Speaker 1: Locking inside netfore getting you closer to the game you love with Adeen Wilson, Anna Stanley and Jenny Wood start by news talks that'd.
Speaker 2: Be Cicoto Kata. I feel a little as though mom and dad have gone away, leaving the little ones in charge. But don't worry. Adeen is in christ Church with her basketballing sons and Anna is in Balley soaking up the sun. I'm sure it's a lot warmer there. So I have been left with the superstar sub Evonne Willering, and we are in control, aren't we.
Speaker 1: We can do this The Inside Netball Podcast right o.
Speaker 2: Well, we kind of noticed the twenty one year old last year, but we could hardly miss her this year. Second year of a full contract with the Mystics. Catherine Hall, Welcome to the show. What a season you're having. What's behind it?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me. Honestly, I don't know. I think I'm just enjoying being able to get out there and with all the game time I'm getting, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like I'm learning a lot.
Speaker 4: So honestly, I think each week it's just a matter of putting into practice and things have learned the week before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it helps the team.
Speaker 4: I'm in great group of girls around me, so honestly, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it all situation? Last year?
Speaker 5: I mean, there are a lot of in circle defenders in the Mystics, and you also had Caristithe there as well, Whereas now you have a look at it, you are as long as you're playing well, you're always going to be guaranteed starting position.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's made a difference to your game.
Speaker 5: I mean people say you can learn a lot from the side, you know, sitting on the sideline. Personally, I think it's about playing out on court. How are you feeling about that, being now obviously responsible in that defensive circle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're totally right.
Speaker 4: I think being able to actually go out there and play allows me to learn a lot quicker. But in saying that, I did learn heaps last year as well. I had Caris and Phoenix who taught me so much. Yeah, and I think even this year, I like as Charlotte and our team as well. She's a great keeper, So I definitely don't feel safe in my position, which I think is cool as well because it keeps me pushing myself to keep trying to get better each week.
Speaker 2: So interesting game this week coming up, because obviously you're up against Kara stythe who not you yourself in the circle. But she's gone to the Steel and that's been a good move. She moving south has been good for both of your games, hasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely. Caris is one of my good friends. I've been keeping in touch with her, which is really nice. But she seems to be really enjoying it and she's really thriving down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what it is, but she's must be the Southern Ear.
Speaker 4: But she's been playing amazing, so it's really cool to see her doing really well as well.
Speaker 5: She's in a very similar position that you're in, and that she is also very dominant within that defensive circle, whereas again she also wasn't as dominant when she was in the Mystics last year, and I've said it was a good move for her. And also, I mean, obviously what I love about your game is the fact you've stepped up now. Is Rob right the defensive coach? Or is it also with Tear.
Speaker 3: They take turns.
Speaker 4: For the first half of the season, we had Rob with us, and now we've got Tear with us. I think they like to sort of switch it up a bit, but they're both very good. I want to say, I don't mind who it is each week.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've had a bit to do with Rob over time, and obviously from Australia.
Speaker 1: Won't take that against them.
Speaker 5: But you know, he's very much he was initially very much a one on one defender. You know who's interested in just that one on one marking. Yet I look at your game and yes, sometimes you are reasonably tied on, although I often hear him saying comments saying get off the body, get off the body. But I think your greatest success is actually space marking more and looking for the intercepts. How have you found how How do you think you are playing at the moment. Is it a combination or what are you doing there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think it is a combination.
Speaker 4: I think Robs come in and both him and Tea are sort of trying to create this new style of defense and mystics, which I think they've been working on for a few years, and it is it's a combination of being able to control our own player but also have a look at what else is happening around us. So I'd like to say my goal is to be a defender that can do both and can win ball both ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had some time out of gold defense the other night as well. Which do you prefer.
Speaker 4: Well, all, for a school, I was a gold defense, but then coming into mystics, I've mainly only played goalkeep, so I'm still a bit fresh with gold offense.
Speaker 3: At this level, I do enjoy them both.
Speaker 4: I'd say at the moment, I'm feeling more comfortable in goalkeeper, but I definitely want to keep expanding that I am a person that can play both.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you need to.
Speaker 5: I'm looking obviously further ahead for you for other situations, and yeah, if you have two positions and you sh you'll always be able to play one better than the other. But two positions, Yeah, generally teens for higher honors is what's required. And if Harvest please see you come out at goal offense. Do you find as goalkeeper you have more time to cite the intercepts than you would as a goal offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: I think as a goalkeep one of the lucturies of the position as you can sort of see everything. You've got that spot at the back of the court to sort of see things coming, which helps a lot gold offense. It's I think it's a bit more. You're sort of constantly doing something, so you're sort of as different and as you say, there is less time to see things happening. But I think you can create ball in different ways, which is probably what I'm still learning how to do.
Speaker 2: Now, let's get away from the net or court. What do you do when you're not playing netball?
Speaker 4: So I'm at Uni, I'm studying medicine. Well, I'm actually I've deferred this year and I'm doing a honors research project. But it's all part of a medical degree.
Speaker 2: What is it with goalkeepers and doctors? Because isn't Laura Balma the she's doing medicine too. Isn't she one of the pulse players? But now tell me about your especially you're doing an interesting research paper. It's all to do with ankles, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yes, Well that was initially the plan and it probably will get to that, but I've sort of started. My supervisor is great. He's sort of letting it be whatever I'm interested in. So I started by doing a literature review on netball injuries actually, and then I guess because ankles are so commonly injured in netball. That's where we're probably hitting with the more of a biomechanical focus into some research because that's his sort of specialty area.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think it'll get to that.
Speaker 5: Oh good on you now and your research. Are you able just to do that in any spare time or do you have set times that you have to do that?
Speaker 1: Is that why you now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you now not doing the medical part because it's a time factor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's time.
Speaker 4: Last year I did my third year of medicine full time with netball, and so I was busy, but I managed to do it all. This year, i'd be going into placements of full time in the hospitals, so that becomes track at a balance with netball. So yeah, with the honors, I can I've got no where I need to be at certain times, so I can just spit it in around network.
Speaker 3: So it's really flexible.
Speaker 2: Well, you're certainly playing beautifully and I heard was it Kruz Tangira sort of saying that he thought that you might be heading for higher honors in the commentary, So you know, let's see if you can fulfill your potential. But before you go, we sort of finish up every chat with what we call a fast five. So these are just five questions, don't think too hard about it.
Speaker 1: Why inside Netball's fast five?
Speaker 2: What's your go to post game snack or meal?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'd say a burger, a nice face burger, or with sauce or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta have sauce.
Speaker 2: If you could compete in any other sport apart from network, what would it be and why volleyball?
Speaker 4: I always played volleyball as well as netball throughout school, and I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: My sister's a keen volleyballer as.
Speaker 2: Well, so oh well, yeah, it might be in the genes. Now, who in your team is most likely to get you into trouble and most likely to get you out of trouble.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I feel like a lot of them could get me into trouble. I'm gonna go with better to get me into trouble out of trouble, probably Holly Ray.
Speaker 2: Ah, Yes, she seems very sense. Holly Ray Yes, che is yes.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now, if you could take any three athletes in the world, they can be dead or alive with you to dinner, who would you take.
Speaker 4: Oh, these are good questions, Serena Williams.
Speaker 5: M.
Speaker 3: Muhammad Aliu and oh maybe Simone Biles.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, that's good, good thinking. Now, last one, what's the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That sounds so cliche, but honestly, probably just to have fun. I think it's so easy to get caught up in stressing of that, especially with netball, what's next or what I could be like trying to think of the next thing.
Speaker 3: But I think just.
Speaker 4: Being in the moment and enjoying it and remembering, you know, I'm here and I'm like, it's so called the opportunities that I get, So just enjoying those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that can sort of be in all aspects of life as well.
Speaker 2: That is so true. And look, you know a number of players have sort of said that's that sort of thing, and you can see it's reflected in the way they play. Catherine, thank you so much for taking your time today to have a hatch chat with us and all the rest, all the best for the rest of the season, no worries.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me enjoy Inside Nedball on iHeartRadio talking all things netball, Inside Nedball.
Speaker 2: Round seven has been and gone. Now let's go back, because that first game of round seven, it was the Steel versus the Magic. There was a lot of hype about this game because it was down and Invericargo and the Magic. Well, both teams needed to win it, really and one team severely underperformed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was an interesting clash and you're in situation. Still had to win it in order to stay and cons for that third spot. Magic had to win it because it's time that they started putting a winning performance out on court. And again, you look at the game, I thought it be a lot closer. It did end up reasonably close, but that's only because Magic started to shoot some two pointers and that makes it difference. And it's been a few games like that actually, So yeah, sixty five to fifty six, Yeah, I expect it closer. Encounter again done very dominant for the steal. She got forty four out of forty six. And it's interesting you look at it and you go, yeah, they're all close shots, and yes they're all from the baseline, and I'm going, so, why defensively hasn't anyone done anything about that? And that's just skillful play on her part. She has a bit of movement to the game, but it's you have a look at the spots where she shoots from and it's always that baseline.
Speaker 1: So still had ten more attempts.
Speaker 5: So you look at the game and as the game progressed, I thought they deserved to win that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they did too. And I love the way that Aliadne looks quite quizzical after each you know, the camera just capt us here. But I thought the Magic had their moments. But there was an example where they really let them get away. Was in the last three minutes of the first half. Now, Savior two E shot a two pointer, so that brought the Magic up to within three twenty eight, twenty five, and then they didn't score again, and yet the steal piled on another five goals, and you know, so something is not quite right in that Magic set up. I can't offer what it is.
Speaker 5: And we talk about consistency all the time, you know, and you have a look at it from quarter to courting and say, oh, yeah, we won the second half. You've got to try to win it all for quarters, you know, and you're not going to steal they don't really.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are times when they have the two point shot.
Speaker 5: And Georgia heffern in fact got a two pointer when it counted what last week or the week before, and it was a really critical shot.
Speaker 1: They won at the head.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, but you know they did didn't rely on any two points in this game. They were quite happy just to tag along and just go one point.
Speaker 1: They're send to pass off.
Speaker 5: Whereas Magic in the end they had to rely on two point shots. Now, Dewey got five out of nine. Okay, yes that means ten points, but also it means that when what didn't wasn't successful, it either went out of court or the defense got the ball, which gave Steel another opportunity obviously of scoring from that. And Echanacio and we keep talking about this, what a wonderful shooters is great on the long shots, and she took two and got none in and I just don't think she has been dominant enough to date. And you can say Magics, they haven't got a great leader at the moment.
Speaker 1: What does leadership mean?
Speaker 5: And I talk about that, and it's about someone that takes charts and says, look at me, I'm doing my bit.
Speaker 1: You follow and do exactly the same.
Speaker 5: And I think magic is found wanting in that aspect of game.
Speaker 2: I've always thought that Canaca was a good leader, but I think she needs a left tenant like on her shoulder, and we just haven't, you know, quite seen that. I did enjoy though, the signs for Whens for mayor in the cloud, and I thought, oh my goodness, she'd be a good mayor. Too down for you know, in the cargo. Anyway, moving right along, because the next game of the round was polse versus Tactics. Now this was deemed as the big one. Now, whatever illness the Poles had, I think they need to hang on to it because they had no Farmu Yuani and no Whitney Soonis and so he thought, oh golly, you know, they're big time players. But they didn't miss you know, they didn't miss a beat because I think the key for them was moving Maddie Gordon into wing attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But and yes, we can.
Speaker 5: Talk about the mid court, but really the player that makes a difference to that team, and it was shown up in that game was Jackson. When Jackson's on form and the back end and she was active from the start, got a number of tips and it meant that the tactics, they became a bit hesitant and don't forget they start with Salmon and Bird comes on on the situation. But really Jackson was in charge. She was player of the game as it ended up, because she was consistent throughout. And that's a situation where I was talking about earlier, I will do the work everyone else you follow as well, And that's certainly the way that it was. And they really played as a unit. And again goal shooter was a dominant shooter. Warmsley fifty four out of fifty six, so very similar to done with the steel And you know, you can say, again, no one's countering that. The only thing that came through in the media was the pulses. In a situation you're going all there's concerns over the goal.
Speaker 1: Attack and Maturo.
Speaker 5: They were quoted it how many goals she would get in a game and at the moment it's an average of seven goals. Now you can say, well, so what when you've got such a dominant shooter and I understand that, you know, I mean, why change something if it's working well for you And at the moment they're not having problems actually passing the ball too Warmsley. She's taking it strong, stronger than she did last year. But you know it's yeah against the Tactics in that team. In that game she only scored one goal, and you're going with this, Warmsley goes down.
Speaker 1: What are they going to do now?
Speaker 5: This is Matro you're talking yeah, yeah, and you can say, well, put a malasala on And I thought that, you know, they certainly, you know, should do that more often. I like her change in play. But having said that, Matul feeds Warmsley the best out of the two of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so then you could you then mount the argument, well doesn't matter if she doesn't shoot. I think it does myself. But look my pressure on Womsley. A lot of pressure and interesting no interesting position for the Pulse because they've only there's two rounds to go, the two gay teams. They have to play the Stars and the Magic. Now look where they are on the table and you know we anyway, we'll talk about that in a moment.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 5: Sorry, but like still would have watched that game and they would have really wanted the Tactics to win that because they're in the fight against the Pulse. So this has made it even more interesting in the whole competition.
Speaker 2: Ladder, Well, it has and gosh, it's been a funny old season, hasn't it. So the last game of the round was the Stars versus the Mystics. You know, the poor old Stars cheap as they've had a tough season. Oh and I should mention too before we leave the Pulse Aleana Pulliata played. I think she played the whole game. I just have such admiration for her. Three acls. She's come back from you know, I just I think that's amazing.
Speaker 5: And Pulse, if you have a look at it, you're almost saying welcome back. You know, we saw it in the first round and we really haven't seen it as a team as a collective unit until this And I now look at them and going you're worthy of a top three absolutely.
Speaker 2: Anyway, getting back to that Stars Mystics game, Yeah, the Stars, well they were able to I mean I think what they were close ish at the end of the first quarter and then it just got away from them. They Mystics were hugely strong in the second half. Danelle Wallain was back yep, and she made a big difference.
Speaker 5: She did because they could just turn and pass the ball to it, although Mystics obviously have survived even without her. But yeah, it was a situation while I'm again for forty six dominant shooter in there, although Vouie did come through with eight out of eleven and she got two out of three points shots as well. What I liked about that she took them not because they were losing, but because they were winning. But you got to appreciate Mistics is in a situation now that gold differential may come into it because they're in a fight with Tactics for that top spot and it may come down to gold differential. So whilst it was cute to make changes, it is also about making sure you get the score.
Speaker 1: And poor Stars were at the end of it. What was it interesting?
Speaker 5: I thought they I said, put Johnson on you because she adds experience. She was injured, so another injury to the Stars, and I mean, you know they were so limited in who they could put it out.
Speaker 1: I thought you'd be.
Speaker 2: Waiting for the call up yourself.
Speaker 1: But you're right, they were in it for the first half.
Speaker 5: And I think that's what's so frustrating for Timmy Parra Bailey as the coach, that they just couldn't keep it together. And once again the word comes to mind, inconsistent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we saw again pet Hoop on the goal attack. But now, I know you don't like this, do you.
Speaker 5: She's a wing attack, you know, and you like they can say, oh, yes, but she's tray.
Speaker 1: You know, she's practiced, you know, in the season. Have a look at it.
Speaker 5: The reason I'm not saying that she doesn't add quality because you have a look at it. She's still able to feed walm and from But I'm saying you can feed her as a wing attack, you don't need to do that as a goal attack. Now when she came on, did she stay on for the rest of the game. No, Vuie came back on. So there's nothing wrong with Vuie's play. And I'm going, I just don't think that's necessary. They may say, you know, it's just in case. Yeah, I can, I can see that, But you know, is she really at the moment that third shooter Because they've still got Glen on the bench as well, whether she's injured or not or whatever, you know, she is on the bench for them. So I look at that and I'm going, you know, yeah, is that a necessity to put it in the goal attack position.
Speaker 2: Well, that remains to be seen, but we should have a quick look at the next round, round nine, because I think these are all pretty cut and dried. First game, Pulse versus Stars.
Speaker 5: Yep, you'd have to go with Pulse if they you know, if they now looking at it and going, listen, that was our performance last week. You know, we's just been so you know, that's a performance they need to bring through and starts still in a situation they've got players out and you know, yeah, you can say they've got to try to get off the bottom. They really just want to try to get some unity back in the flow of that degree.
Speaker 2: The next game is the Mystics deal now that, oh I can't help but think that I would quite like the Steal to win that.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Yeah, that'll be interesting, will be But it's a situation.
Speaker 5: Mystics did not play at their best against the Stars, you know, because the Stars are in it for quite a period of time, so they will look at that and they know it wasn't a complete performance and they certainly will need a far more complete performance against the steel because the Steeler now saying, hey, listen.
Speaker 1: We're hanging in there.
Speaker 5: We're really you know, coming to the party and they want that third spot.
Speaker 2: Yes, now explain to me again, So that third spot is well, you want the top spot, don't you, because that way you go straight through to the final.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not because people say, oh, yeah, you want the top spot because then you've got your home final advantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit more than that.
Speaker 5: Obviously, you want to be You don't want that extra game because two place three loser goes home and story, so you know that's a game you really don't want to be involved. And at the moment, there's not really one team that has been consistent throughout.
Speaker 1: We would have said the Tactics until they.
Speaker 5: Played the Pulse this week, and now we're going, what's happened to the Tactics because certainly that was not their best performance against the Pulse.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been saying that it has been the most inconsistent season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The good thing about it though, with the two rounds, every game's counting, and every bonus point can also count because don't forget, you get within five, you get a bonus point, so that's counting. And right now we're sitting here, we don't know who's going to be the top. We know that Tactics and Mystics will be there, but we don't know which order. And also at the moment, we don't know who's going to be third, and at the moment it's going to be between what Pulse and Steel. So it's still a very active competition with only two rounds to.
Speaker 2: Go, which is very good. Now, just quickly, speaking of active competition competition, big upset across the Tasman The Swifts lost to the sixth place Mavericks, and I think that was considered quite an upset Grace Wiki she played pretty well and the Giants had to win as well over the Firebirds.
Speaker 1: So interesting.
Speaker 5: Just on the last game, don't forr Tactics is playing Magic. Oh yes, coming out because we didn't even go there. Yes, and Tactics wouldn't like that we did go there, So Tactics in a situation now that performance obviously wasn't their best performance, so they will be looking at an improved performance again. They are looking for a home final, so Mystics will really be looking at that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, worth great interest.
Speaker 5: Magic in a situation, I don't believe they've played their best and yeah there's two there's two games to go.
Speaker 1: You know, it's time.
Speaker 5: Like we keep saying to them, we know they can play better, and I'm sure they do as well, but right now they've just got it. They've got to nail it, you know, even though you can say, well I'm sitting at the we're sitting at the bottom.
Speaker 1: We're not going to be top three.
Speaker 5: No, but it's all about pride as well and just finishing off the season. And for obviously recontracting next year because that'll come into it.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, and for what competition? Where are they going to be playing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it'll be a similar format that it is this year.
Speaker 5: The only problem with it is is again yeah, it's a funding issue and you know, and players are demanding payments.
Speaker 1: Now it's a different competition.
Speaker 5: Forget about the days where we just did it for the sheer, pride at the sports.
Speaker 2: And a new pair of shoes. Look, we must get on because the trialists for the under twenty one's were named during the week. The World Youth Cup that's coming up in Gibraltar. Now we are the Youth Cup champions. We won it back in twenty thirteen in Glasgow and twenty seventeen in Botswana and then it was due. There was another one due in twenty twenty one, but of course COVID put paid to that, so the head coach, Julie Seymour came up with twenty three players. There's some interesting names in these plays, you know. There's some well, obviously Amelia Warmsley is there. There's connerly Manray and Noah. There's some big netball games. Ella Southby that's Little Southby's Southby's daughter. And also Julie Seymour's own daughter, Joe, she's there, so you know that. That's Priscilla Rasmusen she's as well.
Speaker 5: These are names obviously they yeah, and some of these The great thing about it is they've had the A n Z environment. They may not have played like Summer Tim who hasn't really played, but they've had the experience of you know, the trainings and also the court side, so they will have gained from that and they will add value a lot of the others.
Speaker 1: Don't forget our school.
Speaker 5: You know, I was gonna say school because just youngsters, and they are youngsters. But this is a really important tournament. I love this this tournament and it sets you up obviously for Silver Fern selection in the future, but what an opportunity for these players. So yeah, I think these trials I think they're over two three days an end of July. Yeah, and again it'll also be about fitness testing. It'll be a whole series. Is not just going to be out on court that they're playing against one another.
Speaker 1: And you know, don't forget that. You know the NNL competition.
Speaker 5: You know the selectors will have cited all that, so you've seen them in an active club competition besides just having two days of trial so to speak.
Speaker 1: So a bit of pressure on.
Speaker 5: These youngsters, but we need that going into future A and Z selection.
Speaker 2: Now, is there a lot of pressure on Julie Seamool because her daughter is one of the one of the trials.
Speaker 5: Not really not actually for the selection process because they will have other selectors there and I know that she would then count on those people. The problem it comes, well, not a problem but if they make the team, because sometimes you know, and I've seen it in the past whereby the mum is quite quite hard on the daughter and the actual team or they actually just bypass them and don't say anything. So there needs to be a balance, and that's where I think the assistant coach comes into it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I suppose that's exactly right. I remember coaching my daughter and the west Lake team, one of the lower teams, and it got to a point where I just simply couldn't coach her anymore because of or she wouldn't take any notice of what I was saying.
Speaker 1: So that was why that situation problem. That situation.
Speaker 5: Last week, I was helping Bernie's mini and her daughter is in the team, in the in the team, and I'm going, well, say something or though you say it, you know, that was quite cute and I understand that. But the main thing is that you know, like in this situation, if it's school or club, that you don't take it home because that's when you need to separate from being a coach and then being a mum. And I think these play these coaches, you know, Julie's pretty experience in.
Speaker 2: The absolutely Now the other main or big news that came out last week we touched on it briefly last week was the World Netball and the fact that it's going down to well not down to it's higher frequency every two years now. Now, I you know, I do think that this is a good thing because it needs Netbule's pro well needs to be lifted. But it's going to add costs, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I found news thing people saying that they really thought it was a great thing, and I'm against it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think with four years, you have bragging rights, and you have bragging rights for four years, and that's just a wonderful, wonderful time. And you know, it's that time frame that's involved. Whereas if it's every two years, if you lose out, you know one time, it's okay, you only have to wait two years before you have the bragging rights again. So that's a change there. Also, the question now becomes do we not have Comonwealth games anymore?
Speaker 1: And I like Commonwealth games.
Speaker 5: Because it allows being involved in a couple It allows players to cite other sports as well, and just to get that interaction with other sports, which I think is really important. I probably didn't as a coach do that enough. I was quite you know, focused on the nepple side of it. But I can see you're kind of broaden that so you're going to miss out. So I don't know about the Commonwealth Games and if they're still in there, WHOA, that is a tight shed. And also which countries can afford to have a team every two years, and also which countries can actually host it? And I bet you anything, it's the main countries that will always host it. And it's the main countries that are saying what a wonderful thing this is because some of the countries, and I just heard recently and I saw it in the media, Tong was saying, whoa, you know, sometimes we have trouble getting a team together for a.
Speaker 1: Four year cycle.
Speaker 5: And also it is a funding aspect that comes into it as well.
Speaker 1: You know, whoever pays for that.
Speaker 5: And you know, so when it comes down to two years, are you going to have sixteen teams in that? And don't forget they want to split it to top eight and bottom eight.
Speaker 1: There's lots of things that come into this equation.
Speaker 2: And it's all very well when they're in well they're being held in some of the wealthier countries. I mean, I've heard talk about the twenty twenty nine because the next one's in Sydney twenty twenty seven. Twenty twenty nine might be in the Middle East somewhere, So you I know, I have to think there's a bit of money there or I mean, who knows. It's just like so many things in netball at the moment, we just have to wait and see. But that's it. Time's up. We've made it so well. It was quick, yes, but listen, Eyvon and I will be back next week. We'll be joined by storm Purpose, the wonderful Storm Purpose. So until then, enjoy all Is Marves Netball. Marty wa