Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Auden Studio and brought to you was always by Export Ultra the Bear. Here this is the Agenda Podcast for Halloween.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport of Culture.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Juliane. Morning. How's the health this morning? Yeah, not too bad. Look, we went to a gig last night.
Speaker 3: Drank zeros because I did, Yeah, because I had my son there and I drove there and had drive back, had to be home for the babysitters.
Speaker 1: It was a very very boomer of me. Yeah, very bomish behavior. But he had a good time. It was Travis Scott. Yeah, and I can see why what the what the buzz is about? Yes, I can definitely see why.
Speaker 3: He sells out their news and people beat the ship out of each other in the moshpit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We defrauded the Great New Zealanders at Eden Park and came in under other people's names, and so we ended up in the corporate area and it was I. I was the same as you. I was like, I don't really listen to Travis Scott. I don't know any be soize I still don't. But we got there. I got there about an hour and a half early, and there were already fights going on in the crowd, like heckteck scraps. They were there was basically a mosh pit had formed already about two hours before the gig started. No music, no music. In fact, more than no music. They were broadcasting the sound of crickets chubing. Yeah, it was driving me fucking insane. But anyway, so then people were mushing already to nothing, silent marsh and then they would open up a circle like a Circle of Death and a death metal gig, yes, and then two dudes would just hop in and just start throwing bones. Before an hour before the gig started my message or a guy gets stretched out of the moshpet. I was like, fuck, this is gonna be good. But then then they.
Speaker 3: Have a fight and then security can't get in because it's a mosh pert. Yeah, so there's about two or three meters of just people, so the security can't get physically, cannot get there, and then the mosh just closes in on the fire and it disappears.
Speaker 1: So who was it? Nothing happens.
Speaker 3: It's kind of weird because Travis Scott is not hardcore rap. You know, it's not a fast paced kind of violent type music. Yet the violence there is quite full on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people died over in America last year. I'm not surprised. Yeah, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: And but in terms of a show and in terms of a showman and performance, I could see that what I could see the buzz see why it was, it was pretty impressive. To the stage was amazing if you were side on. If you were ind on, it would have suck. But if you were side on, the whole stage comes out into the middle of the mosh pit, it's all led screens, is a gorilla on stage, There's a massive screen, there's screens everywhere, there's final lying across the stadium. And every song sounded kind of sounds the same.
Speaker 1: If I'm honest, I think it's on burpose. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it always builds up to where wash put their hands in the air and jump up down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they did. They were gone nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my twelve year olds Cream in his little teens, he had the best time of his life. And he his phone ran out of battery after half now because he was basically filming the.
Speaker 1: Whole You got to get him to cut that out. Well he did.
Speaker 3: He ran out of battery, so he had to watch his favorite But when he told when he told everyone in the crowd to put their two fingers in the end.
Speaker 1: Would have loved that. I said, did you do any guess? Hell you yeah?
Speaker 3: And he also, I didn't realize the area that we were in with allocated seats, and I said it was free seating. So he just sat down and someone tried to kick him out of his seat and he went, nah, mean you sit anywhere? And he was his little mate, was just having his little mate and people got.
Speaker 1: A bit shitty.
Speaker 3: And this guy next to him, I said about the people around like you around sitting around you.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: He is because when I said, these people beat it, you can sit anywhere. He goes, I got you, bro I got you.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure the guy Nickson wanted to throw bones on anyone coming down sit in the seats, and so Ralph Fader's little guys, I got you, broke they come back. It's just just he was in mode. He was in Soco mode.
Speaker 5: Ma.
Speaker 1: But Eden Park ip Ipic venue for live music. I must have met that.
Speaker 4: I know can.
Speaker 1: Helen Clark just put some bloody boomer ear plugs and then I'm going over it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to throw it out there. Scrap cracket, scrap rugby.
Speaker 1: Just make it a live music venue, because I think that's what it's built for. Yeah, it is, it's good. I just have one end with the stage, yes, and then everyone packs it. It was fucking great. Yeah, and I mean they've got the facility, they've got the bar service.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: Never seen so many police in my life. Fair enough, I can say why, yes, but it's but it was good.
Speaker 3: If you went along and you were in the mosh bed, then get on you because that looked like my West Night here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, terrifying. And yeah. So for those of you listen at home, did you have Trevors Scott chet on your Bongo card for the Genda podcast this morning? I did put my airplugs in and that's quite funny. Well they had a big barrel of them, did they did? It was like, I'm only Brazil and taking notes. It was Halloween. We've got wacky hats on. It's very spooky here. Thanks for the wacky hat we did get them. I presume it was Jana that dropped them off around little's disks. She's the she's the office social vibe and forcer. It's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, vibe and forces are good, and force the means that she's it's forced upon us.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is more well, vibe facilitator. Vibe facilitator. Like we come in Christmas last year and there was just stuff all over there. I presumed that was just one of the people from our team that was punishing us. She was the easter bunny as well. This year Easter eggs gone around that tasted like candle wax. And that's because they were the Chinese ones. Yeah, and she, I presume has brought these wacky hits and then thankful for that. Are you going trickle treating tonight? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am got three kids. Uh, the twelve year old is on the vergin. I did say to him, look, you're on the verge of not going trigger treating because any teenagers come to my house, I tell him to fuck off. It's one got too U last year with just a road cone on his.
Speaker 1: Head, that was it. That's a bloody cub. And I said, I said, dude, fuck off, and he goes oh, And I said you've just got a road on your head. And he goes, oh well, I was like, fuck off. This is literally it actually is a curb your enthusiasm. If two teenage girls shop at Larry's house and they're not dressed up, yeah, they go a trick or train, it does them to get fucked and then they like TP's whole house. Yeah, yeah, that's the resk obviously, but it is actually it is quite nice. It's a good, good community kind of event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an area anyway, because you dress you don't only go to houses that have got shit on it, like cob as a rule. Yeah, as a rule, So you don't really go nowhere else. And so the people are into it are into it. People who aren't got locked their doors and put a sign up saying no one's home or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you've got little kids, they fucking feze on it.
Speaker 1: They get dressed up. It's quite cute. I used to I used to clean up because my nana used to work at a retirement home in Waymity. Yeah, and you know that they would never get kids, and you know they wanted something to do. So my nana would dress me up and just walk me up and down the halls of this retirement home. She bought the lollies with the bloody company credit card, gave them to the old people to then give to me. That's one of the biggest rules I ever heard. That is like, it was fucking great. It's genius.
Speaker 3: It's fucking genius, because then they feel like they've celebrated Halloween.
Speaker 1: You've got a fucking massive bucket of lollies. That's right, Yeah, it was. It was brilliant. I probably pushed it for a year or two too long when you were twenty one s up and down the hall. That's hard to get a bit creepy.
Speaker 3: It is one of the great traditions of Halloween for any parents who listen to this podcast, is the great lolly Sieve that goes on at about ten o'clock that night, so all the kids, all the kids eventually go to bed, and then you get all their buckets and you're steal them out of their room and you empty it out and you get rid of all the shit Chinese fucking lollies, and there you scrape off a few nice and like mini crunches for yourself. Basically, you divide it by a third really is you get rid of all the shit stuff that people give you kids, and then you drill it down and then you put it back where you found it. And little fuckers don't know the difference. The idea, no idea that you get yourself a kit cat chunky. Yeah, I got kit cat chunky, and I've scraped off at least, you know, four cups of sugar out of their bucket. Yeah, and then I'm the wiser. But that's a tradition as a parent to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I forgot last year that it was Halloween and it was my first year in our new house, and there's like glass in the door, there's glass panets you can see through it. But I forgot it was Halloween, and I look over at the door and there's just a scream mask, yeah, poking through the Yeah, there's a lot of that if you yeah.
Speaker 3: With Halloween, it's like five it's like guy fawks on Guy. I always thinking, if you're going to shoot someone, do it on Guy Fawks because no one's going to call the cops if you're a pedophile. Halloween is an absolute smorgas board. And that's why I recommend parents walk around with your kids even shadow of them from behind if they don't want to go with you, because these fuckers, that's pretty much taking candy from a baby.
Speaker 1: Literally literally, they are hiding and playing sight. There's probably people walking around dressed as a pedophile's like a pedophiles, actually a pedophile. I didn't have pedophile chat on my cat. You get I'm gonna move us along, okay. Net Carrios went on the Louis Thorau podcast yesterday. You probably saw the story by now, but we've got the audio. He reckons that we didn't build the pyramids. Here's what he said. You don't think the Pyramids were built by humans?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I don't impossible?
Speaker 2: Do you definitely?
Speaker 1: How so well? How as opposed to who? I mean? I just think they rolled huge blocks around on logs. That's insanity. The fact that how's that possible?
Speaker 5: They got every measurement correct and they're all aligned, and they did it with rolling large stones on logs is an insane statement. Why the door's so big? Like who needs to walk through the doors if they're that big? I don't know, I don't I don't know who it was. I just don't think that we were capable. It's twenty twenty four, and there's like, we can't even we can't even all get along, and you think that we built the pyramids.
Speaker 1: You're insane.
Speaker 3: So okay, is he suggesting because the doors are so big? Is he suggesting giants built it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or aliens or alien I'm gonna be honest. Our studio door is fucking preposterously tall. That is about almost a three meter high door that's built by giants who built the studio. I don't know who built this, no idea, because look how hw the ceiling is. No one needs this strong. Now you're going to tell me that it was just a local construction company in Auckland. That's insane. You're ins insanity. That's insanity.
Speaker 3: We can't even go have a beer, how can we? That's when we build this room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. We can't organize a person up, so how could we possibly.
Speaker 3: I'm going to listen to I've listened to a few of the Lewis throw podcasts. They're great because it's just like his TV shows where he asked straight questions with a straight voice and people just give a ludicrous answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It gives people enough rope to hang themselves with that yeah, and he like the fact.
Speaker 3: He goes, of course they built it, and he goes, but he must have been sitting there going, oh, this is gold.
Speaker 1: This guy's fucking crazy. He went on to ask him about the moon landing, and I was like, I'm not sure. I don't think they did land on the moon. COVID. Did he go down the COVID? They didn't go COVID, but he did go do you think the Earth is flat? Around? Again? I don't know. If I had to guess, I would say round do you do you think? Do you think?
Speaker 3: He just basically Louis throg was just on the fly as soon as he found out that he didn't think the pyramids are real?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm going every conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Landing, yeah, yeah, everything, flat Earth, the whole thing, to see how crazy he is.
Speaker 1: The moon landing one, if they didn't land on the moon, why would the Russians have been like, oh God, damn it, you guys beat us. You know, if the Russians had any inkling that the Americans didn't land on the moon.
Speaker 3: They were one hundred percent there would have been someone would have found the set, someone.
Speaker 1: Would have like, yeah, right, Why would they have just been like, God, damn it, they beat us. So if they had any inkling that it could have been fake, I don't know. That one's ridiculous. I also I hate when people say, first of all, just because Kurrios can't wrap his head around it doesn't mean Aliens built it. And second of all, I hate when they say that we don't know how they built it, or it couldn't have been built, or blah blah blah. You get any like construction company with a couple of cranes and a bulldozer, they could make the Pyramids tomorrow. I reckon you're neglecting the fact that they had tens of thousands of slaves. They would three D print the pyramids exactly. Also, Nick Carrios would have been to Dubai. He would have seen the bird khalipher we can build that, you know what I mean? The palm that's you.
Speaker 7: Know, the the Palm Jami that's reclaimed out of the sea, and each frong on the palm is an entire suburb with mansions on it, and the biggest affront to God because they've reclaimed land out of the sea, then put a pool back and to the reclaimed land.
Speaker 1: Then float on top of it, because I don't want to get wet as the biggest middle finger to God. Anyway, we can make all of that shit. You don't believe the pyramids? What about the doorsman? I why are the doors?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Why are the doors? Why are the doors so big? Explain that? He's got me. I can't. Yeah, I can't. Okay, I'm looking at the door to our studio now, can't explain it.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to imagine the kind of creature. I'm glad Nick Carrios is about because we need people like that. So that's great conscience.
Speaker 1: God blessed it. Curious. I just see Joe Marler wants to bin the Hucker. Oh yeah, classic as always.
Speaker 3: It's this is like you can time this every year of an Englishman, whether it's him or that other guy Jones, Stephen Jones, the reporter coming out Saint Ben the Hucket.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it goes around in circles. So that his tweet said the hocker needs binning.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous, and I enjoyed Buck Shelford's so Buck Shelford's response to him, Yeah, your haircut's ridiculous for a grand man.
Speaker 1: Joe Marlott not as big as I thought he would have been when I saw him live and in the flesh down there in Darnedo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually, because I think his head looks big and his haircut looks crazy. But he's not overly as giant. He's not bebop and rock steady as I thought he was. No, we had on another flight we were on. We had nipo la lala.
Speaker 1: Couldn't my god, couldn't, could not walk, could barely fit down the aisle sideways. What was worse when he was frontways. He kind of needs to just puts his arms up in the air. Yeah, whereas Joe Malo, Yeah, off a Fussyson, Oh my god, he's on the Game of two Hubs tonight. He is a monster too. And he's like, you forget because you look at a prop on the rugby field and you're like, oh, yeah, it's short, fat dude. No no, no, he's like six four.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: These guys are enormous. But anyway, he came out today and said, oh, it was just a little bitter fun. I think he I think it's like when we post that Coli meme, Yes, but we know we're going to get a reaction out of this that it's just fun.
Speaker 3: So true, Like we laugh at on the Indian fans who get triggered, but that trigger's key with nothing else is when you have a go at the harker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I saw some good, you know, retorts from English fans. They were like, you guys should just do it when you're at home. There should be a home game thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with that, but also yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Then then you go to places like Ireland and Canada and Japan, they fucking love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure. And but the other thing is, like we've always said, if you don't like it, or you don't know how to react or respond to it, come up with your own thing. Sing Waltzing Matilda, sing through the whole thing, play fucking who was that that South African DJ that played yes or something like that.
Speaker 3: Well there's that famous time that the Australian team lined up and David Campeazy was just back in the twenty two doing up and unders to himself. Yeah yeah that was I love that. Yeah, but he also got his head taken off their game. Yeah, look, but that's all part of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then it was the time the Australian team just carried their warm up on and they got beaten forty five mil or something. Yeah, Wellington, didn't they make the all bo to the hockey and the shid that was in Wales, so Wales, which is fair enough.
Speaker 3: Wales said you can do your hacker before them for the anthems, yeah, and then went give fucked, we're doing the ship and they did.
Speaker 1: And then thump them. Yeah. Yeah. But I like all of the stuff, like I like that people. I liked when they played music over the top of it. I like when they did the fly over at the top of it they were all singing. It all adds to it, totally does.
Speaker 3: And if it fires up the All Blacks even more than you, let's get make it interesting.
Speaker 1: And if it fires your team up. And I've said one of my half packed sports ideas was because that wears off after the first like five ten minutes, the adrenaline rush of the hucker. So my half pack sports idea was halftime hucker to get the because you need it more in the second half really, and it would terrify the other team because if they were waiting for the hucker and it didn't happen, the fuck that need it. Then then they're in the changing rooms a half time, they're like getting geed up. They come running out and as they're coming out the tune of ship, here's the.
Speaker 3: All blacks that's on the hacker now or they do the hacker ye down the tunnel as the other team are coming out exactly either side of the tunnel.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 3: But I'm also concerned for people's people's voices as well, because I remember Cody Taylor led the Hacker and he nearly blew a voice bot at the start, and he's, you know, he's crucial for the line out calls and everything else. So I'm bit worried for him when he goes but to it looks like he's going to blow a fufu at one of his.
Speaker 1: Speaking of heckers, it was funny watching the key was one last week they had Phoenix Crossland who moved to Australia at ten and for all no, I didn't know it was a key with parked right at the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, we all know that the skinny white dudes are always at the back. Yeah, that's a rule. I mean, Finley Christie is a prime example. You won't see him at the front of.
Speaker 1: The arrow, they'll sneak they'll sneak him back there. Yeah, a few props always stuck at the back there as well.
Speaker 3: I remember people, you know, like Craig Dowd would always be sniffing around the back there, dude. So yeah, well that's that's the eryon. That's an unwritten rule, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, at least I mean Ali Williams is always always at the front. Oh yeah, no, there's a few dudes. And he's a big man and he enjoyed throwing a huge puukana out. Yeah. Well that's right, that's a vibe thing. Yeah. Do you say Ben Stug's got robbed? Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 3: That's MULDI terrifying because you spend a lot as a cricketer. You spend probably and there's no exaggeration, eighty percent of the year.
Speaker 1: Away from home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, away from your family, your wife, your kids or whatever. This is worst case scenario. He's in Pakistan, yeah, and his wife, his house gets robbed with his kids and his wife in it.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying.
Speaker 3: Robbers come in, mass robbers come and sneak around the house, pinchrol is shit and leave. Yeah, and he's got a whole lot of kind of shit stolen that weird ship to steal as Obe midle ob Middle England cricket ring.
Speaker 1: They got rings. I didn't know that, and a necklace with a lion including the words some may be better, but none will be braver, which is a line Jack Leech said to the English team in twenty twenty two that became something of a team mentra. We heard that mentra before, No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: But Jack Leach I was always wondered why he was in the team because he's an old looking looking rooster, very injury pro and terrible batsman. I'd almost throw him into that. He's not a spinner category as well. Yeah, but it looks like he's the vibe guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If he's giving a speech like that in the changing room as someone like him, then obviously he was in there for his vibe. Gotta be honest. I don't know if i'd be taking that from Jack Lee. It's all right, Matete. So this guy if you haven't seen him, God, how would you describe his bald glasses?
Speaker 3: Yes, and he injured himself I remember quite hilariously in the Test match and Lords when he jumped over the boundary rope and injured his shoulder in the most ungainly fashioned Not an athlete, No, it's not an athlete, but he's he's a character though. And he was famously part of that partnership with Ben Stokes to win one of the Ashes Tests where he's just like a barnacle at one end and couldn't get out. But and Ben Stokes, he's in He's in New Zealand right now.
Speaker 1: Was he visiting. He's staying with his mum. He could Debbie down in christ Church Love. You could probably do his house over again again because I think his family are here as well, getting ready for the for the three Test matches starting in about four weeks time. Is the whole team here or no? Just being Stokes. He just sees this over here. Classic extended work trip if you've got family in the town. Yeah, absolutely done. And just finally, did you see that? Actually I know you saw it because I saw it at the same time you did. The Yankees fan who ripped the ball out of Mookie Bitts's hand and so he's going up for the catch, Yes, into the stands, you know where they hit the boards the iconic catch, and as he's catching it, a guy tries to rip the ball out of his hand.
Speaker 3: Well he not tried, he did, but he jumped up. I saw the slow motion replay. Have you seen the angle where he jumps up and it looks like another fan grabs his arm, yes, and suspends him off the ground.
Speaker 1: Yes. Well, the other dude, like a filthy little thief, digs into his mat and just rips the ball out.
Speaker 3: And I was saying to Joe Jerik, I mean, I don't know a lot of the rules about base Is that is that? Is that a foul ball? Is it out? Is it replaying? They said NAT's foul ball?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: It's just a foul ball. Nothing happened. And then the guy got ejected. But it's like, here's been a band now, but he prevented it out.
Speaker 3: Oh surely you go back and go he caught it and it's out.
Speaker 1: Also, what the fuck is that fan doing? You're there to watch the game. That's why the Yankees suck. Yeah, Well, this is the ridiculous thing about baseball that remember that guy caught one. Was it's like one hundred and fifty or something, some sort of memorial ball and he caught it, and the club offered to buy it back for like three hundred grand and he said no.
Speaker 3: No, well he's recently sold it for a few mil. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that Joe Jury might have got that right or wrong. Maybe they did call it out or they caught it as a dead ball.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but as an outrageous thing to do, it's kind of like I'm trying to think of the equivalent in cricket, would be if a fan ran on and stopped a six, like caught it one hand and threw it back and then jumping in the crowd.
Speaker 1: That's what is that is that? Did it go for six? Is it a dead ball? I think it's a dead ball, wouldn't it be?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Well in cricket, I think they just called it dead ball. But then a bat to me like it was a fucking it was going to be a six. Yeah, and then if you have the bowler, you will he's out because he got caught. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Or is it a fan interfering with a bat, a player just about to catch a sex and the player the crowd comes and pushes him over and the Batsman goes, wow, he dropped it.
Speaker 1: That'll be it. Yeah, yeah, if there was a yeah, I mean yeah, I mean I get it, they'd get fucking charge of the salt. Yeah. It was just the grossest just to watch the ship edding grin on this dude's face. He looks like the kind of guy you'd expect that you're right there, ship eating grin. Yeah, when you've seen the footage of and getting you escorted out. Na, Yeah, he's smiling. I think he's a fucking hero.
Speaker 3: And this couple of guys petty him on the bat, going good on you, and then there's a couple of Yankees fans fucking spraying him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as ship. It was embarrassing. Yeah, it's discussing behavior. Anyway. Let us take a quick break and when we come back, let's get die Heinwood on the line to talk about the rugby league, because there's a bit going on. Key's played last weekend. They played again this weekend against Tonga, and the rumor mill is starting to whirl up. And by the rumor mill, I mean just us and kid mate sending wild speculation back and forth to the Patsman so let's get die on and talk a bit of league after this break. Ostensibly we got you in the talk a bit of rugby league because there is actually quite a bit going on in the rugby league world. I think we start with the Kiwis game on the weekend. What did you make of it? Why do we lose?
Speaker 6: I was I was overly excited for this game, because you know, my usual diet of rugby league is very deep, and I've been trawling the bottle of the bottom of the battle. I'm talking, I'm I'm trying to get links of some dubious Reddit threads for like under twenties Lebanese rugby league.
Speaker 4: I've been missing the.
Speaker 6: Game and then the Kiwis game, so I had a lot of excitement building up up to this. I was always a bit nervous. Both sides were missing quite a lot of teams and I quite a lot of players, and I thought we acquitted ourselves pretty well. Keanu Kinney at the back look pretty electric on attack, but he struggled a bit in defense, and I wonder whether the first two tries that were let in by Ossie would have been defended by seeing Kay who. I thought John's did a pretty good job in the half. Crazy seeing pitt A hiccou there. Yeah, back from the Super League game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the first time we've had someone back from Super League in like years. I've got to take on Keanu Kinney. Keanu Keanu Kenny. He is the Michael Jordan ob tained Turpikis, So that is a good tape.
Speaker 6: He's very similar to Taine and I wonder if he's one of those dudes who in a couple more years, when he puts on a bit of muscle, he becomes.
Speaker 4: A real weapon.
Speaker 6: But that the left edge was pretty slack on defense. Australia just showed how strong they really are. Like we I was looking, we missed thirty seven tackles in that game, which is just a bit unacceptable.
Speaker 4: And there was there was that minute.
Speaker 6: There was that time what was it just before just after halftime where we had like eight sets on their line, Yeah, and couldn't break through. I personally thought Cam Murray should have had a sin bin there for just a professional foul, but because we didn't score then it just felt like it took the air out of the time.
Speaker 1: And I felt like they came marching down and they may have even scored off the next set.
Speaker 4: Yeah they did.
Speaker 6: It was one of those real punishes where we put so much pressure on get nothing and then they sort of just woltz up and I mean their big guys all stepped up, like Angus Crichton, Cam Murray, lind Collins, Lindsay Collins, Frankenstein. Frankenstein's Monster was pretty amazing there. But looking towards this tongue a game and comparing that about how Tona went against Australia, Tonga have got one hell of a ford pack, but they missed out in the backs and it was a bit similar to US where Australia I mean they had a bit more ease running and tries against.
Speaker 4: To But yeah, I think this is going to be one hell of a game.
Speaker 6: And when I watched the hits, like the hits in that Ossie New Zealand game were huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a bit of a state of feeling to it when you know, particularly off the kickoff, everyone was freezing their asses off down there and cross Church I think it fucking snowed at the captain's run.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 6: Ah, I mean good on christ Church, but you know, watching them have to walk half a street down a Perspex tunnel from the Quest Hotel.
Speaker 4: Or wherever it is. It's insane little setup.
Speaker 7: Yah.
Speaker 4: Jumping back to pregame. So I was watching this with a Mad Monday Talisman Charlie Henwood.
Speaker 6: And he made a good comment the League hacker seems way more casual than the.
Speaker 4: All Blacks hacker. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I look.
Speaker 3: I gathered my children around for the for the pre match because I in my head, I enjoy a League harker because they tend to break the rules.
Speaker 1: In terms of the twenty meters.
Speaker 3: Apart because it's way looser. Yeah, And I was like, it's going to tee off, It's going to tee off. And then it didn't, and I was like, you're saying it was a casual twenty meters. And then they started the game and I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting a Hamilton FMG stadiums to face kind of kind of getting in front of, like getting a bit physical And.
Speaker 6: Well, did you did you guys watch by any chance to some more harker against England?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was they were forehead to forehead. Yes, that's what I watched, Like that's what you're watching.
Speaker 1: Shit, yeah, and it only happens in league. Yeah, because a union they're all a bit mean and they put the they put the camera guy in the middle of the field. You can't walk right up to the other team. But yeah, you're right, we've got to bring that back. We've got to bring that back to league a.
Speaker 4: Bit more intensity.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 6: The biggest excitement out of that from a Warrior fan, how good James Fisher Harris deep flowing money.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Like, how much money is that? Guys?
Speaker 1: It's out rogers. I remember last year when when the Kiwis were playing and he was leading the hucker and the one you come up to me and you're like, who the hell's that guy? And I was like, that's how fucking he's coming. He's coming to play for us.
Speaker 3: So that that's so exciting, ye, s adm Vanua who gives a ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Well, this is what again we see.
Speaker 4: We see the matchup.
Speaker 6: It's the number eights against each other, Adam Fanua Blake versus James Fisher Harris in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we just had Mitch Barnett going up against them as well. He was trying to put shots on that collision with but at one point there.
Speaker 4: Look I mean like he's Mitch, but he's just bitch here it. He's got nothing.
Speaker 6: Jamaine Jermaine, I'm very and that's a good matchup Jermaine Suckle and Daniel Tuple. I believe he's again he's in the number two, although he'll be marking the only kur.
Speaker 4: And where I think we've got it over.
Speaker 6: Tongue is in the halves like you've got Sean Johnson against as the say and then the old ex warrior Laura here ye back from the super leg.
Speaker 4: He is the tongue and keg.
Speaker 1: Whether they dridge him up from I.
Speaker 6: Reckon, he's a real barrel on legs. He's one of that you see those dudes who go to England. Connie Horal got a bit of it where you can see they really they're really leaning into.
Speaker 4: The pub culture.
Speaker 1: Yorkshire puddings.
Speaker 6: I remember when I was over there, you know, you know I put on ten kegs, I reckon in a couple of weeks, three weeks the.
Speaker 1: Heath throw injection.
Speaker 6: You get hard, you just and I look like one of those little one are those Yorkshire puddings just full of nothing but look quite plump?
Speaker 1: I saw the Monday group chats firing up. There's some there's some rumors flying around. What are you hearing?
Speaker 6: So look when I say rumors, it's a notorious pantsman who's moved from pesting NRL stars. Now I see he's with vaguely massively high calorie individuals who are TikTok influences that bosh.
Speaker 1: Go oh, yeah, he's with him.
Speaker 4: He is the pantsman.
Speaker 6: So so let's let's take this with a grain of salt. But I think he has been sniffing out around Penrose and he said Tanner Boyd was spotted out at Warriors h Q. Who you know, if we if we're looking for a you know, a highly average signing and he's the man. You know, it doesn't bring that much excitement to me because we let people go like Josh Karen and yeah, I mean, Tanner boy is a good player.
Speaker 4: He comes from the Gold Coast Titans.
Speaker 6: But I don't know how excited I am about that. In fact, James Fisher Harris is probably the big buzz because we've signed Aaron Clark.
Speaker 4: Who he is he's actually I think what is he on the bench? Yeah, he's in a reserve.
Speaker 6: Sorry for this game of Jordan Ricky, Casey McLain and Trent Tooloo. And yeah, I mean there's I'm excited about next season, but I'm be interested to see how the WIS team run out.
Speaker 1: I mean, you saw Ben Hunt's been let off his contract. This is a thirty five year old half slash hooker and state of origin, but he is still a game breaker and game winner. And we had someone call into the podcast last week and so that they saw him at a cafe and Ash Berson, how do you read into that? Die, do you think the tea leaves could be falling that we might be would we sign Ben Hunt? Would that move the needle for you?
Speaker 6: So last year I got pretty excited about the idea of maybe being Hunt with you know, well, who would you with Luke metcalf. I suppose that would be an amazing combo. Yes, But the flip side to that is he's thirty five years old, you know, so one you play Shawn Johnson another year, you've got to look towards the future.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we're figuring out that Harms combination. It's going to be a bit of a weak spot. I think for a while, Luke Metcalf is going to have to be the dominant half. Also, you know Ashburton, it's not exactly Warriors HQ. No, you know, you should vaguely be in the same island.
Speaker 4: It becomes a rumor.
Speaker 1: What's he doing in Ashburton? Of all places in New Zealand, what's anyone doing in Ashburton.
Speaker 3: She's definitely a bakery. Oh okay, that's all there is is Ashburton, isn't he baby?
Speaker 6: He's moving into that sort of farm life. I did a gig and Ashburton and a guy came up to me afterwards. This is one of the scariest experiences I've had. And he gave me a hand.
Speaker 4: He goes, I don't really communicate very well, but I want to give you. He's a letter just expressing how much I enjoyed your comedy.
Speaker 1: What gives it to me?
Speaker 4: He's a massive du I open it up.
Speaker 6: It's a letter like handprinted and then some black and white printed out photos of him topless cutting trees.
Speaker 4: And he was a big unit. He was a big unit.
Speaker 3: That is it's interesting, that's the kind of lumberjack fantasy.
Speaker 6: And he was wonning a South Island like dangerously white guys who very similar actually to.
Speaker 4: Todd Smith, who's refereeing this game.
Speaker 6: Tod Smith, the whitest ginger aka the ozone Layer ok SPF two thousand, just one of those like you know, translucent white human beings who I think has treated the Warriors pretty well. I think he's a pretty good official. But yeah, Ben Hunt, I don't know. I don't see it happening. I think if anything, he's going to be headed to the Dolphins would be my guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or he wreaks of a Gold Coast Titan signing.
Speaker 6: I reckon the Wars have just got a double down. You know, I put both nostrils on the rails and spend money on Josh Adakara and Ezra Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. I agree with you. Come over to the the Auckland, the Penrose Rehab facility.
Speaker 6: Exactly, and then we get on the coaching staff, get Josh Dougan, get Blake Ferguson, the old.
Speaker 1: Oh Harder, Jared Haynes catching the jan rugby league team.
Speaker 6: My favorite Todd Carney story is when he he got breath tested and while they were checking the breath tests, he shot off in his car and then he just went down the road, jumped out of his car and head in the bush in the middle of a roundabout. The cops came and stopped behind them and got out and we're looking for him. And before they started the sage, they just saw this bush shaking and giggling.
Speaker 4: Bloody Tom Caddy. A lot of time for Tom Caddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's done a bubblea. He's just got brilliant Thanks diy enjoy watching the league this weekend and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: Always a pleasure to take you GTE.
Speaker 1: I was goad to have Die Henwood on the show. And now it's time for yours please, yours please, brought to you by Leader Home to just a couple to get through today we go to the phones. Now yours please come here and say well done for you too.
Speaker 2: Another podcast.
Speaker 3: Love you, Love you too, man, Love you too. What that is potentially the nicest voicemail we've ever had. I was waiting for the fuck you at the end, so I was I yeah, but thank you. I appreciate that and that makes me feel good. Yeah, so thank you.
Speaker 1: Last night at Trevior, scott two different groups of dudes screamed fuck South Canterbury at me. Excellent, My this is getting real sick of that. Yeah, it seems to be when your message is with you that you're getting used. So she goes, she goes, this always happened. She's like, what is happening? Why is everyone? How do they even know you're from South Canterbury? Every time it happens, she goes, do you know those guys? Know those guys? Cut? Oh, speaking of South Canbury. And I need to speak this into existence because we posted something earlier on this week on Facebook. Okay, Elliott commented on it is it get me on fellas, So to get them on, I think we'll get them up on Monday. Yeah, perfect, All right, back to the phones now call it yours please, just on the.
Speaker 8: Chat around sat in his new nickname, you could make it even more convoluted and then you call them center Class, which is the Dutch father Christmas that arrives on the fifth of December, not the twenty fifth of December. Just extra convoluted and complicated. He also has his helpers called Zata Pete, which translates to black Pete. So yeah, have a look on that on the old Google. Love you work, Love you babes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a little bit problematic old center clause because the black Pete situation.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they celebrate that, particularly in Amsterdam on the boats. Yes on the fifth of December and Center Clause goes around and there'd be a whole boat of dudes in blackface. Yeah, East's black Pete.
Speaker 1: And I also the problem would be if people started showing up to cricket games in blackface, and then everyone and then Smithy's going, what's this all about? And then we have to be like, yeah, it's center clause.
Speaker 3: It's And the black peat part of it is because they have to go on the chimneys and they come out and they covet and sot.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the that is the meaning of it.
Speaker 3: But she's been been basically interpreted as something else in these more recent times. But Center Clause, Yep, you're right, that is a little bit more convoluted. We could go Sanders will help he now Santa Claus and now into Centa Claus with his class, with a center class with his helpers.
Speaker 1: Black bet I don't yeah, I don't know if we want to go down that route. No, although I can already see it now, I can send to the future. We will spend an entire session of the English Test talking about it. There's five days of content. I can I can see it now. I'd love to get the hearts taken it well. One last one, last calling here. You're suppose good for Loosfels talking about ads and advertisements this morning.
Speaker 7: On the Jury and friends.
Speaker 1: And anybody who wants to do anything list.
Speaker 5: But there was a lot of sick to me chat best man, best man, Yeah, what's that?
Speaker 3: I've got good news for you or good or bad news. When you're listening to a podcast or when you're listening to digital radio audio, those ads are targeted at you specifically, potentially at your age range, potentially your search history.
Speaker 1: But just look at your search rather. He needs a movie is we can't have him reproducing. Have you seen that this guy's gurgling. He is releasing civilizations into toilets and sheets too much. We've got to We've got to cut this off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately, you're probably in the demograph of the vast Man. Yeah, but i'd rec I recommend doctor Gerald Young from City met Actually, if you're going to get a resect me very gentle hands, very gentle, small little hands Gerald.
Speaker 1: Young war hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's city met and you can just do it at lunch arch break because it's in the in the city.
Speaker 1: If you're in Auckland, you can do it well. Commentating a cricket again, Yes, yeah, indeed he did that for me as well. Didn't he basically start commentating the cricket And he did. He started commentating, but he also started cracking jokes as well. In the middle of my overstick to me, he said, because I didn't have any anesthetic, because he did say that if I give.
Speaker 3: You too much, you're not going to remember what you're saying. So do you want Then I saw, shit, No, I'm going to say something terrible.
Speaker 1: So I declined and posed to even more terrible because I'd had to say something shocking while I'm getting my nuts operated on a broadcast. He basically got rid of the left vest difference and quarterized it and he goes, it's the left stump removed, and he goes, I'll just bypass the middle stuff like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, leave the jokes with me. God, listen, all right, let's knock this thing on the head for today. That is a Thursday edition of the Agenda podcast. We'll be back with James mccaroney tar for a Friday edition of the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio of you get your podcasts