Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Gun Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the fourteenth of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the Home of Sporting Nonsense and Clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport of Ultra.
Speaker 3: Hump Day Lane.
Speaker 1: It feels so much later. I know, Well, this is what happens. I was talking about this yesterday with Matt Heath. We work every weekend and then there's no like division between last week and this week, so you can't remember what happened last week. Is this still the same week as last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think today not to have an on air brainstorm, but I think this afternoon's probably our only free afternoon for your weightlifting competition.
Speaker 4: How's your How's your Wednesday? After Wednesday is actually quite busy. I have some space on Friday afternoon. I think this is probably best done after about nine beers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, perhaps nine kind of Friday lunch beers.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's what they're doing at the Olympics before they go into their weightlifting competitions.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you I read something, if you had six months, yep, quit your job, you know, no commentary, you're doing no memes, you're doing no podcasts, just training. Yeah, which event do you reckon you could compete in?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 1: None, because those people also have six months and didn't stop exercising after high school, so the difference.
Speaker 4: But were at the shooting ones? Do you reckon in six months? Just like ten hours a day, seven days a week.
Speaker 3: Because you're assuming they're not doing that, they are also doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, and I'm starting from zero a nancing.
Speaker 3: Also still know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that, Like as much as we clown on Reagan, I don't think I could do a headspin in six months.
Speaker 3: I am one hundred and eleven killers.
Speaker 4: Okay, another and here's another question for you. Every single event in the Olympics. Yeah, how long do you think it would take you to complete every single event? Oh, so you run a marathon, you do one hundred meters, turn meters for under meters, eight hundred meters like you don't.
Speaker 3: You just have to be able to finish them like a pole vault, a high jump. Now do I have to do?
Speaker 1: Okay, so all the swimming events, Yeah, I have to do all the swimming events, all the various different lengths as well.
Speaker 3: Do I have to do? So?
Speaker 1: Say, I go and do the sailing. Do I have to do the dinghy, the laser, the forty nine of the skiff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just one race, only one of all of those? Yeah? So then why am I doing the marathon and one hundred meters?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm sorry, you have to do all the boats? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, everything? Oh, like five six years, I reckon. I was thinking about it.
Speaker 5: I said, all the weight divisions of weightlifting too, and no, just wait lift, okay, just weightlifting, because I was looking at the rowing and I was like, that's going to take me a long time to loaran, and then I'd have to do the like two thousand meters.
Speaker 3: I'm not learning. I'm just in the boat and go one take.
Speaker 4: Oh really, you're going to catch a crab and fly out. You're gonna have to restart it again.
Speaker 3: You've got to. You can't get disqualified.
Speaker 1: Yes, then I'll just start again. I'm not training for it. Five years, Yeah, I reckon five years. Ages man, the walking race, the you can do the walking race tomorrow, yeah and so, and then the next day are going to get up and roam a boat. Then the next day are going to get up and.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got to learn how to do it. Some of it you're going to learn.
Speaker 1: Our man from Cuba is going to twist me into a fucking Pritzil next day, I'm going to get served.
Speaker 3: By ray gun. Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 4: Few you can just get away with again, the sevens, tenise, Oh yeah, golf would be pleasant.
Speaker 3: Golf would be great. I'd put that halfway through. Yeah, that'll be my respite. I reckon, I'd get all those out of the way early, like all of the ones.
Speaker 1: You can just No, this is a good point because I can't do butterfly.
Speaker 3: I'm going to need to learn how to do that.
Speaker 4: I thought that as well. And it's like the Midley, I'd drown. Yeah, I'd need to wear a life jacket.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of some of the more obscure, like I don't know how far I could throw javelin, but I don't think i'd get disqualified.
Speaker 3: Ten minute diving board. I just have it there to be terrifying. It'll be terrifying, but also like there's no loss there. Jump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true, you're sweet just feet first, Yeah, that's right. Yeah, you might fuck yourself up. But you're not gonna like you'll be able.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 4: You've got things like the monkey, like the monkey bar, things like the what are they called with the rings?
Speaker 1: True, I don't think I could do that. I mean I could jump up and hold on to it with my belly poking out what I have to do, and then the horse the pommel. Yeah, I go running up and have to try and vault over that, the cat toy, the ribbon and the ball and stuff. I could walk out the studio and do that Oregon God, then there'd be the synchronized swimming. I would drown doing that water polo. I like water polo dround.
Speaker 3: Someone would put me under and I'd stay under. Cycling races would be easy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just punch it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Tryathon's an issue from he's not a great swimmer.
Speaker 1: Do you think that you could get out of the water against that current?
Speaker 3: No, I don't reckon I could swim against that current. I don't think I could either.
Speaker 4: No way, I would have got about ten meters and then I would have sort of given up, hopped on my back and just floated down the river, hoping a shark would take me.
Speaker 1: Because they were going helpful eather and barely making any ground. Yeah, so I don't know how I would go, just as our guy that had never trained for it. What about if you had a flutterboard, No, because I think you need your arms.
Speaker 3: The flooterboard helps with floating, but it's not going to propel you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So actually the sailing would be a shit show because I wouldn't know what ropes to pull on, so I'd never get around the course eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, specially if in those piers ones it's the single ones, the peer one, you're just a passenger, surely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If I got another man with me here, yeah, And I just sat him down and said, look, I've probably got capacity for two ropes. You tell me what they are and we'll go from there. I'll pull the rope when you tell me to, but don't I won't be able to figure anything else out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I reckon five six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I reckon, I'd spend like a month on the butterfly before I was able to finish Yeah, fifty meters and then turn.
Speaker 3: Around now I'm going to start doing the bloody Medley.
Speaker 4: Well you can do multiple at once, you could just you cause nominate a month just to do swimming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just knock them off and take me that whole month to do it too. But yeah, then all the other ones that you could easily fail, Like, that'll be easy. Just hop and get like I said, get twisted up, get thrown across the room, get fucking karate kicked in the head.
Speaker 3: That I could do on a day.
Speaker 4: I just turn up to a dojo and just get the shit out of you all day boxing as well.
Speaker 3: Go and take one to the chin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, David Yi is going to a money Clift's going to come out and just spark me out in a heartbeat. Then our man from Cuba is gonna twist me up and do a pretzel. Someone's going to judo toss me across the room.
Speaker 3: I reckon I could do that in the day. I probably need a week to recover after that.
Speaker 1: Can you could do it in less than a year.
Speaker 3: Oh, it'll be tough though. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: They handed out something like five hundred gold medals over there, and I presume you know a lot of those are team sports, but you, I reckon it take me longer than a year, But I know, let me know, and let us know. In the old voice mailfunction. Grast New Zealander of all time. John Too Good, Jesus, he got obliterated last night. I knew that was going to happen, Poor Johnny Good. It was just just a victim of circumstance. He ran into a buzz saw in the first round in the shape of Dave Dobbin. It's going to be interesting when a couple of these guys who have put the smack down in round one then come up against someone else who did in round one as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they come up against Charles Upham, Charles up and versus Dave Dobbin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't rack the Dobber's chance here.
Speaker 1: No, Today's one's another controversial one, although I feel like this is all going to go one way as well. It is Brenda McCallum versus Martin Crow. Now I was a little too young to remember Martin Crow. How where do you rank those two in terms of our best batsman?
Speaker 4: Oh, Martin Crowe is an absolute legend. May have slightly sullied his career and the end there when he threatened to burn his blazer and all sorts and started meddling in.
Speaker 1: The politics of New Zealand cricket.
Speaker 4: And so there's a little bit there that makes me think Bears, I'm a more Bears man.
Speaker 3: But again that is a circumstance and.
Speaker 4: The fact that I feel like I saw, I lived through Bears, whereas I was very I wasn't even born half of.
Speaker 3: Mart and Crowe's career.
Speaker 1: But you watch Bears take us out of the doldrums of international cricket.
Speaker 3: Absolutely to the peaks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I feel like he's a little bit more relatable. Crushes Darry's bets on horses species, red Wine.
Speaker 3: Goes down, still goes and turns out for his local rugby club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whereas Martin, you know, got the rug and everything and just just everything turned a bit odd near the end.
Speaker 3: There glorious photos of.
Speaker 1: Him, though, because I've been putting a lot of the artwork together for this stuff. And when you look up photos of Martin Crow he looks resplendent. Sometimes he's got the fucking Ninja turtle headband on and one.
Speaker 4: Of the best batsmen to watch bat He was so elegant and his timing and everything he was in that team. He was so far ahead of anyone else in terms of style and skill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what made him so great.
Speaker 1: I feel like Bes has a lot of that as well. He was a very unique player and in terms of his approach to the game, obviously you see it with the old bass ball now with England.
Speaker 3: But you know, at the.
Speaker 1: Time, as I even remember some yarn about him talking to the tail end, hasn't been like, look, you're going to get out in like Ted Bulls, because he's about are you going to get out for three runs or are you going to get out for fifteen runs? You know, that could be the difference for us. That's I think he said.
Speaker 4: He he was in the he coached the team that the fucking maner Express Lockie Ferguson was playing for.
Speaker 1: And Lockie he went through like quite a purple.
Speaker 4: Patch of runs and he won a couple of games for Auckland hitting six's.
Speaker 3: In the last over or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he I mean he used to bat seven in our last man stands team. He didn't really care, you know, he was one of those bowlers who there whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then when he was with Bears, Bears, like what are you doing, man, Just fucking hit it, have a crap, Like just fucking have a go. You've got a good eye, you play your good golfer. Obviously, it's like Sam with Trent Bolt. And so then you went, yeah, fuck it, I got an angle lose and you just started talking it.
Speaker 3: So it kind of empowers people to do to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh I've said this before, but I've been in meetings with Brenda McCallum in my time in the mainstream sports media, and you walk out of that meeting and you're like, I'm ready to walk through a wall. Why can't we be the greatest media organization, not just in New Zealand but.
Speaker 3: In the world. And so you walk out there.
Speaker 1: And then you put out three pieces of dog shirt content. You're like, oh, that's right. Seven people listen, mainly your family, Yeah, and filmy sister listening to it and send it to you. Stopped doing that, Dad, And I don't want to think about her sitting in the corner of the room while we do on this podcast. But yeah, so do you think, how do you think this one's going to go?
Speaker 3: It's going to go, Bears, It's gonna go. It's going to go bears.
Speaker 4: I think purely because there's going to be some purists too, Will get fired up about Siman. I think someone's already commented this is like comparing Beethoven to a rock concert, and you know, so be it. Do you like rock or do you like Bethoven? Just let us know that's not the argument. We're not going to Beethoven versus you know, the same one they have no.
Speaker 1: Wolf gung up on a day, that's right, that's Mozart. Yeah, Mozart, yea Ludwig van Beethoven.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: More of a Motart guy, by the way, Okay he writes, I'm more a Wagner guy.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: Mozart used to write symphonies the way that you write emails.
Speaker 3: It just came that easily to him.
Speaker 1: You know, he'd just sit down, he'd write them without a piece of paper, you know, if his dinner wasn't really he'd go back up to his room and write a fucking, you know, symphony while he's wing for Sorry, Carrol.
Speaker 3: Are you you're you're I'm picking You're a bears man. I'm a bears man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just again didn't really see Martin Crow and from what I have seen of him, tremendous. But yeah, I just lived through the Bears the Bears experiment, and I just love that because cricket is such a traditional sport. I love when people are like, why are we doing it that way? And if the answer is because we've always done it that way, there's always an opportunity there to change, change, sit up. And I just like the mentality of like, you'd rather lose trying to go for a wind than draw trying to go for a drawer. Yeah, and yeah, look just same as you been able to sit through and watch the whole thing.
Speaker 3: So it could be an age thing, but yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think it is, and I know I think we'll see another divide in the platforms. Yeah, I think we'll see a massive Bears spike and Instagram and a potential comeback for MD.
Speaker 1: On the Facebook. Yeah, so get online and have your say. Just before he to an air break. This story caught my It's been sent in many a time. Overnight, the Auckland City Mission has discovered lollies donated by an unknown member of the public contain potentially lethal levels of metham fetamine. So they render brand pineapple lollies, which, by the way, if you come across any of them, but don't fucking eat them do not eat the Rinder branded lollies. They were unceealed retail sized packages and send out in food parcels, So someone gave them to the Aukland City Mission to send out in their food parcels. Apparently they contained approximately three grams of metham fetterment each. A common dose is between ten to twenty five milligrams, so this contains the lolly's head up to three hundred doses of meth in there.
Speaker 3: What the okay is that a thing meth lollies?
Speaker 4: I don't know, or is this some myth smuggling that has gone a bit of rye that's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Bring in a container of.
Speaker 4: Lollies and tell the had by the way that you know, thirty four box out of one thousand, that's the one full of myth lollies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for you to take the myth out of it.
Speaker 1: And they're trying to get it through to someone an city mission, and it's.
Speaker 4: Come through and the whole lots come through and the like we've lost box thirty seven, Yeah, and then it's ended up being donated or whatever it.
Speaker 1: Has to be because nobody is just dishing out that amount of vitamin is there a Walter White operating in Auckland.
Speaker 4: Imagine also the fact that if you were, you know, a city mission, you're helping out, you know, the lower classes.
Speaker 3: They've just I've just kicked the habit just got their first job.
Speaker 4: You know, they've got some houses. I've just all they want is a bit of food. And then you eat one of.
Speaker 1: Those lollies and they're all spirals out of control.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus.
Speaker 1: So if you come across Render Rinder Render brand pineapple lollies, donate them or or know what you're doing. Yeah, eat half and see you feel, but keep you.
Speaker 4: I mean like, you know, got gummies, You've got cannabis gummy gummies and all those lollies.
Speaker 1: Sure, but I've never never heard of a myth medicinal myth vitamin. All right, let's take a quick break to check the office for any Render branded pineapple lollies. When we come back, I've got another NRL scandal. R NRL scandal, this one though we don't need the alarm for it's on field. So Kyle Flanagan, who you probably haven't heard of. He remains adamant that he did not bite Stephen Crichton's nose, despite last night being handed a for match band for biting Stephen Crichton's nose. Yeah, you haven't seen the images of this. So Stephen Crichton tackled him and as he was on the ground, he sort of smashed his face into Kyle Flanagan's face.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of like.
Speaker 1: You know, a bit of hair, and his nose ended up inside Flanagan's mouth. Flanagan has then clearly better on him. You can see the photo because as Crichton's pulling his head back, has nose stretches. You know what, I'm with Flanagan.
Speaker 4: If you it's like a dog like you don't or a lion, you don't put your head or you don't put your any item in another since mouth.
Speaker 3: I'm with them, you bite down naturally.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well there's no place for it in the game, according to the judiciary.
Speaker 3: Se someone someone stuffs their nose in your mouth. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I mean like I've sucked my fear amount of snot out of a baby's nose and then sped it out.
Speaker 1: That's the clad. I didn't bite it off though, but.
Speaker 3: You've got four weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have you seen people do that?
Speaker 3: I've never seen that made me suck that. You just said that, I haven't done it.
Speaker 4: People go, how do you get because because babies can't blow their own nose. Yeah, so there is a machine you can get where you just basically put it over their nose and you and it kind of sucks out of the snot. And then I've bet someone goes I do that. I just go in there and to suck it out of my mouth and sped it out.
Speaker 3: And I was like, it's just a consistency of snot.
Speaker 1: You know, even your own can be quite revolting sometimes anyway, little one someone else, even.
Speaker 3: Though I digress.
Speaker 4: Anyway, my cousin he played super rugby and he was a big biter.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's big biter.
Speaker 6: And he I asked him why he goes up sometimes people like a few times things have just got in his mouth and he just bit them, you know what I mean, Like if it's a.
Speaker 1: Forearm or I think part of it is you think you're getting away with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Also I don't think he was searching it out.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's runing around gangang at.
Speaker 4: But one if an opportunity arose with someone's finger or arm or whatever ended up in his mouth.
Speaker 3: He was still to bite it off.
Speaker 1: Well, this was an interesting one in the NROLW a few years ago. A dear friend of the ACC Mady Bartlett, she got done for her biting. But when you watch the replay, the person was on top of her and driving their forearm into her mouth. Yeah, there was no like biting motion or anything. But then when they stood up there was like, you know, teeth marks in her forearm. It's like, you, of course, there are you just fucking shived her in the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mind yourself when someone's going for your mouth. Yeah, and you can't punch them.
Speaker 1: The difference here is he's trying to pull his nose out of Flannagan's mouth, and the photo is of Flannagin biting down and you can see his nose stretching in the and then after he's taking photos with people and his nose is bright red and there's blood dripping off. Okay, you're like, if you're trying to if you were a sport that has issues with its image, that can't be one of the images that you're putting out there into the world.
Speaker 4: Is there anything that doesn't happen on a rugby league bield. There's ass poking, there's squirrel gripping the nose biting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's all sorts.
Speaker 1: And I also just think it's the most like, if you're the kind of guy who bites people's noses, you're also the kind of guy who denies it straight away.
Speaker 3: So I love that. It is a hard thing tonight.
Speaker 4: I remember there's like it's like the was it Johann LaRue who bit off Sean Fitzpatrick? Yeah, and he denied it for a bit and then he admitted it and keep blood around his mouth and Swan Fitzpatrick's missing the end of his ear. And then he got quoted at the end of the match, you know, saying, you know, what did you do with your figures? I think I could have bitten his ear right off.
Speaker 3: That's how he defended himself.
Speaker 1: Even Mike Tyson immediately was just like, no, I didn't when he Evander Holyfield's here off and then spat it into the front row, So.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, no, you didn't? Real how did he bite that off with a mouthguard?
Speaker 1: Bottom teeth? I suppose same way. I mean Kyle Flanigan had a mouth guard and yeah, bottom teeth. I guess AnyWho is the ner on field scandal for this well, for today, I'm not going to roll that.
Speaker 3: Another one popping up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: If you've seen, by the way the Olympics, all of the athletes are flying back home again, We've got our own Jazz Hothams. She was over at sig Festival and the official like media team there got a photo of her with a gold medal. Imagine being at like a massive festival with a gold medal. That'd be pretty sick.
Speaker 3: It would be pretty so it doesn't get better than that. I wouldn't also trust myself.
Speaker 4: I would wait, I would I would wake out in the morning and go you know when sometimes you wake up in the morning and you pet your pockets.
Speaker 3: For your wallet and your phone. Yeah the Australian hucker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go there and you go, okay, I've got I've got my phone and the wallet.
Speaker 3: It can't be much worse than that. And then you go to your chest and go, fuck my gold midle gold medal.
Speaker 1: Surely you could get a replace where you I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'd take it.
Speaker 1: I think it's for you know, I would rather have that memory of me being at to get with the Yeah.
Speaker 4: True, there's a there's a great did you on social media? There's an American athlete who.
Speaker 3: Won bronze on the skateboarder.
Speaker 4: He just partied with it for a week and then it just showed the state of it and it was just fucked.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You can see the like beer stains all over it, and it was like but I always thought, like, you know, when you see a bronze like statue or something, they go like green, They get all this green shit all over them. I think that's in New Zealand with that it's that kind of is that brass kind of like especially around d and moss, mold and guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I need some bit of needs a better wit and forget. Okay, maybe maybe that's what it is, but I always thought the bronze sort of deteriorated anywhay, that's where you use it anyway. Yeah, he was complaining about the quality of them. Well, should have one gold mane, Yeah, should have one gold. They seem to be holding up all right. Pakistani man Nadim he's gone back to Pakistan to have you seen the videos of him going home? No, hundreds of thousands of people have greeted him at the airport. They put on a bus for him, hundreds of thousands of people up and down the street.
Speaker 3: Everywhere he's going, he's being carried.
Speaker 1: The politicians in Pakistan are falling over themselves to give him money so that they can say, oh, he's you know, he's my mate, Nadin.
Speaker 3: They're all so stoked with them.
Speaker 1: The Pakistan Prime Minister has announced one hundred and fifty million rupees which is five hundred and thirty eight thousand US, at a special ceremony to honor him. He also handed the keys to a new car which has a special registration plate of PAK nine two nine seven, which is how farry through it ninety two meters ninety seven centimeters, which was an Olympic record.
Speaker 3: He said in the Dems.
Speaker 1: Elevated the name of Pakistan worldwide because of his day and night hard work, pearents, prayers and coaches training.
Speaker 3: See, there's no this is no prize to me.
Speaker 4: That's why I said India should be great at the javelin because they're good at cricket.
Speaker 3: Oh, to be fair, the Indian dude got the silver medal.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go, so that, Yeah, but they're not going to take this lying down India. God no bark no being beaten by Pakistan on the world stage. As I was saying the other day, you watch the javelin program go through the roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, and that's actually that's a big part of it here, isn't it's because he beat the Indian Yes, right of course it is. I was like, wow, big, big javelin nation. I've got two hundred thousand people out into the streets just to welcome them home.
Speaker 4: Imagine what will happen to both countries javelin programs. He's going to be kids hiffen broomsticks everywhere. Yeah, I mean it's quite dangerous. You need a big space for Jefflin. There's going to be there's going to be some accidents.
Speaker 1: They're going to have pop up you know, the what are the top shot driving range things that we have here in New zealk Ye simulators. They let bloody javelin simulators. I reckon around Pakistan. We have a couple of beers and go down the javelin simulator on Friday if you ken it's just go and have a look at the videos, the photos. It's outrageous, Like the welcome that he's had home. I don't think we do that kind of thing very well here in New Zealand. I think that's a sport to watch in La.
Speaker 3: The javelin yep that's going to blow up, could kick off World War three, if it hasn't already.
Speaker 1: Tens of thousands of people also packed a stadium in Botswana to welcome home a sprinter, Tobogo, who was the two hundred meter gold medalist. He took out Noah Lyles. Thank god he did too. And yeah again, tens of thousands of people packing out stadiums.
Speaker 3: What have we done? Nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the odd hucker at the airport, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think they might be a small a small hucker. But I think they talked about a parade, but they.
Speaker 4: Said it was very difficult because a lot of the athletes are going to festivals, going on holiday. They're coming back some dribs and drabs. The sevens team has been home for two weeks.
Speaker 3: They're all at home now. There's no US starting to show up in the NRLW. Now.
Speaker 4: I think if we were a young nation who'd never won a gold medal before, they hadn't won a gold medal in thirty or forty years.
Speaker 1: Yes, but when you're willing ten of them, it gets a bit living world for fourth per capita.
Speaker 3: We really won it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it does get a little bit sort of boring a little bit. Man Paulson, by the way, he's been interviewed. Obviously he was the goalkeeper for the Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: He got sent over to Bournemouth or got bought by Bournemouth and then sent down to Auckland FC. And there was a headline in the papers today. Paulson explains shock Auckland FC.
Speaker 3: Switch. Didn't read the article, but I just.
Speaker 1: Wish that if I had clicked on it, it just popped up with the image of him just saying fuck the Phoenix just thrown gasoline on the rivalry. I can't wait for this. I can't wait for this.
Speaker 4: These two derby's happening both the side of Christmas Home and yeah there's one down in Wellington and there's one back in Mount Smart all before Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, that's gonna be good. Shit, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: We need to Is there a firm already? Is it like a football hooligan firm set up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I hope so, I hope so. But I mean down in Wellington.
Speaker 1: You just come with their briefcase and there crafty years.
Speaker 3: And I worked.
Speaker 1: This will shock you not at all that I had a random job in Australia as a postman and one day wasn't one day my boss, the big Banana they called him, He asked me to come into his office just to tell me the story about when he used to be in a firm in England and he was getting he got separated from his mates and the opponent opposing firm was chasing him down the street and he ran into a hardware store and then he ran down one of the aisles and found a shovel and picked up a shovel and was fighting ten other men off with this shovel, and then went in and supported the game and they won.
Speaker 3: And then he said, and now you're free to go. And I was like, that's all that happened.
Speaker 1: He called me and told me that story and then turned me loose back into the mail sorting room and I was like, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 3: Was he testing some material?
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was like trying to show me he was hard or something. I was like, mate, you sawt male for a living.
Speaker 4: I've had friends who have got a little bit involved in supporting teams.
Speaker 3: In London and hooliganism, well a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean they used to get there were cricketers and they were over there playing a bit of candy cricket cricket hooligans.
Speaker 3: But they'd go to the football.
Speaker 4: And the other guys they were sharpening coins like pennies and hiffing them into the opposition, like they'll be behind the goal and then they'd be right next to them and they were halfing these sharpened us kind of ten pea coins into the area, Like.
Speaker 3: What the fucking psychos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just joking about Wellington and their briefcases and craft beers.
Speaker 1: But I can't wait for them to come up here. And no, no, no, I want to go and get a bunch of coins out of the bank.
Speaker 4: Sharpening the market the grinder out well would work best. You reckon a fitty, the fetty cent. You don't want to go on a two dollars or one dollar. Well, he's too small.
Speaker 1: If you remember a few years ago they changed all the coins to the fifties A tiny Now I'd go a two dollar coin.
Speaker 3: Really just hitting two bucks about what are you doing.
Speaker 1: That's worth It's worth its American. Yeah, that's how much I hate the Phoenix now open.
Speaker 3: To open up a Phoenix fan with a two dollar coin. That's what it's worth to me.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're going to But this is the most we've talked about soccer in quite a while, despite the fact that there's none going on.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for it. I'm into it now.
Speaker 4: I'm a I'm a convert purely for the amount of noise it's going to create. And the Pulson move. Paulson, great move. I love it. It's a real finger.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a middle finger. Fuck Foix.
Speaker 1: It is Wednesday, he's going to Q talkbacks. It is Wednesday, so it is time for another half baked sports idea.
Speaker 2: Half bait sports.
Speaker 1: I dear not a lot of fan fare around the NPC starting over the weekend, although I did watch a couple of games and it was great to have the NPC.
Speaker 3: I don't know, there's something about it.
Speaker 1: I think I may prefer it to Super Rugby, and I think I think it's just because the the games are a little bit more free flowing.
Speaker 3: There's more wild shit happening. Also, you know, every team.
Speaker 4: I can't give a fuck about Act Brumbies or the Reds or the Blues from New South Wales.
Speaker 1: That's a big part of and I think probably the biggest part is that the Crusaders had to bid the season.
Speaker 3: So that's.
Speaker 1: You've given up on super right element of spat dummy here. But my idea, because they're talking about that they're not going to broadcast as many NPC games, they may even not broadcast any next season, is that what they were saying, or like one a week or something like that. I think I'm definitely going to get rid of any of the heartland stuff. Yeah, well they only did one game a week for the last few years anyway. But yeah, So my idea for it is in PC red Zone. So I don't know if you're not familiar with the NFL Red Zone, how it works is there's multiple games being played at the same time on a Sunday over there in the States, and so what they do is you can flick on a channel and it's called red Zone, and they will go between each of the games, like whoever's most likely to score next, So say there's four games going on and whoever you know Taylor swift and them are about to score a touchdown, they'll switch to that and you get to watch that. Neither score or they don't, then they'll go to whoever's more likely.
Speaker 3: Is it live or is it like the golf?
Speaker 4: It's live like because with golf, when it's around on, they cut to you patting, for example, and you drain a massive part. But then they can cut back to someone who's just teed off on a path three. But it would have happened thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, is that what happens in the red zone?
Speaker 4: Because I can imagine they can they see a touchdown scored and then they go right, but we've got another red zone happening here.
Speaker 1: Let's just well clip that bit and then they could, but they don't. I think the advantage in golf is such a slow sport, you can afford to do that without missing out on primarily bidding odds, which have to happen live, but no on the red zone.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: I think why it works for NFL is because you don't often score a hundred yard touchdown. This is probably the only part where it may fall apart for NPC. So how my idea works is that we have n PC. All of the games are played on a Saturday afternoon, and they play them all across the afternoon, So I probably start at about three four in the afternoon through to ten o'clock at night. And when you sit down on your Saturday afternoon, you're just watching the NPC. You're not watching this team with that team. Obviously you've got your own team, but you're just watching NPC for that night, and then it just flicks through. Hey, Canterbury's about to school, will go over here, Taranak is about school.
Speaker 3: We're going to go over to this game now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of a lot of fifty sixty meter tries in NPC, though, how do you that's good?
Speaker 3: How do you a line break?
Speaker 4: Say a line Brandon en Or has a line break sixty meters out because it gives it outside to Max Springer, who scores, Like, how are you gonna? Yeah, because at twenty two I get it. Twenty two is nine as the red zone by reggae players. Anyway, Yeah, there's also the issue around being in the red zone for fifteen minutes and not scoring a try.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Meanwhile, the.
Speaker 4: Tartanaki Wellington game there's been two lengths of the field tries that she hadn't been able to cut back to.
Speaker 1: You had a charge down the heaven said, yeah, I know, this is probably where it falls apart, because, yeah, you're so right.
Speaker 3: Canterbria in the red zone. Are we going to switch to them now?
Speaker 1: It's just fifteen fifteen consecutive phases and then a knock on five scrum reseets and you've missed it tries down the other end. Yeah, it could be where it falls apart, but I just feel like that gets you stuck.
Speaker 3: To your couch for that six hour stretch.
Speaker 4: I can there's merit in it, but it might have to go the gold route. You might have to have a production room bunker situation where you're clipping.
Speaker 3: They're as live as they can be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if something happens in another game, like a length of the field try you clip that and when the red zone finishes with the Canterbury Tartanaki game, you can flip to the Tasman marco versus Tago one where there's the length of the field and then go back to a you know what I mean, Like if any breakouts you clip and put in between other genuine red zones.
Speaker 1: During the Olympics, I was doing the fourth screen thing on Sky.
Speaker 3: Have you tried that?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: Nah? So you can.
Speaker 1: You know, they've got so many different channels, particularly across the Olympics. You can click whatever configuration you want, so you can have picture in pictures, so you've got your Olympics and then your rugby league game in the corner. We could do side by side. You can do up to four different sports.
Speaker 4: You did that on the skygo on the skysport now app.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can do it if you're casting to your TV, but I was doing it on my laptop.
Speaker 3: But it was great. You could watch Also.
Speaker 1: The only problem was you couldn't flick if you know, Lisa Carrington's about to go. You couldn't all of a sudden make that the bug one. You had to reconfigure them. I feel like that's probably how it would work. You'd have like four screens going and then this one becomes big when they're about to score. I don't know, I just feel like it would make it. Now, obviously it doesn't solve the problem that it still costs a shipload to broadcast all of these games.
Speaker 3: You kind of have to have cruise at every single one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hasn't fixed that problem at all, but I do think more people would watch it. Yeah, but yeah, that's my half pack sports idea for a Wednesday.
Speaker 3: It's in PC. We've had worse.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah, last week, I think the Civil War. Let's take a quick break and come back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please? Brought you by leader.
Speaker 1: Threw them to get through today. First caller, yours please.
Speaker 7: I've had a question on my mind for the last couple of weeks and says greatest New Zealander debate started. Who the fuck is Frosty Boy? Gulane keeps talking about him like he's some national icon, a treasure that is known by children and adults alike across the land. I've never heard of the guy Jesus but the boomer Now Glane getting up here?
Speaker 4: Who wrote ow Frosty Boy, Frosty Boy.
Speaker 1: I'm glad someone else. I just presumed everyone else knew who Frosty Boy was and I didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm looking for some sport out here. Surely people know who Frosty Boy.
Speaker 1: Is, well, sending in a voicemail view if you know Frosty Boy. By the sounds of it, he wouldn't have beaten mister Whippie anyway, he wouldn't. He means more and more people than Frosty Boy.
Speaker 3: He does. Another caller here, yours?
Speaker 8: What about if the head are all at the end? Imps that the hosting country could make up any event that they liked and it only ever happens once, and the French could have had a climate Eiffel Tower competition.
Speaker 2: I measine that they could make.
Speaker 8: It safe and ship la what could they have a drive by shooting a safe dry by shooting competition?
Speaker 2: Yours? Please?
Speaker 4: That that I had a vision in my mind of that. Talk back yours please. Walking down a dark corridor at a hospital, did you hear that, clop.
Speaker 1: I was picturing walking around the changing hids in your rugby boots.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a kind of a more of a high a kind of a heeled dress choe and a lino floor in a hospital. Or but in the basement of the hospital where they keep all the bodies.
Speaker 3: And stuff, there was the lights off.
Speaker 1: Fuck hundred percent lights off.
Speaker 3: What would we have in New Zealand, I guess ram rating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be would be pretty mean, and not just your typical ram rate. I'm talking like a mall ram raid, like through the front doors of a malle, Michael Hell, getting the car sideways at the mall, knocking over the mister Mint and then hitting jewelry stores, maybe a couple of clothing stores, and then out the front doors again.
Speaker 3: That's next level. Yeah, I think. So.
Speaker 1: You know what a great way to showcase some of the beautiful malls that we have around our country. Lynn Moore as well, Yeah, Glenfield Moore was the Racket and Mall Milford Mall. If you can ram rate the upstairs of the Ricket and Mall, hats off to you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's part of the challenge creativity. Yeah, and that's.
Speaker 4: Where you bring your your speed climbers in because you come through the front doors and you spend seeing the speed climbers up to the second floor.
Speaker 1: Yes, like this athlete actually competed at the speed climbing at the last Olympics, but he's converted now to ram rating just for just for the New zeal Ones siren battles, you get people.
Speaker 3: Siren pat would be funny.
Speaker 4: Imagine the rest of the world turning up going what fuck is this a bunch of dudes on rally twenties.
Speaker 3: Playing finger boys with.
Speaker 1: The stolen tenoise from sports grounds and primary.
Speaker 3: Local school girl no base, Yeah, high pitched back and binger boys. I think we'd take that one out.
Speaker 1: I think we would demolish other countries that the Siren battles, Sirron Beatles and ram rods a rerickon I go to oh gun boats throw Yeah, but la, what would they do? Well, Like you said drive bys, they could have some sort of like rap beef, you know, like dis tracks, release disk tracks. Kendrick Lamar could be and would be the hot short favorite for gold Midle. I don't really know what else is. Who can grow the strongest strain of weed? That would be good. Imagine the judging for that weeks It'll be it's basically like how quickly can you green out Snoop Dog. They start the clock from the moment he takes the first drag and whatever your strain is, and by the time he's screened out, it's like thirteen minutes.
Speaker 4: It could be a stunt Hollywood star, Yeah, so you probably could pull off the best stunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking like a forty hour film festival. It's a good idea. Yeah, see, you got forty hours to make a video and then they get that's a great idea. Yeah, maybe they get played at the closing ceremony or something. What do your film festival? All right, well the last call here you're suppose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no good idea.
Speaker 7: Lads, just wondering when did you start posting these videos on YouTube?
Speaker 1: I had no clue.
Speaker 3: I mean, you probably don't need to four views in the last hour.
Speaker 1: That's pretty disappointing, by the way, Fox Up Cannibry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well look, I mean they all we do is we video this anyway, so we just check it on YouTube as well. I mean, in fact, there's only four people watching it. That's four people that weren't.
Speaker 1: Watching it before. Well, I mean, I don't think we've ever said on this podcast that it's actually up on YouTube, and now we have, but only right at the end of the episode where no idea say most people have turned off by now, yeah, we'll shout out to all those YouTubers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe if another one is goes and views it, then we'll be at five and at that point we can really start making the big dark. Yeah, what's the tipping point seven? Oh to be Yeah, it'll be around probably double digits. Oh yeah, we'll get into that real YouTube money.
Speaker 3: Yeah bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Stephen Sheer, Yeah, if each of the five people that listen to this can tell twenty people to go and watch it, you know, we're at one hundred.
Speaker 3: Watch that mister beast coming for you, Coming for your beastie. Yeah, brilliant. All right, So I hope you've enjoyed this podcast.
Speaker 1: Go back and watch it again if you did, Yeah, and otherwise, we'll see you tomorrow for a Thursday episode of the Agenda Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for William you get your podcasts