Speaker 1: It's the Flavor podcast network.
Speaker 2: Island Roots or Clan Ways. This one's for the Brown brothers and sisters who want to be one with themselves, their culture, their identity, their roots.
Speaker 1: This is Island Roots Auckland Ways. Oh, what to do? What to do?
Speaker 3: What to do?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Island Roots or Cleaned Ways.
Speaker 3: Or cland Way on the show.
Speaker 1: Now, this is actually a preview of what's happening later on in the episode. Our rapid fire this week is a doom don't don't doom proportions. Yes and listen is the ring master. Keep listening, and we.
Speaker 3: Have about our favorite sound on desserts, but also a call forward to something else we're talking about in the episode being love Girls. Would you consist yourself a lovely girl? Very enough?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Would you say, to be honest, actually I probably wouldn't, not in the way that I'm a lovely girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you.
Speaker 3: How do I say this? I fall hard and fast? You emotions are kind of the last thing on the on the agenda looks for it. Would you say whereas I am Immediately I'll look at someone and just I'm planning our.
Speaker 1: Whole future together, right, yeah, I think a bit of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I love that fear.
Speaker 1: Just like music, like you know what music?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, how you need to take two years to learn the lyrics to a single song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a real problem.
Speaker 3: But do you know whose music I know all the lyrics to? Jordan's so excited to have Jordan with a Wii on the podcast today. I am feeling a little bit nervous because this is one of my most favorite singer songwriters ever in the studio with us. Please give it up for Marty Someone, singer songwriter, intergenerational chain breaker and real reclaimer. Jordan with the.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm alive and wow, I've been working so hard, but no, it's so cool to be here today chatting with with some cool people that I've been following for a while. You guys, you are on my FYP like no one, no one else. I'm your target audience.
Speaker 4: Just for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually yeah, she's our target listener when you go into these business meetings.
Speaker 1: It's Jordan's so so she is like a bad bitch.
Speaker 6: And it's working. I'm seeing everything that's.
Speaker 1: Cool, Jordan. Every episode we share what we love about home, So whatever home is to you wherever it feels like it doesn't have to be where you live. What is home and what do you love about it? We'll start off first, and this week what I love about home is my nana's aged care home. So she recently moved into aged care and it's been a weird experience, I will say, new for me, and I don't know, I don't want to get too deep, but yeah, it's it's just nice going to visit her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nice.
Speaker 1: And although it's a very sad situation and what Elna she has come down with, like that is all very sad. It's like it's got flowers and like photos of family everywhere, and there's always conversation going in the hallways and these people coming in and out of the rooms, so it's bustling with activity given the circumstances. Yeah, that's what I love about home.
Speaker 4: This week, you posted.
Speaker 3: This really nice video of all your family together with your nana and it's just your papa was like I've never oh not, I've never seen him so happiness nor no, but just seeing him like laugh despite the situation, and like your nana had the most beautiful smile and her face like that made me so happy, beautiful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we love.
Speaker 1: As we do love our Nana's period.
Speaker 3: What I love about Home this week is I think the Golden Alies, who are like a band someone so good. I've been listening to so much of their music recently and it is some more language if when recording this, but there's just something about that old style of someone music, and especially when you know it's been recorded live. Yes, something about it is just it's just gonna fill me with joy every time.
Speaker 4: I just love it.
Speaker 3: So the Golden Lilies is what I love about Home.
Speaker 5: Oh, those are beautiful answers. I think what I love about Home is the laughs, Like we are always laughing for mosting each other.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I think that's something that.
Speaker 5: I'm really really grateful for with the family that I have grown up and on both sides days like my mom's side, my dad's side, or my cousins, my just I think that's just a very strong gene in our family is like to find the humor in everything. So whether life is really awful at the time or whether it's incredible, you can always count on the family to bring some laugh to the table.
Speaker 3: I love that there's something about like a Pacific laugh.
Speaker 6: It is so really good, truly.
Speaker 1: I was catching up with a couple of mates and Wellington, I didn't and seem to catch up with him, but I just saw them on the side of the street and we hadn't seen each other in maybe a couple of years. And I was there with my little sister, and after we finished saying bye to each other, my little sister was like, you know those bilongies across the road we're looking at It scary the amount of.
Speaker 5: Times me and my girls have been told off laughing too loud, talking too loud.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you wish you had something.
Speaker 5: To laugh about, make me angry.
Speaker 3: I love it so much. Well, Jordan, you at Jordan with a why? But what is that why? Please tell us about the why?
Speaker 6: What is the why?
Speaker 5: It's yeah, Well my why is definitely firstly my sons.
Speaker 6: I've got two sons.
Speaker 5: I've got a seven year old and a two year old, and I think since becoming a mother, like I just have a different drive to be.
Speaker 6: Unapologetically who I am. And I don't mean like in a real individualistic way.
Speaker 5: I just mean like as a mildy, as a someone woman who was born and raised in South Auckland, Like I just want to be that amplified because there's so many of us, Yeah, and so that they can have a certain confidence as they're growing up.
Speaker 6: And I think also my wife is I'm a lover girl at heart.
Speaker 5: I love love and I love justice, so like love and justice are my That's kind of like what I try and build my world around.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 4: I'm also a love girl at heart. I love love, love.
Speaker 3: Love in all forms in any ways.
Speaker 6: Fast around here.
Speaker 3: Yes that was about But there's just something about like when you live your life. I think, especially as like a Pasifico woman, an indigenous woman living a life centered around love is a little bit political and a little bit like weird in a world where we often have to like really fight for our sense of place, to actively work against that and just be like a joyful, baddie, happy love a girl, Like there's something really like political and like resistant about that that I think is like you subconsciously ended up being like quite political, and like that sense of justice comes through when you.
Speaker 4: Are just fight fighting for love, fighting for love.
Speaker 6: We lover is not fighters. All we love is and fighters.
Speaker 3: We're everything all one too.
Speaker 1: How has motherhood been for you when you had your first How is that experience.
Speaker 6: It's been?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: So, I was twenty four when I had my first born, which seems like a really good appropriate age advocate, But why did I feel like I was fourteen? I still feel like a young teenage mom. Let me have children and like be in charge of humans raising them.
Speaker 6: It was definitely.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, and in lots of ways, I'm grateful that that was the age. And then in other ways, I like wish I was younger to have had more energy to be growing with my with my kids, But it definitely helped to solidify for me how I will and won't bring up my sons like I think just a lot of the questions that I had myself around identity and like am I good enough?
Speaker 2: A might not?
Speaker 5: All of those questions I definitely knew. I don't want my sons to to have those kind of thoughts or to really battle with identity questions. So as much as I can input and inform them about who they are.
Speaker 3: Are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like having kids really made me settle into that. I don't think you have to have kids to settle into that, but for me and my own story. I don't think I could have landed where I am now without without Yeah, being a.
Speaker 1: Mom, they do say that, well not in all cases, but before you're a parent, you kind of just stumble about life and you do as you please. But once you bring children into the world, you have ambition and you have something that you're fighting for. Would you say that's the case for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was my experience. I you know, the ambitions that I had before all of a sudden had a timeline.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like my my Tani and I knew that we wanted our kids to be raised speaking todayl Mali, especially if they're being raised here in Alta, and so.
Speaker 6: That was always like, yeah, that'll be great. One day, we'll do that.
Speaker 5: Once I had my baby, we were like whoa, Like we actually need to learn now because now they're going to be growing. My son's going to be too years old soon and we still don't know how to speak. And so that it really put a timeline on some of these ambitions that we're always carried but got to action them.
Speaker 1: Did you and know how to call it?
Speaker 4: Not at all?
Speaker 6: Not at all.
Speaker 5: No, we both didn't grow up very immersed in our Maldi tongue or in towel Mali at all. Really, I was a lot closer to my son one side, grew up in South Auckland, a lot closer with like my mum's side of the family and my upbringing, so I was always very exposed to that side, but not really to my Maldi side. So we got to learn that together.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so beautiful. And to learn together with your comedy key as.
Speaker 6: Well, exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: So it's been a really cool experience. And then like my siblings have been learning so wid learning together.
Speaker 1: That's what it's all about. Growing up in South Auckland, south Side Ade.
Speaker 5: So our family home is in Autara, that's all is going to be home the brave.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then like I've lived everywhere like mangoted Papa Toy Toy really went to Papa Too North Primary School, Cagley Intermediate and then shot us over the Central or hung High School. I think all the South Aukland parents had the same idea. They were like, we're going to send our.
Speaker 4: Kids to a good school.
Speaker 5: It was basically a South Side Anyway Browns, you know.
Speaker 6: But it was Yeah, it was a cool experience.
Speaker 1: You, of course, are proud to be Maudi and someone. What are your favorite things about your upbringing and the South Side.
Speaker 5: I love South Auckland like I love I love the food and the food prices. I think there are just certain I don't know, it's like, you know, okay, this sounds bad, but like the smell of burning rubbish. There's like certain sins that really brings take you back, seeing like the banana.
Speaker 6: Trees, or like harrow leaves and people's.
Speaker 5: Gardens, seeing bright colored houses, the dairies, like you see people on this with their sirens and like outside whipping their ear, love lovers, like there are so many beautiful cultural I think that is so South Aukland. That's almost like you do see little bits of that in the islands back in some wore, but it's like South Auckland fight, you know, like it's such a culture. I think in South Aukland that I'm so proud to have been raised in. Yeah, and I think to like, having lived a lot of my adult life now more Central. Every time I go back, it's just there's nothing like home. There's nothing like those sounds or smells or people or yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I lived in Ellieslie for a while, and I think because I grew up in Money, they were like same home, same street, everything, my whole life. Those like motifs of like South Aakland life were like normal to me. So I kind of almost took it for granted a little bit, obviously, always so proud to be from South Oakland, so proud to be from to six seven all day. But I didn't realize until I left to go to Elsie, which is quite central and the areas of him was quite white, and then realizing like, oh my god, those are the things that have made me me without even realizing it. And I felt like I grew up really disconnected to my culture, when actually I don't think I did. Yeah, I was actually really blessed to see my culture every day. Maybe I just didn't recognize it at the time. So when I did eventually move back to Money deal it it.
Speaker 4: Was just like.
Speaker 3: It was like an ex Yeah, everything is right again.
Speaker 5: The fences are not so high, like there's just something very communal. Guys, we have a really good tolerance for noise.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what. Living Central Auckland, these neighbors, I could sneeze and it's too loud.
Speaker 4: It is really ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I'm trying so hard. My family show it so hard to be like really quiet, and still we get noise complaints. I'm like, guys, you clearly did not grow up. And on a Friday it doesn't stop.
Speaker 6: Monday.
Speaker 1: Just the other night, I me and my two flatties, each of us in our rooms we are blasting our own music. So in one room there was like Kendrick Klemar and then the other room was the Nolan sisters, and then the other room was Debrah Cox and it's just like three loud ass the noise, different songs.
Speaker 5: I love that the island mixes, you know that you're blasting at the flea markets. There's just so many cool things about South Auckland. I love it so much. Got me, you know what I mean, so familiar, it's not one word, and you know, yeah, you know, you know where you are and then you look up.
Speaker 4: You're kind of.
Speaker 3: Already spoken to this. But growing up, did you always feel like you valued both sides of your ancestry? I mean you said that you let you linked more into your palm one ness growing up? Was that intentional or did it just happen that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I you know, it was definitely a journey me learning how to love my Maldy self. And I think, honestly that was just because I was raising a time where what I was seeing on TV. I think when you're not connected to your Maldi side, you don't have your family to inform you about what being Maldi means, then you kind of get your reference points from TV or from the news, and unfortunately, what I was seeing was not great things, and so I always felt like being Maldy was like the butt of the joke, you know, And I really did struggle to learn how to love that side of myself, and I probably didn't start that until, to be honest, like the end of high school. I was always really proud to be someone, but it was really hard for me to accept and love being Maldi. Now I adore that part of me, and like, what's really caused my sons they just think being Maldy is the coolest thing. They look at their dad who has a mataora, and to them that it's like the epitome of handsomeness. That's what they want. And it's so healing because as a child I could never see the beauty in that and now to see my own kids thinking that that is the epitome of beauty is very healing. I think for little girl Jordan, who had had a hard time with.
Speaker 3: That, Gosh, that's so special. Motherhood was almost like healing your in a child.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit. Motherhood is teaching me how unregulated I am.
Speaker 3: As I feel like also, Pacific communities are still really bad at Oh, we might have to cut this outher episode, but it's still really bad allies to Mardy communities. And often I think because I can think of like my dad's generation came to New Zealand and we're like, oh, well, we see that being Maldi is like bad, so we shouldn't be like them, and in fact we should like treat Maldi like shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, at least for a lot of my friends who have that shared fuck papa through the like the Islands and also here in out Theodore, it's a process of like unlearning that racism as well, because oftentimes they've just been subjected to these really false narratives, often from both sides of the fucker Papa that has really harmed them in their cultural journey.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure, Yeah, I think so too, and it's all like we're all in the rat race, yeah, and everyone's just hustling trying to get their food. And if someone else, you know, if the big boss are saying, oh that's your enemy, of course you want to look across and you're going to do whatever you can tell each other to get ahead. So I think it's been unlearning that we actually we're actually on the same team exactly, you know, and we that our freedom is all of our freedom, freedom for Maldi, and alter's actually freedom for everyone.
Speaker 3: In one hundred one a big big learning for me in the past year. I work in like a bilingual community hub, and so speaking to still Maudi as normal, we live in TiO Mahdi. That is the world we live in when we come to ma He And for me, learning that TiO Maudi accept everyone, the whole person, your whole fucking papa everything has been really special because it's I showed me that Pakia not that they're at odds, but has often made me feel like I need to strip parts of myself in order to be okay in different rooms. So to be within our Maudi is actually a really positive thing. I think for a lot of Pacific communities and we need to embrace that more because I've.
Speaker 6: Never felt so whole.
Speaker 3: I never felt so like accepted as a whole human being before in a way that I just haven't in other rooms or in taur Pakia. Yeah beautiful, absolutely my tangent.
Speaker 6: That's so good.
Speaker 1: Nah. Yeah. I can also testify to that because like being in the space and with the reach that we have and the platform that we own, it's important for me to celebrate the Mahdi, and with that, I'm able to celebrate every other aspect of myself as well. Like it has made celebrating myself so much easier, like tapping into I don't know, things as simple as speaking on ear like is helpful for every community hearing themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just making more room, may just going. It's I guess, breaking down the false narrative that there's only enough room for you know, a certain amount of languages, like nah, it's not, there's an infinite amount of spaces. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I guess that's kind of a theme on your song Haylove, which I was telling you be whore we started recording, is like one of the most favorite songs of all time, and you're just speaking about how I'm regulated, how that song regulates me.
Speaker 1: Girl, I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, I can breathe, That's crazy. I can breathe and I can cry.
Speaker 4: Well, I love that for me.
Speaker 3: But what kind of things are you thinking when you're writing I guess songs like Haylove, but other songs that you've put out about real reclamation and like loving your whole self?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that they really do come from that experience, you know, reclaiming and facing all of those identity questions that you know, not having a familiarity with who you are, or feeling like, oh, my pronunciation should be so much better, you know, just like the practical things about reclaiming.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just think that I'm not the only one experiencing these and like, what's something that people would.
Speaker 6: Want to know how to do?
Speaker 5: Our ancestors look at us on our reclamation journeys, the ones who thought that speaking Mali was going to take us nowhere, Like what would they observe now that we're seeing the reclamation? And honestly, like my full time money is basically being Maldi and speaking to tell Maldi and using it in songs, and it's such a flip side to what the narrative was. So I guess I just try and add I think hope is really important, Like it's really important for us to hope, because life is honestly a bit terrible for a lot of people, and yeah, really awful and trying to navigate a lot of these spaces, you know, trying to reclaim while you're trying to pay the bills and raise your kids and just do really practical things. It's so like pay for the groceries. It's just life can just be really hard. Living is really hard, and so I always feel like if I can offer some hope or a little window of like peace for people, I enjoy writing songs because songs anyone who's who's working any job at any point can consume music and it can mean whatever it needs to mean for them. Yeah, and it's not the same as me trying to sell like a different lifestyle that's actually.
Speaker 1: Not everyone.
Speaker 6: Financial, free, free.
Speaker 1: Yourself Flights of the Gold Coats Jordan. How did you start off in songwriting and music? Has it always been a passion of yours? What's there a point that you thought, Okay, so we're actually going to start making something of We're going to reach out to these people, try and get this putia to make this song.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I had.
Speaker 5: Not to bring the mood down, but like I had, I had gone through a miscarriage experience, and I was finding it really hard to process all of it because, like you know, with miscarriage, it's like, Okay, you miscarried, and then you go back to work.
Speaker 3: Like that's just it. What do you mean, there's no nothing else.
Speaker 5: It's like when you have a headache, Like it's like you stay away from work for like a couple of days and then you go back and you just straight back into it. Yeah, but there's a whole Like my body was really it was not okay. My hormones were all over the place, my mental health was really unwell. And for me, the only way that I could feel like I was taking a control of it was through songwriting. And I wanted it to be a fool. I suppose I was looking at it like Teacuger, like let's do step one, step two, and I wanted to. I just used my own money a to I used the credit card to you know, pay for a producer to produce this whole song, so that it had a start and a finish and it was like a full on process, physical process that I could go through. That to me was an outlet, so I wasn't just harboring all of the feelings that were just really odd in relation to that experience. So then once I had that song out, people responded to it, which was weird. I didn't make it for anyone really, I just made it as a part of this process that was going to be helpful to me. But once I was getting responses like that, I was like, oh, I've got another song like in my back pocket. So then I applied for funding and yeah, I've just been building on that momentum. So it wasn't like I didn't really decide to pursue it as a career. It just sort of naturally happened. And then I've really jumped on that wave, I think.
Speaker 1: So it was just initially an avenue for you to channel all this emotion through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you feel healed after that songwriting process putting that first change?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I feel like what I wanted was to be able to birth a child initially, but that couldn't happen. So then I ended up bringing something else to life, and in a really weird way, this has really taken on a life of its own. So it's very to me. It's a really meaningful way to see a life lived out that I had to mourn, you know, yeah, because I had to mourn that it was over, but it kind of was a catalyst for a different kind of life. So yeah, it's very full circle, and you know, it's still It doesn't make it any less hurtful that that happened, but it is I think a cool little picture that it's just life, a like, you have these awful things that sometimes happened, and life keeps moving on, and sometimes you can utilize your experiences. They don't have to be wasted or they don't have to just sit there as like a stab to you like you can you can really use them and keep pushing yourself forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you always make music with the intention of making music and el mahudi or did it? Was it just kind of like the two passions came together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think because I was learning to deal maldi, it was just a natural thing that I was doing. So then of course it was informing my songwriting and that's become a really normal like my at home we mostly speak Maldie and a lot of my life is spent in a lot of real Maldi spaces, so it just makes a lot of sense. It's a real natural thing that I then write songs in teal Maldi or bilingual songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so special.
Speaker 1: Would you say it was easier to learn tereo Maudi given their are similarities between Teo and Namasamo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think two.
Speaker 5: Like I went to Corhungo when I was little, Okay, so a lot of it was kind of already planted. Yeah, it felt like a remembering, just remembering certain sentence structures and because my mouth fit around a lot of the words really nicely, and so that was cool. And I think just singing, like learning to tell Mauldi songs when I was little, it was really helpful for pronunciation. But yeah, there's definitely a lot of similarities and and lots of Pacific Island languages too.
Speaker 6: Did you grow up speaking someone?
Speaker 5: No, So my nana would always speak to me and someone, so I could understand a lot. Yeah, but I couldn't like hard out form. I can say like certain sayings, yeah, you know, but I don't understand the structures of sentences or anything. I can't break it down in the same way that I can break it down into deal maldi. Yeah, but that'll change, that has me in five years.
Speaker 3: And yeah it'll be fluent. This podcast will be and you're gonna sound what.
Speaker 1: That helps. We always talk about this, ya, try and grow.
Speaker 4: We're really trying.
Speaker 1: We're trying to do the classes. Life just.
Speaker 5: Extra time may like there's more time out of your already busy schedules, but we get there.
Speaker 3: We will get there, man. And I always like our pronunciation is good. It's just the like committing to speaking and the sentence structure and everything.
Speaker 5: It's the speaking and you know, it's like the intonations, it's the like the melody yes, because my mom is my mom is a someon on bord lady and she never lets me forget it, like you sound like a bilogging when.
Speaker 4: You say then.
Speaker 5: You know there's a certain like melody that and you can really tell the difference. So I'm like, Mom, we've got to be kind to each other. But apparently kindness is not.
Speaker 4: Not extended the mad situation.
Speaker 1: When I was the last time you went back to.
Speaker 5: Someone twenty sixteen, I was there for a for a family reunion, and at that time, my Nana was still alive with us, so it was like a really beautiful family reunion and she got to take us everywhere that she grew up and all of that. So I'm like, I'm a little bit I'm a little bit hesitant to go back without her, but I definitely need to. I need to take my boys back to the to the homeland and let them be experiencing it as they're growing up as well.
Speaker 3: Going back to the whyare's a chats? Is there a favorite whites of yours that you have at the moment? Oh, that's so hard, So I try to pick your favorite kid. We've just written, like literally a couple of days ago. We just worked on the focus track for my album, so it'll be like with wires to anthems as well. And I don't know, there's something about it that that it just encapsulates I think a lot of who I am and what my kind of full stop is, you know, about love and justice.
Speaker 6: It kind of feels like all of that. So it's yeah, I can't say what it's called, but.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you We're Yeah, Wait, I couldnot wait.
Speaker 1: Jordan, tell us about only An, You've hopped on as one of the writers for season three. Just recently, it's been a club that's been circular circulating around social.
Speaker 3: Jeffy wid YEA so good.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: You guys take the culture, really get it, like you know, you know, yeah, it was incredible because I'm not a qualified writer or anything like that. I just am an idiot online and so you know, I got hit up by one of their head writers and was able to join the story. So I feel like that was me going to school, Like I was really learning a lot about writing and about how to translate your own like it could be a great idea, but then writing it out and like fleshing it out into a decent storyline is it's a whole other skill. So I feel like I just got to learn from the best, like funniest working there in the game. And I just feel so lucky to be a part of the project. And I saw the first episode. Honestly, it's so funny. It's so funny.
Speaker 6: Do you don't real?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I often find when I'm writing, I don't like to share it with other people.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're the same.
Speaker 3: But did you ever have any moments of like imposter syndrome and how did you like overcome that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my whole life is impossible.
Speaker 5: My whole life, I keep saying, or like I just line on my CV everything.
Speaker 3: I do anything, I just have here, what the hell?
Speaker 5: I definitely I always have imposter syndrome. I always feel like I'm not qualified to be in the room. Yeah, but I've just learned to make friends with that tunny fie, Like it's just it is what it is. I think they're just opportunities for learning. Like I'm not trying to be the best in the room or anything. I'm just trying to learn and be the best meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean the only thing I'm comparing.
Speaker 5: Myself to is how I was six months ago and my own timeline. So it's like, what an incredible opportunity to be sitting with women who are one incredibly funny, amazing storytellers and Jordan and so I just felt like, yeah, I just felt so privileged to even be a part of the project and to feel like I had some stories to offer and experiences to offer, and yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that so good.
Speaker 1: Go watch it now. Stream it on for or Maudi plus before you go, Jordan, Also, how are you feeling ahead off the Music Awards for Artists and Manadio?
Speaker 3: So excited you so god, I feel I'm so excited, but.
Speaker 6: I'm so nervous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're performing as well with the at the AMA, so I'm like so excited for that. You know, performing with like crowds is so fun, but then performing in front of artists who like.
Speaker 6: Do this for a living really.
Speaker 3: Pressure.
Speaker 6: So but it'll be fun. I know it'll be fun.
Speaker 5: It'll just it's another amazing, incredible moment and everyone else in those categories are like amazing multi music is winning. Honestly lucky to be considered alongside all of those incredible artists.
Speaker 1: So cool, love all those names.
Speaker 6: So fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyone for our people is like, you know, that's what we want.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm okay, but it's a fun one okay period. When does this come out in a while?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oli Banger, that's the one that's that's nominated for the.
Speaker 4: It'll be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Jordan, time for our rapid Fire and it's just one question we want you to answer. Please your case, how about we start off, I don't have one. What is the best? Yeah, battle of the.
Speaker 3: Plea?
Speaker 4: You're okay with? Why mariapung i? Ever?
Speaker 3: What is the best ever some won dessert? And why mans take the floor?
Speaker 1: Tell lover maay langy mama. Okay. So here's what I think is the best ever salmon dessert. I'm gonna have to go with byefulla bye falla, you know, starting off with that base, nice and buttery, mold in your mouth, flaky, and then the custard, pineapple custard. Someone's are smart? Where else in the world are you here? Are you hearing and seeing and tasting pineapple custard? And then on top, either you can go cream or the ogs went with meringue, and meringue you put on top, and I like the meringue, but also you could do cream with peaches and peanuts. But yum, sweet, nutty, earthy. You're getting all the sensations. Impair it with a cup of coco some more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate cocoo some, but I love cockle. I don't might focus somewhat and that's okay.
Speaker 1: What is it about it?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it's trauma having to prepare it?
Speaker 6: Do you not like the bits of.
Speaker 3: I think texture, yeah, because I might be on the spectrum and you know the picture things. Sorry, Okay, do you feel like you your case? Okay, Jordan take the floor.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna go with a classic.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: We're going with Bunny boot.
Speaker 5: Because I feel like bunky bootball just slaps, doesn't matter where you are, doesn't matter, summer, winter, wherever you are.
Speaker 4: Any time of day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was either cock or cup of tea, doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Like, if it's a good bunky bootball, then you know your whole soul is being fed.
Speaker 1: Yes, you could have it.
Speaker 6: You could have it on its own.
Speaker 5: You could have it on the side, like come on, come, and you can support so many small businesses out there that are now making bunny make it yourself because I can't make it.
Speaker 1: They'll teach you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh both so good, two of my favorite foods in the whole wide world. But I think just for like the versatility, the readyness, the availability of it, I'm gonna have to go Bunny. But yeah, and like you can just you can heat it up. You don't know, it doesn't need to be heated up. You can you can have it cold with the cup and sea like, you know, come on, but it is delicious. So yeah, it's a very close race.
Speaker 1: We would have bought, we would have had, but you know, we are we are, so we can.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, thank you so much Jordan for joining us. Where can the peoples find you on the instagrams and the spotifies.
Speaker 6: Anywhere is Jordan with a y w h y beautiful?
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, sirs.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having this so fun.
Speaker 1: Before you go, is Jordan's actually your real name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I'm Rebecca.
Speaker 4: It's Diane actually Karen Curly.
Speaker 6: That's actually my.
Speaker 1: Favorite and that was the episode.
Speaker 4: That was the episode.
Speaker 1: I was trying to come up in my mind with a bridges and reference, you know how, what's her name? Lady whistled?
Speaker 3: Lady whistle up?
Speaker 1: Like, oh gentlest reader, God.
Speaker 4: Thank god you're not in the studio with that.
Speaker 1: One. Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I was giving four DS.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm so sorry, speaking of four DS.
Speaker 4: We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 3: Bye.