Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Aaden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for the fourth of September.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you my next sport a Vulture.
Speaker 1: A lot of moving parts this morning, a lot of moving parts and there's been a lot of edmund to get this podcast off the ground. It involved the Metton Jerry Show. So to explain what's going on, let's play a bit of the Metton Jerry podcast for this morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, gooda mate, you're on air on the met and Jerry Daily Bespoke Podcast. We've got a Dame Lisa Carrington coming in. She's running a bit late and she needs to get a flavor first. And Stacey Morrison's got a heart out, So it's the right if we push the Gender podcast back to about ten fifteen. No heart on jokes please. Oh he's got a heart out as well. Oh you're filming? What time you filming in the studio. I'm filming in the studio.
Speaker 4: You're filming in the studio, not me, you are? What are we filming? Blake? If you need to go. Seriously, you can go.
Speaker 5: We'll come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you have you got to.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: You go because otherwise I've got a hard and we'll get Stacey Morrison. She's got a heart out.
Speaker 5: Yeah I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Can you put him on speaker please?
Speaker 3: Actually sorry, I'll put you on speaker.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? I've got you're on speaking.
Speaker 6: I can't hear whoever that is?
Speaker 3: How did you know that?
Speaker 5: Pim Andyah?
Speaker 3: And yeah, so what what what are what are our time?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: What pressure is on us around the Gender Podcast time wise?
Speaker 6: We are using the same studio to film other stuff, so.
Speaker 1: We need to start at about ten forty bloody?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, well it sounds like I've got I'm gonna actually probably go and do that.
Speaker 4: Now what are you Why don't you do that now?
Speaker 5: The Fantasy draft tonight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready and prepared for the.
Speaker 4: Look, why are you go and do it now?
Speaker 3: I guess we've got fifteen minutes with the UNI podcast along in fifteen minutes, mate.
Speaker 4: Not really know. If you don't want it to.
Speaker 5: Be, it shouldn't be, but unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Should we got hard on it. Now you go hard, take a while to fire at him up though, won't it?
Speaker 8: What a fleet for Haley doing with it's covering.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, you're wasting time. Just do it now, your muppets.
Speaker 3: Can we do a co just put can we just do it? Can we just do a cove and put this out on the on the gender feat.
Speaker 5: Than what we're about.
Speaker 4: Look if we can get in. Okay, Oh you're not here.
Speaker 3: No, he's he's over there over the way. All right, okay, we thanks, thanks for understanding. All right, Sam, you've got the clutch the NFL Fantasy Draft.
Speaker 4: Oh Jesus big filming.
Speaker 3: No, no that's not.
Speaker 4: What do you filming?
Speaker 3: That's not till five?
Speaker 4: What do you filming?
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about filming.
Speaker 4: Is Lauren involved again? I hope? So yeah, Okay, we'll be back with Dame Lisa Carrington in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is listening in amussle, and we're back.
Speaker 9: No we're not. No, we're not back. It's no, no, we're back. We're we're out again.
Speaker 4: We're not.
Speaker 3: There's no Lisa's no sign.
Speaker 4: We're not we're not we're not. She said, flavor, that's not here, that's not here. Flavor.
Speaker 3: Flavor is snuffling it.
Speaker 4: We're not back. She's snuffling her Hey, we're not back. I back. No, you're not. You're not meant to be back.
Speaker 3: So as the mikes. The mike's on. Yeah, we've just hit.
Speaker 10: Thirty minutes in this podcast.
Speaker 4: We're not back.
Speaker 3: This isn't aboard.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, we're not back. Why are we not doing.
Speaker 3: We've actually got We're not back at the moment. Can we bring us back?
Speaker 4: Now? We're bad.
Speaker 3: We're not actually bad. I've got something to say. We've finally got a market. A yest, Dame Lisa Carrington. This is a real feather in our cat and we've made a whole. This is just turning into an absolute chamaz.
Speaker 8: Can I just point out one thing for you, Jerry and Mash. The person that got the lead on this interview was not me. It was Matt Heath. Oh wow, you got the.
Speaker 4: Leader organized another shitter organizing this.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, I knew, and you had these other things to do. I knew that someone so classic of you looks one of us is fucked up. Who it is doesn't really matter. Let's just accept that one of us has booked five things at the same.
Speaker 4: Drigs for you used to do. You had the chamos with Norman Ohler in a zoom.
Speaker 3: Well, would it kill people to film me while I'm doing this podcast while I'm doing another podcast at the same time. Why do I have to be what do I have to be shunted from pillar to post all the time? Why can't we Why can't Lisa Carrington, the nice Stewart and whatever advertising I'm filming all happened like concurrently, Like you know when you when you get sentences, you serve sentences concurrently.
Speaker 9: The good thing is, through the magic of podcasts, we can take a break and we'll be back with Lisa Carrington in just a.
Speaker 3: Moment and a night.
Speaker 4: We're back. Boys, No, we don't have Lisa yet.
Speaker 3: So that's the people I listen to it don't know that every time we go away, we're away for ten fifteen minutes, and we come back and then nothing. Nothing's changed me anyway. The only thing that's changing is the amount of pressure that's building.
Speaker 9: The good thing is we've playing lots of heads, So since there there's all this pressure building, I feel like we should just dial in on the problem.
Speaker 3: The problem is when we're playing lots of eds area, we're advertising other podcasts generally in those heads we'd ways, so we're actually doing a lot of damage to the pot.
Speaker 4: Okay, so, Mesha, you've got some notes you have taken, have you written?
Speaker 10: Well, we've just been going for so long that I feel like we should probably run a bit of a refresher on the line of questioning.
Speaker 5: We're going to dame you vape?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so kicking things off with do you on a hone slash? Do you vapes less? Are you're still on the hons? Just let me know and here you go and your partials over today and then.
Speaker 9: We're not calling her dame by the way, that's not her name is not Dame Lisa.
Speaker 3: Have some like is it Dane Lisa? Like my my brother law Dane.
Speaker 4: Dame Lisa, Dame Lisa?
Speaker 3: Did you just single Dave Lisa in?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 10: Then the second question, Oh god, okay, we've got my nice Stewart that is Storming not the right human?
Speaker 3: Can we tell break and Storming in from the Agenda Podcast.
Speaker 9: Take a break and we'll be back with from the Agenda Podcast in just a moment.
Speaker 5: We took that break. Thank you very much for that. I needed the brother I wouldn't. I'm storming in.
Speaker 6: So apparently it's you that actually is filming this morning in the same studio we're using for the Agenda podcast. I don't know. I don't know what it is, but all I know is that the whole studio has been set up for some sort of video shoot.
Speaker 3: What could we shoot the Could we record the Agenda podcast in here? Because she's not making it in today for some reason.
Speaker 4: Here's here's my here's my calendar for.
Speaker 5: The day, its events.
Speaker 4: We're off to nothing.
Speaker 1: Jeremy has no event, so I thought that he had to be in the studio filming upthing, so we couldn't do the podcast then. But actually it turns out that it's Jerry.
Speaker 3: You can't y, you can't book the Agenda podcast studio, Well, we've got no podcast, has got.
Speaker 5: Look now, hang on, no event. So Jerry's saying no events. I'm hearing Jerry is supposed to be in there. I thought you were supposed to be the event. Where does Stacey Morrison come into this, because she's.
Speaker 6: Got a hard out shake he Stacey's got a hard out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's got a hard.
Speaker 3: I think what we do is you staying here for the Lisa Carrington interview and we donate that into the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 6: Okay, and then you go into the other studio and do Jerry's filming for them.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and me meet up and we'll do the starting the end of the Gender podcast.
Speaker 5: Okay, Matthae, if you could check an event in Jerry's calendar.
Speaker 9: I've got no events from there at the moment, So if we take a break and then when we come back, we will have arranged everything.
Speaker 3: This is a real look, pind the curtains of how complex it is to be a broadcaster in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: A lot of moving parts.
Speaker 4: It's god man, we've been pulled on.
Speaker 3: No one told me about Stacey Morrison's heart out. That's the problem.
Speaker 9: No, that's working around another brand that's even more difficult.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is you got the immovable object of Dame Lisa Carrington, the gut and the boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she seems to be she seems to be pretty fast in the K one five hundred, but not very fast at getting around the interview ship.
Speaker 5: We just not do that, Ben Lisa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jesus, but we'll be happy about it.
Speaker 3: If we've been Lisa after talking about her coming in for thirty minutes and what's it going to do to our listenership.
Speaker 4: It's not a great look for us or what not?
Speaker 6: A great lo Man, Lane, come in here and we'll talk to Lisa as well, and then we'll just call that the Engender podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I thought I was on the Judo podcast. It's Lane on it as well today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lane's on it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get Lane in here as well. But then that can you see we get dogs with one, but she's going to get confronted with six dudes for.
Speaker 4: An It's not the first time. Remember Julian Gender.
Speaker 3: We can we interviewed Julian Jender with so much KFC and so much alcohol in his system and six guys around the.
Speaker 9: Desk vegetarians as ye yeah, just shocking bo in the studio that afternoon.
Speaker 10: Oh man fronting the easy to confuse. That woman out there for Lisa, but that's not Lisa.
Speaker 5: Well, should we get that woman in here as well to interview Lisa.
Speaker 6: Then it would be good to have her thoughts. Actually, yeah, otherwise it's six dudes. You know, we need a fear and balance. Actually, good point, Okay, all right. Well, her, I'll go and round up everyone that I could find.
Speaker 3: The one that looks like should we NFL fantasy Draft at the same time.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a good point because we're gonna have to fit that in as well.
Speaker 3: If you get twelve people in Tom Harper, Tom Halfer's wife, Tom Happer's.
Speaker 1: Dad, well they're in Edinburgh, but then we also got Chris and Lizzer in Chicago, so if we could wire them all. Look, Jerry, I'd love to have no beds in my calendar. But there's a lot of moving parts going on.
Speaker 3: We've got Spooge in the fantasy draft tonight. He's been drinking all day. Ship, what's here while he's been drinking all day? And it's only.
Speaker 1: Do we need to tell Lisa's Dame Lisa Carrington that actually Spooge is wasted right now and he's on his way over, but he could be way late, so we need we need to wait for him. But Stacey Morrison does have a heart out.
Speaker 3: Spooge has got a hard end.
Speaker 4: Can we get mister Marcy to reason? Taro cards, I'm here for Dame Resa.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: And the long short of all of that is it's me and Lane doing the podcast this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good morning, Lane morning. I need to have a shower after that. Great, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back, all right, So we are again on YouTube, or they're not today because there's so much filming going on in the studio for a very top secret project that will let you know about in due course. But what I wanted to address right at the top of this podcast, which is ironically halfway through this podcast, is the young couple who have bought a house and found two hundred and thirty two thousand dollars hidden in the roof space.
Speaker 5: Would they gave it to the police? They did, very honest of them, very honest of them.
Speaker 1: Should they be allowed to get well, before we even get to should they be allowed to keep it?
Speaker 5: Would you have told the police about it? Do you know what part?
Speaker 6: I did have a good think about this when I read the story, and I was wondering, would they come back and get it?
Speaker 5: That would be my worry.
Speaker 6: Is someone and there's missing quarter of a million dollars cash?
Speaker 5: Yes, where is it?
Speaker 6: It's then that place we used to rent, But this young couple are in there now, Yes, well go get it.
Speaker 5: That would be my worry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they would come and you'd go, what money, And then they would play ot a.
Speaker 5: Shotgun and go the money that was in the roof, don't lie, I spend it on hockins. Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think people would come.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Apparently they did some sort of forensic analysis of it and figured out that it was put in there somewhere around twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, no, that's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So then on on they should be able to keep it because a good friend of the acc yes, he will remain nameless, he found over one hundred thousand dollars worth of gold in the walls of his house he was renovating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, new house he just bought, right, and he knocked the wall down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and holy shit, hundreds of thousands of dollars with gold, and he catched it in and helped him pay for his renot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No questions were asked there because it was gold. Is like not many drug dealers of working in gold. We don't know that that's good be yeah, and so that's why. So they told the police, hey, we've found this cash, and the police have then seized it so they are allowed to legally seize money that they believed to be from the proceeds of crime. It's quite clear that this is probably from the proceeds of crime, but the couple were.
Speaker 5: Saying, well, hang on, we don't know that. You don't know where this has come from.
Speaker 6: Is the hard evidence that it's because it could just be a chronic saver, that's right now.
Speaker 1: I think the most glearing evidence that it's proceeds of drug dealing is that it is predominantly in fifty dollar notes, because if you were to withdraw two hundred and thirty thousand dollars in cash, you're probably going to get it all in hundreds.
Speaker 5: You want it and rather fid don't you? Yeah, so it's And the other thing is that they were all rolled up.
Speaker 1: They weren't, but I think twenty thousand of it was in twenty dollar notes.
Speaker 5: The rest was all in fifties. Yeah, okay, that's that's probably.
Speaker 1: But then so the couple's defense, or their lawyer's defense, and I think it's is they didn't know that when they bought the house. This is it wasn't It's not the proceeds of crime to them. No, So For example, if you buy a car off a drug dealer, you didn't know they were a drug dealer, your car won't get repossessed. Yeah, because the cops found out that they are a drug dealer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, the lawyer argued, and this is the best defense I've heard. If the IID collects taxes from a drug dealer or a gang, do they then have to return that money if they found out that it came from drug dealers or gangs.
Speaker 5: No, they do not. So if that's the case, then these guys get to keep the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. They bought the house as were as. Yeah, that's right, and I think that. But what I would do now Their names haven't been released because obviously they don't want whoever's looking for this two hundred and thirty thousand.
Speaker 5: Dollars to find out it's them.
Speaker 1: Although if you are missing two hundred and thirty thousand dollars, like you now know, oh shit, they found it. It was still in the house from twenty eighteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's right. I mean, there's probably a meeting going on somewhere where I.
Speaker 5: Was like, oh, that's where it is.
Speaker 1: But what I would do if I was them, is I wouldn't buy dumb shit that the people who are looking for the money could come and grab. No, because my first instinct is a pristine seventy two kingswood.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, what you do? And look, two hundred and thirty two thousand was found? Yeah, really probably three hundred.
Speaker 5: But they've skimmed and I hope they have skimms seventy grand off that. It's like when they find nine bags of cocaine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what you want to do here? And this is my advice for anyone trying to wash any money. There's just been on boring stuff like groceries and petrol.
Speaker 5: Put it my mortgage.
Speaker 6: No, because you can't go to the bank and go here's one hundred grand cash, because that sets off the alarms.
Speaker 5: You've got it.
Speaker 6: You've got to drip feed into the economy. You've got to basically, what would you spend cash on? Are going out in the piss petrol groceries?
Speaker 1: Bro Imagine if you were just like ki we dude blows two hundred and thirty grand one night on the purse and everyone what is he rich?
Speaker 6: No, he was just trying to get rid of some thirty money. Like he's just brought a new house. Yeah, but he's not right rich rich And it turns out you found two hundred and thirty K.
Speaker 1: I don't think if I walked out of here and you gave me twenty four hours to spend two hundred and thirty k on the pass, I don't think I could do it.
Speaker 6: Ah, well, the casinos closed, Yeah, yeah, I mean casino is another place to wash it.
Speaker 5: But they're very, very aware.
Speaker 6: Yeah that so I think that's why you know, your supermarket's, your petrol stations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're just your general kind of expenses.
Speaker 6: But that's going to be hard, just drip feeding that into the into your kind of daily life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. There'll be ways to launder it. But I don't think that they should have to give that money back.
Speaker 5: Keep it.
Speaker 6: God it to make you nervous. They'd be looking over your shoulder. I don't know, that's the only problem. It's a bit yeah, every day for the rest of your life. The Greatest New Zealander.
Speaker 1: The first of the semifinals, right, the first of the semifinals was yesterday. And actually just saw one of these people out in the four Lisa Carrington versus Charles I saw Charles Upham just outside the thinking before I came in here. Cratony's yander No. So the first semifinals yesterday, Lisa is Upham and the stats are in on the Instagram post fifty seven, the judges scored the fight fifty seven.
Speaker 5: Forty three to Upham.
Speaker 1: Upham on the Instagram story somehow, the judges scored the fight fifty four to forty six Carrington who then in the Facebook comments, the judges scored the fight sixty four to thirty six.
Speaker 5: Up and for your winner by split decision.
Speaker 6: Charles up him Ah, the goat and the boat's gone down.
Speaker 1: This is probably why she wouldn't look me in the eye when she was walking through the office.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and while she's doing a PR, he's basically reacting to that result by doing a round of PR. Yeah, she's trying to whitewash, trying to whitewash the results by going around all the radio stations here. She's in every radio station and I was just looking through the It's unfair on Charles. He can't be in here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's he supposed to do.
Speaker 6: She's got all of her medals in a bag out.
Speaker 5: There, just a shopping bag.
Speaker 1: It looks like she's pulled a hundred undersized power out of the os and taking it in and given it to Jeremy Wells.
Speaker 5: And he was pouring through them. So yeah.
Speaker 1: So unfortunately that's the end for Lisa Carrington. And that's presumably why she's not on this podcast.
Speaker 6: No, and everyone else's Yeah, and she's on everyone else's.
Speaker 5: And then tomorrow today today rather sorry big one. Today it is Richie mccaugh versus Sir Edmund Hillary.
Speaker 6: I saw a great comment first up saying I'm going to have to go siahed I've never done a rail with Richie McCay's face on it. I've never rolled out Richie mccau's face and done a rail, So Saren gets my vote.
Speaker 5: I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: I do kind of feel like it should count against him that he's already on the five dollar note, because at the end of this we want a campaign for whoever's the winner.
Speaker 5: De ended up on the twenty dollars. Yeah, but no, I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: I just think Richie, we pride ourselves on a rugby you know, being a rugby country, and he's won two World Cups, like Sir Edmund Hillary, did climb that mountain.
Speaker 5: Any gyp boted up the Ganges?
Speaker 1: Ship gip boted up the Gandy's not Sarah Gandy's, the ge the mc Gandy's. Siah Gandy used to work in this building. And then Tom Harper walked into the studio. I know that's nude, and then we never saw her back in this building again. He ended her career with us.
Speaker 6: Well, little did I know that he was doing some pre work before he went into that studio. Yeah, he walked into a vacuum cleaner on his back, one of those backpack vacuum clean It's completely nude.
Speaker 5: And he had a let's just say he had a half mongrel. He was on the way up. What the fuck were we talking about going up the Ganges? Yeah, not the Gandys.
Speaker 1: And he also, you know, drove attracted to the North Poll. He did a whole lot of outlandish ship back in the day. But I don't think that we like it. Where's a country pride ourselves on rugby, you know what I mean? Like, no one's climbed Everest. Since you know who's the second most famous New Zealand mountaineer.
Speaker 5: My son mark Ingles, Peter Hillary Peter Hillary. He was a mountain climber.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mark Mark Ball, Nippo baby. He was allowed to climb up those hills when others weren't.
Speaker 5: You're like, I'm going I'm going, I'm going for I'm going for Hillary. Yeah, Okay. He's an a purist as well, one of the most famous bee keepers in the New Zealand.
Speaker 6: And the interest of this podcast, I'm going to go to Richie mccare because I think we've got a bitter chance, only marginally of getting him on than Edmund Hillary's.
Speaker 5: Only very marginally.
Speaker 1: Look, I put America's Cup in here, but I don't even really want to talk about it. Basically, there was a lightning strike that caused a hulk to the to the racing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Puss.
Speaker 5: It was Lunar ross a Prador Gucci Archi Pirelli that got but then they I think got struck. But I think he's then lost the race, didn't they, Yeah, because we were behind them when we finished.
Speaker 1: I think, oh so, I don't know anyway, it does the end of that that doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: This is more important. Bears McCallum.
Speaker 1: Bears Ball has been appointed as England's white ball coach as part of a dramatic restructure that puts some charge of all formats for England.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That I mean when he got appointed as Test captain, it was very my coach, sorry, very counter intuitive because it was like he bro's he's a white ball guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this makes total sense, it does.
Speaker 6: I guess the only thing that was holding up was his availability and his willingness to do it. Obviously I've convinced him, yes, with enough horse racing money to become very available, Yes, to keep the stables afloat in mata matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's gone, your fuck, I'll do it.
Speaker 6: And he's been contracted up until the twenty twenty seven World Cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this contract finished at the end of twenty twenty six, which I guess was probably a good length of time for a guy that really backs himself to be like I want to renegotiate a year out and having just you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: Won everything.
Speaker 1: I think this is. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. It does make me wonder how much money they threw at him. And also remember we took to Kyle Mills at the start of the year down there at Helenstein's and we were saying, why don't we have separate coaches for all the different formats. He said it wouldn't work for us because we play a T twenty, then a Test match, then an ODI yeah, next day, so there's an efficiency there and having the same coach for all three of them.
Speaker 5: That made me think England will never have.
Speaker 1: One coach for all three formats because that they're schedules so divided up. So I didn't see this coming.
Speaker 6: I think I never did, I to be honest, but I think they looked at it and go, who's the best coach? Yeah, it's Brendan mcullum. And I'd say the players would have had a big say in it. They've got why we got the best coach? Yeah, doing our tests and then we get oh, Dave Dibley here does the T.
Speaker 5: Twenty, So like you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And although there are a different player squad, the core group is the same, yeah, And any of these things, there's some ancillary players that come in, but the core group who decide the attitude of the team and everything is the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And it would be quite tough when you've got a test team who are visit at the bung hole. Got of this freedom, got a charismatic coach and then they go to see Dave Dibley in the t twenties and he's completely different.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So didn't Ben Stokes retire from Odio Eyes and then come back.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It was something around that. Yeah he did. He did come and go. Yeah, was out. Then he's back, and I mean he's all in now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But like you say, those guys Ducket and all those batsmen of the Crawley fruly cray Yep, they play like tw twenties anyway, I know, so they do.
Speaker 5: It's good good for bears.
Speaker 6: And you know, my deep down I'm hoping he makes enough money to come back to New Zealand races horses and coach New Zealand for a bit of fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know.
Speaker 6: I mean like we can't afford him. We can't afford him, We can't afford for Tory, we can't afford Fleming. But if he makes enough money to then come back and live the life back in New Zealand and we just get him on to do our home twenty twenties and so be it.
Speaker 1: I don't know how old is he though, is he would be early forties, just yeah, yeah, I reckon he could do this for another twenty years and make ungodly amounts of money, you know, because how long until these Gary Steads aged another fifteen twenty years?
Speaker 5: Yeah? True, I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like the last chance we had was when he was back here and he was doing the radio show and also buggering off to do the IPL.
Speaker 5: And then coming back going to make so much money. I'm just hoping that he goes. You know, I'd rather live in New Zealand, race my horses and labor of cricky.
Speaker 6: It's probably in our best interest that we really shit the bed over the next few years New Zealand cricket.
Speaker 5: So he comes and drags us off the carpet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give give him a challenge to turn the ship around.
Speaker 6: Like I was saying, like we said about giving Damis cankin Lotto one week, just says give best Lotto one week and say come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one buys a ticket best. He had done the meta matter lottos thought guaranteed jackpot.
Speaker 5: Guaranteed jackpot. I reckon you'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: There's yeah, but that's worrying signs for the black Caps because that only makes them better. We're gonna have be his coach in these bloody coach in the enemy. Let's take a quick break when we come back. Yours please, mm hmm, yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 5: Four callers to get through. We hit the lines now, yours please?
Speaker 7: Hey, Jed g Lane massive and not a view, but of the idea of North and South Island joining the BBL. I'm going to pick it back off that idea and say the North Island team it's called the Warriors. Coincide him with him? Why do you think the South Island team should be called Fox Outh Canterbury.
Speaker 5: Well, that's an aggressive name for a cricket team. I thought that. So we can't call them Fox South. No, you can't. So it's the Sydney the Brisbane Heat versus the Fox South Canterbury.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the North Isron team.
Speaker 5: You know what we need to sell out. We need to go the North Island Night Riders. We need some Indian money in there.
Speaker 6: Versus Royal challenges Bell Cluther, Yes, correct, the Kings eleven South Island.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, who's the one where Dre Russ gets flying? That's the night Riders.
Speaker 5: My Indians.
Speaker 1: Oh it's night Riders. The night Riders. He just gets flying around the world. Every time they start a new franchise, he gets to play for them. South Island Indians, the South Island Indians. That could cause problems, particularly in the South Island. I don't know how well they'd get in behind that team.
Speaker 6: Okay, King's living in South Island, or like you're saying, the Royal Challenges South Island, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the the cal Cotta Night Riders. Oh, you know, something like that, the Royal Challenges, Bell Clover.
Speaker 5: North Iron night Riders. That we're gonna go. That's the one. So yeah, that's an easy one.
Speaker 6: So I'm saying we need to franchise, get ipl to franchise.
Speaker 5: Get Dre Russ out here, the South Island Indians versus the North Island Knights, the South Island Indians. Shout out to them. Another caller of yours.
Speaker 7: That was firstly that Chicky Moto games Scott.
Speaker 11: His wife is actually Fridish.
Speaker 5: And she is more work.
Speaker 6: Next time, Heim and I Canabury needs to be the first game at the new phrase of park and temporary.
Speaker 7: Oh here from the news that the game is not going.
Speaker 5: To be here anymore.
Speaker 11: So disappointed about that.
Speaker 7: The old goal.
Speaker 6: I thought he was going to ask me a question off the back of the statement, more statements a statement.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to get the fox south, Henry. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We appreciated a large part of this podcast as having our facts checked.
Speaker 5: Yes, because we don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, there was an assumption there because because it was an American fly on the Wall doco, that she was American.
Speaker 5: But she's a British. But she has a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 1: Yes, so thank you very much for fact checking. Out's another caller here, yours please, just.
Speaker 11: Catching up on some pods and I heard you talking about Charlie Atham was lucky that he was born in the era he was born in. Got me thinking, is Dan hockeyer the twenty first century? Charlie apam? You can see that made bastard jumping into the bunker full of Germans and.
Speaker 5: Yeah that is true.
Speaker 6: Imagine someone just jumping into your into your little nest, your pillow, into your pill box and just a pair of knickers and some light painting on his knuckles.
Speaker 5: Did you go, what the fuck jumps that? He goes?
Speaker 1: Boys, I love this ship. And then just starts laughing. That would be hilarious.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's so right. That's a great point.
Speaker 1: I think if Charlie Uptam was alive now, he'd probably be fighting in the cage and its Undy.
Speaker 5: Some he would be, but he'd only fight Germans.
Speaker 1: He's just run through the actually doesn't fight in the UC, just whatever, the professional league in Germany.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just refuses to fight anyone else. Maybe maybe you'd Japanese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is brilliant. One of my favorite quotes from Dan Hooker about Dan Hooker is tough times don't last.
Speaker 5: Dan Hooker lasts. He's trying to go with Chuck Norris. Isn't he tough times don't last? Dan Hooker does? I love that. I think we've got one last caller here.
Speaker 12: You're, you know, fellas just a wee are idea. I think you all league should not exit the spring boss apology about what they've done pre match and see next time they come over, which seems to be one anyy blue moon nice Stewart takes over there him see if the night Dan eata park Gee Lane's doing whatever he.
Speaker 7: Wants and the teaser can have a.
Speaker 12: Crack on the scoreboard and every time they go for a penalty, we find in his hilimbotover.
Speaker 5: I think we should go better than that.
Speaker 6: I think we should somehow motorize the poles to move, like to swing, so when they go for a kick, we can like start to sway the poles and they start going left and right.
Speaker 1: Remember those little toys where it was like a man a figure of a man standing on a thing. When you push the button up, he just goes limp Yes, yeah, those yeah poles.
Speaker 6: Or they we turn him into wave him in like outside car yards, wacky waving waving when we're on this this stiff is aboard when we're kicking, and then they're all wavy wavers.
Speaker 5: That's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't have any sort of reaction to the hugger that we could interrupt.
Speaker 6: What I mean, what would really upset Safrikins is like like.
Speaker 5: Dis respecting the Brye.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just do we disrespect the bry somehow, Like you know, get a whole lot of broad bost and then put it on gas barbecue and just send it till it's black and then throw them on the field.
Speaker 1: Even just a bit of subpar built on Oh yeah, probably really upset them beforehand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, throw them like beef jerky. Yeah we should.
Speaker 1: We should say right out on the the b ground at Eden Park before the next test between South Africa and New Zealand, we're gonna host a big brye as like a We're gonna put this all to one side.
Speaker 5: Everyone comes together. It's like a tailgate. The South African community kiwis blah blah blah, and then we just give them the shettest meat out of meat. It's vegan.
Speaker 6: Ah, it's all vegan. We've got on this Brye festival. Yeah, okay, it's gonna be let it and this bly festival and we're gonna have builtong and it's all vegan, builtong, all vegan.
Speaker 5: Brye and just watch them fucking lose their minds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's brilliant. It's the ultimate disrespect the red wedding. I love it all right, thank you. It's high quality voicemails today. Oh that good, very good, excellent son coming, keep those up. We're gonnaknock this thing on the head for today with those at Wednesday. We'll be back tomorrow with the first edition of their Gender podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACCS and Gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio. Well, well, if you get your podcast