Speaker 1: Life from the Export be a Garden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra, the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Thursday, the twenty ninth of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Culture.
Speaker 1: We like to consider ourselves at the forefront of modern technology when it comes to broadcasting. Here at the ACC Lane and with that in mind, today we have duct taped both cameras for this podcast, one to the desk over there and then one to the case that holds the World Test Championship Mace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. I mean we're digital first, you know, and we're YouTube first. Of course, we're on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Here, we are on YouTube.
Speaker 1: This is all an endeavor to get us on YouTube. After seeing the staggering, eyewatering amounts that Christiano Ronaldo, you know, gotten his first sort of forty eight hours of being on YouTube, We're like, well, what's the difference between us and Christiano Ronaldo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, And that's where it ends. So we're now on YouTube. Go and watch it.
Speaker 1: You can join the hundred of us, the people that are watching it as well.
Speaker 4: We haven't talked about Oasis. You're an Oasis fan?
Speaker 3: I kind of think I am, because do you know what I was? I was in England in nineteen ninety seven, Yeah, and man they were they were so it was it's hard to describe how big they were in the kind of mid nineties in England, early nineties and then like they were the biggest thing. I like them purely because they're funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you listen to some of their press conferences and they're one liners, they're fucking funny. Yeah, A dude, You're right.
Speaker 1: It's hard to explain just how big they were because they don't really seem like rock stars.
Speaker 4: They just look like two chevs from the fucking north of England, which.
Speaker 1: They are, which they are as well, and the great catchy songs. You wouldn't say that they're like particularly gifted musicians or singers or anything.
Speaker 4: Nah, And I think that's part of it as well, isn't it.
Speaker 3: And off Off, you know, like we say, off Field kind of outside of the concerts there, they were hilarious because they are a walking headline and in England, you know, they love a headline. The tabloids course, they just kept on providing and then obviously they had the big dust up. If you listen to a podcast, is that the British Scandals podcast, And there's one on Liam and nol and it is hilarious, like they had proper backstage punch ups, proper throwing guitars at each other, smacking each other in the head, great stuff like that. Nowadays, all we've got fucking Taylor Swift preaching. We've got it's so boring.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Who the people are. Who are the rock stars now? That's because it's gone on poppy. It's all billy.
Speaker 3: You know what it is. It's moaning dudes talking about singing high and talking fucking moaning shit. It's fucking horrible. Most of them are. I couldn't tell you the difference because it's saying, yeah, fucking whatever, may we whiskey need I shove it up your ass.
Speaker 1: I dare say Oasis were whining as well, but I take your point.
Speaker 3: Hey, guitars and they fought on stage, and they smashed beer, and they went to man City Games and three Coins and.
Speaker 1: I think this has been what has it been like thirty years since they popped off and then it seems like twenty since they played together, is that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and they've had the biggest I mean, we know it's brought them together. That's money broke. Yeah, they've been paid one hundred and ten million dollars or something for this fourteen gig tour of the UK and they're thinking about going global.
Speaker 4: Oh, they could go anywhere. I mean so many people are so excited about it.
Speaker 1: They literally just posted like the date, and I saw so many people that I didn't know were Oasis fans resharing it on their Instagram page.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see them live. I would love to see I don't think I've never seen them live. I should have when I was over in England because they were playing everywhere.
Speaker 4: Oh insight, I know, But.
Speaker 1: I should have gone to Notre Dame. It burned down after I left. Yeah, but then I just went there last year and I still didn't go. So do I really give it SyES closed?
Speaker 4: Oh? Was it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it going down.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so that coming back, everyone's fired up about it. Almost immediately, people start ripping off the marketing of it because they just posted a date. Subway bought billboards and put dates on it because they're bringing back some sort of sandwiches. Just pumped the brakes on that one.
Speaker 3: Damn. Jared, Matt and Jerry on the Herdocke Breakfast replayed a interview they did with not No Dave being Sam Liam not Liam Noll with nol I must have been from about four or five years ago when he was touring out here on his own. And it's a very funny interview because they do it obviously they pre recorded it, so they're trying to encourage him to swear as much as possible, and they're trying to get him to say something controversial and then like they go okay, and I think you'll have to have listened to it. But Jerry goes something like, can we get some controversial and he goes, well, what do you want? He goes, well, what if I said something like, Noel Gallagher, you have been successful, You've written some of the bigger songs in the world, You've got you have the popular you're rich. Why are you still such a miserable cunt?
Speaker 1: It's so good and he barely laughs.
Speaker 3: That's good, that was good? What else do you want for? Then they meet you get at him with those brothers are funck work and then yeah, there it is, and they're like, there's nothing new. I've been saying he's a fun work for about ten years. It's it's a very funny in.
Speaker 4: On our show.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I saw a video of either Liam or Nola, I don't know which ones which He was backstage at some festival. He's playing, he's making himself a cup of tea. If you send that one, yes and see. Back in the day, we used to have a man who would put the tea bag in. There was another man with the milk. There was another man with the sugar that do it all for you. Now I have to fucking boil the kid or do the whole thing myself. This is why there's no rock stars anymore.
Speaker 3: Like they're they're just good fun. Yeah, they are good fun and on stage they've got great banda.
Speaker 1: People got nuts for them as well. Yeah, like going nuts to the point where a hotel chain in the UK has canceled all of the bookings around each of the Eggs, so anyone that had books, so people were speculating that they were they were going to announce a tour and so they were buying hotel rooms like on a whim that this is what's going to happen. And they found out about forty eight hours later all of the hotels canceled the bookings and are now selling them at triple the price.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is, England's not a big country. What you want to do is you hire a driver, get a bus, yea, go there and back. Worry about the your calm.
Speaker 4: That's right, you're so right.
Speaker 1: It is like Great Britain and its entirety is about the size of the South Island, right, But England itself is basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I have an They have a six lane motorway that goes straight down the country, so you can go anywhere pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: So you can get in the bottom left hand lane. Rule the lorries are stone to the girls, and you'll be fine to sit in. Allegedly, you can sit in their draft and not even put the salerate. You don't even have to look where you're going because you're only going about seventy k's and you all you have to do is look at their bumper, and you're sweet and you'll get to your next job.
Speaker 4: Save as how we've got.
Speaker 1: Allegedly allegedly reportedly there's no reports about that, but yeah, I just a bit of price gouging going on there. Someone posted on social media as well. I wanted to run this one past you, but they recently became a key with citizen and had already gone for a drive in the subaru to get a flat white.
Speaker 4: What else can they do to make it official?
Speaker 1: If you're just become a New Zealand citizen, how would you How would you celebrate? Oh you've got to attempt to eat an oyster or something like that. Some Kaimawana McKenna Kenner would be a good start.
Speaker 4: Ram Raider Michael Hill jeweler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eat a real sandy tour to Fritter.
Speaker 4: Moved to Australia.
Speaker 1: Would probably be the first thing I'd do to Cell he moved to the Gold Coast and pick up a scaffolding.
Speaker 3: Joe got to buy some jendles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think that's part of the citizenship test. You have them before you before you can get it. Yeah, get a swanee and a pair of stubbies.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Hit down the binge drinking habit.
Speaker 1: Pick up a pretty so a binge drinking habit that you just pass off as a bit of a laugh. Yeah, just to sort of really press those emotions down, bottle them up.
Speaker 4: Start bottling your emotions up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, start bottling now and get a binge drinking habit. I'd save the ram ratings for a bit later on. I think I think something is too straight away.
Speaker 4: Is it an advanced level thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's something you grow into as a key.
Speaker 4: I think that's something for the voicemails.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you would do if you just got your key with citizenship, how you would celebrate to make it official. But speaking of great New Zealanders, the greatest New Zealander of all time witnessed a blood bath last night.
Speaker 3: What Billy T.
Speaker 1: James did to Hillary Barry overnight can never happen again. We need we need to put guardrails in place to protect people at Hillary Barry, it was a blood bath.
Speaker 3: I sent her a text saying it's everything's going to be okay. Yeah, you shouldn't respond.
Speaker 1: Look, not everyone can be the greatest New Zealander of all time, and in fact, only one person can. And unfortunately for Hillary Barry.
Speaker 3: It will not be heard this year speaking of blood bath, so today it could be the biggest blood bath and history. Who we got Ritchie mccaugh and Herald the Giraffe.
Speaker 4: This is tough.
Speaker 1: This is tough, and I know if you asked Richie he would have never wanted this, But Harold's all about it.
Speaker 4: I feel like Harold wants all the smoke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mo. I mean, look, Ritchie mcau is such a great guy. He'd vote for Harold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would, Yeah, he would.
Speaker 3: He does a lot of good in community. Harold like arguably more in the community in Richie mccaugh going to all those schools, Yes, every week, every day in a different region of New Zealand. Harold the Giraffe is changing lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I no, no, that's right.
Speaker 1: And I think that if Richie mccaugh announced that he was going to be visiting every school around the country in the back of a trailer. Yeah, and he'd like all of your children to go in their trailer with him, Yeah, for an hour of their day.
Speaker 4: You know, it probably wouldn't get the same response.
Speaker 3: Nah, been steady flies around looking cool as fucking a helicopter.
Speaker 4: Well yeah.
Speaker 1: The conversely, if Harold the Giraffe said that he was going to start flying a helicopter around, you know, I think people would take that a certain way too, so you know, it swings and roundabouts. Unfortunately, I think Richie is just a buzz or if you run into Richie, you know, I think he's going to Billy T James Old Harold Easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think when we start getting into the third round and he starts coming up against your Charlie Uphams the world, I think that's when it starts going to get a bit spicy.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately, yeah, I think this is going to be a real blood bath.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but again it's not up to us.
Speaker 1: Going and have your say on the old sosh Med Facebook and Instagram. You can have your vote, have an argument in the comments as well. Don't come winging to us when someone has an argument with you in the comments either, Yeah, it's okay, and fire them back. Yeah, let's get this thing out, all right, Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk some spot. The salaries of all blacks assistants have been dridged up because of the whole Leon McDonald thing, because so he's been dismissed two months into what was a four year contract. Ye, all of the coaching staff presumably we're contracted through until the next Rugby World Cup, and raisers just said, look, let's just nips in the bud right now, this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 4: We going to have been yet, but he signed the contract.
Speaker 3: But I like the fact that it's not working to move on. Yeah, because a lot of people in a lot of marriage jobs and marriages and jobs, they just try and work it out, and once it's gone, it's gone, like you cannot bring it back. So I think it's a great call. And whatever it costs them, it costs them. It's the same as any other employment issue. If you sign a contract and it gets terminated earlier, you get to pay out.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that if there wasn't this whole silver bullshit hanging over us because now presumably well so they believe that the salary range is between five hundred to seven hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 3: Who's believing how they got that figures?
Speaker 1: There isn't there some sort of privacy You want to remind you, I do not fact check, because so I can't tell you the Rugby Union are not a publicly listed company, are they obliged to They're not a charity.
Speaker 3: They are obliged to release their salaries.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't, but I would maybe someone else overseas would you know, you'd probably know how much you could get on the open market if you were over somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this speculation.
Speaker 1: Also, Super Rugby are a three hundred and fifty k for a head coach coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so that's a head coach though this is an assistant for them.
Speaker 1: Again, I didn't fact check this, and I don't know. I'm just I'm pucking a number out of my ass that I read from an it's a lot an actual journal.
Speaker 3: It's probably it's a lot more more than all of us on.
Speaker 1: The lower end of the more than all the years on the lower end of the spectrum. Let's say that it's five hundred k. This is two million dollars of silver like money that has now gone and beer. In mind, South Canterbury didn't have enough funds to get up to challenge for the Rand Philly Shield.
Speaker 4: I like the fact that they're playing at Eden Park in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I don't think they'll pay out his entire contract. I don't think that that's not really how those employment things work. I think the terminator and the would agree a number. He doesn't get paid out his entire contract. Yeah, so it's not two million, that's out of the window. I think. I think a good half mill would be paid to him because he's now eligible to go and coach in Australia, coach in Japan or wherever. So I think there would have been a number. Ree there's still quite a lot of a lot of money because how many assistant coaches has he got.
Speaker 4: For one, two, three that I can think of? Four?
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, So again this is a lot of I don't know what we went. We had to deal with the Silverlec thing for like three fucking years and then what came out of it. We gave two million dollars to Porage McDonald and then we got n f t's.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 3: Hey hey they were black men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well is that part of the agreement. He can have all the n f T s.
Speaker 3: The NFT scandal has really been swept under. The whitewash have come in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Managed to get rid of that because that was the biggest rought. And whoever designed those NFTs, God blessed them and got and collected those millions of dollars.
Speaker 4: God bless them.
Speaker 1: I had when the that was the most obvious one that I could tell was going to be a crocerd ship from the get go, because no one could explain it to me, and it was all the dumbest people I knew that were trying to explain it to me.
Speaker 3: He took ice bars and.
Speaker 1: One of the someone sent me down one day. I was just like, right, imagine this. There's an awesome party. All of your favorite influencers are there, but it's in the metaverse, and the only way you can get in there is if your profile pick is an NFT.
Speaker 4: I was like, I want you to know I hate every single thing you just said. Then, I hate all of it. I don't want to be in there.
Speaker 3: You lost me at all your favorite influences, Yeah, I don't have any.
Speaker 1: It's like Lebron James is thereously and what I have to have a picture of a monkey as my profile picked, But.
Speaker 3: He's not there?
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 3: It's just his avatars in there.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's going to go the other way. People want to be less online. You know, I was in chat rooms in the early two thousands.
Speaker 3: It's not good. No it's not pretty, especially that chat Roulett.
Speaker 4: Have you played that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, chat Roulet omeglec Messenger.
Speaker 3: Back in the day randoms could add you, well, the chat Roulette one was fun for a bit until you get dunk and he's a guy with his deck out, yeah, which was the first time you opened it, and then every time subsequently from there on out, and all it was was just dudes waiting for the off chance that there was a girl on there as well, which by the way, there wasn't, and if there was, it was a video being played, and they'd cut the video and cut themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The early days of the incidnet was just fucking wild.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, oh, here's a cool picture of a car that you might like, or here's like your favorite Pokemon, and here's a dude being beheaded in a bush somewhere, and then.
Speaker 4: Now and here's guy's deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then here's your favorite basketball highlight. And then here's another guy he's yeah, jumping his deck up. It's like fuck, you know, so if you give me if, I'm a little bit shell shocked after all of that. But anyway, long short of that is give the NFTs to Porridge. Dan Evans in the US Open, which is going on at the moment. Lulu Sun withdrew with injury. The other day, Dan Evans has won the longest match that the US Opened since tiebreakers were introduced in nineteen seventy. He beat a bloke by the name of Karen and it took him five hours of thirty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Ow, that is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: We'll put money on him losing the next I.
Speaker 1: Was just going to say, what his odds for the next game. We should talk about this on the sports book tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sent played already because a five and a half hour game.
Speaker 4: That is brutal. That is absolutely brutial.
Speaker 1: You know, Like, I don't think I could do anything for five hours and still have my wits about me.
Speaker 3: Drink. Oh, I know you when have your wits about you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll try it tomorrow, but I think that, like you could. That's longer than any Lord of the Rings movie. You know, when you're finished watching a Lord of the Rings movie, even standing up with Stretch, well it was long. That's the extended cuts too. You just get through half of Harry Potter in that in that time. Five and a half hours is preposterous. They need to come up with a different way to do that than just letting these boys go Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've doug their own grave on that one. Yeah, idea. I've watched any of the US Open. Usually i'd i'd usually i'd sneak in a little bit, but it's completely gone off the radar. I'm almost sported out with the Olympics. I'm taking a break. Yeah, all blacks are on Warrior's last game. I've kind of let this one slip through to the keeper.
Speaker 4: Well, they're also still in the early doors.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, are you right?
Speaker 1: And there was also tennis very recently at the Olympics. It was like when Lydia Co was playing that golf tournament, No and news she's even playing it.
Speaker 4: There's the last just for two one awesome this tusday.
Speaker 1: So let's go for a throwback Thursday and today I'd like to throw it back to our most successful Paralympics campaign of all time, because of course, overnight the Paralympics opening ceremony was on.
Speaker 4: We're underway now over there in Paris.
Speaker 1: Our most successful by gold medal standards Summer Paralympics was twenty sixteen and you will remember that one because Sophie Pasco won one two three gold medals, a two silvers. But it was also the one where Liam Malone first started to the scene. So he won the men's two hundred meters and then he got a silver in the men's one hundred meters as well. I actually saw Lamb alone this morning at the gym I go quite often. And the brilliant thing about like one of the great things about not having legs for him or having artificial leagus, so he can pick what is so.
Speaker 3: Like I think it he can be a short king or a.
Speaker 4: Six foot five when he walked in today.
Speaker 3: So God bless you, I would too mine. You can't get too you can't get too carried away over it, as he'd start to look like a bit of a kind of a guy on stilts. He looked like a cannie. If he tuned in, if he tuned up with like two meter meter and a half artificial legs, he's gonna look a bit canny. You've got to keep it in proportion.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 1: But also if you're a plasterer and you have ceilings to plaster this, yes, that would be a massive advantage.
Speaker 3: What's he up to these days, Liam Malone, I think it was a back session this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh lets and yeah, just pulled down rows, yes, and pulled downs yeah, some low rows.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not sure what he's doing.
Speaker 1: I did produce a podcast but that he was on, and I didn't listen to a single second of what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: I heard he's quite a quite a good speaker. I've heard him a great speaker.
Speaker 1: He speaks at a few corporate functions, and a very intelligent dude. Yeah, and I'm pretty sure he's got some smart guy Josh, but also run real quick and in twenty sixteen he ran faster than anyone else over two hundred meters. Sophie Pasco was winning so many golds. I was living in a flat and tomorrow. I think I've told the story before, but which she was winning them. This was on a Sunday morning where you're vulnerable, desperately hungover, desperately hungover, about six of us lying in this in this flat and timorrow. The guy that owned the flat was an electrician and he pulled an air con unit out of one of the houses he was working on it installed it in his own because it was leaky, and so if you sat in the corner that was underneath the ear con you had to put like a rain jacket on or something because it would just dribble all over you. And so I'm lying underneath that in a rain jacket.
Speaker 4: And then on.
Speaker 1: TV she gets up, she's winning her third gold medal, Dame Sophie Pasco. She's crying. They cut to her appearance in the crowd, dark cry and cuts me in the corner. I'm sitting in a rain jacket underneath the air on unit leaking on me.
Speaker 4: I'm crying. Look over my mate, he's crying. He looks me. Oh you're crying, bro, you are too bad.
Speaker 3: No, I mean she just covered in your conditioning fluid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which is the condensation of all of your breath. So yeah, that was That was my memory of the twenty sixteen Paralympic Games. I played a game of sharades recently with a member of the alternative commentary collective who shall Remain nameless, and the person he got to act out was Dame Sophie Pasco, and he put one arm behind his back and swam and obviously no one got it. And then right at the end, we're like, who was it? And he goes Sophie Pascot, so so she is missing a leak, not at all. So yeah, just just if you're if you're playing any charades this week, Yeah, want to be Yeah, we'll watch out for that. Want to be weary of It's also Thursday, so we need to put our game day hunch on lane.
Speaker 4: What do you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's probably I'm going to park the Warriors. I think it's all Blacks and South Africa quite a big challenge. In South Africa, we've I mean I was trying to look out some stats. New Zealand have won twenty six matches in South Africa, so after have won twenty five. It's pretty pretty tightly. Yeah, in New Zealand, it's the records much it's like All Black thirty three, spring Box ten. So it's quite even over there and always quite tight. But but I think it's going to be a turgid affair. I think New Zealand go over there. They don't go over his favorites at all, paying two to seventy at the moment which lost to Argentina. So I don't think it's good. I don't think they'll get a hiding. I don't think. I think it'll be close, but I think in Joe Burg, I think the Brocks are probably going to get up. I don't think they're going to score much. So my hunch, which I think would put our hundred bonus bit on, is less than fifty and a half points total. Okay, So because I think it's going to be fairly turgid and don't have me, but I'm going to South Africa one.
Speaker 4: To twelve happiness insurance, Yeah.
Speaker 3: A little bit, because I think it's going to be tight. Just Joe Big is going to be difficult for the All Blacks, I think, and I think my cat says if they lose this one, they'll win in Cape Town the All Blacks.
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: But I would also say if I asked you what three weeks ago, after we'd just lost to Argentina, how you thought would go against South Africa, you would have said South Africa thirteen.
Speaker 3: Plus, yeah, and seeing them demolish Australia with a B team. Yeah. But you know, this is one of these games, and I know it's a cliche, you know they always get up for the sou Africa's but it is the world's biggest rugby rivalry. It hands down, you know them Plane since nineteen twenty one. You know, it took to a ninety six for the All Blacks to actually win a series in South Africa. So it's brutal, it is. It's the I mean, what's the biggest rivalry in.
Speaker 4: Football in the world.
Speaker 3: Is it Brazil, Argentina.
Speaker 4: Aucklands the Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, but I think it's not one of those things where I think there'll be a blowout. Yeah, so that's what I'm going under fifty and a half and so Africa one to twelve. That's paying. I'll just put it into my phone for eighty two, okay, So it's not bad. That's not bad. It is a little bit of happiness insurance because I mean, if they get up, good on them. But I think if they do get up, it's only going to be by smidge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take one last break, follow that bit and responsibly by the way, and I'll come back with yours please, yours please.
Speaker 2: Brought you by Leader home of the Lasnapa.
Speaker 1: For them to get through today lane for school of yours please.
Speaker 5: Jan's greetings from Perth on AFL players in the NFL. I think the first was Darren Bennett as a punter back in the late nineties early two thousands. Then so Rocker from Collingwood, Ben Graham, he used to captain Geelong, and as of this year there was Mitch Wishnowski playing for the forty nine ers in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: How could I forget a game? Bush Nowski.
Speaker 3: That's that's a lot more than I thought. But it makes sense really because those rules players can fun punt a ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Ben Graham's the one I was thinking of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, you're you're right, it's a different ball. But yeah, there's a long, proud history of AFL players going over there and punting in the NFL. But like we were saying yesterday, I don't think anyone's going to make it as a running back or wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they've got a better record than rugby players, even though AFL because a lot of ruggy players have actually cracked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, better than rugby league as well, but at a very specific part of the game. That's the weird part about American sports in general, but mostly NFL. It's so specialized. Yeah, like a punter is not like any.
Speaker 4: Other football player. They don't do bugger all.
Speaker 1: And the goalkicker even more so, he plays a different game than everyone else. Yeah, that's why everyone gets so hard up the goalkicker if they miss, because my job mate. Yeah, there's literally all you do. You've been warming up on the sideline this entire game. I've been out there getting my neck snapped.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But with the kick with the kicker, I can't. I can see where things can go wrong, like the snap the guy places it. You know, it's a bit of jippardy. You're relying on that and if you miss, the guy who snapped it might have gone but wide, he might have put it down in time. So is it better? I'm sure ten out of ten If it's placed correctly and the snap it'll go on, the tea will go over.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it is a weird.
Speaker 1: I know Larry David's talk for the longest time about they should get rid of the post in the NFL. That's roight at the idea to get rid of them in rugby and rugby league. But it's the most glaring in the NFL. It's a completely different game. Yeah, it's not even the same thing. And why do they always kick from straight out in front?
Speaker 4: Anyway? Greater minds announced another call here.
Speaker 6: You're suppose cay fellas be against Probably you guys must suffering. South Canterbury's coming to the book Smoke, playing the Fox the Fuzz. How come the Indian rugby can do that for the Randhilly shield draped? Seems podcast save your life story for a book when you're about forty odd and go on every single podcast and talk about.
Speaker 7: It for six.
Speaker 3: That seems to be the way, isn't it If you release a book you just go on to it. Don't you go through the washing machine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get.
Speaker 1: Through the car wash and interviewed by every single person to the same story.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So South Canterbury coming to the Big Smoke, coming to play at Eden Park, Why, I don't know. I don't know. Actually playing our horror fen in Auckland, I don't know. Maybe is it a curtain raiser another game? But bad news is you're away.
Speaker 1: Hi will be in Germany at that stage.
Speaker 3: We're on the Export Ultra Bier Garden tour, so unfortunately you're not going to hear.
Speaker 4: As much to see South.
Speaker 3: But that's true. Why didn't they for a Ramfley Shield. They should host They should host that Ramfley Shield challenge Land in a park every year. Yeah, that should be a tradition.
Speaker 4: A fourth straight Hutland Rugby title now Grace Hallow Turf, Eden Park. I don't know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: They've been trying to make it work for a few years. Apparently if a company chief executive rickoned, But okay, so we can get them flown out to Auckland to play a team from Wellington.
Speaker 4: Cheaper cheaper to fly to Auckland than to get to hawks By.
Speaker 3: And it must be it must be a curtain raiser to another game.
Speaker 4: Just to you know why why I must it?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm talking about cost, that's why. Because I'm saying, if there's a game on already, in terms of security stadium operations, your best to have more than one game. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I have seen the crowds that turn out to Auckland games at Eden Park.
Speaker 4: They still get a look like curtain raisers.
Speaker 1: They still shut down all the roads, they still apply the stadium. So Auckland Rugby to be like we need to shut the streets.
Speaker 3: I don't think's Aalkland Rugby. I think it's the council's requirement. There's more people on.
Speaker 4: The fucking Paddict than their own stands. Did you shut the roads down for them to get the training? Relax? Anyway? Yeah, I don't know why that's Why couldn't that be the Shield challenge?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Anyway, again, great.
Speaker 4: Mine's announced another caller here.
Speaker 8: You're suppose you get a fellas. It's Horatio Ringbinder here. Just want to talk about the mini stru work history a little bit, and I reckon you should. I should do like a ESPN thirty for thirty deep dive into my eyes work history. They'll be absolutely fabulous. Maybe get someone like Timmy Wit and Morris and to do the voiceover for it.
Speaker 4: I reckon be bloody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jeers guys, A regular contributor, Horatio Ringbinder must admit chune for quality. Yeah, terms of his recording, he knows what he's up to. He's got he's gone into a quiet space with a little echo and nawed it.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, thirty for thirty Doctor. They've pitched a book, a documentary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't read and subsequently I can't write, so that's probably ruling the book out.
Speaker 3: Well, you get it someone the ghost right? Oh, as we do, I'm lifting the covers. What they don't really write their own books?
Speaker 4: What do you mean they're telling me when someone puts a book out, it's shocking.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at some of the books in front of us.
Speaker 3: Yep, Well you know Christmas and Rarah Tonga, John Right didn't write it, God Goes written.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Dylan Cleavett is about to write.
Speaker 3: My He's the best in the business.
Speaker 1: Narrated by Tim Word to Morrison. Yeah, powerful thirty for thirty. I suppose you'd have to spend a minute on each job and then get through them all. I think we've got one more call of your suppose.
Speaker 7: You know why you fellows with the top sports Jason Podcast Country. But that's the most information I've heard about a boat sending anywhere. I don't really care too much about it, but now I've heard all of us ship I'm the best that I might do my research talk mechanic, my local diesel mechanics.
Speaker 3: We're going to get up to us, do you know what? And I've read some more. When when they raised this boat from the bottom, this Baysian, that's when then they're going to know what's going on, because if it was blown up by or if it was some sort of assassination, there's going to be evidence on that boat that they go, hey, how come the side of the hulls blown out during a water spout?
Speaker 1: It was a down spout that came out of the clouds, and yet the hull has been blown up.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and I think the suspicions around why did all the crew survive except the chef and all the passengers died.
Speaker 4: Because he wasn't cooking very good meals recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the it carries on this whole drama.
Speaker 4: There's a lot there.
Speaker 1: I do think it's all incidental, But if you wanted to put your team fo a head on.
Speaker 3: Like you're saying, in forty eight hours, both both dudes died. Both dudes died and not in suspicious circumstances. That didn't yeah, you know, they didn't.
Speaker 1: Those guys out for a run. I also read a bit more on this. I'm captivated by it now. The guy that hit the dude that was was actually a woman as sort of like an older woman, and she's cooperating fully with the investigation. So I think it was just like, oh, oh, NaN's hits up a pedestrian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, and yeah, it's a hard cell going going up to some old lady and goes, do you drive this road often? Here is a million dollars run this guy down?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, although if you want a plausible deniability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also if you're just retiring, want to see e grandkids.
Speaker 1: Up, it's easier to do than generating a down spout, or also easier than putting some plutonium in a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, so do your own research into all of that. But it's fun to think about.
Speaker 3: Yachting is a sport. It's kind of sports adjacent, isn't it. Yachting Bayesian yachting.
Speaker 1: Is a sports adjacent activity. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: He had been actually got robbed.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yes, I didn't bring this up.
Speaker 1: This is I know, we've put a we've put an embargo on Actual America's Cup updates.
Speaker 4: I think until we're racing.
Speaker 3: I reckon it's a mere cap adjacent and this is American Cap America's cap adjacent.
Speaker 1: Sir Ben Ainsley and I don't like when people get knighted before they finished their career.
Speaker 4: But Sir Ben Ainsley.
Speaker 1: How has Rolex taken off them at knife point in Barcelona?
Speaker 3: Okay, a couple of things. Anyone who's been to Barcelona. You do not go around flashing your riches, no at all. You don't even you don't even have like a camera hanging around your neck or a bagds Yeah, none of that. So to roll around in your Rolex, oh.
Speaker 1: Mate, you're asking for it, and it's the most sailing thing of all time trying to find.
Speaker 4: It exactly how much it was.
Speaker 1: There was a figure there, Yeah, thirty five thousand dollars watch you had?
Speaker 3: Fuck it was.
Speaker 4: A Rolex that that was a gift.
Speaker 3: I don't think you bore an absolute winner for the for the mugger, Oh I know, he's like, what jackpot Rolex thirty five grand? He would Disappointingly for Ben Ainsley, the Mugga would have sold it for one hundred bucks, yeah, one hundred euro ten minutes later, just some pawn shop and the porn shops.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, giddy up, yeah, and they sell that for about five thousand dollars and the will keeps spinning.
Speaker 4: But I just love that.
Speaker 1: It's like, there couldn't be a bigger advertisement for hey, there's heaps of rich guys over here. And now I think if I, you know, if I'm a robber, or if I've just got like a a like a job that requires me to have a box cutter, I'll probably be hanging around the docks there and just like waiting for someone to come into What a nice watch, mate, Well you.
Speaker 3: Watch now they're all going to have armed security.
Speaker 4: Get that was the.
Speaker 1: First thing that they did, was the upsecurity around the whole thing. If anyone's in the market for a cheap rolics, head over to Barthelna you find one there.
Speaker 4: All right, let's knock this.
Speaker 1: Thing on the head. We'll be back tomorrow for a bumper Friday. We have the acc Sports Book powered by the TB. Carl Tyler will be back in the studio and we're going to be talking to the coma kid Ian Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, and we're going to be doing it from the All Blacks Experience yep up there in Sky City. So looking forward to that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Get his thoughts on playing in South Africa from someone who actually did it. While a line out seems to have been bad and then come right from someone again and then went bad again.
Speaker 4: What actually happened with Razor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that and probably considerably less tomorrow on the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll see then, you've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you get your podcast