Speaker 1: You're listening to a podcast from News Talk sat B. Follow this and our wide range of podcasts now on iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Take it's rick, it is out, The test is over. Couldn't a smokes a beauty? It is out and here he goes.
Speaker 3: This delivery has in us as to.
Speaker 4: Go on the front foot where Brian Waddell and Jeremy Cody powered by News Talks head B at iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Hi, nice to be back on the front foot and paraging signs from the White Pends and drawn one day series with England. Now the real reason they're in England World T twenty title defense. A lesson from Game one cleaks out of New Zealand Cricket You got kidding me? Is that something New England test squad revealed? Where are the weaknesses and will the black Cats be prepare for the challenge and the true story of the Scorpions Cricket Club. I've promised you from last week's podcast and a special guest this week, Jeremy, you'll be able to recognize him the moment you climb in that lift at Lords to go up to the turret. Andrew Ordison's going to be joining you there. That lovely trip up on the lift and orders is going to be on it heading out shortly, orders to lords.
Speaker 3: Absolutely looking forward to wads And yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: I guess it depends who you've written about or broadcast about in the previous days.
Speaker 3: It laus as to how quickly that lift trip can go.
Speaker 5: But it's it's certainly worth it once you get there for the lunches and afternoon teas, et cetera.
Speaker 6: So long words that I'll know older is very well. I'll know history of his family just from the bottom of the start of that lift. There's only one floor up, that's no others. It is slow, I tell you what. There's a lot of people padly wildly to get that to go up and down.
Speaker 2: I can tell you I spent time in that lift when it didn't quite get to the top, and I was there quite some time with Michael Vaughan and Ian Botham, and both of them is more afraid of the closed spaces. He's claustrophobic like me. Boy I thought he was going to cut loose. Oh wow, it's good and so yeah, I said, we had a good old chat. You know. I was able to part a lot of knowledge to those guys on that trip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, sure, you an immortal sunk.
Speaker 2: I learned a lot. I've got to say. Look, I was going to tell you about the Scorpion Cricket Club. Remember last week we told you eight hundred and twenty two for four of those school We didn't know who they'd played or how they got on with. It was a close match, well relatively close. They were playing Methane Lions. Now I'm not sure to fect methane have on Lions, but they managed to scrape together twenty eight for seven from seven point five overs and apparently that's where the game ended. And I don't know if you've seen the bowling figures, but the most economical bowler was Sydney Schumber nine overs none for one hundred and twenty he went for thirteen, while Morgan Chaffer bowled six overs none for one hundred and thirty four and he bowled twenty two point three overs. I think they took a bit of a pasting, didn't they.
Speaker 6: Well, at least they go to the crack at twenty eight for seven or whatever it was that you just told us and doing so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven overs leaks from New Zelland Cricket they've got investigators coming in to find out what's been going on. I don't know with a year up with that orders its secret squirrel stuff.
Speaker 6: Isn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did like the headline Cricky Leaks. I thought there was clever was Yeah.
Speaker 5: I suppose it's the side of the times, is it. There's a feeling, you know, it's been feeling of unrest there for some period. You think about, you know, the departure of Scott ween Ink, You've got the privatized T twenty league proposed, et cetera. There's a lot of maybe angst about that, and yeah, it's just not going to help proceeds. I think once you bring people in to try and forarens it doesn't help the trust, does it in any organization once you know that's underway. I mean, I would have thought there's plenty of ways you could get material out of them in cheapest. We all rely on sources in New Zealand, cricket and elsewhere to to do stories sometimes and it's it's not all just opinion, et cetera. You try and build your sources. But it did have a feeling of the Kremlin about it. I've got to say if the indeed that is that is the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all had leaks over a period of time out of New Zealand Cricket. I mean I learned once from New Zealand Cricket to Jeremy Coney was going to captain the New Zealand cricket team, and that was leaked or long before it happened.
Speaker 6: But Judy, there wouldn't be you put my call. But what wouldn't be the story here? Isn't the story here that because the New Zealand twenty has been so secretive and that no one knows really very much about it at all, that there is an And yet there is quite a strong interest in what are you going to do with this very important component in our cricket season. We know the other competitions don't make money for New Zealand Cricket. It's costly. This one is supposed to make money. They've made a choice to go into private equity and have a private company running it. Are we going to make any money out of it? There's the first sort of little question we want to know, and then there's a whole raft of things after that. Aren't there How is it going to work? How are you going to make your money? So it's it is of interest, but we're not hearing anything, and I think that's why that's why there are leaks.
Speaker 5: When you when you have that kind of silence over anything, or you're not you're not getting as much communication or as much dialogue as you think you should be, then people will take those extra meases to try and create some if you like, Yes, it's a it can backfight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's something that the new chief executive is going to have to deal with too, because I understand there are other people who may be leaving the organization and you know, they've got to start with a clean slate. They've got to start with an open dialogue with the public and make sure that it works because it's important that now they've set the standard for the T twenty in New Zealand and New Zealand competition, it is successful because they don't want it as a drain on New Zealand cricket resources. It's got to go to a private company to be looked after and it's got to be a success. So putting it off by one year and finding the leaks, I'm sure is going to be really important.
Speaker 6: For them.
Speaker 2: The women's team in England, the White Fans. They drew the series with England one day as rain affected sadly, but at least they got up and won a game on the Duckworth Lewis system. England without their frontline captain Nat Siver Brunt, but they still had a fairly strong side. They had runs from players like Halliday and Green. Gays got some as well. Kerr wasn't needed solely to do the job. But it's the Tea twenties there Therefore, at the moment Jerry and I'm afraid the same old issues facing the side at the moment they aren't putting runs together.
Speaker 6: No, it was actually a bit of a thumping in the end, wasn't it. Emphatic went by England seven wickets and sixteen board. That's nearly that's getting towards three overs. Apart from Sophie Vine who kind of came in and rescued the start a little bit. New Zealand was sort of outplayed in most departments, weren't they. As you say, not enough runs for the New Zealand bowling attack to defend. I'm not sure we can lose three top order wickets in the powerplay and you certainly haven't got time to repair a broken innings and t twenty have you? Fifty one dot balls? That's getting heading towards nine overs of nothing you know, and dead batting, and then even the strokes that New Zealand were playing. You know, if you take Divine's innings away New Zealand, the rest had eight boundaries and one six in the twenty Oh that's thirty eight runs in boundaries. So you need more. I mean, I don't know that they need more power. Perhaps we should bring more milk back into schools. I don't know, but I just I just think that that is a problem. Loads of singles. Please, can we just see some more twos and athletic running and angling the bat onto the book into a gap? Much more urgency required? Yeah, so, I mean eleven o's of spin thirty three for three by that's England bowling and Eccleston had a bad day, didn't she. So we need to do better there. And the last little point I guess I would make is baits again. As I mentioned last week, If you're going to play baits and batter at eight or nine and then bowl her for one over I'm sorry, that's not worth the place in the team. And you know, if you're going to bat down there, I mean, I've seen better from Nancy Patel. We do need another finger spinner, and I think it's probably if you're going to play with that sort of role of baits, you've got to play her Patel instead of Baits.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Otherwise with them.
Speaker 2: Yep, fair point. I think as you should still be down the order. There was encouraging signs from Sharp and also Breilling. I thought orders between your many duties. I'm sure you had a time to glance at that game.
Speaker 3: I did, indeed, and that was one of the points I was going to raise.
Speaker 5: Actually, I thought brit yelling bold well, I mean two for nineteen from four overs. But she looked tidy and was able to put together a good showing one area again, and I'm referring back as much as to the one day as I am the t twenties, I would like to see some sharper fielding at times. I just saw a couple of harbor bridges there. I thought, all that's that's runs lost. And you look back to that ode I and Ncipatel with the drop catch and the gully or backward point. You know, with that game and the balance that that stuff has to be sharper. A media cur talking afterwards, A media cur talking afterwards, saying, you know that they don't want to be playing the best game right now, you know, this game ahead of this tournament or whatever, but you want to be putting out a better showing than that. I think, and I think, I mean she was disappointed, But one hundred and thirty seven run target they've got there with sixteen balls to spare it, it's looking pretty comfortable for England.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's did a lot riding on this.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're defending the title, so they should be going in relatively confident. But yeah, again, do you see based down the orderlight that is just a bit jarring as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, And I guess we'll have to reserve our final judgment for their preparation until they played a couple of other games. The fielding both of you mentioned was quite interesting, but I think it wasn't one of the great grounds. She looked at how many times both sides struggled to pick the ball up because it bubbled on rough surfaces, and really, as a county ground, the outfield should have been a little bit better than that. So those are the sorts of things we'll be searching for in the remaining two games against England and hopefully that preparation will see them right for the World Tea.
Speaker 6: Brian Waddell, Jeremy Coney on the front foot.
Speaker 2: Well, the men are heading off this week. Some have already gone to London the black Caps.
Speaker 6: Some leaving.
Speaker 2: Day in a day or two time. But we've seen the opposition put forward to us. We heard last week from Lawrence Booth, the editor of Wisdom, his view on the side that was chosen all is what do you make of the English team?
Speaker 5: Well, eventually the first one that springs to mind is to sing Ollie Robinson Beck and the side and whether they can always something as a player of quite some talent, but whether they can harness that. He's also can be quite loose and he put under pressure me in for I guess things he wrote on social media way back in the day and all these sorts of things. But whether they can do that, I mean they're going to have a new open zero sent I mean, I mean Zach Crawley had to go, didn't I suppose after been given such.
Speaker 3: A long lease through the Ashes etc.
Speaker 5: I'm probably as much interested in the wider context of English cric. I mean the fact that the McCullum Stokes partnership and along with Rob Key is as management, they've been given this incredible second chance to be able to galvanize things and to bring it back, probably with a bit more measured approach, and just seeing how that goes against them in New Zealand with the guinea pigs last time in twenty twenty two when McCullum was first brought in with that breath of fresh air and they dominated New Zealand with that three nail result. And I'm i suppose fascinated to see if that can re engage them after this second wind they've been given, and whether the dressing room is lost or not as a result of the poor Ashes showing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, some fresh talent being brought in, but yeah, it will be Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the New Zealand side contrasts should be able to put up a pretty decent showing with the side they put together.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lawrence Booth it is Reviewing Wisdom said that the Stokes McCullum regime was dogmatic, grew predictable, deaf to reason and says the team ran ran out of ideas and friends. Mccom's got to have work to do as well. Jerry is not going to be playing sailing for him, is it.
Speaker 6: Well, well, it's going to be interesting to see if he modifies the style that he's pushed so hard for. I mean, will the player's sense a change in his approach, and if he does, did he not believe it in the first place. It's going to be it's going that's quite an interesting one from a player perspective. I can't see him doing that. And then secondly, I think the off field stuff is going to mean to be they'll demand that that's tightened up. You can't have afford to have any more of the brook in New Zealand and the Ducket in nooser events, so that will be another pressure on them. Because he does believe very much on a fresh approach, doesn't he McCullum. He likes once you're not practicing those sort of things, and the team got together with golf and have a few drinks and that sort of thing. But he also had a very long leash. I mean, when Chris Silverwood was sacked he could implement his ideas with confidence. He got rob Key on his side, he got Stokes on his side. He got rid of some coaches fielding coach, not the batting coach. I think he kept, but the bowling coach for the seamers, maybe because he felt he had you know, experience, broad Anderson and Wokes there. But nevertheless he dismissed some people from the changing room. He became the selector. These are the sort of players I want. These are attributes that I want. Eighty five miles in our plus which is about one hundred and thirty eight k's and more aggressive field. Stokes was good at that. We haven't got a spinner. Let's pick a new spinner and get a high release point. It all looked a bit to me like they were looking towards Australia the whole time. But they didn't realize that Melbourne and Sydney has changed as grounds and pictures themselves. And it's a story if you go through the years, Wads and olders of a story of decline by results. They started extremely well, you're right, old as I was there for that three in the lost with New Zealand. They beat South Africa they drew with India. They beat Pakistan brilliantly over in Pakistan and he won over a lot of people, I think, McCullum, and then it started to turn a bit more to Custard. The point of difference was because we'd seen Australia Steve War's team in the Australia in two thousand. They played very aggressively as well. But what was different McCullum actually wanted it in all conditions. It doesn't matter what conditions where we are going to play. In fact, in when it's nipping about, you go harder. That was his message and that became that that came unstuck. There's no question about that, you know. The main point I would make is that because of the way that they ran the thing, there was basically the three of them, but McCullum was clearly in charge. Because there was a wider scope of influence, it should be easier to assess how their performance was. There were less people involved, no selectors really other than those three. Yeah, James Taylor was there, but in the background, and therefore the apportion the praise or the blame where things went wrong should be easier. And we now find of course that they you know, that that that they're all there. The other point I last point I would make about McCullum is I just think his victim is wrong. I just I maybe simplify and interpreting it correctly. But there has never been, and probably never will be, one way to play test cricket. I mean, don't get me wrong. I mean the concept they're looking to score has never been denied. You know, if you're batting, That's what batting is about, isn't it. But there's not one way to get to that place, you know. You know, some people accumulate, some people go hard and slow down, some people that are just shot makers, some people graft, you know, and strength. Heavens, people can do it differently, you know. I just feel there's a multiplicity of ways that you can kind of get there, okay. And I think the conditions will determine that. The opposition bowlers will determine it, the field setting will determine it. But to just attack, attack, sorry, that's not the way to play test cricket.
Speaker 2: It may well be an element of attack attack to a certain extent, because I don't think we're going to see too much spin bowling. Are we so it's going to be seam bowling, it's going to be stuff that could well, it's Lord's one of those decks where you can we can bowl short bounty stuff. Robinson likes to get in on the body, doesn't he.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah he does.
Speaker 5: And I was thinking of the poor you're raising there actually about the spin element, and it just becomes a bit one dimensional Test cricket doesn't or it lacks and when you don't have that spin element, I was noting that. I think since nineteen sixty nine you Zealand have taken a specialist spinner and played a specialst spinner at Lord's in every Test. I think it's been fourteen occasions since then, and I thought, not taking ages, but tell the summer I.
Speaker 3: See years playing over in England the moment.
Speaker 5: But you know, adding Foxcraft, I mean, I suppose you've got Phillips there, But does Phillips really approven spinner at this stage? I'm not sure of that that, but I think that, yeah, I'd like to see a bit more of that involvement in the series in Test cricket generally. But yeah, I mean the laws, I mean, Jeremy, we know more about this than I will, but about being able to use that slope as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm looking forward from a New Zealand perspective and.
Speaker 5: Seeing how say Kyle Jamison or a will I Rourke can attack it in that regard with their height. Shame Jacob Duffy's not going to be part of the series with away on paternity leave. But yeah, it's an element that will certainly come into the frame. I think in that Losses match.
Speaker 2: Jerry, they'll play Root as their spinner, won't.
Speaker 6: They Root and Bethel Root probably ahead of him. Looking at their squad wads, I would say that the pressure on them to try and be more sympathetic to the County Championship. I talked about them as selectors before they decided the players they wanted, they decided where to look at it, they decided what that was it and so they kind of took the county championship and performances out of it, and the County champion Ship hated it, and so they've been asked to compromise a little bit. Let you and if you look at the names down the list of there, you'll see a lot more new names, but most of them won't play. That's the first point I think you'll find. Obviously there'll be an opener that looks like it's going to be a Meleio Gay from Durham. He's playing in the second division. He's a number three. You've got people like Sibley and Hamid who are playing one for Knots and one for Surrey, who are scored. Hamid not scoring runs. Sibly is but they maybe want don't want to go back that far. But so Duckett has. Duckett has said goodbye, ipl I'm not going and has given away money for that reason. And he has scored a lot of runs and is averaging probably in the eighties or nineties. So he's in, and then it'll be Bettel route brook Stokes. Stokes hasn't had It's interesting you would think batsmen, you'd think batsman what I would have thought. It's fundamental that you play some cricket to get into the rhythm of the game, first of all, to know how you stand to Then if have you got a trigger? Do you do something before the ball is bold, like a trigger movement? We call it. How much is that get that right? Can you let the ball? Can you stop the ball? You know those kind of and then getting into the rhythm of batting and forming an innings. What's a single you need that you need that practice? Well, Bestel's going to get no games over there. Roots had three matches, Brookers had two of the six they've played, Stokes has had two. Smith has had six. So there's there are the top six or seven batsmen we're talking about. Rule will probably be I would have thought the young kids the sort of backup batsman, the utility batsman, I would have thought, and I would have thought that the bowl in looking at that would be players No archer, Yeah, what's going on there? Boys?
Speaker 2: Well, he's playing IPL.
Speaker 6: He's finished at the IPL. When this comes around. I mean, Rajastan are fourth at the moment and if they won't the next one, they'll get through. But theoretically he is available to play, isn't he? And he is also contracted by a central contract between and I googled it just for interest between nine hundred and a million, nine hundred thousand and two a million for two years, two year deal behind what well you double at the course for a New Zealand salary. So that's a bit. That's a lot of money to get for a central contract that's not for each game and things like that. You know, that's none of those. So theoretically, couldn't it he pulled out of the IPL. And if not, why shouldn't he grab six dukes balls and be practicing for an hour of bowling and go and get you know that little you know the guy who was the guy who's was it Clary Grimmert who out of Fox Terrier used to go and get the ball from there? He needs that, you know. And so I just I just think him making the choice to play at the IPL, that's his decision. It's not ECB, is it. It's him? And if you have already signed a contract with the ECB. I just don't like the way players are doing this. I think it's it's stupid to be paying someone a central contract like that and yet there he is playing for someone else.
Speaker 2: It's been criticized by a number of leading players, and of course Michael Vaughan, who's not sure of a word or two on any subject, was critical. But I agree with him. I mean, they're talking, what aren't they bowling loads? He's got to have the bowling load. She's got to have a red ball. Cricket andress wilt, but you're right he should be preparing that way, as should the New Zealanders who've been playing IPL been using red ball as well in terms of their preparation, although most of them have basically left Rutch and Ravendra didn't have any red ball. He's heading off with the team having not had an IPL game, and that there have been others who've been playing in the IPL, but they'll be joining the side pretty soon, I would imagine ahead of Ireland.
Speaker 5: It hasn't been too many New Zealanders seeming in the accident of the IPL, certainly in the recent couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: And I think you've.
Speaker 5: Got these Island tests where players are going to be in and then outs coming into just perhaps the one tiest only. But I was pleased to see that they had that camp down in christ Church to at least start to prepare for red ball again and to get into, like you mentioned that, the rhythm of although of course game time will always trump that and apart from the Island match, is not going to be that level of warm up that you want for any Test two of these days with the way they just go in and come out. But I am hoping that those New Zealand, that New Zealand might shine at those venues. I mean Lord's Nottingham and the Oval. So I mean, Jeremy, what's your take on the Opal and what New Zealand last well playing a Test matsually? I think winning in nineteen ninety nine as part of that series victory in England.
Speaker 3: But are they going to be suited to playing on that surface?
Speaker 6: The Oval is flat. If you look at the totals that Surrey and whoever they opposition have been, they've been very log I mean Duckett, I mentioned him. He's just come away with two hundred not out, hasn't he at the Oval? So I mean June is still regarded as early season obviously over there, generally it's a time when seemas dominate. But these pitch have so far been soft and slow, and so the bowlers have been taken out. There's been a lot of spin bowling actually leg spinners and so on. So look, I don't know. I think we'll miss Duffy. I agree with you. I said that last week Wads because he bowls nice, durable, long spells and with two people coming back from stress fractures, I would be a bit concerned. They don't know yet how many overs they can bowl a day, and I wonder about getting through the day. We do not have a frontline spinner. It's not Fox Foxcroft isn't a frontline spinner. Nora's Ratchein and Nora's Phillips, they're not there.
Speaker 3: That sat or.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately injured and that's a shame and a shame also that Braceful is not is decided to go a different way. So yeah, I think we will miss miss Duffy, but that's gone now, so he's going to you know, someone's going to have to bowl those overs. That's pretty simple. But that could be a potential weakness in the New Zealand side. We don't know how much betting Williamson has had. How much betting is he had not a lot? Is he lsg or something like that.
Speaker 3: I presume maybe he's part of it.
Speaker 5: He's been able to practice the regard, you hope, so, because they'll need it going into those into that environment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally this week, a little bit of trivia. I know how you like being blindsided, Jerry by trivia that you know nothing has been.
Speaker 6: Revealed to you. I don't really care about it, but that's all right, Yes, carry on.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Here's the question, who's the only player and Test cricket to score an unbeaten hundred in the fourth innings of a Test? Where it was the only hundred of the match. The fourth innings total was the highest innings. It was part of a successful run chase occurred on the fifth day. The answer Jeremy Canny.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't have a clue?
Speaker 2: Oh what about your orders?
Speaker 3: The answer, well, I think this is a magnificent question.
Speaker 5: I thought about this for ages actually, and then I just suddenly realized it was quite close to home.
Speaker 6: Was that it is to where we are right now?
Speaker 2: Exactly the answer as I gave it, The answer Jeremy Canney is Jeremy Canney.
Speaker 6: Well, that is the most significant piece of trivia I've ever heard. But it was a great I couldn't even tell you who was it? What was the question? Again? I lost interest as soon as it got too convoluted for.
Speaker 2: The last person who scored the only person to score one hundred and the fourth innings of a Test the Test was one and it was the only hundred of the match.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, I do remember that now, mate. Thank you. Thank you. Yeah, you brought up one of my better days.
Speaker 5: I remember coming home from school. I can remember coming home from school and watching that. There was absolutely brilliant drama. I suppose you'd say, but I just think all those variables stacked up there is that's quite unique, isn't.
Speaker 3: It the game all that sort of stuff. I thought it was a terrific trivia question and.
Speaker 2: The one of the one of the things that really got on my work though, was that New Zealand won the Test. Caney got the only hundred, but was he Macram who had been worn for bowling excessive bounces at kens and Chatfield won the Man of the match?
Speaker 5: Who was picking indeed, who was picking Man of the match was outrageous.
Speaker 6: Probably into Carbalum, that's right. Yeah, yeah, I didn't realize all that was or I was. I was just keen on getting Chaps through, which he did brilliantly. And then as we ran off the field, being we're having to avoid I remember Aunties and things like that, running with their knitting and things that we had to get away from them and get under the safety of the sawdust under the stand at Cherisbrook and finding down the labyrinth of changing rooms. We had to find Lance Keirns, who had been hit if you remember, in the head, and of course went off for a little went off for a sort of an MM whatever they call them nowadays. And when I asked him the next day and I said what did they find? He said nothing. I said, bloody right, there's absolutely nothing there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there was so many and fred Fred Goodrell was the umpire, of course, and he warned, was he machrim about? And it was brought to my mind by a video I saw of a Javid me and Dad having a kiss at Fred and it was yeah, memory, Yeah, I'll find the audio of that and play at some time. Thanks very much for your time, all of it. I was just going to finish off with a final personal note. An interesting little story. A former Wellington batsman by the name of Paul Standarde, who recently passed away at the age of ninety two, had had the odd game for Wellington, but he is remembered as the man hit a ball into a tram, So the trams that used to go round the Basin Reserve. He hit a ball over the fence. It landed on those route numbers. You know that you used to sit up on the top of the trams. I don't know all of us whether he saw trams and Wellington in those days, but it ended up in there, lodged there and the tram headed off down to Island Bay. So it was the hugest, largest longest six ever h by Paul Standards at the Basin Reserve. I suppose it's a memory you can take to your grave, but rest in peace. Porl Standards knew him very well. Died last week at the age of ninety two.
Speaker 6: So the timing was great time. He knows the timetable for the trams quite frequently coming down towards the basin, so it wasn't easy. And then he had to time it with the bowling. Then he had to launch it into the air and get it far enough, and then to hit the tram as it was going round the corner down there where they did have a stop. Actually or or certainly as kids we used to leap off and occasionally not pedestrians. But yeah, it was that. That's that's a great story, isn't it. I didn't know that story. Good road, is it?
Speaker 3: The direction of the train would have gone.
Speaker 2: It used to go up inlaid road.
Speaker 6: Yeah around me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a great yarn. Yeah, it was a good story I remember at the time and there, and of course it was very well handled by Nivile Lodge on his cartoons on the front page of.
Speaker 6: The Sports Post on Saturday night. Yeah exactly, they were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, guys, thanks very much to all of us. All the best on your trip. You're going away about the same time as JC. You might get on the same plane. I don't know. Good luck to you, both of you.
Speaker 3: And I'll be right and Jerry or two left, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll sit in the lounge.
Speaker 6: And watch night.
Speaker 7: I can tell you, mate, I'll tell you no way, all right, good boy, Okay, cheers, cheers boy Summer.
Speaker 1: For more from News Talk said B, listen live on air or online, and keep our shows with you wherever you go with our podcast on iHeartRadio.