Speaker 1: Live for the Export Bier Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Thursday, the twenty seventh of you.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Vulture.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the studio, Lane, Oh, great to be back. We're on the road. Got a bit of feedback that I sounded like death reheaded yesterday. Much better this morning. Not much better this morning. A little bit more pep in your stick. But got a bit about me. I feel okay, Yeah I do. I sound allful. Yeah, it's talking to missus on the phone before. I've not seen quite some time. Jessid you sound crook?
Speaker 3: You sound like that you've got the Colombian flu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a bit of bender flu. We were down there in Wellington for the dB conference. Yep, I've converted. Yeah, they've converted me. Me and Joe sat in the back of that conference and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're thirsty for better, and that I think is more our slogan.
Speaker 1: I really reminated with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so did I thirsty for better? I'm always thirsty for better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the thing is how I stay thirsty for better as by being real shit and then there's always an opportunity to be better. And I think that's actually an efficiency that I found that I really wanted to share with other people at the At the conference.
Speaker 3: I could I mean you and I mean I had DMC it. You guys were in the back and I could almost hear you going preach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 3: And then also I could hear you opening cans.
Speaker 1: Man, it was loud when you go up in the can. At the back of that thing. We were sort of it was a weird situation because we didn't work for the company, so there's obviously you know, I feel like you're part of it, though, Oh I feel like I'm part of it definitely, but I don't report to anyone there, and so there's like always a power dynamic at these things. We were outside of it. We were sort of like Switzerland, and so we were cracking beers and people were turning around looking at us. We're like, oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a dB conference down the back there, but yeah, I've been brainwashed entirely in Yeah, it was a good time. They're nowhere near as punishing as I thought it was going to.
Speaker 3: Be ah, No, it was. It was short, sharp and then off to the pub which I think trade visits, sorry, trade visits, but I thought that was that was great. Everon did a pretty good job down there. Wellington was above Shed twenty two there in the teatro room and just to you know, give you a peek behind the curtain, I m seed it and Nate from the local EWI was supposed to do the katakia at his start, and he had a fifteen minute slot for the kadokia because he was going to give a background of you know the.
Speaker 1: Local ewe, Yeah, where we are, the history of the place.
Speaker 3: And he got he got called away the last minute, so he was running late, dangerously dangerously late. Anyway, it got quite close to the lunch break and the chicken hadn't been cooked yet, and I get a word. I'm kind of backstage and they're like, hey, since then kadokya didn't happen, where like the chicken's gonna be ready for the fifteen minutes. You reckon you could go out there and paired for fifteen I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, there, filibusters.
Speaker 3: So I went out and I told a couple of stories, just out of the blue, like totally out of context, like great presentations, presentations, you know. It was visions and then me coming out before lunch and filibusting with a couple of what Brian Waddle stories, Lee Hart stories, and then they.
Speaker 1: Were well received, but I could tell that there was a little bit of what's this going on? About what's his end goal?
Speaker 3: And then I told two stories, and then I was moving into the fin and I was like, it's only going to get bluer and bluer these stories. And then I looked over to my left and thank co Christ, I saw the guy run the sound disk just giving me the just like pointing to Nate, and I was like, ah, thank Christ, Now we're going to have a We cut a.
Speaker 1: Care before before lunch, I had the same thought process because the first story was about how you flew or you flew the helicopter into the cake. Then just to piss off Brian Waddle, second story was about how you got kicked out of the work cup for Lee stealing the trolley stealing. I was like, the third story is going to get real blue. This is going to go sideways. This could be really harmful for all brands involved, and the start a line.
Speaker 3: It's Martiniki and luckily Nate was there to rescue meekers porn.
Speaker 1: He did a good job too, because you were You said, I will sweep now it's time for lunch, and then all of a sudden like naa, Nate's here now, so we're going to do the kind of care And poor dude had to get up there knowing full well everyone in the room steering daggers at him like you're standing between us and lunch.
Speaker 3: I really know he was standing between them and getting someone alla poisoning from noting to check it properly. So he did everyone a good service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was. We were unlucky that we didn't get to go on any of the trade visits. I think we might have dodged a bullet there. I think we did too.
Speaker 3: I was looking at some footage of previous conferences.
Speaker 1: Looks hectic, Yeah, it does, look heck it. We flew back to Auckland. Noel Black's on this flight, or even if they were, aldn't seen them because I slept the whole way through touchdown, Uber straight into the studio and we commentated Stade Origin, which was an absolute blowout. It was full noise the Hodak. Your team was still going at the pub from the Dan Lou. Yeah, when we got there, I was within five minutes of me walking into that pub, two glasses of wine had been smashed on the floor. I was, what have you guys been doing back here? This is outrageous.
Speaker 3: I have a state of O. Yes, ninety thousand people at the MCG. It looked incredible to me.
Speaker 1: It's unreal.
Speaker 3: And that is that's AFL country hard.
Speaker 1: You can still see the markings on the field. Yeah, that is.
Speaker 3: That shows the strength of NRL at the moment. Yeah, and the fact that a city that's by no stretching imagination in a league town. No, it's ninety thousand people there, Yeah, that's to Eden Parks.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, it was ridiculous. It looked like an old school like Roman Colisseum type situation. And it was a suspicious amount of people there because it was ninety thousand and like eight or something. So I suspect that ninety thousand is the threshold for some sort of international event. Oh yeah, and they've put that up there to show how we can actually hold ninety thousand, because like last year when they said that the Warriors weren't going to be able to host home playoff games because the capacity was under twenty five thousand. Sure enough, next week, twenty five thousand three people in the building, we'll be having our playoffs.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: So I think they might have been a bit of that, but it did look incredible and by all accounts that Melbourne's sort of sporting precinct, there's excellent. I've never been there about.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's next level you've got because you've got the Tennis Center, you've got the MCG Yeah, all of mone area, and I think you can even just about walk to what a marvel needy head now. One under the roof, yes, yeah, I mean I've got a stadium that's got a roof on it that.
Speaker 1: They hardly use. Yeah, I watched it. I watched a.
Speaker 3: One dayer under the roof there really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was Australia versus the World eleven and.
Speaker 1: They shut the roof. Yeah, yeah, awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that's very cool. We need to get over there, need do one of our track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm working on it. I'm working on it. I'm working on doing the best of Australia. So in my mind we go to Bathist Yeah, we go to the Formula One, we go to the Lions versus Yanzac fifteen, and we go to NRL Grand Final and then the Ashes five of the best Australian sporting events.
Speaker 1: The best Australia has to offer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, that's that's I'm working on that.
Speaker 1: Lu Camel Races. I'd love to do that. And the Euros are going on at the moment as well. I know this is not something that we follow very closely, and we do need to get someone and I think maybe Jason Pye on the Monday.
Speaker 3: Yes, get him on Monday to Tuesday, because we'll getting into the pointing we are getting.
Speaker 1: And I understand a massive upset pulled off by Georgia who beat Portugal two nil and advanced to the last sixtent So that's Portugal out now.
Speaker 3: Let's yeah, that's that Christiano Ronaldo I.
Speaker 1: Saw it, has got the most goals and the most assists in euro history. Yeah, this is you'd be doing well to beat him because I feel like he was playing at like seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's his last Euro as though. Yeah, so a shame he's gone, but good for an Eastern European country like Georgia, just to kind of bring back them arale again. Copyed a lot over there. Got a bit on yeah going on around there, got a bit on yeh.
Speaker 1: A few sort of proxy war situations going on. That guy who tried to lead a revolt against Putin, oh yeah, and then he got given a site granted asylum in Georgia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then all of a sudden this playing fell out of the sky like.
Speaker 1: Yes, sweet man, hey, look all's forgiven. Fly back to Georgia. Here, we'll give you a plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's unlike Russia.
Speaker 1: Acus.
Speaker 3: Then they're big poison guys, aren't they.
Speaker 1: They are poison guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not so much plane crash guys.
Speaker 1: I've been doing a lot of research into dictators lately. I'm not a real dictator, but easy dictator of choice, I would have to say. Inverhoja, oh yeah, took ministan Oh yeah, yeah. He's quite a bizarre character. He built turrets. The whole country is just covered in these weird little turrets from when he thought they were going to get invaded, and so every like farm, everything had a turret so the local farmer could just hop in there and start shooting dudes.
Speaker 3: Oh like sniper tarret Yeah, but yeah, but they look more like phone births.
Speaker 1: It's one of the more bizarre things. He was a poisoner. They've all got their way of killing their.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because mcgaby was a more of a car crash mcgabi.
Speaker 1: Was a car crash guy. Yeah. Then I listened to an interview with a journalist who lived over there in Zimbabwe Rhodesia. He said, in the three years that he started covering the election cycles over there, he got his car got written off three times, and it's like, what are the odds of that? So guys would be running against him for an election and then all of a sudden get cleaned up by a concrete truck on the model. So a little kamakazi action, the Mugabakazi. Yeah, put a poisoner. Yeah, he's a poisoner of note.
Speaker 3: Oh always he's quite tight with turk minister. And then if they're both on the poison yeah, oh it's poison trained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a it's not uncommon for the poisoners. Saddam was just an old school he will disappear you, Yeah, just shoot him. Saddam is Sam would just be like, yeah, you've gone missing now just for saying something in your own But anyway, I digress. Evidently these kinds of things can produce great sporting results, as we've seen Afghanistan going great guns at the moment, Georgia now going great guns in the Euros as well. Let's take a quick break here at the end of this podcast. We have so many yours pleases to get through, so forgive us for whipping through the sports at the top of this, but I want to get to those. Let's take quick break. We're go right back the All Blacks lane. They have assembled their team after the thirty two players that raise it named in christ Church. On Monday night. Forty players were presented at the squad assembly in Lower Hut, including Sam Kaine, the injured former skipper, yep, Will Jordan, David HARVILLI was there, George Bauer, Rubin Love, Peter Lukeye, Yeah, nice, Josh Lord and Sam Derry. We're all in the squad assembled there in Lower Hut. Just they get around, don't they, the All Blacks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that what they're doing their training camp? I presume so, and then they're gonna go back down to it seems a bit weird, isn't it jumping around a bit?
Speaker 3: You wouldn't you just go to Duneda and get ready down their.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have thought so. Surely they'll be down there very shortly. But the other thing that Razer revealed, and this is something that he's done with the Crusaders for years, is he's come up with a theme for the season, and he does that for the Super Rugby seasons. And I actually think last year's one was the last dance was there was there theme?
Speaker 3: Which makes more sense than Michael Jordan's last dance because Razor obviously danced, does dance.
Speaker 1: So it was quite literally, we're gonna my last dance. Probably why he actually shot himself on the foot a little bit there, Razor by doing that, because I think that's probably what prompted Richie Manga to dance when they won the year, and he really overshadowed when he flopped out his He flopped out one of the great great worms. The theme this year for the All Blacks is walk Together. What does that mean? Walk together?
Speaker 3: I guess it's I prefer run sprint, yeah, you know, or smashed together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, because for South Africa, I don't know if they're big on themes, but Razzie Rasmus has seemed one of his themes was fuck them up. You must you must suck them up. Very South African to tell someone they must do something, not.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should, you should go must you must them I must have fucked them up.
Speaker 1: So we've gone from we must suck them up to walk together, which is a little bit passive to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems a little something's in a little bit more uh hectic, would be good for me. Something a little bit more full noise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, terrifying. Yeah, like I mean as mcgirl as it was when Eddie Jones was cutting kiwi fruit in half of samurai swords at the Japan World Cup. Like that's motivated. It's good and I get it, you know, walk together. I don't know. Maybe I've heard of this quite common thing in Super rugby for teams to come up with a theme. Do we the a SEC need to come up with themes for the season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirsty for better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirsty for the status quo. Maybe we need to do it whenever we have a sporting event, So when the Olympics start, Yeah, okay, ye have a theme.
Speaker 3: Well, we are going to we are going to cover the Olympics. We've got Olympic specials each day, which I'm looking forward to because I don't actually know anything about the Olympics coming up and who's who's up for it.
Speaker 1: No. I A lot of people have been asking us if we're going to commentate the Olympics, and obviously they haven't thought about the logistics of it. That's our job. Logistics of commentating the Olympics just a shit show because.
Speaker 3: The timings are terrible. What events do we do it's overnight.
Speaker 1: Do we do Tom Walsh's shot put heats at one thirty in the morning? Are people going to get up and watch that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, the timings are all the evening hero events like the two hundred final, the one hundred final. Track and field is actually in breakfast. It's like seven till nine in the morning. But all the stuff we've got at like sitting down, going backwards, and they're all on during the day, so you know, you kayak and you're rowing all that kind of carry on.
Speaker 1: It is happening during the day. I don't know, it's hard.
Speaker 3: I think we'll just basically we'll summarize each night's action during the day so you don't have to stay up all night. Yeah, give you some army with some water cooler chat. But on the all Blacks, don't forget where are going to be at the Kensington in Dunedin. We're actually going to be there Friday and Saturday night. But the big one is the pregame from midday on the Saturday of game day. We've got the Export Express there, so we've got a coach that's going to go back and forward to the stadium. We've got two for one deals and we've got live music. And on Monday we're going to a big announcement of who's going to be driving that bus.
Speaker 1: Oh let's just say we've hired.
Speaker 3: It from Richie's. Okay, who's going to be driving that bus? I'll leave that. We'll reveal that next week.
Speaker 1: So'll all on Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah absolutely, And also don't get Postman's lead. Is our venue for the pre game for Auckland out there in Glenfield. First turn of people. They also get on the Export Express to Eating Park directly to Eat and Park again, live music there as well, drink specials.
Speaker 1: So announcement on the bus driver for that on. It will just be whoever they've got just to be the guy that actually usually drives pretty much, but we do. We are trying to tee up a special one for I'm looking forward to both of these. I think I'm actually quite excited about this All Blacks team. Like I thought I wasn't going to give a shit because you know, the World Cups over blah blah blah. But then they named the team and I was like, oh, how's this going to play that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I like the fact that I know that they tried to suck the life out of the announcement, but the fact that when Razor went off the cuff, he was quite funny. He was talking about Jason Rohan's got a massive white on for for the t t you know, just that kind of stuff. He's got a huge crash on him. They just went totally off script. It was like, Yes, that's what we need more of. It was like, Maths, Yeah, why did you bring up he's got he's got a huge white on for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves him. He's enormous toy. You mentioned the Olympics. Ryan Fox is waiting on his Olympic call up. This is. I can't believe. So when did the Olympics start in like a month into July? Yeah, I can't believe how late a lot of these because we're talking about all these stories about people qualifying. It's like in six weeks you'd want to know because we heard that. There was the story of the person who qualified in the swimming race, celebrated by slapping the water, dislocated his shoulder. So now he's got six weeks to come right before he can swim again. There's a woman who got stuck in the portaloo the other day. Yeah, and she had to qualify as well. It's like, God, they leave this stuff late. You wouldn't you want to be qualified like six months ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But they have qualifying events all the way up till till now though, So you've got yeah, so you can try and time you run.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose, like how far out do you do it?
Speaker 3: Ryan Fox must know he's ours golfer.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the thing. They interviewed him because he is going back to the European Tour. Yep, he's going to do a few more of those. This was the first year that he had his PGA card and so he's doing as many competitions as he could. I just it seemed like he struggled a little bit, not only on the course, but just with like the whole lifestyle change of having to go over there do those games. Yeah, those tournaments. He's got the Open, he's going to play the BMW International in Germany, the Scottish Open, and then the plan is to hang around for Paris. He said he's still waiting on selection confirmation. But from my side of things, I've qualified, so hopefully the n z OC select me. I don't know how that process works, but hopefully I find out about that pretty soon. Surely that pick, Yeah, I don't know who else they would pick if not him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. Maybe who's the guy who's cleaning up in the Masters, in the Senior PGA Elka, Steve Alker?
Speaker 1: You picked? Still? Yeah, Steve, Steve Alker is balling out at he's made a lot of money. Yeah, but surely, I mean he's already saying he's going to hang around in Paris, so he knows.
Speaker 3: Is it a budget thing about who they select? Because you remember Zoey Hobbs, he ever got selected for the last Olympics.
Speaker 1: That one was the biggest crockisher. Yeah, because she was fast enough she qualified. Yeah, and then they were happy enough to use her for all the promotional images when they launched the new Olympic track and field outfits that paraded Zoe Hobbs around. But then when it was like, oh, yeah, but you're not going, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We don't reckon you're gonna win?
Speaker 1: I know it was out the excuse. I don't understand who makes these decisions. Should it be democratic, should we be able to vote? Yeah, if you're fast enough, fuck it, just go totally. We'll have a whip around the country, will have a whip around and send you ye. So I think that's just academic. Whether he goes or not, surely he's going to be going. Olie Robinson he plays for England. Actually he does remember the name of the county club he plays for. Was it?
Speaker 3: Was it the county championship anyway, So we talked about Leicestershire. We talked about the record yesterday, didn't we We did, and it.
Speaker 1: Was thirty eight. Someone gave away thirty eight runs in and over and they've been outdone. Just two days later, Oli Robinson has given away forty three and one over to Louis Kimber. Here's how it happened.
Speaker 3: First ball six, say, first ball Robinson to Kinder.
Speaker 1: Six, massive six. Second ball is already in his head. It's a no ball, and it's another six, and then it's a free hit. Then it's a free hit which is a four yep, followed up by a six, a four, another six inordantly off, another no ball and what does he do with that free hit?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 1: And then another six of another no ball. So he's got one left and he scored a single. So it could have been worse. It could have been so much worse. This could have been forty nine runs off and over. I thought thirty eight was ridiculous. You always sort of thing in you hear thirty six is about as much as you could do. No, it can get so much worse. This as good.
Speaker 3: Actually, this is good for our commentary because every time there's that, we're down to the final over and New Zealand need forty two to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gay seven before Kember did it just forty eight hours ago. How in your own head do you have to be to bowl?
Speaker 3: But also Olie Robinson, he's an international cricketer. Yes, as an as good. That's a in a journeyman. No, this is Oli Robinson who cleaned us up. Yeah, last time we went to England.
Speaker 1: So it's ridden some stats. He's got seventy old wickets and an economy of two point seventy five and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: How calls that record though? For Louis Kimber, Oh that's one of the balling records that.
Speaker 1: Guys on the wall for sure. Just the three six is off no balls. Just I can't imagine how in his own head he must have been during that over God, you just want to get out of the wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: They would have been full buggins too. I don't thin they would have been. He wouldn't have overstepped. The would be a but waist tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just baseball better than forty three?
Speaker 1: What is the upper little? I mean, obviously he could bowl no balls so the cows come home.
Speaker 3: So it could have been what could have been even hit my last one for six, it would have been.
Speaker 1: Another five, So forty eight. If he had hit another six off that, I is fifty doable.
Speaker 3: Oh look, if someone's got the yeps hard, then yeah.
Speaker 1: All he would have had to do was turn a couple of those fours into six yes, and then had another one off that last ball. That would have been fifty.
Speaker 3: But that's but that's one, two, three, four, five six here and a nine sixes in a row.
Speaker 1: Which is what fifty four? Yeah, I think fifty is on the cards. I don't know what the hell's happening over there in County Cricket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Was it a one day or was it just a were they just going for it total? It doesn't like it was a one day by look at the.
Speaker 1: Picture image they have supplied these and whites, but I don't know if that's from that game. But anyway, fifty fifty Oregon. I wanted to launch the journey in to fifty. I want someone had just tee it up in a meaningless game. It did Rubber, So ione just tee it up and see if he can get fifty. I don't think you can.
Speaker 3: I don't think if you tried you could. Okay, so imagine maybe we should set it up. Maybe we should get Martin Gapdel who's recently retired. Let's go down to a park old bowl to him and see if he can hit nine sixes in a row.
Speaker 1: Off me. We'll be tough, like just a shit doubly doubly bowler like me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, actually, how many times you have to get it right?
Speaker 1: He's the right kind of dude for that, because he's going to have to generate most of the power. He'll be doing the heavy lifting there, he will be. He won't be supplying too much. No, from there's not a lot of pays. No, not a lot of pays coming on to it.
Speaker 3: A speaking which before we take a break and get onto the mountain of yours, please, we've got our agenda hunch. And I'm going Euros. Oh yes, So Germany, the hosts of Euros coming up against Denmark on Sunday morning at seven am. I'm going to go. I'm going Germany to nil. Exactly the score too nil. I like that, And that's pay six fifty.
Speaker 1: Six dollars fifty because Germany are a dollar twenty eight favorites. Yeah. So the TB saying we think they're going to win. There's only going to be one goal scored.
Speaker 3: They've already qualified for the final round of sixteen, so they're already right. So I think they'll go and score a few, all right til Germany and we'll discuss it with the If that comes off, does that mean we've we've got our luner's license in the round bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, good, one hundred percent of this. All right, let's take quick break when we come back. We have got so many yours pleases to get through.
Speaker 2: Yours please brought to you by Leader Home of.
Speaker 1: Your chance to get involved in the show. Give your feedback. We didn't get to any yesterday because we were on the road, so that we have a backlog. Sorry if we can't get to all of them, but we do appreciate your feedback. Trust us, we do listen to them all. Oh yeah, but sometimes we can't play them all out. But today we'll give it a white hot crack. First caller here yours please see yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd have to explain that one.
Speaker 1: That's just true.
Speaker 3: It happens when you drink four Nigroni's and the empty mini bar and watch John Whiptil three in the morning. Yeah, yep, five and smashed darts with March.
Speaker 1: Five Nigronies smashing Marg's darts and then euphemism, no I was I was smashing especial your last dart too, Do you know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marge came out, I'm going to go to the gets some more now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I do remember heaving that suggested and she asked me where the jerry was. I was like, I have no idea where I am. It was five in the groanies. Then we cleared out the mini bar in Joe's room, and then I went down to my room, cleared out my mini bar and went back up to Joe's room and what john Wick till three in the morning, fell asleep with the curtain open, right opposite what has to be Wellington's largest digital billboard. Yeap, So they kept me up all night and that explains how I sounded yesterday and subsequently today. But thank you very much for feedback. Another caller here, you're spleez.
Speaker 4: I'll get a twelve TOAs man Iron. Jy Lane Jake here from ealing station with Canterbury got on my lambs crutched. So thanks for fucking helping a king country playing in the Shield Challenge today. You mob couldn't even sell enough.
Speaker 1: Mckickahee Fries did.
Speaker 4: Drum up some funds to get a Pearson's bus to Hawk's Bay. Absolutely disgraceful, the place of potato. South Canterbury, fuck your heart, lamb Chips and fuck South Canterbury.
Speaker 1: Yeah we South Canbary wasn't able to challenge for the shield. This week saw the story about a month ago they couldn't afford to get up there. It was a long way to go.
Speaker 3: I'd tell you what, between us and Snacker Chaney, we could have got them there week they had reached out.
Speaker 1: We're just about could have. Yeah, last night we got some chips at the bar and I was like, these are from these chips? That's yeah big.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Snacker Chany, we've got the Snacker Chaney Sports Scholarship, So your chance to win a scholarship when if we say sports scholarship, it's like a buttload of Snacker Changy's and a few other little extra pick bits and pieces to wheat your whistle from expert ultra from us that's running at the moment. I think you just jump on the website and into your details for the Snacker Chaney Sports Scholarship.
Speaker 1: We should have mentioned that more because that's a great prize.
Speaker 3: And look, any third fifteens out there, Third eleven's get onto a CC and Z dot com and into that and we'll come to play your visit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, chipped three two three six, Chip to three two three six. You know, if you're listening to this podcast, you probably never did get a sporting scholarship to anything. Yeah, you certainly didn't get an academic scholarship to anything. So this is your chance, yeah, to make your parents proud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once a month for doing it, So the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: So text chip to three two three six, sitting an alarm to text chip to three two three six next month again. Yeah, and when that scholarship you never got because you're too dumb and should a sport. Another caller here, your splitts good name?
Speaker 5: And I does that child you have hostage still have all of their fingers? Your source inside the All Blacks camp? Really did you dirty with that team naming?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Good to see Sadett in there.
Speaker 1: Who It's good to see side in there. It was good to see him. Wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: I was unexpected, but it was a pleasant surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Look, long and short of it is, No, they're not whole anymore. The the the hostages that I have, I have learned the hard way that you're not allowed to send live animals or biological stuff through the New Zealand Postal Service, but if it's deed you can't. And so, you know, technically a finger that's been removed as did. And so I've mailed those the appropriate people. I'm going to try and predict the team next week.
Speaker 3: The starting team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, starting team before they name it, and my source has better hope they're right, because this could get very very bad, very very quickly. As I said before earlier in this podcast, I'll be doing a lot of research into dictators. I've picked up on a few different you know techniques, techniques, yeap methods. One of them I think Saddam Hussein. There was a rumor that he was using the iron bull thing, which is where you put someone inside a giant iron bull, shut the door, light a fire underneath it. Apparently he's doing that in the late nineties, cooking people. Yeah, basically, anyway, hopefully my sources are listening to this podcast now the caller here your.
Speaker 6: Spits, Hey boys, Crosby cockcare I've just been watching the news and seeing the story about the Hamilton counselor that was using some colorful words in regards to our special needs community, and also another email that he sent to a female coworker telling him to get off her fat ass. Anyway, do you think he would be a good fit for the Alternative Commentary Collective? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Chrispy. Hey, look, I mean.
Speaker 3: We're a pretty open organization. We're a collective. You know, there's a lot of us. He's about eighteen of us now. Yeah, but look, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's a place for that. Yeah, yeah, that doesn't scream thirsty for better to me. I was wondering where this voicemail was going, and I thought he was going to say, Lane, are you going to run for council? Yeah? If that's what they're doing at the Hamilton Council, then I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't think of anything worse than getting into the local government.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, because you have to you have to front with whatever the local people's concerns are, and they come in and voice their concerns to you, and no matter whether they're legitimate or not, you have to sit there and hear them out. I just couldn't get through an hour of like there's too much poo dog pool at the park at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get clicked. But saying that, saying that that that we need better people in there as well. The problem, this is the problem.
Speaker 1: You're on hiding to nothing as a politician. Yeah, you know there's no one. Any decision you make, fifty percent of people are going to hate you for it. Why would you want to do it? It's only a certain type of person who does anyway. That is ridiculous. Another call here your space.
Speaker 7: Hey, fellas is a proud Hamiltonian. I've just got to say that I'm I'm all in on the sort of air vacuum tube situation that you've got going on for getting down to the South Island because it is just unishing admin getting down there.
Speaker 3: But I do love it.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I think sort of a future AMA arrangement with the with the people in the tubes would be just the way to go.
Speaker 1: Cheers.
Speaker 3: That's a lot that's talking about trying to solve the cook straight drama. Yeah, and putting him in those ear vacuum tubes.
Speaker 1: And pneumatic tube just shoot you down the country and shoot you all the way.
Speaker 3: To christ Church in like, you know, five or six minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it. I think this is a great idea. Give you the you know, it would be quite stressful. I'm quite claustrophobic. Yeah, just sedate me like those that Thai football team that got stuck in the cave. Yeah, just knock me out with that stuff.
Speaker 3: And then wake up with that. I mean saying that they could just sedate you and put you on a plane.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, that would have the same effect, wouldn't it. Yeah, much less. I'm open to that as well. You just opened to sedation. I just like some sedation, please, I'd like the sweet release of sedation. I agree with it because it's so hard to get around this country. I've always said that it is so much harder for me to get home than it is for me to get to like tongue. Yeah, because I've got to fly to christ shoots and then it's another two and a half hours to drive to tomorrow or way or you can fly to tomorrow. There's one flight, but it always gets bend or delayed.
Speaker 3: And also driving one of some of the world's most dangerous roads at one hundred clongers hour with tourists trying to do the same on the other side of the road. Yeah, so it's just lettered with littered with yeah, dangers.
Speaker 1: It's a hero's journey every time. I just want to go back for a mate's birthday or a wedding or something. So, you know, I don't know. The pneumatic tubes might have something to them. Yeah. The only problem is the capacity. How many people can we shoot up and down there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you could do the like the transport planes. So say we did sedate you, we could stack you in a transport plane, oh yeah, and put about a thousand people on it and then send it to christ So then you'll just get off at the other end.
Speaker 1: That's a and you get there wristed and great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you just got a sedatea you just got to. I mean, look, it would require a lot of anesthetic logistics to do it, and you could just stack you tin high and the horizontal, pile me up like a.
Speaker 1: Mass grave, shoot me down the country. I think, yeah, I think it's good. The only issue with the pneumatic tube thing to me, because I've been to a restaurant that does. I think there's one in christ Gift yeah, and every now and then they get stuck. Yeah. I couldn't imagine anything more terrifying than being the pneumatic tube somewhere underneath the cook straight.
Speaker 3: Well, the closest I got to that was in Bali when I was there at that water park there did you go to that didn't get the water and they have the vertical where you stand and the floor drops out. Oh, you go down, But if you in a panic put your hands out to slow yourself down. You haven't got enough pace to get up the first hell and around the corner. I've got escape patches all the way along, and invariably someone stops and you're stuck in a tube. Then you've got to get to the escape patch.
Speaker 1: Up the top. It's terrifying fighting for your life, praying that the next hour so I'll see you. And he's not cutting down on topic, Jesus Christ. Well, great, thank you for actually call another call to here your splits lads.
Speaker 8: I'd just like to thank the SEC for my tickets to the Warrior Versus Eagles on the second of August and piss drinking extravaganza you're taking me on. Apparently that's where I told my boss for why I need that Friday off. If you could make me a little audio notes or video or something so I can send it to him and give him enough reason to give me the Friday off, because at the moment he's called my bluff and said, I don't believe he won of Okay, cheers.
Speaker 3: Boys, your name that's Blake, Blake.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this is an initiative that we've launched here. We're giving away fake prizes, and I want to clarify there's a fake prize. We're not actually given ye Blake tickets. We're not taking them out on the pass. We are giving you the chance to make it seem like we've given you a prize and then you can play that to your boss, your significant other. Yeah. See we go. Well, Lane, it's now time to give away a massive prize to its tickets to the Warriors playing the Manly Seagles second of August.
Speaker 3: With all Friday night.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's a Friday night. It's an extravaganzette. I'll tell you what. We'll even take you out for a few trade visits on the Friday afternoon. Yeah, We'll put you out at Sky City, take you to a few places that serve the export ultrue, so you can try it at different venues all on us. Mate, you're going to need to take the day off work. Unfortunately, who's won that Well, the winner is drum roll please Blake. Congratulations mate, you're coming with us August second Warriors versus Manly Sea Eagles. You'll need to take the day off, So play this for you for your boss. Apologies to your boss. Let us know when you when and where you'd like us to pick you up and we'll see you then, brilliant. It's a real thank you for your service. I feel great. Yeah, it's a real uneth called life hack that we're exploiting. Here.
Speaker 7: Another call, he you might have actually just screwed black there because the Warriors are playing the Eels on August second.
Speaker 1: Did he say August second? Though? Yeah, yeah he did. He's fucked himself.
Speaker 3: You know what that's on you?
Speaker 1: I think it's good. Yeah, we can only work with what we've got. Your bus isn't going to know that either anyway. Another call here, you're spitz you can he follows.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm just at a sudden realization with the iHeart radio stuff that you probably have a lot of information on who we are and where we're from and all that kind of stuff. So I think has only a couple of thousand fuck South Deanebury's away from doing some terrible things to some people. So yeah, love South Canterbury, love him and I don't hurt me.
Speaker 3: Ah, we actually don't have that much on how Oh, I think you'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: You'd be able to track people down here. Well, like I said last week, someone sending in a why is that fux South Canterbury, it should just be fuck way Matty, and I managed to triangulate his exact location to Timmary. Yeah, basically had a zip code and then I was like, I reckonnize as a cod you're from tomorrow. So yeah, I do I have information on all of you when you send these in. I've got your your home address, you next to ken, your blood type, so you know, be very careful.
Speaker 3: Is that is that our first love South Canbury message?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is. Actually I've got like beaten dog syndrome where when I'm waiting for these voicemails to finish, I was just like, ye.
Speaker 3: We sch just drop drop it in, just drop it in, every single one call here yours you can follows.
Speaker 10: I reckon the slipping boxing match.
Speaker 5: I'd like to see that.
Speaker 10: We create Marcus Lush kid in the art and he'd be real dark waters. He'd come and failing arms can a fisting the whole time, raging.
Speaker 2: Tears, read in the face.
Speaker 10: I just think he'd be like that little nerd at school, the confect on do he crack Marcus Lush? If you entertaining plaspect.
Speaker 1: There you go? Good to be back. How's going to fight though?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: I reckon he should fight all of the midnight callers that he has to feel because he has to deal with some of the shockers. This second point is invariably racist.
Speaker 3: If you let them get to this second point and he's seventy plus the first that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're always like, Marcus just wanted to talk about the Warriors for a second, if I could, that was a terrible performance on the weekend, And he'll be like, yep, that was a bad performance on the weekend, wasn't it. And then they'll be like too many Islanders you see marks? Okay, Well it's a downfall of talk back radio, and I reckon this is a great opportunity for him to get a bit of redemption. I reckon he should just have like a rotating cast of them, like a tag team match. He gets to stand in there and just flail on all of the guys that have been torturing him through the midnights. He's one of my broadcasting idols, Marcus Lush, because he gets to do his job from his hometown. Yeah yeah, he's just in a lighthouse on the bluff down the here.
Speaker 3: I think he owns half a bluff as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so god listen, but yeah, I think you've painted a perfect visual image of him, red face, crying, swinging his arms. I think that was a great one. Thank you very much for that. And we've got a couple more. One more colly yours please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get a fellow's Maniah never been to the place before, why Maddy, But I do have a connection. My old man Rop was born and lived the first seven years of his life.
Speaker 10: On Cardiff Street.
Speaker 1: So yeah, bloody good, don't function out Canterbury.
Speaker 3: Another one there, geez, two in one day.
Speaker 1: The tide's turning.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: The tide is turning Cardi Street. I feel like that's somewhere near Victoria Park, which is the park where someone went in and shot at tame wallaby and entered it into the pest quest and one. This was the biggest. It was the biggest wallaby in the district because it was tame. People were feeding it down at the park. There was also what they labeled as a holiday park which was like a trailer park at that park. And I always wonder who the hell holidays at trailer Bargain Wymedy. Look, where where do you live that that is a holiday to you? And I found out the other day itg Sandy's she used to can't have a holiday in there? Yes, she's from esh Burton, So that answers my question. Where do you have to live that it's a holiday for you to go to Wymanion.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get a lot of hate from Eshburton.
Speaker 1: Now, fuck, I'm Mary Well, I'm at it. Thank you very much for joining us for a Thursday edition. We'll be celebrating Matiniki in our own ways tomorrow so that we know podcasts.
Speaker 3: We'll have the sports book on tomorrow, the won't we no sports.
Speaker 1: Book out today? On today? Just to make sure that you can get those odds as soon as as soon as they hit follow along there. Otherwise, enjoy your weekend of sport and we'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's and Gender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, it's like and follow on iHeartRadio, well if you get your podcasts