got he That was ugly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was messy and ugly. That that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The thing is he's going to be an all time great. He goes into the pantheon of greats. He will probably be debated about in the in the Greatest eleven you know, KII eleven of all time? Obviously, Paddles goes right in there with a bullet and maybe it's a battle between him and his good mate lovely Trenty. So he's I think the thing is he's been there since he's young age lane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so many nineteen year old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think Ricky Ponting took him up big time when he played one of his first tests and knows this kid Saudi is going to be good and we said, we don't need you to tell us, thanks Ricky, whatever will decide, and Ricky was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was very very good, very good. Would he be in the Rushmore of New Zealand bowlers? Do you think it'll be Paddles like you said it'll be. It'd probably be Vitty, it would be Bolton Saudi. Yeah, am I missing anyone with there's four faces on Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 5: I think I think that's about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that is it.
Speaker 6: Because he's got long jevity, greatness, Tim Soudi because you know, Shane Bond, if he had a full career, was probably going to break some serious records, but he never.
Speaker 3: Played long enough.
Speaker 6: And and I mean, yeah, i'd say Saudi's up there. I mean World Test champion, right, yeah, all those accolades go to him. So I think, yeah, he's on he's on the Mount Rushmore, isn't he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be sad. What do we do lane to market? In that final test in Hamilton? We need to get hold of a camel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do ga straight away.
Speaker 6: This is your marketing brain just kicking in the gear. This is what we need. If you don't get a camel, everyone will be disappointed. I think that you've failed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know there must be something other than has this Hamilton Zoo have a camel?
Speaker 6: Will you start with Hamilton Zoo? But there is a circus company that's based around in the White Coats or is.
Speaker 3: It the Weaver Brothers? Oh yeah, is that a that's a white.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen a lot of I mean, just thinking about it, I haven't seen any in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Not in New Zealand. No, actually actually done off. I've ever seen a camel in New Zealand.
Speaker 6: Damn in Australia be so easy Middle East just grabbing off the back of a trailer man, your bloody crash and take corner too quick.
Speaker 1: So camel farmers and Wakata Ridge out.
Speaker 6: Tim Saudi memory. I mean I'm just thinking Eden Park. When when England turned up and they just he just mowed through them.
Speaker 5: Oh that was a whispect. There was Wellington and that the World Cup when he got five wickets.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking that Test where England bear I just did on the school board. It was just Saudi and Bolt just coming at them. For me, it was it was well coming all over them. World Cup, tearing them a new one in Wellington and thirty thousand people chanting Saudi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and it was one of the greats and he was just absolutely ripping through them. He got five wickets I think before is like sixth over that. That's going to be an enduring memory for me. And just him hitting sixes. Yeah, he's got the coolest record. He's got heaps of Test wickets and I think he's number one.
Speaker 1: He's got the most.
Speaker 5: Test match sixes in the world or batsman, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think he.
Speaker 4: Overtook I think he overtook someone on that tour. So he hits sixes, gets wickets, why not?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 1: My favorite memory of Tim Salde he wants chipped Me and Jeremy Well's backyard. We were filming this thing a couple of years ago and I was just bowling and bowling and bowling because you know when you film me, you're going to take a million takes. We couldn't quite get it right. So I've been bowling non stop for a good couple of hours. Saudi shows up, sits down at a bean bag right next to her on bowling, and I'm puffing, and he goes, It's not that easy, is it. So next time you're sitting in there commentating and I's just remember, Tim.
Speaker 3: You've been worn.
Speaker 4: Sorry I did exaggerate. He's in the top He's in the top six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So only people above Tim Southey in the most sixes.
Speaker 4: And tests is Jaq Cullis, Chris Gail, Adam Girl, Chris, Brendan mcallum and Ben Stokes. And then there's Tim Southey. Below him is Brenda Say, wagg Roi Shahama, Brian Lara, Chris Kens, Yeah, Angelo Matthews, Viv Richards, Andrew.
Speaker 6: Flintoff, Sov, Richards war Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was before helmets were invented.
Speaker 6: V is the best of all of those batters that you just that you just read out. I think, I mean, I can't remember that at the top. Gil Chris would like to think he's the man, but Richards.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, Tim Sauvie, it's good that he chirped you.
Speaker 6: He fun fact about Tim Souvey is that he's from Northland, north from farm Boy and when they first divided up the Super Rugby boundaries, Northland were part of the Chiefs. It was a weird Northland and North Harbor were Chiefs manna and so he as an Awthland kid, he goes, okay, that's my team. I'm a Chiefs guy. They redropped the Brown Jues pretty early in his life and you know it became Blues. But he was like, no Chiefs for life, and so he is a massive chief still.
Speaker 3: I die fan.
Speaker 6: Lives in Cambridge now, of course. But yeah, so he just stayed, stayed the course. And there was only one Northland player in chief in the Chiefs team at that.
Speaker 3: Time, Glenn Taylor. I think, oh yeah, the logo.
Speaker 1: Lock yeah anyway powerful. Well, I'll be sorely missed. But that is a huge bomb. We had to address it here.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a big woj bomb from you, mate.
Speaker 1: It's a huge woje bomb. All right, we'll get you out of here, James, because his blood's about to be spelled here Okay, yesterday on the podcast where we talked about how our headphones are always missing. We'll get to the developments from this morning Lane that we're looking at here, but before we do. After we said that one of the biggest listeners to the podcast is Mike Minogue. He brought it up on their podcast yesterday. They played out the full clip of us saying that they always steal our headphones, and they sent through their response, which I have edited for time here and I would like to play because there's some inconsistencies in the response that they've sent back at us, so I would like to go through those with you right now. So this is what they had to say that is utter bullshit, bullshit.
Speaker 5: We don't do that.
Speaker 7: At any point, we could point out that we each have our own headphones which we keep in a secure location, and we never touch those acc ones other than to borrow them.
Speaker 1: We never touched them other than to borrow them. We never touched them other than to borrow them. Suspicious. That's point one in this SBU case that we're put into get against them. They went on to say this we.
Speaker 3: Very Quinet, they very Quinet.
Speaker 1: Let us use the studio very grateful for that. So they admit they.
Speaker 4: Use our studio and they're not grateful. What have you received from them to show gratefulness?
Speaker 1: Just this bollocking, that's all that. The tirade continues. Can I just.
Speaker 8: Say that probably what a year and a half ago, Jace, you might have been guilty of borrowing some of the headphones.
Speaker 1: So they openly admit they have been stealing our headphones up until a year and a half ago.
Speaker 4: And in this morning, yeah, can we get to this morning?
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, We'll get to this morning. So they sat up until a year and a half ago they were They openly admit they were stealing the headphones. They continue shocking, man, until we.
Speaker 8: Sat down with our head of radio, Hodak. We had a meeting and we said, can we just have our own headphones please?
Speaker 7: It's surprising and how many meetings you have to get at a radio station to get your own headphones.
Speaker 8: All right, we had all seven of them and one zoom meeting and we've got our own headphones.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: They put their own headphones now, so they admit they didn't have headphones up until the end. Now, I think this is as good at times inning to address what's happened just this morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we needed some headphones. They were missing.
Speaker 1: They were missing. Where the fuck were they went and had a look, didn't you? Where did you find the fucking hedache studio? Now what do they say on the side of them acc property? This is starting to get ridiculous. They carry it on. They then started questioning our character.
Speaker 8: That is just for them to throw shit out there like that. It just goes to show what a low grade, subpar product they are actually making.
Speaker 1: Those glasshouses. And finally, Jason Hoyt had this threat to issue.
Speaker 9: You know, you know what I want to say to those those guys, Say it to my face lamee, yeah, Mania, Stuart, say it to my face pal, Yeah, and then we'll see who comes out on top. All right, The Lames Sport Bloody podcast, crappy nonsense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you could have finished a bit strong.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I st r undo, Yeah, on expletives and stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm tired. It's been a long day play dating holes of gold.
Speaker 4: For God's sake, well, firstly to say it face to face and have to get on my knees.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you guys don't show up till like four in the afternoon and.
Speaker 5: You pre recording your out by half five, So when.
Speaker 1: Are we supposed to come in and say it to your face? So I think this afternoon, I am going to just shirt front Jase when he walks in and slam him up against the wall. Where are my fucking headphones? Jays? So yeah, we had we had to return fire. And I know, Manogil, listen to this.
Speaker 4: I think you should sweep the leg because he's got he's got toothpecks.
Speaker 5: For legs, and if you sweat the legs, you'd break both of them.
Speaker 1: Like we said at the start of the podcast yesterday, you're only going to start one scrap. You only have to do it once and then the president is set. So they're gonna try and get me on the show this afternoon fill a break because they can't feel whole radio show by themselves. It's fine. I guarantee you they'll try and ask me to come on. I'm not going to oh bit the pub, so I'll slag us off. We'll play that out on Monday Untoy weekend. Chune in to Lane and mccarony on the commentary on Sunday morning. Otherwise we'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's and Gender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for of you get your podcasts