Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Guns Studio and brought to you as always by Export Ultra the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for the third of September.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport.
Speaker 1: Culture says she Alternative commentary Collective on YouTube and hit the subscribe button if you want to watch the YouTube lane. You've just brought something to my attention which I was unaware of. Your boy, Joey Jestnut, Joey jest Nut, Joe Chestnut is what broke in his own record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has broken his own hot dog eating record. Remember how he got banned from the All American hot Dog eating competition because he got sponsored by some vegan products.
Speaker 1: Yes, because it is essentially is it Nathan's and it's a brand of hot dog.
Speaker 3: Yes, he eighty three hot dogs in ten minutes. He basically I think it was a invitation only event against his great rival Kobe Yashi, who I thought was also retired. They've come back, but he says he's done it. The goat eighty three hot dogs in ten minutes. You know how I've got my theory about the Olympics.
Speaker 1: That it's like, the best high jumpers in the world are actually probably playing in the NBA. The fastest sprinters may actually even be playing in the NFL. I think that the best athletes go to where the money is. This might be an exception. I don't think that there's an athlete out there that could eat more than Joe Chestnut or Kobe Ashy.
Speaker 4: Because that's eight dogs a minute.
Speaker 1: Yep, So that's are they regulation dogs? What are we talking? I had ye dog yesterday.
Speaker 4: They're just regulation.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure his ones will be some sort of fake meat ones because he's gone vegan.
Speaker 4: Oh has he?
Speaker 3: Well that's why he's sponsored by a vegan company. That's why he got kicked out of Nathan's.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's sponsored by a vegan company.
Speaker 3: But you know, well, you can't be sponsored by vegan and not be vegan. You at least got to pretend, Oh yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: And if there's any vegan companies out there that want to sponsor us, please get them.
Speaker 4: Get in touch'd on board.
Speaker 1: The worst possible The worst possible ambassador is Joe Chestnut, who has literal records for eating meat.
Speaker 3: But you know it's a great turnaround story for a vegan company. He used to eat the most amount of meat in ten minutes. Now he eats the most amount of fake meat and has diarrhea for a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right, I think. Well, I mean he would have had it for a week beforehand. Anyway, Minim Musicals should sponsor him.
Speaker 4: Pile off the press.
Speaker 1: He could not eat enough vegan hot dogs between now and whenever he inevitably dies to undo the amount of meat that he's eaten.
Speaker 4: In his life.
Speaker 1: Because wasn't he like isn't he like a ten times chip sixteen time champs?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah? The training as well, that's right. You're banging dogs in the training, that's right. So there's no.
Speaker 1: Banging dogs in the training.
Speaker 4: There's no have no gag reflex.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he choose them, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He'd be a great cell mate in prison, good because he choose them, just because he'd have lots of good yarns.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, right, okay, sure you've watched them do today.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, but it's like a hot like yeah.
Speaker 1: But except that it's not. He choose them, right, So I understand were you trying to get to all.
Speaker 4: I'm saying is he's not gagging on any of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right O, I see who you're getting to. The Bood of the Year voting is open. This is something that I know is pigged. You're interested in the past it has Are you weighing in in any particular direction this year?
Speaker 3: Well about eight years ago, we did a campaign before you know the likes of John Oliver thought it was cool.
Speaker 4: We we went all in on the bin chicken, the seagull, yeah, the black billed seagull, black big bill. Yeah. And because we went the beIN chicken's got to win. It was up against all these show ponies like the two's and the cocker and the all that ship and then it jumped the shark a few years when a bat.
Speaker 1: One yeah, long tail bat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But we did we ran the first ever smear campaign. We put post a coin k we fat and lazy. We said that that the kaka was six pests, and we replayed that footage of that one humping that British celebrities head and we went we went full noise on you know how useless the other birds was, and people actually took it seriously and got offended.
Speaker 4: I love it and so that was.
Speaker 3: The start of you know, people getting into the bird competition obviously, then the bat Then John Oliver came in and he ran a whole billboard campaign in New Zealand for that weird one last year.
Speaker 4: It was he wanted it was last year's one, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was called something else and it looked fucking weird. It had the big and he dressed up as Oh, yes last year. Yeah, I think that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was an Australian one as well, which is like, how can New Zealand bird of the year or was that bird of the century? Uh, it was Bird of the century as well. You're very confusing.
Speaker 1: It sort of reminds me of certain radio promotions where each year, how can there be a different bird of the year. Yeah, despite the fact that it's not a new bird, wouldn't the same bird? But I mean, shouldn't it be Kiwi every year?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Also, I would actually I would happily get back in behind this, like you were saying, if they genetically engineered a new bird.
Speaker 4: Every year, Oh, bring the more back. Yeah, I've always released that and then boom.
Speaker 1: You can't tell me you couldn't Jurassic park a more egg into ostrich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: That would be literally the easiest thing, right up there with putting a wooly mammoth into an elephant.
Speaker 4: Didn't they?
Speaker 3: I suppose they had that jem be modified sheep that they and everyone freaked out thinking the world's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they stopped. You know what, don't we bring back some of the cool animals, the giant ground sloth.
Speaker 3: You want to bring back the haast eagle. Yeah, it would win every year exactly.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe because eventually they're going to run out of birds, the New Zealand bird of the year that will have done them all. I reckon, Well, have you noticed, arguably it happened to twenty twenty one with a bat one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not at all a bit suspicious that no birds won back to back. Yeah, that's right. So it's like you're telling me that. I mean, because everyone loves the the cockapool, everyone loves the and the tuoi yep, and the fantail, the pea wacka waker, yep. They are they are your pearl jams and your Nirvana's. Yes, they're always going to win. Yeah, they should always win.
Speaker 1: So how are they not winning every yet?
Speaker 4: How did the Batwin bullshit.
Speaker 1: Out of the Australian Christian greebewin.
Speaker 4: Well John Oliver global global attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. God, they love New Zealand over in America.
Speaker 4: That's such an easy target we got, We've got great headlines. Yeah, I mean occasionally we have ram raids and gang shootings, but every other even every other crimes is a comical.
Speaker 1: Even a ram raid's quite comical. Yeah, you know, they just drive a car into the side of a diry.
Speaker 4: It's what they steal is comical party mix and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifteen different flavored vapes and lighters. So I don't know drik and John Oliver will get him behind it this year.
Speaker 4: I think he's I think he squeezed that lemon one and done.
Speaker 1: The greatest New Zealander is into the semifinals. Now Semi final number one was yesterday. I believe Richie smashed Dave Dobbin smashed. That was always going to I think a lot of comments on these ones actually came from Facebook. This comment from a poster, Hey, I got a lot of faith in Dave. Another one. Sorry, Dave, you can call me loyal to the game. I grew up with Richie takes it, but this will be his last one. I suspect. Someone else commented and said, easily, sir double d an incredible career spanning decades upon decades plus. He still ows my late father fifty dollars for pulling his car out of a ditch in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Charged in fifty bucks to pull his car out of a ditch in the eighties. That's like equivalent of life thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: Yea, it is pullo's carry to the ditch. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Leave your car on the ditch? And he never did pay it. And then one last one, sir Dave Dobbin, you drink yourself more blessed with an Asian cigarette because the outlook for Thursday will be a slice of heaven as long as you stay loyal.
Speaker 4: Well, unfortunately it has not.
Speaker 1: The forecast has changed because Ritchie absolutely obliterated Dobbo over the weekend. Today is oh sorry, Today is the first semi final, quarterfinals, the semi finals. Tw's my brain into a principal. It is Lisa Carrington versus Charlie Upham.
Speaker 4: Oh, this could be the sinking of the goat in the boat. Do you think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think everyone's got a real wine on for Charlie Upham. Yeah right, but you talk about recency bias. Yes, you know Charlie Upham hasn't been in the news cycle, no for quite some time.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a Battle of the Middles, you know, eight gold medals versus two Victoria Crosses.
Speaker 4: And a bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I believe someone effact checked me on that. Lisa Carrington was interviewed by the Way in the last couple of weeks and the person asked her because she's studying like political science something at university, no, like, do you see yourself going into politics?
Speaker 3: She's like, no, yeah, not ever, only studies politics goes into it. I studied politics, did you Yeah? Yeah, politicals is interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting to find out how the world runs it is and doesn't, or how they want to tell you it runs. Right, do your own researcher to that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I guess it was off the back of mah Drysdale going for Todung mirror.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he nailed it. Oh he is. He is the miror of Totong.
Speaker 3: He's had to move from Cambridge fuck, I got miror mirror of Totong move.
Speaker 4: But he lives at the mount. Be careful what you wish for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll put him up in an apartment on the on the waterfront there. So yeah, Lisa, we will not into politics. I think people would vote for her, but will they vote for her as the greatest New Zealander of all time? It's up to you at home. You can hit on Facebook or Instagram and have your say. So have a quick break and we'll come back to talk some rugby.
Speaker 4: South Africa.
Speaker 1: South African Rugby rather Lane have apologized today for the blearing music, fireworks and fly over during the hakka. Do you think they should have apologized?
Speaker 4: No? No, I think.
Speaker 3: You respect the hakker when it's in New Zealand because you have to, really, because the crowd doo and you're.
Speaker 4: On home soil. I think when we're away and we're laying down a challenge on away ground, Yeah it is carte blanche.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what the opposition can do because that's your challenge, that's their challenge. I don't do they need to show respect for it when they're on their home soil.
Speaker 4: I say no, it's.
Speaker 1: Also a walk, right you are literally telling those guys you're going to try and kill them. Yeah, and you're like, hey, just while I tell you that I'm going to kill you, can you just be quiet?
Speaker 4: Please? Yeah?
Speaker 3: While I do this, can you respectfully just listen to me talk about how I'm going to rip your head and eat your brain.
Speaker 4: That's right, I will say.
Speaker 1: The one thing that I like, the flyover, I kind of thought that that was added to it. I don't think it distracted. That's sick. Just as we're reaching the crescendo of a hack, a fly you know, flyer was sick. The problem my dad had was the music. Music's a little bit. That was chance, scream yell, whatever. But like artificially playing music over the top, it's a bit unless you're responding with your own song. Like if we played Ireland and they had sinado' Konna singing the National.
Speaker 4: Exactly, well, that's sing zombie, singing zombie. Yeah, that's sing zombie now.
Speaker 3: And remember Australia singing while singing Matilda when we did the hack.
Speaker 4: Exactly, go for it.
Speaker 3: Don't do it here, I'll fucking kill you. Do it on your home ground. But when you come here, you we respect it.
Speaker 1: I like it and I think that it adds to it and I think that if you were out there on the field, you would well certain people would relish that sort of like this is fucking awesome. We're laying down our challenge that are going us because.
Speaker 4: You talk to someonell Black's the most terrifying ground to kick a.
Speaker 3: Goal at is in Ireland, where they stay completely silent when you're going for your keck.
Speaker 1: Respect the kicker, they say, respect the kickout.
Speaker 3: But I reckon it is a reverse psychology because it is terrifying it's did silent. A kecker would probably prefer people, you know, a bit of noise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because at that point it just becomes a hum. You know, you can't hear anything. But when it's did silent, you can hear one person like whispering, You can hear.
Speaker 4: Yourself breath, you can see one guy go deck way too far left, bro, way too far left. So like I think it's I don't know why they have had to apologize.
Speaker 3: I think they apologized probably for DJ a hole, yes, because playing the music and leading the fireworks off in the middle of it probably was didn't didn't look great. I mean, am I to say what they get a hard on over over in South Africa. It might be music and fireworks.
Speaker 1: No, well, DJ A hole, it was an unlawful discharge. So what happened was as the All Blacks were getting into the crescendo or the Hucker, everyone started cheering and they had an inexperienced DJA hole in there and he was just like, oh, the Hocker must be over. I'll hit the button. So he started playing music but it was still going and.
Speaker 3: The music was connected to the flames fireworks.
Speaker 4: That part.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but just crack up that they had a dude and there just had no idea. It was just like, never seen the Hucker before, but I never watched the All Blacks. He's like, yeah, sweet, he's probably some just local radio DJ. Yeah, probably works through their quilal like z him hates hates sport. The hurts sport South Africa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so lame. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think they should apologize, and I think that had they lost, they probably wouldn't have apologized.
Speaker 4: They'll just be like, now, fuck you guys. Yeah, that's only because they won. Oh sorry guys, you're on our Sorry guys.
Speaker 1: Did we did we distract you a little bit there, guys. Oh you see that.
Speaker 3: Our good friend Scotty Stevenson is upset Razzi Arrestmus. He has Razi Arrestmus has got hold of them on Instagram and fired a shot across your bow or might be on X.
Speaker 4: Actually it was on Twitter. Yeah, I think he was.
Speaker 3: Scotty had a crack at his behavior, just his erratic behavior, and he wrote back this hilarious message like is he good to see you? Well, good to see you got over the hard times, like a couple of like kind of just a little little angles like I know you've struggled a little bit, and then Scotty going, oh, you're looking healthy. Can like as it's the sumo that I used to know, it's a healthier It was real weird. The fact that Razzi Rasmus is engaging with oh, definitely sports in New zeal It's like Jesus Christ, focus on the other thing, buddy.
Speaker 4: We should get into him. You can tell he loves that ship. Yeah. I would love to start a Twitter beef.
Speaker 1: I've been logged out of my account for various indiscretions, but the only Twitter beef I ever started was with Dale Stain I was working in the mainstream sports media and I had control of the Twitter account for that place that I worked, and hearing Jeb worked there as well. And Dale Staine posted, Hey, guys, I'm putting a book together. Does anybody have any photos of me that they could share that we could put in the book? And I sent him the picture of Grant Elliott picking him up off the floor after it just carted.
Speaker 4: Him into the It's awesome. He din'd appreciate it. So you go out, it's like, very well played. You go out into the Twitter sphere and you get there and what do you expect? Yeah, Elliott loved it, though, I'm sure he did.
Speaker 3: That's well maybe, I mean the only major beef we've created on on Twitter weeks or whatever it is mainly with Indian cricket fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I mean, that's too easy. That's very easy.
Speaker 3: But someone said, are so African fans the equivalent of Indian fans when it comes to rugby?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Are they quite twitchy though? Yeah? Right, there's a billion of them. Yeah, true, we test it. Let's find out. Do we have a Twitter account? We must? Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe jury's and that's the one he uses just to wind up half half a billion people.
Speaker 1: The problem we have is that most of the goss and dirt that we get is on our own. It seems like a mass of own goal to just go after our own ethic. Let's look something up on Let's see if we can get Rezie turning the heat on us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I reckon we can. What have we got to lose by winding out Rezi? I don't know. I can't apart from m punching our lights out if he ever sees us in public?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you see that weird footage of him about to get interviewed on the sideline after the game. So they crossed to the guy on the sideline, He starts talking. Razzie's walking into shot and some random dude sprints into the shot, realize they're on He turns around, tries to sprint out, falls over. Then Razzie like jumps over him into the shot, but is still looking at him like, what the fuck did he get up? It was the weirdest thing I've ever said. Didn't know if there were pitch invaders, didn't know if it was like an off off camera worker who's just gotten the wrong spot. Yeah, Razzie's a nut chop all right, let's try and fire him up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon just save a lot of fit of fun because obviously he bites because he bit Scotty bit with Scotty Stevenson and Scotty Scotty would have had something reasonable say, well, ours will be totally unreasonable. Yeah, so ours will be unhanted, uninformed, Yeah, totally uninformed. Scotty is way more informed.
Speaker 4: So we we place South Africa again this weekend in Cape Town, Yes, and we basically that's a must win for us, now, isn't it to retain the Rugby Championship? Well, then mem to beat Australia twice, i'd say, because Safka have beaten Australia twice. Yeah, beating us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, if we win this And then we went off against Australia but we lost to Argentina.
Speaker 1: So so then we need Argentina to beat South Africa. Yes, which doesn't seem likely does it, But all students didn't seem likely they'd beat us.
Speaker 4: But so we now need to go. We need to win this week and beat Australia home and away. We'll beat Australia. They suck.
Speaker 1: And then we're relying on the kindness of strangers in the form of Argentina to beat South Africa.
Speaker 4: That ain't happening. Wow, yeah we are.
Speaker 3: We are really because if we beat them this week in I mean lost, we'll have only lost one in the championship.
Speaker 4: Yes, if they if they beat yeah, that's true, we lost too.
Speaker 1: Well, who knows Argentina might beat them both times and then and then we win and we all go out for Argentina and barbecue to celebrate.
Speaker 4: Have they already played them? They don't think so. But I beat a podcast would know. Scot Stevenson would know.
Speaker 1: He would to the Motor Game's disc, the Scots went one two in Milwaukee. Mcglock on one and then Dixon came second. McLoughlin's car was sick. That blue little blueberry that he's driving around them.
Speaker 4: Yeah he got that. He's got Chip mcneeye or something or something some some racing team.
Speaker 3: But pretty pretty good for a couple of keys to go one to and cars, that's pretty boring.
Speaker 4: I don't think people realize how balen that is. That's it's ridiculous that we're are they well, received over there. Do you think the Keys I love them?
Speaker 1: Do you think I reckon a lot of them? Wouldn't even know that from New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Well, Scott Dixon, he's a bit of a celebrity over there because he's got some reality TV show follows him and his real breath of fresh air American wife. Yeah, he's got he He's had a couple of couple of series on it around so he's he's.
Speaker 4: Quite a big big deal over there. Scotty McLoughlin. This is only his second year, so he's fairly fresh. But I think they quite like the Keys. I mean they're all really humble types.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how good would it be if we had those two running an indy car? You have Bean Gisberger and the.
Speaker 4: The nascast car and then we'll get old old mate and Formula one lawson. Yeah, that'd be pretty mean taking over.
Speaker 1: That would be pretty Games on national Sport and in the round ball, I am the voice of the round Ball on this here podcast. Liverpool beat Manchester United three nil. Manchester United manager Eric tin Hag It was asked like, how come you still suffrage? Basically, why do you guys still have the same issues that you had like three years ago, and he goes, I'm not Harry Potter, which I thought was such a spray to his own players, Like he's basically shifting all the blame.
Speaker 4: I'm not a magician. I cannot help these guys. They suck.
Speaker 1: They sucked three years ago. We've tried for three years to fix it, and they still suck. Have you ever been sprayed by a coach who have had any bizarre I'll tell you them. The strangest, the strangest g up speech I overhead from a coach. We're playing it at at home in Wayomedi in one of the timor I think it was Tomoka came down and our coach and the changing ships came down, came in and he goes, look they got they got two some oones in the team, you know, but you know we got three Marrias in our team. And I think that's just as good. And I was like, thanks, man, you know what, I think that is just as good.
Speaker 3: I haven't I can't remember many many sprays. I did have some very eccentric creckit coaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a cricket coach used to did you I think I've asked you this before. But we had one drill where all of our batsmen was shying away from the ball and so name and Paul Harrison went down into the into the net and he would stand behind you with a stunt pointed at your ass, so the spike, so if you back away from the ball, the spike would go up your ass. I was like we then never shied away from another ball for the remainder of our cricketing careers.
Speaker 4: I can still feel the the middle spider spike behind me.
Speaker 3: I had John Sittlington and Hamilton coaching our Hamilton team. He's a very strange man. And John Marshall ro Op no longer with us. But John Marshall was a betting coach and he I think he was legally blind. He had the thickest set of glasses I've ever seen on a man and he was our betting coach, which I found quite ironic.
Speaker 4: Those who can't do teacher. Yes.
Speaker 3: And John Sittlington and he worked for Fulton Hogan, very passionate cricket man, but couldn't say Hamilton and on.
Speaker 4: That's what he'd say from the sideline a little bit.
Speaker 1: Liam Lawson can't say formula.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He say formal former formaler one for FORMLA one another round round ball news the BBL auction, The big best auction was yesterday.
Speaker 4: Four Keypy's got picked up in it. This is cricket right, yeah, that's round now the round ball traditionally soccer.
Speaker 1: Round round is a round ball. Just I just feel like I need to pull you up on that as the voice of the round ball.
Speaker 4: Sorry, this is a round ball, small round ball, leather with a seam on it.
Speaker 3: Lucky Ferguson got a contract, Finellen got a contract, Tim si fit he got a contract.
Speaker 4: This seems like more than usual.
Speaker 3: Four of them got them. I'm trying to think of who the other one was. Was Finaleen, Lucky Ferguson, Tim Seifert and oh Monroe Colin the veteran. So those four have all got BBL contracts. Obviously Finalen and Lacky Ferguson turned down the central contracks to go off and do all this franchise crickets. Because I have wondered why we don't see more Key He's playing in the BBL well clashes because if your simon New Zealand cricket, you're obliged to play. Yes, the Super Smash or the International cricket or domestic cricket. But these guys are like, I'm off contract, I'm doing whatever I want.
Speaker 4: The floodgates are going to open it.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Trench he's not playing in there. He's maybe maybe he's already on contract over there. But I'm surprised he's not over in the BBL. Maybe he's already there. Maybe this draft for a new players.
Speaker 1: This is the Big Bash League, not to be confused with the Brazilian Butt Lift.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you think they do? You think when the Big Bear started that they did are going to clash with the Big butt Lift, the Brazilian Brazilian Butt Lift League, Brazilian Butler. I think they did.
Speaker 1: But I do think they need to distance themselves because if you search BBL online, which I do often, yep, for the cricket, for the cricket. Yeah, but the stuff that I'm getting served disgusting.
Speaker 4: It is disgusting. I think.
Speaker 1: I do think because you watch those games that's sick, like the fan fear, like the massive and the crowds are enormous, So I think it's only a matter of time before that's flooded with Kiwis as well.
Speaker 4: Which I think is good for the game. I think we should have two KIV teams over there, North and South. I agree. All right, it is a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We are going to shuffle half back sports idea forward by day, which means today it's time for a half bake sports.
Speaker 4: I do half bait sports. I Paralympics are on lane yep. Getting a lot of questions at home on the Paralympics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you're answering them, definitely. I I.
Speaker 4: So today's one.
Speaker 1: You know how they talk about the enhanced Games, that enhanced Olympics, and they're going to allow.
Speaker 4: People to explode their hearts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically just do whatever steroids they want. Let's test the limits of human physical capacity.
Speaker 4: Where's that got to because there was a big fan few when they launched it. Yeah, is it actually happening. It's happening. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think either later this year or early next year, it is happening. And basically all it is at the moment is recently retired athletes are putting their hands up to be like, yep, I'll juice myself to the girls.
Speaker 4: Let's have a crack. I've been juicing last year years I.
Speaker 1: Have been juicing, how will I have heard from an Olympian before When people ask him, why don't we do like the steroid Olympics, He's like, you're assuming that their actual Olympics aren't just that. Yeah, but anyway, So my half baked sports idea this week is the enhanced Paralympics, where you are allowed it's basically inspector gadget for all of the people in the Paralympics. So the high jumper you can put springs in your pogo sticks in your legs, the shot putters you're allowed, bloody cannon out of the army. Basically, any mechanical enhancement you can think of to give yourself an extra edit advantage.
Speaker 4: Like wheels, Like what about what?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the one hundred meters wheelchair race you took in, like putting a jet on the back of it, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Basically yeah, so it turns it into a land speed records in mean drag race. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically, like any enhancement that you need to be able to compete at your given sport. You're also allowed, yeah, to enhance yourself in any way that you would like to. You know, why should the enhanced games only be for the able bodied athlete.
Speaker 3: That's because there is limitations in there, because the blades they run on, there's rules around the blades and everything.
Speaker 1: I can only have like a certain amount of bounced blah blah blah. You know, obviously to keep the playing field even. But why can't I have motorized wheels on my feet?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And that's where I think the enhanced Paralympics come in. You're allowed to enhance yourself in anyway that you see fit.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about installing an autboard on the back here for the swimming perfect yep, j boat like a jet engine hand and jet on the back, or like your little backpack that's got a hamleting jet on it and you just go, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, but that has to be part of your You can't just put that backpack on. That has to be It can't be petrol powered. The petrol's not the issue. The issue is if you're missing a leg, you can put a rocket on that leg, you know what I mean. You can't just be otherwise an able bodied athlete and then put a jet.
Speaker 4: No I'm not saying save you lost your pens, you can put it Yeah, that's right. Kick you replace it with a jet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I you know, if you've ever been on one of those like turtle tours where you get the little yeah, I think one of those. I guess the issue comes where you've got someone who basically is doing the high jump and they've got the equivalent of two earbacks that have just been let off off their feet and they just go.
Speaker 4: Shooting up into the ear Yeah. When does the maddener stop though, because for high jump you could literally put someone in a cannon. Yeah. Well, I've seeing them over the bar as long as they land on there.
Speaker 1: I feel like the cannon needs to be attached to them. Again, we're sort of straying further away from enhancing the athlete and do just shooting them out of a cannon.
Speaker 4: There need to be some sort of rules. Yeah, but yeah, I agree with you. Look, this is why it's half back.
Speaker 1: There'd be better minds and us to be a regulatory body there that will be able to figure out exactly what you can can't do.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I'm looking forward to these enhanced games later in the year, I think to seeing someone but how wouldn't it be surprising if they didn't beat any world records.
Speaker 1: I do think that the fact that the one hundred meters sprint's only gone down by about a second in the last hundred years tells me that we're about there. Like, that's about as quick as the human body can move. Yeah, like steroids or otherwise, because also a lot of them were on steroids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, halfback sports idea enhanced the parallem in the name of equality.
Speaker 4: Sake, quick break, we'll come back with your space.
Speaker 2: Yours please brought you by Leader home of.
Speaker 1: The four of them to get through today, first call of yours splits good fellas.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to fact check.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find out. Never heard of Charlie up until about two or three weeks ago when you guys mentioned him.
Speaker 4: Surely seems like a good bloke.
Speaker 5: I can't find those Chasing Charlie book. The only one I find is searching for Charlie. Can you confirm more than I whether that's allegedly the book I'm reporting to want to read.
Speaker 6: Yes, I want to learn something.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, it is searching.
Speaker 3: It is searching for Charlie or just chasing Charlie. I think that's the name of a movie or something else.
Speaker 4: Charlie. Oh yeah, it's what most people do on the weekends. Yeah, it is searching for Charlie. It's Tom Scott has written it A rapper from Young, Gifted and Broke, No Wellington you know differently, No, No, he's that's a great book. I'd highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, and once you read that, you go, whoa Charlie Upham is an absolute free show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, another call here, yours Please.
Speaker 7: Hey fellas, couldn't have noticed, but all the yours pleases for today. Now I know you say you're a lot over the weekend, but all of today's ones didn't have a single South Canterbury And now I seen one last week that head of South Canterbury in it. So I'm starting to think that Manaya is going through these and just taking out all the Fox South Canterbury's because he's just had enough. Anyway, we'll know whether this one gets played or not. FUX South Canterbury.
Speaker 4: Well, there we go. The allegation has been late.
Speaker 3: I mean I hands up to say, look, I'm not involved, and the Yours Pleas has got no access to the Yours Pleasers, So what do you say to the allegation that you have been filtering the Fox South Canaries?
Speaker 1: Well, I would say that I just played one, But then did I do this?
Speaker 4: Do that on PERP to cover my track? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess we'll never know. But no, they just have sort of abated. But I guess this is probably gonna gonna bring them back again.
Speaker 4: But no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like I would. I'd filter them out otherwise, why.
Speaker 4: Would I have let any of them to air? Well, I disarguably the damage is done. It started to reach a crescendo there for a while.
Speaker 3: Every single one was Yeah, so now it's getting to fuck Hamilton, Yeah, frec Correka is getting it's cropping astray.
Speaker 1: As well for some reason, in the name of the quality, Everyone's covenant not the caller here.
Speaker 6: Yours please, hey, fellas on the whole fucked out Canibrey thing would have fucked out Jannibreary the equivalent to a fuck Richie McCall like, same area side thing anyway, sucks out Cannabury. Let's go Harold.
Speaker 1: What Harold um didn't work out for Harold north Otago. Well, this is something I've spent a lot of time thinking about the dividing line between North Otago and South canterbry is do you know? Yeah, the White take a river. Now, Kourou is technically in North Otago. It's on that side of the river. It has a bridge there and on the other side of that bridge as a place known as the Hacker Valley. That is where Richie mccaught is from, which is technically part of Kouroup, but it is on our side of the river.
Speaker 4: So he is technically from South Canterbury. What school did he go? He went to Otago Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean how many players get poached from different, various different high schools.
Speaker 4: You know, is Damien McKenzie Southlander? Or you mean to school in Southland? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whom I thinking of? Anton Lenard Brown? He's a school in christ Church. You know, does your high school dictate where you're from?
Speaker 4: No, Well, he grew up and went to high school, so you know, I would say he's North Otago target Tago Boys.
Speaker 1: That's not north Otago, that's Otago.
Speaker 4: Wow. One one thing, isn't it? Canterbury is all one thing.
Speaker 1: I want to get you a map and then we'll get back to this conversation, but for now, until then it's yeah, South Canterbury so fux South Canterbury is a fucking Richie mccaught and being out of mind.
Speaker 4: The next time you seen one, that's if you say fucking Targo, then you fu Northago. All right, no they call it here. You're alright. I did screen that one? Is that you?
Speaker 1: You? I can neither confirm nor deny whether that's me or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, beg news before we go. This may be hard to believe since I grew up in Hamilton and a tron, but I did my first burnout yesterday. Oh yes, yeah, yeah, I got the Ford the A C C Ford Falcon you and lit up the car park at Mount Smart Stadium. Yes, and you know what, I'm glad I didn't do that with my teenage years because I would have been a fucking menace in Hamilton outside Forde or a petrol station pouring diesel on the road. Because it was good fun, addictive. Yeah, it is good fun. We just about blew that thing up. Oh yeah you did. I did, Yeah, I did. It went.
Speaker 1: You got to have a crackit there, Yeah, and got the wheel going. The wheels went, the black wheels went, there. She was the front wheels, so maybe we turned it a bit tight.
Speaker 4: Came right though, It came right though.
Speaker 1: But yeah, burnout Mount Smart was not something ahead of my Bungo card for yesterday, but checked it off.
Speaker 4: Look out for that because we've teamed up with Auto Trader. So there's some big, big news to come out of the ACC with regards to our Ford Falcon, Yes, our beloved Ford Falcon after it survived yesterday's threshing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big news and it breaks my heart, this big news, but it could be an excellent opportunity for one of you out there. All right, We're not to sing on the head. We'll be back tomorrow with a Wednesday edition of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like, like and follow on iHeartRadio or where you get your podcasts.