Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus Lush Nights podcast from News Talks.
Speaker 2: I'd be welcome a Marcus here till twelve o'clock. App you're good, Hope you're better by twelve, Hope you're fantastic by twelve. Just quickly on the news, I was quite heartened to hear that central government and Ate of them had stepped and enforced intensification around the rail stations on the Auckland Loop. That's great. What you want when you got trains is you want people to live nearby them, because that's game on. It's going to make a very exciting and vital city with toll buildings with people going on train, so that's exciting. So some of the growth will be upward rather than outward. That's what Aucla needs to do. So intensification, that's fantastic. It's going to be very exciting. I hope it happens next year. I'm very excited about that rail loop. I don't even know when it's spied. I think it's sometime next year, but no doubt. I mean, you see some of the online footage, some of the Facebook posts of the stations. They look fantastic, but you know, and all the barriers and stuff is in, but I guess it's going to be months and months of testing before we really do get the trains going around and around. But I can't wait. So anyway, that is that my plan till midnight is loose. It's got to be loose. It's that business. You've got to be loose. Tim's along at twelve. I'll be there until the end. The number is eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine nine to text. A couple of things I want to talk about. Also too, there might be some breaking news in the next three hours fifty two minutes because we live in changing times. So I've got everything ready. I've got things to click on, and I've got websites to look at, an international news services to tap into to see if anything happens. So no doubt things will happen the next I mean, Trump's out with international people, isn't he, So no daur He'll say stuff. What we have got too is that we've got dan Is on truth Social You've got to go to get old Trump's latest tweets what do I call them tweets or whatever he's doing. He's been doing it. But what do they call truths. He's been doing some and all Cap says, and he's into CNN and he's into who else is he into CNN and the New York Times because they've said that his h have said it was less than total obliteration. Well, that's gone down badly with him. So anyway, I'll keep you updated on that. Next time he treats, Dan will tell me and I'll say, well, he's tweeted, he's what we know. That's all happening tonight also, so yep, we're all about that tonight and the cease fire, whether that holds, because how would you know what about the straits are Hormus. I don't know how your day is. I have a lot of conversations during my daytime about the Straits of Hormus. No one talked about it, but everyone that's following all what are the straits of Hormus all that all that goes through there. I had a guy around today reckons the oil from Iraq, from Iran goes to China a train. Would that be right? I have to look at the map to find out about that. Would they rail the oil? Surely not? Would there be a rail line between Iran and China because they are the big and porter of oil. Anyway, I didn't mean to investigate that before I came on here. It's probably right. What do I call it? The steel and steel belt? So yeah, how many countries would you go through to get to China? Not many. You'd go through Afghanistan, antai, Jikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Oh, yes, there probably is. He's right, Gavin, he knows everything. There probably is a rail line through there, so they wouldn't need the Straits of Hormus. Yeah, there is a rail if it's not happening now, it's planned be a good trip, not on a pass you trained on a train full of boy, it'd be a target for a ground to wear missile anyway. Eleven past eight. Name, he's what I want to talk about tonight. To begin with. Oh, someone died to a musician now and I saw that this morning, and I wasn't quite sure what he was famous for, but some of you will know. And we mentioned that because that's something that we always do. And I just bring that up because I thought, well, that's going to be someone that people know about. Bobby Sherman. He was eighty one and His song was Easy Come, Easy Go. He was a teen idol and a pop star turned public servant. Of course, through that many of those around are there anyway you might know him. I'm not so familiar with his back cannon, but you might have something to say about him, So that might be something you mentioned throughout the course of the Yeah, he volunteered for the LAPD and became a sheriff. Go him anyway, eleven past day, get touched on. Here's what I want to talk about tonight. He's my main topic for tonight. Right, There's been a couple of articles I've read recently. I thought, hang on, this is going to be interesting that people have talked about having holidays and camper vans and how extraordinarily expensive they have been because you hire a camper van, it's about four point fifty a day, and then you've got to pay a fortune to go stay in parks and stuff because you can't just park randomly because people tap on your roof. So I want to know if you've done a holiday and a hired campervan and how that worked out for you. It seems like it's a disaster. A lot of blogs families coming across from Australia and when articles go something like we came to New Zealand for a holiday of the lifetime. We didn't expend extravagantly, We skimped and we just ate gross groceries and noodles. But it cost us an arm and leg mainly for the things they have gone to. So if you've had experience of a campavan holiday, did it cost you the fuementioned arm and leg? How did it work out for you? You might be a campavanner anyway that lives in a campervanon just some of the changes and the changing nature of that is a holiday because the parent is extremely expensive, mainly for the rental of them. When the campavan companies must be making a fortune. They could charge those for four hundred and fifty a day. What's that time of threehundred and sixty five? That's a lot is one hundred and twenty grand a year. We'll only be worth that per one, wouldn't they? How could they charge so much for them because they're only worth about one for they, aren't they the brand new ones? By the way, you can guess who died this day, age fifty in two thousand and nine. In fact, I know this because today is a day in a history that two famous people died. And often when you get a day in history and two famous people die, is the more famous one obscures the less famous one? Text me if you'd answer that question. Actually, it's quite a good website for about days two famous people die. It happens a number of times. Anyway, we are talking about Campavans. By the way, it's Michael Jackson and far a force at Major. She had been sick, and of course he wasn't sick, but he was on the What was he on? I forget what he was on? One of those sort of sedative drugs. Doctor went to jail, didn't he?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and eighty Tad He keep those texts coming through too. Camper van holidays. If you've had a camera van to go and see the country, how did that work out for you? Marcus? Longtime? Listen. The first time I've heard you say something positive about the current government. Well, I need a cup of ten and app Well, I'll tell you what's not much positive to say, but this is really good what they've done with the intensification. And I was always very quick to commend Stephen Joyce when he changed that left hand turnrual. I thought that was visionary type stuff. So think about me. I'll always give credit where it's due. But yes, I was surprised, but yeah, I thought, well, that's why I thought it was worth mentioning. Oh, no, intensification around rail this is a great thing. Fifteen stories up we go, people living nearby, working wherever they want. Tremendous. That's the great benefits because actually what it is if you don't get it through rates and you're not making the money from that, you need to make to pay for these infrastructure because suddenly the land around rail terminals probably goes up ten times in value. It's extraordinary what it does to the value of land when there is good transport network. I forget how the whole economics works of it, but yeah, you know you want to take advantage of that for all sorts of reasons. I suspect even probably Wayne Brown's got something sensible to say around that. Anyway, See what the Dutch queen's looking good at NATA or in the fabrics ass tremendous. Kathy, it's Marcus.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Hi Marcus, how are you well?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: Kathy? Really good? Thank you, that's good.
Speaker 5: I'm just calling about the camper bands as well, like the Maori camper banks. You know, I often go to Hamner and start the camping ground there in a caravan, and you see all these amazing flash Maori campervans, and like the night between, it's three hundred and four hundred or two hundred to four hundred a day to higher and then they have to spend another seventy to eighty dollars at a camping ground. And I don't hit the gain if you can hire a car and day at a motel, which would be hard to play.
Speaker 6: So I don't get it doesn't stack off.
Speaker 2: It must just seem a good idea. They must think, oh, we've got everything there, it's going to be easy. But it sounds like it sounds like a terrible holiday for expense.
Speaker 5: I believe so, and unleash you are going to stay somewhere remote, which I don't believe most of them do. It's double the price of just having a car, hiring a car and staying in a hotel or a hotel from place to place, so they're doubling me price in my eyes anyway.
Speaker 2: Because these people coming across Australia. I think they're family are for they're paying four fifty a day for it. That might be Australian money as well.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: That's expensive, yes, yes, plus seventy dollars at the top town I'm sorry, top teen holiday part.
Speaker 6: On top of that.
Speaker 2: Plus you've probably got fuel and you've probably got kilometer as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, so that's five hundred dollars a day. We knew could get a car, say, hire a car and then start at motel for say two hundred dollars a night, and then maybe you know, it's doubled. And to me, I thought that was crazy for a very long time. But only time it wasn't crazy was through COVID and in christ Church. Now we were hiring the bands for next to nothing, and everybody in christ Ch well a lot of people in christ Church took advantage of it and got them for next to nothing and just for the experience and took them all around and they cost nothing. Yea, And I wish we did.
Speaker 8: That, but I was mad.
Speaker 2: I think, Kathy, you can also get relocate ones if you're a key where you can redeliver them and spend a week fair thing around that seems I don't know what the website some of the publicly tell us, but that seems like quite a good way to do it as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, yes, I have seen that as well. That relicating, But other than that, they just seem like an extravagant waste money to me. I would the holiday like that.
Speaker 2: You know, good old, good old Hamn and La always god yeah, h to.
Speaker 5: Their own, but I would. I'm too stingy. I'd just rather, you know, go mot hell and have a higher car and do it that way.
Speaker 2: But you know, like to talk. Thanks Kathy twenty three past eight. Experience with camera van holidays people, That's what I'm curious to hear about the expense of it. Have you hired a camera van? How did it work out with you? Wasn't exorbitant? I guess it's many Aussies or people from China? Am I right?
Speaker 3: Think?
Speaker 2: I might be eight hundred and eighty ten eighty And what about getting guests from China? From Iran to China must go by Raila. They don't need the straits of all moves, which I think will be saying a lot in the next couple of weeks. The straight to of Hormuz oh eight one hundred and eighty taty nine to nine to sixty. You ought to get Marcus till twelve looking forward to what you've got to say. Also two of that, that singer that died, you might have some experience from him. The latest from Trump these found he's found the caps locks button. The day begins to the beautiful Netherlands, the King and Queen a beautiful and spectacular people. Our breakfast meeting was great. Now it's off to a very important NATO meet in the USA. Will be very well represented. It seems free calm suddenly, old Trumpo. But if you want to know what he's saying on truth, social dans all across it, camera vans, you might have done a camera van oversees how to work out for you as well. I guess if you're doing Australia, better off buying one day and selling it back later on. I think it's everyone's dream to have a campra vans and but your own one. Then you've got to store it, and then you find you don't use it but much. It's like a yacht, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Using it two weeks a year. I'm sure there's also Airbnb for camper vans. I don't if they work out well or not. Eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine nine to text Brad Marcus, welcome here you go, good brand, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Last year, at this time last year, we did a teen eight year camper van trip around Western Australia across of fifteen hundred bucks to high for the whole.
Speaker 2: That's reasonable. That's really that's reasonable. That's really reasonable. Was that in the winter?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So we kind of do one here north this year and it was going to be six k for a smaller campa van than we hired in Australia. So it wasdiculous.
Speaker 2: Six thousand for how long? Brad? That's six hundred a day. That's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 9: It was ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Yeah, So we ended up taking the horseboat, putting the bead on the horseboat and just slept in that.
Speaker 2: Did they say why? Did they say why the price was so exorbitant peak peak time? Well sounds sounds that I need to invest in a few more camera vans. Then if that's what the peak, it's probably in their interest to not have many, because then they can charge more a yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: My parents have bought their own one, and I said to them, just coming out when you're not using it the money back.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure that's a service too, And I don't know how many days a year you'd want to use one that would make it worthwhile if your own one. I'm sure a lot of people have been doing those equations themselves, wouldn't There the appearance use a lot.
Speaker 9: As much as the Actually you go to a caravan rather than having the camper, but it's better of an extra class seventy plans. They are getting to the point where they've got to start thinking what's.
Speaker 2: Financially why does the caravan make more sense to the campa van though.
Speaker 9: Uh, registration's only thirty much a year. It's essentially a trailer. And I've got two vehicles in any way, and neither of them will self The vehicle will go to one because a.
Speaker 2: Stubborn Yeah, and I guess if you've got a campavean, you've got to if you've got a campra van, you've got to register it and ensure it and warrant it. That's three things, isn't it.
Speaker 9: And all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Have you gonna do maleage A little desera do maleage A ye.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah yeah, So it does get expensive.
Speaker 2: When you think about it that it's less glossy. Okay, bread, thank you, we're talking kemper Vans goes. Have you hired one? Have you bought one?
Speaker 1: Watch?
Speaker 2: How did the number stack up? You'll have done this. You'll be thinking about this people. Did you watch the footage of ac DC Goodness? May that looks sad, isn't it? How old are they? I watched the video terrible. The fans are saying, give up, you're too old anyway, this video gone about the foot about the concert and him in the shorts Angus looks terrible, and Brian Johnson's singing but you can't hear him because his voice is gone. But you know, Angus young and in the shorts looks like you shouldn't be on stage. So you might want to comment on that. You know, what would you say? I mean, they haven't changed their act to look more dignified with age. He probably should have given up on the whole schoolboy thing a while ago, because it kind of looks he looks like an old guy in pajamas at the rest home and I don't want to sound ages t in t anyway, it's not good. Oh eight hundred and eighty Teddy and nineteen nine to ticks, Marcus still twelve, there's breaking news. Is Trump see anything recently?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Has he done anything recently? Marcus? Cambravans have rein spensive and summer currently would not pay much more one hundred nights so to highest, so probably only three months over New Year's at the top rates. So there are websites people can go to. You might want to ring and tell me about that. Also, also chucking a back topic of Cambra Vans is not your gem. You want to talk about ac DC. When did I see them? I saw them when Keanu Reeves was supporting them? Was it dog Star? I'm pretty sure that's right? Is it Mount Smart? I can't remember what year it would have been. I think it might have been ninety five. They felt kind of old. Then someone know what the year with the gig was. I'm pretty sure that we were filming for some reason out there when Dogs set the name County ReBs Band. Anyway, you might want to say something about that too. Eight hundred and eighty, ten eighty and nineteen ninety detext all the breaking news before it happens or as it happens. We're talking camera fans in ac DC. Do you want to partake good? Yes? Trump went all caps to bash fail in New York and CNN over their fake Iran bombing coverage. Set a busy couple of days, busy emotionally ups and downs.
Speaker 11: Gee.
Speaker 12: ACDC played Auckland's nineteen ninety two I think it was Marcus and it was a memorable year for me because Brian Johnson wore the t the band T shirt of the legendary Holache band on stage.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 12: Nick Brown was our singer at that stage, and he was doing a lot of the promotional stuff for Haldache and Brian Johnson saw the T shirt on him and said can I Can I have it and wear it? That was given him the band. I shouldn't really use that, No, probably not. Yeah, that was a thing that made that show memorable.
Speaker 2: I must have seen them in ninety six. They must have played motes, but that would be right, would it ball break?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I think they would have been back once every sort of four or five years around about that time. But that brand of high energy recommend the singing that Brian Johnson sort of used to do and probably can't do anymore. It's not surprising, really, it's pretty tough act to continue.
Speaker 2: And did you look at the footage?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I did, And unlike you with the shorts, I mean.
Speaker 2: It was funny in the begincause it's not even a school board uniform anymore. It's just like a short to the blouse.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 12: Yea, yeah, it's inappropriate for a person in his age.
Speaker 2: Undignified, Thanks Tony twenty act to nine, eight, one hundred and eighty ten eighty nineteen nine. Looking forward to what you want to say, ac DC. Camp E ends brilliant. Trump is flapping his drawl right now on Al Jazeerah. Of gosh, we've got people monitoring every he's on CNN as well. He looks unwell because he's got the white where he wears his goggles with his tan, so he's got that white round the eyes. It's kind of disconcerting. You notice that freaks me out? Marcus till twelve, What have you got? Twenty eight to nine, ac DC. Donald Trump's Nobel Peace Prize nomination has been withdrawn by seeing a UK politician who accused the US preson of appeasing vitamin putin. He nominated Trump in late twenty twenty four, but since revoked it. I think that is a bucket list thing for Trump to get the Peace Prize. I thought that be why bombed Iran, actually, but who knows. Anyway, let's hear from if you want to talk Marcus till twelve as I say eight hundred and eighty to nineteen nine to text. I mean the good thing about Brian Johnson, he's sort of kept the same lock. But when you get the old guys in those skinny pants, that never looks good either, does it because sort of a big torso and tiny legs. Oh well, I shouldn't be critical. I mean, I think mc jagger does it well, but I think he spends a lot of his time sort of dancing and keeping fit. And what about Rod Stewart. Rod Stewart's going to try and break the one hundred meter record for an eighty year old. There's a lot of swimming underwater because you know why, because the boss told him to do it. Name will come to me anyway. Frank Sinatra told him that tall you keep your voice good as by swimming underwater. Hello Markets, Marcus welcome.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hello.
Speaker 14: I want to talk about caravents and camp.
Speaker 2: Events, right, and you've run the right show, Mark.
Speaker 14: I've done four trips to Australia and bought the I've done two camp events over there, and I've bought two caravans over there, done the trip and then sold them and then come home back to New Zealand. And I've done the same thing in Canada.
Speaker 2: You're a brave man.
Speaker 14: Well, it's so easy to buy it. Well, in both countries. It's so easy to buy a caravan or a camp event and then sell it before you come back. It's a piece of cake. Well it has been for me. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Did you buy the money? Did you buy them?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 14: Secondhand? And I sold them and I actually made money on each one of them.
Speaker 2: Got questions for you? How many years old were they when you bought them?
Speaker 14: They were well used. Oh they'd probably be at least twenty years old. Oh wow, okay, and they came with fully equipped with all the gear, so you know, the sauces and knives and forks and things, Linen and stuff was all in them. And yeah, it was easy. But I have to admit I prefer the caravan over the campra van. It's just a small room in the caravan and the carse It's easy to buy a car in Australia, but you just got to buy the right vehicle to toe the caravan obviously. But I did a trip right around Australia six months and twenty eight thousand CA's around right around the circle of Australia and it was great and I actually got next to five hundred for the caravan and then extra five hundred for the car at the end of it.
Speaker 2: Where would you where would you buy and sell caravans and camper in Australia. Are there specific places you go and sell them? Or you just do it in the privately? Or how would you do it?
Speaker 14: Well, you'd probably do it on the net now, and I did it on the They had they had a weekly publication sort of like a newspaper that sold everything in.
Speaker 2: Like the like the trade Exchange, Yeah, like the trade in Exchange.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I can't quite remember what it called it. And just put it in there. And gosh, the phone, I remember figured the last vehicle I sold. The phone rang at court at the seven in the morning. The guy was there at seven o'clock and he was gone at seven fifteen with the car and I had a big pile of money.
Speaker 2: He had a caravan with no car.
Speaker 14: Well, no, I sold the caravan before the car.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, caravan. That's the timewise. Otherwise you'd be left with nowhere to stay. Would you get that? It's sort of your home, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, No, I sold the I sold the caravan in Brisbane and I had friends in Sydney because the problem was when I bought the caravan, which which was in New South Wales, it had Queensland plates. Oh yeah, but that wasn't a problem for me because of that. But I bought the car in that New South Wales plates. So when we came background, we went straight up to Brisbane and I offloaded the caravan there and that was that was so easy because we had about forty people turn up and everybody wanted it. They first took it, and the same with the car I sold that straight away, And it's just unbelievable. I just happened to be lucky.
Speaker 2: We're lucky. Were you're smart and you know what's happening.
Speaker 14: Well, I had a fair idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are idea?
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: Are you a mechanical type person.
Speaker 14: Yes I am, yes, yes, I am a mechanical engineer, electrical engineer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure that helps too. Hey, Mark for interesting. Thanks and I've got commercials. But nice to talk. Oh wait, eighty today carrot akbot cares and camera vans in ac DC. So not going be along before someone says a long way to the shop. That's what they always say, we talk about ac DC. But that's all right. I can handle that. Get in touch if your either of these things or anything else that takes your fancy. What about that guy's wedding, Jeff Bezos's wedding, and gee, that's going to be a Venus boy, that's going to be a Yeah, you're gonna get married anyway? While do you get married in Venice? Think of the disruption anyway. I'll be watching that with interest. Oh eight hundred and eighty, sus it, it's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 15: I dare I think Venus would be a wonderful romantic place through a wedding.
Speaker 2: No, they don't want them there. Oh okay, but anyway, I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 15: Yes, when I traveled around Europe with my friend, we hired from the Ford Motor Company and it was a special deal if you agree to buy a new Ford card car when you get home, and so super cheap, brand new off the floor, and so we just started traveling around Europe in it. It's one of those I don't know if you can get them now, those long station wagons are.
Speaker 2: We talking about? Are we talking about the eighties.
Speaker 15: Late seventies?
Speaker 2: Goodness? And you had to buy a car new back in New Zealand, is that right? You could use one while you go around Europe.
Speaker 15: Yeah, to break it in, they need people to hire them to break them in. And so we could sleep in the back.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 15: And so it was very cheap, was it apart from all? Yeah, with the food we had stacked up in here as well, it was a bit a bit difficult to fit two people. And amongst all the tins and dried.
Speaker 2: Food, did you get robbed?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 15: No, zooming around Europe?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: What was the highlight?
Speaker 15: Well, my friend was a bit of a risky driver. And you know those bridges that open in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like a lifting brice.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we were going over, just about to go over it, and it started opening up and instead of waiting, she put her foot down and we assoomed over the gap and down the other side, and there was a build up of cars on the other side and we smashed into the back of it. Wow, it was terrifying. I thought I was going to die. Very risky driver, that won't I tell you.
Speaker 2: See that sounds like quite the story says it. Okay, thanks very much for that. Seventeen to nine. Marty Marcus, well them.
Speaker 16: Marcas going good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mardy.
Speaker 16: Hey, I don't like camper vans or caravans or tents, but they go camping. But what my big idea is is to have you seen slide on campus or the back of your ute. So you get you you find your double cab as the BT fifty, and you back it into your calf sheet or your hay barn, and then you.
Speaker 2: Slide on a fiberglass thing like that fits on the I love that. I love those.
Speaker 16: Slide on and then you can get one that when you found your spot, you can either like slide off and get your car, drill out and one on the legs and then take off again, or you just leave it on the back of the ute.
Speaker 14: In the In the.
Speaker 16: They have some of the top tops and some are quite minimalist.
Speaker 2: And hang on, Mady, this is something from the seventies or is this a recent thing? You see at the field days they beg Yeah.
Speaker 16: But the beauty of the whole idea is you don't need a warrant of fitness because it's just the tray on the back of you and you don't need you just need a shed to put it in when you're not using it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I see a lot of people have those, have those Feldons, those tents you put on top of your car, but you can't get them off because they're too heavy, and now people are sitting in them. So I reckon, I reckon that might be a bit of a fail.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I felt, and like they go, yeah, it's a problem. It's harder to take on it off because you need like a shack or a winch to pull it off, or about four four locks to give off the top of your roof. Yeah. Yeah, put other ones. I've got a conundrum from my Airbnb, so I've got three names. I've narrowed it down to three names. Falcons, Rest Falcons, crest Or, Falcon's Nests, Rest, the crest.
Speaker 10: Or nest.
Speaker 2: Because it looks over the roundabout where the falcon is.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a TV program called Falcons Crest.
Speaker 16: Yes, are only people of a certain age. I actually know what that means because I googled it because I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: But you're you're targeting, You're targeting Christian surfers. You probably want something from the scriptures, don't you.
Speaker 16: Ah, yeah, that would, but that would be more towards Falcon's rest.
Speaker 10: Okay, I've targeted.
Speaker 16: I've asked my American mate from a question and something not and they say Falcon's nest because you're sort of overlooking the falcon and I could do some tricky things with big rocks from the volcano and that it looks like.
Speaker 2: Do you want Search optimum Google Optimus search optimization because you want.
Speaker 16: To I want it to look good online. Yes, I do want search optimizations.
Speaker 10: So I'm worried that.
Speaker 16: I'm going to take all three names is by the way, but I need just one the best name that people so I found hell so I can make is it textage?
Speaker 2: Because you guys are rolling and the money, aren't you? With the white gold?
Speaker 6: You need to do?
Speaker 2: You need a homestay as well, but it will be.
Speaker 16: Old workers cottage that we can't be bothered doing up. But the rules don't apply for Airbnb's. You know, your ventilation, your heating and all that stuff. So we've got an empty fan workers cottage and it's the Airbnb, but it's actually quite nice.
Speaker 2: What don't you call it the manger?
Speaker 16: A manger?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 16: No, I want to do something with the falcon Okay.
Speaker 2: Old stuff. It was the old style. You call it the manger. Then you can actually serve two masters. But had a stable, Yeah, that's right, it's not it's not a stable, it's you call it falcon stable. I suppose, but that, but the Falcon's are to stay with the nest, aren't they?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How you?
Speaker 2: How are your bookings for Christmas?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 16: We haven't actually gone live yet. We're still testing testing the market. But I just need a name. Yeah, So my plan is just to use Facebook and no no agency because I don't want to I don't want to look it out.
Speaker 6: On my I.
Speaker 2: We'll do it. We'll book it out for you.
Speaker 3: Marty.
Speaker 2: Just use this show because you want to go to Hobbit. How far are you from Hobbiton.
Speaker 16: Ah got three farms away at ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when that's it, why don't you do something with hobbit The lawyers will get down you, won't they.
Speaker 16: I'll use Hobbiton as one of my marketing funnels. Hobiton is a marketing funnel towards us.
Speaker 2: I'd say, let me think about that, Marty. I'm booking. I'm not quite sure when I'm booking. We're coming there to go to Hobbiton, but to head the air for the I'll discuss with the head office tomorrow. I think about it because I think it could be good for us. Anyway, We'll tell you when Trump next says something, he's coming off TV, he's probably gonna be on Truth Social next it'll be capsules. We are talking about caravan now, we are actually talk about camper vans. The expense of campavan holiday with the Aussie family that came across them a fort You got like six grand for like three days or something. With his ear feares on top of that. So we are talking about that and the wisdom of buying a campa van. That's one of the topics ac DC. If they should just throw in the towel because they look they look sketchy. I think the thing about musicians is they enjoy doing it. You're away from the family, back in the hotel, back to the old high jinks. But yeah, and unfortunately the fans will go because they're touring. I think you'll destroy your legacy though. I mean the Rolling Stones haven't destroyed their legacy, but plenty yet And I'll tell you didn't destroy their legacy. Leonard co Andy was good right to the end. Simon and Garfunk and I saw them later in life. They were good. But some of the others jeepers. I saw the seekers quite late in life and they were quite good. Yeah, who what have thought? Anyway, get in touch. My name is Marcus Welcome. Hey, let's go. My name is Marcus Welcome. Heddle twelve tonight. How are you going? What tepnam? Anyone doing anything interesting in the big wide world tonight? Anyone listening from their camp a van. I was talking about campra vans because people are going on about the extraordinary cost of having a camper van holiday and New Zealand, and I just wondered how that was or your experience with that. I guess I'm saying, so if you've got to talk about that, that's we're not about tonight. Also to about ac DC, people are cancelling their tickets because they look so old. That looks so old. They're just like they should be on stage, I guess, is what I'm saying. So it looks like the the whole dressing is a schoolboy thing has probably run its course. How old will there be seventy anyway, you might want to mention that as well. Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten nine to text. You want to talk about the world, we can handle that. We can handle talking about Iran and the Straits of Hormuz and the rail between China and Iran. I'd forgotten about that. They're setting the oil by rail, so don't use the straits or Hormos. Oh yeah, that's good. They're old. What's their old thing around the world called their bricks and steel? I can't remember what the China thing is called anyway, Alan, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 3: Marcus. It's belts and roads by.
Speaker 2: That's it's a strange. It's a strange expression. That's ever any belts and roads this is called that, isn't it?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Belt and Roads program. It's coming to bits a bit, to be honest, but I.
Speaker 2: Think, hang on, I think we're part of it now for the Chinese to go to South America of values in in via planes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Belton roasting is all about sea transport really and infrastructure in those in those countries to target it.
Speaker 2: But luck about Lucky when he spoke to the leader, said that we're becoming part of it by the with the you've got none, you don't need a visa to come through. And he's even to go straight to South America or something. We're coming but anyway, Bardi Bardi bar, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's not trade. Belton Road is all about controlling the mass production of product and resources.
Speaker 2: But he did refer to it his belt, having the premiere ReFood to it his.
Speaker 3: Belts and yeah, oh yeah, yeah, he's been nice to the Chinese, but we're not really part of However, what I called it was a your falcons go he needs something suggestive. The irin thing. An eagle has an iri is an iri is an S. A falcon has an s is an s.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 3: Why not something a little more suggestive and arming at falcon's feather or what was the other came up with or rest, Yeah, I think I think they're also an honor for Falcon's crest that are sort of a very Yankey Americans eighties drama. It doesn't run for me. I wouldn't. I wouldn't feel that.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of the names of Redcod. I think he's got to go with where he is and the fact is close to Hobbiton and a dairy farm with eight kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, call it the Falcon's Rabbit.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: You got to You got a camper van, Allen, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do have a camper van. And the economics are bizarre, they really are. That they might be worse than a boat. Yeah, and I've got a boat as well, if you want to buy one. The camper van thing is we we rented out, but we're figured out it costs about one hundred and forty dollars a day to have somebody driving it around the country by the time you add up everything and the number of kilometers they do, and the number of days it spends rented out every year, and the insurance because there's massive insurance, extra costs for renting it out, et cetera. So you're not going to get much more than about two hundred a day, and depreciation swallows that. You know, it's not very good economics. I can understand maoi needing three hundred dollars a day? How long?
Speaker 2: How long to clean? How many hours to clean it?
Speaker 3: If they're really nice people, it's it's two or three hours. If they just you know, if they just lock up and leave kind of thing, Yeah, four or five hours.
Speaker 2: Do you do that yourself or do you pay someone.
Speaker 3: To do that? No, we do that ourselves, but we we we charge it a little bit of nomenal fee, but we try to rent to gintal people. You know, nice people leave it, and that comes into that comes It's very interesting. The people that have been nicest to rent it to and have left it in the best condition have always been the people who for whom it's a really special occasion. It's not just yeah, right, we'll just take a camper for a week and our money's no object, et cetera. The people that have made it special, and they make it really special when they bring it back, it's it's really rewarding. And sometimes we don't charge them at all for cleaning, you know, and.
Speaker 2: You've got to read the linen and towels and everything as well. Do you. I'll beg your pardon, you redo. You've got linens provided with that too, with a cabravan, is that right?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Use linen all the basics. You walk in and you bring your own We like to put a bottle of wine in there and that kind of thing, you know, and you really bring your own second meal. We you know, we like people to go away and there's a nice little steak or a nice checking or something in the fridge and that kind of thing. It's just, you know, it's an affimal way to do it.
Speaker 2: Early weeks a year, you're renting it.
Speaker 3: Well less and less to be honest, probably only about eight weeks a year, okay, maybe ten.
Speaker 2: And the point of that is just to get some money back for your investment.
Speaker 3: Right pretty much? Yep, yep, yep. That's that's the answer.
Speaker 2: Because if you had it, you weren't renting it, it would you couldn't justify owning it, would that be right?
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get another justification. We use it as as our own recreation and also we use it as a sort of a residential office. And when when when we're washed out of town on business, etc. She seas away two or three days a week and she uses it then.
Speaker 2: So in fact, okay, thanks nice to hear thirtying past night Markets, Marcus.
Speaker 6: Welcome club Market's Mark. It's Mark again. Bobby Shevin was the I think by Jane Fox had.
Speaker 3: A lot to do with him.
Speaker 6: He made commercials and then he appeared on American Bandstand with Dick Clark. But I know him as appearing in He Comes to Brides, which was a sitcom done by the ABC what nineteen sixty eight to nineteen seventy, and he appeared with David sol they both gone, and the theme to that was produced by Hugo Monteguero and his Augustra. It's a blood curdling TIV thing, but I remember watching it went about two three seasons, starred is It, Mark, Leonard Bridget Hanley and Joan Joan Blondell. Now she also I think appeared in Greece. But also what's her name? Lost? In She's Tombs one hundred?
Speaker 3: Is she Barbara Barbara.
Speaker 6: Lost? Johan Lockhart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're doing is she one hundred?
Speaker 6: Wells she's two hundred. And of course the passing of Gary Aherne. Yes, he passed away to the sports.
Speaker 2: The Arranine Sports Broadcaster.
Speaker 6: Well god, no BC stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, that's I mean, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Jeff Robinson and of course Maggie Barry were a a team anyway, Getting back in a big.
Speaker 2: SEQ was a big segue from DBC from Lost in Space. I was still on you. That woman turning one hundred so June Lockow.
Speaker 6: She's stoic. She appeared the movies Backers, Backers nineteen years and years one hundred.
Speaker 2: Ye is nineteen twenty five, June twenty fifth. She is born so year, month, birthday today. This is one hundred today.
Speaker 6: My mother was born in nine twenty five too.
Speaker 14: And also.
Speaker 6: The theme from He Comes the Bride was a hit with Perry too the Blue Whisky Receiver. Ramsey had a log abu full child, growing up, free and world, full of hope, Sam sort of fears, full of laughters, full of full of dreams.
Speaker 2: Yep, what's the premise of Here Comes the Bride, Here Comes the Bride? What's the show about?
Speaker 6: It was set in America about a logging, a logging logging about logging. It was a comedy. Apparently I was only seven like a remember the same tune to it?
Speaker 2: And yeah, like a whold of them? Hold of like male order Brides arrived and I got that one right. There was a short woman, was it you? I think I made right.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right. The blood the same tune to the TV series is really blood turdling anything produced by you want to get to Guiro and his orchestra. He did the thing to the good, bad and the ugly. But if you could play a little bit of it, I'm sure bring if you if you can bend the rules a little bit.
Speaker 2: There's no rules, there's no roles. You just gotta do what you want. I'll tell you about something about my job, Marke. You don't want to make a rod for your back like someone rings up and does a poem. If I want to a pilot will kill the show.
Speaker 6: But no, I'm not. I'm not sure. I'm not sing that Bobby shemans it as I can remember, it was Julie Juley, Julie. Do you love Julie, Julie, Julie, do you care Julie.
Speaker 3: You think about?
Speaker 6: That was the one that I think was a video.
Speaker 2: So he was like he was like a manufactured pop star.
Speaker 17: Was he?
Speaker 10: Well he was.
Speaker 6: So you've lost three, You've lost Brian Wilson, You've lost Louke Christie with his false set over voice.
Speaker 10: Again.
Speaker 6: He was a mediocre sort of pop star with lightning strikes and baby, I'm Gonna make you mine, Make you mine. But you know it was that era, that sort of bubblegum stuff. But well, hey, uh yeah, he comes, here comes the Brides. Yeah, just Hugo Monteguerro and his orchestra.
Speaker 2: Yes, I vaguely remember it.
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 2: What are you're born? What are you born?
Speaker 18: Mark?
Speaker 6: I was born and I was born in sixty one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not much sense.
Speaker 2: It sounds very.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: It sounds older than I thought he was. Really, it sounds more like these kind of stuff like lounge music.
Speaker 6: Well, well that's that's what it was back then. But I'd rather hear the scene too, he comes to bride.
Speaker 2: You're still like that.
Speaker 6: I like, it's a good thing. And well that was the theme, but Pierry Cone may be that had in nineteen sixty eight, the bluer Skys, whoever. It's just rememborable, and I'm sure a lot of people will remember the said he comes to Brians and it seems it's and it seemed, and the words too well, the same song to the Seattle isabe, but he made it a nineteen sixty eight Perry came Omer.
Speaker 2: I love Perry cam Have you got a camp a van story, campra van?
Speaker 6: Oh, camper vans are not really? No, no, no, no, no camper vans. No. I'm not going to stand a backpacker somewhere around Budapest or or Hungary or Prague. But that's my sort of thing.
Speaker 2: When are you going then next? I want to mind going.
Speaker 6: Next year, But I don't want to fly anywhere supposed to be in the America. But no, you don't want to go anywhere around you're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to What are supposed to do in America? One guy got kicked out because he had a JD Vance meme on his phone. Well, social media before you go.
Speaker 6: Now, Well, I love a friend over there. His wife's Chinese, and if she goes through the border, it goes from Canadian side Buffalo through into the border into New York side of America. Well, I might want to the porter as an immigrant. So things are a little bit dicey.
Speaker 2: Over there, she go the falls on a barrel. Nice to talk to. Twenty past nine. My name's Marcus. Welcome. The show has lost a structure. I'll have a problem with that. Oh Atz, you go play one song, Marcus, I've alwaysted this show.
Speaker 3: I really joyed.
Speaker 19: I was switching off tonight, not as in someone singing it was ten seconds. Hey, I tell you what they well, I'm switching off people playing.
Speaker 2: I'm switching off cheapers. Any pick.
Speaker 20: Marcus, welcome again in Marcus, see you magage you putting off bigots that buying a camper home. But they they are ex expensive. Actually I know mechanic, he said, And this. You can put them in a shed. Also, you've got to keep them on concrete. If you don't put them on or ash felt or something, they don't you stick them on lawns. The moisture from on the ground it rusts the bottom of them out, so you have a lot of maintenance on the rust treatment and stuff. So there's the cord of it into them. So you're really going to weigh it out like that. Some of the guys already said it tonight. On your showers, they can be very expensive by the time you pay for your road tax and everything, you know, and yeah, so you already have to justify how many how much you're going to use them as well. There's a lot, a lot to think about before you buy. When I know Mate's bought one, brought a forward transit, one of those older type ones, and he bought it at all the receipts for the motor being done up before he be right, and then and that he only had about two months or something. Then it wasn't as good as jobs. I think it was done so that they spent about ten thousand dollars on the motor and then to rebuild it again and then amount I just recently had the same thing again, the reserv our bottle split. They stopped it all in time, but he reckons there must have been finally turned it off and he cooked it again. So he's basically he spent three thousand dollars on repair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't reckon i'd buy one living because we're just right across from the ocean. It just rust out, I reckon, So you detail somewhere in town to put it up. It just wouldn't be good.
Speaker 20: Yeah, No, I say, especially where you are, you definitely have to put it in a sheet'll just rust awnly like trailers, not galvanite. Before you realize you got a rust bucket, you know. But yeah, so that's it. I just reckon that guy in Australia did had idea he is buying them in Australia, those caravans and buying something that tow them. I reckon he is right on to that guy.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably philly easy to justify yourself how much done you're going to have. But when you look at the numb was like that guy said that with I especial if you're renting it out for insurance and stuff, must not mind you there's something to end up in crashes. Well, it's probably for charging high insurance. Always going across the road and heading some other truck, aren't they.
Speaker 20: You've got to get wits about you're too. You're driving a caravan because you know.
Speaker 2: You're appreciate at a strong crosswind. You're on your side, aren't you.
Speaker 20: It's in Australia. It's full flattery. No, you can't coper driving around Australia the caravan behind you. When you're here in New Zealand, you've got all sorts of terrain and that you're gonna you gotta be you basically got to be like an experienced truck driver or something. They've got a little bit of, you know, a little bit of initiative to how to handle them, or you're not driving like a truck. But you gotta be very careful buying caravans. I think that you just seen Jack nine is a lot into it before before I seen to have a camper van. At least you've got control of it, but you've got a caravan behind you. Be very careful. The people can get called out. They don't realize what they're getting themselves into.
Speaker 11: An ac DC fan, I saw them in Wellington.
Speaker 20: They're probably last time they're down there must have been five years ago.
Speaker 2: Do you cause any trouble?
Speaker 20: No, No, it was a good show. But Ben Wellington and that in that tin can been windy and that they had the wind came up and the rain came they said, have been down for about an hour. Then there's no communication at all what was going on, and it sort of calmed down again and then they had they finally got it going again. But what was the remaining was left of the concert they'posed to be lost an hour of the of the venue, you could say. So, I'm very wary of going to contint in Wellington because of that. You can change the Brook of Wellington.
Speaker 2: Where's your park, pete.
Speaker 20: Oh, we said that was then we had the youth posts was still going. The apostles don't.
Speaker 2: Go any stayed at the.
Speaker 20: One of Wellington is really really good there, it's really done. If you'd been there yourself, that was really right next to that seat market. You will chop them up in the bottom down there.
Speaker 2: It's one of the first things they did in COVID sold them all often they're the youth hostels. They seem to be going quite well now.
Speaker 20: The reason why when COVID came along, like most motels and all those sort of facilities like that, they couldn't afford to keep them anymore. They weren't making any money, so they were going to pay the rates and everything, and I think it closed a lot of those good as savings. There's a pet because there's such a good organized Once.
Speaker 2: Upon a time there the youth hostels. Yet to have your own bead cheek, yes, to take around with it. It was weird, won't remember those Oh that.
Speaker 20: Was quite a while back now. But they had two good ones in Auckland too, here by Waverley Street. There they won and got the one in the bottom. Always they spent a whole lot of money on that top one. And no they did the bottom one up first and then they did the top one up. And there was such good facility. It's really really good.
Speaker 2: You all the terrorists and you can always you can always put on a funny voice of pretend you from overseas to Pete, can't you, you know? And that's always fun.
Speaker 20: You had the kitchen there, there's such good facility, and.
Speaker 2: People leave, people leave food behind. You can eat, don't they. There's the abandoned food cupboard.
Speaker 20: I shouldn't say out there, Marcus. I'm at Dutch too. Quite often they put it on the fridge there, like when the snowfall they had a pre section here.
Speaker 10: It was actually quite good.
Speaker 2: We know your Dutch. Everything you say kind of comes back to you doing things on the cheap.
Speaker 20: Oh, I'm bloody proud of it too. Their markets as well.
Speaker 2: So where will you stay next time if you go to Wellington?
Speaker 20: Oh they're still backpackers. But I just I always use the youth Fossils and so pretty hope that someone hears it in the Youth Fossil Organization. What I'm saying to another good pluck. They might reopen or get buy some more than they're such a good business. I thought they always were busy. They always were clean. You know, you couldn't fault them reord the shells, and they have people going around cleaning. We don't do that anymore yourself. They paid people for doing it.
Speaker 2: When you used to have to study, used to do duties in the morning, didn't you clean the showers or something?
Speaker 20: No, that was No, that's going back twenty thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to do that.
Speaker 3: Pete.
Speaker 2: Listen anyway, keep in touch people, you want to talk. Oh wait to hundred eighty ten eighty jay, Yeah, they live that cupboard for food that people no longer wanted. That was always good. Anyway, get in touch. Here ll twelve. Someone said, does it irk gamblers that even though its advertised everywhere to start eight twenty every Wednesday evening the lotto draw comes on at eight sixteen.
Speaker 12: Just talking about caravans and motor homes markets. I think the laser beam was actually invented to get rid of them, because I can't think of a worse thing, worse way to spend a few weeks things going around the country in one of those.
Speaker 2: And also are they going to say, tell you in your time and what you've done is you've brought a camera van with your dogs and if you go.
Speaker 12: No, they are ludicrously expensive. But also I think they're part of the reason why they the hiring them costs so much is because it's focus on overseas people and if you come down here it's and it's three dollars to the pound. It doesn't matter if it's sixty hour dir it's dirt cheap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh ye, So it's just when Keywi's go to do it's too expensive for us.
Speaker 12: This is just like butter, isn't it over it's cheese chips, but here it's not. So that's the way it's focused with the with the motor homes.
Speaker 2: What would you what did you say about the laser? You want to destroy them?
Speaker 3: Is it weird? Yeah?
Speaker 12: You get them, get them out of the way, melt them down.
Speaker 2: Oh, terrible, shit on the roads behind them, terrible on the bluff. Royer always getting blown here and they're terrible drivers.
Speaker 12: They're all awful things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just when they get to town, they're looking for a place to parks. The drive about twenty k's right, but I'm just trying to get home exactly. Drives me crazy. Thanks Tony twenty had away from ten Head on Midnight Camper Vans Camper Vans, Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty. Someone sent through their predictions for twenty twenty five, their mid year predictions. I think this guy said he did predict that Trump will swear in a live TV interview. Liam Lawson will get dumped. He might be right. Jason, good evening, Good Marcus, how a good Jason, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I just started ring I'll live it all out of a Ford Ranger. So I just started ringing. Say hello from living.
Speaker 18: On the road.
Speaker 2: Tell me it is a forward Ranger one that you've built yourself into a chembasine.
Speaker 4: Not really, I'm in the process of modifying it to suit my needs. But it's like a mobile storage unit. Really, I'll live outside. Oh okay, the vehicle's just something somewhere to store my gear.
Speaker 2: So you camp outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I sleep outside, I cook outside, and like the resin is really really bad, and then I retreat it could I've got a canopy on the tree, so I retreat into there if the weather it's real bad.
Speaker 2: So it's got a try.
Speaker 4: You know, the back of you. Yeah, okay, so it's got a canopy on there, so I can I can just slide down with my feet poking out at the back.
Speaker 2: Have you got a matress in there? You do a blow up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a little hiking, you know, a little and matt pats camping, hiking, mattress.
Speaker 2: And do you move around? Are you pretty much in the same place?
Speaker 4: I like to move around. I choose I like to observe the beginning of the day. I like to observe the dawn every day, and so usually in the afternoons, I decide where it is I want to witness the genesis of dawn, and that's where I go asleep.
Speaker 2: And what are the places? Are the places just off the beaten track or.
Speaker 4: It varies hugely, like right now, I'm indorning and I'm on my way. I'm going to park up at the top of the I'm out the hill road because the hills over the they are incredible in view.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: I think that's a cool place to work up to the dawn, you know, So that's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: So will you throw a tent up tonight?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, I'll just grab my baby bug out and doss on the ground next to my truck.
Speaker 2: Always it would. Are you worried that someone's going to run you over if you're in an accessible place in a bivvy bag?
Speaker 4: That's all good, mate, I.
Speaker 2: Wondering about that. Oh, you'll have a good night, Jason, Thanks for that. Twenty five away from nine ten twenty five from ten.
Speaker 21: Oh.
Speaker 2: The Harbor Bridge could close Friday. Wild weather set to lash r t and O and New Zealand over the next forty eight hours, with severe weather covering the South Island warnings covering the South Island. Southland regions could experience one eight four kilometer winds cheapest creepers. What a day to go sailing and get in touch Heit'll twelve If you want to talk marcust midnight? What is the local weather tomorrow forecast? Extill been a chicken for that. Also about ac DC if they should throw in the towel after seeing that video look pretty ropey. Oh, the weather is not good. Tomorrow is good. I think Friday is looking at suspect on the weekend, suspect next week, suspect. Good evening, Ellen, it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 17: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Ellen?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 10: Any good?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: We'll talk about super Tramp. Yes, super Tramp is a big bus. Oh twelve meters long, bose. I don't know how big it was, be quite honest, had a tandem excel at the back, twin the twin axel in the front. They spent three years building this bus, chopping chopping the floor out of it. They put all the tanks and things and braces and what have you and underneath it. And when they put it back together, they lowered the floor three hundred roll so give them that lot more room to put things up on the round the ceiling. All electrical gear they had all sorts of everything electrical in that Jordan.
Speaker 1: Think of.
Speaker 11: A big solar panels on the on the roof. Between the axles.
Speaker 2: They had.
Speaker 11: Many submarine batteries. They had four of them there.
Speaker 2: So who's who's done all this?
Speaker 7: Ellen?
Speaker 2: Because when you said super tree, I thought you were talking about the band. So it took me a while to catch out what you're going on about. Are these mates of yours?
Speaker 11: Yeah, just some people I met on the cat and well I was way care of any okay, yeah, and anyway, on the had they had a washing machine and the slide out a drawer on the side of the bus. It went in underneath the bus with the washing machine on it and the clothes dryer on it. Its loots slid out like you know on rollers. They had a lathe in it. He marcked around. Oh that time, did a bit of wood turning. At the back of the bus. They had chopped a weep of the round part of the bus off and I put ranch slider doors across there. But they pinned it top and bottom and you put both sides and you could pull the pen and swing it to the right or swing it to the left, whichever way you wish. And then they had a big tailgate come up at the back of it. It's like a deck at the back of the bus.
Speaker 2: They must have given you a good turtll. Where'd you meet them? We was the camping ground.
Speaker 11: Uh twenty spush happened Nelson twenty s bush. Yeah, and uh oh they had and underneath. When they moved it around, they lifted the bed up on the back and back there land cruiser tracking underneath it really and under the bed I put the I put the I had big softy couch and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Were they like a retired couple.
Speaker 11: No, they were eleven the young couple. They had young kids, a family, Yeah, a family. This is their home. And I was moving around the countryside. My god, it has cost a lot. I had big seven leader V.
Speaker 14: Eight motor in it.
Speaker 3: And what were you and what were you?
Speaker 2: What were you in?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 11: I had on the had a twelve caravan.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're telling a caravan envy with them with the great one.
Speaker 11: Oh, it was fantastic.
Speaker 16: It was.
Speaker 11: It was unbelievable, saying, I tell.
Speaker 2: You what year was this that people might still see it around? Ahs are back in the eighties, I think talked about the eighties. Say that's not that relevant. Okay, Ellen, nice to hear you. Thanks for that. Gee, Oh caravan is kemraven nostalgia by the sounds of things goodness, get in touch if you want to talk eight hundred you know the rest title twelve ac DC throw on the towel, what do you reckon I laid on a bus? Someone sees exclamation mark. Someone said the youth hostel news In is now closed. But if you're an existing you tostle, maybe you can get transferred to Australian membership. One of the most annoying things about camper Vans is the stupid names all the retirees give them, Like what, I know what they I just can't think of them. Cambra Vans are bloody horrible and motor Home is superior. What's the difference. And someone's worried about the Lotto draw being too early? I mean, you don't have to watch the draw live to win. That's what I don't get. I guess it's the excitement, is it? For some people? All the text a coming through. Plenty of people have been at Quey's Bush when Super Tramp was there was probably the nineties. I remember that awesome setup from Quiney's Bush was young myself, we camped next to them. Was so impressed all the rooms in space inside, the car hiding and the bag inspirational. I now live in a house truck. Jason Brucett's Marcus, Welcome.
Speaker 7: Marcus, how are you good? Thank you in terms of cambra vans and that kind of stuff. The Australians are top of the world in that kind of space because they go out into the outback and these completely self sufficient vehicles and they usually use trailers. There's a brand called Brewder Brudeer. You should look it up, a Brewder XP eight. It's fully functional, fully solar powered. It can suck up three hundred liters of water into the and filter it into the storage part of the walls of the trailer. It can literally go anywhere. It's got state of the art kitchen facilities, big bed in it, amazing quality and literally can go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Three hundred and forty three thousand Australian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, chief at the price market.
Speaker 2: Looks good. The two exels are quite close together.
Speaker 7: But you should see the excursion in them for going up and down where you want to go. And you can tilt the trailer from the control in your car so you can get it to go through any kind of bush or It is pretty phenomenal. I looked at getting one turned into a food truck. Actually, they customize them and they've got a military version called the XP ten, which is just the amount which is even more ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Do you see many of them, Bruce.
Speaker 7: I think there's a couple of you. They've gone ballistic the worldwide. Now that's a three year wait to get one if you order one.
Speaker 2: How long have they been around.
Speaker 7: I couldn't tell you. I've known about them for about four years, five years. But I got interested in that. I was interested in a food truck. And you can so they fully customize it if you want to.
Speaker 10: But it all comes at a price, sad least, it's nice looking.
Speaker 2: There's a there's room for eight bottles of wine.
Speaker 7: Yeah there, and you can get it's got a full laundry, you can store a barbecue in it. As I say. It pulls up water from streams or rivers, and it's got a massive soul of potential, so you can even charge your own solar vehicle you're pulling up.
Speaker 9: With, if you really want to.
Speaker 2: How many does it sleep?
Speaker 7: And there's a big double bed and then there are pull out beds for kids in that. You could get probably four in there easily.
Speaker 2: I worry that it would be too hot in the outback in the daytime, you know, because it's it's fully.
Speaker 7: It's got all that it's the way it's made. It's cold in the cold, in the hot, and it's it's warm in the in the cold, so you can take it up into the mountains into the snow.
Speaker 2: It's so it's it's it's it's got a aircut and stuff, all powered by solar, right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Correct, But just the way they've made it, what it's made out of, self insulating, pretty phenomenal about Do you.
Speaker 2: Know where they're made in Australia.
Speaker 7: I think you have to go to Brisbane for your demo of them.
Speaker 2: Look, I've never seen anything like it. I mean, look, that's next level, isn't it. It's extraordinary.
Speaker 17: It is ridiculous for those to be a U D. E.
Speaker 2: Brewder. I don't know what this story is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they started out, I thy literally started out, I think, as you know, going people taking them out into the outback, and then they're very big in Scandinavia. They've just gone into North America and have a mess of it in those trade shows.
Speaker 2: You know, can imagine one line people go to go crazy for them. Yeah, especially those sort of like off grid types of vivalists. They'd want a bit of that too.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't they Exactly they who knows where they're going to end up. As I say, you should look at the XB ten there's the military which.
Speaker 2: I look up at it. Now I've got to go to news. But that's really interesting. I appreciate you coming through about that one. Bruce, good on you, thank you like that. There we go brew to XB ten to military one. Wow, goodness, seven past ten. Plenty of comments internationally. Trump is not enjoying people doubting that the nu kilar plants centrifuges were not obliterated. Of course, no one knows, because you're going to go it afterwards and see you need intell on the ground, don't you know, it's going to know really how the effect of it was. But anyway, it seems we're very thin skinned about that. That's what he's barking on about the moment. But anyway, get in touch. Oh by the way, some of you might be following the Dead Cow Gully Race, which is a backyard race, which means you've got to run six point seven kilometers in an hour and if you don't, you're eliminated. The Kiwi and the Aussie I think the other guys in Nausy they are on lap or loop one hundred and six one hundred and ten now is it? No, it's one hundred and six. Were you know three? It was three hours ago? You're right, So I've just started lap one hundred and ten. So so at three am in the morning they will get to one sixteen or one seventeen laps if they're still going, which will be the world record. So it's an extraordinary race. Two hundred and seventy runners started and it's just down to two now, loop by loop. It's fifth night. I'm watching it on Facebook called Big Dog's Backyard Ultra Run group. The key we slightly slower with the lapse, but I think he's got bigger ticker. They run with head torches. It's dark. You might have been following that one to talk about that. Also that's of interest to me. We're getting touch yed or twelve and also the finances of renting a campervan Marc aus you should book a cabin and go to Quiney's Bush. It's the best place. We go there every Christmas for fourteen days. Love it is there, gold there. I suppose he's swimming in the river, is there? I feel like I might have been to Quiney's Bush, and.
Speaker 12: A small town near Nelson is deciding whether to get rid of one of only two statues in the world of former US President Richard Nixon. The statue has amused residents of Wakefield, south of Nelson for more than a decade. It was put there, reportedly to recognize Nixon's underappreciated peacemaking role with Russia and China. Of course, it was later overshadowed by Watergates, and now it could be replaced by a new community hub. Who knew only two others?
Speaker 2: Was that not on the chase?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: It's bizarre, isn't it. You'd have thought there'd be statues of Nixon everywhere. I mean, there was a great sort of you know, re sort of review of his presidency, and everyone thought he actually wasn't a bad bloke apart from Wateringgate.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, and apart from the fact he looked so unpleasant always didn't he with that long peanuts sharp had in that nose. He never came well in cartoons, did he?
Speaker 12: And he was not a croc.
Speaker 2: Where's the other one in the world that I do not know?
Speaker 12: And that it would be something someone's bound to be able to tell us.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get into that. We'll find it. Well, that's for a good Tonny, thank you.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: There's a statue in Wakefield. I never knew that. It's life size twenty k's south of Nelson, him holding a double peace sign. I'll leave it there. That's history. You wouldn't get rid of it. It wasn't like that he was bad in New Zealand. Anyway, A karam, it's Marcus. Welcome, good evening. Hang on, karam you good evening. It's Marcus.
Speaker 17: Yeah, hi Marcus. This is yeah just I watched her twenty eight years later yesterday. Sure, yeah, yeah, I actually liked it. I don't really remember the previous ones. But anyway, I treat, you know, each movie, you know, as a separate one. You know, I don't really follow, you know, just go back and watch all the old ones or whatever. So it was quite interesting because you know, there's all these people on island and then there's mainland where all these zombies are, and then these people on the island actually go to the mainland and hunt them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's so the last one was a zombie movie, and this is a zombie movie.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, I think I think so. Yeah, I don't really remember the previous one because I think it was a while ago. I might have watched it, but I don't really you know, follow it religiously. So, but it was it was kind of really interesting. It wasn't just just gory kind of zombie movies. Was more to it, you know, it was actually you know, relationships and everything, like you know, father and you know some the first half of the movie is kind of revolves around the father who's training the son to you know, takes them to the mainland and you know, trains them out to like just you know, kill all the zombies, you know, because there's I don't know thousands.
Speaker 3: Of them, you know.
Speaker 2: Is it terrifying?
Speaker 17: No, not really. I think it focuses more on the relationships you know, of the humans. Yeah, it's not really much to do with what's going on with the zombies, and then the father and some kind of you know relationship kind of falls apart for some reason, and then it's all about the mother and some you know, and they kind of go and deal with something else on the mainland around all the zombies. And yeah, so that the whole movie is about, you know, the relationships, you know, so it was kind of really nice. You know, it had a very emotional you know, tune to it.
Speaker 2: Is it quite I mean it's quite a hype for a lot of people there for the movie.
Speaker 17: No, not really, no, No, I'm in Auckland, so I just went along because obviously, you know, Tuesday's a half price. So no, there's only like a couple of people, you know. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, but I found it much better than Sinners or The Sinners was kind of I didn't really like Sinners and that was I think overhyped, you know, everywhere. But I kind of like this much better. At least this comes across as you know, zombie movie. The Sinners was I think vampires or something, but it was kind of weird, like it doesn't take off, you know till the half halfway through. You don't even realize it's a vampire movie. You know, You're sitting there, you know, like for more than an hour or something, and then it suddenly, you know, become you know, goes into vampire stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, I appreciate you coming through a very interesting crown. Thank you for that, Brian. Good evening, it's Marcus, welcome you know.
Speaker 1: Marcus, just on your motor homes, it's a subject which you could go on all night about. I'm pretty sure they are actually just for the pretty well healed type of people. I started looking to buy one about two years ago, and I thought our thirty to forty thousand would be ample for me. I'm on my own and just travel around New Zealand and But oh my god, what you get for that is not worth having because all it does cross another forty thousand. And then you asked about the the rental job is well, I think looking back on the door, that that would be. I find the best way to have a rent motor home is to rent one, even though there's two hundred a day for a month. Because I bought a hundred thousand dollars one, I still spend twenty thousand nine it. I still had to sit outside and found leaks in it and all that sort of thing. And then the bigger they are, you've got to get a certificate of fitness over top a little tiny one as a warrender fitness. And there's always issues there somewhere as well, and then there's a loading things toe bars, so there's just this just goes.
Speaker 9: On and on and on.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that the rental wonder down.
Speaker 2: Let's break it down. So you spent one hundred thousand on one and you had to spend twenty thousand on.
Speaker 6: What towbars radio is?
Speaker 1: Getting the gas fixed had an oil leak into the water.
Speaker 2: Oh so it was secondhand the one you paid that money for.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, there was a forward train to quite old two ten.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: You're not getting much for one hundred thousand dollars in a motor home because they're just going to cost you more and more and more. They're just the money, but they really are.
Speaker 2: So what happened for you in the end? Did you end up having to sell them? You've still got it?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, No, I sold it and sold it to the people who were looking for exactly what I had. I'd give them all the issues that i'd had done with it, and they're all quite happy with it because I've done a lot of stuff myself, which is just to send it to a shop to get fixed there, you know everything.
Speaker 2: How much money to know you.
Speaker 1: And oh, mayor, I would like to put them figure on plenty. Okay, So I loved about twenty grand on it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, as you say, you'd be better off hiring one for six grand for three years in a row, and you still would have been better off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without a doubt. Yeah, then if a transmission, if a transmission and these later model one like it can be off the road for four or six weeks while they get parts for them. They can be up fifteen thousand or something to get a gearbox fixed.
Speaker 2: So I thought there would be a good market for ex high ones. But have they been threshed the.
Speaker 1: Earlier The first one I bought was next higher one. Yes, I'd say they wouldn't be threshed, but the ex higher one is still depending on how much you want to spend, they range from forty thousand to two hundred and forty thousand. You know, that's the problem. Very expensive piece of machinery that leaves sitting outside and only for a couple of weeks of the year.
Speaker 2: So there must be a certain amount of timing that you can use one for. Are you retired, Brian, Yes, I am, But you weren't away the whole time you were No.
Speaker 1: No, no, only went away for a couple of weeks at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've probably got to really commit to a A and think, Okay, I've got to be waiting for yeah.
Speaker 1: And join them, join the motor Home Motor Club Association.
Speaker 2: Or they're like a gang, the motor Association. Boy boy, they're alaured for themselves, aren't they?
Speaker 1: Apparently they are, but they are certainly good to belong to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just putting the chamber because I do get quite riled up when you mentioned them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just find you why more people have wrung on this question. Now that that may set somebody alike and disagree with what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think it's I think it's really interesting. The finances, Brian, So I appreciate you coming to I've got commercial commitments, but thank you. It is nineteen to eleven. Good evening, Graham, Good evening, How are you autist? Good things?
Speaker 18: President Nixon, he's got several statues or whatever you like to call them, around, made him two shoulds around the world. And I've seen the one in London, but even Nelson, just outside of well, just a wakefield just outside of Nelson, and we've had this statue there for quite a few years. And it was an American came over here and built a big house and put this in his front garden. And we had this problem with people getting upset about Nixon, but they forget about the good things he did. He had dialogue with Russia, China, and also he got the Americans out of the Vietnam.
Speaker 2: So it's in private it's in private property. It's on private property, then, is it.
Speaker 18: Well it was then, but I don't know what they've done with it now.
Speaker 2: Well property, so they could do with that. And I presume this guy still owns the building, the same guy that built it. Does he?
Speaker 18: Oh, well, I don't know that. I don't know that at all. But it comes up every now and again about this statue out there of Nixon, but they forget the good things that he did. Okay, we all make mistakes, but they might be big mistakes by big people. But he made some good things too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've had a look at it from Google Maps, so it seems to be in the front. I mean the guy that this guy, Tony Keanovitch, is that as they seem to work for Nixon and then he moved to New Zealand.
Speaker 18: Well that's what I understand, Yes, because it's quite a few years ago now, when it all started.
Speaker 2: Wakefield a nice place, yes it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Nelson South is just south and Nelson. It is a nice place. It's a growing place, and a lot of people commute from Waitefield to Nelson OWNSA. It's about twenty five minutes, but the traffic's getting heavy and heavier. We've got a lot of people in Libya.
Speaker 2: Now need a train. Thanks Graham. I paid one hundred and five thousand for a four year old Mercedes four berth Ex rental, used as much as I can, sometimes just to a local beach at Howick. Dreamed of owning one, and super gawn. I went ahead with a purchase when I was in my fifties, young enough to enjoy it. Cheers Heather Pierre. Spending three nights at Miranda this week with friends. For those that don't know Mirander's where the hot pools are, I guess they're still there, like an hour southeast of Auckland, Miranda.
Speaker 12: There you go.
Speaker 2: Marcus just heard a conversation about Quiney's bush. I met the create of this bush and mister Ray Quiney. Lovely gentlemen. Purchased a point five seven seven caliber antique Snyder carbine CCT rifle from which I still have. According to my records, this was a nineteen seventy four very old gun collector. Thank you. That's fifty one years ago.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know too much about I hope I've mentioned THEO point five seven seven caliber antique Snyder Cavalry Carbine CCT rifle. I don't know what the CCT pertains to, but you gun people will know, doubt good evening shoe, Hello shoe, you man?
Speaker 13: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Gud and clear receiving, haven't you?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 13: I've just come in for evening around shooting rabbits with Eco Hunter's a fifty eight rabbits night one possum, and I'm now hitting up by shivings by a frying pan full of onions and some veggies from my dinner. And you mentioned just before as I came through the door, you mentioned antique firearms, and I thought, why, word, that's something I could talk about. Where did you get up to with antique firearms?
Speaker 3: Marcus Well?
Speaker 2: I was just reading what the texter had texted through YEP about the garden that he brought from the guy that's got Quiney's bush.
Speaker 13: Oh yes, okay, well, well it was an.
Speaker 2: Antique Snyder Cavalry Carbine CCT rifle. What does a CCT stand for.
Speaker 13: You'll have to have somebody more experience antiques that one. But you know, Gabary Rider three C really fives, you know, all all very famous stuff. I am not an anti collector, but I've kind of fallen into owning a cap of antique rifles by accident. The oldest one I've got is a eighteen ninety three three to zero three the Infield rifle Wow, actually made by the BSA Company of England seeing active service around. I don't know what that's the world, you know, him and Otter a sort of research that detail aren't and I just basically it's got eighteen ninety three stamped on it. It's got in Z stamped on the side of it, so it's obviously been in a New Zerald service as well as possibly the I mean it could go through as the ward. That rifle, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Where did you pick it up here? What's the story with it?
Speaker 13: Well, a fellow who I played darts with that Winnington Darts Association had to give up hunting the because his knees packed up and his mate died of cancer, so he kind of lost the interest in hunting heaven hunting for years. And he also didn't want to go through the rigma role of re licensing, licensing, having a new legislation, you know, gun safe registering firearms, since he wasn't really using them anymore. So he just he shold his two four three, which is delivered them from a three or eight. And he gave me the three O three because he couldn't be at a part with it because like I found the airline and he didn't want to sell it, so he gave it to me, and he gave me a pause as well. And do you know you know what it pauses?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: What's how's it spelled?
Speaker 18: O Z.
Speaker 13: And a pause? And it's interesting, you know, firearms. And this is why antique people are interested in firearms is because they track the history of the world. And you can go three O three, you know, Bull War, First World War, Second World War, you can go tos and the tours that I've got. You can basically find out the age of a rifle off the SERO number on it. The sero numbers are all in a big database. You're just punching tis you punch tooz, you punch in the SERO number and it will tell you the year that this thing was built. And it's like like maybe nineteen seventy something, I think that one is. And it's got us or you know, the old you know, ussr Soviet rifle before it became Russia, you know, And so it's historic, it's a it's a footprint of part of history that's no longer there. And yet tars rifles are still made to this very day. So that's a little bit of history about the toys. That's only a twenty two caliber. It's a magazine feed and the one I've got is the first generation of the magazine fees that before then the ones before that were single shot, so she loaded one round at a time. Then they developed a magazine feed and they are apparently still manufacturing rifles to this very day. And yep, so those that's a Russian rifle and the other two that I've got a Bruno Bruno is Bilt b r in this particular model is number five eight one semi automatic. It's a Bruno five at one semi automatic. That those two rifles. Wednesday, Step nineteen seventy two, so not really really an antiqui, but unique because they were manufactured in the country called Czechoslovakia, and of course Chickenslvarkia doesn't exist anymore. It became part of Serbia and the Czech republican or restaurant with the coming you know, falling down of communism and all the rest of it. And so that rifle therefore, with the word Czechoslovakia on it is then a little bit of history from Middle Europe, and so that rifle will know not that exact rifle, but the first one of those Brunos I owned was my father's rifle and he bought that. It was Date scept in nineteen sixty two. Unfortunately, it had a little bit of a couple of mishaps with young boys using wet ammunition and buggering up the barrel. That was me and my brother, and so that's not service or anymore. So then I brought two other Brunos along way to get the parts to rebuild the first one, and so awow, that was two operational brunos. The second one I think is Date said, but later the ninety said, we I can't really the exact data that but quality rifles we had of real steel, not a bit of plastic on them anywhere, not a bit of alloy on them anywhere. They've made out a real steel and they're just quality firearms from an era of rifle manufacturing which we you don't see anymore. You know, if a lot of stuff these days stainless steel and plastic.
Speaker 2: Stocks or print or predator a three D printer.
Speaker 6: Or three D printer, and you get arrested for that, well, the reason I think, oh.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, well that's a really really major threat to the safety of the New Zealand's.
Speaker 2: Community, aviation or anything like that. I think it's probably Harley. I don't know how you. I don't know if you can make plastic uh, plastic ammunition, but you probably can, can you?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Yeah, And this is one of the big threats that face the MU Zealand police in their day to day life. And this is again why we've come to have a firearms registry, which was overned by the then Labor government in full support by all the other parties, to band military style weapons and to introduce a firearms registry. So we registered every single firearm. I've got a memo today from the New Zealand from a Firearm Safety authority saying just a reminder, legislation has changed again and now when you go into a gunshop to buy ammunition, you have to have all your rifles already registered on the on the Firearm Safety Authority regis registration registry or you can't buy the ammunition. And this is another really really good step that was impermented you half the mosque shootings to keep New Zealand safe. And I'm a fully in favor of the registry. They need to have a register every single firearm and they need to be on the registry.
Speaker 2: I'm going to I'm going to go through because a lot for me to consume with us. But I'll tell you what that guy and Gord that had five hundred firearms, that was a surprise for the police. Did you see that story?
Speaker 13: How the hell did he do that?
Speaker 2: What was he what was he thinking? I don't even know where he lives. But two, that was one seventeen past eleven evening. This is Marcus, nice to have you on board.
Speaker 21: Welcome, Thank you, Marcus, congratulations on your order.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that. Yeah, that's nice to have recognize for that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 21: Now just one tell you one thing and ask or tell you three things. I mean, you've been around the coast in Tarranniki.
Speaker 6: Haven't you? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 21: Do you think a silly question? But do you think because they called the name the All Black team yesterday it was in ray Hushu in the Coastal Town Coastal Sports Team. It was actually at rae Huhu. Now do you think it's because of the.
Speaker 11: Bear it boes.
Speaker 2: I think that was I think that was the connection.
Speaker 21: Okay, that's another one. Pairful rayn came out today good dated today, yes, and nineteen We are Held nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: What tremendous album that was never seen. The movie album was tremendous. Do you thank you?
Speaker 21: And also our New Zealand boy Keith Urban married Nicole Kidman today goodness in two thousand and six and they'll be married nineteen years.
Speaker 2: They get seemed to go well together, don't they.
Speaker 18: Hmm.
Speaker 21: But that rahu has been me being Taraneki. I think it's because of the Barrett brothers. Pame can sort of day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought it was a ridiculous moving all the All Black sea to be I thought was a complete waste.
Speaker 21: Of they all would have had to travel here.
Speaker 2: Yes, what a lot of plava to make look down into the grassroots when we know they don't care about grassroots.
Speaker 21: I mean, how many of them would have got lost and living?
Speaker 2: And if you lived in Rahuta, you'd never see the Barretts play because they never played for you, Plymouth, for they exactly don't get me started. Evening Lowist Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 8: Hello Marcus, have got a strange request for you tonight.
Speaker 13: Yes, you were a few few calls back.
Speaker 8: You were talking to some guy that had been out FIS controlling. He'd shot so many rabbits and possum and do you remember, yes, yeah, Well I'd like to know if there's anyone around the Heart Valley that could go and shoot me a couple of rabbits so I can make some.
Speaker 2: Rabbit stew Okay, I'm sure he could.
Speaker 8: Or where is he from?
Speaker 2: I think he's from there. What was the last When was the last time you had it?
Speaker 8: My mother was alive?
Speaker 2: How would you do it?
Speaker 8: Just we will cut it up and cut the meat up and Stewart put it in apart. Well, you could do it anyway now, could.
Speaker 3: Have got slow cooked and whatever cooker.
Speaker 8: My mother. When my mother used to cook them, she used to cook rabbit stew and cut the rabbit up and put onions and carrot and stuff and a bit of bacon, A little bit of bacon. Rabbit stew is absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: Wow, if you could buy, if you could buy a rabbit these days, can you buy a rabbit?
Speaker 10: I don't know tried?
Speaker 6: Have you?
Speaker 10: Have you eaten rabbit?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, but not for a while.
Speaker 8: I haven't either, but I'd like to.
Speaker 2: We'll see what we can find out for your lowest. Look at lower did you say upper hud or lower hunt upper hutch? Okay, we'll see what we can do. It's like buy, sell or swap. Lowest wants a rabbit or two shapers? Get in touch. I don't know if you need the rabbits now, can you I suppose you can go. I suppose they're all good to go. How are you going? People? What's happening in your neck the woods? My name is Marcus Httle twelve. Welcome to it. Awkwady have seated well drawing, didn't they? With that South American football team that did really well? So well done them? After getting beaten ten nil and six nil. And Trump's not happy with people doubting the validity of his It's almost like he feels like he's done it himself, this whole bombing campaign. Freath and skinned about people saying it mightn't have been successful as it was.
Speaker 10: Kevin, Yeah, I go, I go past President Nixon just about every day when I go for a walk.
Speaker 2: So what is that building?
Speaker 21: Is it?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 2: Is it use the building for? Whatever? Is it used?
Speaker 10: It's it's a chap, I know it's he told me he does a lot of work there. It's idea. A very very wealthy guy from around the area built it. And it's like a conference sort of center. Okay, yeah, I wondered what it was. So they have the owner has now and then they get people turned up for like a convention sort of thing or or a whole lot of friends will turn up for a gathering like a nice, big, fancy dinner or something. You know, but it's just such an empty dormant. It's a huge section. It's probably something about five bakers.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 2: It was a guy. The guy's quite a famous American that was living there for a while that was involved with all sorts of things quite a controversial character. That what's the place called Fort.
Speaker 10: Fort Yeah? Oh god, you got me near laurel Dale, Lauderdale or something. Oh yeah, Well, I'd like to have a lot of this time ago. But Roger, that was going to be. It wasn't going to be because I'm at the rest home just up the road, a couple of hundred meters up the road. And at one stage it was going to be a hospital area and there it was going to be a big supermarket for there in because the area is growing. But we've got a four square but it's just sitting there, just sitting there. It's just an asset at the stage I suppose if you've got that much money properties, you.
Speaker 2: Know the guys it's called Fort Halderman.
Speaker 10: Right, that's the one. I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: No, I think it might be pertaining to him. But the guy that the guy that owns it, Yeah, I could find that, but the article I've come through so I can't find the article of it. It's quite a it's quite he was quite a famous kind of American that had moved to Wakefield.
Speaker 10: Okay, radio yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're sold to take a statue. It's solely to take a statue with you, wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: You don't know whether or what I would never do.
Speaker 2: Say it might have been sold the current owners. Right, here's the situation.
Speaker 6: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: There was a guy called Tony Kennevic who was a businessman who was controversial.
Speaker 10: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: The parent owners approached the council this year about the probably of building the hub on this site instead. Oh yea, so maybe it's got different owners. So there's very work I would do with the statue.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they were talking about building some retirement villas right next to their wrist home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's only value would be for script, wouldn't it.
Speaker 10: Well, so, yeah, I didn't even know who it was for. I walked head the house, someone said, what's it? Person? Mother's arms here and they said, oh, there's prisoners next, and I thought, oh my god, is.
Speaker 2: He doing the police. He's doing the victory thing, similar, isn't he.
Speaker 10: Oh I'm tell you what. One thing annoys you a bit bloody Donald Trump. He always walks around punchers first in the year.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of there's a lot of annoying things about Donald Trump.
Speaker 10: Oh you know it just looks like he's turn and sit. You know, let's get you know, come on, not not make great, but come on, just get fighting. Let's get into it. You know, it just doesn't look right. You don't see the queen.
Speaker 2: He doesn't seem very resolved or calm in his later years? Does he mad?
Speaker 10: Brain? He'll be getting park insensible mutual or something?
Speaker 16: Problem?
Speaker 3: Do you think I would?
Speaker 10: Well, he loves on McDonald's, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they say. But how long can you live just any McDonald's.
Speaker 10: I've read an oracle with her his one of his medical staff or something.
Speaker 6: This is that.
Speaker 10: Well, I've seen Pats on the Air Force one and they've got his elon musk and they're all having McDonald's for lunch on the Air Force one. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I imagine. I imagine he'll be mainly a steaky Do they when that's one of those blue bloods? Are like that with those those wealthy people like they like this sort of steak restaurants? I think, oh they do.
Speaker 14: Ye.
Speaker 10: Anyway, leading to a market, you might.
Speaker 2: Have a statue. You might have a statue of him on your walk before too long, Kevin, thank you for more from Marcus slash Night.
Speaker 1: Listen live to News Talk zed B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio