Speaker 1: Life and Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for the second of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast The Ham of Sporting Nonsense and Clap Trap, brought to you by Export Culture.
Speaker 1: I've been made aware of a story from the Medical Journal, the New Zealand Medical Journal. I was just flitting through it this morning.
Speaker 3: You often do that, Yeah, just is that part of your daily routine is just to get out the medical Journal.
Speaker 1: Oh, not daily, that's probably more of a monthly thing. Yeah, yeah, just whenever the Medical Journal comes out or have a look through.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: I think anyone who's living, you know, inside a human body should check the Medical Journal. You know, it applies to all of us. Today, they've released information on a unique series of cases involving three men who ended up in the emergency room in Canterbury after accidentally swallowing bottle tops while drunk. This is the most interesting part of this to me. The men, we separate cases, not known to each other, and none remembered ingesting the tops.
Speaker 3: I'm calling bullshit on that. I'm calling massive bullshit on that. I reckon they were all involved but they've had to deny it because either their partners or there's some sort of restriction around them getting together.
Speaker 1: Because this is what they do.
Speaker 3: You've been hanging out with Mania again swawing those buddy bottletops, have you.
Speaker 1: My theory on this is somebody has started putting bottle tops in beer bongs and they these people didn't know they were doing it because I think you because the most shocking part of this is that they included photos, and some of the photos the bottle tops were not like rolled up, you know, like crush, They were just whole bottle tops. So how do you ingest it from a bomb? A beer bong? Oh, beer bong?
Speaker 3: Like oh okay, yeah, ges you be doing well to ingest it through a bomb, That's what I was thinking, A real proper bomb, I do that.
Speaker 1: But if you had the lung capacity to do that, I probably wouldn't feel the bottle cap. Yeah, but they're getting lodged in their sophagiophagus geese of these people, why in Canterbury? The way are me in Canterbury? That's why? What do you mean? Why Canary?
Speaker 3: But also that's so bullshit. They don't know each other and unrelated and they can't. Neither of them can remember it because are too wasted.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't say that. It didn't say that too. I said it said, it has said. It is suspected that the ingestion took place during the rapid consumption of excess amounts of alcohol. You fucking reckon.
Speaker 3: Only the medical journal can describe three dudes getting wasted as that rapid ingestion of.
Speaker 1: Alcohol obscenely biological. There's Yeah, Like I said before, there's only two things that's that play here. Either it's a competition, you know, I reckon, I could do it. I reckon, I could do it. An do you reckon you can do.
Speaker 3: Or I reckon it's beer bong. Someone's put it in there. Yeah, and they didn't know how. What's the strangest thing you've swallowed?
Speaker 1: The strangest thing? I thought? When I was a kid, I distinctly remember taking a people from the playground and putting it so far up my nose that I got stuck in my throat. Yeah, my teacher shut up to missus. Patterson had to homelook me to get the stone out. Yeah. Did it come flying out? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 1: I'm sure the tissue there called the called the people.
Speaker 3: She caught it as well, didn't let up just hune across the classroom. No, no, no, she professional, She did homelok and the catch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is talented, it was.
Speaker 3: There was a bit going on. Yeah, yeah, that'll be about it. What about an eight ball from a pool tableau? I swawed a live fish goldfish once. Of course it did accidentally accidentally.
Speaker 1: We're no, you did it. You don't accidentally swallow a gold fish. I had it in my well.
Speaker 3: I had it in my mouth and the tail was flapping around, and then it slipped out.
Speaker 1: It was only a small one and it went straight down the gallop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like there's going to be some man active sout theah's not going to have about that I had.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it died quickly in my acid stomach acid, that's right. Yeah. Plus, what's the difference between that and uh, buying fish from the fish and chip shop? Yeah, that fass died and then you eat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or seeing a shag eat a whole snapper and watching the shags sit there for ten minutes while the snapper thrashes around in its stomach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's Yeah, what's what's worth? You know about what you've done there than a pelican? Yes? Can I hold more? And is beg than his belly? Can? He said National bird of Whistlers. Just know what's strange thing you've swallowed? Three six You said through a message this morning that piqued my interests on the Daily Agenda group chat. You said you reckon you couldn't beat anyone at the Olympic's male or female at anything.
Speaker 3: Well that what I said that because I saw the boxing and I thought there must be a featherweight division where I, reckon I could come out and swing a few and potentially compete. And then I saw that one this morning with the controversial.
Speaker 1: At athlete who.
Speaker 3: Has been banned previously for high testosterone correct and just saw him swinging or her they sorry swinging, and I was like, nap, there's no way I'd get ko. And then I was thinking there must be something else that I could compete in, like not get humiliated, forget any of the like anaerobic ones running spread all that, there's no chance of that even nothing. But then the under forty nine kg weightlifting, Now that that's a pretty pint size and we're talking female under forty nine weightlifting.
Speaker 1: That's pretty pint size. That is a very small human being. Yeah, to put it in context, Nuggy the dog is heavier than that that we talked about. Rap was heavier than that. Nugg is about fifty eight killers fifty seven and a half. I think, yeah, so I'm forty nine kilo Women's Olympic weightlifting. Yes you think so. I look this up, and the record for the forty nine kilogram woman for the snatch isn't The forty nine kilo woman's snatch is ninety four kilograms. Okay.
Speaker 3: That that's the one just straight above the head. That's the world record straight above the head. And then the matter when you're gold, that will win your gold. And then the clean and jerk is one hundred and sixteen kilograms.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think you can do that.
Speaker 3: Oh Like, I don't think I'm going to do the world record, but I could compete, Like, let's watch them. That's okay, I reckon I wouldn't come last. Okay, So when they compete, the under forty nine kg weightlifters compete in the Olympic.
Speaker 1: We're going to check the scores, find out what the lowest one is. Yes, then the day after, we're going across to the gym. Correct, we're putting that weight on the bar. You've got to try and beat it. Yep.
Speaker 3: That's the only that's the only one I think I can compete in. Well, do you not think you can? You checked it around every day?
Speaker 1: Look I do.
Speaker 3: I checked my kids around every day. That's my weightlifting I'm aware of having. I am so acutely aware of what I can and cannot lift. It's it's harrowing because, like against my better judgment or my own will, even to one of those hot people gyms, I'm not one of them.
Speaker 1: Every time I walk into the gym, I'm the uglass person in the room. Can we not do it at that?
Speaker 4: Jim?
Speaker 1: Reach out gym.
Speaker 3: Owners if you've got even if you've just got like some weights, yeah, some weights. Oh look, I mean this could be hugely embarrassing for me, and no doubt it will be. I'll probably ship myself or my hammy and my or my break, my back will snap in half, but pro lapse.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to just put that to bed. Yep.
Speaker 3: So from Olympics now on, I can say, look, zero, I'm not going to compete in zero.
Speaker 1: I could not beat anyone anywhere anything. No, yeah, I completely agree with you. It would be interesting to see what that number is because what if someone just comes out and has a shitter, like dislocates their elbow or something like that. Then I'm in the I'm in the I'm in the conversation. Okay, all right. The weightlifting I don't think has started yet, so once it does, we will keep an eye on that and see what the lightest weight that an Olympian lifts at this.
Speaker 3: Olympics and the under forty nine female category, and if lane can what if it's like a heavier one that lifts a lighter weight I think, I think whatever weight division.
Speaker 1: It is, oh no, it is funny.
Speaker 3: Or if it's the forty nine killer, I mean, I'm twice the size of that human.
Speaker 1: Yes, surely it's technique, do wasn't it? Yeah? One hundred percent. This is what I think because so many people, particularly when the Olympics start happening, think oh I could do this, or I'd be all right at that, or maybe I could do a running thing, and all those people. I was just asked, like, when was the last time you ran at a full sprint? Because I think for most adults it wasn't in the last week, and for a lot for a lot of you guys listening to this podcast, it might have been years.
Speaker 3: Do you know the last time, the last time I sprinted as hard as I could was absolutely peeled running past one of those speed things that shows your speed and says slow down. And we tried to get registered on that. So you tried to run it over fifty kilometers an hour?
Speaker 1: No, and it tells you.
Speaker 3: It tells you your speed no matter what, right, But it's if you're over fifty it says slow down. If you go past it's like twenty five thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it didn't even recognize it, didn't Rester.
Speaker 3: Just a bunch of middle aged drunk dudes running past the speak camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think you could?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: So we're doing the snatches that where you're going to go? I don't know, I don't know. It's probably a bit closer to Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the snatch might result in some because that's a technique Lauren Hubbard dislocated situation, because that's a hard enough movement to do with the broomstick let alone.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, actually weights on the.
Speaker 3: Bar I think I could get it to hear it up and then yeah. So the problem with that is that's a much heavier weight that they're going to be able to do.
Speaker 1: But where Yeah, such such as life.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'm looking forward to the weightlifting now to find out exactly what it's going to be. The hero of We've we've already crowned out hero of the Olympic game so far.
Speaker 1: We found him overnight. He's doing the rounds on social media. It's the Turkish dude who won silver and the pistol shooting.
Speaker 3: Yes, and and like I said, with the pistol and any of the shooting, the get ups they have with the little patcho like the little the kind of scaffold structure instead of glasses across their face looks like a playing card over one eye and then on the other one is a little monocle and they're just the most awkward looking PlayStation game as you'll ever come across. Anyway, this dude got silver, and you would have seen the photos of him, one hand in the pocket, normal specs, just a sloppy T shirt on. He's from Turkey. Now we've got his backstory, which is even better So.
Speaker 1: His name is Dick Yusuf.
Speaker 3: And he only recently took up shooting after a particularly heated argument with his ex wife, and he credits his success to his newfound passion for seeing his kids in a relentless drive to prove his ex wrong. I never thought i'd be here, Yousuf said, shrugging nonchalantly.
Speaker 1: I was just aiming for a weekend with the kids. So like, here we go.
Speaker 3: The fifty ten year old who as a mechanic and a small garage in a Stanbul first picked up a gun during a particularly frustrating divorce mediation.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest story of all time.
Speaker 3: I would not be admitting this of his unorthodox approach, no specialty, get, no training regime, and a wardrobe consisting of every day jeans and a T shirt. As baffled professional shooters, he just shows up, shoots a near perfect round and then asks if that where the smoking area is?
Speaker 5: It gets better, though, it gets better. After winning silver, Yusuf stood emotionless on the Olympic podium and declared, Sharon, if you're watching this, I want my dog back. I don't know if this could well being made up, Like if if it's true, it's the most magnificent Olympic moment so far.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So he's standing up there with nothing but just think hatred for his ex. Yes, and he's shooting, and then it's just afterwards he's like, I.
Speaker 1: Need a dart. Yeah, I need a day point me in the direction of the smoker.
Speaker 3: Is loud and then comes back on stage and goes, Sharon, I want my dog back.
Speaker 1: Can't be right, yeh, can't be true, Sharon. Just like Sharon. If you're out there, Nuggy Beck, he's a legend man. He's a dead set. Also, if you compete in that sport, you're never allowed to show up with all that shirt on again because you're not better than him. Nah. And all he's running off is just hatred for his ex. It's a real motivator. Yeah, it is, isn't it. This is why we thought Rory McElroy was gonna win the Open the other day, because we thought the masters. Then there's some reconciliation.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: That's why it did. It happened. He didn't have he didn't have full clear knut clarity, so some people go revenge. Bod. He's picked up a gun and he's fucking good at it. I think, yeah, I I'd be giving him whatever he wants it of Oz Sharon, Yeah, give the dog back, Yeah, give the dog back.
Speaker 3: By the way, she's going to be like breaking bed and she'll be in the lounge one day and the little red dot will appears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all over for it. God, God bless that guy. I love him. Just firing off shot that's how that that's how that sports should be played. Yeah, just stand up there. Ever we shot, go and have a dart. Yeah, couple of beers.
Speaker 3: Like I said, the shotgun. One should be off the hip yeap and off the shoulder.
Speaker 1: I think that he's the heir of the Olympics thus far. Speaking of the Olympics, we are going to go through all of the rainbow of metals that we hauled in overnight right after these ads taste the rainbow lane. Yep, we got we got it all last night. We got all of it. We got the gold Double Scales. Brook Francis Lucy Spores won the double Scales gold. As they declared one for the mums, one for the mums. They said that they hadn't I don't know if they hadn't won a race or they hadn't been going well since by having their kids, and then they came back and they just obliterated the field there they won the gold. The men's coxless four they won silver as well. Uh, and then the women's coxless four one bronze. So full rainbow. It was a great. It was a proud evening to be a key with.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that the Olympics it's always the same. I don't know, So we always go through the same emotions every four years, and that is the first three or four days. We suck because why don't we want to be there totally and we start going booh, we suck because they have swimming and all the freakish sports that the Ausies had a boner on about, and we always panic and it's always the same cycle. We get to like the kind of once we're seated and we start winning medals, everyone kind of can relaxes again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why. We go through the same emotions and every time, and then we hop on the bikes towards the end there and we win a few more. Tell you what, we love a seat. We love a seat. Yeah, jojur A message into the group chat last night, said New Zealand's greatest athlete at the Olympics as a seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything with a seat in it. We just dominated it because we've got CC, we've got the the indoor velodrome. We do pretty well in the velodrome. And obviously we've got the sailing. We've got the rowing kayaking. Sailing got postponed last night and not enough wind.
Speaker 1: It's always an issue, isn't it. And like I've been saying, I've got a mate in the sailing, so I was waiting to watch it. I was like, it's a long time to wait. Love you bro, probably gonna need to get some sleeps at it. And oh, Twiggy Turkey dominated last night as well. You dominated again. You asked me this last week, do I think I could, you know, jump on a biscuit behind one of these rollers? After watching him a twig last night, I reckon I could just about water ski behind it. Put it on my Instagram story last night. You reckon you could water do you reckon? You and Emma twig could win an Olympic qualifier, but you're water skiing behind it.
Speaker 3: I think you need more than one, more than one, no more than skiing's quite hard. It's hard to get up, yes, and so is wakeboarding. You in it's that initial power you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to drag me out of the year, out of the water, because.
Speaker 3: That's why the best gut I thought you could takes less to get on the plane.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a neeborhood or oh maybe I'm just trying to think what would be easier to tow behind? Or can you can you get her on the run?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think if you know, if my mate's dad's on his boat and he pulls me up out of the water and then I just swap handles over to Emma's once she's up at full tilt, then I reckon we're away. I reckon she'd still win. I have loved watching Emma Twig at these Olympics more than any of the other athletes, and even though I don't think her finals even tonight, because the way that she's winning, it's the same way Lisa Carrington has over the last few years. It's like she gets out to a massive, insurmountable lead and then you watch everyone else's just light die behind their eyes. Or you talked about her last was at the semi final quarter final. Whatever, two people quit you. I watched one person give up on rowing as a career in that race, and I saw another one last night.
Speaker 3: She's making people quit their jobs. I also someone must have had a word to the commentator. He called her Emmit twig the whole time. Didn't call her Twiggy one Twiggy, old Twiggy. He's a bit too chummy that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was Twiggy, didn't he dropped the twiggy. Yeah. It's quite funny the rowers as well, like the culture of rowing, because the biggest rowers rode for universities. Yeah, and so he's talking about you know, the other day we talked about the two dudes who rode for Yale and they were in the Swiss team. And then I think one of our blokes is going to Oxford. Oxford. Yeah, well, because it's such a big thing.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you Why wouldn't you go to some of the most prestigious universities on a scholarship. Who wouldn't to study I don't know, communications or something, don't care BA whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bachelor beer drinking. Yeah, I mean I did that at a target union and I never went to the Olympics and had to pay for the privilege. But yeah, Emmitt Twig ended more careers. Last night, Ryan Fox teed off in the golf as well. Yeah he's not bad. Was he three under? Yeah he was tired. Yeah, tied for not this morning.
Speaker 3: Great course, that first hole, Yeah on that course as a killer, like they've gotta you gotta lay up before a lake and then you've gotta over a lake to the green, which is hard on a lake.
Speaker 1: I was that what they were doing because I was watching the guys off the first tee and they all had like three woods or some would go the long iron because that's the layout you needed.
Speaker 3: Bryson de Chambo because he's one option of just going right taking it on, but.
Speaker 1: No one did because everyone was a bit nervous.
Speaker 3: But it was I really enjoyed watching the golf because you see the old PGA player, old Scheffler, was playing well.
Speaker 1: This is again another take from jo Ju, who produces all of the great takes for this podcast. He was saying, can you imagine if you just qualified from like Equatorial Guinea or something, a better little battler that's just a scratch golfer, plucky little Batler is probably like the club chair, but the one club that they've got on their island or whatever. And then you show up and he's Scottie Scheffler just having the crack at this Olympics thing.
Speaker 3: I saw Scotti Scheffler hit one out of the raft and the commentator is like, God damn it, look at that swing. Yeah, it's the messiest thing I've ever seen. He's like, if best, if you saw that, that's a good seventeen handicap at your club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he goes but he's the word number one. Yeah, he's the best in the world. Rory absolutely striped on. We were watching it last night when the sailing got delayed. I feel like if my missus comments out of golf, the ratings would go through the roof. It's hilarious because she doesn't watch golf, she doesn't know anything about it. She's just like, look at the way this guy's holding his stick. And it was one of those that was one of those guys the broomstick part of yeah, the big long one. And then she goes, shit, this guy's pretty good. And then it showed up. She's like, who's Rory mcauroy is like you're right, he's very good. It's the Girlfriend Test. He's more and more jacked every tournament. Oh he's out of control. Yeah. At the SPoD Test she goes as Tiger Woods, and this one he's actually, he's not that good anymore. But I have enjoyed watching the golf as well. I don't know, something quite relaxing about golf, and I sort of thought it feels like one of those sports that shouldn't be a sport at the Olympics. Shouldn't be an Olympic sport to me, I don't know why, but when I watched it, I was like, no, this is an Olympic sport.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed. The course looked amazing as well. Yeah, I'm so mint. And this weekend they opened up the track.
Speaker 1: Yes tonight. Actually, Zoe Hobbes is an action She's listed at eight thirty five and then again at nine point fifty. Yeah, so she's running two heats with within like an hour or so. Is it a heat and a quarter. I'm entirely sure they have two heats. You make it to the second round and then it's semis and finals. I'd want more than two hours between quite explosive thought. That's pretty normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like a it's not like a full like running a fifteen hundred meters and then being buggered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, day off rowing for two thousand. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you've watched Sprint on Netflix, and it makes it so much more interesting because.
Speaker 1: You know all the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Shikari Richard Richardson from the US is hot favorite now because the Jamaican's pulled out.
Speaker 1: Oh, with all the names, Shelleyanne Fraser Price, she's still in the other Jamaic Girheimer Schmidt. Her name is my name too.
Speaker 3: Also the favorites pulled out, Yeah, one Sharika Jackson, that's it. So I had money on her and then pulled out, got refunded. But obviously our hunch this weekend is for Tom Walsh to medal, and he's paying four footy to meddle, and it's.
Speaker 1: He across this weekend is yes, he is. He is across this weekend.
Speaker 3: But the whole favorite on that one is that and Ryan Krawser he's playing one dollar one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm surprised. I'm surprised taking odds on them at all. They did an indoor competition. This would have been about a year and a half ago. I don't know if he saw this one, and they were all competing indoors. Obviously there was a wall at the end of where they were throwing. Just don't hit it. He hit the wall and turned rounds like, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went a prize because in the car, what if someone else HiT's it and then no one else hid it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is. He is a prohibited favorite that crowds are, dude, and he's a genetic freak as well. He's about a head and shoulders taller than everyone else and they're all big boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a vibepunt really, because he's not he's not actually rated to win a medal. There are three or four above them have got better odds, So yeah, he's not favored to win a middle.
Speaker 1: Tom. I always say that, you know, I always tell people that the things I'm betting on a vibe punts as well. But what I've come to realize is are all vibe punts. Every one of them is a vibepunt. And I'd like to tell you about one from yesterday. I know you saw it this morning on the account I was having a look We've got the vibeist of all vibe punts on on the Mad Monday podcast yesterday. We had to put it on because Chris said it on the podcast. I was like, once you've said it and spoken it into existence, you have to get on it because if it came in and you didn't bet on it, it would drive you insane. It is one of the vibeest punts you'll ever hear. It is every player that has been rumored to be leaving the club at the end of the year to score in the Warriors versus Eels game. So that is Jazz Tavanga, Dylan Walker and for the Eels, Blaze Telungy.
Speaker 3: First of all, to the greatest names, Jazz Tevanger and Blaze t'luggy.
Speaker 1: Great God's honest rugby league names. And that is paying a lot.
Speaker 3: The return for one hundred dollar BEIT is fifteen thousand, eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Fifteen eight hundred dollars and it's.
Speaker 3: Just for three players to score tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, granted one of them is a fill in lock because to who Harris is out that that's Dylan Walker, Jazz Tevunger is coming off the bench. YEP. You know, a lot of people didn't even know that he was actually not in Rehead really and Blazed Lungy one of the great names. He's about nineteen years old, he's a center. He's the most likely out of the three of them. What I would say is, don't follow this in. No, just watch it across the weekend because if it pays out, we are paying fifteen fifteen thousand dollars out to you at home, so that's your stake in them.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we are paying out fourteen hundred bucks. I think I'll either put it on yesterday or today, So check out the Facebook page and comment on there, and we basically divvy it up into a hundred dollar lots and that cash straight into your TB account.
Speaker 1: It's not a bonus bear, it's not bonus cash. It is just cash. You can withdraw it if you want. Yeah, absolutely, so I got there.
Speaker 3: The odds for Tom Walsh just to win a meet it is actually four eighty. So he's a little bit of an outsider. So that you know, we're just showing a bit of loyalty there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, staying loyal to the sort, all right, that is your hunch for this week. We're going to take one more quick break when we come back. Yours please, yours please, brought to you by Leader Home of the We can't play all of them at the moment. They are coming in so thick and fast, so we need you listen to all of them. We listen to all of them. We appreciate a lot of them. If yours got cut nine times out of ten, it is because the audio quality was terrible. There's probably no way for you to check that, because I don't know if you can listen back to them. But don't be discouraged if we don't play it out. We just can't get to all of them. Please keep sending them through. Really appreciate your feedback. Just like this guy here first call it yours please.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I was just Willie here again.
Speaker 7: Just wanted to weigh it on the greatest New Zealand rivershed hands down. I reckon it's got to be Mark Elton, jill coate athlete putting on both leag jerseys.
Speaker 6: And scoring six strides against Japan's a solid provincial career there and playing for the Warriors. Now a successful business and rugby franchise owner and uh yeah, I've got to get pissons and shirk on TV for a bit and get paid for it.
Speaker 1: Fucking good cheers. Can I get with the CV. No, that's a that's a great summary.
Speaker 3: I mean I had thirty seconds to summ up Mark Ellis's life and he did it.
Speaker 1: He named it. That's a plus. As far as the New Zealander goes, I'd pick up on one little thing.
Speaker 3: He's success said, successful franchise owner. He's only just gotten into the Highlanders franchise and not overly successful at the stage, but could be.
Speaker 1: Could be.
Speaker 3: But hey, look it's up to you guys. You know, Mark Allis is in the conversation, He's in the conversation. Here's a great Newsalander.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by that metric, would you put Sony Bill in there? I think warb Jerseys.
Speaker 3: I think outside of the game, Marcos has given us more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah, apart from the whole David Warners, Yeah, that was pretty good. That was great. Actually, yeah, I can't argue with that. Keep those nominations coming through for the Greatest New Zealander of all time? Another caller here, yours.
Speaker 8: Please, hey, fellows, just with the greatest New Zealander ever kind of category? Could we do the Worst New Zealander Ever? Yes, I feel like that would be quite interesting for my nomination. I'd like to nominate South Canterbury.
Speaker 3: I love how they've given South Canterbury like a you know, they're a whole person, not bad. I mean, look, I could see the Worst New Zealand category getting us in a little bit of stripe. Yes, we'd probably have to pick either people who were dead or in jail murderers. Yes, And I mean it would be a pretty grim bracket, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: You know, it wouldn't be fun to go.
Speaker 3: You know, talking your David Grays versus your David Tamahades versus you know, it's like not great, Yeah, not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I don't think we will. I don't think we will go through it. But it's a great it's a great pub, yarn pub about to hair it is.
Speaker 3: And I did see something online around who are your three worst dinner guests? Like, if you tune up for dinner at a restaurant it's booked for four, who is a three least people you'd like to.
Speaker 1: See at your table?
Speaker 3: It was quite a good question. I'm not expecting you to answer it now. But it's quite a good again, a good pub conversation.
Speaker 1: Can I throw a controversial one out of here? Robin Williams, I reckon he would have been a real tough chat. Whenever I watch his like stand up comedy, I'm like, God, this is a lot. It's a lot going on. Could you imagine having it? But I think he's he's either a Hundy or zero.
Speaker 3: I reckon he's either at dinner if he's on a HUNDI because I think he's quite bipolar. Right, he would be unbearable or he just sit there and not saying anything. Either of those, yeah, would be terrible. Yeah, anyway, we think about that later. But that didn't mean for this to be a drive by on on Robin Williams straight didn't ye?
Speaker 1: Sorry mate, you didn't deserve that, all right, call here, let's move on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, get a Murray first. I'm call a long time listener. Just listen to the chat about Frosty Boy and mister woodby. My mum growing up told us that when he was playing music, it meant that he was out of ice cream. So for that, I would give it to Frosty Boy every time.
Speaker 3: Who wrote this is a classic parental track that you try and play. You can only do it once, though, because once one of your kids gets a little older, they call bullshit.
Speaker 1: On you and then you fucked yeah yeah, and they tell the other.
Speaker 3: Kids and then it's all on, like, don't lie to us, You lied to us, You are some ice cream. Yeah, Ralph Cotton onto it. He spread the word that we were bullshitting them. They were lying to them. You told us we should never lie. It's just a real spiral.
Speaker 1: What what was the one that you told him? Was it about? Yeah, exactly that. Yeah, yeah, everyone knows that one. That is a That is a that's a gold star parental move. Yeah. I love these hearing about these from what the other parental one.
Speaker 3: This is the other parental hack that this is the only one that really worked, And it was for long road trips when your kids are slightly punishing, like kind of three, five and seven, like just wounding. Any trip longer than an hour or two is so fucking punishing. You gotta stop for pisses, food, fucking fighting, whatever. At the start of the trip, I buy a big bag of lolly snakes and I look them in the eye in the back seat, and I was like, you three, this bag of lolly snakes is yours when we get to our destination. But any fighting anything going on the back seat, we're not happy with. I open it up and I throw one snake out the window. So sitting there they're fighting.
Speaker 1: Open it up.
Speaker 3: When snake out the window, I mean not a snake, another snake, and they could just see their dreams evaporate until they eventually become.
Speaker 1: A team and go, we've got to stop being fuckwards.
Speaker 3: And then you get the destination and they get like four or five snakes off half of them on stay only one.
Speaker 1: I love that. That is a Yeah, it's good. It's a visual representation of how hard you're sucking this up here, so correct. The only problem is you lose all leverage once there's no more snakes. Yeah, this is true.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's people out there whose kids don't give a fuck and they would just eat through those snakes. Yeah, beff the whole packet out and they wouldn't care.
Speaker 1: I do. I do love like those psychological parenting moves, like no one can get the dishes quite as clean as you.
Speaker 3: You're so good at peeling potatoes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're so good at that.
Speaker 1: Those kind of ones they killed me. They still work on me. Now. I only found out about this time last year. Remember when we said if everyday events were in the Olympics, what would you win gold at? And I was like, making the bed.
Speaker 3: I'm excellent at making the bed, And then I realized, actually, non, she just doesn't want to make the bed.
Speaker 1: So she tells me that I'm real mean at making the bed, and here I am with a gold star on my ch is, showing all my friends I'm real good. Making bed still works on it?
Speaker 3: Does She also say, I bet you can't get changed in ten seconds? Yeah, I betch you can't leave the house in ten seconds with the work bag?
Speaker 1: Who can put this on the fastest? Who can die the shoelaces the fastest? Yeah? And it all works with me. The other one that I found out was when I was talking to a mate about you know who stacks the dishwasher wrong in your house? And I was like, man, the missus stack the dishwasher differently and neither of us really care about it. And then I realized it's actually driving her insane. She just hasn't said anything about it. When you go to bed, you can hear clink clink, clink, and she just rearranges it. Sure enough. Yeah, because every night when I'm like, I'll clean that, this is the way. Just leave it. I'll do it. That's such a pas sect. Just leave it. Just leave it. Yeah, because you're going to go and do it and I'm gonna have to do it again afterwards. Anyway. Anyway, we've we're off into the weeds. I think we had a couple more here, yours.
Speaker 7: Please, Okay, Killer's willing to write a sliver of hanging here.
Speaker 6: It's just on the Olympic shift.
Speaker 7: If we've got a question in in there, why can't we have a bit of jouting or potentially some bull riding in there there, particularly of the excitement levels of my books anyway, or perhaps of the Questrians before they went out there drew names out of had to see where animal they ride. Mark Todd coming there on a hippopotamus.
Speaker 1: Great care, Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: I really like bull fighting. Yeah, bull fighting would be so great. That's such a spicy jlipino for the IOC.
Speaker 1: I know, but you can imagine it in the original Olympics like it would have been something that they would have tried Man vers Beast, Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, I don't mind bull fighting, even bull riding. I actually I was thinking bull riding.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, and not the bull fighting is actually pretty throughsome with Bostamp. Yeah, I was actually thinking bull riding. Now it seems a bit more kosher.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Throw a couple of Christians to the lions. Yeahs always quite good. I do like the idea of Mark Todd coming and on a hippopotamus. The only problem is the hippo could turn around and eat him. This yet a risk all the crowd. But if you're worried, if you're one of those people who's worried about animal abuse and the equestrian events, hippo is not going to give a fuck if.
Speaker 3: You whack it with your riding crop and they and they will just run straight through those fences.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, true's not getting over the imagine a hippo in the dressage doing a little and going backwards. You know what I can I've seen what my life partner has been able to train a rhinoceros to do, and I reckon she could do the dressage on the back of her own turns its way. Look the crip walk side will Yeah, yeah, I think. I think that's a brilliant idea. Much malign the animals at the Olympic Games. Why is it only for the horses? We've got one more, heir, call it yours please.
Speaker 4: If a sport is going to be in the Olympics, winning the Olympic Gold needs to be the crowning achievement in that sport. If you ask kids who played soccer what they want to win when they grow up, they're going to say the World Cup, not an Olympic gold. Sailing kids they want to win the America's Cup. And I bet if you asked young Tiger Woods what he wanted to win, he would not say gold at the Olympics. He would say AVN Male Performer of the Year. Anyway buck has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the debate. This is the debate Adult Video Network Awards.
Speaker 3: By the way, okay, this is the debate that happens all the time around. Is this the panacle pinical event of some of these sports? And the answer it clearly is no.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Even surfing, basketball is not, tennis is not golf, is not even a questrian. You know, I think there'd probably be some question writers would rather win badminton.
Speaker 1: There's probably more money in it. Probably some badminton players would rather win the equestrian as well. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: That was a great joke, well crafted, well crafted yours please really enjoyed that that it was for today for a Friday episode of the A Gender Podcast.
Speaker 1: Tonight the Warriors eight pm. They're playing the Eels the home game die and Kezy commentating that one from the ground. Keep an eye out on this feed for the ACC's sports book. Yes, we will be recording very sure. Other than that, have a great weekend. We'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio. We willam you get your podcasts.