Speaker 1: You're listening to the Resident build Up podcast with Peter wolf Camp from News Talks at Bay.
Speaker 2: The house is a hole even when it's darns, even when the grass is overgrown in the yard, even when.
Speaker 3: A dog is too old to bar.
Speaker 2: And when you're sitting at the table trying not to start scissor home, even when we leave a band gone, even when you're there alone. A house is a hole even when those goes, Even when you got around from the world you love your move scream does pain to be an in funder LOCALSSBRE when they're gone.
Speaker 3: Well, very good morning, and welcome along to the Resident Builder on Sunday. My name's Peak wolf Camp and this is a program well pretty much all about your place. So if you've got a project that's underway, or you've got some house maintenance tasks that you want to undertake. And I don't know whoever came up with the idea of maintenance free, I think deserves well halfway decent flogging. To be fair, there is no such thing. There's always work to do. That's what I've spent a reasonable amount of this week doing. With a fairly long list of tasks to achieve over the summer months, and I'm guessing that if you own or occupy a property, then you've probably got that list similar to mine. Is in fact, even this morning, as I tried to sneak out of the house just a little bit quietly, notice that the hinges on the front door have lost all of their previous lubrication. And there's that gentle sort of squeaking sound as I try and close the front door quietly without waking the rest of the household. So that's another job to go on the list. Do you actually make a list, That'll be an interesting question too, or is it just that thing that sort of rumbles round in your head, going, I've got to do. I've got to do. I've got to do. I've got to get that done. I've got to get that sorted out. Anyway, if we want to talk building all morning till right through till nine o'clock, we will do exactly that. Eight hundred and eighty ten eighty is the number to call. I trust you've had a good week. If you might have had just a slightly sleepless week as you've been catching up with the America's Cup racing off bus Slona that has now come to a conclusion and of course congratulations to Emirates Team New Zealand for a fantastic victory there. So at around six thirty this morning, actually we're going to touch base with Richard from Razine. He's part of the Automotive and Specialist Finisher's division Coating's division, and it's basically we might have found the secret source for the reason that the New Zealand boat is so fast, and that is pretty much that it's covered in razine coatings. So anyway, he's there in Barcelona, so we'll get a sense of the vibe and also just an insight into what goes into the technology and the development behind razine coatings that allow it to be applied to those vessels and apparently possibly to a number of other nations America's cupboats as well, So we touch base with them at around six thirty. Then we will also touch base with our regular contributor from Razine, So painting questions, specific painting questions from seven thirty this morning. Bryce McDermott, our painting expert from Razine, will be joining us then so you can text through your questions. Any specific painting questions. Nine to ninety two is the text number is BZB. We'll take those. And then I had a chance this week just leting you know what's coming up on the show today, to catch up with Marlon Johnson, who is from Late four Solar, who are the sponsors of the show, and we were talking about solar and we had Marlon on a couple of months ago just to talk about solar panels, how they work, installation, where you can put them where you can't. But what we didn't really get a chance to talk about is batteries and how the two combine and the interconnection between those two parts of a solar setup. So I've invited Marlin to come back on the show. He'll be with us after eight o'clock. And if you've ever had a question about solar, so in our first interview we didn't get a chance to take any of your questions. At eight o'clock this morning, we'll take your questions about sola if you've got it and you want to ask a couple of questions, if you're thinking about it, if you're unsure, if you're unsure about the impact of having combining solar generation with battery storage, you might have a question on that will take your text questions on all things solar after eight o'clock and of course thirty at climb Past will be in his studio which is in christ Church, and he will join us and we will talk all things gardening and the wonderful world of bugs as well. So it's a busy old show. It'll get pretty chopper later on. If you've got a question right now, if you've got a project like me, and you're thinking, I've got to do something about that squeaky door, or maybe it's a little bit more significant, i e. You know, might have discovered a leak, or you've got some rot that you've seen. I mean, it's terrible in a sense doing the job that I do, because everywhere I walk I'm looking for things. And I pulled up at my brother in law's to place yesterday to drop something off, and I cast a glimpse across at the neighbors the upstairs windows, and I was thinking, gosh, you know, if you don't get onto maintaining those soon, it's going to become a really big job. I mean, it's a beautiful house and it was well built. I remember the extension being added on, but it's timber and it's timber facings around the window, and it's in a part of the house that you wouldn't necessarily walk by every time, and you can just see a little bit of mold growth starting to come. You can see the paint starting to peel off or split away. And if you don't get up there in the next year or so, it's going to become a replacement job rather than regular repair and maintenance. And that's what we're looking to avoid, is that whole thing around having if you do the maintenance, then maybe you don't have to go to the expense of repairs later on. Maybe someone could have told Ekipnuku that. In Auckland, a huge embarrassment for the city, I think is the fact that the bridge, so we've spent all that time developing the viaduct put in a funky bridge. Apparently temporarily it was temporary back in twenty eleven or something like that for the America's Cup and then somebody forgot to boil the hinges and the next thing, Orgland councils up for ten million dollars to repair it, and it's been a massive disruption. But anyway, I only mentioned that because I was down that part of town the other night, thinking well, I could have taken the ferry and walked if the bridge was working, but it's not, and so I ended up driving, which is not what I wanted to do. Anyway, my rant is over. It is your turn to rant, to rage and just have a bit of a chat. Really, eight hundred eighty ten eighty is the number to call if you've got a question of a building nature. We're into it. Eight hundred eighty ten eighty. Welcome and good morning to you. Chris. Hello there, good chrisp hang on, it's there we go, Chris, Good morning, Chris.
Speaker 4: Mate. It's a bit of a pathetic question to be honest at all. But basically, I've got an old one of those houses that have been shipped right for aiding ninety.
Speaker 5: Circus on the door of the door on it has got three hinges, yes, the middle one the hinge pin that goes them from the top.
Speaker 4: It's been fined for twenty odd years, but it's started to creep out all time, and it makes horrible screeching noises when it hits seened. So I think they sort of keep hamming it back in. And I wasn't sure what the best way of holding in an ereror is whether it was I was going to try seperately, but then I thought that might stop the hinge working even worse.
Speaker 3: So when you say the hinge, when you say the hinges working out, is it that the screws have started to Because what happens is over time, of course the screw you know, the tension on the timber, and especially if the hinge is not working particularly well, it starts to pull on those screws and they'll pull out from the timber.
Speaker 5: Is that what's happening, that's the center hinge.
Speaker 3: Oh, the pin itself is dropping out.
Speaker 4: Pulling out. It's from the top, so it's pulling out top ways.
Speaker 3: So what it's rising? Yeah, ah, unusual. I mean gravity typically tends to take care of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you think so that.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a it's between the lounge and our hallway and bedroom, so it's kind of used all the time, So continuous squeaking. Sometimes I just don't bother thirteam for a better week, but it just gets irritating.
Speaker 3: Understandably, it is a bit unusual that the pin works its way up the hinge might be misaligned or something like that. Look I would I would probably just tap it back. And if you tap it back in, how long does it take for it to start rising again?
Speaker 4: A bet a week?
Speaker 3: About a week? Man, it must be out of alignment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that were either some sort of pressure things.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, if you wanted to, what you could try and do is tap it out right, So tap the pin out all the way to the top. And it must be a replacement hinge, because old hinges like that don't. You can't tap the pin out. It's only more modern hinges where you can tap the pin out in some cases. So some hinges have got the pin is sealed at both ends or it's rounded over, so you can't remove the pin, which stops someone taking the pins out and lifting the door off and breaking into your house. Or most domestic doors have the pin that drops in from the top. Gravity holds it in place effectively, and if you ever need to take the door off, you can just knock the pin out and take it out. I would say, probably if it's working its way out, I'd knock it out, So just use a nail punch to drive it up and then hok it out. Give the actual pin a bit of a sand put a little bit of you can get special like graphite lubricants that work particularly well on hinges and hardware and door locks and things like that. A little bit of that, drop that back in and that should just free it up enough that it'll stay in place, would be my suggestion. I think someone else has text through the same thing. So Chris, good luck on that one. If it's type removed sand loop and put back in place.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And there are these. I had it for some door locks, like actually putting inside the door lock every now and then they can get a bit corroded or exposed or something like that. And there's a special type of graphite lubricant so it's actually feels like it's a black powdery type material. You biden a little bottle and just inject that into the locks as well. That makes a big difference. But there is also what I pick up the other day, some garage door. So if you've got an older sort of sliding track garage door, and again lubricant on that has deteriorated, you can apply it's out of a spray into the air as well. So there's some good stuff out there. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty. Were talking all things building in construction this morning on the program. If you've got a question of a building nature, oh, eight hundred eighty ten eighty is the number. So out of the corner of my eye, I've also got I've got a couple of TV screens on here in the studio and it is kind of exciting to watch Liam Lawson getting kitted up and ready to go out American Grand Prix, and Austin is on for this weekend as well, and of course he's now got a full time drive. So Kiwi's winning the America's Cup. Kiwi's in the Formula one. It's not bad.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 3: Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty is the number to call quick text hey Pete. I'm in the process of doing up the on suite of a nineteen seventy six house. The shower as one hundred and thirty five by eighteen timber around the shower opening pretty typical. The timber has rotted out in one corner, leaving a very small spot of rot and a little bit of black mold. Am I better off treating this with something or dig out the minimum minimal damage and use something like Builder's bob. Before sealing well and replacing the timber, I will be adding some powder coated aluminum trim to stop it happening again, Jim. If it's small ish, like the size of a head of a hammer, let's say, then yeah, you could probably rather than strip out the whole thing and have to go through the rebuild process, would I would cut out or fetch out any rotten material in there. I would treat the timber with a timber preservative so protein, frame, savor, metal X, anything like that, let that dry thoroughly. I probably wouldn't use and I use Builder's bog, but I wouldn't use it in that situation. I would use something like repair Care, which is a two pot sort of it's a mixture of an adhesive and a filler and a POxy filler. Actually, as it happens, you can get it at razine color stores, So repair Care use that to fill the area and then send that off. And I would paint the whole thing with an ideally an oil based enamel or at least a water borne enamel over there. And yes, adding a trim to keep that moisture away would be a good idea, but I think if it's relatively small, absolutely use something like repair care. It'll work well. Good luck to you, Jim. We then take short break. We're going to talk to Crystal in just a moment. Your newstalks'd be we're taking your calls. We're also taking your texts. Apparently it is a common problem with the pin working its way out. Take the pin out, replaced from the bottom. Problem fixed. Take the pin out and replace from the bottom. Yeah, I think that makes sense. Oh, eight hundred and eighty. Ten eighty is the number to call Crystal. Good morning to you.
Speaker 8: Good morning. Normally when you pull the pin, it's a hand grenade on the end of this very good. So with again, what I would do is just dot punch the top of it around the circumference of the pin, you know, put swage at little dot punches, and then it effectively swages a pin out a big wider and then tap it back and that should work right because the doors o'ten closing, it's like it's like riding it up.
Speaker 6: And riding up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's the first thing. Second thing, so you know the windows days, when you open your window, you got a little holes and so you can latch the window in the summer.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got them.
Speaker 8: All of my windows, and some of the good condition, but a lot of them are very old. And yes, I could spend hours pannel being the mount and trying to fix them. Where would I buy new ones to replace those at a reasonable price? Like Michael ten months sixty bucks the one. So is there somewhere else you could?
Speaker 4: She did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that that's kind of the price that they are. And I've because I used to do a lot of work on sort of not quite well heretage homes or homes with timber joinery, and every now and then, if you were doing a refirb you would you'd go and buy some more of those days. And yes, they are expensive. I guess your other option is if you're looking for something, you could try demolition yards. Yes, but then of course you are going to end up with something at secondhand and might require some work. Yeah. Are they what sort of vintage are they? Nineteen thirties, nineteen sixties?
Speaker 8: You know they're a mixture of all sorts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mismatched.
Speaker 8: I would have a look at a websites called Screwfix in the UK. Have a look there and then don't have a look at the prices, you'll be.
Speaker 3: Just look in crystal. I'm in a sense the same. I go to the States and I go to hammer to what is it home Depot or Low's or Rockler or somewhere like that, and I look at the prices sometimes and I do despair, saying that actually just doesn't aside. Last time we were up there, I did go to a home depot store and have a look at like the price of plaster board. So an eight x four plaster board sheet in the States was about twelve or thirteen US dollars, which is not a million miles away from what we pay here. And I kind of cruised around they had a look at lumber and it wasn't terribly different in price. Things like paint and sometimes tools to some degree I buy us time. I was, yeah, some stuff is cheaper, but not necessarily by a massive amount. But look with the hardware, yeah, I look. Demolition yards are great, and there is obviously that great delight in being able to reuse something rather than sending it off to landfill or recycling, so there's an upside to that, But otherwise, yeah, they are expensive.
Speaker 8: Can I even forgges something that you might like to look at. Have you ever heard of Sibsey. Sibsey is a society of international building engineers and it's all things building. They develop maintenance regimes and programs with Sibsey Wellington Google. Have a look up. There's a lot of free semmars and things on solar, on maintenance regimes, all sorts of stuff. And it's the worldwide governing body on all things maintenance for buildings. And they even produce hit to pay for them. But they produce maintenance planners and maintenance regimes, you know, monthly, quarterly, annual checks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, have a look at it.
Speaker 3: Look much appreciated. Good luck with the hardware, all the best chrystals. Always likes to check take care bother there. Oh eight, one hundred and eighty ten eighty is the number to call now if you've been captivated as I have to some degree by the America's Cup racing and have been. I mean, I'm still pretty convinced by fossic Around the back of the dry I could probably find a pair of red socks from back in the day. But I did actually wait reasonably early this morning and watch the final race of the Louis Vu Tom Cup, meaning that the Team New Zealand Emirates Team New Zealand have again not only won it, but defended it two times in a row, so three in the modern era, this is quite unusual. This is quite remarkable for a team to win three times in a row, which is exactly what Emorates Team New Zealand have done. And then I was chatting with a guy during the week from Razine. He goes, did you know that, as it happens, the boat has Razine coatings on it, as in, over the top of all of that fancy carbon fiber, they do apply a coat and that coat is made by Razine. And one of the people involved in that is Richard Mearhead from Razine, part of their Automotive and Light Industrial Coating's division. Richard, A very well, good evening to you in Barcelona.
Speaker 10: Yeah, good evening, teat How are you, critics.
Speaker 3: I'm very well and I would imagine it's a fairly festive atmosphere where you might be it Right.
Speaker 10: Now, I'm about one hundred yards from the main stage here in the the presentation is just starting, so maybe we can make this fast.
Speaker 3: We will make it really fast. So tell me what the what's the razine contribution to this? It's the coating the boat.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we've been involved with Emra's Team New Zealand for twenty five years classes their coating supplier and Emma's Team New Zealand have chosen our product, Durapox for many, many years, but especially so in the last few years where the foiling technology is kicked off and as you can imagine, at speeds of approaching one hundred klometers per hour or more, there's a lot of pressure on those foils. They've found that the Durapox is the only product that can withstand it. In fact, I was talking to some of our distributors here in Europe over the last few days and we think Durapox is on every single boat that has challenged the Cup this year.
Speaker 3: Wow, well, how's that for an endorsement.
Speaker 10: New Zealand Company.
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And in terms of like, is that a special development of that product for this application or is this a product that back in New Zealand you can go and order it and apply it in the right situation.
Speaker 10: This is no, it's a commercial product in the beyond and we sell it all over the world now. But there is there has been a development for the foil, of course, acularly because because that was a bit out of bit out of left field, the pressure and so forth that they were exerted on. So but it is a product that we developed here some twenty years ago and it's still being fine tuned and improved every every year for the marine industry and the carbon fiber fiber industry.
Speaker 3: Because I guess from an outsider's point of view, we tend to regard water as somehow quite benign. But as you say, if you're hurtling through it, it speeds approaching one hundred kilometers an hour, and you've got all the way to that boat sitting on those foils. Those foils want to cut through the water as efficiently as possible. The coating suddenly gets under enormous pressure.
Speaker 10: Enormous pressure, and I've had varying levels of what that pressure is. I don't think anyone can really tell us, but it is just an incredible amount of pressure and the friction that comes with that. So, yeah, jurapox has really found its niche in this industry. And talking to our distributors over here again over the last few days, we're finding that the opportunity in Europe for us with this product is just growing and growing, and particularly on the back of what's going on with this technology with the America's Cup.
Speaker 3: I'm going to let you enjoy the celebrations. I think it's hard fought and well deserved and thank you for your contribution to it as well.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Peter. Fantastic for New Zealand to be involved in it. Absolutely, I think from our point of view, everyone in New Zealand should be incredibly proud of what this team has achieved for us as a country because, as you said a Newer Intro, it's an incredible achievement to get the three peet and to be one of four countries that have that have ever won the Cup and it's one hundred and fifty four years or one hundred and sixty four years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a magnificent achievement. Really appreciate you taking the time, enjoy the celebrations and safe travels.
Speaker 10: Thanks take to you now look forward to.
Speaker 3: Take care by your news. Talk seed B. That's Richard Muirhead from Razine Automotive and Light Industrial and I got in touch with him because it mate put me on to the fact that Hey, look, it's actually Razine Products that is the coating around the boats has been for a number of years and a small, well maybe significant contributor to the success of Emirates Team New Zealand and Barcelona and defending their ownership they're holding of the America's Cup. In twenty twenty four, your News Talk Seed B will take your calls and we will be talking specifically about painting, maybe not something as high tech as trying to paint your America's Cup boat in the next hour, but if you've got a painting project coming up and you need specific advice from our painting experts, then text me now nine to nine two and Bryce McDermott, our painting expert from Razine, will be with us at around seven thirty this morning. But right now we're talking all things building. If you've got a question a maintenance one, hardware, hinges, maintenance repairs, alterations, new builds, products, trades people, get in the right trades person. Eight hundred eighty ten eighty is the number to call call us now your News Talk, said B. If you've got a question of a building nature, then we've got a couple of spell lines for you right now. Eight hundred eighty ten eighty. You can also text through any questions nine to nine two, and if you'd like to send me an email, I've got back into the system. You can email me. It's Pete at Newstalk SEDB dot co dot nz. So Pete at NEWSTALKSEDB dot co dot nz. If you want to send through pictures or something like that, which you can't do on the text machine. I know we can text pictures typically between phones, but that doesn't work when you're trying to send them in to me via the nine two nine two. But your texts are more than welcome. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty, though, is the number to call. We always get a bit busy towards the end of the show, so if you've got a question, now is a very very good time to phone through. Eight hundred eighty ten eighty is that number to call. A couple more comments that have come in on the text Claire, there was rather baffling one. I hadn't watched the America's Cup and was lying on you not to say anything. We're a news station. What else do you think we're going to do? Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty is that number to call. And common problem apparently take the pin out replaced from the bottom. I'm not such about replacing it from the bottom. I think you just drive it in from the top. But a little bit of lubricant that means that it just doesn't bind and work its way upwards as it as you open and close the door. The reason we got on to talking about that was was thinking, as always about repairs and maintenance, and as I was leaving the house earlier this morning, an hour or so ago, the we've got an old door, old hinges every now and then they need a little bit of lubricant to stop them squeaking, and I haven't done that for a little while. And so as I'm trying to close the door quietly this morning, there is not a terribly loud squeaking sound, but it was. It was there. So that's another job on the list later on today, after I've finished the jobs that I started yesterday but I didn't get quite finished, which are sort of the same jobs that I started on Friday, but realize that they're going to take me a little bit longer. So this is the nature of looking after your own property. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty. If you'd like to call, we'll take your calls right now, Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty back in a month your news talks. The'd be lines are open. The number of call, Oh, eight hundred eighty ten eighty. Hello June, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Now I'll try and explain it. I have a pump on my lawn because I've got a very wet back section, and it pumps the water off my sections onto the street. I have a down pipe off my house between the two bedrooms. My neighbor next door has a down pipe off his garage his water. His downpipe comes across my place, joins up with my lot, and goes out onto the street. Now, this year, with all the heavy rain we've had, my pump doesn't seem to be able to cope with all of that water, and I've been having a great big puddle on my backyard. How do I tell him to disconnect with down pipe?
Speaker 3: Can I just ask? Are your two properties joined together?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 12: They're not. No, I have a big sense between his property and mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, and the distance let's say, from the wooden fence to the garage and then the distance from the wooden fence to your house is how much roughly.
Speaker 12: The distance between I'm in the bedroom now, I just wanted to hear me exactly. My place in the garage would be about three meters, okay, and then his down pipe would be from the fence to his place about a meter. He did when I first shifted in. The down pipe wasn't always used to fall down, and the water that fell off that refused to keep me awake all night. I said, yes, I said to him, can you connect it now? It's having trouble with the neighbor on the other side as well, with water off his property running over there. Okay, is a pain in the bars.
Speaker 3: So and your properties are not joined. It's not a cross lea situation. You're on your own title. They are on their.
Speaker 12: Own time, my own rights.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Look, I mean to be fair. If it was me, I just let go up to the fence and cut the downpipe off and turn it round and just poke it back onto his property. I know that we'll eventually.
Speaker 12: End up the ground though it's dug. It's on the ground. He's got underground, so he must have done all that. When some other person was here or when the house was first built.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm wondering whether it may well be possible that in order to the storm water, the public stormwater line might be one of those ones that runs, you know, across your property and goes through a number of properties. Right, so everyone should connect into it on their own property. You shouldn't. I don't think you should be able to connect your stormwater via another neighbor's property into it.
Speaker 12: It runs out my lot and off my roof and off my property with this pump thing I've got on, it runs along along the fence line on my side and out onto the guttering, out into the out into the gut you know the gas because I watch it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I watch it.
Speaker 12: It runs out there.
Speaker 3: I am still kind of trying to get my head around how this might all work. But the simple, the simple factor is there. The neighbors stormwater should be controlled on their property. It shouldn't have come.
Speaker 12: Everybody tells me, yes, yes, yes. They also people say to me, he's self aloud, there.
Speaker 3: You can't drag your stormwater across into your neighbors and attach it to that connection there. I mean, how do you go about solving that I suppose in.
Speaker 12: The end about telling him, well, it becomes.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing, actually, that'll be a great question to ask, because in the next couple of weeks we've got a gentleman by the name of Ben Johnson who's going to join me, and he's actually a lawyer specializing in property law, and we were going to be talking about the Fencing Act and those sorts of things. But I might be able to get that into the question as well. So you know, like, you have rights to your land right, that's the whole point of being a homeowner. And so the only way that someone gets to interfere with those rights in terms of putting services in is if they get an easement right and it's registered on the title, to say, hey, look to get access to storm water, wastewater, electricity, telecoms or something like that, I have to intersect or I have to cross over your property, but it's registered on the title. Typically, so I would think that a letter informing them that in fact, the situation is no longer acceptable, that they have to control their own storm water, and then saying to them, you've got fourteen days to comply with this, at which time I'm going to get a drain layer to come or a plumber to come and disconnect your stormwater, and that if you don't make your own connection, it then becomes an issue for the local council to deal with because there is a requirement in urban settings right for every property to control their own stormwater.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they've got it. They've got a concrete path up the drive behind the fence. They've got a concrete path, so they'd have to rub it under that concrete path. They're having to be fair. On the other side, he had a going the fact that.
Speaker 3: It's going to be difficult for them is not actually your problem.
Speaker 10: So that's true, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: I know we all.
Speaker 3: Tend to be we all tend to be considerate, and we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But in this instance here, what they've done is incorrect, or whoever allowed them to do it shouldn't have allowed them to do it. It's their responsibility to control their own storm water. And an instance is where people don't control storm water off their own property. You can go to the council and sort of go, hey, look this has become a nuisance. I think there's something wrong with their stormwater system.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much in you way.
Speaker 3: But look, it's never easy confronting a neighbor and having those conversations. But if it's causing disruption to you, then I think you do need to say something. Yeah, I know, I know, it's not an easy one. All the best of you, do you take care? All right? Then? Now on this can I seek your advice if you're a particularly if you're involved in drain laying or plumbing. Very briefly, it was a conversation I had while sitting at a cafe yesterday with a mate who lives up the road. They have a driveway that slopes down to the basement garage right, So at the bottom of that they have a catch pit with a pump in it. Because the stormwater then is below the level of the council stormwater line, so water that collects into that chamber has to be pumped, doubt and that's regardless of the level of rainfall. No water will escape from the pump from the chamber without the pump, so the pump's pretty important. When the pump failed during that heavy rain last year, they got the basement flooded, right, So the pump is really important. The question is is there like a ups an uninterrupted power supply system that you can get as a backup, because in the event that heavy rain occurs at the same time as the power goes off, likely the flooding is going to occur. So is there a setup where you can add a generator or a battery supply that will automatically turn on in the event of a power cut. I'm going to investigate on and do a bit of reading and research. But if someone's already thought about this and got a solution, feel free to either give me a call or a text. That'd be awesome. Eight hundred and eighty ten eighty is that number to call, get a bigger pump and make them pay for it. I don't know if that's a great solution. I appreciate the text, but I'm not sure that's a in able solution. Eight hundred eighty ten eighty ten away from seven oh and good morning, Good morning, Good morning, sir.
Speaker 13: I've got I've got a double being a question on the same topic. One is if you've got home. At one stage you talked about Taylor Facio, and there's another company.
Speaker 3: Who does custom pasure as well.
Speaker 13: Of concealed What was the other one?
Speaker 3: Sorry, custom, so have a look for customer on you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they do a replacement system for concealed guttering. Yes, and one of those seemed like a good idea at the time. Things that can sell guttering.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I've always been a bit skeptical about it, even back in the day, when you know, it seemed like every house in a new subdivision was getting them. I was like, no, I don't know.
Speaker 13: Yeah anyway, Yes, but with my place, I've made it just the right words. So if you try and get your hand in there to them and clear them in the nice sharp.
Speaker 3: Edge, yeah, it cuts you the shreds.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 13: Anyway, what I wondered is to do that kind of change, do you need a permit? That's the first part of the question. The other part of the question is, sorry, I will let you answer that.
Speaker 3: I think in a word, i'd say no, I don't. I don't see why. I mean, typically things that impact on weather tightness and that do require consent. But I think that making a change from a concealed spouting to an external one with a system, you know, like the I know that the custom guys have have developed a system that works. It has well. In fact, it's a benefit in terms of weather tightness because we know that those things leak and have caused moisture ingress. So no, I don't think you need a building consent for that.
Speaker 13: Oh got on. And the other thing is, well, I the idea of prevention rather than cure. I wondered if it was because we don't have a leg problem at the moment. It seems in good neck virvis is sooner or later everything suffed out. And well, I wondered if it was possible to put in a Yeah, maybe not, but no, but you know what I mean, put in put in an improving because then it only has to the existing guttering only has to act as a foundation for it rather than a water trap.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And look, I think the problem sometimes with some of those ones that have caused issues has been that often the interior gutter that was put in behind the concealed facia or yeah, was often laid almost dead flat, right, and you're always kind of asking for trouble, I think if you do your spouting dead flat. So if and also sometimes there were not that many outlets, so again, in heavy rain, the volume of water that was getting out through the downpipe was insufficient, and so they would tend to overtop and then they would overflow, sometimes at the back of the spouting rather than at the front of the spouting and out onto the ground. Now, if you don't have any of those problems, then yeah, I can see the attraction of going Actually, what about if I do some really good prep on the inside and apply like a coating or a lining to it, that will extend it out.
Speaker 13: Many suggestions on the on the different approaches it could be used there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, I've done some stuff with a product called EPM sixty or during one nine to five. And again I'm not I'm not suggesting either of those two brush on applications will be a permanent solution, but I have applied it to internal gutters where I've just wanted to get an extra couple of years out of it, you know, for example. And so in that sense, it might be if you can get in there. Often with these things, it's the difficulty of getting in, you know, with a wire brush and then with a vacuum to clean it out, and then applying the coating and so on. There's not a lot of gap in there for maintenance, anything.
Speaker 13: You could heat and torturing, or a molding that could play.
Speaker 3: Some h not that I know. I mean, there are obviously torch on membranes and TPOs and things like that, but you know, applying them in a way that does the job become that difficult that you're unlikely to get a good seal on it, in which case it kind of defeats the purpose. I think a brush on application, just because of the complexity of getting in there, the difficulty of access, is probably going to be the best solution.
Speaker 9: But you know, there was.
Speaker 3: Also to be fair to these sorts of systems. Sometimes they fail because people don't maintain them, and arguably they're difficult to maintain because they're difficult to access, and so we tend to ignore them. But I think if you've got a system that's still working and you continue to maintain it, then partly leave well enough alone, because you know it wouldn't be a cheap exercise to remove all of that and replace it with an exterior spouting No, was.
Speaker 13: That EPN like November or no?
Speaker 3: EPM Mary, what's what's military for?
Speaker 13: M Mike?
Speaker 3: I think Mike, Okay, yeah, Echo Papa Mike sixty. There you go. All right, mate, all the very best to you, Take care, all the best, take care of your newsok CB. We're coming up to news top of the r at six o'clock. We'll talk to Mary straight after the news at around seven thirty. We will have our razine painting expert Brice McDermott joining us from seven thirty this morning. After eight o'clock, our solar expert Marlon Johnson from Life Force Sola will be joining me. So if you've got any specific questions about solar, about maybe batteries, about generation, about reply and the other thing we talked about is some of these eco loans that are available. So we'll talk all things Sola with Marlon from Life Force Sola after eight o'clock this morning, back after the news. Righty, oh, good morning, Welcome back to the program. Pete wolf Camp, the Resident Builder, with you here on the Resident Builder on Sunday. If you've got a building question, a maintenance question, a product question, a subcontract a question, maybe even a nabally type question. Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty is the number to call. Trust You've had a good week, looking forward to your calls your conversation. Remember, at around seven thirty this morning, we'll grab Bryce McDermott from Razine Color Shops and here is our painting expert. If you've got a specific painting question, then text it through right now to nine to nine two and I can put those to Bryce when he joins us at seven point thirty in the next hour of the program. Marlon Johnson from Life Force Solar, who are our sponsors, obviously he will be joining us. We had Marlon on the show a couple of weeks ago just to sort of do a basic introduction into Solo, but it's surprisingly complex and there's a lot more to it. So I thought, right, we'll get them back on the show and if you've got any specific questions about Solar, and to be fair, I had some. I had a chat with them this week and I found out that I had a whole series of assumptions around Solar and around batteries that were not quite fully formed. Let's say I'm being kind to myself, so we're going to talk about batteries solar, the connection between the two, how they link together. Are they are so intertwined that you I had basically come up with this idea that you to make use of it, you really needed to have battery. Turns out that that's not quite completely true, So we'll talk about that. But if you've got any specific, any specific solar questions, feel free to text those through now as well, because Marlon, our expert on that, is going to join us after eight o'clock. So it's a busy old morning. Take the opportunity to jump in now, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty if you've got any questions. I mentioned just before the news about this particular dilemma that I happen to be chatting with a mate who lives up the road about yesterday. We're sitting at the cafe and coffee wanders over and he goes, oh, can I talk to you about this? Yeah, of course, no problem at all. So an issue with a pump or no, no problem with the pump. Pump works fine. It's in a chamber. It catches the water that comes down from the driveway, but that is below the level of the invert for the stormwater mainz right, So it has to be pumped from the chamber to get into the council stormwater line. So someone said, what about a bubble up sump, and I had a quick look just to refresh myself as to what they are. Well, that wouldn't work because when it bubbles over, it's going to bubble over and go straight in the garret. So that's not an option. It's got to be a solution for when the pump if there's a power cut, how do you keep the pump running? Is are there batteries or generators that you can hook up specifically to the pump. If you've got a solution, feel free to text it through. I w eight hundred eighty ten eighty. Otherwise I'll continue to answer your questions rather than ask them. I wait hundred eighty ten eighties the number to call Mary A very good morning.
Speaker 14: Oh, good morning, Pete, Hey Mary Scott query. I was looking into the shower dough yes to put in the bathroom to help keep keep steam down. But I wonder if the regulations have changed a tool on extractor fans for bathrooms, because in their advertising it says there's no need for an extractor fan, and I thought you had to have one in your bathrooms.
Speaker 3: To the best of my knowledge, certainly the building code requires extraction from bathrooms and from wet areas increasingly, right, So, and I I'm not sure if you submitted a building consent and said this is going to be my solution, whether it would be accept to counsel or to a territorial authority as part of a building consent application. So typically we install extraction in bathrooms to deal with moisture. That's the common way, and that is approved by counsel.
Speaker 14: So I can see how it would suppress it. But the steam's still got to go somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think the theory behind them is that essentially it becomes condensation and drains down the inside of the shower and into the waste, and in that sense it's a neat solution. I would have to do some more research to see whether or not that would suffice for building consent, But I think in all the bathrooms I've done, we've installed extraction. We had Storm Harpen, a ventilation expert, on the show a couple of weeks ago, and I intend to get her back as well. She had some great advice on ventilation and extraction and so on. I think a good solution is getting it out. So if you've got bathroom, I would always go for extraction. Yeah, okay, then you know, and maybe do both of them.
Speaker 14: But yeah, extraction to me, it just doesn't seem totally right.
Speaker 11: Hey.
Speaker 3: Look, the people that I know who have that I've spoken with have got them swear by them, right. Yeah, So in that sense there's there's a real efficacy about them. But in terms of compliance, I'm not sure. Okay, I can find it. I will find out. There we go. I'll add that to another nice of you to take care of. Bye by then, Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty is that number to call Tanya A very good morning to you.
Speaker 14: Oh, good morning. Deep.
Speaker 6: I've got mold on my Queen led.
Speaker 7: Dick and I've used lissons to get and hit the deck, which hasn't worked in removing them mold. Could I use a light water blood?
Speaker 3: Be very careful, I know, seriously, And to be fair, it was on my list to do some water blasting yesterday of concrete paths. I wasn't going to water blast any timber yesterday. I just didn't get round to it. I big fan of water blasting, but I prefer to call it pressure washing, right, So there's a role for the water blasting it is not going two thousand psi at two and a half inches above the timber, ripping through all of the fibers, right, which is what I saw someone do the other day. And it looks great today, you know, it looks bright and all the rest of it. But the damage to the fiber is now permanent. Right, So look, I think, yeah, I've used the wit and forget the had the deck right, and had quite good of results from it. Right, So I wonder whether another application of that might help. And certainly applying like applying a proprietary deck wash solution is far more effective than not applying a solution. So just hitting it with water blast or hitting it with a scrubbing brush is not as effective as treating it. So that's definitely the way to go, whether or not you might have to do too. And then the other question is if what you're going to do is just clean the deck and then wait for the mold to reappear, you might want to start looking at well, if I clean the deck, let it dry thoroughly, do I apply a coating to it, maybe like a penetrating oil stain that will help resist some of that mold growth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do want to stain it.
Speaker 7: There's a stain on there at the moment, but just needs restain there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now it's the other thing, and I'm sort of straying into Bryce's territory here, but one of the things that I have learned from both Bryce and Jay our razine experts is whatever system you've got, you kind of have to stick with it. So, you know, if it's a waterborne stain, then stick with water born. If it's an oil based stain, stick with oil base. And if you if you're unsure about what system was already there, do a little bit of testing to make sure that you don't run into incompatibility issues.
Speaker 4: Yep, understand what you're saying. Yep, I've got that.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what it is. Okay, then it's fine. Yeah, maybe just another application of the cleaner and certainly rinse off with a water blaster. But either if you've got the function to dial down the temp the pressure of them, or just you know, come back a little bit further understand Yeah, little alrighty all the best take care. By then, oh eight one hundred and eighty ten eight, you've got time for a couple of calls before we talk to Bryce, our painting expert, at six seven thirty this morning. It is currently just after seven point fifteen here in New Storks. The b a couple of texts through. I'll give them some good painting questions, which is awesome, so send those through for Bryce. Someone has steps through to say shower domes do not meet the Healthy Home standards and you still require extra when renting. I thought that would have been the case because it's quite clear in the Healthy Home Standards this is for residential tendencies that you now must have extraction from bathrooms and of course you have to have extraction from ventilation into kitchens as well. So thanks very much for that. And with regard to my question, I was looking for an uninterrupted power supplier a UPS, so you get a battery bank that will automatically change over when the powers interrupted. This is if you've got a in this instance a chamber that collects a bit of storm water but also groundwater. Will surface water drops into a chamber in front of a basement area. The only way to get rid of the water from there is via the pump. So even if it was a bubble up one, that's not useful. So can you get a system whereby if you get heavy rain and a power cut, which, to be fair, is not unlikely that you've got a dedicated power source for that, that will change over automatically. And I mean automatically too. If you weren't home, would it change over? And apparently they're out there. If anyone happens to have an name, that would be even more helpful. Oh, eight hundred eighty eighty is the number to call Fred A very good morning to you.
Speaker 11: Oh, good morning, So Fred might be a a week question.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, ask it first.
Speaker 11: We've got a shower which backs onto the hall, and I'm getting a little bit of water back into the carpet in the hall.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 11: The house is about twenty five years old, so I don't know where they where. Your ceilings for showers was strong in those days. That is what it does now. It doesn't appear to be any obvious from the grouting from the inside. The shower looks.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, twenty five years ago. Is it a fully tiled shower, so the floor and the walls are all tiled. Do the tiles extend outside of the shower and onto the walls?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: Okay? And is there a. Is it level entry or is there a hob like a little upstand that you step over?
Speaker 11: There's an upstand.
Speaker 3: There is an upstand. Okay. Is the mixer or the shower rose itself on the wall where you're seeing the leak.
Speaker 11: No, it's on the opposite wall.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right. The reason I asked that is sometimes you know, the leak can actually come from the fittings, in which case it'll be draining down through the wall cavity and you'll see it on that side because the waterproofing is stopping it going into the shower in this case, and it's pointing it the other way. And I presume that the leaking or the moisture that you're seeing is around the skirting line. So it's at the bottom, yeah, yeah, yeah, yep. Concrete floor, timber floor, concrete floor. Right, So it's not like you can get under and have a look.
Speaker 11: No difficult.
Speaker 3: I think if it's obvious, and given that you've seen it, let's assume that it is. I wonder whether the first thing you're probably going to have to do is cut a section out of the plaster board on the hallway side and have a look inside, and that'll because in the end, you know, if you have to do a repair there, it's not actually that hard to repair plaster board, but it'll give you an idea of what's happening. I suspect, knowing what I know and having done waterproofing twenty five years ago, it's some systems were good. Many systems were not as good as what we've got today. And so I do wonder whether there's been either some movement and some tearing in the junctions, particularly often ninety degree corners, or around the shower waste itself, if that's not particularly well sealed. When you have a shower, does the water go out through the waste quickly?
Speaker 11: Well, it's not not a shower I personally use very much.
Speaker 3: But right, okay, from.
Speaker 11: What I remember when I did use it, it was okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, went away quickly. Okay, Look, I think Fred unfortunately, I would probably cut a hole in the plaster board so that I can see what's happening there and then go from there. And you know, if it is a case that yes, it's obviously leaking through. You know, when you have a shower, the water is going through the tiles, through the groud, through the waterproofing and coming out underneath the bottom plate and into the hallway. Then it's going to be a strip out of the shower and a complete replacement. There's there's no easy repair to that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So so if you went the whole hog replacement, would would you retile and that sort of thing or would you go for the cubicle showers.
Speaker 3: Look, there's no reason that you shouldn't retile it, like, if that's your preference, then, but you'd have to do it to today's building coat, so the substrate might be slightly different. Certainly, the waterproofing systems have improved dramatically, whether that's a peel and stick type system, so a membrane type system or a brush on waterproofing system. But today, you know, we often put bond breakers in and tapes and those sorts of things that we might not have done twenty five years ago. And then but chances are when you take the tiles off, it'll damage the waterproofing. Waterproofing's already failed, so you got to take the waterproofing off. You won't get the waterproofing off without replacing the substrate. So in that shower area and probably for quite a distance beyond you'll be pulling it right off back to the beer framing and starting again and building up from there.
Speaker 11: So yes, stupid question. On a substraate, Oh.
Speaker 3: Substrate is just a term that we have for the layer underneath the waterproofing. So in some cases it might be a fiber cement sheet is an option, and other cases you can use specific types of plaster board are options and they are the substrate for the waterproofing. So again it depends a little bit. Today there are other options as well where you've actually got wall linings that are the waterproofing system. Now that might that might actually work as a substitution. So there's there's specific boards that are available. I think probably your next step after investigating, and that might be a job for a plumber or possibly a tiler would come and have a look, or an experienced LBP would be to then you know, talk to someone and get them to facilitate the coordination of all of those trades. Yeah, and bathrooms are complicated because there's so much happening in a small area. You know, typically if you think about doing some work on a bedroom, you know, if you strip it out, you've got a carpenter comes in strips, the wall lining out, replaces the wall lining, does the trims, stopping and painting. Right. But in a bathroom, suddenly you've got you know, tyler, waterproofer, carpenter, plumber, glass installer. That's why bathrooms are expensive because there's so many subtraits involved.
Speaker 11: M well, sorry, it's well.
Speaker 3: I can tell you one thing with les, they never get better on their own. Yeah, very good, all right, good luck with that. But a bit of investigation is the first step. Yeah, all the very best. You take care for them. Let me see I need, I need to take a break. Let's do that, and then we'll have a chat with Daniel back in a moment a year with news talks there we're talking all things building. Daniel, Good morning to you. I have a game mate, not too bad in yourself.
Speaker 15: No, good, good. I just had a quick question. Sure the council like they they wrung me up and the next door neighbor had been flooding, and they were like, oh, can we put a pipe running straight through the back of your section and you know, to get rid of their water. And I said, oh, you know, that's fine. That was just on a phone call. And then and now they've just I've just noticed that there's there's a manhole in the back of the section, you know, right, yeah, And I don't know what to do about because I never signed anything, or I was just wondering sort of how will you go about that?
Speaker 3: I have to say it sounds a little bit unusual that just verbally, like on a phone call, council would say, hey, look, can we come and extend the public storm water through your property and to your neighbor because obviously did they rock up there with diggers and rip open a trench lay and pipe and all that sort of thing, or did they thrust it through.
Speaker 15: Most of I was never there because it was a rental property, right okay, And the people have moved out, And now I've just noticed that there's a dirty, great big manhole there, you know.
Speaker 3: And that manhole is that there to allow your stormwater to connect to the new Like where was your storm water going?
Speaker 15: Well, my stormwater was already there was already one going straight through my property from the man hole above their property, right okay, So since they like their man hole was always like blowing out and all the water was rushing down and flooding this other place. And then so they must have put a pipe from down there somewhere and right and shot it across. But now there's a manhole right in the back of my.
Speaker 3: Section, which I mean.
Speaker 15: We would I would have thought there there would have been, you know, something there. We would have awad to sign and plans. I would have seen them to be fair.
Speaker 3: That's the bit that I'm a little bit perplexed by, right that, like, there must have been even even for them to go and get the work done, they would have had to have drawn a plan, submit it and given it to their contractors in order to follow. You don't just ring the contractor and say, hey, look, just pop round to Daniel's place there, rip up the back law and throw in some pipe, whacking a manhole while you're there, and you guys just do what you feel like doing. So there's got to be a bit of a paper trail. I think in the first instance, I would probably go back to counsel and go, look, I'm the property owner of such and such a property DP number Da Da da da da. Can you please send me a copy of the plans that consent or the authority to do the work and an as belt for my records? Right, because you've obviously entered my property to do this work. See what their response is. I mean, if they don't have a response to that, that would be quite interesting. But I would start there.
Speaker 15: Yeah. I did go to the council and then the body of the city council one and then they said, oh, I know, there's not something we would have done that there would have been well Into Water okay, And yeah, they sent something through to them and said that they'll get hold of me and and they sent an email. But I've tried getting hold of them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, I can understand the frustration. I think in this instance, if it is Wellington Water acting sort of as the authority in the area, I would still have thought that they would have needed permission to enter the property and there would there should be a paper trail, right, So I'd start with them. I can imagine that it might not be that easy, but you're just going to be persistent and get a paper trail and get an ass built. Ideally, if it's a public line that runs through your property, I would ask for a copy of the cc CCTV survey that they should have done at the end of it to show that it works. Properly, and yeah, there's got to be a paper trail.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, it's just everyone. I'm talking to them. No one knows nothing, you know, and you know, and they put you onto someone else and then they know nothing.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 15: Bar want to gone?
Speaker 13: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know that you'll have much luck in getting it gone. And I raised an issue a couple of weeks ago where I'd read an article online about a guy who kind of was a bit upset and a bit you know, perplexed as to how this manhole suddenly appeared in his driveway right outside his front door. And it was a development across the road where they thrust a new storm water line underneath the road, underneath his driveway or shared driveway to make a connection to a public stormwater line, and then installed, as they often do, a manhole at that point for maintenance purposes, right, And I think he had little to know ability to prevent that from happening. So I think in these instances where it's a public good, let's say, counsel could possibly override your individual rights. Again, great question to ask our property guy, who's going to join me in a few weeks time. Got a specialist public property lawyer coming on the show, so I'll add that to my lot increasingly growing list of questions to ask him. But I think in your instance, none of this could have happened without there being some paper trail. So it's just a question now of going, hey, I need answers for this. The other thing is if you're not getting answers from the bureaucrats right the people at Wellington Water, is to go to your local board representative and go, hey, here's a good issue for you. Can you give some heft Given that we've all got local body elections happening next year, you'll tend to find that you get a decent response from them. So try Wellington Water tray your local board representative, and I'm pretty curious to be honestandiel, So if you get some answers, give us a call back in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, because when when when I when I was talking to them and I said, oh, yeah, it's okay, I said, but I want to I want to build down there at some stage.
Speaker 3: So they've got afore you in which case now you have to bridge over it. So that's not easy.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but but I said to them, as long as you know, as long as it doesn't you know, you know, you're given the way of what I'm trying to do, and it.
Speaker 3: Will be now, and you don't want to go through the expense of changing it, so suddenly you'll be bridging it. Oh yeah, get onto council and let us know how you get.
Speaker 15: On Yet thinking alright, you.
Speaker 3: Take court care all the best by way. Um, someone's text through and said, if it was a rental property, I bet you they dealt with the tenants thinking they were the owners. It's possible, but you'd also look at that and go, crikey, that's that's pretty poor administration if you don't. Actually, I mean, how long would it take to figure out who the actual legal owner of the property is a couple of minutes with the records that they've got. I mean, Daniel's paying the rates. You think you'd give him a call, but he's not there. It could be the landlord's permission to the owners pipe through our question who pays on our section? That's a big ouch. That's a good question. Oh eight one hundred and eighty ten eighty. Well, we'll put that on hold for a minute because we'll take your text questions for our painting expert Bryce McDermott from regularly contributed to the show. Always great to have him on. He's going to join me in just a moment straight after the break. If you've got some specific painting question. Nine to nine two zid BZB is the text number for you right now. You when you talk, there be people of camp with you and our painting expert Bryce from Razine A very good morning, sir.
Speaker 7: Good morning, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Good? And we talked to one of your colleagues earlier on, Richard Meurehead, who does the automotive and light industrial stuff, so he's up in Barcelona. Because it seems like the secret sauce for the for the Kiwi's has been the razine coating. It makes it all go faster.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's exactly sure. What the coating is.
Speaker 3: Dura box Apparently, whatever it is, it's worked, it's worked. Theah absolutely. Hey, as it happens, one of our earlier callers was saying, look, I've had a go at cleaning some moss and mold off my queeler deck and now I'm thinking about water blasting, at which time I sort of went, oh, I'm not sure about the water blasting. So if we are cleaning our decks, and it's pretty much that time. I bumped into another guy yesterday we're down at the food trucks, and I said, what you've been up to? He says, I've just finished coating the deck, done all the cleaning, getting it all ready for summer. So it's the season, right, If we're cleaning our decks, what do we do.
Speaker 7: Well, We've got a product called Timber and Deck Wash, yep. And you apply that with a garden spray or something like that and basically scrub it as well, you know, as roughly as you possibly can with a stiff nylon bristle broom, and it will basically render the deck ready to accept stain. The material actually opens up the timber fibers and allows the timber to readily accept some more stain. Yes, it also removes old stained residue as well, and then you're basically ready to go. If it's moss and mold there as well, you could probably use it in conjunction with moss and mold killer, but not at the same time. But yeah, it gets timber quite quite clean. There's a good video on YouTube that we've done called how to clean your deck with wrist and stain with Zum decking oil stack and it shows you graphically how good this material is without wanting your listeners to abandon you.
Speaker 3: No, I agree. If you need some online content, check it out. It's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, physically actually seeing the material in action, it is quite a good thing. I watched it on Friday and I said, I mention that absolutely.
Speaker 3: Is this the one that features our co collaborator on this jay he's out there doing No, it's another one.
Speaker 7: I think it's brilliant. I think it's somebody from Wellington perhaps who was doing it. They never showed their face. Awesome, but you know it's well worth the look and it just shows you how good this stuff is.
Speaker 3: Tips and tricks okay, and the product is timber and deck wash. Yes, okay, all right, now here we go. First text in good morning. My deck has had the full water blast treatment. It's not great now, very black and mildewy. Any tips on recovery. So in this instance here they've cleaned it. The mold growth has come back. So for Sarah, it's a case of timber and deckwash, stiff broom agitate rintse.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you actually leave the material on the timber for about ten to fifteen minutes, yep. Don't let it dry in that time, to just sort of hang around and retauch it, work it around a bit, you know, scrub and leave it on for fifteen minutes and it should do the trick. If it's still black. You may want to use some moss and mold killer as well, but you do that separately to the timber and deckwish. I'll probably do the mossi mal treatment first, Yes, the the timber and deckwish after that.
Speaker 3: After that everything right. Just in terms of like you made the comment about the timber and deckwash opens up the fiber to make it more readily acceptable of a coating hatten, Like does it need to be dry when you apply the coating? Like how do you determine when is the right time to then start the coating after you finish the washing.
Speaker 7: Well, I would do all your preparation one day, and depending on the weather, the timber should be dry enough to accept stain or whatever coating that you're putting on there the next day. So yeah, if you've got a nice, good drying day, you know, the sun's out, the winds carrying on, you know, like it normally does. You should be able to do it the next day, but you know, use your judgment obviously. If the timber still looks wet, then you know, just make it hold as you see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, brilliant, Thank you, Stephen has taxed through. Hey I've got a forty year old house. I'm planning to paint it, but I have found that the top enamel coat can be separated from the undercoat very easily with a scraper. Is this usual? Do I need to remove the whole top coat to achieve a good job?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's sounds like there's something in this there. It's probably mean to actually strip that material off, you know, take it back to be a timber and start again, because it'll just, you know, it'll just create problems further down the line for you.
Speaker 3: Yep, Because otherwise all you're going to do is apply your new paint to the old paint. The old paint's going to fall off and take the new paint with it.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, and you know, the the new paint as it's drying and during it creates surface tension as well, and you know it can actually right after the old coating is right back to be a timber and the annually way to fix it is tostrip it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. It also hadn't another one interesting one where someone has had some painting done recently and admittedly they've used razine paint, so they've done the sefites. It was painted about three weeks ago. When it's a bit cold or damp, they're seeing bubbles appear, and then as the temperature heats up, the bubbles disappear. What's happening there?
Speaker 7: It could have been applied and you know, too cold or too damp conditions, right, or maybe you know late in the day when you know you're not actually getting proper curing of the paint coating. Yes, so you know, when moisture gets on it and it blisters, there's you know, it says to me that something's gone wrong at the point of our initial application.
Speaker 3: Solutions start again.
Speaker 7: I've seen you know, the whole side of the house blister and then you later on in the day it's all sucked back and looks fine again. You know, It's right. Paint does very odd things sometimes.
Speaker 3: I guess the paint itself holds itself together, but might not stick always to the to the substrate. And that's the preparation issue, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But you know you've got to you've got to allow you know, the paint to do its thing. You know, if it's it's not put on in the right conditions, then it will suffer. So paint too late in the day and it's been pretty cold and wet of late, so which is unus surprising yep. Yeah, So just bear that in mind. You know, as you know I've said in the past, we lifted days cold or if it's you know, there's a bit of moisture around in the year, check your humidity on you on your whether at on your phone yep. And you know, paint between ten and two and everything should be fined. But you make a judgment call at the time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Now, this is a classic what's the best practice when painting old wood grained, hardy plank weatherboards. If you do the sanding, you only end up hitting the high spots, right. So in that instance there where you've got effectively a wood grain or a textured surface to it. Preparation prior to painting for that.
Speaker 7: Ye, well, if the if the paint cating that's there already is in sound condition, and a good scrub down with house washing paint preple get it ready for painting. I mean, you know, yes, you can't really sand it, so the house wash and paint prep. We'll we'll bring that up and you know, nice and clean and get and ready for a new coat of paint. Any beer areas. Just spot that was the good old shore.
Speaker 3: Seal yeap, okay, so sure seal, clean, sure seal and then top coat.
Speaker 6: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Someone has used a five year old water based paint on the inside of a double wardrobe and now it smells slightly of cat We I've redone it with a wall board sealer, but it's still detectable. What to do now? Just before that in terms of you know, I mean, we're we all do this right. We do a job, and then we keep the tin and we keep it under the bench and the workshopper and the garage and all the rest of it, and then we drag it out years later and we go, oh, just use that last. But how do you know when paint's basically gone.
Speaker 6: Off, Well, you'd be able to smell it, right.
Speaker 7: If it's more than five years all depending on how it was stored. I would be viewing it with some caution.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not a good cat.
Speaker 6: I don't think I.
Speaker 7: But you know, I would probably you'd probably have to look at you know, maybe coating it with big mended Zieler and getting a new batch of paint to try and lock at it. M Yeah, okay, so strange things sometimes.
Speaker 3: Sure does Now roof painting, how do you wreck This isn't good news. How do you rectify a ten month old paint job that's bubbled? What causes the bubbling? The house roof is about twenty two years old. It's an old iron trappersoidol. Let's assume that it might have been a color coated product in the first place. It's faded, they've had it repainted. Now it's bubbling.
Speaker 7: So when you say color coated, you mean something.
Speaker 6: Like like color steel like that. Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I mean the only time I've ever seen rufes blister like that is there are previous coatings that are already right that maybe the preparation wasn't that great in the first place. When whoever did it originally didn't do their preparation well and the old coatings are blistering away, So you might want to pop a couple of those blisters and just see how far back that goes, gotcha. Yeah, you might find a couple of layers of paint underneath it. So it depends. But if it's color steel and it hasn't had a coating on it before, if it's bubbling or blistering, then again it could have been affected by weather and temperature, because steel is normally about ten degrees colder than the surrounding atmosphere. So another thing you have to take into account. You know, if you're doing it on a cold day, maybe it's not a good idea.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is if you are painting over something that's already had like color steel or one of those sort of pre finished coatings on it, is that there's a specific primer. Is that right?
Speaker 6: There is?
Speaker 7: The product is called three coated steel primer, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you're thinking about recoating something that's already had a coat or repainting, you need to use that primer to get that bonding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and make sure that you give it a good washdown and just to remove all the lichen and dust and yes, and sold if you're right next to the ocean. Mind you, you know in New Zealand everybody lives right next door to.
Speaker 3: The ocean pretty much.
Speaker 7: Even if you live on Mount Cook. Evidently you can get salt in the atmosphere, right.
Speaker 3: And I think to your comment about allowing enough time for product to dry properly is really important. And I went and had a look at a property the other day and they said, oh, they've just repainted the roof. And I got up on the ladder and there was all us water in the spouting and it was the same color as the roof, so that obviously painted it in a hell of a rush. And then that had some rain and half of it was in the spouting.
Speaker 7: So one of the first things I ever had a look at when I started, you know, being a sales with it, chat brung me. He says, I painted this roof yesterday and now it's all gone, Oh no, yeah, And I, you know, being a bit green, I didn't know what all that was. There was basically the primer and color and the channels of the corrugated iron. It had been hit by dew overnight before it had cured properly, right, and ran down together.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So even if it's not the rain, it's the dew overnight that'll take it off.
Speaker 7: And again the temperature of the metal as well if it was painted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, pace to read the instructions. A.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just what's that you the ad.
Speaker 3: A think about it, think about it for a moment. Very wise words. As always Bryce McDermott, our painting expert from the good people at Razine, Thank you very much for your time this morning. Much appreciated. Take care all of us. By then we'll take a short break. We'll be back with Brian in just a moment. I typically use this music when I think back of someone that I've encountered during the week who's kind of gone above and beyond or helped me out in some way. So I just want to take a moment before the break to shout out to hire Paul to the North Shore branch in particular. So I'm involved in a number of community projects over various over time and that sort of thing, and every now and then I'll sort of reach out to someone that I know and go, hey, look, can you help me out with some materials or some labor or some product or supply something, and so when the local school that I'm involved with needed to separate out the work area repainting the hall from the kids, obviously with their return at the beginning of the week, I went to hire Paul and said, hey, look, can you help out with some sight fencing, which they did, which I thought was pretty damn stunning. So my thanks to them for their support. And this isn't the first time, and to be fair, it probably won't be the last time that I sort of reach out shoulder tap them and say, hey, look can you help me out? Can you be my hero for a day? So thanks to the team out at Highpool for that. The other one is I just want to let you know. Last week on the program we had a call from Rachel, who was a woman who lived in an older bungalow was really worried about the state of the electrics and had been told that there was some risk. I rang my mate Paul, who's an electrical inspector, just to get some advice and to ask whether he knew someone in the area. In the end we chatted for a few months and you said, oh look mate, leave it with me. I'll go and have a lock and I'll go on and sort it out. Give us some advice. So again, Paul from Devenport Electrical. Thanks mate, So thanks to hypoul. Thanks to those guys for helping me out on the show. Your news talk z'd b. It is almost eight o'clock. Well, very good morning, welcome back to the program. Oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty is the number to call for all of your building questions. Where we can take one more call. Then we're going to jump into our expert segment with Marlon Johnson from Life Force Solar. So I had a bit of a chat with Marlon on air, probably a couple of months ago. There were a couple of other issues that we hadn't covered. So we've got him back. He's going to be joining us in just a moment to talk all things solar. If you've got any specific questions around SOLA, maybe a unit that you already have, maybe it's something you're considering as part of an alteration, maybe you're just going to add them in. Feel free to text those questions through Marlon. Our expert will join us in the moment. But Brian, thanks for holding on. A quick question for you.
Speaker 9: Sir, Yeah, quick question was We've got some got some commercial building and outside of there, there's some concrete sort of foundations, you know, coming up out of the ground with still coming out of the top of them. And it's got a sort of a light texture on it, almost like it's been it's sprayed with sand and then and then painted over the top, right, and it it had some blistering, and I popped the because I do a bit of maintenance, so I popped popped the holes on the thing, and some water came out. Now, how the water is getting into those pillars, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: But I did try.
Speaker 9: Painting some of the paint off and repainting it, and that's just removed that that very fine texture that was originally on there. That's uniformly over now you go all the sides of the thing. So I'm just trying to work out what the heck that is.
Speaker 3: What the moisture is, what the texture, No.
Speaker 7: What the texture is?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I can't you know, I've painted the top with a with a decent paint, but unfortunately you can you can see it's quite obvious death the actual the paint that was textured because it was painted over the it's almost like the you know, the cast the cast the concrete supports, and then sprayed it with with sort of like a feedy, grainy sort of sand and let that dry, and then they've painted over the top. So it's got this very fine years.
Speaker 3: I wonder whether you know, if you think back in the day she was we used to do like fiber cement sheet. I mean, this isn't best practice, right, but this is what we used to fiber smentt sheet. Take the joints and then just spray like with a hopper gun a texture coating over it, and then paint over that. And I wonder whether that's what they've done. If the grains are reasonably large, as in sort of three to four millimeters, then typically sorry, they're not. They're smaller than that.
Speaker 9: It's almost like almost like you base your base sand you put under cobblestones.
Speaker 3: When you're doing.
Speaker 6: That sort of size.
Speaker 3: There was a very popular paint system again back in the day called sand. It was like a sand text. Essentially, it's just sand in paint, right, So I would probably do exactly that. Now that you've got a good new surface on, just take some of the same paint that you had add some some grip to it, so maybe some silica sand, quite fine sand, make sure it's really dry, make up a paste and then just paint that on and it'll be your van go moment. Whether you can get it to blend in and look a bit like what was already there. Okay, that will get you somewhere towards making it match.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yep, we'll do that. And before you go, I just wanted to make a cheek comment about last week. I was going to I was going to ring your last week and if you can become a successful builder and run run a building show on a three week apprenticeship, then when then we need to send everyone on the three week alls.
Speaker 3: There was a beauty was it? That was awesome? Caller of the year that guy, Thank you all. You take care. Then right, we're starting to get some text questions, which is awesome around solar because it's one of those things you know, it seems simple, but it is quite complex. And I have to say, for all of the years that I've been involved with building, and I've had some interest in solar because of its you know, eco credential sustainability endurance in terms of resilience and that sort of thing I had I had developed in my own mind a series of assumptions. It was great to actually have a chat with Marlon during the week, and I thought we'd share that conversation with you today around the combination between solar and batteries and how they link together and what the benefits are and so on. So it is my great pleasure to welcome back onto the program the smalling Marlin Johnson from Life for Solar. A very good morning, and thanks for joining us this morning.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Pete. Great to talk to you again as well.
Speaker 3: It's a pleasure, hey, Marlon. So one of the things that we talked quite a bit a couple of probably a few months ago now around solar and some tips and tracks in terms of installation where you can put it, what size panels are, pre wiring, those sorts of things. So one of the other things to talk about is often we're often talking about solar and battery right with the assumption being that will hang on at night time when I might want to watch television, for example, then a battery is quite useful. So just run me through that combination solar and generation and storage effectively.
Speaker 6: Okay, sure, So as you've said, most people assume that you should have a battery when you're getting a solar system because people are using their energy in the evenings, and so there's a couple of things with that, And the main thing would be if you're getting sold with a battery, there's usually a much larger upfront cost, right. And when when you have a battery, you do use it, use the stored energy in the evenings, but you don't, it's not always the most cost effective or the best returnament of investment type of solution, right.
Speaker 3: And that's a really honest appraisal, isn't it, Because if you're adding batteries, batteries typically are expensive. You would be spending five to ten thousand dollars for battery storage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're probably starting more closer to ten and moving up from there just for the battery portion. And so what people will typically do instead of getting batteries go to the boundy soon as well. But what people typically do otherwise is get panels only. And what most companies, what most solar companies will try and do in terms of right sizing a system, will be to generate as much energy as you're using across the year day and night. Right. So let's say you use seven thousand units of power in your home and night. The goal would be to then generate seven thousand, at least seven thousand units on your roof during the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: And the reason for that is if you're over generating in the summer, which you would be in that sort of scenario, if you have that amount of panels, then you would be exporting energy to the grid and getting a credit for it, which will supplement that even usage, right, and will supplement the winter usage as well, if you have enough generation on the roof. So that's how you would go about having the evenings covered without a battery yep, right, and is typically the more cost effective way to do so.
Speaker 3: Okay. So and I mean, taking that sort of financial analysis of the investment, that that's kind of the conclusion that you get. I mean, I think that no one. I mean, I think that batteries can be an enormous advantage, but it shouldn't be. I think in our conversation we kind of got to the place where if you can afford the solar and not the batteries, it shouldn't put you off getting the solar. Yes, that's right, Okay, the generation side of it, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right, because you're still getting a massive benefit.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I would say that.
Speaker 6: The people that go for batteries will typically have more of a use case than just the savings side of it.
Speaker 3: Right, So we're talking resilience. We're talking people that might be isolated and main supply is unreliable, or possibly main supply if you're doing sort of new development, might be prohibitively expensive to bring mainz to the property exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly right. So we find that typically people that are getting battery storage are needing that resilience. Maybe they have water pumps that need to be backed up in the case of an outage. Ye. And then also people as well that just want to have that protection even though they don't experience that many power cuts. But last year, when we had a lot of areas having massive power cuts or for long periods of time, people wanting to just protect themselves against that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean most of us in an urban environment, you can put up with power cut that might last a couple of hours, but if it's a few days, then it's a pretty big issue, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, and usually the people that will typically have there would be a couple of hours you usually had more of their systems running off there, you know, like water septic tanks running off the electricity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and these are critical systems that are part of being able to live comfortably in the house exactly. Yeah, yeah, absolutely. Hey, I've invited people to send through a couple of text questions as well, so I'm starting to get a couple. You never know what you're going to get when you invite people to send in questions. So let's start with this one which I've never thought of before. Can you please comment on how to remove birds nests from under solar panels? Also, is there a tip to preventing birds from nesting under the panels?
Speaker 6: It's a great question. Yeah, So in terms of the removal, I haven't heard of, you know, a specific method to do so it would probably be very carefully. So in terms of preventing it, which I know it doesn't really help if it's already occurred, but in terms of preventing it, there are little skirts that you can put around your panel array and install around the panels in order to not have the birds be able to get under the panels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just in terms of maybe doing that work the underside of the panel. Is there anything sensitive or delicate or that can be broken on the underside of the panel?
Speaker 6: Not typically no, no, okay, so yeah.
Speaker 3: But it also asks the further question, which is typically in terms of maintenance. So if the panels are up there on the roof, what is the preferred or recommended maintenance schedule for panels over time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So panels are pretty static, right, they don't need a huge amount of maintenance, But in terms of cleaning them, it kind of depends where you are in the country. We'd usually recommend once a year to give it a clean. Some places will need less than that, some places will need more. I was in Nelson recently at their trade show down there, and every second person talked to me about the pollen, right that is in Nelson. So that's a huge thing Nelson in terms of pollen that'll get on the panels and if it doesn't rain too often, they'll stick on there. So maybe in Nelson it might be a case of every six to cent a months or something like that instead of every year. Yeah. There are also services around that will do this for you. Yep. If your roof is more a more dangerous one to get up to a ponto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we've this sort of a note of caution. There isn't it. You know, if it's a roof where it's you know, relatively low pitch and you can do so safely, sure, But otherwise I think that work should be left the experts. In terms of cleaning it, is it just water and a soft broom, is it? Can you use a detergent or a cleaner on the surface of a solar panel?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a soft bristle brush and distrushing the quid that kind of thing. Just very very like not to embraces right.
Speaker 3: Certainly no water blasting. We've been talking about work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, definitely it does come up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet it does. Ridio, Marlon, just stay on the line. We're going to take a short break. Marl and our solar expert from Life Force Sola is with me this morning. If you've got a question, I've still got a couple of texts to get to, but feel free to text them through. Who's going to be with us for the next five ten minutes. Are going to take a short break. Be back in a moment thinking about renovating your kitchen. Here's an interesting development. This year sees a new type of kitchen bench top into the market called Imperio. Made of a new layered compound, Imperio offers the texture and durability of stone without the presence of toxic chemicals like silica. It's incredibly tough, singeproof, scratchproof, crackproof, moisture proof and heat resistant up to turn in twenty degrees. Imperio is offered exclusively in New Zealand by O'Brien Group, family owned business have been fitting out Keywi Kitchen since nineteen seventy two. They describe Imperio as a surface for life, an ultra durable bench top designed to stand up to a lifetime of use. Imperio looks the part two. Available in a range of designs. It provides a natural quality finish, making for a stylish centerpiece to your home. Best of all, it's highly affordable option to fit your budget. To see for yourself, check out Imperio imp e ro dot nz dot co dot enz. There you go, Imperio dot co dot Nz. You're with Peak wolf Camp here at Newstalk zedb Marlon is with us just a couple of minutes to go, Marlon, couple of quick questions for you, Um, A couple of people have sort of asking in terms of commercial. So if you you are running a business and you've got warehouse or office space, what are the advantages of solar for a commercial situation one person's takes through in a farming situation for example, Are you starting to see an uptake in commercial applications of solar?
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, definitely seeing more commercial come through as well. And it makes sense right for a lot of businesses, especially if they have a very long term lease, or they are the building that they're operating out of, or the owner of the building is happy with putting solar on the roof. A lot of businesses are operating during some light hours, yeah, you know, and so their main loads are during the day, which can be brought down by the use of solo on the roof. There is a little bit of is there enough roof space for the amount of power needed the type of business, but it's you know, it's still a really good option to reduce some costs.
Speaker 3: Another quick question, I am someone who has sixteen panels already and they actually have Tesla power wall as well. Can do you easily add solar panels and nets in general? If you've got ten and you want to do fourteen, can you do that?
Speaker 6: You can? You can? There's there is a little bit of resistance from solar companies to add panels to other companies, right, right, And that's you know where that sort of comes from is around warranties and guarantees, especially around electrical work. One company does the work on one person's home and then someone else they want someone else to do additional work on their system. That company can't guarantee the work done before, and so adding to it is a liability because they's sort of take on the responsibility of everything else. You know, if they're connecting to the original system, right, it is possible, best usually to go back to the company that did your solar system originally. If that's non an option. You can have a parallel system, right having another one there as well. And I mean some companies will have more appetite to add to an existing system than more than others. Right, So it might be a case of shopping around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now talking about shopping around, because we're only a couple of minutes. One of the things that I found fascinating the other day is I was reading about various banks and I'm not sure whether they all do it, but certainly a number of banks are offering essentially eco loans. Right. So they're saying, if you're doing something to increase the sustainability of your house, you can borrow a certain amount for very low rates. And we're talking like one percent. And I know a couple of people who have taken that up to add, for example, solar to their houses. So is this something that you've encountered as well.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I would say it's like the vast majority of people that get solar presently are taking advantage of these loans. Wow. And so it's most large banks. So you need to check with your mortgage provider if that is one of yours. But basically the different terms three or four of them are three years at one percent for up to eighty thousand dollars for things like solar yep. And then also one of them is five years fifty grand, zero interest. Yeah, and so you need to have a mortgage with the bank, haven't had a certain level of equity, But then it's very cheap lending in order to get something that will further reduce the costs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely right, So that that's with people checking out, Marlon. We've we've got some more texts. Unfortune we run out of time, so I'm going to keep them and I think we'll get you back at some stage. But if people want, if people have got technical questions and they need answers, they can call you guys. Yeah, absolutely, what's the number?
Speaker 6: Got me on the spot there one moment.
Speaker 3: Please, no worries at all.
Speaker 6: I used to have it ingrained in my mind, but that's all right. This one's sick ALRIGHTY one hundred five three seven six five to seven. Alternatively, you can send me an email as well, and then I can direct you in the right place. And that's my name, Marlon M.
Speaker 7: A R.
Speaker 6: L o O N at Lightforce dot com dot Oh brilliant.
Speaker 3: I think your inbox is going to be full shortly. We've got a lot of questions, answer the questions. Really appreciate your time this morning, Marlon. Thank you very much for your time. Take care all of this. So that's Marlin from life Force solo and very generously. If you've got a specific question, he's happy to answer it so, Marlon at lifeforce dot co dot m zaid right, we're going to jump into the garden. The Red Climb passed in just a moment.
Speaker 1: For more from the resident Builder with Peter Wolfcamp, listen live to News Talk said B on Sunday mornings from six, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.