Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gardens Studios. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the thirtieth of September.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you my next sport a culture.
Speaker 3: Great to be back.
Speaker 4: Great to be back, Matt, Yeah, like, great to have you back.
Speaker 5: Hey, I've actually, like, I'm written a bit of an article about your trop away.
Speaker 3: Have you? If I could share something.
Speaker 1: That's because you you weren't you unfortunately couldn't make it.
Speaker 3: I could have made it. I was available, I was very available. Okay, could have made it. Okay? Is this okay? Okay? I've written article, have you?
Speaker 5: I've written article on my substack Man Heath got substackk dot com.
Speaker 3: Yep. The fear of missing out.
Speaker 5: As we speak, my social media feed is lit up with shots of my best buddies from the Alternative Commentary Collective attending Octoberfest in Munich, Germany. It's clearly the greatest time anyone has ever had, or ever well have, and I'm missing out.
Speaker 3: I feel upset. Oh okay, I feel abandoned and a justin.
Speaker 5: Fairworld, I would have been over there with them, after all, it was widely advertised that I would be the betrayal again in April twenty twenty four, and I received a calendar invite from close friend gla okay, requiring my okay next thing. And I was on a German being made outfit, a dingdrel, a dingdrel. So it was nice if you want, if you want to have read the rest of that full score Settler, it's at man he got substack dot com.
Speaker 3: Shit that does sound it's like a school seat.
Speaker 5: It was a seventeen hundred word I do say it like you the most important thing is when you're left behind, is to keep your dignity and not indulge in a wine fest. Yeah, and I think the seventeen hundred word winch fest is.
Speaker 1: So that's like saying don't take offense and then unloading. You've just reversed that and you've unloaded and then at the end gone like I'm not winging. Yeah, I'm fine, I'm telling you fine. Anyway, it looked like a good time.
Speaker 4: Yes, some people aren't even back yet, Mania Stewart.
Speaker 5: As I'm looking into Joe Joy's eyes, I'm not sure if he's back. Nope, his body's back. But this this sort of darkness behind those eyes. It's like a shell of man.
Speaker 1: He left half his soul in Amsterdam and left the rest of it in Octoberfest in Munich.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, so that's why.
Speaker 1: And poor Joe got he was an economy class in his seat didn't recline.
Speaker 5: Oh so he understands what portrayal is like as well. So you you, you were abandoned as well. You're abandoned by g Lane and Jeremy was going up to premium economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they enjoyed a nice premium economy flight home seventeen hours where I sat an economy and my seat didn't recline. Okay, okay, the team's falling apart. We just need to get things back on track here. But we we are back.
Speaker 3: What a great time.
Speaker 1: We had Nick and Andy, we had Callum and Phil, we had Brandon and Vince, and we had the lovely Mal. It was Tom and James as well, so we had a good crew. Yeah over there, it was It was a good time.
Speaker 3: It looked fun, Yeah, it was. It was great fun. Have you matured it all since the last time we went to Amsterdam?
Speaker 5: And I was just wondering because last time the behavior in Ampsdam was terrible.
Speaker 4: I think it was worse. Really, I think it years and no growth. Regression.
Speaker 1: I seriously think it was regression because I can't three days was enough I needed to get out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, that's like Las Vegas. Yeah, you only need two days in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean look, for example, we went to the Heinekenfactory. Yeah, and at the Heinekenfectory.
Speaker 4: A great time.
Speaker 3: At the Heinekenfectory. The dB people looked after.
Speaker 5: Us, well, last time we were booked in to go to the he infect When we're saying and Lee, how it was.
Speaker 3: Like, put it this way, people don't want to see the red light district. So we drove right past all our pre organized things. We didn't do the red light.
Speaker 4: We didn't even go there, didn't even go the O this time.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, rubbish. I felt like we've done it. Jerry told me that you went. You went there and you walked around the same.
Speaker 1: Hundred Yeah we did, yeah that night, but we didn't Yeah. Right, but the Heinekenfectory you didn't go.
Speaker 3: Well, not in the day. Very different the art. There's one stage at the Heinekenfactory.
Speaker 1: It's a great tour like it's it is a multi media sensory overload, and at the start they do warn you if you are on any psychedelic substances that are common and just.
Speaker 3: Let us know because you may freak out.
Speaker 1: I love that one of the biggest tourist attractions in Amsterdam, and that's one of the warnings they give you. If you're pregnant, suffer epilepsy, or you're tripping out, let us know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like if you're tripping out.
Speaker 5: And New Zealand be like any intoxicated people will not be tolerated in the Heineken tour.
Speaker 1: It's like if your waste, just tell us, yeah, just let us know, just look and look out for you. But it's the biggest drink beer hype tour. You get to into the tour and you're like, fuck, you want to drink a beer living in the morning. Then you get a beer and there's one section you can personalize your own bottle of Heineken. And they're all coming past you on a conveyor belt and you're on a computer screen on touch screen.
Speaker 4: And we did Lovely Trenty.
Speaker 1: We did a minute piece and the sixy Camel all their own little personalized bottle.
Speaker 3: We may have chucked a nose kai just for a laugh of the fourth one.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, so we chuck that in as well, but we just wanted to test the algorithm to see if you know, you get a other stuff. Anyway, Mania is on the he's on the touchscreen next to us, and I told the story about my son's lineout call sixty nine dog shit and he got told off in a tournament and made to do it again and he said sixty nine dog poo. And for some reason that story really resonated with Minaya, and he was on the computer and his name he put on was sixty nine dog shit, and it went through the system and he was like ah, because he was expecting it to pick up swear words and saying, you can't do it. Anyway, into the tour, very as you're leaving the Heine Confectory, you line up and you get your personalized bottles, and we're sitting there, we're getting our bottles, and he goes a yeah, here's my here's my token, and the lady's like, m I'm sorry, sir, And so he thought he was going to just had to talk to a computer, but a lovely little Dutch lady. She's like, sir, I can't, we can't put sixty nine dog shit on a bottom. And we were rolling around and he was like he kind of went but read and he was like, ah, sixty nine dog pooh, And her face was like no.
Speaker 3: So it worked for your son, but not for what. But he lives standing there. He goes, is there anything else you want to put on it? And we'll get it quickly made so not as as not as girlfriends now.
Speaker 1: The indie panic then got thanks mate, and a cruel twist of fader got taken off Hi at the airports. He tried to bring it and carry on and they took it off him. See we're going to take this off. He goes, you take it, take it. It's memories. It was sixty nine dogs shit.
Speaker 3: I'd be upset.
Speaker 5: What stayed were you guys in for the flight home? I can imagine. I remember, like the flight back from London was. The trip to London we did was a great time, but the flight home was the worst.
Speaker 3: Time of my entire life.
Speaker 4: Let's just say that when you just got nothing.
Speaker 5: Left in the team and you can't celebrate on the way there, you're like all excited, so you'll have a few and your ged up for the trip. On the way home, you've got nothing, nothing but regret, misery and torture, so.
Speaker 1: Much regret, so much anxiety as well. I mean on the way over, I had Manaiah and Jury behind us, behind Jerry and I and.
Speaker 3: Imagine they would have just watched a movie and gone to sleep.
Speaker 1: I drifted off to sleep with the sounds of more cans of beer are opened, and then two more please, and then.
Speaker 3: That's all I can hear coming from behind me.
Speaker 1: And they came back and they got sorry, we've run out of and I thought they were going to say run out of beer. They said, we've run out of Tiger and they were like, oh, just two heinekens in and they're like okay, and have no trouble getting through customs or anything. No, no, I know, because there was a time where we're going to through London and we arrived and we're dangerously staying.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, And it's quite sometimes like trying to get through customs with you when you're a nebra headitors, because you could you start talking really poshly like to try and cover.
Speaker 3: Up, so like good evening, sir, just flying from Auckland. I am New Zealand.
Speaker 4: I am not a traveling drug dealer.
Speaker 3: In New Zealand.
Speaker 1: When we landed after seventeen hours, the welcome we got in New Zealand was the worst.
Speaker 3: So basically, get off.
Speaker 1: There's a customs lady standing in there, and there's another customs guy on the tunnel going, there's gonna be dogs when you come out, Single file, please, single file. We get out off the bridge, met by four more customers, go against the wall, single.
Speaker 3: File, and we're like, they say, yelling at you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, single file, against the wall, keep walking.
Speaker 3: We're like the fuck and these dogs running everywhere.
Speaker 1: And that was our welcome to New Zealand after seventeen hours on a plane getting yelled at with labradors. And then obviously we've been to Amsterdam and a few other places, so I got god knows what someone could have put in my luggage. So you immediately start sweating and the dog comes over and.
Speaker 4: Sniffing my leg.
Speaker 1: I said, mate, I've got dog shit all over me from rolling around a dog shit. It's not drugs, it's dog shit whatever, mate, drugs dog shit. I already had my excuse. If I had to end of my bag, I was gonna go go rolling dog shit in Amsterdam. That's probably what it's sniffing.
Speaker 5: I've got this weird thing about the reports. And I know this is a sports obstensibly sports podcast. That's my nice Stuart loves to say, but why do you get told off at the reports? Like I was running late for a plane recently and I was arrived less than half an hour before the flight took off, and this one goes, you can't you can't arrive and expect to get on a plane. She just started telling them off. It's like, I'm the customer here. It's the only it's the only industry in the world with the customer. It's constantly getting told off. You get off a plane, you're a customer for the airport, yell dying back and getting yelled out by customs. You're late for the plane, you're told off like a school ku. It's like, if I can't get on the plane, just say I'm sorry, you can't get on the plane.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: I don't need the lecture. I don't need to be told off.
Speaker 4: It's like, I know I'm late, I don't know I don't need it, just just just they make it quite hostile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's quite a hostile and moron, yeah yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: And even clicking your luggage, jeez, that's intense. You got boomers whacking into the becky, your your r chillies with their trolleys trying to get to the front.
Speaker 4: You dude. Fuck, it's not even started yet.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, sport, we'll take a quick break backwards some sport, right, ragby over the weekend, big results outside the AB's victory, and I'll talk about the under eighty five's. The national under eighty five kg final was before the curtain raiser. Last year's final was an absolute barnstormer. This year even better. It was the high school old Boys light Beers from christ Church versus the Papacuta Black Panthers and it was one an extra time Papaka the Black Panthers scored a try an extra time and converted it from the sideline to in twenty three to twenty two.
Speaker 3: It was one of the great games. Is rugby better at under eighty five?
Speaker 1: Oh? It's basically like grown men playing high school rugby, you know what I mean? High school ruby is quite fast, everyone's the same size the props, the same size as the half back, as the same size as the winger. It's basically so break the line a lot more fifteen loose forwards. Yeah, yeah, it's fifteen loosewards. On the field, there is I mean, give it, give or take. There is a small few small size discrepancies. But out of the back of the the Wi Blacks, I'm calling them the Wi Blecks. There's going to be in New Zealand under eighty five's teams selected. Wow, and the Wi Blacks will get to tour Asia and play full strength Asian nations. Wow, whether they play Vietnam's team or they play Singapore or that.
Speaker 3: So we how far are they going to Shri Lanka because Sri Lanka loves rugby?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well hopefully they do. But that's quite funny, which.
Speaker 5: Sri Lanka we need to hand out as to them, Yeah in rugby because that was humiliating it.
Speaker 1: But it'd be quite funny because I imagine that they'll advertise it as you know, the all Blacks eighty five's or whatever, but people will just see all Blacks and when they turn up, these guys are why are they so small?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 3: But small.
Speaker 5: I like, how you've gone for the Wi Blacks when small blacks are sitting right in front of you.
Speaker 1: I thought someone uses the small blacks. I think, isn't that the all blacks. There's an all black kind of kids program they called.
Speaker 3: The which is like a club which so we blex is open. The we blax is open like a we men the weed blex.
Speaker 1: So that was a great curtain raiser to what was actually turned out to be a great game down in Wellington thirty three thirteen five tries to one. Pretty comprehensive in terms of tries, two to Jebba the butt, one to will Jordan, one to severed piece and one to to Maty Williams.
Speaker 3: But great to see jeb with the.
Speaker 5: Butt, jab the butt. Just he plays a hell of a game. Then he gets yellow carded. It's fine, that's just the way he goes.
Speaker 1: Now, that was lazy though, that was it was also he was like so surprised, but he basically came from an offside position and booted the ball out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but also so last time it was an intentional knockdown. Yes, about the same point.
Speaker 3: Of the game. But he said he's done enough.
Speaker 2: Two tries.
Speaker 3: He's looking great though, Jebba.
Speaker 1: The butt, he is looking great and obviously he's not happy with Jebbeth Butt. So we're trying to think of another Star Wars nickname. Thing that was chew Clucker? Was it?
Speaker 3: Chew Cluker was the one that.
Speaker 4: But but he's not a Rockie.
Speaker 3: No, it has to be but related or use it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: I know, well we did have Caleb Clakdeshian. That doesn't roll off the tongue when you're commentating.
Speaker 3: No, you need it needs to be but related if people are going to do it. He is because Jabber the butter is so good.
Speaker 4: But your boy Wallace the t Wallace side titty good.
Speaker 5: Seeing we're talking on the met jury brick for Shure this morning, the fifth the last one ever that you you were disparaging of your blindside.
Speaker 3: I was worried. I was worried.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a specialist position and he's going to get basically put on the biggest stage in the hood in South Africa against South Africa and be put off blindside flankas I.
Speaker 3: Was worried for him.
Speaker 1: I was worried for the fact that if he didn't play well, people would criticize him and never play again.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm worried. But now he's just the superstar. He's trench.
Speaker 1: Put him at eight, yeah, put severe at at blindside and let him run off the back of the scrum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a ball carry, he's a ballplayer. It's a great haircut, great great hair.
Speaker 5: Great pass, Ok, Little Richard, perfect pass to set up Anton Lennont Brown.
Speaker 3: I believe it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, little bit of a cheat. Chiefs mana in to play there.
Speaker 5: Yeah No, I've thoroughly enjoyed that game. But I've got a slight complaint about all blacks fans. And I've had this before. That was the best you get from all blacks fans. And I understand that Courtney Place was rocking and the crowd of the cake Tin were given it.
Speaker 3: They're all.
Speaker 5: But then you watch the South African Argentinian game on the lo vout and it is a freaking party. People are dancing around, there's so much color. People are just having the best. It's a festival, it's Marty Gras and there's just something about it. And I think you said to me this morning, Gelane, it's because they don't go expecting to win, so we kind of go along to pay tribute to the all blacks and watch them win. Whereas other teams around the world, like college football or so many different things, people go for the party and the game is at the party.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're really yeah.
Speaker 5: That's the entertainment, and they're hugely supportive, and they really care, they live and die. They arguably care more than we do. But they go to celebrate the event and be part of an event. Whereas we sit and we're all wearing black, I think that's a problem, you know, I mean all blacks. The uniform looks great on the team, but the fact we all were black there, it looks the whole crowd.
Speaker 3: Looks so dim and dark.
Speaker 5: And it's at night, whereas the South African games are played in the day. So it just it's an absolute festival. And I just I just think we need to get that. And I think it was you also saying that maybe as we aren't going to be so dominant around the world, because people are saying now that we may never get back to that level of dominance that we had in the Richie McCourt era, that maybe we can learn to just love it love the team for who they are, love the characters, and enjoy it and learn to enjoy the party.
Speaker 4: That's actually Cory learn.
Speaker 1: We're not quite there with cricket, but we're on the journey with cricket. And during the nineties and two thousands, when we started the Beigemagade, that's what it was all about. It was about passion, not fashion. It was anything but the cricket. Yeah, I mean that's how the acc started. It was like, we talk about anying but the cricket. We talked about the cricket because we were there to commentate it. But it is taking it beyond just winning because our cricket team don't win all the time.
Speaker 4: So you've got to find something else to hold onto. And now hold on to is going for.
Speaker 1: A date at the cricket with your mates, having a few beers, having a laugh, talking some shit. If we win, fucking great is it?
Speaker 5: Because the prices are too high for the tickets, so you only get I mean, there were some people party.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not. I'm not running it down that we can do.
Speaker 1: When they were singing Sweet Caroline, they stopped the music and the crowd kept singing through through the phases of and they were singing and then we had to stop the commentary.
Speaker 3: McCay.
Speaker 1: Mcconey goes, my god, the crowd is singing and there's no DJ punishing them, and I said, well they are off the back of the DJ punishing that is finishing the song. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they were.
Speaker 4: They were noisy. There was no empty seats.
Speaker 3: It was like Warrington almost redeemed themselves.
Speaker 5: But the noise is not the level of noise there you get in South Africa is so loud South America.
Speaker 1: It go to Argentina. I mean, look at their crowds. They fucking hardly ever win. They're winning now, which is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they don't care. They will party no matter what. They look great as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need to get that because that's that's the thing, you're right, That is the entertainment, and we kind of forget that. It's not about going to worship at the altar of the All Blacks. Yeah, like you can have bathing their reflected glory and somehow you're a better person because the All Blacks are great.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest examples. That was the twenty and eleven final at Eton Park. Yeah, the quietest r final of all time where you could could hear it seriously clear a pin drop the whole game because everyone was as terrified that we were going to lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's that's such as the worst mentality ever. I remember seeing the game.
Speaker 5: You're so terrified that you're going to lose that you forget that part of your job is to support the team by making a.
Speaker 4: Lot of noise the best thing you can do. It's like, just give them support.
Speaker 1: The last Wellington Test against Argentina, they lost in the last ten minutes. They needed the crowd to get behind them. What did the DJ do play?
Speaker 3: Aviccy was like it was a crime. That was a crime, because that's the chance to get the punishing all blacks.
Speaker 1: Charn't go oh, let's do the defense chart now as well, like theyre at a basketball game. I don't know, it's it's a tough it's a tough task.
Speaker 5: How do you change the culture towards people enjoying it? But you know, back in ancient Roman times at the Colisseum, they had stratas of people there, so they were like they didn't want too many elites there. So they have the elites and then the second level, but then they'd have just a bunch of lizards because they knew the lizards would have a good time. So that the back and you're only a certain amount of each tier of society, so you need a bunch of a tear for people in their twenties that are just wrapping it up like the zoo.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that the All Blacks keep losing. The kousers who actually come to the game just to watch them win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll drop off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I think yeah, because the people win, the people that dress themselves up in the full all Blacks kit with like the hand that the wooly hat and the scarf and the jersey, and until you're a couple and then the and they go around and tell your shut up and sit down. They'll stop going because it doesn't gratify them as people.
Speaker 4: Correct, you know, they build the whole personality around the August winning.
Speaker 5: But the guy that goes there and a speedo and a scarf, Yes, those people start coming come.
Speaker 1: In now, but they'll they'll have to have to change because we're not going to win every game. We're going to struggle to win the Rugby Championship in the next few years, and we've got to get in getting behind them, and maybe a way of doing it is maybe losing those fans.
Speaker 5: This is the chicken you rejected from a superior teinted October fish. This chicken your head on your head.
Speaker 4: This is the famous chicken head. This is the famous chicken head.
Speaker 3: It looks disgustingly dirty because it fell off my head on the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's one of the most humiliating hats.
Speaker 3: You can wear it.
Speaker 1: Now you get so hammered at October fist. You don't care walking around looking at this.
Speaker 5: I've got a lot of time for that, like for people to do this list thing. The drumsticks are tapping together on the top of his head.
Speaker 1: It's basically you've put your head up the ass of a cooked chicken.
Speaker 4: Like who thought there was a god everywhere?
Speaker 3: That's great everywhere.
Speaker 1: And we were the biggest suckers there because we were like, would you like a hat?
Speaker 3: Years? Would you like some more feathers than your hat? Years?
Speaker 1: Anyway, right, we'll take another quick break and we'll be back with because we need to hold each other because the black Caps they have shaped the.
Speaker 3: Bed again.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend. Matt black Caps hurt me.
Speaker 5: It was I love you, Gilane, and and I want to be there for you in this tough time. And I think this is particularly tough because we took five wickets and they took all the wickets, Like what was the difference? Why was it that we could only get five wickets? Although Darren Mitchell dropped an absolute cierate slip off a roork like really early on when I tuned in, and that would have helped if we've got that one, but.
Speaker 3: To helped, But you know that's sad.
Speaker 4: They got a wick and fist over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got four more wickets and they's scored six hundred runs.
Speaker 5: And then they just rip through us with their spinners. It's like that's an absolute punishing. We couldn't get any wickets and they seem to be able to get them very easily. You know, it's not like it's not like they wheeled in a different wicket or something overnight. You know, it was the same thing.
Speaker 1: It was. It was tough because we like not not going to rag on them too much because winning in Asia is fucking difficult, because that's that's through Laking team. It was pretty similar to the team that came to New Zealand last year and we pants them in two dismatches and then we've gone over there and it's very hard to win. But saying that that is pretty comprehensive and innings in one hundred and fifty runs.
Speaker 5: It's pretty pants down. Yeah, yeah, But do we care when it's overseas.
Speaker 4: No, they don't care. Yeah, but what it's but with the World Test Champion thing, it's going to be weird.
Speaker 3: It's just going to We've already won that. We don't need it again exactly. I agree. So, but we're headed to India now for the Test.
Speaker 5: So we're looking down the barrel because I think we've only been them once ever in a test over there, So we're looking at the barrel of having lost seven Test matches in a row after these three.
Speaker 3: Right that when booked the Halls Book, The Halls.
Speaker 1: Book are the stockslide of black kept at another thousand. We're preparing for the worst. It's like preparing for a hurricane. We've got the sandbags out, we're boarded the windows.
Speaker 5: That we're entering that era that that that you and me grew up loving cricket when it was in the tough times. Oh yeah, so we're used to it. There's there's a whole generation of young people that have never experienced these times. They they are in for a shock because they've gone through a great, great time being a cricket fan.
Speaker 3: That's when you find out you're a real cricket fan.
Speaker 1: That's why the boomers are struggling now with the all blecks loser.
Speaker 3: They've never seen it.
Speaker 4: No, they've never seen it.
Speaker 3: And this is like you're saying, like.
Speaker 1: The young young cricket fans, they've seen us make two World Cup finals, I've seen us win a World Test Championship.
Speaker 4: They think we're great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just ropping through teams at home. Those days might be over. And but but that's where the SEC is for you because we can talk around the issue.
Speaker 1: Yep, we can, and we can hold each other. We can sell you a T shirt Black Supporters support group. That the best thing about the bat Pep supporters. It's like when you see someone else in that, you immediately want to go and hold them.
Speaker 3: Everything's going to be okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like the Mason's handshake. We see someone else in a black Cat supporter support group, you just go up and you give them a big, big man hug.
Speaker 4: Don't just say anything, you don't understand anything, just just just just hold them tight. Yeah, and then just walk away. You just walk away and then that's all you need to do.
Speaker 3: And that's that.
Speaker 1: That and that hug for that person will mean a lot and you'll get them through the next test.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you n r L on the weekend as well.
Speaker 1: The finalists have been decided for the Grand Final next Sunday, which the a SEC are covering on Skysport.
Speaker 3: Nine Panthers fifth, fifth. Yes, that seems insane in the modern era that something like that could that could happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something that's why they put in the salary cap. But that doesn't seem to be work.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem be working with Panthers, but saying that they are losing a lot of players next season, including New Zealand. Yes, so it's a.
Speaker 4: Panthers storm final. Nathan Cleary was good, is he?
Speaker 3: Ah? He's so bloody good.
Speaker 1: I love it when he came onto the pitch and he looked up to this, you know how the players they look up kind of they're preparing and his chin is so messive.
Speaker 3: That's a ridiculous. It's like the profile of it was.
Speaker 5: My girlfriend was saying, how come he's still attractive? Like, how can you still be attractive for that chin? He looks like a cartoon character toure of a league player.
Speaker 1: I think front on he looks nice. I always like to think I look better front one on side on. I've just got this massive double chin and a pointy nose.
Speaker 3: Well, last year, we were on a plane back from somewhere when we watched it in the year. Didn't we watch the grand.
Speaker 5: We watched the final year We're off too, and then oh somewhere Paris, Yes, Paris.
Speaker 1: But he.
Speaker 5: That moment when Ivan and Nathan are embraced afterwards, I teared up.
Speaker 4: When you're ten thousand feet up, you're tearing up.
Speaker 3: I teared up. I watched Father and Son just but he looks well.
Speaker 5: He doesn't look great profile, but he looks good on his back. There's no injury problems. Yeah, it's going to be interesting and I hate the Melbourne Storm They're too annoyingly good.
Speaker 1: But so are the Panthers. It's going to be an annoying final to watch. Yeah, because I kind of don't I kind of want the Panthers to win because.
Speaker 3: More Panthers and Storm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, because he's a key with connection then Nathan Clear he was born and he was born in Harris. Yeah for sharers is going Nathan Clear, he's got new pass.
Speaker 3: He's news in the past one. Yeah, we've got to get there's no no doubt. If you don't have any skin in the game, then it's got to be Panthers. Yea and his little brothers coming to the Warriors too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so okay, okay, I'm all in with the Panthers, with the six Panthers. Yeah, And like I said, we'll be covering that on Sunday. Last bit of news coming out Liam Lawson his final Yeah, he's taken over a big nose.
Speaker 5: I'm worried for him because he's coming in at a team when everyone's abandoning ship and he's got to the end of the season to prove himself. Yeah, he's had six races, it's got six races, and he's great, obviously, great New Zealander. And it's a great chance and the chances of getting a seat in Formula one if you're not a billionnaius Son, it's so minute. It's an incredible thing to do. It's the hardest position to get and so amazing that he's got there. But it's a it's a challenging team to be a part of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's in the.
Speaker 1: Racing red Bulls, which is the feed into Red Bull Racing, which is the other one, which is the Maxi strap On one. But he's taking over big nose Daniel Ricardo, who's arguably the most popular one driver in America, especially after the Drive to Survive because he's such a smiling, happy chairpy so Liam Lawson has copped so many strays on social media. It wasn't up to him. The team decided that Riccardo's gone and he's in, and he's cop so much abuse from Daniel Riccardo fans who obviously like dudes with big noses.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't, So the poor guy, he's like got chance.
Speaker 1: Now he's getting absolutely railed on by fans.
Speaker 5: And and and a team with a lot of people are been in his ship. Yeap and so, but I reckon give him taste of ki We Yeah, I think I reckon o. Can he just tested it in some ways that might be an advantage. Yeah, he's got because you just have to do.
Speaker 3: He's going to go for it. You just go for it.
Speaker 1: I think worst case scenario, Okay, worst case scenario gets a seat next year in that the racing Red Bulls, which is that sonoda second tier one. Best case scenario, he does fucking awesome in the next six races, and they dropped Checko Sugio Pirez from the Red Bull Racing team and he goes in there and becomes the co driver of Maxis strap On.
Speaker 3: That would that be the ideal? Yeah? That would that would be amazing. Six races to six glory. Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 1: Pressure, just put it all out there. Fuck yeah, Well, good on, Good on, Liam Lawson. We will replay the interview we did with them actually when we asked them the twenty two and too and unfortunately we asked him a question around who's got the biggest downstairs out of all the principles?
Speaker 3: How was unfortunate that you asked that? Yeah, well, it's unfortunately premeditated, but unfortunate it was.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately because he said, Gunta Steiner, what's some to say? This guy, the good looking guy looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger him or Christian Horner. Who's got the biggest downstairs and he had I've got to say Christian Horner. But then the next day came out all of the kind of sexual misconduct allegations about Christian Corner.
Speaker 3: Well, Horner is a difficult name to behave with.
Speaker 1: It is, he's a difficult hole to keep in the hedge when you're when your name's Horner had finish off, You've still got the snacker ching his sports scholarship running with Binge watching sport as a sport. Just text Chip to three two three six, follow the link and you could be in twin the ultimate prize pack including a lot of chippies and refreshments. It's it's the ultimate scholarship you want if you just love watching sport and doing nothing.
Speaker 3: But we'll knock this on the head before you go.
Speaker 5: If you and as I said before, if you want to read the Ultimate score Settler, than Matt Heeath dot substack dot com. I really lane to g Lane in that one. But now I'm seeing you again. I'm not angry anymore like I see you again.
Speaker 1: It's like you're I like that you wrote this while we're away, like mother.
Speaker 5: Focause my social media has been lit up and I was dropped. I was dropped from the Paris trip. Like there was three of you.
Speaker 3: We were all in Paris together and I was dropped.
Speaker 5: And your place with this new fancy guy looks amazing to say to Ludah Housen, and he's more fun than me.
Speaker 3: It was I was dropped for a better man. That's what hurt Jay Wells Well, I would.
Speaker 4: Say next year, Matt, but you're fucking off to ZB.
Speaker 3: So I'm staying with the ACC that. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to be more ACC focused now because I'm going to be hanging out to hang out with you guys.
Speaker 3: How's that going? And my negotiations with ZB, I said, I'm not giving up the ACC.
Speaker 1: You're going to say, like I'm I'm going to the Singapore Grand Premix year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bloody am, I am, I am, and I were laid and I'm going to do the full October fiest over there. Try and I'll bring a marquee and I'll try and relive the times that I've missed.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get on there and you can listen to that school see the otherwise I've seen tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, you've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iheartradiollam you get your podcast