Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus Lush Nights podcast from News Talks.
Speaker 2: I'd be loose like a goose. It is the Friday free for all. Welcome, Welcome, welcome, coming every one here till midnight to that. My name is Marcus. So if you're not feeling all right now, I hope by twelve o'clock you are feeling better. I'll do my damnedness. Looking at flights, I've been focusing on flights in Willington Airport. Here's a question for you. Well, no, here's not a question. Here's a statement. Wellington Airport two hundred flights in an out of day. Surprised to see that it was a lot more than I thought it would be. I thought it'd be thirty or forty to forty. Of course, I presume some of those little planes just going across the Blenheim or Tuck. That's a lot. Though. Guess how many flights today Auckland Airport would have land and takeoff. It's pretty damn but how many think it would be. I was very much surprised because a lot of people are flying, a lot of people are traveling anyway. Welcome to the show. Eight one hundred and eighty ten, eighty nine dexts. But of everything tonight, actually it's probably going to be a four topic. Night feels very much like this week is the week that the I kind of think think in some ways that you're in hasn't got four season. We've got more like two. Feels like summer and winter feels very much like winter now. So you might want some topics. Well, you might not want some topics. I've had a couple of questions for you that are winter related. Firstly, and I want to just chuck this at you because I'm curious to know pellet fires. Are they still a thing? Are you still happy with your pellette fires? Have the prices of pellets become competitive? H Are you being extorted by a monopoly? Because a while ago people have raved about pellette fires, but not so much since. Always enjoy a winter heating special kind of a show, so you might want to comment on it. The other thing I'm kind of curious about too, slow cookers. Have you cracked it up for the winter yet and how has it gone for you? And new things you've discovered to do when your slow cooker I kind of think the slow cooker, and I mean the pun is slightly off the boil. I think people aren't kind of obsessed with slow cookers as they once were. They've gone to air fries and not eating as healthily. That would be my take on that one. I think a lot of people say they like cooking things and slow cookers, actually don't use them that often. That would be my belief, because it's great to get something on the slow cooker and off to going before you go to work. But actually the reality is probably people don't do it that often because I've got busy lives. I had the joy today that was buying Rugby boots day today. Well that's quite interesting process, isn't it. I don't even know what the process was like in the old days. Quite a big range, quite a big range. And I kind of feel in some ways that, like everything, know, like some things through perhaps international trade, that things like Rugby boots are probably a lot more reasonbly priced than they've ever been, or I'd hate to think the conditions in which they're made, and I certainly don't think their leather. I would imagine that for kids, the Rugby boots are probably just some sort of I don't know, plastic composite but anyway, people go complain about places like the warehouse and trade blow image. When it comes to sporting goods, we are much more blessed and there's much more availability with sporting goods. Anyway, get in touch slow cookers. We'll start with and the joys of international trade? Is that a topic? Probably? Is is it? Anyway? Get in touch Marcus. Till midnight, Becks, welcome, good evening.
Speaker 3: Hi, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Becks?
Speaker 4: How are you going?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: I'm good, thank you good, I'm pleased.
Speaker 7: I let's just tell you how much I love my slow cooker.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Tell me more.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's just so handy. You just keep that thing really in the morning, get home from work and you're done.
Speaker 2: But how often do you actually use it?
Speaker 7: I have used my slow cooker probably over the last year. I use it three times a week.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, wow, I know, so I highly rate them. What your go to anything?
Speaker 7: Pork, beef, chicken, nachos?
Speaker 2: Anything I wouldn't do nachos, would you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Do whatever?
Speaker 2: But you wouldn't put the corn chips and put the corn chips later?
Speaker 7: Yeah okay, yeah yeah, but the month?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but with your pork and your chicken. It's just in there with the vegetables beside it all, and it's just left to go for eight hours. Is that right?
Speaker 7: That's correct? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you ever try anything?
Speaker 7: You No, but I might.
Speaker 2: Do if you ever had any if you had any slow cooker failures. No, never what people say, it always goes right, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: It does, It can't. You can't go wrong with it.
Speaker 2: But seasonally it's the winter, not the summer. Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: So another story we've been using it all over summer as well.
Speaker 2: Really for what.
Speaker 7: Just the same foods Okay, I like them?
Speaker 2: Like where I like what you've got going on? Big sag that thirteen past day Garriott's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 9: O, Ma, So just I don't give you a little hint I picked up and it works so well forul when you're buying shoes, especially for like kids and stuff like that, if you actually take if you take the end, the sole out of the shoe and then get the kids or yourself to stand on us, then you can actually get the true imprint of your foot size. And so therefore with me, I went the other day and I put this shows up and then my feet were two wide. So I had to then go up to a four E, which is like I've got a good group on youth, So it was quite wide. But I thought right, I didn't even try the shoes on, went with that theory, got home walking within the last three days.
Speaker 10: Perfect.
Speaker 2: And you've invented this. This is not some TikTok heck it was.
Speaker 9: No, I haven't vented it. No, it was something that I saw. It may have been on a TikTok, but I just saw it on you know, like you know when you're watching the all the different things you try and the chewing gum for your eyes, that type of stuff, but it's just that kind of thing. But it was one and I thought, oh, that's I was going to go buy a p shoes and then I thought it and sold out. Put it on the floor. Check perfect.
Speaker 2: So you get this right. You take the insole out of the shoe, yes, put on floor, and then you stand on that to make sure that the flappy bits of your foot aren't going over the size of the insul. Is that right, yep?
Speaker 9: And then you give yourself a good like fifteen millimeters at the top or half an inch at the top of your big toe to the shoe, the war the enders on the shoe, and they've put me perfectly.
Speaker 2: So your first and this worked on the first in a sole you used.
Speaker 9: Yes, oh no, the first one I put on it was wrong. My foot was star too fat.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's that's key to ascertain. So your foot was rolling over the size of the profile of the inner sole.
Speaker 9: Yes, and then because otherwise sometimes what happens is you you put them and you put your shoe inside and you can shoe your foot connection squeeze out to the size of the shoe, but it's not perfectly fitting.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because then your foots under pressure, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 9: And the other thing is just a quick one for slow cooker. We used that once a week. And there's wonder that that lady she was again probably TikTok two. She yes, I know, older, old and on TikTok and it was she gets the frozen chicken, just bugs the whole thing in, puts onions on the bottom, and then just puts a whole lot of herbs and stuff on the top and then just cooks the fade out and it does. It comes out perfect.
Speaker 2: Really, it's starting with a frozen chicken.
Speaker 9: Yes, just put it in frozen.
Speaker 2: Yes, it sounds vapor that sounds problematic.
Speaker 3: Well it was to the horror of my wife.
Speaker 9: She she hates, she hates kind of anything to do with chicken that's undercooked. But I did it and it came out and literally it fust.
Speaker 2: You try to wind up your wife.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well no, no, you're not trying to do that. Never trying to do that. You never try and wind up your wife. Then you're in deep troubles, don't you. Happy wife, happy life, you know that kind of thing. And we do it like my other one is that there's a Vietnamese curry and you can get it. I get it in like an Asian shop. That because we're out East Aukland, so and it's in the Asian shop. You can get this. And what we have to do is put your beef and carrots that big fat carrots, don't cut them small, and then just pour this suffin and sometimes I put a little bit of potato in there as well, and then you just leave it and cook it for about six seven hours on high and it comes out absolutely young and perfect. And it is the easiest one to do.
Speaker 2: Garry. You told me about the makeup of East Auckland and your Asian shop. But what do you buy from there is a sesche?
Speaker 9: No, it's actually in that glass jar and it's like, I don't know, it's just has Vietnamese, right, you can't really but if you go in and ask for your Vietnamese curry, they will give you that one.
Speaker 2: So what's the name of the shops? I can google it up.
Speaker 9: Oh, Safeway, no, safe safe, Yeah, Safeway. I think it is safe way work.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a motorway.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: No, they pick unusual names for their shops. But Safeway is it? And it was it's quite, Yeah, it's quite. They've got a few.
Speaker 2: Other tie stars. Vietnamese.
Speaker 9: Isn't it Vietnamese? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can't see it in the jar? Is it in a box? Is it a jar? And is it an a jar? Then in a box?
Speaker 9: No, it's just just a jar on its own. And it's about a glass jar. Yeah, it's about the size of the arm jar, so it's not overly big. But it's I'm going to have to find that. I'm gonna have to find it.
Speaker 11: I mean, it is it is.
Speaker 2: It's what subway safe, safe ways and is.
Speaker 11: It Yeah, it's Island.
Speaker 9: The Highland Park. Yes, it's in there. But all the most of the Asian shops would have this. I've seen it in others. If Smart have it in as well, and that's an if Mart, Yes, if Mart, which looks like Smart, which again you have to question why the name of shops are unusual. But anyway, have you ever if you ever it?
Speaker 2: Is it red boat Vietnamese lemon grass curry?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it a green label? Yes, it's not Vietnamese. You can because you can go through your wheelive and it's not Vietnamese. Carry oil paste is it?
Speaker 9: No? No, No, it's one that you just know. It's not the oil past.
Speaker 2: Is it seven dollars?
Speaker 9: But I don't think so, I'm going to I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I'm going.
Speaker 2: I'm still rolling about people do it? Is it got coconut for sauce and tomato?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 9: I don't think No, I'm not a big coconut fan.
Speaker 2: But no, no, I don't judge me. I'm just asking because it's the one that came up. I'm still reading about your frozen chicken and your slow cooco. I think that's probably a thing you should try it, just not cause I try it.
Speaker 11: Bang it.
Speaker 9: It's easy frozen in and you know, like you get onions and get onions, just peel them and smash it up a little bit and you put them on and then check the chicken on the top. You've gotta do breast side up. And then you're gonna kind of yeah. And then and I put like garlic garlic powder onion powder, a little bit of a pabreaker. And there's something called celery salt. My wife, My wife's a really good is she tonight?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 9: She's at home. I'm working. I'm at Halfman Bay. I'm on the Marinad. I'm the dock master down here. I do the walking ground and chicking. So I'm standing here, beautiful moon tonight, a little crescent looking across the boats.
Speaker 2: Calm up, the up the histuary of the flat as a pancake, flat as a Pancake's beautiful.
Speaker 9: It's a really beautiful night. We had a massive shower today though the white water came through. It was the biggest rain i'd seen. Sometimes. It lasted about fifteen minutes, then stopped wining. Some came out.
Speaker 2: What times the shift finished?
Speaker 9: Gary eleven?
Speaker 2: Okay, nice to heavy on board, Gary love a dock master. I've done a frozen chicken and slow cooker works. I don't even I thought the people have beat the food police had been coming through your window. I think we're all freaked out by chicken. I don't know if we should be that we're all freaked out by chicken. In fact, a lot of them millials won't even touch it. They're too scared to touch the wrapping. What about that chicken and a tin? Where does that come from? That's sketchy, isn't it, Marcus. I put a frozen chicken in the crock pot on Sunday night and it's ready for lunches on the week for Monday morning. God, people are organized braggers, aren't they? Who would be that organized? Flying in and out of welling into the airport on a stormy windows day is like riding on the Johnsonville train line. You've got to try at least once. Slow cookers are great if you're on solid power, as there is no major drain on the power supply, and you come home to a lovely dinner cooked by the sun. Brilliant seven twenty four Steve Marcus, welcome, Hey you mate, How are you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 11: What's that meaning, I'll just the radio.
Speaker 2: Damn turn off if you can even even better?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just sid I'm in the car at the moment. So everything. I heard the guy talking about cooking and that slow cooking stuff. And I used to be a sheaf and christ at the restaurant Oxid and even it used to be pretty popular. It was on TV and that, you know, and one of the things that was most popular in theirs. I watched kids they don't like vegetables, specially carrots and that, right, So I was the one at the restaurant that came up the idea of getting orange juice and reducing it down as a sauce, and you pour that over the carrots. Kids might't resist it. I'll just gobble it up, right, all this is nice. So you have ways of making kids eat things by tricking them by using orange juice with carrots. They don't even notice it, No one does. They just think it's juice from the carrots. And the other thing that was real popular. It takes four hours to do it, but slow cocker and it just melts in your mouth. It's called the whole We're going to wallow. So you get a pork belly flat and you're roll it out flat and you make paste up with clothes. And the reason I use clothes is because clothes is one of the best medicines for a human body. It's really good for our blood cells. And people just look at it as though you only use that for apple pies, but you don't. If you can eat clothes. How to close, every day, you watch your health go up really good in less than two weeks. So when I made the pork belly flap, I make a paste up using apple juice cinnamon, and you rejuice that down to a thick sauce, or you can use apples and put them in a blender to make a thick paste. When you make the taste, make sure you put heaps of powder clothes in there and try and leave it in the fridge overnight before you use it, because that's the taste that you're going to wrap inside the pork belly flat and also on the outside of it when it's fully done. Started off, you need a pork sausage, a decent walk sausage. You wrap that sausage with as much baking as possible. Then you use talk months and you roll that up flat. You have to use flat wrap or baking paper to do that. And then you wrap the pork valley flap around it, and you cover the whole thing with the sauce and taste that you made, and you slow cook that four hours, dude, and you watch it won't even last on the plate more than probably fifteen to twenty minutes, and the whole lot's gone. People just can't you know, they can't get enough of it. What did you in the restaurants? Now you don't see any of that anymore, and I think that's wrong. You know, you're taking pretty much enjoyment by food away from people. And I look at the government has taken enough away from the public anyway, and we should still be allowed to join a few things, you know, and.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to unpick with you. Have you got a website?
Speaker 8: No, I actually thought about doing it, but I'm not a chef. Or I actually do tanteing now, yeah, tattooing, you know, tattowing them yep, okay, cosmetic tatoing. So a lot of the elderly ladies, they get sick of drawing their eyebrows on side.
Speaker 2: You do, you do ordinary tattoos as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do all sorts.
Speaker 2: Is anyone ever got a tato a slow cooker?
Speaker 8: No, not that I know of, mate. But I'll tell you one thing. My friend reads a diet and the day before she was booked in for a tattoo, and the family requested at the funeral, can I draw the tattoo on her in the coffin. So I didn't have an issue with that, but I've asked other tatte and they said, You've gone beyond what we would do. Dude, there's no way I would even draw it from someone instead.
Speaker 2: What was the picture?
Speaker 8: It was her nephew. She had lost four relatives in less than two months in Australia, and the youngest one was fourteen and he was sniffing petrol and passed out and he actually drowned himself in the roasting dish with petrol. And he was only fourteen and he was DREADA wanted his name and data, berth and all that on her. So I did that with a few flowers, butterflies and bird.
Speaker 2: Did you tend to it or did you draw it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 8: I just I spent an hour with her drawing it on her. So it was basically a false sleeve.
Speaker 2: With felt pens or.
Speaker 8: Yeah, with a carbon ten It's what they used for operating on people surgeons. So everything has to be surgically clean. And I've got OCD and I'm probably one of the worst tatoists for clean this because.
Speaker 2: What was it like? Is it like? What was it like touching a cold skin?
Speaker 8: Well, that's the thing. I had to actually get hot here on the end of the carbon pig, because when I started to do it on Theresa, it was that cold that the carbon wasn't coming out of the pin. So I actually had to roll my hands, you know, if I could get some hate into it, has anyone got Steve?
Speaker 2: Steve just hanging there, Okay, don't go anywhere. It's been quite the week, isn't it with out bubbles in the freezer? Anywhey? Hey, Steve, just back with you, right, What did you call your pork dish?
Speaker 8: It's called a hog and a wallow, So it's like a baby think hiding inside a hollow?
Speaker 15: Log.
Speaker 2: Is it called a pig in a hollow?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: I called it a hog in a wallow. So a hog is a pig and a wallow is like a hollowed out tree. Okay, so I am using everything from the pig. So I'm using the portmans, the bacon, the palk sausage, and the belly flat, and then you make up the sauce with the cinnamon, the heats of clothes because close are awesome for your body and apple juice, and you reduce it down. You can have it as thick as you want, because if it's really you use that on the inside. And if it's sort of reduced down so that it's not so thick, you pour that. Keep putting that over the belly flat, over the skin the crackling, right, and that meat will soak all that juice up and it'll be so tender.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 8: That's why you.
Speaker 9: Slow cook it.
Speaker 8: And as I try to tell people, when you're a chef, a grill chief or a sou chief, which is the same thing, you're working on a hot plate a lot of the time. So when you cookn't steak, and that this is how.
Speaker 2: You gusha your talker. What I wanted to know was after you discuss the whole wallow right, Yeah, then you said you couldn't serve that stuff anymore, And there was some sort of conspiracy with the government. What are you referring to.
Speaker 8: Well, the way I look at, the government take all choices way from us by making rules. And I've noticed over my life time how much excite and fun we had growing up, and those things aren't there for people. And then you wonder why the youth get in so much trouble because there's nothing for them to do. Maybe up north it's different, but down south it's not. There's just nothing for anything, you know. So I have to look at things like food that makes you humble. If it's a good meal.
Speaker 2: You hang on, hang on. You said the government's taken away the kids. Where are you in christ Jurge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm in christ Jurch And where I look at it, there's nothing for the youth to do down here, so they can't have a.
Speaker 2: Whole They can't have a whole wallow because you said you can't get that anymore.
Speaker 8: You go to any restaurant, you won't find it. That's why I'm a bit bound out that it's.
Speaker 2: Not about people taking choices away. That's because people don't want to eat. Just people. The cuisines moved on from the Oxford on Cambridge or whatever. It's called and the.
Speaker 8: Whole it was ours. So that we lost that restaurant because of the earthquakes. They never rebuilt it.
Speaker 2: That was in the government though, But yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: That was the insurance companies. But what I'm saying is the government take a lot of real good things that people have grown up with that's had that away.
Speaker 2: What do they take? Are you just seening the podcasts or something?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, I'm talking about like see the city can as an example, the city council used to pay every summer for Jelly Park to have live music and a barbecue. Were a pack on the spot basically and where the hydrous lights are, two tracks would pull up every summer and this is that every weekend event. This is why Jolly Park had way more people at the airpool than say Kim We Too or something like that. So a Jelly Park as account the.
Speaker 2: Council because people equipping the people just quibbling about their rates the whole time, because all the money has got to be paid on the water. That's what it's about. It's not the government count response.
Speaker 8: The government make it so hard for people to do what we grew up with sometimes because those things aren't here no like you could go to Brighton all and weekends of music, live music. So that was cool. But a lot of the stuff that council paid for. But the way I look at it is I grew up with that family and foster gifts. I had to make the most of Warribra Hype offered me, you know, and I got that hard. In the end I couldn't. I had to jump on a freshing boat and go to sea with Norwegians for a while just to get away from everything. So that was a good thing for me.
Speaker 2: You probably should be writing the story of your life now.
Speaker 8: All the way I look at it, I can't afford to go on holidays, say to Norway or something like that. But if I get a job, say shipping, we've got foreigners there. We've got Indonesians, Japanese people here is you know, a Canadians sometimes, so I learn a bit about their culture, right and in a way to me, that's like going on the holiday to their country without having to leave. And even at sea, you've got eight different nationalities on there. And I am a people person because I have to be. For tatting, you have to get on with people, whether you item or not, you know, and it's part of the job. So and it's like you think too, because they're both igh stressful gods, right, And eventually, if you're tatting all the time, every day and doing fine detail, you will go blind. You will get gamed up with tad rats in your eyes because it's so hard as a tendoist to do what you do.
Speaker 2: What what's your normal, Steve, what's your what's your style of tattoo you do besides the eyebrows and cosmetic stuff.
Speaker 8: Well, see, I like neo tribal and I also like realistic portraits, animals, things like that. So I'm pretty good at that. And even at high school, I got I hang on, I got to do it. The cops pulling me over for princes, keep us on for this.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Put the phone on, put the phone on speaker and listen to this.
Speaker 8: It is on speaker. Yeah, to the radio station and they go because he wants to talk to you. One, two, three, four, God, it's awesome, mate, think.
Speaker 2: Of think thank you for the service, thank you for keeping our street safety. What He's alright, normally I'm going to count to ten and then more.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, because I tattowed up myself and they looked at me and I even tantoed my eyelids. I put green eyes on them and yeah I did, mate, sleep Masters.
Speaker 2: So do have you got terries on your eyelid?
Speaker 8: Look me up on Facebook if you don't believe me.
Speaker 2: Do I'm asking you? Have you got terrries on your eyelid?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: I put green eyes on my eyelids.
Speaker 2: That's inspired.
Speaker 8: And I had YouTube filming filming me doing it. And it was a sleep Masters tanto show in Australia and I used two mirrors off this lady that was doing cos minutes right people, and I noticed she wasn't doing much, so I asked her, can I borrow you mirrors? So I take them together and I had to do one eye at a time, cover the other one up and was very awkward.
Speaker 2: Your own eyelids.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I tell you, I wasn't going to let anyone out start them.
Speaker 2: Do I have no idea how you're a vision ary?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 8: I looked at it as I have to tearo real painful parts in my body, so I know what it's like on other people. Because I also did martial arts, I knew alone learns about the whole radius studs. So if you press down on them when you're tattering, it's called pain transfer. They don't feel it where you're tattering, but they might feel it in the tip of their little finger. That's if you study and Nanny and the way I look at why it caused people unnecessary pain. Do your job promptly and get it done as quick as possible.
Speaker 2: We're heading for.
Speaker 8: Steve on up cash were up the hill, so I'm just about pulling railway, which is a royal pain in our arts because it's so steeped and if you don't get it, you will go the side and on the street.
Speaker 2: Well, I gotta go, Steve. It's been a pleasure talking to you. You got a lot going on there. Ah wow.
Speaker 8: Yet you can't jump on there and do it all at once.
Speaker 2: By brilliant Steve. You take care. What's your favorite part of Steve the hog and wallow tattooing his dead friend, The tattoos on the eyelids or the orange juice on the carrots. I don't even the kid would try the carrots, because the kids don't like carrots even looking at them. I was going to make the carrots look like oranges. That would be something anyway, Jeep, it's all about slow cookers. But what a pivot, gee, Steve's interesting. We are talking crop pots. I have two pieces of pickled pork and my slow cooking to cook up tomorrow. I use it regularly, though I hope I now have a new pressure cooker that does both. We should do the hog and wallow. Marcus. We are in our lounge, ready for Marcus, the voice of reason. We had a crop pot and Dared used to work a kumata into the brick. Was a ripper of a ragou. Marcus, it's not the whole chalk. It would be pieces in the slow cooker, really, he said, breast up. I think it's the whole. It's the whole chalk, Marcus. Our friends to a frozen chicken and the slow cooker too, and we couldn't believe they didn't get food poisoning. Marcus the Asian carrier. I believe the gentleman used was bulgogi sauce. Steve is fascinating. Keep him talking, well, there's no worry about that. Keep himself talking. I cut the meat off chicken legs to roast orker barb, then make bone broth by sipping the bones and the slow cooker for twenty four hours, just out of curiosities. Anyone cooked a mutton bird and a slow cooker and didn't tasty different to boiling it in a pot on the stove. How can we find them on the social Steve what he's into? Neo tribalism and realism. She had a tattoo of the and wallow. There's a lot of pork. It was like pork wrapped in pork wrapped in pork. Wasn't it was a pork sausage reaped and pork beet with cloves. It's big on clothes, and then a pork side was pork wrapped in pork wrapped in pork. Jay and the Fun Police Blues thirty three forced nineteen ten to go must win for the Blues. They got to win them all. Who was there? Curtly Beal, Yeah, Curtly Beal. It never sounds like someone's name, Curtly Bill. It sounded what does it sound like? It sounds like a grade of gravel or something half a ton of the Curly Beal. Every time I see that noise, I get a surprise. The old Curtly beal. So we're talking slow cookers. Would you cook a frozen chicken? I would after listening to people being so positive? Would you cook? I'll google?
Speaker 16: That?
Speaker 11: Was it?
Speaker 17: All?
Speaker 2: The hog and the hole in the hog in the wallet, hog and wallat, hog in the wallow. Nope, hog in the wall recipe Crenella twelve six over paramount of midget round. It's all about sly cookers tonight and something O. How many planes you turred planes living and taking off from went into their port every day? That's more than I thought. I thought there would have been about thirty. Never seems that busy. I get in touch Marcus till twelve. There's something quite sinister. I think about teting your eyebrows like it's like I'll always be watching. Someone has texted Steve could tattoo bubbles? That would the week off?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 2: What spinner, Craig gets Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 10: How's it going this evening?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Craig.
Speaker 10: I just caughted us as hopping out the shower from work. I thought it just put a quick phone. My boss's wife cooks chicken and the slow cook She takes a straight of the freeze and puts it in there and cooks all day, and actually I've seen to survive without food poisoning. But then what she does is she shreds all the meal off the chicken for the meal, and then puts the bones back in the slow cooker with some water and hang into the few heabs or whatever, and then stecks it on for another day or so to make a bone broth or something out of that or around.
Speaker 11: No, no, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So what do we stuff chickens?
Speaker 10: Is it to maybe give extra moisture to it or something? Maybe I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about that because sometimes i've put a chicken. I've never known what what doubt is. Yeah, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Dad used to, my grandparents used to it, but I've never really I've always won myself. But also, you know why you stuff up for? What was the reason behind it? I guess I don't know. Maybe I was to try and make the meals go further when people didn't have a lot of food. Suppose I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why stuff Why is stuff for chicken? I don't know if it's going to be expanded in there otherwise it doesn't cook us flavor some lee.
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I put some Fijas up the cavity and networked quite well.
Speaker 12: Hm hmm.
Speaker 10: Yeah. But you've just to find out what they's or the origin of stuffing chickens, where it came from, and be quite interesting to find out.
Speaker 2: Actually to a point, what do you are you just taking from work? Are you good that your boss is cooking your dinner the boss's.
Speaker 10: Wife, Ah, yeah, he's doing it. We're working late tonight and working on patrol the police patrol car so they can made me donner. So it's quite good tonight.
Speaker 2: Did tonight actually have the chicken and the slow cooker? Yeah, and we're just talking about it tonight. What are the chances?
Speaker 10: I know, it's pretty aerie.
Speaker 2: Really Did you take the police car for a drive? Probably should have?
Speaker 13: No, No, no, they.
Speaker 10: When they run up so many CA's on them, they come in the lease and before they go to turners, you get paid to strip all the lights and all the all the warring out of it so you can go to turners and get sold.
Speaker 2: So wow.
Speaker 10: Some of the cars are among other job to work on, but.
Speaker 2: You don't take it. You don't take them for a spin as a police car. You probably could.
Speaker 10: You could you do that, We could, but I just don't want to just create so many red flags.
Speaker 2: Pull over some teenagers, tell them off, it's not.
Speaker 10: Worth it that lose all my security clearances and just the mess amount of paperwork. So yeah, you think about it, but it's like, no, it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: What do you do with a how's the light lights held? Ones?
Speaker 17: It?
Speaker 2: Does it? Does it look more? Does it look like an X cop car? Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we have a hole in the roof for the light car and holes on the roof for the aerials.
Speaker 2: Do your bomb goes up for anything?
Speaker 10: No, we just put tape on them and then it go to the groom as the turners, and they basically take all the details of society and ficks it up and it's up to them what they do with it with after that. So we just basically remove everything so it can't be used as a police Carr.
Speaker 2: Again reads and mates up. The roads that had an ex police car always looked like an ex police cow and those black and white ones. Okay, yeah, anyway, Craig, I go to run it. Nice to hear from you. Eight to nine, Cindy's on the money. Eyelids are thin. When he closes his eyes, can he see the tats? Just down? Lambshanks and lensils in the crop pot. I will smell garlic all night. Stuffing a chalk adds moisture and flavor. I am at the Eddington Races and becked a horse called light Me Up. It came third and paid four dollars. Must be named after your show, Jackie, Well there was a dog named after light Me Up. There's a dog that did I right. I just tuned in. Why did Steve tATu his dead friend? Because she had had three She had four young relatives died tragically, and I think she'd remembered them on her body, and one of them had died stiffing petrol in an oven tray. I think is what he said, and it was her wish to remember him. But I mean these, I mean this could be all the garciness of foster homes by the sounds of things, doesn't It would have been awkward if he had failed the breath test. Well, I think no, I don't think that would have been awkward. I think the breath test enabled us to find out that they had tattoos on his eyelids. That's kind of what I'm thinking. How do you cook squid or octopus? Bake, boil or sushi? I think squid you cook on the barber, on the hot plate, or especially as a locopusses. They're always always good fun. Of course I got that wrong. You buy your shoes at the evening because your shoes are bigger, that's right, and then because you want them as the biggest your feet are. I guess that's the way it goes. Otherwise you need to buy a bigger pair of bigger socks or thicker socks. Anyhow, eight past nine, How are you going? What's happening? Where are you? How are you? I'm liking people ringing from their jobs as well tonight, Always good to get that window to the world. We've already been one through one breath test tonight, talking about the hole in the wallow cloves, apple cinnamon and apple sauce wrapped around the sausage. Then put in a pork flat. Would you call it a flank for you? What the name of the terminology for that fatty side of porkers? But get in touch people. We're talking about slow cookers and how many flights are out of New Zealand Airport's quite surprising two hundred a day at Wellington. I am surprised to hear that today, Oh, duck shooting tomorrow. Forgotten all about that very earliest year. Isn't it the third of me? I guess anywhere between the first and the seventh, So just on the early side, that's tomorrow. I haven't been to hunting and fishing for a while. It's always crazy busy before duck shooting. It's one thing South is stead of very passionate about. I think the bag limit's gone up to there are a lot of ducks, a lot of ducks. I don't know what the great debate about duck shooting is these days. I think everyone's become accustomed to not using lead shot. For a while, there was a bit of a technology wall with robo ducks and the like. I don't know what it's like anymore. Can you use drones of people using drones? Can you use drone ducks of the Have you remark duck's got to be on the water or can you fly a drone duck to lead them in? You'll have something to say about that also tonight too, I forgot about duck shooting my mother in law X. My ex mother in law used to put I like this text because almost means that he's left his wife because what the mother in law was doing. My ex mother in law used to put porridge in the hot pot before she went to bed. Everyone started the day at different time, from four to seven. Saved a lot of time, Marcus. Instead of using my duck caller, I now use a Bluetooth speaker with real duck calls off. Spotify works a treat. Hadn't thought of that. I was on Rocky Er, a Stuart Island a couple of years ago, doing one of the three day tramps, and I'm a firm believer that anytime anyone comes in and says do you want to go Kiwi spotting, I'm a firm no because it never works. But there was a local warden from the huts that came in to take everyone duck Kiwi spotting, and ironically in Stuart, I you don't need to do ki spotting at night because they're normally out in the day. But anyway, she discouraged people from playing back the sounds of kiwi's because it would freak the kiwis out to think that their area had been invaded by other duck other kiwis and they would leave. So it's one of the no nos for Kiwi spotting as playing kiwi, which I thought was fair enough. You're set to put the telephone over your cell phone to do the light because it didn't freak them out and they've gone forbout two hours and they came out into the kiwis. So least surprising news ever. Oh by the way, too of you. In Australia, the election is tomorrow. Everyone seems to have despise that Peter Dutton, But I think what will happen with the election tomorrow is the result will come through quite quickly because just like in New Zealand, I think there's a large number of people go and vote early. And remember in Australia voting is compulsory, so probably people want to get over it out of the way. And also in Australia termul here quite a lot as democracy sausage. Now I don't fully know what that is, but I think it's because a lot of voting booths are at schools and there's always fundraisers at the schools and that's always a democracy sausage and it's a great thing and we ought to do it as well. Democracy Sausages are sausages wrapped in a slice of bread, brought from a sausages offer as a raiser at Australian polling places on election day, often an aid of the institutions that house the polling place. In twenty sixteen, nineteen hundred and ninety two polling booths had a sausage stand. It's become well recognized in Australian culture. Yep, we want to get into that. That's a good thing. Variations on the standard sausage and bread are also available. Some election day stalls vote It's also have a vegan and vegetari or glut relternative, as well as cakes and drinks. Yes, some cake stalls sell themes sweet which are based or named on a polishan's name, such as an Albi cheesy cake and Malcolm turnover. Yes, and some of the others don't really understand. Good evening, Sam, it's Marcus.
Speaker 12: Welcome or given mar you tonight at the moment, Sam, mate you mentioned in duck shooting it brings back all sorts of memories. I am not a duck shooter. But I am one of those typical key week country kids that you used to follow your old man around everywhere. And one of the joys of that was learning how to duck shoot. And the characters like you would know obviously killing from downs South and they're awesome people.
Speaker 10: But we used to do it.
Speaker 12: I was doing it from about six till you know, eighteen nineteen, even early twenties, and then unfortunately my old man passed away and we sort of lost a bit of that tradition and that bit of you know, love for it.
Speaker 5: But I sort of.
Speaker 12: Thought, okay, it's been a few years since the old man had passed away, and I thought, okay, it's time for me to go out duck shooting. And sure enough, as old mates were still around, they talked to me, and there's so many traditions that I forgot because I was still hung up. Okay, I'm going back to the same pond and remembrance of the dad. But the key thing that you've got to remember with all duck shooters is that they love a good a good feet. So you cannot start the day with, you know, like a cucumber sandwich or a tomato sandwich. You've got to put on a massive cats roll or even something from a good slow cook meal, you name it. The things that my dad used to he would take away, you know, a big fur in this thing, you know that you normally put your tea or your coffee in, but he'd haveb stew in the air, and oh mate, it's almost banquet meal. So when I got the call, and as you do, all duck shooters will know this. The old school ones used to do a bit of drinking beforehand and then hit the ponds. But anyway, the new age ones, we don't have enough time anymore, so you've just got to get up early and hit the pond. I did that, caught up with the dad's friends, Thank you? How are The first thing they were looking for was the food and I didn't have it. And the looks I got back, I can promise you this. I was never invited back. They were all great people. Yeah, you never never turn up.
Speaker 2: The classic was a bacon and egg pie.
Speaker 12: Oh look that's that's that's gold. And I think, look, I would almost class that as that's the kind of food that you have when you come in after the morning shoot. But some regular duck hunters were able to tell you about man that breakfast or these boys and girls. They don't go out there starving, I can promise you that. And there's probably nothing better when it's cold raining, because that's when the ducks love it, you know, when everyone gets excited and you know they've fed out ponds and things, and all the traditions start to peel away. So you may have in some regions there could be I don't know, Scotch bloody eggs.
Speaker 16: Well, I know, but.
Speaker 2: Scotch, I don't say Scotch. Do exact catnap to us? Hey, where was that? Just so we're gonna love Scotch, just so we do know that. Just where were you shooting? Where's the pond? Where was the farm?
Speaker 12: This is up in white Kerry, the North Canbury. Yep, okay, so lovely sort of valleys you can imagine it, you know, to a sort of Canbury thing. The ducks can come in in the Northwest normally and just beautiful, mate, like awesome time to reflect. But as funny as that seems, and then all of a sudden when the light comes up, it's just gunshot after gunshot. But I think it's one of those sort of pass ons as a country kid like you either love it even if you don't enjoy it, you're going to go through it.
Speaker 10: And you, I.
Speaker 12: Don't know, you laugh your you know. I was never a really good shop marker, so I think that's what pistecure. The old man's friends off as well, so they start judging you on that every so often.
Speaker 10: Too so.
Speaker 11: Good today.
Speaker 2: Did he have firearms in as well? Did you inherit them?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yes, and that's a that's a different story too. You know, around about the time and gun started to change and things. But you know, and also back then, a lot of farmers just used to keep guns just in water.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 12: There was no gun cabinets, and EMO was in the garage somewhere in the back of the years. So that was the era, you know. But everyone was safe with the weapon. As quickly as I say that, they were probably hungover, probably shouldn't be anywhere near a pond or anything. But there was never any sort of I don't know, everyone was pulling their heads and kind of thing, and everyone just wanted to It was almost you're doing all this stuff in silence because you know you've got to wait. You're listening for the ducks to come in and take off and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So to sum it up, Sam, you went back to to rediscover your joys of your childhood and you weren't welcome and you went into it. Is that right?
Speaker 11: It was?
Speaker 12: But I took it to my strike because it was completely on me. I really should have, you know, you know, really prepared, but I was sort of running, you know, from trying to get out there first thing in the morning. I was excited. But yeah, you do not forget the food, and you know, I promise you it's I haven't been invited back to since.
Speaker 2: So nice to hear from me, Sam taking tally nine Marc is stuffing is delicious. You can buy peckets of dry stuffing and the soup bake just chicken, the stick at the chicken bake. Oh no, look, I'm fully aware of how to do stuffing. I'm just wondering what why it's a thing. It seems to be a meal extender, probably when chicken was more luxury, before it became the food everyone eats day and night. Stuffing, Yeah, and also duck shooting, slow cookers and duck Could you do a duck and a slow cooker? I suppose you could free country do what you want. Steve Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 14: Are you an a recipe for a world?
Speaker 7: Aack?
Speaker 2: No, I just wonder if people do it in the crocket, in the slow cocker.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've got a slow cooker. I've also got a Dutch oven been cast on.
Speaker 2: I love a Dutch oven well.
Speaker 17: And what I do.
Speaker 14: Is a bone out skin and bone out the duck and fillip full of make a staffing. I do as bread crumbs in mushrooms, slice them up into little pieces and fill it as full as you can with mushrooms, and really stuff stuff it in there and then sew it up. We got the the old string, score the top with a very sharp knife, just cut of skin and put a bit of Oh, he can do it. And then I just put it in the datch oven or slow cooker.
Speaker 13: Six cups of.
Speaker 18: Stock.
Speaker 14: I get a oxo cube and a either chicken stock or vegetable stock. Just turn it on and leave it on for four five six hours. It'll melt in the mouth. It'll chase you out of the house.
Speaker 5: Of the smell.
Speaker 2: Are you heading out tomorrow morning, Steve?
Speaker 14: No, no, no, But I've got a friend that occasionally drops the odd one off.
Speaker 2: But you're a duck shooter from way back, are you not?
Speaker 13: Really?
Speaker 14: No, I'm more in the turkeys.
Speaker 2: Of course you are.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're easier to shoot, they're on the ground.
Speaker 2: And it's not a season for turkeys, are there?
Speaker 14: No, there's no season here? Are you all year round?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's the stranger what's the strangest thing you've eaten? Steve?
Speaker 14: Well, the recent one now I'm getting has a little bit of Wallaby.
Speaker 2: And for a mantle and in the Dutch oven.
Speaker 14: Yes, of course, same thing, very long, slow cook. If you're doing it too quickly, they're rubb would you you would?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't stuff at Wallaby? Would you stop.
Speaker 14: To put one in? There's a lot of meaning animals. Yeah, No, you'd have to find someone with a commercial albums for that. If you're going to do a whole one.
Speaker 2: You could do it on the old right. You could do it out on a spit.
Speaker 17: I suppose you could.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you flew up with veggies and based it with you know, make a nice basting and how how I haven't been to I haven't been to a barbecue with a spit for a long time. You don't see many of them around.
Speaker 2: How far up the men to allow the wallabies at the stage. It's more than kise, is it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, right on the top of the coime Wise, I've seen I've seen a run across the road in front of me when I've going over. Yeah, they can be too far.
Speaker 2: Did you swove for it?
Speaker 19: Well, it was well.
Speaker 14: Ahead of me.
Speaker 2: Do you speed up?
Speaker 14: No, there was, there was another car in front of me. I'm not going to do that. I hope he might have hit it winged, But no, I got a friend over and tear on of it, gets the odd one, and I always get a piece of him. Take it over, get it smoked.
Speaker 2: Have you ever eaten eaten road killed?
Speaker 14: No, not not wallaby, but any.
Speaker 2: Other roadkill of it. He killed it in the car like a rabbit or a possible and then eating it.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, I'll go out and get But I've got a friend on the harricue planes list me. Yeah, take his rabbits when he's got a heave with them. But yeah, no, uh yeah, I just yeah. I do forage and I get mushrooms, and I know what what's a good one and what's not a good one. And I've found an area where we've got mushrooms that taste like oysters when they cooked. Goodness, it's different. I think they call them always the mushroom.
Speaker 2: What what do they look like?
Speaker 14: Well, there's like a button mushroom, small like the ordinary porter bell, a little Wii one, but they've got a brown top to them. But when you turn them over you can see you've got that that they've got their mushroom. Look underneath it, and they smell like a mushroom. The poisonous ones don't smell like mushrooms. They smell oh horrible.
Speaker 2: Not to hear from Steve. Thanks so much for that. Wow, I've got about dutchotting sets tomorrow too, for those that know. And for those that don't into that, well yeah that's fine too. So anyway, get in touch if you want to hittle. Twelve Marcus trying to get my five year old to sleep after a post school nap in the car O Napping's fatal. Please keep the subject boring in tone, monotone, go to sleep, five year old, Johnny Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I really enjoyed the talking to duck Shedding. So I've been duck sheting as a very young pillon on a velvet farm over in Queenstown with the Bollman brothers from Southland, and there's Noel and Eryl and yeah, these guys used to spend a lot of time up on a hillside with one of those manual playbirds, firing devices and practicing, and they had things like their daddy's shotgun, you know, and you'd see sort of like the engraving gun side and these beautiful stocks made from things like black Warner and so on. So my memories were going out and so having a bit of hot soup and so on, and being very very cold, and then getting a few ducks in the morning, going back and giving them to one mum and the other ladies and would come back, go out for a few more and they cooked this dish called duck larrange, which is pretty famous dish which involves contra, which is a liqueur. Yeah, so that that was the duck shooting thing. I was really blown away. You just said before the last caller about the road kill. My partner's dad, he step dad. He yeah, he's got some of the interesting roadkill stories. So he takes in roadkill and animals that die. He's a former butcher and he's got a few pelts and stuff stretched around the place, and he's got hats that are made from roadkill and he eats them too.
Speaker 2: And does he eat them when he sees it get hit or any because I guess it's it's easy mind. It's not going to stay on the road for long, is it.
Speaker 13: No? And yeah, so so oh Ralph if you think, yeah, we were talking about it the other night they said that you've got to check the possums for TV check lungs, which is the same if you're going to feed them dog food and down there they run into the old gohasts and stuff every now and again at night. But yeah, there've been a few characters that have eaten roadkill over the years. And one of them was the former radio guy Colin Broadley when he was living up on Coramandel. Him and I had a peasant that he'd knocked down in his old Volkswagen golf.
Speaker 16: Was Colin?
Speaker 2: Who was he?
Speaker 13: Where was the radio? How he used to write copy for them?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah Broader? Oh yeah, yeah, okay, fair And maybe you was on the mendor was he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Sure was. Yeah. Just some really interesting characters around from different places have impressed me with their ability to pick up something that's been knocked out and upcycle it.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're not going ducksooting tomorrow, though, are you.
Speaker 13: No? No, no, old f far too busy And I'm just having some toast and honey and going to toll off the bead and listen the radio and going to sleep.
Speaker 2: Good to hear from you, Johnny, Thank you for that twenty four away for hold your horse is Donna with youre seying twenty four away from ten? Twenty to eighteen are over ParaMed. It's a close game. I think Crenela were down to ten. But the must person must come back on evening Donna the evening Monicas.
Speaker 6: God, first time caller.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, gone tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 20: This is a different subject. It is all right. I've found out from an old truth book how to make because the butter is going up in price, how to make a half a pound of butter into a whole pound? Yes, yeah, yeah. What you do is you get a half a pint half a pint of milk, half pound of butter, and so half a teaspoon of gelatine in one tablespoon of milk. Then place the bowl in a hot hot water until the gelatine is dissolved. Now put the butter in a basin and place the hot water until it softens. Then add the dissolved gelatine and half a tea spoon of salt and milk gradually and beat it together, continuing until the milk is taken up, and place it aside in the harden. Yeah, so you'll get a whole pound at a half a pound.
Speaker 2: What tastes like butter? What tastes like half butter?
Speaker 20: Oh no, it just tastes like butter.
Speaker 18: You wouldn't even tell the difference if you tried it.
Speaker 20: Yes, I have. The only thing you can't do with it is you can't fry with it, but you can bake with.
Speaker 2: It, So cooking it's cooking. It works.
Speaker 20: Ah yeah yeah, if you bake with it, like make cakes and things, you can use it for baking, but you can't fry.
Speaker 7: That's anything.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How long does it take? How long does it take to make?
Speaker 20: I'd probably be about, oh, about twenty minutes. Okay, it's all yeah. Yeah, so I've tried a whole pound of butter and made a hot two pounds out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's going to twelve dollars, Is that right?
Speaker 20: Yeah? Yeah, a pound of butter's going about twelve dollars.
Speaker 2: Crazy, and there seems to be don't if it. Fontier don't even seem to care. They just seem to be quite happy to do it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's greedy. Yeah, and the Superman, Yes, they'll.
Speaker 2: Be making it happen. They'll be making six bucks profit. You're donna thank you for that. There we go, twenty one away from ten. I keep hearing and seeing the word etery, and I hate it. Was not seen and its until this century. It's an abomination. Etery. It's a weird word. Marcus, hope you're keeping warm. Two things, One we have goose for Christmas dinner every year, and number two, I have my eyebrows tattooed on someone's asking about eyebrow tattoo. Does the tattoo shop take off the wonky eyebrows before tattooing new ones? Or do you need to go in all barbered and smooth browed? So could someone tell me if you want to get your tato I'd not getting your your eyebrows tattooed quite common. Do you have to get your tattoos. Your eyebrows plucked before you go in for a tattoo, Would I pluck them? There any tattooists know about that with eyebrows, So yeah, I think it's quite a bit of demand for that these days, is there, Neil, it's Marcus.
Speaker 5: Welcome, a good evening, Marcus. It's nice to speak to you. Marcus. I'm an old man and I've got a wee bit of dementia, but I'm all right. But despite me a daft question, Marcus, But I've been thinking about it now. There are billions of people in the world, billions of animals, and we're all reading oxygen. Where does it all come from? Marcus? Is the game question?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a very easy question to answer.
Speaker 5: One they've gone.
Speaker 2: Have you got Google?
Speaker 5: No, I don't do anything like that.
Speaker 2: Have you got a computer?
Speaker 5: No, sir. I'm eighty one and I've got a bit of dementia, you know, But I do enjoy your program ever so much.
Speaker 3: Mhm.
Speaker 2: Even one of white people go on about plants.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The whole point of plants is they convert carbon oxide to oxygen.
Speaker 5: Right, is that that's what plants do? Put in the Amazon down the lungs of the Earth. I understand market. Sorry, it was a bit of a dim question.
Speaker 2: No, it's important. It's important, you know that, I think. But yeah, that's the situation. That's what all plants do, convert carbon dioxide into oxygen. That's my minderstanding anyway. But thank you for that. There we go. I've got my eyebrows tattooed. I didn't have to have them plucked or shaved. That's the point. You get them done because they're sparse. No, they've fallen in. They see what shape you've got and they work with that. So it's almost like eyebrow augmentation. They put a few lines to look like extray hairs in there to juge them out. Which famous people had tattooed eyebrows. There's some famous cases of them. By the way. What they say is it's micro blading is the main thing for your eyebrows. It's a similar ink to tattoo, and it's not permanent. Microblading can last anything from one to three years, depending on your skin type, and one year you'll notice some fading, but your microplating won't be totally gone. So you get touched up about every eighteen months. Can be somewhat painful, but the level of pain you may feel depend on your natural pain tolerance. Your brow artists will slather on a numbing gill before they begin, and may also add extraly have jill between each pass. There you go. Micro blading. Never heard of it, but now I know what. Now I'm an expert. Somewhat eight to ten. My name is Marcus. Welcome Marcus. I got my eyebrows completely shaven off and then tattooed on. Hello, and it's Marcus.
Speaker 15: Good evening, Hello, Marcus.
Speaker 21: I thought i'd just ring up. I'm not young, and my eyebrows has dropped, and so I don't recommend that.
Speaker 15: What happens to eyebrows, that's just instead of being sort of big, ark on them, they're sort of drop flat and I look quite aggressive.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so the arch of them straightens out.
Speaker 21: Yeah, so I'm look, I've got there are here.
Speaker 2: Well that's what explained.
Speaker 21: Yes, yes, they've dropped. They work like I'm really nice rounded and they've dropped, and they're heavy and look very masculine in towards my nose, and then there's hardly any of them towards the outside of my eyes.
Speaker 14: I'm not that old.
Speaker 2: So your eyebrows saeg over time, I guess, don't they.
Speaker 21: Well, well, they're looking like they're going to vanish.
Speaker 2: Yes, have you done? Have you thought of getting them microbraid or tattooed or anything.
Speaker 21: I don't want to fiddle around with my face.
Speaker 2: I mean, you sound like you've got it all going on. So you atitude towards it?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 21: Yes, I mean I don't look too bad for my age. So I just I thought i'd warned somebody else because they might not take it quite the same way that I've done.
Speaker 2: What year were you born?
Speaker 21: I'm not going to turn.
Speaker 2: What decade were you born? I'm not going to tell you what century were you born? I know, I think it's fair to say you're born in the twentieth century.
Speaker 21: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough. Nice to hear from your Anne. Brilliant, Thank you, Bye bye. People Send him his text and say, cough if you've read it, cough once. If you've read it, he's a text. Decide to get my eyebrows micro bladed for the first time. Yesterday, I thought that this was quite a reputable brow place, so I made an appointment a week ago today. I showed up for the appointment, but I still had to wait for six whole hours. I got there at one pm and got it done at seven pm until it was time for me to get micro bladed. Unrelated, but a customers toddler was also running and screaming the whole time. Long story short, it was a lot. After the procedure, I looked at my eyebrows and my heart broke. They look like they're too close together and the eyebrows are much, definitely much thicker than I'd like. The procedure was also very painful and uncomfortable, despite having the numbing cream on my eyebrows for more than four hours or so, which I don't think is appropriate good for you. As soon as I walk out of the clinic, I called my partner, I'll crying hysterically because I was just so distraught and overwhelmed. Is this ever going to get any better?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer to that, but oh yeah, Never miss with your eyebrows, Never mess with your eyebrows. Ten. I waitd eight past ten, first long full week for a while, and how you're coping with that? Feels like it's been a long week this end, So that's interesting anyway, get in touch Marcus till twelve slow cookers. It slow cooker time, isn't it. I just one of Kiwis have lost their love for the slow cooker. We don't hear about it so much these days, and some discuss whether you could check a frozen chuck and a slow cooker. Seems you can eight hours that'll sort out anything, it seems, so that might be something you want to mention. Also duck shooting tomorrow and what the weather's going to be like. I know people like it ret wet and cloudy. I think with a weather I have had in the last couple of weeks, that's probably what's going to be everywhere tomorrow. So that's happening also tonight. You might be some interesting heading for that too. Also eyebrows and the tattooing of eyebrows. I think I'm getting a couple of texts that said people have had chemotherapy and the eyebrows haven't grown back, and they've had quite success with the tattooing. That's good. Got my eyebrows tattooed as they never grew back after chemo. They look great. Elizabeth, Thank you Elizabeth Marcus must be a good chat tonight. Even my wife Julia is listening to you while having a bath. She doesn't listen to me. Lull there we go. Anything else, you've got to be here for it. I've got a slow cooker through my flybys, just don't have any decent recipes. I don't know what we can do about that. I'd buy a slow cooker recipe book, Allison Holst. It's a good one. Oh yes, that's what I thought. The person that does the lamb and the slow cooker does the vegis in the air fryer. I don't think your vegis to get crispy and the slow cooker, but geez, do them both perfect. I suppose you do the vegis and the slow cooker and you're being them in the end. I've never had an air fryer, but that would do it, wouldn't it? Every time? Ten thirteen? Oh some of the other stuff I can mention that's happening in the world today. Russell Brand has appeared in court. I'm not quite sure if they're going to charge him and detain him. That's probably a possibility. Four thirty serious charges this year in twenty eleven Osama Bin Lad and killed by US commando UM this year. In nineteen sixty four, New Zealand's last electric tram trip was in Wellington sixty four. I think Auckland, if memory serves, we right stop their trams in fifty nine. Don't quite know when Dunedin stopped these. It's interesting, isn't it. Nineteen sixty four. Last electric tram trip in Wellington sixteen eleven. The Kings James version of the Bible was first published Blues versus the Force Blues. The Blues have one that sharks versus the Els. Sharks have one that roosters dolphins. That's on currently. And that's all I've got for you, Marcus. I always do a leg of lamon of pork roast in my slow cooker. Now always falls off the bone. Would never do it in the oven again. Same with roast. Veggie's great, very crispy. Do they get crispy in the slow cooker? Surely not? Big story. In Austin, will In Texas, a truck crashed carrying eight million freshly minted dimes. Wow cleanup cruise attempt to suck up the coins worth eight hundred thousand dollars using vacuums. Was an eighteen meeter truck that tipped over. The origin of the crash discharged in Tuesday Morning's rollover is not knowing the origin of the CATWI was curious why the accent happened that guys, you're never going to get good roast veggies in an air fryer. Well, pretty provocative things, straightforward, saying an idiot. You know, to think about people, they're so so extreme in their opinions, who would be calling someone an idiot because they just cooked the vechies a different way than you do.
Speaker 16: So much.
Speaker 2: Emotion behind everything these days. Neil says gangs could add butter to the black market whereill they get it they start making their own. Hi, Jim Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 11: Gooday you were saying butter is at twelve dollars. You know, I was in Masters and Today and Pack and say seven dollars forty nine. I think it was for rolling butter, and Pam's butter was close to eight dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, that expensive and there would be more than there'd be a lot more than it.
Speaker 11: Was, right, Oh more than have been, yes, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Up three dollars since January.
Speaker 11: Yeah, three dollars. Your your your price up to twelve dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but the one you're quoting, the inferior quality one, would have gone up a lot too. That's the point we're making.
Speaker 11: What do you mean the inferior butter? Butter is butter?
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go, chill out, Jim.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well you know it is butter, that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's different qualities of different grades of butter.
Speaker 11: Well the first time I know it's butter is butter?
Speaker 2: Just well can't you can't really say that? And this is some sort of well are you a butter expert?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm a dairy farmers. I know it butter it's made out of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's all sorts of different play well anyway, Yeah, I mean I think that the discussion is about the increase, and that's suppose partly do with your payout too, is it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like enough, said Jim Cheerio eighteen past ten. Barnaby Marcus welcome, Yeah, yeah, it's me.
Speaker 4: What's it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 22: I was wondering if you've been watching any NBA playoffs, isn't.
Speaker 2: They look I haven't that. I saw a bit of the last Golden State Warriors match. That might felt like I was in the middle of the week.
Speaker 5: Okay, how are they going?
Speaker 22: Yeah, it's good's real good. Yeah, I've been loving the NBA. It's I feel like these Zelanders haven't really been watching it as much anymore. But I don't know, Maybe I'm wrong, but I love it. The New York next on reversal Celtics in the second round and starting on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: I think probably that a bit started a huge time for you, didn'tcause it's in the middle of the afternoon, isn't it.
Speaker 22: Yeah, usually it can range from early morning to yeah, lunchtime.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I haven't really been able to.
Speaker 22: Watch too much of it because I've been working during the day, but yeah, I was watching afterwards.
Speaker 9: Good fun.
Speaker 2: I think probably the NBA is as a huge influence in New Zealand now. I think it's probably been bigger than it's ever been when I mean, you see it and the people wearing the shirts and stuff too, don't you.
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 22: True, Yeah, I've got a few NBA jerseys. Do you have any?
Speaker 2: No, I don't West. I don't tend to wear I've never understood why people wear sporting goods.
Speaker 22: Well, not even like blue jerseys or WHI No.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense to me. I can't work out why you would because you're not an athlete. They're designed for athletes. Why would you wear one? I know in England the Premiership jerseys, everyone every season buys all of them. But it's just something I've never understood. It's always looked but try hard to mee. No, it's not but which which yeah, no, I've never worked at because I can't imagine they're particularly comfortable clothes to wear either. Are they.
Speaker 22: In the gym? And I just playing recreational squad? But yeah, yeah, okay, it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of a recent thing. I've just never been into it. But thank you evening, Kevin Marcus. Welcome?
Speaker 9: Is that me Marcus?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hi, Kevin, ye're high welcome.
Speaker 9: Thank you behind the retired Darry Thomas. So I'm still listening to you. I couldn't believe the chat before. We should have been way in bed well before. Now now listen, just the heads up, Butter is butter. Butter's made from cream and there's no add whatever. Butter is butter. That gentleman was correct, and unfortunately, me being retired, I had a thirty one season stint at it and I never saw a ten dollar kilo plus payout. And of course that's what's happening at the present time. And the price that the dairy farmers get for a kilo of milk solids is governed by the monkly world option of milk powder. And back in my day milk padder was selling for just on two k a tone and our payout was a round five to seven dollars. Well, obviously now it's up to I think I scanned it somewhere around four k a tongue American. Of course we're talking, and hence our hard working dairy farming people are slowly getting back some money. But unfortunately with the cooperative like a written we're all well. Back in my day would love to be able to scout the price to our housewives and mothers that are feeding their children. Are you buying look and yoga and stuff in the supermarket, But unfortunately it's governed by a world price, which is quite sad.
Speaker 2: So the whole system, the whole system might be broken because it's not really working for us.
Speaker 9: Is it definitely wouldn't say the system is broken.
Speaker 2: Well when when?
Speaker 20: When?
Speaker 2: But it becomes an affordable and I have callers ringing out talking about way to extend it, then the whole economy it's just not working. Oh well, I mean it's working for the farmer, for the farmers with the land and think. But when you look at the monopoly of fonterra, I don't know if there was some individual way that there was some company that just decided to produce butter for the local market or something.
Speaker 9: Well, when you're a volunteer supplier, you contract.
Speaker 2: I know that. But that's why the parents.
Speaker 9: With anybody else. So unfortunately that's just the way the systems set. I don't wouldn't for one second. So it's broken.
Speaker 2: Well, if people can't afford if people can't afford butter and milk, and people have given up on baking and stuff like that, then to me that looks like it's a system that's not really working that.
Speaker 9: Well, oh look it's a tragedy. Yeah. You know, milk is nature's food and we can produce showloads of.
Speaker 2: It, and we'duced enormous amounts of just stripped down to milk powder, some low value, low value commodity that's send all around the world. When they talk, they talk when fonterrast Are, they talk about making yogurts and all sorts of things, all sorts of value added stuff. And now they're just focusing on making a cheap, easy to transport, non perishub material send that all around. I mean, it doesn't it doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 9: All maches' is very hard obviously to transport liquid milk. And you're talking look tankers, not oil tankers.
Speaker 2: But you see other countries like the French, with their camon beer and things like that, making high value products. They export around the world and do very well with it. And and I'm sure the French members of the public aren't paying a fortune for their butter or their milk because there's spare for them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you can't compare apples with oranges.
Speaker 4: Why not.
Speaker 9: Eclonies?
Speaker 2: Because only because the French have developed and produced high value products over years.
Speaker 9: Well, yes, I've made some beautiful champagne. Yeah, but in our country, Oh, we're under the by so many different factors. It's scary. But anyway, I'm raving.
Speaker 2: Now, but you know, I'm yeah, Look, I mean I think It's a complicated situation to answer. But you know, you say it's working. Well, it's working for the farmers, but it's not working for the public. It's going to buy a milk and butter. It's a fortune, it seems to be. We're in a country where we've got huge numbers of dairy farms and there are consequences for those with water quality and the likes and you know, so there's an environmental cost for all those dairy farms. Yet people are not buying butter because they can't afford it. So something about that seems to be not working. I don't know what the solution is, Yeah, but it doesn't seem to be a brilliant way to run an economy to me. But anyway, and we're talking slow cookers and butter of all things, to twelve dollars or thirteen dollars, I think it'll go to up three dollars. In January, just woken up and feeling better after two days in bed, not flat with nasty viral infection, sore throat, naisey, vomity, and chesty cough. Negative cover as anyone else had it. Butter, it's bloody robbery by Fonterra killer Marcus. I agree with you. Why do people wear sports jerseys? They look particularly ridiculous older people. I understand that it could be seen as a supporters where I don't get it. He is particularly those sort of middle aged men at the all blacks with the giant stomachs and the type fitting jerseys. They're not even designed for most people. It almost seems like they feel that you're not really support unless you're wearing the kit. But you don't go to the ballet and where a tutu, you don't go to it. I was gonna say, you don't go to the motor racing and dress up as a Formula one driver. I see more and more of them do these days. Yes, No, it's something I don't understand anyway, Marcus den I have made a big pot of pumpkin soupers, blandated corn, onion and garlic to any ideas to jazz it up cinnamon a stock cube. Marcus, I'm with you regarding wearing sports where it does seem a bit showing off or like you say, try hard. It's like people that we're holding and forward racing apparel. I think the point is they're supportive and passionate about their interest in it. That's like can see from it, Jersey. But why would you dress up as why would you wear high performance sporting gear that's meant for the players as a fair It seems it seems a bit. I think it seems odd and I can't think what the other allegory is or parallel. Don Marcus, welcome, how's the game?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 2: Don? Thank you? Good?
Speaker 20: Hey.
Speaker 18: Just listen to that conversation with the chicken frozen chicken. There's a lot of warnings out that putting in a frozen chicken in a slow cocker as a high risk of sem and how the apparently the time that goes from frozen to a safe temperature is too long, and so it can cause all sorts of health issues. So that's that's what it's telling.
Speaker 2: Me to the time, because how do you're supposed to thaw a chicken from the fridge in the freezer.
Speaker 18: Right, that's right?
Speaker 23: Yes, yeah, So so if you put it in, if you put it in a slow cooker, then it would thaw over a shorter length of time than in the fridge.
Speaker 2: But it's at that temperature that the that the germs can grow what's it called. It canbla becter.
Speaker 18: Someone else certain temperature that it's unsafe, and that's that when you first put it in a slow cooker, that's the danger danger zone.
Speaker 2: But then the cooking temperature would kill it, wouldn't.
Speaker 18: It, You would think, so I'm just looking at the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would feel uneasy about doing it, but people swear by it, and I guess the chicken would have to have salmonil to begin with, would isn't it? But it's it's it's not prevalent in all New Zealand chicken. It's I know it's prevalent for all American chicken. Yeah, okay, yeah, I would advise people to do it to Thanks for that shout, please Elijah Matthews, butter are so expensive, and Nelson Marcus anyone else having trouble topping up on the one New Zealand site since seven am. I've been trying, but keep saying the system is an eror please try again in a few hours, Hi Marcus. And the old days, spectators never wore their team's jersey to rugby matches. Only the players who made the team got a jersey. You couldn't buy copies start out as a way to make money. You know, in England they reckon all the well. A lot of the supporter shirts are made illegally and support terrorist activities like fundraisers. You never quite know who you're supporting when you buy supporters jersey. Yeah, I've never understood it. It doesn't also look like a sort of fabric i'd like to wear. Looks a bit sort of to help jairs up the pumpkin souper. Tablespoon of sugar enhances the pumpkin taste. By the way, pumpkin soup is the devil's soup. It's impossible to make it taste any good. You can try everything. It's fun for about two spoonfuls. I think it's a bit kind of that's my take on it. Anyway, I kind of do a show every year about how to make pumpkin soup interesting, and the show's never then interesting.
Speaker 11: What does it?
Speaker 2: People say, bake the pumpkin or people say, yeah, I don't know what they say, bollocks. We've never dealt with bad frozen chicken here in Omaha. Butter is too expensive now, cheers Hector. Mom still uses the old us in and made of wangan he sunbing crop potots thirty six year old and still cooking good hearty soup, curry, powder and onions to spark up the pumpkin soup. I check everything in ginger, coriander, cinnamon, check the kitchen sink at it. Licorice. If you put liquorice in there actually surge and growth globally. Good evening, Gary, This is Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 17: Yes, hi Marcus. I just want to talk about a little bit about duck shooting. Yes, please, I don't like it. Yes, I'd like to see it banned. Yes, at least at least for some period. I haven't seen many ducks around. It's with it, they being just extinguished. I don't know, but I just don't like it.
Speaker 2: I can tell you. I can tell you Gary in Southland, right, Yeah, for duck shooting, the bag limit has been increased.
Speaker 17: Is there a lot down there a.
Speaker 2: Shoote amount of ducks? Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 17: Oh that could yeah, that could be part of the problem. Reason or problem. I can understand when when there are too many of these things, they become peace. Yes, I haven't seen many in aucklomb I'm just I.
Speaker 2: Think it's fifteen maillards per hunter per day and ten each day there. Oh that was last season. It's twenty five maillards.
Speaker 17: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: It's not something I'm drawn to.
Speaker 17: No, I don't regard it as a sports sitting it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say it's a sport. I think it's probably a cultural thing. And there's always always someone ends up shooting one of their mates too, because they get drunk in the mymi and they and they fall or something.
Speaker 17: So you know, I can I can see that, and my god, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm fully aware that people have strong opinions of that. And and thank you for coming through and addressing those you know, and representing those people as well. I appreciate that. The other thing good, thank you on Gary. There's something else?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, just you moved from Auckland to in the cargo. It's a bluff, just wondering how you a climatized sort of thing. I've been thinking of moving out of Auckland and moving more countrywide. But even in the cargo sounds pretty good. Do you like it? And both at hart Or you don't have to answer.
Speaker 2: I guess you move somewhere and you feel comfortable there. And I had no reason to leave. Again, that was the thing for me. I feel quite settled and bluff. I love it, so I don't think, yeah, well, I don't think it's that. I don't think it's about the move. It's hard for me to explain you because of course you don't want to move the whole time, because moving is a hassle anyway. But you move somewhere, if you're comfortable there, you may as well stay. And I think most people will stay somewhere they comfortable unless they fall out of love with it and they want to move somewhere else. But I've had no reason to leave.
Speaker 17: No, no, it sounds good.
Speaker 2: Where would you go, Gary?
Speaker 17: I was thinking through the day Northil around the Taranaki New Plymouth area. But yeah, but in the cargo sounds pretty good as well. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We've had an extremely good summer and autumn and in Vocabo. Now, if that's permanent weather change, it would be fantastic, because often the weather is terrible. But this year has been extraordinary and I like the cold. I don't like a hot place, so it suits me weatherways. I think a lot of people that's.
Speaker 17: What I'm all about, as well I like the cold as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love the cold.
Speaker 17: Yes, yeah, that was part of the reason the fears of south you go, the colder we would get I should imagine.
Speaker 2: But I've got to tell you Gary that in the South Island, well, in Southland they are obsessed with duck shooting. The only time you ever see men in the supermarket is the eve of for duck shooting, when they're buying food for the bacon, the eg pie. So yeah, it is a duck sting kind of a town.
Speaker 17: Okay, No, well, you know, I mean these things get out of control. Like, oh, I lived in Australia for a long time and everyone talks about shooting kangaroos where I was in Western Australia. If you go hundreds of k's north, there's so many garoos the whole area it looks like it's moving. There's actually millions of kangary's, you know. And you talk about sitting, well, they just basically at peaced. And I supposed that the ducks are in the same category. You just got to you know, tull them a bit.
Speaker 2: Maybe there was all that hassle they found out all the Australian meat pies were made from kangaroo. Remember all of that too. There was a huge scandal about the kangaroo meat and meat pies. That must have been about your time as well, was it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, Well I don't actually remember them getting into the meat pies, but I don't think i'd be too happy about that.
Speaker 2: People weren't happy.
Speaker 8: Gary.
Speaker 2: Nice to talk. Thank you by the way too, when I was in Queenstown. I was in queens on the weekend. It was bunny and one the cove went to Queenstown. There's a new bikeway through an old through an old tunnel. We're not an old tunnel, a recently old tunnel, a tunnel from the sixties called Hugo's Tunnel, which is can to have a look at. But gee, there's a lot of goats. There are a lot of goats. I guess it's this time of year they come down. But the rope between Queenstown and Arthur's Point, they're just wandering around the road. A lot of gun far in the hills. So I presume the council was someone was trying to call them, but there were goats everywhere. Not quite sure why they're not cooking them. I don't know why Ferg Burgers don't have a goat burger. Maybe it's not a very good meat. Although we're on the topic of Ferg Burgers, why would you go to Ferg if you ever been a Ferg Burgers. It's kind of a famous burger and a small shop in Queenstown with a very little room and big crowds waiting for a Ferg Burger. Fergsburger. I was staggered by tourists fronting up to get their burger with all their luggage, like giant suitcases on wheels. And I couldn't work out why these tourists would be getting a Ferg Burger on their first day or their last day of the holiday. Surely you go back to your place, get rid of you luggage, then go and do the queue anyway, minor quibble. Hello Roberts, Marcus.
Speaker 3: Welcome again, Marcus.
Speaker 2: Good rob How are you going?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 9: Look?
Speaker 3: I have you been catching up with the World Snooker Championship.
Speaker 2: No, I did see a bit of the dart today, but not the snooker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the snooker's art. That's riveting TV. Yeah, they they've only so. They had none of the preliminary rounds on Sky. But they've played the quarterfinals and now they're into the semifinals.
Speaker 2: Who is it down to? Who the final four?
Speaker 3: The final four the world number one Judge Trump and he's playing the Welshman Mark Williams. And then there's on the other other side there's Ronnie O'Sullivan versus the Chinese guy Zu Zing Tong. Yeah, it's riveting.
Speaker 2: It's going to say if it's still dominated by people from because I presume jud Trump's English, is.
Speaker 3: He yes, yes, yes, so there's you know, there's a Welshman Williams and O'Sullivan. Yeah, they still dominate.
Speaker 2: But but it's interesting as as interesting as Chinese guy. That was always going to happen, you'd think, wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Yes, ye're very skillful. Yeah, he's going to be. Yeah, he'll be is he?
Speaker 2: Is he young?
Speaker 3: You're very young?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And there's I think there's about three or four nines in the top top twenty in the world on on prize money.
Speaker 2: Is it having a bit of a it went quiet for a while, Is it having a bit of a rebirth or is it just that I have not been noticing it?
Speaker 3: Well, well, probably a lot to do with not having it on television on Sky, yeah, you know, and free view. It doesn't get the you know, the back of the seventies and eighties yet Pot Black and all those.
Speaker 2: Pop black And then we had Dino Kine too, didn't.
Speaker 3: We, Yeah, very much, he canan usually.
Speaker 8: I think he passed away recently.
Speaker 2: That's just as I was saying that I thought there was some such died young I can't quit was on my heck too. I can't quite work out why that was. But he helped popularize the sport in this country, too, didn't he because it was excited to see ki we there?
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And and you know these guys that they're geniuses, most of them. So they're quite the quite egy personalities, and some of them have met a terrible you know, alcoholism, yes, gambling and sicknesses, and that they've died died alone, a lot of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they've had such.
Speaker 20: Well.
Speaker 2: I guess it might because, you know, just the sort of a guy that likes a beer and likes playing in the pub and suddenly you're any big money in and become a household name. It might be quite a a very quick trajectory, but it's a bit like the dark play of the dark players don't seem to come unstuck that much. They seem to handle the jendle.
Speaker 11: They do.
Speaker 8: But I think with with with the snooker and the pool players, you're battling yourself a lot a lot of the time. It's yeah, it's a very it's very individual sort of thing. And yeah, the skill of these guys, it just just amazes me. The shots that pull out and the way they can work the ball around the table and clear the table.
Speaker 2: And they probably, like they're probably like dark players, they probably practice five or six hours a day too. It's probably a real commitment.
Speaker 3: Oh exactly, yeah, yeah, it's yeah, it's a real art. I'm just loving it. So they have a they have a morning session over there and it starts early morning out time. Oh no, it starts nine o'clock. I think out, I'm goes through to one and then I fall asleep on the coucher that I wake up in the morning and they have their afternoon session.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I'm watching that at the moment. So when's the semi in the final, well the semifinals now, and I think it's the first to twenty five frames. Yeah, yeah, I think that's how it goes, and then the final will be a couple of days later.
Speaker 2: But when is it on tomorrow morning?
Speaker 3: Did you say, oh, yeah, yes, that's tonight, Yeah, on Sky and so it starts about nine o'clock this evening.
Speaker 2: Goes it's on now? Sorry, okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great. Yeah, I just fall asleep off the rivertod with it.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate you coming through and talk about that.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 2: That's good. Find that interesting. So thank you. There we go, Kyle ats Marcus, good evening, Hey doing mate, good Kyle.
Speaker 4: The question I've got for you here is the roading and you put it a fucking it's not a bolicle. At the moment, they're doing all these the road barriers going off streets and stuff, and it was causing night and everyone.
Speaker 2: Has are you talking and you with itself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're putting all these do like road barriers and stuff to close off the road and just causing issues and people keep hitting them. It's unsafe fairs.
Speaker 2: So what's the question, why are they doing it?
Speaker 4: What is the point of adding in all this taxpayers money going towards these road barriers that are actually not doing anything but actually causing more trouble than what they're worth.
Speaker 2: So what roads are it on?
Speaker 4: Mainly South Road, South owned deven roads the road barriers than the idea is TI on block ok streets. But the reality is just making it more unsafe. These horrible drivers in the areas that there are. And it was an eight o'clock rush hour in the morning taking the thanking my son to school. It's unsafe as I don't feel stay think about under school because someone's going to try and pull out a really tight area because of the barriers. And the what it's fine about it is is that it counts what would take responsibility for it?
Speaker 2: How come.
Speaker 4: It's also in nupolemus as a bloody awful and the only person that will even do anything about it is Murray Chong because he actually understand what goes on there happening.
Speaker 2: He's leaving. He's leaving, isn't he.
Speaker 13: Do?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: You know did you vote?
Speaker 4: Sorry, sir, I ad my third child. I was better miss at the moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I medget spinner Britt Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 6: Good, good evening, Marcus. I'm just ring you know who you mentioned telling me about a country radio station or something.
Speaker 2: Absolutely insid me. The company I work for us doing a country music station.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, it is going to be on It's a good question, I would hope so not fully I'm not fully aware of that because I think Gold had some AM stations.
Speaker 2: Would country music work on AM?
Speaker 6: I don't know it probably would do. Why I'm asking is, yeah, there's a few of us well, you know, do ship work and we work around the clock like I am now and I'm working all night. And yeah, he had a bit of something, bit of different music, is all right, you know a bit of country music?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so Auckland North and Gisbone, Nelson, christ Church, West Coast and Warnica. And I think it's on the FM.
Speaker 6: Is it up and running now or they thinking of.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's announced today.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, it will be.
Speaker 2: It will be starting on the seventh next Friday. I don't know why they launched on a Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, where are you bread it?
Speaker 6: I'm in the far North in ko tire.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does say Northland. Have you got the information, Dan? Just the frequencies now for you just loading at the moment, Britt. We'll get it to you yep, you guys, it's ninety five point sex as the frequency.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh cool.
Speaker 2: Any dramas, let me know, but they'll be next Friday'll be kicking off.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, good right, right, thanks very much.
Speaker 2: That's you've got some fine weather up there in our Brett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 6: But apparently there's another cycle and looming in the in the propert somewhere, so we're getting ready for that again.
Speaker 2: Is it the third or the second? The last one seemed to stay forever or maybe it was an I couldn't work, and if there was one or two that last.
Speaker 6: Time, Yeah, just that I'm so glad came.
Speaker 5: I think it was the same one.
Speaker 2: I went away the week and it was still there. Thanks Brett. Nice to hear from you. Even two past eleven, there is already a user in country radio stations Southern cross Country. Never heard of it. Is it a Christian one? What we should do is start a Christian station because they seem to have the best frequencies. Don't take offense. Get through twenty three past seven if you want to talk. Oh, this is an interesting story, and I've got food that's breaking news. The entire island of Bali in Indonesia has been hit by a blackout that might take more than a day for authorities to fix. Power outages impacted thousands of homes, businesses and resorts across the tourist hotspot. Around four pm, a spokesperson said summer in cables connecting dempest out of the mainland had been disrupted. Would they get their power from another island from Java? Must be Pete, Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 19: There again, Marcus, just referring to couple of callers. Get you call that guy a fidgett spinner, whatever you call him, but he is dead right. What we hear in you Plymouth right now? Married Tom, He's still gonna. He's still going for the council.
Speaker 2: So didn't he says? Did he say he's not standing again?
Speaker 19: No, he's still standing. I think he may be trying to go for the mere position. I think. But what we have in here, I don't know if you know you Plymouth much at all this, but they're putting in these things for the cycle lanes. They call them separate as I call them islands. What that guy said, he is correct, be through the long term plan here in New Plymouth. The Simon, what's his name. This guy is the roady Ministry of Transport. They said when they were going to again, they're.
Speaker 2: Going to hang on, hang on, hang on Peak. Surely we can remember people's names. You can't disparage someone by mispronouncing their name or saying, what's he called. What's the guy's name? It's not hard.
Speaker 19: What's his name, Simon, he's in charge of the roads here in New Zealand. What's his name? What he his name is. But the end of the day is what the count is doing.
Speaker 2: His name Simeon Brown.
Speaker 19: That's Simmy and Brown. That's the one year. So he said that they're going to stop a lot of these projects from happening because the end of the day, here we are in this country, we're saying we're short of money, which we are. We all know that they were going to put a stop to this. They went to the ten the five day long, ten year long tom Plan. Here at the council, we had a lot of submission people submitting against these cycle lanes. What they're putting in we spent probably ten years ago here, we already had. It was a sufficience and it's a sufficient enough what we had in place. It took out a whole lot of parking. I'll be straight up, I'm got much. I'm a straight shoot. I called myself. We had things adequate enough. I've got looking into.
Speaker 2: Pet When someone sees they're a straight shooter, I've got no idea what that means apart from someone's gotten over and flated idea and how of their understanding of how the world works.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, I just I'm calling I will call it common sceense there. I have photos of what they've done to the next Stuf've been to the spoken to the principle of the spots with primary school. What they've done there, I've done health and safety. I'm gonna observe the right. So if I see a hazard, I'm going to get rid of a hazard before it becomes our hazard. You could say, and I know when practicality is what they're doing, I call it impractical actually dangers.
Speaker 2: Should children be able to cycle the school safely?
Speaker 19: Yes they should?
Speaker 2: Can children? And can children and your plymouth bike to school safely?
Speaker 19: Yes they can?
Speaker 2: Harry school should have been killed on their bikes?
Speaker 19: Nobody here and you Plymouth. That's that's the way the debates should be too.
Speaker 2: Are you saying, are you saying no one's died, No.
Speaker 19: One's died on the cycle lanes at all. No they haven't.
Speaker 2: No, but cycling to school.
Speaker 19: Not hearing your plymouth, not as far as I know.
Speaker 2: No, there's a cyclist, that cyclist that died in April.
Speaker 19: But what I'm trying to say here and you plymouth, what they've done is they've actually put up obstacles. Now used to be a truck ri two Marcus or six.
Speaker 2: There was a cyclist died at Powdham Street in April the twelfth.
Speaker 19: I'll tell you what, Marcus. You come down to your plymouth next on me. I'll we'll come out with you. I'll show you what they've done.
Speaker 2: But you can't say cyclists aren't killed because they're dying.
Speaker 19: Not hearing your plymouth.
Speaker 2: As far as I know, I'm telling you there's a guy killed on Powderham Street in April.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's Powderham Street. That's not the street where we want to talking.
Speaker 2: But that's you plymouth peak, you reckon. You're a health and safety guy. And I'm saying, is it's safe for cyclist? Do you say yes?
Speaker 14: It is?
Speaker 2: Clearly it's not.
Speaker 19: In the day Marcus if you're a driver. I've been a Holland two times. Right, they have cycle you know, don't be in Holland. They have cycle lanes. They don't do what we're doing in this country. And they've got more common sense than what we have. Right now, it's time, you plymouth. I'm hoping what I've got photos here already wrung up the principle of the score I just mentioned before, and he even agrees what they've done.
Speaker 2: There, probably agreed to he probably agreed to get you off the phone.
Speaker 19: No, no, he's is that what I'm talking about? So I'm hoping I'm even ringing up the MP for national as well. Also, I'm hoping that they will take some of those out for they've actually caused hazards now what they've done on this road here, and it's just what they've done here. Market. You come and show me, I think you'll change your You have to see it to believe. I've got photos of my camera now of what they've done off the last they're doing this overnight. They're doing it by stealth, and they're very running.
Speaker 2: They won't be doing it by they won't be doing it by stealth. Listen to you they're.
Speaker 19: Doing it at night time, just looking at.
Speaker 2: Night because the roads are quiet. You sound like you're going to war.
Speaker 19: I'm not going to war, Marcus. Sometimes you don't listen to people.
Speaker 2: Bridge. Maybe you've got to realize it. It's time that it change. They've got to make it more friendly for cyclists, Marcus.
Speaker 19: Do you build cycle lays and it's the motor while they're doing here. It's not a road. The road's not designed for what they're doing.
Speaker 9: Simple as that.
Speaker 19: Next time you're in now, I'm come and see them and you'll see you'll see who you'll agree with me. I guarantee you'll change your mind.
Speaker 2: Come knocking at your door and say show me cycle horror.
Speaker 19: Well, I'm hoping by that time a lot of these things will be taken away.
Speaker 2: How long did you see? How long did you sit there in the ten year plan?
Speaker 19: But the every day I was proud of it too.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 19: It was good to see. It was good to see how, the how, the how the circus ran. I realized we have a lot of clowns in our circus.
Speaker 2: You voted for them, Wow, you vote?
Speaker 19: We all know that right now in this country, as you know is we have a lot of idiots and councils and most a lot of councils throughout the country where it's Wellington, wherever they may be.
Speaker 2: Should children be able to Should children be able to ride their bike to school safely?
Speaker 19: Now you know this is what I'm saying, Marcause you don't build cycle lanes on motorways. That's the motorway you build. They've done it, the one part they make the what the footpaths? W I agree to that, but you don't muck around with the motorway. You don't start putting tackle lantern motorways. You just don't do that.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from your pet, Appreciate your passion. Twenty eight to twelve, Oh, someone's to know that your plymouth frequency for the country music station. Oh, Shortened Street might be coming twenty end too. They are saying that it's looking not promising. The head writer's gone to Europe England and they're not confirming for twenty twenty six, which it's gonna be interesting if Shortened Street stops. I think I had it one of our predictions. But I think it's been around since. I'm feeling like about nineteen ninety has it been nineteen ninety two. I think probably what we should do is be celebrating how long it's gone for in the careers it started, because you know, sometimes things have run their course. You might have some views excited to hear a country music station about to hit My partner I have booked a trip in September this year to Nashville, as in the last year we've been inspired and growing our love of country music. Easy listening, understand and relate to the lyrics. Can't understand the words clearly, great, beat, authentic and grassroots. So there we go, twenty six away from twelve. I'm a straight shooter. If I ever say I'm a straight shooter, take me out and tell me I'm not a straight shooter. We walk and cycle that road every day and the changes are great. Don't forget the five schools on that road. It's just a road. Get over it. Just more of the very vocal minority. I'm afraid. Cheers Pete Marcus. The new bike lanes and new Plymouth are going to be amazing. The roads here are so dangerous. No one rides on the main roads, but this will be a game changer and about time. Yes, de Plymouth could be a really exciting city if they had some more provocative and progressive policies. They get some things right, but they get other things way way wrong. There's sort of undercurrent of conservatism there. I think that comes up with some bad decisions. But anyway, we've talked about slow cookers. It seems amazing. It was only tonight we talked to that guy with the tattoed eyes on his eyelids in the hole in the wallow cheap As. It's been a night of it and I've managed to tell you my sense of unease about people wearing Fien jerseys. Yeah, although I although funny enough they have and I've just remembered I have. I've got one of the eighties penwith jerseys, the brown and white one. Yes, oh yeah. Hypocrisy is close to us, all, isn't it? Anyway.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus Slash Nights, listen live to News Talk st B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.